Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Just so you folks won't think I'm depressed 24/7 (just close to it) I thought I would post somethinmg interesting I just saw. While watching TV, I looked over and saw Tang on his back with his back legs out and front paws curled up. This was like an amlagam of him and what I only ever saw Tom do. At least the back legs part, and full on his back. It was like the front paws curl up was to let me know that he was still very much Tang, but at the same time channeling Tom. A sign? Who knows....
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I see that you read my post before I deleted it. smile.gif I didn't want to hurt your feelings......You are a good person and I hope good things and a good job come along for you.......

That was so cute about Tang. Oh I'm sure it was a sign from Tom. He's watching over you all......Give the furbabies a special pat for me.......God Bless.... TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy Tuesday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Today has been spent beginning working on setting up the financial ledger for next year. Still have the monthly tabs to make up. Also got caught up on the shred box that was beginning to get full with collected junk mail. After awhile I will need to make a soggy trek to the mailbox. Noah is upstairs at the moment looking futilely for sunbeams today.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey - I'm not sure why you deleted your comment or thought it would be hurtful. I found it to be fairly supportive. Please keep me up to date on the Tuxedo cat.

Thank you moon_beam. AW, poor Noah looking longingly for sunbeams that didn't come sad.gif It was rainy and cloudy here too until after lunch time. Then sunny and 65 - just beautiful - I have no idea why the bus drivers feel the need to blast the AC in such weather. (sigh)

Today work was crazy busy with wide spread internet outages and a system wide phone outage that made customers unable to connect to toll free numbers. Think - all those credit card machines that use toll free numbers blink.gif Not a happy group at all.

Both buses were on time and I was able to come straight home to Theresa and Tang whom are most happy about that. Since the weather is so nice I threw open all the windows to let he cool fresh air in - they are enjoying that.

In closing I wanted to share an observation. Most days when I go to work in the morning I see this little spider weaving her web between the bushes and a tree by the entrance. Same bushes, same spider. Every day. If it gets wrecked she just repairs it or weaves a new one. She never gives up. As silly as it sounds, I always stop by throughout the day (lunch, breaks) to encourage her. I think perhaps there is a higher lesson there.....Hope you you all have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and your sweet furbabies are having a good day. Our weather has been nice, but it was cold this morning. I let the furnace run a few times.

I like your spider story, I agree, there is a higher lesson there. I see these little tiny spiders in the basement and they have big bugs in their webs. I think there is a lesson there too, little people can accomplish big things.

The tuxedo cat doesn't seem to be very hungry. He comes by, eats a few bites, leaves awhile, and then comes back for a few more bites. Then the raccoons come by and cleans out everything. ( I do watch TV during that time and just spot check the area. I don't stand there looking out the window constantly. biggrin.gif )

Have a great afternoon and evening and enjoy the furbabies.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant sunny Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. Gosh I can't believe it's Wednesday already. I hope if you had any errands to do today that you were able to get them accomplished quickly so that you and your precious furkids could enjoy most of this day together.

This may sound a bit nutsy but today I began the process of making Christmas cards online. American Greetings has a "create and print" program, so I thought I might try to get a "jump" on the process. Only send cards to immediate family but it's a challenge finding the ones with verses that "fit" - - or ones that I can edit to make them "fit" better. I got two cards done - - five more to do.

Noah has been enjoying the sunbeams this afternoon - - he is the light of my life. I woke up this morning to him stretched out on my legs - - the warmth of his sweet precious body is pure joy.

Need to get the lunch dishes washed. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
LoveMyMickey, even if the Tuxedo cat does not eat very much, it's still a nice thing that you leave food out for him. At least he and others know there is a place they can go if they are hungry or need some shelter.

moon_beam, nothing wrong with getting a jump on the process. Although, for me the holidays have no special meaning for obvious reasons. Still, I'm sure your family will appreciate the efforts you are going to.

Been a slow day here. Woke up around 9:00, didn't need anything in particular. So, I just took my little cart down to Save-a-Lot. Probably would not even have needed that but for the tub of litter. I even held off on getting quarters until I get paid Friday (there is a PNC I can visit by my work on lunch) as money is a bit tight, as usual. Been really nice weather and I tried letting Theresa and Tang out, but they didn't seem much interested at first. I poked my head out to look in on them later and Tang came running inside in a shot. He was probably contimplating his "arial" act rolleyes.gif Hope you both Noah and the Tuxedo cat are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Thursday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Soon it will be time for you to begin your journey home to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

I am so chuckling at your little Tang's scooting back inside when you went to check on him and your precious Theresa. I can just see the innocent look on his face, "who me? I wasn't doing anything, daddy - - scout's honor".

Got caught up on some e-mails today, started up the generator to let the battery charge for 30 minutes, called the repair shop to get the status on the mower - - which is ready for pick up which is an errand for tomorrow - - and called the gentleman the generator contractor referred me to to introduce myself to him and talk to him about what I can do to keep the generator in proper working order until it's time for service. He basically confirmed everything that I've read in the manual - - start the generator every 2 weeks or so and let it run for about 30 minutes, keep the gas in the tank at a minimum unless it needs to run for an emergency situation, and call him in about a year for a complete onsite service. So it's been a busy day but not a maddening busy day.

Noah is doing well. He is keeping me company as I'm writing to you. We have been enjoying having the big door open and gated for the benefit of fresh air and the pleasure of listening to the woodland residents. Can't believe it's Thursday evening already - - this week seems to be going by more quickly.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Glad to hear your plans for the generator and mower are going well. I can imagine that Noah is enjoying the extra scenery and wild life. Your "caption" for Tang was just about right. He came to a halt in the middle of the livingroom and laid down in one fluid motion (he's so graceful) He looked at me as if to say "What? Who, me? No, not me dad" wink.gif

Work was OK; had another mid month review - score 3 out of 4 which is "exceeds" and was told I'm doing a good job - I'm betting that hurt to say. For the first time in ages the little spider was not weaving her web in the bushes. I'm wondering if she died sad.gif Makes me think of Charlotte's Web except for no babies left behind to carry on. Been seeing plenty of butterflies though. Next Thursday is another after hours meeting (sigh). I have a ride home and the other sup said he's write me if for OT; I will answer the email in any case.

Not much else going on. I hope your generator continues to purr along and that you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Congratulations on your review. Sounds like you're getting into a rhythm with the job now, and I hope this evaluation helps to give you some confidence in what you're doing. Glad you have your ride set up for after next Thursday's meeting. I hate those long days for you, Tracy.

When spiders are constantly having to rebuild their webs they usually try to find other locations that will not require the constant repair. So she probably has relocated to another more suitable place.

It has been a day of errands here but am now home which both Noah and I are happy about. Got the Snapper mower back and dropped off the snowblower for service as needed. Discovered I needed to make a run into town late this afternoon for some supplies for Noah - - didn't realize his larder was low.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hate those Long Thursdays too - even worse than Saturday's except for the fact I get home quicker, all be it through unfomfortable silence.

The spider was back today. Perhaps she was on vacation. Normally I'd find it all kind of creepy, but it's served to inspire me in the persistance.

Glad you got your mower back. I hope you are having decent weather if you have yard work to do. Pretty nice here today. Getting ready to get along home to my babies. I hope my buses are on time. Hope you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Congrats on your review! You're doing good! I'm glad the spider is back, I guess she needed a day's rest. When I first got up yesterday morning, I looked out the carport window and across the street between 2 houses was a black cat. I don't think it was Blackie, because he would come running over here for breakfast. This cat just turned and disappeared. Tuxedo came by last night to eat. I think I scared him.

Well Tracy, I hope you, Tang, and Theresa are doing okay and have a peaceful weekend. I love this weather we have......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMy Mickey

I'm glad I got a good review too. But to be honest I'm a little ambivalent about actually getting hired. I really don't relish the idea of being on-call 24/7 for a week at a time. Even if it is a rotation of about 10-12 people.

I'm still saddened to hear Blackie has not returned; I hope he's OK. As for the Tuxedo cat, all you can do is keep trying. Perhaps one day, one of these fine kitties will decide he/she wants a forever home.

Hope you are well and have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Glad the spider is back to her usual spot weaving her home once again. It never ceases to awe me how totally symmetrical the webs are and how some spiders weave a very intricate pattern. It is good to have the Snapper back in operating order. I decided to mow the back yard this morning as it really, really needed it - - at least spots here and there really needed it - - and the Snapper did the job. The drought has really taken a horrible toll on the yard. I hope to try to get some grass seed down this fall for whatever good that may do. Once I got that job done the next job was getting started on the monthly bill-a-thon. Am taking a break from that at the moment to give my brain a chance to re-charge.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I too am often in awe of the intricate patterns of the webs. It's funny that I was saying it reminded me of Charlotte's Web because in today's paper there was a book review on a bio of the author EB White.

I'm glad you were able to get your mowing done and hope you had good weather for it. It's been nice here. I may have to allow some balcony time tonight or tomorrow if the Amazing Flying Tang can behave himself rolleyes.gif

Geting ready to head out on my long journey home to him and Theresa. I hope you and Noah are doing well, TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits, and enjoying your day together.

It has been a beautiful autumn day here - - temps in the low 70's, low humidity. Wouldn't mind if it stayed this way all through the winter months.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that if balcony time has been offered that your little Tang has been able to subdue any urges to try daring aerial feats - - which of course spares YOU from having to attempt any high wire rescues. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Been nice here too - 65 now and I doubt we broke 70 today. Just a few clouds in the sky. I like it that way. Blue skys are nice but the puffy white clouds make it nice to just gaze up in the sky. Also they make for amazing sunsets. Almost makes me sound like a dreamer. But on a clear day with a few clouds, I look up at the sky and think of Tom. Lately that's been making this gem go through my mind:

Nothing Gold Can Stay
by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Balcony time was offered this morning around 10 when I woke up from my nap. I no longer need to say anything to Tang when he gets close to the edge. I think he can feel me looking at him like a concerned parent. He and Theresa are well. Hope you and Noah are as well. Pleasant evening and TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I stare up at those fluffy white clouds too. Sometimes I see Mickey's body or just his face. Those beautiful sunsets shine right in our front windows.......I like the poem, also I looked up the lyrics on Google to "Stay Gold", Stevie Wonder's video was having problems. That was a nice tribute to your angel Tom.

Okay Mr. Tang, keep being a good boy on the balcony. Miss Theresa, you tell on Tang if he starts those high flying stunts.

Tracy, I hope the work week treats you well. Frost tomorrow morning, so they say. I don't like it that cold.......Have a cozy evening with the furbabies. I'm gonna' watch the Emmys........TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I posted a link to that video in my memorial thread to Tom. It's from the movie the Outsiders. It's also the first book I ever read in middle school. It's stayed with me my whole life. I like the idea of you seeing Mickey in the shapes of the clouds - it's like the butterflies and all the other signs our angels send us. I hope you have a pleasant evening.
Tom's Dad
Well, I finally was able to hit the dollar store and get a 12 pack of fresh AA batteries for the laser toy. Boy, what a difference. It's brighter with a range that almost fills the room. They really enjoyed it smile.gif
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope this finds you, your precious furbabies, Theresa and Tang, doing well. Rain, rain, rain, go away. I like to go to Kroger in the early mornings before too many people get there and that's when it has been raining this week. I ordered pizza and chicken today, should last us 2 or 3 days......Blackie never did come back so I have canned food left for the Tuxedo.

Sounds like the laser toy is a lot of fun. I have to keep stocked up on AA batteries too because I use flameless candles. They do last quite awhile.

Tracy, I hope you have a good rest of the work week and have a cozy evening with your furbabies....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey

Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Theresa and Tang are doing well. They could tell I'm going to be gone a long time today (monthly after hours meeting, sigh) I don't know how, they just know. They get all mopey looking. It breaks my heart.

So far it's been a busy day. Hope it slows down soon. Bad enough I have to be here until 9-9:30.

I'm saddened to hear Blackie has not returned sad.gif I hope he's OK, but reality is probably something else. I hope the Tuxedo apprecitates your kindness. Lately I had been trying to leave food (the old stuff I can't feed them anymore) out for the gray tabby I've seen around with a sibling. Here lately on his/her own which means she probably lost him/her sad.gif Last night I went out to refill it and the plastic dish was gone. Not slid under a car or the dumpster I put it behind. Just gone. Either one of my neighbors or a staffer saw me do this and probably removed it. They can be so mean.

The kittles really are enjoying the "new and improved" laser toy. I hope you are having a good day. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Another long Thursday, I hope the meeting goes well for you. Animals are smart and they also pick up on our energy as to what is going on. Tang and Theresa will really be glad to see you when you get home.

That was nice of you to feed the little stray. I agree, somebody probably took the dish, probably didn't want to attract strays. I know our food attracts different animals, but they eat and go on their way. About Blackie, we're beginning to think he might have been an angel sent to help us deal with our grief for a few months.

Well Tracy, I hope you and precious furbabies have a cozy evening and enjoy your new toy. smile.gif Have a good day tomorrow, I'm off to Kroger since the rain has stopped. They're adding 23,000 more feet to the store. I barely make it through what they have now, but some of the aisles are too small......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Theresa and Tang were indeed glad to see me - wanting more attention than I could really give as I was so tired with limited time, bless their hearts. But I was able to keep them distracted with the new "baby sitter" while I did my chores.

I have decided I will put the food out sometime before going to bed so as not to be seen. And even if they keep throwing them away, so what. They're just cheapie Chinese delivery dishes that I have scads of.

I like the idea of Blackie being and angel sent by Mickey to help you and your husband. It's certainly better than anything I've been thinking wub.gif

Well, another day in the salt mines. I hope you have a wonderful day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hoep this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. By now you are on your way home to your precious furkids who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

I'm so glad life has basically been good to you and your precious fur tribe over the past week. Today has almost seemed "normal" for my precious Noah and me - - can't believe our journey began a week ago. Noah is doing well - - and is pushing mommy's buttons big time this afternoon with his antics. This afternoon he has taken unfair advantage of me by jumping up on top of the fridge from the kitchen couner. I try to stop him when I see him - - much like your little Tang's aerial acts on the balcony. I do hope at this point that I will survive my little Noah's recovery!!! As heart stopping as his activities are it is also a blessing to see him feeling so spirited.

My little boy is letting me know his tummy is running on empty, so I better get this sent to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm so happy to hear you and Noah are starting to get back to normal. I must say, when I first saw the post, I was very scared before I clicked on it. I'm relieved (as I'm sure you are) it was not more serious. Hopefully the jumping around will stop once he gets bored with it and pushing your buttons.

Yesterday's meeting went the full 90 minutes (sigh) There is this 22 YO who just can't shut his mouth. On the ride home, my sup commented "I think things are getting easier for you" as my job performance I guess. And he asked me if I thought he was too short in getting the meeting back on track. I said if anything he wasn't short enough. Might I be getting along with this guy? Stranger things have happened.

Once again, I'm glad your Noah is getting his appetite back and things are getting back to normal for you both. I hope you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Caturday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry that the Thursday meeting went so long. It does sound like your supervisor may be "coming around" in his attitude toward you - - and I hope this will prove to be accurate as time goes on. Still I hope you are keeping your options open for other potential opportunities.

I am chuckling at your assessment of Noah pushing my buttons yesterday - - yes indeed. Today he is being a little less of a prankster - - only getting on top of the fridge once so far. I gave him the last of his pain medication about an hour ago - - before his "fridge act" - - so I'm hoping he will not need anything tomorrow. I need to make a trek to the mailbox to get whatever has been delivered since Thursday. Soon you will begin your travels home to your precious furkids, and I hope your travels will be safe and expedient.

I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad Noah continues to improve. As far as jobs, I'm always keeping my options open. I peruse the emails, but have not found anything that looks good really. Right now I'm just trying to keep my head above water paying off the loans.

Work was pretty slow, and I am getting ready to head on out for my odyssey that is my trip home. I too am hoping it goes well.

I hope that you and Noah have a blessed and wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Sunday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your travels home yesterday were safe and uneventful. I'm wondering if your precious Theresa and little Tang have been able to enjoy any balcony time today. I know Sundays go by so quickly for you and the time you have with your furkids is precious.

Noah and I have had a good day - - some time for cuddles in between his naps and watching some TV together.

I hope today has been treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tangkindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My ride home was not bad. My second bus was right on time, and therefore not too crowded. I managed to get home about 8:10. Today was nice weather wise, and I allowed balcony time after my post laundry nap around 10ish. Theresa zipped right on out, but Tang seemed relunctant. I guess he's still thinking about me fussing at his acrobatics.

Tomorrow back to the grind. But I still have this evening to spend with my kittles. I hope you and Noah have a peacful and joyous evening. And that he continues to improve. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies had a good day. We are doing okay, love this weather. I finally got to Kroger yesterday.........I have another cat story. Friday, a young yellow striped tabby showed up on the carport. It was very friendly, but looked tired and hungry. We gave it canned cat food and it spent the day sleeping and eating. Tuxedo came by right before dark and got right in it's face and was swishing the tail. I opened the door real quick and Tuxedo ran away. Tabby left the same night after dark and we haven't seen it since. It might have belonged to somebody, I hope.........Anyway we have a good shelter, beds, and food for whatever wants to come by, hopefully no skunks!

Tracy, I hope your work week treats you well and have a peaceful, playful, and cozy evening with your furbabies.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey

Thank you for sharing your story about the kitties. I hope Tuxedo and Yellow Stripe can put aside their differences and see your little sanctuary for what it is. A safe place for who ever needs it. It lends credit to Blackie being the angel cat. Perhaps he is now spreading the word about a safe place poor unwanted cats can go for respite. Bless you for your efforts. All I'm doing is putting out food. But living in an apartment and with the certain jerk tennants, perhaps that's all I really can do. Theresa and Tang and I are enjoying a peacful evening. Hope you do the same. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy Monday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Soon you will be on your way home to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Glad to know that you and your precious furkids had an enjoyable Sunday yesterday. Your precious little Tang may be "growing up" about the balcony time - - not so infatuated by the temptations of daring circus-act feats - - of which I know this is an enormous help to you.

Laundry is caught up, and have turned on one of the portable heaters to warm up the basement a bit from the dampness of the rain and chilly temps today - - only in the low 60's. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushio with his paws over his eyes taking a nap.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work today, Tracy, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

And pleasant rainy Monday to you and Noah as well. 60 and raining as I get ready to leave to go home (UGH!)

Yes, I think my little man Tang is "growing up" in regard to the balcony time. Plus I think he sees it as a way to get dad time without having to compete. He and Theresa still like to team up on the "laser tag" though. It's heart warming to watch smile.gif they even know what it is when I pick it up from the table in eager anticipation.

I hope you and Noah have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, dreary rainy Tuesday late afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you a soggy trip home yesterday. Hope your trip home today will be more on the drier side.

Today has been low key here keeping with my precious boy and I keeping each other company. Have the portable heater going again as the basement feels a little on the dampish side with the rain and low temps. It feels like soup weather, so I am including soup fixins' on my grocery list for Thursday.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work today, Tracy, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It was very soggy indeed coming home last night. It poured the whole way. But at least it wasn't windy, so it wasn't too bad I guess. Tonight was better.

I'm glad you and Noah can spend time together, and that he continues to get better. Soup weather indeed. Or chilli or stew. I will have to look into that for my grocery trip tomorrow. Thanks for the idea. Home now with my precious Theresa and Tang. Had to put some extra effort into cleaning his ear as it looked like he was scratching again (sigh) I'll have to ask again about the Benadryl tomorrow.

I hope you and Noah have a peacful and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Hope you were able to get all of your errands done and back home so that you and your precious fur tribe could enjoy most of the day together. I know Wednesdays must go by very quickly for you. I hope you were able to get the information you need about the Benadryl for little Tang's ear. You may notice an increase in scratching with the fall allergies. Even though he does not go outside except onto the balcony, you still bring in pollens and other irritants on your clothes - - and when you open the windows and doors the breeze also brings in the allergens and pollutents that settle into the carpet and other surfaces. Since his ear is particularly sensitive, it will be most affected by the "whatever" that is making him scratch at it more. Unless you kept him in an astronaut's suit with its own air system there really is no way to completely keep him from experiencing the "itchies." You are doing the BEST thing by helping him cope with them as they arise - - you are the very best Forever Dad for your little Tang and precious Theresa.

Life is very well here, for which I am very thankful. Noah is very contented at the moment stretched out on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Soon I will need to do the lunch dishes.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tangkindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I got kind of a late start on my errands from sleeping in. That and lately the change in weather is taking a toll on the plates in my ankle from when I broke it and had to have sugery 20 years ago. Only this time it's shooting the pain all the way up my leg. The good news is that it subsides after I've been walking for a while; but it takes longer to get where I'm going.

Speaking of the seasonal change, perhaps you are right about why Tang started scratching again. Sadly, since the Kroger seemed to have lost my RX, my time was limited in the pharmacy. They found it, but I ran out of time searching high and low for children's Benadryl. I never did find it before being forced to move on so I could get back home in a reasonable amount of time sad.gif The good news is that I know exactly where it is at the Kroger by my work.

Tonight there was no evidence of scratching, but there was more yellow gunk than usual. But, for the first time I can recall he actually fought me. I literally had to hold him down to keep him from jumping out of the sink ohmy.gif Then he proceeded to flop down in the kitchen and glare at me. Until I got the can food out anyway. Amazing what an "attitude" adjuster that is.

As I write this I looked over to see him up on Theresa's "perch" helping himself. I hope she was done. He jumped down as soon as he saw me. He had the nerve to look as if asking if I was going to put her bowl down in the kitchen. To which I said No, you have already helped yourself instead of waiting like the gentelman I taught you to be. He's got to be 4-5 now. Much too old for "teenage rebellion" don't you think? Anyway. That's all I have for now. Thank you for your friendship and letting me know how your Precious Noah is doing. Pleasant evening. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know you're at work, but soon you will be on your way home to your precious furkids - - the best time of the day.

Hope you're able to stop by the Kroger close to work to pick up the Benadryl for your little Tang. I can't help but chuckle a bit at your little boy's impatience last night about getting his ear cleaned. Even our furkds have "moods" - - it sounds like he definitely was NOT in the mood to get his ear cleaned last night. Hopefully this evening he will be back to his normal patient cooperative self. Ah yes - - the "good stuff" - - the canned food - - WONDERFUL "attitude adjusters" indeed!!! It lets your precious boy know that you unconditionally love him - - as he unconditionally loves you.

Got the grocery shopping done, and my precious boy was waiting for me at the basement door when I brought in the groceries with the cart. He was very glad to see me - - as I was glad to see him. He is taking a nap on a fleece throw on the sofa by the bed as I'm writing to you with the songs and sounds of the woodland residents providing a sweet lullaby.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The earliest I will probably be able to get the Benadryl is Saturday when I have all that time before and after my shift. Until then, all I can do is be gentle and reassure him. He definately had "cattidute" yesterday, but it was short lived and he's so sweet the rest of the time, I will give him a pass wub.gif Especially when he lays on his back like Tom.

Glad to hear you and Noah are well, and that he was not too stressed by your absence. I hope that you both have a peaceful and relaxing evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. I'm sure your countdown has started to the time when you can leave work today and get home to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Noah and I have had a pleasant day. While he napped this afternoon I worked a little bit more on Christmas cards. I had started the project a few days before he began to let me know he was not well, and then when I became aware of how serious things were for him and that there was a possibility I could lose him the thought of Christmas and everything associated with it made me ill. I am very grateful to still have his precious physical presence with me.

I know this year has not been an easy year for you, Tracy. I know how you feel about your life events not being as you hoped they would be. But I know you love your precious Theresa and little Tang with all your heart, and you are very blessed to have them with you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm so glad you can get back to your Christmas cards without the spectre of losing your precious Noah so close to the holiday. Sadly, I know all too well how that feels and would not wish it upon anybody.

Yes, This has been a tough year for me. Well, really 2 1/2. But with the support of you and other nice folks on here, at least I have not felt like I was going through entirely alone. I know how that feels too sad.gif

Each day, I just try my best, hope for the best and do what I can for Theresa and Tang. Especially Tang. I hope one day in the not to distant future I can get his BG under control and finally get that thing out of his ear. I can only hope he and Theresa are with me for as long as is possible on this earthly journey. Getting ready to head home to them now with darkening skies; hope it does not rain until I get home at least. Hope you and Noah are well and have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you are home, or will be very shortly.

Have you been able to get a meter yet from Dr. Harris to test your little Tang at home? If not, may I ask what the hold up is? I hope you were able to get the children's Benadryl today, and that it will help your precious Tang with his itchy ear.

It has been a busy day here computer-wise, and doing some new loads of laundry - - mostly human this time. Noah is letting me know that it is time for his dinner, and he is right - - he has been so patient the last half hour, so I really want need to get him his dinner.

I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be / were safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I have not been able to get the meter yet. With all that's been going on, I guess it just fell by the wayside. I need to ask about it. Assumiing I can even afford it. The Benadryl did NOT work out so well. He hated the taste so much that he would not even eat his can food afterward; much as he tried. This got me frustated and fussing at both of them (sigh) it didn't help that my 2nd bus was 40 minutes late and I didn't get home until 9:00. I will have to experiment with the Benadryl (if I use it at all again) and not before feeding, that's for sure.

Work is OK. We did the supervisor shuffle again, and I'm on the other guy's team. I thought this would make me happy, but no. Nice as he is (sometimes) he really does not seem to know what he's doing (he's already given me 2 completely wrong answers so far) he also has a tendancy to just disappear off the floor. Total flake. I got an email a few days ago from an agency asking for an updated resume'. I will have to tend to that soon I guess. Laundry done and rest/cuddle time with the kids calls. I hope you and Noah have a great Sunday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gloomy chilly sometimes rainy Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry that you were so late getting home to your precious furkids yesterday evening -- I can imagine how exhausted and frustrated you were from the long commute. I hope your ankle is feeling better even though the temps have become cooler.

Sorry you and Tang had a hard time with the Benadryl - - did you use the liquid or a pill? Yeah - - sometimes the treatment can be nastier than, or as nasty as, the ailment.

It seems as soon as you get used to one supervisor you and the group gets shuffled around like a deck of cards to a different supervisor. This management philosophy doesn't make much sense to me - - but very little of what an employer's management does makes any sense to me. So, will you continue to have the late evening staff meetings to contend with?

Life here is calm and quiet today. Noah is taking naps to ignore the gloomies outside.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was indeed exhausted last night when I got home. Which I'm sure contributed heavily to my shortness with Theresa and Tang; for which I always end up feeling so guilty. After all, it's not their fault. I tried the Benadryl again a while ago (well before feeding) because he was scratching. This time he wigged out and started drooling. But stopped scratching. I did not see a pill form on the shelf. And since the vet indicated a liquid dosage, I assumed that's what they meant. Going foward, I will be making sure to give it to him only as needed, and well before or after feeding; depending on if it's a work day.

Got an hour late start on the laundry since I was so tired. Finshing at 7ish. Most of the rest of the day has been spent napping. It seems that's all my Sundays are anymore (sigh) Yes, I assume the late meetings will continue, and I hope I can continue to get a lift from the first guy. Not much else going on here. Clear but colder at 55. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, dreary, chilly, rainy Monday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Soon you will be homeward bound to your precious furkids who I know are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Sounds like your little Tang is not too enthused with the liquid Benadryl - - gives him too much of a taste of it - - hence the drooling and gagging and overall disapproval of the med. You may want to ask Dr. Harris about a pill dosage - - cutting a pill in half perhaps - - thinking that if you can pop the pill down his throat without him getting too much of a taste of it this will go much better for the both of you. Our furkids do keep us on our toes with their reactions to meds. Dr. Harris might also be able to give you some ideas as to how to disguise the taste of the liquid Benadryl. Please let us know how things go.

The news of the day here is that Noah got his stitches out -- which actually turned out to be staples - - and has a good report from Dr. Neel. I will keep the gate barriers up at the bottom of the stairs for a few days more until I feel more comfortable about him venturing up the stairs and being upstairs by himself. I still want to keep my eye on him for a few more days at least until I'm certain he's okay being by himself upstairs.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I guess I can ask Dr. Harris about pills; but I'm not sure they even make them. I'm sure it's the over powering cherry taste he hates. Like I said, I'm going to use only as needed, in the lowest dose possible (did the mg to ml conversion for the syringes) and only well before or after he's eaten. Gave it to him at 4 yesterday and by 6 he was his hungry self. And quite mellow to boot.

Glad to hear about Noah (comment on other thread) I'm sure he's glad of it. As I asked there, does this mean the little guy has to sleep alone? I hope he's back to his fully normal self soon. Hoping you both have a great night. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know you still have awhile to go yet before you begin your travels home to your precious companions, and I hope the remaining time at work will treat you kindly.

Sounds like you and your little Tang are finding a "system" for the Benadryl routine - - and that is what counts. I am so sorry that it is so icky for your precious little boy. Having to give our companions meds is traumatic enough - - having to give them icky meds just adds more trauma to the situation. I am very sorry you both have to go through this ordeal - - but hope the purpose will be helpful in soothing the itch of your precious boy's ear when he needs it.

Washed a heavy blanket today - - still waiting to go into the dryer. Also finished the Christmas cards on the greeting card website, so all I have to do now is print them off, get the envelopes addressed, and put them in the mail after Thanksgiving. Still have the lunch dishes to clean up. A little while ago the UPS truck delivered ink cartridges for my color printer. The driver rang the doorbell. The last I saw of my precious Noah was him scurrying under the bed - - he does not like the sound of that doorbell. I keep telling him it's okay to come back out - - he will eventually venture out again.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Glad to hear Noah continues to improve and that you can get back to your Christmas card project free of stressful thoughts about your little man. Poor Noah and the door bell. My kittles love it. A hold over from when I used to be able to afford to have food delivered wink.gif

Today was just awful at work. 4 main internet nodes out and in queue ALL day. One of them was my area; my apartment manager called in and totally didn't recognize my voice. But the funny thing is, most of the calls were not from that. Like my first sup said, sometimes a major outage shakes all the other oddball stuff loose. And boy did it ohmy.gif

But it's over now, and I'm home to Theresa and Tang and a day off tomorrow. I don't need anything from Koger, so just a short jaunt to Save-a-Lot and done for the day. Hoping you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.