Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending sunny windy Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to sleep in yesterday with your precious furkids cuddled next to you. Sometimes you just need to let your body totally relax, and sleep is one of Nature's ways to naturally replenish the energy levels. By now you have your laundry done, and are hopefully enjoying this day with your precious companions.

Since Sundays are always low key here there isnt' much happening in the way of activity. The sun is shining bright and cheerful, so Noah is on his bathroom window perch thoroughly enjoying the warm sunbeams as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you mppn_beam

Glad to hear you and Noah are doing well on this Sunday; a sunny but a cool one here. Laundry was thankfully uneventful. It's been a lazy day here with the kittles. Just been bagged out on the couch watching the Ultimate Guide to the Presidents on History Channel. I like to watch educational and informative TV at home since at work all they want to watch is sports and Fox News. Once I even put it on the History Channel when I went to lunch and was clearly watching it when some jerk came in and changed it to Fox News. I guess some folks love their hateful vitriol.

Anyway, not much going on here either. Getting ready to take care of the kittles and settle in. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful and joyous evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, chilly Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur tribe were able to enjoy a pleasant day yesterday. I remember all too well while I was employed how quickly the weekends would go by. When I got back into the office on Monday mornings it would feel like I had never left.

Today was errand day - - and I'm so glad I have that done for awhile now. Thankfully I was able to get a very early start - - left the house around 8:20. First stop was at the pharmacy to pick up some items that are better priced there than at Kroger, and then skipped over to Kroger across the street (via the car) to restock the larder. The shelves were in the process of being restocked on some items, but I was able to get everything on my list, and was blessed with being able to get checked out without having to wait in a long line. Total time out was about 2 hours. I had a full grocery cart, so I came directly inside into the basement living quarters. My precious Noah was at the big door to greet me, and kept me company as I unloaded the bags and put everything away. At the moment he is now on his bathroom window perch enjoying the bright sunbeams as I'm writing to you.

Since today is a holiday there won't be any mail. However, as I was shopping in both the pharmacy and Kroger I heard on the store PA system that the cost of stamps is going up again this coming Sunday, 1/27. I am so glad I pay most of my bills online now. I'm wondering if your bus schedule today is operating on a holiday schedule.

Soon it will be time to start getting some lunch on the stove warming, so will get this posted to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

A very cold, windy, but sunny Monday to you. I'm glad you got your running done with no delays and home to your precious Noah. I had heard that postage was going up, as well as a lot of job cuts. It's really sad. We were notified we no longer have a regular carrier and have noticed my Netflix are coming and going a lot slower. It's a good thing there are at least a few shows I watch regulary to fill the gap.

Today was slow I guess due to the holiday. Perhaps they all assumed we were closed. I'll take it, but I'm sure tomorrow will be busy sad.gif The bus was on regular schedule for which I was glad. Had my mid month review and maintaining a solid 3. Well, getting ready to head home to the fur tribe. I hope that you and Noah have had a good day and have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very cold Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Congratulations on your mid-month review - - I am sooo hoping that you will soon be offered a permanent position. I know this would take a lot of concern off your mind. Keep up the good work, my friend - - I know receiving these good evaluations helps you feel like you're on the right track.

So glad your travels yesterday were on regular bus schedule - - I know this helps make your round trip journey easier. I'm sorry about your location losing your regular postal carrier. The postal service is having problems trying to convince our elected officials that they cannot continue "business as usual" as in previous years. Even though the postal service is operated through a private contractor, it still needs Congressional approval to make changes in deliveries, closing offices, relocating employees, etc. -- and we all know what a challenge this can be getting any decisions from our elected officials.

Have just finished the monthly bill-a-thon for February, and have the checks written for the payments I cannot make online ready to mail on Thursday - - I hope. The weather report so far is that Thursday morning should be dry driving, and the post office is only 10 minutes away. So this will be a quick errand which will include getting more stamps.

Looks like it's time to start getting some lunch on the stove. I know you still have a few hours to go yet until you can begin your trek home to your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

A very cold and windy Tuesday greeting to you as well. We got all the way up to 21 today with wind chills in the teens, brrr. I hope your errands tomorrow go well without incident. It's good that you will get your stamps before they go up again. I can't remember the last time I actually had to mail anything that was not pre-paid postage.

Today was busy as I expected after a Monday holiday; in fact we stayed in queue most of the day (ugh) Tonight is another after hours meeting for which I have a ride home. I was going to at least get paid some OT before hand for more testing, but at the last minute that fell through (sigh) So now, not only do I have to hang out until 8:00, I'm not getting paid for it sad.gif I did make sure Theresa and Tang knew this was a "late" day for which they seemed a bit blue. I swear they understand me. I can't wait to get home to them even though quality time will be at a premium. Not much else going on here. I hope you and your precious Noah had a good day and will have a peaceful and cozy evening my friend. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cold sunny Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope the meeting last night did not last the entire scheduled time - - that you were able to get home sooner to your precious Theresa and little Tang sooner than anticipated. Of course they understand what you say to them, my friend, so it is no surprise to me when you share with us: " I did make sure Theresa and Tang knew this was a "late" day for which they seemed a bit blue." I can imagine from personal experience that enduring a very late day at work makes getting up the next day to go through the work ritual again very exhausting. I'm sorry you were denied the opportunity to follow through with expected OT -- I know how this would have helped you come pay day.

Life here is chilly today - - very chilly. Since we have had some good moisture from last week's rain and snow events, I may put a small fire in the wood stove today. The gusty windy conditions from yesterday have significantly subsided, so I don't think there is a major concern for a wild spark igniting a brush fire.

Noah is doing well. He is enjoying the sunbeams on his bathroom window perch as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to start getting some lunch ready. I hope you will have a pleasant time with your lunch break today, and that the afternoon will go quickly for you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The meeting wrapped at 9:00, but my ride didn't leave until 9:20, getting me home at about 9:45; the kittles waiting diligently at the door. I got about 5 hours of sleep, but didn't feel as ragged as I thought I would today. It got up to 35 today which is as warm as it will get until Saturday apparently.

Not too busy here today which is nice. I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well. I'm sure he likes having you around more as much as you enjoy the additional time with him. Not much going on here. Getting ready to head home to the fur kids. Lately I've been keeping warm waiting on my second bus home by taking the skyway off the convention center to go to one of the major hotels they link to. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I hope you and your precious Noah had a wonderful day and and even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very chilly and blustery Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in and sharing your news.

So glad yesterday was not rough for you after a very long day at work Tuesday. I know how much of a blessing it is for you coming home to the enthusiastic greeting of your precious furkids. I'm also very glad you have found a way to keep warm as you wait for your second bus home. Perhaps this will also be of benefit come the summer as a way to keep cool.

Got the errand to the post office done this morning - - took a half hour total with most of the time in the post office. Got 40 stamps as opposed to my usual purchase of 20 which should last me about 4, maybe 5, months. Yesterday afternoon and evening I put a fire in the wood stove, and it was so nice and toasty warm. I was able to turn off one of the space heaters and turn the other one on low to have on during the night after the fire finally went out in the stove. We're supposed to have some really nasty freezing rain sleet mushy snow come through the area tomorrow and through Friday night, so I want to bring a stash of wood up to the big basement door to have for the stove. I will do that project this afternoon.

Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap before lunch. By now you have had your lunch, or will be soon if you take a "late" lunch. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Cold and sunny Thursday greetings to you. I do actaully have a late lunch and break (break 12:00, lunch 2:00) which make the start of my day seem long, but the last part not so much.

I'm glad that burning wood in the stove will allow you to hopefully save on your energy bill. I hope you are able to get enough fire wood. It's supposed to snow some here tomorrow, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad. One more day to go before Caturday. Not much going on here, and getting ready to head out on my journey home to my fur kids. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day and that your evening is toasty warm and pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope the frosty weather does not impede your travels today - - both on foot and bus transportation. The flakes started falling before 11 a.m. and are now steady with a good ground cover already. Did get some firewood up to the big door yesterday afternoon. Some of the logs are a little longer than what my stove can accommodate so I got my trusty little electric chain saw and cut the pieces to a better size. I'm so glad I have that little chain saw as it has come in so handy over the years. I need to clean the ashes out of the ash box to the stove and clean up the glass doors a bit before I start another fire later this afternoon.

Noah is totally unimpressed with the weather outside. He is on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap with his paws over his eyes. Tomorrow the sun is supposed to return and supposedly the temps are forecasted to warm up a bit next week. If so I will be grateful as it is only 19 degrees here as I'm writing to you - - the temperature has fallen one degree in the last 45 minutes.

Soon it will be time to start getting lunch on the stove, and in about an hour you also will have your lunch break. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that this afternoon will go quickly for you, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Cold, but not so snowy Friday greetings to you as well. We didn't get much precipitation, and what we did is moving on. Tomorrow is suposed to be a little warmer and dry. My travels home were on time which is nice, both babies meeting me at the door. Had to hit the restroom right away which prompted a "family meeting" They just hate it when I deviate from the schedule wink.gif But it's Caturday eve and all is well in general.

I'm glad you were able to gather up enough fire wood for your needs. I know that's a load off. I'm smiling at the image of Noah sleeping with his paws over his eyes. Tang does that exact same thing. It's just so precious to watch. Well, the kittles beckon for me to get back on track. I hope you and Noah had a gret day and a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, melting Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your travels home yesterday were not adversely affected by the weather. The snow here stopped around 5 p.m. at the latest which gave me an opportunity to shovel off the stoops outside the big and single basement doors. We received about an inch of nice dry powdery snow - - no icy mixture this time. This morning I went out and cleaned up the slush at the street end of the driveway and over to the mailbox. The driveway was completely coated this time. I did shovel a bit just outside the garage door which does not receive direct sunlight this time of year but left the rest of the driveway to the warmth of the sun to clear since it's only an inch, or less, to melt away. Since I don't have any major errands to run this coming week it doesn't matter if it takes a couple of warm days for the warmth of the sun to clear the driveway.

I hope you were able to successfully complete any errands you needed to do today so that you and your precious furkids are able to enjoy the majority of today together. Noah and I have had our lunch, and my precious little boy is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap. He is happier today with the sunbeams to enjoy, as am I. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and in about an hour will need to make a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Slightly warmer and sunny Caturday greetings to you. I slept in again today but only until about 9:45. I got my errands done and home by about 12:30. Kittles have been napping with me. Theresa and Tang both on the couch, and just Tang n the bed. He is so expressive with his front paws; like his own feline version of signing.

I'm glad you didn't get too much snow and were able to get it cleared away. Hopefully the coming warmer temps will do the rest. Supposed to get up in the upper 50s here by Monday, but it's bringing rain with it. Strange weather blink.gif

Not much going on here. Just finished with Tang's ear and getting him and Theresa can food. Just a little more to do around here before settling in. I need to get plenty of rest this weekend. They released the the new Avaya phone system Friday after I left. So, on top of the usual busy, there will be those "bugs" to deal with. I hope you and Noah had a nice day and a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday in a timely fashion, and hope your laundry time this morning was uneventful. Yeah, whenever "new technology" takes flight there are always "glitches" that need to be smoothed out for awhile. I hope tomorrow, and the following days, are not too stressful for you as a result.

The weather outside feels like what is being forecasted: we are under a winter weather advisory to sleet / freezing rain beginning late tonight into tomorrow morning. Yuk!!! The good news is after this the temps are supposed to warm up a bit for a couple of days.

Early this morning a traveler was making a trek through the back yard which put Noah on "high alert" to encourage the traveler not to tarry. The traveler must have gotten the hint, and eventually Noah came to snuggle with me for awhile. As I'm writing to you he is on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap before lunch is served. Soon it will be time for me to go to the kitchen to start getting lunch on the stove warming.

Otherwise it is a very low key day here, and hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are enjoying a quiet, peaceful, lazy day together as well, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The weather here is a bit warmer, but supposed to be bringing rain soon. Unfortunately, laundry was not uneventful. It started out that way, but by the time I was walking down to switch over to dry, I saw a cab stop in front of the laundry room. I didn't see anything in his hands going in and figured he was getting a soda. But no, he threw a blanket into one of the dryers I usually use. This is because it and it's twin below it are the only 2 that work perfectly. I went to the 2 on the other end and wasted 1.50 before I realized the one on the top wouldn't spin. I ended up using the 2 in the middle and realized later why I quit using those. They don't quite get the clothes toasty dry. I'd been letting myself sleep in until 5:00; a hold over from when I had to work Saturdays. Clearly I will have to start getting up earlier again (sigh)

Other than that it's been a lazy day spent cuddling with the kittles. What kind of visitor was in your yard, or didn't you get to see? Chuckling at Noah the guard cat; go get 'em Noah wink.gif Getting ready to take care of Tang's cleaning, then get him and Theresa some can food. Then put out some food for the strays. Not much else going on here. I hope you and Noah had a pleasant day and and even better, and warm eveing. TTFN
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Sorry the laundry routine did not go smoothly yesterday. Can't imagine someone coming in a taxi cab to use the dryer in your complex - - that seems rather strange. I know how tight your budget is and how frustrating it is to lose money in machines that don't work. I can fully understand your frustration. However I am glad that you were finally able to get everything done so that you could spend the rest of the day with your precious Theresa and little Tang in peace and tranquility.

Today has been busy paying bills online that are due and working a little bit more on tax stuff - - all the little "loose ends" that need to be tidied up before making the appointment with my tax preparer. Still need the 1099 for my lump sum retirement fund payout - - if I don't receive by Thursday's mail I will call the company that manages the fund to inquire as to when I can expect it.

Noah has been enjoying the sunbeams today, as have I. More rain is supposed to come through the region come tomorrow evening and into Wednesday with temps warming up a bit, then getting colder later on in the week into the weekend. So I guess me bones need to enjoy the warmer temps while they last.

It's time to start getting lunch on the stove warming, and Noah is letting me know it's getting time for some lunch in his bowl, too - - so I will get this sent to you. Soon you will be having your lunch break, too, and hope you will have an enjoyable one.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that this afternoon will go quickly for you, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It wasn't a rider, but the actual driver. Several live 8-10 to a unit (don't get me started) Like I said, I'm going to have to get up earlier to assure use of the "good" machines.

I'm glad you were able to get all your bills together, and I hope your 1099 comes soon for your lump retirement pay out. I can imagine it seemed like alot at the time, but as with us all, I know it only goes so far. I hope your tax return brings good news, my friend.

Work was weird. I was expecting it to be busy. And I suppose it was depending on what queue one was in. Apparently some calls were still going to the old one. So some agents had to log into that one. Luckily I stayed in the new one and was not overwhelmed. But I really hate the new headphones and the fact there is no handset; direct connect to the PC. But, I managed to get thru the day in one piece. Now it's time to brave the rain going home (sigh) I hope you and Noah had a pleasant day and that you have a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, pleasant Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Adjusting to new technology can be challenging, including the accompanying equipment. So glad you were spared yesterday from the onslaught of problem solving. I admire your ability to understand and decipher the technology quirks and language.

Today is a welcome respite from the cold of recent weeks. I put more gas in the generator tank this morning and let it run for 45 minutes - - until the generator stopped by itself as the gas was used up. In about an hour I will need to go out and put the tarp back over the generator so that it is not exposed to the elements.

Noah has immensely enjoyed the sunbeams today, as have I. As I'm writing to you he is enjoying his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and later on will need to make a trek to the mailbox. Today is the bonus day for the week with temps hugging the 70 degree mark. Rain is coming back into the forecast for tomorrow and temps will once again tumble by some 30 degrees for the rest of the week.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that this afternoon is going quickly for you, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Tuesday greetings to you and Noah. Looks like we will be experiencing the same weather as you for the next few days. I just hope I'm spared the onslaught of the t-storms tomorrow while traveling. I hope you don't need the generator, but glad you were able to get it prepped.

Today was a little better; calming down. It seems like we have more time between calls. But the new systems lets customer do more on their own without needing an agent. I hope it's a trend that continues. I will be glad when the conference calls on speaker from various managers and support people goes away. It's very distracting.

Glad to hear Noah is still doing well and enjoying his sunbeams. Theresa and Tang are doing OK. They were a little rambunctious this morning playing "chase me" and "I'm king/queen of the catnip socks" It's always nice to see them at least semi getting along. Getting ready to head home to them now. Hoping my travels will be uncomplicated. Last night we sat for 15 minutes on the offramp of the expressway to downtown; almost missed my second bus. Something going on at the Yum Center (sigh) Anyway, I hope you and Noah are well and have a most peaceful evening. TTFN.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies are doing well today. I hope your area didn't get any damage from the storms last night...It was kinda' rough for me yesterday, sick all day, and then worrying about the possible tornadoes. I woke up around 5 this morning just in time to see the warnings for us. We got up and went to the basement, no damage, thank the Good Lord. I think Mickey was watching over us too.

Our cats still stop by. "White Collar" ate this morning. Poor thing was wet, but he got a good meal. That's kind of you to feed the strays around your area.

I hope moon_beam stays safe. I think her area is having storms today....

God Bless you and furbabies and little angel Sir Tom..

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, dreary, rain / storms on the way for later Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like the transition to the new system will eventually smooth out. I can so understand your desire for the speaker phone calls to end quickly - - had that to contend with as well while I was working in the pit - - very distracting and annoying with the volume turned up to the loudest decible available on the phone.

I can also relate so well to the traffic back up and the growing anxiety of missing the next bus connection - - I'm so very glad you were able to make your connection and get home to your precious companions. Even driving and maneuvering through traffic - - I always was glad, and still am, when I get home to my precious Noah safely.

So far we have had light showers pass over the homestead from time to time, but the radar shows the bright stormy weather heading this way which is forecasted to arrive this evening. Although a region-wide severe storm alert has been issued, not every dot on the map will experience the heavy rain and gusty wind expected. So will have to wait to see what happens as the evening unfolds.

Noah and I are having a late, late lunch, or early dinner - - whichever you want to call it. As I was getting ready to start getting lunch warming I got a call from my sister in Northern VA - - so we ended up chatting for about an hour. I have given Noah an "appetizer" in his bowl to keep his tummy comfortable until my lunch is ready - - then he will get his normal afternoon lunch ration in his bowl.

Nothing extraordinary on the agenda today - - although I did finally bite the bullet and ordered a newer version of WordPerfect to use with this Windows 7 lap top contraption. I hope it does work well with my older WP files because I really don't like using MS Word all that much for my personal documents.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that this afternoon is going quickly for you, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
QUOTE (LoveMyMickey @ Jan 30 2013, 01:08 PM) *
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies are doing well today. I hope your area didn't get any damage from the storms last night...It was kinda' rough for me yesterday, sick all day, and then worrying about the possible tornadoes. I woke up around 5 this morning just in time to see the warnings for us. We got up and went to the basement, no damage, thank the Good Lord. I think Mickey was watching over us too.

Our cats still stop by. "White Collar" ate this morning. Poor thing was wet, but he got a good meal. That's kind of you to feed the strays around your area.

I hope moon_beam stays safe. I think her area is having storms today....

God Bless you and furbabies and little angel Sir Tom..

LoveMyMickey

Thank you LoveMyMickey

We didn't get hit too bad. It was actually quite warm when I got home last night; had to open some windows and run the fan. Glad you didn't get it too bad either. Poor White Collar. I hope she found some shelter. But, at least she had a full belly thanks to you. Take care and stay safe. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
QUOTE (moon_beam @ Jan 30 2013, 03:23 PM) *
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, dreary, rain / storms on the way for later Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like the transition to the new system will eventually smooth out. I can so understand your desire for the speaker phone calls to end quickly - - had that to contend with as well while I was working in the pit - - very distracting and annoying with the volume turned up to the loudest decible available on the phone.

I can also relate so well to the traffic back up and the growing anxiety of missing the next bus connection - - I'm so very glad you were able to make your connection and get home to your precious companions. Even driving and maneuvering through traffic - - I always was glad, and still am, when I get home to my precious Noah safely.

So far we have had light showers pass over the homestead from time to time, but the radar shows the bright stormy weather heading this way which is forecasted to arrive this evening. Although a region-wide severe storm alert has been issued, not every dot on the map will experience the heavy rain and gusty wind expected. So will have to wait to see what happens as the evening unfolds.

Noah and I are having a late, late lunch, or early dinner - - whichever you want to call it. As I was getting ready to start getting lunch warming I got a call from my sister in Northern VA - - so we ended up chatting for about an hour. I have given Noah an "appetizer" in his bowl to keep his tummy comfortable until my lunch is ready - - then he will get his normal afternoon lunch ration in his bowl.

Nothing extraordinary on the agenda today - - although I did finally bite the bullet and ordered a newer version of WordPerfect to use with this Windows 7 lap top contraption. I hope it does work well with my older WP files because I really don't like using MS Word all that much for my personal documents.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thank you moon_beam

Right now it's POURING down rain here sad.gif I hope it blows out of here before I have to actually get out in it. Last night's trip was pretty much by the numbers, thank goodness. Babies were waiting diligently for me.

I didn't even know they still put out WP. I'm glad you were able to get an update. I'm also glad you were able to connect with your sister. I know all too well how our fur babies get when the "schedule" isn't follwed. I hope Noah was happy with his pre lunch snack. Today at least there was minimal activity on the "bridge" (speaker phone) And things seem to be getting normal (slowly)

Looks like the rain has more or less passed out of here. So, going to head on home to the fur kids. I hope you and Noah had a super day and a warm and safe evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, breezy, cold Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were not drowned in your travels home yesterday evening. We did receive about 4 hours of steady moderately heavy rain last night, and during the night the wind began to howl. The heavy gusts of wind are supposed to be diminishing, although there is no evidence of that happening at this hour.

It seems from my note to you yesterday that I was "stuck" a day - - as yesterday was actually Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

WordPerfect was the first word processing program that I learned when I got my first computer back in 1997. It is the program I prefer to use for all of my graphics work as it much easier for me to group the graphics together in WP than in Word. So all of my major graphics projects are in WP - - and I can only access them on my big desktop which still uses the WP 11 version. The update I purchased yesterday is supposed to be able to work on both XP and W7, but I will give it a whirl on this W7 contraption first before to see if it will actually work with my WP files.

Today has been a lazy one here - - seems I don't have much energy when it's cold. We did have some brief sunbeams earlier, although it is a bit on the cloudy side as I'm writing to you. Noah and I had our lunch at our usual time this afternoon - - for which he was very a happy little boy. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and in about an hour will need to brave the wind to make a trek to the mailbox.

In about 90 minutes or so you will begin your journey homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that this afternoon is going quickly for you, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I didn't even notice the faux paux on the days which goes to show how aware of the days I am wink.gif Actually I get of at 5:30 now on my new schedule, so I'm just now getting off. The rain held off until I got off the second bus to walk home. While it didn't come down hard, the drop in temp and high winds made that walk most unpleasant. Especially since I only had on a light jacket. But when I got home the kittles were waiting for me and the room temp was 75; hold over from the warm start to the day.

Hope your WP works out for you. I'm glad Noah got his lunch on time, as I'm sure he is as well. Work was OK, not terribly busy since we got this new phone system which makes me wonder if another call center is getting some of our calls now unsure.gif I did get my TWC log in/email yesterday so I should have access to more aps/tools now. However my email addy is @twc-contractor (sigh) So no real progress on "full time" but oh well. Getting ready to head out of here on my way home to the fur babies. It's supposed to have a wintery mix tonight stopping around midnight. Only 25 tomorrow. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day and wish you a happy and warm evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, blustery, cold Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you have your office e-mail set up, but am sorry that it still refers to you as "contractor." I still hope you will be offered a permanent position in the very near future, Tracy.

I got my year end reconciliation electric bill today and was relieved that the balance due for the billing year was half of what I had budgeted for. My monthly budget payment beginning next month will be $10 more than what I paid last year, but I can handle that. This time last year I didn't owe anything for the year end bill - - I guess the balance due this year reflects the intensely hot summer we had, and the need to use the portable heaters on a daily basis during these very cold days. I haven't used the furnace to the upstairs heat pump yet, and am glad I haven't turned it on this winter as I'm sure the year end reconciliation would have been much higher.

It has been good seeing the sun today, although the temps have only been in the 20's for the high. Still the sunbeams have felt good to my precious Noah, and he has immensely enjoyed stretching out in the sunbeams for most of the day. He now has a full tummy from his lunch and is taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion.

It is T G I F for you, and I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that this afternoon is going quickly for you, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Clear and cold day greeting to you as well. Yes it's sunny, but that does not help much. I'm glad your power bill budget worked out OK. How I remember those calls all to well from LG&E. Glad to hear your precious Noah is continuing to do well. I'm sure he loves those sun beams smile.gif

TGIF, indeed. I'm so glad that has meaning now! Especially today with 6 agents out (including the ones scheduled off) and everyone in Louisville with a static IP being out - 75 in queue blink.gif But it's over now and soon I will be heading home to my fur kids. Last night I lucked out and the Fern Valley bus that I used to take was 5 minutes late - so I got home 1/2 sooner. Not sure if my luck will hold out tonigt.

I hope you and Noah had a terrific day and I wish you both a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully you have been able to get your errands done early and quickly so that you and your precious fur tribe can settle in to enjoy the rest of the weekend together.

How wonderful that you were able to connect with your bus transfer Thursday night so that you could get home earlier to your precious companions. I know they were delighted to have daddy home sooner than expected.

It is a cloudy here today, with the sun struggling to send some welcome sunbeams in through the windows - - but not too succesfully. The forecast says the region could get some light snow later on changing over to rain at some point. If the temp doesn't get warmer by then it could very well be some kind of freezing wetness. Ugh.

Not much going on here today. Noah and I enjoyed a good game of soccer and volley ball this morning. He is definitely a right handed kitty (yes, even our furkids have left / right hand strengths). His paw / eye coordination is phenomenal - - and he can even back serve volley his ball to me. Wish I could get a video of him.

The box from DISH was received yesterday afternoon, so I can now pack up the receiver box and remote controls and get that back to the warehouse. Once the shipment is received at the warehouse, I can close the books on satellite service. I have made a copy of the return shipment label so that I can track it back to the warehouse. I will need to make an errand run to the UPS Store which is in the same shopping area as the Kroger I go to.

Soon it will be time for me to start getting lunch on the stove, and some lunch in my precious Noah's bowl as well. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Apparently our snow came early - last night instead of later today. We got about 1-2 inches. But the guys were out salting and blowing/shoveling in my apartmets last night, And salt/plow trucks were out and about. It it didn't help me too much as the path to my errands is mostly residential back roads. But, it only ended up taking about 20 minuted longer than usual overall. I was home to Theresa and Tang before noon.

I'm glad you were able to wrap up your business with DISH and hope that all goes well. Chuckling at Noah and your games. I can picture soccer, but how does the volley ball work?

Filed my taxes on Turbotax today. It looks like I will get back 787.00. I called US Dept of Education Direct loans to get a forebearance last night on the bus ride home, so that's going. But Apparently there was another smaller loan placed with collections recently I didn't know about. I got a letter and daily calls from them. I'll have to see during the week what I can work out with that. I can't afford to have my refund taken. That money would help me out of all this other loan mess and I could actually start paying my rent on time for a change. I'm gessing they have called so much trying to beat the IRS filing so they can take it sad.gif I hope I filed in time to beat it or can somehow put them off. Wish me luck/prayers.

Not much else going on. I had a nice lazy day with the kittles. They have been taken care of for the evening and are tag teaming the laser toy...oops wait. They seem to have tired of it and now it's bath time. Weather reports say a possibility of some more light snow/dusting. I'm hoping not. I have set may alarm 1/2 hour earlier than last week and hope that will facillitate a better laundry experience. I hope you and Noah had a great Caturday and a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, dreary Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now your laundry chores are done and are hopefully enjoying a peaceful, tranquil day with your precious fur tribe.

Glad your errand run yesterday went okay despite the weather. I'm so sorry that you have received another financial challenge with a bill collector. I hope you are able to resolve this to your benefit, Tracy. Please let us know how things go.

Lunch is on the stove warming, and Noah and I are enjoying our low key Sunday together. When Noah is on the sofa or one of his perches, I can throw him the ball and he will bat it back to me with his paw - - he is even acquiring a good back swing serve. Sometimes he catches the ball with his front paws and wrestles with it before he swats it back to me. The both of us really get a work out when we play together.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Smiling at the volley ball - it sounds like fun. Tom (being my cat-dog) would sometimes do things like that. If the other smaller loan is in collelctions, that means it hasn't been presented to the treasury as collectable on tax returns. I can only call to see if I can stall for time. Hopefully the fact that I have already filed will help.

Laundry today started out OK. But there was one load in the middle washer where I usually set my basket down. Guy came in before I even got started and took the top right dryer (sigh) Of course it was still there long after I was completely done; and people wonder why their stuff goes missing. I did at least find out through necessity that the bottom left one works pretty well.

Just got up from a nap in the bed where Tang and Theresa were snuggled on either side of me - albeit briefly - good times. Getting ready to clean Tang's ear and see if they will have some can food. Back to the salt mines tomorrow. The weekends are all too brief. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day and a warm and blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your laundry done in relative peace, and discovered an alternative dryer to use when your favorite one(s) are occupied.

Once again I hope all goes well with contacting the newest bill soliciter. You may want to ask some specific questions to verify that this is actually a bill you are responsible for - - instead of someone making a royal error in your name or that it is perhaps a result of identity theft. Whatever the situation is, my friend, I hope you are able to resolve the issue to your benefit. Please let us know how things go.

I hope your precious Tang's ear is doing okay - - holding its own. I know your precious Tang genuinely appreciates your loving efforts on his behalf.

Today has been largely focused on finalizing my tax summary sheet - - good thing I went over the figures again as I discovered I had omitted a dental payment from my itemized list of medical deductibles. Once I got that figured in my projected total deductibles for 2012 was significantly better. I called my tax preparer to make an appointment and left a message on his answering machine. I'll call him back tomorrow if I don't hear from him sometime this afternoon or later this evening.

Noah kept me company while I was working on the tax information - - it did take me a little longer than what I initially thought it would - - so he let me know when my time was "up" on the computer. He is so precious. He has had his lunch, his tummy is satisfied, and he is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. He is my joy.

In a couple of hours you will be able to begin your trek home to your precious companions - - the best time of the day. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Soggy Monday evening to you and Noah. I'm glad you caught that deduction. That's always good. I called this other "collector" today from the number on the letter. The person I spoke with was unprofessional to say the least. Same as the person who left all the messages. I asked for a supervisor, and was on hold too long. I may try again later. I do not trust them. So far the IRS has my return as received. I will keep watching.

Tang's ear is about the same. I keep it cleaned and put drops in it. That's one of the reasons I need the refund; I'm hoping to get his surgery sometime soon. That and get out of loan debt. Chuckling at Noah reminding you it's time to eat. Theresa and Tang (well, mostly Tang) do that too. Not much else going on. Getting ready to brave the rain to get home to the fur kids. I hope you and Noah had a a great day and a peacful evening. TTFN

TTT

Quote of the Day -

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

― Dr. Seuss
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this sunny Tuesday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to know that little Tang's ear is holding its own. Please know I am keeping you close in thought and prayer that you will be able to reconcile the newest bill situation to your favor so that you can use the refund for what YOU want to use it for instead of having it "impounded." I hope you have been / are able to talk with a supervisor, and that things will work out for you. Please let us know how things go.

This morning I made the run to the UPS store to drop off the DISH package. I have a copy of the return shipping label that I can track on the UPS website to make sure it is delivered to the warehouse. I have tried calling my tax preparer today a few times only to get a voice mail message that is not his personalized message. I have searched the obituaries for the past 6 months in the local newspapers -- without finding his name, thank goodness - - but that doesn't mean that something isn't / hasn't happened. I even called the florist shop that is neighboring his business. The owner of the shop was very nice in listening to my concerns, and said she was not aware of anything out of the ordinary for my tax preparer. She took my name and phone number and said she would call if she heard anything. I have left two messages now, and if I don't hear anything from him by Thursday I will take a drive to the business to see if I can sort out this mystery.

I also called the company that I ordered the WordPerfect software from to get a confirmation that the order has been shipped since I have not received any shipping notice from them. The CSR was very helpful and informed me that I should be receiving the software today. So - - I'm hoping the program will work okay.

Noah is keeping me company during all this activity. His tummy is satisfied with lunch, and he is snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and later on will take a walk out to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

For your concern about Tang, it's always appreciated. He's a little trooper. I hug him and tell him I'm sorry every time I have to do it; but he endures like the special little man he is. Theresa is good about watching for scratching and "tattling" And Tang keeps me company throughout the evening like your Noah does. Theresa tends to nap in front of the heater.

I hope everything is OK with your tax preparer and that you get your WP and it meets your expectations. I called the collection place and spoke with a supervisor who was every bit as unprofessional as the agent. I really have my doubts. When I disputed the debt, he rattled off an 800 number to check on all student loans. I have yet to be able to get through. IRS web site still has my refund as "received" and I check it everyday several times. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed. I appreciate your prayers as well. I really need this refund to try to get out from under. I hope God throws me a bone on this. I have not had any calls from the agent on this after days of being bombarded. I wish I knew if that is good or bad unsure.gif

Happy to hear Noah has had his lunch and is content. Sounds like he's doing well. I'm getting ready to head home to my fur tribe under much better weather conditions than yesterday. It didn't stop raining until my second bus. My day didn't start out so good. I discovered a small rip in the sleave of one of my favorite shirts and forget my book at home that I read while waiting for/riding the bus and on breaks etc sad.gif But it's over now and I trek homeward. I hope you and Noah have had a good day and and even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Wednesday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry you are having to be challenged with this newest debt issue. There are procedures that collection agencies are required to follow as detailed in the Federal law titled The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If this is about your student loan, I have read some articles online as to how the government has considered implementing tougher laws regarding collecting payments. I hope you will be able to get this situation resolved in your favor, Tracy. Please let us know how things go.

I finally did get in touch with my tax preparer yesterday evening - - I kept calling his number about every 15 minutes or so until he finally answered the phone. Whenever I got the voice mail message I hung up. He has not checked his voice mail messages - - hence why I had not heard back from him. I have an appointment with him later this afternoon, so I may not be back on this whiz gizmo until tomorrow.

I did get the WP software yesterday, but it is not installing and I haven't a clue why. It goes through the installation sequence just fine but afterward I get the hate message that a fatal error has occurred during installation and to run the set up installation again - - which does not change the situation. So, - - I could take this to a computer tech in town to have one of the reps try to install the software, or I could have a computer tech come to the house for 45 minutes to try to install the software. Oh to be computer literate!! Oh well - - I have managed to survive this long without the program - - although this is very frustrating it definitely is not life shattering.

The sunbeams are shining bright and cheerily today, and Noah is thoroughly enjoying them. I am so chuckling about your precious Theresa being Tang's "supervisor" when he's scratching his ear. Still it's very heartwarming to see her concerned about her little brother and letting dad know when Tang needs special attention.

I need to get a couple of things taken care of before I head off to my appointment with my tax preparer, so I best get started. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Glad you got hold of your tax preparer, and that all went well with that. I think I was able to find the collection agency's web site and sent off some complaint emails. About the attitudes and the amount I was quoted not matching the letter, etc. Plus on the IRS web site there is a link to FMS for the treasury that offsets refunds. It clearly states the the collector must answer all questions in a professional manner and provide additional documentation if requested. This clearly wasn't done. I also called the IVR and no offsets exist in their records as of today. I'll keep checking. Wish me luck.

Sorry to hear about your WP. I hope you are able to get it resolved to your satisfaction. As for Theresa "supervising" Tang, I wish I could teach her to use the phone and call me. He had it a bit of a mess this evening when I got home. So that was unpleasant; of course he didn't want any canned food after that, bless his heart. And I stuck my thumb with the insulin needle mad.gif but that was my own clumsy fault. The yelp I let out scared him though.

Glad Noah got his sun beams, and always happy to hear he's doing well. Nothing else going on, so I will sign off for the night. I hope you and Noah had a joyful day and a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you have placed a complaint(s) with the collection agency, for starters. If they do not answer / comply with your queries you can place a complaint against them with the Federal Trade Commission. There are specific protocols that financial companies / collection agencies have to follow without harassing the customer. Please let us know how things go for you on this.

Poor, sweet little Tang - - he does have a time with his ear itching. Perhaps Theresa could learn to text you from the computer??? I would let out a yelp too if I stuck myself with a needle - - which I have been known to do with a sewing needle when I have done some mending. That is definitely an ouch.

Well, yesterday evening when I got home from my meeting with my tax preparer I called the company that is supposed to have a computer tech come to the house to determine if the WP software will load on my lap top, or if perhaps the software itself is defective and I need to return it for a re-shipment - - or if the software is okay but it simply will not function on the lap top for whatever reason and return it for a refund. Had an appointment set for 12 Noon today, and I am still waiting for the rep to call me to let me know if he is coming today or needs to reschedule. I have contacted the company twice, and the second time I spoke with a CSR I was informed that they have not been able yet to speak with the tech rep. If I do not hear from anyone this evening, I will contact another company that is listed in the telephone book. I have 3 weeks to try to get this resolved - - I don't want to just return it out of frustration without knowing for sure if it will load on the lap top, or not. And if a professional computer tech can't get it to load, I will have documentation as to why it won't load to send back with the returned merchandise. So, that's the story on that so far for today. I imagine at this late hour of the day that no tech rep is coming here.

Noah was a bit confused earlier when I took the lap top upstairs and waited for awhile in anticipation of the tech's arrival. He came upstairs to investigate, but did not stay long. About 30 minutes later I joined him, and we have enjoyed the rest of the day together. He has had his lunch and is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his nap as I'm writing to you.

Have done the lunch dishes but still have a trek to the mailbox to make in a little bit. In about 90 minutes you will be on your trek homeward to your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

How did it go with your tax preparer? I'm sorry to hear about your problem loading WP and hope that you are able to get it resolved. Chuckling at your suggestion about Theresa messaging me from the computer because she's always up on the desk - I ask her if she is in the kitty chat room wink.gif

Tang's ear looked as though he had not been scratching this morning; let's hope it stays that way for a while, bless his heart. He's such a good little soldier about it. I really want to get the growth removed as soon as possible. Speaking of which, FMS (treasury) automated system still showing no offset debts today. IRS web page says I have to wait 24 hours from receipt of aknowledgement email to check my status. I hope that means the process is moving along. Probably just a web page glitch though dry.gif Still praying and keeping my fingers crossed.

Also chcuckling at Noah's "inspection" to see what mom was up to. Our companions are such good company in this way. I'm sure he would have enjoyed the weather here today. 66 and sunny. Well, I'm about to head home to my fur tribe. I hope you and Noah had a terrific day and a warm, and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gusty windy still sunny Friday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know how glad your heart feels when you see that your precious little Tang has not been driven insane with his ear itching - - that makes the day(s) really ones to celebrate. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to use your tax refund as YOU want and need to use it - - and not have it requisitioned away from you by a greedy collection agency. Please let us know how things go.

The tax preparer looked over my summary sheet, went through the receipts, and said that everything looks pretty straightforward - - should not have any major issues getting the IRS and State forms filled out for submission. Now I just need to wait to hear from him letting me know that everything is ready to go.

The tech rep came this afternoon and YIPPEEE!! SUCCESS!!! He ran a diagnositcs and found some technical issues that he was able to correct. Then he tried manipulating WP 11 to work on W7 to no avail. Then we both knew that somehow WP Office X5 needed to be loaded and function to interface with older WP files. He unchecked one of the installation boxes and VOILA - - the program loaded with no problem. Then we opened older WP files and saved them to the new WP format, then reopened them - - no glitches. THEN I saved the files to the flash drive and tested them on my desk top which runs WP 11 - - open, save using WP 11, then re-opened them on the lap top with X5 - - NO PROBLEM!! YEA!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!! The tech rep earned his wages today!!

Noah stayed downstairs while the tech rep was here, and is now curled up next to me as I'm writing to you. The tech rep likes cats, but Noah ran and hid from him when he came downstairs to check out how the WP files would interface with the WP 11 program on the desk top - - in case he needed to load the X5 program onto the desk top, too.

Last night I had a technical glitch with my HuluPlus program - - couldn't access the account through my Roku box or online. Had to e-mail technical assistance and within 5 minutes I was once again able to log into my account online and restart programming through the Roku box.

And this is all the news from here for today. In about 20 minutes or so you will begin your trek home to your precious fur tribe - - T G I F!! I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Breezy cold Friday greetings to you. I'm glad you were able to get your WP and Hulu issues corrected. I know that can be frustrating. Too bad Noah was spooked by the repair man. Tom used to love meeting new people, always wanting to help and supervise. He'd come a long way from the scared little boy he was with his former owner. I hope I had something to do with that.

I hope all works out well with your taxes. Mine too, still no debts being reported. Thanks for your thoughts on that. Tomorrow I will have a busy day. Need to get a haircut and pick up Tresiderm drops and insulin for Tang. So I'll be heading all the way out to the Kroger/Banfield shopping center. I'm debating whether to do a quick errand tonight or save it until tomorrow.

Not much going on here, TGIF. Getting ready to head home to my fur tribe on this cold gray evening. I hope you and Noah had a good day and a warm and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

PS: *UPDATE* The status od my refund on www.irs.gov has moved from received to approved, funds scheduled to be deposited to your bank on 02/13/13. - Also no FMS debts as of today. WOO HOO!
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, breezy Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits, and that your errands went well so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the rest of this weekend together.

CONGRATULATIONS on your refund!! I am sooooooo happy for you!!! This is very good news, and am so glad that you will be able to use this windfall as you need and want to.

Thanks for your encouragement about my technical issues, and sharing in their resolution. When I turned on my desk top Thursday to run the security updates, AVG had detected several Trojans that it reportedly was able to block. Of course I really don't know how to detect viruses, trojans, and other such infiltrations on my computer - - much less how to clean them up - - which is why I rely heavily on the Windows firewall and internet security programs to do their job. When I saw the detected Trojans on the desk top, I ran a security scan on the lap top which came up clear. So when I turned on my HuluPlus Thursday evening only to encounter that I was locked out of my account both through the Roku box and online - - naturally I was afraid that the Trojan had somehow invaded my account - - and perhaps other identity issues. Even this afternoon when I accessed HuluPlus there were some "issues" that fortunately with persistence I was able to resolve without having to go the route of online technical assistance. So - - I just have to keep a very close watch on my financial accounts and how my "high technology" gadgets work to make sure there isn't any hanky panky going on.

Noah has had his lunch and is taking his usual afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. In about an hour or so I will make my usual trek to the mailbox to collect whatever has been delivered since Thursday. When the post office stops Saturday deliveries in August I will need to revise my treks to the mailbox - - a change in routine is sometimes helpful. Still have the lunch dishes to do as well.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My errands took about an hour longer than usual, but was to be expected with all I had to do. I left about 9:45 and got home at about 1:45 - One of these days I will have to get everything done on a Friday evening if only to see what a real Saturday "off" is like.

Sorry to hear about your online security issues and hope they have been cleared up. I had the free version of AVG, but it kept crashing trying to update it. I finally uninstalled and deleted it, then DL the free version of McAfee that all Insight customers can get. It's worked out much better so far. Does your ISP offer any free protection? The Windows Firewalls are OK, but there is a lot they can't/don't detect.

Tang's ear looked "unscratched" for both cleanings today for which I'm grateful; Theresa continues to "monitor" It's good to have a new vial of insulin, but it's gone up another 12.00 since I got the last one in July (sigh) The girl behind the RX counter was right though. Drug companies CAN charge what ever they want. But we needed as I was down to the dregs and he was starting drink and pee alot again. Leading me to think it was losing its potency. Not much else going on. I'm glad ro hear Noah is doing well. I hope you both had a good Caturday and that you both have a peaceful comfortable evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sometimes sunny, chilly Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday, although it sounds like it was a bit of a "maranthoner". Glad you were able to get your precious boy's meds refilled, but share your dismay about the jump in cost - - $12 increase in 6 months is a LOT. Sure wish you had some kind of prescription med program for your precious companions. The medical, pharmaceutical, and insurance industry in this country is increasingly becoming for the wealthy. I'm sure you already have checked into the ability to purchase the insulin online at a lower cost.

It seems the technical challenges have abated for now, thank goodness. I'm not sure if my ISP offers any type of internet security to customers. I like the full AVG Internet Security program which I purchase for 2 computers for 2 years. The tech who was here this past Friday said that it was a good program, but also recommended AVAST, which another friend of mine also recommended a couple of years ago. At that time when I compared AVG to AVAST I thought that the full AVG program provided more complete protection, and for the most part have been pleased with the results. From what I can ascertain from what I read about security attacks, no internet security program can totally prevent an attack all of the time. The only thing that can prevent security attacks ALL of the time is for people to use their technical skills and talents for POSITIVE things instead of wreaking havoc on the worldwide web.

I hope you were able to get your laundry done this morning without any interference so that you and your precious companions could enjoy the majority of today together. It has been a quiet low key day here for my precious Noah and me. My little boy has had his lunch and is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. I am so smiling listening to his soft little snore.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I do have a wellness plan for both Theresa and Tang. Unfortunately, Banfield does not keep any insulin in stock. Probably because it's not specifically for animals. So, I have to get it at Kroger. If memory serves, Wal-Mart sells it for signifigantly less, but they closed down the location in my area. And there are no others on my normal bus line that I could get to in my time frame limits anyway. Since it's perishible, I'm thinking online is out too. At least I did get a discount on the Tresiderm because that I get at the vet's.

Laundry was kind of a bust again. But I did discover the top left dryer isn't really broken, it just takes a few moments to start tumbling. So at least everything got dry. It's been a lazy rainy day with the kittles. Fortunately the rain only just started when I was getting my clothes out of the dryer.

Yes, the internet would be safer if people would use their "talents" for positive things rather than the malcontents who just want to cause trouble if for no other reason than to see if they can. It represents a fundimental shift in the way kids have been raied over that last 30 years. 30 is the new 15, if you take my meaning. And I have to work with these adult "children" (sigh) But you know what that's like. I'm happy you don't have to deal with that anymore.

Not much else going on. My refund seems to be on track. Even if it's a tad late, I'll still have enough to get a certified check for the rent by the 15th (including the late fee)

I hope you and your precious Noah had a good Sunday and wish you both a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your laundry done, and have discovered another dryer that works.

Yes, I do understand what you mean when you share with us: "It represents a fundimental shift in the way kids have been raied over that last 30 years. 30 is the new 15, if you take my meaning." I am so sorry that you have to work in an environment that caters to this shift in society, - - the more I watch programs on PBS about history and the decline of civilizations the more I see a direct comparison to the US. Very sad.

Today has been busy going into town to get Noah's dry food and paying some bills online, and ordering some of Noah's favorite canned food online. I also registered my WP X5 program on the Corel website, and downloaded the updates to the program as well.

Noah has had his lunch and is taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes - - there haven't been many sunbeams today to enjoy for my little boy. Still have the lunch dishes to do. The internet has been playing "yo yo" games this afternoon, and I want to try to get this posted to you.

I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sorry to hear about your internet and hope it gets cleared up. I also hope your WP update works for you. It's been sunny but a little cold for the winds today. I think long sleeves will be in order tomorrow along with my winter coat. Phil may not have seen his shadow, but I imagine there are some cold days in store for us still.

I'm always glad to hear that your precious Noah is doing well. I hope he was able to enjoy some sunbeams today. It's been a typical Monday if not as busy as the norm. I heard some chatter that it may be due in part to the fact that business customers can pay their bills on the automated phone system now. But as long as we don't get stuck in queue, I'm all for it.

Well, comes the time to head home to my precious Theresa and Tang which is the best part of the day. It's nice to be having more daylight hours to do this now. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day together and wish you both a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend. Glad that you were not swamped yesterday, as Monday's can be quite challenging, as you well know.

Life here has been busy today. Have done a load of laundry and am working on a project for my tax preparer - - printing off some invoice receipts for him to use in his business. He wants a thousand invoices on carbonless paper, so I have quite a printing project for him. It's being a challenge at the moment trying to figure out how to load the paper in the printer so that the original and yellow copy accept the carbonless writing.

Noah is keeping me company as I'm working on projects - - at the moment contentedly taking his nap on his lamb's wool cushion. Will need to make a trip to the mailbox in the next few minutes, too. Looks like the weather is going to wet tomorrow, so I will wait until my usual grocery day, Thursday, to go restock my cupboard.

In about an hour you will begin your travels home to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Cloudy Tuesday greetings to you and Noah. We started out sunny, but tonight and tomorrow looks like it may bring a wintery mix. Today was busier than yesterday. We had one person off and another out on bereavement leave.

I hope your tax preparer is either paying you or giving you a deal on his fees for the work you are doing. It's kind of you to do it. Another day down and 3 to go before the next Caturday. I will soon begin my nightly trek home to my precious Theresa and Tang (best part of my day) The mornings are OK, but bittersweet knowing I have to leave them for 13 plus hours.

Glad to hear Noah is doing well, and I hope you both had a wonderful day together. I wish you both a warm and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.