Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. Yeah - - those nails have a tendency to make "contact" in an unfriendly way. Just checking - - do you know how to trim his nails? I always know when it's time to trim Noah's nails - - when they have a tendency to pierce the skin.

Very soon you will be home with your fur tribe, and I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Yeah, I've been clipping cat claws all my life. I just have not gotten around to it with Tang; Theresa is hard enough to do. And Tom was front declawed (he was already that way when I got him) On the plus side, NO chicken went to waist as it sometimes does when it's just me wink.gif

I am home with the kids now, none too soon. It's not exactly raining out - more like fog and mist or 100% humidity. Good thing it's only 61. Not so sure about balcony time tonight. All I kept thinking today is what perfect rainy day sleeping weather it was, and how I'd have rather been home with the kids (sigh)
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. Oh how well I know what you mean about the druthers of rather being home with your precious furkids. I am happiest when I am home with my little Noah.

So glad you and little Tang enjoyed the chicken last night. Yeah, clipping nails can certainly be more an activity in self-defense than clipping nails, can't it? There's a scratching ramp that is made of emery board material that is supposed to naturally trim kitty nails - - hence eliminating the need for nail clipping. I haven't gotten one so I don't know if it actually works. But that might be something to look into as an option - - maybe? I don't know how expensive it is, but I thought I would mention it just in case you weren't aware of this product. It might something you could check out online, if you want to.

I hope your precious furkids were able to get some balcony time tonight - - if the weather permitted - - and if you felt that it was safe for them. I'm so glad you're home with your precious furkids, and I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are enjoying a very peaceful and blissful evening together. I hope tomorrow will be a decent day for you in the salt mines, and the good news is that tomorrow is F R I D A Y!!! Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I think we will just about finish up that chicken tonight, and Tang has not grown tired of it wink.gif Well, it's Friday with Caturday around the corner. OC this Sunday but not next week. No draft either so that will be a nice weekend. Happy to report no fights tonight, but I watched amused as they took turns chasing each other. It's nice to see them play without fighting. Skies are gray but the rain has subsided and the balcony is dry with 67 out. Looks like they will get some chill time out there tonight. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I can just hear your precious furkids, "YIPPEEEE!!! Daddy's home - - and it's F R I D A Y!!!! YEA!!!!" I hope the weather is permitting them some quality balcony time this evening, and I hope you are feeling up to having them outside. I hope your neck and arm are feeling better this weekend. And that your gout meds are helping in that area as well.

The moon is shining bright into the basement living quarters - - it quite a lovely sight. Noah and I always enjoy the beauty of the full moons.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your Caturday will be a very pleasant one. Please know you and your furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's too cloudy here to see the full moon, but dry and cool. Balcony time would seem assured. The hand has been better for some time, it's good to be back on the alopurinol again. The neck and shoulder are feeling the best they have all week. I will continue the 10 supply of meds until they are gone to be on the safe side. Tang is practicing his (no doubt Tom taught) "flying barrel rolls" on the floor. Going to try to have peaceful realxing Friday night....
Tom's Dad
Aaaand he did it again! Good thing my neck and shoulder is feeling better since they put patio furniture out there now. This time I didn't even think about it - it was like one fluid motion. Grabbed him a little harder than he would have liked from his yelp. What I would not give for a bit of transparent alluminum - but I'm about 150 years too early for that (sigh) that boy will be the death of me blink.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to know that you and little Tang are back on solid ground. Perhaps his "flying barrel rolls" are his "warm ups" for his "Amazing Tang" act? I hope this was the last of the excitement for last night, and that the rest of the weekend will be focused on less physical activity. I know you had no intention of inflicting physical discomfort on your little "circus boy". When you are in a "rescue" situation you got to do what you got to do, and it isn't always pleasant for the one who is being rescued - - but they are ever so thankful for whatever it takes to be out of harm's way - - been there, done that. I am hoping that this last "rescue mission" will loom large in little Tang's memory and that he will be less inclined to put both himself - - and his daddy - - in harm's way.

I hope life is treating you and your fur tribe kindly this Caturday. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessigns,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Perhaps the barrel rolls are indeed the warm up. I'd been having the thought that maybe he'd made many "crossings" without my knowledge. But when I rescued him this time there was panic in his eyes. As if he was saying "I got over here, but I don't know how to get back dad!" Obviously, I'll have to keep an even keener eye on him from now on. Especially with some decent evening weather coming our way. Caturday was relaxed. I woke up about an hour ahead of the alarm, so got errands done early with more time to spend napping with the kittles. Hoping the mild weather holds for tomorrow for no calls to work. Next weekend not on call at all.

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. So glad to know that your Caterday has been a pleasant one, and am hoping that you will be spared any "on call" assignment tomorrow.

It's always a treat logging in and getting caught up with how things are going for you and your precious furkids. I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know you and your tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Just stopping by to say hello and to see how you and furbabies are doing...Oh No! The circus boy was at it again. I'm glad you retrieved him okay and didn't get hurt. I think Tang was saying, " Dad, I just wanted to see their new patio furniture.".. rolleyes.gif ........
I'm glad your Caturday was a pleasant one, and hope you and furbabies got some balcony time. Weather is pleasant and I saw the full moon last night.

Tracy, I hope you get no calls today and that your work week will be a pleasant one. You, precious Tang and sweet Theresa are always in my thoughts and prayers.....

God Bless,

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

Yes, he could indeed have admired the patio furniture. "How come we don't have this kind of stuff, dad?" Today has been fairly peaceful. There was supposed to be rain by now, but none so far. I'm hoping it stays that way. Or at least nothing more than the mild gentle rain we got last night. I can't beleive the weekend is almost over (sigh) Back to the pits tomorrow, but I suppose that beats the alternative, Both Tang and Theresa are resting comfortably hoping for a peacful, uneventful night.

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a pleasure logging in to get caught up on how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. So, perhaps little Tang plays the "goldilocks" roll checking out the neighbor's patio furniture?? Perhaps the terror you saw in his eyes were "Help, dad - - everything over here is too hard - - I want to come home!!!"

One morning last week Noah was keeping watch on the upstairs deck outside the dining room, and when I left for work I peeked out the deck door to see what was so interesting and saw a kitty huddled underneath one of the deck chairs. The only way this kitty made it to the deck was to literally climb one of the support posts - - there are no steps up to the deck. This isn't the first time I've seen a "visitor" on the deck - - so they must really want on the deck to go through those "olympic" athletics to get to it.

I hope you and your precious fur family have a very peaceful and blissful evening, Tracy, and that your day back in the pit will be a decent one. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Yes, like a child who spies a playground with monkey bars, and slide, etc. Lots of fun! "But, there is nobody to play with. Wait, that's back home! Daaaaadddy I wanna come home!" I live in an urban area, so all we ever get on the deck is squirels, which Theresa freaks over. We have this one older one that loves to tease her through the glass. As Tom was my cat/dog, Tang is my cat/bird. Not only can he apparently 'fly', when he meows, it sounds like a hawk or falcon. Thunderstorm warning has expired and my cell phone is quiet; let's hope it stays that way.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing your precious Theresa and little Tang with us, and for sharing with us how you and your furkids are doing. I know your precious furkids give you much company and genuine love, and they in turn have won your heart completely. Your daily journals are always so special to read.

I know what you mean about your little Tang's vocal imitations. Noah sometimes reminds me of a baby lion when he gets really provoked - - like when I'm not getting his breakfast or dinner soon enough. He hasn't quite perfected the full grown mature lion roar - - but I think he keeps practicing.

I'm laughing at your descrption of little Tang - - cat/bird. My Eli could "fly" as well - - it was amazing what that little feline body could do. I'm so very glad your little Tang has you to "rescue" him from his "flighty" adventures!!!

I hope you were spared any "on call" last night, and that today is being kind to you in the pit. It's just about 4 hours or so and then you'll be home with your furkids, and the best part of the day will begin. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I'm glad that you and LoveMyMickey visit for updates regularly. Some folks may wonder why I do this. That it seems trivial with all the grief and sadness here. But, to be honest, the reason I have kept this thread going, and post to it everyday is that some days it's the only thing that keeps me focused enough on the "good" enough to not just break down and cry each and every day over Sir Thomas. Showering attention on Tang and Theresa (I need to give Theresa a little more, frankly) gives me something positive to focus on. And writing here about it and their (mis)adventures just reinforces that. Some days, it really is the only good thing that happens to me. Work was not bad as Mondays go, even dare I say a bit slow. Apparently we are going into training for billing soon that none of us are ready for. I figure they know that and those they like will get extra "coaching" and those of us they don't it will be an excuse to let us go. C'est la vis.

It's nice weather tonight, so hopefully some balcony time with no aeriel acts. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and how your day at the pit went today. It's always a highlight of my day logging in and getting caught up with how you and your fur family are doing.

I hope all goes well with your training at work, Tracy. I am not a "tech wizard" by any stretch of the imagination but there are some "simple" things I can figure out - - so I am frequently asked by the staff at work how to access this and that on the computers at work. Is any of this recognized by my supervisor and during my annual evaluations? If you said "no" then you would be right. Perhaps this training will be a way for you to "shine your light" and finally be recognized. I hope so, Tracy. It would be so o o oo nice for something good to happen for you at work.

I am certain that your precious Theresa knows she is "daddy's little girl", but I do understand your feelings about showering more affection on her. My Noah took on the role of "caregiver" for his big kitty brother Eli and baby sister Abbygayle, and never really permitted much "spoil time" with me, although I tried. He much preferred the company of Eli and Abbygayle, and understandably so. Now that he is my "only child" he is letting me shower him more with affection and attention, which helps me to stay focused on what is really important in my life instead of the meaninglessness of the "office politics." So, cuddle with your baby girl as often as you can, my frieind. I know she will enjoy every moment, as will your little Tang.

I hope this evening is being kind to you and your furkids, and add my hope that you will not have any "rescue missions" to undertake with your little Tang. I hope your day tomorrow in the pit will be a decent one for you. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Hi Tracy, I don't often post in your thread, but I stop by regularly to hear what your gang is up to - I always enjoy it, so thankyou! A world with just animals and no messy human minds sounds extremely agreeable to me...hope the grind at work backs off a bit for you, give Tang and Theresa a catnip sock and a pat for me! Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just stopping by to say "hello" and hoping that your day in the pit has been decent for you. Soon you will be exiting the "holding area" of your employer and heading home to your precious furkids who are anxiously awaiting for your arrival. All will be right with the world again - - for you and your furkids.

I"m chuckling at your "Q" reference. One of my favorite movies is the original musical movie "Dr. Doolittle" with Rex Harrison, and this comes clearly to mind as I read your and leejaye's posts.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Whenever I think of your "rescue missions" I hear the music to the original TV series "Mission Impossible" playing in my mind. I hope little Tang restrains himself from performing his "Amazing Tang" acts this evening if he has balcony time. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I hope work treated you well today....I'm glad you keep your thread going and what you share with us is very important. We are all here to help each other. I am a person of a few words, as they say, but I always read what you share with us.

I know it's hard not to think of Sir Thomas. I think of Mickey every day. I get tears in my eyes every day. Today I went to the dentist, had a lot of drilling done. I thought surely I would not think of Mickey while at the dentist. WRONG! They were playing music in the background and one song was "In The Arms Of The Angel". I got tears, but the hygenist was behind me fixing something so she didn't see it. I sure didn't want to explain about Mickey, because I would have lost it completely.

You take care, Tracy, and give little Theresa and Tang a big ole hug for me....You all are always in my thoughts and prayers....God Bless...

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

Tom's Dad
Thank you all so much that come to my thread and read and comment. I felt so bad about the negativity of my last post that I deleted it. Not soon enough apparently though unsure.gif I didn't want to manifest any more bad karma, and I felt it just didn't belong here. Plus I didn't want another fiasco like I experienced at petloss.com. That being said, I will share last night's misadventure. It was around 10ish and balcony time while I watched Supernatural on DVD. I noticed some ado at the sliding doors. Tang inside, Theresa just outside. Both appeared to be stalking something. I looked to see but could not spy what they were hunting until I looked at the screen door. At first I thought it a wasp (I don't know if I'm alergic to them or bees and don't want to find out.) When it "flew" on my leg, I screamed like a girl. Until I realzed it had actually jumped. The wasp was actually a tiny grasshopper. Since killing crickets is supposed to be bad luck, and I figure grasshoppers are kin, I didn't want the kids to hurt it. Theresa, my mighty huntress especially. So, I grabbed a magazine to shoo it out the door only to have chaos ensue as it jumped everywhere but, with my mighty Bwana beasts chasing the poor thing too. I finally "convinced" it to go onto the deck. By this time both of the kids were looking at me as if I'd lost my mind and had lost interest in going back out. At least there were no command performances by the Amazing Flying Tang. The weather appears to be as if it will allow outside time tonight as well. Thank you all again my LS friends.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so good to log in before calling it a night and shutting down this techno gizmo to see how your day has been and what is new with your precious furkids. I am totally laughing WITH YOU about your up close and personal encounter with the grasshopper. Noah and I are now hearing the crickets in the evening, and eventually one or more will make their way into the house through the cracks. My Eli loved playing with them to make them jump, but eventually they wouldn't jump anymore, because - - well, they eventually went to the great cricket heaven. Noah will paw at them but he's not as "physical" with them as Eli was. If I see them first I generally try to rescue them by escorting them back outside.

I hope you and your precious furkids are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and if possible, that your precious Theresa and little Tang are enjoying some balcony time. I hope tomorrow is a decent day for you in the salt mines. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Work was fairly slow, even with 2 of my neighbors off in training of some sort that I'm not privy to or included in. I also spied the hatchet man from Today's lurking about. I'm trying not to think about it. Tang's ear was a little dirtier than usual, but after the cleaning looked about the same inside as it has been. No fights (so far) 80% chance of rain tonight, so balcony time is unsure at best; the breeze feels good though. Three days down and two to go to Caturday with NO on-call this weekend. I didn't make it in time to snag any tertiary for the week after again. But with 45 people with less points than me, I think I'm finally safe. At least I'm home now with the kittles, the best time of any weekday to be sure. I'll post of any misadventures as they happen...

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so good logging in before "shutting down" for the night to see how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I know you and your precious furkids are enjoying each other's company immensely. So glad you have a weekend with no on-call.

I hope tomorrow will be a decent day for you at work, my friend. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Hi Tracy, Thanks for the grasshopper story, I just had a giggle at it again! Hope you have a great evening with the kids, Leejaye
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I, too, thank you for sharing your grasshopper story, made me laugh too......We have something here like a grasshopper that gets in the basement, called a "cave cricket" or "camel cricket". It's the color of a grasshopper and kind of shaped like a cricket. We had a whole lot of them when we moved here, but rarely see any now. We kept them sprayed.

Tracy, I hope you are having a good day and I hope Theresa and Tang are doing well. Might be too cool for balcony time tonight, supposed to get in the 40s here.....Take care....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. The good news is that you are now home with your precious furkids and just have one more day in the salt mines, and then it will be a wonderful weekend home with your fur tribe.

Hope the "growth" is not getting any bigger, and still hoping that it will resolve on its own. Does your little Tang still stalk Theresa after his ear cleaning - - or has he decided that ritual is now "old news"?

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know you and your furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam, Leejaye, and LoveMyMickey

Tang is a little skittish tonight - both during the ear cleaning and running the vacuum. Neither of which he cares for of course. But tonight it seems hightened. No fights after the cleaning tonight, I'm not sure of what I'm really seeing in his ear, so I am taking him to the vet on Saturday to be on the safe side. I think I'm going to start doing that about once a month regardless (assuming I stay employed) Both are resting comfortably with lows 60s and clear skies out. We will see if they want to be outside at all tonight. Theresa hates the cold but loves the heat. Which is weird considering she looks like a little arctic fox. TTFN

TTT
leejaye
Hi Tracy, Good to hear the kittles are going ok - I have never met a cat who is a fan of the vacuum cleaner! Hope Tang's ear checks out ok, give them their favourite pats for me, hope work is ok (well, as ok as it can be), leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's F R I D A Y - - and soon you will be home with your precious Theresa and little Tang - - and they will be so oo o o glad to have daddy home.

I hope your day in the salt mines was decent, and that you and your furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. I hope all goes well with Tang's check up tomorrow, and I will look forward to sharing your news about what Tang's doctor says. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks Leejaye, moon_beam

Work this week was not too busy. Even Monday was not as bad as a usual one. But, I'm still glad it's OVER. Even more glad I'm not on call for the next 2 weekends. I knew earning all those points would pay off eventually. I am home with the kids and a day away from CATURDAY! They are both glad to see me and even playing halfway nice. By that I mean they really ARE playing and not fighting smile.gif Hoping that I will get a decent report from the vet on Tang tomorrow. I'm going to bring him in as regularly as I can since I can have as many "free" office visits as I want on his and Theresa's wellness plans. I just don't want to go down the same slippery slope I did with Tom sad.gif They like to see him anyway since he came from there and is an adoption "success" story. Looking forward to a restful uneventful weekend. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, happy CATURDAY to you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang. You and Tang may be at the doctor's office at the moment, and Theresa may be pacing the floor listening intently to every sound in the hallway in anticipation to the familiar sound of the key unlocking the door and seeing her daddy and brother safely home. You must remember she also remembers her brother Sir Thomas' medical challenges, and what she knows of her pesky brother Tang's medical challenges will also have an effect on her. So, you may need to give her a lot of comforting reassurance that Tang is going to be okay for as long as you can make that happen. - - And that SHE will be okay, too.

So glad to know that you have the next TWO weekends free and clear of no "on call." HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! ENJOY, my friend!!! You have so o o o earned this time with your precious furkids.

I hope and pray that Tang is receiving an excellent report from his doctor, which I know will help to bring some peace and comfort to your heart and mind - - and great news to share with Theresa when you get home. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, Theresa was pacing around after I put Tang in the carrier and sniffing the spot on the floor where it usually sits when not in use. But all was well. Vet said there is a little more mass than before but surgery would be too invasive at this stage. So, I'm to keep cleaning and applying drops about every other day. I picked up a sigle dose of Revolution for flea prevention after the worms issue Theresa had. An ounce of prevention and all that. Well, time to put up groceries and let kids enjoy some day light balcony time with temps in mid 60s with a slight breeze. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank so much for sharing the good news about Tang's check up for his ear. I am sorry that the mass seems to be growing, but am very glad he does not need surgery at this time. That little fellow has been through a lot in his short life, and now he has you - - his Forever Dad - - to love him and comfort him. He is so blessed.

I hope your little furkids are being able to enjoy some balcony time. It is very cloudy and chilly here today. I have turned on one of the space heaters for Noah and me.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my frieind. Please know you and your furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's disappointing that his ear isn't getting better, but at least is not getting appreciably worse either. I will do what ever I can to make him well and comfortable. I just hope the vet isn't holding something back in order to give me hope or something. But aside from his ear, he seems to have a rather robust over all health. Focusing on going to get him when I was done at Kroger made me do a very bone headed thing though. As I was taking the groceries and distributing them into my cloth shopping bags to walk down to the vet, I put my RX cholesterol medicine and the latest ST novel I was reading to one side of the cart. For the first time ever, I forgot to put them in one of the bags. I didn't discover this until I got home. I called my cab driver friend back who only charged me minimally for the trip to come get me to go back. When I got there the little bag with the RX was still in the cart by the doors but the book was gone sad.gif I still had about 100 pages to go. I scoured online reviews until I got a basic gist of how it ended, but I would have liked the opportunity to read it for myself (sigh) Why do people take things that clearly don't belong to them? Oh well, the medicine was still there. And it's not like I had forgotten Tang. Only a high of 75 and I keep it 76 in the apartment, so balcony time seems assured. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, oh I am so o o oo o glad your medication was still at the pharmacy when you got back. This goes to show that you had a lot on your mind today. I have done similar things. I am so o oo glad this worked out for you. You can always get another book, or go to the library to get the book, or do what you did - - go online to get a synopsis of it. Clearly your medications are more important.

Tracy, I'm still hoping that the growth in little Tang's ear will somehow begin to resolve by itself. The good news is that you have a vet you know you can trust, and that's so very important. There's a difference between withholding information and presenting the truth in a compassionate way. I believe your little Tang's doctor is doing the latter. The good news is that his overall health is excellent. Just keep doing what you're doing and what the doctor recommends. That's all you can do, my friend. Your little Tang knows that you love him with all your heart and will do whatever is in your power to keep him happy and healthy. And know that we are here for you to encourage you and support you in every way we can.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that your precious furkids are enjoying some balcony time. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yeah, I could always look into the library, but like most of the other reviewers, I didn't care for they way the writer handled the Ben Sisko character anyway. I've just moved on to the next one and have 3 more on the way thanks to the latest gift card. The important thing is Tang and that my medicine was still there (that would have been one less refill w/o having to consult my Dr.) It's a very nice night out 70 degrees and a cool breeze, but neither seems interested in going out. Oh well, I just shut the screen door and am letting the night air in. Letting my AC rest for a change. TTFN

TTT
JoanneL
Wanted to stop by to see how you and the kitties are doing. I don't write much on other threads anymore but agree with you that coming here can make the loss much easier.

I must have missed a post and can't find what you wrote about a growth in Tang's ear. What is going on with that?
Hope he is OK. I can relate to the stories about the fights because Zack can tear into the puppy when is he feeling very jealous. Getting better but I wish they could just get along like he did with his sister.

Please let us know how Tang is doing.
Tom's Dad
Thank you JoanneL

When I got Tang he'd had a tumor removed from his left ear. The new growth is nowhere near as bad and not requiring surgery at this time. Just a little worried about it is all. Yes, the fights are frustrating, but that's how it is with "siblings" Thanks for stopping by.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Just stopping by to say hello and to see how things are going with you and furbabies.....I am so glad you found your medicine, but sorry about the book.......I hope Tang's ear will start to improve without any surgery in the future.

Good temps right now for balcony time if it doesn't rain. Tracy, I hope the work week treats you well. Give Little Theresa and Tang a pat for me and have a good evening....God Bless..

TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

Yeah it was a bummer about the book, but I've started the next one in my gift card cache and it's a much better read; honest to goodness mystery so far (7 years after Undiscovered Country) I'm hoping that keeping up the cleanings and drops will yield results over time. He hates it, but endures it like a trooper. Thats my little Sgt. Tang wink.gif Yes, good temps. I've had the bedroom window and sliding doors open most of the day letting in some fresh air. Good balcony weather if they want to go out; they didn't last night. Thanks for stopping by. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, here is it Monday, and I am home now with my precious Noah. I hope today is being kind to you at the pit. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are anxiously awaiting for the sound of the key in the door letting them know that daddy's home. What a joyous time that will be - - for each and all of you.

I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam. How did you rate the day off?

Work today was again slow for a Monday (even more than last week) Steady, but not slammed in queue as usual. Almost had another fight after Tang's ear cleaning again. I think I may have used too much solution which didn't do much for his already dour disposition about it. Not as bad as last night's almost was; for a different reason. I have been trying to make sure Theresa gets extra pets and to know I have not forgotten her. To this end, I found her semi hiding by the wall in the living room. I reached down to pet on here, and she stretched her back paws out thereby digging those claws deep onto my bare foot. I YELPED in pain, and Tang was over there like a shot, presuming she was hurting me I guess. I had to immediately yell for TIME OUT! It was my own fault, not Theresa's. It's nice to know he has my back, but I didn't want Theresa thinking she'd done anything wrong. It's another nice night out, but it's been raining off and on most of the day. We will see if they want outside at all later. One day down, four to go (sigh) TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Sgt. Tang to the rescue, so cute. I hope his little ear improves.......Sounds like your work Mon. wasn't too bad and I hope the rest of the week treats you well also.

Give the furbabies a pat for me and have a good evening with them. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers...

TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

Tang's ear is looking better tonight, but he still hates the cleanings. But he soldiers on. Last night neither seemed much interested in outside time. They laid just inches apart on the living room floor - it was precious, I'd wished I had a camera rolleyes.gif

To the regulars and people who just like to read up on my fur tribe and just comment here and there: You are all appreciated as is this wonderful site. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just being able to get caught up on how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. It's been a long day here. Noah and I will be snuggling down in a little bit. The interent here has been playing "musical chairs" this evening, so I hope this will post okay.

So glad your little Tang's ear is looking good, holding its own. Perhaps your furkids will have some quality balcony time if the weather is permissible, and daddy is up to the supervision. I know your precious fur tribe is happy that it's evening and daddy's home.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow in the pit will be a decent one. Please know you and your furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
ChrisL
Hi Tracy,

I don't think I've commented on your thread, but I wanted to let you know I've been reading the adventures of TTT every time I check in here at LS. It brings me a smile, especially the many things about Tang that remind me of Dzambala.

Thanks for sharing a little bit of all of your lives, and here's to the best for Tang getting past his ear troubles.

Peace,
Chris
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Dad is up to supervising, not so much for rescuing the Amazing Flying Tang. Once he got too close the ledge facing the other balcony, it was pretty much everybody out of the pool.

Chris, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. I'm glad my stories of Tang (and Theresa) help you have positive thoughts and memories of your precious Dzambala. From the pics you posted they really do look very much alike.

Peace and blessings to all my LS friends smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I'm chuckling about your "Amazing Flying Tang" - - and "everybody out of the pool." He really knows how to push daddy's buttons, doesn't he? Theresa is probably rolling her eyes and thinking "when is he ever going to GROW UP???!!!"

I hope your day in the pit is being decent to you today. It's Wednesday, just two more days to go and then Friday evening will come and you'll have another entire weekend home with your precious furkids. But for now, your precious Theresa and little Tang are anxiously anticipating the sound of daddy's footsteps in the hallway and the turn of the key in the lock -- and then everything will be right with the world again -- FOR EVERYONE. YEA!!!!

I hope you and your precious furkids have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Grow up is right. He does that with no regard to his or my safety and well being. Another fight with Theresa again tonight; he just plain bullies her more and more. And he gets highly incensed if I pay her ANY attention and that also sometimes leads to his picking a fight. I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake in adopting him in the first place......I would not give him up for the world, but still wonder if I did the right thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.