Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
DannysMom
Hello, Tom's Dad...only three more days to go 'till the weekend. Hang in there! I can understand that you're burned out on call center work. A friend of mine was working in a call center for a bank and she hated it. The customers screamed and yelled at her and cussed at her...and it was really their own ignorance and stupidity that caused their problem. Yet my friend had to be nice and polite. This can REALLY wear you out. It's a high demand/low control type job and that makes for lots of frustration.

I hope your fur kids are both well. This morning Mindy and Shelley had their window session rudely cut short by the mowers and blowers. Shelley even hid under the bed. Mindy didn't hide, but she didn't feel like sitting in the window with all this noise out there. This evening when I came home I found a lot of vomited up food down by the litter box. I don't know who had the "accident", but I want to bet it was Mindy. Just for precaution I gave her an antacid this evening. My girls have both come to like the "Paw Lickin Chicken" canned food and always dig in when I pour it in their bowl in the morning.
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom.

Thanks for the encouragement. Like I said before, if I have to be stuck doing this sort of work it would be nice to at least have the benefits of a full time job. I can't remember the last time I had a paid day off or was able to go to the doctor.

I'm sorry to hear one of your girls had an upset tummy. I had to deal with that last night also not knowing who did it, but I'm betting Tang as he always wolfs down the can food. Besides, Theresa's favorite trick is to toss in the food bowl facilitating having to throw it out dry.gif Like I'm made of money.

I hope Mindy and Shelley came out again after the mowing and that today has been kind to you all. Have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I do sooooo know what you are going through with your job, my friend, when you share with us: "Another day of blah in the land of why am I here." Burn out is REAL - - particularly when you do the exact same thing day after day after day after day year after year after year after year. Employers USED to provide opportunities for employees training for better employment opportunities in the company - - not anymore. Once you are placed in a specific positon you are trapped in that mode - - unless you are able to acquire "higher education" to "compete" with other employed and / or unemployed job seeks for a position of one either with the same company or elsewhere. In my previous job in the venomous snake pit, there were no "advancement" opportunities for the office slugs - - unless we wanted to take classes to earn a medical degree - - which I personally had no interest in pursuing at all. Being in a "dead end" job can make one feel "brain dead."

This morning I got a call from the contractor who will is doing the stone work to replace the damaged vinyl siding - - depending on the weather he may have a crew here tomorrow or Friday - - or maybe not until next week sometime - - it all depends on the weather. I got a call last night from the contractor who will be doing the driveway gravel work for me and he has "penciled" me to begin that job on Monday, 8/26 - - weather permitting. So I had to make a quick trip to the bank to transfer funds to my checking account from my savings account so that I will have funds to cover the checks for the driveway project. It will be nice to have these two projects completed - - hopefully before the Labor Day weekend - - weather permitting.

Noah has had his lunch and is very disappointed in not having any sunbeams to enjoy today. Just as soon as I get this posted to you I am going to try to engage him in some "fun time" - - perhaps some soccer ball if he wants to play.

I hope today has been treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad to hear your contractors have been keeping the lines of communication open on the projects, and that the weather cooperates so you can get them completed to your satisfaction. So sorry that poor Noah didn't have any sunbeams to bask in today. I hope your games cheered him up.

Thanks for the words of support in the ongoing World of Why am I Here. Tomorrow will be a week since the manager sent out the "I have made a decision" email and 2 weeks after I inquired. Still nothing. I'm starting to feel it's best to just try to put it out of my mind (sigh) My daily mantra leaving my apartment each morning is "I want to go home" followed by "It could be worse" throughout the day for a semblance of encouragement. Well, 3 down and 2 to go before another weekend. Time to pack up and start my trek home to Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, I hope you got a super-nice welcoming from your fur kids tonight! You know it just occurred to me as I was reading your post...maybe that manager can't make up her mind which person to hire just yet and maybe she is watching you and that other guy who's been there longer to get a better feel for things...just a thought.

I do hope you get the job. I know it would make things a lot better to get benefits and paid time off. Hang in there...only two more days until Friday!
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom.

Got a very nice greeting from the kids. Theresa ran to the computer desk and inched her front paws up demanding her daddy hugs wub.gif

The manager said in her email "I have made a decision, and will communicate it shortly" That was a week ago. She went on to say sorry for the delay and that she had to go through many processes as this is the first new hire with Time Warner. So, your guess is as good as mine. As for watching me, she'd have to actually show up and come out of her office, which she rarely does. I thank you for the well wishes though. It's appreciated.

I hope you and your girls have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm humid sometimes sunny Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precoius Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Yeah, I know what you mean when you share with us "As for watching me, she'd have to actually show up and come out of her office, which she rarely does." Sounds like the manager at the venomous snake pit I was working in. My ex-employer implemented a "plan" that come evaluation time the manager would make his / her evaluation based on what is called "peer reviews" - - so the manager in the office I was in only believed what was "tattled" by the clinical and office staff. At this point it seems to be me the hold up in the announcement is on the end of the new management - - the manager may be waiting for confirmation from the HR "head honcho." Who knows for sure - - but it's a thought for whatever encouragment it may be to you. Your life, however, should not revolve around the "whoever" in your organization. Keep your options opened, my friend.

Worked on the September bill-a-thon today so just need to start making payments as appropriate. No contractors appeared today - - not really too sorry about that. Noah and I can use a break from all the activity. Lunch is on the stove warming, and my precious Noah is looking out the window next to the bed. This morning we had a squirrel visiting up at the big door which delighted my little boy. Later on there will be a trek to the mailbox to make.

I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid (summer's back) Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sorry you didn't hear from your contractors, but glad to hear you and your special boy had some quality time together. Chuckling at his delight at the squirrel. Sounds like my Theresa when she "chatters" at them through the sliding doors to the balcony.

Like I told DannysMom, your guess is as good as mine on the hold up for announcing who got the job. For fun I have visited ask the oracle/crystal ball/magic 8 ball sites to ask my query. So far it's unanimous that I got it. Eh, it's something to keep me from having too much negative focus.

Well, 4 down and 1 to go for the week. Time to pack it up and start my homeward journey to my Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang whom both were especially unhappy at my departure this morning; it will be nice to see them. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, mostly cloudy, sometimes sunny humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can sooooo relate to your precious companions' sad reaction to your departure to go to work. I know from first hand experience with my precious companions is that the best part of the day for you is going home to them.

The stone contractor arrived at 9:30 this morning and has been working steadily. I went outside just a few moments ago and it looks sooooooo nice. The young man doing the work is truly an artisan. I expect him to be finished today. So this will be another project crossed off the list, which leaves the driveway re-graveling project which hopefully can begin and be completed next week.

My precious Noah has been a little upset with the noise of the work along the side of the house today, so I'm talking to him frequently letting him know that everything is okay. This should be the last of the chores actually on the house structure that needs to be done for quite awhile. The driveway work will be on the upper end of the property, so the noise levels here in the basement living quarters should be significantly reduced while that project is underway.

I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and breezy TGIF summer greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear your stone worker contractor came today. It sounds like he is doing fine work. I'm sure it will increase the over all value of your home. Sorry to hear the noise has been stressful for your boy though. Perhaps more game time is order happy.gif

Today has been another same old same old in the pit of despair. Still no word on the job. Although I did find out that of the 2 contractors left off the email, one failed the test and the other had too many occurances. So, I guess it may well be between me and the other person. Who knows.

I have come to another end of another work week (don't ask me how) and comes the time to pack up and start my trek homeward to my precious babies for Caturday Eve. I hope today has been most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening together. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Cat-urday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope your fur kids are both well and that you got a good night's sleep last night. I hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend with your little ones. Today it's very breezy here and I've had to cut short my balcony time as I was getting chilled. I decided to trim the girls' nails, but it didn't go so well. I grabbed Shelley first and she protested with low growls and tried to wiggle out of my arms. After getting one paw done she couldn't stand it and broke free and ran off. I pulled her gently out of hiding and did the rest of her nails. Thankfully this time she didn't give off that awful shriek at the last nail, but she truly wasn't happy. I grabbed Mindy next and she wiggled a bit too, but at least she didn't growl at me. Mindy's second paw went a bit better and she was more calm. Her extra toe nail really needed trimming. Whew! So glad I got this out of the way.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It sounds like you are definitely "in the running" for the job - - and truly hope and pray that the long awaited news will be GOOD NEWS for you. But whatever the news is, please know we are here for you. I hope you will finally know the results of the selection soon, my friend.

I hope your errands this morning went smoothly and you were able to get home to your precious fur tribe to enjoy the majority of this weekend together.

I had to make an errand run to the post office this morning to mail the check to the stone contractor. The crew finished the work yesterday and it really looks very, very nice. And I needed to get the tank in the car filled up as the gauge was floating between 1/4 full and empty. After I got home FedEx delivered my order from Amazon for the external hard drive and a better wireless keyboard for my desk top as well.

Lunch has been served and my precious Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking his nap. He is soooo sweet - - including when he is sleeping. Need to wash the lunch dishes and make a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Pleasant (if hot) Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad to hear your stone work is completed and to your satisfaction. Also good that you received the items to assist your with your computer.

Errands were completed without incident. I decided not to be a slave to the bus and just walked up and back. This got me home about 20 minutes or so earlier; if a bit overheated and bushed from the lugging the cart in the returned summer heat. Theresa, Tang and I have had a lazy afternoon of cuddles off and on. Time now to clean Tang's ear (which still looks very good) and give him his insulin, etc.

I hope today has been most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Thought I'd stop by to wish you, Sgt. Tang, and Miss Theresa a Happy Caturday. Sounds like you had a good afternoon with the furbabies. I'm so glad to hear Tang's ear is looking good.

Tabby still comes around, sometimes he eats well and sometimes not so well. Somebody else might be feeding him although he looks kind of skinny when he stands. He also lost his collar, it looked like a flea collar. Anyway we're glad to help him. The Bandits and a opposum come by too.

I hope you and furbabies have a pleasaant and cozy evening and a blessed Sunday....Take care and good luck with the job.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey, and thank you for stopping by smile.gif

The kittles and I had a very nice afternoon. I'm glad to hear Tabby comes by for nourishment but sad to hear he's looking so thin unsure.gif Hope he's OK. Thanks also for the well wishes on the job. Hope you are well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad...you missed my Cat-urday post. You responded to moon_beam and LoveMyMickey, but not to me. ohmy.gif I hope your laundry day goes smoothly today. It's only in the 70s here today, and last night was so cool it felt like fall already. Miss Mindy did some serious bird-watching this morning. She gets so frustrated that they just fly by and she can't catch them.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant peaceful Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad to know your errands yesterday were uneventful. When I was a very young girl I frequently walked the distance to the local grocery and mini shopping mall instead of waiting for the bus. I'm glad you are able to do the walk, my friend, as you feel up to doing it. Hope your laundry time this morning went okay with first choice of machines and working coin boxes.

So glad to know that your little Tang's ear is continuing to do well post-surgery. I know this is tremendous concern off your mind, and is less of an irritant to your precious little boy. And I'm glad to know he continues to respond well to his insulin.

It is so nice outside today that Noah and I are actually enjoying have the big door open and gated. It feels like it has been a long time since we have been able to do this. My precious boy has had his lunch and is snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you. This is a very pleasant Sunday indeed.

Warmer more humid weather is supposed to return come mid-week. The good news is that the contractor doing the driveway work is scheduled to be here tomorrow, and the weather forecast is for good weather both tomorrow and Tuesday, so I'm hoping he will be able to get the job done in 2 days.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom

I'm so sorry that I did not even see your post ohmy.gif It must have been on the previous page. I forgot Chrome still does that rather than show links to all of them in real time like I.E. I stopped using it because it kept messing up the work I did to get rid of the "This version of Windows is not genuine" pop-up. I'll be more mindful in the future.

I'm glad you were able to get the girls' claws trimmed albeit with difficulty; I can sympathize. There was balcony time here in the morning as it was about 68 and breezy. But now it's 89 and yuck. Laundry went fine with no issues, and it's been lazy cuddle time with both Theresa and Tang. I hope today has been kind to you, Mindy and Shelly and that you all have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Pleasant but HOT Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah. It looks like you and DannysMom are getting the better part of the weather compared to us.

Glad to hear you and Noah enjoyed a good day and that your contractors are due back to finish up. I'm thinking not only will this increase the value of your home, but may even be tax deductible; worth looking into.

Laundry went fine with no difficulties. Since then it's been lazy cuddle time with Theresa and Tang. But, alas, now I deal with the Sunday evening blues thinking about having to return to work tomorrow. Would not be so bad if it had some semblance of security. But we take what we can get in this day of ever decreasing "middle class" Thanks for the well wishes on Tang's health. He is now reminding me it's time to tend to that and feed/water him and Theresa.

I hope today has been very kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - as good as can be expected for a Monday.

Glad to know your laundry time was uneventful yesterday, and that you and your precious fur tribe enjoyed your snuggle cuddle time throughout the day. I know what you mean about the Sunday evening "blues" as the reality of having to begin another week in the trenches come forefront into the mind.

The driveway contractor arrived around 10:30 this morning. I'm not sure if the crew is still here - - I will go out and check on what is happening or what has been done so far today afte awhile. Have spent the better part of the day working on getting the monthly payments scheduled so far. I tried working on a project on the desk top using my HP printer, but for some reason the printer is not being recognized. The printer is listed in the "printer settings" section but not listed in the Control Panel "Programs" list. Have no idea what is going on. I have written this down on my "check sheet" when I call my computer expert to come show me how to use the external hard drive without messing up my files and computer in the process. There are also a couple of "action items" that W 7 is showing about the sound card and the PSIKey - - whatever the heck the PSIKey is - - that he will also look at. The good news is that I was able to get done what I wanted to get done using my lap top with the HP printer. Soooooooo glad I have this gizmo as a "back up".

My precious Noah has had his lunch and is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking his nap. The shade is now on the back of the house and the sunbeams on the front.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - as good as can be expected for a Monday.

Glad to know your laundry time was uneventful yesterday, and that you and your precious fur tribe enjoyed your snuggle cuddle time throughout the day. I know what you mean about the Sunday evening "blues" as the reality of having to begin another week in the trenches come forefront into the mind.

The driveway contractor arrived around 10:30 this morning. I'm not sure if the crew is still here - - I will go out and check on what is happening or what has been done so far today afte awhile. Have spent the better part of the day working on getting the monthly payments scheduled so far. I tried working on a project on the desk top using my HP printer, but for some reason the printer is not being recognized. The printer is listed in the "printer settings" section but not listed in the Control Panel "Programs" list. Have no idea what is going on. I have written this down on my "check sheet" when I call my computer expert to come show me how to use the external hard drive without messing up my files and computer in the process. There are also a couple of "action items" that W 7 is showing about the sound card and the PSIKey - - whatever the heck the PSIKey is - - that he will also look at. The good news is that I was able to get done what I wanted to get done using my lap top with the HP printer. Soooooooo glad I have this gizmo as a "back up".

My precious Noah has had his lunch and is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking his nap. The shade is now on the back of the house and the sunbeams on the front.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear your contractors returned and hope they completed the work to your satisfaction. Sorry to hear you're having printer problems once again and hope your guy can get it fixed.

OK, so on the job front. Got this email today:

"All…I’m going to be on vacation next week but I wanted to update you on the progress of this position. I’m actually trying to get an additional headcount approved so that I can extend two positions to those that I interviewed. However, if I extend one of the offers to you now the requisition that headcount is tied to will be closed and I’ll be forced to post the job again and source through internal and external candidates. I have already interviewed you and have selected two people that I would like to extend offers to if I can get this approved. Please hold tight…"

There were 4 of us; 2 "veterans" and 2 true "temps" (for transition) One would think do the math and count on any justice in the universe , it's in the bag. I'm not thinking that though. Could be she hires a newbie, could just be a delaying tactic and she comes back with never mind, nobody got it. Have to wait another week to see.

Time to pack up and head home to Theresa and Tang. Glad to hear Noah is doing well and getting some sunbeams. I hope today has been most kind to you both and that you have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Wow, things are looking up for you, Tom's Dad. I know it's not "in the bag" yet, but still....it sounds VERY promising. Keep this email as it pretty much constitutes a job offer the way I look at it. Hang in there! Just do your best. I hope Tang and Theresa are well today.
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom.

Thank you. But here again, it does not constitute a job offer because she could just as easily give to one or both of the newbies. God knows they're both hungry enough for it to kiss a fair amount of tail. While I would be very much the former in their place, the latter has never come easy for me and it never will. If it does go that way, I will at least know that I'm not valued and am informally being invited to quit. I thank you for the well wishes, it is most appreciated.

Hope you, Mindy and Shelley are well.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang on this sunny sometimes cloudy Tuesday from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

WOW - - what an e-mail you got from the supervisor. Although it isn't a "done deal" until you get the official word one way or the other, my heart is palpitating with anticipation for you. Nothing like milking the suspense - - typical of management. Hopefully next week you will receive notification that YOU are one of the candidates to fill one of the positions. I know you don't want to raise your hopes, my friend - - so I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this will work out for you.

The contractor was back this morning and the driveway and turnaround are now finished. And it actually looks like a driveway - - better than what it looked 17 years ago when I moved in. The crew worked on building the forms for the front steps and hopefully tomorrow - - weather permitting - - the cement will be poured and all the details will be finished. I am soooo looking forward to having all these things completed.

This morning I was able to go online and download the printer software and drivers and got it installed - - so I have my HP printer working again. YEA!!! I'm glad I was able to "fix" this problem myself. Now that the contractor crew has left for the day I need to make a quick run to the post office to mail the checks for payments I cannot make online. I also received my new cell phone today which is plugged in to charge the battery. Hopefully tomorrow I can begin the process of registering it and porting my current cell phone number. Since I've never transferred a number before this is going to be interesting.

My precious Noah has had his lunch and is curled up next to me enjoying his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. I hate to have to disturb him to go do the errand, but I better take the opportunity while I have it since I don't have the privilege of foreknowledge as to what will happen tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Very warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad to hear your home improvement projects are nearing completion, that's very good news. It's also good to hear you were able to get your printer issues fixed yourself. I can relate to how much satisfaction that must give you.

Yeah, I really don't want to get my hopes up either. No matter how promising the current "facts" look. I've learned that's the best way to set one self up for disappointment. Heck, for all I know it could just be a ploy to keep from paying out any additional holiday pay. But, I will keep you posted.

This morning giving Tang his insulin, I noticed the end of the needle almost poking up past the fluid in the vial. Prompting me to have turn it a bit sideways to get a good draw. So, it looks like I will have to get new vial the next day or so. I'll see what it's looking like tonight. When that happened with Tom, he had a little crash due to it possibly being too concentrated. Fortunately Tang has never had low numbers followed by high and back (yo-yo) like Tom did; he's pretty consistent in the low rang of high most of the time.

It's once again time to pack up and start my trek homeward to the kittles. One down, four to go. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, wet greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you are able to get Tang's insulin okay, and I'm so very glad to know that he is pretty much stable with his sugar levels. I'm so sorry that your beloved Thomas' blood levels were a challenge to keep steady - - this same thing happens with some people too - - some folks are pretty much stable like your precious Tang while others experience the extreme highs and lows as your beloved Thomas.

The crew arrived this morning to continue the work on preparing the steps to the front porch for the finishing of cement. Because it rained today no cement was poured - - which is to be expected. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be more appropriate. For the last 2 hours or so I have been struggling to get my new cell phone activated. Repeated calls to customer service and punching in numerous code numbers finally got me up and running, and I now have my voice mail activated. I ported my current cell phone number, and this has been a whole new experience for me. Net10 has a better plan that will only cost me $15.76 a month as opposed to the $28 I was paying with my previous provider. It's going to take me awhile to get used this new phone, but I'm sure when I get the basics down I will be fine with it.

Noah is letting me know that it's getting close to his dinner time, and I know you are on your way home to your precious companions - - the best part of the day. I hope today treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy 'hump day' to you! You're over the hump, just two more days. I'm glad that Tang's insulin levels are pretty steady, that is a blessing. You probably may already know this, but grain-free cat food can help cats with diabetes. The more protein content a food has the better. I don't know if it would be out of your price range, but EVO is pretty good. Of course it would also depend on whether or not Tang likes the food. My girls are such finicky eaters...I am glad I found foods they both like. Hope you have a pleasant evening with your fur kids! smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam and DannysMom. Hot and Humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah, Mindy and Shelley.

moon_beam, glad your contractors returned and that things are moving forward again. You got your number ported that fast? Obviously your provider is doing something right that my employer isn't wink.gif

DannysMom, thanks for the tip. Your suggestion is most likely out of my price range since the RX diabetic food is. But I'll check into it. Meanwhile Tang and Theresa seem to be doing well on the Iams senior formula as was recommended by Dr. Mills as the next best thing to the RX.

The insulin vial is not quite as low as I had thought. But none the less I will probably write a check for it at Kroger on the way in tomorrow as I get paid Friday. I have to pick up more syringes anyway. And get this. I gambled that maybe I got flack on my RX from my doctor because I had them both filled. This time I just did the Allopurinol and not the Coreg. It's ready for pick up smile.gif I need the former much more than the latter, and will probably still ration in concert with the herbs.

Time to settle in with the kids. I hope today has been kind to you both as well as Noah, Mindy and Shelley. Have a great evening! TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes rainy, hide and seek sunshine humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news about how you and your precious fur tribe are doing.

Hope you were able to get Tang's insulin supplies today as planned as well as your medication. I am glad the natural substitute is working in place of the Coreg prescription. It is important that you keep YOUR good health because your precious Theresa and little Tang NEED YOU, and we here on this forum care about you.

The crew was here early this morning laying the cement for the steps. The passing showers held off until they were literally done as they were placing a tarp over the steps so that the rain would not ruin the cement. We haven't gotten any heavy or steady rain - - just the passing cloud with drips here and there. They will return tomorrow to remove the plywood foundations and re-set the downspout that had to be temporarily dismantled so that they could work on the steps. I was able to make a run this afternoon to the credit union to get more funds to transfer over to my checking account so that the check I write for them will be covered. I'm hoping when all is said and done that I will be able to transfer some "unused" funds back to my savings account - - that would be nice, if possible.

Noah has not been going upstairs over the past several days because of the noise of the contractors working on the driveway and the steps. But very early this morning he did venture upstairs for a little while until the crew arrived to resume their work, and he is upstairs now enjoying his after lunch private time with some sunbeams - - finally - - showing through the west windows. I was able to get my contacts set up with my new cell phone this morning, and it seems to be working okay as near as I can tell. I'm beginning to feel a bit more "user friendly" with it which is nice. I was glad Net10 was able to make the conversion so quickly, and hope I won't need or want to do another cell phone service provider switch again. Between my Net10 home phone and cell phone services, the total cost for both per month is still considerably less than what I was paying over the course of many years for very basic land line services.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make in awhile. Four days down - - with just a little over an hour left to go today - - and one to go in the trenches, my friend. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam> Sunny and warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear your projects are humming along, but sorry the rain hindered you. Glad to hear you have your phones squared away too. Sorry to hear that Noah was stressed by the noise; it's good he got some sunbeams though happy.gif

I did get the insulin and syringes this morning. The Humulin N has gone up again (83.00) dry.gif I remember when I could get the generic at Wal-Mart for around 20.00. But, alas the one by me closed and there are none that it's practical to get to on the bus. I picked up the Allopurinol too and it has 1 refill - YAY! I may still ration until such time as I have affordable insurance. It seems to be working OK so far.

Four down and one to go. Getting ready to pack up and trek home to Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang. I hope today has been most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny T G I F afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your precious Tang's supplies and your med refill as planned. I sure wish there was some way you could get assistance with Tang's insulin. It doesn't seem fair that assistance is available to human diabetics but not for our furkids.

The crew was here early this morning removing the foundation boards around the front steps and re-set the downspout so it is functional once again. The steps look good, but the crew needs to do some cosmetic cement work to give a more uniform and smooth finish, and that will be done when they arrive on Tuesday, 9/3. Then there will just be the matter of installing the handrails. Hopefully this time next week everything will be done.

In the course of all the work on preparing and finishing off the driveway there has been one casualty - - the trellis to the St. Francis statue - - which I discovered yesterday when I was leaving to do the quick errand to the bank. Apparently the operator of the front loader had a collision with the side of the trellis that faces toward the street - - the front loader was provided and operated by a sub-contractor. So I have ordered another identical trellis to replace the parts that have been damaged. Thankfully the statue itself was spared. The new trellis is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday - - good ol' Amazon came through again.

Noah has been enjoying the quiet this afternoon, as have I. He has had his lunch and is now curled up next to me taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious companions, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear that your projects are nearing completion, but sorry to hear about your trellis. Since the contractors broke it, you really should not have to pay to replace it. Did you talk to them about it? It's good the statue is OK though; that would have been tragic.

I too wish I could get help with the insulin. Or that the vet carried it so I could use my discount on Tang's wellness plan. But the good news is it lasts for several months. He continues to respond well to that and his ear is looking fantastic. Theresa continues to get hers cleaned once or twice a week to her chagrin. As you said: "DADDY, Tang is the one that needs this!" It's made her stop making fun of him though happy.gif I bought a can of Friskies by mistake the other day, but Tang seems to like it again, and Theresa does too. So, that's good. I picked up a couple more cans today.

Well, I made it through another week. Everybody else gets a 3 day weekend, but not me (sigh) At least I got a schedule that works with the bus holiday routes. Perhaps by the next holiday (Thanksgiving) I'll have it off or get paid extra for it (crosses fingers) Time to pack up and start my trek homeward to the fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Cat-urday to you, Tang and Theresa. I hope you'll have a nice weekend with y our fur kids. My little ones are so glad to have me home. Mindy was especially playful this morning, chasing Shelley around. It always makes me smile when I hear them both galloping through the rooms. I'm planning on getting some balcony time in with Miss Mindy. It's in the upper 80s today, so I know I won't get chilled out there like I did last weekend.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Stopping by to wish you, Miss Theresa, and Sgt. Tang a Happy Caturday. I hope your day is going well. I'm glad Tang's ear is doing well.

Tabby still comes by to eat. One evening I saw him and a white cat sitting close to each other at the end of the carport, but I could tell they were keeping an eye on each other.......Tabby sure has a way of communicating. I took a can of cat food out and gave him some of it. I came back in the house and my husband went out with some fresh water. He pointed at it and told Tabby here's some fresh water. Tabby hissed and smacked him on the hand, made a scratch mark......Then Tabby walked over to the door and was looking in as if to say, "where's that woman with the can." smile.gif ......Anyway I gave him some more food, Friskies chicken and cheese. He really loved it..............Well, that's my cat-tail for the week....

I hope you and furbabies have a great weekend......I'm always thinking of Angel Sir Tom too........TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm humid Virginia Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your precious Tang is doing so well with his ear and insulin. I know this takes a HUGE concern off your mind, my friend. And it's ALWAYS good news to know that your precious Theresa is her sparkly self bringing joy to her Forever Dad. Hope you were able to get your errands run today expediently so that you and your precious companions can enjoy the majority of this day together.

This morning I thought I would do some chores outside. I finally put the new chain on the chain saw and started the task of taking down some pine tree saplings in the back yard at the garage end of the house that were very scraggly and hindering my access to the fence line. The last sapling "ate" my chain saw. My saw is royally stuck in the cutting groove on the tree and after trying everything I know of and calling on every other tool in my arsenal I simply cannot get it unstuck. So, I have ordered another chain saw from Amazon - - which I had been thinking about doing anyway to have one as a "back up" and now it seems appropriate timing - - which should arrive by this coming Thursday at the latest. The sapling is 3/4 of the way cut through - - so I can cut from the other side and that should be that. I guarantee you the rest of the weekend is going to be very low key activity-wise.

I am not going to make a "big deal" about the trellis. Yes, it would have been nice if the sub-contractor had come to me to tell me what happened and at least offer to replace it at his expense. But his services are a one-time deal only, and the less I focus on HOW that side of the trellis was ruined the better it is for me - - and that is what counts. If the statue itself had been ruined that would have been an entirely different matter.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious companions, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Happy Caturday greetings to you, Mindy and Shelley.

It's always nice when our fur kids get along and play. Mine usually degrade into fights when Theresa antagonizes Tang a bit too far huh.gif

I hope you all have a good holiday weekend together. Thanks for stopping by.smile.gif

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. Happy Caturday to you.

I'm sorry your husband got scratched by Tabby when he was just trying to give him fresh water sad.gif Sadly, many strays are afraid of men as they were likely the abusers and/or who put them out. Bless him for trying though. I can attest, with patience, it can be overcome. I have Tom to thank for that. Bless you both for your continued efforts. I hope you both have a terrific weekend. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Equally hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm sorry to hear about your chain saw. It's good you will be able to get a new one in a timely manner. You are certainly taking the high road on your trellis. But, it was an accident and your statue is still in tact which is the important thing.

Errands went OK. I finally had to break down and get my unruly locks cut. Since I just opened a brand new tub of litter here at home (the heaviest thing I have to lug) I ventured on over to the Kroger shopping center and got what I could carry. That's the nice thing about a Kroger being by where I work - I can space out getting things for situations like this.

To you, LoveMyMickey, and DannysMom: Thanks for the well wishes for Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang. His ear continues to do well and he's responding nicely to the insulin. Hope you all and your fur kids Noah, Mindy, Shelley and Tabby have a most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, quiet, peaceful, lazy Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I hope laundry time went smoothly this morning so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the majority of today together - - perhaps including some balcony time.

So glad you were able to get your errands done in a timely manner yesterday, and am ever so glad there are some "benefits" to your commuting which allow you to take care of some of your errands during the week day as needed.

Yeah, it is a bit of a bummer about the chain saw. It is now officially ruined because yesterday evening we had a very bad storm pass through the area which I know has soaked through the plastic bag I put over it. In fact, the intensity of the storm blew out the socket that my TV was plugged into. It took me several minutes of checking this and that and finally trying a different socket to figure out the problem was with the socket and not my TV - - thank goodness. However, an electrician will be here Wednesday to check out the socket and probably replace it because I do not want it to become a potential electrical fire hazard.

While I was working outside yesterday I noticed that the ground around the base of the beautiful big pine tree at the corner of the fence at the garage end of the house is badly eroded. This tree is decades old, and I fear that it will need to be taken down. This week I will be calling the tree contractor - - who is a licensed arborist - - to come take a look at it to advise me what needs to be done. If he determines that the tree is not salvagable, then it will need to come down as it is very huge and heavy, and can do extensive damage to either my property or my neighbor's property - - depending on which direction the tree would fall if it were left alone. Hopefully one of these days the "contractor saga" will finally be over with.

Noah has enjoyed having me inside with him today. Lunch is on the stove warming and he is eagerly anticipating having some niblets in his bowl when my lunch is ready.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious companions, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Laundry went OK, albeit a bit damp as it was still sprinkling from the nasty thunderstorms we had last night. Tang stayed very near me the whole time as he's still very much afraid of them. I wonder if he will ever get over that unsure.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your chainsaw and electrical outlet; as well as the tree. Just when you were getting your projects near completion too. My heart goes out to you my friend as well as my hopes that this will all work out in the end.

The rain finally did end around the time my laundry was done, so I did allow some balcony time. The wood was still a bit damp on the deck, so it was brief. Theresa actually came in first this time; Tang lingered (perhaps to confront his fear?) Since then it's been cuddle times all around. As I look at the clock I still have a couple more hours of rest before having to "take care of business" for the evening. I have to get up about 45 minutes to an hour earlier tomorrow as that's when the first bus comes along on holiday schedule to allow me to get downtown in time to catch the second one (sigh) A lot of waiting in between.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, I'm so glad you got some balcony time in with your fur kids. smile.gif Poor Tang, I remember you saying he was found in a thunderstorm, so it's no wonder he is scared. Shelley always goes to hide under the bed when we have a storm or even heavy rain. We went out on the balcony yesterday, but it was hot and so Mindy and I went back inside after a little while. It is even hotter today, but I gave my girls some open window time this morning. I may go out on the balcony early in the morning tomorrow. Mindy and Shelley are both fine. Shelley "nagged" quite a bit this morning after I got up. She just meowed non-stop until she got her food which really only takes a couple of minutes, but she is terrible impatient in the morning. Cats! laugh.gif
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom.

Hot and humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious Mindy, and Shelley.

You mention Shelley being frightened of thunderstorms/heavy rain like Tang. Does she have a similar history that you know of? Bless her heart. And I know all too well about the "feed me now" vocalizations. I just got done cleaning Tang's ear and giving him his evening insulin shot. And he was very demanding. "Can food NOW daddy. I always get can food after stupid ear cleaning" Even Theresa gave up her perch on the computer desk chair to get hers. Glad I can get them both to eat the Friskies again. Well, she does not eat it all, but Tang makes sure there is no waste cool.gif As he is doing now while Theresa chases her cat-nip mouse.

Hope today has been kind to you and your girls and that you all have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Labor Day greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - even though you are having to work today. I am so hoping and praying that you will get "the word" this week that you have a PERMANENT position so that you can begin to have some paid time off - - including legal holidays.

Not much going on here today - - thank goodness. I did the security updates and scans on the desk top this morning, and that is about the extent of my activity - - mostly enjoying many cuddles with my precious Noah. Lunch is on the stove warming, and my precious Noah is eagerly anticipating some niblets in his bowl when my lunch is ready.

Tomorrow things will begin to be more active here for the week with contractors once again. At some point in time I need to make a run into town to the vet's office to pick up another bag of Noah's dry food, and the special trash bins will be at the dumpster site closest to me later on this week and I'm hoping to be able to take my assorted collection of items there.

I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious companions, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, I don't know much about Shelley's history. Her previous human got her when she was 8 weeks old. I don't know anything about Shelley's history or her siblings, it's all a big mystery. She is a sensitive cat, that's for sure. A few times I accidentally bumped into her when she was going too fast and I wasn't looking down at my feet. Nothing serious, but she would fluff her tail and run away from me. I had to pick her up and re-assure her with a cuddle that it was just an accident.

I hope your travel home will go speedily this afternoon. I'm sure your fur kids are anxiously awaiting you! smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Happy Labor Day greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Good to hear you got your security updates done and that your projects will soon be back on track. I do hope the latter isn't too stressful for Noah.

As for the "word" We lost 2 more contractors. One we believe quit per her email. The other we believe was let go; being that he was the one offered FT last year and never went to the drug screen. This leaves me, 1 other vet and the 2 "newbs" Whether this is good or bad for me, I cannot say. House cleaning is obviously going on. But will that mean FT for me and the other vet, the "newbs" or a combo of both? Who knows.

Not much else going on. Just thinking about when I can head home to Theresa and Tang. Hoping my first bus is on time so I can catch the 6:45 second bus and get home at around my usual time. They were both bummed to see me go an hour earlier.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Happy Labor Day greetings to you, Mindy and Shelley. Glad you are able to spend time with them today.

Poor Shelley. I can only imagine what she must have gone through. But she has a forever home and you for her loving forever mom smile.gif

Not much going on here at work (updates in previous post) Just ticking down the clock. I hope you and your girls have a had a good day so far, and that you all have a most enjoyable evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid muggy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news as to how you and your precious fur tribe are doing.

I hope your bus connections homeward yesterday went smoothly, my friend. I remember all too well the "holiday" bus schedules when I was a mass transit customer in my much younger years - - so I DO understand what you're having to deal with.

Today has been another busy contractor day. The steps and railings are in so that is done. The contractor is going to give me a cost on power washing the front wood porch and then putting a good stain on it to protect the wood. Since this has never been done since the house was built, and since I am the original homeowner - - it is long overdue, and this, too, has been on the "to do" list for the past 17 years. The tree contractor came this morning and confirmed that the big pine tree does indeed need to come down. There is also a very obvious dying oak tree in the back yard that could play some havoc if it were allowed to just tumble wherever it may will - - so that, too, will be taken down - - and he will finish off clearing out the scrub pines along the fence line that I had started on Saturday. He saw the predicament of my chain saw stuck in the tree, and he got a good chuckle out of that. He understands that the big pine tree needs to come down quickly before it falls, so he promised that he would have a crew out here either before the end of this week or first thing next week. Since this is a "holiday" week, the scheduling of jobs is "minus" a work day plus a fast approaching weekend. Since this tree adjoins my property and that of my neighbor on the garage end of the house, I have written them a letter explaining why the tree is being taken down and that I am paying for the entire cost without any obligation to them. I just didn't want the tree to come down and then have them be upset not understanding the circumstances. It is a beautiful tree - - but the weather has just played havoc with the root system - - as has been the case with many older trees that have come crashing down from all the storms this spring and summer inflicting property damage and, in some cases - - human death. And the contractor confirmed for me that the base of the tree did NOT look impaired when he was here several weeks ago inspecting the property for the trees that needed to come down.

The electrician is scheduled to be here tomorrow morning to inspect and replace the three recepticles that were damaged in this past Saturday's storm. So after the contractor crew left this afternoon I made a quick run into town to pick up another bag of Noah's food as his current supply is down to the bottom of the bag, and to mail the letter to my neighbor - - I mailed it so that it has a tracking number so that I will know when it is delivered but does not require a signature - - as I was driving past their home there were no cars in their driveway - - so they may be out of town visiting grandchildren. My precious Noah was not a happy camper when I left, but is snuggled next to me taking a nap with his paws over his eyes as I'm writing to you. He is my precious little boy.

So this has been the "day in the life" here in Virginia, and I for one am looking forward to a quiet evening. I did not sleep very well last night because the state of the tree had me very concerned - - and I was very concerned as to how quickly it could be taken care of. I will breathe ever so much better when it is removed - - although it will be a sad day, too, to see it go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Beautiful warm and breezy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah. Sorry to hear it's hot and humid there.

My connections went as clockwork smooth as one could hope and I was home slightly ahead of my normal time. I know how you feel about the trees. Sorry to see them go (they are living things too) but must consider your and Noah's safety. I hope the contractor is able to get that taken care of quickly for you. Good to hear your other projects are back on track and nearing completion. I certainly know what you mean about Noah being none too pleased to see you leave; my kids are like that every morning. Trying to get in as much attention as possible. I always tell them I love them, be good and I'll be home as soon as I can every morning when I go.

Not too busy considering it's the first day after the holiday at work. I'll take it. Time to pack it up and start my journey home to Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang hopefully waiting for me in the hall. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So very glad to share your news that your travels went smoothly yesterday with the holiday schedule. This is ALWAYS helpful when you need to depend on public transportation. I can imagine your precious fur tribe was delighted to have you home sooner than expected - - even if was just by a moment or two or three or more. Every minute with our companions is better than all the minutes we have to leave them to go to work, do errands, etc..

Thank you for sharing your comforting thoughts about the big pine tree that will no longer be gracing the property soon. I'm trying to keep in mind that, even though the birds will no longer have this particular tree for their nests to raise their families in, they do have many other trees on the property to re-homestead.

The electrician was here early this morning to check out the receptacles and discovered that the problem was that the receptacles were tied into the same GFI circuit as the upstairs master bedroom bathroom recepticles. If I had known that I would have gone upstairs and re-set the circuit - - no problem. So he recommended that the basement bathroom GFI outlet that is on the same circuit as the upstairs master bathroom be replaced with a standard outlet because it was useless - - and now that outlet works just fine and is managed by the master bathroom GFI circuit. So I have made a note for myself that when my TV is shut down in a storm to go upstairs to the master bathroom to reset the GFI circuit and that should get the TV receptacle and the bathroom receptacle working again. He also checked on the basement stairs light switches - - the one at the bottom of the steps and the one at the top of the steps because they were not synchronized properly. He discovered that two wires in the basement switch were reversed, and now both switches are working properly - - and he did this at no extra charge.

I also got my new chain saw this morning and have unpacked it. I'm hoping the tree contractor will be here tomorrow to begin the work, but if they do not come until early next week I will have a chance to try out my new saw this weekend.

Noah was my very special boy this morning - - as always - - and particularly while the electrician was here. He found his favorite hiding place under the bed where he could keep a safe watch on what was happening without being frightened by the "stranger" in his domain. And he made no attempt to bolt through the door when the electrician came in and out to go to his truck to get supplies, etc.. He has had his lunch and is now snuggled on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window taking a nap. Last night I was so very tired from the accumulation of contractor this and contractor that that I crashed around 8:30 p.m. with Noah snuggled next to me. I didn't wake up until around 5:15 this morning with my precious little boy keeping a loving vigil over me. He usually wakes up around 4:30 or 5 a.m. and goes over to the big window to see if there are any "midnight critters" making their way back to the dens and nests before sunrise. This is a tradition he shared with his big adopted kitty brother Eli and his beautiful baby sister Abbygayle, and I always smile when I see him continuing this tradition in loving tribute to them.

We have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of our home since the electrician left - - which I think both Noah and I needed at this point in time.

You still have about 1.5 hours - - more or less - - to go before you begin your trek homeward to your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious companions, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.