Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold snow covered Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to put some food out yesterday for the homeless waifs, and perhaps as the snow melts you will be able to find the other bowl. I know they are greatly appreciative of all your efforts on their behalf.

Hope weather conditions in your area are conducive to your safely traveling to work today. Although temps are now at 30 degrees with bright sunbeams there will not be much melting going on, and the temps are forecasted to take another frigid nose dive tonight lasting at least through Saturday when yet another bit of wintry whatever is supposed to come through the area.

Yesterday evening I got up the strength to make a trek to the mailbox. There wasn't any mail to collect, but I saw a partial rainbow in the western sky as the sun was setting. Very pretty. If I hadn't gone out to check the mailbox I would have missed it.

Am taking it easy today. Powered up the big desk top to do the security updates and scans which are in progress as I'm writing to you. My precious Noah is doing well. He is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cold and (Still) snow covered with more light snow falling greetings to you and your precious Noah. Sorry to hear there was no mail, but what a rare treat to see a rainbow this time of year! I have a feeling it was sent by one or more of your transitioned companions at the Rainbow Bridge.

I got to and from work today (don't know about safely) and it was a zoo blink.gif 100-300 in queue from 8:00 with no relief even when I left at 5:00. And the jerks were ALL out in force today dry.gif I have also found out they raised the EZ PAY requirements again. I didn't think much of it at first until the last 2 weeks of stats came out and I was WAY low. Turns out the whole call center is. Turns out the numbers we were doing were "artificially" inflated by all the scams and our own trouble processing payments and having to put people back on auto pay. What are the odds they KNEW that and acted accordingly to keep from having to make the pay outs? I really hate this job and desperately need a new one. At this rate I won't make ANY bonus. I'm sure that's the plan of "management".

Coming home was timely considering the environment. I went out for a round of waif feedings with another little platic bowl in tow. I saw the black and whites and "Grumpy Cat" milling around the ditch/gully under the fence. Turns out there is some kind of drainage vent (or something like it) that gives off heat. Clever little waifs. So I bent down and put the food in the little gully which they quickly attacked happy.gif I may keep putting it there going forward as it's technically not on this property.

Theresa and Tang are both well. Tang's had his shot and Theresa is curled up on a blanket I put down on the floor for her in front oh "her" heater. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, frigid sunny blustery snow covered Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I am so very sorry about how management has been able to prevent paying bonuses. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and keep your options open for other opportunities. I know this job isn't your first preference for many reasons - - but it is providing you, your precious companions, and the homeless waifs with some financial security - - which is vitally important. Until you get another job that is better than what you have now, I truly do not want to see you endure another round of unemployment.

It is very frigid here today even though the sunbeams are shining bright and cheery. Temps are just barely in the teen's range. The only "saving grace" is that the humidity levels are in the 40's which is helping to make it feel a bit warmer than what it actually is. Come Sunday we may have temps in the 50's at some point in time which will change the forecasted icy weather over to plain wet rain - - which will help to begin the melting process for the snow pack currently on the ground. I will be glad to see the earth again.

Not much happening here at the homestead today - - Noah and I are focusing on staying warm. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
moon_beam. Sunny but brutally cold (topped out at 12 today) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. We are supposed to have temps in mid 40s with rain Saturday, which will melt the snow but probably cause some flooding.

I'm sorry if you got the impression I intended to quit this job without something else to go to. I didn't realize I come across as being that foolhardy. Ironically, what I hate most about this job is knowing how much I need it. Today was a mini repeat of yesterday with 39 calls in queue when I left. But that still meant no relief for the entire day.

The trip home was timely and quiet. I stopped off and got my provisions on the way home. Today I had more reason than ever as the back roads are not plowed and the sidewalks have 2 foot snow drifts/piles on them from the plowing. This is the most snow we have gotten since 1994 blink.gif

I did manage a waif feeding tonight. The second site brought out a gray and white cat from the storm tunnel under that gully; I tried to put the food as close to him/her as I could. My little plastic take out bowl was still in the other gully and I topped it off as well. I didn't see any of that group though. I got 2 more bowls at Dollar Tree, but will wait until better weather to put them out.

Theresa and Tang are both well and have been attended to (food, water, litter, shot) Tang has inexplicably been scratching at the door to the spare room to the point I checked to see if there some sort of critter in there (there wasn't) A visit from Angel Tom maybe?

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny frigid T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your provisions last night on the way home. I know how good that feels to have that chore done so that you don't have to make a special trip - - particularly in this brutal weather - - and take time away from your precious companions when you want to spend as much of your weekend days off with them without any interruptions.

My friend, I know you have no intentions of quitting this job before you have a commitment from another employer. There are times even now when I need to remind myself of past challenges that I have experienced for encouragement that current challenges will also be conquered. I soooo know what it is like to go into a job that is totally depressing without ANY hope for anything better happening there for me - - with no one in the office offering me any encouragement at all - - which only deepened the misery - - and it beats down the spirit for sure. Having been in that position, my only desire is to try to offer you some form of encouragement as you continue in your current job - - as well as encouragement and hope for something better as you keep your options open.

Temps are supposed to rise into the 30's and 40's at some point in time over the weekend. As I'm writing to you temps are still hovering in the teens. An icy mess is forecasted for this area beginning sometime tonight and lasting through tomorrow eventually changing over to rain by Sunday.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is letting me know he is looking forward to some lunch in his bowl, so will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. cloudy and cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Thanks for the encouragement on the job. It sure sounds like you exactly what I'm going through. I must say "I hate this job" dozens of times each day. I can only hope the economy/job market improves enough for me to make a change. I'm still kicking myself for turning down the Red Cross that first time. Yeah, I can't do a 2nd shift on the bus, but I could do a 3rd - I just didn't think of it at the time.

Theresa and Tang are both well, and we enjoyed come "communal" cuddle time on the sofa earlier. With her next to me and Tang on the arm by my head. He kept sweeping his tail and it was brushing over Theresa's head happy.gif

Not much else going one. Going to check on the waifs and the mail. The food was untouched this morning, I hope they're OK. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes snowy messy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well, staying warm, and in good spirits.

Sounds like you and your precious fur tribe had a good day yesterday, and hope today is a repeat. Not much happening aroudn the homestead here today. The big desk top is going through its security updates and scan as I'm writing to you. My precious Noah is letting me know he is thoroughly disgusted with the weather and cold. I sooooo understand his complaint. Soon it will be time to get some food in his bowl which I know will bring some cheer to his sweet precious soul.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and, well, slushy, Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I don't blame either of you for your feelings about this weather. Especially so close to actual Spring.

We were supposed to have 50 degrees with periods of rain which would have washed all the snow out of here (if a bit of flooding) But what did we get? 36 with sprinkles, which has made for a big pile of slush. Add come syrup and I can set up a Slurpee stand. The aqua-seal did a fine job on my boots even it they are none too pretty. At first I though it hadn't worked as my feet felt wet. Then I realized I wasn't wearing any socks. When I got inside it was just the cold I was feeling. Not a drop of moisture on my feet or inside the boots. Going to make for some interesting travel in the morning. I think I will double up on the socks and use baggies to be safe.

I was outside to take out the trash, feed the waifs and check my mail. I've noticed a lot of straw/hay around the gully of the first colony, as well as a few empty cans of 9 Lives. Then I looked closer under to the other side the fence and saw that someone put some straw/hay into a good sized covered plastic container and cut a hole in the front. A shelter! Someone is helping. Perhaps the staff or even the manager herself because the straw/hay is the exact same kind they used for re-landscaping last year.

Theresa and Tang are well and have been excellent company providing cuddles and purring in stereo on the sofa at one point. I got a call from Banfield yesterday that Dr. Mills had to reschedule to March 7 which is a Saturday. That's OK though because I got that following Sunday off already for "spring forward". I get up early enough without having to deal with that. Getting ready to take care of the kids and other evening chores.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny melting Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news that your precious fur tribe, and you, are doing well.

So glad the sealant on your boots is working, although I'm sorry you're having to repair your boots so soon after purchasing them. May they serve you well in keeping your feet dry.

I can feel your joy finding the straw in the gully for shelter for the waifs. How wonderful that others are following your example of compassion and provision for the homeless souls.

I'm also glad your appointment with Dr. Mills was able to be rescheduled on a weekend that includes a day off for you. This indeed is very good news, and look forward to sharing with you how things go. Is this appointment for both your precious companions or a follow up for your precious Theresa from her upset tummy episode?

The sun is shining with temps in the 50's so there is some melting going on today. I hope the driveway will get a major melt from the sun and temps. Yesterday's weather added a couple of inches on top of what was already on the ground from Monday's event. When I went to get the mail yesterday evening I took my shovel with me to remove the results of the snowplow from yesterday and to shovel out around the mailbox a bit more to try to make it easier for mail to be delivered. Tomorrow temps are not to get above freezing but are supposed to improve by Wednesday when I need to make an errand run.

My precious Noah is doing well. He slept in this morning snuggled under the blankets that were warming with the help of a heating pad. He is enjoying the warmth of the space heater as I'm writing to you. Even though outside temps are in the 50's today the air still feels on the frigid side with the snow pack.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Dreary, cloudy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you have some temps that will mean a meaningful melt your way.

We, however, were not so lucky. All that water and slush from yesterday turned into a solid sheet of ice covering the parking lot far and wide. Not only could I not get 2 steps safely off the sidewalk by my stairs to get to my bus stop, I couldn't even seem to get any cabs to come my way because if it either. Down to just over 2 full sick days by my count (sigh) There is hope though. As I write this, I see out my window a man in a truck with a plow in front and salt drop in back clearing the slush/water before it can refreeze into ice tomorrow.

Theresa and Tang, of course, were delighted at what they saw as a bonus day with dad. Not that they will take that into consideration the next time I'm late coming home wink.gif But they have been wonderful company. I even asked Tang at one point how he felt about being "fictional" since (apparently according to some) neither he, Theresa, nor the waifs actually exist and I "Do not buy cat food" He just gave me a look as if to say "What do you care what others say, WE know the truth" Speaking of the waifs, I did see one of the Tuxedo cats on feeding rounds earlier, and thought I saw the others inside the shelter. It IS nice to think my deeds may have inspired kindness in others.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Cold and icy Sunday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and Tang. I hope you all are well and keeping warm. We are doing ok here.

That is so great that somebody is following in your footsteps by making a shelter for the little waifs. You are doing a kind deed by buying extra cat food for them. Fedex delivered a big bag here from Amazon today. I was surprised they would deliver on Sunday.

I am aggravated by those Starlings that have migrated back through here. For 2 or 3 days they ate the dry food on the carport and did their business on the car and all over the place. We put out less food so we didn't see them today.

Smokey was gone for a whole day and night but then came back. I thnk the young man next door took him in, because he wasn't very hungry. Smokey still comes in for can food breakfast and goes back out. I saw him go into one of the shelters yesterday. I saw Socks today but no others.

I hope you and furbabies are having a cozy evening and I hope your work week goes well in the more bitter cold we will have.
Thank you for your kind words on Mickey's Angel-versary thread. It just doesn't get much easier even with time.........God Bless...TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Similar weather greetings to you and, hubby and your cat crew.

I do hope someone has taken Smokey in even if it's just "part time" There are times I wish I was a home owner if for no other reason than to be able to provide that service. But it's a testament to your kindness that he, Socks and others still come by for food and shelter.

Sorry to hear about the Starlings. One of the reasons I only put a token amount of food behind the dumpster anymore is because I suspect it's the birds and squirrels eating it. As much as I love all animals, they are wild and do not need my help. Still, can't blame them for taking a "free meal"

I hope all is well with you folks and that you have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny above freezing some melting Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad to know you and your precious fur tribe are safe and warm these days as traveling is treacherous and temps are cold.

Sorry you had to forfeit going into work yesterday because of the treacherous weather under foot as well as on the roads, but am glad your absences are not counted against you. In my previous job if an employee missed too many days on the job - - regardless of the circumstances - - they were "written up" for disciplinary action which was placed in the personnel file which affected the employee's ability to apply for jobs within the company as well as the annual evaluation. I received a "warning" because of winter weather absences one year even though I had plenty of accrued leave to cover the absence with pay. I do NOT miss that job.

Temps are warmer today than forecasted and with the sunbeams there is some melting happening with the snow pack - - I can see earthen ground in some patches - - yea!!!! Have been working on scheduling the bill-a-thon payments for March this morning while Noah slept in tucked warmly under blankets. He has had his lunch and is keeping watch over mine as it is in the final stages of warming on the stove. May sort through the laundry basket and get a load in the machine as well.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, cold and still ICY greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both well.

I never said the time wasn't counted against me, only that I have paid time for it. I did no better today and could not even get a cab to come get me. Hopefully another day of sunshine will do the trick. I fully expect to get written up at this point. They have to before they can fire me as far as I understand the employment laws. I may not like the job, but I can't afford to lose it. But there isn't much I can do when I'm literally trapped unsure.gif (praying)

Not much gong on here. Trying not to dwell on the negative. I hope the weather improves your way as well as mine. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I truly hope and pray that you are spared any recriminations at work for your inability to travel due to the weather. Please let us know how things go.

After working on finances for most of the day yesterday I decided to wait until today to tackle the overflowing laundry basket. A load had just finished and is ready to put into the dryer. Still have about 4 more loads to do with two of them being the blankets I recently changed off the bed.

Temps are only in the 20's today with a forecast of accumulating snow for Thursday. Tomorrow I will need to make an errand run. My precious Noah is doing well keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

My friend, I hope you are able to make into work today, and that you will not experience any reprisals. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and not quite as cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. Hope all goes well with your errand run tomorrow.

I was able to make it in to work today, although the walking paths are still fairly precarious. Sunny skies and 32 degrees helped the melt some more - but it's going to be days before the really big snow banks are gone. I found out I got my request for Thursday the 5th of March off for vacation approved to go along with my Sunday the 8th - 4 days off approved next week biggrin.gif

No "reprisals" yet, but that doesn't mean they won't come. Perhaps between the massive turnover, the crazy amount of calls, and the fact I seem to have an ally of sorts in WF is making the difference. Who care as long as it works. I'll let you know if that changes though (I appreciate your concern) The bummer is I'm left with only 11 hours of sick time for the year dry.gif

Travels home were late and crowded, but otherwise uneventful. Theresa and Tang are well and were both pleased to see me and scarfed down the can food (Friskies, so my little girl is happy) I found one of my missing bowls for the waifs in the shelter and took it out for that food. I found my other one down the path seemingly from out of nowhere unsure.gif But hey, as long as they're back.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get to work yesterday reasonably safely, although I'm sorry you only have 11 hours of paid sick leave left for 2015. And I'm glad you are looking forward to some paid time off in a couple of weeks. I know you are looking forward to this, and your precious fur tribe will be ever so happy to have you home with them as well (particularly once they get home from their medical check ups).

Was able to get my errands done quickly this morning. The roads and parking lots are in good shape - - but not for long as the region is under a winter storm warning for accumulating snow beginning this evening through tomorrow morning. I may need my trusty snowblower again as the depth seems to be increasing as the forecast updates. My precious Noah was ever so glad to see me when I got home, and is now enjoying the warmth of the space heater as I'm writing to you. The big desk top is going through its security updates and scan, and should be able to shut it down before I begin to get my precious boy's lunch. Have made some good progress on the laundry basket - - I did another load yesterday evening and ran it through the dryer before lights out for the night. Still have about 2 more loads to do - - maybe 3.

Not much else happening around the homestead. The snow pack from last week's storm continues to be in the "slow melt" phase. The good news is that the the driveway here has cleared, so whatever I need to do to clear whatever accumulates during this next storm will not be affected by any remnants of last week's event.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy and slightly warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well and keeping warm. I'm about done with winter too. It's supposed to be cold again tomorrow with possible snow dry.gif

Work was busy until a little after 1:00. Then, it pretty much died. No VTO though (for me anyway, I did see many others leaving in mass) My friend that works on the Saves Team found out they are putting her back on the regular calls saying she's "too aggressive" which is preposterous because 1.) That's what the job calls for and 2.) This other guy (with no "inside voice" if you know what I mean) sounds like he's interrogating criminals. We both think "evil sup" was behind this too. They really let her get away with murder. But, the kind of discrimination she practices is hard to get anything done about. If our rolls were reversed, I'd be out the door without anything as pesky as proof being required. What a world we live in.

The ride home was late and crowded again, but at least the drivers are letting me off at the light so I can avoid that nasty snow drift. Theresa and Tang are both well and were happy to see me happy.gif They dutifully scarfed down the can food - Two nights cold Friskies too, a record for Tang. Not much else going on here. One more day to slave in the mines.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold snow covered Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you have been able to get to and from work safely with the weather conditions in your area.

It never ceases to amaze me how employers / supervisors can manipulate an employee's job performance based primarily on subjective ideas as to how they think a job "should be" done. Of course, if the employee was not agressive enough she would have been sent back to doing regular calls as well. I learned during my working years that no matter how hard I tried I never gained the "approval" of supervisors - - there was always "something wrong" with me - - and everything RIGHT with them - - in their opinion.

The biggest news here continues to be the weather. We had another snow event during the night which - - thankfully - - only left about 4 inches of wet heavy snow here at the homestead. While I was at the street clearing the curb height dam from the driveway courtesy of the snowplows, a gentleman from the local telephone company stopped to help. He cleared the entire driveway for me - - which I was going to leave to Mother Nature to melt since it wasn't a deep snow this time, and because it was a wet heavy snow it was not conducive to use the snowblower as the wet snow would simply have clogged the discharge shute. However, clearing the top layer of wet snow will help with the natural melting process and will make it easier for me to navigate to the mailbox to get the mail - - so for that I am thankful. After he left I turned my attention to clearing the two stoops from the basement doors and the area around the emergency generator. The good news is that temps are supposed to turn warmer early next week into the 40's and 50's with rain developing, so that should help with the natural melting process.

My precious Noah is doing well and is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl.

Not much else happening around the homestead. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and windy with flurries greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping warm. How nice that the man from the phone company helped you clear the snow. I guess there are a few decent people in the world.

Too bad none of them work for Gannett. Oh, there are a few sups (like mine) who want to help, but are afraid of bully "evil" sup and her ongoing path of destruction made possible, no doubt, by her perpetual threats of "discrimination" complaints. Everyone is so afraid of those these days. We had one like that at NPC (the one who "doctored" our scores) who threatened that when they busted her. The big boss (so I heard) said "Bring it. We have you dead to rights" She resigned rather than face termination and criminal prosecution. Too bad the big wigs don't have that kind of moxy these days.

Work was work. Died at 1:30 but then surged again late enough to 86 any VTO. Eh, I get off at 4:00 anyway. Travels home were timely and I did my errands on the way home. I did freeze my tush off waiting 30 minutes for cab though. But at least it came (paying cash makes all the difference I guess)

Theresa and Tang both met me at the door and noshed their can food while I put things away. Tang only ate about 1/2 of his, but his big sis finished it off. Both are well wub.gif Grumpy Cat and the Tuxedos were down at the old feeding spot for some reason as I was coming back from the 2nd colony feeding. I shook the bowl and coaxed them and they came running.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold snow covered T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your grocery errand run yesterday on your way home from work. Getting that chore done does help to make your weekend with your precious companions more enjoyable. I'm smiling at your homeless waifs responding to the "dinner call" when you shook the bowl. They are so very blessed to have you as their benefactor.

When I went to get the mail yesterday evening the driveway was completely melted, which was helpful. The turn-around was still snow packed and blocked from the pile of snow that was shovled into that area. So I got my trusty shovel and began the process of clearing that area. I'm hoping the bright sunbeams and 30 degree above freezing temps will help to finish the job.

My precious Noah is still snuggled under the blankets as I'm writing to you. He truly enjoys the blankets warmed by the heating pad.

I hope you were able to get your laundry done in a timely fashion this morning so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy the majority of this day together and will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but still cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both well and keeping warm. Chucking at Noah with the heating pad; Theresa is like that with the little heater. It is HER heater happy.gif I hope the rest of the snow melts on your path soon.

Laundry was fine although one of my favorite dryers was out of order. But nobody else was in the room so that was good. Not feeling so good today though. I probably should have waited inside the store for my cab last night - especially since I didn't have my scarf. Aches, chills, sore throat (probably from sinus drainage) I have sinus headache and mucus/cough control OTCs, I hope it's enough.

Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided good company today, although I didn't get my "stereo" purrs. Perhaps tomorrow. Not much else going on here, I think I'll lie down for a bit more. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you are feeling better today, my friend. Although the medical professionals report that a cold / flu is caused by a virus - - getting chilled lowers our immune system therefore making us more vulnerable to whatever virus is floating around at the time. Our grandparents and parents were very wise when they told us as children to "bundle up - - you don't want to catch your death of cold."

Been busy on the big desk top printing off payment receipts and checking on financials - - particularly since my insurance company's website was hacked and letters of notification have been e-mailed to victims. Have the big desk top going through its security updates and scan as I'm writing to you. My precious Noah has had his lunch and is mine is in the final stages warming on the stove.

Once again, my friend, I hope you are feeling better today so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy this day together and have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_bean. Alternating sunny/cloudy and not quite as cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm sorry to hear your insurance company's data was hacked and hope it does not cause you any trouble.

I know being exposed to the cold itself does not cause us to become ill, but it doesn't help. I thank you for your well wishes. I am somewhat better today, although my sinuses are still a bit of a challenge. I did find a packet of DayQuil in my backpack that will help stretch out my OTCs (hopefully)

It's been a low key day around here. My feeling bad coupled with Tang doing his "drama king" litter box scraping and Theresa trying so hard to literally get inside the heater she knocked it over didn't help my mood. So, there was some "fussing" right off the bat this morning. It's better now though. Both fur kids are well (if not me so much.)

This week will be short for work but busy for errands. I have a doctor appointment Thursday at 11:45 and the kids have the vet Saturday at 9:30. But I'll still have Friday and Sunday as "do nothing"

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well, - - you feeling better - - and each of you in good spirits.

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you, and am glad you will have at least two days to look forward to just spending time with your precious fur tribe.

It's cold and gloomy cloudy here today with temps still below freezing at this hour. The area was under a winter storm watch for freezing rain / sleet but from the radar it looks like the majority of the storm is traveling north and east of the homestead. Just three weeks until spring arrives on the calendar.

My precious Noah has roused from the blankets so I can now straighten up the bed a bit. He came over to me to give me his loving greetings and is now stretched out in front of the space heater as I'm writing to you.

I hope you are feeling better today so that you can go into work. The good news is that it's a short day and hopefully you will be able to endure through it so that you don't have to take anymore time off from work. It's difficult enough going to work when you're feeling well, - - I know all too well from first hand experience how difficult it is to have to muster up the energy to go into work when you're feeling on the miserable side. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy with some freezing rain greetings to you and you precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping warm. Chuckling at not being able to make the bed until he was darn good and ready happy.gif Theresa does that too sometimes. Last week I could not make the bed until I got home from work.

I don't know if it can be said I'm feeling better (but thanks for asking) Today it's sneezing and watery eyes added to the mix. I took what OTCs I had on hand and soldiered through work (which was crazy even in the 7:00 hour - "We are so awesome at delivering papers") Travels to and from were quite smooth and timely at least. On the way home I swung by Dollar Tree and picked up OTCs for everything - cough, cold, sinuses, allergies, you name it. I should have picked up a 1 LB bag of dry cat food. You see, on Sundays I come home the "long" way and walk right down the path of the waifs. That way I could have just put food out for them and not had to go in and come back out - DOH!

Theresa and Tang are both well. I had just enough Friskies in the container before opening a can of 9 Lives to keep them both happy for once. She is in front of her heater and he's curled up a few feet away with his catnip sock wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny mild melting Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope the OTC's will keep you comfortable as you recover from this upper respiratory assault. Every day is closer to feeling better - - I hope.

The sun has been shining bright and warm today so we are benefitting with a major melt of the snow pack today. It will be short lived though as temps are to plummet into the 30's for highs for the rest of the week with another chance of some winter whatever type weather for Thursday. I hope the weather in your area will not be too treacherous for your travels.

My precious Noah is doing well. We both have had our lunch and he is stretched out on my lap taking nap as I'm writing to you. Last night the local MeTV retro channel did a "memorial" for Leonard Nimoy by showing programs he starred in beginning with a Columbo episode. He starred in non-Trek movies which proved his versatility in his acting abilities. He was a consummate actor.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a bit warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping warm. I too was saddened to hear of Leonard Nimoy's passing. As I posted in FB, at least Spock lives on the "relaunch" series of Star Trek novels. He will be missed.

I'm not feeling so very much better. Usually when I get to the "allergy" stage of this, I either get better, or worse. In this case it was the latter. Unfortunately I didn't make it all the way through my shift. My sup was nice about it, but advised I was all out of "points" and will likely be subject to a verbal warning (sigh) and now only 5 hours left of paid sick time.

I did get a call earlier about an IT job but it was contact (not to hire) So much for that. Theresa and Tang were (of course) pleased to have me home early and have provided excellent companionship. Both are well and snuggled in the bed with me while I slept trying to feel better. I think the worst of it's passed and the meds I have left should carry me the next couple of days.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well - - you feeling better - - and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you are facing a verbal warning because you have needed time off. Clinical professionals have been hammering on the news reports all this flu season that employees who are not feeling well should stay home rather than infect their co-workers and supervisors. Yet employers - - including my previous health care provider employer - - penalizes employees for doing this. It doesn't make sense - - but then - - nothing much in this "modern" world makes sense to me.

I'm also sorry the job query you received was for a not-to-hire contract position. If at all possible you really don't want to get back into that scenario. Continue to keep your options open, my friend.

My precious Noah is doing well. He has roused from the blankets, offered me his greetings, and is now stretched out in front of the space heater as I'm writing to you. The weather here is forecasted to be on the very unsettled side through at least Thursday with sunbeams returning for the weekend.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rain with temps in the 60s greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well.

Well, it's not a verbal warning. Nope. It' a full blown written "final" warning. Isn't that nice? They can just skip ahead to that. So, regardless of the circumstances, if I miss any more time they can fire me. Doesn't mean they will, just that they can. Although my sup has yet to produce the document. Usually points fall off after 90 days. Here's the kicker. When they occur close together, they can skip the verbal and they can stay on a year. Sure, my sup was nice about it and has an almost cockeyed optimism that I can "beat" this. Easy for him to say. I'll say it again: What I hate most about this job is being at it's mercy mad.gif I'm guessing UE would not agree with their assessment, but I have no desire to test that. I finally got around to posting your most updated version of my resume to CareerBuilder.com. Time to start mail blasting again. I will NOT give Gannett the satisfaction of controlling my circumstances.

That being said. With the warmth and rain putting most of the snow and ice behind us, we are due to get "socked" again tomorrow blink.gif Thank goodness I'm heading into 4 days of approved off time. I may have to do some "juggling" with my personal errands though. Theresa and Tang are both well and greeted me at the door. It's Tang's "turn" for favorite flavor (9 Lives) but Theresa seems to take it in stride like the little trooper she is wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy briefly warmer Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

My friend, I am so very sorry you are now under a written "warning" about your job status. I agree with your supervisor that you can overcome this - - and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you WILL. You have overcome a lot of hurdles with this job thus far. I truly would hate to see you endure through another unemployment situation, and I'm glad to know you are pursuing other options. Please let us know how things go.

So glad your precious fur tribe are doing well. I know this takes a huge concern off your mind. l look forward to sharing your news as to how their medical check up goes this Caturday.

Have been working on the big desk top today - - some financials and now running the security updates and scans. My precious Noah is doing well. He is letting me know that it's getting time for some lunch to appear in his bowl, and I will do that when I get this posted to you. I hope the storm coming through your area today will not pose too much of a travel nightmare for you today.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Winter storm (1 inch per hour!) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you and Noah are doing well and keeping warm.

Thanks for your support and prayers that I can overcome, yet again, another hurdle on this stupid job. We had 2 team meetings about attendance today. First with our sup, and the second with the director. I have a feeling it may have been because of my comments on my write up about UE requiring more than what Gannett was offering up to deny a claim. That, and in the second meeting the director looked right at me and said "Let's say you have 9 attendance points against you for example..." (which is exactly what I have - punk) He even had the audacity to lie and say he started where we did. I know for a fact he was hired in at his current level. Some young people will believe anything. But then, that's probably why the powers that be don't like me.

With the weather you'd think they'd do like last time and let people go early. But no, they had the gall to ask people to work over (not me, than you very much) As it was I got down to the shopping center to discover both Dollar Tree and Feeder's Supply closed. The latter was important because we are low on Iams. But I think we have enough to last until my next trip or the thaw, which ever comes first. If I'm able to make the vet Caturday, I can take care of it then. The doctor's office already called to say they would be closed tomorrow. Not like I was planning on keeping that appointment with all this snow anyway (seems like we JUST got rid of it too)

I had to wait over an hour to get a cab home from Save a Lot (over 45 minutes before a driver even picked it up) I knew I should have done my running last night (sigh) A nice young man did come finally though, and I was so grateful to get home I gave a more generous tip than usual. I got in the door about 8:00 blink.gif

Theresa and Tang were happy to see me at the door, and gave me the usual "third degree" I could only humbly apologize. Both are well, which is good in case we can't make the vet this weekend. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy changing to sleet to snow Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I truly wish there were an easy "fix" to resolve the situation with your current employer. The BEST fix of course would be for you to obtain a job you really would prefer with an employer who offered you respect and acknowledgment for your experience and skills. Just keep doing the great job you're doing with this job, my friend, keep your options open, and please let us know how things go.

I'm wondering if you are at work today since your MD appointment is canceled. I hope whatever you are doing today that your travels will be safe. I can so imagine how relieved you were to FINALLY get home to your precious fur tribe yesterday evening, and although it was a very tedious errand I'm glad you were able to get your grocery shopping done last night.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Whatever you are doing today I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, that your travels are safe and expedient, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny with about a foot of snow on the ground greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping warm.

I am so not at work today. Just because the doctor's office cancelled doesn't mean I'm giving up my vacation day. I'm glad for it too under the circumstances. TARC was posting many delays on their web site. Right now the sun is shining brightly which helps with the melt even though it's cold. We are expecting temps near 50 Saturday and Sunday which will hopefully melt a significant amount of the white stuff before I have to go back to work Monday. I may not have known what was coming weather wise when I asked for these 2 days off, but it could have been better timed.

I woke up around 7:00 this morning, gave Tang his insulin, had some breakfast, surfed the internet, watched TV, read, and took an amazing long nap. Both Tang and Theresa are well and have been excellent company. They are certainly happy to have me home, that's for sure wub.gif Not much else going on.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Got snow???? blink.gif I think we got more than your area did, 15" to 19". We were in a state of emergency and people were supposed to stay home until the roads were cleared. Two guys came by and shoveled our driveway and sidewalk. It was really hard work and we paid them more than what they asked for.....The electricity took a dip this morning a little afer 6, just enough to make the electric clocks start blinking. I hope this is the last round of snow. It is pretty tho' where they made piles from shoveling, looks like giant globs of marshmallow creme.

Socks was out pretty early for breakfast this morning. Smokey didn't show up until late this afternoon. Two other big kitties showed up yesterday also. Late last night before we went to bed, I looked out on the carport to see what was out there. A big pretty yellow and white kitty was on the rug looking up at the window so pitiful. All the food was gone, so I took him some out there. I would have felt terrible if I hadn't fed him.

Have a warm and cozy night with your sweet furbabies.....God Bless.....TTFN

LMM

P.S. Moon_beam, I saw the Columbo episode with Leonard Nimoy last Sunday night. I love my Columbo. smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM.

They plowed our lot and shoveled our walks but it's still nasty. Laundry in the morning ought to be fun (not) I'm so glad to be off until Monday when most of this should be out of here.

Glad to hear Socks, Smokey, and othesr came around for your kindness. I hear you on the other cat. I would have felt the same. This afternoon taking out the trash and checking mail, I pulled my bowls from the snow and refilled them. Trying to put them in accessible spots. Just a while ago, I looked out the sliding door to see the 2 Tuxedos and maybe one of the Siamese mixes milling about the old spot on and around a bench. I hope they found the food I out on the straw by the drain gait. I feel so bad for them sad.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well and relaxing for the night. I hope all is well with you and yours. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you were able to be home yesterday during the height of the winter storm, and hope your trek to and from the laundry room are safe today.

Not much happening around the homestead today. We do have ground cover of snow / sleet but nothing that has to be shoveled - - the sunbeams and warmer temps over the weekend will provide the clearing just fine. Next week I will have some errands to do - - grocery run and perhaps taking my Husqvarna mower in for service. My precious Noah is doing well - - eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl.

I hope your and your precious companions' travels tomorrow for their check up will go smoothly, my friend, and will look forward to sharing your news as to how things go. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping warm.

The trek to and from the laundry room was a bit dicey to say the least. The plowing yesterday left a film that turned into ice. It also created near impassible snow/ice banks next to the sidewalks the maintenance guys worked so hard to clear. But as I look out now, I can see whole actual dry strips of parking lot. While it's only 30 degrees, the sun is shining brightly helping along a good melt. The next 2 days it's supposed to be the same with temps in the mid/upper forties, which should complete the melt nicely. The forecast all next week is in the mid to upper fifties. I am so done with winter.

I called the vet and rescheduled to next Caturday. I really feel the real melt won't take place until about this time tomorrow, and I have no desire to "fight" with the cab company on transport as I have had to here lately. Beside, this way I will not have to make a special trip to get my RX filled since I rescheduled my Dr. appointment to Next Friday. Yeah, it means no "do nothing" days next week, but at least I can now really enjoy my mini vacation this week. I can actually stay up tomorrow night to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Retro TV in real time happy.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well, if not suffering from a bit of cabin fever (been weeks since I could open the sliding doors) Soon it will be spring (or at least spring like) and they can have balcony time again. I can also get back to a more regular feeding schedule for the waifs.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny balmy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to reschedule your precious companions' check ups to next week - - that takes the stress off you of having to determine if travel is safe enough - - including the parking lot at Banfield.

My precious Noah was up before me this morning - - I got up shortly after I felt him rouse from underneath the blankets and get down off the bed. Had some financials to take care of and now the big desk top is going through its security scan. The sunbeams are shining bright and cheery today, and earlier this morning as I was getting dressed for the day the birds sounded like they were singing "yahoo!!!!" for the sunshine and warmer temps. Me too!!!! Have also begun the process of turning the clocks up one hour in preparation for daylight savings time. Can't believe it's time for the time change already.

It's a pleasant day here for my precious Noah and me, and I hope the same is true for you and your precious fur tribe. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and almost warm (46) Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and enjoying the sunbeams and the wildlife that goes with it.

As I look out over the parking lot, all snow but the die hard spots and banks from the plow are gone or melting. Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and even warmer. With the sun shining so bright, it feels much warmer than it is. It's 75 in my apartment with no help but the sunbeams in the windows. So, I opened up the sliding doors. So far, only Theresa has ventured out and was sniffing and pawing at the leftover snow happy.gif looking back at me as if to say "What is this stuff, daddy?"

It's been a low key and relaxing day with me, Theresa and Tang whom are both doing well. I'm not sure if I'll set the clocks ahead tonight or tomorrow. All I know is I'm glad I don't have to go to work for one more day.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur tribe are enjoying this dedicated time together - - no errands to detract from it. I'm so smiling at your precious Theresa's reaction to the snow on the balcony. And I'm glad you and your precious companions have this day to adjust to the change to daylight savings time without having to deal with the abrupt "reality" having to go to work today.

Not much happening around the homestead today. Sunbeams are shining bright and cheery and temps are in the upper 50's today - - sooooo nice.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah as well. I hope you are both doing well today.

Nearly all the snow has melted today as we made it all the way up to 54. I allowed for balcony time which Theresa especially enjoyed rolling around and pointing her belly up to the sunbeams happy.gif Tang sniffed around but only stepped out briefly, preferring to stay close to me.

Not much going on around here. It's been a wonderful 4 days off, but (alas) I have to go back to that horrible place tomorrow (sigh) The kids are both doing well at least. Not much going on here either.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your precious Theresa enjoyed herself on the balcony yesterday. I'm so smiling at your precious Tang's preference to "hang out" with his dad.

The forecast for tomorrow is rain, but I'm hoping it won't be a heavy rain so that I can do my grocery errand tomorrow. Have been working on my grocery list this morning in preparation for the trek tomorrow - - rainy or not as after today rain seems to be the weather word for this week beginning tomorrow. At least it's just wet rain - - nothing frozen.

The birds are singing bright and cheery and my precious Noah is enjoying their songs, as am I, as I'm writing to you. I hope you are able to go outside for a few minutes during your lunch break so that hopefully you can enjoy the sounds of Nature to help restore your spirit just a little before resuming your work. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy but warmer and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Rain is headed our way too for the rest of the week looks like. I hope it's not too bad for your errands.. I'm glad you both could enjoy nature's symphony today.

What a Monday. The usual volume, jerks etc. On top of that I get singled out in an email by my sup for after call work and hold times (he swears I wasn't though; his credibility is pretty thin these days as far as I'm concerned) And my score for the first week of the period is down to 2.55 mad.gif I really don't think my metrics being down (like saves down by 1/2) is an accident. I think higher forces than "evil sup" are at work here. (ahem, director who's been snide since my comments on my attendance write up) Sure, I have overcome this before, and maybe I can again. The real question (long term anyway) is it really worth the effort and aggravation since they will just keep throwing me under the bus any chance they get? It's truly time to step up my efforts to get out of there. Where is the justice in the universe when these idiots can just get away with this kind of stuff?

No I was not able to get outside on lunch to recharge. Only 2 things do that for me. Coming home to greetings from Theresa and Tang (whom are both well) and putting out food for the waifs and seeing them eat. These are the things of pure goodness that make me feel like I matter and make a difference that nobody can take away from me.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy rainy warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I truly am sorry things have become more difficult for you at work. Just keep doing the great job you're doing and continue to keep your options open for opportunities elsewhere. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

It's always a blessing sharing your news how your precious fur tribe is doing, and how things are going in your efforts to care for the homeless waifs. These ARE positives in your life, my friend.

Got a little later start to the grocery errand this morning but thankfully was able to get checked out without having to wait in line as this is "senior saving" day. The rain has been light so far today and did not affect the grocery errand. Since rain is forecasted to be the weather event of the week I will wait to take the mower in for service. So this means I will be home with my precious boy for the rest of the week without any interruptions. Now that the temps have become warmer my precious Noah is resuming his treks upstairs for some private quiet time. He has had his lunch and is stretched out in front of the space heater as I'm writing to you. The timer on the stove is letting me know my lunch is now ready so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you were able to get in and out of the store without too much trouble.

Work was.....You know what? How about I don't even talk about that. Not that anything particularly bad happened, it's just that I can't remember the last time I didn't run out of there at the end of the day not feeling completely disgusted dry.gif

My bus home was a bit more on time, but with the downtown construction delays, the end result as to when I got home was the same. Theresa and Tang were both there to greet me though, and that always makes the day a little brighter wub.gif Both are well and scampering about as I have the windows open letting some fresh spring air in here. Looking particularly up to mischief, I ask them what's up and they both looked up at me as if to say "It's a secret, Daddy" happy.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you didn't have any lengthy delays getting home to your precious fur tribe and homeless waifs yesterday. I know having your precious companions brings great joy to you, and they are forever blessed to have you for their Forever Dad.

Have been busy doing the security updates on both the lap top and desk top today. The big desk top is now going through its bi-weekly security scan and after that I can shut it down for the day. Noah is doing well - - he has had his lunch and is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. The timer on the stove is letting me know my lunch is now ready so will get this off to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you doing well and am glad to hear Noah is doing well.

I didn't get home on time yesterday. My bus, while on time, still got caught up in downtown traffic and I still ended up 15-20 minutes late and tonight it was late and caught up in traffic. It never ends (Sigh)

The calls stopped around 1:00 but no VTO was offered. Or, I should say "I" wasn't offered any. I put in for Easter Sunday off and the proceeding Thursday for another mini vacation. So far, only the Thursday has been approved.

Only Tang met me at the door and I found Theresa lounging on the bed getting sunbeams. This is day 3 of him not wanting can food (9 Lives which he used to love) Only thing I know to do is back of a day or 2 and see if he wants it then. I'm sure not going to open a new can every night huh.gif At least they both agreed some balcony time was good.

Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your request for the Thursday day off has been approved - - that's something to look forward to. Being a part time employee with my previous employer it took me 11 years to build up my personal time off to the point where I could take an extended weekend every two months - - providing, of course, my requests were approved for the days off I wanted - - as opposed to having to "re-schedule" my requests for the preference of one of the full-time employees.

Not much happening around the homestead yet today. The sunbeams are shining bright and cheery, the birds and squirrels are happy to have sunbeams, and my precious Noah is still slumbering under the blankets as I'm writing to you. The sunbeams at the moment are a brief respite from the clouds and rain which are to return tonight and last through Saturday sometime. At least the temps are to remain in the 40's so there won't be any frozen whatever to deal with.

Have some e-mails to get caught up with so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both well, and am glad to hear you could enjoy nature's symphony once again today.

It was a slow day for calls overall, but not enough for any early releases. But I get off at 4:00 anyway. I managed to catch an 18 mall bus that was running a bit late giving me more time at the shopping center run some errands. I was able to hit the Feeder's Supply for Iams for my kids and the Dollar Tree. I didn't have time to hit Save a Lot for food for the waifs, but I did pick up a small bag at Dollar Tree so I could feed them on my way in and not have to make a special trip.

Tomorrow I have the Dr. appointment and Big Lots is just down the street and I get get cheap food for the waifs there. The rest I will get at Kroger during the vet check ups on Caturday. Since I have to cab it both ways, I like to get the most "bang" for my buck.

I got in at about 5:45 to Theresa and Tang's delight happy.gif Both are well and full of playful energy. With pleasant breezy conditions, I allowed some balcony time. Tang was "stalking" something, but I could not see what. Before I let them out, a dove lit down on my railing and cooed for a bit. Not much else happening here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.