Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, hot and humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Chuckling at him "helping" with the chores. Sounds like he has about as much love for the shredder as Theresa and Tang have for the vacuum. Or the Big Red Kitty Eater as they probably call it. As soon as I'm done and say "All done and nobody got hurt" Tang comes running much like your Noah. Glad to hear he is well and getting plenty of sunbeams. Hope you both are enjoying your programming too.

I'm looking into alternatives for the meds as 20.00 per week is just too steep for lousy insurance. And I have no idea how long I'd have to keep it (sigh) Cherry extract seems to be coming up a lot for the Allopurinol alternative. Apples and bananas too. I already drink a lot of apple juice. So, we'll see.

Another fairly slow one in the pit again. Does seem to be a trend. But it's another day over and ready to pack up and head home to the fur kidlets. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN.

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy......A hot summer evening greetings to you, Tang, and Theresa.

I know how you feel about the little strays,, but all we can do is give them a little food and then we know we helped a little...Not as many cats come around like they used to. Maybe the TNR program has helped, but it makes one wonder where they release them (maybe in the next county). unsure.gif .......We have a yellow tabby that comes around often and the other day he looked so skinny and I thought oh no, please don't be sick and die. But he has been eating and we saw him under the car this evening but I think he left. I put out a special can of cat food for him in case he comes back.

The other night I looked out the door window before I went to bed and saw 4 raccoons eating. I felt like we were being invaded. After they ate everything, one small one got in the big container of water with all four feet looking for more. They finally left.

I'm so glad little Tang's ear is doing better. I always say a prayer for all of you, for things to go well.....Until later...Have a blessed evening......

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Good morning LoveMyMickey.

Yeah, you're right all I can do is feed them and hope for the best. Still, it's very sad. I hope the little Tabby is able to put on some weight from the extra food you left out and gets better. Chuckling at the ravenous raccoons. They sure are nature's little scavengers. Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes for Tang. Hope you have a wonderful day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope the alternatives will help you until you are able to have a visit with your doctor and get your prescriptions renewed. You must remember that the benefits of the meds you have in your system will eventually wear off, so you don't want to go too long without them, as your precious Theresa and little Tang are counting on you for their care. Perhaps come October or so you will be able to qualify for insurance assistance with the new Affordable Care Act. Please let us know how things go for you, my friend.

Another severe storm came through the region yesterday evening causing power outages in the city and other areas west of us. The storm rumbled overhead here as well and at one point there was a bright flash of lightning and loud crack - - thought for sure something has been struck as the power flickered - - but remained on. It's the same set up this afternoon and a few minutes ago thunder was rumbling overhead. It's turning cloudy as well - - so we'll see what happens. It seems like the storms we get now begin on the "severe" side and grow from there if the conditions are right.

Noah went upstairs after lunch but when he heard the familiar music of the Nature program on PBS playing he hustled back downstairs and settled down with me to watch a series on Alaska wilidlife. He is sooooo cute. This evening PBS begins its 3-part series on Noah's big cousins. Before lunch I worked a bit more on the shred box - - got about another 1/4 of the contents done. Also finally washed the heavy comforter that I took off the bed earlier this spring - - now the laundry basket is finally empty - - which won't last long.

Today is almost done - - just two more days to get through this week. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, hot and humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

We had a pretty nasty T-storm roll through here this afternoon, but it didn't cool things off any. Just made it muggier. Just now posting because I got stuck on a call past 5:30 (sigh) Oh well, 15 minutes of OT. I hear you on the meds. I plan to take the Coreg once a day rather than twice and the Allopurinol every other day and supplament with the herbals. I figure this will stretch it out to close to 60 days. I just know I can't afford 20.00 per week on insurance that if memory serves denied most of my office visit claims anyway mad.gif Neither issue is life threatening, and I plan to be around a good long while for Theresa and Tang.

Chuckling at Noah high tailing it to watch the nature shows laugh.gif I'm sure he will enjoy the big cats documentary too. Although I imagine he didn't care for the shredder.

Home now and kitties taken care of. Both lounging close by on the floor as I post. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot humid muggy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

At least you will get some overtime for having to take a late call yesterday - - and hopefully it will be of some help for you.

This has been a mixed bag day - - discovered that my magicjack will not ring in but rather now sends all incoming calls to voice mail. This is a new development since the storm we had a couple of evenings ago - - so I think the magicjack unit is in need of replacing. I tried a different phone on the line - - sadly, no difference - - so I am assuming the problem is with the magicjack unit and not with the cordless phone. I can make outgoing calls without any problem. Oh well - - so I am using my cell phone for all calls until I can get this sorted out.

Did get a message from the optical department informing me that my glasses have not yet been received from the contractor. So I bit the bullet and did a few quick errands that I have been putting aside hoping I could include a stop at the optical department to pick up my glasses along with the other errands.

Made some calls this morning to try to find a contractor to come look at the foundation of the house and advise me what needs to be done to improve the protection of the foundation from the effects of heavy rains. A contractor came a few minutes ago and we basically agreed that rock would be a better guard than mulch close to the house. So he has taken some measurements, will check on prices, and will call me next week with an estimate. He told me that the driveway is just fine as it is - - that it has no bearing on how the ground has settled around the foundation of the house - - this is good news. Another contractor is coming tomorrow for the same thing - - so that I can have at least two estimates to consider.

My poor little Noah has been confused and frustrated with all the "stuff" going on today - - so I'm looking forward to having a quiet evening with him. The good news is that the house is still standing and we're both healthy - - everything else will eventually sort itself out.

Today will soon be over for you - - hopefully on time today. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm, and possibly rainy (if the rumblings I'm hearing are any indication) Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

So sorry to hear about your MJ. Do you have any kind of warranty on it? I hope you can get it fixed. I also hope you can get your glasses soon; they sure have kept you waiting a long time. Do they say why the delay? I hope you can get an estimate you can work with in regard to the foundation repairs. Sorry to hear all the activity agitated poor Noah, bless his heart.

Today was another fairly slow day that ended on time thank goodness. Looking out the window I see it's not raining, but the expressway that the 1st bus takes is crawling (sigh) Days like this it's a good thing my 2nd bus comes 10 minutes later I guess. Theresa and Tang are both doing quite well. Tang's ear is still good, but he's been sneezing here and there the past 2 nights. Anything respiratory makes me nervous with him being heartworm positive unsure.gif I hope it's just the heat and pollen in the air. Getting ready to pack up and begin my trek home to them. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your precious little boy is doing okay - - I so do understand your concern for him when he sneezes or scratches at his ear or acts lethargic - - etc. I know how helpless you feel as a loving dad - - and the good news is that your love for him is SOOO GREAT that whatever you do for him you want to do the VERY BEST. He is so blessed to have you for his Forever Dad, and Theresa for his Forever Sister.

Hot breaking news - - I got my glasses late this afternoon. YEA!!! I can read now!!! YEA!!! The CSR at the optical department was also very glad.

Early this morning another contractor came to give me an estimate for the foundation - - and the "rough estimate" he gave me was more in line with the work that I read on the internet for helping to improve the drainage around the foundation. He will write up a formal proposal and send it to me. I can then compare the costs between the two contractors. The contractor who came today is an older man, and very well versed in jobs like this. He was concerned that I thought he was trying to "pull a fast one" over me - - but I assured him that what he was telling me was very much in line with research that I have been doing on the internet. He smiled.

While we were walking around the house the contractor looked up and noticed that there is some debris collecting on the gutter guards I had installed 3 years ago - - which explains why the rain coming through the downspouts is slowly tapering down to a trickle. So I called the company who installed the gutter guards and a crew will be here next Friday afternoon to check the gutter guards and gutters and clean off any debris that has collected - - at no cost to me. The gutter guards are under a lifetime warranty for me as the original purchaser.

Unfortunately the MJ adapter is out of warranty - -wouldn't you know it -- but that's okay because I ordered the "new and improved" adapter this morning - - which should arrive sometime next week. For now I am using my cell phone - - life is chugging along.

Between the contractor this morning and then having to make a quick run to the optical department to get my glasses, my precious little Noah was both times anxiously awaiting for me to get back inside. He is now curled up next to me very content taking a nap before dinner.

We may be "under the gun" this evening for severe thunderstorms. It's getting cloudy outside and the radar is looking very colorful.

Soon you will be heading homeward to your precious companions. I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sorry to hear about you MJ and hope the new one works well for you. Good to hear you finally got your glasses, I know how lost I am without mine. Sounds like this second contractor was honest and straight forward, I hope which ever one you choose it works out well for you. Poor Noah having to be anxious about his mom twice in one day. But you both are together now, and that's what's important.

Thanks for the well wishes for Tang. He only sneezed once last night. And he has not scratched his ear once since the surgery that I have seen. I'm sure Theresa will tell me if she sees it wink.gif The vet's office left a VM today about a follow up. Not sure when I'll be able to swing that on the cab fare, etc. The cab company has already caused me to be overdrawn due to waiting 10 days to batch out the debit card paid fares. It was pending then gone, then suddenly under paid. That caused my Netflix to OD my account mad.gif I'll pay cash next time (when I can afford it that is) I'll try to call Sunday when Dr. Mills is supposed to be working and confer over the phone as best I can. Like you say, I can only do what I can do. But, he seems to be doing well.

Coming up on the end of another week. The above mentioned financial SNAFU is going to make for the most bare bones grocery trip this weekend (sigh) LG&E is already ACH pending and the TWC has to go in the 22nd. I'm reasonably sure both will post before next Friday. A few more minutes until I escape to freedom and the company of my precious fur tribe. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Happy Cat-urday to you, Tom's Dad, and your little ones! I know it's a big relief for you that Tang's ear is so much better and that he hasn't been scratching. I hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend with your fur kids! We are trying to stay cool in this heat wave.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang on this Caturday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope your errands went well today so that you could get home to your precious fur tribe to enjoy the most of today together. Perhaps some balcony time for your precious little girl and boy.

This morning was another early rising - - decided to mow the back yard which took an hour. Started around 7:45 a.m. and was back inside almost exactly an hour later. My precious Noah kept me faithful company while I took my shower. Have been keeping low key for most of the rest of the day. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make. My precious Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the west windows. It's nice not having any contractors coming to the house today - - just my Noah and me.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sounds like you got much accomplished today. Glad to hear you and Noah could have some quiet time.

Today was not so good for me. I fell asleep watching TV on the couch last night to be awakened at 5:30 by my watch alarm. That, and an overwhelming need to run to the bathroom and throw up. I laid in the bed moaning until about 1. I wasn't going to go out at all but for having forgot to change my 5 dollar bill into quarters for laundry yesterday. So, feeling feverish (I still do, BTW) I got up and went down to the shopping center to get quarters from the laundry mat change machine. I then picked up a few things at Dollar Tree and caught the bus home. Sill not feeling well. Something obviously got hold of me.

Just barely got done taking care of the kittles. Going to take a nice hot shower and lay down now. Sorry for being brief. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that you have an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well - - hopefully much better than yesterday - - and in good spirits.

I am so very sorry that you were not feeling well yesterday, my friend. I konw what it's like to have to go out to do errands when not feeling well. I'm glad you made it through your errands and were able to get back home to be with your precious little girl and boy. Even when we don't feel well - - in fact down right lousy - - somehow our precious companions always manage to help make things not feel quite so bad.

Today is being a very low key day here - - as Sundays are normally programmed to be. My precious Noah woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a furball tummy episode, so I gave him an extra dose of Laxatone today. He has had his lunch and is snuggled next to me taking his nap as I'm writing to you. We had a very mild thunder shower pass overhead about an hour ago. I hope the forthcoming storms forecasted for this area will be as timid.

Once again my friend, I hope you are feeling much better today. Be sure to get plenty of rest and to drink liquids so that you do not become dehydrated. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It sounds like you have a nasty stomach bug. Ugh! I hate those. I hope you're feeling better today and that your fur kids are giving you lots of lovin'. Yesterday was Mindy's 2nd birthday, but she acted like she didn't know what the fuss was all about. Maybe it's because I'm just "guessing" as I don't know her exact birthday, and she won't tell me! laugh.gif
I trimmed the girls' nails yesterday and it went fine with Mindy as I was reaaaal careful with her extra toes this time. But Shelley was a different matter. When I got to the last nail she panicked and screamed like a banshee as I carefully clipped the nail. I didn't hurt her and I didn't cut the quick, but I guess for her just the thought that she could be hurt was too much. She scared me half to death with her scream and Mindy was startled too and started chasing after Shelley. Now both girls are hiding under the bed because of a thunderstorm. Don't know what's up with that as Mindy didn't used to be scared of storms. Maybe she just wants to keep Shelley company.

I hope all is well with your fur kids and that you have a nice and relaxing Sunday.
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm SO sorry to hear about Noah's tummy episode and hope he is feeling better. I also awoke in the wee hours (3:45) to kitty movement (but nothing wrong, thank goodness) Since I had to run to the bathroom for normal reasons, I decided to get my laundry started early. I'm actually feeling much better than yesterday, thanks.

It's been a low key day here too. No balcony time as it was just too humid and sticky. I did get to call the vet's office and explain the situation. I told the lady how Tang was doing and she said that's really good, and she said just to keep them posted. There is still some sneezing here and there. But as I think about it, he did that last summer too. Must be something in the air during the hotter months I guess; he does not do it when it's cooler. Theresa has cuddled some today as has Tang. In fact, at one point. I had them on either arm of the sofa; kitty bookends laugh.gif

Getting ready to tend to Tang's ear and insulin as well as food, water etc. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both enjoy a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom ans pleasant Sunday greetings to you, Mindy and Shelley.

I believe you are right about the stomach bug. I'm feeling better today thanks. Happy Birthday to your precious Mindy! I understand about not knowing the exact date. I go by the day I brought them home. The vet sends cards too. For Tang it was the day I brought him home since it's the day he got his wellness plan. Theresa it's also the day her wellness plan kicked in. But I still go by the day I brought her home too. Hard to believe over 6 years I've had Theresa and over 2 for Tang.

Funny you should mention nail/claw trimming. It's about time here too. I think this time I will use gloves though. I hope miss Shelley was able to calm down some. I hope all 3 of you have had a good day and that a most peaceful evening is had by all. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this humid Monday. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I'm so glad to know that you were feeling better yesterday. It's always unpleasant and irritating not feeling well.

I'm so glad you were able to speak with Tang's medical office and am glad they are not insisting that you incur the expense of another visit at this time. I am very thrilled that your precious boy is doing so well and that he is mending nicely from his ear surgery. This is all very good news.

This morning was spent working on the bill-a-thon for August -- got some payments scheduled already. I discovered from my bank's website that online payments made to the propane gas dealer are made via electronic funds transfer - - this is GREAT NEWS as I wasn't sure if the propane dealer would accept EFT's or if the bank would need to issue a check from my bank account. Did a check on my order for the new MagicJack adapter - - it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping it will work. Just don't know what will happen with the "new and improved" technology.

In about 90 minutes or so you will be able to begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Off and on rainy Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

That is good news about your ACH payment to for the propane dealer. I do hope that your new MJ works out well for you.

Thank you for the well wishes for Tang. I don't think they really would have "insisted" I bring him in knowing my issues and that I take very good care of him. I think Dr. Mills is just being understandably cautious. He and Theresa are both doing very well. This morning they were laying side by side in the hallway watching me get ready. It was so cute wub.gif

Been doing OK up until about an hour ago. Starting to feel a bit woozy. I hope it's not a relapse unsure.gif Fairly slow day (for a Monday) at work. One sup out. Looks like every time I turn around one of them is out. I wonder if they are trying to burn up their paid time off while they can dry.gif would not surprise me. Between them being out in turns and the manager being here rarely, it's not hard to read the writing on the wall. But the day is over and I can start my trek home to fur kids.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang on this warm Tuesday from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope yesterday evening was a good one for you - - that you did not experience a relapse from your episode of Saturday not feeling well.

It has been a technology afternoon here - - got the new Magic Jack adapter today and got it set up and registered, - - AND my phone is working again. So - - there was something definitely wrong with the older adapter. Glad THAT issue is resolved. However, in order to get it set up and registered, I needed to unplug the USB cords to my Canon and HP printers. My Canon printer is now not working - - I uninstalled the software then re-installed it - - can't seem to get the computer to recognize it. SOoo - - I think I am going to have to call someone who knows how to do this stuff. Good thing I have it installed on my lap top - - and it is working fine. Very frustrating - - but a liveable situation at the moment.

Otherwise life here is doing well - - I'm just sooooo glad to have my phone back. Hope it stays that way for quite awhile.

Noah tried to help me with the technology stuff but got bored with the aggravation and found a comfy place to settle down to wait patiently for me to either get things finished or give up. He is soooooo wise!!! It feels so good to be sitting next to him as I'm writing to you.

Hope today has been treating you okay at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and hazy Tuesday greeting to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear your MJ is working, but so sorry about your printer. I can't imagine how that could happen from just moving some USB cords. Chuckling at Noah trying to "help" though. Both Theresa and Tang do that when the cable guy comes over. Speaking of which will be Saturday. None of my on demand prime time events have been updating. So, I am 3 weeks behind on at least 2 SyFy shows. The "theory" is that I have an old digital box. We'll see dry.gif

Another fairly slow day in the pit of despair. It's starting to feel like "Same stuff, different day" I have even found myself muttering I want to go home - When I AM home blink.gif But, another one down and 3 to go. Time to pack up and trek homeward to my fur tribe. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

PS: Tang's ear is still doing well and Theresa is keeping him in line wink.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang on this humid Wednesday from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for your sympathies about my "technology challenges." Not only did my printer stop working but something happened to the hard wire connection to my keyboard. It popped out of the connection at one point in time and I could not get it to go back in. Soooo one of the stops during my errand run today was at the Radio Shack picking up a wireless keyboard for my aging desk top. Got that installed without any problems - - it is working fine - - and - - it was on sale. Now if I could just get my printer to work again. Have called a couple of computer specialists who come to the house but have not heard back from any of them. I called the company I used when I was having problems installing the WordPerfect software on my laptop but apparently they do not have a service tech working this area at the moment. I must confess I'm literally getting a royal headache from all these "technology snafus". The internet is playing musical connections today - - oh for an ISP that offers stable service. Sadly this area will never have this type of service provider - - the major name providers apparently do not want to waste their time with the rural citizens.

The good news is that Noah is doing well - - for which I am very thankful. While technology is great when it works, NOTHING can ever take the place of my precious little boy. He has had his lunch and is upstairs at the moment enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the windows.

I'm so glad to share YOUR news that your precious little Tang is continuing to do well with his ear, diabetes, and his other health challenges, and that your precious Theresa continues to be the healthy one keeping a loving vigil on how her little brother is doing - - and letting you know when Tang needs dad's attention. And I hope you are doing well today - - no setbacks from your not feeling well this past Caturday.

I hope today has been treating you okay at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. A beautiful 80 degree sunny Wednesday greeting to you and your precious Noah.

I am so sorry you continue to be haunted by technical glitches and hope you are able to get things back on track soon. I know that can be so frustrating my friend. I am always glad to hear Noah is continuing to do well. Our fur companions are indeed precious and irreplaceable. Thank you for your well wishes for Theresa and Tang who both continue to do well.

Well, you said you wanted updated on the job front. I got an instant message in the middle of a call from some HR person asking if I could talk about the position I posted on. My sup allowed me to go in meeting following the call and I called her back. Answered a few basic questions, she accessed the call center managers Outlook calendar and set up an interview for tomorrow @ 9:00. I'd ask you to wish me luck, but I'm really not holding my breath. Especially if it's for the schedule that was vacated. Oh, I could technically do it, but it would mean getting home the "hard way" (i.e weekends/holidays) because of the late hour I would be getting off. Granted it's only 4 days with Fri-Sun off, but those 3 work nights I would be only be getting about 4-4 1/2 hours of sleep. But I won't get ahead of myself. Just thought I'd let you know.

Well, time to pack up and head homeward to my precious fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this very interesting Thursday. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm wondering how your interveiw went this morning, my friend. If you weren't able to approach the subject this morning, and if you are seriously considered for the position, perhaps you can try to negotiate the hours to better accommodate your transportation. I am looking forward to sharing your news.

It has been a very interesting day here. The computer guru was here this afternoon to diagnose my desk top and after all is said and done he told me there is a virus somewhere on the computer that has apparently manifested itself in not allowing the canon printer to be re-installed. He did a complete diagnosis of the computer, cleaned the registry, etc., and finally did a "restore system" back to a couple of weeks ago - - and that failed - - which was the last nail on the coffin for my XP program. He checked the system and told me it would definitely support W7 very easily, so he will be here next week as his schedule permits to completely clean the hard drive and then install W7 and get me back up and running. I am sooooo not looking forward to losing XP - - but he told me that I would have to do the update whether I want to or not by next April when Microsoft completely stops all support of XP systems.

Then - - as he was leaving I walked out to his car with him but I didn't notice that I had inadvertently turned the knob on the door which locks the door - - until after he left and I tried to get back inside the house. I was locked out. NO doors unlocked anywhere - - and keys inside the house. So I had no other choice but to break out the glass pane to the entry door to the garage and with the help of the settee that is still waiting to be donated to Goodwill managed to drop myself into the garage and then back into the house - - as there are spare keys in the garage. So I now have a contractor coming tomorrow afternoon to size the window space so that he can put in a new pane. And this wasn't your standard variety of glass - - it was the safety glass which is sooooo hard to break. I started my break in using a rock but upgraded to using my garden shovel - - which did the job in no time flat. I was SOOOOOO GLAD to get back inside the house to my precious Noah who was becoming very agitated thinking that I had mysteriously disappeared - - having to replace a window pane is so insignificant. And if you, and others who read this post, are laughing - - that's perfectly OKAY - - as I cannot help but chuckle at this "adventure" myself - - particularly now that I'm reuinted with my precious Noah.

Got a call from the contractor who will do the work around the foundation of the house - - he will be here Friday, 8/9, to begin the work and will continue to do the job until it is finished - - unlike some contractors who start a job and then disappear for days and weeks on end because they are juggling multiple jobs at one time.

SO - - adventures in the life of a homeowner continue. Noah is letting me know that it's getting time for some dinner to appear in his bowl, and I for one am looking forward to a VERY QUIET evening with my little boy.

I hope today treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but mild Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I am SO sorry to hear you had to "break in" to your own house. I'm certainly NOT laughing. That must have been a horrible feeling both to you and your precious Noah. I'm sorry you have to now pay to replace the glass. I kind of figured you'd have to let go of XP soon as I also am aware of it being phased out. Fear not though, W7 is really not that hard to use. Of course I was weened into by having Vista pre-loaded on this computer when I got it a few years ago. I too had to wipe my HD and had no copy of Vista. I had to borrow my cabbie friend's copy of 7. My PC didn't like that after the first update, and gave me that "not authentic" window pop that wipes out your wallpaper. I went online and finally figured out how to fix it though.

Glad to hear you have found a contractor to work the foundation and hope that comes together to your satisfaction.

As for my interview, it went fairly well I guess. I answered her questions from the interview guide to the best of my ability; pretty standard, generic stuff. She did tell me the position is being back filled, not the schedule. I would keep my schedule until the next shift bid, AND being FTE moves me up in the ranking to get what I want. Also, only the contractors are being considered, no outsiders. She also said that all the interviews were today and should know soon. I'm not sure if she got to all of them though because at 10:00 all heck broke loose on phones going out across 5 states dumping over 100 calls into the queue ohmy.gif I did point out that I have adapted better than most to the transition and need to ask few questions. She looked impressed; whether or not she actually was remains to be seen. I think I'll ask for those thoughts and prayers now. I could use this after 3.5 years of uncertainty and instability.

I hope today has otherwise been kind to you and Noah and that you both enjoy a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this humid Friday. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so very glad your interview went reasonably well yesterday - - that is always a promising indication. And I am sooooo glad to share your news that you would be able to keep your current hours - - you would not be saddled with the horrendous schedule of the predecessor employee - - if you get the job. I am SOOOOOOO hoping and praying that you will get this position, my friend. Please let us know how things go.

Thank you for your sincere concern and encouragement from my "peril" yesterday being locked out of my home. That is an adventure I truly never want to repeat. I'm seriously trying to figure out a safe place where I could hide a spare key outside for dire emergency situations - - such as yesterday.

Today has been busy. The gentlemen who were scheduled to clean out the gutter guards arrived at 10 am this morning and made some recommendations to help direct the flow of water off the roof toward the gutters instead of rushing off the side of the house - - particularly in the area where the roof overhang for the front porch ties into the main roof line. I'm hoping "upgrading" the water flow toward the gutters will greatly help with the work that will be done around the foundation.

The gentleman who is helping me with replacing the two rows of siding on the house called this morning to let me know he is having difficulty finding any siding that will even remotely match the color of siding on the house. So he came by to see if he could find a manufacturer's name on a piece of siding. After looking at several pieces in different locations on the house he could not find any identification at all. So he will keep trying to find something and will keep me informed about the progress.

Still waiting for the gentleman to come about replacing the glass in the garage door. If push comes to shove I can take the door off the hinges and take the door into the glass shop - - but that will be a project for next week if nothing transpires today.

Noah is a happy boy. He has had his lunch and is snuggled on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap. After yesterday's "events" he doesn't want to be too far away from me. He is such a sweet boy.

I'm so glad to know your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well, and I know how much joy they bring to you, my friend. In about 2.5 hours you will be able to begin your trek homeward to your precious companions who are already eagerly anticipating the sound of your footsteps in the hall and the click of the key in the lock announcing to them that daddy's home.

Until then, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Isn't this summer weather interesting, Frankfort set a record low of 55 this morning. But it's better than all that heat and humidity which I'm sure we'll have plenty of.

The yellow Tabby still comes by and eats sometimes twice a day. I offered him some more canned food the other day and he didn't run away. He also rubbed my leg. He does have on a collar, looks like a flea collar, so he might belong to somebody.

I'm glad your precious Tang and Theresa are doing well.....You are also in my thoughts and prayers about the job. You deserve a job that will make you feel more secure........Have a cozy evening with your sweet furkids....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

Moon_beam, I wouldn't laugh at your adventures. (I got locked out one time a long time ago too)........I do think your adventures would make a good reality show, "Keeping Up With Moon_Beam." smile.gif ....I know sweet little Noah is a comfort especially when things go wrong.....You both are in my thoughts and prayers......God Bless...LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another beautiful sunny but not too hot TGIF greeting to you and your precious Noah.

I think a good hiding place for an emergency key is a very good idea. I can imagine how startling it was for Noah to hear that breaking glass. I do hope you are able to get someone to come there to fix it so you don't have to make a special trip. Sorry to hear about your difficulties in matching up the siding and hope that works out too. Sounds like you are off to a good start for the rain gutters though. I'm glad Noah is with you each step of the way.

Today was not too busy in the salt mines. I have not yet heard anything on the job, but I'll let you know. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. Kind of a busy weekend ahead. The usual runs tomorrow, and Sunday I have to take some books back to the library and hopefully get some new ones. Yes, after many years I got a library card again. I figure that's better than spending money I don't have on reading material.

Not much else going on. Kittles attended to, and now my own chores before settling in. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

Yes, quite a bounty of nice weather in the Bluegrass State indeed. But, I fear you are right in that hot times are ahead before too long. Does the yellow tabby have a name yet? I'm glad he/she gave a nice "thank you" nuzzle. Don't let the collar fool you though. Tang belonged to someone too, and look where it landed him. Although he would not be with me otherwise, so I guess it didn't work out too bad.

Thank you also for the thoughts and prayers on the job; I could use it. I hope today has treated you well and that your precious Mickey sends you many white butterflies. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope your day is going well. About the tabby, we just call im Tabby. I agree, if he does belong to somebody, they're not taking good care of him. He was so skinny, but now he is looking much better. We feed him well.

Mickey sends me a butterfly almost every day. Yesterday I was standing on the patio and one circled the gravesites and then came over to me, circled close to my head and disappeared. Some people might not believe it, but I do believe there is something spiritual about it.

Have a great day and evening with your furbabies.....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Cat-urday to you and your fur kids! I know Tang and Theresa are glad to have you home for the weekend. I'm glad to hear the interview went well for you. Hopefully you will get the job. I know how tough it's been for you and how you're juggling to take care of Tang. It always amazes me how people give up their fur kids for silly reasons such as "moving". Tang and Theresa know they're loved.

My girls are happy to have me home. Mindy has been real playful, wanting to wrestle with sister Shelley this morning. On Thursday Miss Mindy even sat on my lap for a while which she hasn't done in such a long time. But before long Shelley showed and meowed as if to say:"But I want to be on your lap too." Shelley doesn't want me to leave for work in the morning. She lays down next to me and wants her tummy rubbed.

moon_beam, I have locked myself out once or twice and unfortunately had to call the locksmith and pay $$$. I'm glad you didn't get hurt when you broke the window, and hopefully it will be replaced soon. I could think of a few inconspicuous places to hide a spare key, but I think I'd rather email you on that one! smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy muggy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your errands went smoothly today so that you and your precious fur tribe have been able to enjoy the majority of today together. I hope you are able to get the books you want through your local library. I look forward to sharing with you how this goes.

One of the many side "projects" I have been involved with is doing research on alternative phone systems. I had seriously considered switching my MagicJack unit for one called "ooma" - - but that is also connected through the internet and with the ISP I have the service goes up and down and all around - - and is out of service during a power failure - - even with a back up generator - - because the internet is provided through the power provider. Wednesday I was doing some surfing researching different cell phones - - and ended up on the Net10 website. And as I was browsing through the website I discovered they offer a wireless home phone plan - - as in wireless cell phone service - - no internet connection - - for around $20 a month. Yes, overall this will be more expensive per year than the MagicJack - - but it will also be more reliable, and I get excellent cell phone service here through my cell phone and my security system is monitored through the security system cell phone provider. So I thought - - yea!!! - - this is doable if it works. So I ordered the unit and it arrived today. I have gotten it set up, have my new phone number, have my voice mail set up, and - - I think it's a winner. I also have elected the automatic refill program so that I don't have to renew it on the internet every month. I'm going to keep my MagicJack which does not have to renew until January 2014 - - and by then I should have all my creditors notified of my new Net10 home phone. I also saw that Net10 has cell phone packages for more minutes per month at a lower cost than what I'm paying for my existing cell phone, so I will eventually be making the switch. So, I think this is going to work.

I had to rearrange a few things here in the basement living quarters so that the cell phone unit would have a good signal and Noah has been keeping his distance looking at me as if to say, "it's been awhile since you've done this, mom - - what's up this time?" So after all was rearranged and then needing some additional arranging, my precious boy went around the room inspecting everything. He has had his lunch and is now curled up next to me with a grin on his face as he's taking his nap - - so I guess he's okay with everything now.

The gentleman who is helping me replace the window pane in the garage door came around 5 p.m. yesterday, took the measurements, and told me that it would be around 2 weeks before the installation could be done because they contract the work out. So - - taking delays into account I should have the garage door window back in place by the end of August.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

LoveMyMickey and DannysMom, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement and empathy sharing my "adventure" on Thursday. It truly is an experience I do NOT want to have again!!! For now I am keeping a set of extra keys pinned to my clothes every day for that "just in case" scenario - - now that it has happened once, the chances of it happening again are significantly increased. Hope you both are having a very pleasant weekend. Peace and blessings, moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey and Happy Cauturday greetings to you as well.

I'm glad to hear Tabby has put some weight back on thanks to your kindness. I'm glad to hear that Mickey sends you butterflies each day. It does not matter what other people believe; only that you do. Your precious Mickey is with you always. I hope today has treated you kindly and that you have wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom and Happy Caturday to you, your precious Mindy and Shelley.

Thank for the well wishes on the job. I could really use it. But if my luck over the last few years is any indication, I doubt I'll get it. Chuckling at Shelley wanting up where Mindy was. Both mine do that. If one is getting petted, the other will be along as if to say "Hey, what about me?"

I hope today has been kind to you all and that you have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Happy Caturday to you and your precious Noah.

I was thinking about suggesting, given your spotty ISP, you look into beefing up your cell service. It looks like you had the same idea. I hope this new service works out well for you. Sorry for the delay on your glass repair, and hoping that gets taken care of as soon as possible.

Chuckling at Noah having to "inspect" everything after the rearranging and moving. Kitties will do this, they don't much care for change. But it can be good for us, and he seems to have acclimated well enough.

I got up early today as the cable guy was coming over to swap the box in regard to prime time on-demand. As expected it did no good. After 2 calls to TWC and finally getting a supervisor (outside Louisville, thank goodness) They finally acknowledged it as a trend and notified the head-end/NOC. Even if they get it working again over the next few days, I'll have missed the opportunity to watch about 3 weeks worth of my favorite shows on SyFy. She did give me a 50.00 credit though, which I thought was generous. Quite a "discount" on my bill; perhaps that will be an omen to becoming FT employee, but not holding my breath as I said.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope you were able to get your chores and library errand done quickly today so that you and your precious fur tribe are enjoying most of today together -- perhaps enjoying some quality balcony time as well weather and dad permitting.

I must confess I am a bit weary today from all the activities of this past week, so today is focused on my precious Noah and me. He is upstairs at the moment enjoying the afternoon sunbeams. Still have the lunch dishes to do - - eventually.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and sunny Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I meant to do balcony time with the nice weather today, but just never seemed to get around to it huh.gif Laundry went fine with no competition for the machines. I had a bite to eat and good nap with snuggles from Theresa and Tang afterward. I got up around noon and made my way to the bus stop to hit the library. I only found one book, but have several on order from other branches. Two have been shipped, so I guess I can get those next week. Since Dr. Bizer is next door, I also got my other glasses repaired. Well, enough to act as decent spares anyway.

I can imagine you are exhausted from all the activity from yesterday. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, wonderfully pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your library errand run and get your glasses fixed. Yeah, I remember the days when every library branch had any book you wanted - - or could ever want. Now - - libraries have to "loan" from each other and customers get put on a "waiting list" to get the books they want or need. I hope the customer service in your library was pleasantly helpful, my friend.

It has been a busy day going online to change my telephone number from the MagicJack number to my NEW Net10 home phone number, and calling the creditors for the accounts I cannot change online. That took a good part of the morning. Got a call from the company that will be doing the additional gutter work and that is scheduled for this Thursday, 8/1, between 2 to 4 p.m. This will be great so that this will be in place before the drainage work begins the end of next week. Got a call from the company who will be replacing the garage door window and that work is in progress. So life is chugging along here - - no "revolting developments" today.

Noah is doing well. With the very pleasant weather today we are enjoying having the big basement door open for fresh air and the songs of the woodland residents. The bobtail kitty is making a trek through the yard, and Noah is at the gate watching intently. So far he hasn't tried to make a hole in the gate to get outside but I'm keeping a watch on him as I'm writing to you.

Lunch has been served and both Noah and I are content. Looking at the clock you have about 2 hours more or less to go until it is your turn to begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, pleasant Monday greetings to you and Noah, but rain supposed to move in some time tomorrow (blah)

Glad to hear there were no "revolting" developments today. I think you both have had enough excitement for a while. I'm also happy to hear that your other home improvement/repair work is chugging along. Chuckling at Noah keeping track of the bobtail cat's movements. Domestic or wild? It's good Noah didn't "break free" so to speak.

Yeah I remember when I could find almost anything at the library. And this was before computers, etc. You looked in the card catalog and signed the card in the front jacket of the book. those were the days. But I've got about 6 books being "transferred" I hope they don't make me check them all out at one time with just 3 weeks to read blink.gif

Work was somewhat slow for a Monday; no word on permanent yet. Getting ready to pack up and start my trek homeward to my precious Theresa and Tang. It's always nice when I get home and at least one of them greets me. Usually Tang. I guess my girl Theresa is starting to show her age, bless her heart. But she eventually comes around and wants her "Daddy Hug" reaching up to me to pick her up.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, very pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. As always it is a treat logging in to share your news.

The little bobtail visitor is of the domestic variety. Although it would be awesome to see a wild bobtail if I were walking through the mountain paths and taking the necessary precautions, having a wild bobtail so close to the house would not be healthy.

I totally empathize with your lament about your precious Theresa's slowing down and now not always being at the door to greet you. I am beginning to see the same course with my precious Noah, as I did with each of my now beloved companions who are with the angels. Still your precious girl finds her ways of letting you know that she is very glad to have you home, and to let you know she is always "daddy's girl."

Got a call from the window contractor early this morning. The replacement window is anticipated to be finished by Friday at the latest and he is expecting to be able to install it sometime on Saturday. YEA!!! I will be VERY GLAD to have this project done.

The contractor who has been diligently trying to find a suitable match for the ruined vinyl siding has yet to be successful in this endeavor. So, this morning I followed up with a referral from another contractor to a stone mason contractor who came early this afternoon to look at what needed to be done. I would like to have the two rows of siding replaced with a stone border that will match the stone on the front of the house - - and what the builder of the house did along the garage end of the house. The cost the contractor gave me is about what I thought it would be, and he will be able to begin the job in about a month. The rain we have had this summer has played royal havoc with the contractor schedules, and now that we are having some consecutive days of decent weather the contractors are scurrying to try to catch up with the work for their existing customers. I have been toying with idea since the fiasco with the old generator in June, and I'm glad I followed through with it. I will be happier with the stone finish close to the ground level instead of the vinyl siding that can get mesed up again at some future time being that low to the ground.

Noah is doing well. He is upstairs at the moment enjoying the afternoon sunbeams. I still have lunch dishes to clean up and a trek to the mailbox to make. Rest assured I am taking an extra set of house keys with me.

I hope you will hear something soon about the position, and equally that it will be in your favor. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and rain-a-coming Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sounds like you are making headway on the home repairs. Glad you will be getting the glass replaced soon. The stone does sound much better than the siding and will probably endure better as you say. Poor little bob-tail sad.gif Sounds like the poor little waif is foraging for food.

Theresa does indeed let me know she is always my little girl. I sometimes feel like she gets short shrift what with both Tom and now Tang being such special needs. Plus Tang is much more outgoing about getting attention than Tom was. Or perhaps Tom never felt the need to compete since he was "top cat" I guess I'll never really know. But, the "Daddy Hugs" and brushings are my way of trying to let her know she is certainly not forgotten.

Another fairly slow one in the pits today; still no word on FT (sigh) I imagine it likely will go to one of the contactors that's been here longer. Such is life I guess. Getting ready to pack up and head on home to the fur babies. I'm hoping to stay ahead of the rain, but not really thinking I will. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I don't know if the bobtail kitty is a homeless waif or actually has a home but is allowed to roam at will. He / she looks well fed - - so he / she either has a home, is a good hunter, or has several places to go where he / she can receive meals. Bobtail kitty is quite distinctive and I always look forward to seeing bobtail.

HR's ideology of a decision being made "soon" is always relative to whatever else is going on and / or the decision-making chain of command. I hope you will hear soon whatever the decision is, my friend. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the word you receive is that YOU are the selected candidate.

Have been working on financials today - - logging payments into the ledger and filing receipts. The pile of papers was beginning to get out of hand. Took me quite awhile to wade through everything. I also went through my box of computer program disks to have the programs on hand to install when the computer guru returns to upgrade my computer. Noah has had his lunch and is upstairs enjoying some private time as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad to hear "Bobtail" appears well fed and in good health. You know me and worrying about the homeless kitties. I often tell Theresa and Tang how fortunate they are by comparison when they fuss at me for leaving to take the food out there.

As for knowing the company's "decision" I'm pretty sure it didn't go my way; call it a hunch. I thank you for your thoughts and prayers though. I hope all goes well with your computer upgrade and that you have no more difficulties of a technical nature, my friend.

Work has treated me about the same. No better, no worse. It is what it is. But the week is 3/5 over, and now I pack up and get ready to trek home to my fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

PS: I saw this in the local weekly. I thought it was a nice column. http://leoweekly.com/fables-deconstruction...0%99s-only-life
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, dry Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precius companions doing well and in good spirits. Thank you for the link to the news article.

Almost 4 days down, one more to go with this week's work schedule. Hopefully this isn't "one week closer to unemployment" - - but rather one week closer to having more stable employment.

It has been a quiet day here - - and the forecasted rain has not materialized - - at least not yet. This is good news in that the contractor who is supposed to work on improving the gutter system for water drainage is scheduled to be here sometime between now and 4 p.m. to do the work - - unless the rain begins and then the work will need to be rescheduled. So I'm really hoping the rain will hold off.

Noah is keeping me company as I'm writing to you - - he is my precious special good boy. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are eagerly anticipating hearing the sound of your footsteps in the hall and the turn of the key in the lock - - to enjoy the gleeful greeting "daddy's home."

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Yes, 4 down and 1 to go. What it's a week closer to, I really can't say. I try not to think about too much as it depresses me. I'm starting to wonder if the job of 3.5 years ago was the last time Fate will smile upon me unsure.gif

I do hope the rain stays away so that your contractor does not have to postpone his work. Glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always. Did you get the computer upgrade, or is that scheduled for later?

Just found out all 6 of the books I requested via the web site to my library branch have arrived. I'll pick them up this weekend. I'll then go online and get an additional 3 week extension on what I can and read what I can't first. Not much else going on here. Getting ready to pack up and start my trek homeward to my precious Theresa and Tang; hoping for greetings from both.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, very pleasant T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm wondering if you can go into the HR website to check on the status of the job you interviewed for - - if you would want to do that. At least you might be able to see if it has been "filled" or if it is still "pending action" - - or whatever. I remember several positions I applied for were re-advertised because HR didn't like any of the "first round" of candidates that applied - - including me. If all else fails, my friend, the good news is that you DID get an interview for the job.

So glad you will be able to get an extension on your books from the library - - that is always helpful when you have many books you want to read.

No, my computer guru didn't call this week to set aside some time to do the upgrade - - so that's still on the "to do" list. The gutter contractor was not able to come yesterday as scheduled - - around 5 p.m. I got a call from the company letting me know the crew was working on a job that became more involved than originally anticipated. So the work was re-scheduled for this afternoon. They arrived around 1 p.m. and the work only took them about 30 minutes to do. Hopefully the contractor who is working on replacing my garage door window will be able to come tomorrow as anticipated. I will be glad when that is done.

Noah has had his lunch and is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams. Still have the lunch dishes to do. In a couple of hours you will be able to begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang in anticipation of having the weekend together.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Pleasant TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

There is no HR portal to consult as far as I know. It's all up to the manager I would guess. Nobody is doing cart wheels, but I suppose the lucky party could have been instructed to "keep quiet" Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be for me (sigh) Feels like I have wasted 14 months of my life though.

Sorry for the delay on your computer guru and gutters contractor, but glad the latter could make it today. I too hope you glass repair is in the works for the near future. I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always, and enjoying the sunbeams.

Well, another week over and done with. Now I pack up and prepare to journey homeward to my precious Theresa and Tang for TGIF/Caturday Eve. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT

DannysMom
Tom's Dad, happy Cat-urday to you and your fur kids. I hope Tang and Theresa are both well. I know they're so glad to have Daddy home with them! smile.gif It seem like this work week was just full of drudgery for you. I hope you get that job you applied for, but if not I know there is something better for you out there. Sometimes it can happen when we least expect it. I hope you'll have a nice and relaxing weekend with your fur kids.

Miss Mindy is doing better (for now), and Shelley is fine. It's been a long week for me too. It was good to sleep in today. I only got up early to feed my girls.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope your errands today went smoothly so that you and your precious fur tribe could enjoy most of today together - - perhaps some balcony time for your little girl and Tang the adventurer (hopefully he has gotten wiser).

The contractor replacing the garage door window arrived around 5:15 yesterday evening to install the new window. This was a very unexpected but very welcome surprise which then allowed me to plan today's work outside without having the "conflict" of time in anticipating a contractor's arrival.

This morning I mowed the front yard. I only had just a tiny bit of gas in the can for the mower but had enough gas between the Husqvarna and Snapper mowers that I was able to mow the entire front yard. After resting a bit, I then tackled the job of moving the St. Francis statue to another place in the yard that will look nicer with the arbor trellis I got. It will also help the contractor who will be doing the additional drainage work in the front yard around the foundation to have free access to the area around and under the front porch without having to be concerned about the statue. It was not an easy task getting the statue into my garden wagon but after much "trial and error" and resting which also gave me an opportunity to evaluate the situation, I was finally able to get the statue suitably situated into the wagon and then carefully wheeled it over to the area I want it to be. Now all I need is for "MissUtility" to mark the area where the underground utility lines are. The trellis has spikes that go into the ground to stabilize the unit, and I don't want to be driving spikes through electrical wires. I have a pretty good idea the route they take through the front yard, but want to wait until they are marked so that I know for sure. This will also help the foundation contractor to know where the underground lines are while he digs the trench for the additional drainage pipe in the front yard along the foundation of the house.

Noah was very glad to see me when I got back inside, and it felt so good to see him, too, and to get my shower. My precious little boy is snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you. Needless to say I am looking forward to a quiet evening with my precious Noah's company. But before that begins I still have the lunch dishes to do, need to get the mowers back inside the garage now that their engines have had a chance to cool, need to make a trek to the mailbox, and then it will almost be time for me to get my precious Noah his dinner.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Happy Caturday to you and your precious Noah, moon_beam.

Sounds like you got a lot of work done today my friend. I'm glad the window replacement was already out of the way for you too. Reading your narrative about trying to figure out how to move the statue put me in mind of the ancient Celtics and Egyptians with Stonehenge and the Pyramids of Giza wink.gif I agree that even if you are "pretty sure" where the cables run, it's always wise to "call before you dig" I'm sure it will all look great when it's done.

I didn't do balcony time today as it was a little too warm when I got back from the Library and the stores. Perhaps tomorrow during laundry. I was able to "renew" all 6 of my books online, but it didn't change the due date unsure.gif I guess I'll have to call and ask about that. I've immediately jumped into the latest happenings in the Delta Quadrant with Voyager (spoiler: knew Janeway wouldn't stay dead) Next I'll see what headaches the hapless agents of the Dept. of Temporal Investigations have to deal with in the mysterious appearance of a certain star ship Enterprise from a century ago wink.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided snuggles throughout the day. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that your evening is a blessed one. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this very pleasant Sunday. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news.

So glad your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well, and hope they are being able to enjoy a lot of quality time with their Forever Dad today. Sounds like you have very interesting reading to look forward to. Do you ever read outloud to your precious companions, and if so, do they enjoy listening?

I am thoroughly enjoying being absolutely lazy today with my precious Noah snuggled next to me. Life does not get much better than this.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.