Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your day off today came just in time from your hectic day yesterday. Hope today has been a good day for you and your precious furkids - - most of it enjoying each other's company.

Quiet day here doing a load of laundry. Noah got basement bathroom privileges back today so that he can get back on his bathroom window perch and look at the world from a new dimension. He was getting quite upset yesterday that he still was not allowed in the bathroom. His emotional well-being is as vitally important as his physical health. He is strong enough now that he can comfortably jump up onto the commode and then the short leap onto his window perch. The gates are still in place at the bottom of the basement steps - - perhaps for another week yet. But he seems contented for now.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Today was indeed a welcome day off after yesterday blink.gif Until the downstairs neighbors starting blasting it. The manager got kind of snippy with me about it. It must be nice to not work and live as well or better than I do. As much as I love animals, I wish they'd get that Pomeranian of theirs under control - bark, bark, bark all the time. Other than that, it was pretty peaceful. But back to it tomorrow (sigh)

I'm so glad that Noah continues to improve and that he's allowed some additional roaming room. That is SO important to cats. And I know what you mean by their emotional well being. I worry about that myself when I'm gone so long on Saturdays and the once a month Thursdays. Thank you so much for stopping by and keeping me updated, and your support and friendship. Have a great evening you and Noah - TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. In just a little while you will be heading home to your precious furkids - - the best part of the day.

So sorry that your neighbors are so inconsiderate of you and the other residents. Moving is not always an option, but I hope your neighbors are somehow inspired to find alternative lodging.

The snowblower is not yet ready for pick up so I did not have to make a trip into Rocky Mount today to pick it up. Instead I washed the comforter that I took off my bed last week and updated the security programs on my desk top computer with Noah keeping me faithful company. The lunch dishes are washed, and soon I will need to make a trek to the mailbox to check on what has been delivered since Tuesday's collection.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Given that my neighbors don't seem to work and therefore probably have their rent subsidized by some government program, I doubt they'd move any time soon. My manager would just blame me for the lost income anyway (sigh)

Snow blower? I should hope it's a bit early to be thinking about that, but at least you didn't have to make an extra trip today. Sunny here and 60. I'm glad to hear Noah is coming along nicely and that you and your faithful companion can spend quality time together. Sometimes I think a kiss and/or a nuzzle from Theresa and Tang is all I need some days. Getting ready to head home to them now. I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know what you mean when you share with us: "Sometimes I think a kiss and/or a nuzzle from Theresa and Tang is all I need some days." There is nothing so sweet as a kiss and / or nuzzle from our precious companions to make everything in our world seem right -- even when it's not.

I also understand your concerns about your precious Theresa's and little Tang's emotional well-being with your long commute hours and monthly meeting over-time. Probably by now they have adjusted to your newest routine - - but I do so understand how more difficult it is for you as their loving Forever Dad, particularly now that the daylight hours are getting shorter with less sun time in the apartment. I know how relieved and elated you are to walk through the door to see your precious companions waiting for you.

Still have the lunch dishes to do so I better get with the program here. Although you still have awhile before you begin your travels home, I hope the next 90 minutes or so will go by quickly for you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, the kisses/nuzzles are nice. It's amazing how much we miss it when one of our companions joins the angels sad.gif The other night I was petting/playing with Tang on the bed getting ready to settle in for the evening and forgot he does not like his tummy rubbed the way Tom did. Still have the scratches for it; my own fault. But I sure do miss having a kitty that likes that. Theresa does not dislike it so much as she likes to play "rough" -

On my way to head home to them now. Trying not to think about my long Caturday tomorrow blink.gif

I hope you and Noah have a lovely evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Perhaps in time as your little Tang gets older he will enjoy tummy rubs. The good news is that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang enjoy other ways of sharing affection with each other.

Got caught up on financials today ready to balance the checkbook. Noah kept me company during the process. He has had his lunch and is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion. Still need to do the lunch dishes.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I don't know that Tang, or Theresa will ever like tummy rubs. They both have trust issues, and with darn good reason. They both were abandoned by callous so called human beings. I have done my best to earn that trust, but I'm not sure that I ever will, But, it's OK. I love them both just the same.

I got a mailer from Banfield about Theresa having tooth and gum isues. But Dr. Harris never said a word about that. I think Banfield corporate takes the reports and looks for things that they can use to "up sell" us on the plans. It's a disgusting practice if you ask me. Treating our animal comanions as "merchandise" and us, their parents as mindless consumers. I will call and ask Dr. Harris about it, but will be cautious in her response as I'm sure these vets feel "obligated" to tow the company line.

Doing Laundry now in the wee small hours as my downstairs neighbors make loud drunken/stoned fools of themselves. But, management loves them and all the government subsidised money they bring in. I'll say it again. It must be nice to not work, and live better than I do. Anyway, that's all for now. I hope you and Noah have a great day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this Sunday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now your laundry is done and you and your precious furkids are enjoying a lazy, leisurely Sunday together.

It is a quiet Sunday here for my precious Noah and me. It is so nice having his precious sweet physical presence with me. Will be getting caught up on some e-mails - - quiet time activity.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad! Sorry I haven't posted in your thread in a while, but I've been reading it. Just had a lot going on. I'm sorry to hear your neighbors are so loud and rude. I've had to deal with people like that and have also experienced that my complaints to management fell on deaf ears. So, I sympathize with your situation. I know how frustrating it is when management allows people like that to continue with their behavior.

I can understand how Tang and Teresa are skittish about having their tummies rubbed due to mistreatment they've experienced from other people before they came into your life. When a cat shows its tummy it's a sign of complete trust. I would let you borrow Mindy and Shelley for a tummy rub, but they don't travel so well! Mindy especially likes tummy rubs, and Shelley has come to like them as well.

Both of them freaked out today and ran off when I turned on the coffee mill. I wasn't paying attention when I ordered my last batch of coffee and so they sent me beans which I had to grind today. Shelley was especially scared, but Mindy sat and watched after the second time and after I told her she need not fear this loud "beast".

I hope you have a pleasant and hopefully quiet Sunday evening with your fur kids. smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Glad to hear Noah is doing better and that you have had quality time with him today.

Thank you DannysMom. It's OK you have not posted in a while. I read many threads but don't always post. Thanks for the sympathy on the lousy neighbors. I'm pretty sure they (or other neighbors) are the ones that keep throwing away the plastic dishes I put the food in I set out for the strays. I have even tried going out the back way and behind another dumpster out of sight from them; but the dishes still end up in the dumpster. So, much as I hate it, I just put it in a pile like bird seed on the ground. It seems to get eaten. I like to think they know, Because each time I encounter a stray in my parking areas they don't run away. Oh, they keep their distance, but we make eye contact. Almost as if they are saying "Hey, thanks"

Today it's been lazy and full of naps as per a usual Sunday. With my schedule/commute it's the only time I can catch up on so much missed rest and sleep. Theresa has taken to laying on my black back pack which attracts her white fur. But I don't mind, as long as it makes her happy. Tang and I spent some quality nap time in the bed. At one point I had a pillow on my chest on which he laid down and started doing that Tribble purr of his; so sweet. I'm not sure he will ever like belly rubs, but that's OK. He's still quite affectionate giving me kisses. I'm starting to think that's just a boy cat thing. Theresa does not dislike belly rubs, she just plays too rough for me to try. Not much else going on here. I hope you both have a great evening, as well as Noah, Mindy, and Shelley. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, dreary, sometimes sunny, Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your companions doing well and in good spirits. I know you still have quite awhile to go at work yet, and I hope today is going well for you.

Sounds like you and your precious furkids had a wonderful day yesterday getting caught up on your quality time together. I am so sorry your evenings are so short with one another because of your long commute and chores that must be done when you get home. I am still hoping that you will either be able to get your schedule changed to more normal hours, or that you will be able to find a job that offers you better hours as well as job and financial stability.

Got the checkbook balancing act done this morning. Thank goodness it did not take long - - everything in the checkbook was in order with the bank statement. That's always nice. In a few days the November "bill-a-thon" will begin. Amazing -- November beckoning. Soon it will be time to pay taxes - - am still waiting to receive my tax bills for the house and car. Can't imagine why I'm still paying taxes on my car in a State that was supposed to have voted out the car tax several years ago. Amazing what our elected officials can achieve - - right? Noah is keeping busy playing with his toys. It is such a joy to see him feeling so good.

It will soon be time to start fixing lunch, so I will get this posted to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, it's stressfull for me and the kittles with fewer day light hours to spend together. I figured it out; with 168 hours in the week, I spend 68 of them working/commuting. Not including the monthly meetings. Then when I get home, I'm so focused on getting settled in so I can spend time with them. By that time we are all pretty tired. But, God love 'em, the are persistent in trying to get my attention. Thank goodness for the laser toy wink.gif

I'm glad you and Noah are doing well, and that you have quality time to spend together. I'm on my way out of here to do the same with Theresa and Tang. It wasn't too busy today for a Monday, and the weather is nice. Dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home (sigh) I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, chilly, breezy, sunny Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend. I know you are happier working instead of twiddling your thumbs wondering when / if you will get a call for a job.

Not much going on here today - - getting caught up on some e-mails mostly. Have the lunch dishes to wash and eventually a trek out to the mailbox to see what has been delivered since yesterday. Noah is giving himself a spruce up at the moment. His tummy fur has now grown back in enough to begin covering his incision.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

You are correct in that it's better to have a job even with an awful commute than the alternative. I just wish I had more time to spend with them. Today was busier then yesterday, but I managed to get through it. Off tomorrow, and on my way out of here to get home to Theresa and Tang.

I'm glad to hear that Noah's tummy fur has grown back and he continues to do well. I hope you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, pleasant Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you and your precious furkids are enjoying this beautiful autumn day - - providing of course that the weather is as pleasant in your area as it is here in south central Virginia today. This morning I put on my autumn yard work clothes and emptied most of the bags of leaves that I raked 2 years ago. I couldn't get to one set of bags because they are buried under the remains of the tree that was hit by lightning during a thunderstorm we had in the summer. Under one set of bags that I had placed next to one of the beautiful old Maple trees I discovered an entrance to an underground den - - don't know if it belongs to rabbits or the fox - - but it is definitely a den entrance. I emptied the bag and raked the mulched leaves around the entrance. I really enjoyed working outside for a bit this morning. And I discovered why the deer were not coming into the yard much - - someone took it upon themselves to close the back gate. So I carefully made my way down to the gate and opened it as wide as I could so that the deer will have access to the yard once again through the back woods.

Noah is doing well. He kept me company as I took my shower when I got back inside. Lunch is on the stove warming and he knows that when the timer goes off he, too, will get some crunchies in his bowl.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

How interesting in finding that den, perhaps you may find out who it belongs to. Sorry to hear someone cut the deer off from your view. Whether it's that, or people throwing away the plastic food dishes I put out, some folks just like to mess up our communion with the animals.

It was a falirly nice day weather wise here. I had no rain to deal with in my brief jaunt to get groceries. I even managed to get a bus part way home. The laser toy stopped working last night. When I opened up the battery compartment, it had gotten wet in there blink.gif I have no idea how that could have happened. I let it air out all day and tried new batteries; seems to work now. Still, a mystery. Otherwise a lazy and all too short day off. Back to it tomorrow. I hope it's is not as busy as it has been.

After emptying the dish washer and taking care of Tang's ear and giving him and Theresa can food, going to take a shower and settle in for the night. I'm glad Noah continues to do well and hope you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Stopping by to say hello and to let you know I haven't forgotten about you, little Theresa, and Tang. I hope your day was good. Beautiful weather here with the neighbor's beautiful maple tree leaves falling in our back yard. They sure are colorful this fall.

Blackie never did come back, but we have had an assortment of cats and racoons. A dark gray Bobtail cat shows up sometimes and he is a bully. I heard screams one night and he had a cat cornered on the carport. Then evening before last I heard a scream out front. He had the little orange Tabby cornered up against the house. I opened the door so Tabby had a chance to get away. Later I saw Bobtail patrollng the carport, walking back and forth looking toward the road and yards. He doesn't eat much, but it looks like he is guarding the food.

That's nice of you to feed the strays there even without the dishes. I'm glad your laser toy is working again, good entertainment for the furbabies......I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cozy evening, also hope your work days and travels treat you well......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I'm still so sad to hear Blackie never returned. He seemed like such a good and kind soul. I'm sorry to hear the other cats are being bullied by Bobtail. Perhaps he needs a more direct confrontation of the human kind. He probably acts out based on how he was treated. The streets can be a mean place. Almost as mean as the jerks who put them there. Tom was a bit of a bully too, but with love and understanding, he came around. I hope the other cats can feel safe to return for the food and shelter you so kindly provide.

I'm glad the laser toy is working again too ( who knows for how long) But, they almost seem to be getting bored with it. Perhaps they have seen through my thinly veiled plot to distract them while I get my tasks done wink.gif

I keep putting food put behind the farther away dumpster. It seems to be getting eaten. I just hope it's by the cats and not the birds and squirels. Well, a new work day beckons (sigh) Hope you have a great day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, damp, sometimes sunny Thursday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you and your precious furkids had a good day yesterday, although I can so understand how you feel that it goes by much too quickly. Like LoveMyMickey I, too, am glad you were able to get the laser toy working again. I'm sure your precious Theresa and little Tang will still enjoy playing with it.

Updated the security programs on the desk top today, and called the county treasurer's office to find out why I haven't received my tax notice yet which is due by December 5 - - they are usually mailed out 60 days before they're due. Seems the county has invested in a new computer system which isn't working properly yet, so there is no date yet when the notices will be mailed. At least I know that my notice is not floating around in the postal system somewhere. Have the lunch dishes to clean up, and after awhile I will need to make a trek to the mailbox.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I too hope the laser toy continues to function. They do enjoy it a lot. I know all too well about county government and new computer/network systems, for that is what the company I worked for did. The one that was my "best paying job ever" that I lost and started this down turn. Hopefully you will be be able to get it squared away.

Good news on the work front. Just got an email that the after hours meeting was moved from the last Thursday of the month to the following Tuesday (as in I'm off the next day) YAY! I'll take any good news I can get these days.

Well, getting ready to head on home to my precious Theresa and Tang. I hope you and Noah have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
xxForeverxx
Hi Tom's Dad

Sorry I do not always get time to reply although I am always reading your posts. I am glad you managed to get a job. That laser toy sounds fantastic. That's the problem sometimes though they love a toy for a while and then suddenly go off it. It's the same with beds here. I'll buy mine a bed and then a month of constant use and they do not want to use it anymore!

I am glad to hear you have got a day off. Theresa and Tang will be over the moon!

Look forward to hearing what your up to. Take care.

xxForeverxx
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Friday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am THRILLED for you that the after hours meeting has been changed to Tuesday evenings - - so that you will not have to drag yourself back out to work the very next day. While this still isn't "perfect" it IS a help. Is this a permanent change to the meeting schedule, or just a one-time event? So when will the next meeting be - - and do you have a ride home secured?

Today has been another day on the desk top computer downloading some music from Amazon. I like the fact that I can purchase individual tracks there instead of having to buy the entire CD to get the one piece of music I want. I also installed Google Chrome onto the desk top because I did not like the way I E 8 was working with Windows XP. So far the Google Chrome seems to be working okay.

Soon you will be on your way home to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you xxForeverxx, moon_beam

I have a ride home from the Tuesday meeting with my first sup. I asked my current one about changing the days, and mentioned that's the only day nobody is off, and therefore nobody would have to come in just for that. He said they will try it on Tuesday for a while and see how it goes. I hope it sticks.

Came into work and the 8:00 person's not here (still) but he's late every Saturday; first time he hasn't showed at all. I guess that is the kind if behavior that gets a person hired full time. I just hope it's no busier than usual.

Therersa and Tang are doing well, but I hate these days where I'm gone from them so long sad.gif Not much else going on. I hope you and your fur kids all have a great Caturday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, breezy, cool, sunny Caturday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Soon you will begin your journey home to your delightful welcoming committee who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

So glad you have secured a ride home after the next meeting. I know what you mean about the "late arrival / no show" employees as well. The "drama queen" of the office was allowed to come and go as she pleased. She showed up when it suited her, took breaks frequently throughout the day while I was there, took long lunches, and often was allowed to leave early. Seeing another employee get preferential treatment does lower the morale.

Haven't done much today except do some e-mails and share some quality time with my little boy. We played some soccer ball this morning until he got bored.

I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Mr. 8:00 finally did show up - at 9:00 with a lame excuse about his alarm clock and the time change. Um, that's not for another few weeks, right? And it would have resulted in his being an hour early. It's amazing how 20 something slackers think we "old folk" 40 somethings are that stupid. Fortunately, it was not very busy.

At least my buses home were on time (more or less) and just a slight delay at U of L where they had the road closed. But I still got home to Theresa and Tang in a fairly timely manner. Doing laundry now. Tang obviously was scratching again last night and therefore got his dose of Benadryl. God love him, he's even starting to take that in stride too. Can't really fault his attitude on the whole process. Not much else going on. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful Sunday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, chilly, Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I had to chuckle about "Mr. 8:00" mumbling something about the time change. Yep - - he's about 3 weeks early on that excuse. Glad you got home to your precious furkids in a timely manner yesterday - - that is always the best time of the day. Your precious little boy is such a good fellow taking that icky Benadryl. I hope it is helping him - - it sure would be pitiful if he endured taking that stuff only to not have it help him with his ear.

Not a heck of a lot going on here today - - just chilling with my precious Noah, and getting caught up with some e-mails. He's taking his after lunch nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to wash.

I hope today has been treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I don't know about the Benadryl helping the ear directly. But it does help enough with the itch that he does not scratch; and that would seem to be the point. On the other hand it could just be psychological. But that would presuppose cats have more long term memory than folks might think. Personally, I think they do. In my book they are better people than most actual people.

It's been pretty quiet around here today (except for the dog downstairs barking) Naps all around. Tang has taken to laying in the extra dining chair that is Theresa's favorite spot. I can't decide if it's competitive (because she seeks out his spots too) or if it's a weird way of them being close. In any case she did come to me on the couch to "tell" on him "Daaaaaddy, Tang's in my spot <pout>" Then there was competitiom to sit in the sill of the open bedroom window. So like sibling children. But they are my joy as I'm sure Noah is for you. I hope he continues to improve and that you both have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - knowing that in just an hour or so you will be heading home to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

I am so chuckling about your precious Theresa coming to you with such a sad face about her brother being in HER place. I can just hear you say to her, "It's okay my baby girl, daddy's here - - let's have some special time together just you and me, okay? Then maybe later you can get back into your chair if you want to."

Glad the Benadryl does help ease the itch in little Tang's ear so that he isn't driven to insanity with the urge to scratch - - which indeed is the purpose. And I agree with you wholeheartedly, my friend, that our precious companions DO have excellent memories. I have always believed this even as a young girl.

Since I don't know when I will get my tax notices, I decided to go ahead and renew my internet security program licenses for both my desk top and lap top for another 2 years today. So that's done. The expiration date is not until mid-December, and I usually don't incur this expense until after I pay my taxes which are due by December 5, but I might as well go ahead and do it and get it paid for with November's expenses.

Still have the lunch dishes to do. Noah is taking his nap on the sofa this afternoon. I need to start a grocery list for this week as well. Really exciting stuff, huh? For me - - it is heavenly.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, she was pretty upset, and I did motion for her to cuddle up beside me on the couch. I swear she was looking at him like a sibling sticking her toung out at him. I do think part of the reason Tang does not scratch is he does not want the icky medicine. But sometimes it's just too much for the poor little guy.

It's good you are keeping your computer safe for another 2 years. Today was not too bad at work for a Monday. Especially with 3 reps out. One of which (yes Mr. 8:00) was not on the "approved" list. Go figure. Well, time to head on home to my brood. I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I know you are looking at the clock now and counting down the minutes until you are on your way home to your precious furkids.

I am so smiling at your comment about your precious Theresa figuratively sticking her tongue out at Tang. Our companions are sooooo expressive in their moods and what's on their minds. I know your precious companions are the light of your life.

Spent a quiet day here with my precious Noah updating his kitty journal. He likes to keep me company when I'm working on the computer, and I do so enjoy his company. At the moment he is curled up on the sofa here in the computer area taking a nap. Soon I will need to make a trek to the mailbox to get whatever has been delivered since yesterday.

I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

They do have their moments my two wink.gif I arrived home in a timely manner, but was disappointed the GNC in my neighborhood didn't have the digestion aids I'm almost out of. I hate going in that store anyway because the manager is so nasty. Guess I'll have to trek out to Kroger tomorrow and hit the one in the mall.

I got a nice birthday card in the mail from the management of my apartments; not sure how they knew. 10/26 - the same day it will have been a month for your precious Noah's surgery. I hope it brings happy news and that he's still progressing nicely. Hoping you both have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to get your errands done early today so that you and your precious furkids could enjoy most of your day off together. I hope your weather was as pleasant in your neighborhood as it has been here. Probably when you filled out the rental application you had to include your date of birth - - perhaps management thought sending you a birthday card would be a gesture of "good will."

Today began the ongoing leaf clean up in the back yard - - ongoing through next spring. I'm hoping to be able to get some grass seed down which I hope will begin to fill in the very bare spots in the yard. Noah kept a loving vigil over me from his window bench inside the house.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

On this unseasonably warm October day (80 degrees) The "raining" of the leaves has started here also. I'm glad I do not have to rake them though. I did not get my running done as quickly as I'd like with stopping at the bank to argue (in vain) about NSF fees. I did apply for a line of credit to help, but about 99.9% sure I will get turned down. This is life. I also had to go all the way over to the mall to hit that GNC. I've noticed that every mall I visit (although it's rare) has no book store(s) anymore. That is so sad. Are bookstores becoming endangered? Like the drive-in movies I remember so fondly from my childhood. They just closed the last one of those here recently. Anyway, I ended up being gone for 3.5 hours, and didn't get as much quality time as I would have liked with Theresa and Tang (sigh) Not much more going on here. I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this beautiful autumn day here in Virginia. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your day yesterday had some frustration with it. With high technology becoming the now and future, books are becoming a thing of the past - - like the drive in theaters. My brother Jimmy worked as a "soda jerk" in a drive in theater for a summer home from college. That drive in was closed and replaced by a shopping mall. So sad.

I can relate to the length of your errands yesterday. Today was my errands run and I was gone from the house for 3 hours. At least I got done most of what I needed to get done. Since I got home Noah and I have been enjoying having the door opened and gated for fresh air and listening to the woodland residents. Tomorrow may be the last day for this bonus if Sandy comes enough inland. Temps will also take a dive this weekend. Wish it could stay this pretty for the rest of the autumn and winter.

Hopefully by now you are well on your way home to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It will probably be the last warm day here for a while too. I was actually sweating a bit by the time I got home tonight huh.gif

Yes, I lament the bygone summers going to the drive in; or the amusement park. We lost that too almost 3 years ago when Six Flags pulled out of Kentucky Kingdom. The guy that got it off the ground to start with made a bid to reopen it, but the metro government is fighting it. Go figure.

Got home a little later than I would have liked, but not by too much. Tang had been scratching last night, so it was icky medicine this morning. It tears my heart out when he reacts in panic as if I'd just set his tail on fire or something sad.gif But tonight it was scratch free; just the usual dirty. He endures it well though, bless his little heart. Theresa is well and they are both tag teaming the laser toy - good times. Well, I get to get up and go to work on my birthday tomorrow. A cold, rainy, and blustery day according to the forecast. Then just Caturday until I'm off again. That's all for now. I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

And I hope you have many, many, many more with your sweet furbabies........Do you think Theresa and Tang will give you a party? smile.gif

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey!

I don't know about a party, but they are most certainly a gift to me smile.gif I wonder if Sir Thomas is lighting a candle. I sure do miss him sad.gif
LoveMyMickey
Tracy...... Theresa and Tang are most certainly a gift to you......I believe Sir Thomas is looking down on you with pure love and just might send you a message.

Again "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!".......My birthday is the 29th, the year is on "a need to know basis". tongue.gif

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

29th of this month? Happy Birthday early then smile.gif
LoveMyMickey
Yes, Oct. 29th....Thank you!
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Friday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you are on your way home to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. This is the best time of the day, AND the best birthday present ever.

I'm glad the Benadryl is helping your precious little Tang with his itchy ear. You may notice he becomes a little less lethargic or "mellow" the more often you may need to give it to him. This is normal.

Noah appears to be doing well today. It has been a very cloudy day here, which has had him snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes for most of the day - - with the exception of when he hears the sound of FOOD available in the kitchen.

I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hi Tom's Dad, just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Birthday today. Hope you enjoy the rest of the evening with Tang and Teresa!
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom and moon_ beam for the Birthday wishes. It was not the best birthday ever, but at least it's over with.

moon_ beam, yes the Benadryl does make Tang "mellow" as you say, but I try to keep it to a minimum. Half the minimum dose, and only as I see him scratch or evidence there of.

This Caturday is shaping up to be a bit cold and windy. But the sun is supposed to come out later. Just have to get thru this day before I'm off for a day. The shift itself isn't bad. It's the fact I spend as much time commuting to and from as I do working, almost. Theresa and Tang are well, as I hope Noah, Mindy, and Shelley are. I hope you both have a great Caturday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, Caturday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Soon you will be on your journey home to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

It has been a busy day here with the monthly "bill-a-thon." Finally have things in order ready to go to the post office on Monday to mail the payments I cannot make online. Also need to get more stamps as I will be using all the ones I have for Monday's mail. Thankfully a roll of 20 stamps can last me close to 4 months now. Noah has been keeping me faithful company. He's taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to wash and need to make a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My second bus home last night was only 7 minutes late - pretty good all considered. Doing laundry now with the usual collection of drunk/stoned tenants milling about in and out of the laundry room. Theresa and especially Tang following me about while I get this chore done. Next week at this time it will be an hour earlier - and an extra hour to sleep, YAY. Not much going on here. I hope you and Noah have a great day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, breezy, gloomy Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels home yesterday went well. I remember so well about the timing of bus connections. The only thing I "miss" about the benefits of city living is the option for public transportation which comes in handy as you get older. Hope by now you have your laundry done without any adverse encounters or losing your money in the machines. I never really figured out why a tenant should have to pay for the privilege of using the laundry facilities provided. It seems to me this is a part of the rent you pay as a tenant - - right? I know management claims the money to use the machines is supposed to go for their maintenance and / or replacement. But you don't pay extra for the refrigerator or stove in the apartment - - they aren't coin operated, right? So what's the difference? One of life's many mysteries.

All is quiet here so far. The region is under a high wind warning until Wednesday morning. Haven't gotten any rain yet from Sandy but the chance for light rain is still in the forecast through Tuesday. Soon it will be time to go to the kitchen to put lunch on the stove warming. Noah is curled up on his bathroom window perch taking a nap at the moment.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad! Rainy and windy Sunday afternoon greetings to you! Hurricane Sandy has been affecting us since late last night. Getting lots of rain and wind, some power outages. I'm also trying to get my laundry done. The girls are doing okay, only Shelley is a bit scared. I had opened the balcony door because Mindy was wanting to get out. Shelley just sat by the door and as a gust of wind blew in she got scared. She is the more sensitive one and she loves being held and reassured by me when she's scared.

Today is my 10 month angel-versary for Danny and my 6 month angel-versary for Tina, but there's no sense going down to the pet cemetery. If Tina was still with me she'd probably swat at the raindrops rolling down the window pane. She was never afraid of storms. Tina would often sit by the window and watch the lightning. She was so fearless. She would even venture out into the snow.

Hope you and Tang and Teresa have a good afternoon.
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Yeah I agree a free laundry room would be nice. Considering what I pay for rent (and now water) but I don't see that happening any time soon. I finally looked into the apartments by where I work, and they want almost as much for an efficiency as I pay for a 2 bedroom (not including extras - such as a LOT more for pets) So much for that idea dry.gif

Thank you DannysMom. My condolences on your 10 month angel-versary for Tina. Those are always rough, I know.

Today has been gloomy and cold, and not just in terms of the weather. For some odd reason, I had been thinking of an old girlfriend. Old as in we broke up in 1997 and I have not had any contact with her in a few years give or take. On again/off again kind of stuff. I'd been wondering why she was no longer on the Insight email list and her account was no longer coded as employee. So this morning while doing laundry I Googled her and and the 4th hit was for her obituary ohmy.gif About a month ago, apparently. I didn't even know she was sick. But then, why would I have? She was only 35. Yeah, we had a rocky relationship, and my reason for looking her up was to be snarky about her no longer working at Insight; you know "What did you do, go and get yourself fired again?" Well, obviously I'm not feeling so snarky now. Even though we had not been close for some time, it's shaken me quite a lot. There but for the grace of God and all that. Tomorrow it's back to work (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are well and we have had our cuddle times - her on the couch, Tang in the bed. I hope you both as well as Noah, Mindy and Shelley are well and have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope your day is going well.....I don't know about these things, but it sounds like your friend was trying to contact you. I am so sorry she passed away.

Our area is under a wind advisory for late this afternoon until tomorrow night. I don't know if it will reach your area.

Several different cats have been coming around including Bully Bobtail. smile.gif Late one night after we went to bed, skunk scent came through the house, seemed to be from the front. I sure hope they stay away.

Give Theresa and Tang a special pat for me and stay safe.....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.