Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us the WONDERFUL NEWS that your employment has been confirmed with a scheduled start date of next week. This is VERY GOOD NEWS indeed!!!

I know the next concern on your mind is getting assistance with your September rent. I hope you will hear back from the organizations that are able to help you. Please let us know how things go. As a suggestion you may want to check out some of the motels / hotels in your area that rent rooms with kitchenettes by the month that also allow pets. I know this isn't ideal, but if push comes to shove this may be a temporary alternative until you are able to find permanent residence again. Please let us know how things go.

I know you are sighing a HUGE sigh of relief this evening with the confirmation of your employment. I hope you and your precious companions will have a peaceful evening celebrating the resolution of this hurdle. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam.

Thanks for the suggestion. There are places around here that do that but for way more than I pay for rent now. Plus, what would I do with my stuff?

If I fail to secure the help I need, I will see what I can work out with the manager. Push come to shove, my first paycheck should come about 5 days after they send out non-pay eviction notices. I'm just going to do my best. I appreciate the prayers and feel free keep sending them.

Thanks for checking on me. I hope you and Noah have a great night. Blessings,

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

As moon_beam said, that is wonderful news about a job!!!! I hope and pray that you will receive some kind of rent asistance. My prayers continue.....God Bless...

LMM
Tom's Dad
Thanks LMM.

Blessings to you, hubby, the waifs and wishing you many butterflies from Angel Mickey.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I hope you are being able to make contact with organizations who will be able to help you with your September rent - - if not financially then negotiating with the manager to waive the eviction notice allowing you the opportunity to get settled into your new job. Please let us know how things go.

I can understand your dilemma about what you would do with your household possessions were you to have to temporarily relocate into a place where you could not take them. This would be yet another blow to the spirit at this time. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will not have this situation to deal with, my friend.

Still continuing with the project of sorting through collected "stuff" and "lightening the load" a bit each time. There are still some things I come across that I have mixed feelings about parting with at this time even though I haven't used them for years, so they go into a separate pile until I'm ready to make that decision. My precious Noah is doing well and is keeping me company with every project I undertake. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well. I can so relate to your mixed emotions about getting rid of things. Take your time. You can always get rid of them later, but you can't get them back once they're gone.

I found the Neighborhood Place FB page last night an messaged them. I got a reply to my surprise with a name and number. By that time I was able to talk to a lady and do a pre-screening. She said someone is supposed to call me back in the next day or so to complete the screening and make an appointment. Once I have that going I will try to sit down with the manager to see what (if anything) can be done. Wish me luck unsure.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and enjoyed some brief balcony time this morning before it got too warm. I also saw the little gray and white waif putting out food and water this morning. He/she tried to follow me it looked like.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that the contacts through the Neighborhood Place will be able to help you with the September rent / negotiating with the manager to waive the eviction notice. Please let us know how things go.

It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well. I know this is comforting to you and takes a huge concern off your mind.

Thank you for your encouragement and support in my "sorting" projects. You are so right when you share with me "You can always get rid of them later, but you can't get them back once they're gone." I have a tendency to keep things rather than dispose of them, so indeed I am not "rushing" to get rid of possessions.

Have been working on the big desk top today updating my address contact log book and working on financials. Read an article on the internet yesterday that the monthly premium for Part B Medicare could have a hefty increase next year from $105 to $160. If this is the final resolution mandated by our elected officials, then I will need to re-think my supplement plan. This is soooooooo irritating.

The good news is that my precious Noah is doing well. He is eagerly looking forward to his lunch, and it will soon be time to get some lunch in his bowl.

As always, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well. I'm so sorry to hear about your premiums going up, I know that is frustrating. Like I said before, AHC act was supposed to help us but instead created even more price gouging loopholes for the insurance companies. I'll keep you in my prayers that it works out for you.

I got a call from one of the churches last night offering to pledge 50.00 but need to go through MUSCL. I called them back, but they still said no. Apparently the reason they don't do current months anymore is because they got burned with making the rent and late fee payments and the tenants still got kicked out. I got a call from Neighborhood Place this morning and the earliest appointment she could make is 09/14 (well after I'm on the new job) I called the number for the location closest to me and the recording said they take walk-ins from 8-2. It's 2.23 miles from me according to Google, so I'm just walk it in the morning - faster than the bus believe it or not.

I talked to the manager and she said let's just see what they can do and she will take their payment and mine separately. As for stopping the eviction process, she said here again let's see what they can do first before revisiting the issue. Not sure what that means, but I'm hoping and praying for the best unsure.gif

During the morning provisioning I ran into Lulu and Tux. Lulu didn't seem to want to follow me, but Tux sure did. Followed me to the first food/water station, then to the next and back again. I sat on the bench and he rolled and kneaded and purred/meowed and rubbed my hand.

Theresa and Tang are both well. They enjoyed brief balcony time this morning with the cool but humid conditions. Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad Neighborhood Place has an office close to you so that you can go to speak with them this week and - - hopefully - - receive assistance. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that between the Neighborhood Place and the apartment management that you will be able to achieve a positive resolution. Please let us know how things go.

It was a late start to the day today - - guess I needed the extra rest. My precious Noah is doing well and is settled comfortably next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Not much on the agenda for today.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I can certainly relate to those days when extra rest/sleep is required. Especially with all the walking I had to do today.

Speaking of which, it was totally worth it. It was looking like I was going to be turned away and have to come back another day for an appointment. But looking suitably pathetic (which I also felt) the case worker went to ask another what could be done since I have to start work next week. Ironically, it was the same case worker that I had the appointment with 09/14 stat stepped in and processed everything. She called the apartment manager and faxed over a form that my manager sent back over while I sat there. They are pledging 400.00 which will help greatly. Things will still be tight until my first paycheck, but at least we won't be homeless or owe late fees.

I finally got my start date/orientation (09/08/2015) email but not a time. It said reach out to my recruiter which I did via VM, but have yet to hear back. Well, if I don't hear back my tomorrow at least this time I really can just "show up" since I have confirmation of the date.

Theresa and Tang are both doing well. They were acting a bit odd this morning as I got ready to head out on my trek. It's funny how they can just seem to tell when I'm leaving for longer than just provisioning or getting the mail. Even Tang's meow had a completely different tone than usual. But they are doing fine otherwise.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us this VERY GOOD NEWS that your trip to the Neighborhood Place was successful. I share in your total relief that you and your precious companions will continue to have your home while you get established with your new job. This is EXCELLENT NEWS, and I know is a HUGE relief to you. I'm sure your precious Tang was wishing you good luck and safe travels this morning.

I know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful evening tonight knowing that you still have your home AND your job to look forward to. I hope you will hear back from your recruiter to verify the time you need to be at work. This weekend will be an HUGE improvement for you and your precious companions. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam.

It IS a relief. Chuckling at your suggestion Tang was wishing me luck - he probably was happy.gif

One of the things I was feeling trepidation about the new job is seeing the sup that fired me at Gannett. Now I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the look on his face. Kind of a "win" when I think about it.

Peace and Blessings to you and your precious Noah.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm wondering if you have heard from your recruiter contact yet about a start time for Tuesday. I hope you will hear from him / her today.

Not much happening around the homesteady today - - all is quiet, for which I am very thankful. My precious Noah is doing well and is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Will work a bit more on my sorting project this afternoon.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and record heat greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well.

Right after hanging up from leaving a VM for the recruiter after I got home from my running, she called me back from my previous email. She seemed annoyed saying the time was in the offer letter, but I found it and neither it nor the attachment had times. So she looked it up and it's 8:00. So, I'm good to go with that.

Laundry and errands went well enough. Getting only what few items I needed (budget after all) I probably did not need my cart but took it anyway. When I got home, my AC was on the fritz. So, I went down to the office and left the check for my remaining portion of the rent after the pledge and reported the issue. The maintenance sup showed up a little while later. Apparently there is a kill switch in the furnace closet in the event of flooding that was in the wrong position. Since I've had no flooding, I can only imagine Theresa or Tang got in there and tripped it. Good to know for the future.

Speaking of the kids, they are well. The weather didn't really allow for balcony time this morning though. Theresa is sunning herself by the sliding door and Tang is "guarding" my shoes in the bedroom cool.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so very glad your recruiter contact supplied you the information you needed, so now you are "good to go" come Tuesday. So glad you don't have the holiday transportation schedule to deal with - - at least not this time, so you and your precious companions can now thoroughly enjoy this Labor Day weekend.

Have been busy on the big desk top. Got my auto and homeowner insurance renewals this morning so have scheduled those payments for later this month, and brought my financial ledger up to date with payments for September. So my financials work is done now until I get my bank statement. Also checked my savings account at the credit union and discovered my August statement - - which covers both July's (the "unavailable by technical difficulties" statement) and August's balances. So that issue has been resolved.

My precious Noah has been keeping me company through everything, and is now letting me know he is eagerly anticipating some lunch in his bowl. Cannot believe it is 2 pm already. Nothing much else planned for the rest of the day except a trek to the mailbox later on.

Once again, my friend, I am sooooo thrilled that you and your precious companions have this weekend to relax and celebrate your good fortune of having another job and the blessing of keeping your home. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well. Glad to hear online access to your bank account has been restored. I know that must have been frustrating.

I woke up on my own just before 6:00 this morning. Took care of the food, water, litter up here and insulin for Tang. I then went out to provision the waifs. Tux followed me around and was quite animated. I know he is probably looking for a home, but the food an water is all I can offer in addition to talking and interacting with them as time permits. I also saw Grumpy Cat, and for the first time he/she didn't run away. I wish they could all find fur-ever homes (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are both well and got some balcony time this morning as it was still fairly cool at that time. I had to drag Theresa in again as usual though rolleyes.gif They have both been excellent company. Not much else going on.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so smiling at your "sun worshipper" Theresa - - "gee whiskers, daddy - - do I HAVE to go inside - - PLEA SSSSSS EEE let me stay outside - -"

I can sooo relate to your feelings about the community waifs wishing they could find "fur-ever" homes. Still, they are blessed to have your caring provision and protection.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is stretched out comfortably on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I am looking forward to a quiet, low key day with my precious boy

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and hot Sunday greetings to your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well.

Yep, you just about summed up trying to bring my little sun worshiper inside. But when the AC kicks on at 78, it's time to shut the doors.

I woke up to the alarm at 6:15 and took care of my kids and then on to the waifs. Unfortunately, I didn't see any today. But I'm sure they will make their way out to eat and drink eventually. I think they go down into storm drain network under the back path to keep cool during the day.

Theresa and Tang are both well. It was cool enough for some balcony time after the provisioning, but they both came in on their own. Tang was a little miffed that my morning meal contained no meat. I told him that's the way it is until the finances improve, but it won't be forever. He was suitably unimpressed rolleyes.gif

Not much else going on. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, happy sunny humid Labor Day Monday to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news as to how your precious fur tribe, and you, are doing.

Tomorrow you will begin your new job and I hope and pray with all my heart that you will be spared all the "drama" that developed in your previous one. I'm glad you are no longer apprehensive about working at the same employer that your former supervisor is also working. You never know - - he may have given you a good reference. It's a new beginning for the both of you - - but most importantly - - for you. Please let us know how things go.

Have been busy today with the ongoing sorting of "stuff" and "re-purposing" of some things. Tomorrow I will make a trip to Goodwill as I have sorted a lot of "stuff" that I hope will be appropriate for Goodwill to use / sell in some fashion. I have put everything in the car so it's ready to go tomorrow morning.

My precious Noah is doing well - - keeping me company as I work on this and that. While I was upstairs load the car I turned on the central AC unit to help freshen up the house a bit. Soon it will be time to get my Noah his lunch and some vittles on the stove warming for me.

Peace and blessi
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Labor Day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well. Sounds like you have made your decision as to what to keep and what to get rid of. I hope the latter brings comfort and joy to whom ever receives it.

I seriously doubt that sup gave me any good recommendations considering how insufferably pleased with himself he was when he fired me dry.gif In any case, I'm just going go in and do my best. It's a brand new day.

Not much going on around here. Theresa and Tang are well and enjoyed some balcony time before it started getting too warm. Tang even sat on my chest and "kissed" my nose earlier today wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so smiling that this is your first day on your new job - - training for your new position. I hope your travels to work went smoothly and that all is going well. Please let us know how things go.

Got my errands done to Goodwill, the post office, and bank. As I was going to Goodwill I remembered I had forgotten a few items that I had wanted to take with me - - they will be included in my next trip whenever that is. My precious Noah was eagerly greeting me at the door when I got home, and is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear you forgot a few donation items, but I'm sure what you brought will be treasured by someone else. Smiling at your little man eagerly greeting you upon your return.

I got work just fine on the express bus. Since there is no training class for a few weeks or so, me and 2 others are being trained to take Discover voice authorization/address verify (pretty easy) I was thinking out loud whether I would wait 1.2 hours for the express home or just walk to an 18, and the lady next to me said she'd be glad to take me as far as Fern Valley (from there I could walk home) since she has to go down Preston farther than that to get on the 264 loop home. This saved time and a bus ticket - and not knowing how many more I will able to afford to buy (if any) between now and the first check (09/25) that's a real life saver. For now anyway unsure.gif The training schedule is going to mirror the lead for that area though which is Tuesday-Saturday (sigh) I managed to miss seeing the ex sup until it was time to go. I don't think he saw me, but there was a very sour look on his face.

Theresa and Tang are well even though they didn't greet me at the door - new schedule for them to get used to I guess. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad to share your news that your first day went well. So will you have Sundays and Mondays off - - at least during your training? I can understand your wanting to avoid contact with your previous supervisor for as long as possible. Please let us know how things go.

Have major security updates for both the desk top and lap top computers, so have been working on them this morning. The big desk top is now going through its security scan and should be able to shut it down when that is done. Not much on the agenda for today. Need to get an order in to Amazon for some items so will probably work on that. My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes rainy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well.

Yes, that will be the schedule for at least this and next week. Not sure where it goes from there. I was told they don't do shift bids anymore, but my sup would work with me as much as possible when it's time to go that way - so we'll see. I'd rather have the commute be the stumbling block than the work environment. You how I have struggled with that. And so far it seems like this will be a good environment. I think I know the reason my ex sup looked so sour. When he "bragged" to us about his new job, he said it was supervisor level 2, but when I looked him up in the directory, they have him as level 1. Sometimes Karma works in little ways, don't you think?

I have taken to doing the waif provisioning in the mornings before I leave for work. It's dark, cooler (which means they are more likely to be out and about) and no prying eyes, so it's safer. I saw Tux and I think one of the Siamese this morning.

Theresa and Tang are well and adjusting to the new schedule. They really were spoiled for the past 4 weeks. Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. Thanks again so much for your kind words and support through this latest ordeal. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you are already experiencing an improvement in work environment with your new employer. This is very good news indeed. Please let us know how things go.

Sounds like the community waifs are adjusting to your new schedule, and happy to share your news that your precious companions are thriving as well. I know seeing your precious fur family adjusting okay takes a huge concern off your mind.

It's a low key day here today. Have placed an order for a refill on Noah's food with his doctor's office, and tomorrow will include a trek to the special trash bins. My precious boy is doing well, which is always a blessing to share with you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well. I hope all goes well with your running tomorrow.

Well, 3 days down and 2 to go for my first week on the job. I really get the feeling things are going to work out well there. Almost like coming "full circle" by getting back into payment processing. From what little I have heard about the career path, I may well get back to the pay level I was at just over 5 years ago within a couple years.

The lady that's been giving me a ride to Fern Valley won't be able to help me tomorrow as she has to go another way. So it looks like I'm in for that long walk to the bus stop home, and both ways Saturday. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Theresa and Tang are both well and adjusting OK, but still a little "clingy" when I get home. At least I know they care happy.gif

Not much else going on here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Friday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry the lady who has been helping you with your travels will not be able to do so today and tomorrow, but it sounds like you have this under control knowing what you need to do. Please let us know how things go.

I'm soooo glad you are feeling good about how things are going so far in your training for your new job. Two years getting back to the pay level you were 5 years ago will go quickly, although I know right now that seems a long way off. And who knows - - perhaps there will be job opportunities with this employer to explore other departments in the future - - if / when you would like to do something else.

I was able to get the errand to the special trash bins done and back home to my precious Noah. It's nice to have that major chore done - - at least for now. My precious boy kept me company as I took my shower, and is now settled next to me as I'm writing to you.

The weather forecasts have been promising less humidity and hopefully that will happen sometime this weekend. Over the past couple of days there have been some boisterous storms come through the region during the evening but the homestead has been spared the brunt of the storms - - have only gotten some very light rain from the fringes. The homestead has not received any measurable rain now for about 2 weeks which is causing the leaves on the trees to wilt which are now forming a carpet on the ground in some areas of the yard already. The acorns and chestnuts haven't started falling yet, so that's good for now.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and cooler Friday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well. I'm sure it was nice to get your errand out of the way and back home to your little man.

Thanks for all the encouragement in the new job. It's still weird seeing the ex sup sitting just a few rows down (it's an "open air" call center with no cubicles) But at least he's on an afternoon/evening shift (something else that's not sitting well according to his FB) I got my permanent badge today around lunch time - 48 hours almost exactly as promised. So, I can come in any door now without checking in.

The trainer went home early with a stomach bug (know that feeling all too well) but he left us in the capable hands of experienced agents. The one I sat with first offered to take me to my bus stop, but then insisted on taking me home since it looked like rain; wasn't even on her way. Nice young lady. In fact just about everyone there is nice smile.gif (well, except for "you know who")

Theresa and Tang were delighted to see me walking in the door at 5:00. Both are well. Since it's cool and has not yet started to rain, they enjoyed some balcony time.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Tracy, it truly warms my heart to share your news as to how things are going for you in your new job. It is sooooo good to share your news as to how others are reaching out to you and helping you with your transportation. This has been a long time coming - - I am soooo happy for you, my friend.

I'm smiling at your precious companions having some quality balcony time yesterday evening. Perhaps you will be able to offer them some balcony time again this evening when you get home. And the good news is that you and your precious companions will have tomorrow and Monday together.

Much to my surprise today I received notification that my bank statement is available - - usually not available until the 14th of the month. So I have printed off the statement and can begin working on reconciling the checkbook at some point in time. My precious boy is doing well keeping me company in all my projects. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both still well. Good news about your statement being available early, I'm sure that's helpful.

The work day itself felt more like detention than work in that there was only one agent to sit with and the trainer had to be on the phones. So we just kept ourselves "busy" by going over some training material for next week when we weren't sitting with said agent. And there were very few calls anyway.

No such luck in getting help with the commute today - long walk in and back (and boy does my back hurt again) Since I can't afford to get much until I get paid, I did my errands on the way home and lucked into a UPS bus home (used my transfer from the bus going the other way and saved a ticket) So nothing but Laundry tomorrow, and nothing at all Monday.

Theresa and Tang are doing well and were both glad to see me. Since It's so nice out, I let them have some balcony time while I was getting things done around here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cool Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you didn't have any help with transportation yesterday, and am very sorry that your back is hurting again. The good news is that you were able to get your supply run done and get the UPS bus connection which was helpful in your trek homeward. I hope you will be able to get some rest today and tomorrow which will hopefully relieve your back pain. Please let us know how you're doing.

I can imagine your precious companions were thrilled at having some balcony time yesterday, and perhaps over the next couple of days as well weather permitting. We are definitely having autumn like weather here with temps only in the 60's today.

Not much on the agenda for today. My precious Noah is doing well and settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and much cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still doing well.

My back is feeling better today. Thanks for asking. I took a couple Ibuprofen (I had a nearly full bottle left over from that gout attack a while back) last night and used some heat rub. I think the next thing I need to do when I can is get a decent pair of walking shoes. I think I'm going to be in for walking at least one way during the week and probably both ways on Saturdays.

We too are having beautiful weather here. This morning when I got up to do laundry it was 51. I was able to get the laundry done late in the morning (between 6-8) and had no others in the room - pretty lucky. I allowed balcony time this morning and Tang went out for a while, but my little sun worshiper Theresa really soaked up the sun beams cool.gif I have left the windows open all day as even now we've reached our high of 70 with low humidity. They are out there again as I post this. Not much else going on here.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Sunday evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! As you said, the weather was nice today, but I'm not ready for real cold weather.

Sounds like you will like your work better and I am happy for you. Maybe your transportation will be worked out better later.

Not much going on different here, same kitties come by. This morning I was the first one to open the carport door to feed them. I told hubby there is a pile of cats out there. He laughed. Fluffy, Socks, and the two kittens were there looking up at the door. Fluffy still looks out for the kittens. We leave dry food out there all day, so they come back during the day or evening.

I see some small butterflies but not very many like we had last year. I dreamed the other night that two white butterflies lit right in front of me on the ground and stayed there. Maybe it represented Mickey and Annie, my two little white doggies.

Give your furbabies a special pet for me and have a cozy evening together.......God Bless.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Happy Sunday greetings to you, hubby and your waifs as well.

Glad to hear Socks, Fluffy and the kittens still come around for your kind generosity and that Fluffy looks after the kittens. Theresa and Tang are both well. I only saw Tux this morning while putting out food and water.

Thank you for the kind words about the new job. I too hope the transportation issue works out down the road. In the mean time, gotta do what I gotta do.

Not much going on here this evening. I'm sure that Angels Annie and Mickey sent the white butterflies to you in your dream to let you know they are still watching over you, hubby and the waifs. I hope you and yours have a great evening Blessings.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasantly warmer Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur family had a good day yesterday, and am very glad your back is beginning to feel better. Hope you are able to get a pair of good walking shoes - - if your feet and legs are comfortable and have good support then the rest of your body will benefit as well.

Today has been focused working on reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement - - and am glad to share with you that this has been successfully accomplished. Can't believe next week I will be working on the bill-a-thon for October. My precious Noah kept me faithful company and helped me "celebrate" when I was finished. He has had his lunch and mine is on the stove warming. Looking forward to a quiet afternoon and evening relaxing with my precious boy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Keeping it short today as I don't feel well - perhaps something I ate.

Theresa and Tang are both well and had some balcony time this morning. Theresa especially enjoyed her "sun worship" in the sunbeams and 60 degree temps happy.gif

Sorry about the brevity and I hope I feel better in the morning. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you are feeling much better today so that you can go to work, and hope your travels will be kind to you. Please let us know how things go.

So glad your precious fur family was able to enjoy balcony time yesterday. I know seeing them enjoying themselves helped to lift your spirits just a little even though you were not feeling well.

The weather is absolutely delightful here today, so my precious Noah and I are enjoying having the big door open and gated. Yesterday afternoon we were blessed with another visit by a couple of deer. This morning I was able to wash the remainder of my beloved Oslo's toys that I will be donating to Noah's doctor on Thursday when I go to get his food. So everything is ready to go now. My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you.

Once again, my friend, I hope you are feeling better today, that your day at work is treating you kindly, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both still well. Glad to hear you both could enjoy opening the big door to view nature's splendor. I'm sure what ever lucky soul gets your beloved Oslo's toys will treasure them always.

Feeling better today after 10 hours of sleep in the bed (been sleeping on the couch after I lost my job and it's been hard to get back in the habit) I put out fresh food/water, scooped out the litter boxes and gave Tang his insulin - that's it. No shower (did that this morning) or even supper. Sleeping in the bed again did reap certain rewards in 2 cuddle bugs though wub.gif

Took real calls today which seemed to go pretty well with the low volume for Discover authorizations right now. Our tech training class is supposed to start 10/26 (my birthday) I emailed he who will be my sup about my schedule and commute woes, and he said he would see what he could do. Even if it's nothing, at least he gave me that. No help with the commute home today or likely this week. Oh well. At least there was a Dollar General by that bus stop so I could pick up some cheap scoop litter (ran out this morning) And I'm timed right to get a UPS bus the rest of the way home it seems.

Theresa and Tang are both well and settling in.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you had a decent day at work yesterday, and hope things will work out with your new training supervisor and training schedule next month. At least you have a month to prepare your transportation options. Please let us know how things go.

Worked on a special note card for Noah's doctor when I go tomorrow to pick up his food order and drop off my beloved Oslo's toys. Have several graphics programs I use since I am not artistically talented. My precious Noah kept me company while I was working on the big desk top. We have had our lunch and my precious boy is now settled on my lap taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny ans warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope all goes well with your errand tomorrow and I'm sure the vet will appreciate the card.

Another successful work day out of the way. I have decided that what ever shift I end up on, I'm taking the express both ways when possible. I'd rather have the extra waiting around (they have a lovely game room with massage chairs) than this tedious walk. I could also do my shopping in piece work at the Kroger near by. I'd do it now but for the fact I can't spare the extra dollar both ways until I get paid. The only reason I was able to get 2 more weeks of ride tickets is because I had an additional unexpected deposit from Gannett. I guess I had more vacation time than they calculated. And even that barely covered that cost. So, I have just enough tickets and singles to get there and still be able to get meager provisions this weekend. So, just another week and a half of this.

I did not see any waifs this morning but the food and water was gone. I did see Tux the other day, but didn't have time to stop and chat. Little guy followed me for a while, so I guess we chatted on my way out happy.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well, as I'm always happy to report, and were pleased to see me when I got in. Both are settling into their respective evening routines. Not much else going on.

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry your travels for the next week or so will be a challenge for you and hope the weather will be favorable - - which always helps. The good news is that you can see an improvement coming for which I am very happy for you. And I'm also very thrilled to share your good news that your days at work are being "successful" - - this is a HUGE improvement, and am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this trend will continue. Please let us know how things go.

It is always a blessing sharing your news that your precious fur family is doing well, and that you continue to see some of the community waifs as you set out provisions.

It was a bit of a later start to the day than what I had planned, but was able to get the errand run to Noah's doctor's office done and back home before Noon. My precious little boy thought he was going with me. A greatly relieved Noah was eagerly greeting me at the door when I got home. Not much else on the agenda for today for which I am thankful. We have the big door open and gated to enjoy the fresh air and songs and sounds of the woodland residents. Now that the temps have cooled a bit my precious boy is back to cuddling with me after his breakfast at 6 a.m..

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

It's not that I don't have anything to post but I just got home a little while ago. I just didn't want you to worry. I will update you tomorrow. I hope you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Friday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for letting us know that you and your precious fur family are okay. Will look forward to getting caught up on your news whenever you are able to write in more detail.

Received a very pleasant call from Noah's doctor this morning thanking me for my beloved Oslo's donations. She said she will be able to make good use of everything for her clients. I'm very glad I was able to help her. When you start a new venture there are things you would "like" to have but need to put funds toward things you absolutely "need" to have - - such as competent staff, supplies, and equipment. So I was hoping my "donations" would help her with some of the things she "wanted" but could not invest in at this time.

My precious Noah slept in this morning while I took my shower, but roused when I was finished to keep me company while I got dressed for the day. Will begin working on the "bill-a-thon" soon for October as I will need to start scheduling payments next week.

Not much else happening around the homestead. Enjoying having the big door open and gated again today. Trying to enjoy this as much as possible as the forecast for next week is to be prohibitive of this pleasure.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. Glad to hear your vet will get some good use out of your precious Oslo's things. Also good to hear you and Noah could have the big door open to enjoy nature.

The reason I was so brief on the last post was due to getting home so late. I discovered that I had many more bus tickets than I thought. And since I can use 2 for an express bus (instead of 1 and a dollar) I started my change in travels then. Little did I know that a U of L game would snarl up traffic where the bus was coming from making it 30 minutes late. It was much better tonight though.

The tech sup signed off on letting me do 8-4:30 (same days so I'm still stuck for Saturdays) until I start training 10/26. But he's trying to make it permanent. So, barring any OT, I'll have an hour to kill before and after my shift. Or 2 hours ahead of my shift on 9-5:30 And I have to tell you, those massage chairs in the game room make it pass by quickly cool.gif

It's still going to be a rough week as I had thought my renters insurance was on my debit for which I had not yet given them the new card info. But it's on ACH. Granted it's only 13.00, but it still bit me kind of hard. I should just barely have enough dry food for my kids and the waifs until payday, and I still have a ton of that pasta that Lancelot's mom sent last tough time around. So, with a little creativity I won't starve until then. At least Banfield waived my August wellness plan payments and will start fresh when I get paid and with the new card.

Theresa and Tang are both well and preparing to settle in as I am about to. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you discovered you had more bus tickets to see you through until you get paid, and hope your travels will smooth out as you get more adjusted to the schedules. I'm glad your supervisor has approved your work schedule at least until you begin your new training the end of October. The "good news" is that nothing is completely "permanent" - - at some point in time you may be able to have your schedule changed to M - F - - but for now I hope the Tuesday - Saturday schedule will not be too difficult for the long-term. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this job will be a blessing to you - - offering you financial stability and a positive work environment. Please let us know how things go.

I'm also very glad to share your news that you have enough provisions on hand for your precious companions and you to see you through until you get paid - - which if I remember correctly from what you shared with us in a previous post should be the end of this coming week. Please let us know how things go.

Will begin working on the "bill-a-thon" today so that will keep me occupied until it's time to get my precious Noah his lunch. He is enjoying having the big door open and gated, as am I. It would be lovely if the rest of the autumn and coming winter could be as pleasant as it is today.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and pleasant Caturday (even though Sundays will be my new do nothing day) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and am glad to hear you could have the big door open again today.

The only way I'd ever get M-F is in a back office support role (which I'm not ruling out long term) Everybody on the phones has to work Saturday or Sunday. Best I can hope for shorter term is to get my days off back to back again. Work was pretty quiet and a co-worker offered to take me down to my bus stop facilitating getting home 1/2 an hour early. A one time thing as we all go on our regular hours next week. Which means only tomorrow off until I have to be back, and then I have to make a special trip back to get my check Friday as it will be paper the first time around. At least there is a PNC and a Kroger over there.

I really do like being back in this environment. As busy as it may get sometimes, it's not near as bad as the high volume and high pressure I have had to endure these past 5 years. Plus with 7 years payment processing experience, they let me know I am wanted there.

After getting sauce for the pasta and a few other cheap odds and ends I have 2.06 in the bank and 5.00 in my wallet (3.00 of which I'll need for bus fare to offset the tickets) But there is nothing else due to come out before the 25th and we have what we need until then. Except somebody chucked in one of the food bowls again dry.gif Luckily (with slight rationing which their weight control could use anyway) it was in an empty area and I was able to salvage the good food and clean up the bowls. There were some stern words about "That's all there is until Friday"

Otherwise, Theresa and Tang are doing well and we can have some quality time tomorrow. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From what you share with us it sounds like you are more at ease in your new job, and this is always a good thing. And it sounds like you eventually may have opportunities for other positions which is helpful as well. So will your new schedule be M - Thurs, Saturday, with Fridays and Sundays off? I know it's a bummer about the first check being a paper one - - but glad you have a bank close by so you can make a quick deposit and then get some provisions at Kroger.

It was an early rise morning here today. Noah settled down nicely next to me after his breakfast, but I couldn't get settled. Began getting a bit of a migraine, so I took some Tylenol which is beginning to help. My precious boy is settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you, and I may very well settle back down with him after I get this off to you. Nothing is on the agenda for today except sharing the day with my precious boy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and B-E-A-U-tiful day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and that your head is feeling better.

Early rise day here too for what will be my last Sunday doing laundry. There was another person in the room when I went to change my loads from washer to dryer. But I still got all my preferred machines. While that was going on I put out provisions for the waifs (having ration that food a bit too unfortunately) At different times during that and laundry, I saw Lulu, Tux, and the little black kitty and chatted with Lulu a bit bringing my finished laundry back in.

Yes the schedule you posted is what I will work going forward, 8-4:30. I don't know if training will be adjusted or if it will be 9-5:30, but it's M-F at least. As I said, my sup is working on making my schedule 8-4:30 permanent after that - we'll see. I am much more at ease there than anyplace I have been since Chase (yes, I see the irony in that. I've been miserable since leaving banking/payment processing in 2008) My goal is to go as far as I can not just for myself, but to show a certain sup a thing or two wink.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well. And since we have a high of 75 today with low humidity and light winds, there has been balcony time most of the day happy.gif My little sun worshiper is none too pleased with the occasional cloud cover though. Not much else going on.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, welcome rainy Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your laundry done in good time so that you and your precious companions could enjoy your Sunday together. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang enjoyed their balcony time, and that you saw some of the community waifs out and about greeting you. Sounds like you and your precious fur family had a very enjoyable day together.

Finally placed my order with Amazon this morning and did the security updates and scan on the big desk top. Also did a load of laundry which now brings me down to an empty basket - - for now. Wednesday will be busy scheduling online payments for October's bills. My precious Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know that mine is now ready. Now that the cold / rain front is passing through the area the migraine I had yesterday is gone - - which is a blessing.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. I'm glad to hear your head is feeling better. I'm sure that made your tasks today easier.

First day on the new schedule with no trainer (he works Tues-Sat) Busier than usual, but 41 calls in 7.5 hours is nothing compared to what I'm used to thankfully. The bus home was 15 minutes late (sigh) But at least my overall commute is but a fraction of when I worked downtown. Gone for about the same period of time, but only because of the wait before and/or after my shift.

Theresa and Tang were glad to see me when I finally got in, and I'm happy to say both are well. I opened the last can of food and they both scarfed down their portions. It should hold until payday though at the usual rate of consumption.

Not much else to report. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.