Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cooler damp afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - that your day at work is treating you kindly.

I hope you will obtain satisfaction for your precious little Tang at Banfield tomorrow. Do you have a Plan B just in case you do not get what you and your precious Tang need - - including peace of mind that the veterinary staff has the level of competency YOU feel comfortable with doing the surgery? Please know you and your precious Tang are in my thoughts and prayers and will eagerly look forward to knowing how things go tomorrow.

Sorry you have continued to have the hassle with receiving your newspaper. Having been that route I can honestly tell you I do not miss not getting the newspaper anymore. I can access it online without having to pay for a subscription, and that suits me just fine. You don't need the added aggravation of having to deal with poor service with the delivery of a newspaper. So whether you buy one from a stand or view the paper online - - at least YOU will be in control and not the circulation department.

Today I went into town to the vet's office to restock Noah's dry food. There was a light rain falling on my way into town, and when I got closer to the vet's office I saw some of the evidence of the storm that caused so much havoc almost 2 weeks ago. Some trees had split in half - I mean HUGE trees split in half and are still waiting for contractors to tend to them. I asked how the vet office did and was informed it lost telephone service for one day - - the Saturday of the weekend of the storm - - but that was all. On my way home the light rain had stopped, so I stopped off at the recycle site to empty the bag of plastic bottles I have been collecting for awhile. So my errands are run for the week. The monthly finance-a-thon is coming up in a few days, and there are always other projects to keep me busy. Through all the activities my precious Noah is by my side keeping me faithful company.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are eagerly anticipating the familiar sound of your footsteps in the hallway, the click of the key in the lock, and the exuberant reunion that daddy is home. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Jul 9 2012, 08:30 PM) *
Hello DannysMom

I hope they get your AC fixed stat. I'm glad at least you have your window unit. But you are right, it only does so much. I feel your frustration in fighting uphill battles all alone. That's what usually makes me finally go ballistic on the uncaring folks. A fact I will remind the good folks at Banfield of Wednesday. But, know that it's not true nobody cares. I care. *HUGS* I hope you and your girls are OK and can keep cool. TTFN

TTT

Tracy, I know you care! smile.gif Thank you for reminding me and thanks for the cyber-hugs. I needed those! I just get so tired of fighting all my battles alone. Every time I turn around it is something else. They got the part for the AC in today, but couldn't fix it because of the rainy weather. Just my luck! But hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow. The portable AC is VERY noisy. It is not a window unit. It is a standalone thing on wheels with a hose that goes out the window. Today it hasn't been quite as hot as yesterday so I'm thankful for that. I had to take my poor girls to the vet after Shelley pooped on the floor outside the box and I saw some white things moving around on her poop. Turns out they were tapeworms. The vet tech said she has never seen so many tapeworms on a cat. Poor Shelley! No wonder she has been so fussy.
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam, and DannysMom

LoveMyMickey, glad Blackie's back. moon_beam, hope you and Noah continue to avoid the storms. DannysMom, so sorry about the tape worms (posted on your thread)

Tomorrow I take Tang to the vet. The one lady that's been there a long time and introduced us left me a VM on my cell making sure the appointment was for real. I called back and got some air head that really does not have a clue (sigh) I hope the first lady is working tomorrow. I intend to make my case about the procedure. Many times in the past when Dr. Mills was resident at my location, I'd be told he had to go to the other location to do a surgery. Now that he's resident there, I don't see why that can't work both ways. I've been going there 7 years starting with Tom, and I feel me and my babies deserve better. I'll let you know how it goes. My regular cabbie must have started his vacation early because I got a message that his phone is not accepting incoming calls. So, I called the company and scheduled ahead. Wish us luck. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
So, OK. The good news first. Tang's mass is not as large as I thought. Most of what I was seeing was infectious matter for which he has an RX for Clavimox (antibotic liquid, oral) and Tresiderm that goes directly in the ear. The Clavimox is also for a slight bladder infection.

Which leads to the bad news. Blood work and urinalasys revealed he is in fact diabetic sad.gif I have an RX for both insulin and Hills low carb food for diabetic cats which I got today and is 5.00 cheaper per bag than what I had Tom on. The insulin I will probably pick up at the Kroger by where I work on my lunch hour and put in the break room 'fridge. Two units a day for two weeks before recheck.

The vet is ordering me a self tester so I don't have to go every week like I did with Tom. Dr. Mills can come to do the surgery but not for at least a few weeks or more. Which works out because of the diabetes, he's not a candiate for surgery until the glucose is under control (You hear that, certain "vet"?) Which is also good because today's price tag came to 130.00, just 30.00 shy of the surgery estimate; I thought it a bad idea to borrow as much as I did, but see now perhaps not. I'll probably be "juggling" between the two loan companies for a while until I'm stabalized (sigh) Oh, and Both Dr. Harris and Dr. Mills agree the mass is NOT cancerous, which is a relief.

Now, I just have to figure out when I can get Theresa in for what I hope is a text book comprehensive exam. She has always been my "rock" health wise. This is my day so far, with a nice little dose of gout pain in my right big toe. Thank goodness for Alopurinol and ibprofrin. I'll post more as news becomes available. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well - - as well as possible under the circumstances - - and in reasonably good spirits.

I want to say first how happy I am that the growth in your precious Tang's ear is definitely benign, and that it is smaller than what you had anticipated it to be. I know the medications will help to clean up the infections (both ear and UTI), and the Tresaderm once again to help keep the ear clean. And I'm very glad Dr. Mills will be able to do the surgery when it is appropriate. I know you will want him to do the surgery now more than ever with Tang's diabetes.

And now I wish to try to offer you some words of encouragement and comfort about your precious Tang's diagnosis with diabetes. You had wondered about this during the spring, and I am so very sorry your fears have been confirmed. Did Dr. Harris mention how severe the diabetes is at this time? I am hoping the combination of insulin and food will stabilize your precious little Tang's blood sugar quickly, and that you, your precious little Tang and Theresa will enjoy a long and healthy earthly journey together.

Now for dad: I'm sorry that you are having a flare of gout to contend with. I know you are very concerned about Tang, and want to be strong and healthy to take care of him - - and the last thing you need is to be in pain and discomfort. I hope the medications will offer you relief so that you can focus on taking care of your precious Theresa and little Tang - - AND yourself.

I hope your travels to and from the vet office went smoothly for you and your precious Tang, and that you and your precious furkids are now being able to enjoy a pleasant day together, and will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Dr. Harris said his glucose count was up in the high 400s - worse than when Tom was diagnosed. Am I forever cursed to have male cats with diabetes and living on borrowed time? Does God think this is funny somehow? At least she (Dr. Harris) is very much aware that you NEVER put a cat under when their counts are off; and that that butcher is no longer employed with Banfield. But why does ths keep happening to me? One more reason he's lucky I took him and not someone else I guess. But do the Fates think I'm MADE of money? Will I lose my job again to complete the pattern of cruelty? To top it all off, the lady I'd hoped would be there was, but informed me she and one other are the only original staff left there; and she herself is looking for another job. They, like me, are fed up with the "new" people and way of doing things that's geared more toward money and less about caring for the fur kids.

The pain in my toe is not a "full blown" gout attack, thank the Alopurinol for that I suppose. But it still stinks. I'm still trying to process it all. Not much more to post now. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad,

I hope that Tang's condition will improve and stabilize with the insulin. Maybe you can find some insulin cheaper online from pet stores or pet pharmacies. Sorry to hear about your experience with Banfield today. I once took Danny there because my regular vet was closed and he had diarrhea. I let them talk me into signing up for their wellness plan. BIG MISTAKE! One day he was supposed to have blood drawn for something. Danny was still a little kitten then. The ditzy blonde vet took Danny in one hand, and in the other hand she had the needle and was trying to stick him while singing some hippie song from the 70s. I almost asked her if she was on drugs. She missed with the needle and hurt Danny. He screamed out in pain, and I gasped. She gave me a look and said:"Who are you concerned about, me or the cat?" In that moment I wanted to slap her. I complained about her to Banfield, but it didn't really do much good other than she was barred from treating Danny again. They only exist to make money, and their computer system never seems to work right.

Hang in there, Tom's Dad. With the right food and insulin you should be able to get Tang's diabetes under control. I hope that Teresa will be okay when you take her for her check-up.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

I suppose I saw this coming, but was in denial. Much as with his ear. But at least that turned out not nearly as bad as I had thought. I was not able to avail myself of my usual cabbie, but got someone very nice. He said that given a choice, he'd rather his pet was diabetic than to have cancer. I suppose there is a higher lesson there. At least the former is more under my control than the latter. But still, it's hard not to see it as a mixed blessing at best.

I seem to recall your horror story about Banfield in one of your posts. Fortunately, by bad experiences have not been as beyond the pale as yours (Tom's death not withstanding). Cindy (the vet tech who introduced me to Tang) did say Dr. Harris is VERY good with cats, and her word carries a lot of weight with me. Another reason I trust her is that she made me aware of the survey and that would be a good place to voice my concerns. I do hope she stays, but I understand her reasons for wanting to leave (sigh)

Thank you again for caring. I hope you and your girls are doing well. I also hope your AC is fixed. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, my AC is fixed! smile.gif I forgot to mention it. My girls are very happy and comfortable, and Shelley is happily running around again, chasing after toy balls. Mindy is napping, but I'm hoping she'll play chase later on with Shelley to get some weight off her. Every bit of exercise helps!
Tom's Dad
DannysMom

Glad to hear the AC is fixed. Let's hope we don't have too many more 100 plus days!
Tom's Dad
This morning I woke up with a start to the sound of my alarm. The start came from the fact that it had being going off for 15 minutes! That's never happened before. The adrenaline of running late got me out the door on time. But, since then I feel sluggish and slow. The the birds and squirrels outside the office don't bring their usual joy. I feel down and out. I know this is probably a delayed reaction to the news about Tang. I looked at my bank account with dismay this morning. Between the vet visit and various things related to it I managed to spend the better part of the loan sad.gif

I'm feeling in my gut I'm going to lose him just like Tom. I am profoundly sad.......
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to check in to see how you're doing, and to send greetings to your precious Theresa and little Tang as well from Noah and me.

Tracy, I can certainly understand your feelings of profound sadness and feeling like the universe being "against" you. I have felt this same way more than once in my lifetime. It's partly because of the "adrenalin crash" from oversleeping this morning in addition to the concerns you have had for your little Tang's health - - only to have them confirmed, and your concerns and fears about your employment and financial stability.

I truly wish I could change little Tang's diagnosis - - take away the diabetes and the tumor - - and the heartworms. I firmly believe that Sir Thomas led your paths together because he knows that only YOU, Tracy, will love this little boy who has multiple health issues with your whole heart - - regardless of how much time you have together in your earthly journey. Had anyone else adopted him this precious little boy could now find himself abandoned at a dumpster - - or having his life ended prematurely discarded at a shelter that is overwhelmed with other unwanted "expendable" lives.

Tracy, I know times are challenging right now, but please hang in here. Your precious Theresa and little Tang need you very much, and you, my friend, are valued here with us. I hope your day at work is going well, and that your travels home to your precious furkids will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please try to have faith that your precious little Tang will be okay - - for he has your love, - - at all times and all circumstances.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam.

I suppose there something to what you say about what would have happened to Tang if I had not intervened. But he could also have easily been "adopted" by the staff like their "house cat" Miss Kitty. Still , I would not trade one minute with him for the world. I have grown to love him too much. I know about diabetes, and what needs to be done. The new staff vet is aware of not putting him under for any reason when his counts are off. If that had not happened to Tom, he may very well still be with me. As it was, he held on for over 4 years. And Tang is younger than Tom when he was DX. So these are things in his favor.

I appreciate that I am valued here. That feels better then you know. I went to Kroger on my lunch hour with the RX. They had Lantis on hand, but said it would take an hour to get ready. What? She had the package in her hand. Anyway, I have about a 1/2 hour after work before my bus. I guess I can walk down there and get it, then hop my first bus home. Poor Tang. He has to have insulin and Clavimox 2X a day. Tresiderm in the morning (2X a day if it's really bad) and a cleaning at night. He's going to think I hate him or something. But the nice thing about him is he always comes around soon after for some love. Thanks again for the support. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Well, the Kroger had the Lantis but it was 140.00!!!!!! I can't afford that, especially after all I just laid out sad.gif I know that they had Tom on Humulin and he did very well with it. Kroger sells that for about 60.00 - though I used to buy it at Walmart for half that, but that's not an option anymore. So, I will have to call the vet tomorrow and see if thet can call in a substitution. If all goes well, I should be able to start dosing tomorrow night. It's probably best to have these few days to let him get through the antibiotics. It's just one thing after another.... At least he's got the Tresiderm, and the special food. So, it's a start.
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, from what I read the Humulin is being discontinued. Apparently it's still available in some places though as you found it at Kroger. Please read this article: http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Substitu...Humulin_U_and_L
Tom's Dad
QUOTE (DannysMom @ Jul 12 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Tom's Dad, from what I read the Humulin is being discontinued. Apparently it's still available in some places though as you found it at Kroger. Please read this article: http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Substitu...Humulin_U_and_L

Why is that no matter how hard I try, no matter what do it's always wrong? sad.gif Apparently Tang would better off anywhere but with me.
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Jul 12 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Why is that no matter how hard I try, no matter what do it's always wrong? sad.gif Apparently Tang would better off anywhere but with me.

It's not your fault. Please don't give up. I'm sure there's a solution. I'm sure your vet can help.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang on this Friday morning. Some drug companies offer financial assistance to people who cannot afford their medications. Ask the veterinary staff if they can assist you with the application - - or contact the drug company directly. They may even have a division that specializes in veterinary care. So please do not lose hope. And please let us know what you find out, okay?

Today is a low key one here. Worked some more on the shred box until the shredder shut down as the motor overheats. Slowly but surely that project over the next several days will be finished - - just in time to begin the process all over again with the ongoing junk mail that still makes its way into te mailbox.

My friend, I hope your day at work is going well, and that your travels home to your precious furkids will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please try to have faith that your precious little Tang will be okay - - for he has your love, - - at all times and all circumstances. And although love cannot take away the health issues, it is still the best medicine he will have - - for it is eternal.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom and moon_beam

I called my Banfield and Dr. Harris was on her way out of town. But they did get hold of her. She said Humulin N would be fine, but she could not run the calculations for doasge since she waas not in the office. They had me call over to the other location to reach Dr. Mills. One of the vet techs came on the line and stated Dr. Mills said the Humulin would be fine and the dosage would be the same. Two units twice a day. Then two weeks to the next check. Kroger had the Humulin N on hand, and it only cost about 1/2 of the Lantis. I'm glad I finally got all this squared away. All that phone tag, and walking back and forth from work to Kroger and back. But now I can start Tang on his insulin. I hope he starts to feel better. Thanks for all the support. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just stopping by to say hello and that I am so sorry about Tang's diabetes. I know you have had a rough time, but that just shows how much you love your furbabies and you take good care of them.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Yes, I do love them and try my best to care for them. They are, afterall, all I have. I don't mean that to sound pathetic. I'm actually OK with it. But that's also why I come here to interact with people who feel the same way. I hope Blackie is doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending good Caturday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - hopefully MUCH better spirits now that you have your precious little Tang's insulin okay. I know you are at work at the moment, but I know you are counting the minutes to the time when you can begin your journey home to your precious furkids who are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their Forever Dad.

I am sooooo very glad you were able to get the insulin change approved by Dr. Mills. I know you are doing everything in your power to give your precious Theresa and little Tang a happy and healthy earthly journey, my friend. Please let us know how your precious little boy does with his insulin and food. From my beloved Samson forward all of my furkids have had Science Diet foods - - both off the shelf as well as prescription - - and I know your precious little Tang will do well with the special food.

Got the last of the shred box emptied yesterday evening -- can't believe I was able to finish that job yesterday. It's nice to be looking at an empty box, though, and am so glad the shredder survived the job - - and was still working when I turned it off last night. Today has been paying a couple of bills online and printing off the monthly bank statement in preparation for the old "balance the checkbook" - a - thon next week. Did a little mending job on a blouse - - sewing on a couple of buttons - - , and changed the blankets on the bed today so now I have laundry waiting to be done as well. Never a dull moment with projects to do.

My friend, I hope your day at work is going well, and that your travels home to your precious furkids will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It is a relief to have the insulin. Still pricey, but better than the 140.00 for Lantis. Of course I used to be able to get Humulin N @ Wal-Mart for around 30.00 - But my neighborhood Wal-Mart closed a few years ago (sigh)

Last night was his first dose, and I thought I could just do like I did with Tom. While he was distracted eating a bit of can food, I grabbed the loose skin around his neck to inject. But he got startled and freaked. I actually had to get him on the second try as it was not in long enough to empty the syringe. From now on, he gets that an any other "procedures" in the bathroom sink when I either do the cleaning or apply the Tresiderm. He did pretty well with that this morning. He gets grumpy about it at first, but is always back minutes later "talking" to me and nuzzling my legs.

Glad you are getting your home projects done and on track. It's been even more slow than usual today at work, for which I am grateful. Less than an hour and I begin my nearly 3 hour trek to get from here to my door. Been raining and I hope it stops by then. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I am so chuckling about little Tang's reaction to your "sneak" injection. I can just hear him: "Woooooe, dad - - what the heck was THAT??!!! I thought I only had to have shots at the doc place!!!! - - Don't you know it's not nice to try to trick me, dad?" And I can hear you comfortingly say: "Hey, my son, I am sooooo sorry for startling you like that. I thought giving you your insulin while you were focused on something nice would make the shot less stressful. My baby boy - - I won't do that again to you, I promise. Please forgive me." And so he does - - as he comes back to you with rubs of comforting reassurance that you are still - - and always - - his Forever Dad.

I truly am very sorry your trip home on Saturdays is 3 hours. I hope and pray with all my heart that this will not be a "permanent" routine for you - - that someday sooner than later your schedule can be arranged to better accommodate your transportation.

It's close to getting my precious little Noah his dinner. He has already begun the "empty tummy" notices. He is so precious - - and so funny. Once again, my friend, I hope your travels home to your precious furkids will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Your assessment of Tang's reaction to being "stuck" is about right. It's much easier to get it out of the way while I have him in the sink for all the other stuff. He seems to be doing better. His breath is better, coat is shinier, and the dandruff is abating. All good signs. Here lately, Theresa wants to sniff his ear after it's been cleaned or had the Tresiderm. Weird. Doing laundry now and so very tired. Hope you and Noah are well, TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending sunny Sunday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I am sooooo glad to know that your precious little boy is already showing benefits to the antibiotics and insulin. I know your heart is soaring with joy and relief. This truly is an answer to prayer, my friend.

I am chuckling at your precious Theresa's checking out her brother's ear - - giving it her sisterly approval. Noah would do the same thing with his beautiful baby sister, and if he thought she hadn't cleaned her ears enough he would "finish" the job - - which didn't always meet with a welcome reception. I can hear her say, "Okay, dad, inspection completed and satisfactory. Good job."

Not much going on here today. The temperature is on it's way up, the AC unit to the upstairs is running regularly now, and my precious Noah is contentedly stretched out next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Life doesn't get much better than this.

Hope you have the laundry done, and are now enjoying a very pleasant day with your precious furkids, and will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And once again, my dear friend, I am sooooooo happy your precious little Tang is doing so much better.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's funny, but Theresa did look up at me from the floor after "inspecting" Tang's ear as if to say something. Laundry was more of a struggle today as I was even more tired than the last 2 Sundays. But, my second bus was over 20 minutes late going home last night, so it threw everything off. Probably all the downtown traffic for the My Morning Jacket concert.

So many rude 20 somethings who don't normally ride the bus, but park far away and bus it the rest of the way. Obnoxious concert goers without a real care in the world. I hate them. It was no better by where I live as the hotel was hosting a convention of Ford Falcon enthusiests. Now I have seen everything blink.gif

It was a restful day otherwise. Long naps all around for us. Soon I will have to do Tang's evening regimine and feeding for both. I hope you and Noah have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, I'm glad to hear that Tang's is doing better. It is never fun when we have to stick them with needles or give them pills, but I'm sure he knows that this is helping him. I hope he continues to improve. It's been quiet day here with my girls. Mindy grooms "sister" Shelley every chance she gets, and Shelley is basking in getting so much kitty loving. Today when Shelley started grooming herself Mindy laid down beside her and started grooming Shelley's back and her tail. Shelley gave her an odd look as if to say:"Hey, I can take care of that!" I guess Miss Mindy has some mothering instincts which is really odd since Shelley is the one who had kittens not too long ago. But it sure is fun watching them! smile.gif
xxForeverxx
Hi Tom's Dad

I am glad to hear that Tang is getting the help needed. You keep doing so much for him and when you say he nuzzles your leg afterwards this is his way of showing you he is grateful for everything you do and he loves you. They keep you going too. Stay strong. I am thinking of you.

xxForeverxx
Tom's Dad
Thank you xxForeverxx and DannysMom (Always a pleasure to hear about the girls)

Tang is getting used to the injections, Clavimox, and Tresiderm in addition to the daily cleanings. At least the Clavimox will be gone in a couple days, so he won't have that to contend with. He's been so good about all of it too. Since we started back on the Tresiderm, the cleanings have gotten easier; it think it has helped greatly with his discomfort. He is maintaining a good weight and devours the RX low carb food. I want to thank everybody who has been so supportive in this difficult time for us. Have a great day! TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news.

I am so glad that your precious little Tang is enjoying his new food. He sounds a lot like my precious Noah - - as long as it's food all is right with the world.

Today has been busy with the "balance the checkbook-a-thon", and thankfully it went well. This exercise also included matching payment receipts to bills, logging in payments in my financial record, and getting the next month's bills written into the checkbook so that I can pay them as they come due. I'm always glad when this exercise is over with for the month.

Looks like temperatures are rising again but hopefully not back into the triple digit numbers. Veggies are on the stove steaming and Noah is on his table next to the stove making sure everything is cooking as it's supposed to.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Ah, bills, bills. I'm glad you got that out of the way. Yes, Tang LOVES food. It's so funny, he will be "talking" to me in the kitchen, or nuzzling for attention. Then, suddenly, dash for the closest food bowl and start to nosh. As if to say "I like food, daddy. NOM NOM NOM, I just love food"

Today I had to move desks at work. It seems the 2 sups switch teams (and desks) every 6 months. And I'm staying with the "jerk" It really makes no sense. There are only 13 of us. It's just not that far to walk. As a former team lead I had to cover 80 reps and 4 times the area. Personally, I think he just wants to keep an eye on me. But, he ignores me just as much as before. I just hope he does not continue with "hunting" for bad calls to monitor so he can score me low. That's usually how jerks get rid of people they don't like (sigh) LG&E all over again.

But, that's over for now. And one more day before I'm off again. I scheduled Theresa for her comprehensive exam Wednesday. Let's hope my "rock" holds true to form. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hi Tom's Dad! I hope everything goes well with Teresa's exam on Wednesday. Try not to think of "the jerk". I'm sure the other people know that you are doing a fine job. Just keep giving your best. I'm sure it will work out.

My girls are the sweetest. Miss Mindy is always so ready to "love" on Shelley. It is so funny to watch them. Tonight Shelley jumped on a chair where Mindy was snuggled up, and Mindy immediately sprung into action and wrapped her paws around Shelley's neck and groomed her.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

Glad to hear Mindy and Shelley are getting along and settling into a routine. I try not to worry about work. But, it's hard after the bad run of luck I've had over the last few years. All I can do is try my best.

I too hope Theresa checks out OK tomorrow. One health crisis is more than enough to deal with. Tang also continues to do well. I hope you and your girls have a great day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending warm afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. I know you are counting the minutes until you are homeward bound to your precious fur tribe.

I am so sorry that you have been assigned to "the jerk" supervisor. What is the purpose of the "musical desks" if you're just going to keep the same idiot supervisor? Forgive me if I sound like this doesn't make sense. But I have learned through my years of employment that very few decisions management imposes on the troops make any sense. I so do understand your feelings of "bad luck" - - particularly after your experience at LG&E - - and hope and pray this will NOT become a "repeat performance" for you.

So glad your pecious little Tang is continuing to do well, and hope your precious Theresa's check up tomorrow will go smoothly. Is your cabbie friend back and able to drive you this time?

It has been a welcome quiet day here - - no financial "stuff" to work on. Noah has had his lunch and is now upstairs enjoying some "private time" as is his usual routine. I have the lunch dishes to wash and will need to make a trek out to the mailbox in awhile to collect what was delivered both yesterday and today, but I will wait to do that until later when it is not quite so hot.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please let us know how your precious Theresa's check up goes tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I had to move because he moved. But, I still think there is more to it than that. For example, he went and "found" the call I did the disconnect wrong on and scored me 75%. One has to have a fairly solid 85% > on each and on average to remain employed over time. But then he surprised me today. We have a manditory meeting next Thursday after hours from 8-9:30 PM. I told him that would be difficult, and he asked where I lived which I told him. He then said it's on his way home, no problem. So, who knows? Still going to be a long day though (sigh)

But, I am home on my "Friday" Theresa and Tang fed, and Tang medicated. I will let you know how Theresa's check up goes tomorrow. I always get the best reports on both their behaviors. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, that is nice that they guy is offering you a ride. Accept it, and chat with him and try to get to know him better. Who knows, you might become good friends with him. Stranger things have happened! smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

I suppose stranger things have happened. But I would not go that far in this case. What's weird is when I hear him talking to other reps he sounds like Mike Nelson from my beloved Mystery Science Theater 3000. But, it is at least a chance to try to figure out what his beef with me is.

Tom's Dad
Well, Theresa's vet visit was good but not perfect. She's develpoed a slight infection in both ears, that can thankfully be treated with the Tresiderm I already have. She is NOT, however, as easy going about it as Tang. Also, her blood work numbers in regard to her kidneys was just a tad out of normal range in a couple areas. The vet said no medication is indicated at this time. But I should monitor her to make sure she is drinking plenty of water. So for her that's good, for Tang not so much. My life as a cat dad is getting more and more complicated....(sigh)
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I am so glad that Theresa's check up went well overall. As with any family unit sounds like the ear infections are making the rounds. Hope the Tresiderm clears it up quickly for her. She's probably thinking, "hey, dad, it's TANG that's supposed to get his ears cleaned -- NOT ME!! Daddyyyyyyyyy - - I don't WANT my ears cleaned - - they're okay - - really. Oh daddy - - gee whiskers". I'm wondering if little Tang chases her like she used to chase him in the beginning. Turn about fair play, perhaps? Hope she begins to drink a bit more water for the good of her kidneys. Will you need to take her back for a follow up check in 6 months or so?

So what are you going to do next Thursday? Go home and then have to go right back out again? Why is the meeting so late? Were you informed on this during your training? Is this a regular group meeting with ALL the employees he supervises? I do hope his offer to help you with transportation is genuine, my friend. And like DannysMom, I, too, am hoping this may prove to be an opportunity for him to get to know you better - - and more supportive of you on the job. Please let us know how things go.

Did the weekly errands and grocery shopping today, and it is H O T outside. I'm so glad I got that done. Kroger was busy this morning which surprised me a bit since yesterday was "senior" day. But I was able to get checked out quickly and back home to my precious little Noah. The rest of the day is going to be quality time with my precious little boy.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And once again I am so glad that your precious Theresa's check up went so well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I only have to apply the Tresiderm for Theresa, but she still has the fight I remember from after I first got her and it was much worse. No, Tang does not chase her anymore. But I think a lot of that was pain and discomfort which we seem to have under control. They will both need more follow up than the usual for a bit I suspect. Like I'm made of money.

No, they did not say a word about late evening meetings in training. No, it would make no sense for me to go home and come right back, even if I could. Which I can't because the #78 stops running before then. I asked if I could come in and work 11-8 that day, but all he said was I could switch if someone was willing. I sent out an email with no response but the sound of crickets. Like I said. LONG day. These are not the most helpful or accomodating people I have ever worked with. Like I said, I'm not part of their former Charter employee cadre' What kind of person brags about getting fired, anyway?

I'm glad you got your errands done and out of the heat. I was back in here by 11:00 AM and it was hot then. I picked up a 20" box fan on sale as my high powered desk fan is getting harder and harer to start. Good timing too as my desktop tool says 97 degress. I guess the "cool" spell could not last long. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, late afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

What a sweet little brother Tang is to his big sister not chasing her after she gets her ears cleaned. Unfortunately, yes, as the body ages it does become more "high maintenance."

I'm so glad you were able to get a new fan on sale. I, too, run a fan particularly in the evening to help circulate the air as the basement can become a little stuffy at night. It has been another hot day here with triple digit heat indice of 103 degrees. A brief thunderstorm came through a little while ago and knocked down the temp to 78 degrees, but the sun has come back out and the temperature is rising quickly once again.

I am so sorry that you have not received any responses to your request to change schedules for next Thursday. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you and your precious furkids will be able to get through next Thursday with as little upset as possible. At least you have this time to prepare you and your precious furkids for this long day instead of it being presented to you without any advance notice. I know I have said this in the past, and I will say it again: It really is okay to keep your options open for other opportunities even though you have "a job" now. It never hurts to keep your options open, my friend. No employer has any thought of "loyalty" toward its employees, and therefore your ONLY loyalty is to you and your precious furkids. You are entitled to work in an environment that is supportive of you - and you had this while you were working with Republic Bank. But only you can make the decision, my friend, and please know you have my full support.

Noah is doing well. I woke up this morning to find him stretched out full length across my legs. That was quite a pleasant way to begin the day. He is stretched out next to me taking a late afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. He is so precious and the joy of my life.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful so that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I think Tang is enjoying the "turnabout" actually. Theresa laid down on the kitchen floor and proceded to glare at me after her drops this evening. But, I told her to try to remember back when I first brought her hone and it was so bad she could hardley walk straight or meow more than a whisper. Small price ro pay to keep from going back to that. She does not agree dry.gif

Work was super busy this morning due to outages from the storms; likely will be again tomorrow (more storms) I may have misjudged some of my co workers. In addition to the sup giving me a lift home, another guy asked if I'd gotten anyone to switch. I said no luck. While he couldn't help (he gets off at 5:30) He said he was going to hang out at the mall for a couple hours instead of going home, and I was welcome to come with. Then as I was leaving, the one guy I sat with after training asked if I had secured a ride home as well. Perhaps I was looking at this from the point of view of past experience.

Home to the kittles after getting soaked in the storm. But I took the late bus home and only had to walk thru my parking lot. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just getting ready to make my final pass through before signing off and shutting down this whiz gizmo for the night. Just want to share with you that I am soooo glad you have received kindness from your fellow co-workers. This is soooooo encouraging, and I am sooooo glad for you.

I am so chuckling about your precious Theresa's lack of enthusiasm about getting her ears treated. I can just see her trying to inflict all kinds of "guilt" on you for making her "suffer." But even though her glares may say, "I don't like this, daddy" -- her heart is deeply thankful that you are her Forever Dad. Let there be no doubt in your heart about that, my friend.

I am so glad you are now home with your precious furkids so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And once again, my friend, I am sooooo very glad at your good news about the kindness you have received from your co-workers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam.

It is nice to get some concern from my wo-workers. But I'm getting a lot of "How are you doing, do you like it?" I got that a lot in the beginning at LG&E. So, it makes me nervous.

Theresa still fights me on the drops. But it's easier in the sink. Gotta do what we gotta do. She likes to hide behind the box fan now when it's leaned up against something. I found how uneven my floors are when I tried to stand it up on its own and it almost fell on her. Tang is doing well with his treatments as well. Not much else to report now. Hope you and Noah have a great day. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, late afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this mostly cloudy, somewhat damp day. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. In a little while you will be on your way home to your precious companions who are already eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad.

Does your precious Theresa try to play the "invisible" game - - such as "you can't put drops in my ears, daddy, if you can't see me?" I'm chuckling at her trying to hide behind the floor fan - - or perhaps the backflow of the air when the fan is running feels good through her fur. In the summer months my Samson used to lay over the floor vents because the A C felt good to him through his thick Border Collie undercoat.

Not much going on here today. Did a load of laundry - - the sheets and blankets when I put fresh ones this past weekend. I just have the summer comforter to do, but that will happen another day.

Noah is doing well. He is curled up next to me watching me type as I'm writing to you. It is a blessing for me to be able to be home with him now.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Theresa has not taken to the invisible game as much as Tang - yet. But he's had more practice in getting medicine and going to the vet. In fact, he hid the day I took Theresa in for her check up. I think she just likes to hind behind anything that's "new" like fans, shopping bags, etc.

Getting ready to go home to them now. My long day is tomorrow (blah) I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. I know you still have some time left at work, and that your travels home will be long today. But the prize come the end of the day will be being reunited with your precious Theresa and little Tang who are blessed to have you for their Forever Dad.

Not much going on here today - - just a bit of this and a bit of that. Noah has had his lunch and is upstairs for his usual afternoon "private time". Soon I will do the lunch dishes and some other light chores.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Hope you and Noah are well and had a good Caturday. Work was OK, a little busy from techs in the field calling to swap out modems from the storms. But otherwise a normal Saturday. My second bus home was right on time which was a blessing. Theresa and Tang are both doing fine, and laundry is under way. Looking forward to that being over and crashing on the couch and snuggle time with the kittles. I hope you and Noah have a great Sunday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Sunday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. So glad you have your laundry done by now so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy being "couch potatoes" today.

Not much going on here today - - it's a very low key day. Soon it will be time to fix some lunch for both my precious Noah and me. Trying to get caught up on some e-mails, too.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.