Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to get your fridge fixed yesterday and that is working normally again. I'm hoping this new job potential may lead to something very positive for you. Please let us know how things go. DannysMom has given you very good words of encouragement: "Hang on to those day dreams no matter how silly. Hope keeps us alive, and we need something to hope for and to hang on to." She is sooooo right.

Had a brief version of stormy weather early yesterday evening, but nothing compared to the 4 hour onslaught of Monday evening, thank goodness. The sun is shining bright and pretty today - - drying up all the dampness so either tomorrow or Friday I will be mowing the front yard again.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The 'fridge was fixed, it was a clogged condensation line as I suspected (the ice) I have not heard back from that agency from yesterday, not really expecting to either. Either I flubbed the phone interview, or her account manager decided she didn't know what she was doing. It was from out of state and seemed squirrely anyway. I also got another rejection in my email today for another job, the cable company this time. The fact is, I KNOW I'm qualified for these jobs. So perhaps there is something about my resume', or they feel I'm too old; they just want 20 something kids. I guess a 40 something like me is out of luck. It's 2001 all over again sad.gif I think a new round of depression is under way. I napped for over 3 hours today (deep) have not done that in a while...

No rain here today, just sunny and in the 80s. Theresa and and Tang are the usual. Just another day, another disappointment. I hope that you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
leejaye
Hey Tracey, Just a quick note to tell you I'm thinking of you and sending all the good energy i can to swing that job your way, take care my friend and give the lovely Theresa and Acrobat Tang their favourite pats, and please accept a huge hug for yourself, Leejaye
Tom's Dad
Thanks for stopping by leejaye. I hope you and your little man Purzi are doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I do understand how frustrating and depressing it is to get rejections for jobs you KNOW you are qualified for. I had been going through that for 7 years, Tracy, trying to change jobs from the abominable venomous snake pit of my previous employer. The difference between us is that YOU are still a young man with many years of GOOD employment ahead of you. So I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that one day - - very very very soon - - you will get a call for a job that will be THE PERFECT one for you. Just keep doing what you're doing, Tracy.

Today has been a busy one mowing the front yard. I had to do the entire front yard today so it took a little over 2 hours which included 3 or 4 rests in the cool of the garage. I'm not a youngster anymore, but I'm glad the time outs help me to get the job done. The deer were in the back yard this morning but I guess the sound of the mower in the front yard frightened them. I'm sorry about that. Hopefully they will still feel safe to some back again.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Glad you were able to get the mowing done; I'm sure the deer will come back because yours is a "safe place". In your opinion I am young, but not so I am finding in the eyes of many employers. I got another email on a job I posted for that wants to do the "click words to describe you as opposed to how others expect" Today. Remember when shrinks used to say there are no wrong answers on those? Not anymore. I imagine I have another rejection in the pipes.

Oh, remember that grant scam I was almost a victim of that Cat Mom's post saved me from? Well, now they are coming at me in the mail from the job search sites as employment offers. They send a check and say spend this much at this store, this much at another as a mystery shopper. Keep X amount for yourself and send back the rest. Sound familiar? Both checks were drawn on supposedly US banks with Canadian post marks. I mean job search sites? How low can people get? I tore them up. I got a call from some such group wanting me to sell insurance. Poor thing was obviously reading from a script and nervous as all get out. Oh well, at least she has a job.

Yesterday I got a memo (we all did) on the door saying they may enter to inspect ceilings, sliding doors and windows tomorrow. From my time here that's code for we want to catch somebody doing something wrong. I just hope it's not me for those emails I sent a while back. I made the mistake of sending to the generic address instead of the manager directly. And it would not surprise me if the owner got mad and is looking for a way to get rid of me. I hope not, I don't need that right now.

I hope you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant sunny Friday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I hope your apartment inspection goes okay today. When I rented there were periodic inspections then, too. Unless you have done something drastic to the inside structure I doubt you will be at risk for eviction. The good news is that you will be there on site to see what the inspectors do instead of having to wait until you get home from work or errands. Please let us know how things go.

Yeah, those scamming spammers are the pits. And if you block one address you get the same junk from another one - - block that one and the game goes on and on - - unless you know how to set e-mail filters that block certain types of spam. Anymore when I see an e-mail that I don't recognize I delete it.

Unfortunately more and more employers are using "personality profiling" for hiring employees. My ex-employer is doing that, along with every other job vacancy I had applied to. The thing is that goes both ways. I continue to hope and pray that you will receive a POSTIVE response from a vacancy you have applied for that is the RIGHT match for you - - not just a job out of desperation (although I DO understand that as well).

Not much going on here today. Am doing some laundry and have the big door open and gated so Noah and I can enjoy the sounds and songs of the woodland critters. The locusts have been continually singing for at least a couple of weeks now 24 / 7. Thank you for your encouragement about the deer - - I do so enjoy seeing them come inside the fence and feel so at ease. I wish there would come a time when they would feel comfortable staying while I worked outside. Perhaps in time - -

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hope you're right about the inspection. But it's not even been 3 weeks since I sent those emails about the neighbors (And I was not remotely nice) Management here is very vindictive. The spammers are not sending that stuff to my email but to my actual postal mail. Can't "block" that. I assume they are getting my info from my resume' on the job boards. Speaking of which, I got the new hard copies. Thank you so much!

Not much going on here; Theresa and Tang seem to be doing OK. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad you received your updated resumes. I hope they bring you good fortune. Junk mail - - ugh. Yeah, the only thing you can do with that is shred it. Sorry you having this annoyance to contend with.

One load of laundry done perhaps I'll try to get another load going in a bit. That will leave the comforter left to do -- another day.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It would appear someone else was the target of management's "inspection" I always know that they are after someone when the memo starts with we "may" be entering your apartment listing several buildings that there is no way they could inspect in the course of a single workday. Just glad it wasn't me. The resumes look great, thanks again.

Not much else going on. The kittles are restless because they know it's getting close to can food time. Sigh, where does the time go. This is now the longest I have been out of work in 5 1/2 years. Hopefully that will change. I can only hope and pray. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT

*UPDATE* Looks like I spoke too soon on the inspection. They will be back 05/21 with an office staff member is tow (sigh)
Tom's Dad
I'm thinking I should just quietly go away. I can think of two certain sisters that would love that; they could continue their high school popularity mentality cult. But, it's more than that. I don't seem to be posting about Tom, Theresa, and Tang anymore. Well, at least not directly. I post about my day to day struggles with unemployment, my Draconian apartment management and the like. And while I suppose that does affect my fur kids, it's not what folks come here for. No, I think should just fade away into the mist. Perhaps, if God is very kind He will take me and my family to a better place. One can dream....
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ May 18 2012, 11:07 PM) *
I'm thinking I should just quietly go away. I can think of two certain sisters that would love that; they could continue their high school popularity mentality cult. But, it's more than that. I don't seem to be posting about Tom, Theresa, and Tang anymore. Well, at least not directly. I post about my day to day struggles with unemployment, my Draconian apartment management and the like. And while I suppose that does affect my fur kids, it's not what folks come here for. No, I think should just fade away into the mist. Perhaps, if God is very kind He will take me and my family to a better place. One can dream....

Tracy, don't even think that. Me and other folks do like to read your posts, and we certainly DO NOT want you to go away, because we would greatly miss you. We see your struggles, and you are in our thoughts and prayers. You are important, your struggles are important. Please hang in there. Never, never, never, never give up! Sometimes when you least expect it things will get better. Keep hoping, keep believing! You can do it. We are all rooting for you. Never mind the sisters. God bless you and your little fur children!

Hugs,
DannysMom

Tom's Dad
Thanks DannysMom

I will try to think of something about the kids or related to them to post. In the mean time, I don't really have anything....
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I want to wish you, sweet little Theresa, and Sgt. Tang (remember him?), a happy Caturday. I hope no one is causing you to feel bad. Your problems do affect your furkids and I know your problems will be solved when the time is right. I don't stop by every day because I don't have any cats to talk about, well, maybe that little stray Blackie should count....I gave him some too cold meat yesterday aad he wouldn't eat it. So I microwaved some more and put it on top, so he ate it all......He sassed a raccoon the other night, but he let him eat the dry food.

Well, Tracy, you hang in there, and give your sweet furbabies a belly rub for me. It's a beautiful day today and maybe they can get some balcony time if the sun isn't too hot......I'm always thinking of Angel Tom too. Wonder what he and Angel Mickey are up to? smile.gif .....Prayers are always said for you and furbabies...TTFN

LoveMyMickey
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ May 19 2012, 12:13 PM) *
Thanks DannysMom

I will try to think of something about the kids or related to them to post. In the mean time, I don't really have anything....

I hope you and the kids are having a nice weekend together. Try to relax and watch funny movies. Laughter is good for the soul, and when everything else is so depressing it is important to keep our spirits up. I hope moon_beam will send you a really nice note today to lift you up.
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey. Glad Blackie is doing OK; might want to make sure he has fresh water on a day like this. Sounds like he and the racoon are coming to terms. Angel Mickey and Angel Tom are hopefully having a ball up at the Bridge.

Thank you DannysMom - nothing funny on TV today, but thank for the suggestion. It's hard to feel up with no job prospects and that stupid inspection coming Monday. Hope your Angels Tina and Danny are well up at the Bridge too.

The kids are doing OK, no balcony time today as it's too warm not to have an adverse effect on my AC, which certainly can't afford. Hope all is wel in your worlds. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Caturday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Please let me add my sincere hopes that you will not fade away from us. You and your precious furkids are important to us, Tracy. But the decision is yours to make.

Today has been a busy one. I have been going through most of my important papers - - mortgage, insurance, etc., - - trying to bring more organization to the chaos. This took quite awhile but now I have papers organized and just need to type and print out labels for the file folders. Whew!!! That has been on my "to do" list for quite awhile, and today I was finally up to the task.

Noah and I are enjoying having the big basement door open and gated to enjoy the sounds and songs of the woodland critters as we watch the Preakness event on TV. Soon it will be time to get my Noah his dinner - - he is already on his table in the kitchen patiently waiting for me to fix it for him. His tummy is an "alarm clock".

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I absolutely agree about the water for Blackie. We add fresh water to his bowl morning and evening. I have seen him stand there and drink for a long time.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cozy evening and a blessed week.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you have been able to make a dent in your to-do list. It's not that I want to fade away, it's just that I don't seem to see the point. I don't know what to post about anymore. Perhaps being out of work and being at home with the fur kids so much, I'm starting to take things for granted and not seeing the beauty of the "little things" It's the kind of funk I really just don't know how to break. The last time I was out of work so long, I ended up entangled in one of the most horrific mistake of a relationship out of a low sense of self worth. Though the likelyhood of that happening again (I have NO interest in making personal human connections like I did 11 years ago) is nil, I'm afraid some other disaster will come up. Well, I hope Noah enjoys his dinner and that you both are doing well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tracy, I for one would greatly miss your posts, even if you don't really know what to post about anymore. Please hang in there, and do not give up. Maybe a job for you is just around the corner. Have you tried job fairs or volunteer work that could lead to a paying job? Please don't give up. And don't think about disasters. Try to find something positive, anything, even if it's just the tiniest little thing. Hang on to hope! Dare to dream, and never, never, never, never give up!

On a lighter note I wish I had made a bet with moon_beam about the horse race today. I sorta had an inkling that "I'll Have Another" would win. With a name like that I figured he deserved it! smile.gif

Mindy and Shelley have settled down. Shelley found the little kitty condo that's part of the big cat jungle gym that I bought years ago. It used to be one of Danny's favorite napping spots. I wish she would gain weight. She is so thin and gaunt and looks more like an old cat than a 1 year old. I put some high cal food in her bowl, but Mindy ate it! sad.gif And she really needs to lose some weight! Mindy and Shelley kind of look like an odd couple together, sorta like Laurel and Hardy. Mindy has short little legs and is chubby, and Shelley has long legs and is thin. I'm hoping that maybe this got you to smile just a bit. smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thank you Andrea

Your story did make me smile briefly. It also made me think about how Tang has intuitvely sought out Tom's old favorite spots to relax. I had a similar issue with Tom's special RX diabetic food - as in Theresa would swoop in and devour it even though she didn't even need it! You might try the reverse of what I did to keep Tom from taking Theresa's can food - put Shelley up in place that's separate from Mindy. You might also try hand feeding her treats. While human food is not reccomended on a nornal basis, it might help to put some weight on her in the short term.

My big issue with the inspection is that the manager has commented in the past about my lack of housekeeping skills. I mean I vacuum every other night and I don't leave food or dirty dishes out; actually I'm paranoid about that because I HATE bugs. I take my trash to the dumpster regularly. But living alone, I have more than my fair share of dust and paper type clutter. I'm thinking she is looking for something to rag me about to put me out because I had the gall to complain about neighbors again (the reason she cited 2 years ago) But this time I have a lease and then I didn't. But, you know what? Putting people out is pretty hard legally, absent not paying rent. So, let her come. I have decided not to let her intimidate me. Perhaps I will put HER off balance asking why she has gone through so many asst. managers and leasing agents in that same amount of time.

Anyway, I hope you and Mindy and Shelley are well, and thanks for stopping by TTFN

TTT
leejaye
Dear Tracey, Ditto on DannysMom's words, I would also miss your posts! That's ridiculous that the manager should comment on surface muddle in your apartment, what business is it of theirs? I am generally a good housekeeper but filing defeats me, I tend to file in stacks of paper too, and if there's a bit of dust? The world will not come to an end...hope Theresa and Tang are doing well and reminding you of what is real, take care my friend, Leejaye
Tom's Dad
Thank you leejaye

It's more than a "bit" though. But you are right. I finally figured out who she reminds me of. Bernadette on The Big Bang Theory. Cloyingly "sweet" on the surface, but a vindictive witch in reality. Thanks for stopping by, and the encouragement.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang greetings from Noah and me on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I ditto leejaye's assessment of housekeeping chores "The world will not come to an end" with the "lived in" look. Good thing no one does a white glove test here - - for real. Let us know how your "inspection" goes.

Today is another beautiful day here in Virginia. Noah and I are enjoying having the big door open listening to the sounds and songs of the woodland residents. I hope today is being kind to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Like I said it's more than a "lived in" look, I freely admit. But complacency and depression will do that. I did however, just a little while ago, tackle a project. I cleaned what passes for the dining area off the living room and kitchen. I got some boxes and trash bags and totally cleaned off what seemed like a mile high pile of clutter of the dining table, wiped down the table, walls and vacuumed really good, etc. At least it's on obvious sign I made an effort. I don't even know who from the staff will accompany the "inspector" for the ceiling and windows (so the meno said) but if it's the manager, I will do my best to ignore her catty comments. Theresa and Tang wasted no time with an "inspection" of their own wink.gif Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN
Tom's Dad
I just realized going back to the beginning of the post - Tomorrow it will be 1 year to the day I brought Tang home to be part of our family. Happy one year aniverssary Sgt. Tang!!!
DannysMom
Good evening, Tracy! It's been raining all day here, and my girls have been taking turns looking out of the opened window. I was so chuckling when I read your post about your cleaning effort! smile.gif As long as you vacuumed and it looks half-way decent they can't really say anything. Just put on a smile and kill them with kindness! smile.gif I can relate about bad managers. We had one here years ago who, without warning, had my prized arp rosemary bush pulled up, leaving a gaping hole in the ground. This is the first time in my life that I cried over a plant. It had grown from a tiny little plant into a beautiful bush, providing my neighbors with rosemary for their cooking.

Congratulations on Sgt. Tang's 1 year anniversary tomorrow! smile.gif Would you mind sharing again where you got him and why he's named Tang? Is he an orange tabby?
Tom's Dad
Good evening Andrea.

I'm looking over at the dining area with a feeling of accomplishment. It's a small thing but definately noticeable. Funny you should mention tearing up a plant (I'm sorry for that, by the way) Here, they tore up all the lovely evergreens along the back sidewalk of the property where I liked to walk and had a good view of from my balcony. They say they are going to plant something else, but now it just looks so barren.

I got Tang when I brought Theresa in for her first wellness plan exam. I mentioned to one of the ladies behind the counter I know pretty well, that's it's ironic. I had adopted Theresa from the front of the PetSmart where the clinic is for company for Tom. And now she's alone. Well, she told me about how one of the nurses found Tang in the rain abandoned by their neighbors who moved out. It was pouring down rain and he was trying to get into the garage. She already had 2 dogs and 3 cats and could not keep him, so she brought him to the clinic to be cleaned up and put up for adoption. They let me Theresa and Tang into an exam room to "get to know" He seemed sheepish but affectionate. Dr. Mills came out to tell me about the tumor that had been removed and the heart worms (did you it's not generally fatal in cats, but neither is it treatable?) I said after dealing with Tom's diabetes, etc, this would not be so bad. The rest is in my first post. Yes he is and orange Tabby and his full name was Tangello. The counter lady and I both decided just Tang was better. For her part is was because her ex husband's name is Angello. The "seargant" part came from a character in a Star Trek TNG novel I'd been reading at the time.
leejaye
Hey Tracey, Happy one year to you and Sgt Tang!!! And well done on conquering the dining room stack, you have inspired me to attack mine today (I've had 2 weeks holiday from work and kept meaning to do it, and now today is the last day of holidays...). Hang in there my friend, hope you and the kittles have a peaceful evening, Leejaye
DannysMom
Tracy, that is such a wonderful story about how Tang came into your life. Thanks for sharing it again! Orange tabbies are sweet cats. I had a female orange tabby named Twinkie (she just looked like the famed snack), and she was a little darling. Very tiny, only weighing 6 pounds. She always came when I called her name, just like a dog. I think I like Tang better than Tangello too. It sounds like a great name for him! smile.gif

I didn't know Tang had heart worms. I know they're not treatable. My vet lectured me on heart worms and showed me what damage they can do to a cat's lungs. I just hate using the Revolution though; I just don't like all that chemical stuff. I wish there was something more natural.
Tom's Dad
Leejaye, DannysMom

Thanks for sharing in Tang's aniverssary. Theresa and Tang are enjoying some balcony time while it's still under 70 degrees. I'll let you know how the "inspection" goes. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this bonus sunny Monday. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Congratulations on your and your little Tang's one year anniversary. You and your furkids have earned a time of celebration - - so enjoy!!!

So glad you have a good feeling of accomplishment with cleaning your dining room area. I hope the inspection today went smoothly.

It has been another busy day here working on "organizing" more important papers. I think I have done everything I can for the time being unless I come across more things that need attention.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, hard to believe it's been a whole year!

Glad you were abale to get all your tasks done today. No inspection (big surprise, they know I'm home) The 'fridge started acting up (won't keep anything cold!) and after 2 calls the guy is here. Says the thermostat is whacked. He's looking for either another thermostat or another 'fridge in an empy apartment. Looks like I lucked out; the people across the hall are moving out and they swapped that one. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
leejaye
Hi Tracey, Hey some luck with your fridge!! Hope it's the start of heaps more for you! How are the kittles going? They don't know anything about finances, so bet they have been quite pleased about your extended time with them - I never asked, is Tang all ginger, or ginger and white like Pursz? Hope the day is kind to you my friend, Leejaye PS I never got to cleaning the dining room table, oh well, just have to wait a bit longer!
Tom's Dad
Thanks leejaye

Yes, lucky about the 'fridge. Although, it took most of the night and nearly the highest setting to get it as cold as I like; which will probably add to the electric bill (sigh) I'll keep an eye on it an play with the settings. Tang is Ginger and white, mostty on his chest. But he has what appear to be subtle stripes throught, and a ringed tail. A regular little tiger. Thanks for checking in and pats for Purzi. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this sunny, sometimes cloudy Tuesday afternoon from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Adding my good wishes for your new fridge. I hope it will keep your food cool and frozen better than the one you had.

Today has been a very busy one, and I am ever so glad to finally be home with my precious little Noah. Since I needed to go into town to get Noah more rations, I made the most of the trip by loading up the car with all the recyclables that have been collecting in the garage for about a year now and took them to the regional collection center in the city. That was QUITE a chore. It took me a half hour to load the car, 45 minutes to drive to the collection center, a half hour to unload the car. Then over to PetsMart to stock up on Noah's favorites, over to the vet's to pick up his dry food, a stop at the bank, then home. I left the house at 9:30 and got home around 12:30. Dropped off the packages in the garage and loaded the Snapper mower into the car and took it to the local hardware store. The rep did not come last night as arranged, and by around 7:30 last night I suspected he had forgotten about it - - which is easy to do on a Monday. He was very apologetic when I went into the store, and he came right out to the car. Helped get the mower out of the car and he, too, had a hard time getting the mower to start. At one point during his attempts the rod that you have to pull up toward the handle that engages the starter and engine literally fell off the mower. Once he got that back in place the mower started without any difficulties. He started it twice, and then turned the mower over to me to make sure I could start it -- and I was able to do it without any problems. Before neither of us could get the pull cord to pull briskly - - it was being stopped like half way through the pull. Since that rod was put back in place properly the pull cord pulls out freely like it should. The thing is - - before the rod fell off the mower it looked like it was in place properly. So I'll need to keep a check on that now that I know it can loosen like that. He didn't charge me anything for his time - - which took about 5 minutes total. He helped me get the mower back in the car, which was very kind of him. I finally got home around 1:15 - - and my Noah was soooo glad to see me, and I was sooooooooooooo glad to see him. I am sooo tired, but it's a good tired - - I accomplished a lot today. I'm planning on taking the rest of the day off and spending LOTS of time with my precious Noah.

We had a strong storm come through last night - - tripped the power a couple of times but it came back on in after a few moments. The same pattern is forecasted for this evening. Typical summer-type storms. It's hard to believe that this coming Monday it will be Memorial Day.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you went through quite an ordeal with your mower. I do hope it continues to function properly for you. Good for you for recycling. I too had some errands to run as my my UE check came today rather than tomorrow as it has been. I still ended up forgetting a few things so I will probably have to go back out tomorrow (sigh) But at least the bulk of it's done. The fidge seems to be working well at setting 6 (the old one I had between 4-5) but it's a different unit, so that may be normal. Theresa and Tang are truly enjoying all the extra space available to them in and around the dining area now. But I'm having to "retrain" Theresa not to get on the table. Not much else going on right now. Hope you and your precious little man Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

So glad you got your UE check came earlier than anticipated, and hope you were able to finish your errands today. I'm smiliing at your precious Theresa's re-claiming the dining room table. She's probably thinking that it's about TIME!!! If all else fails you can put a cover over the table so that she's not scratching the top of the table with her nails.

Today I did the monthly "bill-a-thon" and have things ready to pay as payments are due. And I finally got the labels typed and printed off for the folders and have everything filed back in the safe. So that chore is done. Not much else happening at the homestead today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you had another busy day. I imagine it feels good to get to the things you put off while you were in the "pit"

I did get my errands done. Since I only needed a few things, I took the bus out to the Kroger. On my way back home, there was an old man on the bus with a cardboard sign that read "No money, no food, please help" He looked down on his luck, but not like most folks whom you would suspect as a professional pan handler. So, I gave him $5 - Sometimes I think God shows us these things so we realize that while we may have it bad, others have it worse. He talked my ear off and I could hardley hear what he was saying, but that's OK.

Yes, I imagine Theresa is reclaiming her perch. She looks at me like I'm crazy when I shoo her off the table. It's time to clean Tang's ear and give them their can food. It's funny, when I say "can food?" to Tang he seems to know exactly what I'm saying. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN.

TTT
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ May 23 2012, 06:00 PM) *
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, I imagine Theresa is reclaiming her perch. She looks at me like I'm crazy when I shoo her off the table. It's time to clean Tang's ear and give them their can food. It's funny, when I say "can food?" to Tang he seems to know exactly what I'm saying. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN.

TTT

Cats and tables! Sigh! I have the same problem. Shelley has gotten into the habit of nagging me for fresh water in the morning when I come into the kitchen. She keeps whining until I fill the water bowl with fresh water from the faucet. She is almost like a little baby, kind of needy, but in a sweet way.

I am glad you got a new fridge and that they passed you over for the dreaded inspection. Well, at least you got a clean table now! smile.gif Give Tang and Teresa a pat on the head for me.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

Tang pretty much bugs me for what ever I'm having any time I'm in the kitchen. I'm thinking that was a nudge from Angel Tom wink.gif

The fridge works great but it wobbles. I think it may have lost one of its little legs in the move from across the hall. Oh well, at least it keeps my food cold. I didn't get passed over for the inspection, it was a day late. So any apartments they entered of people not home, they technically did so illeagally since it didn't match the notice date. But I let it go. It really was just what they said. The maintenance guy and two insurance adjusters with a camera to take shots of the ceiling. I guess I cleaned for nothing. But It really does look better.

Hope you and your girls are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

It was very nice of you to give you the man on the bus 5 dollars. Hopefully he will be able to get a hamburger and enjoy it. You are so very right, my friend, when you say "Sometimes I think God shows us these things so we realize that while we may have it bad, others have it worse." This is why come the end of the day I always try to thank God for His many blessings in my life - - even when times have been so very dark.

The problem with organizing things is that the more I organize the more I find that needs "organizing". Oh me - - what a mess!! The good news is that the immediate project is now finally done. A couple of years ago or so I bought a small Dell laser printer to use with my lap top, and today it has done nothing but jam on me. It simply will not feed the paper or labels through. So I had to fire up the desk top computer and print what I needed from the big Canon. Hmmm - - there always seems to be something to deal with when it comes to computers and printers.

Noah and I saw one of the deer walking in the woods outside the fence this morning, but no visits inside the fence now for a week. Sigh - - I do miss their visits. But Noah and I enjoyed a good game of soccer and volleyball, and lots of hugs and snuggles to pass the time. Doesn't get much better than that!!

I hope today is being kind to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, technology can be frustrating. The printer I have is nothing more than a paper weight. I don't think the drivers are even available anymore - at least not for free. Feline soccer and volleyball; you will have to tell me how that works sometime. Don't worry about the deer, my friend, they will be back. I think animals, like people, like to "shake things up" from time to time. Tang's been worrying me with occasional coughing (the heart worms) but he's been shedding more as the heats rachets up these days; so maybe hairballs. Daily brushing is in both he and Theresa's near future. Got a call from agency about a job and another email rejection. At least there is some balance to that (sigh) I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm so glad you received a call for a job. At this point I know it must be hard for you to have "high hopes" so I'm keeping this in my thoughts and prayers that this is a good opportunity for you. Please let us know what happens.

I'm chuckling at your description of your printer being a paper weight. I have a few things around the house that are in a similar state that were originally purchased for different purposes. After I shared the problem with you yesterday I gave it another go including another round of dumping it upside down and shaking it, etc., I was finally able to feed plain paper through it, and the following "test prints" went okay. So I'm hoping whatever was clogging the works is now fixed.

Today I mowed the back yard and started using the Snapper. I was able to get it started and focused "phase 1" of the job on the lower end of the slope. In the middle of "phase 1" the self-propelled motor would not engage. I NEED the self-propelled motor to help with my leg and hip going up the slope. With much difficulty I was finally able to pull it up the slope and upon inspection I discovered the belt that engages the self-propelled motor had broken. So it is now once again out of commission. It's an easy fix - - it's just a royal nuisance. Next week I will be getting groceries when I got othe post office and I'll see what funds are in the checking account for yet another repair. This is turning into the "summer of the Snapper." I was able to finish the job with the other mower. This is the precise reason why I have TWO mowers.

Noah received a big puff ball for Christmas which he absolutely LOVES playing with. Soccer is his swatting the ball on the floor toward me, and me nudging the ball back to him with my feet. And so the game goes on until he jumps up on his window box. That's when volleyball begins. I will toss the ball to him and he will catch it with his front paws and kick box with it and then pitch it back to me. Sometimes when I toss it to him he will just swat it back to me with his front paws - - hence, volleyball. This is such fun!!! He really gets into the play time, now. He used to have two feline companions to play with, but now he is "stuck with" just me. It has taken him these past two years since his baby sister's transition to the angels to have any interest in playing again. I am sooooo glad to be home with him now 24 / 7 so that we can enjoy this play time together.

My little boy has been keeping faithful vigil over me working today and over the past several days, - - he is really tuckered out. He has been napping on his lamb's wool cushion this afternoon - - and snoring a bit now and again. Occasionally he has lifted his head to see what's going on and then slowly his eyes close again and his head begins to nod and the next time I look at him he's stretched out in a new position with a big smile on his face. It's close to his dinner time, and I guarantee you he will be WIDE AWAKE when his tummy tells him to be.

This is all the news from here for today. I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And once again, please let us know how things go with your job search, Tracy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hi Tracy,

just wanted to wish you and your fur kids a good Memorial Day weekend. The girls and I are doing okay. Shelley had her spay surgery today. Sigh! It is such an ordeal for her to have to wear the e-collar. I know I could never have put such a thing on Tina. When she got spayed they used regular stitches back in 1998. She tugged at them a few times, but she was okay otherwise. Shelley's stitches are dissolvable on the inside and on the outside they used surgical glue so that she has nothing to get a hold of. I feel so bad for her, but this soft e-collar is about the best I can do for her. You'd think that in the 21st century they would have some better method of keeping them from bothering the incision. Kind of reminds me of that one Star Trek movie where they go back in time and 'Bones' examines a lady with kidney problems at the hospital and exclaims:"Dialysis! What is this, the dark ages?" (or something like that).
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

So sorry your mower is giving you such trouble. I hope you can get it fixed with a minimum of fuss. Smiling at your explaination of you and Noah's sporting events. Last night Theresa got a wild hare and was "stalking" all around the dining table. I finally figured out Tang was under there and she was trying to get up a game of "chase me" but Tang was totally not interested; poor Theresa. It's like that though, when one wants to play the other does not. But I'm glad that cleaning that area has given therm more room to relax and play.

No new progress on the job hunt today sad.gif I did find a couple to apply to though. I try to do that every day. I figure the law of averages has to turn up something at some point given the numbers, right? At least, I hope so unsure.gif

Well, speaking of feeding, it's time to clean Tang's ear and a round of can food. I used to feel a sense of relief on Friday evenings as it was the end of the week, and the whole weekend ahead of me (especially with this being the eve of a holiday) Now, it's just another day dry.gif Hope you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hello Tracy!

Just stopping by to wish you and furbabies a:

"HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY" weekend.

God Bless....

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey -

I hope you, your husband and Blackie have a good holiday weekend as well.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

It's warm here today with temps just around the 90 degree mark. Noah and I have been lazying the day away for most of it. I finally put the big comforter in the washer, so that's done now.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please let us know how things go with your job search.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

90 here too - hot! What happened to spring? My interenet was down again this morning. There is still a little over an hour on the ticket. It's been up most of the day, but I'm not making the mistake of canceling like I did last time. Kittles are having their can food now. Hope you and Noah have a great holiday weekend. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.