Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, gusty windy, chilly Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, you are in a very high "burn out" job, so it is perfectly natural that you feel totally depleted come the end of the day. I'm so glad you are in a job now that you can earn paid time off days so that you and your precious fur tribe can "re-charge" your spirit together.

Had my routine dentist appointment this morning and was fortunate to have the really good hygienist who is knowledgeable first hand of very sensitive teeth and gums. Ever since the neuralgia episode in May the teeth and gums on the right side of my face have been really super sensitive to cold. So the hygenist went light on the cold water rinse and air suction.

Occasionally there are big spiders that "visit" inside the house, and last night one came onto the bed. I was quick enough to capture it in an old plastic food container before it hustled off. I couldn't dispose of it down the commode because the water conditioner was running at the time, so I left it in the container. This morning it was still alive crawling around the container, so I did my first "spider relocation" - - I took it with me to the dentist office and "released" it in the shrubbery in the parking lot. I really don't like annihilating other creatures unless there is no other way. I have disposed of spiders in the past, and will probably do so again - - but at least this one spider has a chance for survival - - just not here inside the house.

My precious Noah was a bit miffed this morning when I had to get up so early. He was snuggled so close to me with a soft blanket over him sleeping so sweetly with his soft little snore. When I got home from the dentist he was letting me know that he was glad to see me. We will have a chance for an afternoon cuddle after he has his lunch. I have the space heater in the kitchen area going and he is enjoying visiting it once in awhile. I may turn on the other space heater on as well as the temps are only in the 50's today and the air is a bit on the nippy side here in the basement living quarters.

Otherwise, life here is doing well today. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mostly clear and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Good for you in taking pity on the spider who was probably as scared as you. Sorry to hear Noah was miffed at your early rise to keep your dental appointment. Glad to hear you had a fairly positive experience there.

Well, another day of contemplating the joy of nothing cool.gif Only 2 more days before returning to the pit, on my birthday of all days (sigh) I truly didn't see myself a call center drone at age 49. But, that's life. I do still get calls for jobs, but just the usual temp/contract stuff and I've had enough of that.

I woke up a 1/2 hour early and encountered no traffic in the laundry room. Errands were fairly smooth being gone only about an hour and a half - just missed the UPS bus home. Probably over crowded anyway. Putting things away, I opened up the sliding door to the balcony and both Theresa and Tang made a beeline tongue.gif Both are well and finishing off their can food.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, cool, still breezy T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores and errands done in a timely manner yesterday so that you and your precious fur tribe could enloy most of the day together. I can so relate to your lament about your job when you share with us: "I truly didn't see myself a call center drone at age 49." I can honestly tell you that NONE of my employers were eager to support me in any way in my career aspirations, - - their goal was to keep me where I was as a paper pushing office slave, and no matter how hard I tried I could never "rise above" that level. So I do understand how you are feeling, my friend. You are wise not to pursue the queries for contractor / temporary work - - you now have a chance at a permanent job, although it isn't the most "ideal" of jobs.

Everything is well here today. My precious Noah is on the sofa where he can look out the big door windows as I'm writing to you. It was only after I had gotten dressed that he woke up for the day. It was so awesome seeing him resting peacefully in bed while I went through the routines.

Can't believe it's afternoon already. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Glad to hear he was able to take in the sights in the big window today.

Thank you for the kind words about the job. You have no idea how much I would be content with being a paper pushing office drone rather than a call center one; at least then I would not have to deal with the general public. I used to have dreams and chase after happiness. But these days a little security and personal contentment would be more than enough.

Well, one more day off before I have to go back to that environment. Today was another "do nothing" day with Theresa and Tang providing their usual companionship. I went this morning to sign my lease for the next 18 months with the full intent of confronting the manager, but I caved. Sure, I tried to get a better deal, but no good. I guess I just chickened out feeling like it would do no good to get on her bad side like the last manager. I know she has made deals with other tenants, but I can't prove it. Plus I don't have the means to move, which she knows and which I guess is why she has no motive to help me other than it would've been the right thing to do. And nobody does that anymore (sigh)

Right now I have the sliding doors open to the balcony and the kids are coming and going. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious companions are enjoying this time off together. If it helps at all I read an article on the interent a day or so ago about how rental properties are now charging a separate fee for tenants who have companion animals - - added to their total monthly rental cost - - in addition to the security deposit when securing an apartment. Unfortunately what you are experiencing is now becoming the "norm" in rental properties.

Today was an early rise day. With the weather being so pleasant today I wanted to get outside to begin the leaf clearing process in the back yard and try out my nifty blower / vacuum. And by golly - - it works!!! I had to try a few different things and discovered laying the collection container on its side provides the best suction directly into the container. Also, the reach of the vacuum depends on the length of the extension cord rather than the length of the vacuum itself. Today I used a 15 foot extension cord, and now know that I need to use a longer one which I already have various lengths of extension cords to rely on. I was able to do in 2.5 hours what would have taken me several days - - YIPPEE!!!! I am a bit on the weary side so am looking forward to spending the rest of the afternoon and evening cuddled with my precious little boy.

Noah is doing well. He has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is now ready, so I will get this off to you. As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. I'm glad to hear your leaf blower/vacuum worked to your satisfaction; sounds like you got quite a workout in any case.

Thanks for the supportive words about the rent. I had to pay pet rent before, it's just gone up is all. Like I said, the manager has me over a barrel, and therefore has no motivation to offer me the deals she does others. One can only hope Karma will balance that out in the end.

It's been another lazy day around the homestead. With the nice weather I have allowed some balcony time which both Theresa and Tang have taken advantage of - especially Theresa. I hated to bring her in from basking in the sunbeams, but I saw flying stingy things about. Both of my kittles are doing well. Well, this is my last day off before returning to the pit on my birthday (sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, pleasant Sunday birthday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Yeah, it is a bummer having to go back to work after enjoying several days without the rigid routine. Still, it is fortunate that you do have a job to return to which gives you some form of financial stability. You area no longer having to seek assistance for paying your rent, electric, etc.. I know it's been a very long road for you to get to this point, and I know the environment in your current job is not an encouraging one. But hopefully in time you might be able to transfer to a different department which may offer you the type of job you would prefer. Hang in here, my friend.

Not much going on here at the homestead today. Have the big door open for my precious Noah and me to enjoy the fresh air and woodland residents. My precious boy is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Soon you will begin your trek homeward to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And may you and your precious fur tribe have a joyful celebration of your birthday.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Glad to hear you both were able to enjoy the fresh air of the big door being open.

Travels in were pretty good. Work started out like it was going to be slow, but then around 10 or so the skies opened up an all the crazy people fell out huh.gif But that slowed down after about an hour or so. But, I guess it did enough damage to the numbers that no VTO was offered. Going home started out OK with my bus right on time. But then we sat at the same traffic light for 45 minutes while I watched a sea of pink T shirts - apparently it was some cancer walk. A good cause, but obviously not well planned by the city or TARC (sigh) I got home almost a full hour late. Yes, I am fully cognizant of the fact this job provides much needed security, but it still saps a great deal of my energy. I often think about the chance to transfer to something better suited to me, but am not holding my breath.

Theresa and Tang did not seem too bent out of shape at my lateness, but then they never react much at all on Sundays when I come home. They were more vocal about my going back this morning though. Both are doing well. Coming through the parking lot, I encountered a young stray. He/she started to run away, but I was able to get him/her to stop and "talk" with me. It didn't last long as a car was coming though. Hopefully I was able to relay my intent to put food out.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Stopping by to wish you a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"! I had a cute graphic of a cat that looked like Tang, but I had no luck posting it here.
I do hope you had a good day.

We are doing the same here. Same kitties coming by to eat. Tabby2 still hasn't shown up.

Give the furbabies a special pet for me and have a pleasant cozy evening. I will say TTFN, because Columbo comes on pretty soon and we enjoy that......God Bless.....

LMM

Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

Thanks for stopping by with birthday wishes. As you can see from my post, it wasn't so good. Glad to hear the kitties still come by and will pray for Tabby2. Peace and Blessings to you all. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, very pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can so relate to your exasperation about the walk-a-thon yesterday delaying your arrival home to your precious fur tribe. Having worked in DC for many years commuting from / to home I remember all too well the many gatherings of protesters blocking the main bridges and roads in the DC area making the work travels not only frustrating but extremely hazardous. FINALLY our elected officials passed a law prohibiting this which helped - - and was strictly enforced during the latter years of my work and living in the DC area. I can honestly tell you I do NOT miss living in that area!!!

Today was the major online scheduling of bill payments and printing receipts, etc.. At first my Canon printer was not "recognized" by the computer but thankfully the HP was. Then mid-way through the process a message window appeared on screen letting me know the Canon printer was available. Go figure. Now I have a lot of filing to do for receipts - - that will be another time. Noah as usual kept me faithful company during this work. He has now had his lunch and mine is in the final stages of warming on the stove. The temps are in the 70's again today with many welcome sunbeams, so we are enjoying having the big door open this afternoon for at least a couple of hours or so.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And may you and your precious fur tribe have a joyful celebration of your birthday.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and unseasonably warm day greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sorry to hear about your printer mishaps, but I'm glad you got it worked out in the end. Glad to hear you both enjoyed the sunbeams today smile.gif

Today was a typical Monday although it started late. We got 20-30 in queue then it exploded late morning until about 5:00 between 200-300 blink.gif No VTO of course. Travles home weren't too bad with the bus being 10 minutes late but hauling to make up time. Oh, and the sup wasn't in today which did not make me cry wink.gif But the twerpy site director came up after an angry caller wanting a sup hung up on me and I got another call. He was all "What happened with that caller?" And I said she hung up wanting a sup which is why I had my hand up. Him: "Are you SURE that's how the call disconnected?" I was this close to asking if he was accusing me of something, and that he'd better have proof. I really hate that place huh.gif

Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door, which was nice. Both are doing well. I found a note in my door about needing to do repairs after the inspection on Wed, and Thu - my days off this week. I fired off an email stating I'd rather they do that while I'm at work citing that they already managed to ruin my vacation days last month; we'll see how that goes.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know it's hard not to become defensive when you're being questioned about a customer call that does not end well, and I can certainly understand how you felt like the site director was questioning your integrity. If possible, I hope you will be offered an opportunity to give a full account of what happened with the call yesterday so that the site director / supervisor will not penalize you for the actions of the customer. Please let us know how things go.

Noah had his check up today. His blood glucose levels were at 110 this morning which is up 4 points from July. Dr. Bolen reassured me that this is still well within the good range so it is no reason for concern. She told me the most important thing at this point is to keep a close watch on him for any symptoms like excessive drinking of water. He has lost another pound since July - - he is now 11 pounds, but still looks very good body-wise. All in all he received a good health report and does not need to have another check up until spring. Dr. Bolen did tell me that he will probably need another dental cleaning at that time. So - - we're set for the winter unless something unforeseen happens.

My precious boy is letting me know that it's time for some lunch in his bowl, so I will get this off to you. I'm glad you will have tomorrow and Thursday off so that you and your precious companions can enjoy. And I hope you will be able to have the necessary repairs done at your convenience.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And may you and your precious fur tribe have a joyful celebration of your birthday.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Congrats on Noah's good report card. 110 is great! I'm glad to hear he is doing so well, and hope he continues along this path.

The site director got the hint when I gave him a "look of death" Questioning the integrity or honor of one who has an authentic, hand mad (not a prop) Klingon bat'leth on his wall is most unwise cool.gif No problems from him today.

Work was busy but it did fall off about between 2-3; no VTO though. Travels home were on time and without incident. Theresa and Tang both met me at the door most appreciative of my promptness wub.gif Both are doing well. Theresa even risked getting on the verboten dining table to solicit hugs happy.gif

Tomorrow is a vacation day and I intend to go downtown and get my state non-driver ID renewed that apparently expired 04/28. This was brought to my attention by a snippy librarian when I wrote a check last month for a bus pass. I will drop off some books while I'm there. Sadly I didn't get to even open one of them But it's book 2 of a series and I'm still waiting on 1.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, breezy, maybe some rain Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope by now you have been able to get your errands done today so that you and your precious companions will be able to enjoy most of this day and all of tomorrow without interruption, and hope your days off are not inundated with apartment maintenance workers.

Thank you for the encouragement about Noah's blood glucose results. I always appreciate your good thoughts on his behalf. Today he is a happy boy enjoying the peace and calm of his home. He is keeping me company as I do the mid-week security updates and scans on the big desk top and getting caught up with e-mails, etc.. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl, and then an afternoon cuddle.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant day greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well.

Thankfully, the apartment work will be done Friday while I'm at work per the email I sent. The manager thought she was going to get away with charging me for missing/damaged blinds that were that way since I moved in. I showed her the error of her ways. Bad enough she's sticking me for another 55.00 per month next year. BTW my scores for the second to last week of this period at work is 3.3 and yesterday I was ramping up my EZ Pay scores like crazy with snowbirds restarting their Florida/Arizona papers. So, hopefully I'll get my raise an bonus.

I got a fairly early start on my errands today. I had to ask the cashier in CVS where the licence office was. But I was in an out in about 10 minutes. From there I went to the library to drop off books and pick up one. It wasn't the one I was hoping for, but at least I still have something to read. I then cheerfully wrote a check for my November bus pass with my shiny new ID.

Theresa and Tang were pleased to see and greet me when I got home a little before noon. I allowed for some balcony time which Tang declined, but Theresa indulged with her tummy facing the sun wub.gif Not mush else happening here.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, coolish Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on your excellent score, and hope you will reap the financial benefits accordingly. You have earned this raise and bonus many times over just being there in the call center.

So glad you were able to get your errands accomplished in a timely manner yesterday and now have your new ID card. I'm also very glad you were able to convince your rental manager about the state of the window blinds so that you will not be charged for that maintenance.

The temps are too cool to work outside although the sunbeams are shining bright and cheery. Come Wednesday next week temps are supposed to moderate again so I hope to be able to do some outside yard work then. I heard on the weather report last night that there might be some snowflakes in the higher elevations at some point over the weekend. The ski resorts need the snow for their winter livelihood, and I hope this is where the majority of the oncoming winter weather will be focused over the next few months. This weekend we return to Standard Time which is another indication that seasons are changing.

My precious Noah is doing well today. He is on his big window bench looking outside as I'm writing to you. Have changed the blankets on the bed to warmer blankets so now have some laundry waiting to be done at some point in time. I had begun to dread doing laundry trying to avoid the loud squeaky dryer, but now thank goodness, that is no longer an issue.

Otherwise it's a quiet day here. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but quite cool greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Glad to hear you both could enjoy the sunbeams even if you could not go outside. I'm sure having a quiet dryer is making laundry easier.

My laundry didn't go so well. I was putting quarters into one of my favorite dryers when I noticed the meter wasn't registering anything until I already had about a dollar in there; the bottom one did the same mad.gif I emailed the office about it but doubt I will get my money back, but hopefully they will get the repair man out to make sure it's calibrated right.

My errands took a bit longer than normal as I decided to stop by Big Lots and pick up some more of that natural senior formula dry food the kids like so much. I had the bad luck of getting behind some wallet on a chain yokel returning some speakers and generally holding up the line for us all. But I was only gone about 2 hours, so not too bad.

Theresa and Tang are well and have enjoyed a limited amount of balcony time due to the chillier temps (as demonstrated by Theresa coming in on her own) I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your laundry time and errands proved to be frustrating this week. I can so understand your irritation about the coin slots in your laundry room. When I was an apartment dweller I remember the same frustration from time to time. I hope the management will attend to this matter soon, and that you will be "pleasantly surprised" in receiving your money back from the management. One can always hope for the best.

Always glad to share your news that your precious fur tribe, and you, are doing well. I hope your precious companions will not be frightened by the maintenance done on your blinds today while you are at work.

Have started on the laundry basket today. The second load is washing now while the first item - - a king size mattress cover - - is in the dryer. I am trying out the "timed" drying cycles to see if using this option may save time and cost on my electric bill. The "automatic" dry cycles run slower according to the manual, and I discovered this to be true with the first load of laundry I did.

Noah is doing well. No sunbeams today as the clouds are gathering quickly for more rain beginning sometime tonight into tomorrow.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. I hope your dryer works to your satisfaction.

Today has not been so good. What I thought was sinuses draining due to sharp changes in weather morphed into a full blown chest cold (or something similar) by this morning. I woke up in a coughing fit an hour ahead of my alarm. Much I hated to do it, I took my last paid sick day for the year, which will likely get me at least a verbal warning (sigh) I hope it it doesn't mess up my raise or bonus, but I feel like crud and can barely talk. I was able to crawl out to the convenient store and pick up some Dayquil extreme cold and flu; I hope it does the trick.

Theresa and Tang have kept a faithful vigil with me on the couch as I try to convalesce. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, maybe rainy gusty breezy coolish Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you feeling better, your precious companions doing well, and each of you in good spirits.

Sorry you needed to take your last sick day for the year yesterday, but at least you had it to use as it sounds like you definitely needed to stay home. I truly hope you are feeling better today so that you can be in good shape to go to work tomorrow.

We had a bona fide power outage this morning sometime after 6 a.m. - - after Noah had his breakfast, and I'm thrilled to share with you that the back up generator worked perfectly. Other than having to get up to re-set the security system so that the power failure "alert" would stop - - which is normal when it senses a power outage - - everything worked beautifully. When the generator kicked in the electric space heaters turned back on and Noah and I were nice and warm snuggled in bed together. Don't know when the main power came back on, but it was back on when I woke up about 3 hours later. So - - it works!!! YEA!!!!

Am doing the security scans and updates on the big desk top and will put another load of laundry in the washer when I get this sent on its way to you. I have also started the process of turning back the clocks so that I won't have to do that later on.

Once again, my friend, I truly hope you are feeling better today, and I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are keeping you faithful company - - which goes a long way to soothing a fevered brow. As always, I hope today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy and much cooler (45 degrees with the sun shining) Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear your power went out, but glad to hear your generator performed it's function without a hitch.

Thanks for the well wishes. I probably made a good call as by yesterday evening I felt worse even taking the Dayquil and some left over generic mucus medicine I had. I'm a little better today, but still coughing and sneezing (mostly the latter) here and there. I've been doing my best to get lots of rest and drink lost of water, which is helping to flush the "crud" out of my system. Snow flurries on Halloween is NOT a good omen for the season to come. Heck, even my favorite radio station started playing all X-mas music 2 days ago huh.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and have been keeping a loyal vigil over me and offering comfort. Back to the pits tomorrow (sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful (with no powers outs) evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, chilly, gusty windy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you feeling better and able to go to work, your precious companions doing well, and each of you in good spirits.

Sneezing is a good sign that the congestion is breaking up, and it helps to elieves the pressure in the sinuses as well. A cold can be very miserable and troublesome, so you are wise to do for you what helps you to get through this, and I hope you will not receive too much grief for taking Friday off from work. Please let us know how things go.

No power outages today - - at least not so far with the gusty winds. When I went to the power company website yesterday to print off my monthly invoice I checked on the reason for the power failure yesterday morning. It was due to "equipment failure" somewhere in the power grid. It was reported at 6:22 a.m. and restored at 8:05 a.m. - - so we were without power for about 1.5 hours. It was nice not having to worry about how long it would take for the power to be restored - - the refrigerators both upstairs and downstairs continued to work so I didn't have to worry about having to throw food away for a change. That in itself is a big relief.

Noah is doing well. His tummy clock was still on Savings Time this morning, so it took quite a bit of comforting and encouragement to help him wait until it was actually time for me to get him his breakfast. Once his tummy was satisfied he came back to bed with me to snuggle for awhile. As I'm writing to you he is enjoying the warmth of the space heater.

It's a quiet Sunday here as Sundays are designed to be. Looking at the clock you still have about an hour or so in the call center until you can begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I do hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Clear and colder greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sorry his tummy was still on the old time this morning and hope he is able to adjust going forward.

I was in for a surprise getting into work today. For a couple weeks we have had our stuff packed up to swap places with the email team. I discovered not only had I been moved (though my stuff was still in the bag at my old desk, nothing was working) but that the pink team had been dissolved completely. The good news an that is I now have a whole new sup. This man seems nice and always sends out positive emails; he even came in on his day off today to make sure his new team members could get logged in OK. Hoping that's a good sign going forward. It was crazy busy from the beginning to end so no VTO.

Travels home were marred by my bus being 10 minutes late and SRO most of the way. I stopped off at the Dollar Tree to get some allergy/sinus/cold medicine as I refused to pay the inflated prices at CVS downtown. Theresa and Tang are both well and have been good company this afternoon.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny now warmer after a very crispy start to the day Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

YAHOO!! Sounds like you got a pleasant surprise yesterday no longer being in the "pink" group AND having a new supervisor. I truly hope these changes work out to your benefit, my friend. If I remember correctly you had inquired earlier about transferring to the e-mail team, and hope this may still be an option for you at some point in time. In the meantime, just keep doing the great job you're doing in the call center, and perhaps this new supervisor can be a "mentor" to you to help you advance to a department where you'd like to be. Please let us know how things go.

I hope today you are feeling better than yesterday, - - it's no fun going to work when you're not feeling well.

Today was a very early rise day - - before sunrise - - to get morning routines done in time for the arrival of the service rep to do a routine service on the generator. I mentioned to him about the power outage and how well the generator worked, and he was delighted that everything worked out well. The service contract will be up for renewal before the next routine maintenance, but he assured me that the contract automatically renews with no interruption in service. So that's good news. After the service rep left I was able to print out my financial logs and calendar for the 2015 financial ledger, and I also worked on Christmas cards, with the majority of them done. Have enough holiday postage stamps left over from last year to do the mailing this year, so that worked out nicely, too - - no extra stamps to have to buy this year.

My precious Noah is doing well. He has had his lunch and is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you. The timer on the stove is letting me know my lunch is now ready, so I'll get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. I hope you and your precious Noah are both well.

I wasn't going to post at all tonight, but didn't want to worry. I had to wait an hour and a half to get a bus home and have just gotten in a few minutes ago. I'm too angry and tired to post anything meaningful, and the kids have been gypped enough as is. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Peace and Blessings

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I am so sorry your day yesterday - - for whatever reason - - brought such misery to you. Thank you for taking a few moments to write to let us know you finally arrived home safely to your precious companions. Your first and always priority is to your precious Theresa and little Tang, and you, my friend.

Will begin working on financials today for taxes as soon as I get this posted to you. My precious Noah is doing well, - - thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope your both well. I'm glad you could enjoy the sunbeams today. I'm also glad your generator check up went well.

Thank you for your kind indulgence regarding yesterday's all too brief post. Apparently there was an accident on that side of town the #18 buses were coming from tangling things up. In retrospect, I should have hopped on that mall bus I saw at 6:10 and walked the rest of the way home.

Today was better. We were busy until about lunchtime and then it slacked off for most of the rest of today. While having a new sup is good, the old one moved to a desk closer to me than him where she is free to continue to pick at me (sigh) What I do like about the new sup is he always CCs me on the escalation emails he is following up on keeping me informed. I did make a 3.3 for period 10 so I'll get my bonus albeit less than last months 3.65. But it's still something. I asked the new sup about my 6 month raise and said he's get back to me - we'll see.

Travels home were more or less on time and I did reach my destination on time. Both Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door and both are well. Well, Tang did throw up (probably from inhaling his food) The new carpet won't stay new for long I guess. He seems better now.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, warmish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I must confess I was a bit worried last night from your post - - concerned that something horrible had happened at work. So I lifted you in my thoughts and prayers hoping that whatever happened was transportation-related - - which is an "isolated" incident and easily recovered from. I'm so glad to share your news that this was indeed what happened Monday, and hope the victims of the accident are not serioulsy injured. The good news is you arrived home to your precious companions safe and sound - - although much later than usual.

Today was an early rise day to work outside on the ongoing leaf removal project. I worked in the front yard today and managed to clean up a 25 square foot area in about 2.5 hours with the assistance of my Toro vacuum attachment. Rain and cooler temps beginning sometime tonight and lasting through the weekend. It's also supposed to be quite breezy for a couple of days - - which means of course that what was cleared today will be covered once again.

My precious Noah was ever so glad to see me when I got back inside, and was extremely appreciative when lunch arrived in his bowl. It was a simple lunch for me today - - soup and sandwich. My precious Noah is snuggled on my legs taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I'm looking forward to an early night tonight with my precious boy cuddled with me.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sounds like you got much accomplished on your project and can imagine how much Noah appreciated having you back for snuggles.

Work was busy until about 5:00 but died out before time for me to leave. Travels home were about as nightmarish as Monday. My bus was 25 minutes late and the driver did nothing to make up his time. Then he blew right past where he's supposed to turn to go to UPS (like he was headed yo the mall) which is pathetic considering he told everyone getting on "UPS, I'm going to UPS" and would not have realized it if I hadn't told him ohmy.gif Then when he tried to turn around, he got stuck in a ditch. After piddling around for 15 minutes trying to get unstuck, I gave up and walked home. I didn't walk through the door until after 8:00 mad.gif

I'd call TARC to complain, but I'm getting sick of hearing "They're all in the union, we can't touch them" I can see why anti union legislation is getting easier pass which is too bad for the workers that don't abuse it.

Theresa and Tang are well and I'm going to try to salvage what I can of the evening with them. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, breezy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your travels home yesterday evening were another nightmare. I can guarantee that even traveling by personal vehicle is not a "walk in the park" in city traffic. I can very much understand your frustration, but am ever so glad you arrived home safely to your precious companions who are probably wondering if your "late arrivals" will now be a "new normal." I certainly hope NOT!!!

The good news is that you have today to get your errands done so that hopefully you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this day together.

The big desk top is going through its security scans and updates, and my precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. We have sunbeams today which is always nice. Otherwise not a lot going on here today - - still resting up from yesterday's workout with the leaf removal project.

I hope today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Gloomy, cool and sometimes rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Glad to hear you could both enjoy the sunbeams today.

Laundry and errands went OK I suppose. I got tired of waiting for the UPS bus to get home from shopping and finally walked home, making it take 2 hours instead of 1.5. I'm starting to think the run to UPS is cursed regardless of the time of day. Especially since taking the bus from UPS to downtown is fine. Other than that it was fine. I really wanted to get out to Kroger to pick up my RX and get mores syringes for Tang since I'll run out before next Thursday, but it just seemed to much. So, I will not have a true "do nothing" Caturday; oh well I need a haircut anyway.

Theresa and Tang are well and have been good company even though I napped through most of the day (must be the weather) I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny quite blustery T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you continue to have transportation challenges. I remember so well in my younger years dependent on public transportation that walking was more reliable than the timing of the bus. So I can so very well relate to what you are going through. I'm sorry your and your precious fur tribe's Caturday will be "interrupted" by follow up errands you could not do yesterday. Hopefully you will be able to get done what you need to without delays - - including transportation - - so that you can get back home to your precious companions and enjoy most of the day together.

It's quite gusty breezy here today - - but the sunbeams are shining bright and cheery which is always nice. My precious Noah is doing well. As always about this time he begins letting me know that he is looking forward to his lunch, which I will fix for him as soon as I get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient (one can always hope) so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Glad to hear you both could enjoy sunbeams today smile.gif

We got hit right out of the gate at work. 100 in queue by 8:15 and almost 200 by 9:00 - stayed about 100 deep until about 5:00. My first 1 on 1 with the new sup is scheduled Sunday at 12:00, so looking forward to asking about my raise.

Going home my bus was only 10 minutes late - OH JOY, IMPROVEMENT! (insert sarcasm here) Theresa and Tang both greeted me as per usual on Friday. Both are well. Got to get up about 6:30 tomorrow to get my running done as early as possible. Kroger RX open at 8 and Great Clips at 9. I'm trying get as much of my Caturday in with the kids as possible.

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spiritis.

I hope your meeting with your new supervisor tomorrow goes well, my friend. Please let us know what happens. And I hope by now you have accomplished your errands so that you and your precious companions can enjoy most of this day together.

Today has been busy cleaning and vacuuming the basement living quarters' bathroom. Oh joy!!! I still have the shower to freshen up, but that will be another day for sure. This old body can take just so much scrubbing and then it's time to call it a day. So now I'm taking a brief rest as in a few minutes it will be time for me to get some lunch in my precious Noah's bowl - - which he is letting me know that he would appreciate it sooner than later. He is sooooo precious.

Once again, my friend, I hope you were able to get your errands done quickly without any transportation delays or irritations, that today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both well and were able to enjoy the sunbeams today. Thank you for the well wishes on my conference.

I left here about 7:20 and got home around 10:30 from my errands. I was wrong about the RX opening at 8, rather it opens at 9 on Saturdays. But I decided to have breakfast at Steak and Shake (they have many meals for around 4.00) before going over there so, I didn't have to wait too long for it. I picked up a few things in Kroger while I waited. I picked up my meds and Tang's syringes then went to get my hair cut. Being that it was still early, I didn't have to wait.

The bus leaving there was operated by an older gentleman who was prompt and courteous (a rarity for TARC) My timing was such that I was able to hook up with a UPS bus he rest of the way home. It was right on time and the driver also courteous (where are they hiding these people?)

Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided the usual companionship, although they were a bit bent out of shape this morning as I was getting ready to leave. Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your errands went well yesterday - - including your transportation. I am smiling at your description of your fur tribe's reaction to your departure. I can just hear them "daddy, just where do you think you're going? This is Caturday - - it's supposed to be OUR day with you. (Sigh) - - there he goes, out the door. Daddy - - we love you - - hurry back. We're here for you."

Not a lot going on here today, as Sundays are deliberately low key. My precious Noah is enjoying the warmth from the space heater in the kitchen area, as well as the plentiful sunbeams today.

Once again, my friend, I hope your meeting with your superivsor goes well today - - please let us know what happens. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you're both well, and I'm glad to hear you both could enjoy the sunbeams.

Work was busy as per usual lately and no VTO. They keep trying to get people to do OT with minor perks. I'm here to tell you from experience, it's not worth it. Not me, no thanks. The conference was much ado about nothing but at least he said he'd look into my raise. He seems nice enough I guess.

Travels home were reasonably on time and without incident. You're about spot on in your interpretation of Theresa and Tang's mood yesterday wink.gif But they got over it; not that they greeted me at the door this afternoon (par for the course) But a little while ago Tang sat half on the sofa arm and half on my shoulder. Then Theresa came to sit on my chest and I had purring in stereo wub.gif I could barely see the TV. I'll say that means both are well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny breezy warmish Monday greetings to you aand your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for sharing with us how your meeting went with your new supervisor. From what you describe it sounds like at least the meeting wasn't contentious - - and that's always good. And it sounds like this supervisor is not giving you the "evil eye" as your previous supervisor did. So that is also an improvement. I hope he will give you a "good" reply on the status of your pay raise. Please let us know what happens. As for the overtime - - if you're ever asked why you do not participate you can always say that doing so would seriously interfere with your transportation schedule - - and this is a legitimate concern for you.

I'm smiling at your comment about having "purring in stereo" with your precious Theresa and little Tang. What a loving tribute to you as their Forever Dad.

Needed to pay the last bill for the month online this morning, so I fired up the big desk top so that I could also do the security updates and scans. I am discovering that when I get the "hate window" that my Canon printer is not being recognized, I can turn on my HP printer, and the Canon will then print just as sweet as you please. Don't know why as the Canon is always designated the default printer. High technology - - go figure. Worked on Christmas cards as well, and hope to finish them up over the next couple of weeks or so. My precious Noah has been keeping me faithful company all through the activities, and is now settled next to me as I'm writing to you. Hopefully tomorrow the temps will be a bit warmer so that I can work outside with the ongoing leaf clean up. Am definitely NOT looking forward to the "polar express" temps later on this week, but am grateful that the homestead will miss the accompanying wintry frozen weather.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sorry to hear you had problems with your printer.

Today was a typical Monday with no relief in sight until after 5:00. Funny you should offer my transportation issues as a reason for no OT, because that's exactly what I told my sup when he asked. I'm gone almost 13 hours per day and that's when my bus is on time. As if to illustrate that point my UPS bus home was 25 minutes late. The mall bus ahead of him was only 7 minutes late, and the one after him right on time. They all come from the same part of town; can't tell me it's "traffic" When he picked me up he went at a snails pace and slowed down on purpose to hit every red light. If that's not running late on purpose, I don't know what is.

Theresa and Tang both anxiously greeted me at the door and are now running around like gibbons trying to compete for my attention (sigh) The bus drivers really don't care about the lives they mess up; as long as they keep getting their 21.00 per hour and union protection (but I digress) Both kids are well otherwise.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your travels are so frustrating. I so know and understand how frustrated you feel when you want / need to get someplace. The important thing is that you get home safely to your precious fur tribe.

Today has been another yard work day in the front yard. I got a lot done in 3.5 hours. The Toro vaccuum does not work very well on leaves dampened by the morning moisture, so for most of the job I had to rake and hand load the leaves into the basket the "old fashioned way." However, as the sun warmed the ground it also dried out the leaves so toward the last I was able to use the vacuum successfully which was welcome as by that time I was getting tired. I only did new areas today - - did not re-rake the area I previously did even though it is now once again covered with fallen leaves. I imagine when the wind turns blustery again over the next several days that what I accomplished today will also be re-carpeted in leaves. Was ever so glad to get my shower, and get some lunch for my precious Noah who is now resting comfortably in my lap as I'm writing to you.

Looks like the updates for Windows are ready to install so will get that done and then turn off this gizmo for the day. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy and chilly day greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sorry to hear the dampness forced the leaf gathering to have to be done "old school" but it sounds like it turned out OK in the end.

Work today was a mixed bag. Busy right off then it died. Then slammed late morning to lunch and it died until about 4:00 and didn't die off till just before 6:00. Had my review with the old sup and I made 3.12 and will get my raise - just don't know how much yet. But with it and the bonus again, it's looking up. The old sup said she "forgot" to put me in the spreadsheet for the new sup (yeah right)

Travels home were less than ideal with the bus running 10 minutes late, but this time a sup was on board with a clip board and check list. The down side of this was the driver seemed inhibited about making up his time (sigh) It's always something.

Theresa and Tang are well and eagerly greeted me at the door. Apparently they had company today as they came by to replace the mini blinds, put in a new curved shower rod (which provides extra room) and bolted down the loose side of the toilet (I didn't even report that) the new light fixtures will come later.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant breezy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like there's always "something" that your previous supervisor can find to not let you "free" from her. I know this continues to be a source of frustration for you. So, is this the last evaluation you will have to endure with her? Are you now "officially" transferred to your new supervisor? The good news is that you will get your raise and bonus, and for this I am very happy for you.

Sounds like you're getting some "home improvements" done, which is always nice - - gives a "fresh" feeling to the living space. Am glad your precious fur tribe does not get frightened about maintenance workers coming when you are not there.

Have done the Windows update installations on the big desk top and am running the security scan as well. The wind has picked up outside and, of course, the area I raked and cleaned yesterday is once more littered with new leaves. One could make yard maintenance here alone a daily job. My precious Noah is doing well. He is letting me know that it's definitely time to get some lunch to appear in his bowl, and will do that as soon as I get this posted to you.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cold day's greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sorry to hear all your hard work raking was for naught.

Work was quite busy with no real slow periods until 5. I have been assigned to the new sup since the move, but the old one had all the data for the review (as in the data she "forgot" to enter into the system) The new sup sent me a congrats email for getting 3.8 the first week of the new period - The 2nd highest on his team. Knock wood, I seem to be succeeding despite those who would wish otherwise.

My bus home tonight was only 3 minutes late - Improvement! Perhaps that sup on board last night did some good (not that I'm holding my breath) Only Tang greeted me at the door, but Theresa came around for can food and daddy hugs. Both are well and settling in.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you are now officially assigned to your new supervisor and hope this will continue to improve things for you in your current position as well as opportunities for other departments as you might wish to pursue.

Have been doing some work on the big desk top today with the HP printer. Was perking right along but then the HP decided to go "silent" / "offline" for no apparent reason, and by this time I was in no mood to try to figure out why. So I stopped doing what I was working on, saved it to file, and shut the whole system down. It was definitely time for me to throw in the towel anyway as it was time for Noah's lunch, and he comes first and foremost. He has had his lunch and mine is in its final stages on the stove warming.

I hope your errands today went smoothly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this day together - - and so that you will not have to go out come Caturday. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cold and windy day's greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Sorry to hear you had printer problems again. I hope it gets cleared up.

Laundry and errands went fine; I was home from the latter in under 2 hours and that included a stop at the Big Lots to get more of the natural senior dry food the kids like.

The rest of the day was pretty low key. Napping and cuddling with Theresa and Tang, which matched the overcast day. Both are doing well. Just one more work day until a true "do nothing" Caturday that I owe the little ones (and myself)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny crispy T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sooooo glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday in a timely manner so that you could get home to your precious fur tribe to enjoy most of the day together - - and so that you and your precious companions will have all of Caturday to enjoy together. YIPPPEEE !!!

Today I fired up the big desk top to resume my project, and the HP printer worked just fine, as did the Canon when I printed off my monthly bank statement to do the checkbook reconciliation this weekend. As "Hannibal" Smith would say in "The A-Team" - - "it's always nice when a plan comes together." Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know mine is ready now, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and clear Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you're both well. Glad to hear your printers are working properly again.

I didn't post last night because, yes once again I had to wait 40 minutes on a bus home last night. Plus I stopped at Shoe Carnival to try and get some new boots for the snow that may be coming. I found what I needed (albeit priced more than I wanted to pay) but could not find my size. After wasting 10 minutes trying to get someone to help me, she refused to look in the back for my size. The store next door practically wanted to strip search me because I had my backpack - needless to say, I walked out. I guess until I can find something on Amazon or get to Payless, I'll have to wrap my feet in plastic bags in my not so water tight boots.

I didn't get home until about 8:30 and was greeted at the door by a most impatient Theresa and Tang. Other than being disappointed, both are well. I then noticed my new light fixtures and the one in the hallway had a bulb burned out. I reached up to try to find some kind of release mechanism, and the whole the thing came off in my hand. It's now hanging by 2 wires (sigh) I'll call the office later to see if who ever is on call can come safely remove it to be fixed later, but I won't hold my breath.

That's my evening and day so far. How's yours?
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, frigid sunny Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So sorry about your attempts to find better boots. I certainly understand your frustration with the serious lack of customer service. I hope you are able to find something that meets your needs at a price that is more within your budget. I also hope the apartment maintenance worker will be able to quickly fix your light fixture. Please let us know how things go.

This morning I was able to finish up my computer project - - which is a relief. I now have the security scan program going through its paces on the big desk top, and when that is done I can shut the desk top down. It's only in the 30's here today, but even with the sunbeams the air doesn't feel very warm. I have turned the temp up on the space heaters which my precious Noah appreciates.

Looking at the clock it is time for me to get some lunch in my precious boy's bowl, so will get this off to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessing,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you were able to complete your computer projects.

I was able to go online today to a place called Academy Sports Outdoors which has stores opening here later this month. I got a pair of steel toed water tight rubber boots for 19.99 and free shipping; should be be here later in the week. The lady I spoke with at the call center to confirm my size was very pleasant too.

It's been an otherwise lazy day here with Theresa and Tang (whom are both doing well) I even got up extra early in order to give them attention and say "I'm not going anywhere today" which seemed to please them happy.gif But, it's back to the mines tomorrow (sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.