Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, soggy T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know this weekend is going to be a challenge for you and I know you will be ever so glad when it is over with - - when you can get your normal routine back and not have to function on the zombie level. Will look forward to knowing how things go for you.

Another soggy day here in Virginia, and my precious little Noah is soooo bored. Temps are little warmer today in the 70's which has helped to take some of the dampness feeling out of the basement living quarters. Caught up on some financials today in preparation for the meeting I will have with my tax preparer next month sometime. Life is chugging along here steady as she goes.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and partly sunny and warm TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dreary weather. Poor Noah, bless his heart, has no sunbeams or wildlife to observe sad.gif I hope it clears up soon. I also hope all goes well with your taxes, my friend.

Yes, this weekend will be a challenge. I'm trying not to dwell on it so I can at least enjoy my Caturday. Even Sunday itself will not be so bad, but Monday morning getting flooded with calls from customers who did not call in or go online to register will not be at all fun blink.gif Especially after only 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours of sleep (sigh) So I will indeed be glad when it's over. It's been slow today for a Friday. In fact it's been fairly slow all week. The calm before the storm, I'm sure.

Well, time to pack it up and trek on home to my precious Theresa and Tang to try to enjoy TGIF and Caturday. I hope today has been most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies are doing well this evening. I'm sad tonight. White Collar came back here to die. I noticed that he was eating less each day, and all of a sudden I got a good look at his whole body and he was getting very thin. I thought maybe it was a different cat. Last evening I took some can food out there for him. He ran under the car like always, but came out and ate it all when I went back in the house. This morning he was laying in the container bed we made for the cats. I could see his face with a flashlight but couldn't see if he was breathing. I could tell by his eyes that he was alive and when he made a little snort it scared me. His eyes gradually changed during the day and he was gone a few hours ago. He was peaceful looking all day so I don't think he was in any pain. He might have been there all night, I don't know. Anyway I'm glad I gave him a good meal last night. My husband put him wrapped in his bedding, in a little plastic container. sealed up. Somebody will have to pick up the body. Humane Society and dog catcher are closed until Monday.............That all brought back memories when Mickey passed, especially his little eyes.

Have a blessed weekend, Tracy, and cherish your furbabies......God Bless.

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

Theresa and Tang are doing OK. Thank you for asking. I am so very saddened to hear about White Collar sad.gif It's a testament to your kindness that he felt comfortable enough to come there when his time came. Could you perhaps give him a burial somewhere on the property? Your kindness to the neighborhood waifs is an inspiration to us all. And you do at least get to see first hand how it's helping them. I only see an empty spot behind the dumpster to show the food I put out has been eaten. I hope White Collar found his way to the Bridge into the loving paws of your sweet Mickey and my precious Sir Thomas. God Bless.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Thank you Tracy......We found a place where the dirt is soft in a small flower bed right around the corner from the carport. There's nothing growing on this end and it measures out perfectly for his little container........I didn't want my husband digging in the big flower bed because the dirt is hard and he has heart trouble. I'm so glad White Collar can stay here.....Oh I'm sure Mickey and Sir Thomas helped White Collar find his way to the Bridge and they are showing him around Heaven.

Tracy, it shows you have a kind heart and love for animals by feeding the little strays, even though you might not see them.......I hope you and Theresa and Tang have a happy Caturday...God Bless...

LoveMyMickey......P.S. I found a White Collar look a like on Google. He wasn't quite this big, but had that big fuzzy tail and a small whie spot on his back.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope your errands went well and that you are being able to enjoy most of this day with your precious fur tribe.

It is a beautiful sunny day here, pleasant temps - - Noah is enjoying the sunbeams so much. This morning he was gleefully rolling around in the sunbeams as they came through the basement windows. His tummy is content now with lunch, and he is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the west windows.

Still busy with the gathering of financial information for my meeting with my tax preparer sometime next month. Was finally able to finish the file for my 2012 tax records, and that is now filed away - - thank goodness. One thing leads to another and then another and another - - my poor little Noah needed to let me know that his tummy was telling him it was time for lunch - - and he was right. He is sooooo precious.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make in a few minutes. The Preakness coverage begins at 5 p.m., and I will be watching that.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tangkindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

I'm glad you were able to find a spot by the carport to lay little White Collar to rest. I seems only fitting since he chose to come there to spend what I'm sure he knew were his final hours. It's a testament to your kindness that he made that choice. He is now in the company of your precious Mickey and my special man Sir Thomas. You can take comfort in the fact you helped ease his transition. God Bless for all the good work you do for all the neighborhood waifs.

Thank you moon_beam, and sunny warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad your weather has improved and that Noah once again has sunbeams in which to bask. And that is doing so on a full tunny. Glad to hear all is proceeding on schedule with your taxes too.

Today I got in from my errands by 12:15 without any issues. Tang has me a bit worried with the thing in his ear. He's been fussing with it more, and it looks a little bigger. Here again I do not know if it is, or seems so due to the fussing. The color of it does not look bad, and he's not dug at it hard enough to bleed lately, but still it worries me as financially there is not a blessed thing I can do right now other than keep it cleaned out. Right now he's ensconced on pillows on the sofa and he does not seem to have a lot of energy. I just hope that's because it's quite warm and perhaps this is his normal napping time. he seems to want to be near me more than usual; that's what Tom did in his final days and that has me worried. Of course in Tom's case, his deterioration was fairly obvious, and this is not the case with Tang. He's a good weight, eating and drinking normally and will play if engaged. I just hope I'm not going to lose another one so close to the angelversary. Any prayers would be appreciated.

I hope today has been kind to you both and that you, Noah and the neighborhood waifs all have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your kind words. We miss little White Collar even though we didn't get to touch him. He was always scared. We do consider it an honor that he came back here. I noticed he had been hanging around here more in the evening on the rug, I guess he was comfortable.

Oh, I hope Tang is okay. Of course that sweet boy will be in my prayers. I hope his ear gets better......I hope you and furbabies have a cozy evening and a blessed Sunday......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
You're most welcome LoveMyMickey

White collar was fortunate to find the loving shelter and food you tend to. Taking it one day at a time with Tang. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - as well as can be expected knowing that you will need to leave them later on to go to work. So glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday in a timely manner, and hope your laundry chores went smoothly as well.

I do so understand your concern for your precious little Tang, his ear, and his general health with the additional concern of diabetes added to his list of medical challenges. I do know that doing one's best doesn't always seem "good enough" - - especially when we see them "acting differently" but nothing specific or overt symptoms to verify our concerns. As I told my precious Noah's veterinary care provider when I took him in for his first senior wellness check up that I did not want to become an "hysterical" caregiver but that his need for surgery for a twisted intestine has had an effect on me - - especially since he is the sole survivor in my little household. So, yes, my friend, I truly DO understand your concerns for both your precious little Tang and Theresa.

I hope the growth in his ear is remaining stable and that his ear will not require any additional intervention other than the routine cleaning you are diligently and lovingly providing. The weather DOES affect the energy levels of our precious companions - - just as it affects us. Just keep a loving vigil of your precious companions, my friend. I know they are in the best care of their Forever Dad.

I hope your time at work will go quickly, my friend, and that you will be able to get home in a timely manner to be with your precious companions for quality time - - before you have to do the routine all over again tomorrow morning. It seems to me you should have a day off this week to compensate you for the loss of your day off today. Employers really know how to twist the labor laws to suit their schemes.

Noah is a happy camper with the sunbeams again today. As I'm writing to you he is curled up on his window perch next to the bed watching the woodland residents with great interest.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, that your travels to and from work will be safe and expedient - - especially homeward - - so that you and your precious companions will be able to share some quality time before you have to do the work routine all over again Monday. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and partly sunny and sometimes rainy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Thank you for the kind words in regard to Tang. I know I am doing the best with what I have, but it still kills me that I can't do more. It will probably be 2-3 weeks (when I get this last loan paid off, and hopefully don't need another one, or at least not as much) before I can get him in to be seen. But, in the mean time I just keep cleaning and vigil. What worries me too is he's being a lot less tolerant to said cleanings, even though I'm as gentle as I can be while still getting the job done unsure.gif

A day off would have been nice, but it would have shorted me 8 hours as our weeks end on Sundays. So there is no winning there (sigh) I'm glad to hear Noah has his sunbeams and a full tummy. I just have to get through about 5 hours and 45 minutes before I can go home. I made sure I did all my little "chores" before leaving today. So all I have to do when I get home is take care of the kids, shower and settle in - trying to get as close to 4 hours sleep as I can. Probably be closer to 3 dry.gif Then "hell" day tomorrow. They sure were not happy to see me go any more than I was to have to go. I find myself hoping this job "runs it's course" so I can really look for something better while qualifying for the maximum UE (which is about what I take home now with no OT, sadly)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy potentially stormy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits and hanging in here until you finally get home to your precious fur tribe later on this evening.

I am so glad to share your news that you will soon be able to get your last loan paid off by the end of this month. I can imagine what a WONDERFUL feeling that will be!! The "ideal" situation of course would be for you to acquire a good paying job in a supportive atmosphere within a minimal commute radius. I'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this WILL happen for you, my friend.

Ah yes - - even our furkids get tired of the "constants" from time to time. I'm sure it isn't because he's upset with your loving care. Like us they just get tired of the picking and cleaning and sticking and probing - - and the only way they have to protest is the squirming and pawing and sometimes clawing and biting and hissing and growling and snarling and huffing. Anyone else may very well have abandoned Tang because of all of his medical issues - - instead he is blessed to have YOU for his Forever Dad.

The region is under a tornado watch until 10 tonight - - so I will probably be shutting down this whiz gizmo after I get this posted to you. We are now on the downside of a cloudburst that has passed over the homestead here, but no thunder or lightning or hail or twisting clouds. Noah is stretched out next to me keeping a safe vigil as I'm writing to you.

As I look at the clock my heart sinks for you in seeing that you still have a little less than 4 hours left to go in your day at work. As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly and that your travels home will be safe and expedient - - courtesy of your ride - - so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and warm, breezy Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I hope you are right about Tang's fussing, and that it's not because it's getting worse; I do so worry. I guess you are right that as little as I feel I'm doing, there are those with plenty of money who wouldn't even do that. (as your brother and sister in-law have sadly proven)

Sorry to hear about your weather and hope it does not get too bad. Work has been a nightmare, but it will be over soon. Not much time to write more and I'm sorry for that. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I so do hope today is going better for you at work, my friend, and that your ride home last night was compatible.

There were no tornadoes in this area last night but we did get a couple of gulley washer storms - - everything quieted down by 9 p.m.. Even though the region was under the warning the radar looked like the major storms were more to the east of the area - - so I'm hoping the folks toward the shore were safe last night.

Yesterday afternoon I noticed a small leak around the left screw that connects the water tank to the commode here in the basement living quarters. Simple fix, right? This morning I tried to get the nut loose so that I could replace the screw set and I could only get the nut loose enough to increase the leak when the water tank has water in it. Soooo - - - I finally bit the bullet and called the plumber who is supposed to be here sometime later this afternoon or evening to do this simple fix - - and pay the plumber over $100 to do it for me. This is soooo frustrating BUT it is necessary. I just don't have the ooomph in my hands and arms to get that blasted bolt loose enough to do the fix myself. Lunch is on the stove warming and I'm hoping to have it before I get the call that the plumber is on his way.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and Sunny, and hot Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm so sorry about the little leak that turned into larger repair job that you have to pay a plumber for. I know how frustrating that must be. I do hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction. I'm glad you didn't have any tornadoes to deal with though.

Today was not so good for me. They fed us lunch and dinner yesterday which tuned out to be a mixed bag. Because one of those meals had me up in wee hours tossing it up. Needless to say, by 5:30 when my alarm went off I was no better. I called my sup's cell and left a message. I also sent an email asking to come in at 8 the rest of the week to help mitigate the loss; no answer (sigh) So much for this week's OT. Theresa and Tang are doing OK, if a bit sluggish from the heat.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm humid steamy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry you were not feeling well yesterday, and hope you were able to go back to work today with a reasonable amount of feeling better. Yeah, unfortunately catered food can be a source of food poisoning - - even the more "milder" forms. Many people don't know this - - and the natural assumption is that catered food is supposed to be safe. But the safeness of the food varies from caterer to caterer, and the cleanliness of the facility in which the food was prepared as well as the cleanliness of the people handling the food, etc. - - which is why I stopped participating in catered meals while I was still employed and why I limit my eating out to whenever I visit with my brother and sister in law - - and even then I am very selective in what I order off the menu. Food poisoning is becoming more prevalent even in the foods that are purchased in the grocery store, so precautions all around are of the utmost importance.

The plumber arrived around 5 p.m. yesterday, and even HE had a struggle getting the bolt loosened to where he could then replace the screw and washer. While he was at it he replaced the other screw and washer as well - - the theory being that if one side is leaking it won't be long before the other side is leaking as well. After he got everything installed and tightened 45 minutes later, he turned the water line back on and everything was nice and dry once again. I have been checking all the water line connections periodically today and everything continues to be dry - - so it was worth the expense to get this project done, and didn't bite too much into my little "emergency fund" for things like this. I just prefer not to have to use it unless there is absolutely no other choice.

When I got up early this morning to give Noah his breakfast I looked out the big door and saw a young deer lying in the cool shade of the trees in the deep woodsy area of the back yard inside the fence line. He / she was thoroughly enjoying the coolness of the early morning shade. He / she is a young deer - - perhaps his / her beginning to be separated from mom. About 8:30 or so the deer decided it was time to move along. This was sooo exciting as this is the first time this spring I have seen a deer inside the yard - - this was a very welcome sight!!!

My precious Noah has had his lunch, has checked outside making sure his domain is intruder free, and is now giving himself a spruce up in preparation for his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do. Noah and I are enjoying not having to need a repair service done this afternoon. Just goes to show you that when you get used to a certain routine how things can turn sideways or even upside down when least expected - - or needed.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I also hope that you will be able to get your overtime to help with your finances. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and VERY hot and humid Wednesday greetings to you and Noah.

I can understand what you mean about catered food. But as the saying goes: "Beggars can't be choosers" and it's not often I get to eat at all well (getting sick not withstanding) We had Q-Doba today and it tasted OK. We were also in queue until about 5:15, but even then I got a few straggler calls. Thank goodness the last one was just to pay a bill. I got to start at 8 today and can tomorrow too. If I do that Friday I'll get 38.50 hours. But the OT is gone dry.gif I actually find myself hoping the contract will just end so I can concentrate on doing what's best for me and by extension, the fur kids.

I'm sorry you incurred the expense with the plumber, but I'm glad you got it fixed before you got any nasty surprises. What a wonderful sight on the young deer. I envy you that living in the country, my friend. Was Noah just as rapt with the sight? Speaking of which, glad to hear he's doing well with a full belly and sunbeams.

Now comes the time to pack up and head on home to the kittles. I have a new driver on my first bus (or so I was told last week) and my 2nd bus now runs 10 minutes later due to the route change. But at least I don't have to walk as far any more. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stormy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope today treated you more kindly at work, and that the overtime will help - - in some way. Hopefully by now you are home with your precious companions enjoying your evening together.

I am on generator power at the moment. The storm that came through around 3 p.m. has taken the power out. It is soooo nice having a working generator for the fridge, TV, and well. I lost a huge pine tree in the front over by the well - - the trunk was split mid shift, so I have a chain saw chore to do at some point in time. It's more of a nuisance at the angle it fell in terms of mowing, but I can live with that - - it didn't fall on the house so everything is just fine. Appalachian power does not know yet when power will be restored to the area, so I may have a gas can run to do tomorrow.

Once again, my friend, I hope today treated you more kindly at work, and that your travels home were safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny and a bit milder Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm so sorry to hear the storms knocked out your power unsure.gif I hope it's restored soon, and that you and Noah are OK. It is a good thing you had the foresight to have that generator ready. I hope you don't need it for too long.

Work was about the same today. I was told we took about 900 calls by around 2ish when we finally got out of queue. Of course a few mini queues persisted until after 5. And the Ohio call center was taking many of those calls too I'm sure. I can start at 8 tomorrow too, so I'm only 1.5 hours shy of 40. But no OT now (sigh) To top things off, I stupidly left the book I was reading on my first bus home. The sequel to the Time Machine that I wasn't even half way through.

When I got home, both kittles were waiting for me in the foyer. I commented to Tang that I was afraid to look at his ear, but it turns out it looked better than the last couple of days, thank goodness.. Not much else going on. I hope you and Noah are staying safe on generator power and that your evening is as peaceful as can be. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy - - ta da!!! I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend. Noah and I send you and your precious companions our - - stormy - - Monday greetings.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah and me during our Nature-imposed hiatus. Along with all the other chaos I was thinking of you and everyone here as well. I really, really, really missed being able to log into this wonderful forum.

Glad you were able to get your overtime, and hope you and your precious companions had a decent weekend - - much better than last weekend. Sorry about your book - - perhaps you can find another copy of the book sometime. So glad to know that your precious Tang's ear is holding its own - - this is very good news indeed.

Afternoon storms are passing overhead again and tomorrow is supposed to be more stormy. Since I took today to restock my coffers tomorrow I will need to go into town to get Noah's dry food from the vet so I imagine that will be a wet drive. My precious Noah is enjoying his afternoon nap snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you. Feeling his sweet precious little body snuggled next to me always brings great joy to me - - and has been especially comforting over the past few days.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, and welcome back! We are now having a nasty storm here.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with so much stress with the power out and the plumbing. I can imagine it was quite scary. I hope you don't have to deal with anything like that again any time soon.

I didn't get any actual OT, but did get a few hours to shore things up a little. Tang's ear was doing well, but it's an on again, off again proposition (sigh) I would call the vet, but I know I will be told short of surgery, the cleaning is all I can do. I know it's not life threatening, but it is quality of life affecting, bless his little heart. I can't even do the steroid shot to shrink it because that messes with the insulin. So, I keep muddling through feeling like a failure, all the while he just keeps on loving me anyway. The loss of the book was a bummer with a silver lining. I stopped by BME and cleared out my credit with 5 books both part of a series (3 and 2 respectively) that are fairly recent. So, that's about 2200 pages to keep me busy.

Work has continued to be a drag, staying in queue most of the day. They offered lunch to anyone willing to give up their 1/2 hour. I declined. I also kept my peace on the legality (or rather the illegality) of that per the labor laws. I really do hope this contract ends soon so I can go on some interviews. It's still a nasty storm out there, so going home will be fun (not) I hope today has been kinder to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, yet another rainy day greeting to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to find two suitable replacement books for the one you "donated" on the bus. Good reading, my friend!!

Yes, I do understand your concerns for your precious Tang's ear including with regard to the chronic problem of being a quality of life issue. The good news is that you ARE doing everything in your power to provide him a GOOD quality of life because of, in spite of, and regardless of his many medical challenges. Your precious Tang DOES know he is blessed to have you for his Forever Dad. And this is evident in your loving heart to want to do MORE for him, and wishing you could do so. Believe me, my friend, even if you were financially wealthy you would still feel the same way - - because when it comes to true love there is always "never enough" we can do for our precious companions.

I am so nodding my head in total understanding about your observations about "legal / illegal" actions of employers. Although labor laws are supposed to protect employees from abuse of employers, employers have high paid legal departments to study the laws to find the loopholes to determine just how much they can get away with while not quite stepping over the boundaries. I do so hope and pray that you can find a job that will offer you some form of positive satisfaction and encouragement, will be an easy commute for you, and will offer you and your precious companions financial stability.

Had an early morning trip into town to pick up another bag of Noah's dry food from the vet's office. Shortly after I got back home got a call from a contractor I had contacted yesterday - - actually from his son - - his father is out of town but wanted to call and let me know they had received my voice mail message and this his father would be in touch with me tomorrow to arrange an appointment about a new emergency generator.

Next week I have an eye exam and this afternoon have been working on filling out the many new patient forms. My last eye exam - - with a different practice - - was 2006. Haven't had the funds available to pay for an eye exam and new glasses because the funds have needed to go toward other bills and medical needs for my precious companions. But since January I have been setting aside some funds each month for an eye exam and new glasses, and I think I have now saved enough to cover at least the major portion of the exam and specs. It is definitely time for another eye check up, and if I'm short of saved funds the practice I will be going to is a participating member of the CareCredit medical credit card network. I do not have vision coverage on my major medical health insurance, so no assistance there.

A generator contractor is scheduled to be here in about 45 minutes so I better start getting ready for his arrival. I have been doing some research on propane and propane tanks - - and this is helping me to be able to make a list of questions I can ask him and any other generator contractor who may come to give me an estimate.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello, moon_beam, and sunny and not too hot Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Did I miss something in your previous post? What's wrongs with your generator that you have to get a new one? I do hope you are able to get that taken care of with a minimal expense. I also hope everything goes well with your eye exam; I am long overdo for that myself. But, I'm not carrying any insurance now so I'm out of luck. Just have to make do with the glasses I have had since about 2003.

It was actually 5 books. One trilogy and one that may be a trilogy, but the 3rd one hasn't come out. Not bad for a swap. Thank you so much for the encouragement about Tang. I'm ever amazed at his positive attitude and his loving affection of his old dad even though I can only do the minimum for him it seems. One thing I have noticed is that the tissue is scabbing in some areas which I would think indicates an attempt to heal. Whether that's on it's own, or from his scratching I don't know. I'm hoping it's ultimately positive though.

They did the lunch thing again, for which I declined. I'd rather have my 1/2 hour away and provide my own food, thank you. I just keep my mouth shut about it though. Between that and not really connecting with anybody here (even the ones I don't despise) I really feel a change is due. I hope one is coming because it's been a rough 3 years on me and the fur tribe. I appreciate the good wishes and hopes in that area.

Well, my friend, it's time to pack up and trek home. At least it's not raining this time. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most tranquil evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work.

So glad your precious little Tang's ear is looking better - - at least last night. Having it heal on its own - - finally - - would be an answer to prayer for him, and for you. Please continue to let us know how your precious little boy, and Theresa, are doing.

The generator that I have almost caught fire Friday evening - - the motor got very hot and began to melt the vinyl siding on the house. Needless to say this REALLY upset me - - BIG TIME - - and that's putting it very mildly - - major panic attack time. Saturday I was able to find someone to look it over and reassure me that I could still use it - - but only for very brief periods of time to watch the news for storm recovery updates, etc., and so that I could warm my veggies for lunch. But to continue to use it as an emergency power back up - - NO. So, Monday I began my quest - - agian - - to contact generator contractors. Thecontractor who came last night was very kind but did not exude any confidence. This morning another contractor arrived on the scene who has been hired and will be installing a propane back up generator next Friday, 6/28 - - which will be the one year anniversary of the major storm that came through the area causing a major power outage for several days - - which was the event that led me on the journey of getting an emergency generator in the first place. The cost of the NEW generator will be double from the cost I paid last year -- but it will be within manageable financial means. The GOOD NEWS is that the cost includes a maintenance contract on the generator with the company, 24 / 7 emergency call response, etc.. So the additional service IS worth the additional cost. Still waiting to get a call back from a tree contractor to address the issue of the huge pine tree leaning toward the road. It looks like the lean has stabilized with the current weather conditions. If it looks like it is beginning to lean further toward the road before I can get a contractor to come then I will call the sheriff's department for assistance. So, that's the "saga of the generator" and status of the "storm damage recovery."

Soon you will be able to pack up your things and head homeward to your precious fur tribe who I know are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, and pleasant sunny Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I am SO sorry to hear about your generator catching fire and the resulting damage. That must have been so frustrating and scary ohmy.gif It's good to hear that the new one will be worth the expense. Still, it's a bummer to have to start all over again unsure.gif I hope you are able to get the tree taken care of too with minimal fuss, my friend. You and Noah will be in our prayers.

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words in regard to Tang's ear. I also hope it's a good sign. Through it all he maintains such a positive, loving attitude. I have to believe (hope anyway) that means it's perhaps not so bad as I tend to imagine. He's good in all other resects. Eating/drinking normally, no litter box issues, and has a good weight and level of energy for the most part. Sometimes I think hope is all I have left.

Work was much more "normal" today in that we didn't really queue. We were out by 2:00 Monday and 12:00 yesterday, so it's trending OK. Personally I think the Ohio TWC call center is taking more calls as more people get trained in our markets. Which lends credence to my theory that some/most/all of us are on our way out. I probably should be upset by this, but in all honesty I'm not. Best of luck to our business customers as my experience has shown me that TWC reps have no soft or trouble shooting skills. I won't even get started on my own experience with the residential chat support.

I am now getting ready to pack up and trek home to my darling fur babies. The weather is nice, so just hoping my buses are on time. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope is all ANY of us have, my friend - - hope and faith that the "good" we try to do will somehow count, my friend, so please know that you are in very good company.

Finally made contact with a young man who does "handyman" services - - so that he can fix my mailbox. He is supposed to come sometime next week to try to tackle the job. Also got the mowing done in the front yard - - and contacted another tree contractor who put me on his schedule - - 2 weeks from now.

My precious Noah is snuggled next to me with his paws over his eyes taking a nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, and sunny warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Yes, I suppose hope is all any of us has. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, just pondering. I had forgotten about your mail box, I hope they can get that fixed without too much trouble. Are you still able to get your mail? I hope you are able to get the tree taken care of soon. I'm sure that will be load off your mind.

Work was busier than yesterday, but still nothing like Monday and Tuesday or last week. I'm thinking this is the beginning of phasing us out. dry.gif As I said before, best of luck to those customers because Ohio agents have no idea what they are doing it seems.

Not much else going on. Getting ready to pack up and head home to Theresa and Tang. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you and your precious Theresa and little Tang our T G I F greetings from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry that you are having to anticipate being unemployed once again, my friend. So - - what is going to happen to the office you have been working in? If all the tech support is shifting over to Ohio, will all the employees now working tech support in Kentucky be laid off too? I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will obtain employment quickly, my friend - - better salary, easier commute, etc.. Please let us know how things go.

Today has been a very pleasant day here - - no storms in the weekend forecast. My precious Noah is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the west windows, and I still have the lunch dishes to do.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, and sunny and warm first day of summer TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah

Thank you for the support and well wishes. There is nothing "official" but then, there never is. Just an educated guess based on past experience. The last thing we were told in a meeting is "I can't promise anything after the end of this year" I figure the contractors will go first, followed by the FTEs. They think they are safe, but they're not. It just does not make any sense to keep, what, a dozen or so agents staffed here when they already have a fully staffed call center in Ohio. I figure they might keep residential here as a token to the city government in regard to the franchise, but that does not help me any. As I said before, I'm almost ready for it to be over. I'll keep you posted on events though.

Glad you don't have any storms to deal with. We don't either, just going to be hot. I'm glad Noah could enjoy some sunbeams to bask in too. Not much else going on. Getting ready to bail and head home to the fur kids. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, just wanted to wish you and your fur kids a happy Cat-urday. smile.gif Hope all is well and that you are having a relaxing weekend. Mindy and Shelley are glad to have me home on the weekend as always. I can tell when Mindy gets more talkative that she's happy. We had a nice play session with Mindy trying to grab the "bad" pink hugger toy. She saw a blue jay out on the roof the other day and was so fascinated by the bird.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to get your errands completed reasonably early today so that you and your precious fur tribe have been able to enjoy the majority of today together. Today has been bill-a-thon planning day, so the checks are written that need to be mailed, and Monday will begin the task of paying others online. I have been searching for a new chain for my chain saw - - need to call Troy Bilt to make sure the one I found online is the one for my saw before I order it. Also have been browsing new chain saws to have a back up on hand and found a couple on Amazon that look promising - - particularly if Troy Bilt has "discontinued" parts for my little saw - - which would be typical. Also need to order a new cartridge for my laser printer - - it's finally low enough on ink that shaking the cartridge isn't doing much good anymore.

Noah is doing well. He is snuggled next to me taking his afternoon after lunch nap as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the wobbly mailbox to make. Oh me - - how the world does come to a screaching halt over a listing mailbox.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom, and pleasant Caturday to you, Mindy and Shelley as well.

Glad to hear both of your girls are doing well. Chuckling at Mindy "talking" and attacking the toy during play time. I hope you all had a good day and that your weekend is most pleasant. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam and pleasant Caturday to you and your precious Noah as well.

Actually I got a fairly late start to my errands, but it did give me the chance to take advantage of the new bus route and not having to walk as far going up anyway. I say going up because I had to bite the bullet and go all the way down to the Kroger shopping center to get my unruly mop cut. The stylist was very good in explaining she was going to do a scissor cut only and layer it (no clippers) because that works better for people with a cowlick and thick hair. Darned is she wasn't right; best cut I've had in may moons. Hopefully it will last a while. Then to Kroger and home. The downside being that I was gone 3 hours rather than the usual 1 and 1/2. Didn't leave much for cuddle and nap time, but there is always tomorrow. It was too darn hot for balcony time too, bless the fur babies hearts. Also, perhaps tomorrow morning.

I hope you find what you need for your chainsaw, and are able to get an ink cartridge that works for you. That poor mail box. It sounds like you are at least getting your mail though. I hope you can get that fixed too with little trouble and expense.

Not much else going on. Getting ready to clean Tang's ear and food, water, litter box detail. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that your evening is most blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your travels yesterday were so long, but yet they were profitable in that you got things done that you needed to. Hope your precious fur tribe are enjoying quality balcony time today.

Today is quiet here - - what a difference a week makes. Noah and I are enjoying the big door open for fresh air and the welcome songs of the woodland residents. Lunch has been served, and my precious Noah is snuggled next to me taking his afternoon repose as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, and hot Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Yes, what a difference a week makes. I'm glad you and Noah are OK though. I'm also glad you are both able to enjoy some nice weather. Too hot for that here. But it was cool enough to let them out while my clothes were drying; no issues there thank goodness. Going down to the laundry room I saw a couple of the strays trying to take advantage of the cooler air (I get up at 4:30 to do my wash) I was only able to get close enough to one to get a good look. Poor waif probably wasn't even a year old, and looked very much how I imagine Tom would have as a youngster; really tore my heart out.

There was some nice cuddle times today, even Tang came and laid on my chest and purred for a bit, followed by Theresa. His ear is still an ongoing challenge. I just wish I knew what more I can do. I don't guess it would hurt to call the vet to at least confirm that. In the mean time, I just keep doing my best as you have said. That and hope/pray, because we both know how much that has done for the rest of my daily life (not) But, I just keep trying to tell myself it could be worse. And it has been for me at times.

Not much else going on here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies had a good weekend. I'm so sorry about Tang's ear, but you are doing the best you can. I will keep him in my prayers, as well as you and little Theresa.

We got poor little White Collar buried in the small flower bed. I keep thinking about how he/she chose to come back here to die. It was truly an honor.....We haven't seen any more cats and I don't think White Collar had a sibling. I think he just looked different as he was getting sick. I heard on TV that outdoor cats only live 2 to 5 years, so maybe they have died or have been picked up. We do have 2 raccoons that eat every night. I named the smaller one Andy and the big one Bear. I guess we're helping something and they are cute. smile.gif

Well, Tracy, I hope you have a quiet cozy evening with your precious Sgt. Tang and Princess Theresa and a pleasant work week. TTFN and God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

I'm still so very sorry to hear about White Collar. It is indeed an honor that he chose there as his final resting place. In the one place he felt loved even a little. Truly a testament to your kindness. On the one hand, it's sad that you have not seen any more cats, but on the other perhaps a good sign that there may be fewer homeless. At least the raccoons appreciate the help. Just keep doing what your doing as it really does make a difference. Thank you for the well wishes for Tang and Theresa. BTW, I'd wished I had a camera earlier as they were laying next to each other just as peaceful as can be. Peace and Blessings. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm sultry summer greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad your laundry time went well yesterday and that your precious fur tribe had a chance for balcony time. Also very glad you were able to enjoy sweet cuddle times with your precious Theresa and little Tang. Somehow its the cuddles and rubs and trills that help to make everything okay. I hope your vet is able to offer you some additional ideas as to how to help your little boy's ear. I do understand how concerned you are for him, my friend. Please let us know how he's doing.

Today has been pretty much focused on paying and scheduling bills online. I did find an online vendor that sells the chain I need for my saw, so I ordered two which fits comfortably in my budget. I hope to receive them by the end of the week. I also got the toner cartridge ordered for my printer. I also needed to get another tube of Laxatone for my precious Noah, and as I was looking for it I noticed that it now comes in the form of chewy treats. So I thought I would give that a try for a change and see how he likes it. Both the toner cartridge and Laxatone "treats" are available through Amazon, so I ordered them and they should be delivered by Wednesday. Good ol' Amazon. Renewing my Prime account has paid off.

Lunch has been served and my precious Noah is snuggled next to me taking his afternoon nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam (sultry, I have not heard that term to describe the weather in a while) and equally warm, muggy Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad you were able to find your chains and toner without much fuss, as well as the Laxatone treats. Is that for his intestinal issues? Bless his heart.

Thank you for the well wishes about Tang, I will let you know how things are going, as always. You're right the cuddles, nuzzles and trills do make things seem so much better. And Tang really does trill like a tribble when he purrs wub.gif One would be hard pressed to find a kitty man with a better attitude and outlook on life. Especially with all his issues.

Work was more of a typical Monday. The final transition is this weekend for Ohio, which is already quasi TWC anyway. Just OT for Monday, no Sunday this time thank goodness. I didn't like this job before the transition, and I like it even less now. I know it sounds like I'm carping, and maybe I am. But it helps me to put it out there. I keep praying every day for something better to come my way.

Well, time for me to pack up and trek home to my precious fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, your Tang sounds like a real sweet cat...I can just imagine how much you like his trilling purr. I think a purring cat is one of the most comforting sounds there is. Btw. the Laxatone is for hairballs. I have some for Shelley, but it's the paste kind. I didn't know it comes in treats as well. Shelley likes it, but Mindy is not too crazy about it. There are some hairball remedies that are petroleum free, but the one I've tried was real runny, and I didn't like that. My poor Tina always had problems with hairballs because of her fine, downy fur. When I would take some of her fur and bunch it up some hairs would stick out and it would feel real prickly so I can imagine how much it irritated her intestines. Danny's fur was longer and thicker and not prickly at all when bunched up.

I hope Tang and Teresa are well. I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing struggle with Tang's ear, but you're doing the best you can. I'm sure he appreciates your efforts to keep his ear clean even it it doesn't always feel so good to get it cleaned.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

He really is a sweet cat with a great attitude. That's what makes it so much harder for me to see him deal with it. But, like you said, I'm doing my best, and he endures it and loves all the same. Plus, I have been assured it's not cancerous/life threatening (small comfort) Now, that you mention it, I think I have a tube of that for Theresa; have not needed since I started regular brushings though. Thanks for stopping by and your well wishes. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just stopping by to say hello and hope you are having a good day....That is a blessing that Tang's ear isn't cancerous, but I know it hurts to see him suffer with it.

Andy came by last evening way before dark while my husband was putting the food out (he always puts out a big spread for the animals). He looked around and there was Andy sitting a few feet away by White Collar's gravesite. He came back in the house, and Andy went on and ate. He passed on the cat food and ate the leftover pizza. He is a small tan raccoon and doesn't seem to be too afraid although he keeps his distance. We don't like to get too close to them because we don't want to get attacked like the Turtle Man from Ky. on Animal Planet. sad.gif

Tracy, I hope you have a good afternoon and a cozy evening with your furbabies. I hope little Tang's ear is better today....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

For the well wishes for Tang. I do my best (sigh) Thank you for sharing Andy's activities with me. Almost sounds like he was paying his respects to White Collar. Hope Mickey sends you some white butterflies today. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, muggy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

As DannysMom has responded, the Laxatone is to help him pass furballs instead of having upset tummies to expel them. He will tolerate brushing on occasion but doesn't like it as his beloved beautiful baby sister Abbygayle did. Her fur was long, thick and luxurious - - so I imagine the deep brushing did feel good to her. He has shorter, less thick hair so brushing and combing probably doesn't feel as comfortable to him. Also, since his surgery last year he has developed a bit of a challenge with constipation which I spoke with his doctor about during his April senior wellness check, and which was one of the reasons why she did a quick sonogram to make sure there weren't any problems developing tumor-wise, or him developing a secondary problem known as megacolon - - both of which were negative. So the Laxatone helps him with both issues, which is satisfactory to both me and his doctor - - and provides welcome assistance to my little boy. As with humans, the physical bodily functions have a tendency to slow down with age, and this can also be true for our precious companions. The Laxatone treats are new, and I didn't know about them until I went online yesterday to research various vendors for the best price for the paste version. The treats are more expensive than the paste, but I wanted to give them a try anyway, and since I was ordering the toner cartridge from Amazon, including the purchase of the Laxatone treats made my order eligible for free shipping. What can I say - - when you're on a limited budget you do what it takes to get the most bang out of every penny.

The young man was here early this morning to fix my mailbox. I showed him the notice I got from the mailbox and he just chuckled - - however, the both of us agreed that the mailbox was listing and could use a bit of TLC. So, he dug out the ground around the bottom of the post and put in a bag of cement. When he left the mailbox was standing in a more upright position, so we'll see if this makes the post office happy. While he was here I asked him if he did any kind of work on repairing vinyl siding, and he said yes. He very graciously looked at the siding that was damaged from the use of the generator and said that he would be glad to fix it for me. He took a sample of the siding with him to try to match it as close as he could, and we made tentative arrangements for him to do the work after the July 4 holiday. He will call me when he has the siding in to make an appointment to come to do the work. He's a very kind and personable young man. He is a building contractor who does small job construction work as well as "handyman" jobs for folks like me. So, out of all this upheaval I am finding people who can help me with chores that I cannot do myself. This is very helpful for me which will allow me to stay here in my home as long as possible. One of the major reasons why older / elderly people sell their homes is because they become too much for them to take care of properly. I really do not want to have to sell my home to go into an "asphalt jungle" - - a multiple housing unit like an assisted living facility. I would not do well in that type of environment.

Noah is doing well. He is enjoying the days of having the big door open and gated. After the winter months of having the door closed it is nice to enjoy the warmer days. But now that the summer equinox has come and gone, the days will begin to start getting shorter a little bit each day.

The lunch dishes are washed - - still have a trek to make to the now post office "approved" mailbox later on.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad to hear the Laxatone helps your boy, and bonus on scoring the treats for free shipping on your order. I know all too well how "every penny counts" my friend. Fortunately, both Tang and Theresa love to be brushed. Theresa especially since she has such a full coat.

I'm glad you got your mail box seen to and that you may have found a reliable handyman for the other repair jobs around the property. Hopefully this will allow you and Noah to stay in the place that is truly home that you both love. It's also good to hear he is enjoying the weather/sunbeams.

Work was, well, work dry.gif Not much more I can say about that without sounding like a broken record. Time to pack up and trek home to my fur babies. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, another summer day greeting to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can just see your precious little ones stretching in delight as you brush them, "hey, dad, oooooohhhhh - - that feels soooooo good. A little bit to the other side - oooohhh yeah - - right there, daddy." One of the many joys we can have as guardians of our precious companions is seeing the sheer pleasure on their faces and in their eyes.

Had my eye exam this morning - - went well. Basically got a good report - - no sign of glaucoma or macular degeneration. However the doctor did find evidence that I am in the early stages of developing cataracts. New glasses are on order which should be ready the week of July 8 at the latest. All I need at this point is annual exams, so this is good news. Not bad for a 7 year hiatus from eye exams.

Left the house early so that I could do a couple of errands before going to my eye exam. I was gone for 3.5 hours - - felt like FOREVER. When I got home my Amazon order was waiting for me at the door, and my precious Noah was anxiously anticipating me getting home. He has had his lunch and is now snuggled close to me as I'm writing to you. The shade is now on the porch to the big door, so the next time I get up I will open and gate off the big door. My eyes are still a bit uncomfortable from the drops, but things are bit less blurry now.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Severe stormy/rainy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

That's about right on Tang's reactions to brushings laugh.gif And long after. He'll do barrel rolls, and turn his head and curl his front paws up as if to say "Look how cute I am dad" Theresa does something similar. Tang's ear has looked a tad better over that past 24 hours or so. It comes and goes as I said.

Glad to hear your eye exam went basically well, but sorry to hear about the cataracts unsure.gif I hope the drops help. I'm sure Noah was most glad to see you when you finally got home.

We have the last migration for Ohio this weekend. We all have to work 12 hours Monday, but no Sunday this time, thank goodness. We'll see what happens from there. Well, even though it's still storming, I have to start my trek home soon; the bus comes when it comes. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your travels homeward yesterday were not too sloshy soaking wet for you, my friend. I'm so glad you don't have to do any extra duty this weekend. Will you get overtime pay on Monday? I know the extra funds will be helpful.

The effects of the eye drops from yesterday's check up have now completely worn off - - so vision is back to normal now. The good news is that cataracts are slow to progress, so I may never need corrective surgery. So for now time is on my side.

Did some vacuuming today so that the electricians who come tomorrow won't think Noah and I live in grit and grime all the time. Still have a few things to move around so that the contractors will have free access to the areas they will need to work in but will get that done later on. We have had a cloudy and sometimes rainy day for most of the day, but now the sun has come out - - which is nice to see. Yesterday evening we had a robust storm come through that flicked the power off and I thought "oh no, not again" - - thankfully the power came back on within a minute or two and stayed on for the rest of the evening. That was a relief as I'm really not in the mood to go through another power outage so soon - - especially without any safe means of emergency back up.

I gave Noah the recommended dosage of the Laxatone treats before I gave him his lunch and he REALLY LIKES them!! Bless his heart - - he had his nose stuck down inside the foil pouch trying to get more. So - - I think we have a winner with the moist treats. I still have some of the paste left and I will give him that until the tube is empty - - at least I know he will enjoy the moist treat version.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make later on. My precious boy is stretched out on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you.

Just this afternoon and one more day to get through and then you willl have the weekend with your precious companions. I always looked forward to Fridays when I was working. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah

I'm glad to hear that your vision is in good shape for the most part. What is the contractors are there for tomorrow, the generator? How wonderful that Noah enjoys the treats so much, and sticking his head in the bag to get more. That SO reminds me of Tom wub.gif It's not often we get to give our fur kids medicine that they actually enjoy smile.gif Also, glad you didn't lose power for very long.

As for my trip home yesterday, I got soaked before I even got on my first bus. Not only was it pouring down rain heavier than I have seen in some time, many passing cars splashed me mad.gif At least one did it on purpose swerving over to the right lane at the last second and laughing as he drove off. How can people think that's funny? I stopped raining while I was on the bus, started again as I was changing over to the second bus (traffic made it take 30 minutes, so I barely had time to catch the second one) Stopped while I was on that bus, and started again as I made my way home (sigh)

Four days down, one to go before the weekend before more pandemonium at work next week. Getting ready to head on out toward home to the kittles. At least it's not raining today, just hot. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid summer T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that your travels home Wednesday were so unpleasant weather-wise, and am very sorry that you encountered a driver who needs a lesson in decent appropriate behaviors. What he did by deliberately splashing you was totally inappropriate. The good news is that you did get home safely to your precious fur tribe. I hope your travels home this evening will be drier.

The electrician arrived at 8 a.m. and left around 4 p.m. - - with a 2 hour break between 12 Noon and 2 p.m.. The propane contractor arrived around 12 Noon and left around 2 p.m.. Each contractor showed me which dial to look at and what to do in "what if" situations. The electrical contractor put me through the paces of what to expect in a power outage. AND - - the generator will run the ENTIRE HOUSE in a power outage - - which I did not anticipate - - which is definitely a BONUS. Needless to say I am very tired from today's activity - - but do feel a lot safer with the current set up. We are actually under a severe storm watch this evening, - - and around 2 p.m. or so before the electrical contractor returned and after the propane contractor left I heard thunder rumbles close by. So - - I think I'm ready now for sure if / when we have another major power outage.

Noah was my very brave little boy today. Instead of volunteering to be confined upstairs for the day he decided on his own that he could handle the stranger traffic here in the basement living quarters. He kept his distance but was where he could observe what was happening - - and he never showed any interest in trying to make a "mad dash" out of the door when contractors were coming and going with tools and supplies. Things are back in place now and my precious little boy is on his lamb's wool cushion giving himself a spruce up before dinner as I'm writing to you. I am sooooo proud of him. Speaking for my precious Noah we are lookingi forward to a quiet evening together.

In about an hour or so you will begin your trek homeward to your precious companions and looking forward to an entire weekend together. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.