Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy wintry greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope KFORCE is able to help you acquire a job soon, and that you will be able to begin your unemployment benefits without any undue delays or hassles.

Life here is chugging along. The saga of figuring out the processes and protocols under the Affordable Care Act continues to be an education in just how difficult the legislators and insurance companies can twist and manipulate insurance coverage.

Much to my surprise the contractor is here to service the generator, and Noah is patiently waiting for his lunch.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a little warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad your contractor made it out to service the generator as promised - the second time around, anyway.

I have not heard back from KFORCE, but then it took her a while to get back to me the first time. Last I heard she needed to check my rehire status for Humana - but come to think of it, in the last 4 years or so when trying to get in there I have never had so much as one interview (sigh) I'll follow up Monday.

I also spoke to UE payments division today and she thought the 23rd was a bit far off too. She suggested going to a local office and seeing if they can manually back date it since it's just reopening an existing claim. I'll do that Monday too. I hope I can get that and/or my tax refund loose before the 15th so I don't have to pay a second rent late fee - bad enough they raised it 40.00 this last time around sad.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and did something today that made me so wish I had a camera. They were both curled up together in the recliner I watch TV in of an evening wub.gif Usually it's a struggle for territory and if one is already there, the other will find someplace else. That usually being Theresa, and from her position on the edge it was her that decided to snuggle up next to where Tang already was. I found myself hoping it a good omen for us all.

Not much else happening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny melting 60 degree Caturday greetigs to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I know how frustrating all the "follow ups" are, and hope your efforts will be fruitful instead of frustrating. Please let us know how things go with your unemployment benefits and your job search.

It's always heartwarming to see our precious companions "compatible" with one another, and this Kodak moment with your precious Theresa and little Tang is forever a part of your heart and memories, my friend.

I was not expecting the generator contractor to appear yesterday with the snowy sleety icy weather, but it was a pleasant "surprise" to see him here anyway. We discussed a service contract on the generator but I did not have the funds to write a check for the lump sum amount. I asked him if there was a way I could have the contract on a monthly payment basis, and fortunately the answer to that was yes - - with the monthly charges going to a credit card. So I opted for the twice a year service contract so that the generator would be serviced in the spring (March) and then again in the fall (September) - - and I wouldn't have to write a check for either service call as I would already be making monthly payments on the service contract. So that worked out well.

Today has been focused on ANYTHING BUT the Affordable Care Act. The more I get into the procedures and protocols the more I literally have panic attacks about the cost of even the most basic level coverage being offered. Thank goodness I am investigating the procedures and options NOW instead of waiting until November when I will have NO CHOICE but to get another policy since the one I currently have will no longer be renewable - - even though Congress has now made provisions that it could be renewed but is the "option" of the insurance provider - - and I know that Anthem has no intention of honoring this option. What a MESS!!!

Noah is happy to see the snow cap disappearing outside, as am I, and we both are enjoying the sunbeams today. My precious little boy has had his lunch and the timer on the stove will soon be letting me know my lunch is ready is well.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Occasionally sunny and warmer Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad you were able to get your generator serviced with a payment structure that works for you. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the health insurance, and I hope you can find a plan that works for you. Personally, I don't think anybody on either side of the aisle of congress really cares about you, me and the rest of the public.

Thanks for the support on my follow ups for Monday, I will keep you posted. The weather was fairly nice today so I allowed balcony time earlier and am now as I write this. Both Theresa and Tang are well and have kept me company throughout the day. Currently, they seem to be "stalking" on the balcony happy.gif

Not much else going on here - don't forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour tonight. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Caturday Greetings to you, Princess Theresa, and Sgt. Tang!...I hope you all are doing well and had a good day. It feels more like Spring, thank goodness. I went to Kroger yesterday, had to stock up on everything including cat food. I always get a few cans to go with the dry. Smokey always shows up for breakfast and dinner and in between. This evening Smokey didn't eat all his can food before he left, so Tabby2 finished it. Tabby2 looks kind of pitiful, he is a long yellow striped cat and his back legs are shaped funny. Maybe he was hurt at one time.

Smokey is a happy cat, he rolls on his back. I found out he rolls on other neighbor's porches too, so he probably has many friends.. I noticed he avoids fights. If he sees another cat he's not sure of, he will jump upon the car or trash can.
I hope your little strays still come around for your kindness.

Tracy, I hope you have a successful week ahead. You and furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers....God Bless.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. Pleasant weather Caturday greetings to you, hubby and the kitties. I hope you are all well.

Smokey sounds like one smart cookie - avoid the fights and make friends with the few humans that are willing to help. A kitty more deserving of a forever home I cannot imagine. I'm sorry to hear about Tabby2 having hind leg issues, but I'm glad you are there for them.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. I'm going to need them more than ever in regard to my actually receiving my tax refund as I desperately need it to pay the rent, etc.

I hope the day has been kind to all of you and that you have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny spring fever Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

So glad your precious fur tribe was able to get some balcony time yesterday, and that neither one of them got any "notions" of exploring beyond the realm of their balcony.

With the warm temps and sunshine yesterday all of the snow pack that was on the ground early in the day was completely gone by 5 p.m. when I went out to get the mail. I can live with that. Noah is thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams, as am I.

Nothing significant going on here today. Noah has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages of warming on the stove.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but a tad cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and I'm glad he has sunbeams once again to bask in.

The time change SNAFU not withstanding, it's been a fairly uneventful day. It was too cold for balcony time most of the day, but has since warmed up to 51. So Tang is out there right now, while Theresa is not showing much interest. It has to get a lot warmer for her to enjoy time out there. It's kind of funny that she looks like she'd be right at home in the snow, but actually loves warm and even hot weather.

Tomorrow I have to get up around 6:30 to hit the local UE office and hopefully get my claim straightened out so I don't have to wait so long to claim a check - The tax refund is still technically in limbo until/if it's released. So, I'm pretty much running on empty at the moment. Any prayers you could throw our way would be appreciated.

All that being said, I'm a little worried about Tang. He's been making odd motions with his mouth from time to time - like he's trying to dislodge something in his teeth. I tried to take a look today and there are areas around his lower canines that are more white than pink unsure.gif But on his last check up, Dr. Mills didn't say anything about his teeth and gums; and now I'm not even able to take him in at present. Things have got to get better (please God?)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sometimes cloudy, sometimes sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I so understand your concern for your precious Tang's teeth and gums. If possible - - if your little boy will tolerate you doing this, take your finger - - whichever one - - and run it around his gums. This will help with the circulation in his gums. If he won't let you do this, then try massaging his gums around the outside of his mouth. It sounds like he could be developing some gingivitis. The most important thing is to keep watch on how he is eating - - is it painful for him, etc.. He WILL BE okay, my friend. It sounds like he could use a dental cleaning at some point in time. As always, until you can get him in for a check, you may want to call the vet's office to see what you can do in the interim to help him.

I hope your trip to the unemployment office today has been fruitful and beneficial for you, my friend. With the IRS being inundated with returns this year because of the Affordable Care Act - - people filing returns even though they don't have to in order to qualify for assistance in paying their health premiums, it may take longer to get your tax return processed. I hope your refund will be issued quickly, my friend.

I received a notice in Saturday's mail that the second mortgage in the form of a home equity line of credit I had taken out several years ago to help cover the costs of finishing off the basement living quarters was being closed since the final payment had been made 2 years ago. The paper work I received indicated I needed to send a processing fee to pay for the lien to be removed from the property. So I called the company holding the second mortgage this morning and was informed that the processing fee was waived and they had begun the paper work to send to the county treasurer's office to remove the lien from the property. I should be getting confirmation from the county office that the paper work has been processed and the lien removed sometime in the next 90 days or so. I had been thinking about doing this so that the loan would eventually be shown as "fulfilled" and the account closed on my credit rating, so I'm glad this is being done.

So instead of having to make a trek to the bank to get a cashier's check for the processing fee, and then make a run to the post office to get that check in the mail to the mortgage company, I was able to get into my yard work clothes to resume the leaf and debris clean up in the back yard. Three hours later I had raked 4 bags of leaves, and had raked areas close to the wooded tree line to clear the debris and chaff that had collected through the winter months. There are still a couple of areas that need to be raked to clean up the chaff, and I hope to be able to do that later in the week. Once I get those areas done I will be ready to put some grass seed down. It's nice to be able to look outside and see the ground again.

Noah was glad to see me when I finished with today's task. I got my shower as quickly as I could so that I could get him his lunch. Just had a serving of soup for my lunch today. My precious little boy is curled up on my lap taking his nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and that your boy has plenty of sunbeams today at some point. I'm glad you no longer have to worry about the second mortgage - always a pleasant surprise.

My trip to the UE office wasn't useless in that I was told my online reopening of my claim didn't complete; but I still can't claim a check until the 23rd sad.gif As for my tax refund, it's approved and scheduled to deposit on the 12th per the web site. But it also includes a message about possible offset. My student loan is with Nelnet and not reporting default per my deferment request, but some company called Progressive states they have a portion. I dealt with them last year and gave up because they were so nasty, and still got my refund. I'm hoping I do this year too as I REALLY need it to not get kicked out of my apartment unsure.gif (any thoughts and prayers appreciated)

From the UE office I went down to the Dollar Tree as I noticed a sign that said "management opportunities, inquire inside" over the weekend. I was not really dressed for it then. I talked to the manager who said she's always looking for good people. She gave me an application and told me to register online. I'll take it back tomorrow. It would be nice to work close to home again. I also got a call from Robert Half agency about another job I applied for, that interview is Wednesday. This is all positive movement, but I really need that tax refund in the short term.

It was a nice day, so I allowed some balcony time, but neither Theresa or Tang stayed out very long. Both are well (thanks for the advice on Tang by the way) I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Well, I just found out from the FMS hotline that my tax refund was offset by about 90% sad.gif

So, as it is, I can just barely pay my rent with the late fee, but will have nothing for me or the kittles to live on until I can claim my UE check 03/23 - I went down there today and with the 16 day waiting period from when it's reopened, that's the soonest I can even claim a check. And even it will be offset 25% due to the over payment issue. I was really hoping and praying for the full amount of my refund to get by - now I really have no idea what to do........... sad.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me.

Tracy, I know this doesn't help you in the least little bit, but just the same please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers that this newest financial crisis will be resolved to your benefit. I truly am very sorry you are having to go through this - - again. You need to check with your legal aide society, or with Kentucky's laws on tenant rights to keep your apartment while you continue to look for employment. I know some areas have emergency assistance to help people pay their rents / mortgages in situations like these. You need to check into these options, my friend.

I DO know from first hand experience the panic that sets in when there are NO FUNDS coming in to the bank account, and the balance is literally reading zero - - with a mortgage payment due along with insurance, electricity, etc. - - at a time in our society when there was NO HELP available. You, and your precious Theresa and little Tang WILL get through this, my friend, and you will get through it TOGETHER. You and your precious companions are continually in my thoughts and prayers that you will find another job quickly, my friend - - one that will finally offer you financial stability. Please let us know how things go with Dollar Tree and your interview tomorrow with the Robert Half agency.

Noah is doing well, and is thoroughly enjoying today's sunbeams. It is the time of day when he knows lunch should be appearing in his bowl, and is letting me know that I need to "get busy."

I know today is already very stressful for you, my friend. Still, I hope in some way today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. A warm and sunny greeting to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and glad your boy is getting his sunbeams. Theresa and Tang are getting theirs now on the balcony.

It does help to have your thoughts and prayers, and I appreciate it. I know you understand what I'm going through. I should be getting 94.00 and change from what WAS a 864.00 return sad.gif Together with what I have, it will be enough to pay the rent but leave very little over the next 2 weeks upon which to live (next to nothing given the time frame). I'm currently on hold with SNAP; apparently I was supposed to sign some form and send back for the 6 month review. So, I'm trying to get that activated again. I had forgotten I had elected to get electronic notifications.

I dropped off my application this morning at Dollar Tree and have another interview with an agency across town tomorrow morning. I'm doing what I can to keep from drowning, so to speak (sigh) It's been a rough 4 years and the future is looking even more bleak than ever. I must have some pretty bad karma, I just wish I knew what it is I did and if or how I can fix it huh.gif

Just watching the kids on the balcony now with a nice breeze. Tang does not appear to have aspirations of any aerial acrobatics thank goodness. Thank you so much for your compassion and support my friend. I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, check with No Kill Louisville. They do have a pet food bank. Also, you can contact your local foodbank and get supplies there. Or you can contact Shively Ministries @ 502-447-4300 for help or contact St. Vincent DePaul (584-2480) for help. There are resources out there for helping you meet your needs. Don't be shy about contacting them as this is why they exist, to help people in need.
DannysMom
Just sent you a 16 lbs bag of Iams ProActive Health Senior Plus Cat Food. Should be there on March 14. Hope this helps. Please contact your local foodbank or some churches in your area. They should be able to assist you.
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom, and thank you so much. I haven't seen you around here in a while. I'm glad you are back.

Thank you for the contact info too. I was actually looking around online for this type of thing. Hope you and your girls are well.

Peace and Blessings. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm so glad DannysMom was able to offer you some help and recommendations. Please let us know how things go.

And please know you are in my thoughts and prayers today with your interview. I hope it will go well for you. Please let us know how things go.

The day started off with a beeping alert that something somewhere had a low battery. My initial thought was that it had something to do with the security system. So I called the company to ask for a technician to come check it out. I then turned the system off thinking that would eliminate the beeping noise, but it didn't, which seemed strange. Upon further investigation I discovered the beeping noise was coming from the batteries in the portable carbon monoxide detector that I have because of the propane emergency generator. Once I took out the batteries, the beeping noise stopped. So I was able to call the security company back to cancel the service call.

Shortly after that I received a call from Dr. Neel in response to my letter to her letting her know that I was transferring Noah's care to Dr. Bolen at the Clinic in Rocky Mount. She tole me she was very sorry about what happened when I tried to make an appointment for Noah to see her, and was very, very distressed about Noah being labeled a "bad kitty" by the vet techs. She assured me that she has spoken with each of the vet techs at the practice to impress upon them that in no way are they to even remotely be unkind to any of the animals under their care, and are to be kind to their human caregivers. She also told me that if I EVER need to have Noah be referred to them for "special" or "emergency" care that both he and I will be most warmly received. So, this is good news, and I'm so very glad Dr. Neel called.

However, this does not make me want to transfer Noah's care back to the Vinton practice. I am very glad to have Noah back with Dr. Bolen, and hope she will be able to continue his care for the remainder of his earthly journey.

We may be having some significant high wind come through the area this evening into tomorrow which may cause property damage and power outages in some locations. I am hoping and praying whatever damage may happen will not be significant, and that there won't be any power outages.

Noah is doing well - - now that the nasty beeping noise has been resolved. He is patiently waiting for me to go to the kitchen to get him some lunch in his bowl, so I will get this off to you.

Once again, my friend, I hope your travels to your interview go smoothly and that your interview goes well. I hope the contacts and assistance DannysMom have given you will also offer you some comfort and hope. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad you figured out it was your CO detector beeping and that you able to get fresh batteries. It's good Dr. Neel called to try and address your issues at her clinic and that you feel comfortable with Dr. Bolen. Yours and Noah's needs are paramount.

Since we had some pretty nasty weather roll through here this morning, I rescheduled my interview. This worked out pretty well actually because I got a call later in the morning. This from another agency for a gig at the water company downtown. The agency offices are across the street from each other, so I scheduled them back to back Friday. I spent most of the morning going round and round with TWC about my ever rebooting on it's own cable modem (phone and internet) I finally got through to a level 3 tech who managed to swing an all day appointment for tomorrow. It's the same as last time. I see the maintenance man in the box and few days later my modem starts rebooting. The last time it was a 4 way splitter on my tap. They gave me some numbers and links to security to report it too.

The contacts from DannyMom were helpful. I was able to leave call back messages. The IRS site still has my refund as pending, but the 94.36 was in my bank this morning as expected (sigh) And do you know that even though Progressive got all of that money from my return (most of what I allegedly owed) they are still calling here? Talk about adding insult to injury.

Theresa and Tang are both well. When the bad weather rolled out of here, I tried to allow balcony time but it was a bit too cold for their tastes. Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers, I hope they pan out. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very pleasant evening. TTFN
TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy chilly Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm so glad you were able to reschedule your interview from yesterday to tomorrow, AND that you have another interview scheduled for tomorrow as well. This is very good news, and I'm hoping you will receive a positive response for a job offer from at least one of them. Please let us know how things go.

I'm sorry you're continuing to have technology problems, and the TWC technician will be able to sort it out for you. High technology is challenging enough, and becomes extremely aggravating when you're constantly having to contend with "issues." Please let us know how this works out.

I received notification from my credit card company that the service company for my generator had charged me for not only the full amount of the service call for last week, but for the monthly payment amount as well. Talk about major hyperventilation!! I immediately called the service company and spoke with the office manager who - - upon looking closer at the receipt - - realized that I should only be charged the monthly installment. She sent me a receipt via e-mail indicating the reversal on my credit card for the larger charge, and I will be following up with the credit union to make sure this will be processed appropriately - - and quickly. WHEW!!!

Otherwise today is going okay. Noah has been served his lunch, and mine is on the stove warming.

Once again I'm so very glad the information DannysMom has given you looks promising, and please let us know how things go. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but colder greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm sorry to hear about the scare with the service charge, but glad you were able to get it reversed. Many companies count on customers nor being so vigilant. I'm glad you were.

TWC was out here this morning. A particularly nasty man telling me all the other techs didn't know what they were talking about. He was totally dismissive about the theft issue, but did look in the box (I watched) He did swap out the modem though. So far, so good (knock wood) If it gets worse, I will report it again.

Thanks for the well wishes on my interviews tomorrow. My gut is leaning toward the water company job, even though it's only a 12 month contract, that's still better than the others I've had. Plus it's downtown and therefore, easier to get to than the other one. We will see how it all pans out.

Theresa and Tang are well, but have not had any balcony time due to the colder temps. Looks like winter isn't quite ready to let go yet huh.gif I hope today is treating you and Noah well and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warmer not so blustery T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope the newest service on your cable will resolve the problems you have been having. I admire your ability to understand the different processes to work in this field, my friend.

I'm thinking of you today as you have your interviews, and am looking forward to knowing how they go.

Today I have been working on finances - - the major project being reconciling the checkbook with the monthly bank statement. It took a couple of tries with the calculator to get the same number twice - - so that part of the "finance-a-thon" is done. Cannot believe that next week sometime I will be working on the monthly "bill-a-thon" for April.

Noah is doing well. He has kept me company as I worked on the checkbook, and is now a very happy camper with a full tummy from his lunch. The timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is now ready, so I will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he is well, and hope you are too. Glad to hear you have your financials in order too.

Travels today were not so good, partially due to my own misunderstanding of where the second interview was located. The first one for the help desk didn't pan out due to it being in the express bus zone and 7P to 7A (not doable) But the rep wanted to get me with another rep from a partner agency on CS jobs; none were available though. They said they would be in touch.

On to the second one (water company) Well, they were 3 miles down the road, so I had to wait on the next bus making me about 20 minutes late. I called the rep and explained the SNAFU and she said come on in. The timing meant I had to wait about an hour afterward to get a bus downtown. The good thing on this one was that HR from the water company emailed her that they wanted to interview me the day after she submitted my resume - that was yesterday. My on site is supposed to be next Wednesday time TBA. So that's looking good. Wish me luck.

Getting home from downtown was no fun as I had to wait for almost an hour to get the one that goes by where I live. So, 8 1/2 hours gone for 2 20-30 minute interviews huh.gif Let's hope something good comes of it. Theresa and Tang are both well and I have just opened the sliding door to the balcony. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in before I shut this whiz gizmo down for the day, and am glad to share your news as to how your day has been.

While the transportation schedules were frustrating I'm glad to know you were able to keep both of your interviews today, and that your "first choice" with the water company continues to be promising. The fact that you have a second interview to look forward to for next Wednesday is good. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will have another job very quickly. Please let us know how things go.

I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are glad to have you home again safe and sound, and hope they are enjoying some quality balcony time.

My precious Noah is on my lap keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time for me to get some dinner in his bowl and then we can settle down for the evening. If the weather is decent tomorrow as forecasted I hope to be able to do some leaf clean up in the back yard that was blown into the areas I had previously raked from the gusty wind we got from the storm front that rolled through Wednesday night and yesterday.

Once again, my friend. I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam.

Thanks for your well wishes and support. Throughout the day I kind if saw signs. First, waiting on my bus to go downtown to go to my interviews, a little jeep pulled up and it was a water company tech checking the pressure and marking the sidewalk. The next was waiting for my bus to go back downtown and home, I looked down and I was absently standing on a water company manhole cover. I hope these are all good signs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Theresa and Tang are settled in for the evening after their romp on the balcony. I hope you and Noah have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Mar 7 2014, 06:29 PM) *
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a little warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad your contractor made it out to service the generator as promised - the second time around, anyway.

I have not heard back from KFORCE, but then it took her a while to get back to me the first time. Last I heard she needed to check my rehire status for Humana - but come to think of it, in the last 4 years or so when trying to get in there I have never had so much as one interview (sigh) I'll follow up Monday.

I also spoke to UE payments division today and she thought the 23rd was a bit far off too. She suggested going to a local office and seeing if they can manually back date it since it's just reopening an existing claim. I'll do that Monday too. I hope I can get that and/or my tax refund loose before the 15th so I don't have to pay a second rent late fee - bad enough they raised it 40.00 this last time around sad.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and did something today that made me so wish I had a camera. They were both curled up together in the recliner I watch TV in of an evening wub.gif Usually it's a struggle for territory and if one is already there, the other will find someplace else. That usually being Theresa, and from her position on the edge it was her that decided to snuggle up next to where Tang already was. I found myself hoping it a good omen for us all.

Not much else happening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

I can send you a camera. It's a 5MP, takes great pics, haven't used it all that much. I think it even does short videos. It comes with a good size SD card too. I'm charging the battery now to see if it still works. It's just sitting here, taking up space. Still got the manual too, and it has a 10x zoom.
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, check your account....just sent you $50 via paypal. Hope this helps you out until the 23rd.
Tom's Dad
Thanks DannysMom!

If you think you and the others here on LS would like to see pics of the babies, sure send the camera along. It will be put to that very use. Hope you, Miss Mindy and Shelley are all doing well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Yes, I would definitely love to see pics of your fur kids! And I'm sure others would too. I'll ship it out to you Monday if the battery's good (still recharging). It's a Kodak Z7590 and takes pretty decent pictures. Do you have a card reader on your PC or one of those little USB card reader sticks?
Tom's Dad
Thanks DannyMom. Happy Caturday, by the way, to you, Miss Mindy and Shelley.

I have several USB ports on my PC and an MP3 player that I use for music, but could probably be used as a flash drive if that's what you mean.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant gusty breezy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that the job opportunity with the water company comes through for you, my friend. But - - if for some reason it doesn't turn out to be a "good match" - - that other opportunities will present themselves which will lead to another assignment, preferably a permanent full time position. Please let us know how things go.

The sun is shining bright and cheery, so I donned my yard work clothes this morning and ventured forth to clean up the debris from the high wind that came through the area this week. In the span of 1.5 hours I raked two bags of leaves and debris just from this one wind event - - but as I was raking the gusty breezes returned, so I'm sure there will be yet another clean up job to do before I can finally say "this chore is finished for the season." I was also able to rake down the slope area at the garage end of the house where I had been able to get some grass seed down last fall. Since the wind was blowing down slope in that area it actually helped me clear that section of ground. There is a bit of a bite to the wind - - which is a foreboding of the storm that is forecasted to come through the area tomorrow and Monday, 3/17. Don't know yet if this area will get freezing rain / sleet combo or have some accumulating snow mixed in. It seems to be another event that the weather forecasters here just can't "get a handle on" what will happen. Another prime example of the adage "if you want to know what the weather is doing look out the window."

Noah is impatiently waiting for me to go to the kitchen to start getting him some lunch in his bowl, so I will get this off to you. He is soooo precious.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Mar 15 2014, 12:42 PM) *
Thanks DannyMom. Happy Caturday, by the way, to you, Miss Mindy and Shelley.

I have several USB ports on my PC and an MP3 player that I use for music, but could probably be used as a flash drive if that's what you mean.

Oh, I meant a card read for the little SD card that you put in the camera where the pics are stored. I have one that I can send you. You plug the card reader into a USB port and then stick the SD card in one of the slots of the reader that fits, in this case the slot on the right. Be careful never to touch the metal ends on the card. For this camera the battery goes in on the bottom and the cards goes in to the side. I'll send the charger for the battery as well. You can easily snap a few hundred pics before the battery needs to be recharged.
DannysMom
Good news! smile.gif The camera battery is still good and camera works fine. I will be shipping that out to you on Monday. Hope you enjoy it. smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thanks DannysMom.

Pics of Theresa and Tang: Coming soon to a LS theater near you happy.gif
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and breezy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you got quite a workout today. We are supposed to get some rain and colder temps starting tomorrow. Winter really does not want to give up the ghost this year ohmy.gif

I returned some books to the library this morning and picked up a hold, with another on back order. I'm really impressed at how quickly they get some books not long after they are published. It's been sunny and warm today, so I have tried to allow for balcony time for Theresa and Tang (who are well, by the way) but neither stay out long - and they seem to have misgivings about going at all unless they know I'm watching. I've been picking up some "buzz" of conversations downstairs and think perhaps they feel threatened by the garbage that call themselves tenants. Rest assured I'll be keeping a close eye on them and reporting any suspicious goings on. Still it's nice to let the warm air come in through the screen.

Thank you again for the well wishes on the follow up interview and for reminding me not to get my hopes up TOO much; I've probably done that a little too often. Not much else happening. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy soon to be wintry stormy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your errands yesterday went well and that your precious fur tribe had a chance to get some fresh air in their lungs during some balcony time, and hope your laundry time this morning went smoothly.

The weather radar is looking very colorful with shades of blue for rain, white for snow, and pink for sleet / freezing rain all headed this way to begin later this afternoon, continue into the night and through most of tomorrow. I am very glad I do not have to force myself to try to drive in this stuff to get to a job.

Speaking of jobs, I did not mean to burst your bubble in hoping to get the job with the water company. I am hoping and praying with all my heart that this job will be the one for you. Sadly, though, as you and I are so very well aware of, there are no "guarantees". My only concern is that - - if for whatever reason this specific job may not come to reality - - you do not become depressed about it but rather continue to forge forward keeping your options opened for current and future opportunities. Once again, my friend, I am hoping the VERY BEST for you with this job, and look forward to knowing how your interview goes on Wednesday, 3/19.

Not much happening here at the homestead today - - just taking it easy and sharing the day with my precious little Noah - - who is at my side letting me know it's time for me to get some lunch in his bowl - - which I will do when I get this sent to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold, cloudy and sometimes raining greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Don't worry, you didn't burst my bubble as it were. Just being realistic while at the same time supportive, which is appreciated. Laundry went fine with no issues. Due to to the colder temps and occasional freezing rain (with a possibility of snow, again) there has been no balcony time for Theresa and Tang. And they have both been pressing their noses to the window, bless their hearts.

Not much else happening here either. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
Jon730
Another great New Beginnings thread to teach us that finding a place to put the leftover love when a friend has to leave is how the healing starts.

We meet an animal friend. It gets deeper and better over the years. And it seems when the relationship hits its peak, then the cruel bill for the years of perfect love and trust comes due, all at once.

On first impulse, upon hearing a pet-ignorant person say, 'Just get another', and we want to take up a heavy object and do some amateur orthopedics upon them, we recognize a certain truth that it is not a betrayal of the lost friend's love, but a continuation in another book.

I lost my friend Miles on March 20, six years ago. It was a deep relationship. Across town, unknown to me, Ignatius the Great was four days old.
We met in April. He came home with me in Mid May.

My wife told me I had never smiled after losing Miles until Iggy came home.

I have had dream visits from Miles since, described elsewhere. It's OK.

On another note, if you work for National Grid, don't worry about me. We have a generator! A big one. laugh.gif
Tom's Dad
Thanks for stopping by Jon730 and sharing your story.

Tang came into my life via the Banfield Pet Hospital I had taken Sir Thomas for his treatments. It was when I was getting Theresa her own plan that I remarked how ironic it is that she's alone now since I went looking for another cat (which turned out to be her) to keep my by then 5 months departed boy company. The receptionist who had been there since 2005 when I fist started going there told me about Tang and that she thought we'd be a good match. Truer words were never spoken smile.gif
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, one more thing...do you have Photoshop or some other photo editing software? You'll need that to import the pics from the camera's memory card. Don't install the Kodak software that comes with the manual - it is old and outdated and NOT compatible with Windows 7. Here are some good, totally free image editors:

http://freedownloads99.com/gimp/

http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3000-2192_4-
10338146.html

http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/

Gimp is probably the best of them. Oh, the camera comes in a carrying bag as well which has been gently used. smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Hi DannysMom

No, I don't think I have anything like that, but I can take a look. If not, I can use the free downloads. It will be exciting to get some pics of the babies out here and on FB. Thanks again smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, cold, snow on the ground Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to know I did not upset you about your job hopes with the water company. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your interview on Wednesday will go well and that you will receive a job offer. Please let us know how things go.

We finally got some snow this morning mixed in with the sleet and freezing rain of last night and early this morning. There is a light ground cover outside but not enough to completely cover the entire ground. From today's forecast it seems this freezing rain scenario is supposed to last through Wednesday with temps then soaring into the 60's come Thursday lasting through the weekend - - just in time for SPRING!!! YEA!!!

Noah is doing well. He is settled down next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. I've got the big desk top doing its security updates and scans and will check on the progress of that in a little while. Otherwise nothing exciting going on today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but colder greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he is well, and hope you are too.

We got our snow last night. It was pretty, but thankfully didn't accumulate very much. Since the sun has been out, most of it has melted. I just got off the phone with the lady from the agency who confirmed my interview downtown at the water company Wednesday at 3:15. She said expect it to last no more than 45 minutes. I wonder what kind of questions will take that long for a garden variety CS job blink.gif Well, they were just audited a few years ago with huge upper management shake ups. So perhaps they are just being cautious. Wish me luck just the same.

With the colder temps, no balcony time today for poor Theresa and Tang, but they have both logged much time looking out the window. Both are well thankfully. Not much else going on. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. This weather sure is weird. One warm afternoon I'm out back in my so called flower garden nd the next day it is full of snow.

Kitties are still coming around, but Whitie looked like he had been in a big fight. I saw Bobtail across the street and I think he is the mean one. I'm getting tired of hauling bags of cat food from Kroger so I found some on sale at Amazon, free shipping. It is Meow Mix, big bags. I also found my potting soil there, free shipping.

I hope your interview goes well this week. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Give Sgt. Tang and Princess Theresa a special pat for me. I always think of angel Sir Tom too.

Here is a bit of info about my Kodak camera I got a few years ago. A USB cable came with it. One end goes in the camera to read the memory card and the other end goes in the computer USB slot to transfer them. Or I can take the memory card out of the camera and put it in the computer card slot. I don't use any software for the pics. But I do use a place online called Photobucket to do any editing and from there to the message board.

I hope you and furbabies have a warm and cozy evening.....God Bless....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey

Weird weather indeed. The snow didn't make it through the day here thankfully. I'm glad to hear the kitties are coming around, but sorry to hear about Whitey sad.gif I hope he'll be OK.

Thanks for the well wishes on the interview - I can use all the luck I can get. I hope today has been kind to you folks and that you have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, chilly cloudy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your transportation schedules will help your interview go smoothly tomorrow, and enable you to get back home in a timely fashion as well. Please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers for you to acquire a good job, my friend, and look forward to knowing how things go tomorrow.

I finally received confirmation this morning that the over charge on my credit card for the service contract on my emergency generator has been credited to the card. WHEW!!! So I have authorized payment for the monthly amount. I'm soooo glad that has been resolved. Worked on some preliminary financials today in preparation for the bill-a-thon in the next couple of days, and a load of laundry is in the squeaky dryer. Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is telling me my lunch is now ready. So it's been a busy day here with accomplishments to show for the effort.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad to hear you got your service charge situation worked out too.

The interview has been moved to Thursday at 8:15 AM, which is fine since it is supposed to rain again tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. I also received a call from Compucom directly asking what happened with my interview through Brooksource way back when huh.gif It's all the way over there in the express bus area. I told him I would have to be day shift. He said check the bus schedules and get back to him. It's the same guy I spoke with last time and, well, there just seems to be something about him I don't trust dry.gif Yeah the pay would be a little more, but that would be offset by the expense of the express bus and the difficulty of the commute. I think I will wait to see how it goes with the water company first.

Theresa and Tang are both well, except for a touch of cabin fever due to the weather, bless their hearts. Not much else going on. I hope today has been treating you and Noah well and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy gloomy cold Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your interview has been rescheduled for the morning hours tomorrow which I hope will make the commute easier with your bus connections. I understand your waiting to follow through with the Compucom referral until after your interview tomorrow. Follow your intuitions, my friend.

Not much going on today. The sunbeams are supposed to return tomorrow, and my precious Noah will be soooo happy, as will I. This unrelenting gloom has a very depressing effect on the spirits. I got a call yesterday evening from the service folks that my Husqvarna mower is now ready to be picked up. The service place is closed today, so I'm planning on making a trip into Rocky Mount tomorrow to pick it up.

My precious little boy has had his lunch and mine is in its final minutes warming on the stove, so I will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and cool (now) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. I'm glad to hear your mower is fixed and ready to pick up. I hope all goes well with that.

It started out rainy and gloomy today, but the sun is coming out now and we are sitting at 55 degrees. Currently Tang is exploring the fresh air on the balcony while Theresa naps in the easy chair. Both are doing well.

They moved my interview back 15 minutes tomorrow which is no big deal. But it's an interview "panel" unsure.gif No more than 3 people (so I was told in the email) I really hate those. The agency rep did point out that they did choose me out of many other candidates and thinks I'll do fine. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Nah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant windy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I do know how intimidating panel interviews can be, so I'm hoping and praying that your interview today went well, and that your travels went smoothly. I look forward to knowing how things went.

Was able to make the errand into Rocky Mount this morning to pick up the Husqvarna mower, so that's taken care of. My precious Noah was ever so glad to see me when I got home. We are both thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams today, and for the next several days as well. Looking at the clock it's time for me to start getting my precious Noah's lunch, and some lunch on the stove warming for me as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny a bit warmer first day of spring greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad you both had sunbeams today and that your were able to get your mower back.

The interview panel consisted of 4 people with 3 asking questions and all taking notes. They were fairly standard ones w/o the "where do you want to be in 5 years" nonsense. I was nervous but got the sense it went reasonably well. I emailed the agency rep when I got home and have received confirmation it was read. But, not a peep out of her so far. That's not usually a good sign (sigh) But I will let you know things as I know them.

Theresa and Tang are well and I tried to allow balcony time. Alas, they were not out there long. I guess it needs to get a tad warmer, especially in Theresa's case. I still think it's funny how she looks like an arctic denizen but prefers the heat happy.gif

Not much else happening. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.