Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, bright sunny pleasant late Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.
Since I don't have to drive on a daily basis to a job anymore the need for me to be on the road has significantly diminished - - hence the savings on having to routinely buy gas every 10 days or so. I do not miss driving every day - - the less I am on the road the happier I am.

Today has been a perfect one to do some work outside, so after Noah and I had our routine morning I got into my yard work clothes and trotted outside with my little chain saw in hand. During one of the wind storms one of the trees on the adjoining property on the garage end of the house fell onto my property. The owners of the adjoining property evidently hired someone to cut up the tree - - but they didn't clear the debris from my property - - which was blocking my turn-around space and mowing access. So this morning I cleared my turn around area and relocated the debris to the wooded area - - some on my property and some on the adjoining property - - after all it was THEIR tree that I was cleaning up.

A few years ago during another wind storm one of my huge pine trees fell in the front yard in the area where access to my well is. The tree has blocked mowing access around the well area - - I had deliberately let the tree stay as it was so that it would dry out and make it easier for me to cut. So, while I had the chain saw buzzing I was able to cut the trunk in several places and roll the pieces into the heavy wooded area beyond the area where the well is. So - - that chore is now done. By the time I got that done I was really ready to quit. Got the extension cords coiled and back in the garage, along with the chain saw. I have to get the chain sharpened before I can use it again. I may need to get a new chain - - don't know yet. The good news is that I won't have to use it any time soon - - so this is not an immediate need.

Noah watched me from his basement bathroom window perch as I worked on the tree trunk over by the well. Total time involved was 2.5 hours that included a 10 minute time out in the garage after I was done with all the sawing, and then coiling the extension cords and storing them in the garage. It felt so good to get my shower and wash my hair. Noah has had his lunch and is keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

So this has been my day. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make - - and begin the process of turning the clocks forward. I hope you were able to get any errands done early in the day that you needed to do so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can now enjoy the rest of the weekend together.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you gave yourself and the chain saw quite a work out today. You must be exhausted my friend. Still, it was a nice day for being outside (for a change) I only had to go down to the shopping center in my area, but had to hit the Dollar Tree, then Feeders Supply to get a bag of mature formula Science Diet. When I had Tang at the vet I bought a bag of not the top shelf RX food but the next priced one down. Now I'm mixing the two as a budgetary compromise. Then it was off to Save-a-Lot to get some groceries. Before that I hit the Book and Music to cash in my store credit and get a few more books as I have read over half the ones I got before. For a moment I thought I had more than I could get home on my own even with my little cart. But after imaginative packing in it, my backpack, and one multi layerd plastic bag left over to tote in my free hand, I made it home. It was't that I spent very much, just most of it was either heavy or bulky. And I got home an hour earlier that I thought I would. Which is good becuase we are about to lose an hour.

Yesterday, as it was the 8th, I posted about my dear Sir Thomas. But it got burried by habitual one-up-manship dry.gif Soon, I'm going to give Theresa her own post as March is her aniverssary of coming to live with me - 6 years now. And she deserves some accolades of her own. I also let them have some balcony time on this beautiful day, Both came in on their own before I sat down for some lunch. Not much else going on. Time to take care of evening kitty chores and remember to set my clocks back. Hope you and Noah had a great day and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Sounds like you had a busy Caturday. At first I misread your sentence about "mature formula Science Diet." smile.gif

My busy day was yesterday, and oh, my aching back....Kroger has opened up part of the expanded part, and moved some of the products to different places. People were going around asking, where's this, where's that....They moved the pharmacy and made a drive-through, also put in "The Little Clinic". There's one thing I don't like, they put little signs above the top shelves telling what products are in that row. They put white lettering on light blue, hard to read. They should have stuck with black.

At least 2 or 3 cats keep coming back to eat. Faith is still faithful about her breakfast and dinner. I haven't seen Blackie since that last time..........I dreamed the other night that I felt something scoot up against me and laid down (Mickey would always do that.) In my dream, when I looked down to see what it was, I saw a black cat. I wonder if Mickey was telling me that Blackie is with him now and is okay.

Tracy, I hope you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa have a cozy evening and a blessed day tomorrow....Take care.

LMM
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

In what way did you misread the sentence? Anyway, sounds like your Caturday was busy too. Sorry to hear about the Kroger being all bollixed up. I hated when they remodled mine. Don't go there much anymore with trying to save on the cab fare. I just go to the Save-a-Lot by me on Saturdays, and if I need something from Kroger I just get it at the one by where I work - They are much nicer there anyway.

I think your dream about Blackie (brought to you by your sweet Mickey) may be right on. Sorry to hear if it's true. But it sounds like he had a hard life with your kindness being his only respite. He couldn't ask for a kinder soul than Mickey to get him acclimated though. I hope they meet up with Sir Thomas.

Glad to hear Faith is coming 'round for your kindness. Have you seen White Collar lately, or is that Faith now? Thank you for stopping by and sharing. Hope you are well. Take care.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It does sound like you had a busy day yesterday, and am glad you were able to get all of your errands done. I know what you mean about "creative packing" - - I do the same thing when I'm loading the groceries into the car. When I get home I usually end up tying one of the lighter bags to my cart with the heavier bags inside the cart so that I can bring all the bags of groceries in at one time.

So glad your precious Theresa and little Tang were able to enjoy balcony time yesterday - - it was a very pretty day outside indeed - - am looking forward to more days like yesterday over the coming weeks.

Today is definitely a rest day after yesterday's workout in the yard. When I get this sent to you I will begin getting lunch on the stove warming, and Noah will also be looking forward to some lunch in his bowl. He has been cuddling with me a lot since yesterday evening - - perhaps showing me he missed me while I was working outside yesterday. He is such a sweet little boy.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Some what warm but overcast Sunday greetings to you and Noah as well. Smiling at his giving you extra attention after missing you being outside so long. Funny you should mention that becuase Tang was doing that this morning when I was doing laundry. Meowing loud, pulling at me with his paws, etc. It's heart warming, but at the same time I worry a bit when he does that - wondering if he's trying to tell me something important. (other than "I love you daddy", of course)

Today was a intererence free day in the laundry room despie, or perhaps because, of the time change. It was welcome either way. While I stood in the patio area outside the currently closed pool , I saw a beautiful stray kitty go by. I sat down on the stone perimeter and called softly to it. He stood by a car and lookd as if to be contenplating coming over to me. But then a car whizzed by and scared him away. Before that I told him food was available by where I lived. I know it's silly to expect he understood, but hope he did never the less.

Other than that it's been a pretty quiet day. The people downstairs with the constantly unleashed, barking little dog and screaming kid not withstanding. I feel a littled gyped by the loss of an hour of my off day, especially having to go back to work tomorrow. But, that's life. I hope you and your precious Noah had a good day together and that your evening is comfortable and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies had a good Sunday. The birds were really singing this afternoon, feels like Spring...... I first read Mature as Manure. lol...

We have a Save-A-Lot close by here too. I haven't been there yet. I like so many of the Kroger brand products and the workers always help me with the groceries. I buy 2 weeks worth at a time. We have a little cart we use to bring the groceries in from the car.

Yes, Faith is White Collar. Early this morning around 5:00, Faith was on the carport howling like crazy. I think she had something cornered because of the way she was staring toward the step. I hope that wasn't her way of asking for breakfast.

Tracy, I hope you have a pleasant work week, if there is ever such a thing. Give the furbabies a pat for me. I'm always thinking of Sir Thomas too....Take care...

LMM
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

laugh.gif No I would not feed my babies "manure" That's what they give ME in return wink.gif I don't know if that was Faith's way of asking for breakfast as much as warning some other critter to back off? I guess when one is hungry and scared, good manners don't enter into things. Poor babies. I've been to my "feeder" behind the dumpster both early this morning and just a while ago. It's quite full sad.gif I hope that means my diners have found homes, and not - well, you know unsure.gif

Many birds singing here too - very spring like. But the skies are darkening for what is I'm sure our fair share of rain. Meanwhile, letting kittles have some balcony time. Hope you are well.

TTT
Tom's Dad
What a bust!

So, I get up at the normal time (spring forward still has me a bit lagging) Get ready and get on down to the bus stop 5 minutes before it's due to leave. Normally it's already there waiting. Not today though. Time goes by and I finally call TARC. I'm told that bus broke down downtown. Really? Because I know that bus comes there via the freeway. Unless she meant it never got out of downtown garage, or there about. I'm told it's on it's way, 10 minutes. I wait some more. By this time the one after it comes along for her 13 minute layover, Call TARC again. It's on it's way (not) I finally take this next bus, but it gets me downtown too late and I just barely miss my express bus to my job; last one of the morning. I have 2 choices at this point. Take a cab (which) I can't afford. Or do like I used to on Saturdays and take the regular bus over that way and walk the 1.3 miles into work. Keep in mind I already do not feel well, and it's raining (been raining all morning) and I'm already fairly soaked. At this point I decide it's just not going to work. I slip into the hotel to use the restroom. Then give my sup a call to explain the situation. His reponse? "So, what, you staying home?!" To which I re-explain my situation and that I'm GOING back home. At this point, he says "K, fine" and hangs up. Keep in mind this sup has a lousy attendance record himself. (sigh) So, all that and lose a day of pay.

At least the kitties were glad to see me....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in somewhat good spirits.

I am sooooo sorry that this has been a Monday from the dark side for you. I hope this is a "one day only" mishap for you, and that you will not be penalized for circumstances that are far beyond your control. I hope the rest of this day is being kind to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Life here has been low key today. Had a couple of things that needed a little mending, so Noah helped me with a little sewing project this morning. He likes to play with the spools while I'm sewing. After awhile he settled down next to me and watched me. He has had his lunch and is upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time.

Still have the lunch dishes to do. Need to start working on a grocery list. The air is beginning to feel dampish indicating that rain is on its way for tonight and tomorrow.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And I hope you will have smoother travels to work tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Oh, I will be "penalized" in the form of an occurance which stays with me for a year. But it's only the 2nd in the 9 months I've been there. I still have a better attendance record than anyone else there, including both sups and the call center manager. For all the good it does me. For me, the real penalty is a loss of a day's pay. Which is going to be rough in any case.

But even now, I still don't feel quite right. I think, I hope, I made the right choice in not trying to pursue my second option. I would have just risked further illness and would have been late, an occurance all on its own.

Today has been about as nice as the weather. Rainy, gray, and blah. But the kittles seemed to appreciate the extra time. I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well, as are you I hope. I hope you both had a good day and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you are feeling better and not coming down with something. I'm sorry about the buses and the rain was bad. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

About the cats, same way here, some days nothing comes by until real late. I thought maybe they were getting well fed. Anyway late this afternoon I saw a big yellow cat walking away from the eating area and he hadn't taken one bite. We had 2 containers of dry food out, maybe he was waiting for my goulash. smile.gif We put that out a little later.

Tracy, enjoy your evening with Sgt. Tang and Princess Theresa. Give them a special pat for me. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of Sir Thomas too.......God Bless.....

LMM
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry that yesterday was a miserable day for you - - and am equally sorry that you will have an "occurrence" on your record at work for circumstances that were way beyond your control. I hope today is being kinder to you, my friend.

Have been working on e-mails today and gathering a grocery list for Thursday's errand day. The sun has been shining very cheerily today, and my precious Noah has been thoroughly enjoying them. He is now snuggled on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon post lunch nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expendient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I alwayas look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I am feeling better today at least physically. I'm happy to hear the neighborhood kitties are still coming around for the food. Perhaps the yellow cat was indeed waiting for the "good stuff" that I'm sure has gained a positive reputation in the neighborhood. Bless you for your efforts. I hope you are well today. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Today is a little better. At least it's sunny, as you said. I'm glad Noah was able to enjoy that. I'm cursing myself for a fool today. While I know I could not catch that 2nd bus, and never would have lasted the trip w/o a restroom stop, I still had options. When I thought of a cab, the cost factor immediately came to mind as instinct. But all day I have thought, a cab from downtown to work would have run about 30.00 (give or take) So, what's worse, losing that or a whole day's pay? Arrgh, I'm an idiot. Plus I would not even have had to call a cab, they're all lined up outside the hotel (sigh)

But, nothing I can do about it now I guess. I'm glad that you have been able to accomplish your tasks for today, and that Noah is doing well. Another day over, and getting ready to head homeward to Lady Theresa and Sgt. Tang. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day together and that your evening is peaceful warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, weird weather Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to know yesterday was a better day for you. Chalk Monday up to one of many "learning experiences" along life's way. Next time, and hopefully this won't happen anytime soon, you will have the benefit of Monday to better evaluate your options.

Much to my surprise got an e-mail notice that my monthly bank statement was ready for printing, so I have printed it off and will have the "balance-a-thon" to look forward to sometime over the next few days. Tomorrow is errand day, and thankfully it is all local - - a quick stop at the bank and then onto Kroger.

This morning started off a little cloudy with temps in the 40's, then some sunbeams. The temps have been steadily falling throughout the day, and we have had some snow showers floating on the gusty wind off and on so far this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit more steadily warmer than today with sunshine, so this will help to make the errands go a little better.

Noah has been looking outside and shaking his head as if to say, "what the heck??" He has had his lunch and is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap with his paws over his eyes, perhaps as if to say, "wake me when the sunbeams come back."

Looking at the clock I see you still have about 2.5 hours left to go at your work station. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expendient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I alwayas look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Wednesday greetings to you and Noah as well. Cold here today (upper 30s) and snow flurries here and there. Which is weird to see when the sun is shining; which it isn't now like it was.

Gald to hear your errands are local so that you won't have to be away from your precious Noah for too long. I'm chuckling at his "what the heck" expression. Some people think that cats have no facial expression, but they are wrong. And there's Tang with his front paw "signing". Yes, our feline companions know how to talk to their humans.

Another not so busy day at work which is always appreciated. Now, I get ready to pack up and leave to head homeward to Theresa and Tang. Of course I've been ready to do that since I got here, which is true of most days. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever have a good paying job I at least halfway like ever again. Not that I'm not grateful for having any job at at all.

I hope your day with Noah was a good one and that your evening is filled with peace and joy. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, bustery, chilly Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can so understand how you feel when you share with us: "Now, I get ready to pack up and leave to head homeward to Theresa and Tang. Of course I've been ready to do that since I got here, which is true of most days. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever have a good paying job I at least halfway like ever again. Not that I'm not grateful for having any job at at all." According to all the job hype, IT work is supposed to be not only the job of NOW but of the future with great pay and job satisfaction. Yet, there are people I know who work in the IT field who are miserable in their jobs and find that they are in a "dead end" situation. It used to be that employers paid for advancement training of their employees, but not anymore - - the employee is responsible for their own continuing education that may or may not lead to a better job - - somewhere. Tracy, I do wish you could come across a job on your internet search that had YOUR name written all over it that would give you the job satisfaction and salary that is rightfully yours to have. I do understand how discouraged you feel, my friend. Please try not to lose hope about it - - try to continue to keep your options open.

Got my grocery run done. Almost didn't venture forth because the wind is so very gusty bone chilly today despite the bright sunshine. When I got to Kroger it was obvious by the parking lot that the store was going to be quite busy inside. But I did manage to hit one of the check out aisles at the right time so that I could get checked out quickly. Thought I would get gas in a gas can today for the generator but opted not to do that because it is just toooooo bone chilly windy to deal with that, and is something I can do on another day. Noah was eagerly waiting for me at the big basement door and merrily greeting me when I came in with the groceries. Lunch is on the stove warming, and Noah is sitting on his feeding table eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl too. At some point after lunch I will need to make a trek to the mailbox - - hopefully the wind will begin to diminish by then.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expendient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Chilly but sunny Thursday greetings to you and Noah. Glad you were able to luck into a fast check out at the store and get home to your precious Noah.

Thank you for your kind words of support about the job. I would not consider myself IT, per se' as I hold no certifications. I've just learned along the way back from a time when one could actually do that. I'd be so content to find what some might consider a "dull" processing job as long as it paid well enough and was in a good location. Not to mention no dealing with the general public and their entitlement issues. But, alas, it's probably just a pipe dream.

I hope the wind lets up soon for you. That can mess up a perfectly good day. But at least Noah got some sunbeams which is good. Well, another day over in the salt mines, and getting ready to go home to the kittles. Not a moment too soon either as it sound like our queue just kicked up. I hope you and Noah had a good day together and that your evening is pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

The wind has finally calmed considerably here - - so nice. Noah has been able to focus more on our soccer games today instead of being distracted by the howling wind. He helped me balance the checkbook this morning and get the security updates done on the desk top. He is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a well-earned after lunch nap.

This weekend will be much tamer in activity than last weekend - - don't have any major projects planned inside or out.

I hope today is going well for you at work, my friend. Looking at the clock you have about 2 hours left on the clock to get through until the best part of the day begins - - your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

TGIF/Caturday Eve greetings to you and Noah as well. Overcast but warmer. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. Hoping to catch a break in the weather long enough to dash to Save-a-Lot to get a few things. No other errands on tap.

laugh.gif at the image of Noah "helping" with your tasks. I have some "helpers" here myself wink.gif Speaking of which, I managed to catch the bus I used to take as it was running late - meaning I got home about 10-15 minutes earlier than usual. This made my fur kids very happy. Tang decided to go to town on his ear right after I cleaned it . Good thing he already had his can food as the yucky medicine kills his appetite for a while. Idf thought about trying to use some of the blood for a reading, but didn't think if of it til after I cleaned up his ear. The sample from the swab and tissue just gave an error. Oh well. I would say maybe next time, but I'd rather there not BE a next time.

I allowed for some balcony time this evening while there was still a smidgeon of sun (glad Noah got his rays today, by the way) Now it's settle in for the evening and snuggle with the kittles, watch some Netflix and watch fur kids being cute. I'm getting some "help" even now from Tang while I write this - while Theresa glares from across the room (sigh) I hope you and Noah had a good day and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you have your errands done and are being able to spend the majority of today, and the rest of the weekend, with your precious fur tribe.

So glad you were able to make bus connections on your way home yesterday evening that got you home sooner than expected. I do know what a difference 10 - 15 minutes can make in the commute time, and I'm so glad you and your precious companions had this special unexpected good fortune.

Today has been very low key compared to last weekend. Changed the blankets on the bed and turned the mattress. This is a chore all by itself. But now I have a laundry basket full of laundry to do - - at some point in time.
We had some rain pass through in the early hours of the day which have given way to nice sunbeams for my precious Noah and me to enjoy. Clouds are forecasted to return with periods of rain beginning sometime tomorrow and lasting through Tuesday. Temps are in the 70's today but tomorrow and over most of next week will become 30 degrees cooler.

Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time after lunch. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make at some point in time.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I alwayas look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Caturday greetings to you and Noah. Today was supposed to be a high of 58 with rain. Imagine my surprise when I got up this mornming to at least partly sunny skies and 64 degrees. By this afternoon we topped out at 72. Looking like the rain be be getting her by tonight though.

Weather being what it was, I allowed for balcony time. Theresa basked in it as usual while Tang man stuck close to his dad. Part of the reason for that may have been his waning to share a few bites of my ham sandwich I had for lunch wink.gif Been a low key day here too. Glad Noah got some sunbeams today as well. Sounds like you have kept busy; can't really say the same myself. But, for me, that's what weekends are for; rest and recharge before going back to the grind. Speaking of which it's been kind of nice with a certain sup up in Columbus for Time Warner change over prep for the last two weeks. Not so nice that he's taken 1 or 2 agents with him each time and we're already short handed. I just hope he doesn't expect I'm going to be one of them. I can't be away even over night because of Tang; wouldn't want to go anyway.

Not much else going on here. I hope you and your precious Noah had a good Caturday, and that your evening is pleasant and blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and littleTang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now you have your laundry done and are enjoying this day with your precious fur tribe.

I can understand your desire to not want to make an overnight training trip because of your precious Tang's special needs. Still, if it were a matter of going to get training to keep your job I would hope you would be able to enlist Dr. Harris' assistance with taking care of your precious Theresa and little Tang until your return. I know this would require boarding fees in addition to Tang's special needs. Whatever is needed, my friend, it will work out.

A low key day here - - will be enjoying the Downton Abbey special on the local PBS this afternoon with their ongoing spring fundraising programming. Noah is watching the light misty rain outside as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I don't think Banfield even offers boarding. And even if they did, it's a moot point. I doubt as a contractor I'd be required to go (same reason we don't do on-call) And even if they tried, I'm NOT going. Final, finito, done. Travel was never mentioned during either interview. They could not try to make me go or fire me for not going legally. (and it's not over night it's for a full week)

And even if they got around that (which I doubt) KFORCE is very good about making sure their people get placed elsewhere, or worst case making darn sure we get unemployment. What's sad about the latter, is if I've built up enough for the full benefts (and I think I have) I'd be getting paid about what I am now.

I only mentioned it in passing as it was nice not having "him" around for 2 weeks. I'm not going anywhere. Besides, if the guy who didn't get hired because he didn't go for his drug screen is still there, I doubt I have anything to worry about. Thanks for the concern, but I'm pretty sure when TWC finally takes over and we are through the nightmare of call flooding, all of us contractors will be let go anyway. I could just tell by the overall body language of the call center manager at the last meeting when she brought the subject of hiring us up. She had guilt written all over her face. I've gotten pretty good at spotting that sort of thing and using to make pretty accurate predictions.

All that being said. Rainy and cool Sunday grettings to you and Noah. I hope Noah has enjoyed his time looking outside and that you two enjoy each other's company watching your program. Theresa and Tang are well, even though the weather didn't allow balcony time. I hope you and Noah have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy, chilly with temps only in the 30's Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sorry that you may be facing yet another "outsize" experience when the merger is complete with TWC. This certainly does not lend any financial security confidence, and I am very sorry about that. Wish you could find decent employment while you still have a paycheck so that you would not have to endure yet another journey of unemployment and job uncertainty.

Am tempted to put a fire in the wood stove this afternoon, but do not really feel up to tending it. So I turned up the temperature on the portable heaters. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap.

I trust your travels to work went more smoothly today, and I hope all is going well for you at work, my friend. Looking at the clock you have about 2 hours left on the clock to get through until the best part of the day begins - - your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Rainy but not too chilly Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah as well.

I didn't mean to sound like I was on a rant (when I re-read my post, it seemed that way to me) I'm just getting tired of being "run over" by the workings of "corporate America", you know? I guess I really need to start paying closer attention to my email inbox and all those job search engine results. But to be honest, most of my decent jobs have come from out of the blue in my over all experience. My old shcedule did have the advantage of being able to go on interviews on a weekday w/o losing pay. I guess we will have to see.

Today's travels were better. The first bus driver was actually there - and on time. Spinning all sorts of "tails" as to why she wasn't last week (sigh) at least I got here OK. Today was busier than I have seen it in some time, which I didn't care for. But most of the people I spoke with were half way nice.

Well, getting ready to head on out of here from the job I won't go as far as to say I hate, but not liking very much to get home to Theresa and Tang. I hope you and Noah had a good day together and that your evening is blissful and warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant the only warm day of the week with temps in the 50's Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your commute to work yesterday was uneventful - - this is always helpful, and especially so on Mondays.

Today has been pleasant. Since there are no major projects in the fires this week I have been able to get caught up on some reading. Noah has thoroughly been enjoying the sunbeams today, and is now stretched out next to me taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. May start a load of laundry later on depending on how motivated I become.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sunny and cool Tuesday greetings to you and Noah. Posting later than usual because I had to go by Kroger RX after work to get more insulin syringes for Tang. I was going to go before work but my second bus this morning was 10 minutes late.

Glad to hear that you could take it a little easy for a day. And that Noah had his sunbeams to bask in. Work was a little less busy, which was nice. I could have sworn I heard the call center manager's boss calling my name just as I was getting a call. Then he greeted me by name in the hall later on. I've never even been formally introduced to the man or talked to him. I wonder what gives unsure.gif

Not much going on here. Just got done taking care of the fur kids. My Netflix didn't come today, so nothing to watch tonight (sigh) They're sending an extra out tomorrow. I hope that you and your precious Noah had a very good day and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny 50-ish degree Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sharing your observation with the supervisor: "I could have sworn I heard the call center manager's boss calling my name just as I was getting a call. Then he greeted me by name in the hall later on. I've never even been formally introduced to the man or talked to him. I wonder what gives" - - it does make one ponder and make one somewhat suspicious about the motivation. I hope it turns out to just give you a pleasant day - - perhaps he received some very good news about something which flowed over in your direction.

I have been wanting to finish the project on the upstairs master bedroom bathroom commode - - one that I started last summer during the big power outage the last of June replacing a leaking water tank mechanism. Seems I did a fairly good job on it, but there is a slow leak around one of the screws that holds the water tank to the commode, so I will need to get new screws my next errand trip. While I was working on this project Noah came upstairs to supervise the work.

We have sumbeams again today, and the long term forecast for now is improving a bit with the coming eastbound storm being mostly rain instead of frozen precipitation come Sunday into Monday. This is very good news indeed, but Mother Nature always has the final say.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Chilly but sunny Wednesday greetings to you and Noah. Tomorrow is the first day of spring and it's supposed to be the coldest day of the week with a high in the mid 30s huh.gif January and February we had 60s and even a few days near 70, and now this.

Pondering the work thing from yesterday too. My experience is they tell you when it's good news. But I've heard nothing and I'm still here, so there's that.

Sounds like you have your hands full with your project; am chuckling at Noah "supervising". That was always Tom's thing. Especially if I had to have the cable guy or maintenence over. The latter always put on the door hanger "The gray and white cat was a great help smile.gif" He was such a special boy. I also admire your tenacity in making these repairs. I wouldn't have a clue where to begin, and am glad I live in an apartment for that reason.

Not much else happening. Getting ready to pack up and trek home To Theresa and Tang hoping all goes well with that. I hope you and Noah had a great day "working" together and that your evening in blissful and warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny turning cloudy chilly temps just above freezing Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

There is something to be said for apartment living - - not having leaves to rake, yard maintenance, structure repairs / maintenance. However, having lived in an apartment setting for several years and now having the blessing of this little house in the woods - - it would be a major adjustment going back to apartment living - - or any other type of senior provided living arrangement. I truly hope to be able to live here for as long as air is exchanging in my lungs.

Worked on scheduling some bill payments today for the upcoming April bill-a-thon while Noah enjoyed the sunbeams that are now fading fast. Just looked at the latest weather forecast for the next several days and it doesn't look as hopeful as it did yesterday with us missing some form of winter-type precipitation. I called my tax preparer to see if my taxes are ready so that perhaps I could pick them up before the oncoming weather comes in, but got word that they are still somewhere in the stack waiting their turn to float to the top. So at this point, if the weather report holds true, unless they are done by tomorrow and I am notified they are ready to be picked up sometime tomorrow afternoon, it may not be until next Wednesday or Thursday that I would be able to make the trek to the tax preparer's office to pick them up - - if they are ready sometime next week.

Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and a trek to the mailbox. It will be a cold trek today.

Only about 2 hours to go on the job and then the best part of the day begins for you - - your homeward trek to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are eagerly awaiting the familiar sound of your footsteps in the hall and the click of the key in the lock announcing to them that daddy's home. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sunny but very chilly Thursday greetings to you and Noah. So much for the start of spring, huh?

Sorry to hear about your taxes still not being done, I hope he can get to them soon. I can understand your pride in your home in the woods. At times I even envy you that. I just meant I'm more suited for apartment living in terms of repairs. I can always dream about having a "smart" house with all the technical trimmings of the 24th century wink.gif

I got a "bite" in my email and voice mail today from a recruiter from another agency. Help desk temp to perm for Norton Healthcare (which means it's probably downtown) We are trying to set up a meeting by where I work Monday morning before my shift. I'm curious to see how it pans out. I thought you might want to know.

Four days down and 1 to go before another weekend. Getting ready to pack up and trek home to Theresa and Tang whom are no doubt anticipating dad's return. I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well and got more sunbeams today. Hopefully you both had a wonderful day together, and your evening will be peaceful and warm. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, I hope that interview with Norton Healthcare works out for you. They're a good company to work for anyway, and from what I know about working in healthcare it's a different atmosphere. You might find it a more pleasant place to work, plus they offer lots of benefits and there are opportunities for you to move up. I hope it works out for you. They probably also offer tuition assistance which would allow you to further your education and become more marketable and move up in your career. And btw. they are downtown. Hopefully it's a better bus connection for you as well. Good luck!
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

I hope it works out too. If you have been following this thread, it looks like I won't have any choices in a few months after the TWC migration. How nice it would be to leave on my own terms and not theirs. Last of my training class. I have heard God closes one door and He/She opens another. It would be so nice not to have to deal with the general public anymore as my "customers" would be Norton employees. My best to you and your girls.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Adding my best wishes to DannysMom that you will be able to arrange an interview with Norton. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

Been focusing on getting caught up with some e-mails today and enjoying the sunbeams with my precious Noah. Beginning tomorrow late afternoon / evening and through the weekend the weather is supposed to be quite winter-ish with a mixed bag of rain / freezing rain / sleet / snow - - yukers. I know something is heading this way as I have a bit of a migraine headache today.

Noah has had his lunch and is giving himself a spit and polish before he settles onto his lamb's wool cushion for a nap. Still have the lunch dishes to clean up.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Somewhat warmer TGIF greetings to you and Noah as well. Looks like we will have a semi warm weekend here and then some wintery mix coming in by Sunday night. What happened to spring? Sorry to hear about your migrane sad.gif Hope it gets better.

Thank you for the well wishes on the job. Monday I will be meeting with the agency rep to go over the job and hopefully go from there. I didn't apply for this, he found my resume' on CareerBuilder.com. When that happens, in my experience, it usually turns out to be a good opportunity. It would be nice to move on on my terms, as you say. Instead of getting caught short. It would be an easier commute, probably more money (from my experince in that kind of job) and less stressfull, as all my "customers" would be internal; no more general public. I really hope this turns into something. Thoughts and prayers always appreciated.

Chuckling at Noah's spit and polish as always and glad he's doing well. Getting ready to pack up and head home to the kids to start enjoying my Caturday Eve. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

HAPPY CATURDAY to you and Princess Theresa and Sgt. Tang. I hope your errands, shopping, etc. go well today.....The healthcare job sounds good. Of course you are in my thoughts and prayers for everything to turn out right for you no matter what the outcome.

Haven't seen Blackie anymore, but we have a colorful array of cats that do come by to eat. We have a new one we named "Marble". He/she is a small black cat with tan colors swirled all through the fur, very unusual I think. The big solid white one "Snowball" came by one afternoon, inspected everything, glanced around and left. I think he is the big boss with an attitude. cool.gif

Give the furbabies a special pat for me and have a good afternoon. Have a warm and peaceful night too.....God Bless...

LMM
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy coolish Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad to know that you will be seeing the agency rep on Monday about the Norton job. I hope this works out for you - - if it turns out to be something that you would like to pursue after your meeting.

Hope your errands went well today, and that you and your precious companions are now able to enjoy the rest of the weekend together.

Worked on the April bill-a-thon today, and have done the security updates on the desk top. Noah has had his lunch and is taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion. PBS is showing a program on Pancho Barnes who is famous for her flying clubhouse during the aviation research and development years at what is now Edwards Air Force Base, CA. Chuck Yeager is one of the pilots interviewed for the program - - which brings back a great memory during my years employed with the FAA when I had a chance to speak with this very gracious man on the phone when he called to request some information.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make - - at least the wind isn't blowing at gale force speed today.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey for the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers.

Happy Caturday to you as well. I'm saddened that Blackie has not returned. Perhaps the dream you had about his having joined the angels is true. If so, I hope Mickey and Tom were there to greet him and show him the ropes. Marble does indeed sound like a pretty kitty. Perhaps Snowball is the "boss" as you say and was just making sure everything looked to be OK for his "troops" the other neighborhood strays. As always, bless you for your efforts and their bahalf. Hope you had a wonderful day. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam for the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. Caturday greetings to you and Noah as well.

Today started out cold and gray, but the sun came out and started warming things up as I made my way through the neighborhood to the Dollar Tree and Save-a-Lot. This being the case, I allowed for some balcony time For Theresa and Tang; Tang of course opting to supervise dad putting away the groceries wink.gif

No less tan 3 moving vans in the lot today. Two for my building and one next door to mine; all moving in. Some of them didn't look like the quiet types either. But, so far, no noise other than the usual sound of moving. Let's hope it stays that way.

You must have a different set of programing on PBS where you are. We never have anything that interesting. You worked for the FAA? How interesting. How long ago, and what did you do? Did you mean you Spoke to Chuck Yeager himself, or just someone very nice? Mr. Yeager is indeed an distinquished part of aviation history. And has a nice little footnote in the Star Trek universe. The Yeager Loop is a shuttle piloting maneuver taught to Starfleet Acadamy cadets (See Star Trek the Next Generation eppisode "The First Duty")

Not much else going on here today. Getting ready to clean Tang's ear and insulin and food, water, litter for both he and Theresa. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful Caturday and that your evening is warm and blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy cold Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope by now your laundry is done so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the rest of today together quietly and peacefully.

Yes, I did indeed have the honor and privilege of speaking with Mr. Yeager personally on the phone, and providing him the information he was requesting. I also had the opportunity to tell him how much I admire him for his bravery and dedication to aviation and to his country. He was very gracious to me, and humble in his attitude and response to me. The FAA was one of my employers through my 40 years as an office slug - - paper pusher - - officially classified as "secretary." Thanks for the info about the Next Generation episode. HuluPlus now has all of the Star Trek series, and I'll look forward to watching that Next Generation episode. I am presently making my way through the Enterprise series with Scott Bakula - - which I am thoroughly enjoying, and which is providing background insight into the original series with our infamous Capt. Kirk and Spock.

I hope your new neighbors will be respectful tenants, and will not become influenced by those who are not. Glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday in a timely manner, and that your precious companions had a chance for some balcony time.

There are a couple of programs on PBS this afternoon that I want to watch - - one of them is a documentary on the obstacles women endured serving as war correspondents during WW II. Noah is totally disgusted with the weather outside. It isn't too unusual for us to get a snow event this late in March, but I must confess I agree with Noah that it will be a lot nicer when the weather becomes more consistently Springish.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Chilly rainy Sunday greetings to you and Noah. The snow isn't here yet, but is supposed to get to the outlying areas tonight. I truly don't need accumulation in late March with morning travels more important than ever. A while ago we even got a clap of thunder which scared the heck out of Tang. Poor little guy will probably never forget where he came from. But I assured him he was safe with me.

Laundry was OK, but there were 2 loads already in the dryers. One of which was the upper of my 2 favorites. So, I had to use the lower and the lower on the far left I knew to be good. Hate separating my loads like that but oh well. The guy did come to claim his clothes before the end of the cycle which was good; making a comment about how this is a good time to do laundry which was not dry.gif I hope that does not mean he's going to make it a regular thing. I get up early for a reason.

Very impressive that you were able to speak to Mr. Yeager and that we was so nice. I liked Enterprise too (have all 4 seasons on DVD) Too bad it suffered the Bakula curse (canceled after 4 same as Quantum Leap) it was really getting good. There was even a mention in the 2009 movie. Kirk asked Scotty who/what he used in his transporter experiment to which Scotty replied Admiral Archer's prize beagle (I hope it wasn't porthos)

Today has been laid back an full of cuddles with the kids. Tang has been fussing with that ear more than usual. I guess it's this crazy weather. In fact, it's raining pretty hard now making it pretty much useless to try to put food out for the strays; poor little waifs. I wish I could do more. I hope you and Noah had a good day, although he wasn't able to enjoy sunbeams, and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, windy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Yeah, the constant changes in weather, barometric pressure, pollen, etc., can contribute to chronic physical challenges. I'm so sorry that your precious little Tang's ear is pestering him. The good news is that he has a loving dad to take care of him, and that goes a long way to helping make things "better."

Have about 3 to 4 inches of heavy white coating on the ground. Went out about 11:30 this morning and cleared the slush at the end of the driveway at the street from the snowplows, then turned my attention to the upper end of the driveway at the garage. Got the upper layer of heavy slush cleared away with the exception of my little turn around area - - my feet were beginning to freeze in my boots and it was time to come inside to thaw them out. The temps are supposed to warm up beginning tomorrow, so I'm hoping Mother Nature will take care of what I had to leave to melt naturally. I'm not planning on going out until Wednesday at the earliest, perhaps Thursday depending on how clear the driveway and turn around are, to make a run to the post office, and also need to make a run into town to the vet's office to pick up another bag of dry food for my precious Noah. So glad I don't have to go out until I'm ready to drive.

Noah and I heard the birds chirping this morning and it was almost as if they were asking: "what happened to spring already?" While this snow is great for the well, I really am hoping and praying that this storm is winter's official last gasp.

Noah and I have had our lunch, and my precious little boy is snuggled on his lamb's wool cushion taking his nap. Still have lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Chilly, windy, snow flurry flying Monday greetings to you. Does not appear to be sticking, but it's ugly out there. I'm with the birds - What DID happen to spring? I get those looks from Theresa and Tang too. I just tell them daddy doesn't control the weather (if he did he wouldn't need to work) I suppose they think I'm all powerful/knowing - bless their little hearts.

Sorry you had to work so hard to remove the snow, and hope you and your feet are warm and dry. I don't blame you for not wanting to go anywhere. I too hope this is the last of winter and spring comes soon for real.

The meeting this morning went OK, I guess. I took an earlier bus to make sure I wasn't late; didn't need to because I saw mine zipping by a few minutes before he showed. Just went over the preliminaries. It's not downtown (bummer) but still doable according to the TARC web site. At least no express buses would be involved saving me 35.00 per month. He hasn't responded to my email since then; not as agressive as he was in first contacting me. I hope didn't do or say something wrong. That would be a cruel joke, now wouldn't it?

Work was busy with more agents in Ohio again. But it's over and getting ready to trek home in this yucky weather to the kids. I hope you and Noah had a great day (as good as you can w/o sunbeams) and that your evening is warm and cozy. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy melting Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad your interview went reasonably well yesterday. I hope you will hear back with a positive response, my friend. Being able to save $35 a month would probably feel like a bonus financially. But if for some reason this particular job doesn't work out, don't lose hope - - just continue to keep your options open. I look forward to knowing how this works out for you.

Not much happening here today - - basically getting my "steam" back from yesterday's shoveling exercise. The snow pack is receding like the glaciers, only at a little slower pace than the glaciers. When I make my trek to the mailbox later on I will see what progress has been made by Mother Nature on clearing my turn around area.

Noah is doing well. He has had his lunch, done his spruce up, and is now curled into his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Tuesday greetings to you and Noah.

Started out the day getting pelted by huge snow flakes that didn't stick but made the morning commute yucky. Seems to have settled down now. Glad to hear your "glaciers" are receding naturally so you don't have to expend more time and energy on removal.

I got a call on my cell just as I was going on break from a different person at the agency who actually works the Norton accounts. We are workig to set up an interview, so that's positive, I guess. Perhaps with any luck I can avoid the Insight to TWC migration mess all together (fingers crossed) Busy at times today due to short staffing (would not miss that either, thank you very much)

I'm glad to hear your precious man Noah is doing well, as always. Getting ready to pack up and head home to Theresa and Tang. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, that is great news about the setting up of an interview with Norton. They're a good company to work for. They won some kind of award in 2011, I think it says that on their website. I hope it works out for you. Here is a list of good questions to ask at an interview: http://www.resumagic.com/interviews_questionstoask.html

I hope this helps you. I know that interviewers are not very impressed when candidates don't ask questions at the end of the interview. They also don't like when someone asks right away about benefits and salary as they are looking for someone who's really interested to work for the company. Do you know what shift you would be working there? They may have a 24 hour helpdesk, but then again they may not.

I hope Teresa and Tang are well and that it warms up soon in your neck of the woods. It is a bit cool here too, and me and the girls are ready for Spring. Mindy snuggled real close to me in bed this morning and that was sooo comforting that I almost didn't want to get up! smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny still chilly Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Adding my congratulations to DannysMom's about your getting an interview. YES!!!! I hope you will be able to set up a mutually agreeable time, and that you will get the job - - if it is one you would like to have after your interview. I know you will do okay, my friend. Please let us know how things go.

Yesterday when I made my trek to the mailbox I saw that the snow cover in the turn around area had greatly diminished thanks to Mother Nature, so that is very helpful indeed, and the driveway was completely clear from the slushy leftover from my shoveling exercise of Monday. Did a load of laundry yesterday evening - - still need to get it out of the dryer.

Today I ordered the little electric tiller / cultivator on Amazon which is scheduled to be delivered Friday. Since I have now re-joined Amazon Prime I did not have to pay any shipping charges - - which was nice. So hopefully the weather will begin to get a little more consistently warmer so that I can get outside to work the ground so that I can get some grass seed down.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing my errand run to the post office and the vet's office, as it is supposed to be a little warmer than today. It would be nice to have some sunbeams for my precious little boy to enjoy, too.

Once again, my friend, I do hope and pray that your interview with Norton will go very well for you and that you will get the job offer - - again providing that it turns out to be a job that you would want to have after the interview. But for now, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom, and moon_beam

But congratulations are unnecessary. This morning on the way to work I had a bit of an incident on the bus that forced me to return home. The less said the better, but it was quite humiliating. I was determined to not wast the forced time away from work by calling the agency to set up the interview for today. It was at 1:00. With timing of both buses this took a total of 6 hours from leaving to getting home.

The rep from the agency gave me a folder with extra resumes and said I should be ready to answer "scenario" questions, which I was. The interview seemed to come to a screeching halt when she asked "What are your passions?" I was really not sure how to respond to that and asked her to elaborate. She got very curt at this point and gave some examples. Since my "passion" these last few years has been simply to be employed and at a decent living wage (and I don't think that answer would have gone over very well) I guess I kind of babbled and said any of those examples would be great opportunies. This pretty much brought a 30 minute interview to it's death in just over 10. She showed me out to the elevators so fast I almost got whiplash. Exact quote from the agency email: "Norton has decided this would not be a good fit at this time"

So, in addition to this morning's mishap that derailed my commute to work, I have managed to lose a day's pay. Almost get hit in the crosswalk downtown changing buses by a guy who felt I didn't have the right of way. Got stuck in the elevator going down after the interview. I have also managed to blow the only opportunity that has come my way in months.

So, all things considered, this has not been a remotely good day. I honestly do not know what the point of it all is any more to be perfectly frank. But I thank you both for your thoughts and support, and Hope you and your fur kids are doing well today. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.