Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold with snow greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear you got your stamp collection sorted out and that your volunteer was there to help as well.

Provisioning the waifs this morning I saw Siamese and White Cat at their respective territories; both were quite vocal as well.

Tang was in good spirits this morning even though we didn't have any real cuddle time before work. But that turned out to be OK. Due to the inclement weather and very low call volume, they were granting early release - with PTO. I guess they figure it's money they won't have to give us on our final checks.

Tang met me at the door when I walked in just after 3:30. He didn't seem all that surprised to see me either. Perhaps he's becoming psychic blink.gif

We're going to have some cuddle time before it's time for his supper. He seems well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold 30-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sooooooo glad you got an early release yesterday for your travels homeward - - with pay. I know you appreciated the opportunity to get home early - - hopefully before the weather got too nasty.

Was able to get the errand to the post office completed early this morning while my precious Noah slumbered under blankets. He was still under blankets when I returned home. This gave me an opportunity to schedule payments for a couple of bills. I'm glad I made the errand run today as the region here is under a winter weather warning beginning tonight into tomorrow for snow accumulations between 3 to 5 inches in some areas. I'm hoping the homestead here will be in the lower accumulation zone. I'm hoping I won't have to call anyone to do any clearing on the driveway.

My precious Noah started the day around 11:30 a.m. and came to the computer desk to greet me. He is enjoying the warmth of his personal space heater as I'm writing to you.

Today is F R I D A Y and I know you're already counting down the hours and minutes until you're able to begin your trek home to your precious Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but bitterly cold (16) TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear you were able to get your errands done and back to you precious boy.

I didn't see any waifs this morning, not that I expected to with it still lightly snowing and bitterly cold. But I still braved it down to my bus stop and guess what? It (the bus) never came mad.gif After an hour of of waiting with numb toes and fingers (even with boots and gloves) I called TARC and was informed "Sorry the bus broke down and we don't have one to replace it." They are not just mismanaged, they are criminally mismanaged.

So I made my way back home and texted my sup and called the attendance line to leave a message. By this time it was after 7:30 and I knew Save a Lot opened at 8:00. So, since it's a high in the low teens tomorrow, I made my way to the Fern Valley bus stop to get tomorrow's stuff out of the way.

So, down side another missed day of work (like I could help it - wasn't going to walk 2 plus miles in this weather and cabs are out for now) Up side is more time with Tang and only laundry tomorrow. That and I'll get paid since it's a new year.

I've just given Tang his supper and will get his insulin when I'm done here. He is well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy snowy frigid 20-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I can soooo understand your aggravation and frustration with TARC. At least you were able to get your errands done yesterday so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy most of this weekend together. Hopefully you will have a better transportation schedule - - and reliability - - with your next job.

It seems the winter weather forecast here is right on target this time, unfortunately. There are about 6 inches of snow on the ground which will need to be removed in some form or fashion from the driveway and front steps. I called the handyman this morning and he will be here sometime tomorrow to start the process. So we'll see what happens and how much it costs. I'm so glad I did the post office errand yesterday.

My precious Noah and I enjoyed a nice snuggle under blankets this morning. He finally roused for the day around 10:15 a.m.. Not much happening around the homestead today.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a very blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but very cold (low to mid teens) Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm sorry to hear you had so much snow dumped on you. I hope your handyman is able to remove it quickly at a low cost.

I got up at 5:30 to my alarm this morning and got my laundry ready. I then went to put food out for the waifs although none showed at the time.

I got the laundry room to myself which was nice. But when I went to change my clothes over to the dryer, I got a heartbreaking scene. While my clothes were on "fluff" I heard a familiar cry and it was White Cat picking at an empty take out container. As I was trying to soothe her telling about the food by the fence, Bobtail came over. I kept telling him to go keep White Cat warm, but he followed me - all the way to the laundry room. I started pulling my hang to dry things out of the dryer and his nose was pressed against the glass with sad eyes and ears down sad.gif So I let him in for the time I was hanging those clothes. I would have been happy to let him stay in there after I was done, but what if the next person to do laundry was a "hater"? I felt like such a heel making him go back out again sad.gif I still wonder if I should have let him stay in there.

The rest of the day was pretty much a bore. Breakfast (shared with Tang) a little reading, channel surfing, and amazingly long naps with cuddles from Tang.

Sidebar about Tang. He's been doing some odd things lately. Like constantly looking out the sliding doors. He never did that before Theresa passed over the Bridge, and that was more her thing anyway. Then last night as I was looking for him before my shower and not finding him in any of his usual spots, I saw him laying down on the towel from Theresa's carrier I had spread out on top of it with the carrier wide open. He saw me for a second and looked like he was wondering if it was OK.

He's had his supper and is, you guessed it, looking out the sliding doors. He seems to be doing well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a mist pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold snow packed teen only temps Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine how you're feeling about having to put Bobtail back outside in the cold after letting him come into the laundry room with you. There is no doubt in my mind that he totally understands the circumstances and was glad to have the pleasure of your company if only for just a few minutes. I'm sure both he and White Cat rejoined the rest of the community waifs and everyone is doing well. They continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how the community tribe is doing.

Your precious Tang is blessed to have your comforting reassurance when he's missing his beloved Theresa's company. Perhaps he felt his sister's presence and was trying to let you know by doing things your princess Theresa would do.

It has been a very welcome low key lazy day here staying underneath a warm comforter with a heating pad to warm the blanket and my precious Noah snuggled next to me. We have been enjoying plenty of snuggles and naps this afternoon. Soon it will be time to get my precious boy his dinner and get settled in for the evening.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a very blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad you were both able to keep warm. Winter isn't my favorite season either.

Last night I was feeling bad about White Cat and Bobtail, so I bundled up and took a small cup of kibbles and a paper bowl of a generic can of food I had up in the cupboard out and put them under a bush by the pool closer to where I have seen them lately. This morning both were essentially gone.

This morning I saw Siamese and Little Gray in their respective territories while putting out the food. I thought Little Gray was a "hater" at first when I heard the leaves crack, but it was just her.

I then came in and took care of Tang - food, water, litter and insulin. Then I laid back down until just before 10:00. I had a bite to eat and read. Then Tang and I snuggled up on the couch with a comforter and zoned out to some TV.

I thought about Tang feeling Theresa's presence lately as he goes to places that were hers, including by the front door as of last night. I wonder why I didn't feel her presence though. But maybe that's why Tom's picture kept falling off the wall by the computer until I got some new tape and secured it better. Maybe they are both trying to reach me wub.gif wub.gif

It's about time to get Tang his supper and insulin and get ready to settle in for the night. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny frigid snow packed 20-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Siamese and Little Gray yesterday during your provisionings. I know the community waifs appreciate everything you do for them. They are in my thoughts and prayers that they are warm and safe. Please let us know how they're doing.

I can't help but chuckle a little bit about your beloved Sir Thomas' picture falling off the wall. They do find a way to "communicate" with us to get our attention and let us know their sweet Living Spirit is still with us - - even though we may not "feel" their presence.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. While my precious Noah slumbered under blankets I managed to get a couple of projects done with my scanner and loaded onto disk. It has been awhile since I last used it and it took me awhile to "remember" how to use it. It's a very old scanner hooked up to my very first computer. I keep it because it has a long scanbed which newer scanners don't have, and I needed the longer scanbed today. And because it's so old I know this scanner wouldn't work on my current computer because of the very old software. My precious boy finally emerged from blankets around 10:30 a.m., and joined me at the desk to greet me.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cold (but not bitterly so for a change) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your old scanner still works; makes me think of the line they don’t make them like they used to.

I didn’t see any waifs provisioning this morning – at first. The back path is still kind of icy so I came back around the front way. I was walking by the office when I must have spooked poor White Cat in the bushes. I’m starting to feel a connection with her even though she’s so skittish. Perhaps it’s because she kind of reminds me of Theresa. I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for them as always.

Tang was in fairly good spirits this morning if a tad cranky. He never likes Monday mornings any better than I do – especially after being spoiled the last two. There wasn’t much snuggle time but he faithfully kept me company while I was getting ready to go. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume was slow for the first part of the day, but has been “spiking” since lunch. You guessed it – tier 1 transfers. To be fair this job has been better than most of the ones I’ve had over the past 7 years, but there are things about it I will not miss.

I’m just counting down my time until this first workday is over and I can think about getting home to my precious boy. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:46 dry.gif It never ends with this jerk (sigh) Tang met me excitedly at the door though, so that lifted my mood a little. He gobbled up his supper and is by my feet as I update here. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, somewhat sunny forecasted to be rainy at some point in time finally above freezing 30-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Poor little timid White Cat. Hopefully in time she will come to know she can trust you. All the community waifs are in my thoughts and prayers.

Received an email this morning from my Thursday volunteer. Can't remember if I mentioned it before - - last week someone hit my mailbox of 5 months. This is a new record as there is usually a 2 year interval between mailbox "events." The volunteer asked if she and her husband could come by sometime today to check the mailbox and see if something could be done to stabilize it. I called her to thank her for the offer, and so at some point in time they will be here - - just don't know when.

Unfortunately when I got up this morning I managed to disturb my precious Noah, so he got up early as well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Don't have anything major on the agenda for today. Just looking forward to seeing all this snow disappear.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m so sorry to hear your mailbox was hit again so soon after it having been repaired. I hope your volunteers can help you with that.

Thank you, as always, for your thoughts and prayers for the waifs. While putting out the food at the far end this morning I saw one of the Tux boys again. I still can’t decide if it’s Senior, Other or a new one altogether. Heading out for the bus I saw Siamese running like the devil himself was after him/her but saw no pursuers. I hope he/she is alright unsure.gif

Tang was in fairly good spirits this morning and we managed to squeeze in some snuggle time, although probably not enough to suit him. He kept me company while I readied for work just the same. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume is ridiculously high from tier 1 with average hold time of 5 minutes or more. I am SO not going to miss these VXI (outsource company) clowns. Let them be HQ call center’s problem when they finally close us down. I swear I’m ready. The thought of the severance and bonus is the only thing keeping me halfway sane.

I am now just mentally counting down my time (while on a download call) until lunch, then break and finally the end of another day. Then I can think about getting home to my precious boy. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant and warm evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:45 (sigh) I saw Little Gray briefly coming in and Tang met me at the door as usual. He's had his supper and, being that it's 63 out and not raining, some balcony time. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny sometimes cloudy "tropical heat wave" 60-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I understand so very well how you're feeling about not missing most aspects of your current job. I hope you will be able to find a suitable new job before this one "expires" but it helps to know you will get some sort of a financial "bonus" in case you have to stay until the lights are turned out. Please let us know how things go.

So chuckling about Siamese's "high tailing" it from - - or to - - wherever he / she was or was going to. Am glad you saw one of the Tux boys yesterday as well during your provisioning, as well as Little Gray on your travels home.

Today has been eventful. My volunteer and her husband called me from the local hardware store this morning to discuss prices on the mailboxes the store had in stock. We decided on one, and then about an hour or so later they came to install the mailbox. It's nothing pretty by any stretch of the imagination but it's functional - - at least until this one gets hit.

My precious Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know mine is now ready so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Unseasonably warm, windy and rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad your volunteers were able to install a new mailbox – even if it isn’t pretty. I hope this one lasts for a while.

This morning while provisioning I saw Siamese again – and he/she ran away again. I don’t know what’s up with him/her wacko.gif The verdict is in on the mystery tux boy. It’s Junior. I saw him atop the fence this morning (his thing) and he leapt down in a single bound and followed me to the 2nd feeding area, chatting all the way. Getting a better look at him, I know he’s who I have been seeing the past few days; he’s just gotten bigger. It never ceases to amaze me how he (and Senior) can disappear for days or weeks at a time and then show up looking as good or better than when I saw them last. Putting food in the 3rd spot under the bushes by the pool seems to catching on pretty well too.

Tang was in good spirits this morning if a bit his usual fussy self at my having to go to work. We didn’t have much snuggle time, but he kept me faithful company while I got ready to go. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Thanks for the support on whatever my next job might be. I’d love another non-phone work clerical gig like the all too short lived one at AIG a while back. The UE won’t be a lot but between that and the “cushion” I should be able to get by fine until I can find something that works well for me rather than jumping at the first thing that comes along. Ever since posting the updated resume you sent me online I have been getting calls and emails, but so far only from marginally reputable temp agencies dry.gif

I’m just counting down my time until the end of my next to last work day of the week. Then I can think about getting home to my precious boy. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:44 - albeit a bit wet. Tang met me at the door as usual wub.gif He's had his supper and taking his evening "bath" He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy dampish 60-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you will have some financial cushion to rely on should you be unable to acquire another job before this one ends. Hope you will begin to receive queries from more reputable agencies / employers. Please let us know how things go.

It's a low key day here with my precious Noah by my side keeping me faithful company. I managed to start the day without disturbing him, so while he enjoyed peaceful slumbers I worked on a few quiet type projects on the big desk top. Printed off my bank statement so I will be working on reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement sometime over the next few days. My precious boy emerged from blankets around 10:30 a.m. and joined me at the computer to greet me and start the day. Although there is a potential for some freezing rain / sleet late tonight, early tomorrow, thankfully there is no major winter weather in the foreseeable forecast, and temps are remain above freezing.

As always I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and gloomy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

This morning while provisioning, I saw Siamese who not only appears to be back to normal, but didn’t once duck under the fence; just waited for me to put the food down. Coming up to the 3rd spot I saw White Cat sitting patiently looking almost serene. Whatever has had them tense appears to have abated it would seem.

Tang was in good spirits this morning since we were able to get about 30 minutes of snuggle time. I needed too as I’m always beat by the end of the week. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Right now I’m just counting down my time until this day and week is over. I hope we get no more than a little freezing drizzle (or snow even) this afternoon as I realized upon boarding the bus this morning that I forgot my umbrella at home ohmy.gif I have to go to the bank in addition to the Dollar Tree before going home.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:15 biggrin.gif No the bus wasn't early. I was standing at the bus stop closest to Dollar Tree as I didn't think I'd make it to my regular stop in time. I saw a truck go by, back up and turn around. It was a guy that works in a dept a row over from me offering me a ride. Turns out he lives not far from my bus stop to go home.

Tang met me st the door somewhat surprised tongue.gif He's had his supper and is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy dampish chilly 40-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

How nice that a friendly co-employee stopped to give you a ride home with you provisions. Your beloved Sir Thomas and Theresa brought the "timing" together just right for you yesterday evening. I'm sooo glad for you.

Am also glad to share your news that both Siamese and White Cat were more "settled" yesterday during your provisionings. It's always a blessing sharing your news as to how the community waifs are doing.

While my precious Noah enjoyed sweet slumbers under blankets this morning I managed to work on the project of reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement. When I was finishing up my precious boy joined me at the desk to greet me and keep me company. Need to get a load of laundry in the washing machine so will do that after I get this sent off to you.

The forecasted freezing rain / sleet stayed to the north of the region overnight and early this morning. It's nice looking outside today and not seeing any snow, sleet, etc., on the ground. Just 9 more weeks until spring - - I can hardly wait.

I hope you were able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together and will have a very blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I too just did some bank reconciling and was afraid I'd be sunk before next paycheck (rent and late fee came out of this one) Because Banfield is doing a double payment for Tang's wellness this month to help me out from last month (no payment) But it doesn't come out until the 28th and I get paid on the 27th. Still struggling though and the irony is I probably won't be able to pay my rent on time until the bonus money comes in.

This morning while provisioning I saw Siamese but only because I looked over my shoulder and the sound of cracking leaves after I put the food down. Coming out of the laundry room after starting my wash I spooked poor Tux Sr. But I went looking for him during my dryer fluff period. I found him sitting most serenely on a bench leading to the covered area they hang out in. He let me pet him and gave me an honest to goodness "high five" He reached up with his paw, spread out his pads and touched my palm happy.gif He then jumped down and sauntered off in true stray cat strut fashion. But as he went he looked over his shoulder as if to say "Thanks for the help, I've got this"

I took care of Tang's needs between the washing and drying cycles. Per my latest routine, I made my way to the 2nd bus stop on Fern Valley to go to the store only to find people already there dry.gif So I turned around to go to my original stop that appeared empty. But only for a couple minutes. Then came annoying security guard. At least he had some GF in tow to keep him distracted.

I returned from my grocery errand at about 9:10. There was a steady light rain the whole way, but I managed to keep somewhat dry thanks to a rain poncho I purchased at Dollar Tree last night (I too thought of my angels looking out for me at that bus stop) It's not much more than a flimsy shower curtain with arm holes and a hood but it kept my head dry.

The rest of the day has been spent relaxing with Tang; a fair portion of it in the big bed. He curled up on a pillow by my head and purred us both to sleep; not moving from that spot for the duration of our nap wub.gif He's had his supper and is settling in. He is well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. I hope the winter storms continue passing you by too. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny 40-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Siamese yesterday and Tux Sr. How wonderful that Tux gave you his approval of all that you do for him and the community tribe. I know you will cherish Tux Sr's "high five". It's so heartwarming sharing your news as to how the community waifs are doing.

I'm chuckling at your description of the rain poncho but am glad it served its purpose in keeping you reasonably dry during your errands. I'm so smiling at your precious Tang "lullabying" you to sleep with his purrs.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. I know I mentioned this yesterday but I can't help saying it again - - it sure is nice looking out the windows and not seeing any wintry whatever on the ground. This time last week it was bitterly frigid cold outside with several inches of snow on the ground. It's nice to have temps back up in the 40s and 50s as are forecasted for this week.

My precious Noah is doing well. He started the day around 10 a.m. this morning. We have had our greetings and he's enjoying the warmth of his personal space heater as I'm writing to you. Have a book to read that my volunteer gave me. I'm looking forward to settling down with my precious boy and reading a few chapters.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear you can look out your window and not see snow and ice.

This morning's provisioning brought Siamese at the 1st area (stealthy as ever) and Little Gray at the 3rd - carefully loping over from the "shelter" to see if it was indeed the "food man"

Then I came in to take care of Tang's needs (food, water, litter and insulin) I was going to lay back down, but by this time it was after 7:00 and I had some breakfast instead - sharing a few bites with Tang of course.

The rest of the day has been low key. Reading, watching TV and amazingly long naps. I'm starting to think I'm part cat as much as I sleep on the weekends. But then I think how little I get during the week. I really hope my next job has a batter work/life balance in terms of the commute.

Speaking of which, it's time to get my mindset on returning to work tomorrow (sigh) My next (and last on this job) paid holiday is 02/20 President's Day and a 3 day weekend. One must always have something to look forward to.

Tang has had his supper and I will need to get his insulin before long. He is doing well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy gloomy coolish 40-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Siamese and Little Gray yesterday during your provisionings. I smile when you share with us that you see one, or more, of the community waifs watching / waiting for you. They know who you are, my friend, and they know they can trust you. This is a testimony of your dedicated kindness and compassion to them.

Indeed, I can so relate to what you share with us "My next (and last on this job) paid holiday is 02/20 President's Day and a 3 day weekend. One must always have something to look forward to." I remember so very well when I was employed how I "lived" for Fridays, holidays, paid days off, etc.. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your next job will indeed be one of your preferences with an easier commute. Please let us know how things go with your job search.

I am hoping you were able to get you precious Tang's insulin prescription switched over to the new Walmart in your area without any problems as I know you have preferred Walmart to any other supplier. I'm always glad to share your news that your precious boy is doing well with his injections.

While my precious Noah enjoyed sweet slumbers this morning I was able to get an order placed with Walmart and got a couple of bills scheduled for payment. During this week I will need to work on the bill-a-thon for February's payments. My precious Noah joined me at the computer desk around 10:30 a.m. to greet me and start the day. He is enjoying the warmth of his personal space heater as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I saw no waifs this morning but I thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Perhaps it was an omen though as a stomach bug kept me home today. I sometimes wonder if I will ever be fully recovered from that health crisis that landed me in the hospital.

Tang was certainly glad for my presence though. He has stayed by my side and never missed an opportunity to cuddle when I would put a pillow on my tummy and chest. He does not require a RX for his insulin and I picked up a bottle a few weeks or so back. I'm pretty sure I posted about that.

In a while it will be time for his supper and evening insulin. He seems to be doing well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy dampish 40-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday. Food poisoning takes a long time to completely heal from so it's important that you continue to drink plenty of fluids and be careful what you eat. I hope you're feeling better today.

I'm glad to know you don't need a prescription for your precious Tang's insulin. When my precious Noah was diagnosed with diabetes I had to take a prescription for his insulin to the pharmacy before I could get it. Not having to have a prescription certainly simplifies your being able to get his insulin wherever you want.

This morning while my precious Noah snuggled under blankets I worked on the bill-a-thon. Now I just need to begin scheduling payments. Next Tuesday I'll need to make a quick errand to the post office to mail the payments I can't make online. My precious Noah emerged from his sweet slumbers around 10:30 a.m. and joined me at the desk to greet me and start the day. Not much else happening around the homestead today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and somewhat warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Still out today. Feeling a little better, but better safe than sorry. I did get outside long enough early this morning to provision the waifs though. I saw Siamese and White Cat (briefly)

Tang has been by my side the whole day which has been nice. Since it's been fairly warm I've let him have some balcony time too. He seems to be well.

Sorry for the brevity of this post. I hope today is being kind to you an Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy 50-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were feeling better yesterday although still needing the extra day from work. Hope you don't receive any negative responses when you go back.

Today has been busy with chores and sorting through my order from Walmart and getting things put away where they need to be. One more item needs to be delivered and the order will be complete. My precious Noah and I had a nice sleep in this morning. When I was finished getting ready for the day my precious boy roused from underneath blankets to greet me and keep my company with the chores. He is now letting me know that it's time for some lunch in his bowl, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and coolish greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad to hear you have received most of your Walmart order and hope the rest comes soon. Anything interesting?

I was feeling well enough to go to work today (would need a doctor’s note for 3 days) No push back and my sup put in the PTO promptly when asked. Knock wood, I didn’t think I would have any push back either with enough people quitting that they offered the 2500.00 bonus.

This morning while provisioning I saw Siamese at the first spot and White Cat at the second (on my way out again) White Cat started to run away at my approach but stopped at the planter when I said good morning to her.

Tang was in good spirits this morning although snuggle time was limited. But this was because I needed to leave early to catch the first bus to get him more Iams Senior at Kroger I had meant to do Monday. Besides, he had the last 2 whole days with me at home rolleyes.gif More on how he’s doing when I get home.

I’m just counting down my time until the work day is over (I’m actually looking forward to my 60 day letter) so I can think about getting home to my precious boy. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:34. Coming in I had a bit of a mixed bag. I saw not 1 but 2 stray dogs looking lost and scared sad.gif I hope they get rescued and their "dumpers" severely beaten down with bad Karma. But I also saw Tux Sr and Bobtail - have not seen them together in some time. Tang met me at the door and has had his supper and insulin. It was just warm enough to allow him a few minutes of balcony time too. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 50-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you were feeling well enough to go to work yesterday, and hope you were able to get some good rest last night to restore your strength. How nice that you saw Siamese, White Cat, Tux Sr, and Bobtail yesterday during your provisioning / travels. It's nice to know the "old timers" are still with the community.

Today has been a quiet one around the homestead. My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle in this morning after his breakfast. He finally emerged from blankets around 10:30 a.m. to greet me and start the day. My volunteer left about 15 minutes ago. The timer on the stove is letting me know my lunch is now ready. Thankfully I was able to get Noah his lunch before she arrived.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mild and occasionally rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope your volunteer was able to assist with whatever you needed done today.

I saw my usual waifs today provisioning – Siamese and white Cat. Unfortunately I also saw one of the dogs from last night as I was making my way to the bus stop. I hope the manager noticed the poor thing today and was able to get help from her contacts at Shamrock. If I see them again, I will give her a heads up.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we managed just over ½ an hour of snuggles to his delight. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

I’m just counting down my time until my shift is over; with a splitting headache. I never used to get headaches during the day until I started dealing with these VXI idiots. This too will pass (eventually) Thinking about getting home to my precious boy helps a little.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:35 - reasonably dry thanks to my boots, umbrella and "shower curtain" poncho. Tang was eagerly awaiting my arrival at the door as usual wub.gif He's had his supper and insulin and is settling in. He is well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, rainy, damp chilly 40-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels home yesterday were dry regardless of the rain with your boots, umbrella, and poncho. Sounds like you have a good combination of weather protection.

I share your sadness about the abandoned dogs, and hope they will be rescued to a place where they can be cared for while they seek a new forever home. Please let us know how they're doing, along with the community waifs.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah had a nice snuggle under blankets while I got ready for the day until the phone rang and disturbed his sweet slumbers. Because the weather is damp today he is especially enjoying the warmth of personal space heater.

I know you are already looking forward to the time when you can clock out and begin your travels home to your precious Tang to begin enjoying the weekend together. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and mild TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I didn’t see either of the dogs this morning. I did see Siamese while putting out the food and again on my way back out; White Cat too on the latter. There was a man walking his 2 dogs though and showing just a bit too much "interest" in poor Siamese. I shouted “HEY! Don’t even think about it!” and that had him promptly on his way though.

Tang was in pretty good spirits this morning even though snuggles were limited. Not unusual on Fridays when I need to do some things online preparing for the weekend. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

I am, as you said, counting down the minutes to the end of this work day and week. Then I can turn my thoughts toward getting home to my precious boy.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:39. The driver spoke to me for the first (and hopefully last) time. His words were music to my ears: "Your'e getting a new driver next week." biggrin.gif

I saw Tux Sr and Bobtail out "patrolling" on my way in to check my mail. Tang met me at the door as usual. He's had his supper and insulin as well as a bit of balcony time since it's warm enough. He is well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy foggy dampish chilly 40-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Siamese, White Cat, Tux Sr, and Bobtail yesterday during your provisioning / travels. The community waifs are blessed to have for their provider and protector.

It's another low key day here around the homestead. My precious boy enjoyed sweet slumbers under blankets this morning until he finally emerged a little after 10 a.m. to greet me and start the day. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope you have been able to get your chores /errands done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together and will have a very blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny with some clouds and unseasonably warm (65) Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

This will be a bit short today. I stayed up too late last night on the phone again (sigh) and ended up skipping supper (not to mention only getting about 4 hours sleep) So I'm not feeling so hot to say the least.

I saw Bobtail and White Cat sharing the food under the bushes by the pool while my first dryer cycle was going on. Little Gray was trying to get some but Bobtail was unwilling to share. I don't know why he shares with White Cat but seems to have a problem with Little Gray. In any case I lead her down to the food by the fence.

I just had to go to Save a Lot so I was home at 9:10. I would have been a great day for balcony time had I not been crashed out for most of it. Tang gave me plenty of snuggles anyway though wub.gif He's had his supper and is doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy rainy damp chilly 50-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw White Cat, Little Gray, and Bobtail yesterday during your provisionings. In every "tribe" there's an "hierarchy" and it appears that - - according to Bobtail - - Little Gray is on the bottom of the totem pole. How nice that she has you to look after her, as well as the other community waifs.

Another low key day here at the homestead which is nice. Tomorrow will be busy scheduling bill payments online. My precious Noah had a nice sleep in under blankets this morning. He finally emerged around 11 a.m. to greet me and start the day. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I saw no waifs while provisioning this morning. Perhaps it's just as well as I encountered that guy walking his dogs again. He got bold and asked if I "had a problem" I said "No, as long as you leave the cats alone, understand?" He said nothing and kept walking. Another "hater" psycho that bears watching (sigh)

Tang was in good spirits when I came back in and filled his food/water bowls and gave him his insulin. We spent some time after that snuggling on the bed with him on his favorite pillow purring and "brushing" my hair with his paw wub.gif

The rest of the day has been fairly low energy reading, watching TV and napping. It's still fairly nice out so Tang is having some balcony time after he's just had his supper. He is well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy rainy damp 40-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you had a chance to clarify your concerns for the community waifs to the man walking his dogs. Even though he didn't reply hopefully he understands - - and accepts - - that your only concerns are for the cats. Perhaps your next "encounter" with him will be more pleasant. If not then you will know without any reservation that your assessment of him is totally accurate as a "cat hater".

So glad you and your precious Tang had a nice easy low key day yesterday and that he was able to enjoy some balcony time. I'm so smiling at him "brushing" your hair / soothing your brow with his paw.

My precious Noah and I enjoyed some snuggle time this morning. While my precious boy continued to enjoy sweet slumbers under blankets I worked on the big desk top scheduling online bill payments. My precious boy emerged from blankets around 10:15 a.m. and joined me at the desk to greet me and start the day.

I know it's back to the grindstone today for you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I wasn't back to the grindstone, as you say, today. For a new but not unexpected reason given the age of these buildings (about 45 years give or take) A busted pipe while getting ready for work blink.gif There was some flooding, but I managed to get it under control and mopped up for the most part after I figured out how to shut the water off in the bathroom. I wasn't about to leave Tang (or my own sense of worry) unattended until maintenance and the water company came out to assess the situation and make repairs. Which they have.

While waiting for all that to happen I fed the waifs but saw none. No psycho haters either, but it was early yet. That's 2 days in a row I have not seen even a single one though unsure.gif

After I got things cleaned up and reasonably dry, Tang and I spent the day hanging out. It will be time for his supper soon and his insulin. He seems well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy chilly 40-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah ad me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

What a way to start the day with a major water leak to deal with. I'm so glad you were able to get the water valve turned off and were able to get "emergency" assistance in getting the situation taken care of. I'm also glad this happened BEFORE you left for work, my friend, so that you could take care of the situation and make sure that your precious Tang was safe.

I can most certainly understand your concerns for the community waifs - - particularly not seeing any of them now for two days during provisioning. I continue to keep them in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, dry, and warm wherever they are. Please let us know how they're doing.

Woke up around 7:30 a.m. this morning without my precious Noah snuggled next to me. When I got up I found him curled up on his bathroom window perch. So I got ready for the day and did my errand run to the post office and took another box of "stuff" to Goodwill. My precious Noah is doing well, which is always a blessing of good news to share with you. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Hopefully you won't have any other "disasters" to deal with, and once again am glad you were able to get prompt assistance with the major water leak yesterday. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I can imagine you were startled not to find your precious boy snuggled up with you when you awoke. I’m glad to hear he is doing well.

The leak and subsequent flooding wasn’t too bad, thank goodness – but I was taking no chances. It was all cleared up in a couple of hours.

Day 3 with no waifs unsure.gif The food is getting eaten in all 3 spots though. Since I haven’t seen a raccoon in ages and only a possum once in a while, I have to assume the waifs are the ones eating it. Something has driven them into deep hiding again though. The only change I have noticed is that jerk with the dogs mad.gif Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I will let you know what I can find out.

Tang was in good spirits even though snuggle time was limited, but we had all day yesterday after the crisis. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume has been pretty low (knock on wood) but that doesn’t mean there will be VTO – would be nice though. So I’m just counting down my time until this workday is over and I can think about getting home to my precious boy.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:17 - no VTO obviously. But I missed the bus going through the first time because.....it was 6 minutes early. But that's fine; good to know. She's only the regular on Tuesday though. But I understand the other guy was on time last night. I saw Tux Sr on my way in which put my mind at ease, but I also saw that dog again sad.gif

Tang met me at the door which is always nice. He's had his supper and is doing well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny delightful 60-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Tux Sr yesterday on your homeward travels. I know seeing him took some concern off your mind that the community tribe is still around. Please let us know how they're doing.

Today has been eventful. I had a doctor's appointment to get a second opinion as to what is going on with my shoulders and arms. She actually listened to what I have been experiencing and ordered X-rays for my neck and spine. After the appointment I went to the hospital to have the X-rays taken and put on disk for the doctor. I have another appointment tomorrow morning for her to look at the X-rays and propose a plan of action that will hopefully begin to relieve some of the chronic pain. I left the house around 9:30 this morning while my precious Noah was still under blankets. I got back home around 2:30 this afternoon and my precious boy was anxiously waiting for me at the garage door. His lunch was much later than usual today, but he's doing well as I'm writing to you. I just fixed a bowl of soup as I am just too tired to fix a regular lunch today. I'll let you know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your chronic pain and hope this new doctor will be able to come up with a plan to relieve your suffering. Let me know how that goes.

Speaking of health issues, the creeping crud caught up with me again this morning. While provisioning the waifs (0 attendance again, sadly) a wave of nausea came over me. I'm starting to think you're right about a long road to recovery (if ever) but I don't know how much more bland I can make my diet. I need to see my doctor before my insurance runs out anyway. I was thinking 02/20 that I already have off.

So, it's been a day of rest and recovery with Tang by my side as always. Since we hit 60 today I've been letting him have some balcony time. He's doing that now after having his supper and insulin shot. He seems to be doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy 40-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry that you were not feeling well yesterday and hope you are feeling better today. It's good you were able to get some rest yesterday, and no better way to do it than with your faithful companion Tang by your side.

I saw the pain specialist this morning and she explained the results of the X-rays that were done yesterday. I have vertebrae that are significantly enough out of alignment in my neck that is compressing spinal discs against the nerves which is why I'm having pain in my shoulders shooting down my arms into my hands and causing my hands to go numb. It also explains why I am losing strength in my arms regardless of the fact that I'm using them and doing exercises that are supposed to improve strength. I also have enough arthritis setting in that is contributing to the inflammation she is seeing on the X-rays with my spine. She advised me to stop using heating pads on my neck and back and instead use ice packs that will help reduce the swelling and inflammation around the disks. And she said from my medical history with the severe injuries from the automobile collision that what she is seeing on the X-rays is my body's attempts over the years to compensate for the effects of the broken bones and obvious whiplash that occurred at the time of the collision but went untreated because of the other more obvious and serious injuries with my right leg. And she also believes that the events last year with the sciatic and bursitis events in the right side of my back and hip are also directly related to what she is seeing on the X-rays.

The good news is that she does not yet see any indications of spinal fractures and she will do what she can to help prevent them from happening. She also said that if for whatever reason I do not respond to treatment she will refer me to an orthopedic specialist and / or neurologist who will work with me, and her, to do whatever needs to be done to relieve my pain.

Everything she told me and explained to me directly coincided with how my body has been feeling. She said that the body has a remarkable way of compensating for injuries and allowing the body to continue to function - - until the circumstances get to the point where there is just no more ability to do that - - and she said it is obvious my body is telling me I have reached that point. The immediate goal is to work on the pain levels so that I can begin to see an improvement in my ability to function without intense pain in my shoulders and arms and numbness in my hands, and take the treatment from there. I have another appointment with her tomorrow morning to begin the treatment process. All of this is encouraging and I will let you know how things go.

My precious Noah is doing well, which is always good news to share with you. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and colder greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. That being said, I'm so sorry to hear your accident from so long ago is causing you pain all these years later sad.gif It sounds like the specialist has a plan to get you out of pain though. Thank you for letting us know how it went. Tang and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers - and a special shout out to Angels Theresa and Tom for what help they can send your way.

I saw White Cat while provisioning this morning and Siamese on my way back out - both "spoke" to me. I'm glad they are coming back out again. I have not seen the jerk with dogs the last couple of says and I don't think for one moment that's a coincidence mad.gif Still, it's nice to know they are keeping themselves out of harm's way.

Tang was in good spirits this morning even with limited snuggle time. He met me at the door when I walked in at 6:31. I'm so glad to have reliable drivers on the route now. Although I hope the one that drives all days but Tuesday doesn't make a habit of "pit stops" for food and drink (restroom I can see) Even so it only cost us about 3 minutes. That's better than that other idiot.

Tang has had his supper and insulin and settling in as I post this. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold blustery 30-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you saw White Cat and Siamese yesterday morning during your provisionings / travels. I can hear them "hi, dear friend, thank you for all you do for us and want you to know we're still here and doing okay."

My treatment this morning went very well. The doctor is very good with her hands as she knows how to get to the hurting spots and apply just the right pressure to release the tension in the muscles and joints - - very similar to acupressure techniques. She again reaffirmed to me this morning that she isn't able to help everyone who comes to her seeking relief from their pain, but that if for whatever reason she isn't able to help me she will refer me to another specialist who will try. I am very hopeful that in time the effects of the treatments will be beneficial. Thank you for asking your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa to keep me in their thoughts, prayers, and comforting vigil.

When I left the house at 9:20 a.m. my precious Noah was still snuggled under blankets. The only part of him showing from underneath the blankets was his left foot. When I got home he emerged from his sweet slumbers to greet me and start the day. He is enjoying the warmth of his personal space heater as I'm writing to you.

Need to get to work on my grocery list for the Neighbors volunteer for Tuesday, 1/31, so that's what I will be working on for the rest of the day.

Once again another F R I D A Y is here meaning that come the end of this day you will be heading home to your precious prince Tang to enjoy another weekend. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy with some sun and cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad this doctor was able to relieve your pain and I hope she will be able to continue getting you on your way to a full recovery. We will keep you and Noah in our thoughts and prayers.

Waif attendance was back down to zero when provisioning this morning, but then I saw Siamese on my way back out. He/she seems to be well as can be expected; good weight and coat.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and I tried to balance some snuggle time in with the usual things I need to take care of online on Fridays. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

It’s another day of aggravation from those overseas idiots here in the pit today (sigh) But this too shall pass as the saying goes. At least it’s Friday, as you said, which means I have the weekend to look forward to. I am just counting down my time until my shift is over. Then I can run to Dollar Tree over by work before heading home to my precious boy.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful and warm evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:35, and not a moment too soon after the day I had. Don't worry, I still have a job. But I found out the hard way there is a reason those VXI agents in the Phillipines act like they think they are royalty - because they are treated like it and Heaven help you if they "tattle" on you for not bowing and scraping. 60 more days.....60 more days......Then they are HQ's problem.

But Tang met me at the door and that makes things a little better somehow. He's had his supper and is settling in. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy chilly 40-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you had a bit of a management "confrontation" to deal with at some point yesterday. With only 60 more days to go it would be totally ridiculous if you were fired. Hope things go smoother for you during the remaining time you're there - - and it would be nice if you could leave on your own accord for another job BEFORE the 60 days are over. Hang in there, Tracy.

My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle this morning. While he enjoyed sweet slumbers under blankets I finished getting my grocery list organized and printed, and have put it in a folder with label samples and my check to Kroger for the volunteer on Tuesday, 1/31. I am hoping that eventually with the help of the treatments from the pain management doctor that someday I will be able to do my own grocery shopping again.

I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy most of this day together and will have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I too hope this new doctor will be able to get you on the road to recovery and restore a little more of the independence you miss.

Thanks for the support on the job front. My sup has had me sending him call IDs for when these twerps send calls directly to me rather than through the queue like they're supposed to, but I'm going to stop. If he asks why? My answer will be for the same reason I no longer report drug activity to my apartment manager. Nothing will ever be done about it. Why should I take extra time to jot that info down when I just get written up at the behest of their overseas overlords? If that write up cancels out my severance and bonus though I WILL take the next job offer that comes along with NO notice.

There were no waifs out when I provisioned, but the news gets better in a minute. I had the laundry room to myself though for the duration which was nice.

Since I had to go to the library, I went to Kroger for shopping and ended up spent too much - time and money (sigh) the former meaning I missed my regular bus and got home 1/2 an hour later. But since I needed to load up my laundry card in the office, I came in the way I do like when I check my mail at night, and sunning themselves in the grass was Tux Sr, Little Gray and Bobtail happy.gif

Tang and I didn't get much snuggle/nap time in as usual due to the lateness of my return, so I'm feeling a little peaked. He's had his supper and we are about to settle in for the evening. He is well.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold 40-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry things are difficult for you at work especially since your time there is now short-lived. I hope you're able to find suitable alternative employment before the 60 days remaining are up. Please let us know how things go.

So glad you saw Tux Sr, Bobtail, and Little Gray yesterday during your travels. I know that brightened your spirits seeing them and knowing they are still with you.

My precious Noah and I had a very nice sleep in this morning, and I managed to start the day without disturbing my precious boy from his peaceful slumbers. I was able to do some quiet type projects at the desk until around 11 a.m. when my precious boy emerged from blankets and joined me to greet me and start the day. He is stretched out in front of his personal space heater as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Thanks again for the support. But If am still eligible for my 4 weeks severance and the 2500.00 bonus for staying to the end, I hope I DON'T find something before then. After all the work I put in there, I feel it's owed to me. And it would be nice to be able to take some time off and regroup so I can find something that's a good solid fit going forward. Remember, I can't be denied UE this time either.

During this early morning's provisioning I saw Siamese and White Cat - the latter of whom would not make even the smallest move toward the food until I was well out of sight up the hill. Poor thing.

I forgot any kind of breakfast meat while shopping yesterday which has Tang's nose out of joint. I let him have a few bites of my scrambled eggs though (after I was done, of course) which seemed to appease him.

The rest of the day has been spent reading, channel surfing TV and naps with snuggles with my boy wub.gif He's had his supper and is doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold gusty windy 30-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw White Cat and Siamese yesterday during your provisionings. I know it helps you to actually see them go to the food when / after you put it down so that you can have some assurance that they are getting the benefit of it.

Had an appointment with the pain management doctor this morning. As I was finishing getting ready to leave my precious Noah emerged from underneath blankets to wish me happy trails. We got a light coating of snow here at the homestead overnight delaying school openings about 2 hours. The closer I got to town the roads were normal with no snow coating on the ground. I'm so glad it wasn't anything more than what we got so that I could keep my appointment today. I am already seeing some glimmer of improvement. I see her again on Wednesday and Friday.

The rest of the day will be resting with my precious Noah. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m sorry to hear the snow made your travels problematic, but am glad to hear you made it safely. I’m also glad to hear the pain doctor is helping you on the road to recovery – even though it may seem like “baby steps”. Please let us know how it’s going. Sending our thoughts and prayers.

This morning I only saw White Cat while provisioning. But she went right for the food without waiting for me to leave. Poor thing must have been hungry. Perhaps she’s staking out that spot each morning to be sure she gets her share.

Tang was in good spirits this morning even though snuggles were a bit limited – not for his lack of trying though rolleyes.gif More on how he’s doing when I get home.

The good news in regard to the “pit” is I was informed I am still eligible for my 4 week’s severance and 2500.00 retention bonus for staying to the end so long as I am employed – i.e. no negative impact from the write up. I still find it interesting that they are more concerned with “upsetting” VXI (whom we pay) than the actual merchants (who pay us) But whatever.

I am just counting down my time until the end of the workday so I can turn my thoughts toward heading home to my precious boy. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:37 - this driver started out well but is starting to slack dry.gif Tang met me at the door so that was nice. He gobbled up all in supper (chicken and/or liver pate seems to be his favorite - good to know) He is settling in with his evening bath and doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very gusty windy 60-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious Tang, you, and the community waifs are doing well.

So glad to share your news that you are still eligible for the bonus and severance benefits. This is helpful. Just bide your time and do whatever is required to get you through the next several weeks. You don't want to jeopardize the opportunity for the extra benefits.

Today has been busy working on financials and putting away the perishable groceries. The volunteer did a good job getting the groceries for me, although she did overlook the trash bags on the list. I can order those from WalMart, no big deal. I've learned it's always good to have a "back up" plan just in case. Need to rest a bit before getting Noah his lunch.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.