Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. I am so very glad that you were able to get an appointment with your "human vet" (I love it), and got your meds that you need. I know gout is caused by insufficient kidney function, and I have a BIG history of that - - just not to the gout level. I do hope and pray that the meds will help you get to feeling better quickly.

Sounds like your little Tang was "pushing his luck" again on the balcony, and you had every right to fuss at him. He knows you're not feeling well, and are not up to another high wire rescue, so his sitting at your feet is a part of his way of letting you know that he really is trying to be a good boy. He really is a very sweet natured little fella, and a very curious one about heights and agility abilities, too.

I don't think you can "plan" on health issues keeping you from work, my friend, so your doctor's certificate should be sufficient for your supervisor or HR department. In my company if we're out of work for health issues for more than 3 days we have to have a doctor's certificate or clearance from employee health to return to work. I'll be very eagerly awaiting to know how things go for you tomorrow.

Tracy, I do hope you will be feeling much better as you and your precoius fur tribe share this evening together. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how each of you doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

All those meds made me kind of sleepy, so had a nap. Theresa on chest, Tang at my head on the arm of the couch. Hand still hurting, but I think it's improving. This was a bad attack, so it could take another day or so. Plus being back on the daily alopurinol will help alot. Just knowing I have the meds w/ refills and the script to get more of the colcrys makes me feel better able to get back into my routine.

Just cleaned Tang's ear, about usual. The mass is about the same as yesterday. He's now "cleaning" it himself. Good thing there's is nothing harmful in the cleaning solution. Theresa is curled up under the coffe table cubby; has not done that for a while. Maybe my being home most of the day threw her off her "schedule".

Hugs

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just dropping by to say hello and to see how you and furbabies are doing. I'm glad you got your meds and I hope they get rid of the pain......It's almost Caturday again, hard to believe....I hope Tang gets a good report at the vet.

Tracy, you take care and remember you, Theresa, and Tang are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad you and your furkids had a nice nap yesterday evening, and I hope today went okay for you at work. There's just something about kitty spit that seems to help soothe booboos. And there must a special "bleach" included to help them keep their white's white. Adding my best wishes to LoveMyMickey's that his trip to his PCP tomorrow will be reassuring to YOU, my friend. I will look forward to knowing how things go tomorrow.

Tracy, hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
kaylasmom
Hi Tracy,

Glad to hear you're feeling better. You may need to call several pharmacies to find generic colchicine. The only brand currently being produced is Colcrys and it is a lot more $$$$ than colchicine. Good luck and thank God for prescription plans!

Please let us know how it goes tomorrow for Tang.

Shelby
Tom's Dad
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Hand was getting better, but now seems worse sad.gif took 2 colcrys and extra strength Tylanol. I may have to have the Dr. put me back on colchicine (if I can find it) because I KNOW it works. Ended up having to stay past 7:00 because a call center was down and they needed people to stay. Since nobody volunteered? They opened storm boards and made EVERYONE on call stay. How sleazy is that? At least I'll get an extra 35.00 out of it. And hope I don't get paged tomorrow. At least not until Tang and grocery is done with. Hoping the storms hold off that long; they're supposed to anyway.

I am hoping for a good report on Tang tomorrow. Thank you all for the well wishes smile.gif

TTT
Tom's Dad
Just got back with Tang from the vet. Dr. said that it's not not a cyst or anything along those lines. May need to be operated on 6-12 months. I'm just supposed to keep cleaning and using drops once a day and keep an eye on it. As I said before it looks a little smaller than it did before. Hoping I don't get paged with the storms later. I didn't last week when we had the bad ones early sunday morning. Storm board email said 5 agents present that day, so just primary paged likely. Hoping no worse than that again today/tonight.

Time to put the groceries up and settle in with the kittles.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you're doing and how your little Tang's check up went. Sounds like "good news / bad news" - - just keep a check on it, may need surgery down the line. I'm hoping and praying for it to disappear. Please keep us informed as to how your little Tang is doing.

I'm so very sorry that your hand is hurting - - painfully so. I hope the combination of the meds and Tylenol will help to get you through until you can talk to your "vet" about changing back to colchicine. Please do let us know how you're doing with this.

Well, the way your employer went about having you stay overtime was definitely crappy. However, the $35 overtime will come in handy, I'm sure. Like you, I'm hoping you don't get paged at all this weekend so that you can stay home and enjoy some rest and relaxation with your fur kids.

I have been working on finances for most of the day - - reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement, matching checks to receipts, getting my tax information updated - - can't believe it's only 4.5 months left in 2011. Noah has been keeping me company through this "finance-a-thon" but now he's letting me know very clearly that it's time for his dinner.

I hope you and your precious Miss Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Well, they DID call us all in - I got there at 7:00 and they let some of us go at 12:30 AM and said to be back @ 8:00 AM for a 12 hour shift - even though I'm not on call after 8:00. The technicality is I was called originally when I was. Jerks! So smug with their "WE can make you do anything we want you cheap contract labor" attitudes. Poor kitties are scared to death from my rushing around to make the most of what little time I have - especially Tang sad.gif

Feel free to post and I will try to read at work if/when it's slow

Hugs

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, oh - - I am SO SORRY you are having to work this weekend. Yes, I know so very well how you feel - - slave labor. I can so imagine how your precious Theresa and little Tang are totally confused. I hope and pray you are given an "early release" so that you can be home with your furkids and get some much needed rest.

All that has happened at the homestead here was a single rumble of thunder early yesterday evening, and then this morning when I got up there was some evidence that we had gotten a little bit of rain overnight, but we have mostly had just cloudly skies and humidity. Am I to presume that the storms have been more destructive in your area?

Tracy, please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, and will look forward to sharing your news. And again, I hope and pray that you are given an early release home.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I had a feeling you would be called in after what I saw about the storm. I hope you got to go home early today......Just as I was about to log on here last evening, it got really dark. I turned the TV on and there was the "severe thunderstorm warning" for our area. We didn't even have time to go to the basement before it hit with strong winds and hard rain....No damage right here, but I read in today's paper the other side of town got it bad, power outages, trees down, and 2 houses caught on fire.

Tracy, I hope your pain is better and you can get some rest with the furbabies....I hope and pray that little Tang won't have to have surgery later on. Hopefully that thing will disappear.....Take care and hopefully this evening will be better.

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

Thanks for the wish of "early release" - it worked. I was supposed to be there until 8:00, but they let me and a few others go at 5:30 with a free dinner to go (meat loaf, mashed taters, and green beans) which I'm sure Tang will share with me later wink.gif It was steady today but not slammed like last night (200 in queue when I got there, staying at about 100 for a few hours more) We went from 100,000 out to 55,000 in less than 24 hours, but I still got called every dirty word in the book sad.gif Still, makes it 52 hours for the week, and I was worried about the lost income from Thursday. Tomorrow we have to work 7-7 but may get another early release when the non responders from the all call start coming in (wish me luck) But I'll still have much more time with the kittles than last night. Hand is doing OK, but it only gets better to a point and stops. I don't know if the new med is not effective or if it's because I'm back on the alopurinol and that's making it take longer w/ regulating the acids. I'll ask the doctor tomorrow assuming I get a chance.

Tang's ear remains stable, keeping up the cleanings. Next week, I am NOT on call at all as I forgot to early sign up and no more tertiaries were available. I must have enough points to not get drafted. I don't care if there is an all call, I am NOT going. They can only ask, but not MAKE if you are not on call. I'm taking that time to make it up to the fur kids. Speaking of which, time I got setteled in and saw to that for the night.

Hugs

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to sign in and find that you are home with your precious Theresa and little Tang. And am ever so glad to know that you did indeed get an early release - - with dinner to go!!! I'm so o o o o o glad, and I know your fur kids are THRILLED to have daddy home.

Sounds like your hand is a "good news / could be better news" situation. It's good that you'll check with your "vet" as soon as you can about the meds. Please do let us know how things are going for you on this.

I'm glad your little Tang's ear is holding steady. Under the circumstances of the concern you have been through, this is indeed good news. Still hoping and praying that the "growth" will disappear on its own.

I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are having a wonderful evening together. Please know each of you are close in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to knowing how things are going with you and your precious furkids.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

The kids were indeed glad to see daddy smile.gif Even Tang was more himself after the rush of last night. They both did tend to be my shadow for the better part of the evening though. Since it's such a nice night, I let them out on the balcony. Tang came in after a bit but Theresa is still chasing bugs her hearts content. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Not just the typical monday with everybody trying to make last minute payment arrangements, but the on going outage to boot. Oh well. This too shall pass, right? SO looking forward to a NO on call Caturday/weekend.

Hugs

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. Your reports of what they do bring a smile to my heart and face, and I thank you so much for sharing your precious furkids with us.

I know today is a long day for you after a very challenging weekend. I hope you are able to have an "early release" again today so that you can get home to your fur tribe and enjoy some rest and relaxation with them.

So, Tang was a good boy last night on the balcony - - what a precious sweetheart he is. I can just see Theresa leaping and skulking the night creatures honing her hunting skills - - which in the wild it is the ladies in the "pride" who do the hunting. My beautiful Abbygayle was quite a little huntress too when she would be outside on her tether with Noah and Eli.

I hope you and your fur family will have a very peaceful evening, my friend. Please know each of you are close in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I hope your work day wasn't too unpleasant. According to the news there are still power outages, lines down.

Sounds like Theresa and Tang had fun on the balcony last evening. This is nice weather, in the 70s.
Tracy I hope you and furbabies have another pleasant evening on the balcony. No funny stuff, Mr. Tang!

You all are in my thoughts and prayers..God Bless...

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad

No early release today and 7-7 again tomorrow, but at least they'll feed us. Next 2 checks will be sweet. Got a threat call where the guy said better bring the state police if a tech comes to diconnect because he's "gonna plug him" I submitted the form, and an ops. mgr. had the gall to spin it as to say it was my fault because I provoked him. Doesn't that make me feel valued and safe? I mean under what circumstanses can a rep be at fault for a threat like that? Call centers. Estrogen factories with high school click mentalities and glass ceilings. They don't have the nerve to stand up to the high mucky muck men who hold them back, so they pick on me. Oh well, rant over.

Tang and Theresa are doing well smile.gif Tang's ear about the same, and gave Theresa her last dose of First Sheild, Looks like the weather will permit some balcony time tonight. Well, off to enjoy what little time I have with the kittles.

Hugs

TTTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. I am so very sorry that yesterday was so unpleasant for you at work. Is there some way you can record the calls - - perhaps for your own safety in case there is any backlash? This way you would have solid proof of what you said, what the customer said. And save that feedback - - perhaps by e-mail? - - you got from your supervisor putting the blame on you. I am just so very sorry you did not receive the support of your supervisor. I do empathize with you because I have a similar situation where I work.

I'm glad your precious furkids were able to enjoy some time out on the balcony last night. It's still pretty warm here so Noah remains content to look out the windows with the AC running. The good news is that the temperatures have moderated a bit into the mid to upper 80's, so the AC is not running continually as it has. Perhaps this will begin to increase the credit amount on my monthly budget bill. Can't believe it's only 6 months until February - which is my "pay up" bill for all charges due.

I'm sorry you're having to pull extra duty again today, and I hope today will be a better one for you in the trenches. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to knowing how you and your precious furkids are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

All calls are recored and she made this rude comment to me AFTER listening to it. But she is typical of call center managent. Monday morning arm chair quarterbacks who either don't know/care or have forgotten what it's like to be in the trenches day after day. That one has also had it in for me since my quarterly where she felt I wasn't "enthusiastic" enough. I doubt I'll ever get hired there. Probably just string me along for another year or so and let me go. I guess I need to start keeping up with the job search emails I get each day. But at my age, it's so depressing to know this is all my life has amounted to. Especially since my being so mediocre ended up costing Tom his life sad.gif

There was indeed and early reslease (just an hour and a half @ 5:30) But it means I'm home earlier and can sleep an extra hour and a half tonight. Not to mention time with my kids. If it gets down to the 70s again, I'll allow balcony time; always too cute for words. Both seem fine tonight. They truly are blessings.

Hugs

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm so glad you received an early release last night to get home to your precious furkids, and again, am very sorry that your supervisor is so hateful toward you. I know firsthand what that is like, and it weighs heavily on the mind and the spirit when you have to go into that atmosphere every day.

Tracy, once again - - not once did you ever fail your beloved Sir Thomas in his care. What you experienced as his caregiver are normal anticipatory grief feelings. If you had all the gold in China - - or Fort Knox - - you still would not have been able to change the course of your beloved Sir Thomas' illness. What happened with him is NOT your fault, although I know what it is like to live with the memories of things that you wish you could change and do better. You will NEVER be a "mediocre" furchild dad, Tracy. Your beloved Sir Thomas, and your precious Theresa and little Tang are a testimony to your loving heart. As long as there is the capacity for you to love, Tracy, there is no way you can ever be "mediocre." Your supervisor, as mine, on the other hand, needs to have some lessons on how to be decent human beings.

Last year I put a comment on my evaluation that I gave to my supervisor, and I believe it is one you need to remember: "This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night of the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." (William Shakespeare) Just be yourself, Tracy. Speaking for myself, it is an HONOR to know you, Tracy, and to have your friendship.

Hope your precious Theresa and little Tang were able to get some quality balcony time last night, and I hope today has been a decent one for you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Just stopping by to see how things are going. I'm so sorry about what you have to put up with at work......Don't ever, ever think that anything you did or didn't do failed your Sir Tom. I go through the "what ifs" and should "we have done that" etc. every day. Then I tell myself to stop thinking like that because we did our best.

Tracy, you are a very valuable person, in your work, to other people, and especially to sweet little Theresa and Tang, also to Sir Tom...Like Moon_Beam, it is an HONOR to be your friend!

Tracy, you and your sweet furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you all have a peaceful and fun evening....God Bless..

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
kaylasmom
Hi Tracy,

Stop beating up on my friend! The very fact that you have doubts about fatherhood shows that you care deeply about your furkids. I'm 100% positive you did everything possible for Thomas and also for Theresa and Tang. So go look in the mirror, smile at yourself and repeat "I am a GREAT dad" until you're ready to believe in yourself.

Your friend,
Shelby

Ps-sorry for the lecture but I truly wish every pet had as caring a parent as the people I meet on this site.
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, LoveMyMickey, and Kayasmom

But it was never a what if. I knew what needed to be done. The vet said the next step was lab work and follow up meds for the thyroid for the pronounced weight loss. I would not have batted an eye at the 80 odd dollars and other fees if I'd had my old job. Just the December before I'd spent over 500.00 even with his wellness plan with not a thought. But I wasn't thinking about him when I shot my mouth off at work once too often. Yes, I was miserable there, but it paid more than enough to give him what he needed. By the time he started to really go down hill, I was making more than 60% less and no benefits. (that's not counting the 6 weeks I had NO income at all) I didn't have the money for what I knew he needed, I hoped he'd get better, but he didn't. So, there is no guessing about what I should have done. I knew. But because I could not keep my big mouth shut, I lost the resources to do what he needed. I appreciate the kindness, but that IS my fault, and I have to live with it for the rest of my life. The way things are going I just may go down that road again with Tang. I was content to be content and off the radar. But this particular "manager" thinks I should have jumped up and done the happy dance to the "honor" of being a 45 year old cubilcle rat. I tried for the brass ring, and I lost. I decided to settle and be content and that's apparently frowned on too. I can't win. My "superiors" think I'm crap, the customers the same. I have to go through that every day and try to come home to the babies pretending I'm happy and worth while, when I am not.

Anyway, I'm going to try to enjoy what little time God will give me with my babies. I'm sorry, but I just can't pretend to fool myself into thinking I'm a good parent, when I am not. A good parent thinks about the kids before risking it all and shooting off his/her mouth. Or in the most recent case, at least trying to fake gratitude.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for sharing what is in your heart with us. Every day I go into my current job I feel like I am selling my soul to the devil for a paycheck. Yes, I need the paycheck - - but I don't keep my mouth shut either. As I have told my supervisor many times -- I am my own advocate there, and if I don't speak up for myself then no one else will. As an "older" employee in an office that is of much younger employees they are given preferential treatment and I am non-existent. The time when a supervisor "sticks up for" its employees when a customer is out of line is long gone. Employers, supervisors, have a narcissitic view of themselves. The days of me bowing down and paying homage to an employer / supervisor are long gone. I, too, keep my options opened for another employer, but I am much older now which makes me an "undesirable" applicant. You, on the other hand, are still in the "prime time" applicant range. So, keep those options opened, my friend.

The most wonderful part of my life is coming home to my precious little Noah. He is my world and my treasure. He is what keeps me grounded and focused on what is REALLY important.

Tracy, your precious Theresa and little Tang are YOUR life. Your beloved Sir Thomas knows you did the very best for him that you could at any given time under the circumstances of the time. And your precious Theresa and little Tang know this as well. Tracy, this all we mere mortals can do. In spite of all of our mistakes our precious and beloved companions somehow manage to look beyond our humanness and love us in spite of ourselves. This is a precious gift, Tracy. Accepting this gift is humbling, and confronts us with feelings of being "unworthy" of it. But if we weren't worthy of it, Tracy, we would not be the recipients of their undivided attention and unconditional eternal love.

The good news is that you are home now with your precious furkids, and all they want is to be with YOU. So, I hope you and your little furkids are enjoying this evening together. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
moon_beam

I appreciate what you are saying. I'll be OK eventually. Being scolded for a call being escalated is one thing. But to be told that's it's my fault a man threatened physical violence, in essence saying I created an environment where that's acceptable, is beyond irresponsible. This woman should be reported to security as a safety risk at the very least. What is sad, is that I know if I do this, nothing would happen. He could just as easily have threatened me insted of a random tech. This not only makes me feel devalued but unsafe. What she said is no better than telling a rape or violent crime victim they brought it on themselves. This action alone blaringly demonstrates she does not belong in a position of authority. It's hard to "get over" I have heard many "I can't beleive she said that" comments. But she knows nobody will make a move against her for reasons I can't mention in an open forum. But you are right in that Theresa and Tang want their daddy. And it's not fair that I let her take that away from us. I'll have to think on this all for a while. Thanks for your encouragement.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, you have done your job by reporting the threat to your supervisor. It is there in the records - - which I hope your supervisor cannot manipulate or erase. If possible, you may want to print out a copy of it and keep it in a safe place so that you will have proof should you need it. If anything happens between a company rep and the customer it will not be your fault. I truly am sorry that you have this degrading experience to deal with on top of the stress of your job. Receiving a threat is very unsettling, to say the least. One would think in this time where people go on shooting rampages that security of the employees would be a logical response in this case. However, I long ago came to the conclusion that supervisors / management leave their logic behind when they get the promotion. You know what the circumstances are at work, and only you can determine what the best course of action is for YOU - - to keep YOU safe and protected from any backlash from your supervisor. Whatever you decide, Tracy, you have my total support.

I hope today is being kind to you and your precious furkids, my friend. Just one more day to go and then it's weekend time with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope his ear is doing okay - - holding it's own - - and that the "growth" is getting a little smaller each day. I'm hoping to share wonderful news eventually that it has DISAPPEARED.

Tracy, please know you and your precious furkids are in my thought and prayers. I hope you will have a very peaceful and blissful evening together, and I look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Too many people have had their hands on that account for anything to "disappear" But neither do I think anything will be done about it. It's possible, however, she may not have gotten off as easy as imagined since every time she walked by my work area today she was glaring at me. I can't imagine why unless someone said something to her about blowing off the threat. But I'm not letting her or anyone else take away my focus on what is good in my life. I still have a job (for now, albeit contract) with plenty of OT on the horizon. I'm NOT on call this weekend, and I have my precious fur kids.

I didn't stop to think of the effect on them my being away so much on top of being so stressed/depressed that even when I was home, I wasn't really "there" They have been fighting a lot more than usual the past few days. I have broken up some real doozys last couple of mornings. I can't help but think that's because of what's been going on with me regarding work. Well, no more I promised them tonight when I got home. I guess they understood me, because they both perked right up and have slowly started to play again. Better than fighting. TGIF and then Caturday. I have nothing but grocery shopping to do then, and I am SO sleeping in with the kittles.

Hugs

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Stopping by to say hello and that I'm sorry you're having a bad time at work. I have no advice like moon_beam because as an artist, I always worked at home. Of course I always had to please the customer.

Try to relax this weekend and enjoy those sweet furbabies. I hope little Tang's ear is doing better....Tracy, you are always in my thoughts and prayers for things to get better for you....God Bless..

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just getting caught up with your news, and am chuckling about your supervisor. Sounds like she's got a burr in her skivvies for sure. Hope you're being able to stay out of her "line of fire". As my mom always used to say, "eventually the chickens will come home to roost." - - Perhaps your supervisor is having some accounting to do to HER supervisor. Perhaps.

The good news is that today is FRIDAY, you are NOT on call this weekend - - which means that once you leave the grounds of your employer and hit the public pavement it is YOUR time - - to do errands for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. AND - - no vet visits tomorrow. SO o o o o o - - ENJOY this wonderful weekend with your precious furkids, my friend, as they will indeed totally enjoy having you home with them.

"I didn't stop to think of the effect on them my being away so much on top of being so stressed/depressed that even when I was home, I wasn't really "there" They have been fighting a lot more than usual the past few days. I have broken up some real doozys last couple of mornings. I can't help but think that's because of what's been going on with me regarding work. Well, no more I promised them tonight when I got home. "

Yes, our furkids DO pick up on our emotions, and your precious Theresa and little Tang could possibly have been "acting out" your frustration. Tracy, you can't turn your emotions on and off like a light switch. And there really isn't any way you can disguise your feelings to your little furkids. Our precious furkids are just too perceptive and very smart - - they can see right through all the facades into our very hearts and souls. The good news is that your precious Theresa and little Tang are there for you to help you remember what is REALLY important - - like balcony time, and cleaning little Tang's ears, and feeding them, and snuggling with them, making sure they have the proper medical attention you can provide for them - - RESCUING your little Tang from his "high wire" ambitions, AND - - just BEING THEIR DADDY!!! This above all is THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB you will ever have and are eternally blessed with the privilege of their undivided attention and unconditional love. THIS IS YOUR LIFE, Tracy - - your employment is just what you do to cover the expenses. It has NOTHING to do with who you are, for you are MORE IMPORTANT AND MORE VALUED THAN what your employer "allows" you to be during your work schedules. - - Oh my - - another "pep talk", but I hope that somehow it offers you some encouragement and support - - and affirmation that the truth is the problem is NOT with you, Tracy - - it is strictly with your supervisor and employer.

So, my friend, I hope today has been a decent one for you in the slave pit. I hope that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and a WONDERFUL Caterday and weekend. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thank you so much LoveMyMickey and moon_beam for the encouragement.

Today started out slow but got slammed the rest of the day, especially the last hour I was there. 50 calls in queue at 6:30 when I left, SO glad for my new shift once again. Thankfully my last call was an outage that I milked to the end. I did NOT want an ugly credit or reconnect call to delay me (whew) Buses were on time, so I decided to stop at the store by my bus stop to pick up stuff to make a BIG salad; was getting tired of the take out grind.

I only saw this "manager" once today at the water/ice dispenser. She glared and said nothing, not even 'hi' like she used to. Since I haven't seen the hatchet man from Today's Staffing, you may be right moon_beam about her having had a talking to about the incident.

The mass in Tang's ear looks about the same. I don't THINK it's getting any bigger, but hard to tell. The vet seemed reluctant to take any action at this time, so I guess I just continue the cleanings and drops and hope for the best. I need to pick more of drops tomorrow as they were out last week, and I'm out now.

I know my job does not define me. I gave up long ago trying to get fulfillment from that. A "career" just isn't in the cards for me I guess. I just hope I keep having a job that either pays well enough and/or has some OT ans health insurance. My most important job now is being a cat dad for Theresa and Tang. And keeping the flame of Tom's memory alive in our hearts. I know Tang never met Tom in this world, but I continue to think that Tom led him to me and whispers in his ear from time to time.

TGIF! and almost Caturday! 79 outside right now, so balcony time would seem in the cards for tonight. Tang was a perfect gentleman out there last night. Didn't so much as poke his head under the railing once. Just basked in the fresh evening air.

TTFN from

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to log in this morning to get caught up on your news. It is CATURDAY - - HURRAY!!! And I'm SO GLAD to know that you were able to leave your employment on time last night. That is always helpful. I'm chuckling at your last call - - so glad your work week and day ended on a more positive note.

Hope you're able to get more drops for your little Tang's ear, and glad to know that the "growth" seems to at least be remaining stable. An e-mail friend of mine has a mixed Spaniel who has a history of very serious ear infections, and then growths began in both ears. One ear was so bad that the poor little girl's ear c&%^ had to be removed - - which made her deaf in that ear. But through the perseverence of my friend, she diligently kept cleaning both ears, and eventually - - miraculously - - the growth in the other ear completely disappeared. So, I am hoping and praying for this same miracle for your precious little Tang. But please know that whatever happens we are with you and your precious little boy to both help comfort you through your concerns and to celebrate your joys.

"My most important job now is being a cat dad for Theresa and Tang. And keeping the flame of Tom's memory alive in our hearts. I know Tang never met Tom in this world, but I continue to think that Tom led him to me and whispers in his ear from time to time."

Indeed your beloved Sir Thomas is forever with you, and there is NO DOUBT in my mind that your beloved son led little Tang to you and your precious Theresa. Your beloved Sir Thomas is very, very proud of you, Tracy, and is smiling with the greatest of approval as he watches you and his fur family members in your daily activities. And he is very much a part of them.

I hope today is being kind to you and your fur tribe. LOTS of quality time together. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I had more to do today than I thought. I woke up this morning to discover the nylon line that holds the left lense of my glasses had snapped. So I had to go to Dr. Bizers to have that fixed (I hate wearing my spares becsue they're out of alignment and can't be adjusted any more) With that done, I walked the rest of the way to the Kroger/PetSmart shopping center and remembered I had 2 RX to pick up. My Dr. gave me a supliment for the colcrys that was slow in healing my hand and wanted me back on the cholesterol med as well. But first had to pick up the drops for Tang at the vet a few doors down, where Dr. Mills wanted to make sure he got with me as he was too busy last weekend. The mark of a good vet I think. He'd said Tangs' original tumor was almost the size of a quarter and looked like chewed up bubble gum sad.gif So this was was nothing in comparison. Just to keep cleaning, drops and keep an eye on it. It may need surgery in 6 months or so he said. (sigh)

The rest of Caturday has been uneventful with naps all around. I have my cell on vibrate, but land line rang around 3:00; I ignored it. Wrong number anyway per the voice mail. I'm not on call and I'm not going in there. I just worked 8 days in a row and I'm beat. No, time for just me and the kittles this weekend smile.gif

Hugs

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing today. So glad you were able to do your errands, get your glasses fixed, get prescriptions refilled, and talk with your little Tang's doctor. The tumor that Dr. Mills removed sounds absolutely horrible. I am so hoping and praying that this new growth will resolve on its own. Yet I know that if little Tang ends up needing surgery to remove it, that you will be there to comfort him and provide him excellent care in his recovery.

Isn't having quality nap time with your precious Theresa and little Tang one of the many wonderful activities to have with them??!!!?? It has become progressively hot here today. We are now at about 95 degrees, - - so wish the temperatures would start backing off a bit. I hope the weather is pleasant at your homestead so that perhaps your precious Theresa and little Tang may be able to get some balcony time - - if daddy okays it.

Tracy, it is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news of how you and your furkids are doing. I hope you and your furkids will have a very pleasant and blissful evening. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I can see that you had a busy Caturday...Seems like there is always something to do, especially when you have furbabies. But they are worth it....Bringing in food and feeding our strays on the carport and wildlife in the back yard is extra work for us, but we love animals.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies get some balcony time if it isn't too warm AND "no circus acts for you Mr. Tang"..........I hope little Tang's ear problem heals without any surgery.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow and remember Tracy, you and furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers...

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

Tom's Dad

Don't think there will be any balcony time tonight as it's still 88 out. Have to come down about 10 more degrees which I doubt will happen before I retire to bed. I get up at 4 AM on Sundays to do laundry. I sounds extreme I know, but it's the only way I can get the laundry room to myself; sometimes not even then. I love to watch the drunken drug addled "partiers" stumbling in at that time. I probably will let them have some time for that hour my clothes are drying though, as I can watch Tang better. But, he's been bahaving himslef the last few nights, however.

TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Just an FYI. My internet is off and on. It's back up for now (possibly part of the knwon outage) But the phone tech thinks there may be something wrong with my modem too. No appointments that I can be home for until Saturday. So, if you don't see me post for a while, that's probably why sad.gif Last time it stayed up for a long time (until now actually) So I hope it stays up again, and I will keep the appointment to be on the safe side (I canceled it last time)
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just getting caught up with your news. High technology is great - - when it works - - but oh such a headache when it doesn't. It's always good to get a "tech check up" if you think there might be a problem. And I hope there won't be a charge for the check up.

Hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are enjoying this Cater-Sunday. I try to keep life here very low key on Sundays for Noah and me. Hope you got your laundry done, and perhaps your furkids enjoyed some balcony time early this morning, too.

Just wanted to stop by to say "hello" to you and your precious fur tribe, and hope that all of you will have a very peaceful and blissful afternoon and evening. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Internet is up at the moment. No charge for the appointment, it's part of my cable/phone service. In fact, I should be getting a credit from when it was down. Temps were fine for balconey time this morning, but unfortunately, it picked that hour that my clothes were drying to rain sad.gif So they missed out, and I know they were disappointed. Otherwise, it's been a lazy Sunday. Back to the salt mines tomorrow (sigh)

TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Grrrr..I just got knock off the internet. Couldn't get connected back until I restarted my computer.....I had just written a post to my thread to Mickey and was adding some pictures. So I lost the post.....I guess it will get done tomorrow. I'm finished for tonight.

I'm sorry little Tang and Theresa didn't get their balcony time this morning. I don't think the rain got here. I'm glad you all had a nice lazy Sunday anyway......I hope you have a better work week than last week.......Give the furbabies a pet for me.....You all are always in my thoughts and prayers.

TTFN

LoveMYMickey
moon_beam
"Temps were fine for balconey time this morning, but unfortunately, it picked that hour that my clothes were drying to rain So they missed out, and I know they were disappointed."

Hi, Tracy, just getting caught up with your news for the day. Oh - - I can just see the disappointment on the faces of your precious Theresa and little Tang: "Gee whiskers, dad, do you see what it's doing out there? Why does it have to rain NOW, daddy? Can't you make it stop, daddy?" And I can hear your tender response to them, "My children, I am so sorry, but I don't have any control over the weather. Let's see - - what can we do to bring a smile back? How about . . . . ."

I'm glad today has been a lazy Sunday for you - - a BIG improvement over last weekend thank goodness. One thing for sure -- I know your furkids are ever so glad to have daddy home regardless of what the weather is like outside. Having balcony time would have been a bonus, yes, - - but the BIG BONUS is having daddy HOME!!!

I'm glad there won't be any charge for your tech check up next Saturday - - that's always good news. I hope you and your fukids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that you will be able to get through your day back in the trenches tomorrow with as little hassle from your supervisor as possible. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad

Net still up so taking time to post (remember, if I don't for a while, you know why) Just woke up from a nap and Tang came sit by me and get some love which he got. He also got his ear cleaned since I had him right there and scooped him up into the bathroom for that. He looked at me as if to say "That was a dirty trick, dad *harumph*" Hoping my connection stays up, but still planning on having it checked out Saturday between 8-10 which is when I'm stiring to go grocery shopping anyway. Well, the end of the weekend is here, and my time with the kittles grows short. Going to try to enjoy that while I can....

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. I know your little boy does not hold a grudge about getting suckered into having his ears cleaned. I have to "make the best" of opportunities to corral my little Noah when it's time to take him to see his doctor. Whatever works, my friend.

I hope your work day has been decent and that you and your furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how things are going for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I don't know what Tang thinks about the ear cleanings after tonight. He immediately picked a fight with Theresa afterward. Last night he did the same when I scolded him for getting under foot and almost tripping me on my way to the bathroom. He scurried out with a pitiful meow and picked the fight. I had to holler at him 3 times before he backed down BOTH TIMES! Last night he laid down and glared at me for a good 10 minutes sad.gif I suppose though, I can take that as a good sign he's starting to get comfortable and acting like a normal "child" who's been scolded (sigh) I hope tonight it wasn't because I'd hurt him doing the cleaning.....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. I'm chuckling about little Tang. You need to remember that our furkids have a language all of their own, and as such, we don't always know exactly what they are communicating between one another. Perhaps Theresa could be laughing at Tang and teasing him for needing his ears cleaned, and so - - - - the normal reaction would be for Tang to let his sister know that he doesn't appreciate her sense of humor.

Tracy, my Oslo was the most patient, tolerant soul when it came to my nursing care of him. He, too, frequently needed his ears cleaned as they were prone to infections. As gentle as I would try to be there were times - - regrettably - - when he would give a yelp - - letting me know that I had gotten into something very sensitive. Still, I needed to clean his ears and get the ugly gunk out, and sometimes there would be some bleeding. Each and every time my Oslo forgave me for my clumsiness, and every time when it was ear care time he would turn his head for me so that I could get into his ears to clean away the gunk.

I know beyond all shadow of a doubt that your precious Tang KNOWS you love him and would NEVER hurt him deliberately. So, please let your heart and mind be at peace about this, my friend. Not even a vet or vet tech could do what you do any better. I would share some of the things that would happen with Oslo with my vet, and she would very comfortingly reassure me that even the "pros" encounter similar experiences.

Apparently from what I have heard on the news this area had a bit of a shake, rattle, and roll (earthquake) this afternoon. It's not the first time this has happened in the area. Perhaps I should look into earthquake insurance??

I hope today is being kind to you in the trenches, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening together. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Yeah, it occured to me Theresa could have been instigating. She sure did with Tom. I guess it was the timing. That, and I've been a little more protective of her since Tom passed. Both are doing well tonight. I'm getting more gunk from the outer ear and less from the inner on Tang's cleanings. I'm hoping that's a good sign. The mass is about the same. Work was a mixed bag. Mostly reconnects from the people that either "forgot" yesterday to call or didn't want to wait on hold (20 minutes tops at the height of the rush) being nasty about next day service because they waited so long to call. Oh well, it's almost the middle of the week now. Time for quality time with the kids.

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in to see how things are going before I shut down this gizmo for the evening. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are enjoying this time together, and that you will have peaceful slumbers tonight. Hope your day tomorrow is a bit easier. Yep - - tomorrow is Wednesday - - one day closer to the end of Friday and the lead in to Caturday.

Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Well, another day over. Two more to Caturday. On call tertiary just Sunday, and supposed to be clear skies. I signed up next Sunday tertiary as well, just to keep the points going. I figure, worst case, at least I'll still have Friday night and Caturday free and clear smile.gif

Hoping not to get called for either as Labor Day is coming up, and I get paid for holidays now. More time with the kittles. The babies are well, if hiding. It was a vacuum night or the "Big Red Tang Eater" as my boy refers to it wink.gif Hope you and all our LS friends are well tonight. Especially after that earthquake sad.gif

TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just stopping in to say "hello" and "good night" before I shut down and sign off for the evening. It's always good to log in to get caught up with your news.

I hope you are spared any weekend work, Tracy. After working in the pit all week you need the physical and emotional break from the stress of work, even though the overtime funds do come in handy, I know. I hope everything works out for you in your favor.

I'm smiling at your little Tang's reaction to the vacuum cleaner. Seeing the world through our furkids eyes is always awesome and can be amusing. I hope you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow at work will be decent. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I took next Sunday on call because holidays and their weekends tend to get the most drafts. And I'd rather be tertiary OC then have to actually work Labor Day for real. Earlier Theresa and Tang were sitting in the living room just as mellow as can be. I just love the way Tang sits with one paw crossed over the other, just the way Tom used to - the perfect gentleman. It was a "Kodak" moment. No balcony time tonight as we had 95 high w/ index of 100. But the AC hums away w/o a flaw.

Hugs from the fur Tribe

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, always good to log in to get caught up on your news. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang have had a good day. I know this day has greatly improved for you getting home to your precious furkids, and your furkids are ever so glad to have daddy home. And I'm glad to know the AC continues to work - - that is a blessing in this very hot and humid weather.

I'm smiling at your "Kodak" moment with your furkids last night. These moments make everything else just seem so unimportant, don't they?

We have had some typical thunder showers this evening, which is nice since we have been quite dry over recent weeks. I hope if you get any storms in your neighborhood that they will not constitute your having to be called to "active duty".

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and look forward to knowing how things are going for each of you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.