Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and how your interview went.

It sounds like the interview went reasonably well, and that the nonsense questions such as "where do you see yourself 5 years from now" were not included. It may take a day or so before you hear back from the results of the interview. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be selected for this job, my friend. I know it would take a HUGE concern off your mind. In the meantime, keep your options open.

Noah is now curled up on my lap taking his afternoon nap, and I have done some preliminary work on the "bill-a-thon" for April entering the monthly payments into the checkbook. All I need to do now is write the checks for the payments I cannot make online and begin scheduling online payments on Monday.

Once again, Tracy, I'm glad your interview went reasonably well, and hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam.

Thanks for the well wishes. I know sometimes it takes time - perhaps that's not as bad a sign as I make it out to be. After all, with many of my disappointments in the past I got the "word" pretty darn fast. So, we'll see.

I hope you and Noah are both well, and that you both have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you will soon receive the results of your interview yesterday, my friend, and that the results will be that you have been selected to fill the position. Please let us know how things go.

Worked a bit on financials today, and will do more tomorrow. Working on financials really turns my mind to mush after awhile. Thankfully I have my precious Noah here to let me know when it's time to quit and pay attention to him. As I'm writing to you he is curled up on my lap giving himself a spit and polish.

I hope the weather is as nice for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang as it is here today, and that your precious companions have been able to enjoy some quality balcony time. As always, I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I got a call from the agency about an hour or so ago. I did not get the job and they did not say why. But then, they never do. I can't even get a lousy 11.00/hour call center drone job. They changed my interview day/time twice and then kept me waiting 20 minutes when I got there 10 minutes ahead of my time (that's 20 minutes from the time it was supposed to start) And I'm not good enough for them? I should have known. I never get anywhere with "tribunals" Job interviews these days are witch hunts and drum head trials. I guess that's what happens when the economy is in the toilet and it's an employers market sad.gif

Once again, it's Theresa and Tang keeping me going. If it wasn't for them.....well perhaps it's best not to dwell on that too long. Poor Tang's gums are about the same and there is not a blessed thing I can do about it right now. Theresa is OK, but starting to show her age. I don't know how they both manage a positive attitude in all this darkness.

Well, I don't really have anything relevant to add. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny spring Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm so sorry you did not get the job, my friend. I know it's very disappointing, and raises the hyperventilation levels as to how you're going to endure without a steady paycheck. I know that feeling and it's most unsettling to say the least. I know it's easier to be an armchair cheerleader than to actually be the one going through the misery. Still, I do hope that in some way my efforts to offer you encouragement and moral support will help you as you continue to keep your options opened for better job potentials.

Worked some more on financials today which included getting caught up on filing receipts that have been patiently waiting for a couple of months. I have to be in the "mood" to do that sort of work anymore, and seeing the desk piled with receipts and not being able to find much of anything was today's incentive. Now I'm up to date to work with receipts with April's bills.

With the assistance of a $20 Amazon gift card I received as a Christmas present I have finally saved the remaining funds to order an electric leaf blower / vac which will be helpful with the yard clean up. There's an attachment I can get for it that is a larger vacuum that will help tremendously with the leaf collection that I am now beginning to save for and should be able to get it sometime in the next couple of months or so. The unit I ordered to today will be a help, and it should be delivered Tuesday, 3/25.

Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know that mine is ready. Once again, my friend, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will receive another job quickly.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, happy Caturday to you and your fur kids. I hope they're enjoying some nice balcony time. How are the strays doing? Mindy and Shelley are both fine and enjoying an afternoon nap. It's a beautiful day today, but back to colder weather again tomorrow.
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cooler Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you can finally get your leaf blower to help with the yard work.

I'm sure you do know from experience what I'm going through. It's been a nonstop 4 year nightmare. But when I really examine my life, I realize that it's been in the making for some time; starting with my mother tricking me into moving away from what security I had going in Dallas 25 years ago. She's moved on, her evil deeds done, while I'm left to pick up the pieces of a life shattered 25 years ago.

I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers, as well as the others here on LS. That and Theresa and Tang are all I have to keep me going most days. Both are well BTW, but still reluctant to engage in any balcony time for any length of time. I really can't figure out why unsure.gif

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Happy Caturday to you, Shelley and Mindy.

As I said in my previous post, I don't know why Theresa and Tang are reluctant to engage in any balcony time even though the weather is pleasant. If they have been spooked by the neighbors, I've failed to see it. Hopefully they are waiting for it to get warmer.

I don't see the strays much except for the semi long hair Siamese mix from time to time. But the food is getting eaten. Now if I could only stop the neighbors from tossing the containers. But the weird thing is I never see them in the dumpster.

I'm glad the girls are enjoying the weather and I hope the day has been kind to all of you. Wishing you all a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy colder damp Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

By now you have your laundry time completed and hope it went smoothly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the majority of this day together.

My friend, I can certainly relate to those "life changing" events that take us down different roads than what we imagined our life would be like. Sometimes it can feel like we are pushing a boulder uphill without making much progress - - or any progress - - it can feel like the boulder is gaining on us rather than us gaining on the boulder. Sometimes we have to step aside and let go of the boulder before we can make any progress. Keep your options open for that opportunity, Tracy - - it may come in a way you least expect it. And please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will acquire another job quickly.

Nothing much going on here today. Despite the rain and the chillier temps the birds are out in force looking for their meals. I even hear them chirping from time to time. Noah is curled up next to me listening to the tap of the rain outside.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but colder greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Laundry was fine, no issues. Thanks for the understanding on being derailed from what I thought my life was supposed to be. It's hard when one is denied a proper education. I don't mean lacking the funds, I mean actually being forbidden from pursuing a traditional education path. But that's a story for another time.

Theresa and Tang seem to be doing well despite it being too cold for balcony time. At least the sun is shining. I had hoped I would be on my way back to work this week, but oh well huh.gif I'll keep posting and pursuing. The lady at Power Staffing (for the water company) said she'd put me on a "hot list" for when something new came up. But we have seen how well that's worked out with Brooksource dry.gif I also sent off an email to Office Team (the contact from the failed Robert Half attempt)

I called in my UE payment for the first 2 weeks of March, let's hope it does not get held up again. Not much else happening. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

It is understandable getting discouraged about missed opportunities, and lack of opportunities. You are now at an age where you're beginning to reflect on your life's paths and seriously wonder about "the road not taken" - - and where you "might be" had you made different decisions. This is very normal, my friend. Please let me try to reassure you that what you are experiencing in terms of employment challenges is NOT your fault - - it is strictly the fault of the social and employment "climate" that is literally strangling our country - - and countries around the world. We are living now in a "global society" instead of what is in the best interest economically strictly for the United States. Consequently, our economic structure shifted from being based on the standard of gold reserves to the - - FOR PROFIT AT ALL EXPENSE stock market. And we are paying dearly for this now, and will continue to pay for it for generations to come. We are living in a world that is "immediate gratification" oriented instead of a world that pays attention to detail.

Along with this reality is the additional fiasco of employment applicants having to pass the "social profile" test of "acceptability" and "compatibility" of the employer instead of actually being qualified by the applicant's skills to do the job he / she is being hired to do. You have seen this in the jobs you have held - - and this trend is not going to get any better as time goes on.

The only thing you can do, my friend, is your best under the circumstances you are experiencing at the time - - one day at a time. Victory eventually comes to those who endure through the hardships. So just keep doing what you're doing, my friend. Until you can celebrate success, I hope your unemployment and SNAP benefits will start very soon. Please let us know how things go.

I was able to make a quick trip to the post office this morning to get payments in the mail, and successfully scheduled payments online for the bills that need to be paid for now. Temps are only in the 30's today, but the sunbeams are shining bright and cheery for my precious Noah.

It's time for me to start getting him some lunch in his bowl, and some lunch on the stove warming for me, too.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mostly cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and I'm glad he has his sunbeams today.

You are correct in every point that you make. Google George Carlin/Real Owners of this Country some time. However, had my mother not been so determined to make sure I didn't have an adequate education, I would at least have better tools with which to deal with it. It still burns me up to this day how she and her husband fawned all over he who is now my brother in law and his BS (no pun intended) from the U of L Speed school of engineering. Had I been allowed to go to high school and then even just community college, I could have dwarfed that with the grades I had. But enough of that. I can't go back in time and change it. Although I can say I literally went through 4 years of high school in 5 weeks (GED prep) and got a 92%

My UE payment was released today with 25% taken for the over payment (this will be the case for the next one and part of the one after that) My snap is reactivated too but reduced from 39.00 to 28.00 per month huh.gif I need to call about that because nothing has changed except my rent going up (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are well as you can "see" from my other post. At least that's something I can do that's positive. Not much else happening other than trolling the job boards and posting. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm glad you will receive your UE benefits now, and hope you will be able to get an adjustment to your SNAP benefits that will be in your favor. Please let us know how you're doing.

There is definitely more snow on the ground that was previously forecasted yesterday, with a winter storm warning in effect until 8 p.m. tonight with accumulations anticipated now between 4 to 6 inches. The good news is that this time of year the wintry whatever doesn't last long.

Noah is doing well, although somewhat perplexed when he looks outside. He has had his lunch and is now waiting patiently for mine to be fixed so that we can settle down together for the afternoon.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he's well and hope you are too. I do not blame him for being perplexed about the weather. I get the feeling it's going to be like this for a while and then get really hot with no real spring in between blink.gif

Hopefully I'll get my UE payment tomorrow as that's supposed to be the best weather this week. I'd hate to run errands in the foul weather. I tried calling SNAP but was on hold until I was offered a choice to put my call back number in, which I did. I also called MUSCL to get help with my power bill disconnect notice, but I have to actually have it in hand (from the mail) to make an appointment. It didn't come today, hopefully tomorrow. I hate having to beg for help when I'm perfectly ready, willing and able to work. I just don't know what these companies want anymore (sigh) My next 2 UE checks will be lowered which is why I really need to get work soon.

Theresa and Tang are doing well, but have not done anything photogenic. I'm waiting for it to get warmer so I can get some balcony shots, as I think that will provide the best lighting.

Not much else happening. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, gusty windy, cold, melting Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I hope you will be able to get assistance with your electric bill, my friend. Please let us know how things go for you.

Not very much happening around the homestead today. Have a load of laundry ready to put into the squeaky dryer. The sun is shining bright and pretty today. It seems the last month we have had a winter type storm every Tuesday. I hope yesterday's will be the last for the season. I'm ready to get some grass seed down.

Noah is doing well. He has been enjoying the sunbeams, and is settled next to me as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he is well with his sunbeams, and I hope you are too.

I got the disconnect notice from LG&E in the mail so I can call MUSCL tomorrow to make an appointment. I also called United Way @ 211 and they referred me to a couple churches. I'm going to them for help with my rent, because with the reductions in my UE there is no way I will be able to make it before the eviction process time frame sad.gif I hope they can help. I have left a VM with one and was told to call back at 3 PM by the other. If not, I don't know what we will do unsure.gif

Theresa and Tang seem to be doing well (knock wood) but still too cold for balcony time despite the sunny skies. Not much else going on here. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, check your paypal account...just sent you $100. This is really all I can do right now...got bills to pay as well.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom. I replied to your email. I will still need to get help from MUSCL and the churches, but it puts me much closer to the mark. I hope you and the girls are well. God Bless

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

My friend, I truly am so very sorry that you are having to struggle financially. I know how difficult this is, for the constant worry of finances takes a heavy toll on the mind, heart, and body. I am very grateful you have resources you can reach out to for help, for knowing that you are receiving help is an answer to my prayers for you. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to receive the assistance you need from MUSCL and other resources to help you through this very challenging time. Please let us know how things go.

Not much going on here at the homestead today. No laundry to do. Noah is stretched out in front of the portable heater as I'm writing to you. Although there are some sunbeams peaking through the clouds, there are more clouds than sunbeams today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and slightly warmer but windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and he's enjoying those few sunbeams.

My appointment with MUSCL is Monday the 31st. They can help with LG&E but it's too late to get help for April rent. They did say they could help with May though if needed.

I reconsidered that 7P to 7A job at Compucom via Robert Half. It's 2 days on, 2 off and so forth. I figure if I could make that long walk every Saturday for 6 months, I can hack it 2 days at a time. The lady at Robert Half was delighted and has submitted my resume and said my salary request was easily met. Of course, it means I have to get the job. She said she will let me know.

Theresa and Tang are well but a bit sad for no balcony time today. They have been good companions today though. Not much else happening. I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Maybe this could help....

To apply for rent help from the Louisville Temporary and Extended Emergency Financial Assistance program, contact your local Neighborhood Place in order to apply for help. Or you can call 574-8035 if unable to make it to a local center.
Louisville Kentucky area rent assistance agencies

Some of the other non-profits to call in Jefferson County and Louisville Kentucky include the following.

New Directions Housing Corporation, phone 502-589-2272, is a non-profit that can offer lower income housing assistance, support services, and rent help for children and single-parent homeless families and those on the verge of eviction.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom. I will look into it.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy warmer Friday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I can understand your less than enthusiastic thoughts about taking a night shift job. It's a HUGE adjustment. The good news is that you would be working this job during the better weather months, so that's a plus. AND there is always the possibility that you will come to like this job. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to acquire another job quickly, my friend.

Not a great deal is going on here. Noah is stretched out in front of the space heater patiently waiting for me to start getting him his lunch. He has never been a kitty that has enjoyed being held, but this morning he let me hold him in my arms for several minutes before letting me know it was time for him to explore other interests. He is soo precious.

My friend, I hope you will be able to receive assistance from the organizations DannysMom lets you know are available in your area. Please let us know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Partly sunny and warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad your little man allowed to to hold him for some quality time today. That's always nice.

Yes, "less than enthusiastic" describes how I feel about walking 1.3 miles each way, especially in the evening/night hours. But, at this point I'll take anything. So far, nothing back on that. I've been at that (job hunt) and following up the leads from DannysMom non-stop since 8:00 this morning. Neither has produced any positive results sad.gif I have 2 more UE checks with deductions and the reduction in my SNAP is correct, apparently. The agent I spoke with said she wasn't sure how I was getting what I was in the first place. I am getting passport medicaid at least, it turns out until such time as my situation changes.

I suppose I should be glad for what little assistance I am getting. The "system" is not exactly set up for people like me. I guess it's generally assumed I have a "natural" advantage (sigh) I wish that were true. But I keep plugging away even though the cards seem stacked against me. Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Theresa and Tang seem well enough. Even though it's a nice day, they still don't seem all that interested in balcony time; but I still leave the door open while I'm at the computer. Not much else to report. I hope today has been kind ti you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad....try these numbers/sites

Try calling St. Vincent DePaul (584-2480).
They network with all the Catholic churches.

Shively Ministries @ 502-447-4300

http://www.midkentuckypresbytery.org/whoweare/cong

Dare 2 Care (502-966-3821). They have over 500 food banks located throughout the city.

Also try Salvation Army, Good Will, Or United Way for assistance with paying rent. They can help.

Tom's Dad
Hi DannysMom.

I tried both of those churches. The first said they could not help me again this soon, the other is not in service. I did call Goodwill and Salvation Army too and they have no funds for rent assistance either. United Way referred me to MUSCL and a church that in turn referred me back to MUSCL. Thank you though.
DannysMom
Here are some more places that offer assistance:

Volunteers of America, Louisville. Call (502) 568-1437. They offer housing assistance, with a focus on eviction prevention. Get help with rent, first months rent, and other housing counseling and support.

Call the Salvation Army Louisville Area Command at 502-671-4900. This agency provides shelter, rent and housing help, food, clothing, funds for utility bills and other essential services to families in need of help. The organization also offers assistance programs to help youth, who need us most, to realize their potential and long term goals. Another specialty is on offering holiday assistance, including free Christmas meals, toys and gifts. Read more.

South Louisville Community Ministries Inc. - This non-profit provides information and support. When it comes to financial aid for bills, rent, and other expenses they can refer people to state of Kentucky and federal government programs. They also partner with a wide variety of local non-profits and charities in the Jefferson County Kentucky area. They also partner with Section 8 housing programs. (Read more on Section 8 housing). Call 361-7763

Gifts Of Mercy Inc. - Provides individuals with help in obtaining the so called basic necessities of life, such as free food, shelter, rent help, transportation to those in need. (502) 314-8973

Bethlehem Baptist Special Ministries may have medication in a life threatening condition. Other aid includes financial support for paying utilities, rent, or a mortgage payment. 5708 Preston Hwy, Louisville, Kentucky 40219. Call (502) 964-4384.

Eastern Area Community Ministries provides coverage to eastern Jefferson County. Emergency financial aid includes clothing, food, rental help, medications, and funds for paying electric or cooling bills. Budget and debt counseling may also be offered. (502) 426-2824.

Fern Creek / Highview United Ministries administers emergency assistance programs. This can be for paying utility bills, rent, prescriptions, and maybe a portion of a home loan. Free food, clothing and personal items may be passed out as well in Jefferson County. The main office is at 9300 Beulah Church Road, Louisville, KY 40291, (502) 762-9611

House Of Ruth is for HIV patients and their families. Assistance includes emergency food vouchers, money for paying rent or utilities, public transportation tickets, and more. Telephone number - (502) 587-5080.

St. Matthews Area Ministries has a screening an application process. The non-profit offers emergency financial assistance for basic needs. Services provided include food, bill paying programs, and assistance with finding employment or attending training. 201 Biltmore Road, Beechwood Baptist Church, Louisville, Kentucky 40207. Call (502) 893-5704 for intake.

Community Based Services, Family Support Division - Jefferson County partners with community action agencies. Government grants can be used to help paying heating bills. Additional assistance can be used to repair heating and cooling systems. While more limited, the government organization also offers assistance with paying for summer cooling and air conditioning bills when funds are available. Free fans or air conditioners may be passed out as well in Jefferson County Kentucky, in particular to the sick and seniors. 908 W Broadway, L & N Building, Louisville, KY 40203, (800) 456-3452.

Fairdale Area Community Ministries - Provides financial assistance to people who live in zip codes codes 40118 and 40219. Get help with rent, utility bills, and medical assistance. (502) 367-9519

Neighborhood Place, South Jefferson - Services are available for people in zip codes of 40118, 40228, 40272 and the portions of 40177 and 40229. Get temporary financial assistance, food, access to medicaid, and other aid.

Jeffersontown Area Ministries - Provides food, clothing, and other forms of aid. Located in Jefferstown Kentucky. Dial (502) 267-1055

Baptist Fellowship Center - May be able to offer limited financial assistance for bills and housing expenses, as well as food, for residents of Parkland Kentucky and zip code 40211. Call (502) 774-2734

Help Ministries of Louisville Kentucky - This charity serves the zip codes of 40202, 40203, and 40208. Among programs offered include Food Vouchers, Utility Assistance, Prescription Expense Assistance, Rent Help, and general counseling. (502) 587-1999

Highlands Community Ministries - Programs help people in 40204 and 40205. Call (502) 451-3626

Louisville Metro Human Ministries - Provides help for people who have no income or individuals who are in the midst of a financial crisis. Programs include Food Pantries, Food Vouchers, and other Emergency Financial Assistance. (502) 574-5050

Ministries United of South Central Louisville - Helps families and individuals of zip codes in 40213, 40217, 40219 (east of I-65), and 40229. Financial assistance for rent may be offered. Call them for referrals to community clinics as well. Also from time to time may have free food, clothing, diapers, and other non-financial aid. (502) 363-9087

Neighborhood Place, 810 Barret - Services offered include Mortgage Payment Assistance, Food Vouchers, Medicaid, Rent Payment Assistance, Health Care, and Utility Service Payment Assistance. Call (502) 574-6638

Society of St. Vincent DePaul - Numerous programs are offered, including diapers, funds for utility bills, rent assistance, medical prescription assistance, housing support, free food and groceries, and much more. Call (502) 584-2480. Or find more information.

West Louisville Community Ministries - This charity organization covers the zip codes of 40210, 40211, 40203 and 40208 in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Financial assistance is offered, as well as food from Wheels on Meals. Get emergency and crisis aid. Funding is always limited.

The following may have limited financial assistance for bills and/or rent. Food, clothing, and other support can be arranged as well. Referrals for government programs and charities can be provided too. They do serve a limited area.

Sister Visitor Center –2235 W Market St, Louisville, KY 40212. Dial (502) 776-0155.
South East Associated Ministries, 6500 Six Mile Ln Ste A, Louisville, (502) 499-2059.
Walnut Street Church Christian Social Ministries, 1111 S 3rd St Ste A, Louisville, Kentucky (502) 589-3454.
United Crescent Hill Ministries, 150 S State St, Louisville, (502) 893-0346

United Crescent Hills Ministries covers the areas of Crescent Hill, Clifton and Clifton Heights. Call (502) 893-0346

The zip codes of 40222, 40223, 40241, 40242, 40243, 40245, 40027, 40018, and 40059 in Jefferson County Kentucky can get rent and other help from Easter Area Community Ministries. Dial (502) 426-2824

West Louisville Community Ministries - Dial this non-profit at (502) 778-2815

Southwest Community Ministries, dial (502) 935-0310, can provide help with rent for residents of zip codes 40258 and 40272 of Louisville in Jefferson County.

Walnut Street Church Christian Social Ministries, dial (502) 589-3454. Rental, utility, and food assistance is administered for residents of Old Louisville.

Salvation Army Louisville Area Command of Jefferson County provides rent assistance, shelter, free food, clothing and other housing critical and essential services to families in need. Call 502-671-4900

Presbyterian Community Center offers housing assistance, funds for rent, and energy bill help, among other programs. (502) 584-0201

Sister Visitor Center – Call (502) 776-0155

Neighborhood Place, South Jefferson – Dial (502) 485-7310

Walnut Street Baptist Church 589-5290

Some of these places will pay the landlord directly for rent assistance
DannysMom
one more to try:

Louisville, KY - 40212
(502) 776-0155
A part of Catholic Charities, provides emergency assistance to West Louisville residents living within the area bordered by the Ohio River, north of Broadway and West of 9th Street (serving parts of zip codes 40203, 40211, and 40212 in Jefferson Co, KY). Provides emergency groceries; clothing; personal and household goods; financial assistance for rent, mortgage payments, utilities, and prescriptions
Tom's Dad
Volunteers of America only offers help to people already in section 8/public housing (I called them) And I do not qualify for that program (I called them too)

I can't get through on the Salvation Army line. South Louisville Community Ministries Inc. is part of MUSCL whom I am already working with on power bill but told I'm too late for April rent. Gifts Of Mercy Inc. I can't seem to get through to either. Bethlehem Baptist Special Ministries referred me to MUSCL.

Eastern Area Community Ministries and Fern Creek / Highview United Ministries do not serve my area. They are like MUSCL in that they server certain zip codes. I have tried community action and they have no funds at this time. None of the remaining are in my zip code.

I found most of these resources online and spent the entire morning contacting them. Thank you very much for doing similar research, it's appreciated.
Tom's Dad
QUOTE (DannysMom @ Mar 28 2014, 06:36 PM) *
one more to try:

Louisville, KY - 40212
(502) 776-0155
A part of Catholic Charities, provides emergency assistance to West Louisville residents living within the area bordered by the Ohio River, north of Broadway and West of 9th Street (serving parts of zip codes 40203, 40211, and 40212 in Jefferson Co, KY). Provides emergency groceries; clothing; personal and household goods; financial assistance for rent, mortgage payments, utilities, and prescriptions

That one is outside my area - I'm 40213. I Leaned last time when getting pledges for LG&E that they list the zip codes for the reason of making people outside those zip codes aware they can't help them.
DannysMom
I just put a check for $200 in the mailbox. I need you to pay me back $100 of that. This is ALL I can do. Please understand I cannot help you again in May as this is putting a strain on my finances and I HAVE to pay my bills. You need to contact MUSCL early enough to cover rent for May if you need it. I have no more money to give away. I work hard to earn every dollar I make.
I have friends that are in even worse circumstances, and because I have been helping you I cannot help them now. These are people I have known for years, and they have been struggling to get by, trying to provide for their dogs and cats. I can tell you this: My friends would gladly walk 2 miles and work nights if she had to as long as she had a job. These are folks who are struggling with medical problems.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom.

I have already addressed the details of most of this in response to your personal email, so I won't go into it in the forum. As for the long walks on the Compucom job, yes I am quite willing to do it. The only reason I put it on the back burner the first time is because I was fielding more feasible options at the time such as the water company downtown. When Robert Half reached out to me a second time, I jumped on it. If that does not pan out, I have been invited via email to go to a collection agency downtown to apply for a 10.00/hour job which I will gladly accept if offered.

Again, I thank you for your kind assistance. Wishing you and your girls a peaceful evening.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy foggy maybe rainy at some point in time Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Sounds like you have been busy with contacts seeking assistance - - which is not only nerve wracking and frustrating but can be depressing and humiliating as well. There is no doubt you will do whatever you can - - however you can - - to have a job to take care of yourself and your precious companions. The only thing you can do is your very best, Tracy. Please know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers that your efforts will be fruitful - - especially your efforts to acquire another job which will be financially sustainable for you and your precious fur tribe. Please let us know how things go.

The forecast here is one of steady rain, but so far we are having foggy conditions. We are under a high wind advisory for tonight through tomorrow which I am not looking forward to. Neither Noah nor I like the gusty howling wind.

Otherwise it's a quiet day here - - not hustle bustle activity on the agenda. My precious Noah keeps going to the big door window and meowing as if to say, "What a bummer - - no sunbeams today." I know he feels.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cool and steadily raining greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you both are well. I'm sorry to hear he has no sunbeams, but have to chuckle just a tad at him making you aware or his displeasure happy.gif

Between seeking assistance and posting/following up on jobs, I spent about 6.5 hours non-stop on the phone and in front of the computer yesterday (which is about the same most days) before even thinking about taking a break. It is stressful. At least when one is on the phone or in front of a computer for a job, one at least knows he's getting paid at the end of the week. But either way, got to do what I got to do. At least I had Theresa and Tang for company.

Speaking of whom, they are none too pleased with the weather here either. It's been raining steady since early this morning, and does not show any sign of stopping. But tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the lower to mid sixties. Good balcony weather - if I can coax them to go that is.

Otherwise, it's been a fairly quiet day. I hope the day is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Cold, Rainy, Caturday Greetings to you and furbabies. It has been a dreary relaxing day, but we did need the rain, the ground was looking dry.

Same furbabies come around to eat. Smokey sits in the kitchen window at meal time, looking in. When I open the curtain, it makes me jump with a face looking in at me. smile.gif Then he comes around to the carport for his food.

Tracy, you take care and always remember you and furbabies are always in my prayers. I'm sending you lots of positive energy for you to have a successful week. Have a cozy and relaxing evening with Tang and Theresa.....God Bless...TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey. Happy Caturday to you. The rain is finally stopped here.

I'm glad to hear the waifs are coming around for your kindness. I have to chuckle at Smokey's antics though happy.gif

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated. Hope you all have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gusty windy with a chill to the breeze cloudy sometimes sunny Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I hope your laundry time went smoothly today so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy this day together without interruptions. And I hope, if possible, that the weather in your neighborhood permits some quality balcony time for them.

I am soooo glad I do not live along the I-81 corridor anymore, and particularly in the western parts of Virginia. They are having a winter storm event from the rain that passed through central parts of the State yesterday. We didn't get a heck of a lot of rain here at the homestead, but I understand from the news reports that surrounding areas received as much as 2 inches of rain from the system. What we didn't get rain-wise we are definitely getting the gale force winds from the back side of the storm - - which neither Noah nor I are fond of.

Otherwise not a heck of a lot going on here today. Noah is curled up next to me keeping faithful company as I'm writing to you.

I hope your meeting tomorrow with the MUSCL rep will offer you the support you need, my friend. Please let us know how things go. And as always, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Sunny and somewhat warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both doing well. I'm glad you avoided the winter storms, but sorry you got hit with the high winds.

Laundry was fine once again. It seems to be that way when I only have one load on average to do now instead of two. Here's to hoping a return to that soon, if you know what I mean. I have everything gathered for my MUSCL appointment tomorrow (brown bill, proof of UE and SNAP) Thanks for the well wishes on that.

It's only just warmed up to 56, where the forecast was supposed to be close to 70. Still I have opened the doors to the balcony, a cool breeze coming in. Tang went out for a bit, but has stepped back in, then out. Theresa again showing no interest. What prompted me to open them was Tang having a fit while I was in the bathroom wanting more than his usual amount of attention. As I walked toward the living room he was right behind me doing his excited running meow happy.gif He has also taken to jumping on my lap then the desk when I'm typing lately. So if you ever see gibberish, you will know why laugh.gif

Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm smiling at your precious Tang's "attention" antics. My precious Noah is the same - - particularly when I'm trying to pay bills.

Had some quick errands to do today including stopping by the local hardware to store to pick up a bag of grass seed. I hope to be able to get that down in the back yard this week as more rain is in the forecast for later on in the week.

Again, my friend, I hope your appointment with MUSCL today has proven beneficial to you. Please let us know how things went. And I hope and pray you will receive positive news on your job search very quickly.

Noah has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages of warming. Soon the timer on the stove will be letting me know it's ready.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and breezy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope you are able to regrow your lawn in a timely manner.

The meeting with MUSCL went fine. This time around, they paid half from the winter help donations from customers and that gave me until 05/04 on the remainder (30 days) I asked about the remainder and she said I could solicit churches, but then they would not be able to help with May rent. So, I'm holding off on that for now. She said the way it works is you get help from them until you reach the last 300.00 then MUSCL kicks in that part. I was also walked through the pantry to get some food, laundry soap and personal items, so that was nice.

I got an email from Robert Half that Compucom was not interested (big surprise) So I followed up with Office Team. The rep said she had my resume and would get back to me, but I know how that usually goes dry.gif Tomorrow I plan to go downtown to Credit Clearing House to see about the collections job. Not my forte' but worth a try.

It's been fair weather today, so I opened up the balcony. So far, only Tang seems interested and then only briefly. I just don't understand, they used to love going out huh.gif Nothing else to report, I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I truly wish there were more I could do for you to help you through this very difficult time. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will receive a good job offer quickly. Please let us know how things go with your job search.

The sun is shining bright and pretty and warm today, and both my precious Noah and I are enjoying the sunbeams. I hope your precious fur tribe is being able to enjoy some quality balcony time today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and breezy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated for sure. Today was a bit of a waste of time and bus fare (I didn't get an April pass for obvious reasons) CCHA "fibbed" in their ad. They said 10.00 per hour, but that's with bonus which one does not qualify for for 3 months (IF one makes bonus, that is) The actual pay is minimum wage, which after tax is 30 odd dollars a week less what I get for UE. And I remember more than one UE counselor telling me never to do that because it messes up your benefits. But my SNAP payment came in (minus the 11.00 it had been) so I picked up a few items so as not to make the trip a total loss.

It's a beautiful day and the balcony is open for Theresa and Tang - who can't seem to make up their minds about in or out huh.gif They are both well. As I was writing this I saw and smelled smoke, and thought oh great the downstairs neighbors are grilling again (it's against the fire code) But actually some workmen from the offices next to us somehow caught some leaves or some other stuff on fire ohmy.gif But when I went to check they were pouring buckets of water on it and I saw 3 of our maintenance men walking away. So, I guess they were aware.

Not much else going one. It's supposed to rain for the next 2-3 days (sigh) I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry for your major disappointment yesterday with the potential job opportunity at CCHA. You are VERY WISE to NOT pursue a job that will royally mess up your unemployment and SNAP benefits. Of course I know this isn't your first choice, but with the circumstances you have you must choose the options that are to YOUR benefit. You are doing your very best to obtain another job, Tracy - - just keep doing what you're doing, my friend, and please let us know how things go.

Did more work on financials this morning and am doing the security updates and scans on the big desk top. Noah is doing well. He has been keeping me faithful company, as usual. The sun is shining warm and cheery today, and both my precious boy and I are thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams. The last couple of nights on the local weather report I have heard the ominous caution that at some point next week another winter type event could come through the area. I guess the opponents to acknowledging the existence of, and the effects of, global warming will have to come to terms with it when snow happens in what is supposed to be the heat of summer.

Now that financials are taken care for the day, Noah and I are just going to enjoy the rest of the day together, and I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can find time to enjoy this day together as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and I'm glad he is enjoying his sunbeams. One has to take climate change deniers with a grain of salt. These people also believe the Earth is only 5000-6000 years old too.

My morning started with going another round with the post office about a package they say they delivered to my door 03/20, but did not; I was home all day that day dry.gif And they wonder why they are on the endangered species list. From then on, it's been spent looking all over CareerBuilder, Monster, Craig's List, etc for jobs. I think I've posted/followed up on about another dozen so far. On the bad luck list, my barley 2 year old box fan gave out with no apparent cause (sigh) I have a smaller one, but it does not put out nearly as much.

Theresa and Tang are doing OK, but feeling subdued with the depressing weather. Not much else happening. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid cooler Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm sorry about the aggravation you're having with your post office. Was this a package that was supposedly "mis-delivered" to you or a package that was supposed to be delivered to you but obviously wasn't? Whatever the scenario you are having to deal with, this is unnecessary added aggravation to other more pressing matters of survival for you and your precious companions. Now that computers are the only source of tracking things, the only thing a clerk, or manager, knows what to do is to look at what the computer record says the status is instead of actually doing hands on investigation. I hope this is not a major issue for you, my friend, and hope it can be resolved in some way.

I'm also sorry about your fan. This is no fun at all, particularly with the warmer weather days. I hope you will be able to acquire another job soon so that you can afford another fan for the upcoming summer days.

Today's activity is pulling together a grocery list for a shopping event tomorrow. Noah is scheduled to have his teeth cleaned next Friday, 4/11. Although it was not in the forecast for last night, we did get some thunder storms over the homestead - - they were forecasted to go to the north of this area. The rain is welcome as it is helps the "green whatever" in the yard to rejuvenate for the spring and summer months. I hope to do some yard work on Saturday which will include getting the grass seed down.

Otherwise all is okay here. Noah is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Another gray, cool and rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Please let me know how his checkup goes.

I did find another fan in the spare room (while looking for an umbrella actually) It's small, but puts out pretty well; I had actually thought it broken. Together with the other one, and my ceiling fan I'll get by for a while. The package was sent to me by a kind soul, and something I really needed too. As if to make my point, I was getting my mail today just as the carrier was locking up the box. And, of course I got something for the people across the hall which I gave back to him. I should have said something then, but it probably would have done no good.

Theresa and Tang are doing OK. There was a brief period this afternoon where it wasn't raining so I allowed for some balcony time while I plugged away at the computer looking for jobs. Not much else going on. I hope your yard work later this week goes well. I also hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Friday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

So glad you discovered a "stand by" fan that you can use. It's always nice when you find things that had been "squirreled" away - - and even better when you discover they still work!!!

This morning was an early rise day so that I could get groceries before the store became flooded with the weekend shoppers. This was fortunate as I awoke this morning with the skin around my left eye red and swollen. I have an appointment with my eye doctor for later this afternoon to get it looked at, so I probably won't be back online when I get home. It's not necessarily uncomfortable, but it does look very inflamed.

Otherwise all is okay here. Noah is on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking a mid-morning nap. I will need to get him his lunch earlier than usual as my eye appointment is scheduled at the time he would normally be getting his lunch.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, rainy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm so sorry to hear about your eye sad.gif I hope your doctor gets you fixed up stat.

Yeah, finding the extra fan was nice. But the last 2 days have only been in the 50s and 60s, so it's not been too bad. I had an email from a job I applied to with another one of those inane "personality" tests as a requirement; 48 questions all asking basically the same things. I took it so I can say I did what they asked, but am not holding my breath. Not much new in the job boards that I have not already applied to today. What I like about Careerbuilder is it tells you when you have already applied. I sent some follow up emails on other contacts I've had too.

Theresa and Tang are doing OK; still a little down from the weather I think. But they have been good company never the less. Not much else going on here. I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly for the most part, and I hope you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, the only thing you can do is the best you can. On the PBS Newshour Thursday night there was a discussion panel on the difficulties the long term unemployed, and those who have been struggling with part time work in the quest of permanent full time employment, are having, and all the while the participants were discussing this topic I was thinking of you for everything they were talking about is exactly what you are having to deal with. Sadly they didn't come up with any "solutions" - - and none of them have any "power" to institute any "solutions" found - - but at least your circumstances are recognized in what is happening in our country, and that, my friend, can hopefully lead to solutions that WILL BE of benefit to you.

The doctor could not find anything "specific" as to why my left eye was so inflammed yesterday, but he gave me an antibiotic cortisone based ointment to apply on the skin around my eye. Just after one application there is significant improvement in that the redness is no longer prevalent. I have a follow up appointment with him on Wednesday morning for him to make sure that all is healing properly. The good news is that whatever caused the inflammation has not affected my eye, for which I am very thankful. He told me that if the condition worsened over the weekend that I was call the after hours number for an "emergency" visit with the ophthalmologist on call. I found his concern to be very comforting.

It's too windy to be working outside today, so Noah and I are enjoying each other's company. He has had his lunch and is upstairs as I'm writing to you enjoying the sunbeams through the west windows. My lunch will soon be ready.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello sunny but cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad the doctor was able to treat your eye and give you some reassurance. It's also good it did not actually affect your eye too. Please let me know how you are doing with it.

You are right in that raising awareness of the issue is a step in the right direction. People who are against raising the minimum wage are making the same arguments they made about mandating health care. All I can say is with my KY passport medicaid card in hand, I now have insurance that I would have (and have not had) for the last 2 years. I can finally go to the doctor again.

It's been a pretty slow day around here. Theresa and Tang are doing OK. The sun is shining and the balcony door is open. Tang has been in and out a few times. I have experimented with the video function of the camera and will upload that to my other topic. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.