Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Caturday was OK today. I got my running done early - again just the essentials. Fell asleep watching something on History about angels and demons that gave me some weird dreams. My UE check came today in the mail and was more than I expected. So, if my calculations subtracting my 2 days of earnings that first week are correct, then the weekly total over all should be more than I thought too. Which is good. So, for now, I'm going to hope, pray, and cross my fingers and toes that I get the job - or another one just as good. Theresa and Tang are doing fne and staying by my side. I guess that's all I have for now. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. Thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious fur family are doing. I am SO O HAPPY that you received your UE check today and that it was MORE than what you expected. That is ALWAYS helpful. I am soo o very glad for you. And I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will hear something from Today's - - either that you got the job you interviewed for on Wednesday, or that you have more prospects on the way.

Today has been a decent one here, too, with my precious Noah. We have been watching movies on the TCM channel and will be switching to the Horse Racing channel to watch some show jumping events in a couple of hours. Noah really likes the show jumping programs, as do I.

I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful evening, my friend, and that each of you willl have a very pleasant day tomorrow. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm just taking it one day at a time. My arms are starting to feel better, which is good. But the meds do leave me a bit drowsy at times. Which is fine for napping in front of the TV. Theresa and Tang are doing well and staying by my side as much as they can.

I'm smiling at Noah being intent on the horse jumping. Both my fur kids are rapt at what's on the TV at times, it's almost like they are watching TV same as a human. One thing I'm not liking on TV right now is those best buy ads with the woman dissing Santa. Sad to see this is what our society is coming to. Bashing an ages old icon in favor of crass consumerism. Just another reason I'm content to be a "hermit" as much as life allows. Hoping you and Noah have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well today.

I'm so glad your arm is beginning to feel better. Sleep is nature's way of healing - - it relaxes the body and allows it to rest from the stresses - - as well as gives any meds a chance to do their work. I'm glad you're seeing improvement.

My Oslo also liked programs about birds. It was awesome watching him watch TV - - and on our walks - - he was always fascinated by birds. So, yes, our companions do have their entertainment preferences. So enjoy watching those favorite programs with your precious furkids.

It's Sunday evening and tomorrow is back to the pit for me. The good news is that I still have this evening with my precious Noah to enjoy before the sickening reality of tomorrow morning arrives.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Well, another weekend come and gone almost. Where does the time go? I'm glad you have the evening to enjoy your precious Noah. Too bad you have to go back into a pit tomorrow though. I'm still praying I get a job soon. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers, and hope it does some good soon. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad you, your precious Theresa and little Tang had a decent day yesterday, and I hope today is being kind to you and your precious furkids.

It's good to be home with my little Noah after a day in the pit. Getting home to him is the best time of day for me.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The good news is that I got a call this morning from Today's - I got the job, I start next Monday. Even so, it's going to be hard. But the papers I was given by the agency indicated OT, so maybe I'll be OK. Been a blah nothing day here other than that. Tang came to sleep on my chest on the sofa for a while, which was nice. Theresa sat on the arm of the sofa glaring at him. Each time I would stir, I figured he'd run off because that's what Theresa does. But no, he'd just hold on tighter like he was hugging me. Not much else to report. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Pats for Noah. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to say hello and to see how you and furbabies are doing. Sounds like they enjoy snuggling with daddy. They are gonna' miss you when you go back to work. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! on getting the job. I know it won't be easy starting a new job, especially with less pay....I hope your pain is better and maybe you can relax more now.

Tracy, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Give little Theresa and Tang a special pat for me.....Thinking of Angel Sir Tom too....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
leejaye
Dear Tracy, So great to hear that you got the job - I hope you can relax with the furkids this week and enjoy every minute with them, thinking of the three of you, Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, - - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO O O O HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I am so thrilled that you got the job. I know this has taken a huge concern off your mind. Now you can REALLY ENJOY being home with your furkids this week like a holiday - - knowing that you have a job to go to next Monday. WONDERFUL!!!

I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam, leejaye

Yes, it is a relief. But I'm still feelong blue for some reason. Yes, between getting the job, approved for UE, and the genrousity of folks here, I will have at least some money coming in for each week I've been off. So, with belt tightening I hopefully will be OK in the long run. But I'm still in a funk. I suppose it will pass. The kids are both doing OK. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers....TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. Tracy, you are still de-toxifying from the grueling experience and stress you were under with your previous employer, and particularly the supervisor. AND now you have the anxiety of a NEW JOB - - new supervisor - - and the unknown of how this is going to be for you and your fur family - - to deal with. This mixed with the meds you've been on for pain - - meds that have mood side-effects - - all have a part in how you're feeling. So, yeah, I would say being in a funk is just about right.

The GOOD NEWS is that this too will pass, and hopefully when it does you will find yourself in a MUCH BETTER place - -physically, emotionally, AND employment - wise.

Tuesday at the pit is done and I'm home with my precious Noah. I have had dental insurance for a couple of years now through AARP and the premiums are too expensive. So today I changed dental insurance providers for a much lower - -much much much much lower - - monthly premium. Every little bit helps. My next project after the first of the year is to change my health insurance policy to a lower premium as well. The plan I have now is a "grandfathered" plan and the monthly premium is higher than what I want to pay out. All this is part of my plan to trim expenses to enable me to eventually quit the pit this coming year if I'm unable to find alternative employment.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and hope that little Tang's ear is continuing to do okay. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yesh, I guess I have had a lot to deal with over the last few weeks. I'm glad you were able to get insurance that better meets your needs and expences. Speaking of which I called my insurance I have through the agency to determine my status. Not a moment too soon it turns out. Via payroll deductions I was only paid up through the 10th. So, I had to shell out 3 weeks of premiums in order to prevent a lapse to my first expected check on the 30th. The good news is that it was the lower price of the deductions rather than market value.

The pain is to the point where I have not taken any meds all day, so that is good. I finally got out to the bank to deposit my UE check. At some point this week, I need to journey all the way to the other side of town to collect my personal items from the last job at the agency office. To add to the stress, the first week is 9-4 for training (less than 40 hours) and on the second day there will be a test that I MUST get 85% or greater to keep the job. According to the papers I was given there will be some OT, but it's on Saturday or Sunday (sigh) But we do what have to do to get by. Wish me luck on the test, I'll need it.

I got some good cuddle time with both the kids today. Theresa was curled up on the couch and I didn't have the heart to move her. So, I grabbed a pillow from the bedroom and the blanket from the couch and bagged out in the recliner. For the first part of the afternoon, Tang curled up on the pillow by my head. Then when he jumped over to his favorite chair, Theresa came to lay on my lap.

Thank you again for your kind words of suppoert and assistance. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a blessing logging in to say hello to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and to get caught up on your news.

So glad you were able to get your insurance premiums up to date. That must have been somewhat of a shock to have to pay 3 weeks of premiums, but it sounds like it worked out okay for you. So glad you were able to get to the bank to deposit your UE check, too. That is always helpful. I hope your travels back to the pit to collect your personal items will be okay.

I hope all goes well for you on Monday - - training day - - and that you will do very well on your test next Tuesday. Just take your time with the answers - - it will be okay.

It's Wednesday, - - just two more days in this week to get through. This time next week you will be saying "I've made it through three days at work". I know weekend OT is a bummer. I've had to do that, too, in my younger years with former employers. It's an adjustment to a different schedule for sure, and I know you will make the transition okay.

Sounds like you and your precious furkids enjoyed good quality time yesterday, and hope the same is true today. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow will be a good one. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank moon_beam

Actually it's the agency office I have to go to for my stuff. I probably should have gone today since it's supposed to rain tonight and partly into Friday. Oh well, I'll do it Friday. Not feeling very well, so keeping it short. Theresa and Tang are fine and hoping you and Noah are the same. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. It is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today. Could it be that the change in weather is aggravating the muscle / bone discomfort? I know when there is unpleasant weather coming before it arrives - - me bones are weather forecasters. I hope the meds you have are helping you.

I hope your travels tomorrow to pick up your personal effects from your previous employer goes okay. It's good that you don't have to go back to the pit to pick up your things.

By the way, about your test this coming Tuesday - - is there any material you might be able to study ahead of time that would give you a positive edge for the test? I was just wondering. I know you will do just fine.

Just one more day to get through this week, and then I will be home with my little Noah for another weekend. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a peaceful day, and that each and all of you will have a very pleasant and blissful evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It was not the usual pain, it was more some nausea but it passed. Probably too much time cooped up in my apartment. No there is nothing I can study, the test will be over what's covered the first day, so I will just have to take good notes. Hopefully it won't be too hard. I'm ready to get back to work anyway. The time off has been nice, but it's starting to depress me. The kittles have been great and I guess they will miss me, but it will be good to get out and function again. Tang is currently being a drama king about his latest cleaning, and Theresa finally got her spot on the couch; guess she will be happy to get that back durring the day. Thank you for checking on me. Pats for Noah. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm hoping you are feeling better today. Nausea is another symptom of extreme stress, and as your body "de-toxifies" from the rigors of your previous employment you may feel your body releasing the stress through various physical symptoms.

I hope you were able to go get your personal belongings today as you had planned to do, and that your travels were not too inhibited by the weather in your area. I'm sure your precious Theresa would rather have her daddy home than sole possession of the sofa. Well, actually - - she would probably prefer BOTH!!!

It's Friday, the weekend is upon us. I am so excited for you with your new job to go to on Monday. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very pleasant evening, and a wonderful weekend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Yes, I did go to get my stuff today. I intended to get up bright and early, but just could not pull it together. I finally ended up leaving here about 12:20 and did not get back home until almost 5 hours later. This was the walking, waiting on both buses, the travek time and the extra hour I had to wait at the mall (across the street for the agency where I get the first bus home) There was a lot more stuff than I imagined. I'd only brough one of my cloth shopping bags, so I weeded out the stuff I wanted (Tom's picture being #1 priority) and dumped the rest. Most of the dumped being the stuff with LG&E logos - I don't need any grim reminders. As it was, the bag was pretty heavy. But, I am home with the kittles who are doing well, and tomorrow is Caturday. I'm still feeling the nasea off and on, but hope it passes as my schedule gets back toi normal. As always thanks for stopping by. Pats to Noah. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Good Caturday greetings to you, Tracy, and to your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. It is always a blessing to log in to get caught up on your news.

I'm so sorry the trek yesterday to get your belongings from your previous employer turned out to be a major event. The good news is that you will not have to go back there again, and that you have your beloved Sir Thomas' picture back with you where he belongs. I can so very much relate to your discarding the company items - - I also do not collect company "gifts".

I hope you will continue to feel better, my friend. Stress - - and especially ongoing accumulated stress - - takes it toll both physically and emotionally. The only way your body has of dealing with it is through physical release in whatever way it can. I am so hoping and praying that this new job will be a POSITIVE experience for you, my friend - - which will help ease the stress and the effects of stress from your previous employer.

Hpoe today is a good one for you and your precious fur tribe, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Got a late start of my errands today - but am finally done. Theresa and Tang are relaxing as I will soon be. Tang has taken a liking to the recliner over his other favorite chair. Maybe he just wants to sit in the "dad" chair wink.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a blessing logging in to share your, your precious Theresa's and little Tang's news. Noah and I send you and your precious fur family our Sunday greetings. I'm glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday, and hope your laundry time this morning was uneventful.

Well, my friend, tomorrow is a BIG DAY for you - - a new job. What a wonderful Christmas gift. I am so happy and excited for you. I know today is a very special day for you and your precious furkids as you prepare them for a new routine. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will enjoy this day and evening.

Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to say hello and to see how things are going. I've been busy getting ready for Christmas. We don't do a lot, but it's still a lot of work for me.....I am so happy about your job. I do hope and pray everything turns out well for you this week.

I hope little Theresa and Tang are doing well. Blackie still comes around especially for breakfast. I warm his can of food on the furnace vent before serving. We also made him a nice bed outside with rugs. He has gained weight since we first saw him.

Tracy, again "good luck" with everything this week and I will be thinking of you and saying prayers......Give the furbabies a special pat for me. I'm always thinking of Angel Sir Tom too. This is our first Christmas without Angel Mickey and it's so sad......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

Today has not been too bad. The laundry was a tad problematic as 5 of the 6 dryers had clothes in them upon entering of which 1 was still going. I hope this does not become a trend. I took the clothes out of the coldest dryer when it came time and that person came in for it and another load, another came along for 2 more leaving 1 still there after I was done. Hard to believe that many people doing laundry just prior to 4:00 AM, but oh well.

I just got a call from the vet about Theresa due for check up and shots. The regular doctor is out until after the the new year, so they pushed it back some. The good news is when I asked about the monster that contributed to Tom's death, I was assured he is no longer with the company. It's good to know that butcher won't be killing any more fur kids; assuming some other vet clinic/office didn't hire him. I hope not.

Tomorrow I get to ease back into working with a week's training from 9-4 - Then I guess I'll find out what hours I will be working for the 3 month stretch. Wish me luck in the test and the chances of it turning into something more permanant. I just filed my next UE w/o a hitch and will hopefully get that check in a few days. I'll file one more partial after that since I won't be working full time the first week, and probably have 26th off for Christmas. I appreciate all the kind words and thoughts. Here is to hoping we all have a joyful and prosperous holiday season. TTFN

TTT

PS: LoveMyMickey - Glad to hear Blackie seems to be doing well. I'm praying he learns to trust you emough one day to let you take him in.
Tom's Dad
First day on the job not too bad. The test won't be until Wednesday and so far we've been told what to highlight in the hand outs (including the answers) for what's going to be on it. A practice quiz will be tomorrow for prep. Since it won't be 40 hours for the next few weeks due to the holiday observances, I may still qualify for a little UE, I'll just file and see. A perk is whether we drive or not, we get 15.00/week for parking, and that more than covers my monthly bus pass smile.gif Some of the managers in the call center came down toward the end of the day and one of them recognized me. She was the HR person that set up my interview at Sykes (Apple, the PT job I had before LGE through Today's) She came over to talk to me and was very pleasant and said we'd talk more Friday when we get our seat assignments. I hope this is a good omen. Plus I only need to take the one #18 bus to get there and home instead of the 2 and risk missing the hook up.

The kids were glad to see me at an earlier hour than was usual before and will still continue to be I hope when I start my 8:45-5:15 shift next week. All things considered, it was a pretty good day. I'm hoping the positive trend continues. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I am SO THRILLED that your first day went so well. Sounds like the HR / instructors are doing everything they can to help you and the other new employees pass the test on Wednesday. Sounds like your travels to and from this job will be easier as well. I, too, am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this job is a blessing for you - - which you so very much deserve, my friend.

Glad to know your precious Theresa will have a compassionate vet perform her check up. I know how upset you have been with the treatment your beloved Sir Thomas received - - and I know first hand how upsetting this from an experience I had with my furkids which led to my changing my veterinary practitioners. I will look forward to knowing how your precious little girl does with her checkup. It's best to wait until after the first of the year at this point in time - -these next two weeks are going to be so hectic and you and your precious furkids need time to get settled into a new routine.

Tracy, I am so o happy for your good news as to how today went for you, and I look forward to sharing your news as to how things continue to go for you this week and every day in this new job. I thank you for the blessing of your cherished friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope you and your precious fur family have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam!

It seems like it will be a much less stressful environment, and closer to where my experience lies. Plus, it does not hurt that one of the managers is the one who hired me at Sykes. Yes, I think it's best I wait until after the holidays to get Theresa checked out with all the hectic times ahead, and Theresa is my "rock" in terms of overall health. Even if Dr. Mills does not return by that time, I'll know the 'moster' won't be touching her.

I'm freeling much better now that the toxicity (the pit) has been removed from my life. I'll be getting more sleep with the travel being simpler too. It's nice to actually half way look forward to each new day smile.gif I'll keep you posted on our progress. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how things are going for you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I am so o oo happy for you that you are already feeling more positive with your new job. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the test tomorrow will be a breeze for you so that you will not have any additional hurdles to jump.

Not much new going on here. Noah is doing very well, and for this I very grateful. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad to hear you and your precious Noah are doing well smile.gif Today we had a practice quiz of about 20 odd questions and I missed 2 (well part of 2) We covered more material and on the last hour broke into 3 teams of 3 and did a review as a game. Of 40 possible points (this was right off the test tomorrow) our team and another got all 40 and the other 39. So, I'd say we all effectively "passed" I hope it's that easy tomorrow! Some manger/executive type has been auditing the class. He's been very nice to me and today asked me some questions about my background in banking/payment processing. Hope that's a good sign.

I do hope you own days in your own "pit" are not too terrible. I still think it's deplorable the way you describe the way they treat you sad.gif I told Theresa and Tang (who are doing fine, by the way) not to get too used to these days of the extra time, as next week I'll be gone even longer. Monday is observed as the holiday (as is 01/02 I'm guessing) No pay for those days (Today's only does that for LGE and what gyp I worked so hard to get that) But it will be nice to be off. Perhaps I can get some supplemental UE for that; we'll see.

Thanks for checking on us. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it is always a blessing logging in to share your, your precious Theresa's and little Tang's news. I am so o o happy that things are going smoothly for you in your new job. I am very eagerly waiting to share with you how you did on your test today.

It truly does sound promising that a manger/executive type has asked you about your background in banking/payment processing. I hope it is a positive indication for permanent employment for you. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers every day that this job will be a positive experience for you.

So glad to know that your precious furkids are doing well. Yes, I know about the non-paid holidays -- been there done that. Where I work now the company policy is for employees to use the time in the paid time off benefits rather than GIVING us the paid time off. We will not have Monday off unless one is among the "privileged" to have it as approved leave - - which of course I am not among the privileged. When the opportunity arises - - in whatever form or fashion that presents itself - - I will be SO GLAD to no longer be employed there.

I hope today is being kind to you, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I got 98.3% on the test. I'm a little mad at myself for not getting 100% as it was verbatum the exact same "test" used in the game yesterday. But I over thought the matching section and got 2 of them reveresed. But it's well above the 85% needed to move on. Today we started in the computer classroom next door to get the feel of the system along with some work sheets to practice navigating the system. So, just 2 more days to go before the holiday weekend.

That stinks that they make you use your personal/vacation time to get paid for holidays. Even more that they are not observing the 26th and the 2nd as just about everybody else is. I'd certainly use personal time for those days if I had it. Was a time about 10 years ago the agencies offered just about everything regular employers did, if somewhat scaled back. Sign of the times (sigh) I'm sure you WILL be glad when you no longer have to go there.

Both Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door today. Sometimes I get paranoid about that because it usually means somebody has been here. They are supposed to notify us when they enter, but I'm sure they don't always.

I'm hoping this finds you and your precious Noah doing well. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in with you before I shut down this techno wizard for the evening. CONGRATULATIONS on passing the test. Hey - - 98.3% is WONDERFUL SCORE!!! I'm so thrilled for your news. I know you and your precious furkids are celebrating this wonderful achievement tonight.

I hope you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow in your new job will be another one of positive achievement. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I guess it's a decent score. I'm just so stressed with being a top performer in hopes this will become permanant. But perhaps that is also over thinking the situation. Maybe I should just let God, Time, or Fate (as they used to word it on Quantum Leap. not that I'd ever compare myself to Dr. Becket) run its course - Sad thing is, after I did my calculaions, I have determined that for a 40 hour week taking out for taxes and health insurance my weekly take home is almost exatctly the same as my UE! So, the only logical reason for me to continue this job is a teeny tiny hope it turns permanant.

I just want enough security to take care of my babies - and me if there is enough left over in that exact order. Is that so much to ask?
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to say hello and to congratulate you on your test score. Like moon-beam said, that is a wonderful score! Sounds like everyting is going well for you so far. My cousin always tells me to "put it in God's Hands" when we've done all we can. Sounds like you will be on a tighter budget, but I am sure you can do it. Of course it's not too much to ask, to have enough security to take care of your babies and yourself. You have to take care of you so you can take care of them.

Tracy, my friend, please remember you and your precious furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers. Try to relax and enjoy the holidays with little Theresa and Tang. I wish for you many Blessings now and in the New Year.......Hugs..

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to give you, your precious Theresa and little Tang good evening greetings from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well.

Just want to ditto LoveMyMickey's response: "Of course it's not too much to ask, to have enough security to take care of your babies and yourself. You have to take care of you so you can take care of them." I do understand your concern for your financial "health". The good news is that you are no longer being subjected to the toxic environment of your precious employer. This job is a new beginning for you, and while it may not be ideal salary-wise at the moment, it sounds from what you have shared with us so far that there is potential for better things ahead for you. So, try to hang in here, my friend, and try to just to take things one day at a time.

I hope your day was a good one at work, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you Love my Mickey and moon_beam

One day at a time for sure. Otherwise I'm just going to to unduly stress myself out. Not good for me or the kids. That one manager (the one that hired me at Sykes) said we'd talk more tomorrow the other day after she recognized me in class. Maybe if I keep my eyes and ears open I can get a sense of what my future there may be. Today was OK. We did more on the computer and listened to some real calls from a couple years ago. I do know one thing for sure. From what I heard on the calls, I can definately sound more professional than these folks. Now, I just have to get comfortable with navigating the system and finding the info I need on the calls. Next week we will be partnered with returnees (people that worked last season or more) listening to their calls before it gets busy in January after MLK day. I did find out there are no headsets. I've never seen that before in a CALL center (sigh) Boy my neck is going to hurt.

BUT, the important thing is I'm home with the kittles and it's just one more day to a 3 day weekend. I'm grateful for having a job at all and for the kind and compassionate support I get on here. And for Thersa and Tang, of course. Thank you again - Peace.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I know you are looking forward to getting home with your precious furkids, as I know your precious furkids are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Sounds like you're getting good insight into the job, and continue to hope and pray that this is just the beginning of many good things happening for you with this employer. I hope any discussions you had with managers today will give you more confidence about the possibilty for more permanent-type employment.

It is Friday evening, and I'm very happy to be home with my little Noah. Tomorrow afternoon I will be spending some time with my brother and his family who live 45 minutes from me, so I might not be able to log in tomorrow evening when I get home. Just wanted you to know this just in case.

I hope today has been a good day for you and your fur family. I thank you for the blessing of your cherished friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Well, today was OK. The manager to whom I refered was not the one who called me for the interview at Sykes as I'd thought. She was over all the trainers. She clarified that when she brought us up to the 6th floor to show us all where we will be sitting. We took some tests online before getting to fo home for the 3 day weekend. One was the government compliance training that all the tax perepapers are required to pass with at least 70%, the other the "official" test over the course material. I scored 100% on both!

I am home now with my babies, and that is good. I'll do my usual errands tomorrow (Caturday) even though it's Christmas Eve. My cabbie friend has stated he will get me. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and wish you a most joyous holiday season smile.gif

TTFN
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I thought I would check in real quick to see how your day went. "CONGRATULATIONS!" 100% on your tests, you did good, well, better than good!
I hope things continue to get better for you and your furbabies.......Also an early "Happy Caturday" to you, little Theresa, and Tang. I hope your weekend goes well......I'll be busy tomorrow making a big pot of chili for our 2 guests on Christmas Day. I bought pies already made, getting lazy in my old age.

Tracy, enjoy your weekend with your furbabies and remember you all are always in my thoughts and prayers....."MERRY CHRISTMAS"!

I'm always thinking of our Angels Sir Tom and Sweet Mickey.....

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

It's cold here but sunny. I got all my last minute running done and am free until Tuesday when I go back to work. The babies are well and happy. I hope you and yours have a happy holiday season. Pat for Blackie, and I too am thinking of our angels....

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say "hello" to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. It is always a blessing to get caught up on your news.

Adding my CONGRATULATIONS to LoveMyMickey's on your test scores. I know this made you feel good, and gave you another milestone to celebrate with your furkids when you got home yesterday evening. I'm continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this will be the beginning of something good for you with this employer on a more long-term basis.

So glad you were able to get your errands completed and are now home with your precious furkids for the rest of the holiday weekend. It was a good visit with my brother and his family, but I am ever so glad to be back home now with my precious Noah.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and a very pleasant Christmas Day. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your preciousThersa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your family and that you are home with your Noah.

I was actually kind of surprised about the score on the compliance training, the trainer seemed impressed. Another good thing that happend was when the previously mentioned manager came to give us some updates/information. She and the trainer were discussing when we need permission to transfer a call and the trainer siad she got her info from the "did you know" section of the internal web site. While they were talking I looked it up myself and confirmed what the trainer was saying. She said she was impressed I knew where to find that. I too am hoping for good things there.

It is Christmas Eve even though is does not "feel" like it. But that's par for the course for me more often than not (sigh) Right now I'm baking Christmas cookies that were on sale at Kroger for .99 for 2 dozen (bought 2 packs) I copped out on the holiday meal meat and stopped for chicken from Indi's last night (paid cash to avoid problems again) and picked up some sides at Kroger today, plus treats for the kittles. Not exactly a Norman Rockwell holiday in my house, but it could be much worse. Plus I have my loving fur kids. Happy Holidays!

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Christmas Day greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this day.

I, too, am very "untraditional" in my "celebrations" as well. Today I will probably finish off the home made vegetable soup that I made last week with some turkey lunch meat thrown in served with some chips on the side. For me at my age the more simple the better. Noah will have his special turkey selection canned food for dinner today which will be a joy to watch because he really gets his face into his bowl and then there is always the spit and polish clean up. He is soo o precious.

I hope you and your precious fur family enjoy your feasts. I am so very happy that this job is going well for you so far, and that there is reason to hope for even better opportunities as time goes on. May this coming New Year truly be one filled with many good things for you and your precious fur tribe.

I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Today was nothing special, just another Sunday. The only difference was (as I figured) I got the laundry room literally to myself; not even loads left in the dryers. But also it was strangely quiet in the parking lot. Not the usual up all night malcontent partiers. It's nice to know that even they knock off for Christmas. This time of year, more and more, holds less and less meaning for me. I'm not sure when it started to happen. Perhaps the fact I spend it complately alone more often than not contributes to it. This is the first year I can recall that I neither sent nor received a single thing. Not even a gaudy trinket from a job. And I think I'm bothered most by the fact that it does not bother me.

Theresa and Tang are well, and it's nice to know I can take it easy tomorrow before jumping into the fray. They showed us all where we will be sitting. My cube has a ratrher nice picture window view of the downtown skyline. I'm sorry you have to go back to your pit tomorrow sad.gif I hope you and Noah are doing well today though. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Monday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I hope you and your precious furkids have had a very enjoyable bonus day together.

I know what you mean about the holidays not having the "meaning" with them as they once had in previous years. I think there is what I call a "tiredness" that overwhelms the spirit during the holidays - - at least for me. The holidays come at the end of the year when people are struggling to deal with a lot of things that have happened the rest of the year, and perhaps quite close to the holidays, and are expected to be "cheerful" and "merry" when they're feeling quite the opposite. So, please know there isn't anything "wrong" with you, Tracy. Your heart is where it belongs, my friend, with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Survived the day in the pit today, one day down three to go. I have Friday off this week.

I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope your day tomorrow will be a good one in your new job. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you made it through another day and are home to your precious Noah - surely the best part of the day. I know a lot of people get the holiday blues. I look at all the sadness and grief right here on LS, and feel like I really have no right to feel down or depressed, but I still do. Like I really have nothing of consequence to show for the time I have spent here on earth. And that I will leave nothing of consequence behind when I finally depart. That being said, Theresa and Tang need and depend on me, and to that end I must get up and work everyday that I can.

I hope the rest of your week in the pit is not too bad. Peace and TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I hope you and furbabies had a peaceful weekend. I know a lot of people are depressed during the holidays. We missed our little Mickey sooooo much. I had to really fight back the tears and think of the good times with him.

Tracy, I hope your new job goes well and will be permanent. Sounds like you will have a nice cube with that window. I still say prayers for you that everything will be good for you and furbabies in the New Year. You deserve it.

Oh yeah, I managed to give Blackie that pat for you. While he was rubbing against my leg, I patted his back. He looked up at me, realizing what I did and he moved away. He is getting friendlier.

Blessings to you my friend...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

All I can do is take it one day at a time as you and moon_beam have said. So, through the uncertainty, daily aches and pains, etc, I will try to soldier on. I'm happy to hear about Blackie. Just keep trying to be his friend, and I have a feeling he will come around soon smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang good evening greetings from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. This is another big milestone day for you - - your first day in the trenches. I hope it is has been a good day for you, my friend. I look forward to knowing how it went for you.

Soon your precious Theresa and little Tang will be hearing the familiar sound of their daddy's footsteps in the hallway and the turn of the key in the lock and - - the eager greeting - - DADDY'S HOME!!!

I hope you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. I thank you, Tracy, for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Today was about as "advertised" slow. Total of 7 calls all day (about 1 an hour) I did the math of call volume peak based on how many agents we are supposed to have at that time and it still only works out to about 30-40 calls a day or 1 about every 10-15 minutes. NOTHING like the chaos of LG&E. But then Republic Bank knows about staffing to call volume ratio it would seem. So, I'm taking it one day at a time. Trying to do a good job and keeping the hope of something permanant in the back burner of my mind.

I didn't have any greeters tonight, but I guess it's going to take some time for them to figure out when I truly late. Both are fine, and Tang did his usual "uh oh, you're gonna clean my ear" stance. But he's quick to forgive after, which is nice. Not much else to report. Hope this finds you and Noah well. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.