Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. How marvellous that your beloved Sir Thomas sent you butterflies to let you know he is with you.

It is sad when we see precious souls abandoned by their human caregivers. It is fortunate she has been able to join a community colony that has you looking after them.

Temps are only in the 70's with low humidity and a nice breeze as I'm writing to you, so the big door is open and gated today. It has been at least 2 weeks since my precious Noah and I have been able to enjoy having the big door open. He is settled very contentedly next to me listening to the sounds of the locusts and other woodland residents as I'm writing to you.

Hopefully by now you are well on your journey home to your precious fur tribe who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, expedient, and cool so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm but not too hot greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and glad to hear you were able to have the big door open to enjoy nature's splendor today.

Work was odd in that we were never deep in queue, but at the same time there was no time between calls until late morning. But VTO was offered at 11:24 for 11:30 departure which I took. I was able to catch the 11:45 UPS bus home to get home 1/2 hour early and closer to home.

Yes, it's sad to see these poor waifs be abandoned by their human "owners" (I will never refer to this particular brand of scum as guardian or caregiver) My thinking is Lulu's owner's plan in making her "indoor/outdoor" was to transition her to being left behind - so sad. I saw her and Grumpy Cat while putting out food/water. While Grumpy Cat ate, Lulu came over for some petting. I told her it's OK and I'll do my best to look out for her and the rest. Such sadness in her eyes sad.gif

Theresa and Tang were delighted at my early arrival and have provided cuddles and purrs for the afternoon. Both are well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....Good Sunday Evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! I hope you all are well and had a good day. I wish our weather or temps would stay this nice all summer.

I liked your story about the butterflies. Sir Tom had gathered all those butterflies together and was waiting for you. I always tell Mickey to send me some butterflies. When we are sitting on the patio I will say, where is my butterfly and one will fly around and across the yard. I saw a white one this evening. I always get a good feeling when I see one.

Fluffy and Socks were here this morning for breakfast. Socks always shows up for breakfast, but Fluffy doesn't always show up and recently neither one shows up for supper. Somebody might be feeding them too. I never see any others any more. Sometimes I see a bandit late at night eating what's left.

Sounds like you're doing a great job keeping the little waifs fed. That's sad that LuLu was abandoned, but the lady knew you would take care of her.

Well, I had better go, I need to order some birdseed. We have all kinds of birds and at least four squirrels out back to feed......Have a cozy and peaceful eveining with your furbabies........God Bless.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Good Sunday evening to you, hubby and your waifs as well.

Glad to hear Fluffy and Socks still come around for your generous hospitality. Not seeing any others is kind of a mixed bag I guess. On the one hand that means less needy souls, but on the other does that mean something happened to them?

I have not seen my "gang" of bandits since that one time I posted about, but I have seen the baby a few times. He/she looked at me as if to say "Sorry about my 'family'"

I suppose Lulu's "owner" felt less guilt knowing that I would look out for her (and the others) as best I can. But, that does not excuse her actions. On the other hand, turning her over to a shelter here probably would have been a death sentence (sigh) If I ever hit the lottery or whatever I'll do something like this https://www.facebook.com/purrever

well, back to Lt. Tang, Princess Theresa (the most "purrfect" lap kitty ever) I hope you, hubby and the waifs have a good evening. Thanks for stopping by. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get an early release yesterday so that you could get home to your precious fur tribe earlier than normal for a Sunday - - without having to use the early release to do any errands along the way. That's an extra bonus!!!

I know what you mean about seeing the sadness of abandonment in Lulu's eyes. It is heartwrenching. You can only do what you can to try to let her know she is not totally abandoned - - that you will care for her and all of the community waifs to the best of your ability.

Shortly after I wrote to you yesterday I got an impromptu call from my brother in Bedford inviting me to have lunch with him and my sister in law at a local restaurant. So I joined them since I hadn't seen or heard from them since March. They are still talking about getting another feline companion - - I truly hope they don't but I have no influence over them, and trying to dissuade them will only make them more determined. I'm hoping that the longer they wait the less inclined they will be to actually adopt another companion.

My precious Noah was eagerly greeting me when I got home, and I was ever so glad to be back home with him. Today is another pleasant day weather-wise so we are enjoying having the big door open and gated, and today there will be no impromptu interruptions to sharing this day together.

Need to work on my grocery list for my grocery errand tomorrow. My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled next to me keeping me company while I writing to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot, humid with occasional storms greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and glad to hear you could enjoy another open door day today. I too hope your brother and his wife to NOT get another cat. What they did to poor Stan was bad enough.

Work was a typical Monday with a twist; we had a secondary spike after lunch. VTO was offered but not in time to help me any, so I declined. There was a big bash "celebrating" the long anticipated separation of publishing/print from broadcast/internet into 2 companies. The new company is called TEGNA (if you're observant, you'll see it's a kind of anagram of GANNETT) Free lunch was offered, but the line was snaked around the entire 5th floor blink.gif (no thanks) I went to pick up a library book and ate while I was out.

I'm keeping with my plan from last week on travels home. There is one more express at 5:18 which I can leisurely walk down a block to catch. No traffic, late bus, or freaks of nature riders. I walked in the door at exactly the same time I would have if I took the 5:15 UPS but with no traffic and on time (which never happens) and that's with longer walk home Totally worth the extra dollar, and I still spend less than if I bought an express pass. This also allows me to scout out what I need for provisioning the waifs without having to detour.

Speaking of which, I saw Tux, Grumpy Cat and Lulu this evening. I'm trying to spend a few extra minutes with her when I can to soften the blow of her abandonment.

Theresa and Tang were delighted to see me walk in "on time" for a change. Both are well I'm always happy to report, and settling in for the evening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you are finding alterantive transportation routes home that appear to be both financially feasible as well as timely and hassle free. This is always helpful. The job is aggravating enough - - any way you can lessen the aggravation / stress levels is helpful.

It was an early rise day for the grocery errand. I do enjoy getting to the store before the shopping and check out aisles become packed with other shoppers. Noah was greeting me at the door when I got back home with the supplies, and is now settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Thankfully this is the only errand on the agenda for this week. Hopefully I will be able to do some yard work later on in the week.

Not much else happening around the homestead today. As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny, warm but less humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you could get your errands done quickly and home to your little man.

Yes, the express bus home is a much better option. I've also made some changes to my morning route as well. It was bad enough when this little punk invaded my stop (and my space by always standing less then 2 feet away from me) the last straw was when he started whipping out his phone and blasting the most disgusting/violent rap I've ever heard. The message was clear "This is MY bus stop now, old man. Move along" So now I walk down to the next one by the light. It's worth it for the peace and quiet.

Work was not as busy and VTO came too late to do me any good (sigh) Travels home at least were smooth and timely. Got to ride one of those little 1/2 size coaches I'd thought they'd retired. I just had the one little friend of Gray Tabby at the far colony tonight with a little food and water already, so I topped them off after getting to the closer colony. Lulu was almost up the stairs when I came out with the provisions happy.gif Besides her, there was Tux, of course, Grumpy and a new Siamese.

Theresa and Tang are both well as I'm always happy to report. They have had supper and are settling in for the evening, as I will soon. I hope today has been kind to you and your precious Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you are "displaced" from your normal bus stop but you are taking the "high road" by finding a different location. And thankfully there is another bus stop close by that you can do this without causing you duress.

So you are seeing the community waifs out and about eagerly anticipating your loving provisions. I know this helps you to know you are indeed making a positive difference in their lives. Your beloved Sir Thomas is very proud of you, and I can hear him proudly share with all the residents in heaven's perfect garden "yep, that's my dad!!"

Checked financials this morning to make sure everything is in proper order and the big desk top is now going through its security updates and scans. The emergency generator just finished its routine scheduled weekly system check and all is working well there. My precious Noah is doing well - - he is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. All is well here for which I am very thankful.

Soon it will be time to get some lunch in my precious Noah's bowl, so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Today....was not a good day. I got up to my alarm, proceeded to get ready, and decided to lay down for just a minute as I was so tired. I woke up at 6:00 ohmy.gif I grabbed my cell to call a cab so as not to be late for work only to discover it was inactive with 80 minutes on it but expiring 06/26/2015. I called the cab from my land line and it took over 30 minutes to get there. I walked in the door at 6:45 feeling very rushed. Oh, and before I left, I pricked my finger with Tang's insulin needle.

Work was full of jerks with crazy issues. They did call VTO in time for me to take the 4:43 express bus home, stopping at Dollar Tree (since I'm off tomorrow) walking home since I was done way before the next UPS bus was due.

I had to chase off some bandits from the far colony walking in (again) Coming out with the provisions, Lulu met me halfway up the stairs again. She and Tux took turns eating, and Tux actually let me pet him for the first time happy.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and both feasted from a fresh can of food. Tomorrow I will go for a haircut and probably do my shopping at Kroger (which is why I have been on the phone with Tracfone since I got home getting this dang thing reactivated so I can call a cab home if need be since we might see some bad weather)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid forecasted to be sometimes stormy Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

WOW - - you had a challenging morning yesterday for sure. I'm glad you were able to get to work on time - - this in itself was a HUGE accomplishment. It was a perfect day for an "early release" and am glad you were able to take advantage of it knowing that you would have three days home with your precious fur tribe. I hope you have been able to get your cell phone re-activated. Does Tracfone offer an "auto renewal"? I have that with both my Net10 home and cell phone service so that I don't have to "remember" to renew every month. I hope you have been able to get your chores and errands done quickly today so that you and your precious fur family can enjoy the majority of today together.

The regional radar is looking on the colorful side, and every once in awhile clouds darken the sky over the homestead but so far no rain / storms have materialized. My precious Noah is upstairs enjoying some private time as I'm writing to you. Not much is on the agenda for today.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Occasionally rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well.

Today was certainly a better day than yesterday. Sleeping until 7:00 alone was so nice. My errands went well enough, but I always spend more than I'd like when I go to Kroger. Had a bit of technical difficulty when I got home as my flat screen on the desktop went kaput. I went through every other flat screen and the other older monsters before finding one that worked; I was sweating like a pig by that time. Finally ended up with the good old Sony Vaio. The biggest monster with the smallest screen. At least it works, even if I have to make everything bigger just to see - better than nothing I guess dry.gif

I was out a little while ago provisioning the waifs during a break in the rain. I came upon Gray Tabby and her little friend curled up in the grass. They didn't seem to moving and I was worried unsure.gif I tried to quietly approach to be sure they were breathing, but not quietly enough. Poor little kitty hit her head on the fence running away. Tabby came right back and I told her to tell little one I was sorry. I didn't see Lulu, Tux or the others down by me though. I hope they're OK.

From there I got the mail and saw a note from the postman that my package from Wal-Mart.com came and was in the office. I got another big bag of Iams Senior dry and 1 LB tub of the Whiska Temptations they like so much; Theresa liked the box they came in even better tongue.gif

Both she and Tang are well and have provided excellent company complete with cuddles and purrs wub.gif With my errands out of the way, all I have is laundry in the morning then totally free until Sunday.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy oppressively humid Friday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little Prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your grocery errand done yesterday in good time. If the grass is tall around the fence line / feeding area, it provides a cool respite from the summer heat and humidity as well as protection for the community waifs. I'm sure Gray Tabby passed along your apologies to her little friend and concerns that she will be okay from the encounter with the fence. They are so fortunate to have you providing for them as as their protector.

Sorry about your monitor conking out on you, but am glad you were able to "resurrect" a spare one so that you can at least continue to use your computer. Perhaps at some point you can re-try connecting your larger screen monitor to see if it will work again.

The sky is overcast today with a thick cloud cover, temps in the 60's and the humidity levels oppressive. Still I donned my yard work clothes to work on the jungle overgrowth at the upper slope end in the back yard inside the fence line. There are three very tall plants with small yellow flowers on them that have sprouted up and which I have saved. There are several blackberry bushes that grow like weeds that I cut back as well as some overgrowth maple sapplings along with some other "green whatever" sapplings / bushes that were growing. Loaded the debris up in my yard cart and deposited it in the back wooded area on my property outside the fence area. There is still one more area that needs cutting back here on fthe basement end of the house inside the fence line close to the propane tank area. That is for another day. And later on this summer I will need to do another cutting back of re-overgrowth in the areas I worked on in the front yard in May.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is happy to have me back inside now for the rest of the day and weekend. He kept me faithful company as I took my shower, and is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope you were able to get your laundry done quickly today so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this day together. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished outside today. I'm glad you are now able to relax and spend quality time with with your little man.

I got my laundry done early this morning with nobody else there or any "leftover" loads the whole time I was in there. Haven't had that in some time, which was nice. While that was going on, I put out can food for the waifs. I didn't see Tabby or her little friend, but I did see Lulu and Tux. A little while ago (when the rain let up for the most part) I put out some dry and and it was the other way around on who I saw. The grass isn't particularly tall along the fence line, but I imagine they were still trying to catch a "cool" nap. They seem no worse for wear from yesterday. I didn't bother with water this time, as there is plenty of that around after the rains.

The rest of the day has been spent relaxing, reading, watching TV with Theresa and Tang who are both doing well. I gave them an early supper of can food which they both ate (yes, cold, both of them) Before getting up from my nap to check the mail and feed the waifs, I had kitty bookends on either arm of the sofa wub.gif

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
H Tracy.....Just stopping by to wish you and moon_beam a happy "Fourth of July".
We plan on a quiet holiday, I like quiet.

Fluffy and Socks still come by for breakfast, but this morning Fluffy didn't show up and Socks was late. I saw on the local humane society page where the second Smokey look alike has been adopted. They both were adopted pretty quick.

When I ordered the last bag of bird seed, I also ordered a bag of squirrel food, which contains corn, peanuts, and some kind of big seeds. We have enjoyed watching them. Thank goodness for Amazon and Prime free shipping.

Give your sweet furbabies a special pet for me. Always thinking of angels Sir Tom and Mickey. I see a white butterfly every day when it's not raining, also a yellow one.

Have a peaceful Fourth and I pray we all stay safe......God Bless....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Happy 4th to you, hubby and the waifs as well.

Glad to hear Fluffy and Socks still come by (if less frequently) Good news about the Smokey look alikes too smile.gif I didn't even now they made squirrel food huh.gif Good for you though. I'm sure the birds and squirrels appreciate it.

Have a happy and safe holiday. I hope Angel Mickey sends many butterflies your way. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny humid Star Spangled Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little Prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to share your news that you and your precious fur family enjoyed a very good day together yesterday, and that the community waifs continue to thrive under your loving provision and protection.

My precious Noah and I enjoyed a nap together this morning after his breakfast. It was such a treat waking up later this morning with his sweet precious body snuggled next to me. Have scheduled the last bill payment for July for the electric bill and the big desk top is now going through its security scans. My precious Noah is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. The only item on the agenda for the rest of the day is to enjoy my precious Noah's sweet company.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mixed weather here too ID Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Smiling at you waking up to his cuddles; always nice.

Been a pretty slow day around here too. I got up on my own around 5. Gave Tang his insulin and fresh food and water for him and Theresa, and put food out for the waifs and saw Tux and Lulu. Did so again a little while ago and saw Gray Tabby's other little friend (she has 2 the gray and white one and the little Siamese mix I spooked the other day)

Theresa and Tang are doing just fine and have provided cuddles, and purrs all day wub.gif As well as "bookends" while I have chilled to "Areal America" on Smithsonian channel. An areal view and history of the original 13 colonies. Hard to imagine New York looking so pristine. Tang, as always, was trying to mooch my breakfast. We have discovered he doesn't much care for the turkey sausage - can't say I do much either. Note to self for the next shopping trip.

Another reason I wanted to do the provisioning early is because some idiots are already playing with fireworks dry.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to share your news that you and your precious fur tribe enjoyed a delightful day together yesterday, and hope the community waifs were not frightened by the noise of fireworks. Fortunately this year the noise of the fireworks was at a distance from the community display rather than from a couple of nearby neighbors.

My precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. He was upstairs enjoying some private time when I awoke this morning, but he came back downstairs when he heard me moving around. Nothing on the agenda for today except to enjoy my precious Noah's company.

Looking at the clock you will soon begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe. I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, humid but (thankfully) not as warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

This morning when I got into work there was an email waiting for our team that our sup just "decided" to take a vacation day. I thought, that's nice considering I put in for today off the minute the July calendar opened only to be immediately denied. And we were pretty dead too. To add insult to injury, no VTO either. I swear the minute I have secured another job, I'm going to throw my badge on the director's desk and spit in his face mad.gif

At least my bus home was on time, quiet and not crowded dry.gif

Glad to hear you didn't have to deal with much noise yesterday. For the most part, I didn't either. But there were still odd "POPS" going off on my way home. I didn't see any of the waifs today and hope they're OK unsure.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well and greeted me when I got home. Tang, for some reason, has been especially affectionate. Getting right up in my face from the sofa arm to give me snuggles and kisses wub.gif

i hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels yesterday were on time and decent, and that you and your precious companions were able to comfortably enjoy the rest of the day together. I hope you will soon have a job opportunity offered - - one that meets your financial needs as well as offers you a healthier work environment.

Not much happening around the homestead today. It is cloudy with rain on the regional radar but so far nothing happening over the homestead. We did have a loud gully washer thunderstorm pass overhead yesterday evening which prompted my precious Noah to interrupt his private time upstairs to come downstairs to stay with me until the storm passed. Woke up to him snuggled next to me this morning, and he is settled comfortably next to me now as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear the storm spooked your little man, but I'm sure it was nice to wake up to him cuddling you.

Thank you for the support on the job front, and the less said about that the better. Not that anything especially bad happened. Just done with it for now. Waiting for the bus this morning I realized I had forgotten to write out my rent check and get it in the drop box by the 5th (yesterday) I emailed the manager about it from work, and she straight up lied to me about the 40.00 late fee being "automated" and "beyond her control" Because I have dropped it after hours on the 5th many times and have not been hit up for the fee even though it would have been processed on the 6th. At least she "let" me pay by check instead of making me get a money order dry.gif

The ride home at least was smooth thanks to the express bus. I think my UPS bus may have been on time for a change because as I was coming in the back way I saw a bus going by on Fern Valley. But that doesn't happen often enough to make me change my travel plans.

I saw Gray Tabby and Little Siamese by the far colony, with Tux and Lulu (still so sad God love her) at the colony by me. Tux was cooling off under a bush and stirred when he saw me happy.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well, I'm always happy to report. Funny thing happened with Tang as I was giving him his insulin. I commented "This will bring your BG down like it did for Angel Tom" At the mention of Tom's name he abruptly looked up and cocked his head, as if to say "Tom? I know him. He the one lead me to nice vet lady that brought me to you" I don't care what other people say, they get what we say wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

When I was working for my previous employer, who as you may remember was very similar to your current employer, I always said a prayer before going into the office asking that the day go by without any major unpleasant events or personality attacks, and always said a prayer of thanks when I was able to leave for the day. I do understand the stress you are under, my friend, and continue to hope you will be presented with a job that meets both your financial needs as well as provides you with a healthier work environment.

I totally agree with you that our precious companions understand every word we say to them, and am smiling at your precious Tang's response to hearing his beloved angel Tom's name.

My precious Noah is doing well and is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Since the humidity levels are once again in the uncomfortable range the big door remains closed so that the fans can circulate the cool air here in the basement living quarters.

So glad the express bus is helping to make your travels less stressful - - which is always helpful - - and that you are seeing at least some of the community waifs who are so very thankful for your loving provision and protection. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear the weather did not allow you to have the big door open today. I hope you are both staying cool.

Thank you for your sharing and empathy on the hostile work environment. I don't really say a prayer, but I do have a sort of mantra. "I hate this (bleeping) job" I say it over an over throughout the day - even sing it sometimes. It's a pressure release of sorts. Of course I find myself saying it home, on the bus, even at the grocery store. Yeah, it's really getting to me.

Had an interesting moment in our 10 minute team huddle today. Sup asking who's pushing magazine sales with new subs. I flatly said I don't because I said in my interview I don't do sales and was assured I would not have to. Plus it does not count against your QA. He was "Well, yeah now it IS a requirement" So I said "Fine, write me up. Fire me for it - I dare you. But good luck getting out of paying the UE claim." The room was strangely silent - as was he. Nothing else said, no fall out or anything. It felt good to back "big brother" down. (I should mention. in the Magazine Direct meeting with the training manager it was said that it's not a requirement)

The ride home was smooth although the express bus was late - first time ever. The rain had slowed to a sprinkle by the time I got off at my stop, and was gone by the time I walked into my apartments. Saw Gray Tabby at the far colony and Lulu & Tux at the one by me. Tux was actually following me asking to be petted.

Theresa and Tang are well as I am always happy to report. Tang actually finished off Theresa's can food left overs. I may have to offer him his own tomorrow and see how that goes. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy oppressively humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious companions, and you, are doing well, and that the community waifs are thriving under your loving provision and protection.

Have some computer work to do on the big desk top so thought I would send my daily greeting to you before I got started on that as I never know how long the projects on the big computer will take because of me being "technology challenged". My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, humid and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. I hope your desktop updates go OK.

I think it may be time to go back to taking my Allopurinol daily again since I'm working. I'm nursing a fairly painful gout attack in my right big toe joint sad.gif I can walk (thank goodness) but it's slow going. I had to stop at the Thorntons and get some Ibuprofrin and then get the 18 UPS the rest of the way. If I'm not markedly better tomorrow, I'll do all my errands on the way home from work tomorrow and catch a cab home.

I had a plethora of waifs tonight. Gray Tabby and both her friends. Lulu, Tux, Grumpy Cat. A new black cat and a new little Siamese whom I though I saw the red glint of a collar tag. But when I got closer, it looked like he/she had a missing patch of fur from his/her chest sad.gif With so many new faces as well as all the old ones, I put out an extra bowl of food about 10-15 feet away from the first main spot under a tree. No sense in tempting fights over food unsure.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well (if a bit miffed I came home at the old late time) Tang didn't go for the can food tonight, so Theresa got it all. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful and cool evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry about your flare of gout. Quite understandably that is very painful, and am glad you are taking care of yourself. I hope the medication will help relieve the pain so that you can continue to function. Please let us know how you're doing.

How special that you are finding new faces grateful for your loving provision, although it is also sad to see them come looking hungry and beaten physically / emotionally by their homelessness. Your beloved Sir Thomas is guiding them to you where he knows they will receive love through your generous provision.

Was able to get my projects done on the big desk top yesterday. Good thing, too, as the internet service here also suffered a "failure" about the same time Wall Street did. Thankfully the internet service was restored here within an hour which allowed me to enjoy watching my streaming programs through my Roku box.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is enjoying a nap on his bathroom window perch as I'm writing to you. We are keeping activity to as low a level today as possible.

I hope you are able to get your errands done on the way home tonight so that you can focus on resting your feet as much as possible over the weekend. I know all too well that when one part of the body is hurting it also affects the rest of the body. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. A Mix of clouds, sun and rain greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you were able to get your updates done before your internet went out.

Thanks for the support on my sore paw. When I got home last night I took 2 Allopurinol and 3 Ibuprofren. I started noticing a difference by the time it was time to go to bed. Things were "flowing" much better too today (Allopurinol is also used to prevent/treat kidney stones as the cause is similar to gout) It still hurts somewhat, but I am regaining mobility and getting better.

I decided to keep the "healing" going and did all of my errands when I got off the bus this evening, and I my cab was there in less than 10 minutes (paying cash always seems to make the difference)

It does feel good to know that I am reaching a lot of needy waifs, but at the same time it's sad that there are so many as you said sad.gif Tonight I only saw Lulu, Tux, and Grumpy Cat. I think you are right that Angel Tom is shepherding them my way and looking out for them as he does for me and Theresa and Tang.

Speaking of which they are both doing quite well, as I'm always happy to report. At first I got "Gee whiskers daddy! Why are you so late?" When I told them all I had to do was laundry tomorrow, they perked right up happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I'm so glad the meds are helping you to feel better.

I'm glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday on the way home from work so that you and your precious fur family can enjoy most of this day together after the laundry chore. There is no doubt they totally understood your explanation for your late arrival.

Today was an early rise day to mow the front yard which needed it. Took me a couple of hours including a time out in the garage. My precious Noah was on his bathroom window perch when I got inside and kept me company while I took my shower. He is settled next to me now as I'm writing to you. The yard always looks better when it's groomed. The rest of today will be devoted to my precious little boy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Off and on rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you were able to spend some quality time with your little man after working in the yard.

Today was also an early rise for laundry and morning waif feeding. Nobody in the laundry room until I was putting my loads in the dryers. I saw the little Siamese friend of Gray Tabby and Tux this morning. The rain has prevented me from a 2nd feeding today. While checking the mail earlier, I noticed most of the food still in the bowls anyway. Probably be morning before I can provision again.

Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided cuddles and purrs, along with Tang's usual mooching of my breakfast. After that it's pretty much been napping. The weeks spent at that pit of a job really saps my energy dry.gif

Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It is perfectly normal in the way you feel when you share with us: "The weeks spent at that pit of a job really saps my energy." Even when one is employed in a job that offers positive encouragement there is still a physical and mental strain. When we are in a strict regimen such as a job our bodies produce an abundance of adrenalin to keep us going. When we have a break from the regimen the adrenalin "rush" drops and we feel our bodies experiencing a "crash" in energy levels. When the work environment is not healthy - - for whatever reason - - our bodies and minds are under additional levels of stress that require higher levels of adrenalin in order to function, which makes the "crash" effect when there is a break from the stress even more pronounced. So, my friend, enjoy the need to just rest with your precious fur family so that your mind and body can be renewed in their unconditional love and strengthened to endure the regimen of your job - - which although not on the "top 10" list of preferences does provide you and your precious companions some form of financial stability. I hope you know I'm not "lecturing" you, my friend - - just trying to offer you some encouragement. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that one of these days you will find a job opportunity that meets your preferences that leads to a job offer that also provides for your financial needs. Please let us know how things go.

Got a late start to today - - just needed to sleep in this morning. Have the big desk top going through its security updates and scans. My precious Noah is doing well. He is letting me know that it is time for some lunch to appear in his bowl, and he's right. Not much going on today - - am replenishing my energy levels from yesterday's yard work.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and that you have taken sufficient time to rest after yesterday's workout.

I never thought about why I was tired after the work week, but it makes as much sense as anything else. Hard to compare it against I job I "liked" as that was in 2007 (JP Morgan Chase) and I had a girlfriend for the first part of that, so no time to "crash". Not as much napping today, but I did take a deep one between about 3-5. I always have weird dreams when I nap that late huh.gif A couple of times I swore I heard scraping in the litter box, but both kids present and accounted for; paw prints in the litter but no leavings. Angel Tom visiting maybe?

Today started out actually fairly cool from yesterday's rain, so balcony time was enjoyed by Theresa and Tang. There was even a moment when they were side by side both intent on watching what ever it is that they saw. I fed the waifs before that and saw Tux - I have not seen Lulu (for feeding anyway) in a couple of days unsure.gif Her loss of any human contact (little as it was) seems to be taking a toll on her emotionally sad.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and have provided companionship, cuddles and purrs at varying times. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur family had a good day yesterday. I can understand your concern over how Lulu is doing. For the precious souls who are born into community living they do not have the "memories" of human love - - or neglect. But those who suddenly find themselves homeless it is a heartbreaking adjustment - - and it does take an emotional toll on them just as it does for humans who find themselves in sudden abandonment. The community waifs, including Lulu, are blessed to have your loving provision and protection, even though it is impractical for them to share your home.

Not much happening on the home front here today. My precious Noah is upstairs enjoying some private time as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the community waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Starting out with thunderstorms, now just oppressively hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Since we did have heavy rain across the region, we were flooded (no pun intended) with wet paper calls from here, to Indy, to Cinci. Literally hundreds, and just when it looked like it was going to let up (at about 40) around 10:30 or so, it exploded to 130 at 11:00 and pretty much stayed there until I left. But, "We are so awesome at delivering papers" A pox on that man and his house dry.gif

Thanks for the compassion for Lulu. I really hope this doesn't totally break her spirit. It seems someone else has moved into that apartment, but I still see her going by and trying to look in the glass doors. It really tugs at my heart when she or Tux (and Gray Tabby before them) follow me trying to come inside. I didn't see any of them today whilst provisioning. But it was pretty hot and humid. All I can do is hope Angel Tom watches over them.

Closer to home, Theresa and Tang are both doing well. It was time to open a new can of food, so that was much enjoyed happy.gif Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

A hot and humid good Sunday evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! Glad to see you all are doing well. We all are okay here.
I found enough energy yesterday to clean the carport, removing old throw rugs, etc. The song that went through my mind was "Take This Job and Shove It". blink.gif smile.gif I think that's an old country music song.

Fluffy and Socks didn't show up for breakfast this morning, but the food disappeared later. I put their plates in different areas of the carport which worked out well. Now Fluffy wants to eat out of Sock's plate. Socks is kind of timid and he just sits back and lets Fluffy eat. This morning I put the plates together, but didn't get to see them eat.

Well, I must go, Funny Videos and Columbo will be on soon. I wish they would put "Murder She Wrote" on. We have seen them so many times, but with our better TV they will still be interesting.

Pet the furbabies for me and I hope you have a good work week, if possible. I hope Angel Sir Tom sends you many butterflies. I think we need a few rainbows around here too. We still see our little white butterflies just about every day.....God Bless.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Good Sunday greetings to you, hubby and the waifs.

Glad to hear Fluffy and Socks are coming by for meals, even if it's not as clockwork as before. I hope Socks is getting enough to eat as "food bullying" can be a hazard of being a homeless waif unfortunately. Especially from the "bandits".

I hope you are all doing well this hot humid evening. Enjoy your shows and have a great evening. I hope Angel Mickey sends you many butterflies. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious companions, and you, are doing well.

Not much happening on the home front so far today. We had early morning thunderstorms pass through the region as Noah was getting his breakfast around 6 a.m.. He stayed close to me as the crescendo got louder and the lightning flashes brighter over the homestead. Was blessed to wake up from our post-breakfast nap cuddled next to his sweet little body in bed. He is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. The only thing on the agenda for today is finishing the book my nephew Matthew gave me for Christmas - - a true story of espionage that circled the globe beginning with WW II and lasting through the 1960's. Very very interesting indeed - - and very enlightening in today's world as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope the storms didn't frighten your little man too much, but I'm sure it was nice to wake up with him cuddled up to you. I hope you enjoy your book, it sounds interesting.

We had some pretty nasty storms through here today. Fortunately, they moved on before it was time to travel home from work.

Since they have moved the dumpsters to the back of the property pending the parking lot resealing, I have to go that way taking out the trash in the mornings. I saw Lulu briefly and said hi, but didn't have time to stop, hoping she would not feel rejected like poor Gray Tabby did. No worries though, I saw her and Tux while provisioning this evening. It was only briefly though, as the "dog jerks" were out in force tonight. They always seem to go out of their way to avoid me though. Some might be offended, I take it as a sign that they know the waifs are under my protection cool.gif

Closer to home, Theresa and Tang are doing well as I'm always happy to report. Both ate the can food tonight and are settled on either side of my feet as I post this happy.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels home from work yesterday were dry. Storms came through the region here around 8:30 p.m. or thereabouts. Some areas had trees down and power outages but all is well here at the homestead. My precious Noah went upstairs after his dinner last night, but joined me here in the basement living quarters while the storm passed overhead. When he knew that all was okay after the storm passed, he went back upstairs. He is sooo precious. He is doing well today. He was upstairs when I finally got up for the day, but came downstairs when he heard me walking around. He is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you both are doing well. Glad to hear you had some quality time together today. As you say, precious happy.gif

Storms rolled through here this morning but were gone by travel home time. Work, what to say about that. I hadn't said anything before because I didn't want to jinx things. I applied for Work Force and email/chat a while back. Didn't get past the preliminary on WF (But the person in charge says the director makes the final decision on that and feels she's not qualified to make that choice - guess I know how my OPS scores are getting "fixed" now) Email/chat shot me down for the final warning I haven't been on since points dropped off 05/28 (and that sup sent out an SOS email BEGGING for help) Oh, and my friend that recommended me got fired Thursday. I guess the moral of this story is if you have been there 1 to 2 years or more and they don't like you, you better take the hint and quit.

The express bus home lately hasn't been such paradise as it's running later and later, and more dirt bags are trying to ride. Still, better than the regular bus I guess. I didn't see any waifs and had to put out all new bowls. I did see the new orange and white cat eating when I looked out the sliding door though.

I guess the only positive part of this day was coming home to my precious Theresa and Tang, who are both doing well. Didn't give me any "catitude" and ate all their can food - God love 'em (I sure do) wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny sometimes cloudy humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Indeed the good news is that you arrive home safely to your precious fur family, and community waifs, after a long day at work.

I'm so sorry you were denied the opportunity to transfer to the Work Force / e-mail / chat positions. I know all too well from first hand experience how a manager can abuse their authority in preventing an employee from transferring to a different department. As you are all too aware call center work is grueling simply by its nature - - even under the best of circumstances. Just keep doing the great job you're doing in your current job, my friend, and continue to keep your options open for opportunities elsewhere. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things go.

Have been working on the big desk top getting security updates and scans done. Was able to get my monthly bank statement printed off so I can now do the checkbook "balance-a-thon" sometime in the next few days. Tomorrow I have a couple of quick errands to do and I'm planning on mowing the back yard Friday, so I have my "to do" list established for the next couple of days or so.

Although there were severe storms forecasted for the region yesterday evening, it was quiet over the homestead as the storms passed north, south, and east of the homestead. According to the forecast the region is supposed to be relatively storm free over the next several days.

My precious Noah is doing well. He has been keeping me company during my computer work, and is now enjoying some after lunch private time upstairs as I'm writing to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news as to how you and your precious companions, and the community waifs, are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and muggy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. Glad to hear the storms passed you by last night. They sure nailed us around 7:30.

Thanks for the support on the job front. What's sad is I'm overqualified for both of those jobs. They will go to people who aren't 1/2 as qualified because they are "liked". What's even more sad is I overheard the director chewing out one of the email/chat sups for poor performance on the team. Just one more reason they can't keep good people. But you know what? I don't think they want to. They just see dollar signs in savings for all the unused benefits. (i.e. the payoff of high turnover)

The express bus was even later tonight. For some reason there is unusually high traffic on the street it turns from to my stop. Still made it home ahead of the regular bus though. Lulu and Tux greeted me on the back path coming in and waited for me by the stairs for provisions happy.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well. In a turn of events, Tang ate ALL of his can food and finished off Theresa's (cold) Both are having their evening after dinner "baths". I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can so relate to the high turn-over in the call center, as this was also happening in the home health office of my previous employer with the clinical staff. When I first started working there the office was considered to be the "premier" of the home health departments because of the high retention of both clinical and office staff because it had the best positive working environment of the four regional offices. Sadly this changed when the manager began implementing the supervisory tactics of the other three offices which began to cause a frequent turn-over in clinical staff - - and then the focus began to include me when the supervisor kept asking me "why are you working here?" because she claimed she never understood what my job responsibilities were, and then escalated her ignorance by asking me "why don't you just quit?" To say that I do NOT miss working there anymore is an understatement for sure - - so I do sooooo understand the stress you are enduring every day in your job, my friend, and keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to acquire a job elsewhere that meets your employment preferences and provides you financial stability. Please let us know how things go.

Sorry your alternative express route is acquiring additional popularity as well as increased traffic, but am glad it is still serving you in getting you home earlier. I'm smiling at Lulu, Tux, and other community waifs who greet you. This must bring a smile to your heart that you have earned their trust. Am also always glad to share your news that your precious fur family is doing well.

Got my errands completed early this morning which has enabled me to work a bit on the checkbook "balance-a-thon." My precious Noah is doing well keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

In a few more hours you will be able to begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe, and the community waifs, who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. Until the moment comes when you can make haste to begin your travels, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news as to how you and your precious companions, and the community waifs, are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I can't believe your boss actually said "Why don't you quit" and got away with it blink.gif Sure my company's "leaders" would love me to quit, but know better than (legally) to say it out loud. I can only take solace in the Karmic fact that no boss, manager, supervisor, whatever has ever messed me over and gotten away with it. Something bad always happens to them at some point. Enough about that pit of a job for today.

I may as well have stayed on the UPS bus home since Dollar Tree's freezer was broken (again) This negated my main reason for going in there, the frozen fruit for my smoothies. Sure Save a Lot has blueberries and strawberries, but I'm out of luck for peaches, pineapples and mangoes. Oh well. I did pick up 2 sets of plastic bows for the waifs one bigger for the food, and the other smaller for the water. We'll see how long that lasts dry.gif

Speaking of which, Lulu and Tux didn't meet me coming in, but were there by the time I came back out. Closer to home, Theresa and Tang are both doing well and scarfed down their can food. Taking their baths now happy.gif

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy suffocatingly humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My supervisor never made her comments in the presence of others, so I had no witnesses - - thus, placing a complaint against her would not have done much to improve my situation. I have learned through my lifetime how to bide my time knowing that eventually things eventually work out. And they did - - as I was able to kick the dust off my feet of that employer to finally enjoy the bliss of retirement. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that eventually you, too, will be able to kick the dust off your feet of your current employer for the confirmed opportunity of a job elsewhere that better meets your employment desires and provides you financial stability. Please let us know how things go.

Sorry your errands on the way home yesterday did not go as planned. That is frustrating indeed. I hope you are able to get any outstanding errands / chores done quickly today so that you and your precious fur family can enjoy most of this day together.

It was another early rise day here this morning so that I could mow the back yard. Took me about an hour to get it finished - - thankfully without having to take any time outs as the sky is cloudy so the heat factor was not bad - - just the humidity. My precious Noah is happy to have me inside and he kept me company on his bathroom window perch as I took my shower. He is settled comfortably next to me now as I'm writing to you. The rest of the day will be focused on enjoying his precious company.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello hot but a little less humid TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you got much accomplished outside today. I'm sure it felt good into the coolness of the house to your little man.

Pondering what you said about your boss's comments in nobody else's presence puts me in mind to upgrade my 10 year old cell phone to something newer with recording capability. This way I can "tape" any such comments directed at me. My next 1 on 1 when my sup gets back from vacation will be interesting. If he keeps swilling the company Kool-Aid defending these jerks, I'm going to tell him not to bother to schedule any more as he is useless to me. Yes, I'm going to put just that way. I might add that while, yes, he's "protecting what he's got" it only cost him the last shred of integrity he had. Hope he can live with that in retirement.

Laundry was fine, although one of my favorite dryers is still out of commission. Fed the waifs some can food this morning and saw Lulu an Tux. My bus to the store was 7 minutes late and she tried pass up my stop after I rang the bell. Didn't even say she was sorry; looked pretty "out of it" too. Makes me wonder if the even drug test the drivers anymore. I forgot the sausage for my breakfast much to Tang's chagrin.

The rest of the day as been laid back with Theresa and Tang both giving snuggles and purrs wub.gif Tang even laid on a pillow on my chest and proceeded to kneed my chest. Unusual for him as that's usually Theresa's thing. Both are doing well.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your errands and chores done yesterday in a timely fashion so that you and your precious fur family can enjoy most of your weekend together. Hope the apartment management can arrange to have the dryer fixed in the near future.

Have gotten some preliminary "bill-a-thon" things done this morning on the big desktop which is now going through its security updates and scans. Earlier this morning before Noah's breakfast time I woke up to him snuggling with me. After breakfast he decided to go upstairs for some private time until he heard me up and about for the day later on. He is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you reminding me that it will soon be time for some lunch to appear in his bowl.

It is forecasted to be a hot humid weekend so when I went out early yesterday evening to bring the lawnmower into the garage (I let the motor cool off for several hours outside after using the mower before storing it in the garage) I turned on the central AC unit to the upstairs to run for the weekend. I am so glad my precious Noah and I have the basement living quarters as the upstairs gets stifling hot during the summer. If we didn't have the basement living quarters I would have to run the upstairs central AC 24 / 7 which would cause a huge electric bill to pay.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you both are doing well. It's good that you have a basement living area that is less expensive to keep cool I'm sure. Wish I had one. My electric bills are about 15.00-20.00 higher in the summer.

I woke up before my alram and decided to take care of my babies as well as the waifs. I didn't see Tux or Lulu then, or a little while ago on the 2nd feeding. I hope they're OK unsure.gif This morning while down by the far colony, I saw out of the corner of my eye the little Siamese scamper up a tree. At first I thought Gray Tabby chased him/her up there, but I think it was me that scared them (sigh) Their food was barely touched when I checked a while ago, and not at all down by me.

Theresa and Tang are both doing well and have provided company, cuddles and purrs wub.gif Back to the "pit" tomorrow dry.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions, and community waifs, doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious companions had a very good day together yesterday. Looking at the clock I know you are also keeping time as you assist customers today looking forward to that moment when you can begin your travels home to your precious fur family who are also eagerly anticipating your arrival.

My brother called yesterday evening asking for another lunch date today, so I will be meeting him and my sister in law this afternoon at one of the restaurants close by. It has only been two weeks since we had lunch together - - so having lunch together again so soon is a very rare occasion. I know their social calendar is full over the next couple of months or so, so I know it is going to be awhile before we meet again - - very likely not much before the Thanksgiving holiday.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. I am already looking forward to getting back home to him.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news as to how you and your precious companions, and the community waifs, are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your brother today and were able to get home in a timely manner to your little man.

Work was not delightful today (as if it it ever was) We got notice that most of the papers would not have ads/coupons today and were expecting a deluge of calls about that. As it turned out, we were deluged alright just not for that. Just the usual service nonsense.

My trip home was marred by the fact my bus broke down, and I only knew this because the driver of the one that came 30 minutes later told me. This is because the buses are not properly maintained. The government grant money goes right into the pockets of the TARC board in the form of bonuses and pay hikes I read about in the paper all the time. It's nice to know that we Joe nobodies have to pay the price for legalized theft. On top of that, my monitor is starting that "winking" in and out process with no particular pattern. I'm starting to think it's the computer itself or the cable. I'll have to see what I can do to canibalize parts around here (sigh) I'm putting it in sleep mode when not in use now.

Provisioning the waifs brought me a new customer which is unfortunate as it means another displaced soul sad.gif This one was all black and I swear part Siamese from her loud meow. Can't have been out there long as she came right up to me coming and going. She settled into the food/water I put in the far colony. Coming back down I saw Tux eating who stopped eating just long enough to give me an acknowledgement meow happy.gif

Theresa and Tang (especially Tang) were none too pleased with my tardiness, but brightened up at the sound of a new can of food opening. Both are well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a cool and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.