Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny sultry Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I share your sentiments about my sister in law and brother adopting another companion: "I'm glad a waif will be spared death (assuming they go to the shelter and not a breeder) but weep for his or her impending lack of love and attention." I truly hope and pray they will reconsider their decision recognizing that their "social calendar" is really not conducive to adopting another companion. It takes a great deal of restraint to share time with my family members, which is why I am so totally exhausted when I get back home and just need to be with my precious Noah.

I'm so sorry you are having a very persistent cough to deal with, and hope the Tylenol OTC med is helping you. Indeed, sleep is one of Nature's natural healing, and I hope you are feeling better today so that you can focus on your job. Please let us know how you're doing.

I'm so glad your precious companions are able to enjoy their balcony time once again, and you can feel safe with them being outside again. I know this takes a HUGE concern off your mind, my friend.

Not much going on today here. It is too humid to feel like doing much of anything. My precious Noah is here beside me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy afternoon and evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I know what you mean about family time being exhausting. In my case my stress would be multiplied by a factor of 10 or more, which is why I'm kind glad they all abandoned me. Takes the pressure off. I hope they are all enjoying their empty lives accumulating things.

Work today was almost like a weekday when I got in - over 100 in queue blink.gif It didn't help that 3 major city papers had late truck delays today. It was gone in an hour or so of my starting; I am so loath to work Sundays. Not because of any religious objections, I just think it's plain wrong.

Travels home were relatively quick and painless, all considered. Still dealing with this darn head/chest cold so I picked up some day time cough/cold medicine at the Dollar Tree on the way home. Neither Theresa or Tang met me at the door, but they don't when I go to the market either. I guess if I'm gone less than 10 hours, it doesn't click for them. Still they came around for a few hours of cuddle time. I always feel so groggy after these little Sunday naps. I do hope I can get off Sundays soon.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can certainly understand your desire to not have to work on the weekends, and hope eventually you will be able to have a work schedule that is more accommodating to your transportation - - and your preferences. And I hope you will be able to begin to feel relief from your summer cold. Please let us know how you're doing.

This morning has been focused on financials - - getting receipts printed off and online payments scheduled. Not all the invoices come in at the same time. With the exception of one invoice, I do get e-mail notices when an invoice is available to view online, so this helps to alert me when another bill needs to be scheduled for payment. And as I get older I am very appreciative of ALL the reminders I get!!

I also did a quick internet search on the health policy my insurance agent and I talked about last Thursday, 6/26, and printed off some information and a few premium quotes for the different plans I am considering. It's do-able - - even the most expensive policy that would include two co-pay medical visits per 6 month coverage period would be significantly easier to manage financially than anything I could get on the health exchanges. And when Medicare coverage begins I can cancel the policy without any fees - - or transfer it to a Medicare supplemental policy. So this is good. This will help me compare what I found online with the information I get from my insurance agent.

My precious Noah kept me faithful company while I worked on bills, and is now at the big door windows looking out to see what the woodland residents are up to. Soon it will be time to get his lunch in his bowl.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy afternoon and evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Sounds like you have your health insurance under control, so that's good.

Speaking of which, I need mine to kick in soon, as this cold (or what ever it is) is kicking my tail. The OTCs are barely keeping it in check, and I don't even want to think what all that acetaminophen is doing to my already screwed up system. I take them about every 6-8 hours rather than the suggested 4. I swear I was running a fever this afternoon at work, but it could have just been the heat and my imagination.

Speaking of work, we broke 500 in the queue today blink.gif and it didn't significantly let up until about 5:40. Between the crazy schedule, that pace, and the summer heat, it's no wonder I feel like garbage. I have a 45 minute sup conference on my schedule tomorrow. I hope it's about the ihelp. QAs don't take that long, and I just had one.

Travels home were speedy if a bit harrowing. When we got to Broadway, some kid ran on the bus with some thugs chasing him. Apparently he had stolen something from them. The driver let him stay on to the next stop to give him a head start, but drew the line at that. I have a feeling we will see a story in the news tomorrow about a kid being shot (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are well and settling in after their evening repast. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, another summer sunny humid Tuesday greeting to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling under the weather with the cold. Summer colds can be more difficult to clear up due to the much warmer temperatures (this is not a "wive's tale" but is actually fact.) I hope and pray you wull be begin to feel the benefit of the OTC meds until you are able to see a doctor - - when / if you need to. Please let us know how you're doing.

I hope your supervisor conference today will go smoothly, and that you will get assigned to the ihelp group. Please let us know how things go.

I'm doing the security scans and updates on the big desk top today, and that is about all I'm doing. It's just too humid to feel up to doing any type of activity. Even my precious Noah is keeping a "low profile" activity-wise - - not surprising since he is wearing a fur coat in this muggy weather. And the woodland residents are curtailing their activity as well - - so no entertainment for my precious boy to watch through the windows.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, that your supervisory conference will give you encouragement in your job, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Poor little man, with all this yucky summer weather and nothing to keep him entertained. I feel for him.

Today's thing was actually supposed to be for testing for email/chat that I applied for a while back, but it didn't pan out for availability. But later in the day, the site director sent out an email about which one person from each of the existing teams would be selected for ihelp, and I am on it for the pink team (I will never get used to that color) So, that's good.

The "summer cold" persists. When I'm off Thursday I'm going to see if I can pick up some generic Musinex because that's really what I need. I really don't need all those pain meds in me. But, I'll soldier on until then.

Travels home were timely and quiet due to the mall bus being just five minutes ahead of us (it was 15 minutes late) and picked up all the "riff raff" Theresa and Tang are well and cleaning up after their supper.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Congratulations on being selected for the ihelp department. I know this will be a welcome change to the daily call center routine. And perhaps at some point in time you can reapply for the e-mail / chat department. When does the ihelp position begin? I look forward to sharing your news as to how things go.

I'm sorry you are still struggling with the summer cold, and hope the Mucinex will help you. It's no fun feeling lousy and having to go into work and struggle through not feeling well. I hope you will begin to feel better very soon, my friend.

Noah just joined me from his private time upstairs. It's already 80 degrees with 75 percent humidity - - so the big door remains closed for another day. Looks like the upcoming holiday weekend could be stormy for the folks along the eastern shore. At the moment Arthur isn't forecasted to have an impact on the inland regions of Virginia.

Just today to get through and then you will have tomorrow off - - although it will be a busy one with laundry and errands. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just stopping by to say hello. I hope you had a good work day. I know it is miserable with that old cold and I hope you get be
tter. Hubby takes the MusinexDM when needed. His seems to be allergies and it sounds like he has a cold most of the time.
One ingredient in the Musinex DM calms the cough and the other breaks up the mucus.

The kitties still come around. I ordered a box of 12 canned food. I didn't read the description too well, so it turned out to be smal
l cans of gourmet food. Oh boy, do they ever love it! It has little chips of real tuna or chicken on top of the pate. It won't last long, but they deserve a special treat.

I hope you have a pleasant and cozy night with your Lt. Tang and Princess Theresa. Feel better and have a good Fourth of July holiday. TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant (after the rain cooled us off) greetings to you and you precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear the weather had the big doors closed. I hope it improves soon.

I got an email from the email sup that per company policy I can't apply for that job. I'm guessing it's because I'm new. I emailed back to ask, but no response; oh well. The email on ihelp said we'd start next week to have meetings about the new department, training, free T shirts etc. I'm hoping it it something interesting.

Yes, tomorrow will be a busy day as I have to go all the way out to Kroger to get Tang's insulin syringes that I forgot last week, and I'm almost out. I'll be toting my cart with me as I will turn right back around and take the bus back to my neck of the woods to hit my Dollar Tree and Save a Lot. If only I'd remembered the syringes last week (sigh)

But Friday is a short day due to it being a holiday. I could have taken it off with pay, but being new, I want to start building my volunteer "points" to avoid getting drafted for holidays I do want off later. Just having the choice now is so nice.

Theresa and Tang are well and settling in after their supper. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...We were posting at the same time. smile.gif LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

Yes, I guess we were laugh.gif Thanks for the well wishes on this old cold. I think it's getting a little better. Like moon_beam said, it's more difficult in the summer.

Sorry to hear about the mix up on your food order for the waifs, but like you say they deserve the unexpected treat; I bet Smokey loves it for sure happy.gif

Peaceful evening to you, hubby, the waifs, and of course Angel Mickey from Lt. Tang, Princess Theresa and me. TTFN
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sultry Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I'm so glad to read in your reply to LoveMyMickey that you are beginning to feel some relief from your summer cold. This is very good news, and I hope you will be able to get some good rest today so that the progress you're feeling will continue - - instead of becoming so fatigued you have a relapse.

I do know how frustrating it is to forget something - - even when it's on a list - - and have to make a special trip somewhere to get it. I hope your errands today will go smoothly, my friend.

I'm so glad to know you are finding "benefits" in your new job - - such as being able to actually choose the holidays you work in order to be able to choose the holidays you don't - - and still get paid. HALLELUJAH!! It has been a very long time since you have had this option, and I'm soooooooooo very happy you now have this choice. I'm hoping the ihelp department will be interesting for you - - something for you to "sink your teeth" into and ENJOY - - rather than being confined to call center responsibilities. Don't fret about the e-mail / chat department - - that may or may not come with time - - you may find something more interesting and fulfilling to apply for as you gain "seniority" with the company. I look forward to sharing your news as to how things go with the ihelp.

It's another very humid day here - - activity levels at the "do only what is absolutely necessary" levels - - including the woodland residents. My precious Noah is settled next to me taking a nap with a big grin on his face as I'm writing to you. We got a couple of thunderstorms through the area in the very early hours of the morning, and am glad we will not have any effects from Arthur. The areas who may be in the path of Arthur are in my thoughts and prayers that they will be safe.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Pleasant weather (for a change) greetings to you and your precious Noah. Sorry to hear the humidity has you both shut in, but I hope you are both doing well.

I decided I wasn't going all the way out to Kroger and took the bus that comes by me to Walgreens to get just enough syringes to last until I get paid again (this one is going to the rent) By my estimate, it will be time then to get more Iams Senior and Kroger has it the cheapest. I had just enough time coming out of Walgreens to catch the next bus down to Save a Lot/Dollar Tree. I was only gone two hours, so not too bad.

Since it was so nice this morning doing laundry, I let Theresa and Tang have some balcony time which they enjoyed; both are doing well. Thank you for your kind support in regard to my having a choice about what holidays to work, it is nice. I'll probably work Labor Day too to build up some more "points" I was doing this because Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all on Thursdays this year (my day off) but with ihelp, I have no idea if I'll still even be on that schedule by then.

Not much else happening. Theresa is snoozing in her favorite spot by the sliding door overlooking the lot, and Tang has been keeping me faithful company. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant T G I F Star Spangled greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to know your errands yesterday went smoothly. It sounds like you have a plan for accruing paid time off for the upcoming holidays if you should need to use it so that you can finally enjoy them with your precious companions - - with pay. You may want to check to see if you need to put in your request for these days in advance so that you are not having to end up working to fill the quoto because others in the group have already received paid leave permission for these holidays. It's just a thought, for whatever it may be worth.

I can imagine you feel very good in being able to pay your rent with your own finances on time. I am soooo very glad for you, my friend.

The storms that came through the area yesterday have significantly reduced the humidity, so Noah and I are enjoying having the big door open today - - and it's a welcome change, although it will be short lived through the weekend as the temps and humidity are forecasted to rise once again come next week. But at least today and this weekend Noah and I can enjoy having the big door open.

It will soon be time for me to get my precious Noah some lunch in his bowl. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and beautiful TGIF Independence Day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and am glad to hear the pretty weather is out there too. Let's hope with the cooler temps and the big door open Noah can have some visual stimulation.

Time off request availability is released in 3 month blocks to give everyone a fair shot at time off, so we'll see what happens when the time comes. I went ahead and bid on 2 shifts that are available today - 8-5 and 9-6 both M-F. We'll see. Work itself was pretty slow, but they never offered VTO (leave early) which was a bummer because it really was so pretty outside.

Travels in were quiet and smooth, but coming home it was packed with a bunch of rowdy teens that I hoped were going to Kentucky Kingdom, but no luck; they must have been going out the mall. The driver was my regular lady from during the week who asked as I was getting off to pray for her - I said I would.

It was a bit too warm by the time I got home to let Theresa and Tang have balcony time, perhaps in the morning if this trend continues. Both are doing well and settling in after supper. Tomorrow is Caturday and this time I really DO have all my running done (although I did have to go across the street to 5 Star yesterday to get some shaving cream I forgot at Dollar Tree - sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I do hope you and your precious fur tribe are being able to enjoy this day together - - no errands to do, no chores on the agenda.

I hope you will be able to get the work schedule you want, my friend. I know the M - F schedule works better for you having to use public transportation. Please let us know how things go.

As you know activity levels here have been on the "slow side" because of the stifling heat and humidity. However, this morning the temps and humdity were so pleasant that I was finally able to fire up the chain saw to attack the overgrowth along the driveway and remove a couple of saplings that were growing too close to the end of the driveway at the street end of the yard. There is a scraggly pine tree that is growing close to the power line that I would also like to see removed, but that is on the easement to the county line / power company, and - - most importantly - - is too tall for me to tackle, and I really don't want to have to pay $600, or more, to have it removed - - if I don't have to. I may call the power company next week to see if their contractor will remove it when they come through to trim back the growth from around the power lines. There is another tree in the easement - - (don't ask me what kind) - - that had a limb that was quite bushy with growth which has been blocking my view of the road as I pull out from my driveway, so I did go ahead and whacked that limb off. It took me a couple of hours to get this job done, but I'm glad I was able to do it. I also fired up the snowblower to let it run so that the remaining gas-oil mix could be burned out of the tank. I still have some fuel mix left in the container which I want to run through the snowblower at some point in time.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is eagerly anticipating lunch, but it's still a bit too early for me to fix it for him. We are enjoying having the big door open and gated today to enjoy the pleasant temps. It's only a temporary break, but it's a welcome one, nonetheless.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Sounds like you were able to make use of better weather to get a lot done outside. I hope the power company can clear away that growth for you too.

When I woke up this morning just before 7 to give Tang his insulin, it was a wonderful 62 degrees outside. So, I was able to give him and Theresa some much wanted balcony time. I do enjoy watching them out there in pleasant weather enjoying the cool fresh morning air air.

We have been enjoying this day to ourselves with no chores or errands on the agenda, as you say. And I have been able to catch up on some much needed reset. The coughing has stopped for the most part (thanks to Dollar Tree carrying Mucinex generic 10 count bottles for a dollar) but still am dealing with minor discomfort of drainage. Hopefully it will pass.

Tang has been doing something that's kind of cute. When I walk by he will look at me and raise his head just a tad and do a quick meow. Almost the the feline equivalent of "What's up? or 'Sup?" between that and his front paws, he is quite the expressive little man happy.gif

It's time to get their supper together and do some nightly tasks before we can all settle in. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you are beginning to feel better - - at least in that the coughing has significantly subsided. The drainage can be most annoying, uncomfortable, and persistent. I hope this lingering effect from your cold will clear up soon. And hopefully by now you are beginning to feel a bit more stronger - - rather than feeling like every ounce of energy is being drained from your body with every move you make.

I'm soooo glad you and your precious fur tribe had a free day together yesterday to just enjoy without any "obligations" to fulfill. I am so smiling at your description of your precious little boy as you share with us: "Tang has been doing something that's kind of cute. When I walk by he will look at me and raise his head just a tad and do a quick meow. Almost the the feline equivalent of "What's up? or 'Sup?" between that and his front paws, he is quite the expressive little man". Our precious companions are always aware of us -- even when they are resting. Your precious Theresa and little Tang are so blessed to have you for their Forever Dad, and I know you feel very blessed to have their unconditional love and undivided attention.

The big door is open and gated again today to enjoy the lower temps and humidity. My precious boy is stretched out in front of the gates enjoying the fresh air and sunbeams. This morning around 5:30 he had an uninvited feline visitor stop by on the porch which upset him, but I reassured him that the visitor was not coming inside but merely stopping by to say hello as he / she passed through the yard. Shortly after that he had his breakfast, and his world was right again. Not much going on here today - - am looking forward to a quiet restful day with my precious boy.

I know you are at work this morning as I'm writing, and I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, as you try to resolve the customer problems, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy afternoon and evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I'm glad to hear you could have the big door open for the cooler air and scenery. Sorry to hear a passing waif upset Noah. Theresa and Tang usually just seem fascinated when they spy one from the balcony. But it's a much different perspective then up close.

Travels in today were smooth and quiet, but travels home while mostly uneventful had a packed bus for at least the first half. Work itself was busy most of the day. I have got to get off Sundays; or stop taking a nap when I get home. I always wake up feeling so out of it and it takes days to recover. Of course having not felt well is part of it too I guess. I really just HATE working Sundays dry.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and settling in after devouring their portions of a fresh can of wet food. Not much else happening. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can understand your not enjoying having to work on Sundays, and I hope you are able to get one of your new schedule requests approved for the M - F shifts. Please let us know how things go.

The only activity here today is updating the security programs and scans on the big desk top. Otherwise Noah and I are "laying low" as the temps and humidity rise outside. No uninvited visitors this morning to annoy my precious little boy.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hazy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad there were no unexpected visitors to stress your little man.

Work today was a typical Monday. We didn't hit 500 or anything but stayed in queue until about 5:30. It makes the day go by faster, but it's really a drain. I'm getting to the point that I don't even care if people curse me and call me stupid. I thought I could really make a difference with my passion for the paper, but I have to tell you the fruit has fallen off that vine. I'm starting to go into desensitized call center drone mode (sigh) Maybe the ihelp thing will put a new perspective on things, but I'm not holding my breath.

Travels home were a tad late but pretty uneventful. Theresa and Tang are both well (Theresa got her daddy hugs straight away) and settling in after their supper. Getting home to them is always the best part of my day. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, it is perfectly understandable your experiencing "call center burn out". You have been doing this type of work for several years now, and it's perfectly okay to want to advance to doing something else. I truly admire you for being able to do this type of work at all, for I know I could not. It is very demanding work, so I perfectly understand how drained you feel come the end of the day, and how you do not jump for joy resuming the routine the next day. The important thing is to not let your outstanding "customer service" skills suffer until you can make this transition. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will endure through your current assignment until you can begin working on the ihelp team with a fresh new opportunity.

It's another low key day here for Noah and me and the woodland residents. My precious Noah is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you. The sunbeams are bit too warm today, and the bathroom window is not in full sunlight yet.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Nosh, I hope you are both well.

Thank you for your kind words of support, it does help. I'm keeping it short tonight as I just got home not long ago. The bus broke down on the way home. For a while it crawled along until it broke down completely where it turns on to the street I live off of. The TARC supervisor was nice enough to give me a lift to the traffic light where I live, but it still put me in 20 minutes late dry.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and settling in after their supper. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

PS: Again, sorry for cutting it short, but I'm trying to salvage what's left of the evening huh.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Oh, my friend, I sincerely appreciate your sharing with us how your commute home went yesterday. Of course your focus needs to be on spending your time with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I'm just very glad you were able to get home safely, and I'm sure your precious fur tribe were sooooo relieved when you finally got home.

Nothing significant going on here today. My precious Noah is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I read on the internet news this morning about the horrific storms that swept through the New England region, and hope your area did not endure any damage as they passed through Kentucky. There was a brief rain shower over the homestead, but the intensity of the storm passed around us.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and less humid greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. We had some rain but no bad storms through here, thank you for asking though.

Callers today were more hateful than usual, wanting (nay, demanding) the impossible and threatening to cancel. Most were not doable, and while I acted "sorry" to lose them, I was more than happy on the inside to call their bluffs and cancel. Sorry, folks there are no save scripts for when you basically want free service (or close to it forever) They will be back. I have taken enough restart calls to know that.

On a different note in the same vein, the ihelp job is not what I expected. We will still be taking all the calls we ever did, each of us is just the point of contact for full access for our teams in helping to shape the practices and procedures for support. Kind of like being on a committee - to put it another way, I just volunteered for extra work for no extra pay dry.gif Oh sure it means at least 1/2 hour off the phones once a week for meetings, but that's just more work. Oh well. I also didn't get my shift bid, no big surprise there. So, work was kind a disappointing bust today.

Travels home were better. On time, not crowded and no mechanical issues. Theresa and Tang both greeted me at the door, which was nice. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid sometimes rainy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you have your laundry done and errands accomplished so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the rest of today together.

I'm sorry about the ihelp team not being an avenue for you to progress off the call center - - at least not yet. What can look like a "disappointment" at the moment can eventually turn into a very positive opportunity later on down the road. Perhaps try to look at it as a "training wheels" opportunity that could eventually help you advance to a higher level. Of course time will only tell if this will happen. Just keep doing the very best you can and being the pleasant person you are. I'm also sorry you didn't get the schedule request approved - - that, too, will come. Just hang in here, my friend.

My precious Noah is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. It isn't frequent that we get several days in a row that I am not busy with this or that, so we are enjoying this "down time" together immensely. Next Thursday, 7/17, my little boy has his quarterly check up scheduled to include a blood glucose check - - so that will be a busy day.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy and hot greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I hope all goes well with Noah's check up next week, let me know how it goes. I got cards in the mail for Theresa and Tang about that too, but it was just for fecal and de-worming. The full comprehensive isn't until August so I'll hold off until I can better coordinate having Dr. Mills or Dr. Harris there.

Thanks for the encouragement about work, it's appreciated. It is what it is. All I can do is keep plugging away. At least I am working full time with benefits. That's better than I have been doing over the past 4 years.

Laundry and errands all went well today. I got up at 6:45 and was walking back in my door by about 10:15. The bus ride back was packed. I must have picked up one for a shift change at UPS - I have never seen that bus so crowded blink.gif I hope that's not a trend. If so, I may start pushing it back a 1/2 hour.

Theresa and Tang and I have had a good day of relaxing, like you and Noah which has been nice. Tang has been especially affectionate following me everywhere. I hope he's OK; he seems well enough.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid sultry T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores done early yesterday so that you and your precious fur tribe could enjoy most of the day together. I can understand your concern about your precious Tang's behavior following you around yesterday. However, he was probably just wanting to hang close to his dad. I look forward to sharing your news as to how your precious Theresa's and little Tang's check ups go next month.

Another day of not much going on around the homestead - - which is perfectly wonderful. Many people would find this totally boring but I, on the other hand, relish just hanging out with my precious Noah.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a bit less humid TGIF (or Caturday Eve) greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I know what you mean by "Many people would find this totally boring but I, on the other hand, relish just hanging out with my precious Noah." I have been looking forward to tomorrow all day for that very reason. And since I remembered everything on my errands yesterday, I can happy.gif

Work was busy longer than usual - as in right up until time for me to leave, as In I milked my call at 5:54 until 5.:59 when I could ride it out in ACW until 6:00. Of course this meant my first one on one with my regular sup being cancelled (sigh) oh well. I DID make sure that was the reason too because I was worried unsure.gif Sometimes I lament siting off in that corner making it hard to get help when I need it, but sitting right outside the director's door I think (hopefully) gets me noticed in more important ways.

Travels home were on time and quiet due to the mall bus being late and just a few minutes ahead of us. I'll take that as a win for a Friday. Both Theresa and Tang were waiting for me at the door in anticipation as I tried to pet them both at the same time. Boy, let me try to pet just one and the other is there nose in the rear end of the one getting the attention rolleyes.gif I'm so looking forward to having nothing to do but spend time with them tomorrow.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It is a GOOD feeling not having to "do" something every single day, isn't it? I hope you and your precious fur tribe are thoroughly enjoying this day together.

Have been working on my 2015 financial logs and calendars for my ledger next year. Having this really helps me to keep track of bill payments, taxes, purchases, etc.. I won't print anything out until November, but at least I have the major preliminary work done. Otherwise not much else going on here. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in my Noah's bowl, and some vittles on the stove warming for me as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished today for a "do nothing day" wink.gif

Me, I really DID do nothing. Just hung with Theresa and Tang, watching TV and napping. Not that I would have been up to doing more. I don't know if it's the heat, my digestion issues or both. But today I have felt not sick really, but really "off" A little dizzy and queasy here and there. I am really starting to hate summer dry.gif

But the kittles have been by my side to try to make everything alright. Not much happening here, not really looking forward to working tomorrow (sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening.. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From what you share with us it sounds like you could be experiencing the effects of the stress you have been - - and continue to be - - under from the many weeks of your unemployment to adjusting to the current work schedule to recovering from the confrontation of your neighbor - - to disappointments such as having to wait awhile longer to get an easier work schedule and the disappointment about having to continue in the call center - - and all the other factors which may be contributing to daily stress. Any one of these experiences by themselves would be enough to cause high stress, but you, my friend, have been overwhelmed. The physical effects of stress accumulate and can be manifested in different ways - - such as GI upsets, lowered resistance that make us more vulnerable to illnesses like colds, etc.. It is vitally important that you deliberately find time to just rest with your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please let us know how you're doing.

Noah and I are enjoying another quiet day together. My precious boy is on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed as I'm writing to you keeping a watch on any possible activity from the woodland residents.

The good news about Sundays is that they are half days, and looking at the clock you will soon be traveling home to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I hadn't really thought about it, but you're right in that I have had a lot thrown at me in fairly tight space of time. I guess I'm so used to life kicking me in the teeth, I don't stop to ponder it much. I do try to take as much time as I can to spend with Theresa and Tang for these reasons. It may also explain Tang being more affectionate in that he senses my extra stress.

Today didn't really help either. The bus ride in and home was SRO for at least half the trip. Work had me dealing with the usual hateful collection of Narcissists. I know I have probably said it before, but I never was that bad when upset about my poor paper delivery service. These people make it personal. Going home, as I said, was also SRO. The driver was only about 5 minutes late picking me up, but then poked along, jibber jabbered with whom ever was standing way over the yellow line - and get this DELIBERATELY slowed down for no less than 7 green lights waiting for them to turn red! And she was already 10 minutes late by this time. By the time I got off she was close to 20 minutes late. I may as well have not taken the VTO at 12:30 trying to get a jump on getting home early. 21 dollars an hour and running their mouths about that and being in the union. I'd think for those wages we could do better. But I would probably be wrong.

At Theresa and Tang are here to provide comfort as always; both are doing well too. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid muggy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that you have to contend with customers who make their complaint calls as personal attacks. This in itself drains the spirit which is one of the reasons why you probably feel so exhausted come the end of the day - - however long or short your work day may be. The problem the customers are experiencing is NOT with you - - it is with the folks in the circulation department (or whatever the department is called). Please keep this forefront in your mind as you assist the customers. I admire you for being able to do the call center job, my friend. I hope and pray with all my heart that you will eventually be able to advance to another department that you would be able to better endure.

So glad to know that your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well. I know this takes a lot of concern off your mind.

The region here is under a potential severe storm threat today and tomorrow, so this morning I checked on the propane level in the tank, and the oil level in the generator. Both are doing well in case there is a power outage at some point in time. Otherwise Noah and I are enjoying each other's company. My precious little boy is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both doing well. I hope you are spared the worst of the storms and don't need the generator.

Thanks for the encouragement as always. Sometime I think I will be a call center drone for the rest of my life sad.gif With all the negatives yesterday, I forgot to post a few positives. On my way to the bus stop in the morning out the back way through the sub division I saw the Siamese mix I'd been worried about lately, not 1 but 2 deer (a real treat since those sightings are rare) and a rooster and a hen. I figure Sir Thomas might have had a paw in all that.

Today was a typical nasty Monday right up to the end (over 100 deep at 6:00, but I planned my last call well) The trip home was timely and uneventful, and my babies were waiting for me in their usual spots for their own special greetings wub.gif They are now taking their evening baths after supper. Two more days in the pit before I'm off again (sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy forecasted to be stormy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It's important to take time to focus on the "positives" - - the many gifts and blessings we have a tendency to overlook because of the day to day grind. I'm so glad you had the "extra" blessings yesterday such as seeing the deer and your Siamese mix kitty waif who knows you are doing your best to provide for him / her. And I totally agree with you that your beloved Sir Thomas was softly saying to you, "look, daddy - - I'm still here with you".

I have been working on financials today - - printing off the monthly bank statement and reconciling the checkbook with it. I just finished that project a few minutes ago. My precious Noah has been keeping me company during this time, and is patiently waiting for when it is time for his lunch - - which I will start getting ready for him when I get this sent off to you. So far the storms have passed around the homestead here, but the forecast continues to include the potential for strong storms through the evening hours. I know there are areas that are experiencing very severe weather events, and they are in my thoughts and prayers that they will be okay.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and beautiful (almost spring like) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and that the storms continue to pass you by.

I was able to take advantage of the nice weather today at lunch to drop off and pick up some books from the library. They the second 2 of a trilogy but not the first. But the nice young man suggested I go on the web site and see if they can borrow it for me from another library system; another city I presume. I didn't even know such an exchange program existed.

Work itself was not too busy or bad, and travels home were timely and uneventful. Tang met me at the door and Theresa got her daddy hugs on the bed wub.gif Both are well and settling in after their supper.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Some areas have developed a "regional" library system where books can be borrowed from libraries in other towns under the same rules as borrowing from your local library. I'm glad your area participates in this type of service, and hope you will be able to find the book you're looking for and that your local branch will be able to get it for you. And I'm glad to know your travels home yesterday went smoothly - - that's always nice as getting home to your precious fur tribe is the BEST part of the day!!

Today has been a very busy one here with several chores done. No rain materialized over the homestead yesterday so I planned on mowing the front yard this morning taking advantage of the low humidity and northeasterly breeze. But before I did that I changed the sheets on the bed and rotated the mattress. Before I fired up the lawnmower I put more of the gas and oil mixture fuel in the snowblower and fired that up to use up some of the contents in the can. The mowing took about 1.5 hours to complete, and I'm glad I got an early start because the sun is bright and warmed up the air quickly as I was working. Then I took a trip to the dumpster to take the trash to the bins, and had a letter to mail with the post office being next door to the dumpster site. I made the mistake of locking the car before I went into the post office - - which is an "automatic reflex" for me, and of course I had left the keys in the ignition with the motor running because I was just dropping off a letter in the drop box. Thankfully, praise the Lord, the front passenger window was down just enough so that I could stick my cane in through the window to press the button to unlock the car. Needless to say I was very glad to get home to my precious little boy who was eagerly greeting me at the door. I got my shower, and have opened and gated the big door. My precious boy is on his window bench in front of the door enjoying the fresh air and sunbeams. Tomorrow Noah has his check up, so that will be the major focus for tomorrow's activities.

I'm so glad I have the remainder of the day to rest with my precious little boy. Just today to get through until you have your "day off" tomorrow - - which I know will be busy with laundry and errands. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and beautiful greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both doing well. Sounds like you got a lot done on the homestead today, just be careful not to push yourself too hard. I'm sorry to hear about your mishap locking the keys in the car, but glad you were able to extricate yourself from the situation.

Today was busier than usual at work for a Wednesday, but otherwise not too bad. Travels home were a tad late but uneventful. Tang at the door, Theresa on the bed waiting for her hugs. Both are well and settling in after supper.

If this weather holds, I will have to allow some very rare summer balcony time in the morning waiting for my clothes to dry. As soon as I said that Theresa had her nose up against the sliding doors and looking back at me expectantly. I said, "No sweety, not today, tomorrow" She looked at me all pouty as if to say "Oh pooh!" happy.gif

I hope today has been otherwise kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gorgeous Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sooo chuckling at your precious little girl's reaction to having to wait until today for balcony time. The good news is today has arrived and I can imagine by now she is a very happy camper that her daddy has kept his promise for balcony time. I hope you have been able to get your chores and errands done quickly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the majority of today together.

As you know today Noah had his quarterly check up. His blood glucose levels came in at 106 - - which both Dr. Bolen and I are very pleased with. He is now down to 12 pounds - - which is a good thing. He only gets 1.25 cans a day, and more times than not now he continues to be hungry after eating. So Dr. Bolen suggested that I try him at 1.5 cans a day for the next 3 months and check his weight at his next check up in October. He's not drinking water excessively, and his latrine habits are okay. So we'll see if he is more satisfied on 1.5 cans a day. We are enjoying having the big door open and gated today - - it would be lovely if the weather could stay this way for the rest of the summer.

Soon it will be time to get my precious boy his lunch and some vittles on the stove warming for me too. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I'm so glad to hear his check up went well - 106, I'd do anything to have that number for Tang (but for him 200 isn't too bad) Does Noah only get can food, or do you put out some senior/diabetic dry for him too?

I got up today at 7 and started my laundry (no bothersome people in the room) and kept my promise of balcony time while my clothes were drying. As usual, Tang just wanted a "sample" while Theresa basked in the sunbeams rolling from side to side. And, per usual, I practically had to drag her in before setting out on my errands. There was a scuffle in the bathroom just before I left. Tang had Theresa cornered in a litter box shaking. I gave him a very stern "BAD TANG!" and he skulked off. He later came out to give her apology "kisses" by the food bowl. But that was probably to placate me more than anything (sigh) I just hope they're not getting into it while I'm gone unsure.gif

Errands went well and I was, amazingly enough, able to catch the earlier UPS bus (crowded to the gills again) home by 10:30. This even included a pit stop on the way up to Walgreens to get a box of insulin syringes.

The rest of the day has been spent reading, watching TV, and napping with the kittles. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores and errands done yesterday in a very timely manner so that you and your precious companions could share most of the day together. I'm smiling at your precious little Tang giving his sister "make up kisses" after the less than pleasant incident in the bathroom. I'm sure your little Tang was trying to reassure his sister that he truly meant no harm, and it's always a good sign when you see her allowing Tang to interact with her this way.

It is so nice not having any major chores or errands to do today. I have done another load of laundry which is patiently waiting to go into the dryer. Noah has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages of warming on the stove. Not much else happening around the homestead, which is fine with me.

Just a few more hours to go and then you will be making your trek home to your precious fur tribe. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and cooler TGIF (Caturday Eve) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and enjoyed your time together today.

Work was weird in that we had hardly any calls in the first hour. But then it picked up after that and stayed steady until the early afternoon. Still, we never broke 100 in queue which is odd for a Friday - not complaining though.

Travels home were marred by the bus being 15 minutes late though. Still, it's a pleasant 66 outside with breeze and no rain at the moment, so Theresa and Tang are enjoying some much needed balcony time. This time it's Theresa who keeps coming in and Tang staying out. I guess it's not hot enough for my little girl happy.gif Tang had his head hanging way over the side, but he popped it back after he saw me looking, as if to say "Who me, dad? I wasn't hanging over the side" Then he was startled by a squirrel scurrying along the rain gutter on the roof. My mighty Lt. Tang rolleyes.gif

I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing tomorrow but hanging with the kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy somewhat humid still pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so glad you will be able to enjoy this day with your precious fur tribe uninterrupted with chores and errands. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Ah yes - - those sunbeams - - I am so smiling at your precious Theresa. I can hear her "daddy, where are the sunbeams today? It's just no fun outside without the warm sunbeams." And I'm sooo chuckling about your adventurous "wonder kitty" Tang - - he DEFINITELY still needs his dad to keep an eagle eye on him.

In reading over my post yesterday I see I failed to answer your question about Noah's food - - sorry. Noah only gets three meals a day - - no snacking food, no treats. Breakfast is provided around 6 am, lunch around 2 pm, and dinner around 6 pm, and he only gets the canned Hill's WD low glucose maintenance food because it is easier for me to measure his portions with the canned food, and provides consistency in how his body metabolizes the food with his natural insulin production. Canned food is digested and metabolized differently from dry food, and thus has an influence on the blood glucose levels.

Of course I can do this, and Noah can adjust easier to this schedule, because I am home now. Since you are a working dad, of course you have a natural concern about your little Tang going all day without access to some food - - thus the dry food is the natural choice to provide. And I would probably do the same thing for my precious Noah if I was still working. Each situation is individual according to the circumstances - - so please know that what YOU are doing for your precious little Tang, and Theresa, is the RIGHT THING for your situation. Please keep in mind that he has other health challenges that may also be contributing to his diabetes, so your little Tang is benefiting from the insulin injections. Have NO DOUBT, my friend: You are doing the VERY BEST you can for your precious Tang, and Theresa. And I know when you take your precious companions in for their check up in the next few weeks that you will talk to their veterinary care provider about their health status and seek his / her advice as to any "improvements" you can make for them for their care according to your resources. This is all ANY of us can do for our companions, my friend - - and I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are so very blessed to have you for their Forever Dad.

My precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. I may bite the bullet and put another load of laundry in the machine. Otherwise it will be a very pleasant and uneventful day here, for which I am very thankful.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Cloudy but not as warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Besides being away working, I have another challenge with can food in even getting Theresa and Tang to eat it. He will eat it most of the time and is not as picky as his sister, but even he turns his nose up at it from time to time. The only other thing I give them is a few bits of tartar control crunchy on the outside meaty on the inside treats. They eat those every time. Now that I'm working I'm going to try buying a bag of the diabetic RX once a month to mix with the Iams. I can't afford 30 plus dollars per 3 LB bag to give it exclusively unfortunately sad.gif But, I'm doing the best I can. Tang has the luck of not "rollercoastering" his BG like Tom did. That really made keeping him balanced a challenge. I'll let you know how their check ups go when I get that out of the way.

Today has been very relaxed. I woke up on my own at 6:30 and gave Tang his insulin, and topped off the food bowls and set out fresh water. Thankfully they are restrained in their eating of the dry food. I think putting out minimal amounts helps with this. I have had lazy cuddles with both kittles, naps and watching TV. Not looking forward to starting my work week again tomorrow dry.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday Evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa. Sounds like you had a nice day with the furbabies. We all are doing about the same here. The cooler weather is nice, but it feels too cool for me in the mornings. I am sensitive to the cold.

All the kitties are eating well. There was quite a breakfast crowd this morning, coming and going. I saw a different one the other day, an orange and white, very pretty. Smokey still comes around and visits us on the back patio after dinner when he isn't off on a 3 day vacation. He/She must belong to somebody because he is so calm and loving. Anyway it's good to keep helping whatever wants to eat.

Well Tracy, you take care and give those babies a special pet for me. Also have a pleasant and cozy evening and a good work week....God Bless....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LLM, and happy Caturday greetings to you as well. I hope, you, hubby and the waifs are well.

Smokey could belong to someone, but I think it's more likely that he is just responding to your kindness. Animals can surprise us with their forgiving nature. Theresa and Tang are well, thanks for asking after them. I'm glad the waifs and some new ones still come around to share in your generous hospitality.

I hope you, hubby, the waifs, and of course Angel Mickey have a wonderfully peaceful night. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so glad to share your news that yesterday was a wonderfully relaxed day for you and your precious fur tribe. With your schedule you and your precious companions need at least one day of total focus on each other, and I'm so glad you are able to have this on your Caturdays.

The morning chores are done. The big door is open and gated, and my precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Just have the big pedastal oscillating fan running to circulate the air. No laundry will be done today. Temps are in the 70's and so is the humidity, and consequently the air has a damp feeling to it.

Your Sunday shift will be coming to close shortly and I know you are eagerly looking forward to getting home to your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and very humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and glad to hear he has some scenery to look at.

Today's travels to and from were on time and fairly quiet, for a change. I wouldn't mind that being the norm. We were busy with the usual service calls in the morning and it died off shortly thereafter. Missing TV books and coupons were the order of the day. I can't really relate to the anger on that since I never really cared about those parts of the paper.

I had a few hours after getting home to cuddle with the kids on the sofa; both are doing well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes rainy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad yesterday was a decent day for you at work, and hope today is treating you kindly as you provide quality service to the customers.

Starting the day a bit on the earlier side as I will be working on the "bill-a-thon" for most of today. Also have a large wool blanket in the laundry, and the big desk top is doing the security updates and scans. Noah and I have the big door open and gated enjoying the cool but very humid air listening to the songs and sounds of the woodland residents who also seem to be enjoying the weather so far today. My precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.