Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny windy Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now you have your laundry done and are enjoying a quiet lazy day with your precious furkids.

How nice that you got a ride to your bus stop a the Goodwill Store from work yesterday - - that must have been a most pleasant surprise for you. I'm very glad you will be able to have the opportunity to replenish your precious Tang's syringes before you run out of them. You may want to consider calling the pharmacy ahead of time so they can set aside what you need so that they'll be ready for you when you go to pick them up. Just a thought.

Noah is enjoying the sunbeams on his bathroom window perch as I'm writing to you. It is nice to see the sun shining brightly. Not much on the agenda for today.

Tomorrow begins your new work schedule. I know it will be an adjustment, - - a positive one for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was hoping my travels home on my last Saturday would be good, but that was too much to ask I suppose. I had to wait over 45 minutes for my second bus home. From what I overheard the driver saying, my bus broke down and his (30 minutes behind per the schedule) had to pick up all those people making him 15 minutes late. I was so wiped out when I got home, I didn't even have enough energy to put out food for the strays, poor waifs.

The energy drain continued this morming. Even though I got up at 5 to do the laundry, I kept falling asleep between wash/dry periods. As it was, I didn't really finish until almost 9. What was really weird is that no other people were in there the whole time.

I had to give Tang Benadryl AND an extra cleaning this afternoon, much to his chagrin. I'm just glad I was home. I'd hate to think what that kind of build up would have felt like for hours longer, bless his heart. Other than that, he seems well enough as does Theresa. They are both scheduled this next Saturday for check ups. I have a hard bottom duffle I guess I can use for a make shift carrier with Tang in the regular carrier. I really can't afford the extra expense right now, but it's a rare opportunity for them both to be seen by Dr. Mills and I don't want to waste it. Besides, any way I slice it my rent's going to be late (again) So I might as well take advantage of the opportunity. I do so hope things start improving in 2013. I don't know how much "more of the same" I can take.

Glad to hear Noah was able to enjoy some sun today. I hope you both had a good day and and even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy New Year's Eve greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your last Saturday traveling home from work was a blessing in that it helps you to be even more thankful that it was the LAST Saturday you would be having to make that journey. How wonderful it was when you finally got home - - weary in body, yes - - but ever so grateful to finally be home with your precious companions who were eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Sounds like you have a plan for this coming Caturday taking your precious Theresa and little Tang in for checkups. Will your cabbie friend be able to take you and bring you home? Will look forward to knowing how things go for them.

Today has been busy doing some vacuuming and dusting. Finally took a break to fix lunch for Noah and me. Noah has given himself an after lunch polish and is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. It's nice to have the break - - probably will resume the cleaning throughout the rest of the week. In about an hour or so I will make the trek to the mailbox to collect the mail delivered today. This way I won't have to make another trek until Thursday.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, I was ever so glad to get home, but still miffed about it. Tomorrow I have to make that journey one more time for the holiday. No offers for rides. But I'm hoping to get home not much later than usual and I will have to leave work 30 minutes early to make sure I don't miss my first bus home.

Yes, I guess I have a plan for Caturday for the babies and the vet. I will have to check with my cabbie friend about that. At least taking them both in at one time means I'll only have to expend cab fare once for both of them. I've never taken both of them in before; I'm sure it will be....interesting.

Just under 30 minutes before the work day is over and I can start my trek home to them. I hope you and Noah have had a good day together and a peacful joyous evening. Happy New Year, my friend. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just stopping by to say hello and to wish you, little Theresa, and Tang a Happy, Healthy New Year....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

P.S. I don't think you saw my Sat. post.
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

You folks do the same. You're right, I didn't see your Caturday post (I'm sorry) Glad to hear White Collar is getting comfortable; as well as all the others kittys served by your generous assistance. God Bless.

TTT

PS: Thank goodness no snow here today, and not much rain. I had to do the old Saturday commute today.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang on this first day of another year. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your commutes today will go smoothly, my friend, and that maybe you may be pleasantly surprised today in receiving an offer to assist you with at least part of your transportation home. If not, I hope you will not be penalized in any way for having to leave a little early so that you can get home.

Not much going on here today. It's cloudy and gloomy outside but snuggly comfortable inside for my precious Noah and me. Can't believe it's getting time to start warming lunch on the stove. Time does seem to evaporate when I'm working on the computer.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Happy New Year. No offers of assistance (not really surprising) but I have been approved to leave 1/2 hour early giving me exactly one hour to catch my bus due at 6:00; the walk takes about 30 minutes. I'm hoping I can catch the 2nd bus downtown that is due at 6:35, but likely I will have to wait on the 7:10. This will put me home around 8:00. Not too far off a normal day with the new schedule. Cold and gray here too, but no snow or rain that I can see.

I can relate to how time can fly when one is engaged in various activities. I've been known to "zone out" on You-Tube for over an hour at a time. Much to the fur kids chagrin. "Daaaaadddy, pay attention to US" Not much else going on this slow day; about 3.5 hours to go. I hope you and Noah are having a most pleasant day and that your evening is peacful and calm. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your travels home yesterday went smoothly, and am glad you were approved for being able to leave 30 minutes early so that you could catch your bus connections. I hope it will be awhile before you have to deal with another holiday transportation schedule.

Today so far I have done more vacuuming - - this time in the kitchen area. When Oslo was still with me, I got a mat to lay down in the kitchen area so that he would have some traction for his feet to make it easier for him to stand - - as he was becoming progressively weaker in his hind legs due to the combination of his Laryngeal Paralysis and neurological degeneration. It has been 37 months since he joined the angels, and I now feel comfortable moving the mat over to the floor space just outside the bathroom. I am also ready to donate his feeding stands and bowls to his doctor to either use for patients at the hospital itself, to give to clients who would benefit from them, or to include in their annual auction for raising funds for the practice and their Samaritan Fund. My Oslo was a gentle spirit during his earthly journey and willingly shared his belongings with his feline companions. So I know he would be happy for me to share his belongings now with other companions who would benefit from them. And I now feel comfortable "letting go" of some of his belongings. It's another step forward in my grief adjustment journey, and one that I now feel comfortable making knowing that I always have his sweet Living Spirit with me to cherish.

Noah kept vigil watching me vacuum and clean Oslo's feeding utensils, and now we both are taking a break. We have enjoyed hearing the birds sing - - I think they are glad to see the sunshine today, too. Soon it will be time to get some lunch on the stove warming, and some lunch in my little boy's bowl as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam

Sunny, but cold good Wednesday to you as well. Feels weird working Wednesday, but I'll be glad when Friday rolls around. Thank you for sharing your precious Oslo's angelversary. I can imagine after all this time it still must weigh on your heart. I so enjoyed the DVDs of him and Abbygale; but they make me tear up. Chuckling at Noah keeping you company while you vacuum; Theresa and Tang scatter when I bring out the "big red kitty eater" I hope your memories of Oslo, Abbygale, and Eli bring some measure of comfort. You have been through much with the losses, and my heart goes out to you.

Not much going on here, getting ready to head home to the babies. Two more days to go until Caturday! I hope you and Noah have had a good day and a blissfull evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Thursday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for sharing my beloved Oslo's memories with me, as I enjoy sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Today has been busy on the desk top computer with a break for lunch with my precious Noah and a quick trek to the mailbox. I have had my fill of technical whiz gizmos for the day, but I didn't want to shut down for the day without stopping by to say hello.

Just one more day for you to get through at work, and then you and your precious companions will have an entire weekend to enjoy. YEA!!! I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

As always, I enjoy sharing our memories of our beloved companions, as well as the ones still with us. Just one more day to get through before being off my first Caturday! I don't really get to sleep in per se though. Both Theresa and Tang are due for check ups then. This will be an ambitious undertaking as I have never taken both at the same time. That reminds me, I need to get hold of my cabbie friend. I called to confirm the appointments today and request a BG test for Tang to see where we are. I'm glad it will be Dr. Mills too.

Getting ready to head on out of here home to the babies. I hope you and Noah have had a pleasant day and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Friday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. In just a little while you will be making your trek home to your precious fur tribe - - and will be home with them for an entire weekend. YEA!!!

Hope your travels go well tomorrow taking your precious Theresa and little Tang to their doctor. Just as a thought, could you put your precious Theresa in the bottom of your grocery cart and then tie Tang's crate to the handle bar so that you can get them in and out of the apartment and the vet's office easier? I hope your cabbie friend will be able to help you tomorrow as well.

Have been working on the whiz gizmo today getting caught up on e-mails and trying to print off year end tax statements. Got one printed off, but am still working on another. Every time I try to call up the document on the website all I get is a flashing screen and message to wait as he document is loading - - which never does. I'll give it a couple of more days and then if I still don't have any luck by next week will need to call the company to find out why the document won't load. It's not my computer - - I know that. I can access everything else on the website - - just not the year end statement that is loaded on the account for access but just isn't loading to be viewed and printed. Oh the wonders of high technology!!

Noah is doing well. He is taking his pre-dinner nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. I still have the lunch dishes to do, so guess I better get with the program. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, and a wonderful weekend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry to hear about your technical difficulties; I hope they get cleared up soon. Are you talking about my little 2 wheel shopping cart? I'm pretty sure that would be more cumbersome and traumatic for them. I can handle 2 carriers since I'm getting a cab (I already checked with him) I was going to work a half hour over tonight to test the new phone system coming later to make up for New Years. But the system are broke as they might say in lolcats. So, getting ready to head home to them now.

I will let you know how their check-ups go tomorrow. I hope you and Noah had a great day and and even better evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Today's epic trek to the vet didn't start out so well. Tang went in his carrier with relative ease, but Theresa was a Tazmanian Devil - She has not been in a while; maybe she was afraid I was getting rid of her. Bless her heart. The usual driver picked me up, and said he'd come get me, but he stiffed me going home. "I'm 25 miles outside of Louisville, sorry" He does not take long fares like that from experience. And, I can always tell when he's lying and just does not want to come get me. To say he's a "friend" is probably a stretch. But I called dispatch and got a cab in about 20 minutes, so not too bad.

Both of their bloodwork came back normal for the most part. A few border areas, but nothing requiring special attention other than my usual vigilance. Tang's BG is still somewhat high, but not calling for upping the insulin dosage. The vet's was a zoo even before Banfield opened at 9. I asked the lady who checked us in about it. "Dr. Mills, honey. All these people are here to see Dr. Mills." Like a rock star wink.gif But I can attest he's worth the extra wait. So this ends the vet trips for a while baring (God willing) any issues popping up. I myself feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I'm going to take some Kroger brand Day-Quil, drink some gingerale and lay down. I hope you and Noah are having a good Caturday, and a peacful evening if I don't see you around. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Happy "Caturday" to you and your fur tribe! I am glad the checkup for Tang and Teresa went well and that their blood work looks okay. Good that you got to see Dr. Mills today. Sorry you got stiffed by your cabbie "friend". Enjoy your full weekend! smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Caturday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Like DannysMom, I'm sorry that your cabbie "friend" was not reliable today to bring you and your precious companions home, but am glad you were able to get another cab to bring you home. Also am glad that their check ups went well and that no major concerns were discovered. I bet they were both glad to get back to the safety and security of "home sweet home" after their outing.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and hope the combination of OTC meds and ginger ale are able to help you feel better.

Today has been busy working on updating financials and beginning the process of making sense out of all the tax receipts I have pulled together through 2012. I was finally able to print off a copy of my annual mortgage 1098 - - the website was definitely having problems yesterday. So all I need now is my W2 from my ex employer and the 1099 from the lump sum retirement funds which should be here by the end of January, first part of February. While I'm waiting for those documents I can still pull together the figures for deductions.

Noah has been keeping me company all through this process, and kept me aware that of when it was time to take a break to put lunch in his bowl and have some lunch as well. He is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion at the moment, and the lunch dishes are done. Still have the trek to make to the mailbox which I will do when I get this posted.

I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom and moonbeam

Yes, the cab driver did ask rather icily why I had not called in a while. I was honest and told him things have been tight and I was trying make do; cut costs. I think he was angry for the loss of business. I guess I won't be able to depend on him going forward.

The kittles were, indeed, glad to get home after their ordeal. Tang jumped out of his carrier pronto, but Theresa stayed in hers for a while. They were fine once we were in the examining room and getting cursory exams from the nurse and Dr. Mills. He always puts me and ease and does not judge. Just says you do the best you can with what you have and always ready to offer less expensive alternatives. He assured me that Tang's tumor is benign and would not spread to other parts of his body/organs; that it's not that kind of tumor. He said just keep cleaning it, using drops until we can get his BG under control enough for sugery which he's willing to come over there to do when it's time.

Funny thing about after we were home and they both got out of the carriers. It was fastidious bath and bottom licking time. I asked if they'd been abducted by UFOs and probed. This, shall we say, did not garner very nice looks to say the least. But we've all had nap time and they seem to be feeling better, even if I do not sad.gif Some way to spend my first full weekend off. I hope you both have a good evening as well as Noah, Mindy, and Shelly. TTFN
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this sometimes sunny Sunday morning. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now you have the laundry done and hopefully are enjoying a slow low key day with your precious furkids.

Once again, Tracy, I am so sorry that you received a cold response from your cabbie "friend." I can imagine it is a disappointment. Still, the Good Lord continues to provide for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang by helping you obtain cabbie service from other drivers who are equally happy to transport precious companions to their doctor's appointments and back home. You can still ask for your cabbie "friend" if you want to when you need transportation as an attempt to let him know that you have not turned YOUR back on him.

I am chuckling at your precious furkids wanting to give themselves a good cleaning after being at the doctor's office - - to get rid of the antiseptic smell and scent of others on their bodies. I truly am soooo very glad that you and your precious companions were able to see Dr. Mills yesterday, and that he is a source of encouragement to you. This is sooo very important.

Not much going on here today, as Sunday's are very low key by nature and tradition. Have some e-mails to get caught up with, so will be busy with that this afternoon. I hope you are not feeling too bad today with your cold. I hope and pray that it will turn out to be more of a "pass by" than a "direct hit" so that you can recover quickly without having to feel worse before you can begin to feel better.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My cold has muted to more sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose than coughing; but still coughing too. Not pleasant; being sick puts me on a short fuse and that's not good for me or the fur kids. Laundry was at least uneventful, with only one person coming in at some point while I was away to put a load into wash. It was still there after I collected my clothes from a completed dry cycle. Hardly a surprise.

Tang got into a scratching frenzy which got him a dose of Benadryl earlier. Dr. Mills said I could give him a full childs dose w/o harm if the situation called for it. He also had a bit of a runny stool earlier which has me worried because that's how it started with Tom unsure.gif I guess there could be other factors involved though. I can only watch, hope, and pray. Not much else going on other than I still feel like crud. I hope you and Noah had a good day and a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits - - as well as can be expected while enduring the effects of a miserable cold. Until the harsh symptoms ease it can feel like everything we do takes extra effort and there is little enthusiasm for much of anything.

Your precious little Tang is so fortunate to have you for his diligent Forever Dad. Like us humans anything can upset the GI tract - - such as stress in going to the doctor -- and this can manifest itself in various different symptoms. I know you will keep a loving vigil on him and will at least be in contact with his doctor should his symptoms persist. I hope his little emissions system is back to normal today.

Have been working on paying a couple of bills today. When I looked at my auto premium online the balance due was more than what it should have been, so I have e-mailed the insurance rep to check into it before I pay it. I am not an accountant, but when I make payments for specific bills - - such as my auto and homeowner premiums - - I expect those payments to be posted accordingly and not "juggled" by someone in the billing department. So I'm waiting to hear back from my agent as to what the "deal" is with my premium payments this month.

Noah is doing well, and is taking his afternoon post-lunch nap on his lamb's wool cushion now. A few moments ago he was giving himself a polish before settling down. He is so fascinating to watch. When he cleans his feet he really cleans his feet - - in between each toe and pad and underneath each nail.

Still have the lunch dishes to do so will get this posted to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I don't blame you for not paying what they say without verification. Insurance is such a scam anymore. Thanks for the encouragement on Tang. After dealing with the heartbreaking deterioration of Tom, I get paranoid. I have not cleaned any runnies since yesterday, and hope it isolated; stress like you said. I'm feeling a little better today, but still a bit cruddy. I had a deep sleep last night. Well, for the first 3 hours or so. I woke up hearing "noises" coming from my neighbors bedroom. I'm not sure if I dreamed it or what. But when I left this morning, a package that had been at her door for days was gone.

Chuckling at Noah's "mani/pedi" Tang does that as did Tom. Maybe it's a boy cat thing. I still think that's why Tang scrapes the wall after he's done in the litter box, a cleaning thing. Good thing it's just litter on his paws. Getting ready to head home to him and Theresa. I hope you and Noah had a great day and a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits - - and hope you are feeling just a tad bit better today than yesterday - - any kind of feeling better from a cold / flu is improvement.

I smile with sharing your precious Theresa's and little Tang's habits and reactions to things and their sweet precious individual personalities. Kitties really don't like being messy - - I can just hear your precious Tang, "yuk - - gotta clean these feet off."

Got home a little while ago from errands - - needed to get Noah another bag of dry food from the vet's office, and took Oslo's donations with me as well. So, that's done. Haven't received a response back from my insurance agent yet about my auto premium, but I know I will. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow, I will shoot her another "gentle query" Thursday. Noah was downstairs when I got back home and was at the bottom of the basement steps eagerly greeting me. It is always a joy getting back home to my precious little boy.

Soon I will put some veggies on the stove warming for lunch. Noah has a brunch snack and is now taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion. But I know he will not refuse another serving of his food in his bowl when my lunch is ready - - it's our way of having lunch together.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Normally I'd talk about the day to day stuff, but I just can't. I may have to go away for a while, I don't know. Between the loan, rent and the payment arrangement to keep my power on, I may be able to scrape together enough (and I mean literally scrape, loose change, etc) to buy a bag of dry food for the babies and a box of swabs for Tang's ear between now an the 18th. I don't know how long the human body can go without food, but I guess I'm about to find out. I'm sorry for being a downer, but if I go away for a while at least you'll know why. Peace be with you and thank you for being my friend here.

T
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for sharing with us how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I am so sorry that you are having a hard financial struggle, my friend. Serious financial challenges can be demoralizing and depressing. Is there a food bank close to you that you could go to apply for assistance? Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I am thankful for the blessing of your friendship and of your precious companions, and that I look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Believe me, I have tried all that. Dare To Care, United Way, etc. I'm not elligible. I even sent emails to my apartment manager, and LG&E for help and they have refused to bend as well. So, at this point it's a water only diet for the forseeable future. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, but I don't think He's listening sad.gif
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Jan 9 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Thank you moon_beam

Believe me, I have tried all that. Dare To Care, United Way, etc. I'm not elligible. I even sent emails to my apartment manager, and LG&E for help and they have refused to bend as well. So, at this point it's a water only diet for the forseeable future. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, but I don't think He's listening sad.gif

Tom's Dad, have you tried a church? Here in my area quite a few churches do have food pantries. Some friends of mine go to one. They're not going to ask for your eligibility. It's strange though that these other places say you're not eligible, because you should be.
DannysMom
Louisville food pantries.

If you need food in an emergency, learn how a church, pantry, or food bank in Jefferson County Kentucky can provide assistance. Individuals and families across Louisville and the County who are in need of groceries, meals, or free food should not hesitate to call or stop by one of the centers referenced below.

Most of the food pantries will not turn anyone away who asks for help, regardless of their income, background, or religion. The not-for profit food pantries in Louisville are committed to offering a wide variety of aid to the elderly, unemployed, working poor, and other low income individuals. If the location can’t help you, they will usually refer you to another local charity, or help you apply for government food assistance. All of these programs and services, and many more, are all offered as part of the assistance programs offered from Louisville food pantries.

Fairdale Area Community Ministries – This is a local church/religious organization that passes out food, free meals, and groceries to those who need help in the community.
Address - 10616 W Manslick Rd
Fairdale, Kentucky 40118
(502) 367-9519

Jeffersontown Area Ministries
Location - 10617 Taylorsville Rd
Jeffersontown, KY 40299
Phone number - (502) 267-1055
Another one of the local churches that can provide support and food.

Arcadia Community Center
Address - 1423 Arcade Ave
Louisville, Kentucky 40215
Telephone number - (502) 375-1819
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, I know words seem so very empty during your desperate financial struggles. I hope the suggestions DannysMom has offered you will be of some help to you. You may also want to check out any local soup kitchens - - I don't think you would need to be in a men's shelter to have the benefit of receiving a meal. I know how you feel about "handouts" - - but right now you need to open yourself up to assistance where you can get it. I don't know if you would qualify for food stamps -- have you checked on that? I do know how it feels that the harder you try the worse things get, and eventually it can feel like you're drowning in a dark pit of futility. Please do not give up, Tracy - - hold onto hope that SOMEDAY things WILL get better for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom. That clearly took a lot of research. None of them are by me, but It would not hurt to call. Thank you also moon_beam. At this point I don't have much pride left in terms of "hand outs"

After consideration, I have decided I'm going to wait another week to pay the rent. Yes, that's an additional 40.00 late fee, but I have bills that are on autopay, and one coming due soon that would NSF me for 36.00 if I pay this week. So, 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other (sigh) It's this loan business that has really bogged me down. I would never have done it if not for worrying about Tang's care. But here I am again in this hole. I'm hoping 2 things happen at some point to help. Getting hired full time and a half way decent tax refund. I need to make sure my ancient student loan is not in default for the latter.

Between all this drama and being sick, I have totally been in a fog. Thank you both for your encouragement, support, and suggestions. It's appreciated. I'm getting ready to head home to Theresa and Tang now. I hope you both and Noah, Mindy, and Shelley have a very good eveing. TTFN

TTT

DannysMom
Tom's Dad, I hope things will get better for you soon. I just sent you some money to help out via paypal. I think moon_beam had a good idea in checking on if you qualify for food stamps. Every bit helps. That's why these programs exist, to help people in need. It's got to be hard on you paying those late fees as that takes away from your available disposable income. Hopefully you'll get a decent tax refund. All the best to you, Tang, and Teresa from me and the "girls".
Tom's Dad
DannysMom

Thank you. I'm speachless. I was not trying to elicit donations, but by the same token pride is a luxury I (and by extension, Theresa and Tang) can not afford these days. Your generousity is appreciated and most uncommon these days. Food stamps I know for a fact I am not eilligible for. I tried once years ago when I was only working PT about 20 hours a week barely above minimim wage. I was rudely informed I made too much. Pretty sure that's still true. Unfortunately, I do not fit any of the demographics required for government assistance. Which is frustrating considering how many of my neighbors seem to be getting their rent, etc paid that way. No wonder the manager defends them so. Guarunteed on-time income. So, I go on robbing Peter to pay Paul each week. Hard to believe that a little over 2 1/2 years ago, this would never have been on my radar of problems in the slightest. I truly thought those days of struggle and strife over; that I'd finally paid my dues. It's true we sometimes fail to appreciate what we have until it's gone. Ultimately, poor Tom paid the price for that lapse in judgement sad.gif

I too hope a timely tax refund and hopefully getting "hired" can get me out of this seemingly ongoing chasm. Thank you again and my best to you and the girls. God Bless.

T
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending warmest greetings on this cloudy gloomy dampish Friday afternoon to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - hopefully beginning to feel better from your cold does help to improve the spirits.

I am keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers that God will inspire the management and HR department to offer you a permanent position - - and that this happens very soon. I read an article on the internet this week that because of the idiocy of our elected officials the IRS is not accepting tax filings until the very end of January at the earliest. So I hope you are able to get your taxes filed at the very earliest possible date so that you can get your tax refund quickly.

I know what it's like to be the one that doesn't "qualify" for assistance for various bureaucratic reasons, and have to trudge on doing the very best possible with the little I had at the time. I know what it is like to seriously face the looming possibility of becoming a homeless statistic and worrying about what would happen with my precious companions. It is not a fun experience by any stretch of the imagination. Just do the best you can, Tracy, with the resources you have available - - and I hope and pray with all my heart that God will continue to provide for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Just today to get through and then you will be home with your precious Theresa and little Tang for an entire weekend. This, in itself, is an improvement over your previous schedule. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

For your kind and compassionate words, they are appreciated. I'd had it truly rough from about 1991-1998. My parents had tricked me into moving here under the guise of a "free" education, and pulled the rug out after barely a year. I had to give up my car, scramble for a place to live. A man I went to school with managed to get me into the "extra" room of his dingey attic apartment in Indiana. I struggled there for the next 4 years, walking many a night home across that interstate bridge over the river. I didn't find a "real" job until 1998. For the next 10 years it was a struggle but an upward sloping one in terms of each job paying better than the last. Then in 2010 it all fell apart, as you know. I worry about what will happen to my babies if I lose my home, the whole nine yards. The only place it seems like anybody cares, is on here.

So, I keep plugging away, trying not to let things get me down. From job/financial stability worries, to watching many of my neighbors not work and yet live far better than me. But then I stop to think about people who have it worse. Passing through downtown in my daily travels, I see all too many of those poor souls. It's nice to know there is a place here to come to where people understand and care.

That all being said. The week is over, I have no place special I have to be tomorrow and it's me the kitties, and TGIF. I thought I'd close with a bit of light fare. On our company web site news, I came across a story about a new WWII museum. One of the exhibits will feature a tribute to a submarine that sunk over 30 enemy ships before succumbing to a hit from one of it's own torpedos. The name of that vesel? The USS Tang! No joke. Google it if you don't believe me. It made me smile.gif I hope you and Noah had a great day together and a peaceful joyous evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, very pleasant Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for sharing the amazing story of the USS Tang. I will look that up on the internet just to share the historical account with you. I'm glad you do not have anything pressing on the agenda today so that hopefully you and your precious companions can enjoy a truly pleasant lazy Saturday together.

Because the sun was shining so bright and inviting and the temps are warm today I got dressed into my yard work clothes and worked on the upstairs deck. Bagged three bags of leaves - - bringing the total to 40 now. Also dismantled a porch swing I had put together several years ago when I had a closed in back porch. The boards are falling apart so it is no longer safe to sit in - - I can now take it to the special trash bins when I make that trip. I also relocated the settee and lounge that my mom and I bought many, many years ago when we lived in apartments and had a nice balcony to enjoy. They are now in the upper end of the back yard inside the fence. They are severely rusted from age and exposure to the weather, but otherwise are still in very good shape. I hope I can donate them to Goodwill - - once the rust is removed and are repainted they should sell quickly, and Goodwill should benefit from the sale. By the time I got done with that project my right leg and ankle and back were very uncomfortable, but a nice warm shower helped immensely. The rest of the day is going to be very low key indeed.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you had a busy day. The temps were in the upper 60s here, but it's been gray and overcast the whole day. I did allow Theresa and Tang some balcony time which they seemed to enjoy; not often they can do that this time of year. It was a relaxing day over all for me and them. It's so nice to be able to go to bed at a reasonable hour on Saturday night so as not to feel like a zombie when doing my laundry on Sunday morning. Plus 2 days off in a row again. I'll need that for the next 2 weeks. This coming Tuesday phone system training until 8, and after hours meeting the following Tuesday until 9:30. That one may run long too because the whole dept must be present (sigh) Between that and the phone testing, at least I can pick up some OT which will help. Getting ready to take care of the babies and settle in. Hope you and Noah have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now you have your laundry done, and hope you and your precious fur tribe are enjoying a lazy, peaceful day together.

I'm so glad your precious furkids had a chance to enjoy some balcony time yesterday to get some fresh air in their lungs. I presume the "Amazing Tang" behaved himself with no ideas of performing gravity defying aerial feats. Hopefully he is becoming wiser in his maturing years.

Sounds like you have quite a schedule at work for the next couple of weeks with your Tuesdays being very, very long. I hope you will have rides home those nights. I hope all goes well with the telephone training / testing, and that you will indeed receive OT pay. I know this will help. And I hope very soon you will receive word that you will be engaged as a permanent employee.

Not much going on here today as Sundays are always low key. Noah is on his bathroom window perch enjoying the sunbeams until lunch. I am so glad for the warmer temps but they will be short lived as tomorrow begin the downward trend for temps for awhile - - it is still January after all.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Not so sunny here today. In fact it has been raining steadily all day. It was pouring when I went to change my clothes over in the laundry room; not pleasant. Plus I was forced to use the front loader I hate because it and only one top loader would take any money. I suspect they were "full" and in need of emptying the coin boxes. Then some clown parked his bike right where we hang up our clothes and I had to move it out of my way. Some people. Government assistance cheats and college students whose parents pay for everything. Hard to see when I work my rear off just trying to scrape by. But at least I got it done. Early, in fact, since I woke up on my own 30 minutes ahead of my alarm.

Been a lazy day here, for which the rain was actually a help. No, Tang did not try any of his ariel act yesterday. If fact, everytime he looked up and saw me he ran inside to nuzzle me. It seems like every day they both find thier own way of saying "Thank you for rescuing us" Even Theresa afer all this time. Can it really be 6 years come March? That's 6 months longer than I had with Tom sad.gif Well, not much else going on here. Getting ready to clean Tangs ear, etc and settle in for the evening. Thank you for your support and friendship, and I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy, dreary Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Glad to know you and your precious fur tribe had a lazy cozy day yesterday after you got your laundry done. I'm smiling that your precious Tang behaved himself during balcony time Saturday. I know how much your precious Theresa and little Tang are blessings to you - - they are the light of your life.

The DISH service rep was here today to officially disconnect me from satellite service. I had been expecting a telephone call but none came -- to the number on my account. It was a good thing I checked my account online as the idiots were using the telephone number I had 2 years ago with the phone company - - instead of my phone number now which has been on my account for the last 1.5 years now - - and which I confirmed when I spoke with the DISH CSR last Thursday when I arranged the appointment for today. Oh well - - when I saw what was happening I called the contact number and confirmed that a rep would be here. He arrived around 12:30 this afternoon and it only took him about 15 minutes to dismantle the satellite dish. The account will close effective 1/26 when the 2-year contract expires, and - - I will not have to pay for the service call today because I included the cost of service calls on my contract every month. This is good news as I will not have to pay $95 for the disconnect today. DISH is sending me a box to pack the equipment in and as soon as they receive it in the warehouse the service will be permanently discontinued. The dollars "saved" from not paying for satellite service every month will now be re-routed to covering the increases in my health insurance premium.

Noah was curious about the change in routine but was a very good boy in staying in the basement living quarters so that I didn't have to be concerned about him sneaking outside when a door was opened. We have had our lunch, and he is now a happy camper taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion. I still have the lunch dishes to do, and will get to that chore in awhile. I have been working on compiling a grocery list to make that errand run this week. If the weather report is accurate we may have some freezing rain in the morning hours tomorrow and Wednesday, so I will be waiting for better weather to do errands.

Guess this is all the news for today, so will get this posted to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

And cold gray Monday greetings to you and Noah as well. I'm sure are glad that you don't have what you have described as a not so needed expense and that Noah stayed safe and sound during it all. I'm sorry to hear your health insurance is going up. I hope getting rid of the Dish was not because of that. I know too well about having to sacrafice one thing for another. I'm glad you got the communication mix up squared away too.

Yes, Theresa and Tang are my whole world and the light of my life, as is Tom's living spirit. I've just been going over this thread and can't believe how much has occured in our lives in the past couple of years. 6 years for Theresa in March, and 2 for Tang in May. My how time flies! They are my best friends and my family as I'm sure Noah is yours. I hope we have them for many years to come. Not much going on here than the usual busy Monday work day. Getting ready to head home to my precious fur tribe. I hope that you and Noah have a most peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy, dreary, damp Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I know today is a long one for you at work, and I hope you have a ride home tonight.

Yes, canceling the DISH service is a part of my "finance consolidation" that I started a couple of years ago. I would have canceled the satellite service last year except that I was under a 2-year contract that could not be canceled without incurring fees and penalties. A class action suit was placed against DISH for false price advertising, and the only way I was able to keep the service for the past year was that I was allowed to change my package to their basic service without incurring any fees or penalties. Of course when I called to cancel the service I started getting a pitch about their "newest" offers - - which met with a firm "no thank you." I cannot justify paying money to a satellite or cable provider for TV service. I am very happy being back to standard antenna service and supplementing programming through HuluPlus. Once I get my taxes settled I may add Netflix and perhaps Amazon, or may purchase a couple of individual channels that interest me through my Roku box. For now, though, I have quite enough to keep me sufficiently, and happily, entertained.

It is a rainy, dreary, damp day. This morning in between the showers the birds were singingly cheerily - - thankful for the rain to rinse the dust of the drought off their feathers. At one point the birds came serenading just outside the big windows which promptly brought Noah out of his nap at that time. He has had his lunch and is now snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes taking a nap. It is raining steadily at the moment, so the birds and squirrels are tucked warmly into their nests and dens.

Still have the lunch dishes to do, and in about 30 minutes or so will need to make a trek to the mailbox. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and once again hope that you will have a ride home tonight so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry to hear you had to give up your Dish, but it sounds like you weren't happy with it anyway. And, you have a plan going forward which is good. It has not rained here today; just been cold and gray. I'm chuckling at Noah perking up to the birds and squirels. Theresa and Tang do this too, especially Theresa. They get so into it they start "chattering" It's adorable to watch. Tang gave me a scare this morning. I was literally on my way out the door, running late, final good-byes. When I looked down and saw the redness in his ear; he really did a number on it. And I barely had time to grab some tissue and clean it up a little. No time for the cleaner, or Benadryl or anything. It's had me a bit worried all day sad.gif I wish he would stop doing that.

As far as I know I have a ride home, and I am getting to work up until 7:00. So, that;s 2.5 hours of OT which will help. Especially with taxes going up (I though we avoided the "cliff") I'm losing an additional 11.00 per week on a 40 hour check. I'm sure it will increase with OT (sigh) But, every little bit helps I guess.

Not much else going on. Another hour before the training and then I guess I can go home to the fur kids. I hope you and Noah had a great day and a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, damp Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I can so imagine how worried you were about your precious Tang's ear while you were at work yesterday, and hope the condition now looks better with the good nursing and loving he received last night when you got home. I look forward to knowing how things are for your precious little boy.

I'm so glad you will be getting OT from last night's training. I can so understand how upsetting it is to see your paycheck shrink because of the new tax laws. I saw that happening with my paycheck last year because of the tax laws that were in effect, and I know if I were working now my paycheck would be even less which would barely offset the cost of gasoline and maintenance on the car if I had accepted the transfer to the Roanoke office. I hope and pray that the OT will help you, my friend.

I was planning on doing grocery shopping tomorrow, but much to my surprise the area is now under a winter weather advisory for tomorrow for snow, sleet, freezing rain - - yukers. I do have enough in the fridge to keep me satisfied through the weekend and into early next week if the storm actually materializes. If I run out of veggies I do have canned soup to fall back on until I can comfortably get to the store. I am not in the mood to attempt shopping this afternoon among the frenzied crowds. This is a surprise and rapid development from last night's forecast - - it is January after all.

The birds are happy today that the rain has finally ended as they are cheerily singing at the moment even though the thick cloud cover continues. We got a good soaking which is good for the well, but does little to abate the severe drought in the region. The residents living along the banks of Smith Mountain Lake are up in arms because the lake levels are dropping because of the drought which is interfering with their ability to launch their boats from their priviate boat slips. As I drive along the road and cross the bridges over the lake I see how the land that once was is reclaiming what was taken from it when Appalachian Power flooded the area when they built the dam several decades ago to provide power to a select few. I hope for the long term that the falling lake levels will help with the lowering of real estate assessment values - - as the surrounding counties of the lake, including Franklin County, severely artificially inflated the property values during the "boom".

Noah is on his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over eyes taking a nap and is softly snoring at the moment. He is soooo precious. We played a good game of soccer / volley ball this morning so he's replenishing his energy levels until it's time for lunch.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

For sharing the history of your community; I always find that interesting. I hope your hopes for your area come true. The wintery mix seems to have moved on today, and should continue to throughout the week. But we got blasted last night with ice and freezing rain turning back and forth from ice to rain and back again. It took almost 45 minutes to get home between that, the inexpliciple trafiic for that time of night, and the fact my ride loves to take the long way. But with the roads/weather it was probably best. And beggars can't be choosers.

Tang's ear didn't look as bad as I tought it would and it cleaned up OK. I gave him a 1/2 dose of Benadryl for good measure that he endured like the little Sgt. Tang trooper he is. It was a bit dirty tonight and looking not so good. But on closer inspection it looks like some of the mass is scabbing over; so maybe it's trying to heal. I'm sure the Tresiderm helps with that. He does not show any other outward signs of distress due to it for which I'm grateful. I gave Theresa some "daddy hugs" tonight that she greatly enjoyed. They have had their can food and are relaxing comfortably now, Not much else going on so I will bid you and Noah a most pleasant good evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy, cloudy, dreary Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

So glad your precious Tang's ear is looking better after a good cleaning and treatment. And I'm so very glad your travels home Tuesday night were safe, although long. I hope the weather is improving in your area today. The forecast for snow in the region here continues to get later for arrival - - which at this hour is expected to arrive sometime this evening and continue snowing into the night. I may have some shoveling to do at the street tomorrow if the accumulation is more than a couple of inches. The good news is that the temps are supposed to warm up a bit over the weekend, so whatever accumulation we get overnight will soon be melted away.

Not much going on here today. Noah and I are looking forward to the return of the sun tomorrow and over the weekend. As I'm writing my precious boy is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and need to make a trek to the mailbox after awhile.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hope you are spared the worst of the winter weather. You did say you are good on provisions until after the weekend? If not, I hope you can get out for more.

Got 30 more minutes of OT for IVR testing for a total of 3 hours for the week. But it still never seems to be enough (sigh) Tomorrow I must leave at 5:30 so I can go to the bank to get the money order for my rent/late fees. It never seems to get any better. Late fees, extensions, payment arrangements. It's too depessing to think about. Well, I'm getting ready to head out and catch the last express bus of the day downtown to make my other bus home to my fur kids. I hope you and Noah had a great day and have a peaceful blessed eveing. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny snow covered Friday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your travels home yesterday were uneventful with the weather that was traveling across the nation, and hope your travels to work this morning were smooth.

Today has been busy shoveling from the ice dam at the street from the snowplows, and clearning areas where the sun doesn't reach this time of year on the driveway. It was a heavy wet snow, and thankfully there are no major power outages in the immediate area. Was glad to get my shower afterward and Noah and I have been enjoying a lazy afternoon. Noah has enjoyed the sunbeams today, and is at the moment snuggled on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do, so guess I better get busy.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. The good news is that you and your precious companions have the entire weekend together!! I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you were spared the worst of the winter weather and that you did not suffer a power outage. I also hope your shoveling was not too taxing. My travels home last night were, in a word, interesting. The weather was not bad but the later bus I took was a little late and the driver was a lunatic. Yelling, cursing, singing at the top of his lungs, and at one point even spitting out the window. I half expected him to light up a cigarette. I'm glad I won't be a regular on that one.

Tonight's trip home was OK as well. I got to the bank and the teller gave a me a free cashier's check rather than having to spend 5.00 on a money order. A small savings but a victory none the less. Every little bit helps. Afterward I had plenty of time to get to my regular bus stop to head home. Both of them were a little late but not by too much. The kittles were happy to see me and more excited than usual. I guess they know TGIF is Caturday Eve. When we can all sleep in and snuggle. They have been fed and otherwise tended to. Now I will proceed to finsih tidying up and settle in. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day and and even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, melting Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get home in a timely fashion - - that always is helpful. If you had any errands to do today, I hope you have been able to get them done so that you are able to enjoy most of this day with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

At my age it doesn't take much activity to weary the body, but I am thankful for what I am able to do. The goal is to pace the activity with the energy levels available.

The temperature here today has been pleasant - - in the upper 40's with the bright sunshine, so melting of the snow pack continues. Two days in a row of bright sunshine is quite a bonus compared to the stretch of cloudy, rainy, foggy, gloomy weather we had previously in the week leading up to Thursday nights snow event.

Was able to reconcile the bank statement to the checkbook this morning without too much of a challenge, and now next week I can begin the February "bill-a-thon". Also got my figures for 2012 expenses itemized so that when I do receive my W2 and 1099 for income I can finalize the package of receipts and make an appointment with my tax preparer.

Noah has had his lunch and is now snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox in an hour or so. I'm so glad the daylight is lasting a little bit longer each evening now. Just 8.5 weeks now until the calendar says it's spring.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Glad you had some decent weather. It was pretty nice here too. Sunny and got up to 55. I must have been very tired from the week because I didn't get up until almost 11:00; with Theresa and Tang both in the bed. It was nice. I didn't have much to do errand wise, but with the late hour didn't get home until about 1:45.

Pretty much a lazy day (what was left of it) afterward. Getting ready to clean Tang's ear and put out the can food, etc. I hope you and Noah had a nice Caturday and a peaceful and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.