Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy with rain on the way T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope your MD appointment today went well - - as well as any MD appointment can go, and that if you need prescriptions you won't have any problems getting them this time around due to the improper actions of office personnel.

Sounds like you got most of your errands done yesterday so that the errands you have left to do will go quickly today and tomorrow. It's a busy weekend for you so I hope you and your precious companions will be able to enjoy most of your days off together.

Not much going on here today. Even the woodland residents are quiet in preparation for the rain that is forecasted to come through the area later today and on through tomorrow. My precious Noah is doing well and is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well.

It was and interesting day. It started as I was folding my dry clothes in the laundry room. A woman came in and said she recognized me as the cat feeder. I didn't deny it but didn't step up either. She said she wanted to donate and I said it's not necessary. Then she broke down and gave her life story; and a sad one it was. But I am not comfortable in those situations. I'm a natural empath, and if I let those gates open there is no closing them.

Then I get to the doctor's office and get hit with an 85.00 charge from July (sigh) I vaguely remember getting that bill and cursing my lousy insurance. But I never thought to get hit up for it in the office. That's going to hurt especially w/o my bonus this month. I can only hope no surprises pop up at the vet tomorrow. I tell you, I almost walked out but then I would not be able to get my RX. What a racket.

The rest of the day went OK I guess with Theresa and Tang providing purrs and cuddles. Both are doing well. it's raining pretty steady now, so it's probably not worth the effort to try and feed the waifs sad.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you had an outstanding balance from your previous MD visit to deal with. By law they must accept monthly partial payments until the balance is paid in full. Of course they want their money up front - - medical care is now a "business". I hope your precious fur tribe's check up today goes well. Please let us know how things go.

How nice that your "neighbor" wanted to assist with the ministry to the homeless waifs. It was kind of her to let you know she is aware of what you do for them and supports you in your efforts.

Had some financials to tend to this morning - - printing off the monthly bank statement for the "checkbook balance-a-thon." The big desk top is now going through its security scans and updates as I'm writing to you.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Not much else happening here today - - will be working on the checkbook.

I hope you and your precious companions' travels go well today, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Starting out rainy, but clearing and mild now Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear he is doing well, and I hope you are too.

My travels going to the vet were not so good. I called ahead for a cab to be here at 9:15. When it wasn't here I called again and was told they would expedite and get me one. At 9:25 I called and was told one was on the way. At 9:35 I called and was told that driver dropped it (broke down I found out later) When I became upset at this the agent got snotty and said "I can't send a driver out there with you all angry." I hung up on her and called right back and got someone else. Bottom line is it was after 9:45 when a driver showed up. I barely made the 10:00 appointment.

Once there it got better. Dr. Mills did the check in pre-exam himself and asked if I had things to to while they were there (I didn't even have to tell him. That's really knowing your patient's care givers) I got in and out for a hair cut, the same at the Kroger pharmacy. I then picked up a few items in the store as I did not do any "grocery" shopping this week. I got the bare essentials and still spent more than I should have. This is another reason I stick with Save a Lot.

Theresa and Tang both got clean bills of health with Theresa getting her full range of shots (Tang isn't due yet) They both really behaved themselves especially considering they were in the carriers longer than I was expecting due to the late cab. With this mild weather, they're both enjoying some balcony time.

For every neighbor that applauds what I'm doing for the waifs, there are 2-3 more that don't. From the guy with the dog, to the woman this morning peeking out at me from her sliding door and I think was taking pictures. I have only one question for these people: How is what I'm doing hurting YOU? I have found people with cats are much more tolerant of dogs then people with dogs are of cats. (I know there are people like you who have/had both and that is a group unto itself) I think I may have at least partially cracked the cases of the missing bowls. And in this case the thief is not human, but a raccoon. This morning in the first gully I spied the bowl almost all the way under the storm grating and a little paw and mask staring back at me. I moved the bowl under the fence to where it's mostly on the other side.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy, Happy Caturday evening to you and your precious furbabies. I'm sorry about your travels this morning, but I'm glad Theresa and Tang got a clean bill of health. Sounds like you have a nice and caring vet.

That was nice of your neighbor wanting to help you with feeding the little waifs. Yep, there will always be the hateful ones who don't care. Those raccoons are really something, they eat up everything and look under everthing to see if they missed something. And they are messy, dirtying up the drinking water while washing their feet. Last summer one opened the sliding screen door on the patio about 2 inches, also tore a hole in the screen. They are cute tho' and if anybody wants them for a pet, then I respect that.

Well, we haven't seen Smokey since that last huge snow storm. The last time I saw him, I fed him and Sox before dark before the storm. He was at the carport door and when I went out he turned around. As I was following him he stopped all off a sudden and p**** right on the outside rug and almost on my foot. I told him to move and he went under the car, the last I saw of him. He would do his business anywhere he wanted, even in the good weather. Maybe he wasn't well, I don't know. I feel bad for hubby because Smokey was his favorite.........Sox and Fluffy (a dark gray fuzzy cat) have been coming back. I fed Sox the first thing this morning. He was grabbing the canned food from under my hand as fast as I was spooning it out. We keep dry food out all day as long as the black birds stay away.

Well, that's all the cat tales for tonight. I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cozy night together.....God Bless...TTFN

LMM

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny windy pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you had a difficult time getting a cab to get your precious fur tribe to their doctor's appointment. Thankfully you were able to get them there. The good news is that Dr. Mills was able to give them an excellent bill of health which I know takes a lot of concern off your mind. And the bonus is that they were able to enjoy some balcony time when they got home, which I know they thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm chuckling at the racoon "bandit" pilfering the food bowl. Hey - - when there's free food - - all is fair in claiming "dibs." Hopefully the homeless waifs get most of the food.

The sunbeams are shining bright and cheery today accompanied by a gusty wind. The forecast is for the wind to diminish and temps to be in the 60's tomorrow with bright sunshine so I might be able to do some yard work tomorrow. Today, though, my precious Noah and I are enjoying each other's company.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi LLM. I hope you, hubby and the waifs had a good Caturday.

I'm not counting too much on the neighbor considering her well, mental/emotional state. Plus, from what she told me about the thing she lives with, I have a feeling he is one of the jerks trying to thwart my efforts. At the rate my bowls and containers disappear (and occasionally reappear) I can't keep track.

I am so sorry to hear that Smokey has not returned since the last big snow, and am praying he is OK. I don't think his "accident" was meant to offend, quite probably the opposite (cats can be a bit strange) I hope he returns to enjoy your hospitality along with Sox, fluffy and the others.

I hope you all are well and that you have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant spring like greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and enjoying nature's symphony.

I guess I'd rather a "bandit" was making off with the food and bowl (it would explain why they tend to turn up again after a while - like he's asking for more) I had to put out the lid to the other container that disappeared and has yet to reappear for the waifs near where said "bandit" was as I could not find the bowl anywhere (sigh)

Work was really slow for a Sunday up until toward the end of the day and it spiked. At least I still got my 1 on 1. I did as you suggested in telling my sup about my "concerns" in regards to our director's "comments" about the local media. I doubt anything will come of it, but if the director has 1/2 a brain (no guarantees there) It might gain me a bit of "leverage"

Travels home were timely and reasonably quite. Theresa and Tang have really enjoyed balcony time with sun and 60 degrees happy.gif
Both are inside relaxing now and doing well. There was a funny point when Tang jumped at the sliding door from the inside apparently not realizing the "intruder" on the balcony was, in fact, his big sis laugh.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny now gusty breezy warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your supervisor WILL understand the transportation predicaments you encounter when the weather is severe and a "state of emergency" is called by the Governor for no one to travel unless it is an absolute dire emergency - - both of which are out of your control and directly impact your ability to get to work. Please let us know when / if anything happens.

This morning I was able to get my body and mind in gear to take advantage of the prelude to Spring weather today to get outside to do some yard clean up in the back yard. And lo and behold - - 2 hours later I had been able to finish a major majority of the clean up. There is still some work that needs to be done, but I am very thrilled with what I was able to accomplish today. The wind was calm while I was working for the most part but began to get on the gusty breezy side while I was finishing up - - so I knew it was time for me to lay down the rake for the day. I am going to call a lawn maintenance contractor who does free estimates and soil testing to give me information as to what I need to do to begin combating the moss that is taking over the yard. I have read several articles online and all of them begin with the basics of getting the soil tested. After that is accomplished I'll take it from there.

My precious Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is now ready, so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and enjoying nature's spring symphony. Sounds like you got much accomplished, just don't push yourself too hard.

It's not really a matter of what my sup thinks. He means well, but is essentially powerless on such things. It's the director that's the "punk" in need of a few object lessons. I want him to "sweat" wondering what I may or may not do with the knowledge of his reckless comments. That's why I said "I can't imagine how upper management of the Courier-Journal or WHAS-11 would take such a comment" I followed that with "I may have weak eays, but I have good ears and a near eidetic memory" (because I do)

Travels home were 15 minuets late for the 3rd Monday in a row, but at least now I know why. The driver that picks me up has to wait on the other driver to get there to relieve him at the edge of downtown, and HE is always late. She said she's going to mention it tomorrow.

I came along the back way after checking my mail to see one of my dishes is gone again mad.gif I found the other one in tact still and had "customers" waiting on me as I did happy.gif I got another lid and headed down with a full cup of food, filled the first one and put the lid/food out for the second, and I think I saw Gray Tabby!

Theresa and Tang are both well and having a very leisurely tour of the balcony wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy gusty windy still warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companion doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you might have seen Gray Tabby when you fed the waifs yesterday. I know you have been concerned about her. I'm also glad your precious fur tribe had a chance to enjoy balcony time yesterday evening as well - - a sure sign that better weather is on its way.

The weather is too gusty windy to work outside today, which is why I'm even more glad I was able to accomplish what I did yesterday. Am taking advantage of today to get caught up on some e-mails. My precious Noah is doing well, and is settled on his big window bench watching the leaves blowing in the wind as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear he is well and hope you are too. You worked hard yesterday and certainly deserved a day to rest.

There is this nasty trend in call volume I'm really hating: Getting really slow after lunch and then spiking between 4-5 thereby killing any chances of VTO.

The bus was on time tonight but wasn't helped by downtown traffic and idiots on the wrong bus. But I got home much sooner than yesterday, so I'll call it a win.

Walking the back path in I'm finding by food containers are blowing away into the gullies. I may have to try to find something heavier. I did have my usual "customers waiting though happy.gif Theresa and Tang are both well and enjoying some more balcony time before it gets cooler again.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cooler less gusty windy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get home safely to your precious companions yesterday. Public transportation isn't a "walk in the park" for sure, but individual drivers can be a royal pain to deal with when they drive recklessly and carelessly as well.

Received a letter in the mail yesterday from the health insurance provider regarding the security breach from last fall confirming free identity theft services for its customers for 2 years. So this morning I signed up for it. I am waiting for a confirmation e-mail from the company that has been contracted to provide the service so that I can go back to the website to confirm registration.

Otherwise not much happening around the homestead today. The big desk top is going through its security scans and updates, and my precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and much cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. (Where did spring go?) I hope you are both well today.

Even less busy today but no VTO. I know it was offered as I saw some people leaving early. I guess I don't rate. Travels home started out on time but with downtown traffic we still ended up almost 15 minutes late. I anticipate worse tomorrow with all the people coming in for the NCAA basketball games. Thank goodness I'm off until Sunday after then.

Walking home down the path I had my usual "customers" They still won't come up to me, but they follow my voice and hand signals. It's a start I guess. Theresa and Tang are both well although it's a bit too cool to do balcony time. My thermostat went from 77 to 72 just sitting off with the cooling temps.

Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cool Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From my experience using public transportation in my younger years I can so relate to the traffic snarls you are experiencing and the frustration of having your travels delayed because of them. It's always a blessing sharing your news that you arrive home safely to your precious fur tribe.

Even though the feral waifs are still shy about engaging in personal contact with you, your loving patience and provision for them are being evidenced by their responding to your comforting voice. This in itself is a blessing to you, and I know your beloved Sir Thomas is so very proud of you for what you are doing for them.

Not much happening around the homestead today. Still have to get to work on the "bill-a-thon" which I will do after I get this off to you. I should have it pretty much done by the time it's time to get some lunch in my precious Noah's bowl.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well.

We were totally dead at work but for a few random spikes. I guess people are too worked up about NCAA March Madness to care about their newspapers. At least that's all what few people I talked to today talked about. I will never understand such proclivity for sports in our society. Especially the "armchair" athletes that think they know/can do better than the coaches and players. In the end it meant VTO at 2:00 which I didn't have to be asked twice to take.

I did my Dollar Tree errand on the way home and still walked in the door around 3:40. That means I can do my Save a Lot run tomorrow earlier than usual (They open at 8 where as Dollar Tree not until 9) and probably be home around 9:30 give or take. Theresa and Tang are both well, but sure were caught off guard at my unexpected entrance happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold soggy T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to take the early release yesterday - - I know this helped you in many ways. At least you know you can still be offered it, and this is good news by itself. I hope you were able to get your errands done quickly today so that you and your precious companions can enjoy most of today together.

The lawn maintenance contractor arrived about an hour ago, looked at both the back and front yards, and told me it would take about $800 to get it started back to a decent quality of health. I have approved the soil test and the pre-treatment fertilizer which will cost less than $100. When the results of the soil test are received, then the lawn will be treated accordingly to begin killing off the moss. I can pay as the work is done, so that's good. I know the cost sounds like a lot, but it's actually less than what I thought it might be, and I do have reserve funds I can use for this that will not break the budget. So we'll see what happens.

Not much else happening today. Noah is doing well and is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Since we had an "early rise" morning in anticipation of the lawn contractor, we both may be taking a nap together sometime today.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool, but a tad more spring like greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. I hope it does not cost too much to make your lawn pretty again and that you both get your much deserved nap.

I got up about 45 minutes earlier than usual to get the laundry done. There was one guy in there putting a load in a dryer I don't generally use, so it wasn't bad. I was able to get to the Save a Lot right as they opened at 8:00 and get what I need. I took too long to catch the 8:20 bus home and didn't want to wait on the 8:50. So, I walked home through the sub division and got in at 8:55. Not too bad.

After I put up the groceries, I trekked out to the field on the other side of the property fence to "rescue" 2 of my better bowls. There were some others out there (including the original metal one) but it was too treacherous to try to get them. I really doubt they are being blown or dragged (by the waifs) over there, and that some jerk is lobbing then over the fence. I angled one behind the utility pole, and the other behind that makeshift shelter that washed up on to our side after the melt and rain. Nobody seems to be bothering it, so I figure it was a good hiding place. My "customers" still show up for grub too.

Theresa and Tang are doing just fine, which is always a blessing. Theresa is back to her pattern of curling up in the coffee table nook, but comes out for cuddles when I'm on the couch watching TV. Tang decided to wander out to the balcony since we reached 57 today. He seemed to be intently watching the waifs eat happy.gif I almost get the impression he respects what I try to do for them.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores and errands done early yesterday so that you and your precious fur tribe could enjoy most of the day together. Am also glad you have found the bowls you put out for the homeless waifs. There is no doubt in my mind that your precious companions know what you do for the homeless souls and are so proud of you for providing them.

Was able to work a couple of hours in the front yard continuing the debris clean up. I was able to rake about 1/3 of the front yard which is very helpful. After thinking last night about the meeting with the lawn contractor I have decided to cancel his services. Instead, I met with another contractor last evening who is older and more mature in his approach to clients and is also certified in organic soil restoration procedures. He openly shared with me his credentials and understands my serious concerns about using toxic chemical-based fertilizers. He also understands that I am not looking to achieve a "golf course" lawn but rather one that is environmentally safe and healthy for both me and the wildlife inhabitants. He will also work with me on a consultant basis which is more financially feasible for me. So early this morning I e-mailed the other contractor letting him know that I am canceling his services, and I also called the office and left a message on the voice mail for both the contractor and the billing office informing them that I am canceling the contractor's services. So we'll see what happens.

My precious Noah has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you were able to find someone to work with you on the restoration of your lawn that is cognizant of your concerns for cost and environmental impact.

Been a pretty slow day around here in the house of T. I awoke at 6:20 to give Tang his insulin and then tried my hand at breakfast. Lately I have not had any luck trying to put eggs into a bowl for poaching without breaking the yoke (sigh) So I had what was left over from my supper last nigh instead. I did heat up a few of the pre-cooked turkey sausage links I though, which made Lt. Tang Happy happy.gif Speaking of which, both he and Miss Theresa are both doing well and enjoying the symphony of nature on the balcony as I post.

I just got back in from a 2nd feeding of the waifs (both bowls still ensconced where I left them) One of the Tuxedo cats poked his/her head up from eating to acknowledge me. He/she has the prettiest blue eyes - rare outside of Siamese.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you are continuing to find the bowls you use for feeding the homeless waifs. This is always helpful - - to both you and the waifs. I'm smiling at the Tuxedo kitty looking up at you thanking you for the food. They know you are doing what you can for them, and they are deeply appreciative.

I'm also smiling at your precious companions enjoying balcony time yesterday. So glad the weather in your area was good for that. Although temps have warmed there is still a bit of a chill in the air so I haven't opened the big door yet for Noah. That will come when both the temps and air consistently warm together.

Not much going on today here at the homestead. My precious Noah is doing well and is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mostly sunny but a bit cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I do my best to take care of the waifs. It's nice to know they seem to appreciate it, but I'd do it anyway. It just feels like the right thing to do. Work was slow, but unfortunately the first wave of VTO was offered in the middle of my 1 on 1. But I didn't get that email anyway. I did get the second round, but that was 11:45 (I get off at noon) which is exactly when the bus came. I took it anyway, if for no other reason to allow myself a casual stroll on a nice spring day to my bus stop instead of having to hurry.

The ride home was timely, if a bit crowded. Theresa and Tang are both well and have enjoyed some balcony time separately. Theresa when I got home, and Tang now as I post this. We all did enjoy a bit of cuddle time on the couch watching TV too.

Not much else happening here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I thought I'd stop by to say hi and to see how everything is going in your neck of the woods. We are doing ok here and enjoying the "thoughts" of Spring. I'm glad to see that Lt. Tang and Princess Theresa are doing well.

You are doing a great job feeding the little waifs. I think they really do appreciate it and in some ways show it. Fluffy now rubs on our legs like Smokey did and acts like him. I told hubby that Fluffy was Smokey who grew heavy longer hair during all that snow. I don't think he believed it though. rolleyes.gif Seriously, Smokey never did come back since that last huge snow. I know Smokey was a short haired Russian Blue or mixed. I looked on Google and there are long haired Russian Blues, looks just like Fluffy.

Anyway Sox and Fluffy are always waiting for breakfast in the mornings. Since I am the first one in the kitchen I feed them a plate of dried food with can food on top. They eat together in the carport and so far get along. I haven't seen any others recently.

I hope you and furbabies have a pleasant and cozy night and you have a good work week.....God Bless......TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM. Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Caturday to you, hubby and your waifs. I hope you are all well.

I'm saddened to hear Smokey has not come back around since that last big snow. It really doesn't look promising I guess sad.gif It sounds like hubby was really attached to him and taking it pretty hard. My heart goes out to you both. I'm glad to hear Fluffy and Sox still come around and are getting along. It seems like your numbers are thinning these days though unsure.gif

I personally have counted about 10 at most that I try to keep fed. The one little Siamese mix looks like she has really been beaten down by life which makes me sad. I believe she was really a beauty when she had a home; in my eyes she always will be. Shame on the monsters that put these truly special creatures out in the cold mad.gif (my rant for the day)

Thanks again for stopping by with updates. I hope you, hubby and the waifs have a very lovely evening with Angel Mickey watching over you all as always. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news as to how your precious fur tribe, and you, are doing.

I'm wondering how your 1 on 1 with your supervisor went yesterday. I hope you are continuing to overcome the "short-sightedness" regarding your inability to make it into work during the winter storms in your area. Please let us know how things are going for you.

Today is busy getting payments scheduled for the current monthly bills due. Tomorrow I will make my errand run into the vet's office to pick up Noah's food. I will also stop into the Agriculture office to pick up a soil sample test kit while in town and try to get that taken care of during this next week. The sooner I get that in for testing the sooner I will be able to begin the work on the lawn. Noah is doing well - - keeping me faithful company as I'm working on bills and writing to you.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. I hope all goes well with your soil testing for your lawn restoration.

The 1 on 1 was fine. As far as the time missed for the snow, that ship has sailed. I'm still on the write up and won't have any points drop off until the end of May. But even then, if I miss another day, I'm right back where I started. That being said, the good news is I got my OPS scores a little early for month to date and I'm moving closer to goal at 2.85. Considering I started the period off at 2.55, that's decent progress. Hopefully I'll get my bonus this time around. It's funny how when I squawk about possible "foul play" with scores, mine seem to mysteriously go up, huh?

Travels home were again 15 minutes late and criminally overcrowded. I guess the driver complaining about the other driver she relieves did no good, so I just called and filed a complaint myself. I'm so tired of getting home so late when I'm gone for so long as is.

Walking along the back path, my bowls are still in place and I saw Gray Tabby and one of the Tuxedos at their respective sites. Gray Tabby does not come up top me like she used to, but I'm relieved to know she seems to be faring well.

Theresa and Tang are both well and enjoyed a brief stroll on the balcony. Now she is tearing around like a maniac laugh.gif I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny coolish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your 1 on 1 went reasonably okay, and that your scores are moving toward the possibility of you getting a bonus this month - - which is good news. May is not that far away, so please know I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to "overcome" the "disciplinary event" for the "excessive absences." Please let us know how things go.

Today has been errand day, and it's so good to be back home. In my earnest desire to get errands done quickly I forgot to put my grocery cart in the car to take with me into the vet's office for Noah's food. One of the receptionists was kind enough to carry the three cases of food to the car for me. The next stop was to the Agriculture office to pick up the soil sample kit, and the last stop was to the post office to mail a package. In April the mail sorting facility in Roanoke will begin closing with all the regional mail now going to Greensboro, NC, for sorting and then packaged for delivery. So that means that ALL of the local mail will go to NC FIRST and then be transported back to the various local communities for delivery. The Roanoke office is staffed by many Veterans which require salaries, health insurance, retirement benefits, etc.. The NC facility is - - as I understand it - - completely mechanized - - or has significantly fewer employees because it is mechanized. Roanoke is taking another major hit in employment as the Norfolk Southern Railroad is closing its headquarters office and relocating employees to two other offices - - one I believe is close to the Virginia Eastern Shore and the other location I think is Atlanta, Georgia. These have been two major employers in this region for decades, and nothing is on the horizon yet to replace them. Neither decision makes sense to me - - particularly about the mail.

My precious Noah was glad to see me when I got home eagerly greeting me at the door. It is getting time to get some lunch in his bowl so will get this off to you.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, sometimes rainy and much cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. Sorry to hear you forgot your cart (you know I can relate) but glad the vet employee was willing to help you.

I hear you about the bleak job market (the fact that I need this job is the number 1 reason I hate it, among others) Louisville Slugger just announced it's selling to Wilson Sporing Goods and laying off 52 people! The article said the execs "gave a lot of thought to the decision" Yeah I'm sure they thought a lot about the big fat bonus checks they are going to get from Wilson at the expense of 52 displaced workers.

Work was dead but for a few surges and we got an early release, which is nice in getting to spend some extra time with the kids. Travel home was timely and uneventful. But I had that crazy driver that stops at McDonald's for a "bathroom" break and a 7 course meal dry.gif so I had to walk a little bit extra. I was turning the corner to the hotel and still didn't see him pass me. I don't care as I still got home early. Speaking of Theresa and Tang, both are well and were delighted to see dad home early wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly damp Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were included in the "early release" from work yesterday so that you could get home to your precious fur tribe earlier - - much to their delight.

Not a lot happening around the homestead today. Am doing the security updates and scan on the big desk top, and my precious Noah is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Just the rest of today and tomorrow to get through at work and then you will be home with your precious companions for your weekend together - - and thankfully it will not be one filled with errands and chores. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very pleasant (the rain and cold are due to return tomorrow) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Work was even slower than yesterday, but no early release; little wonder with how the phone system was acting up - 2 calls coming in at the same time, callers unable to hear us, calls in queue for several minutes and not getting any, etc. Travels home were late (again) I guess complaining about that driver being late downtown for the turnover is useless (sigh)

Theresa and Tang came bounding at me in the door with the "Where have you been daddy?!" looks. Both are well and enjoying what may be the last of balcony time until next week. Coming back out to feed the waifs, I about scared the heck out of one of the Tux cats. He was half way up the stairs, almost as if he was checking to see what was keeping me. I guess I have their "Where have you been?" to contend with now when I'm late getting home happy.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm smiling at the homeless waifs looking for you in eager anticipation of your generous provisions for them. As you know from LoveMyMickey's experiences even the homeless critters look forward to the loving care of a loving human heart. You, and LoveMyMickey and her husband, will be blessed for your loving care of those precious little souls who are homeless.

Late this morning I was able to get outside to gather soil samples so that I can get them in the mail next week for testing. I'm looking forward to getting the results so that I can begin the process of appropriately restoring the soil so that it can support a healthier ground cover. AT least that's the plan.

When I came in I found my precious Noah on his bathroom window perch keeping a faithful watch on what I was doing. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove. I'm looking forward to settling down with my precious boy for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Just a few more hours and you will begin your trek homeward to your precious companions to begin your weekend together. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope all works out with the soil sample in your endeavor to improve your lawn.

Sorry the post is so late, I knew I was forgetting something important unsure.gif Work was even more dead than yesterday and VTO was called at 1:45. Since I did 1.5 hours Tuesday, I felt it unwise to take that kind of hit. We peaked a few times enough that it wasn't called again before it was time to go at 4:00. There have been meetings with the director, ops managers, and sups all week which does not bode well. I imagine something bad is coming and they are trying to figure out how to save their back sides - probably at the expense of ours.

Travels home were more or less timely and I was able to get my Dollar Tree run done on the way home. The next UPS bus didn't show for 20 minutes after it was due, and I had to walk home.

Theresa and Tang are both well I am pleased to say. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah an d that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can understand your concern about seeing all levels of management "behind closed doors" - - it does leave one feeling on edge that something is "blowing in the wind". Just keep doing the great job you're doing, my friend, and continue to keep your options open for other opportunities.

I'm sorry your transportation has not offered adequate service recently. I remember so well in my younger years solely dependent upon public transportation and discovering that my "pedal power" - - putting one foot in front of the other - - would get me to my destination as quickly, if not quicker, than waiting on a bus to show up. Of course I was younger then and was able to do it. Now that I'm much older with physical challenges this is not an option. I hope you do not experience uncomfortable "consequences" from relying on your "pedal power" to get you home to your precious companions.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Have some e-mails I need to catch up on and will begin that when I get this posted to you.

I hope you were able to get your errands and chores done in a timely manner so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy most of this day together, and will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Most un-spring like TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. 38 degrees with a wind chill around freezing and snow flurries blink.gif Winter does not want to go quietly around here.

Laundry was OK even though one of my favorite washers was already in use. Fortunately, they chose a dryer other than one of my favorites. While my loads were going, I had to go on another "search and rescue" on the other side of the property fence. The tan bowl of the colony closest to me was gone last night, and the gray down the way was gone this morning. I found the tan one but not the gray one. I did, however, find the metal one that was there when I started feeding them and had long ago disappeared. I really don't know why these people have to be so spiteful and mean. Feeding the waifs is in no way hurting them.

I just got back in from the evening feeding (bowls still there - for now) and there was still about half the food there from this morning. At first I was concerned, but then thought it just means everyone is getting enough - at least I hope that's what it means.

Shopping was timely. I didn't finish in time to catch the 8:20 UPS bus back, but well before the next one. So, I walked home and got in at about 8:50. Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided cuddles, purrs, and "sandpaper" kisses throughout this lazy day after the chores were done.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold gusty windy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get chores and errands done in a timely manner yesterday so that you and your precious fur tribe could enjoy most of the day together - - which is the point for weekends / days off. The weather yo yo here does not surprise me too much as March is notorious for weather swings, and even last gasp winter-type storms. Fortunately we are not having to contend with any frozen whatever type weather this weekend, although some folks in other areas are. The good news is that whatever winter-type weather happens now won't last long.

Have been working on the big desk top this morning - - financials and printing off mailing labels for the soil sample. Also got the security updates and scan done. My precious Noah has been keeping me faithful company and is now eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but very cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Had to go on another "search and rescue" of the metal bowl today. Sure enough, it was just on the other side of the fence. But the cats can barely fit themselves through those little openings under the fence blink.gif But it occurs to be that sometimes I wedge them slightly into those holes to try to "hide" them. If they are eating from them on the other side, the could be pulling them over there I guess - and then there's the raccoons ph34r.gif

Theresa, Tang and I have all enjoyed a very lazy Caturday with cuddles and purrs all around. They are both doing well. Tang is out on the balcony despite the cool temps - with sun shining brightly if feels warmer than it is.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....Happy Caturday to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! Sounds like you had a nice day with your furbabies. All is ok here, but Socks didn't show up for breakfast. His plate of food stayed untouched all day. I guess Fluffy was saving it for him or had enough himself. Sometimes Socks stays away for awhile and then comes back. One morning this week I was too slow while spooning out his can food and he hissed. blink.gif He has such a pitiful "meow", so maybe he thought his hiss would work better.

I looked out on the carport one night and saw a gray cat and a raccoon eating close together. It could have been "Smokey and The Bandit", but it was "Fluffy and The Bandit". smile.gif ...We still haven't seen Smokey, but there was a Smokey look-alike on our local humane society page named Elsa, weighs 7 lbs. and doesn't like children or dogs. Smokey certainly didn't weigh that much and he liked most everybody and I believe he was a male. So I doubt that was him.....Anyway Fluffy stays around quite often and naps on the rugs and eats, of course.

That's all the cat tails for now, so enjoy your evening with your furbabies. I always think of our little angels, Sir Thomas and Mickey.
God Bless........TTFN

LMM
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you are being able to locate the bowls for the homeless waifs. Indeed, they could very well be relocating the bowls on their own. I know it's a bit of a hassle for you trying to keep track of where they may be, but you are commended for your dedication in providing for those who have a difficult time providing for themselves.

It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well. I'm smiling at your precious Tang enjoying the balcony time with the sunbeams even though the temps were on the chilly side yesterday. Temps are just squeaking into the 40's here today, which is warmer than the 30-ish temps we had yesterday.

All is well here with my precious Noah and me. I noticed this morning that Noah has a bit of sore on his chin, so I am putting Neosporin on it. It isn't painful to the touch and he's doing well, for which I am very thankful. However, if it doesn't improve I may be taking him into the vet sometime this week to have it looked at. I remember one time my beloved Oslo developed a hideous abscess underneath one of his front legs. Fortunately I was able to get that drained and healed with good old-fashioned first aid. So we'll see what happens with this little sore on Noah's chin.

Soon, if not already, you will begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. I hope you, hubby and the waifs had a good Caturday.

I so sorry to hear you still have not seen Smokey sad.gif And now Socks is missing? unsure.gif I'm praying for both of them. Even though Smokey has been gone since the last big snow, and I hope you see socks again - unless they were both adopted. Slim chances, I know, but one can still hope. Sock's pitiful meow reminds me of when I first got Theresa and she had bad ear and respiratory infections. It sounded barely like a whisper. She proudly MEOWS now though wub.gif wub.gif

At least Fluffy is still coming around for your generous assistance. Theresa and Tang are both well, thanks for asking.

I hope you, hubby and the waifs have a very good evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, but unseasonably cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. Hoping you're well. I'm sorry to hear about the sore on poor Noah's chin unsure.gif Tom had something like that on his lip not long after coming to stay with me. It was the first time he was seen by Dr. Mills. He gave us some antibiotics and advised stainless steel or ceramic bowls only. No plastic because of all the bacteria that gets caught up in it. I hope it goes away on its own or the vet can help if need be. Keeping him in our thoughts.

Work was typical Sunday dry.gif In my 1 o 1 I learned that the scheduling for breaks and lunches is being "automated" (What? WF has too much to do?) Which explains why mine in April are so out of whack. First break just an hour after I get there and lunch not for over 3? I figured it was a certain director trying to mess with my adherence (knowing I can't go that long w/o a restroom break because of one of my RX meds) which is when he explained "automation" (even though I heard the director ordering it) But if I get a note from my doctor, I can be exempted and go back to my old schedule.

The ride home was timely and quiet - even if it isn't hear with the"armchair" athletes yelling their heads of at the NCAA basketball games. I saw none of the waifs on the way in, and only some of food from last night has been eaten (unless someone else is topping off the bowls)

Theresa and Tang are both well, I'm always happy to report. Just 2 more days at work. I may not have gotten Easter off for vac/personal holiday, but I did get this Wednesday and Thursday. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy coolish Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for your kind thoughts on behalf of my precious Noah. He likes to lay close in front of the space heater with his face as close to the heater as he can get without actually crawling inside (which he cannot do because of the safety guards). I think he may have gotten a little "sinzed" on his chin. It looks okay today and I am continuing to use Neosporin cream on it which I know will not hurt him when / if he washes it off with his paws.

I hope you will be able to get your DR to write you a "release" from the "automated" scheduled breaks at work so that you can use the facilities when you need to without asking "permission" first. This is another reason to continue to keep your options open for other employment opportunities. Please let us know how things go.

Today was errand day to get the soil sample in the mail and take my Husqvarna mower in for service. I had made up a "service list" of things to be done to the mower - - similar to what I do when I take my car in for service. The young man at the counter looked at the list and said he wished all his customers did the same thing. While I was in town I stopped off at the hardware store looking for a drop spreader but all they had was a broadcast-type spreader which I already have and use when putting down grass seed. I would prefer a drop spreader when dispensing the organic fertilizer. So I will visit the hardware store here the next time I'm out for a grocery run - - which may be next week.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is letting me know it's time for me to get some lunch in his bowl, and looking at the clock he's right so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very pleasant spring day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hear you on "trying to crawl into the heater" with Noah; Theresa does the same thing except not with her face. I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I hope all goes well with the mower repairs.

I did indeed get the doctor's note faxed over today and we are going to try 3 10 minute breaks rather than 2 15 (the other choice was 6 5 minutes which seemed like overkill) But, it's still at the whim of the "automated" system which means I could end up right back where I started. Personally, I think this "automated" story is just that - a story so they can weed out us "undesirables" keep my options open indeed. I emailed the sup back about him saying I was to be scheduled manually with no response dry.gif On an uptick, I finished the period with a 3.15 with EZ PAY the only metric I didn't get.

Walking the back path from getting my mail, I see the metal bowl is gone again. I'll try to rescue it my next day off. In the mean time, I am saving otherwise disposable plastic containers food comes in from the grocery for backup.

Theresa and Tang are both well. We moved on to a new can of Friskies last night which both devoured. Not so lucky tonight as Tang turned his nose up at the "leftovers" I let Theresa go to town on both, and as I was about to wash out the remains of the 2nd bowl when Tang let out a loud MEOW that he's changed his mind rolleyes.gif Both are enjoying some balcony time.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warmer windy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on your score!!! This is very good news and well earned. So glad you got your DR's note regarding the need for more breaks and hope it will be "honored" as it is legally supposed to be. Just keep doing the great job you're doing and continue to keep your options open for other, hopefully better, employment opportunities.

I'm chuckling at your precious Tang letting you know he was ready to finish his dinner "hey, dad - - not so fast with the clean up!!!"

Not a lot happening around the homestead today. Have been working on trimming my precious boy's nails a bit as they were getting long and needle pointed. Nail trimming is not one of his favorite activities so sometimes it takes several attempts to get all his nails trimmed.

Come closing time today to your work schedule you will be able to enjoy several days with your precious fur tribe - - sheer bliss. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa anda little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very pleasant day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hear you on the nail trimming. It's really past time around here too. Last night, jumping off my lap, Theresa scratched me good. I let out a YELP, and she hid under a chair until I went bed. Bless her heart.

Thanks for the support on work, as always. It will be nice to get my bonus this time around. Did the 3 10 minute breaks today; takes a bit of getting used to but at least I had a little more balance and didn't need to take any more unscheduled breaks than I usually do keeping me at 99% as usual for adherence (minimum is 97)

Travels home were 15 minutes late (as they always are heading into extended time off) I stopped off at Feeders for more Iams Mature for my brood and lucked out with the next UPS bus running equally late so I didn't have the "long" walk home. I'll sleep in tomorrow and do Dollar Tree and Save a Lot.

It's funny how being late gets noticed (by Theresa and Tang, of course) But I had waifs waiting on me too. I saw a beautiful Himalayan chocolate point (don't tell me that was any "stray") The Tux cat that followed me the other day was looking at him/her as if to say "That's the man I was telling you about that gives us food"

Theresa and Tang are both well as I am always pleased to report, and enjoying balcony time. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, pleasant somewhat windy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad the breaks yesterday worked out for you, and hope this continues to be the case. Hope you were able to get your errands done today so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the rest of your time off without any major interruptions.

Today was busy working out in the front yard. Worked for about 3 hours which allowed me to clean up about another one third of the yard which got me out to the second tree line closer to the road having initially begun the work at the house thus working my way out toward the road. Progress however slow is still progress. Got my shower first after I came inside which put Noah's lunch a bit on the later side than what I like for him but I didn't want to be working with his food until I got cleaned up. Lunch for me was a bowl of soup today as I was too tired to bother with anything more involved. My precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. It's almost time for the early evening news so will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you got much accomplished in the yard today.

Thanks for asking after my errands. I left at about 8:30 and was home by 10 and able to get the bus both ways. After that, I had to trek in the back field for bowl/container rescue. I recovered the tan bowl for my first colony and the deep lid that had been lost for a while (the metal bowl is still MIA). I really don't think it's just the cats (or raccoons) getting them over there given the angles and locations, and I'll tell you why. While over there on previous occasions, I saw many of the green bags that are in dispensers along the path to clean up dog droppings. And they were not empty if you get my meaning. Just a little while ago doing evening feedings, I saw that jerk with the black dog out. My suspicion got the better of me so I stood in the entrance of the hallway on my floor and watched him. The dog er, relieved himself, and the man grabbed a baggie out of the dispenser and tossed it over the fence. I reported him via email to the manager.

The rest of the day has consisted of naps, cuddles, purrs and balcony time. Theresa and Tang are both well and taking turns on the balcony as I post. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

That man certainly could use a change in "cat-titude" for sure. I'm so sorry he feels the need to be hostile in his behaviors toward the homeless waifs - - using his innocent dog as his "weapon." Which is even more why the homeless waifs are blessed to have you for their champion and provider, my friend. Only the Good Lord knows what their "fate" would be if they did not have you looking after them.

Thank you so much for your encouragement about the yard work. I'm taking it easy today with my precious Noah keeping me faithful company. Have the big desk top going through its security updates and scan as I'm writing to you, and have some e-mails I need to catch up with after I get this posted to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Thank you for your kind words about my efforts with the waifs. Theresa is doing well, but I'm worried about Tang unsure.gif For the last day or so, I noticed he's been limping favoring his right front leg. I was on to the phone with the vet's office earlier trying to make an appointment for in the morning. They had nothing until the afternoon, and the lady suggested bringing him in today (don't know why I didn't think of that)

So, we have a 3:00 appointment. I'll let you know how it goes. I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Just got home from the vet. The doctor and nurse think it's just a pulled muscle or ligament. Good thing because I do not have 426.00 for x-ray and consultation from the a 3rd party (and that's with our discount)

So they gave him a shot of Meloxicam (anti inflamatory) with pre-measured oral doses for the next 4 days which ran 31.00, and 25.00 for the cab both ways. I'm hoping this does the trick. I can see a slight improvement in his movement just from the shot he had. Prayers and thoughts appreciated.

Theresa had to give him and the carrier a complete "sniffing" when we got n.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thought I would check in one more time before shutting down for the evening. I'm so sorry your precious little boy is having discomfort and hope the medications will help keep him comfortable as he gets back to his normal self. Please know your precious little Tang, and you, are in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to knowing how he's doing. Hope you and your precious companions have a peaceful, comfortable evening.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.