Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm so o oo chuckling about how your precious furkids KNOW when you are LATE. Noah gives me a "royal scolding" when I am delayed getting home, too. The good news is that all it takes is cuddle hugs and chin rubs to put things right again - - and peace reigns once again.

I'm sure the extra funds will come in handy with the OT. I"m not allowed to work "overtime" anymore, but all the years (yes, years) that I did I went in to the pit 30 minutes early. Sometimes it helped, while other times when I left for the day I felt like I had gotten very little accomplished in the mindless paper pushing. Now that the company is conserving on money because it is no longer financially stable I am prohibited from getting paid for any "extra time", and that suits me just fine because that finally takes the pressure off me - - which I'm sure my employer didn't intend. Ooops!!

Yes, I remember the bus transportation days very well even though it has been many, many, many, - - MANY - - years since I was living in an area that provided public transportation. I'm sorry that the connections didn't work out for you last night, but hope that your travels home this evening are better.

Noah is letting me know that it's getting time for his dinner, - - he is doing his kitty dance in front of the computer monitor making it extremely challenging for me to see what I'm writing. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

And congrats. You have posted the 500th comment on this thread. Hard tp believe it's been going that long. Tonight my buses were on time. And I've gotten my walk time down from 20 minutes to 15. So, getting a little better I guess. Both were there to greet me as if to say "Well, it's good you got home on time tonight, dad" Be glad you don't have to do OT any more. I only put in about 5 hours so my net is on par with some of my better paying jobs over the past 5-6 years. Oh how I'd love "mindless paper pushing" instead of dealing with all those nasty folks in the so called general public. Funny, there was a time WAY back when I had ambition, that that kind of job I'd find horrifying, but not any more. Anyway, home with the kids. 3 Days down 2 to go. I hope Noah got his dinner and enjoyed. Peace, and TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this chilly Thursday evening. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits - - which I know will happen when you turn the key in the front door to your castle and are greeted by your precious furkids.

So glad that your mobility is getting a little bit easier with time. I know this helps to lift your spirits. I have been doing paper pushing for 40 years. The only challenge I have with my current job is staying awake while doing it - - I do what I do and have done it for so long I can literally do it without thinking. There is no satisfaction in what I do and no purpose to it - - except that it's a job that "someone" would do for a paycheck and I just happen to be the warm body filling the position. I find it very difficult to be thankful for "a job" where I am frequently reminded that "anybody can do what you do". More times than not now I wish "anybody" could have the job. I can relate to your challenges of being on the phone and talking with customers, some of whom are undesirable. I also answer the phone in addition to the brain dead paper pushing, and some clients are rude by nature. The one good thing about the job for me is that I usually have to forward their calls to a nursing supervisor so I really don't have to "deal with" some of the really unfriendly patieints. I wish you could forward your cranky customers to another rep to deal with, my friend.

Noah thoroughly enjoyed his fish selection canned food dinner last night, and we had a good snuggle before lights out. I hope you and your precious furkids also had a very peaceful and blissful evening last night, and will have one this evening. Tomorrow is Friday, my friend. Just one more day to get through until you have a weekend to enjoy with your precious fur family. Will you be getting your groceries tomorrow after work, or will you wait until Caturday - - if you need to get provisions / run errands.

I hope life is treating you and your furkids kindly today, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your cherished friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I certainly hope nobody actually says to you 'anybody can do that job'. If so, they are probably 20-30 something jerks who probably still live with their parents. I dated one of those a few years back, and it was not fun. I also have a job anybody can do with a little bit of patience. I never thought I'd miss help desk and tech support work, but I do now. Heck, even 2nd or 3rd shift mainframe computer operator would be a welcome return. Mind numbingly boring as that was. At least I didn't have to deal with people and the pay was better.

Getting out at 6:30 once again did no good for the exact same reasons as Tuesday. mad.gif And the kids are all wound up about it too (sigh) At least the up side of working to close tomorrow is I get to sleep a little later. I will do my Kroger run on Caturday this week if for no other reason than needing to get coinage from the bank for laundry. Speaking of which, one more day in the pit to get through. And if today's call volume was any indication, I'm NOT looking forward to it.

I'm glad Noah enjoyed his canned food smile.gif I know how much Tom loved his. I've discontinued it here because the last few times Thersa threw it up, and I see no reason to get Tang hooked on it. So I stick to those treats that are hard outside/chewy inside at night. Speaking of which, I guess I'd better get to it. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a special treat for me to log in and get caught up on your news. Yes, throughout my life several people / supervisors have said those exact words to me - - including my current employer - - so they are permanently branded on my brain now.

Getting your groceries on Caturday will get you and your furkids back into the "normal" routine. I am so sorry that your travels home last night were frustrating time-wise, and I can just see your precious Theresa and little Tang waiting at the door with their front paws crossed tapping one of their back feet saying, "We have been waiting for you - - where have you been???!!!" And then - - the purrs and rubs "oh daddy, so o o glad you're home safe and sound."

I hope your travels home will be easier this evening, my friend. It's Friday, and you have this evening and the weekend home with your precious furkids. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry that those people said such ugly things to you sad.gif But, I know the feeling. Today was a bit rough as the pain in my foot decided to move to the bottom/ball and it really hurts. I had to call my cabbie just to get to work. But he charged me a flat rate that was less than the meter. He's agreed to pick me up from my bus stop when I get there later on. I hope he picks up the phone.

I'm having time to reply because this has been not just the slowest Friday, but the slowest day period for some time now. But the people I have spoken to have been ugly. Less than 30 minutes and I'm free. I'll post more when I get home. Peace

TTT.
Tom's Dad
God and the universe were kind to me this evening. Both buses right on time and my cabbie met me at the stop to get home. Tomorrow (Caturday) I will pick up my RX NSAID which I hope will knock out this nasty pain. Both kids met me at the door right on cue. They are all wound up this Friday night. Theresa thought it would be fun to "engage" Tang while doing his business in the litter box ohmy.gif I shooed her away and asked how SHE would like that. Not much by the AW SHUCKS, GEE WHISKERS look she gave me wink.gif

I'm going to take a nice hot shower, get off this foot and enjoy the fur kids this fine Caturday Eve. Peace and TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a blessing logging in to share your news, my friend. I am so o o thrilled that your journey home last night was so helpful for you. I hope the medication you get today will help you with the pain in your foot - - and everywhere else. I truly do know what you are going through, my friend - - one moment no pain and the next moment in excruciating pain "somewhere." I wish you physical comfort, my friend, so that you can focus on the joy of being home with your precious furkids.

I am so o o chuckling about your precious Theresa and her hijinks with little Tang. Oh yes, my little ones would pull the same antics on each other from time to time, and I would have to do the same "intervention" that you needed to do last night. By any chance did Tang enforce your intervention when he was finished?

I hope your errands are accomplished quickly, my frieind, so that you can get home to be with your precious furkids. I am sooo o glad you have your cabbie friend to rely on to help you. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very pleasant Caturday, my friend. Thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

No, Tang let it go to his credit wink.gif Apparently he was content to let dad take care of it. But the whole thing was kind of humorous (after the fact) This morning's running got done early. I called my cabbie @ 8:15 telling him the bank opens A 9:00. He said why wait I know a car wash along the way where you can get quarters. He even got out of the cab and got them for me. So, I got it all done before 10:00 which is when it's usually just getting started.

This morning I woke up about 7:00 on my own. Since I had time, me and Tang had some nice play and cuddle time I usually don't have time for. Which was a nice Caturday bonus. The indomethecin is already taking effect, thank goodness (this time my dr gave me a refill option). That and rest will hopefully whip it over the weekend. Hoping your and Noah's Caturday and weekend is pleasant. Peace and TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Good Evening Tracy.....Just stopping by to see how things are going and to wish you a happy Caturday. Sounds like you had a successful early morning. I hope the meds get rid of your pain.

Okay Mr Tang, it's probably too cold for balcony time, but no circus tricks for you anyway. And Miss Theresa, you leave Mr. Tang alone while he is doing his business. blink.gif

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a fun and peaceful rest of the weekend and a pleasant work week. Give the furbabies a belly rub for me....TTFN

LoveMyMickey

Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

It WAS pretty funny the look on Tang's face when Theresa tried mess with him laugh.gif But then I reminded them BOTH that they do that to ME. It was pretty restful today. The meds have made it to where my foot still hurts but much less and I can walk OK depending on how close it is to wearing off. I picked up some extra strengh 8 hour time release Tylanol at the store to help w/ the Indomethicin. It all made me zonk until about an hour ago. But it made for some pretty weird and vivid dreams. No, no balcony time. But they are making do with "chase me" games inside. Earlier Theresa was trying to "stalk" Tang around the corner coming from the kitchen, but he either heard or saw her. She glared at me as if to say "how come you tipped him off daddy" Thanks for stopping by and peace to you and your beloved Mickey.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Sunday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well - - particularly you feeling much better - - and all in good spirits. Thank you so very much for sharing your news with us.

I'm so glad your cabbie was able to give you the help you needed yesterday. He sounds like a really good friend. I'm glad the meds are kicking in to give you some relief, and hope that today is a much better day for you pain free.

By now you have your laundry done and are hopefully enjoying a mid-morning snuggle / nap with your precious fur family. Yesterday when I straightened up the blankets on the bed I put the electric blanket on and used it last night. It felt so good to get into bed with warm blankets, and this morning my bones do feel a little less achy. I so relate to what you say about being able to weight bear on your foot. My right ankle was severely broken 26 years ago in the automobile collsion, and my ability to weight bear on it depends on how the bones settle in my ankle and foot as I'm walking in concert with the permanent residual nerve damage. The only way to "correct" the situation is to undergo major joint fusion surgery which would put me out of commission for several weeks, if not months - - not to mention the post-surgerical pain and the fact that not all joint fusions work, and risking infection in the bones, etc. No thank you. I use my cane always, and sometimes my walker, to help with the weight bearing, and the extra strength aspirin free Excedrin gets me through the tough pain, and that's good enough for me. After 5 surgeries on my right leg in a 3 year time frame post-injuries and having to learn how to walk all over again each time - - I am thankful for the mobility I have.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and pleasant Sunday, my friend. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sorry to hear about the pain you have to deal with sad.gif I too badly broke my right ankle years ago running for a bus slipping on the only patch of ice for miles around on a sunny but cold December morning. It required surgery and I have plates on both sides and pins all along the front. They say you are supposed to have them removed after a time, but most people (myself included) don't because it's like going through it all over gain. Here is the kicker though. It's not my right foot giving me problems, never is. My left one that is, howver, was injured a few years before my right getting clipped by a car crossing the street. I went to the ER the next day, and I think they said it was maybe a hairline fracture (who knows since those were the days Humana was a hospital AND insurance company - talk about a conflict of interest) it never healed right though and so that's probably why it gives me trouble. Since the right one was properly treated I mean. But it sounds like we are both all too familiar with chronic pain (sigh)

I'm glad you enjoyed the warmth of the electric blanket and hope Noah did too. As I mentioned before the meds are not only slowly ridding me of the pain, but giving me some nice sleep too. The kittles and I have enjoyed some nap/cuddle time. I kicked a little to hard moving around on the sofa and Theresa jumped off in a huff. Next thing I knew she was on the back of the easy chair where Tang WAS just a few minutes earlier. Was he a gentleman and gave it up, or did she just TAKE it? I'm betting the latter wink.gif Little miss queenie and her "seniority" Thank you as always for stopping by. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. My my we do have some things in common. Like you still have the hardware in your right ankle, I still have the metal rod in my right thigh from the broken femur which was also a casualty in the automobile collision. I was evaluated to have the rod removed, but was advised that in the process of manipulating my leg to get the rod out that the femur could be re-broken. So - - - needless to say I said thank you very much for the information and left the surgeon's office never to return. I had never had a broken bone before in my life until August 17, 1985, at which time there were multiple fractures throughout the skeleton. Not a fun time in my life at all, and which has affected my mobility ever since. Still, I am very thankful for being able to live independently and not being confined to a wheelchair due to paralysis. This means a great deal to me, and which keeps me focused when the pain is temporarily overwhelming.

I am so sorry that you also have suffered traumatic injuries that continue to affect your health and mobility, my frieind. I hope the meds will continue to help you feel great relief so that you can navigate pain free, my friend.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that tomorrow will be a decent day for you in the pit. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, it looks like we both have our fair share of chronic pain to deal with. Although mine has not been so frequent up until about a few months or so ago. Maybe it's just the whole getting older thing (sigh) But, like you, I'm thankful for being able to get around on my own at all. So far, I have been able to walk more or less normally all day, and hope that continues - I'll try going from taking the med to 4 times a day to 3, then 2 etc. At least I have a refill on this one. I hope this finds both you and Noah peaceful and well. Not much to report here other than another Sunday night dreading going back to the pit.

On the upside, I will have reason this next weekend to shop for T day foods. As, I get the day off with pay, and once again have a fur child present that craves people food with whom to share. I have to work Black Friday in order to get paid because Today's does not pay for that like LGE does. But a day off, and day on with only outage calls, then another weekend. So, not so bad. Me and the kittles are getting ready to settle in for the night. Peace and TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a special treat logging in and getting caught up on your news on how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm so glad you'll be getting Thanksgiving day home with your precious fur family. It's hard to believe that it's only 9 days away.

I hope you are able to wean the pain meds down as you feel able to do so. I hope you are feeling better today and that this trend will continue.

Not much going on. The best news is that I am home now with my Noah, and I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are anticipating the sound of your footsteps in the hallway and the sound of the key in the lock - - and seeing you come through the door calling them by name and embracing their welcome home greeting.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam -

Hope this finds you and Noah doing well. Today in the pit the trend from Friday continued. Started out busy but dropped off by mid morning (even sooner than last week) 6:30 everyday this week thank goodness, but I guess 1/2 the OT being voluntary helped. I don't know if this trend is because we really are getting less calls or the opening of a new call center and hard push to hire - full timers, no more contractors. I don't guess that bodes well for someone like me in the long term (sigh) I can only hope if it comes to that, God takes pity and lands me in something as good or better.

Unseasonably warm here (75) and t-storm/tornado warnings for later - in MID NOVEMBER. Yeah, global warming/climate change is a "myth" Warm enough for balcony time, but the weather does not look like it will permit. Foot is better today. Walking normally and down to 2 pills today. Theresa and Tang are both well and glad to see their dad smile.gif Give a hug to Noah for me. Peace and TTFN ~

TTT
leejaye
Hey Tracy, Just about to head into work but wanted to stop in and say Hi! and hope all is good in your world, give that acrobat Tang and the beautiful Theresa their favourite pats for me! Leejaye
Tom's Dad
Will do leejaye smile.gif

Have a great day at work across the pond. It's evening here. Give Purzi (Tang's fellow acrobat) a pat.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Good to hear your foot is better and that furbabies Tang and Theresa are doing well. I think the wind last evening would have made acrobats out of both of them. We had a severe T Storm warning, got some heavy rain, wind, and hail. This weather is totally weird, but I hope it is a sign that we will have a mild winter.

Tracy, I hope your workday is a pleasant one and remember you and furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. Thank you so much for your always welcome news.

It must be unsettling to see a trend develop when a new center is opened. I hope that whatever happens that you will benefit from the circumstances - - either by keeping your current job or having the assistance of finding a better job. Please keep me posted as to how things go with you, my friend.

It is Tuesday evening, and soon you will be able to be reunited with your precious Theresa and little Tang for the evening. I hope you are continuing to feel better, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and LoveMyMickey

Hope this finds you and and yours doing well. The pit continued the "slow" trend today, which I do not mind. They are in the progress of tearing down and redoing the whole section that was business service and customer commitment (where they moved them who knows) to expand the residential call center for all those "real" employees still in training. I don't know what this will hold for me in the future, and have to accept I can't really do anything about it (sigh) At least it did quit raining in time for my (on time) commute home.

I am home now to my babies who seem most glad to see dad home on time. I have endeavored lately not to "dawdle" on my chores before settling in giving me about an extra 45 minutes each night free to spend with them. I'm not having much luck convincing that's what I'm doing it for and need to finish before I can give them their hugs and cuddles wink.gif Well, tomorrow is the middle of the week, onward and so forth. Peace and TTFN
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. It is Wednesday evening, and soon you will be able to make the welcome journey home to your precious furkids who will be enthusiastically waiting for you to greet you and share the evening by your side.

I hope that whatever happens with your job, Tracy, that you will be okay. It sounds like you have a contact with your contractor who may be very helpful if you should need a new assignment. And please know we are here for you and your furkids, Tracy, too. Granted, we aren't in a position to give you another job, but we do care about what happens to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang.

I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, as always, for your kind words of support. I appreciate all the warm support I get on here from all my LS friends. Just today I overheard the acting coach asking 2 people who have had more skills training (and been there WAY less time than me) when their "interviews" are. I give up. I've been doing this kind of work for 25 years and it does not seem to count for anything. The sad thing is that there is a part of me that would rather not get "hired" because I really don't see myself as a call center drone for the next 20 years. But, what else is there for me? Well, God has thrown me some decent bones here and there, so I will try to have faith I'll land on my feet (no cat pun intended) somehow. I'm home now to my rather rambunctious duo (had to yell "PLAY NICE" once already) But kids will be kids wink.gif

I'm off to finish my chores and snuggle in with them. Thanks again for your kind support. I can't believe we've kept this thread going so long!

Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Thursday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits - - which I know will begin BIG TIME when you walk off your employer's property and are on the bus heading homeward bound to your precious furkids.

I know how frustrating it is for you to hear and see all that is happening around you with the other employees and are kept "out in the cold". It's not only unfair to you - - it is also insulting. I endure that type of insensitive behavior at my job as well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all will work out for the best for you, my friend.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that tomorrow will be a decent day for you in the pit. Tomorrow is Friday, and like you, will be thankful when the day in the pit is finally over with and are home once again with my precious Noah for another weekend of peace and tranquility. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, it is unfair and insulting. But that's my life in a nut shell dry.gif I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Today was not too bad. We got our catered lunch from Qdoba for winning the Halloween decor contest. And tomorrow we get turkey dinner from the the company. I thought I was going to get home late because my first bus was late, but then so was my second one so it worked out. Another miracle via St. Tom? Perhaps. The kids are fighting more than usual. Or maybe they are just playing too hard. Either way I had to step in 3 times already (sigh) One more day in the pit until Caturday. I'm going to get my stuff done and settle in with the babies. Peace and TTFN ~ Oh, and hugs for Noah!

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Noah and I are sending our T G I F greeitngs to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know it will still be at least an hour before the chains are unlocked and you are able to enjoy your travels home to your precious furkids. I know they are anxiously awaiting your arrival, knowing that it is Friday evening and that they will have you home for the entire weekend.

I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas. And thank you for your hugs for Noah. He is patiently waiting until it's time for his "gormet" dinner.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Happy TGIF and Caturday eve to you and Noah as well smile.gif

I am home with Theresa and Tang and the end of another week in the pit. Another week of still having a job. Next week just Mon-Wed "normal" days - T day off and an easy day Friday since CS is closed. Still trying to decide between turkey ot ham for next week. I'm sure Tang will be happy "share" either wink.gif I'm going to settle in with the kids for a nice restful evening. Peace and TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good "Caturday" evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope today has been a good day for each of you, and hope you were able to get your shopping done in the holiday shopping "stampede."

Today was the monthly "finance a thon" - - reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement, getting receipts filed, entering bills to be paid in the coming days and weeks as funds are available. Got the new tax assessment in the mail showing that my little home's assessment remains the same, which is the good news. The bad news is that the county is looking at RAISING the tax rate to compensate for the lost revenue on the properties whose assessments were lowered due to the continuing real estate bust in the region. So if the county does raise the tax rate taht means next year I will be paying MORE taxes on an assessment that has not changed. This does concern me, but will have to wait until next spring when the county makes the final decision - - which in previous years has totally disregarded the needs of the people. So, we'll see what happens.

Noah has joined me at the computer table letting me know that he thinks it's getting time for his dinner. Not quite, but soon. I hope you and your precious furkids have enjoyed this day together, and will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and happy post Caturday to you and Noah. I'm so sorry to hear about your property tax troubles. My "good job" was for a company that did that kind of software for county clerks. Every time the state would change the rules we would have to change the software. What a nightmare. I hope it works out for you in the end.
Yesterday was not too bad. The Kroger was a bit of a mad house it being the last weekend before Thanksgiving. I still ended up forgetting a few things though. I guess I'll have to stop at the little store by my bus stop on Wednesday after work - which means the longer walk home, but that's what get for being a scatter brain. Theresa and Tang are both doing fine. They both slept in the bed last nice which was nice. Hoping for a nice restful Sunday, and the same for you and Noah. Peace and TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Good Sunday morning to you, Tracy, and to your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. So nice to log in to share your news. Glad to know you weren't trampled yesterday while doing your turkey day shpping. I'm sure whatever you decided for the main course your little Tang will enjoy sharing it with his dad.

With the tax thing - - looks like my decision to focus on paying off the home equity loan has been the right move. That's the good news. The less than desirable news is that I will have to continue to work - - and I guess for a very long while in the present snake pit. And THAT is a bit depressing. Oh well -- -.

Hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very pleasant Sunday. The forecast is indicating we may have a warm up this week, at least for a few days, and I'm thankful for that, along with so many more blessings in my life. One of these blessings is the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry you will have to work longer in an environment that you dislike so much. I certainly know the feeling, but I'm not even sure how long it will last for me. Or what the future holds in that regard. it has been a fairly peacful Sunday. It rained all last night but stopped for the time I did my laundry which I appreciated. Theresa and Tang are both doing well enough, if a bit restless due to the weather not allowing balcony time. But we are moving into the season where that will be more and more common. I am hoping you and Noah have had a pleasant Sunday. Peace and TTFN.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Stopping by to see how you and furbabies are doing. Lots of rain, but I am so glad it isn't snow. I know the furbabies miss balcony time....I'm not sure what we're having for Thanksgiving yet, somebody else is doing the cooking this year. I got to Krogers here last Friday, went early before too many people got there. They are going to expand the store and I do well to get through this one.

Our little black stray? cat is getting friendlier. He will rub on the door or end of the car when we take the food out there. I bought a cat toy with feathers on the end to see if he would play. No way, he took off under the car, he probably thought it was an animal. biggrin.gif

Tracy, I hope your work week treats you well and I hope you, Sgt Tang, and Princess Theresa have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I am thankful for this forum, the people, and for your friendship..........I'm always thinking of our angel babies, Sir Tom and Mickey.......God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Glad to hear you are doing well. I'm also glad to hear the little black cat seems to be doing well. Ever think about taking him in, or you just not a cat person? At least I'll have an extra day off this week and Friday just outage calls (hope there aren't any) I'm also thankful for LS, and all the people on it, yourself included. My thoughts are with you and your Angel Mickey.
LoveMyMickey
Thank you Tracy....I hope your day is going well and I know you and furbabies will enjoy the extra day off......About being a cat person, yes, we love them too. I grew up with cats and after we went overseas in the military, we found a cat (a wild one), that's a whole 'nuther story. blink.gif ......The little black cat here won't come inside, but he is getting friendlier. We would take him in if he would let us, but we have to be careful, he likes to hiss and smack us on the arm whle putting the food out.

Interesting weather we're having, I saw 4 robins this morning. I guess they think it's Spring........Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a good evening and night....TTFN..

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Good evening greetings to you, Tracy, and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits - - which will greatly improve when the clock at your work station says it's time to head homeward bound to your precious furkids who will enthusiastically greet you.

The good news is that I am home now with my precious Noah, and I only have tomorrow to get through as I have Wednesday (use or lose leave) and Thursday (holiday) off. According to my supervisor I will never have the Friday after Thanksgiving off because that day is reserved for the drama queen to have off so that she can have an extended weekend with her family - - which she also gets for Christmas. Preferential treatment must be nice. To say I am not fond of my supervisor is putting it politely.

I hope today is treating you kindly in the pit, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey. Maybe with time the little cat will come to trust you. Food is a good motivator (it was with Tom anyway) And remember, hissing and swatting is more fear than aggression. You are good person to try to help him. Thank you moon_beam. I'm glad you and Noah will get more time together. Sorry about not getting Friday. The only reason I'm working is because Today's only pays for Thursday.

Today in the "pit" was more like a normal Monday. Heavy in queue until about 10:00 then steady for the rest of the day. Slammed again between 5:00 and 6:00. Second bus was late, so kitties were not pleased. Plus they were still spooked from the cleaners being here to scrub out the tub and tile in the shower (a "gift" for jacking up my rent 50.00 per month) On top of that, I had to spend time updating the billing info on all my checking card recurring charges for monthly billing. It seems the place I stop to get chicken has been busy with my account number. At first it was 1.00 charges for some sports web site. But they never went thru b/c he didn't have my zip code. This last time in, he wanted my ID (to get my zip code you think?) on that same night 14.95 for some credit report that did go thru. Bottom line is I had to get a new card that arrived tonight, and I canx the old one. Took almost an hour by web and phone to update all my billing info. Not the least of which was Tang and Theresa's wellness plan.

Speaking of Tang, he seems the most spooked of all. He's been running away when I approach, and just now he tried to jump in my lap while I'm typing. He has not tried anything like that since the first days I had him. Somebody scared him, and I WILL find out who and why mad.gif Well, that's all for now. Peace and TTFN -

TTT
leejaye
Hi Tracy, I hope you have managed to calm your boy and that everything is ok with all of you - i hope you work day goes swiftly and smoothly so you can get home to the fur kids, give them their favourite pats for me, Leejaye
Tom's Dad
Thank you leejaye. He's still a bit skittish, but will come when called. Work is....work (sigh) just something to get thru for the pay check. Give Purzi a pat.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this very foggy and dampish Tuesday evening. I hope this will find each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that you had to go through the aggravation of getting a new credit card. It is a hassle having to update everything. And I hope your little Tang is feeling better. Whenever anyone comes into the house either to do work or to visit Noah runs and hides. I know you will do everything in your power to comfort and reassure him that both he and your precious Theresa are safe.

The good news is that I'm home with my precious Noah and will not have to go back into the pit again until Friday. I hope tomorrow will be a decent day for you in your pit, Tracy, and that it will go quickly for you. I hope your bus connections this evening will be on time so that your precious furkids will not be pacing to and fro wondering "where is daddy?? he's supposed to be home by now. oh daddy, please come home. FINALLY - - it's DADDY!!!!"

Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Well, today was my last day in the pit apparently. When I got home this evening, there was a message from the personal number of my Today's rep. They knew since noon but had to wait for my shift to end. Apparently LGE said I was rude to customer and hung up on them. But I suppose they can spin the pulled calls any way they want. I guess that supervisor got her wish. Today's said they may be able to get me on at Republic Bank, but won't know for a little while. I guess tomorrow I will be calling UE to start my claim for my paltry sum that's less than a 40 hour week on this last job. To be honest if it was not for Theresa and Tang needing me, I'm pretty sure I'd be going to join Tom. Who knows, I may still. My rent is up, already on payment arrangements with Insight, this could not come at a worse time, I guess the irony is that I still have a large credit on my LGE account. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know why sad.gif
cat mom
Tom's Dad
I have been following your friendship with moon-beam, I think it's wonderful that you have made a connection with her and so many others here on this forum.
Tom's Dad -
I know things look bleak right now. Being out of work at any time is stressful, but even more so during the holidays.
Believe me, I know about the holidays beings grim - my husband just passed away on Monday, and I am having a hard time dealing with it.
Please, Please, don't do anything rash. Take time to take stock of what you DO have, there is help out there, it may be some work to find it, but it is there. If you do harm to yourself, think of what will happen to Teresa and Tang. They need you now as much as you need them They are your lifeline. Grab on tight and don't let go.
I will keep you in my thoughts - I know that won't go very far to help you right now, but we all care about you here. I wish I could help you more in some tangible way. Please ask if I can do anything to help. If some cash would help get you through this bad spell, let me know where I can send it, and you will have it, no repayment needed or expected. I know others on here would be happy to help out in any way they can.
Please, Tom's Dad, take care of yourself. Don't let the b a s t a r d s win.
Cat Mom (Carol)
Tom's Dad
Thank you cat mom. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I'm not ready to do anything rash just yet. But it does feel like Theresa and Tang are the only reason for that right now. I spoke with the lady at Today's this morning. She's fairly sure she can get me on at Republic Bank - just a question of when the orders start coming in. I opened my UE claim also, but can't make the first check request for two weeks. Plus I'll only get two days on my last pay check. I appreciate the offer of financial assistance, but would not feel right about it. I did that last year on Live Journal to try to help Tom, even opened a paypal account for it. And we know how that turned out for him sad.gif I may change my mind depending on how desperate things become, however. For now, I'm thankful for Theresa and Tang and all nice people on here, yourself included. I'll post more later depending on how I'm feeling. Thanks for the kind words.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just stopping by to get caught up on your and your precious Theresa's and little Tang's news. Please permit me to add my sincerest support to you as you begin the journey for new employment. I truly am very sorry this has happend to you. I don't think the supervisor who did this to you is making any points with the contractor. Still, this is of little consolation to you in that she has been able to wield her misplaced authority and take her spite out on you. Please keep us posted as to how things go with placement at the bank, - - and any other prospects that arise.

This is NOT a situation of YOUR making, Tracy. I wish there were a way you could appeal this supervisor's firing -- but this may not be possible, and it may not be a route you may want to pursue. I do understand how this must be a shock to you, - - even though you had been suspecting this happening for awhile - - and I do understand the many different emotions you are and may be having. Please know we are hare for you, Tracy. If there is something I can do to help you and your precious furkids, please let me know, and I will do my best to help.

Thank you so much for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I am so sorry about your situation. Please just hang in there because things usually work out for the best. After husband left the army, we were at a low point, couldn't find a decent job, re-enlisted and everything worked out for the best........In 1997 we were flooded out of our home, lost everything, but found a much better home that had just gone on the market. So with lots of prayers and faith, things usually get better........Tracy you are in my thoughts and prayers. Give the furbabies an extra pet for me......Hugs...P.S. Remember you have friends here.

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, LoveMyMickey.

It would seem I have one less thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. As moon_beam pointed out, yes I did see this coming. But I was hoping I'd have more time i.e. a victim of attrition. Being there close to 2 years w/o being hired etc. But maybe it's God's way of kicking me in the pants. I would not have quit, and was not actively looking for anything else. Even when I saw so many other contractors leaving for better jobs. So, if there is something better, maybe this is the way it's supposed to happen. On the other hand, I can't help but feel I didn't appear grateful enough for getting exactly what I'd prayed for over a year ago. (full time and at least 2.00/hr more) and this is my punishment. Theresa and Tang are the only thing keeping me going right now. And I think they sense something is wrong. With me being home more, how can they not? I do hope they can get me on at Republic Bank. Even though it's 1.00/hr less (one step forward two steps back) and supposedly seasonal. I'm hoping it can turn into more with my 5 years experience in that area with NPC/Bank of America/Chase. I was miserable there and wanted more time to spend with the kittles, but not like this. But each day I spent there I felt dirty with all that's being said about them (most of it true) If the customers think THEY are being screwed they don't don't the half of it the way they treat contractors tellng us to be hard cases, then throwing us under the bus the minute somebody complains. I actually once lost 50 points on a monitor for giving a customer a payment arrangement when they had a small portion of the past due a defaulted previous arrangement. So, then I get hard like they want, and they fire me.

Since I already bought all the stuff for tomorrow (well, I went out earlier to get he butter and loaf of bread I forgot at Kroger Saturday) I popped the frozen turkey loaf in the oven to cook for the prescribeed 2 1/4 hours. And will make the other pre packaged, boxed, canned etc sides later tonight or tomorrow in my traditional bachelor T day feast (not) I'm sure Tang will be happy to share. Thanks again for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Feel free to keep us in the latter as we could use it. TTFN

TTT
cat mom
Hi Tracy,
Thank you for the condolences on my husband. I was hesitant to even bring it up here, after all this is a site for those grieving a pet, but maybe grief is grief and it doesn't matter. It was very sudden (liver cancer), 7 weeks from the first symptoms to his passing - I feel like my whole world is crumbling, but I'm trying get a grip and stay sane.
As far as the financial assistance that I offered, I know what you mean about feeling strange about it, but please keep it open as a last ditch option. At least you might get some small comfort in knowing that there is a parachute available if you need to pull the rip cord. I feel like if maybe I can do one thing to help someone who truly needs it and deserves it, how can that be bad? We are all friends here, we may never meet, but we all came together for one common cause, to offer support in dealing with a loss, what ever that loss might be. And should you need to accept the offer, maybe you can just "pay it forward" and maybe help someone else in the future if you have the ability.
I hope you have a nice day tomorrow, and enjoy the extra time with your kittles. I am having a quiet day alone tomorrow as well. After three days of dealing with all the things that need dealing with after someone passes, I thank God that I have my fuzz-heads - they are such a comfort right now. My friends are being great and so supportive, but I am so glad to have my kitties warm furry bodies to snuggle with, and just happy to have other living beings in the house with me. I am looking forward to a day of not having to put on a brave face, of not having to go anywhere, or do anything, or think about anything. I am taking a day off.
I wish you a peaceful night and I will keep you in my thoughts
Cat Mom
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me, to let you know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping and praying that you will find peace in your heart today, and that spending this extra quality time with your precious Theresa and little Tang will turn out to be an unexpected lifeline for you - - to give you a chance to heal from the abuse you have endured at the call center as well as to give your physical body some very badly needed rest so that you will feel strong when you begin your new job - - and there will be a new job for you. I think you have made at least one supportive friend in Todays who knows what you went through with your medical needs at the call center. Hang in here, my frieind. As Cat Mom said, we are your parachute should you need one.

Thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you cat mom, moon_beam

I'm not sure how to feel right now other than very worried. You know that "manager" put a big stack of returned mail on my desk to work while I was at lunch KNOWING it was my last day? What a witch. Yes, I will work again, but it's the short term with all the usual expences coming up that has me worried. The kittles have been great. Sleeping with me in the bed, cuddling with me on the sofa, with nary a fight. Heck they have even played together - nicely. I guess they know I need some peace and harmony. I made a fair amount of food, but I'm not really hungry sad.gif I suppose I should take this day to just rest and heal. Thanks again for the support.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to see how you and furbabies are doing. I know you are very worried, that is normal. I want you to know I am thinking about you and furbabies and saying prayers.....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.