Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
DannysMom
Oh Tom's Dad I am very sorry to hear about your day not having gone well at all and especially that Norton decided you weren't a good fit at that time. I've never been asked that question about my "passions", and I think if asked unexpectedly it can really make a person stumble. I guess since they're in the healthcare business a good answer could have been:"My passion is to help people." They were probably looking for something along that line that would fit in with their business. You could always try to apply with them again, but I do think the interviewer was somewhat harsh to stop the interview just because of that. I know it's hard to think about "passions" when you're dealing with the daily grind and just trying to keep your head above water. I hope another opportunity comes along real soon.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

I did manage to somehow work helping people in there, but by that time the damage seemed to have been done. I have not had an interview experience that bad since Humana - also heath care. I honestly don't know why the opportunity even cropped up if it was fated to fail. I know they say everything happens for a reason, but I can't begin to imagine how today's disasterous events could possibly reap any benefit to me at all. Just one more of life's cruel jokes I guess. I hope you Mindy and Shelley are well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sometimes sunny chilly very breezy Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Please permit me to add my sincerest condolences to yesterday's fiasco. Yesterday is over - - thank goodness, and hope today is treating you more kindly.

I am very sorry that the interview did not go well - - but from what you have shared with us it appears this is due to the interviewer's behavior - - not yours. Employers now do what is called "personality profiling" on interviews and job applications. For whatever it is worth consider yourself fortunate that you will not be working for this particular department at Norton. And if the interviewer was an HR rep - - well - - you may want to reconsider working at this office at all. I do know what it is like to have your hopes raised for a possible good job only to have them miserably dashed - - or appear to be miserably dashed. Standing back from the situation and you looking at it from an "employee interviewing the potential employer" perspective, - - and based on the behavior of the interviewer - - you need to ask yourself if you would really want to subject yourself on a daily basis to the type of behavior extended to you by the interviewer? Hopefully your answer would be a resounding "NO." Therefore, - - the EMPLOYER is NOT a good match for you. The EMPLOYER is the loser, Tracy - - not you. If the interviewer is any example of the acceptable behavior of the company, I would say RUN - - not walk - - as fast and as far as you can from there - - and don't look back.

The good news is that you already still have a job, even though it isn't an ideal situation, - - so just keep doing the good job you're doing, my friend, and continue to keep those options opened.

Today has been busy with errands, which I did get all of them done while I was in town. I stopped off at the Kroger in town to pick up some items I had overlooked on my list a couple of weeks ago, and did stop off at the gas pumps to get some gas for the gas can - - so now I can run the generator again to keep the battery charged. Took me 2.5 hours to get everything done and back home to my precious Noah who was eagerly anticipating my return at the upstairs kitchen door. The wind is still quite blustery with a cold bite to it, - - I will be glad when the wind calms down a bit. Temps are supposed to warm up into the 50's over the next few days. With a calmer breeze it may actually feel decent.

My precious boy has had his lunch and is now snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion taking his nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make after awhile.

My friend, I do so hope that today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The interview was with the dept. manager and supervisor (who remained quite silent) The fault is partly mine for not being more specific with my goals and not asking better questions. But, that being said, I had no idea how to respond to her line of questioning. In retrospect, you may be right about her "profiling" - Given all that and the fact it wasn't downtown which is really where I want to be (failing somewhere in my immediate area) it would not have been a good fit for me either. It was just very diappointing to waste my time even going out there. But I was determined not to waste the opportunity that the series of set backs going to work provided.

The upside of the loss of a day's pay is that I was able to get an hour of OT in the mornings every day next week, which should make up for it even if I have to wait a week. And this was going to be the first time in 5 months I was going to be able to pay my rent on time. I hope I still can.

Glad to hear you were able to get your errands run without too much fuss. I'm sure Noah was pleased to see you when you got home. It would seem he was, bless his heart. It's nice to know at the end of the day (especially bad ones) that our fur kids always love us unconditionally. Warmer temps are the way here too, and I hope they stay. Well, time to pack up and start the trek home to Theresa and Tang. I hope you and Noah have had a good day and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny bright cheerful T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sooooo glad you will be able to get some overtime next week to help give your finances a boost. You have had two days over a 2-week period that have thrown your finances off balance, so I'm hoping this overtime will help lessen the "deficit."

The tiller / cultivator is supposed to be delivered sometime today by FedEx. I know there is "some assembly required" on the unit, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can successfully assemble whatever needs it and be able to use the unit.

When I went into the garage this morning to get the gas for the generator I discovered I had a full 2-gallon can already on hand, so I took a chance and used that in the generator. I don't remember when I bought that gas, but it worked well. The generator started without a problem and ran for 45 minutes very nicely. With yesterday's purchase I did use a fuel additive that is supposed to help preserve the quality of gas over time, so I'm hoping this gas will serve me for the needs of the generator and lawnmowers over the next month or so. I also moved the fire wood back to the wood pile, as I don't think I will need to use the wood stove again this season. If I do I can always bring the fire wood back up to the porch.

Have lunch on the stove warming, and Noah is eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl, too. We are thoroughly enjoying the bright sunbeams today, as are the woodland critters. The birds have been singing quite cheerily today.

The good news is that today IS Friday, and when you leave your desk for the day you will have two days home with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. TGIF greetings to you and Noah.

But no go on the OT. All travel to Ohio has been cancelled. This is what facillitated the need for the OT; to cover agents out. So, no my finances will not see any of that benefit sad.gif It's always something....

I'm glad you got your tiller and hope that it's not too difficult to put together. I'm also glad your "old" gas worked out and hope the additive helps preserve the current supply. Nice weather has returned here in the Ohio Valley as well. But it's supposed to turn cold and rain again come Monday - how nice for April Fool's Day. I have a feeling that is not going to be a good day.

I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always. I hope that your day together is full of warmth and sunshine and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, very pleasant sunny cheery Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

What a bummer on the overtime!! I am so sorry you won't be able to get the extra funds, my friend. Just hang in here, Tracy.

Hope you were able to get any errands that you needed to do this morning done in a timely manner so that you and your precious companions can enjoy the rest of today, and the weekend, blissfully. Wondering if the weather is as pleasant in your neighborhood as it is here. If so, I hope your precious fur tribe can enjoy some balcony time.

Donned my yard work clothes this morning and gave the tiller / cultivator a twirl. It's PERFECT!! Could not believe how powerful the equipment is. It only took me 5 minutes to plow up a section of ground about 20 x 20 feet. So I turned my attention to raking up the collected leaves around the upstairs heat pump and got two more bags of debris cleared away. Then I finished up that task by raking the rest of the collected debris into the wooded section of the yard. And THEN I got some grass seed down!! YEA!!!! Many eons of years ago when I tried my hands at gardening (and miserably failed) I had purchased a long handle hoe which has traveled with me wherever I have settled through the years. So I used the hoe to work the grass seed into the tilled area. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow and for a couple of days this coming week, so I'm hoping this will help get some growth going.

Noah was very happy to see me when I finished and got back inside. Took my shower as quickly as I could as it was getting close to Noah's lunch time. He was very eager for me to get some niblets in his bowl as his tummy was running on fumes. We have had our lunch, and Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying the afternoon sunbeams coming in the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to wash and a trek to the mailbox after awhile. Am looking forward to getting settled down finally and enjoying some good viewing on HuluPlus.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, the loss of the OT is going to hurt. But Even so, paying the rent on time (and therefore no late fee) was dependent on this next paycheck being a full one. Since it won't, looks like I'll be late again. Either that or risk the check bouncing or NSF fees. And, I don't want to go down that road again (sigh) Sometimes, I don't think it will ever get better.

Errands were done today early on and balcony time granted. The usual of both going out. Theresa staying out for a while and Tang coming in when ever he saw me looking out as if to say "I wasn't gonna jump daddy" With the crazy weather my sinuses have begun to drain which is miserable. I got some allergy pills at the Dollar Treee which I hope helps along with the generic Tylonol sinus I have on hand.

I'm glad to hear that your tiller was helpful in your yard work projects and that you were able to accomplish so much. I hope that the coming rain helps your lawn to grow quickly and beautiful. Of course, then you'll just have to mow it wink.gif Speaking of the coming rain, it's supposed to turn cold again come Monday (high of 49) I'm sure this will do no good for the sinuses.

Getting ready to give Tang his cleaning, insulin, etc. Clean the litter boxes, food and water, etc. I hope you and Noah had a terrific day together and that your evening is warm and blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, misty Easter Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your precious Theresa and little Tang had a chance to enjoy balcony time yesterday, and that your little aerialist did his best to be trustworthy of the treat - - with your loving daddy supervision.

For sure it is the beginning of the sinus season - - the warm days now are awakening the grass, tree, flower pollen sources, which brings on the need for a stock of allergy / sinus meds. I hope the arsenal you have will help you.

I will be grateful for the grass - - and whatever else green - - that can sprout in the yard, as it is really looking quite bare, and this leaves the ground open for soil erosion, which I do not want. In many places I just took handfuls of grass seed and threw it down because there are some spots that are so bare. I'll keep you posted as to how things go.

Soon it will be time for me to start getting lunch on the stove warming, and my precious Noah will be looking for some niblets in his bowl as well. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sunday greetings to you and Noah. This morning started out all drizzly and gray. But I did manage to get the laundry done with no interference. The sun didn't actually come out until a couple hours ago. So while it's late in the day, I am allowing supervised balcony time. This time though it's Tang staying out while Theresa raids the food bowls (hope she does not throw up in one again)

Sorry to hear about the baren spots on your lawn and hope the grass seed will help it to bloom to fullness. Definately sinus season, and tomorrow's plunge in temp will not help blink.gif Even though the the allergy med says "non-drowsy" it still has me feeling light headed. Then again it could just be the sinuses themselves.

Soon, I will have to get Tang's needs seen to and the food, water litter scoop, etc. I hope you and Noah have had a good day together and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, turning coolish, gusty breezy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your laundry done without any competition to the machines. Having lived in an apartment setting for several years I understand how helpful this is. And am glad to know that your precious furkids had a chance for some balcony time yesterday - - an unexpected but much appreciated treat, for sure.

This morning I was able to get an early start to do some work in the front yard that has been pressing for many a year - - yep - - years. I have a cement statue of St. Francis of Assisi in the front yard that stands in the center of the front porch. It tipped over a few years back during one of the gale wind storms that we had, and it has been laying on the ground patiently waiting for me to stand it back up. Also, a few years ago I got a cement pedastal for it which has also been patiently waiting for me to put it in place for the statue to stand on. This morning I tackled that project. It was not an easy project for both the pedastal and the statue weigh at least 50 pounds, but I managed to get the pedastal in place. After failing many times to raise the statue to a standing position, I got my garden shovel to use as leverage and after several tries finally got the statue lifted onto the pedastal and in place. It is so nice to have it visible again. I am planning on tethering it to a couple of tie down stakes in an attempt to keep it from falling over again. That was a project all by itself, and when I got that done I was definitely ready to call it a day project-wise.

This afternoon has been busy getting caught up with financials and printing off receipts for payments made, so that's done. Tomorrow afternoon I will call my tax preparer to find out the status of my taxes - - hopefully he will have them ready for me to pick up.

Noah has had his lunch, and is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams coming in through the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Monday greetings to you and Noah. Sun has been playing hide and seek, but it's warmer than expected. I hope the trend continues.

Sounds like you got quite a work out today. I don't want to think about a wind that could knock over a 50 pound statue; you be careful out there my friend. I hope that you are able to get your taxes squared away soon; only 2 more weeks to go.

Been fairly slow here today which I'm sure is in no small part due to being fully staffed due to the travel cancellations. Well, as fully staffed as we ever get even with the temps sitting with current people. Scuttlebutt is the travel has been cancelled due to there being no reason for cross training; if you take my meaning unsure.gif

On the home front I'm disappointed with myself for being cross with Theresa and Tang. Theresa for throwing up in the food bowls, and Tang for scratching his ear a bloody mess. I know neither can help it, and with the change of seasons and my allergies acting up, it must be affecting Tang as well. I know we have talked about expressing anger because we are worried. But it still gets to me. I always try to reassure them that I love them and am just worried.

So, on that note, I will pack up to make my way home to them. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is cozy and warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Tuesday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your precious furkids had their challenges: Theresa with an upset tummy and Tang with his ear. It is frustrating when we see our precious companions not at their best physically. The good news is that they understand us far more better than we understand ourselves, and love us unconditionally in spite, and because of, who we are.
Hopefully domestic bliss has resumed in your household.

Yeah, after working with the statue yesterday I, too, was totally surprised about it tipping over. And several times I wondered if I should continue to attempt to stand it upright because I sure didn't want to end up with a hernia. But once I got leverage on it with the shovel, I was finally able to get the statue back to a standing position. And as of early this morning it was still standing, so that's hopeful.

I got a call from my tax preparer yesterday evening letting me know that my taxes are ready so I will be heading out later today when the office is open for business to pick them up. I'm planning on stopping by the hardware store to pick up a couple of tethers to use for the statue, and hope they help to keep it from falling over again. So I will probably not be back online today after I finally get home from this errand.

Noah and I are totally enjoying the sunbeams again today. As I'm writing he is on his bathroom window perch keeping watch on the woodland residents.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Sunny and chilly Tuesday greetings to you and Noah as well.

I hope the tethers work out for the statues; still be careful. That's good news about your taxes being ready, I'm sure that's a load off your mind. I'm glad you and Noah were able to enjoy some sun beams today. It's starting to look like spring time here too. Soon, perhaps, I can allow some evening balcony time. Assuming I can trust The Amazing Flying Tang. He seems to have learned his lesson though.

Speaking of the fur kids, I don't know if it can be called domestic bliss, but they always seem to forgive me pretty quickly. I think you're right in that our companions know us deep in our hearts better than we know ourselves. They truly are a blessing. I try to make sure I tell them that often.

Today was slow for the most part, but still busy at times. Who kinows how much longer any of us contractors have (sigh) I keep looking at the openings each day as time permits, and praying that I can find something less stressful and easier to commute to and from. So far, nada dry.gif

Well, time to pack up and get ready to head home to Sgt. Tang and Lady Theresa. Maybe, if I'm fortunate, Sir Thomas will send one of those beautiful sunsets he's so good at. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is full of peace and tranquility. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I do know how discouraging it is to want to find a decent job with financial stability with continued disappointment. Just keep doing what you're doing, Tracy, and please know you're in my thoughts and prayers that one day you will come across a job that definitely is available just for you.

Today has been busy with errands - - the primary one being a trip to the post office to get my taxes in the mail. Got there 5 minutes before the post office closed for the lunch hour. From there I had several other errands to run and thankfully they were all local. Finally got home to my precious little boy who was eagerly waiting for me at the big basement door greeting me.

And speaking of my precious boy, he has had his lunch and is snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap. Have a couple of bills I need to schedule payments on, so need to get that done. Also want to run the security updates and scans on the big desk top.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny chilly Wednesday greetings to you and Noah.

Thanks for the encouragement on the work front. Speaking if which, I'm posting late because I got stuck on a call until 5:45, and even that was only because I convinced the customer's phone vendor to pick it up tomorrow. Looks like I'll pick up an hour of OT Monday, perhaps a bit more in that week as it sounds like Ohio travel is back on. We'll see. I'll just keep looking and my options open.

Glad to hear you got your taxes off and other errands run in a timely manner. I'm sure it was joy for you to see Noah waiting for you by the door. Nothing beats that feeling.

Have the fur kid chores about done. They are playing "laser tag" on the floor of the living room now. Tape's in the VCR for Arrow and Supernatural. So just a few more tasks before settling in. I hope you and Noah had a good day and that your evening is most pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy cold Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad to know you may be able to get some overtime benefits after all. That will be a welcome boost to your financials.

Thought I would try to get some grass seed down in the front yard today, but the temps were in the 30's here at 11 a.m., - - not inviting or conducive to yard work. However, I must confess I am grateful for the rest after Monday's project with the statue. Need some time to recoup my energy levels - - another reminder that I am no longer a spring chicken.

So today has been basically a lazy one getting caught up with e-mails and enjoying the time with my precious Noah. The temp as I'm writing to you is just above freezing and we are getting steady snow showers which are supposed to last at least through the early evening and eventually turning to the original forecast of rain as the temperatures begin to rise. Snow is called "the poor man's fertilizer" - - so if it helps the grass seed I put down this past Saturday to begin to have some life, I'm all for it. The snow turned rain is supposed to clear out of the area by tomorrow afternoon, and Saturday is supposed to be decent weather and temp-wise, so that may be my next opportunity to get more yard work done.

My precious Noah just looked outside as he hears the tapping of what is now a mixed snow / sleet mess on the ground, shook his head, and has snuggled back down into his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his ears and eyes.

Still have the lunch dishes to wash and a trek to the mailbox to make, so best be getting me bones in gear. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and Thursday greetings to you and Noah.

Sorry to hear you're having snow in April blink.gif But hopefully it will help your grass like you said. Chuckling at Noah shaking his head (only thing missing is a sigh) at the snow. Also at him laying on his back, paws over his face. Tang SO does that, as did Tom. I think it's a boy cat thing wink.gif

Looks like I'll be getting an hour of OT each day next week. Yeah, it's a bummer getting up 1/2 hour earlier, but at least I'll be able to recoup most of what was lost from last Wednesday. Better late than never; but rent will be late this time around again (sigh)

Getting ready to pack up to trek home to Theresa and Tang. Cloudy but on the warm side at 50. supposed to be 70 by Caturday, hurray! I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to know that you will be getting overtime for next week. I know this will help you with your financials. Sorry that your rent will be another late payment this month, but hopefully the trend on this will begin to change for the better come May. Hang in here, Tracy.

What a difference a day makes - - and this includes the weather. The sun is shining bright and cheery with temps in the upper 50's today - - and there is no evidence of yesterday's "sneak attack winter surprise" left. Noah and I have been thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams today. The temps are supposed to be even nicer tomorrow, so I'm hoping to be able to get some yard work time putting some grass seed down in the front yard and tethering the statue.

Noah has been enjoying his post-lunch nap on his lamb's wool cushion. The birds are singing cheerfully at the moment so he has taken interest in what they're doing at the moment. It never ceases to amaze me how he can be sleeping so peacefully one moment and then alert and taking notice of activity the next. This is also a part of his genetic connection to his wild cousins - - my precious little Noah.

Still have the lunch dishes to do. Have continued to get caught up on my e-mails today. In about 45 minutes of so you will begin your trek home to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and TGIF sunny and warm greetings to you and Noah as well.

So glad to hear spring has returned your neck of the woods today. A customer on one of my calls today was telling a co-worker about it snowing in VA, and I thought of you and Noah.

Chuckling at Noah's sudden alertness. My kids do that too. I think you're right about it being a left-over from their wild cousins. Plus Tang DOES look a little like a tiger wink.gif I really need to get a cam so I can post pics.

Well, getting ready to roll on outta here to start my trek home to the fur kids for Caturday eve. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that you both have a pleasant evening together. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully you were able to get your errands done early so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this weekend together.

Tried figuring out how to tether the statue this morning to keep it from falling over again, but could not work it out. So for now the statue continues to be on its own withstanding the gale winds. So I turned my energies to getting some grass seed down in the front yard, and had some left over to give the back yard another layer of seed. So we'll see what happens. If the temps forecasted for next week hold true I hope to be able to get back outside and start the project of redistributing the contents of the many bags of leaves I raked during the winter months into the various wooded areas on the property.

Noah has joined me as I'm writing to you. He had been upstairs enjoying the sunbeams coming in through the west windows. I still need to do the lunch dishes and make a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon beam and sunny, warm Caturday greetings to you and Noah.

I didn't get as early a start as I would have liked. I started out at 10:30, and didn't get back home until about 1:45. I had to go all the way out to Kroger because I needed to pick up a prescription. As that's where it's on file, and my Drs office has been kind enough to honor the refill faxes w/o making me come in to the office, I have to go with that. It was also long past time for a haircut. I figured since I had to be out that way, might as well get it out of the way. So, I'm good for both for a while.

It's a beautiful day here with sunny skies and temp 73 with a nice breeze which allowed for some balcony time when I got home. Since U of L made it to the play offs, the one player gaining dubious fame for breaking his leg in a game, etc, I have never seem so many people wearing red blink.gif

Sounds like you had your hands full in the yard today. Personally, I think it might be wise to leave the statue alone rather than risk injury. I do hope the grass seed takes root and gives you a lovely lawn. Getting ready to give Tang his minsitrations and the other chores. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now the laundry is done and maybe your precious furkids can enjoy some quality balcony time today.

Sorry your errands took longer yesterday - - yeah, I know about the "late starts" which puts getting everything else done "later" as well. But glad you were able to get your med refills and a hair cut.

I promise you I will not deliberately risk injury with any project I undertake. I try to be mindful of that for I do NOT want to end up in a hospital or nursing home.

This afternoon beginning at 3 p.m. the MeTV channel is running a 4 hour marathon on the oldie but goodie TV series "The Untouchables" with Robert Stack as Elliot Ness. I am looking forward to watching this.

Not much else happening as Sundays are always low key here. Soon I will start lunch warming on the stove, and my precious Noah will also be eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl, too.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yep, the laundry was done with no problems. Just getting to balcony time now as my morning was a bit disrupted. Insight has been after me for months to get my phone update (at no charge, of course) So, I did it today. They are getting away from the old POTS lines and going with the true VOIP that business has had for some time. It's taking some adjustment. The modem for phone and internet are now the same, which it nice in that those ugly boxes are off my wall now. But, I can't turn off the power grid to it when I'm gone like I used to. If I do it takes forever for the modem/phone MTA to come back up. Plus I have a new remote number to check messages. Luckily it's the same local number as business, and I happened to remember it.

Glad to hear you are taking it easy with the stautue project. I know how independent you like to be (me too for that matter) But it's not worth landing in the hospital, as you said. The Untouchabes, huh. I remember that show. I recall hearing that the real Elliot Ness never got a dime from the show, which is too bad. I hope you find it enjoyable.

Not much going on here. Getting ready to take care of the kittles and settle in. Have to remember to set my alarm 1/2 hour earlier for the OT this week, which will be nice for the pocket, but not so much in the extra load due to agents out (sigh) This too shall pass, right? I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is is peaceful and calm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, beautiful Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Technology updates can be helpful, but they do take some adjusting to as well. Hope your new phone techology works well.

Got some bills scheduled for payment, so everything for the April payments is now taken care of. When I mailed my taxes last week I mailed them certified with an electronic return receipt verifying delivery. So this morning I went to the USPS website to check on the status of them. I got a delivery verification for the State taxes, but - - there is no update for the Federal beyond the confirmation that I mailed them last Wednesday. The IRS was supposed to have received them on Friday. If the USPS website does not provide me a confirmation of delivery by tomorrow evening, I will stop by the post office on Wednesday when I bring Noah home from his check up to try to get some form of confirmation that my Federal return has actually been delivered - - that it is not lost somewhere. Yeah, this has me a bit on edge.

Otherwise - - Noah and I are enjoying having the big basement door open and gated today - - temps in the mid 70's. Have turned off the space heaters, too. Very nice indeed. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Occasionally sunny and warm (72) Monday greetings to you and Noah.

I do hope that your taxes get where they need to be on time. I know that can leave one feeling very stressed out. I hope you get some good news on that on Wednesday, and that Noah's check up has him with a clean bill of health. It does not seem so long ago you had that scare with him. I'm so glad that he's feeling better and back to his old self.

Looks like I will get an hour of OT every day next week too. So, while this week goes to "make up" next week's will actually be extra. Well, not really when I consider 2 missed days so close together (sigh) But that's life. At least I'm getting there. I've had a couple calls about jobs, but they pay a little less than I'm getting now. Still, it's nice to even be getting calls; makes my outlook a little better.

Today was not too busy for a Monday, but the week is young dry.gif Getting ready to pack up and go home to Theresa and Tang (best part of the day) I will try to enjoy the spring weather the next few days as rain and cooler temps are supposed to return. I hope you and Noah had a great day with the wonderful weather and that your evening is blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gorgeous Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to know that you will be able to have overtime again next week - - I know this will be very helpful for you. While it's nice to get calls about potential jobs, it would be nice if they were for jobs that could at least offer you the same pay you're making now - - but even BETTER would be MORE income than what you're currently making. After all, that is one of the primary reasons for changing jobs - - MORE PAY. I hope soon you will get THE CALL that will offer you a good job, better pay than what you're currently making, and will be in a location that will be provide you a much easier commute.

The status of my federal tax return is looking better: Today the USPS website updated the delivery information to show that my return arrived in Kansas City on Saturday and is in the process of being delivered. Since the IRS office is closed on Saturdays, delivery had to be deferred until the next business day - - which was yesterday. So, all I'm waiting for now is delivery confirmation, - - which I hope will be provided on the USPS website tomorrow. At least I know it isn't stuck somewhere in a holding bin or postal worker's mail pouch.

Ordered some of Noah's favorite canned food today which should be delivered sometime next week at the latest, which will be soon enough. Temps have been in the low 80's today - - it is soooo nice to have the big door open again for fresh air and to enjoy the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. Noah is keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Soon I will need to make a trek to the mailbox, and I am looking forward to the walk in this gorgeous weather.

In about an hour you will begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang - - the best part of the day. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sunny, warm, and breezy Tuesday greetings to you and Noah today. Thanks for the well wishes on the job front. But, in the mean time, OT is nice. Posting early today as I need to go to Kroger for kitty food and litter before going home.

Speaking of which, I'm glad to hear Noah's food will get there on time. Also glad to hear your tax forms are on the move to get where they are going.

We did not have to take calls until after 11 today as the phone system was down just for us. So, residential was getting them. I doubt they bothered to trouble shoot anything as I saw a slew of emails rolling trucks and escalating. I feel sorry for the techs. We don't roll that many trucks in business in a whole day. It was busy when it came back online, but didn't last too long thankfully.

It's sunny and 79 here with a nice breeze. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because rain tomorrow night and Thursday, with cooler temps (50s) by Friday and Saturday. I hope the weather stays nice there for you and Noah, and that he has lots of sunbeams. 45 minutes to go then Kroger and home. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very pleasant Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope you were able to get your errands run on your way home yesterday in a timely manner so that you weren't too late getting home to your precious fur tribe.

Noah had his senior wellness check up this morning. Dr. Bolen did an ultrasound on his tummy just to make sure that everything has healed properly internally, and received a good report. He was due for his Rabies booster in June, so we agreed that it would be expedient for him to get it today so that he does not have to endure another trip to the office in 2 months. So he is all set now until October, unless there is a concern that arises in the meantime.

I did stop off at the post office on our way home to inquire about the status of my federal income tax forms. The CSR was able to go into the Kansas City post office website which gave me a confirmation that it is logged into the IRS log book and is waiting for an IRS employee to show up at the post office to collect the mail - - at which time I will receive a delivery confirmation. So, this added piece of information helps to put my mind further at rest that it isn't stuck in the bottom of a bin somewhere in the system waiting patiently for someone to see it and say, "Oh - - here's another envelope for the IRS - - guess it needs to get delivered."

Thought I might make my grocery run this afternoon since I was already dressed for errands, but decided to wait until tomorrow as I didn't want to leave Noah alone after we got home. He was a bit unsettled for awhile after we got home - - but now that he has had his lunch he is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams from the west windows.

Still have the lunch dishes to do, and continue working on the grocery list for tomorrow. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and pleasant sunny and warm Wednesday greetings to you and Noah.

I actually get off at 5:30 but my bus comes at 6:00. I used that time to run to the Kroger by work and back to my bus stop with 5 minutes to spare. That's why I posted early. I also got lucky in that the route I like to take the rest of the way home (meaning the #18 that comes closer to home) the 6:15 was 10 minutes late. So, I actually got home a little early. The kittles appeciated that smile.gif

Glad to hear that your precious Noah got a clean bill of health. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave him alone after the vet visit. I'm also glad to hear that your tax forms are making their way to where they need to be. I can imagine that Noah is loving the sunbeams, as do Theresa and Tang. I don't know about where you are but that ends tonight with heavy rain and then temps dropping to the mid 50s Friday and Saturday. It was nice while it lasted. dry.gif

Well, time to pack up and get home to the kids with the relief that they won't run out of food or litter now. I hope you and had a good day after you got home and that your evening is peaceful and pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels home Tuesday with your packages went so well - - and got you home earlier to your precious fur tribe earlier than normal. I can just hear them celebrating "YEA!!! Daddy's home!!!"

I'm so glad I waited until today to do my errand runs. Was able to get my special prescription toothpaste for sensitive teeth and gums refilled before going across the road to Kroger for groceries. As always it was good to get home to my precious Noah who was eagerly anticipating my return at the big basement door. Before I left the house UPS delivered his canned food, so I was able to get the package inside before heading out for errands. There must be a new driver on the route out here for the package to be delivered so early in the morning - - which is nice rather than having to wait for delivery well into the evening hours.

When I logged into my e-mail lo and behold I received a notification and delivery confirmation of my federal tax forms. Amazing!!

Have lunch on the stove warming and Noah is keeping his food bowl company on his table patiently waiting for his lunch to be served as well. He is sooo funny - - and soooo very precious.

One more day to go before another weekend arrives, which I know you are looking forward to being home with your precious companions. But I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and Thursday greetings to you and Noah. Colder and rainy here, unfortunately, and it's supposed to stay cool until Sunday.

Travels home last night were not so good. First bus was 10 minutes late and barely caught the second one. It was on time but Market street was a parking lot for 4 blocks as the celebration at the Yum Center was letting out. Yeah U of L won the NCAA championships, so what? (grumble) I ended up getting home 10 minutes late. Oh well.

I'm glad that your taxes were received and that you were able to get you errands done and home to Noah. Good that his food came too. Chuckling at him patiently awaiting his lunch on his little table.

Well, getting ready to pack up nd go home and it looks like it's steady rain (sigh) Can't wait to get home to the kids. I hope you and Noah had a good day with lots of sunbeams and that your evening is most pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny T G I F afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Here it is another Friday and in another couple of hours or so you will begin your trek home to your precious companions who will be able to enjoy having their daddy home with them for two days.

Today has been busy with balancing the checkbook with the bank statement and getting payments filed with receipts. Much to my surprise I discovered that my VA tax refund has already been direct deposited - - amazing. Now all I need is my federal refund and I can close the books on 2012.

We got some steady rain during the night and early morning, which I'm happy for and hope that it will encourage the grass seed to grow. From the looks of the back yard I won't need to do any mowing anytime soon, but will need to give the front yard its first mowing in a couple of weeks. The sun has been shining nice and bright for most of the day, so Noah has been able to enjoy the sunbeams today.

It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow and sunny, so I hope to be able to get more outside yard work done. The trees are budding now and the birds and squirrels, and other woodland residents, are actively working on refreshing their lodgings from the winter and windy storms.

Noah has had his lunch is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the west windows. Will do the lunch dishes after awhile. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and cool sometimes sunny TGIF greetings to you and Noah.

Weather is supposed to be the same here for the next day or so, warming up Sunday. Posting early because I have to go to the bank for the rent certified check (sigh) before heading home.

Glad to hear your first tax refund hit the bank and hope your federal is on it's way. I hope that the rain does your grass seed some good too.

My first bus was late yesterday too, and I found out why. According to the driver there is construction on one of the IS ramps and they won't let her detour. How silly is that? Oh well, it's supposed to be done over the weekend.

It's been a typical Friday in here with staffing and call volume, and I'll be glad when it's over. Then, as you say, I can head home to my precious babies and have a whole weekend together. Last night they both slept in the bed with me which was very heart warming.

Just under an hour to go now. I hope you and Noah had a good day enjoying the sunbeams and that you have a peaceful and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope you were able to get your errands done quickly today so that you and your precious companions can enjoy the rest of the weekend together.

Was able to work outside today and got all of the raked bags of leaves redistributed in the wooded areas of the property. So that project is done. There are still many projects on the list to do. While I was outside Noah kept a loving vigil watching me from the windows. I was glad to get my shower when I got done, and am now enjoying the rest of the day with my precious Noah keeping me company.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make. Am enjoying watching a tribute program to Carol Burnette on the PBS station. I grew up with her comedy - - she is an amazing woman.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and a sunny but cool Caturday afternoon to you and Noah.

I got an earlier start today and only had to go to Dollar Tree and Save-a-Lot in my neighborhood. I got home around 12:30ish. As usual I had to go find Tang in one of his hiding places to clean is ear and give him his insulin. He is perpetually convinced that Caturday is always vet day; bless his heart. I allowed for balcony time while I put up what few groceries I got. But neither seemed interested for long. Perhaps it was too cool.

Glad to hear you got more of your outside tasks complete and chuckling at Noah keeping his eye on you. I did notice that Carol Burnett tribute in the guide but forgot about it. Her show in the 70s was a staple of my childhood in Arizona; never missed an episode. My favorite parts where when Tim Conway would try to get Harvey Korman to break character and crack up laugh.gif

Well, time to give Tang his second round of minsitrations and feed and water him and Theresa. I finished up Torchwood (Dr. Who spinoff) and got it mailed off and received my next Dr. Who today. I never had any interest in the original series (1963-1989) but the 2005 "reboot" is really good. I hope you and Noah had a really good Caturday together and have a most wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your errands done early yesterday so that you and your precious fur tribe could spend the better part of the day together. Hope your laundry time this morning went smoothly as well.

Glad you're enjoying the Dr. Who series. That was a program that I could not "get into" for some reason. I know during one of the seasons the gentleman who portrayed Dr. Who also portrayed the character of Tristan Farnon in the "All Creatures Great and Small" series which he did very well.

Have been enjoying a lazy day with my precious Noah. The birds have been singing quite cheerily today. Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the west windows. Still need to do the lunch dishes.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and sunny, warm Sunday greetings to you and Noah as well.

Laundry done this morning on time, no unexpected visitors. I never liked the original Dr. Who series either. But after watching Torchwood on a reccomendation (a spinoff of the new series) I decided to give the 2005 remake a try. MUCH better. Better effects, stories, all of it. And with 7 seasons worth, it'll keep my Netfilx queue full a while. I did not know that about Tristan Farnon; thanks.

Glad you were able to enjoy a warm sunny day with Noah; same here with the kids. I was going to allow balcony time a little while ago until I spotted a nasty looking wasp/hornet hovering about (sigh) Some other time I guess.

Not much else happening here. Getting ready to give Tang is 2nd round of minsitrations and food, water etc for him and Theresa. Another day in the pits starts tomorrow, but the 5 hours of OT each week makes it a little less bleak. Hope you and Noah had a great day and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad to know you and your precious fur tribe had a good day yesterday. When I have the big door open and gated once in awhile a bee / wasp / hornet will wander inside. I keep an old broom by the door so that I can escort the wanderer back outside. I share your concern about letting your precious companions have balcony time with a stinging critter lingering around. Although your precious Theresa and little Tang may have been disappointed about not having balcony time, they know you love them and you are such a good Forever Dad protecting them from being stung.

It is quite chilly here today with temps only in the 50's and damp from the clouds and humidity. So I finally decided to turn on one of the space heaters which has been helpful. Also did a load of laundry, which led to an unexpected major project when I went to put the clothes into the dryer. When I put the lint collector basket on the top of the dryer so that I could get the clothes out of the washing machine, it fell behind the machines. I was hoping it fell behind the dryer which is much lighter and easier to move - - but alas, it fell behind the washing machine. So I had to pull the dryer out to get behind the washer, but when I pulled the dryer out the vent pulled away from the hook up behind the dryer. Yeah - - Murphy's Law "Nothing Is Ever As Simple As It Seems" certainly applies here. It wasn't a total waste as it gave me an opportunity to clean the collected dust from behind the machines, and I did finally get the vent reattached to the dryer, and got the washing machine back in place as well. Glad I did this before Noah and I had lunch.

Speaking of my precious boy, he is upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time before dinner. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I'm so glad you are having the opportunity for overtime this week. May these extra funds bring you good fortune. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and cloudy, but warm breezy Monday greetings to you and Noah.

I'm sorry to hear about your lint filter mishap. Sounds like my kind of luck. I'm glad you were able to get to it and hope you didn't hurt yourself in the process. Glad to hear Noah got his lunch in time. I imagine he was patiently awaiting you at his table.

Today has not treated me so kindly at work today (sigh) One mess after another I had to clean up from sales. Funny how they never have to fix our stuff, huh? And always getting free food to boot. dry.gif

But (takes a deep breath) it's over for now, and I can pack up and go home to my precious Theresa and Tang for the evening. I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day and a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cool Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that yesterday was a "Monday" for you at work. Yeah, I share your consternation about having to "clean up" after other people with customers. I hope today is better.

Life here today is more tranquil with my precious Noah and me - - no laundry machine "fix its" to do. I will get a dryer vent extension when I go to the hardware store.

Not much going on. Have been getting caught up on some e-mails and doing some internet "window shopping" for homeowner projects still on my "to do" list. Noah has had his lunch and is upstairs enjoying some private time and sunbeams through the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. Cloudy, warm breezy (and hopefully not raining until I get home) Tuesday greetings to you and Noah.

Thanks for the well wishes, but "Monday" just seems to continue. With just one sup here (the other out sick, but no notice on that actually) he went to Ohio with an agent. Didn't tell us in email, messenger, nothing. Just left and we only knew because the "real" employees put out a message in the group chat. Very professional, wouldn't you say? And of course, all the crazies took that as the cue to call. Even the manager wasn't here; but when is she ever? If this does not spell out be on the look out for another job, I don't know what does.

All that said, I'm glad you and Noah were able to spend a peaceful and pleasant day together with lots of sunbeams. With the weather you have been having, you both deserve it. Two down, three to go. So comes the time that is the only sliver of light in my day (aside from your kind posts of course) when I pack up and head home to Theresa and Tang. Perhaps if it doesn't rain, there may be balcony time. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening my friend. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, dampish Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like this week may be one that you will definitely say "good riddance" to come Friday when you begin your trek homeward for the weekend with your precious fur tribe. You haven't mentioned lately any evening meetings - - are you still having them? I agree with you totally that it is always wise to keep your options opened for alternative employment, my friend.

Not a lot happening here today. Am still enjoying a lazy week with my precious Noah who has had his lunch and is upstairs enjoying some private time for awhile. In about an hour he will come back downstairs eagerly letting me know that he wants my company.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and ominous looking but warm(ish) breezy Wednesday greetings to you and Noah.

Today was a little better. Even though short handed, we did have a sup and not as busy. The callers were even nice and didn't give any push back on trouble shooting; as opposed to "NO, I won't do that, just send a tech!!" We did have a slew of rogue calls (as they called it) from an area code in Texas where nobody was there and even knocked us off our legitimate calls. That was fun.

Yes, there is a meeting next Tuesday night (yuck) for which I have a ride. Looks like that'll be the only OT that week. But the migration starts after that and I'm sure there will be plenty then.

Glad to hear you and Noah are enjoying some relaxing downtime. Chuckling at his coming to find you for attention. As if to say "MOOOOOM, where are you?" Tang does that too; sounds like a large bird of prey when he meows laugh.gif

Speaking of which, it's time to pack up and get home to him and Lady Theresa. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening in most enjoyable. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, coolish Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad to know yesterday was better for you at work. Perhaps yesterday's "rogue calls" were hackers into your system? Whatever the cause for losing connection to your clients it's aggravating.

Noah and I are enjoying another lazy day together. The main event for the day is that the annual "Invasion of the Ant People" began this morning, as there were several ants marching across the kitchen counter when I gave Noah his breakfast. So I have put out new ant traps behind the fridge, under the kitchen cabinet, the cabinet next to the stove, and under the stove - - so hopefully this will help to subdue and eliminate the massive invasion we went through last June after the huge wind storm that went through the area. My next trip to the hardware store may include picking up a couple of outside ant traps.

Allergy season has hit here BIG TIME -- last night I had to take a Benadryl to stop the sneezing fits. I know when I do the first mowings in the front yard that I will need to take a Claritan before hand.

Noah and I have had our lunch, and are enjoying having the big door open and gated this afternoon for fresh air and listening to the sounds and songs of the woodland residents. Noah is curled up next to me as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox later on.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and warm, cloudy, breezy Thursday greetings to you and Noah.

Sorry to hear about your allergies and ants. The latter is one issue I have not had to deal with. I hope the medicine and the traps help. I'm sure Noah is enjoying the nice weather too.

Today was not as good as yesterday, but not as Bad as the first 2 days. A co-worker shared with me that his boy cat's ear suddenly got swollen up like cauliflower ear (not sure what that is) He said he'd know more fom the vet later today. Made me sad. One more day to go before this week is history, and none too soon. I'm SO tired. Getting ready to pack up and get home to Theresa and Tang. It's supposed to rain pretty heavy tonight, with thunder. I hope it waits for me to get home. Poor Tang is still terrified of thunder. I don't think he'll ever forget that night he was abandoned. I always assure him he's safe with me. I always thank Tom for guiding him our way.

I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening in most peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stormy Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It is only about another hour to go for you until you are able to begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe. I know you will sincerely appreciate having the weekend with your precious Theresa and little Tang, and hope you will be able to get some beneficial rest.

Today's project was cleaning the bathroom commode which is always a project scrubbing the iron and sulfur stains. The major homeowner project this year will be having a new water conditioning system installed which will help to significantly reduce the need for intense scrubbing. The conditioner I have now is 15 / 16 years old, and is no longer able to handle the task.

We are under a tornado watch / severe storm warning until 10 p.m. tonight, so when I get this posted to you I will be logging off the computer for the day. Noah had gone upstairs after lunch to enjoy some private time, but came back downstairs to be close to me when the thunder started rumbling overhead. We had a bona fide gulley washer outside a little while ago. The weather is supposed to remain on the coolish and unsettled side for the next few days, so there won't be any outside projects for awhile. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and cool and cloudy TGIF greetings to you and Noah.

Sounds like you got your hands full with your bathroom project. I hope you don't get too bad storms. Sounds like Noah and Tang have a bit in common where it comes to thunder. Bless their heats.

Today has been pure agony. The usual 4 agents off, the 2 in Ohio. And, literally non-stop queue with nasty people all day. I never went more than a minute between calls. I can't remember the last time that happened blink.gif

So, that being said, I'm keeping it short and sweet tonight; I hope you understand. I am not walking but running out the door to get home to my precious kittles. I hope you and Noah had a great day and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cool Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like yesterday was rough and am sooo glad you were able to make a quick exit to get home to your precious companions who are thrilled to have you home for two whole days!!! YIPPEEE!!!

Hope you were able to get your Caturday errands accomplished quickly so that you and your precious companions can enjoy the majority of this weekend together.

Once the gully washer ended we didn't have anymore storms. Seems the worst of the storms stayed south and east of the homestead here. Temps are supposed to be below average for the next several days.

Yeah, the bathroom cleaning chore is not one that I look forward to tackling but - - that's life. This morning I cleaned the bathroom sink which was not as intensive as yesterday's project.

Noah and I are enjoying a lazy afternoon. He is upstairs at the moment enjoying some after lunch private time with the sunbeams coming in from the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox after awhile.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny and cool Caturday greetings to you and Noah.

Indeed, yesterday was not good. I'm afraid it's only a preview of things to come with the transition looming. And the heck of it is, after it's all over I'm sure we contractors will get told (without so much as a thank you) "Get out" I still believe in Karma though, so if there is any justice in the world, little miss Queen Bee will get hers. I'm guessing she will have one of her "tantrums" with the wrong person, in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Too bad I probably won't be there to see it. But, as you say with your bathroom project, that's life.

Speaking of which, I hope that's coming along well for you. I got up at 9 today and was done with my running and home before 12, which was nice. I've been allowing balcony time, but neither Theresa or Tang seems interested for too long a time. Perhaps when it's a bit warmer.

I expect the background noise to kick up a bit with the Thunder Over Louisville nonsense that opens up the Derby Festiville going on today. No military aircraft this year, so maybe it'll be a little less noisy (my neighbors not withstanding)

It's been a lazy Caturday over all, and am getting ready to get the evening tasks done before settling in. I hope you and Noah had a good day and that your evening is peacful. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.