Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well (heat and humidity not withstanding of course) Sorry to hear you couldn’t get settled this morning, but as you say it gave you a chance to get things done and home early to your little man.

This morning I saw Tux Jr and the new little tabby (huddled again in the feeding area) – again he ran off, but not far this time - and just White Cat (loud as usual LOL) at the farther site. Coming back, the Big Orange Tabby managed to commandeer the food, but Little Tabby was still around. They were all gone but Tux Jr (I think he’s taking a shine to me) when I went to work. There was some food still there so I hope Little Tabby got some.

Tang was in good spirits this morning as I got ready for work and we managed to squeeze in some cuddle time as I was putting on my shoes. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

My sup keeps finding creative ways of getting out of our one on one meetings. Last month it was scheduled for Saturday, and this time at the same time as my break. I sent him a message and he changed it. Then sent me a message saying he was busy and cancelling unless I absolutely needed it (I did not of course) At least I got an extra break out of it on him.

Just counting down the time until my shift is over and I can eventually get home to my BHMK (Big Handsome Man Kitty) I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening . TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:26. Tang was at the door to greet me as always happy.gif He gobbled up his supper from a freshly opened can of salmon flavored can food and is settling in as I am. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I know you don't mind not having the "supervisor huddles". When I was working I was always glad when mine were canceled or postponed - - or conveniently forgotten by my supervisor. I hope NOT having them is your supervisor's way of telling you that all is okay. Please let us know how things go.

So glad you saw a good group of the community waifs yesterday in your provisioning and travels. I'm sure eventually the newest member to the tribe will come to know you and trust you as the others do. Always look forward to sharing your news as to how the community waifs are doing.

Today has been very productive. The mowing crew was here early this morning around 7:30- ish. They do a nice job with the mowing. This prompted an early rise for both my precious Noah and me. Got the trash into the trash bin, and then did some "fine tuning" on the overgrowth around the big pine tree in the front yard that the yard crew miss. The long handled pruner tool I purchased earlier this spring is a neat gadget - - it has already paid for itself. Did some work on the big desk top - - updated security programs and paid a couple of bills. And then I retrieved the package delievered at the front door - - the seat riser for my commode. Got that installed, and WOW what a positive difference it makes. No more stress on the arms, back, hips, and knees standing from the "throne" again. YIPPEE!!!

My precious Noah is doing well. He has been keeping me faithful company in all the activities today. He is now letting me know that it's time for his lunch, so will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear you had to "clean up" after the yard crew, but sounds like your pruner saved the day. I hope your new bathroom item continues to help out as well.

I saw most of the waifs this morning, although most of that was after I did the feedings and was on the way to my bus stop. I woke up not feeling well but hoped it would pass. By late morning it really had not, so I had to leave work early. Sup just said send him an email. You may be right about him thinking I don't need help (which I generally don't hence my supervisor access in Tandem) Or he could just be afraid of me like the current director who never speaks to me and won't look me in the eye after our "meet and greet" several weeks ago. Could be the "look" I gave him that basically said "We both know your're full of it" I'm sure you know the type.

Coming in I saw Bobtail getting some shade on a patio, so that's one more accounted for. Tang was glad for some extra time together although most of that time was spent with me relatively unconscious on the couch. Feeling a tad better so hopefully no problems tomorrow.

Tang has had his supper and is settling in. He seem well and in good spirits. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny 80-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday and were able to get an early release from your supervisor so that you could go home. There are so many viruses floating around, and I'm sure you're exposed to many of them using public transportation as well as at work. I'm glad you were feeling better yesterday evening, and hope you're able to go into work today.

Got an email from my sister that she received the tea service yesterday with all pieces intact. So that is a task successfully completed. Not much happening around the homestead here today. The volunteer will be here later this afternoon to take the trash bin out to the street for me and get the mail that has been delivered since Monday. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a brief snuggle this morning after his breakfast. When I woke up I discovered him enjoying a nap on his bathroom window perch.

Once again, my friend, I hope you're feeling better today so that you could go into work. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mostly sunny, hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your sister received the tea set intact.

Thank you for your concern about my well being. While I can say that I feel “better” than I did yesterday (functional at least) I can’t remember the last time I felt “good” dry.gif That being said, I did come to work today and will likely be here for the day.

I think you’re right about our new waif Little Tabby. Aside from my regulars, I saw him in the grass on the hill across from the first feeding area on my way to my bus stop this morning. I bid him good morning as I passed. He looked at me a bit warily and almost bolted – but he didn’t biggrin.gif While I hate to see another homeless waif, at least he is now part of a community where he will be cared for – best I can anyway.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and I made time to have about ½ an hour of cuddles on the bed since he kind of got shorted yesterday morning and again when I crashed on the couch later. He seems well and I will update how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down my time until the end of my shift (more than halfway through the week) I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe an sound at 6:30 on the dot! Tang greeted me at the door but had to wait for his supper. They came to install my new dishwasher and got water all over the floor and one of his food bowls - so I had to throw out a perfectly good bowl of Iams mad.gif Oh and I stepped on two screws they left laying there too. He finally did get his supper and calmed down some (guessing the jerks thought it would be funny to scare him) He's laying at my feet now and seems in better spirits.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry your precious boy was victimized yesterday by the crew who installed your new dishwasher. That would have infuriated me too, my friend. I'm so glad you and your precious boy were finally able to get your evening settled together.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a bit of a snuggle after his breakfast, but once again I found him on his bathroom window perch when I woke up. He kept me company as I did my morning routines, and is now settled comfortably next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

Just a few more hours and you will be heading home to your precious Tang anticipating another weekend together for his Forever Dad. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, hot and humid TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I started to write some nasty comments on the “how did we do” door hanger about the crew. But I think I will just email the manager instead. She has 2 feline companions of her own. After 13 years of my living there, I think they should know better by now.

I only saw Big Tabby on my side of the feeding route this morning (and scared him but not enough for him to run away) I only saw Little Gray (who followed me a bit) and White Cat at the other end. Hopefully I’ll see more tomorrow.

Tang was in pretty good spirits as I got ready for work this morning. We didn’t get much cuddle time, but I’ll try to make it up to him this weekend. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Work has been an endless morass of 3rd party software calls we don’t support dry.gif I will be glad when it’s over. After work I won’t have my hour of TV. Instead I’ll need to trek about a mile in this heat to PNC to get a money order for rent (I was coming up short on the 5th) But that’s better than going all the way out to Outer Loop tomorrow when I have no other business out that way.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:42. How did I do that on a Friday? Simple. On my way from the bank to the closest bus stop to go home, I spied a brand new Dollar Tree. Glad the bus was only 5 minutes late as I thought my fruit would melt wacko.gif But it didn't. Tang met me at the door with cheer happy.gif He gobbled up all his supper and is laying by my feet as I update this post. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot 90-ish feels like 100 Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad your travels home yesterday were better than expected - - it's always nice when things work out better than anticipated. I know your precious Tang was ever so glad to see you home - - sooner than expected for a Friday evening. A special bonus for the both of you - - and well deserved.

It's a good idea letting your apartment manager know what happened with the crew that installed your new dishwasher. There have been times when I have corralled my precious companions in a room while contractors were working inside the house simply to keep them out of harm's way. My precious Noah hides under the bed either until I call him out or he feels comfortable enough venturing forth on his own. There is no excuse for anyone coming into your home for whatever reason to victimize your precious Tang. Please let us know if you get any response from your apartment manager.

Had some financial work to do on the big desk top. Was able to print off a few credit card statements which emptied out my "pending file" a bit. And was able to print off my monthly bank statement which is now waiting for me to tackle the chore of going through the checkbook to check off payments and then do the reconciliation. I'm always glad when that project is done.

My precious Noah and I had a very nice snuggle sleep in this morning after his breakfast. He kept me faithful company while I worked on the big desk top, and is now settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to start getting some lunch in his bowl and start my lunch warming as well.

I hope you were able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together, and will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, warm and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and enjoying some quality time after your tasks.

I decided to wait a couple days to "cool off" about the dishwasher incident and sent the manager the email today - worded much less harshly than if I had sent it that night.

The laundry room was occupied this morning by 2 loads in the driers; one of which was one of my favorites. But since they were all replaced last year and in fairly good working order, it wasn't too much of a hardship. I saw my usual regulars at the nearest feeding area (but not Little Tabby for the past couple days) None at the far site though unsure.gif I did briefly see Other Tux when outside letting my work clothes fluff in the drier.

It was a simple errand day just to Save a Lot and I was home at 9:08. In the interest of saving money I passed on the usual breakfast fare and just got some baloney and loaf of bread (yes, Tang got a few bites - as if I could get away with not giving him some) I got a few cans of sauce for the pasta that Pippin's Mom sent a while back when things were tough. I still have 2 2 LB boxes of the stuff wacko.gif But what ever it takes to save some money until I get caught up again.

The rest of the day has been spent relaxing on the couch with my BHMK for pleasant company wub.gif He just had an early supper of salmon flavored can food with just a hint of the cat milk. I find it makes him eat it all up. He seems to be doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very warm humid 90-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your errands done quickly yesterday so that you and your precious boy could enjoy most of the day together. And am glad you saw some of the community waifs out and about during your provisioning and travels.

My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast but at some point in time he decided he would be more comfortable on his bathroom window perch, and that's where I found him when I woke up. He kept me faithful company while I did my morning routines, and is now letting me know it is getting time to start fixing his lunch, which I will do after I get this sent off to you. Not much happening around the homestead otherwise today.

As always, I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, humid and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and spending some quality time together.

I awoke early this morning to my alarm and proceeded with provisioning the waifs. I saw my "regulars" at the site nearest me but none at the far site - that's 2 days in a row unsure.gif I did see a black cat I've seen a few times here and there around front a few times though.

I then came in and took care of Tang's needs before flopping back down on the couch. He woke me with purrs and snuggles about 8:30 wub.gif Good a time as any to grab a bite to eat to which he got a few from my sandwich - well pieces of the meat, not the actual sandwich tongue.gif

The rest of the day has been spent reading and vegging on the couch with a Planet Earth marathon on BBC America droning in the background. Tang has been there for some quality time and snuggling too. He has just finished his supper and is having an evening "bath". He seems to be doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 80-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your precious boy had a good day yesterday. That's what weekends are for.

Today has been on the frustrating, and somewhat worrisome side. When I went out to get the mail delivered since last Thursday I discovered my mailbox has been totally destroyed - - strewn along the side of the road. I managed to retireve the box itself which had a couple of pieces of mail in it. I called the post office to let them know of the situation and my mail will be held at the post office until a new mailbox is put up. I called the local hardware store and got a name of a man who does "handy" type work, and have left a message on his voice mail requesting assistance. There really is no excuse for this, and the person(s) responsible for the destruction are never identified so that they can be made liable for the damage, incovenience, and cost of replacement. So I will now need to make an errand run tomorrow to the hardware store to get a new mailbox and new numbers for the mailbox.

But although the mailbox issue is aggravating, my primary concern is my precious Noah. He started the day with a furball tummy around 5:45 this morning. He wanted his breakfast so I gave it to him, but he was not eating with the normal gusto. Around 7:30 he comes downstairs and has a major upset tummy from his breakfast, and did not feel up to cuddling with me. Finally around 9:30 or so he came out from under the bed and has been more sociable, and is now settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. I will give him some lunch earlier today, and hopefully it will agree with him. I don't know if the problem is that I gave him his breakfast too soon after the furball tummy episode in that his tummy hadn't sufficiently settled from the upset, or if there is something more "sinister" beginning to happen. I want to see how he does the rest of today, and if he's not doing better by tonight / tomorrow morning then there will be a trip to see his doctor tomorrow. So I ask you to please keep my precious boy in your thoughts and prayers that this event is just a "one time" deal.

Otherwise not much else happening around the homestead today, which is fine with me. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blesngs,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy, very warm and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I’m so sorry to hear about your little man’s upset tummy sad.gif Hopefully it was too soon after his episode to feed him as you say. We will of course keep him and you in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I’m sorry to hear about your mailbox too. You’re right that there is no excuse for this kind of senseless destruction of property. I hope you didn’t lose any important mail and are able to get it repaired with minimal fuss/expense.

Waif attendance was a bit sparse this morning. But it had been raining so it was expected. I saw Siamese perched on the fence – must have learned that from Tux Jr (didn’t see him though) I also saw Little Gray running toward me on my way out to the bus stop. All wet on her back too bless her heart. I assured her there was still plenty of food at the fence.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we managed a few minutes of cuddle time while I got ready for work. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Once again, my friend, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Noah that all will be well. I hope the rest of the day treats you both kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:36. Let's just say today was not a good day for me in regard to travels (sigh) Tang met me at the door as always though, so that brightened my day happy.gif He's had his supper and is settled by my feet. He is doing well. We will say extra prayers to Angels Tom and Theresa for Noah wub.gif

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you so very much for your and your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah. I am extremely relieved to share with you that he is back to his normal self. His lunch and dinner yesterday went well, and he cuddled with me for a long time after I got settled in the evening to watch programs on Hulu. And he was his very normal self for breakfast this morning. So needless to say I'm breathing a LOT easier today. As I'm writing to you my precious Noah is settled comfortably next to me taking a nap. Once again I thank you and your beloved companions for keeping my precious boy, and me, in your thoughts and prayers.

I made the errand run to the hardware store this morning to get a mailbox and other sundry items that go along with installing it. I also was able to take a few items to Goodwill. The person I called yesterday requesting help to install the mailbox hasn't called me back, but while I was in the hardware store the customer service rep gave me another referral. I called the gentleman when I got home and he will be stopping by later today to survey the situation and let me know when he can install the new mailbox. So progress. I thank you for understanding my angst about the situation, my friend. To say I was very aggravated yesterday would be a polite understatement.

I'm sorry your travels yesterday were less than favorable - - I can perfectly understand your aggravation. The good news is that you arrived home safe and sound to your precious Tang - - indeed the best part of the day. I'm so very glad he seems to be able to eat his food, and his daddy treats, without difficulty, and I'm glad you're seeing some of the waifs out and about during your provisioning and travels.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, warm and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I am SO glad to hear he is doing OK. I was worried for both of you. Glad to know Angels Tom and Theresa (as well as mine and Tang’s prayers) were helpful. I hope the handyman from the hardware store contact is able to get your mailbox back up soon with minimal fuss and cost. I don’t blame you a bit for being upset about that.

Waif attendance was good on the site closest to me this morning. I saw Tux Jr, Siamese and Big Tabby (no Little Tabby so far this week) the latter 2 are getting less skittish of me; perhaps they are starting to recognize me and my voice. At the far site I only saw White Cat – and a raccoon unfortunately.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we managed a whole 45 minute “nap” before I had to head off to work happy.gif This month marks my final “payment” for Theresa’s wellness plan, so we are looking for signs of when it may be time to add a new member to our family. I still worry about Tang home alone for 12 plus hours a day. For now, it’s just me and him against the world as the song goes. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down my time until my shift ends and then an hour later until I can trek home. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:26. The saints of travel must have been on my side for a change. Tang was at the door all "Daddy you're home a few minutes early!" happy.gif He's had his supper and is curled up at my feet. He seems to be doing well.

PPS: I saw Bobtail on my way in from getting mail. He was, um, in the middle of his business so not interested in being social. But at least I could see that he's OK.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you so much for your comforting support and encouragement with my precious Noah. He is continuing to do well, for which I am very thankful. Your thoughts and prayers, along with your precious Tang's, and your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's are sincerely and deeply appreciated.

Thank you also for your understanding about the frustration with my mailbox issue. The handyman was here yesterday around 4 p.m. to install the mailbox, and from all appearances it looks in good shape. I called the post office this morning to let them know I have a functioning mailbox again, and supposedly my mail will be delivered today. The handyman told me that if the post office had any problems with the installation to let him know and he would make the necessary adjustments. He's a retired person who enjoys doing small handyman type jobs, so I will be keeping his business card close by as I have several projects that need to be done at some point in time. Such is the way with home ownership. There is no such thing as a "maintenance free" house.

I got a very unexpected call from my brother and sister in law in Bedford last night inviting me to lunch today, so I will be meeting them for lunch at a local restaurant in a couple of hours. So will need to start getting ready soon and get my precious Noah's lunch early today, which I know he won't mind.

I'm smiling at your seeing the community waifs during your provisioning and travels, and I'm sure Bobtail appreciated your understanding with him being "otherwise occupied". It has been awhile since you've seen Tux Sr, and I can imagine you're concerned as to how he's doing. I'm hoping you will see him again soon, and that he will be okay.

I'm soooooooo glad your travels yesterday were improved over Monday's. It is nice when things go smoothly as it makes life so much easier and more pleasant. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad to hear your little man is continuing to do well. Also glad to hear your handyman for your mailbox worked out well. I hope you have a pleasant lunch with your brother and sister in-law.

As it was raining this morning I only saw Little Gray provisioning (she and White Cat are quite the die hards) Still have not seen Tux Sr and hope he's OK unsure.gif I also found out the hard way my sneakers wouldn’t cut it today. So a change of socks and my boots were in order.

Tang was in good spirits this morning even though I only had a few minutes here and there while getting ready for quality time. Besides Tom he’s just about the sweetest most easy going cat I’ve ever known wub.gif One can hope that’s a positive reflection of his all too human dad. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Some others and I were supposed to get some refresher training from a rep from one of the companies that makes one of the terminal families we support, but that was a bust. The rep didn’t arrive until we were supposed to get back on the phones dry.gif

Just counting down my time until this “over the hump” day is over and I am one step closer to making my way home. I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:41 - Alas the travel fates weren't as kind this evening. I saw either Tux Sr or Other Tux on the stairs going to get my mail tonight and Tang was waiting eagerly by the door for me happy.gif He's had his supper and is settling in, no doubt anticipating my doing the same. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy stiffling humid 80-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It's always a blessing to share your news that your travels, particularly homeward bound, get you home safe and sound to your precious boy, although seldom in the most timely manner.

Sorry that your refresher training didn't happen yesterday. Will the training been rescheduled? At least management didn't make you stay AFTER your shift ended to take the training to justify the travel time of the company rep.

Thank you for your comforting support and encouragement with my precious Noah. He is continuing to do well, which is always a blessing of good news to share with you. The lunch with my brother and sister in law yesterday was pleasant. It turned out that the restaurant they selected for us to meet at isn't opened on Wednesdays, so we went to another one at one of the marinas. It is a very popular restaurant with good food but very noisy during peak serving time so it's hard to hear your conversation over the other conversations going on at the same time. Still we had a pleasant time.

Since I didn't have a chance to put the trash in the trash bin yesterday, I did that this morning so that it will be ready for the volunteer later today. As I drove past the location of the new mailbox yesterday on my way to lunch I was concerned that the mail carrier would not be able to easily access it. So I took a walk to the mailbox while I was still outside and apparently the mail carrier was able to reach it from her car to put mail in it late yesterday sometime after I got home from the restaurant. So we'll see how long this location works until this mailbox is "attacked" by a reckless driver, or by one of the UPS or FedEx trucks making a delivery.

Not much else happening here at the homestead today. Just going to try to devote as much of the day I can to spending time with my precious boy. We had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast. He is now settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear Noah is getting along OK still. Too bad about the other restaurant being closed but it’s good that you still had a nice lunch anyway. I’m hoping your mailbox stays undamaged as well.

This morning’s waif attendance included only Tux Jr (friendly as ever) Little Tabby (who I hadn’t seen in a couple days) and White Cat down at the other end. Tux Jr stood guard while Little Tabby ate and also socialized with me - perhaps to show him/her I am "safe" He's a good little cat happy.gif

Tang was in good spirits and since I was so tired getting up this morning, we had a nice 45 minute nap after I got dressed and did the provisioning. I will update how he’s doing when I get home.

The training was voluntary and I am always eager to pick the brains of a vendor. It was aimed at sales reps so it likely would have been fairly remedial. It’s not likely to be rescheduled though.

Just counting down my time until I’m free from my prison and can look forward to heading home. Just one more day to go. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:39 - Travels only slightly better than last night dry.gif I saw Bobtail again having a bath on someone's porch getting my mail. I was also hit with the noise of the end of season pool party (another reminder of why I started waif provisioning under the cover of early morning darkness) Tang met me at the door happily happy.gif I could tell by the way the door was latched someone had been there; the exterminator it turns out. But he wasn't freaked out or hiding. I never heard back on my email on that BTW. He gobbled up his supper of freshly opened can food - no milk even. He's resting comfortably and doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy suffocatingly humid 80-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I remember when I lived in apartments feeling a bit "spooky" knowing that someone had been in the apartment during my absence. I'm glad you found out who it was and for what reason, and I'm sooooo glad your precious Tang was not upset from the intrusion when you got home.

I'm glad your training session wasn't mandatory, and hopefully the next time - - if there is a next time - - the company rep will be on time. ANY additional training you can add to your resume will be a "plus."

This morning I put the mattress pad on the bed and changed the blankets. I'm hoping the added pad will help prolong the life of the mattress awhile longer. I know eventually I will probably need to get a new mattress, but would prefer to wait at least another year before having to make that investment. I had to get a bit fussy with my precious Noah because he wouldn't let me get the blankets on the bed without scruffing them up in the process. So I had to firmly let him know that he needed to let me finish making the bed. Once I got the chore done, I picked him up and told him he was a good boy for waiting patiently, and put him on the bed. We have had a good cuddle together and he is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Not much else happening around the homestead today. It's always good sharing your news that your precious Tang, and you, along with the community waifs, are doing well. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy with some sun and warm TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I know all too well about having to get “stern” with the fur kids. I’m glad all is “forgiven” now and hope your mattress pad works out as well as you anticipate.

I do not even want to talk about work today with all of the underhanded things HQ has been doing to merchants files and not telling us. They are not the ones who have to take these calls

Waif attendance was sparse at first (seeing only White Cat on a porch) But by the time I headed out to my bus stop, I saw Little Tabby, Siamese and Little Gray.

Tang was in good spirits this morning even though our cuddle time was a bit brief. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down the time to the end of my shift and another work week which can’t come soon enough. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:54 - would have been sooner but dopey, hopeful me waited 10 minutes on a UPS bus that never came. Tang was at the door to greet me for Caturday Eve wub.gif He's had his supper and is settling in as I will be soon to Batman Vs Superman on Netflix (which I'll watch in 3 parts as 2.5 plus hrs is a bit much for me) My baby boy is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny sometimes cloudy humid 80-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious Tang, you, and the community waifs are doing well.

Sorry management is making things difficult for you and the other employees in the call center, which seems to be management's purpose whoever the employer. I'm sure the customers are frustrated when they call but I know you're able to help them get things back on the right track which I know they sincerely appreciate - - even if they fail to tell you.

Worked on the "bill-a-thon" this morning with my precious Noah keeping me faithful company at the desk. I haven't done the reconciliation yet with the bank statement but will get to that at some point in time. The mattress pad is quite comfortable, which I'm pleased to share with you. It was nice laying in bed last night without feeling the mattress springs.

Soon it will be time to get some lunch for my precious Noah so will get this off to you. I hope you were able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together, and will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your mattress pad is working out for you.

I awoke this morning to my alarm and proceeded to provision the waifs. I only saw Big and Little Tabby and I thought I caught a glimpse of Siamese later on. None were down at the far end. I hope they're OK unsure.gif

I came back in and proceeded to take care of Tang's needs and then off to do laundry. I had the room and all the machines to myself for the duration which is rare but appreciated.

I had a "long" errand day since I had books at the library to pick up that couldn't be held longer. I did mange to come in slightly under my desired budget at Kroger for a change though. I got back here just before 11:00 and lucked out on the weekend leasing agent just coming in so I could load up my laundry card. I liked that since I didn't have to go all the way to my apartment with my groceries and come back.

The rest of the day has been spent relaxing with my sweet boy who gave me headbutt snuggles and kisses on my face wub.gif He's just had his supper and is doing well. Just about time to settle in for the evening.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday to you and Lt. Tang! I hope you both are doing well.

Sounds like you have quite a few little waifs to feed. Both Blackie and Socks came by for breakfast this morning. They only ate the can food and left the dry food. I needed birdseed and dry cat food, so I made two orders to Amazon trying to get them on different days. Amazon outsmarted me and put both big bags in one box. I caught the Fed-X guy at the door and he put the box on the inside for me. It's really hard keeping everything fed, but worth it. Haven't seen or heard Mr. Mouse for quite awhile.

We got a lot done this week, lawn mowed by our regular guy and 2 others trimmed bushes down in the back yard and off the electric line. One guy is coming back when we're ready to take away some old tvs and boxes we have accumulated in the basement.

Also I'm finally getting my mom's estate settled. Her lawyer had retired and nobody had told me, but I found the 2 lady lawyers that took over his office. They are nice, one is going to appear in court for me so I won't have to. After being in the nursing home she had nothing left anyway except for a few dollars in the bank and the bank threatened to send it to the State. So I got that stopped.

I had better go watch tv for awhile. Have a safe and cozy evening with your precious Tang. I know our little angels are watching over us.......God Bless.....TTFN

P.S. Moon-beam, I'm so happy that Noah is doing ok. I was worried and me and my angel babies said prayers....

LMM.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores and errands done yesterday in a timely manner, and without breaking the budget, so that once you got home you were home to stay with your precious boy for the rest of the day and evening.

Not much happening around the homestead today, as Sundays are always planned to be low key days. My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. We may be getting some storms later on as a "cold front" comes through the area that is supposed to finally break this sultry humid weather giving us pleasant temps in the low 80's with low humidity. If this actually happens it will be nice to be able to have the big door open and gated again for at least a few days this week.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM.

Sorry to hear the bank was being so nasty in regard to your mother's estate, but glad you have some nice lawyers willing to help out getting it all settled. I'm glad to to hear Blackie and Socks have been coming by to take advantage of your kindness.

I know the feeling in that it seems difficult in keeping up with feeding the waifs, but as you said it's worth it. Good thing you were able to get the Fed Ex guy to bring the bird seed and dry cat food in for you.

I hope you, hubby, and your waifs had a pleasant Caturday and have a good evening tonight with our angels looking over us. TTFN

TT and tT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Going to have to be a bit brief this evening as I'm so tired. I reconnected with a co-worker from about 10 years ago on FB and she and I ended up talking on the phone until almost 3 AM blink.gif (needless to say I had more than a little crush on her at the time, but the timing was terrible)

I laid down for a few hours before provisioning the waifs and taking care of Tang. I've napped on and off throughout the day, but still feel a bit "sluggish" Hopefully a nice hot shower will fix that.

Tang has just had his supper and is settling in. He is doing very well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 80-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to re-connect with your friend. Sounds like you both had a lot of catching up to do with your news. Perhaps you can keep in touch more frequently now.

It has been a busy morning working on scheduling online bill payments. Also made a trek to the mailbox - - a very pleasant walk today because of the low humidity. Apparently the mailbox is okay with the mail carrier as I haven't yet received any notices to make any changes to the location. So this is good news.

My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast, and he has been keeping me company while I worked on the big desk top. He is now letting me know it's getting time for some lunch in his bowl, so will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant (for a change; shame to be inside) greetings to you and your precious Noah I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad to hear your new mailbox is working out and hope it stays that way.

As it turns out, reconnecting with this person was probably a mistake. In addition to sleeping most of Sunday and therefore shortchanging poor Tang on attention, she called me twice last night after I’d gone to bed. The first time I didn’t hear and the 2nd time (at almost midnight!) I did because it woke me up. I let it got to VM but I woke up feeling like I hadn’t slept at all this morning dry.gif

Waif attendance this morning just had Siamese at the closest station. But at the farther one I saw White Cat and going to the mailbox to return a Netflix DVD, I was greeted by Bobtail and Tux Sr biggrin.gif The latter looking OK but for what looked like an old injury healed over on his face. Or it could have just been a smudge of dirt. The latter I hope as he already has that kink in his tail sad.gif I was just glad to see him doing OK.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and given the “happenings” this weekend I made sure we had some nap/cuddle time before I was off to work. I’ll update how he is doing when I get home.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:38 - That I hope this clown was a substitute and not our new regular driver is all I'm saying about that. Tang met me at the door none the worse for wear after our difficult weekend (bless his heart) He's had his supper and is settling in. He is doing well happy.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw some of the community waifs in your provisioning and travels yesterday, and particularly Tux Sr since it has been quite awhile since you last saw him. I'm also hoping the smudge you saw on his face is not from an injury - - but if it is it may be why you hadn't seen him for awhile as he was giving it time to heal. Please continue to let us know how the waifs are doing.

Sadly some people don't understand acceptable "paramenters" or "boundaries" in relationships, and this may be the case with your friend. Hopefully you can guide her to call you during the daylight hours, and restrict the conversations to a specific time limit if you want / need to. Please let us know how things go - - whatever you feel comfortable sharing with us.

There is some storage space underneath the basement stairs which I have taken advantage of over the years. In my stronger days this wasn't a problem, but accessing the area now is a bit challenging. A few days ago I needed to get something from that area, and discovered that it was "filled to the gills" with a lot of things that I no longer use and will never use again, and some items - - like medical equipment from the automobile collision - - that I need to continue to keep for that "just in case" scenario. I was able to get what I wanted a few days ago, but knew that I needed to tackle the job of sorting through the "stuff." So I did that this morning. There are a couple of crates that I can donate to Noah's veterinary care provider if she wants them. The rest of the "stuff" is headed for the special trash bins the next time I go. I also managed to do a load of laundry that is now in the dryer. Still have several more loads of laundry in the basket that will eventually get done.

My precious Noah and I had a wonderful snuggle this morning after his breakfast. We are enjoying having the big door open and gated again today to enjoy the wonderful low humidity levels. He has been keeping vigil over the activities, and is now settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you had your hands full with your storage space. I hope you are doing OK after such an ordeal. Glad to hear you could have the big door open today. I'm sure Noah appreciated that smile.gif

I tried to set some boundaries with this person on FB yesterday, but sure enough she called me again last night. Not as late as before, but late enough. I let it go to VM and deleted it. My time during the week is limited and it may sound selfish, but I value that time for myself and for Tang. I reluctantly decided to block her on FB and my phone. She means well and isn’t harassing me per se’ (unlike someone else I had to block if you know what I mean) But I feel it’s the only way to preserve my sanity. She is sweet and going through some difficulties health wise, but enough is enough.

I didn’t see Tux Sr this morning but I did see Siamese (no Tux Jr for a couple days be he “disappears” from time to time like Sr) Little Gray and Bobtail who was social which made Little Gray almost curious enough to some up to me – almost.

Tang was in good spirits this morning but we had less cuddle time due to my above mentioned blocking online. I will update how he’s doing this when I get home.

Just counting down my time until the end of another day (sigh) I hope travel is better tonight than this morning (knock wood) The morning bus was 30 minutes late and when I called TARC I was told the coach’s radio and GPS were “broken” (how convenient)

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits. The Forums link was down yesterday while I was online, so I wasn't able to read your post from Tuesday evening. Am glad you and your precious boy are doing well, and am glad you saw some of the community waifs during your provisioning and travels. Am glad Tux Sr is back on the scene, and am glad Little Gray is slowly learning to trust you through Bobtail and other waifs, and through your patient comforting presence.

I'm sorry you have needed to block your friend from your phone and facebook, but absolutely DO understand so very well how you feel when you share with us "My time during the week is limited and it may sound selfish, but I value that time for myself and for Tang. I feel it’s the only way to preserve my sanity." I felt EXACTLY the same way particularly while I was working and wanting to focus my time at home to my precious companions. Perhaps at some point in time you can contact her again to see how she's doing - - if / when you would want to.

Working a bit on financials this morning while my precious Noah enjoys sweet slumbers on his bathroom window perch. We had a nice snuggle after his breakfast. Yesterday was busy with errand runs. It's nice to be able to take care of some of my "normal" things without assistance, but it's also nice to have that assistance when I need it.

I hope your day at work and travels yesterday treated you kindly, my friend. As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I got your email and replied. Sorry it was so brief, but as I said this new driver is a habitually late running idiot. He’s been 10-20 minutes late every day this week.

My gut is telling to leave well enough alone in regard to my former co-worker. I think she’s going to require a lot more attention that I have to give, and I’m not short changing Tang again.

The waif attendance this morning was rather dismal – just Big Tabby. And there was a bit of food from yesterday still there at the first site. I hope the others are doing OK unsure.gif

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we had about 40 minutes of cuddle time before I had to set out to my bus stop to work. I will post more on how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down my time with one more day to go until the end of the work week (which can never arrive soon enough) I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at (are you ready for this?) 7:05 mad.gif I am calling TARC in the morning. He drove purposely slow and deliberately hit every red light. IF that is not retaliation, I don't know what is. The upside is I'm home to Tang and he is well wub.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry your travels have been so frustrating this week. It certainly seems that TARC hires whatever "warm body" applies for a driver position. You're doing the right thing in letting management know what is happening, although you have no control over what will be done to correct the situation. I know it's so very frustrating getting home to your precious boy late every evening for no good reason. Still, the good news is that you do get home to him safe and sound and your precious boy, and you, are doing well despite the needless aggravation. Please let us know how things go with your complaint to TARC.

Not much happening around the homestead so far today. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle this morning, and he kept me company while I did my morning rituals getting ready for the day. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

The good news is today is FRIDAY, and in a few hours you will be homeward bound to your precious prince Tang for another weekend together. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient (as hope does spring eternal) so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and somewhat humid TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and spending quality time together.

When I got home last night I had an email response to the complaint I filed online. It stated the driver will be “talked to” about the issue. Given what happened last night (31 minutes late pick up 41 drop off) I’d say it had the opposite desired effect dry.gif I called this morning (I refuse to do it at night because of wasted prepaid cell minutes and the nasty guy that answers the phone) and filed a whole new complaint in addition to the email I answered.

Waif attendance was a little better this morning. I saw none at the first stop but Little Gray greeted me at the other. I also saw White Cat lurking in the bushes. On the way back I saw Tux Jr and Siamese but both kept their distance. I’m guessing someone was mean to them (again) Such sweet cats; they really don’t deserve that.

Tang was in pretty good spirits this morning and we had about 30 minutes rest/cuddle time before I had to set out to work. I will update how he’s doing when I get home.

Counting down my time until (as you said) my work week is over. Just one more full one until I have an extra day off for the holiday which I am looking forward to.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:54 (hope springs eternal, but my patience doesn't) But that was with a Dollar Tree run and walking home. The monthly community newsletter was on my door and my hands full with my items, so I had to fiddle with the lock. Tang was like "OH! It's you daddy. You scared me!" wub.gif He's had his supper and we are settling in. He is well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Life is challenging enough without having to deal with the added aggravation of deliberate public transportation problems. I don't know the "heirarchy" of TARC management, but I must say if it were me I would by now be writing a letter to the president / CEO of the company including a list of my complaints, the names of the managers who responded to my complaints, the names of the drivers (if possible), and the continuing lack of resolution to the problems. You are paying for this service - - and as such YOU are the employer of the company. There is no necessity for the problems you - - and other passengers - - are experiencing. It sounds to me like there needs to be a public investigation about the practices of TARC management - - and the bus drivers. Please let us know how things go with your newest complaint.

Did some work on the big desk top this morning - - paid a couple of bills online and got a couple of projects done as well while my precious Noah enjoyed a long nap on his bathroom window perch. He is now settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl.

I'm so glad you were able to get some of your errands done yesterday evening and home to your precious boy safe and sound. I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy most of this day together, and will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I already emailed TARC's "upper management" including the CEO (or whatever his title is) none responded except the latter ironically. Despite his "assurances" it would be corrected, one can only expect so much from a hopelessly alcoholic figurehead. Several drivers over the years have commented they'd never seen him sober, and sure enough logging on to You-Tube proved them right dry.gif TARC is a bloated semi government funded monopoly and they aren't afraid to tell you "Don't like it? Call a cab or walk" They are the only public serving agency to escape scathing audits years back and I'm sure it was because they had the foresight to offer up a bribe to the auditor.

I was up with my alarm this morning and got laundry started (room to myself again) Waif attendance included Big and Little Tabby, White Cat and Tux Jr on my way back through. I then took care of Tangs needs.

I had to go to the library again, so a trip to Kroger was on the agenda. I was at just 27 cents over my desired budget until I remembered I forgot the litter (which I did get after I self checked out) and they charge 2.00 more than Save a Lot for the 14 LB tub (sigh) I also forgot a few things too. Nothing I can't live without until next week. IT was too darn hot and humid to drag out my travel with a side trip to Save a Lot.

This put me home just before 11:00. I had some lunch (of which Tang got a few customary bites) Then the rest of the day has been spent reading, watching TV and napping. Mostly napping. These work weeks take more and more out of me as time marches on. But since it seems unlikely in the extreme that I will come into enough money to retire early or get a job where I at least don't have to deal with people, it is what it is as the saying goes.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

WOW!! I am completely stunned at TARC's blatant advertising as you share with us "Don't like it? Call a cab or walk". That is sooo incredible. It does seem like you are in a "losing battle", my friend. Since TARC receives government funds then have you thought about contacting your congressman and senator about the situation? The saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the most attention - - and sometimes perseverence eventually gets results. I'm truly very sorry you, and the other passengers, are having such a horrendous transportation problem. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

Not much happening around the homestead here today as Sundays are always low key. My precious Noah and I had a nice sleep in this morning. When I started to get out of bed I got a protest from my precious boy, "Hey, mom, I'm not ready to get up yet." But he followed me to the bathroom and I gave him a lift onto his bathroom window perch where he has settled into his lamb's wool cushion for a snooze as I'm writing to you.

I'm glad you were able to get your chores / errands done relatively quickly yesterday so that you and your precious boy could enjoy most of the day together. I'm also glad you were able to see some of the community waifs yesterday during your provisioning / travels. I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon _beam. Unbearably hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well - despite his protests to rising.

Contact my congressmen? laugh.gif Sorry, I'm guessing you're not aware of who they are. Politics in KY are about as corrupt as they come. And that auditor TARC bribed all those years ago? She went on to be Lt. Governor. Barry Barker and company have not lasted all these years being shy about being corrupt. Although, I wonder if they answer to the public service commission like the power and water companies?

Waif attendance was pretty sparse again this morning. Just White Cat and Tux Jr. the latter whom I spent some time talking to and petting on my stairs.

Tang has been in pretty good spirits today and has laid on my chest and given me many head butt nuzzles wub.gif He's having an early supper and we will be settling in soon. Another week in the salt mines before an extra day off.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Good Sunday evening to you and Lt. Tang. I hope you both are doing well. We're doing ok here.

Blackie and Socks still show up for breakfast. Fluffy and Stryker never did come back. So many cats disappear and residents have reported seeing coyotes, so I wonder.......

About corrupt state government, the new govenor, as you know, came in trying to change everything, some things good and some not so good. He gets sued quite a bit. All these politics local and national can get a bit boring and you don't know who to believe.

Well, Tracy, I hope you have a good work and transportation week. Have a peaceful and cozy evening with your precious Tang. Sounds like your little angels are sending you lots of butterflies this year. Sometimes when I'm sitting on the patio, I don't see any butterflies. Then I say, "Mickey send me a butterfly' and one will show up. A coincidence? Maybe, I don't know. The other day a hummingbird came straight toward my nose and flew away. I had on a bright pink top so maybe he thought I was a big flower.
biggrin.gif

God Bless.......TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

Hope you folks had a good evening. I'm glad to hear that Blackie and Socks still show up for breakfast but am sad Fluffy and Stryker never did come back sad.gif I hope nothing bad happened to them. Don't get me started on the new governor. He gets sued a lot for a reason. But you're right in that the alternatives never seem any better.

I hope you and hubby and the waifs have a great day and that Angel Mickey sends you lots of butterflies wub.gif

TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I do so understand the futility you're feeling in contacting any level government official about the ongoing problems with the public transportation. I, for one, do not understand why anyone in their right mind would want to be a politician - - which is one of the reasons why I never did well in history classes while I was in school because I never understood the "politics" associated with it - - I don't possess the "power mongering" mentality. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you soldier on every day getting to your destinations.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. My precious Noah is on his bathroom window perch having a nice nap as I'm writing to you. Tomorrow morning I have my dental appointment, so that will be an "event" for me.

I'm so glad you have a long Labor Day weekend to look forward to, my friend. Until then, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope all goes well for you at the dentist tomorrow.

Turns out I won't need any help with transportation (TARC) tonight as aches, pains and a certain rumbling in my tummy had me leaving work early - and unfortunately using the last of my PTO (my last 2 PH days are already spoken for) At least Tang was happy to see me home so early with loving head butts.

The rest of the day hasn't been worth much needless to say. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. If nothing else, it's one day closer to a legitimate extra day off.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well - - you feeling better - - and in good spirits.

Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday, and am glad you were able to get an early release from work so that you could go home to rest and be with your precious boy - - who is the best medicine. I hope you're feeling better today so that you can go into work. Please let us know how you're doing.

The dental appointment went well, and the best part was being able to drive myself. Having some form of my independence again is a blessing. As I was getting ready to leave my precious Noah hid under the bed - - probably with visions of being tricked into a veterinary visit, but was eagerly waiting for me when I got back home. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Our snuggle time this morning was shortened because of my need to get ready for my dental appointment, so I'm hoping we can have some extra snuggle time at some point today.

We have been blessed the last couple of evenings with a visit by a young deer in the back yard. It's so nice to see the wildlife feeling comfortable on the property.

Once again, my friend, I hope you're feeling better today - - whether or not you're able to go into work. And if you were able to venture forth, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear your dental visit went well and also that you have been blessed to see the wildlife frolicking around the area.

No better today, so I stayed home. This means if I can't borrow from my PTO bank from next year (which I doubt) I'll have to work on my birthday and use the PH for today (sigh)

Tang's been great though with lots of cuddles and head butt nuzzles to my face. Not much else going on I'm afraid.

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well - - hopefully you beginning to feel better - - and the both of you in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you still weren't feeling good yesterday. You did the right thing in staying home - - even if you have to work your birthday, or perhaps trade off another PTO day already approved. Please let us know how you're doing.

My precious Noah and I had a wonderful sleep in this morning. Have taken care of the trash and am enjoying my precious boy settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Not much on the agenda activity-wise today.

Once again, my friend, I hope you're feeling better today - - whether or not you're able to go into work. As always, I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, and that you and your precious boy can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and humid with occasional rain greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I was feeling (marginally) well enough to come to work today. What gets me about this job is 1.) I’m painfully aware I need it and 2.) All the people around here who literally get paid to do nothing and/or goof off. What does make me chuckle is that they are delusional enough to think that when the company outsources all our call volume (most already is) that they will keep this office open just for they that don’t take calls. Dream on. Apparently, my sup must have anticipated my question about borrowing PTO (before going out of town for apparent training) because 8 hours of PH was put in for yesterday already. I’m still thinking of going home early on my B-Day on the new 45X 2:30 bus they added and just eating a couple hours pay. We’ll see.

The waif attendance this morning was a tad disappointing. Just Siamese and Tux Jr at my end and Little Gray at the other – which was nice since I had not seen her in a while. She still kind of follows me and “talks” to me happy.gif

Tang was in fair spirits this morning if none too pleased at my returning to work. We had about a 40 minute cuddle/nap before I had to go. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:37 - same driver but not quite as late as last week. We'll see what happens. Tang promptly greeted me at the door wub.gif He has had his supper and is relaxing comfortably. He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid forecasted to be a bit on the stormy side sometimes Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you felt well enough to go back to work yesterday, although still not feeling up to par. I know how crummy that is to have to go to a job when you're still not feeling well. I hope you were able to get some good rest last night with your precious boy by your side, and are feeling better today.

I can understand your considering taking the 2 hour unpaid time to keep your day off on your birthday. It's a balance between the needed funds versus the mental health. I have done this same thing when I was employed opting for the mental health side versus needed funds.

This morning I woke to find my precious boy settled comfortably on his bathroom window perch, but we did have a nice snuggle before he decided he would be more comfortable elsewhere. I was able to finally do the reconciliation with my checkbook and the bank statement this morning, so that's done. My volunteer was here for awhile to chat and take the trash can to the street and get my mail. My precious Noah has his lunch and is now doing his "spruce up" as I'm writing to you. My lunch is on the stove warming and will be ready soon.

Once again, my friend, I hope you're feeling better today, that today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Somewhat hazy but quite pleasant (81 and low humidity) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and spending quality time together. Glad to hear your volunteer was out to give you a hand today.

I’m feeling better today, thank you. Physically anyway. I don’t know that there is anything to be done about my mental state. I’m still mulling over what to do about my birthday. I’m thinking about working partial days then and election day and just leaving early both days with pay. That would still leave me 4 hours of PH in my bank.

Waif attendance included only Tux Jr (who was his usual amiable self) White Cat (hiding in the bushes) and the gray tabby I’ve seen a few times on the fence but in the pool area this time.

Tang was in pretty good spirits this morning and we had about ½ an hour of nap/cuddle time – well about 15 minutes for him as he decided he had better things to do rolleyes.gif I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down my time until I can leave. Just 1 more day until a 3 day weekend which can’t come soon enough. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at sound at 6:36 dry.gif About like last night. There was urgency in the driver's pace, but I'm not declaring any victories yet. Tang was the door waiting for me as usual - who says cats aren't as loyal as dogs wub.gif He's had his supper and snuggled up at my feet awaiting his "after shower" treats happy.gif He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy very humid 70-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your day was fairly decent yesterday both at work and travel-wise. But as decent as the days at work and travels might be there still is no substitute for the moment when you arrive home to your precious Tang. And I know your precious boy feels exactly the same way.

Not much going on around the homestead today. My precious boy and I had a wonderful snuggle time this morning before I had to get up, and he eventually joined me in my morning routines. He is now settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I'm so glad you will have this 3-day weekend to share with your precious boy. I know you're already counting the hours and minutes to when you can leave your post and begin your trek homeward. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.