Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, have you tried a water squirter with your little Tang yet? This is often recommended for "behavioral adjustment." But you need to use it at the moment of undesirable behavior - - like when he's got that glint in his eye to do his "Amazing Tang" act, and when he's becoming aggressive with his sister. Yes, our furkids can take unfair advantage of us and their fur siblings, so - - like all children of every life form - - they need to learn from their family leader what is more appropriate behavior. You can get a squirt bottle cheaply and just keep it filled with water - - AND close at hand. Use the "spray" nozzle - - as opposed to the "mist" - - because the water spray will - - hopefully - - startle him to distract him from his "intended" misbehavior. It's just a thought.

Tracy, your precious Theresa will survive her brother's obnoxious behavior, and someday little Tang will mellow. Just bear in mind that one day there will come a time when you will look at Tang and will remember all his "devilishness" and wish for some of it back. His halo is a bit bent and crooked right now, but he is forever your precious little Tang whose mission at the moment is to irritate and aggravate the living daylights out of you and Theresa. You and your fur tribe will be fine, Tracy.

I hope today is being kind to you at the pit, my friend. In awhile you will be getting home and your precious Theresa and little Tang will be greeting you with great joy. I hope you and your fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Just one more day to get through and then another uninterrupted weekend with your furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I think I was looking for reassurance I had not made a mistake in adopting Tang. I have a water bottle I use to style my hair in the mornings (I shower at night) but have not really considered using it for that. I have to catch him in the act anyway. Usually my voice is enough to stop it. It was just getting very frustrating. Last night I did something I have not done in years, and only then in regard to human companions (no more of those in my life thank you) I went to bed angry. And I never told Tang he was "forgiven" They both came to sleep with me later anyway. Amazing how they can know what's in our hearts without having to be "told" I started using a different cleaning fluid on Tang as the vet was out of the kind originally given to me. I'm not positive, but it seems to irritate him more. I kept what little I have of the old just in case. If he continues to show irritation, I'll go back to it and check with the vet. Out of guilt from last night (and my own craving) I stopped for some chicken tonight. I think Tang will accept that as an apology for failing to tell him he's forgiven wink.gif TTFN

TTT
kaylasmom
Hi Tracy,
Moonbeam, as always, is right. When Ty was a kitten, we bought a bunch of water pistols at the dollar store. We kept them everywhere in the house. Whenever Ty would act up, squirt! If he was fighting with Kay, squirt! It was a fantastic deterrent, and he never associated us with the water, just his behavior. Of course, it didn't stop him from climbing our tree his first Christmas (or knocking it over-it was artificial!) I guess some things are just too tempting!
Good luck!
Shelby
Tom's Dad
Thanks kaylasmom

The squirt bottle/gun is a tried and true feline behavior method I have used in the past. But I find as I get older it just does not fit with my thinking anymore. I can stop Tang from doing "wrong" with my voice just fine. It's not about HOW I stop the bad behavior as much as my frustration in that it happens. I'll muddle through to be sure. I think everyone has missed the point either by chance or design in my post. I was looking for reassurance that I did not make a mistake in adopting Tang. But I guess that's not forthcoming, so I guess I'll have to be my own counsel on the matter. Which is OK. I have (or should by now) grown accustomed to my being the only person looking out for me.
kaylasmom
Tracy,
I'm so sorry I missed what you were trying to ask/tell us. I was assuming (and we all know how that works) that a calmer household might relieve some of your doubts as to Tang's place in your home. Please forgive me.
Shelby
Tom's Dad
Shelby

I didn't mean to come across grumpy. It was a good idea. I'm just feeling some doubts that I need to work through. I love the little guy for sure. We'll get there, just takes time I suppose.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I hope this cold rainy day is treating you and furbabies well.........In my opinion, I don't think you made a mistake in adopting Tang.....Seems like the fun you've had with him outweighs the problems. Of course, you're the one dealing with the problems and I know parents get tired and frustrated with children and furbabies........Just try to enjoy your furbabies and when "daddy's happy, everybody is happy."......

Tomorrow is Caturday, and I hope you, Sgt. Tang, and Sweet Little Theresa have a pleasant weekend....Hugs to you all...

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sorry that my response was not what you needed. My Eli was a handful -- oh how he could infuriate me - - UNTIL I finally realized that most of his aggressive behaviors were because of mental health issues. Since I had no previous experience with a furchild with mental health issues, I totally felt out of my league. If I had not been able to convince our vet at the time that something was incredibly wrong with him, I truly believe he would not have lived to be 6 years old - - he would have died from a massive seizure. Once his vet and I began working with him on obtaining a maintenance dosage of Valium to help quiet the noises in his brain from the schizophrenia and get his seizures under control, I began to breathe a little easier about him being able to have a good quality of life - - with me at the helm as his caregiver. And his quality of life GREATLY IMPROVED when Noah arrived.

But there were times before Noah came when I worried greatly about my being able to give Eli the proper care he needed. And there are still times when I think of my Eli and some of the dark struggles we went through his first year of life prior to his beginning his medication that tear at my heart. I truly wish there had been a "support group" where I could turn to for suggestions, recommendations, and encouragement.

Tracy, there are very few absolute "guarantees" that the decisions that we make at any given time are THE EXACT DEFINITE ENGRAVED IN STONE right decisions. We are mere mortals. Tang needed a home. He has multiple health issues. For some reason, his need for a home touched your heart, and you opened your heart to give him a loving home with your precious Theresa. I know, as I knew the 6 years and 10 months that I was blessed with my Eli, that - -if I were not his human caregiver that no one else would have endured through the dark times - - to come through them - - and to have the WONDERFUL blessing of seeing him happy and healthy and contented with his adopted baby brother, Noah. I CHERISH these memories, and am honored to be the human to have them.

So it is with you and your little Tang. If you NEVER had any doubts, Tracy, then you would NEVER be asking yourself "how can I be a better dad? am I missing something that I should be aware of? am I making more out of this than what needs to be?" In other words, Tracy, you are a WONDERFUL dad, and - - in my opinion - - you made the RIGHT decision to embrace Tang into your heart and home. With all of his health issues, Tang may still be waiting for a loving home. Oh, someone may have taken him home - - only to have returned him because they can't "deal with" all his health needs - - or worse, taken him to the shelter - - or dumped him on the street - - and, well, Tang may no longer be physically on this planet now - - if YOU had not opened your heart and home to him.

I hope you are able to get more of the cleaning solution for your little Tang's ear that doesn't irritate. Pretty soon you will be home with your precious Theresa and little Tang, and an uninterrupted weekend with your furkids. I hope today has been a decent one for you in the pit, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and pleasant evening. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you all for the kind words of support. I didn't mean to sound prickly. As I look into my heart, I don't think I made a mistake in adopting Tang. I think I just needed to get external validation of it. I probably should have been more clear in what I was seeking.

Both Tang and Theresa came from situations where they were "unwanted" Theresa I got from the PetSmart where the Banfiled Pet Hospital is housed. I was looking for a companion for Tom in March of 2007, and there she was in the bottom case with a few other cats, but off to herself and looking miserable. What stuck out at me (and my budget) was that there was NO adoption fee. There is usually 50.00-100.00 - 25.00 if they are REALLY trying to get rid of them. It was managed by Shelby Co. AS (the only no kill in KY I know of) Well, she won me over, and instinct was telling me I could not just leave her there. Well after 3 days I found out why no fee. Long story short she had a SEVERE inner ear and upper resp. infections. The kind you get when medical care is being neglected. Plus the AS worker had tears in her eyes when she thanked me for taking her. She had been there from 4 months to 4 years, and I'm pretty sure she was getting ready to be shipped to a "kill" facility. But after a couple visits to a different clinic across town and about 200.00 out of pocket she's been as right as rain.

While Tang had it better vet care wise (since that's where he was) He was also vulnerable with the health issues and the vet surely could not have cared for him forever. So I guess he could have been dumped at a shelter or on the street by a less caring adopter. So, perhaps it may be true that without my intervention neither would be here today. I often thought the same of Tom had I let that horrible woman keep him. I think much of this is coming from unresolved grief and guilt over Tom. Like some part of me feels as if I'm betraying his love by trying to replace him. Tang is in my heart and going nowhere, Theresa too. In fact, on her adoption form was a question: What circumstances would you consider it OK to return the pet to the shelter? I put NONE! I'm committed to my fur children both on earth and in heaven.

Again I thank you all for the support, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. More "tails" to come as they happen. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good morning to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I was thinking about you and your fur tribe this morning as I was doing some early morning chores - - trying to find a way to offer you encouragement and support. I don't know - - perhaps this will help a little. There was always a "tension" between Spock and Kirk about what is "logical and illogical." When Spock saved the Enterprise from obliteration - - and thus saving his friends from certain death - - he told Kirk "the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the one." When the Enterprise crew rescued Spock from the dying Genesis planet and took him back to his home, his mother confronted him about his "humanness" - - and that the crew had rescued him because "the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many."

Again, when you saw Tang needing a loving home, your heart was touched - - perhaps "illogically" - - because you saw the "needs of the one" (Tang) "outweighing the needs of the many" (you and your precious Theresa). I also firmly believe that your beloved Sir Thomas led you at that particular moment in time to set aside "logic" so that this little homeless waif could know TRUE LOVE - - which includes loving parental and sibling discipline - - during his earthly journey. By bringing Tang into your heart and home you can NEVER REPLACE your beloved Sir Thomas - - that's NEVER an issue. Instead you are HONORING him by opening your heart and home to a little furchild who is in desperate need of a loving home. I know there are many uncertainties you are feeling about your being able to provide appropriate care to him. In these uncertain times we are living what you are feeling is perfectly natural and normal. I hope in some way you can find some comfort and peace in your heart -- and reassurance - - that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will be just fine.

I don't know if this helps any, but for whatever it is worth I thought I would pass it along to you. I'm sure your little Tang knows you "forgive" him for his lapses in "good" behavior, and it always helps to smooth things over between friends sharing a special treat. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a good day. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's an apt enough &%^ogy. And it got me to thinking about Tom in what Kirk said at Spock's funeral. "Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, his was the most......(stifle a sob) HUMAN." I even imagine it what Tom's voice sounded like in my head "Space...the final frontier" And what McCoy said to Kirk on the bridge of the Enterprise "He's really not gone...as long as we remember him" Yes, and apt &%^ogy indeed.

I suppose I will always have some doubts about my pet parenting skills, and this is probably normal. For, when I stop asking am I doing enough, is when I stop really caring. And I just don't see that happening - at least I hope not. It's a rainy day here with cool temps. A good day for sleeping and reflecting. I was late meeting my cab this morning looking for Tang. I think he thought he was going back to the vet wink.gif

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so good to log in before shutting this gizmo down for the night to see how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. So glad the Trek comparisons helped. I, for one, don't ever see you stop caring about your precious furkids, Tracy. I'm chuckling at your Tang's "disappearing act" this morning - - my Noah tries to do the same thing when he thinks there might be a trip to the vet in the works. I hope your little Tang realized that you just wanted to make sure he was okay before doing your errands.

It was a gloomy day here weather-wise but the temperature did get up to 80 earlier this evening, with high humidity as well. It was a good day to get my monthly "finance-a-thon" done with my little Noah keeping me faithful company.

I hope you and your fur tribe are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that you will have a wonderful day tomorrow. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I should have thought to look under the chair by the computer desk first. That's where Tom always hid too. We have had a peaceful weekend so far. Temps cool, spotty rain, and over all gray. Perfect napping weather. Earlier I was in the bathromm and Theresa came in and jumped in the tub. About a minute or two later, in came Tang. As if to announce there was a family meeting scheduled that I had not been aware of wink.gif

Hoping for a peacful Sunday. Not OC, but I did sign up for next Sunday. I'm thinking I have enough points for it to be my last of the year.

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, isn't it wonderful when our furkids want to be with us wherever we are -- just because. I'm so glad you and your precious fur tribe are able to enjoy this day together doing whatever - - hanging out, napping, watching TV, listening to music - - whatever. ENJOY!!!

We're under a cloud cover here, too, and the porch looks wet again as it does when we've had a rain shower come through. I will definitely be having to fire up the mower again whenever the sun makes another appearance.

Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and will look forward to sharing your news. Have a wonderful day!!

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Today has been peaceful, and all too short. Tomorrow it's back to the pit, but that's better than the alternative, I suppose. Tang has only just jumped down from the back of the easy chair after an amazingly long nap. Making show of stretching and big manly yawns. I informed him, he can take his time, but he's still getting his ear cleaned. This illicited a glare. Not much else to share right now. Hope all here on LS are having a nice Sunday evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Looks like Tang is not quite over his fear of thunder storms. At first I thought I had a ghost or some ctitter in the house until I realized Theresa was completely relaxed and nonplused. Then I realized we were having storms. Not bad ones, but there was some thunder. And that's the conditions the vet nurse rescued him from. I guess it's going to take a while. But, I assured him that he would never be stuck out in that kind of weather ever again. Not now that he has a home....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, getting caught up on your news from last night, and am so very glad your little Tang need fear no more any storms of life - - for he has his daddy who will always comfort him when life gets scary. And this includes - - the ritual of ear cleaning. I hope all went well with the nightly routine. Typical little boy - - "daddy, do I really need to get my ear cleaned EVERY night? Aw, gee whiskers, daddy - - a little dirt never hurt anyone!!!"

I hope today is being kind to you in the salt mines. Soon your precious Theresa and little Tang will hear your footsteps in the hallway and the turn of the key in the lock - - and what a happy reunion it will be because daddy's home. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, I'd say that's about the gist of his attitude toward the cleanings. To which I always tell, hin "Yes, son, we have to clean it every night or it will get worse like before" Honestly, I know it's probably going to get to the point of surgery again, I dread to think about it. Will he be as lucky as before? Will this greatly shorten his life? I've grown rather attached to the guy these past 4 months (hard to beleive this thread has been going that long) But, like Tang, I soldier on and do the best for him I can.

Work was OK I guess for a Monday. Tomorrow I will have been there exactly 1 year as a contractor. The only other job I was a contactor that long without being I hired, I was let go after 2 years. It's starting to look like that will be the end result of this job too. I'm wondering if that's a mixed blessing given that it just does not seem to be a good fit for me long term. Not that I'm ungrateful for God answering my prayers and giving me the opportunity to get out of that hole. Now my prayers are a little more esoteric in that I simply pray for guidance and the means to care for my babies and myself adequately.

Tonight Theresa picked the fight - it spilled out of the bedroom literally onto my feet. So, it got ended really quick. Both are now behaving themselves and Tang is once again "King of the Catnip Socks" TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, logging in to see how things are going for you and your precious fur tribe before calling it a day with Noah. There's a rumble of thunder overhead, so please forgive if this is a bit brief - - don't want to get shut off by a blip in the power connection.

So, your little girl was the instigator tonight of the "chase." I can just envision them heading for dad - - perhaps in error of direction or perhaps as the "safe zone". Either way they landed at the feet of daddy "Solomon". Amazing how a sock can restore peace and equilibrium, isn't it?

Wish I had some wise words to offer you about your job. My best "advice" - - and remember you get what you pay for - - is to just try to keep your options open, Tracy. I see my job eventually drifting off into the black hole of the universe, and like you, my only desire now is to be able to adequately take care of my Noah and me.

It's time to call it a day here. Thank you so much for sharing your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your beloved Sir Thomas, with us, Tracy. I hope you and your precious furkids are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and I hope your day tomorrow in the salt mines will be a decent one for you. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Oh, I'm almost certain it was "navigation error" as they ran right into me in the hall. But they played half way nice throughout the evening which was heart warming. As for my job. Well, I've been on it for a year and if they let me go I have it on good authority Today's does not fight unemployment, and the fact I HAVE been on it a year should wipe out that denial garbage from SMLLC stating I "quit" As I said before the take home pay would not be that much less (sad I know) I almost would not mind if I knew I would find something better within a month or two - more time with the kids. Speaking of which I think we are all going to hit the hay. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope your day in the pit was decent for you, and that you and your furkids are now settling into your evening together.

I think the common denominator with employment in these unsettled times is that employers know they have a large base of applicants to choose from for every single vacancy. So employees, and applicants, no longer have any sense of "job security" - - and that's deliberate on the part of the employers. I read an article on the internet last week about working conditions in the Amazon warehouse during the summer, and their hiring practices. Just amazing - - and despicable.

So your precious furkids try to do "interactive" games with dad? Perhaps your furkids - - or at least your precious Theresa - - will have some balcony time this evening, and you can encourage your little Tang to hang out with you -- primarily so that you will know where he is - - as opposed to where he isn't supposed to be.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that your day tomorrow in the salt mines will be a decent one. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Work was OK. I'm just going to ride this train for as long as I can. It pays the bills and keeps me somewhat ahead of the game - for now. I hear you about employer "attitudes" But the situation has been like this before and improved, as one can only hope it will again. Then the chickens will come home to roost and the employers will get te short end of the stick. Gotta love Karma.

No greetings at the door today sad.gif Even Tang just kind of sat in the foyer looking at me. Can't win 'em all I guess (sigh) 2 days down and 3 to go. I signed up for OC Sunday but supposed to be clear skies all the way. Hoping for a peaceful evening. How sad is it that I LIVE for my evenings and weekends even though I don't really do much? Oh well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a blessing logging into your forum to see how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I know how disappointing it can be when your furkids are not right at the door to greet you when you come home. Hmmm - - wonder what "mischief" your precious Theresa and little Tang are up to when they aren't at the door. "Ssshhhhh -- - is that daddy - - what time is it anyway? Oooppps - - do you think he knows what we've been up to? Let's try to look as innocent as we can. Okay - - let's go look like angels. Hi daddy - - so glad you're home!! It's been so lonely today without you here with us."

"How sad is it that I LIVE for my evenings and weekends even though I don't really do much?" - - Hey, Tracy - - getting your furkids their dinners, cleaning Tang's ear, refereeing mischief, and chilling with your furkids for bonding time - - I would hardly say that is not "really do(ing) much." After slaving in the salt mines for most of the day, I think you are very much entitled to a peaceful evening with your furkids. Of course you could always ask your furkids if they would be interested in going to the museum or the ball park - - or wherever you might want to go - - but the sad thing is very few "public" places permit our furkids unless they are recognized Service Partners. So, relax, - - and enjoy this dedicated time with your precious Theresa and little Tang - - as I know you already do.

I hope you and your furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that tomorrow will be a decent day for you in the salt mines. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I know I "do" a lot but was refering more to recreation. But as I get older, I find my needs in that regard are simpler. Taking care of the fur kids, always having a ST novel to read, keeping up with TV shows on Netflix. To others it may not seem much, but it makes me happy. I did at least have Tang at the door tonight - Thersa came around when I bent down to pet her on the sofa. Of COURSE Tang smelled the food in my bag the second I walked in (meow meow meow I smell FOOOOOOOOD daddy!) To which I took advantage of his temporary confusion to scoop him into the bathroom for his nightly cleaning. He was NOT amused wink.gif I guess I'll have to give him some bites of my food later.

I look forward each day to your comments on here. Sometimes it's the only bright spot of my day any given day. TTFN for now....

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I understand what you're saying about living a simpler life. That sounds like us here, but we are older than you. But I always say, no matter what age, do what makes you happy.......I have a cousin that for years said to us, you all never go anywhere. I finally told her off. I told her we were finished with our traveling days.

Tracy, I'm still smiling about Tang saying, "Oh S***!......Our stray black cat is getting choosy about the kind of food; he likes the canned food. My husband gave him some dry food the other morning and before he could empty the can of wet food, the cat took a bite of the dry food and hissed. My husband came back inside and said it sounded like the cat said, "Oh S***!"..... biggrin.gif

I hope you have a pleasant evening with your furbabies and maybe you can take advantage of Tang again and clean his ear. smile.gif ........TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's Thursday evening and you are home with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I know what you mean about enjoying the "simple pleasures". After being in the loud hectic outside world during the day I am ever so thankful for the quiet peacefulness of my humble abode with my little Noah.

I'm looking forward to getting snuggled down with my little boy. After I got home today I mowed the front yard which was a 2-hour cardio workout. My right leg and hip - - which bore the brunt of injuries from the automobile collision 26 years ago - - need to get elevated. I took some pain mediation after I had my shower, but may need to take another dose later this evening. I hope this is the final mowing of the front yard for the season.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that your day tomorrow in the salt mines will be decent for you. Tomorrow is Firday, and although you are "on call" this weekend hopefully you will be spared any interruptions from your furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey, moon_beam sorry your aching from mowing the lawn. Hope you feel better soon. Got home half hour later than normal due to bus SNAFUs - but I am home. They scaled back our OT for tomorrow so I can sleep in a half hour - at least I'm not LOSING any time (sigh) I have stopped the use of the "new" cleaning fluid on Tang. There is a tad of pink/redness and he struggles more than ever than when I used the "old" stuff (which I have enough of for a couple days) and I'm bringing him back to the vet on Saturday. The thought of this new stuff causing him pain or discomfort is disheartening. I hope I've stopped in time to not have done any real damage. Both are resting comfortably and I am looking forward to some snuggle time. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for your always welcome news as to how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. You are being a very good and wise dad by stopping the use of the "new" solution for Tang's ear clearning. Since it's causing redness and irritation, it is best to be safe. Hope you can get more of the "old" solution tomorrow when you take your little boy in for a check up. Is it time for his monthly check up already??? Gosh - - how time does go by. Please let us know how things go, okay?

I'm doing better. Today was a bit of a challenge mobility-wise. Ended up having to take another dose of pain med at work, and that seems to have turned the corner. I ain't a spring chicken anymore, for sure. There used to be an "oldie" TV commercial for something - - can't remember if it was for aspirin or iron supplement - - but the punch line went that it was folks whose "get up and go got up and went." That's me for sure.

Today is Friday, and hopefully you are home now with your precious furkids. I'm chuckling at your description of your precious Theresa coming "around when I bent down to pet her on the sofa." A little Cleopatra - - definitely the "queen" of the household tribe. How precious!!! I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and a very pleasant and wonderful weekend. Hopefully no OT calls!! Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

It's not really time to bring Tang back as he was just there a couple weeks ago. But I thought, as did the nurse that introduced us, it was a good idea to have him checked out under the circumstances. I was greeted by both tonight at the door. And they are up to their antics already. Only one hiss I heard I had to fuss at; they must know Caturday looms wink.gif I'm glad you are feeling better. know I hate when my mobility is curtailed. My shoulder hurts again, but not like it did before thank goodness. Yeah, OC Sunday but we are supposed to be in for clear (if chilly) skies for many days. So I'm hoping for the best. I didn't sign up next week and no draft. The kittles continue their "tactical" exorcizes. Miss Theresa doing her chase me dance. Just ready to chill for a while now. TTFN

TTT

PS: I'll post how Tang is doing after the vet.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in with you to see how you and your precious fur tribe's Caturday is going. The wind has been breezy here today, and am wondering if your neighborhood is also breezy. If so, I hope this is not causing power outages to contend with.

Hope all went well with little Tang's check up today and that you were able to get a refill on the "old" cleaning solution for his ear. Is it just the "bad" ear that you clean or do both of his ears get a treatment?

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I was able to get the first kind of cleaner and he got 2 antibiotic shots that will last 2 weeks to the tune af about 60.00 (87.00 tootal including the cleaner) more than I wanted to spend, but worth it. I'm not going down the same sorrrowful path with Tang that I did Tom sad.gif It's just his left ear. I check his right one regularly, but it rarely requires cleaning.

IT has beem mostly sunny today, if chilly in the 50s. It looks a little overcast now, but still supposed to have clear skies tomorrow when I'm OC. I'm hoping it will be uneventful.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Just stopping by to say hello and to see how little Tang's visit went today. That's good that you could get the original ear cleaner. Maybe the antibiotic shots will clear it up.

A frost advisory is out for our area for tomorrow morning. I hope we have a mild winter, but I doubt we will since the weather has been so crazy everywhere this year.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a pleasant and fun evening....You all are in my thoughts and prayers........TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how little Tang's doctor's visit went today. Joining LoveMyMickey in that I, too, am glad you were able to get the original ear cleaning solution for your little boy. It's no fun when medication adds to the "misery" of a daily ritual. Were you by any chance able to exchange the "new" solution for the preferred one - - or at least got a discount for it? Also hope the antibiotics will help. As you know the ear is an excellent breeding ground for infections. Please let us know how things go with your little Tang. He has been through a lot in his short life, and now he is so o o o o blessed to have you for his Forever Dad, Theresa for his sister, and your beloved Sir Thomas for his brother.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey. moon_beam

I thought about trying to get a discount or exchange. But they have a sign that clearly says NO RETURNS on medicines. And they waived the registration fees on both his and Theresa's wellness plans. So I didn't want to push my luck. I'll just have to budget a little more this week. Thank goodness for getting paid weekly. I'm a little worried about him as he has been low energy since we got home. Choosing to stay mostly on the back of the easy chair. He naps there alot but ususlly perks up in the evenings. Following me around and "chatting" with me while I shower. This time he didn't - I was able to coax him to do so after the fact though. I'm hoping it is just the antibiotics sapping his energy; I know they do that to me. Will post more later....

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang "good morning" greetings. I, too, hope your little boy is temporarily contending with "post-injection" blues. I hope he is feeling much perkier this morning. I do so understand your concern for him.

Just something for you to think about, if you haven't already: When each of my furkids joined the angels I took their left over meds to the vet, for which they were very grateful. They couldn't give me a "refund" nor could they re-dispense them home for other patients. BUT they can use them for the patients while they are there on the hospital premises. It's just a thought. This way, perhaps, the ear drops won't be going to waste. Also, the FDA has put into place new regulations about disposing of controlled substances and medications, so returning the unused med to the vet will take that responsibility from you. It's just a thought - - for whatever it may be worth. I can certainly understand your desire to not press your luck, but perhaps sometime you may want to inquire with the vet. I discussed this with our vet directly - - not with the reception folks. Also bear in mind that they HAVE to post a sign, BUT there is always room allowed for individual agreements between the customer and the treating vet. AND you never know until you ask.

I hope today will be a very pleasant one for you and your precious fur kids, my friend. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Tang seems to be doing much better today; following me all around as I did my laundry early this mornng. He's napping on the back of the chair now, but that's normal for this time of day. The idea of letting the vet have the meds back for in-house use is not a bad idea. Assuming they would do that. I probably could have had a little knocked off my my bill given my relationship with them, but that train has left the station so no point fretting about it now. Not a cloud in the sky and 58 degrees. So, I'm hoping all will be quiet. Hope you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Tonight's post is not about my fur tribe, at least not in the usual and linear sense (read on you'll see)

My latest ST novet is about the Department of Temporal Investigation (Time cops, and their counterparts from other eras) It got me to thinking what I'd change if I could. The one that usually pops up is doing better with Allison. But given more time (excuse the pun) to think about it. I thought why not go futher back? REALLY improve my life. Jump all the way back to 1989. And as the 80s saying went "Just say NO" to my familiy's meddling in my life and stayed in Dallas no matter how much they sweetened the pot to move with them to Louisville. I never would have gone through the last 22 years of hell, poverty, and darn near living on the street when they pulled the rug out from under me (as they apparently planned to do from the start I later found out) I would have continued my job at the cable company, probably would have made data center ops. manager by 30. Maybe even married that sweet girl that worked there I'd been seeing for a while. As I mused about all this laying on the sofa, I looked up to see Theresa and Tang napping peacfully. And my picture of Tom over his makeshift shrine on my TV stand. And I thought, if I'd done things differently 22 years ago, I would never have met (or subsequently helped/saved) any of them.

That gave me great pause (not paws) It also made me sad. I may have (unknowingly at the time) sacraficed a great deal in my life. But if I had not done that, who would have saved theirs? Is it arrogance, or hubris to think nobody else would have stepped up to help them? Time is an unforgiving mistress to be sure. And I don't even want to THINK about her sisters the Fates. There is a lot I don't have in my life, and likely never will. But I have them. And because of the way the time line flowed, I like to think it resulted in them being alive, happy, and healthy (as much as can be expedted) Oh, I'll still fantasize about winning the lottery or sweepstakes (which I don't play) or inheriting from a long lost relative. But that unreal bounty I'll never have will always include Thomas, Theresa, and Tang. Blessings to all my LS friends who indulge my ramblings on this thread.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. Ah yes, "the road not traveled." As I know all too well from experience when we are younger we are focused on what society calls the "right things" - - careers, getting married, having families - - everything "acceptable" to social standards. Like you my life took many twists and turns that to this day I haven't a clue as to why - and the course of events permanently changed my life from anything that I had "imagined" it would be.

But none of these events are "stand alone" - - each event builds upon each other and leads us in paths that - - when we take time to reflect on them - - can hopefully, as you have shared with us, help us to see the blessings we have NOW.

In society's twisted mind, our furkids are "inferior consolation prizes" to life's "misfortunes" in our experiences. But to me their love and devotion are the best treasures we will know on this side of eternity - - and throughout all time. People come and go in our lives like our hearts and lives are a revolving door. The ones who do "stick around" have their own "agenda" and are not always capable of offering their support and encouragement even when they don't "understand" our need. Our companions are FOREVER.

Tracy, you are a very insightful young man. I am sorry your life has had to endure deep sadness from your family and others in your life. I, for one, am honored to know you through this very special forum. I personally feel so fortunate to share your journey with your precious Theresa and little Tang, and am honored to share your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. Thank you for being here with us, Tracy.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening. I hope tomorrow will be a decent day for you in the pit. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam for your kind words. Insightful, maybe. Young? not so much turning 46 on the 26th. But from your writings you may well be about my mother's age give or take. All though I am LOATH to call her that. It's nice to hear kind words from that generation instead of the usual "I wish you'd died at birth" speach I usually got on a daily basis. I used think I'd got my love of animals, cats especially from her. But as I look back it was probably more in spite of her. She didn't have a love of cats, but rather money. They (my parents) would go to the different shelters and "adopt" various unaltered male and female Siamese (yeah you could get them unaltered back in the 70s) Then breed them as "pure bread" and sell them 2-3 litters a year 50.00 per. That's how I came to have Chauncey in my life for 18 years. But as I look back, I realized they were running nothing more than a feline version of a puppy mill sad.gif Then there was my dad blatantly stealing from the late night shift til when he was asst. mgr. at Ice Capades Chalet in Dallas. Yes, great roll models those two. I won't even start on my brother and sister. But to this day in their eyes I'm the back sheep "loser"

But hey. It gave me a sense of right and wrong. A reasonably northward pointing moral compass and my love of fur kids. Thank you again for the kind words I always look forward to reading my friend. Peace.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious MIss Theresa, and little Tang. It's Monday evening, and soon you will be home with your precious fur tribe. I hope your day in the trenches was a decent one for you. I read on the internet weather news that parts of NC, WV, PA, and the western Appalachians received an early preview to winter. I'm wondering if any of the white stuff made its way into your area. Nothing happened here, thank goodness. Don't know what I'd do if we had snow - - in any amount -- this early.

I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that tomorrow will be kind to you in the salt mines. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Weather here has been fairly mild. No rain expected all week and temps in the 70s - Work was more like a "usual" Monday in queue from start to finish. These are the days I'm glad I no longer have to stay to close. And I always milk that last call to log out right at 6:30.

I was greeted by both my babies upon returning home which is always nice. Tang's ear is looking better. Just get some crud and a bit of yellow from the crevice by the area at the base. I suspect that's where it settles when it drains. But over all looking better. One day down 4 to go (sigh)

Even though the weather is nice my sinus are not. Coughing, sneezing, bit of a sore throat etc. Took some DayQuil and hoping being home with my kids will be theraputic - as I write this they are "romping" Hope I don't have to ref. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say good evening and hoping that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening tonight.

So glad to know that little Tang's ear is looking better. I know this helps to ease your mind, and makes life more pleasant for your little boy.

I can relate to your sinus upset last night, as I was having one last night as well. I had to take a Benadryl early last night, which always puts me to sleep. I'm so glad I did as today has been much better sinus-wise for me, and I hope it has been the case for you, too.

It is always a blessing sharing your news, Tracy, and how things are going for you and your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope your day tomorrow in the salt mines will be a decent one.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Still feeling fairly miserable, but will keep taking the day time cold medicine. Maybe try to get more sleep tonight cuddled with the kittles. Tang's ear continues to show signs of improvement (or at least not getting worse mass wise) Not much else to report tonight with the way I'm feeling. Hope you and little Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
Gingerella72
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Oct 2 2011, 07:20 PM) *
Tonight's post is not about my fur tribe, at least not in the usual and linear sense (read on you'll see)

My latest ST novet is about the Department of Temporal Investigation (Time cops, and their counterparts from other eras) It got me to thinking what I'd change if I could. The one that usually pops up is doing better with Allison. But given more time (excuse the pun) to think about it. I thought why not go futher back? REALLY improve my life. Jump all the way back to 1989. And as the 80s saying went "Just say NO" to my familiy's meddling in my life and stayed in Dallas no matter how much they sweetened the pot to move with them to Louisville. I never would have gone through the last 22 years of hell, poverty, and darn near living on the street when they pulled the rug out from under me (as they apparently planned to do from the start I later found out) I would have continued my job at the cable company, probably would have made data center ops. manager by 30. Maybe even married that sweet girl that worked there I'd been seeing for a while. As I mused about all this laying on the sofa, I looked up to see Theresa and Tang napping peacfully. And my picture of Tom over his makeshift shrine on my TV stand. And I thought, if I'd done things differently 22 years ago, I would never have met (or subsequently helped/saved) any of them.

That gave me great pause (not paws) It also made me sad. I may have (unknowingly at the time) sacraficed a great deal in my life. But if I had not done that, who would have saved theirs? Is it arrogance, or hubris to think nobody else would have stepped up to help them? Time is an unforgiving mistress to be sure. And I don't even want to THINK about her sisters the Fates. There is a lot I don't have in my life, and likely never will. But I have them. And because of the way the time line flowed, I like to think it resulted in them being alive, happy, and healthy (as much as can be expedted) Oh, I'll still fantasize about winning the lottery or sweepstakes (which I don't play) or inheriting from a long lost relative. But that unreal bounty I'll never have will always include Thomas, Theresa, and Tang. Blessings to all my LS friends who indulge my ramblings on this thread.

TTT

Hi Tom's Dad, I'm new to the site and posted today about my Ginger dog who we lost last week. Your post here about time travel caught my eye, being a lover of the time-travel genre myself. Is this a story you're writing yourself or a book you're reading? Either way, I too think about how I would change things if I could go back in time, and it's a sticky, precarious thing to imagine. If I hadn't gone through the hardships I have in my life, I wouldn't be the person I am today. While in some ways that would be a good thing, I probably wouldn't be as wizened about some things, and that would be bad.

I'm trying to hold to the belief that everything happens for a reason, and that we're right where we're supposed to be today. My husband is fond of saying, you can't learn until you're ready to accept the lesson, good or bad.

I'm glad you're doing well with your furbabies.
Tom's Dad
Thank you for your comment Gingerella72

I am sad to hear of the loss of your Ginger. I am almost at 10 months on the passing of my Sir Thomas. The story I refered to is a Star Trek novel I am reading. The DTI "polices" the time line to prevent what I was musing about. But, as you do, I know that things happen for reasons that we are not always privy to at the time (no pun intended) Such as if I'd taken that alternate path 22 years ago, I would not have the kernels of wizdom I have picked up along the way. Or, to put it another way: We must have faith, that the universe will unfold as it should. While I still mourn the loss of my Sir Thomas (and my life that never was) I am richer for having had him in my life, and know that he had a paw in guiding Tang my way to join me and Theresa in our fur tribe. I hope you are able to find some peace and look for signs that your Ginger is still with you in her own way. Just as I have felt Tom's presence in my life many times since his passing. Peace.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know your day will greatly improve when you unlock your door and find your precious furkids enthusiastically greeting you - - "YIPPEEEE!!! Daddy's home!!!"

I hope you're feeling better today. I have had a mild migraine all day long, - - I truly believe it is the change in the temperatures that is the root cause. Since the head injury from the automobile collision 26 years ago (I was wearing my seatbelt but the force of the head on impact from the other car pushed the steering wheel into my face) I have frequent headaches, and weather changes can be a trigger for them. This too shall pass.

Noah is feeling his oats with the cooler weather - - more lively now that the heat and humidity have finally let up. He is letting me know that it will soon be time for his dinner. He is so o o o o o precious.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, Tracy. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry to hear about your migranes. I too believe that the changes in weather/pressure brings this kind of thing on. I sound worse as it's moved into my chest, but know from experience that means I'm getting better. My coughing "annoys" my neighbors at work - such a caring bunch. But though it sounds bad it's more productive for me.

I'm home to the kittles and they are happy as am I. Tang's ear looks better still tonight. I guess those shots did more good than anything I've been doing at home. But the cleanings will continue much to Tang's chagrin. Three days down two to go until Caturday with no OC weekend.

I'm glad to hear little Noah is getting his energy up as the weather cools smile.gif From the DVD he looks like Tom, and it makes me happy to know there is such a lovely boy still in the world. I'm off to settle in with the kids for the night. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Noah and I are sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our greetings, and hoping this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know as I'm writing you are still in the pit, but it is getting closer to the end of the day for you when you can look forward to getting home to your precious furkids who will be anticipating hearing the familiar sound of your footsteps in the hallway and the turn of the key in the lock and - - DADDY!!!

Thank you for your kind words about the headaches. Today was a good day. I took advantage of it and mowed the back yard when I got home. I think the last time I mowed the back yard was in July??? I hope this is the LAST mowing for the season. I had to be very careful with my footing because the acorns are dropping in heaps - - which makes me wonder how this winter is going to be weather-wise. I am so NOT a winter person anymore.

I'm so very glad the antibiotic shots have helped Tang's ear. This is very good news indeed. I am so chuckling about Tang's nightly ear cleaning ritual - - a little squirm here, a little squirm there - - and the proverbial question "Are you done yet, dad?" Does Tang still chase after Theresa afterward - - or has that ritual pretty much subsided?

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Tomorrow is F R I D A Y - - and a weekend to look forward to with your precious furkids. Hold onto that thought, my friend, during your time in the pit tomorrow.

Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam for your kind comments as always -

I actually read it when I was in the pit toward the end of my shift when it slowed down some. Next week I get shafted on my schedule Wed-Fri. Instead of my hour of OT all at the beginning on my shift, they put me there until 7:00 mad.gif This happened once before and they gladly fixed it. This time "Manager must approve" Hmm. I think I know which "manager" overheard me telling someone WHY I picked the 9:30-6:30. Maybe she thinks I'll get mad and quit. Not likely. Won't jeopardize my UE bennies again. She'll have to try harder, or can me.

I'm glad your head feels better. It actually got up to 83 here today. But my head/chest cold is on the mend which is good. No, the after cleaning "drama" does not happen very much any more. But the impromtu romps still need refereed from time to time wink.gif

Chuckle at your "words" for Tang durring his ear cleaning. That pretty much sums it up. One more day to go in the "pit" until Caturday. No vet visits or OC. Hoping it will be peacful. Give Noah a pet for me. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say "hello" to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang, and hoping today is being kind to you in the salt mines. It is Friday evening, Noah is sitting on the computer table keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. We have the big basement door open and gated off so that Noah can listen to the birds and squirrels chirping and chittering.

I'm sorry your OT for next week has you working longer in the evening. I know you enjoy getting off at 6:30. Getting out at 7 p.m. now puts you traveling home in the dark. I, for one, would not like that. I also hope the half hour longer does not throw off your bus connection schedule. If there's an upside to this at least you have been informed in advance so that you can sort of get used to and prepare yourself for the change rather than having it sprung on you at the last minute. I hope at least this is helpful to you.

I'm glad to know you are on the mend from your cold. I may need to take a Benadryl tonight from having the door open for Noah. I seem to be having a bit of a sinus attack - - eyes watering, sneezing - - typical allergies. It is that time of the year. In a little bit I will close the door, but I want Noah to have some fresh air in his lungs for a little while.

Thank you for your "uncle Tracy" hugs for Noah, and plesae give your precious Theresa and little Tang a hug from "auntie moon_beam". I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.