Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Gretta's Mom
Dear Traci

Please fear not. You are one of those rare and truly blessed people whose spirit animal found them, put himself into your path so you would notice him, had the rush of instant, infinite love, were guided by and watched over and most of all loved by the one (or maybe one of several??) being who has carried a piece of your soul with him since time began and of whose soul you have carried a piece since then, too. Love is eternal. Feelings are pretty ephemeral (just ask a divorced person!). I know, I KNOW Sir Thomas was most definitely NOT bidding you goodbye forever during that anxiety-produced dream. How could he? He has a Traci-shaped hole in his soul just like you have a Tom-shaped hole in yours that can only be filled by each other. That's been so since the beginning of time and will be so until time ends.

Yes, we don't always have the soul mate at the front of our minds all the time. Our minds don't work like that (but i think aminals' minds might). I have a sister who has had C-o-c-k-er spaniels for almost 30 years. She says she still misses the first dog she ever had, Crocker, and sometimes cries for him or talks to him and tells him how much she misses him. I felt a little "cheated" when people here talked about their spiril animals coming to them in dreams, or appearing during waking time. That only happened to me once, and it ws a Golden Retriever, not my beautiful, kind cholcate lab Gretta. I was probably clutching at straws but I interpreted that to mean that Gretta had reached the Perfect World and was sending me a message in code that she was OK.

Traci, Tom is in your body's cells now and in your soul as well. He'll be there forever whether you're thinking about him or not. Animals aren't like people. They KNOW when they're loved - every moment of the time. Don't worry ... Sir Thomas is still taking good care of you. Animals have first order minds and hearts. It's only us messed up humans that put seven layers of meaning (most of them bad or sad) on everything.

Oh ... newsflash ... S.T.L.T.

Take care,

Gretta's mom
Tom's Dad
Thank you Gretta's Mom

Tom did indeed put himself in my path in the form of his abusive former owner when I insisted she bring him here for her next visit rather than leave him in that hot apartment all alone. Even when he was just a visitor, I somehow knew he and I would be together (without that psycho) someday. On the day she came to collect her things on court order and police presense, he hid until she was gone. I undersatnd about animal spirit guides. I only became aware of them due to being a Star Trek fan. On Voyager, the first officer was of South American Indian roots; this is where I learned of that. I am starting to think that Tom has moved from being my Earthly companion to my spirit guide. I now look forward to falling asleep at night and learning what new lessons he has to teach me.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Just stopping by to say hello and to see how you and furbabies are doing........I like what you said about animal spirit guides..........I was thinking about that last night, that Annie our little Maltipoo who passed in 2001, led us to Mickey 5 months later. He was so much like her in some ways and different in others............I know Annie's spirit was around because shortly after she passed, I felt something gently touch my arm as I sat in my chair in the living room. There was nothing else around, no fan, no breeze, etc. Also something showed up in some pics I took, looked like the top of her back, could have been a glare on the lens, but I like to believe........As I began to love and take care of Mickey her spirit seemed to fade somewhat, but was and is always in my heart......I know Mickey's spirit is right beside us. Not sure if I ever want a new beginning.

Tracy, it seems you have found some peace about Tom and I am happy for you. I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have some fun adventures this holiday weekend.

Peace and Blessings,

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks, LoveMyMickey. It does help to think of and feel Tom in this way. If your Mickey wants to guide a new soul your way, I think you'll just know. On call yesterday, today, and the 4th (tertiary, of course) Pager went off today, but I called and it was a malfunction (whew) As you probably know they relaxed the rules for fireworks here in KY - I'm not sure I or the fur babies want to deal with the consequenses of that...

Tail Hugs to all....
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Oh yeah, I know about the fireworks. They have been going off somewhere down the road for several nights and of course they are louder this year. I hope nobody gets hurt.........Fireworks or thunder never did scare Mickey, he was a laid back kind of boy....Poor little Annie, she would be shaking all over the place. I felt so sorry for her.

I had a strange thing to happen yesterday afternoon. I woke up from my nap, looked at the clock, then closed my eyes again to go back to sleep. When I closed my eyes, I briefly saw Mickey's face.
I opened and closed them again and he was gone. Don't know what it meant.

I agree, we will know when Mickey guides us to another dog. Right now we feed some stray cats on the carport every night. Don't know if they are really stray or just like the cat food.

Tracy I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have a happy fourth and you not get called into work.

Peace and Blessings,

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just stopping by to say hello and to let you know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers. I see you're on call this weekend but as of yesterday things seem to be holding steady for you. I hope this continues through the rest of the weekend. After all you did have to work on Father's Day - - you deserve this weekend to be with your fur family.

It is very warm here in the Blue Ridge / Piedmont Mountain area of Virginia. Noah and I are keeping a low profile this weekend and are enjoying it very much. I'm slowly getting acclimated to this new gizmo. I had to call Dell for technical help on Friday when I got home from work becuase the mouse pad / curser would not work. The rep in India remoted into my computer and installed a new driver. Seems to be working better now. I have figured out a way to change the background colors so that I'm not staring into a bright white background which hurts my eyes. So, slowly but surely I seem to be getting the hang of this contraption. My e-mail seems to be working properly, and I can access Lightning Strike. Those are my priorities.

I'm so glad to know that little Tang is recovering from his upper respiratory infection. I am so glad that his eyes are clear and bright now. How wonderful that you got him to the vet so quickly. It could have started with allergies, but with his immune system still developing and with his bout with heartworms it may take his immune system awhile to get stronger. What a WONDERFUL dad you are.

Tracy, I hope you and your fur tribe will have a very pleasant and peaceful day and weekend. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_bam -

Yeah I signed up tertiary for Friday/Saturday, leaving mysef free for Sunday in case I did get paged (which I have not knock wood) I only signed up for tomorrow because they kept threatening draft, so I managed to snag the last tertiary spot. Hopefully nothing will happen that requires going that far in the pages. I had a bit of a scare with Tang. He was acting lethargic, not himself, and stumbled getting off the back of the couch (very not like him considering his grace) So being that I wasn't on call, I took him to the vet. He checked out OK, thank goodness. Cab fare both ways was about the same as an office if visit if I din't have a plan. Worth it in the better safe than sorry category. Thersa was doing her trying not act worried that would not bring him back thing (but I can tell she was) Hopefully all will be uneventful from here on....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for sharing with us how you and your fur family are doing. I can well understand your concern about little Tang's unusual behavior and am glad you took him in for a check up. I hope the rest of the weekend, and forthcoming days, will be uneventful for you and your fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how things are going for each of you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Tracy....I am so sorry about little Tang, and glad he checked out okay. I hope and pray he will continue to be okay.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet little furbabies......God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
JoanneL
Just stopping by to say hello. Glad Tang is OK. When we take Kasper to the vet or training class, I know Zack is hoping he won't come back but I hope after some time Theresa and Zack will accept their new siblings.
Have a quiet 4th.

Joanne
Tom's Dad
Thanks all for words of support. Looks like Tang is trying to pick up a habit from Tom that is not so good; a penchant for people food. This is one I do not intend to encourage. I'm not going down that road again. So far the 4th is calm and quiet. Just vegging on the soafa in front of the TV with kitties alternating visits. Some rain, but hopefully no storms/high winds. Peace all and happy 4th
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I was kind of afraid to come here today because I thought maybe Tang got sick. Glad all is well....

Last night the fireworks had competition. I heard fireworks in the distance, but all of a sudden I heard a big boom and a big flash of light in front of the house. I thought some fireworks had landed in the front yard, but it was a thunderstorm. It was right over us. Didn't last long and we got some good rain.

Have a good rest of the 4th and hopefully everything will stay peaceful......Pet the furbabies for me.

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for sharing with us how you and your fur tribe are doing. So glad you have been able to get some "veg" time together, and hope that this has been the case all day. Yeah, people food in general is not really good for our furkids' tummies. But I think it depends on what we share with them and how it is fixed rather than an "across the board" rule. I hope you are able to encourage little Tang that his food is really the best for him.

It's always to good to share your news, Tracy. I hope you and your fur family will have a peaceful evening and the forthcoming week will be kind to you. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how things are going for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam. Yeah I guess it depends on the food. But if I give him a little he'll want more and I'm not adding diabetes to his maladies. I still have my guilt for Tom about that. Today has been relaxing up until a few hours ago. The idiots below me (yes, the ones who used to complain I'M too loud) are letting their kids (one of whom looks no more than 2-3) shoot off fireworks not far from my balcony. We are not supposed to have grills (they're doing that too, and A LOT of drinking) because of the fire hazard, I would think fireworks qualifies too. I called the police, but I don't think they ever came. I see so many wonderful fur kids on the rescue sites on Facebook being put down, and these idiots get to walk around free breathing air. There just seems like no justice in the world sad.gif
moon_beam
"I see so many wonderful fur kids on the rescue sites on Facebook being put down, and these idiots get to walk around free breathing air. There just seems like no justice in the world"

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. Yeah, I do so o o know what you mean about the idiots taking up space while the innocent creatures are sacrificed because of human's inhumanity to other living beings. I also know what it's like to call the "authorities" only to receive "no response." Perhaps you may want to mention this to your super and / or landlord? These are legal violations of their contract and place YOU, YOUR FUR TRIBE, and all the other residents at risk of losing their homes because of their carelessness. And if you don't get any satsifcation there, then there is always the fire department to go to - - fire inspector - - Public Safety department - - each and all depending on what is in your local jurisdiction. If you do pursue it, Tracy, just be careful how you do it because folks like the residents below you usually "retaliate" in some form or fashion. Usually one "violation" doesn't provoke much of a legal response - - just a warning, but if this is a repetitive problem then fines are imposed, and sometimes eviction. Perhaps the next time something like this happens you need to call the super / landlord and let him / her / them handle the situation. I've been where you are now, so I do so understand your concerns.

Tracy, I hope today is being kind to you and your fur family. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I do hope you are okay. About the news, I didn't know if that was where you work or not.

I know that was a bad experience last night with the fireworks, etc. Been there, done that, in other places we've lived.

I hope you and your precious furbabies have a good evening. God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam. I thought about calling management, but am leary. Last year in the same week I lost my job, the manager almost kicked me out for my "attitude" and only didn't because she felt sorry for me for losing my job. Plus a few years ago when I tried to warn her about some teenagers scaling the glass housing to jump in the pool from the skylite after hours, she pretty much told me to shut up and mind my own business. Then the pool was closed for 2 yars while they tore down the glass house and put up a concrete/cast iron wall. I'm guessing one of the idiots got hurt and sued. But bottom line, I'm scared to rock the boat for fear being 'invited to leave' again. And I'm nowhere near in a position to move anytime in the forseeable future.

Thanks LoveMy Mickey - the incident occured at a dispatch center on the other side of town. Some whack job shot his supervisor, then himself. LG&E/KU is not releasing any names. But given the ugly things I myself have heard customers say, combined with the downtown office/call center security being a joke, it does make me a little more paranoid now.

But, the holiday, and that ugly business is behind me and am hoping me and the kittles can get some quality time. Hugs all.....

T
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....I'm glad that you are okay.....

Yes, it's time to look ahead and have some fun with Theresa and Tang. I hope they are doing well and beginning to accept each other......

Have a good day and evening....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
All's well here so far. I got a note that they are redoing the roof on my building for the next few days or so, so no balcony time for kittles for safety reasons sad.gif too hot anyway
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....If it's not one thing, it's another. lol......I agree it's too hot to be outside especially in this summertime humidity.

Anyway enjoy your furbabies in the cool indoors. You, Theresa, and Tang are always in my thoughts and prayers......God Bless....

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thanks so much for keeping us updated on how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. You are very wise to "lay low" about reporting events to the management. You have had enough to contend with over the course of recent years without having to endure the ire of people who do not care about what happens to others around them. My concern is always first and foremost for you and your precious fur family.

I hope the roof work doesn't take too long. It's very warm here too, and humid as well. I hope today is treating you and your fur family kindly, Tracy. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to knowing how things are going for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam - they were finishing up the building next to me as I came in tonight , so I'm hoping they'll have the better part of mine done tomorrow while I'm at work. I SO would not look forward to the noise on my Saturday, er Caturday wink.gif

I got my shift bid choice as work so starting 25th I get off a 1/2 hour earlier and no longer have to close worrying if I'll get out of there on time because of the queue smile.gif

The kittles are doing well, although I had to break up a spat his morning because Tang, very much out of character, was NOT backing down when Miss Theresa hissed "ENOUGH!" I sense the paw of Sir Thomas at work on that one (sigh) Oh well, however he chooses to make himself known should be considered a blessing, I guess.
Kristina
Hi Tracy

I wanted to jump in your thread here. I just read through the whole thing, and I really enjoyed getting to meet your babies. I also am another KY person so it seemed fitting to be here!

I look forward to reading more about the antics of your babies, and after reading I hope that when the time comes for me to add a new dog to our family Dixie will guide me to the one that belongs with us.

Much love.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....I see 2 weeks of posts are missing here too, like LS Support said......I hope you, Teresa, and Sgt. Tang biggrin.gif are doing okay......No storms yesterday, but as you know it is very hot.....I hope you and furbabies stay cool.

God Bless....
LoveMyMickey

Kristina, it's good to see another Kentuckian. I hope you are doing better.

Tom's Dad
Kristina, always nice to know another Kentuckian is around (although even after 22 years here, my heart still belongs to Texas and Arizona) LoveMyMickey, thanks for checking in also.

Yes very hot today, but no storms. I got a little paniced when my Insight (CATV, phone, interenet went out) Thinking that if it was out so could power be somehwere in LG&E/KU territory. But my pager never went off (knock wood) and I got thru to Insight fairly quick on my cell, and the services were up shortly after that. Hoping nothing else happens at least for the next 14 hours while I'm still tertiary on-call.

I created a new account, but am glad I didn't have to use it for long as my old one is still in tact. "Sgt" Tang, and Lady Theresa are doing well (Tom watching over us as always) No outside for then due to the heat, for which they are bummed but dealing. Maybe early tomorrow morning I can do like last week and let them out for that hour my clothes are drying and I can watch them while I'm on the 'puter -

Tail Hugs from T T & T

Kristina
We also have Insight. It went out the other night for about 2 hours. I wasn't sure if it was from the heat or something else. It rained for about 2 seconds up here today, then turned back into soup. Yuck.

I bet the cats are bummed because of the heat. One of our cats goes out all the time and refuses to stay in unless it is freezing. What a weirdo.

I am glad I was able to keep my account and initial post about Dixie. I lost a bunch of stuff from two weeks after her death but that is ok, they can be recreated.

I hope the day is good to you and the babies. And to Tom who is always watching over all of you. Much love to you and the furbabies.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just being able to get caught up on your news from yesterday. Had a family gathering to participate in. I'm glad to know your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well, and that you don't have another "high wire" act with circus dare devil Tang today.

Yesterday was incredibly hot - - again - - heat index a minimum of 102 degrees. The AC has been running very steadily - - so I'm getting a bit anxious about how this going to be reflected on my electric bill over the next 6 months. My "anniversary" pay up bill is in February - - a couple of years ago my "pay up" balance was $400. That was a moment of some serious hyperventilation.

I'm glad today is just Sunday so that I can spend some very serious quality time with my little Noah. I hope today will be kind to you "on call" - wise, Tracy, so that you and your fur family can enjoy being home without any interruptions. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Kristina, Thank you. it was hot and muggy here too, but no storms or pages. I did let them out for the hour my clothes were drying this morning.

moon_beam, thank you. Tang did get outside the railing once this morning, but my "dad voice" got him back on this side in a hurry. From what you describe on your power bill, it sounds like you are on what we call budget billing. Not something I recommend unless one's consumption is quite high. And the settle up month is a bear and why I'm glad I don't have the billing skill when those folks call in. "Sorry but budget IS a payment arrangement, I'll have to transfer you to billing."

The only "cuteness" to report today is when I woke up from my nap on the sofa, walking by the bedroom to the bathrrom, they were both on the bed. Not cuddling but pretty close together. Theresa was fast asleep, and Tang looked at me as if to say "I'm just watching out for her dad"

Peace and Tail Hugs ->

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....Awwwww..that is so cute. I keep saying they will end up cuddling each other, maybe when the cold winds start blowing this winter. Brrrrr....I was hoping there would be no circus acts for you and Tang this morning.

We are on the budget plan for utilities too and also for Columbia Gas. They put ours high enough that sometimes we have a credit. But this season for electricity might be different story.

Tracy I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have a cool evening and I look forward to your next post of cat-tails......

God Bless

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

Not much to report tonight. Just a usual mellow Sunday, albeit a HOT one. Rain cooled things down some but not enough w/ the humidy.
Tomorrow I have to get up 1/2 hour (counting the mandetory OT) earlier than usual. But I also get to leave work that much earlier and NO MORE waiting on the email that says I can go home smile.gif

Kittles are chillin'

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....It's good just to have a mellow Sunday and the extra half hour tonight.....We didn't get any rain yesterday afternoon although it was all around us. It did get cooler and the heat advisory is gone.

I believe I read in one of your posts that you are originally from Texas? We lived in San Antonio for a little while many years ago. I liked the dry heat there.

Tracy give Theresa and Tang a pet for me and "Tang, NO circus acts for you young man!".

God Bless....

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello and to see how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. So, little Tang has become the "courageous lion" (as opposed to the "cowardly lion" in Wizard of Oz). I'm so glad he came back to you without you having to do any "high wire" act yesterday.

The only way I can afford to pay the electric bill - - which includes EVERYTHING in the house - - is by a monthly budget. I conserve as much as I can. Last year I was pleasantly surprised that my year end settlement was half of what it was the year before. Still, Appalachian Power continues to request and continues to get granted continuous rate increases - - which is worrisome because that is the source of the ongoing increases in the monthly, and year end, payments. I really am not looking forward to having to work until the moment I take my last breath just to pay the electric bill.

I'm so glad you're going to be able to get home 30 minutes earlier today, and perhaps you are already home. I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang have a very peaceful evening, and will look forward to knowing how each of you are doing. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

It was SO gratifying to walk out of there at 6:30 with 35 calls in queue and not have to care. I know they won't get out of there at 7:00, and It could not have been timed better for me smile.gif

About the Texas post, I spent 7 years (1982-1989) in Dallas, and the summer of 1986 in Houston (I liked Houston way better) and neither were what I'd call "dry" but no worse than here. And certainly BIGGER cities with more to do. Which does not mean much to a shut in ironically. Before that, I grew up in Phoenix, AZ 1969-1982 - That WAS dry but HOT.

The rates will go up as long as the local PSCs allow it. There is talk here of making them elected posts rather than appointed. People don't realize that if that happens it will be more political and the PACs (yes, the power companies) will have MORE influence, not less. But people just don't see the big picture. They just like to call me names as if I'm personally responsible for their irresponsibility sad.gif

Tang has me a little worried. Last night he was fussing with that left ear a little more than I thought normal. I went to check it out, and sure enough it was pretty dirty. But worse than that, in addition to the usual brown gunk, I got some yellow, which made me think infection. I cleaned it out and started back on the antibiotic drops. It was better tonight, but I'm going to check it everyday. I will also call the vet and take him in this weekend if need be. Thankfully he's not showing any other signs if distress, and is his usual puckish self.

Both he and Theresa are enjoying the extra time (although it's really not since I leave 30 minutes earlier, but shh don't tell them)

Tail hugs from the Tripple T

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, as always it is a blessing to log on to see how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. It's always nice to get home earlier - - I'm so happy for you.

Yes, yellowish gunk usually does mean infection - - the ear c&%^ is moist so when there is a chronic problem already established it doesn't take much for it to blow up into an irritation and / or infection. Going on the ear drops is a good thing, and talking to your vet. I'm so glad the ear drops seem to show improvement, and hope that continues.

Hope you and your fur family have been enjoying a very pleasant evening. It's getting time for me to call it a day. My little Noah is patiently waiting for me to come snuggle with him. So, please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to knowing how you and your fur tribe are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I hope you and furbabies had a peaceful and pleasant day. I hope Tang's ear gets better. It does sound like an infection. Pets can get ear mites too.

Shhh....I won't tell them that daddy leaves a half hour early. They're probably too sleepy to notice anyway. smile.gif

About Texas, I think San Antonio is farther south and maybe drier. I heard San Antonio got snow one Christmas a long time ago. I was born and raised (maybe half-raised) smile.gif in Ky, although we lived in different places in the military.

Tracy I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cool night. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad

Tang's ear seems to be doing a little better still tonight; sticking with the drops for now. I have not had a chance to call the vet yet. Yesterday was 1/2 lunch for OT, and today was a working lunch for training. They fed us, but our time was not our own. Oh well, an additional hour of OT. I will try to call them tomorrow and get some guidance.

Dallas, used to get snow regularly, as did Arizona if you go up north enough, believe it nor not. Had to fuss at Theresa a bit for throwing up in the food bowl (I swear I think she does it to "spoil" it for anybody else) But she's doing better now, as is "Sgt" Tang. All food/water bowls clean and refilled.

Well, to the chores and settle in..

Tail Hugs

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, its always good logging in to see how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. So glad to know that Tang's ear is continuing to do well with the ear drops. Do you by any chance give Theresa anything to help with tummy furballs? If not you might want to consider giving her a dose of Laxatone, or whatever your vet may recommend.

Noah is doing well, thank you so much for asking. I am looking forward to getting settled down with him for the night.

I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are having a very pleasant evening, Tracy, and that you will have a good day tomorrow. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

It's not like she throws up alot, and I do try to brush her often. Also, the Iams I feed them is specially formulated for hairball control. I guess that except for the trouble I had with her early on, she's always been my healthy one, my "rock" as it were. With Tom it was the diabetes, and now Tang with the ear tumor (removed) and heart worms. I sometimes fall into a pattern of expecting her to be OK. But, I guess tape worms are no small matter. I guess being a pet parent really IS like being a "real" parent - you get so caught up in the ones with the larger more immediate issues, you can forget about the others w/ issues that are just as important. I'll make a point of asking about Theresa when I call about Tang. Sometimes I wonder if I'm very good cat dad after all (sigh)
kaylasmom
Hi Tracy,

I think you are a fantastic cat dad. Your love and concern for your babies shows in every post. I'm sure that Theresa, Tang and Tom would agree with me.

Shelby
moon_beam
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm very good cat dad after all (sigh)"

Hi, Tracy, ABSOLUTELY DITTO SHELBY'S REPLY - - YOU ARE THE BEST DAD TO YOUR PRECIOUS THERESA, LITTLE TANG, - - AND YOUR BELOVED SIR THOMAS. Yes, little Tang may require more focus because of his health issues, and his high wire ambitions, but there is NO WAY you can ever think of yourself as neglecting your precious Theresa. So please do NOT ever doubt yourself about your being a good dad to your furkids, Tracy. NOT EVER!!!!

I hope today is being kind to you and your fur kids, Tracy. It has been "cooler" here the last couple of days - - around 95 degrees - - as opposed to 99, 100, with 115 degree heat indices. It's short-lived though as tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to climb back up to the upper 90's. Not particularly something to look forward to.

Thank you always for sharing with us how you and your fur tribe are doing, Tracy. I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I "Double Ditto" what Shelby and moon_beam said. You are a great cat-dad and your posts prove it!

I'm glad the ear drops are helping little Tang. I always had to keep an eye on our doggie's ears. They were hard to keep clean and easy to get infected with bacteria or fungus. Drops and ointment always did the job.......I hope little Theresa gets better too.

Tracy I hope you and precious furbabies have a good evening and keep cool. I look forward to more cat-tails. smile.gif ......You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you all for the encouragment. I called the vet's office today and was told it does not sound that bad, but to be safe continue the drops and bring him in Saturday, which I will. I'll ask about Theresa while I'm at it.

Today was very slow at work (not in queue once all day) and it was very welcome. The time may pass slower, but I'll take it any day.

I'm very blessed to have such good friends here at LS. As well, as Theresa, Tang, and the ever present spirit of Sir Thomas. Speaking of which, I think he paid another visit last night. Not only did I feel his presense, but Tang and Theresa were both mesmerized by the furnace closet in the hallway for several minute at around the same time; this was one of Tom's favorite past times - stalking the "closet monsters"

Tail Hugs ~

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. So glad today was a good day for you at work.

How special that your beloved Sir Thomas came for a visit last night - - to let you know that he is still - - and forever - - with you. I'm so very happy for you and your furkids, Tracy.

I hope your travels with little Tang to the vet on Saturday will be uneventful, and that his doctor will give you an "A OK" on how his ear is doing. Just keep doing what you're doing, Tracy - - you are THE BEST kitty dad!!!

I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, Tracy. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I hope you and furbabies had a good day and stayed cool.......I hope too, that Tang gets a good report at the vets Sat. and I hope little Theresa is doing well too...Oh yeah, Sir Thomas is around looking out for you all.

Tracy I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and fun night. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

God Bless...

LoveMYMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks all.

Tang's ear seems better, but still retaining dirtiness with more frequency. Hopefully all will turn out well with the vet. Today was even slower than yesterday. Our coach has been out for almost a month, 2 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick, although nobody will tell us what's wrong. So our monitor sessions amounted to another coach just dropping them off for us to sign. Nice (sigh)

Both were there to greet me upon walking through the door smile.gif Just 2 more days to another Caturday!
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your furkids are doing today. I do hope little Tang's ear situation may be due to allergies or the heat - - and that your vet will be able to offer you guidance and reassurance that everything is okay. I'll be very interested in knowing how things go on Saturday.

I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are having a very pleasant and blissful evening, Tracy. I hope tomorrow goes well for you at work, too. Please know you and your fur family are close in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Just stopping by to say hello and hope you had another good day at work. With this heat, I sure hate to see our next electric bill. The budget payment will probably go up this year.

The vet will probably clean Tang's ear out and it will get well quicker. I hope everything turns out okay for you and furbabies this weekend.......No circus tricks for you Mr. Tang.

Tracy I hope you and furbabies have a cool and fun evening. Looking forward to your next post.

God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad

I made sure I stopped at the ATM on the way home to have cash for the cab since I'll need it both ways not just one in taking Tang to the vet tomorrow (funny how much quicker they show up when you have cash, I'll be glad when my regular guy gets back) But it'll be nice not to have to walk to the bus stop in that heat. Hoping all will turn out well; he just had a little brown stuff to clean out tonight. OC tertiary again tonight and tomorow. They finally did away with the darn pagers and have a system that calls our cell, home or any other number we want. Hoping the only time my cell rings is the cabbie. But I figured out it's about every 10,000 customers out that progresses thru the levels. So, here's hoping for us all in KY we don't have 30,000 + out facillitating my having to go in....

Chores, and kittle cuddles await......Tang is longingly looking out at the balcony wink.gif (thru the glass, thank you)

Hugs - TTT
Tom's Dad
Tang's vet visit went well enough. They said his tumor looked like it may be trying to come back, but is still benign; just need to work around it cleaning and let them know if gets bigger. Back to daily cleanings and once a week on the drops for preventative. All things considered, he's doing well. They also said since Theresa is only throwing up every once in a while, not to worry too much and recommended some OTC remedies which I picked up. My cell has only rung today to alert me to my cabs, let's hope it stays that way.

Tail Hugs ~

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Another Caturday has arrived. The time sure flies by fast.....I'm glad the vet visit went well with little Tang, but I do hope that the tumor doesn't get any bigger and his little ear clears up. I hope the OTC meds help little Theresa with the vomiting too.

Tracy always remember you, Tang, and Theresa are always in my thoughts and prayers. I always think of Sir Tom too...

Here's wishing you a silent cellphone evening and no circus acts tomorrow morning. smile.gif

God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.