Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm so sorry about the mix up with your appointment, and I hope you can get it all squared away tomorrow. Work was OK today, on the schedule another week. The book we gave out to all prepaperers states we will be open until 8:00 thru 03/09 - So, I guess I can probably count on that long being day shift. Got a second CSR of the week, and was on top performer again last week. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in escalations to get the former. And I know I'm the only one with perfect attendance. Not that I'm planning on that counting for anything (sigh) But home now to Theresa and Tang who seemed quite pleased to see their dad. Two more days to Caturday! I hope the tooth does not hurt too much, and pats for Noah. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, numb greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. By now you are homeward bound to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating the familiar sound of your footsteps in the hall, the click of the key in the lock, and the joyous greeting "DADDY"S HOME!!!"

Congratulations on your recognitions in your current job. I am sooooo ooo thrilled for you that you are FINALLY receiving acknowledgement for your outstanding work. I can understand the uncertainly you are feeling - - not knowing when / if you will be "discharged" from your current employment faced with having to obtain employment elsewhere. I am so hoping that your current employer will come to you and offer you a permanent position in a department you would really like to be.

It seemed for awhile that my dental appointment was in jeopardy once again. About 1 p.m. there was a power failure here at the house, and I wondered if the dentist office also was affected, knowing that if the power wasn't restored in a timely manner that I would probably have to be rescheduled. About 30 minutes later the power came back on, so I went on to my dental appointment. When I got there I was informed of what I have shared with you. I'm so glad the power came back on, as the dentist staff said the recording on the power company's power outage was that it could be until 3 p.m.. Got the work done and have a temporary crown on my tooth. Am still basically numb but the feeling is beginning to come back in as I'm writing to you - - prickly throbbing but not unbearably painful. I will get the permanent crown on Tuesday, March 20, put on after work. Thrills and chills. Now to the matter of paying for all this.

I'm home with my precious Noah who is curled up next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I am so looking forward to getting him his dinner and doing the light evening chores and getting settled down for the evening. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkdis. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad the power outage didn't adversely affect your appointment. I do hope it's feeling better soon. Not too much to report today. Work was OK, 80 calls - seems like we get more now with fewer people. Free pizza tomorrow, so that's nice I guess. It got all the way up to 70 today, with rain on the way tonight. I've opened all the windows in the apartment which the kids are loving. Tang has been practicing his "flying" on the floor each night - anticipating spring no doubt. I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, breezy Friday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in to share your news.

I am so chuckling about your little Tang practicing his "flying" - - hmmmm - - getting in shape for his balcony "circus act" per chance???? Are you sure he doesn't have some feathers around his arms? He does remind me soooo much of my number one kitty son Eli.

The tooth situation here is back to normal, for which I am thankful. Now I just have to get through this next month without the temporary crown falling off. Yesterday the technicians were trying to find an enamel shade in the kit for the permanent crown that would closely match my real teeth. I asked them about a gold color -- (to match the cost of the work) - - they got a laugh out of that. I told them as long as it was functional I really didn't care what color it was. Of course I heard a grumble as to how I was no help.

It has been very nice being home with my little Noah today. I am so looking forward to being home with him on a regular basis come June.

I hope today is going okay for you on the job, and the pizza was a pleasant treat. I hope your travels homeward bound will be uneventful, and that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendsihp, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Well, that warm spell was short lived as it's back to cold and very windy today. I'm glad you got your dental work squared away and the tooth is not hurting.
Work was OK today, slow enough to let people go home early. I was the only day shifter who stayed my whole day. The pizza was OK. Free is always good.
I'm home now to Theresa and Tang whom are both wound up. I guess they know it's Caturday eve. Yes, I do indeed think Tang is practicing for spring balcony time - which WILL be supervised. He was in fact "practicing" just before I scooped him up to the bathroom sink for his ear cleaning. He was NOT amused. But he gets over it quick and is already head butting my leg for attention. Theresa is running around chasing her tail as usual before she tuckers out in front of the space heater with one of my t-shirsts laid before it. Hope this finds you and Noah well and keeping warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news.

I hope your errands are going well - - that you are not having to chase your groceries down the road with this high wind we are having today. It truly is a blustery day outside. Any kite flyers would be hard pressed to hold onto them. The kites could very well end up soaring up to the space station. Good thing little Tang isn't outside today or he may just be able to "fly to the moon" with his high wire act. Have you thought about putting little weights around his feet when he's on the balcony to try to keep him on solid ground? He does soooo remind me of my beloved Eii.

It's a quiet Caturday here. Have done some work on the finances. Got an e-mail that I already have a bill waiting for me to begin payment on the dentist. That didn't take long to get charged, did it? Noah is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion at the foot of the bed as I'm writing to you. The high wind upset him a bit in the night, but I was able to soothe his worried brow and get him to come back to bed with me. We ended up sleeping in until 10 this morning. I do have some laundry to do, so I may attempt that in a little bit.

I hope you get your errands done safely and quickly, my friend, so that you can be home with your precious furkids for the rest of the day and evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Happy Caturday to you, little Theresa and Tang......My goodness, it sure did turn cold and still a little windy today. The roof guys wanted to put the roof on today, but it's too cold. Monday should be better.

Blackie was so funny last night. I looked out about 9:00 last night and saw a raccoon that kept going back and forth under the car. I looked closer to the door and Blackie was perched on the top step. I opened the door and heard Blackie making a mean low growl. He was guarding the food. (There is a huge raccoon that comes by sometimes that Blackie is afraid of.) Later on Blackie left but came back this morning for breakfast.

Tracy, I hope your day is going well with your errands and I hope you and furbabies have a cozy and warm evening. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Always thinking of Angel Sir Tom too.......God Bless....

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. I'm glad Noah is doing better. I know how fearful Tang is of bad weather. Yeah, medical/dental bills do not ever take long to come out it seems. I do hope your tooth is doing better.

Thank you LoveMyMickey. I'm glad Blackie is doing OK, and hope he stays out of the racoon's way.

Errands went OK. I was as frugal as I could possibly be, but still do not know how I'm going to pay rent and be able to buy groceries next week (sigh) I'm hoping they take a few days after the 5th to put the rent check through to float to the Friday payday of that week or I'm afraid it may bounce, and that would not be good. At least the babies have plenty of food for now. But, that's life I suppose. Both Theresa and Tang are doing well, and that's a blessing. Tang still has that little tumor, but I think the shot shrank it some. I have no idea when we'll be able to afford sugery. One of the expenses today was for more Tresiderm which is pricey even with the discount.

I hope this finds you and yours doing well and keeping safe and warm. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our Sunday afternoon greetings. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for your kind thoughts for Noah. Since the wind has calmed my Noah has settled down more comforably again. I, too, am thankful for the calm once again. I am so glad to know that Tang's ear continues to look okay even with the growth.

So glad you got your errands done yesterday. I do so understand the paycheck to paycheck survival. It wears on the nerves and leaves one feeling very uncertain. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the rent check will work out okay.

By now you have your laundry done, and hope you and your precious furkids are enjoying a pleasant lazy Sunday together. Today is a low key one for Noah and me as tomorrow it is back to the pit for me. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I hope you and furbabies are having a peaceful Sunday....Not peaceful here. The roofers are here, on a Sunday.....The boss said they were behind on their jobs....Oh well, it's also husband's birthday......Blackie didn't get a chance to eat. He's probably in the next town by now. smile.gif ......Pizza and chicken will be here for dinner. I'll save some chicken for Blackie in case he comes back....

Tracy, I hope your work week treats you well......Give the furbabies a special pat for me.....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam

I have resigned to sending the property manager an email asking if I drop my rent check off on the 5th they can hold it until the 8th when my direct deposit goes in that night. If not, then I guess it's better to wait until the 9th and pay the late fee rather than risk bouncing it. Today was a typical lazy Sunday with cuddle time with the kids. One more week of assured work, hopefully more after that. Not much to report right now as I am feeling much sadness and despair. I hope that you both as well as Noah and Blackie are doing well. Peace and TTFN

TTT

Update: I have just given Tang his cleaning, and the polyp appears to be bigger than before. I don't even know how long I'm going to have a job. I put my rent in jeopardy just by getting more tresiderm, and don't even know how much (if at all) it will help - I sure as heck can't afford sugery. Some cat dad I turned out to be. I think he would have been better off with someone else sad.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang on this Monday evening. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Tracy, I'm glad you're going to try to work something out with the landlord about this month's rent. This is not an uncommon situation, so please try not to punish yourself about it. As for your little Tang's ear, please try not to get too upset. You are a WONDERFUL dad to both your precious Theresa and little Tang. Sometimes the humane society has funds set aside in a Good Samaritan Fund for needed procedures, including the Humane Society of the US. Also you may want to check to see if the vet practice will accept payments. Yes, you may have already checked this out and gotten an answer, but it never hurts to check again. PetsMart may have a Good Samaritan Fund as well. If Banfield doesn't have a fund, ask if you could leave a jar for donations toward little Tang's surgery. This is for a very good cause so please don't feel upset about needing to do it. You are giving people an opportunity to do something good for your little Tang - - this isn't anything to feel self-conscious about.

I wish there were something more I could offer you, Tracy, but unfortunately the only thing I can offer you right now is my sincerest friendship, support, and encouragement. I wish there more I could offer you.

Today was busy at the pit catching up on things that were not done in my absence last Thursday and Friday, as well as getting caught up on paperwork from the weekend. The good news is that I am now home with my precious Noah for the evening, and he seems very contented.

I hope today at work is going well for you, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing and sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

We will see what happens with the apartment manager, but it's likely I'll just end up having to pay the late fee. I will look into seeing if the vet will allow for payments. I'm not even sure of the cost, so I should find that out first. Given my usual luck, I'm not counting on any real positive feedback sad.gif Work was more of a downer as the axe has finally fallen in esaelations. Three of a total of nine of us (not me - this time) were told this is their last week. I could very well get that axe after next week for all I know. I appreciate your trying to encourage me, but I just don't think any amount of "positive thinking" is going to help. My experience has always been when it rains, it pours. I will soldier on as best I can. I hope this finds you and Noah doing well, and that your time in the pit is not too terrible. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this Tuesday evening. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I think you are very wise in finding out how much the surgery will cost so that you can begin to make a plan.

Tracy, the current financial crisis is not your fault, and you are not alone in the circumstances you are facing. I'm glad you still have your current job, and I know how unsettling it is for you not knowing when the "axe" will fall. Can you talk to your rep at Todays to start putting out "feelers" for other job opportunities? Perhaps your rep could begin negotiations with your current employer for another assignment in a different department? It's just a thought for whatever it's worth.

I do know one thing and that is your precious Theresa and little Tang do not want anyone else but YOU for their Forever Dad. I hope this will be some comfort to you, Tracy.

I had to e-mail the new supervisor today to ask her about the status of my requests for several days off over the next several weeks. She finally e-mailed her approval to me today. This is one of the MANY things I will not miss. I always have to "beg" for days off, for the status of my requests for work-related issues. Two days down, three to go this week.

Can't believe it's getting on to 5:30. Hopefully by now you are on your way home to your precious furkids. Soon it will be time for me to get my precious Noah his dinner and do some light evening chores. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I seriously doubt the agency will do anything for me at this stage. I did get a call from another agency regarding a job I posted for online (the next day in fact) I told her of my current assignment/schedule - she said give her a call when my current assignment is over, so who knows. I'm not greedy, I just want a steady decent paying gig so I can make an actual budget (sigh) The one good thing is that Tang is not showing any signs of discomfort or pain. His dispostion is actually very good. Keeping it clean and applying the drops daily is at least doing SOMETHING. I'm also reminded of what you said about his chances if I had not taken him. I'm trying (and praying - ALOT) and I guess that's all I can do. I'm glad you got your time off approved and hope you and Noah are both doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending our good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirts. It is always a blessing logging in to share your news.

It is very good news indeed that your little Tang is not showing any pain or discomfort when you clean his ear, or any other time. And having contact with the other agency for a potential job sounds promising. It's better than what you had while you were working for your former employer. It is very natural for you to want - - and deserve - - a stable paying gig so that you can have a sense of financial stability. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers every day for this very achievement, my friend. Please let us know how things go for you.

We are under a tornado watch until 10 p.m. tonight. We had a little bit of sunshine when I left the pit, but clouds are rolling in now, so we may be in for a bumpy evening weather-wise. The good news is that it is Wednesday - - three days down - - just two more to go this week.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm hoping for the best too. I guess what has alarmed me is how much bigger the mass got in a fairly short period of time. At no time have any of the vets indicated it's life threatening (I could not stand to lose another baby in such a short time) and that not expressing pain or discomfort is supposed to be a good sign. The apartment manager shot me down on both holding the check or even being able to pay by check for the late fee/rent. That being the case, I'm trying to wrap my head around what (if anything) I can really do for Tang right now other that keeping up the cleanings and drops sad.gif It's not fair. He's a good boy and deserves better.

I thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and hope they help. I also hope that you and your precious Noah are doing well this evening. Peace and TTFN

TTT
xxForeverxx
Hi

I would just like to say I think you are doing more than many people could do as you love Tang and are treating him every single day to try and help him. You are loving him and caring for him and only a true pet owner can do that. Never think he would be better off somewhere else. You have not caused what is wrong so that is some thing he would have got anywhere and you are making sure you do everything you can for him....he would not ask for more.

I hope you are being treated kindly today.

xxForeverxx
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our good evening greetings from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - in spite of trying circumstances.

I'm sorry the landlord is not compassionate about the rent, but at least you know for sure what to expect. I do so understand your concern about your little Tang's ear, and knowing that it does need surgery - - at some point in time. Have you spoken with the vet's office yet about the cost of the surgery and options - - if any? This will work out, Tracy. Just keep doing what you can - - this is all your little Tang, and precious Theresa, ask.

Today is Thursday and I'm wondering how life is treating you at your job. I am so hoping and praying that you have received assignment for another week - - at the very least. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will receive a permanent assignment soon.

Didn't get any storms last night. We did get some very light rain showers as the road was damp this morning for the commute into the pit. The folks in the mid-west continue to get hammered with severe damaging storms. My heart goes out to them.

I hope today is treating you and your precious furkids kindly, Tracy, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you xxForeverxx and moon_beam

I have not had an opportunity to get with the vet to see how much the surgery will be. Hopefully I can find some time tomorrow. Tonight I got a few traces of blood out of it. About the same as that last time. I don't know if he's scratching it or what. I've already done the steroid shot, so I don't know if there is anything else useful to do short of surgery, and if I should just save my pennies for that. I'm waiting on a form from Chase to cash out the retirment fund I didn't know I had. It's just 120.00, but that would help. I'll find out from the vet what my options are. He's still acting his usual active affectionate self, so I guess that's a good sign.

We didn't get a schedule for next week, but neither was I told not to come in. So I'm guessing another week at least. I saw online where that other agency is still looking for people, so I'll file that away too. I'm just hoping and praying this will all work out. sad.gif Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. It is Friday, and hopefully you are well on your way home to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad.

Sounds like the growth is fairly stabilized - - the discharge is nothing more than what it has been in the past. I think you are very wise to start the "ear surgery" fund for your little Tang. I hope the "sticker price" you get from the vet's office will not be too much of a shock for you, and that they will be willing to work out some sort of a payment plan for you. Please let us know how things go with this inquiry.

The good news is that today is Friday, and I am home now with my little Noah for the weekend. We had a brief thunderstorm pass over a little bit ago, but the weather report indicates things go get a bit bumpy as the night goes on. I hope you and your precious fur tribe will be safe and sound if the weather gets boisterous in your neighborhood.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious fur family. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

We had tornado warnings this afternoon, but they managed to miss the metro Louisville area. My bus was even on time and ended up at the end of the line 5 minutes early.

Tang's ear actually looks a tad better than it did last night. I can still see the pollyp, but it's less swollen and very little discharge. So, I hope you are right about being more stable. And he still shows no outward signs of discomfort, maybe the shot had a delayed reaction (it's supposed to work over a period of 30 days I'm told) Perhaps the tresiderm helped with that part too. I'll keep up with that and the cleaning every day. I guess I should take comfort in the fact I am treating him as best I can and am not doing nothing as some folks might. I did call the vet for an assessment this morniong. By my second break I had heard nothing and called. I was told the vet is still looking into the cost of surgery, additional options, and what Dr. Mills did with the original tissue (lab results, etc) I still have not heard back, but will keep at it. I'm just glad it looks a little better tonight.

But it's Caturday eve, and a pleasant night out so I'm letting the kids have balcony time while I can watch them as I'm on the computer. I hope you and Noah are well. Peace and TTFN
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Happy Caturday Eve to you, little Theresa, and Tang. I'm glad little Tang's ear looks a little better and I hope you hear back from the vet soon. I just hope that growth isn't anything serious. I know you are doing all you can for him. You are a good cat dad.

We had a tornado warning here too about 5:00 this afternoon. We went to the basement. I don't know how large the hail was, but it was pounding loud. No damage right here, but I don't know about other areas in the county.

Blackie has been gone for several days. Oh well, that's what he does. I think he is afraid of one big raccoon that comes around after dark.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a pleasant evening and blessed weekend.....You all are in my thoughts and prayers....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Good Caturday greetings to you, Tracy, and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I hope little Tang behaved himself last night during balcony time and did not engage you in any high wire rescues.

I'm so glad that his ear is looking better, and that you're pursuing getting costs and options from the vet about surgery and treatments. The good news is that your little Tang is not in any immediate health risk which will give you time to start saving funds for what will need to be done for him - - eventually.

Noah is doing well. Today has been quiet here at the homestead working on bills and spending time with my precious little boy.

I hope your errands went smoothly today, and that you and your precious furkids are enjoying a pleasant Caturday together. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessigns,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, I hope you weathered the storms OK and that Blackie is OK and comes back soon. Thank you moon_beam. I hope you and Noah are well.

Today was OK as Caturdays go. My errands were uneventful and frugal so I can try to save for Tang. It's actually been kind of a blah day actually. Not much going on to report. I did let the kids have some balcony time when I got home this morning and Tang actually stayed away from the dangerous side and came in on his own; Theresa had to be "persuaded" of course wink.gif Hope all is well for you. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Sunday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in to share your news.

Sounds like yesterday was a "steady as she goes" day for you and your precious furkids, and that is good. So glad you little Tang contained his adventurous activities yesterday during balcony time - - which allowed YOU to enjoy their balcony time as well.

By now you probably have the laundry done and are hopefully enjoying this day snuggled down with your precious furkids. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a mid-morning nap as I'm writing to you. This week I only have three days in the pit to get through, - - am taking Thursday and Friday off this week.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very pleasant day, my friend, and a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Hope this finds you doing well and enjoy your well earned (hopefully paid) time off. Today was another "blah" day of relaxing. Now wondering where the weekend has gone (sigh) Back to work for at least another week, although half expecting the axe. But then again there ARE only 2 of us left on day shift - unless they offer my hours to someone else. Who knows unsure.gif All I can do is hope and pray for the best. Not much going on to report with me or the kids. So I'll just say peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, chilly Monday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. Soon you will be homeward bound to your precious furkids.

I hope today is being kind to you at work, and that your travels home will be uneventful. Today was a bit wild for me. Had an inservice that I had to take for the job that was in town, so I had to drive into town first thing this morning. It lasted 3 hours, then drove 45 minutes to my work place, and only had about 45 minutes in the office before it was time for me to clock out to come home. It was ever so good to get home to my precious Noah. So glad that nonsense is over with. Just 3 months and 10 days before I can say "good bye" to the pit.

We were supposed to get snow but thankfully it did not materialize. Some places did get snow, but now in my neck of the woods, for which I am very thankful with all the driving I had to do today. It's quite gusty breezy outside, though. Am looking forward to the warmer temps forecasted.

Tracy, I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Hope this finds you and Noah doing well. We did get snow last night, though it only stuck to the grass and cars. This on the heels of all those tornados that killed around 40 people across the state and Indiana. That poor little 15 month old they found miles from her home passed away yesterday sad.gif Glad you got a break from the "pit" today. On that note....

Today was "axe" day. Pretty much me and the only other day shifter in escalations. So, unless they offered mid shifters our hours, I'm guessing it's the last week for them too. I did not recognize the lady from Today's/Randstad, but she apparently knew me on sight. I'll take that as a good sign. I asked with the merger if they had anything. She asked if I was interesetd in more than just call center/CS. to which I said anything they have is fine. So, we'll see unsure.gif So, this week I need to follow up with that, the other agency, and reopen my UE claim. Probably have to spend hours in the office on that one (sigh)

But home to the kids now, and that's always good. Theresa and Tang are well and romping about. Hope you have a blessed evening with Noah. TTFN
TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Tuesday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well.

I am so sorry that your assignment has now or will officially end. Will you still have work through this week, or was yesterday your "exit" day? I hope you will be able to get a new assignment very soon. Please let us know how things go for you.

The plot thickens at my job. The new supervisor came to the office today where I was informed that I will be reassigned to the Roanoke office next month. I had been hoping that I could spend my last few weeks without having to endure any changes, but - -oh well. I will have to make some major changes in routines but it's livable. No one knows yet that I am planning on making an exit in 3 months, so it is really going to be a shock when I do hand in my resignation, which may be a bit sooner than what I had been planning. That's livable, too.

The good news is that I'm home now with my precious Noah, and all is right with the world until the alarm clock goes off tomorrow morning. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I will work through the end of the week. I have called Today's to reiterate my availabilty. The woman whom I have worked with from the start was um, LESS than enthusiastic. But, I did call the other agency that had called me literally the day after I posted online and I have an appointment there Monday at 10 AM. I am keeping my fingers crossed as it's rare to get called back at all on job site postings, much less the very next day. I discovered the busy signal I was getting trying to call main UE office in Frankfort was due to the fact I had the number wrong (sigh) I guess I'll follow up on that tomorrow.

I hope this transition in your job is not too stressful, and you are able to go forward as planned. I was late getting home tonight as an accident on the highway made the bus run 20 mins late - BOTH ways; going was slow as a snail the whole way. But since he was going to hop on the interstae to go back downtown rather that the usual route, I saved a 10 minute walk home. The kids were NOT pleased at my tardiness, but are doing OK now. I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this Wednesday evening. It is always a blessing logging in to share your news. I'm sorry your travels home last night were delayed, but it was nice that you didin't have to walk so far from your bus stop. I hope your travels home this evening will be better.

I am so glad you have an appointment with the other recruiter on Monday for a job posting. This is very good news, and I hope this recruiter will be more enthusiastic about helping you than the reception you received from Todays. I'm sorry Todays did not appear eager to assist you - - since that is their job and the rep you have been working with has always seemed helpful in the past. I'm glad you discovered the wrong number and hope you're able to make contact today with the UE office. Please let me know how things go for you, my friend.

After sleeping, and not sleeping, and musing about what is ahead of me in terms of being stationed in the Roanoke office, I have decided to hand in my resignation 6 weeks earlier than anticipated. When I think about having to drive into Roanoke every work day for 2 months I truly get a panic attack. I will have a farther distance to go which means more gas which means a higher gas credit card bill and the uncertainty that goes along with adjusting to a new environment. If you think of me as being a rubber band, you can only stretch a rubber band so far before it snaps. I feel like a rubber band that still has one little sliver that is still holding the rubber band together. I just don't feel up to being stretched any further.

I am so glad I have tomorrow and Friday off from the pit to be home with my precious little Noah. I truly need this from everything this week.

I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I made it home just fine and on time tonight. I'm sorry your work is causing such stress. I hope it all works out in the end, and you enjoy your days off. I too hope I can get working again soon. Rent late with this coming check and utilities late with the next and final check (sigh) I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and maybe they are doing some good as I'm not feeling nearly as stressed out as I probably should. But, perhaps that's just denial sad.gif The kittles are both doing well, and I hope this finds you and Noah the same. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this Thursday afternoon. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know you're at work as I'm writing to you. I hope today is going okay for you, and that your travels homeward this evening will be uneventful. If there's any consolation to you in the difference between how you are once again prospecting for another job and what happened with your previous employer is that at least you are being allowed to leave this job with some form of dignity, and that does count for a little something. You have also been treated fairly and acknowledged for your superior performance, and I am praying this will help your new recruiter to assist you in finding new employment speedily. Please let us know how things go for you.

Today has been a quiet day here getting caught up on e-mails. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I do thank you, my friend, for your kindness and encouragement in my current employment situation. I will be okay eventually. It will take me awhile to "de-toxify" from the current work environment. I'm just hoping that the next few weeks will be survivable.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you are enjoying your time off and hope you and Noah are well. It is true what you say about the differences on this assignmernt. But, alas, it does not help with the already too strained finances (sigh) I thank you for your kind words though. I got an email from Today's - LG&E had the nerve to request back a parking pass I never had! I don't even drive, which was in my reply. My travels home were timely and uneventful. One more day to Caturday, which I normally look forward to. With the future looking uncertain at best, and quite bleak at worst it just isn't the same sad.gif

I am home now to the littles and the are both well (as can be) I hope this evening treats you and Noah kindly - TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for your always welcome notes sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. Noah and I send each of you our very windy greetings on this Friday morning.

It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some employees as the case of LG&E. One employer I worked for for a very short period of time came to me and asked me to return a broom I had borrowed to clean up a mess in the office I had been assigned. I told the supervisor that I had my own transportation and no need of their broom. It was shortly after that I got an offer from another company and took it.

Tracy, I am truly very sorry that you are once again faced with an economic crisis to deal with. The good news is that you do have an interview on Monday with the new recruiter, and I'm hoping that they will already have something lined up for you - - more than one something hopefully - - to pursue that will give you some permanent financial stability. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers frequently every day.

I hope today is being kind to you as your last day with your current employer, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur family, and please know that always I look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers, and am hoping they help. I'm not such a bad person am I? I just don't know why this all happens to me sad.gif You'd think the love and care I give my fur kids would count for SOMETHING on the karmic scale. I am amused, though by your reference to a broom as transportation wink.gif It is Friday and the work week is over - for who knows how long. Theresa and Tang both seem well enough and glad to see me as usual. I hope this finds you and Noah both doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in reasonably good spirits under the circumstances. It is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news.

After all these years I still chuckle at what I said to the supervisor about the transportation. I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it, too. I'm hoping this is the LAST contact you have regarding LG&E.

Hopefully by now you have your errands done, or will have them done shortly, and will be home once again to your precious furkids to enjoy the rest of the weekend, and in anticipation of your meeting on Monday morning with the new recruiter. Please let us know how this goes, my friend. Perhaps this new recruiter can help you update your resume.

Not much going on here so far today. When I get this posted to you I will begin the task of turning the clocks forward for the return of daylight savings time tomorrow. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very pleasant Caturday, and a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....I hope your Caturday errands are going well.......You are NOT a bad person! A lot of people in your situation would just sit back and draw UE or welfare and not try for a job. But you are a real go-getter......I don't know why some people have to work so hard for what they get and others don't, but that's just the way things are.....I feel like things will get better for you, at least I am praying that they will...You are an excellent cat dad too, doing the best you can. (I hope my words make sense, I find it hard to express myself sometimes.)

Blackie was here this week, but left for the weekend. I put a special soft rug out close to the door and he loves it. When I first put it out, his nose went all over it, I think because Mickey had laid on it. He is getting so big, he might turn into a black panther. unsure.gif

Tracy, I hope you and precious furbabies have a good afternoon and a quiet cozy evening...You all are in my thoughts and prayers always...God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

Moon_beam...I had a good laugh about the transportation broom too. biggrin.gif
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam, LoveMyMickey (glad Blackie has come back)

I appreciate the kind words and prayers. Today I walked to the Save-a-Lot and back with my cart (no cab) I thought I would have to go to Kroger but remembered there is a Feeder's Supply in the same shopping center where I could get Iams and it was only .50 more than Kroger. I spent a bare minimum. I am still about 75.00 short of paying the Insight bill I arranged to pay no later than 15th (day before my last check) So, it looks like I will have to return to the plasma clinic that I swore I'd never do again. Going back in as new I belive that will net 100.00 for 2 visits. Gotta do what I gotta do I guess (sigh)

I was home by about noon and have been watching Must Love Cats on AP snuggled with the kittles. Must remember to set my clocks forward tonight (or set alarm an hour earlier) I have looked on the TARC site and know which buses I need to take Monday (wish me luck) I also need to reopen my UE claim and Monday is the busiest day at their call center. Hopefully I'll be home in enough time to be on the phone for a while. I hope all is well with you and yours. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our bright Sunday morning greetings from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in reasonably good spirits. I'm glad you were able to get your shopping done yesterday for you and your precious furkids.

By now you have your laundry done and I'm hoping you and your precious furkids are being able to enjoy a lazy Sunday together. I hope your travels tomorrow to the recruiter will be uneventful and with smooth connections, and that the rep will be able to get you set up with a new position immediately - - preferably one that brings you a stability of employment with a salary that will support you and your precious fur family comfortably. I will look forward to knowing how things go for you tomorrow, including your contacts with the UE office.

I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always loook forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Laundry was done with nobody in the room and without incident. Theresa, Tang and I did have a lazy Sunday. I don't know how enjoyable with all that's on my mind though. I finally filed my tax return online - a whopping 470.00 which I know I will not see, that will go to student loan (sigh) I have my routes planned out for tomorrow and have hard copies of my resume' (thanks to you) and am hoping it will turn up something positive. Not much else to report, just wish me luck. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang greetings on this late Monday afternoon from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well today.

I want you to know that you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers and hope that today is being kind to each of you. I am looking forward to knowing how your meeting went with the new recruiter - - whatever the news may be.

I hope as the evening draws nigh that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and cozy evening, and blessings for which to be thankful. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My travels today went well. There was not more than a 10 minute wait (both ways) between my buses and none were crowded. The appointment was alot more brief that I would have thought (40 minutes as opposed to the 2 hours I was told in the email) I filled out a survey, basic application, W2/I9, drug screen/BG check, and direct deposit forms. I then had about a 15 minute interview with the recruiter. She asked me some basic questions about my background and what I was looking for. But, at no time did it feel like an actual interview. Sad to say no offers were made, and I really don't know what to make of the whole process. When I got home I completed my application by phone to reopen my UE claim and the first day I can call for a check is 03/28. My horoscopes for today as well as "God's message for the day" on Facebook are all saying keep a positive attitude. But right now, I'm not so sure. Theresa and Tang are both well enough and having a little extra time with them is nice. Not much else to report now. Hope all is well with you and Noah. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your news with us about how your day has been and how your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I do understand how uneasy you are feeling about your (non)-interview today. Can you - - or do you want to - - also re-open your file with Todays? Since it has only been 3 months since your last drug screen, will the new recruiter accept that screening - - or do you have to undergo another one?

The good news is that you are proceeding with your UE application and have a date when a check will be available for you - - I know -- a very long 2 weeks. Hopefully by then you will have at least one positive interview with a potential employer. I do so understand how hard it is to keep a positive attitude when at best you're struggling to keep your head above water. One day at a time, my friend, and please know we are here for you through every step of this new journey.

It's getting time for me to get my Noah's dinner, as he is doing his dinner dance now. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Almost time to get dinner for kittles here too - and the nightly cleaning. I already have put myself on the available list with Today's - once by phone (The afore mentioned "Yeah, I'll put you on the list, what ever *YAWN*") and once by email when I replied to that stupid LG&E parking pass thing. So far, nothing. Each company you go to requires their own drug screening. As long as it's somewhere I can get to on the bus I don't really mind. Tomorrow I will go to the plasma clinic and re-enroll as new (which will probably take about 8 hours) - that should be good for 50.00, and hopefully a follow up on Thursday for another 50.00 so I can pay my Insight utillities before I get cut off. Other wise I guess I'll have no services for a few hours and have to pay a reconnect fee sad.gif I'm having a hard time seeing the upside to what is my so called life (except for the blessing of Theresa and Tang, of course) but even that saddens me when I think I'm not doing all I can for them. I wish I knew what powerful diety I angered to bring all this on....Not much else to report right now. Hope you and Noah are staying safe and warm. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Today was a complete waste. A total of 6 hours to be exact. After sitting in the plasma clinic for 4.5 I stupidly, without thinking said I am allergic to pennacillin. Before I had said no allergies. So, I was turned away with a letter for my Dr. - which will do me no good now. If I'm lucky, my direct deposit from my last check will come in before I get my uitillities (internet and phone) turned off. - that's between 9PM and midnight. My luck? It will happen right at 9. I begged and pleaded a supervisor to give me a few more hours. She stated it's physically impossible which I know for a fact is not true. We told people that all the time at LG&E - but supervisors could reset the arrangemenmts. On top of all that, I found traces of blood in Tang's ear where, I assume, he's been scratching. I do not know what I have done to God that has made him hate me so much or why he does not just strike me down and be done with it. I really am not sure I can go on.....sad.gif
Tom's Dad
A new day and possibly new hope. Tang's ear looked a little better this morning when I put in the drops. It was a brisk 56 degrees so I let he and Thersa have about an hour of balcony time - both were very well behaved. Here is better news (for me at least) Remembering what I had told the supervisore about my payment arrangement, I remembered something else. The rep that set the arrangement said if I could not pay by the 15th call back for further assistance. I called them back armed with that insisting they pull the call. The rep I spoke with offered a workable alternative. If I pay by check (either with a rep over the phone or a payment center) it won't come out of my account for 2-3 business days. Nobody else offered that up, and I was pleased that this guy was thinking outside the box. There is hope after all (I hope)
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, balmy evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Tracy, I am so very thrilled about the news on your little Tang's ear. I know how much seeing this improvement means to you. And I am so very glad that you were able to have another option for paying your utilities - - and I do so hope and pray this works out for you. And I hope this is the beginning of even better news for you - - that you will be getting a referral for an interview for a good job.

I hope your little "circus man" behaved himself with balcony time today. I have the big basement door open and gated off so that Noah and I can hear the news of the woodland critters. It is nice to be able to have the door open again.

Tracy, I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm hoping that saying about it being darkest before the dawn turns out to be true, because I have been in a very dark place indeed. Smiling at Noah's "gated" community where he can catch up on all the gossip and news. It was nice to be offered another payment option, and having worked in banking, I'm surprised it didn't occur to me earlier. So I will either speak with a rep by phone or take it to a payment location Thursday. Nothing new on the job front, but I applied to about 6 or 7 on CareerBuilder.com today. Theresa and Tang are doing well, albeit lazy today. But that's OK. I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.