Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am soooo glad your precious Theresa is doing better. I can just imagine how frantic you were seeing her in distress, and am so very glad you were able to get her to her doctor for a check over and meds. I'm sure YOU were feeling much better yesterday evening seeing HER feeling better. Please let us know how she's doing. And how sweet that her precious little brother kept a loving vigil over his sister knowing that she wasn't feeling up to her usual self.

Paid the mortgage and health insurance online and began the process of cleaning up my project spaces so that I can actually work on them for this year's projects. Have one more table to clean up. It's amazing the things I find when I straighten things up!!! My precious Noah is doing well keeping me company and supervising all the projects. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove.

My friend, once again, I am soooo very glad your precious Theresa is feeling better. I know you will be glad when you get back home this evening to check on her. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both well and that all your projects went OK today.

Thank you for the kind words for Theresa. She is doing much better today, but I'll give her the medicine until it's gone to be safe. This morning she was even running around playing, and rolling over to do her "aren't I so cute" pose wub.gif I'm glad it was nothing serious, but I'd do the same thing again in a heartbeat. We both know what happened the last time I ignored my gut in that regard and went to work anyway sad.gif I will now err on the side of caution.

Work flow was not bad for a Monday peaking at about 200 and dying off just before 3:00. Not enough to offer VTO though (at least I wasn't offered any) My sup did ask after Theresa which I appreciated. I got my month to date scores and I hit every one of my metrics, even saves huh.gif I can't remember the last time that happened. What makes me mad about our 30% is that the actual saves team still only has 20% and that's supposed to be their specialty! Ah well.

The bus home was more or less on time, but we ended up at least 15 minutes late due to construction detour traffic. I gauge that by the fact the mall bus behind us passed us up. Theresa and Tang both met me at the door and both seem to be in the pink, including my little girl. I fed the waifs and saw a few faces too.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So very glad to share your news that your precious Theresa continues to do well in her recovery. Like us humans, as I'm sure you know from your experiences through the years as a fur child caregiver, our companions can have tummy upsets for a variety of reasons, and thankfully this episode for your precious Theresa was of a non-serious nature. You are wise to continue with her meds until they are finished so that whatever was causing her upset tummy will be thoroughly treated. Please let us know how she does.

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching all of your performance goals so far for this reporting period. Keep up the great work, my friend.

It's an early start to the day this morning. I woke up with a bothersome migrane headache and had to get up to take some OTC aspirin free med. It is beginning to help for which I am thankful. The weather is cooperative for my appointment later on with my tax advisor, so will need to get my precious Noah's lunch earlier than normal. Need to stop by the post office on my way to mail some things. My precious Noah is doing well. He is enjoying the space heater as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. Sorry to hear about your migraine and hope it's better now. I also hope all goes well with your tax appointment.

Work was slower than I have ever seen it. I mean all day! Rarely more than single digits in the queue (WF even made test calls to see if the system was working properly) We did peak at 30 late in the day, but that was gone in minutes. VTO was offered at 3:30 and I took it. Not paid this time, but the last 2 times were, so it evens out. I got a 3:45 UPS bus home which was on time. The crazy driver kept yelling at people to turn down music even I couldn't hear huh.gif and decided to have protracted break at McDonald's even though he was not early. I walked home from there not really worried since I was still getting home so early.

The kids were very surprised when I walked in the door happy.gif Tang kind of sort met me at the door and I found Theresa napping on some laundry in the bedroom. She continues to do well each day (thanks for asking) and Tang is also well. He still comes by her, sniffs and licks her head while she's getting better wub.gif I can't believe I will have plenty of time to get all my chores done and still get 8 hours of sleep!

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So very glad to share your news that your precious Theresa is continuing to recover from her tummy upset. And how so very sweet of her little brother to keep a loving vigil over her and give her kisses. I know this warms your heart to see this.

GREAT that you were able to get an early release from work yesterday, and am glad it will not impose a financial burden on you not being paid for the early dismissal. That is always a bonus.

The migraine resolved itself last night - - finally. I had to take another dose of OTC pain relievers when I got home from my appointment with my tax consultant - - which I expected I might have to do. My consultant reviewed the information and confirmed that I will not need to file a tax return this year.

Noah slept in this morning, so I made myself busy with quiet projects - - the continuing quest to "organize" my project spaces and desk. AMAZING the things I found in the process. Also did the security updates and scan on the big desk top. About an hour ago the doorbell rang but no one was there when I went to inquire through the intercom. Noah and I went upstairs and I checked the front door to see if there was a message left, and indeed - - it was a notice that the County is doing its real estate property assessments. It will be interesting to see what happens since this will be the first reassessment since I had the front porch steps rebuilt and replaced the front porch railing.

My precious boy has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know that mine is now ready, so will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but chilly greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you finally got your migraine under control and that you don't have to fool with tax returns this year. I do hope your property taxes don't go up because of your repairs. What exactly did you find while cleaning up?

Work was not as dead as yesterday, but not too bad overall. No VTO though. Travels home were not too bad, but the bus was about 10 minutes late by the time I got off at my stop. In feeding the waifs, I passed a man that I see a lot walking his dog. He greeted me going by but seemed nervous. As I looked over my shoulder walking away I saw why. The jerk dropped the leash so the dog could "have at" a tabby that had come to feed at the second colony bowl. I started running that way yelling at him with murder in my eyes mad.gif He picked up his dong and RAN. He probably has figured out I feed these cats and they are under MY protection!

Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door and both are well I'm happy to say. Theresa has even started to play again, and Tang joined her in batting about some of the toys happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so very glad to share your news that your precious Theresa continues to show you and her little brother that she is feeling ever so much better. I know this takes a HUGE concern off your mind, my friend. I'm also glad you were able to "encourage" the man with his dog to move along so that the precious souls depending upon you for comfort and kindness would not be harassed. It wasn't the dog's fault - - it was his human guardian's, as usual. I'm sure the waifs have added your efforts to protect them to their growing list of things to be thankful for.

Logged into my e-mail this morning and found two notices from Net10 that a charge for the automatic refill to my cellphone failed. So I called Net10 and was informed that everything was okay. I then called the credit card company and the CSR told me that everything is okay, but that it will take up to 24 to 36 hours for new charges to appear on the account. So, I will continue to check into my credit card to make sure the charge for my cell phone minutes has been approved. I get somewhat unnerved when there are financial challenges like this.

You ask what things I have been finding during my "organizing" projects. I was missing a September 2014 payment confirmation for the service contract for the emergency generator - - I found it at the bottom of a mess of other "stuff" I had collected in the desk. And I found several other items that I use for projects that had become buried in the various piles of "stuff." I have now better organized my project things - - and now just hope I can remember what I did with them when I want to work on something.

The radar is looking very colorful with blues, greens, and yellows passing through the region but nothing is happening outside over the homestead. No sunbeams today coming in through the big windows for my precious Noah to enjoy. Even so, my precious boy is doing very well which is always a blessing to share with you. Not much happening around the homestead today. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in my precious Noah's bowl, and some vittles on the stove warming for me.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and sometimes rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear about the snafu with your cell minutes and hope it gets fixed soon. I too have a prepaid cell plan and fully understand. Kudos on finding all your "lost" documents.

You are quite correct in that the dog was not at fault, nor did I blame him/her. The fault was with the jerk that was encouraging the dog to attack. I guess he got even though. When I went to do the feedings tonight, I discovered the double feeder bowl I put out there for the second colony was gone and I had to put their food on the ground - after having been out there for 2 weeks. Not hard to know who tossed it mad.gif Not like I can go to the manager about it either. He'll get his in the end if there is any justice in the world. I'll find something else to use tomorrow.

Work was slow but for a glut in the morning when none of the USA TODAY customers could log into their E Newspaper - that was fun. Travel home was timely and since I didn't need much this week I got provisions on the way home. I forgot a few items though (sigh) So I have to decide whether I want to go all the way back to Dollar Tree tomorrow or just hit one of the convenience stores across the street.

Theresa and Tang both met me at the door and "inspected" the bags of provisions. Both are well and playing happy.gif I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold gusty windy T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious fur tribe and you are doing okay.

I can so understand the frustration of overlooking items on the grocery list only to discover this AFTER getting home. I hope whatever errands you need to do today will be completed quickly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most this day together.

Sorry the food dish you had been using for the homeless waifs turned up missing. That is frustrating indeed. I know you will try to replace it with something equally usable.

The wind is really blowing today but is forecasted to calm down later tonight. Neither Noah nor I like the high gusty wind, but the good news is that we are safe and secure in our little home. Noah is doing well enjoying the sunbeams although with temps only in the 30's they do not feel particularly warm coming in through the windows today.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and glad your little man has sunbeams to bask in despite the wind and cold.

The skies were gray and there were a few flurries when I began my trek to Dollar Tree after laundry. I was there right as they opened and found what I needed. Fortunately, they had a variety of bowls in the pet aisle. I settled on 2 very sturdy hard plastic bowls (2 in case I have to replace again) and set it out with food this morning. The metal one that's always been there is still there and I filled it too. This evening's feeding will tell the tale I suppose. It was gusty and I'm not sure what was flying waiting fo my bus home. It wasn't flurries or freezing rain that I had ever seen. It seemed (crazy as it sounds) like salt huh.gif

It's very sunny and a bit warmer now. Theresa and Tang are both well and we enjoyed a rousing game of laser pen tag this morning happy.gif Both have been a wonderful source of companionship and comfort today.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

If your area has needed salt / sand put on the roads for wintry type weather, when the snow / ice melts, a layer of salt / sand remains on the road and eventually ends up in the gutters. So when the wind blows strong enough it can indeed pick up the salt / sand debris. So you really aren't going crazy thinking that the wind was blowing salt around.

Glad you were able to find a couple of feeding bowls for the homeless waifs during your errand yesterday. I know the precious souls sincerely appreciate everything you do for them.

Sounds like you and your precious fur tribe had an enjoyable day yesterday once chores and errands were completed.

Logged into my credit card this morning to check to see if the charge for my cell phone was finally listed, and it is - - so I went ahead and authorized payment. I'm glad that issue has finally been resolved. Worked on my shredding project and everything is up to date with that for now - - ready for the next wave of "occupant" mail. Sunbeams are bright and cheering once again, but not so warm coming in through the big windows with temps only in the 30's today. The forecast has significantly improved in that the area is now only anticipating a wet rain from a previous forecast of potential wintry whatever beginning tomorrow evening through Monday. Now I can plan to do my grocery errand on Tuesday.

My precious Noah is doing well today, which is always a blessing sharing this news with you. He is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and glad you and your little man had sunbeams to brighten the day. Glad to hear your cell phone payment finally got straightened out.

I guess the wind blowing road salt makes sense, because I sure didn't see anything coming down from the sky. It's been a pretty laid back day with the kids. Both Theresa and Tang are well I'm happy to say and have been excellent company with cuddles and purrs - in stereo on the sofa for a brief time earlier wub.gif

I did a morning waif feeding and was pleased to see the bowl I put out is still there. The metal bowl on the first stop had food frozen solid in it though, so I shook it out and put in the fresh. I did another feeding about a 1/2 half hour ago and saw some faces. As I was atop the stairs to go back inside, I glanced down to see the jerk with dog coming out with him and lighting up a cigarette. He started down the path toward the colonies and looked up to see me glaring - he promptly turned around and went the other way. I kept watch out my window for a while to make sure the waifs were safe.

Not much else going on. Speaking of salt, I get to go back to the mines again tomorrow (sigh) I really do I hope I hear back from the lady at Red Cross soon.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday greetings to you and furbabies. I hope you all are doing well. We all are doing ok.

That is mean of that guy trying to scare the little waifs away. I'm glad you gave him the evil eye. You are doing a great job of trying to keep them fed.

The same kitties are still coming by here to eat. I saw just the back end of an orange tabby going around the corner of the house. It might have been one of the tabbys or a different one. Smokey shows up every morning for the warm can food. That little cat that came by did belong to our neighbor. He came back Thursday evening right before dark. Hubby was putting the food out and she was eating right under his hand and purring. But every time he tried to pick her up, she would jump away and then come back. I called the neighbor real quick. She walked down here and brought a cardboard carrier and a dish of food. The cat almost got in the box when she checked out the food, but then jumped back again. Anyway we kept trying until it got dark. The neighbor walked on home and I think the cat went up the street a little way behind her. She left her garage door open, so that meant she didn't catch her cat. It is a pretty little 8 month old black and white bobtail. She got it at the Humane Society. I forgot to ask how long she had it, but I don't think they have bonded very well yet. The cat might stay in the neighborhood, but I'm afraid she will get run over. We haven't seen her since.

Well, Tracy, that's all the cat tales for now, so here's hoping you and your sweet furbabies have a peaceful and cozy evening. Also I hope you have a good work week. Always thinking of our little fur-angels, Sir Tom and Mickey....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Happy Caturday greetings to you, hubby, and your waifs as well.

I'm sorry to hear you and your neighbor came so close to rescuing the bobtail only to fail sad.gif You may be right in that they didn't bond well. But the neighbor made an effort and left her garage door open so that's a good sign. Glad to hear Smokey is doing OK and still coming around.

Yeah, that guy is a real jerk. But the fact I seemed to "scare" him twice is a point in the favor of my charges. Funny, I never considered myself a scary person. But, I have had a few close associates tell me differently cool.gif The important thing is, he'll think twice before bothering them again.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you and yours are well and have a pleasant evening. Always thinking of Angels Mickey and Thomas watching over us. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Like LoveMyMickey, I am also glad the man walking his dog noticed you watching him and had a change of mind. He obviously has some unkind intentions toward the homeless waifs and is using his dog as the method of torment toward them. These precious souls are so blessed to have you as their provider and guardian.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is doing well and soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl. And soon, if not already, you will begin your trek home to your precious fur tribe who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Non-stop rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Work wasn't too bad as Sundays go - just up and down in the queue. Up unfortunately between 11:30 and noon when I got off, so no VTO.

Travels home were timely and soggy. It's still raining and is supposed to all night. Sadly, that means the waifs will miss out on tonight's feeding sad.gif as the rain would just ruin the food and they are probably trying to stay out of the rain anyway; breaks my heart. I will give them a double helping tomorrow though. But I also don't see cigarette man with the dog either.

Theresa and Tang are well and treated me to stereo cuddle/purrs on the sofa for a bit. Now Theresa is warming herself by the little heater.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah an d that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly blustery windy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine how upsetting it is for you to not be able to put food out for the homeless waifs when the weather is bad. Of course your thoughts turn to their welfare. Putting out extra helpings today will help them to know you had not forgotten about them.

Today's project is pulling the grocery and errand list together for tomorrow's run. Thankfully they are all local. My precious Noah is doing well today. Sunbeams are shining bright and cheery, but with the gusty wind the woodland residents are tucked tightly into their nests and dens so that they won't get blown away. Soon it will be time to get my precious Noah his lunch, which he is already letting me know he is eagerly looking forward to.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cold with a few flurries greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and glad to hear there are sunbeams today in which to bask. Hope your errands go well tomorrow.

The call volume was back to what I would expect for a Monday (all good things and all that) with 200-300 in queue most of the day and people being back to their rude and surely selves. They had a "job fair" today in the break room for Saves and CET (floor leads) I have no interest in the Saves team (struggling with those calls as is) CET is run by Evil Sup and I will NOT report to her ever again (as if she'd give me a shot after trying so hard to get me fired) Not a single person came to see her and, get this, I overheard her tell one of the Saves sups she has lost 4 people this week laugh.gif This leaves me wondering just how many good people are they going to let her run off before they crack down on her? Probably never since they are afraid that if they even think about it she will file a discrimination suit so fast their heads will spin.

My bus home was (per usual for Mondays it seems) about 15 minutes late and did not make up any time (sigh) Good news about the waifs. As I was settled in and 1/2 way through my show on Netflix last night, I got the urge to stop it and look out the sliding doors where I can see the metal bowl of the first group. The 2 black and white kitties were milling about the bowl. I opened the door and it was barely sprinkling. I thought, by golly, if they can make the effort so can I. They were delighted as was I. Tonight I came upon the second group's bowl to discover cereal in it huh.gif I figured, oh well it won't hurt 'em. But as I was about to poor the food over it I saw it had real milk in it blink.gif Hearts in the right place I guess, but knows nothing about cats. I dumped it out and hope they don't eat it.

Theresa and Tang are well. He greeted me at the door, and she was curled up on a fluffy scarf I left laying on a chair wub.gif Both are well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold calmer breezes Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get some food out for the homeless waifs - - which I know they very much appreciate. You were wise to discard the cereal with real milk as that would have caused some digestive upsets.

It's nice that your employer holds "job fairs" for other departments, and perhaps sometime there may be one for a department you may be interested in exploring - - while keeping other options opened elsewhere. When I was with the federal government I worked for a supervisor who also lost several employees some of whom filed grievances against him. He eventually lost his supervisory position.

Today was an early rise day for groceries and a stop at the pharmacy. Am so glad I have that done, and to be home again with my precious Noah. I will need to make a trek to the vet's office to pick up more food for Noah's larder and get gas in the car - - will plan to do that on Thursday. Sunbeams are shining bright today and as I'm writing to you my precious Noah is on his big door window bench enjoying the squirrels and birds who are ever so happy that the wind isn't blowing at gale force speed today.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but chilly day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and glad to hear he had sunbeams and local scenery to enjoy. I'm sure he was glad to have you back home from your errands.

A department for me...hmm. Yeah, they just filled the IT job with some woman from the outside and I never knew it was available. Chat/Email is also as unattainable as ever. I'm putting more hope in the Red Cross calling me back. I really do not feel I have any future at Gannett. I'm betting your boss was a Caucasian male which made him pretty easy to get rid of. Not so easy with "evil" sup. Everybody is pretty much scared of her for the reasons I posted last night. So this means they will take the personnel "hits" and never say a word to her.

Travels home were a bit late but reasonably uneventful if you don't count the lady who thought the driver was her personal GPS and the drunk and/or high dude that got on with an expired transfer. Got to love public transit. Who ever put the milk/cereal last night in my bowl must have taken some umbrage at me tossing it as the bowl was gone tonight. There was a rather large square container in its place though - maybe they just wanted the bowl blink.gif

Theresa and Tang are well. Theresa was ever so glad I finally ran out of 9 lives (well, I really didn't) and opened one of the cans of Friskie's I got at Feeder's last I was out. Both are well I'm happy to say.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Always a blessing sharing your news that your precious fur tribe, and you, are doing well.

Sorry you missed out on the IT opening. There always seem to be some jobs that are not posted for some reason. Perhaps you could speak with the HR reps to let them know you are interested in "upward mobility" and see if they have any recommendations about applying for job openings. Until something comes along your way that is more in line with what you'd like to be doing, just keep doing the great job you're doing in your current position, my friend, and keep your options open wherever you find them. Please let us know how things go.

It would be interesting to find a way to place a camera at the dumpster site so that you could see what is happening with the homesless waifs on your computer. I know THEY know who has their best interests at heart, my friend, and they KNOW they can trust you.

Received my year-end settlement electric bill. It's more than what it was last year, but still less than my monthly budget payment. The electric company lowered my budget payment by $4 beginning next month, but I will continue paying what I did last year in the effort that come the 6 month review there will not be any drastic increases to absorb. Called the vet's office and they have Noah's food in stock, so I will make a trek into town tomorrow to pick it up and get gas in the car.

Soon it will be time to get some lunch in my precious Noah's bowl, so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy but warmer day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear there were sunbeams to be enjoyed. Sounds like your budget bill balances out in the end, so that's good.

HR? What's that? No, seriously the HR manager was moved downstairs to do broader coverage of Gannett and no longer is accessible to us. They have the payroll clerk they hired a while back, but she really doesn't know anything. Here's more icing on the cake. It was bad enough when one of my training class mates started doing CET. But at least she strikes me as fairly sharp. Now they have this other guy from my class doing it, and he's as dumb as a box of rocks. No, "evil" sup has her fingers in every pie, and upper management is scared to death of her. I'm going nowhere but right where I am in that place. Either I settle for it, or move on. Apparently God has decided I have not suffered enough.

My bus home started out on time, but between the detours and the drunks we were 20 minutes late when I got off at my stop home. Why to people get drunk and/or stoned and try to ride the bus? It's not the dumpster area that's the problem BTW. I just put a token paper bowl out there and it's usually fine. The other colonies are along the back fence of the property. The square container that was there last night is gone too, so I put out my other bowl from Dollar Tree. We'll see how long that lasts. There were plenty of takers tonight too.

Theresa and Tang are both well, if not a bit put off at me trying to rush to get things done being home so late. Bless their hearts. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold gusty windy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you were later getting home yesterday evening. That's always frustrating for sure. I know your precious companions understand this is not your fault, and as always - - were ever so glad to have you home safe and sound. They are blessed to have you for their Forever Dad, and I know you feel blessed to have them in your life.

I can relate to how you feel about your HR department. When I was employed in my previous job the only time I contacted HR was when I had payroll-type questions. Otherwise they were totally useless for me. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, my friend, and continue to keep your options open.

Was able to do my errands today. With the temps below freezing and the wind chill with the gusty winds my hands almost froze at the gas pump entering payment information. Was so glad when I could get my gloves back on while the gas pumped. When I wrote the check for Noah's food I inadvertently wrote the wrong amount, but neither I nor the CSR at the desk noticed it while I was there. As I was driving home, I thought about the check, pulled over to check the duplicate copy and sure enough - - I had written the wrong amount. So I had to go back to the vet's office and write a new check. SO GLAD I pulled off while I was still close to the vet's office so that I didn't have to drive all the way back to town. Am so glad to be home now with my precious Noah who is settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you.

Just a few hours to go and then you will be on your way home to your precious fur tribe to enjoy your weekend together. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry about your check mix up, but glad you caught it in time. I'm sure Noah was glad to have you back home.

Work was slow today on the order of Tuesday of last week. VTO was called at 2:30, and I was able to leave at 2:45. I asked for paid, but they didn't specify when I got the email to go. But it's OK if not, it was just over an hour (I get off at 4 on Thursdays) and I hit all my metrics for January so my bonus should be more than last time.

I was going to go all the way out to Kroger to pick up my RX and swing back around to Save a Lot and Dollar tree to do all my shopping, but I thought that was pushing it. So, I just did the latter. I think I'll to the former Sunday after I get off. Seems more sensible than making a special trip.

Theresa and Tang were surprised but delighted to see me walking in the door at about 4:55 happy.gif I have to admit it feels good to have most of the running out of the way and still get home that early. Both are well I'm happy to report.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get off early yesterday so that you could do the major errands on your way home so that you and your precious companions could enjoy most of this day together. Hope you were able to get your chores done early today.

Have been getting caught up on some overdue e-mails today. My precious Noah has been keeping me faithful company. As I'm writing to you he is settled comfortably next to me. Soon it will be time to get some dinner in his bowl.

Not a lot happening, which suits me just fine. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes sunny and cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I was able to get my laundry done in a timely fashion with no interference or presence of others. I did a morning feeding of the waifs and saw the usual faces. I also discovered what happened to my fist hard plastic bowl that went missing. It's down in the gully with what looks light the remains of wet kibble in it. I suppose I should try to liberate it at some point.

Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided excellent company complete with snuggles and purrs - at the same time a couple times throughout the day too wub.gif

Not much happening here, which also suits me just fine as well. I sometimes envy you not having to go to a job you don't like anymore, but I also know what you had to go through to get there my friend. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warmer Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores done yesterday in a timely manner and hope you and your precious companions are enjoying a totally lazy Caturday together. Perhaps if the temps are decent your precious fur tribe can enjoy some quality balcony time. And am glad to share your news that you found the plastic bowl. Hope you're able to retrieve it and reuse it for the homeless waifs.

Have done some project work on the big desk top this morning and am now running the security scan. My precious Noah is enjoying the sunbeams today, as am I. I sure wish the 50 degree temps could be the norm for the rest of the winter weeks. Noah is letting me know that it's time to get some lunch in his bowl so will get this off to you.

Looking forward to a quiet afternoon and evening with my precious boy. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Happy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah with sunny skies and 60 degrees.

I did offer balcony time, but the jury seems out on it. Theresa and Tang did just now go out, but were reluctant earlier. Both are well and have provided cuddles, sandpaper kisses and stereo purring both in the bed and on the sofa wub.gif Right now they are at opposite front corners of the balcony like my own personal guardian gargoyles laugh.gif

I did retrieve the other plastic bowl last night from the gully and washed it out and put it away, since I already put out the other bowl. And elderly man along the path questioned me about feeding them and I was naturally wary. But he went on to say his wife had been feeding them because she was afraid they'd go hungry. I told him I keep myself in food just for them when I go to the store. I should have taken that opportunity to ask that they please not give them milk.

Speaking of which, someone had put a complete meal in the first metal bowl at some point today. The meatloaf I guess would have been OK, but the noodles, cabbage, and God know what else loaded with butter/milk/cheese was NOT. I dumped it out and kicked some dirt over it. Then I brought the bowl inside and cleaned it out and put fresh dry food and took it back out. They seemed quite grateful at that. I'm glad they had the sense to ignore what was in there. I'm glad people are trying to help, but it would be better if they kept their food for themselves and spent a measly 3.00 at the store for a bag of dry cat food. I could not fault the can of tuna though (except for the potential for cuts on the edges) Am I worrying too much?

Not much else going on. Settling in the evening. Still need to do food, water, litter and Tang's insulin. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, you are not worrying too much about what is put out for the homeless waifs by other people. The goal is to keep them from being hungry - - NOT to make them sick. They need someone who will try their best to keep them properly fed AND well. They are blessed to have you as their provider and protector.

Not a lot going on here today, as Sundays are reserved to be on the lazy side. Noah is doing very well enjoying the bright cheery sunbeams. He has had his lunch and mine is on the stove warming.

Hopefully by now you are home, or well on your way to being home, to your precious fur tribe who are always thrilled to have their Forever Dad arrive safe and sound. I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, but warmer day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and am glad to hear you and he had sunbeams to enjoy today. Hopefully that brought out some woodland denizens for him to watch.

Travels to work were marred (the second work day in a row) by the #18 driver taking his sweet time and being 5 minutes late downtown. This made me miss my connecting bus at Jefferson and I had to walk down to Broadway. This ate up about 10 minutes of my "lead in" time I like to have to ease into my shift. Work itself was not very busy for Sunday, but no VTO. I had a 1 on 1 with the sup on my new schedule. I made it plain my only reason to making goal is to get a better bonus (which I did this time around - about 200.00 better than last time) I was blunt about the fact that I know a certain sup is blocking any progress I make and I will never get to move anywhere. But, he's afraid of her too and just denied it. When I finally get something else lined up and and have nothing left to lose there, she is going to be a very unhappy camper - I assure you.

Travels back this way were much better and timely. After picking up my RX and grabbing a few odds and ends at Kroger, I got my hair cut, made a vet appointment for the 27th with Dr. Mills, and barely made the 2:30 bus back this way. I put food out for the waifs, but they have yet to show which is not usual unsure.gif I hope they are OK.

Theresa and Tang are both well and have enjoyed a wee bit of balcony time. This always makes Theresa frisky and want to "play" She batted at Tang as he came in, but he was a perfect gentleman and let it go - just laid right down in the living room and crossed his paws happy.gif as if to say "Oh yeah? Well there!" Even nodded his head slightly for emphasis laugh.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry your travels into work yesterday were difficult, but am glad your travels home were better. It never ceases to amaze me how one person can make such a negative impact on a person's life - - be it a teacher, parent, sibling, co-worker, supervisor, etc.. I know from first hand experience what it is like to be singled out by someone for ill-conceived purposes simply because you "exist". It's a form of bullying, and I recently read an article on the internet specifically about bullying in the work place. Just keep doing the great job you're doing - - keep focued on what is important to YOU - - providing for your precious companions and you - - and keep your options open for other opportunities.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah and I slept in this morning - - it's always a joy waking up snuggled next to him. Clouds are quickly gathering for some rain forecasted to begin later today which will usher in more significantly cooler temps for the week. So glad I was able to get my errands done last week.

My friend, I do understand how difficult it is to go into a job that has a hostile atmosphere. It is very difficult to face it day after day. Still, I hope in some way there is "something" decent for you to help make the hours there less stressful. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cold and windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you both got to sleep in today - always a treat.

No, there is nothing in that workplace that mitigates the hostility of it, but thanks for asking. It's just a paycheck (and benefits) that keeps me, the kids, and the homeless waifs fended for. My options are ALWAYS open, just not sure the Fates are listening. It was a typical Monday volume wise, but it did die off around 3:30 and VTO was offered at 4:30 which I took. Funny, most other jobs I never did that. Tells you something, huh? I caught the 4:45 bus and was home just after 5:30.

Theresa and Tang were only slightly caught off guard, but still very much pleased. Both are well I'm happy to say, except Tang is shunning the can food again. Either I'm going to have to alternate between 9 Lives and Friskies or open one of each at a time, and I'm not sure how well both would keep in the fridge (sigh)

Feeding the waifs tonight, I could not find the metal bowl anywhere, and the plastic one was blown but not too far. I put all the food in that one and stopped at the fist colony and looked at the Siamese mix and one of the black and white ones through the fence. The former looks just like "Grumpy Cat" She looked so sad when I said I'll be right back as if she thought I was going to forget about them. I came back with one of my spare plastic ones and they were ever so glad.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, cooler Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, you are at a point in your life now where taking advantage of the extra "benefits" such as early release from work is okay. The fact that you are working in an environment that is hostile only makes this extra "benefit" an added plus. So - - ENJOY this added benefit as frequently as you can.

So glad your precious companions are doing well. It is perfectly normal to be concerned about your precious Tang's appetite changes. As long as he is eating his other food okay and taking care of his personal needs properly only you can determine if he needs to see his doctor. He will be seeing his doctor come the end of the month, and perhaps Dr. Mills can give you some ideas. Look forward to sharing your news as to how things go.

My brother in Bedford called yesterday inviting me to join him and my sister in law for lunch today, so will be leaving after I get my precious Noah his lunch. I will probably not be back online after I get home. But I wanted to stop by to let you know that I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and that you have safe travels to see your brother for lunch. I'm sure Noah will be happy to see you when you get back.

Thank you for the encouraging words, as always. It turns out I had to use one of those "benefits" today as I spent the better part of the night in the bathroom. I'm sure there is a direct connection between the two (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are both well though and have been excellent company throughout the day. I looked out the sliding doors to see the waifs of the first colony either playing or fighting - I could not tell from where I sat. I took it as a cue to do their feeding early though.

Not much else going on here. I hope today is being kind to you and your precious Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cool Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you were sidelined yesterday with a GI upset. Stress can be a major culprit, and I hope you are feeling much better today so that you can physically comfortably return to work.

Lunch yesterday was pleasant enough. My sister in law has the need to talk incessently so that no one else has much opportunity to say anything. During her conversation topics she shared that they are on an "adoption list" at their vet's for a female kitten. They have turned down a couple of "applicants" - - one was suspected to be challenged with hearing loss, and they have let it be known they do not want another "special needs" cat. Which makes me wonder what they will do if / when their companion has chronic health problems. I pray they will NOT adopt again.

Noah was eagerly waiting for me when I got home, and I am so very glad I do not have any other errands to do this week to take time away from him. He's doing well, - - I just don't like being away from him for any prolonged period of time - - I do so enjoy his company.

Have been working on the security updates and scans on both the big desk top and lap top today. The security scan is going on the big desk top as I'm writing to you and will be able to shut it down once that is completed. Soon it will be time to get my precious Noah his lunch.

Once again, my friend, I hope you are feeling better today, and that this day is treating you kindly at work. I hope your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cold and windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I share your concerns about this woman being allowed to EVER adopt any animals. Perhaps it's time for someone to let the vet know just what kind of person she really is when it comes to pet care (or the lack there of) I'd do it in a heartbeat if it were me, but then the thought of my family "snubbing" me is both already a fact and enjoyable to think of. But, I know you don't want to upset your brother. I know how you feel about not wanting to be away from your baby, and I know he was very glad to see his forever mom.

I was "well" enough to go to work today, but I don't know that I have ever felt good since I started this job (or ever will) The volume was heavy at first, but died off around lunch. Stayed that way too long enough to hope for VTO, then spiked at around 4:20 (sigh) So there went that idea. Travel home was late and marred with inexplicable traffic (20 minutes give or take)

Theresa and Tang are well, although only Tang met me at the door. As for his issues with can food, I think it's just a taste thing. He prefers 9 Lives and Theresa the Friskies. Other than that, both eat their dry food and treats and drink plenty of water. The waifs are hanging in there too, always anticipating my arrival, but still too scared to let me get close. I miss Gray Tabby in that regard.

I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a blissful evening TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold gusty windy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you are feeling better, my friend. Continue to keep your options open for other opportunities, - - and just do the best you can where you are for now.

Anyone who says that our companions have no cognitive abilities are totally ignorant. I cannot help but chuckle at your precious Theresa's and little Tang's taste preferences. It is obvious that they have their individual taste palates - - identical to human food connisouers. While my precious Noah graciously ate the Purina diabetic maintenance canned food when I put it in his bowl when he was first diagnosed, it was not with elation or enthusiasm, but when I opened the Hill's canned food it was obvious which food I would be giving him from that point forward.

The wind is singing outside today and there are some snow flurries dancing in the wind as well, but there is still some sunlight making its way through the thin cloud cover. If this is all we get for the remainder of the winter weeks that will be fine with me, although wintry type weather is already in the forecast for next week - - the details to be determined as the weather system develops.

Noah is doing well. We slept in this morning. Got fresh blankets on the bed today so now I have enough laundry to do a couple of loads sometime during this weekend. It is getting time to get some lunch in my precious boy's bowl, so will get this off to you.

Just a few more hours to go and then you will be on your way home to your precious fur tribe for your weekend together. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and very cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad you both could sleep in, that's always a plus.

Work was dead right up until after lunch. Then just before 1:00, WFM decides to let my entire section (but me) take VTO - at the same time Saves decided to get off the phones and have a pizza party. VTO that early, and that many people? Really? We shot up to almost 100 in queue and that skewed the numbers so badly no more was offered mad.gif But I get off at 4:00 on Thursdays and with doing my shopping on the way home (winter weather is headed here too) I still got home about the same time as the rest of the week.

Theresa and Tang were both pleased to see me (like I said, they always know the eve of my days off) I had just enough Friskies in the plastic container to give to Theresa and opened a fresh can of 9 Lives for Tang - win win. But tomorrow she will be disappointed. I'm going to alternate as I don't think 2 cans will keep well for that long in the fridge.

Someone has thrown away BOTH bowls for the waifs this time! This is no coincidence or the wind blowing them (I looked all over) I brought down my spare I'd thought lost for the first colony and there was still a big plastic lid down my the second I could use. If it was the management, I think someone would have said something to me by now. I think it's the jerk with the dog. I'll put the food on the ground if I have to, but I was trying to give them some dignity. It's hurting nobody to have those bowls there.

Oh well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you were not permitted to take the early time off yesterday. Is there a policy that allows only a certain number of VTO's per week / month? It is yet another example of management's poor judgment. In spite of it, however, you were able to get your grocery errand done yesterday on your way home. It's always good to get as many chores / errands done so that your weekend days can be focused on spending time with your precious fur tribe.

I'm so sorry someone has taken it upon themselves to discard the food dishes, and perhaps the food, you put out for the homeless waifs. It's discouraging, but I'm glad you are determined to provide for them as best as the circumstances can be. I know they sincerely appreciate everything you do for them.

It appears my "celebration" of the lower monthly insurance premium was premature. Received a letter in the mail yesterday confirming that the higher premium is the correct one, but because of the confusion the check is a reimbursement in "good faith" for the January and February premiums. It's a bummer, no doubt - - but I only have 10 more monthly premiums to make on this policy before I can switch to a short-term policy with a lower premium until Medicare becomes effective next year. I will endure.

Printed off my monthly bank statement this morning so will have the project of reconciling the checkbook to keep me busy. My precious Noah is doing well, and is eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl as I'm writing to you. Sunbeams are shining bright and cheery today but not very warm. Still, it's nice to have the sunbeams. Had several birds in the back yard earlier foraging for their meals, which amused my precious Noah. Got a call from his vet yesterday letting me know she is leaving the practice she's been with for the past 1.5 years the end of March to set up her own practice which she has been wanting to do. So I will be taking my precious boy to see her when her new practice opens in May. I don't think she's been happy with the practice that she's leaving, and if this is the case I would not be surprised. The only reason why I took Noah there is because she has been there. I really want him to stay with her.

This is all the news here today, so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm sorry to hear about the mix up with your insurance premiums, and hope it does not cause too much hardship.

As for yesterday, I suppose there might be a limit on how many VTO days one can have in a week. But I have never heard of it. And letting that many people go so early in the day is totally unheard of. But you're right in that I can only persevere and keep my options open.

Laundry went OK today with no interference or "orphan" loads of laundry to contend with. I put out food for the waifs this morning and the bowl I put out was still there (and still appears to be from where I look out the sliding doors) as was the big plastic lid further down. Who ever is tossing the bowls (and possibly the food) is a perfect example of why I have little to no use for so called "humanity".

The rest of the day has been low key and more or less relaxed. Theresa and Tang are well and have provided good companionship, cuddles, purrs and sandpaper kisses. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your precious fur tribe had a delightful day together yesterday.

Thank you for the good thoughts about my health insurance premium. In days of yore companies were compelled to honor the written contract - - including when errors were detected which did not favor the company. The fact that companies can now re-write the terms of a contract AFTER it has been signed and received is yet another sign that "times - - they are a-changin' (have drastically changed not for the better).

Noah is doing well today for which I am always thankful. Want to work a bit on balancing the checkbook before it's time to get my precious boy's lunch, and have some e-mails I need to get started on as well. Looks like we're in the bulls eye for frigid temps and some sort of wintry whatever over the next several days. Hope you are warm during your travels, my friend.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, but very windy and cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both keeping warm; frigid temps heading this way too (but at least there is not supposed to be snow or ice). I know exactly what you mean by companies "rewriting" contracts to suit them. I deal with that all the time with customers who've paid a year in advance only to see their pay through dates "recalculated" when a price increase goes through. I have no words to defend that, and I don't even try.

It's been a pretty laid back day with Theresa and Tang, whom are both well I'm always happy to say. I spent some time online for specific purposes too. First on Amazon finding a good rubber sealant as there are little tears on each of my boots I just bought, what 3 months ago? Says it's good for fixing/sealing rubber fishing waders, so we'll see. The second was trolling the library web site for new Star Trek novels. I'm always a day late and a dollar short getting on the hold lists, until I figured out I could sort by publish date. Now I have 3 new ones where I'm number 1 happy.gif Just as I was thinking what will become of Riker now that he's an Admiral and Dr. Bashir (Deep Space 9) now that he's been cashiered out of Starfleet with Section 31 looking to recruit him (again) 2 of the books are about just that (at least some things seem to be going my way)

I fed the waifs twice today without any issues. The big plastic lid blew away but the other dish is still there. I dug up another plastic container for the other site and wedged it under the fence by a utility pole where it will hopefully go unobserved. Not much else happening. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Happy Valentine Caturday to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa!.....I hope you all are doing well. We are ok here. The wind was really bad today, blowing against the house. I'm surprised it didn't blow away some of the plastic lids off the carport where we feed the cats. One windy day we found three lids in the front yard. Somebody put them back, don't know who.

The neighbor never did catch her cat according to her garage door being left open at night and the light on. That cat was so fast, she would jump around like a spider. We never did see her anymore, but there's always food out there for her. Smokey still comes by for can food breakfast and dry food later. Smokey has something real nasty looking at the base of his tail, on top and bottom. It looks like some kind of grease. It's been there for quite awhile so I guess it won't hurt him. He doesn't like for anybody to touch his tail anyway.....Socks, Caramel, and others still come by.

About not giving cats milk, did cats evolve into something different? unsure.gif We always gave cats milk when I was growing up, never hurt them. We don't give our strays milk, can't afford to give our good milk away. When hubby and I lived in Virginia, we had an orange Tabby. He loved my cornbread and would growl like a dog. Anyway, when we were moving back to Ky, in the car, he escaped somewhere. A neighbor in Va. wrote to me and said she thought she saw him. I hope somebody took him in. That was many moons ago. blink.gif

I hope you and furbabies stay warm and have a cozy evening. I hope all our little waifs do ok in this cold weather........God Bless.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Hope you all had a good Caturday.

To my knowledge, it's always been a bad idea to give adult cats (and dogs) real milk. They can't digest it properly. Sorry to hear about your neighbor;s cat and hope she is alright.

Glad to hear Smokey, Caramel and Socks still come around. I hope what ever Smokey has gotten into does not hurt him unsure.gif So sorry to hear about your run away Tabby and hope he was taken in or at least had food and shelter.

Not much else going on here. Got to brave this bitter cold to go to work. I hope you are all doing well and have a good day. Keep warm TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, frigid blustery sunny Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. As always it's a blessing sharing your news as to how your precious fur tribe and you are doing.

Sorry your boots have sprung a leak, and hope the glue sealant works. I use rubber gloves when I wash dishes and clean. The gloves spring leaks in a finger or two, but otherwise are still good to use. So I use duct tape around the holes like a band aid and that works wonderfully. This allows me to continue to use the gloves for awhile longer until I really need to discard them for a new pair. I also had a pair of orthopedic black shoes that developed holes around the big toe joint in both shoes. They were my only pair of good black shoes, so I used black duct tape on them so that I could continue to wear them until I was able to get a new pair of orthopedic black shoes. I hope your boots will continue to offer you good service when you have them "repaired."

So glad you were able to find the other bowl, my friend, and hope wedging it under the fence by a utility pole will help keep it from disappearing. I know the waifs are so appreciative of everything you do for them.

The project for today is staying warm with the frigid temps. The region is under a winter weather advisory beginning tomorrow afternoon which could leave between 3 to 5 inches of winter whatever precipitation before the storm comes to an end sometime Tuesday. Temps are supposed to remain below freezing all week long - - I am sooooo ready for spring!!!!

My precious Noah is doing well. He is letting me know that it's time to start getting some lunch in his bowl, which I will do when I get this off to you. Have finally caught up with my e-mails for now, so am looking forward to a quiet afternoon and evening with my precious boy.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes sunny, but very cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Thanks for the encouragement on my boots. Today I wore my old ones since there was no precipitation. But we're supposed to have a fair amount of snow tonight and tomorrow and I'm not sure what call to make for that. I could wear the old ones with bags again; I really don't want to risk tearing up my newer ones more before I get the sealant.

Work was a nightmare. The local paper had printing press issues causing incomplete and all together missed deliveries all over the region. I had already done over a dozen re-delivery messages when the message came out for credit only. People just didn't get the concept of no printer, no paper. 163 in queue when I left. I imagine it will be no better tomorrow.

The trip home was timely and smooth though. Both bowls are in place for the waifs still and I refilled them; no faces tough. Theresa and Tang are both well, and Tang is enjoying "his turn" on canned food with 9 Lives. Theresa doesn't even come into the kitchen since I opened that can - like she knows rolleyes.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, frigid snowy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope you will be able to wear your boots - - old or new - - to protect your feet from the wintry weather in your region. So glad to share your news that the bowls for the homeless waifs were still where you put them so that you could add more food in them.

The winter weather report last night indicated that accumulations could be between 8 to 10 inches, more or less, for the area I live in - - which is several inches MORE than originally forecasted. So this morning I made a trek to the gas station to get gas for the snowblower - - which I might need to use by the time this storm is finished come tomorrow morning. It is snowing steadily now as I'm writing to you with temps only at 19 degrees. I am soooooooooooooooooo ready for spring!!!

Noah is doing well, which is always a blessing to share with you. When I got home I started working on the bill-a-thon for March payments, and he kept me faithful company. At the moment he is on his big window bench watching the snow fall.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold with heavy snow greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping warm.

Trekking to work was not too bad with the buses running only a few minutes late. Work was busy, but due to the weather conditions we closed the calls for Eastern/Central at 3:00 and 6:00 Mountain/Pacific. I was allowed to leave at 4:00 (paid) but still had to wait a little over a half hour on Market for a UPS bus. Getting down there, the 6th street bus nearly got stuck in the snow drifts twice blink.gif A total of about 6-12 inches with more to come until midnight. I darn near fell and hurt myself 3 times coming in as the office was closed and apparently maintenance didn't work either. The lot is a mess! With tonight's hard freeze, I don't anticipate it being any better tomorrow. If that's the case, I'm straying home. I did my bit for King and Country today, but no job is worth risking life and limb over.

Sadly, due to the weather, I was not able to feed the waifs tonight sad.gif I'm not sure they would have come out to eat anyway. I hope they have found adequate shelter. Theresa and Tang are well and were pleased to see me. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny balmy 35 degrees snow covered Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you doing well and in good spirits.

I can so relate to your consternation about parking lots, and conditions being what they are here I think you would be wise to elect not to travel today unless it is absolutely imperative. Don't worry too much about the waifs not getting food yesterday - - they were very likely hunkered down in shelter, and any food you put out in the storm would have been ruined. It's best to wait until after the storm passes to put food out again.

Today has been a cardio physical work out for sure. It was worth the trip to the gas station yesterday morning to get fuel for the snowblower. I am ever so thankful that it was a dry snow that fell - - between 10 - 12 inches here at the homestead, as this is what my little snowblower handles best. Got the majority of the snow removed from the driveway, and got the 3 foot ice dam at the street end of the driveway courtesy of the snowplows removed as well. By that time I was getting too tuckered to tackle the turn-around, and I still needed to clear off the two basement door stoops and the air ducts around the emergency generator. All in all I was busy for a good 3 hours which included many rest time outs in the garage, as well as rest periods leaning on my walker to get my "wind" back to continue on with the driveway snow removal. IF there were a situation arise that I absolutely without a doubt needed to leave the house I believe I could make out of the driveway without any major issues. Today is the ONLY day for above freezing temps - - the rest of this week and through the coming weekend temps are supposed to be only in the teens for highs, so today is the ONLY day for any hope of melting to take place. More wintry whatever is also in the forecast beginning tomorrow and lasting through the weekend as well. At this time no "measureable" precipitation is in the forecast. I truly do hope this is the case, as I used up my "winter activity energy quotient" today.

My precious Noah was still under blankets sleeping soundly when I began my winter exercise this morning, but was greeting me at the foot of the basement stairs when I came in. He kept me company while I took my shower, and is now eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl, which I will get for him when I get this posted to you. For me it's going to be a soup day - - too tired to fix the regular lunch feast.

I hope today is treating you kindly whatever you are doing, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Snowy and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you had a quite a work out clearing the snow. I'm sure your little man was glad when you came back in.

I elected not to travel today as not even the walks or stairs had been salted or cleared. They do at least have that done now. So, I braved out to try and put food out and check the mail. I dug at the first site, but could not find the bowl, so I put some food in an area I cleared. I was able to find the second one under the snow and put the rest of the food in there. I do hope they did indeed find adequate shelter.

Theresa and Tang are well and enjoyed having their dad home. We got what I guess you would call a "dry" powdery snow here too - about the same amount. It's difficult to navigate, but not as slippery I guess. I hope that holds true for tomorrow.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.