Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and hot TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad to hear you got your home repairs safely in order. And yes, what a bonus on the generator being able to power the whole house smile.gif Kudos to Noah for braving the strangers and standing his ground. What a good little man cat.

Today was not so good for me. I must have fallen asleep while watching TV in the bed last night, as when I rolled over to get up at my alarm, I felt and heard the crack of my glasses ohmy.gif They didn't break completely, but the fishing line that held the left lens in place snapped so I could not pop it back in. And I could not find my spares. So, somewhat panicked (since I'm fairly blind without them) I called my sup's cell to tell him I could not come in because I had to wait for Dr. Bizer's to open to get them fixed (if possible) By late morning I found my spares in an old PetSmart bag I don't carry anymore. Of course by then it was too late to do anything about the missed day in terms of travel. It will even out with the OT next week, but it won't be "extra" now (sigh) Why do these things always happen to me?

Yesterday the call center manager sent out an email that TWC wants to replace the FTE that recently quit. So it's being posted. I'm not holding my breath though. Of 6 contractors only 2 have been there less time than me. And it's all about who is best "liked" anyway. I'll post just the same though

Tang's ear looked a tad better when I cleaned it today. Almost no yellow gunk and very little blood. The mass itself is big and ugly, but it continues to scab over indicating a modicum of healing; and he's fussing with it less. (keeps fingers crossed)

I hope the day has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a good evening safe in the knowledge you are ready for a power outage (hopefully not needed) TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doings well and in good spirits.

So sorry about you glasses - - hope you were able to get them fixed. A few years ago I encountered a situation with a pair of my glasses - - thought they were safe in a soft case in my purse only to pull them out to use to find they had broken on the nose bridge - - and could not be repaired. Had to get a new set of specs - - frames and lenses. So, you're not alone, my friend.

I'm glad you're going to apply for the FTE position - - even though it may be a long shot. Remember - - even long shot horses sometimes end up in the winning circles. Please let us know how things go.

So glad to know that your precious little Tang's ear is looking better, and that he hasn't any intense itching episodes to drive him nuts scratching. You are doing the very best for your precious little boy, my friend - - and I know your precious Tang deeply and sincerely appreciates all your loving efforts on his behalf.

It has been a very delightful day here for my precious Noah and me - - very quiet and peaceful. Got the security scans and updates done my big desk top, and got my shower and washed my hair. I was just toooooooo tired yesterday after the contractors left and after getting everything put back in place that needed to be moved to accommodate the space the contractors needed to work. My precious little boy is snuggled on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you - - occasionally softly snoring, sucking his tongue, and twitching his paws, tail, and whiskers as he's dreaming.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make, so will get this off to you. I hope you were able to get your errands done quickly today, my friend, so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang could enjoy most of today together - - perhaps including some balcony time for your precious fur tribe. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I am so chuckling at Noah snoring, tongue and paw twitching whilst dreaming laugh.gif What a picture. Sorry to hear all the work with the contractors skewed your schedule yesterday, but now that it's all done you and Noah can relax.

I was going to schlep all the way out to Outer Loop to get my glasses fixed. But since I'd found my spares (which are in better shape than the regular pair it turns out) I decided to do my errands for today yesterday. This gave me a whole day where I truly didn't have to do anything or go anywhere. Since Theresa and Tang both have vet appointments next Sunday (Dr. Mills is working) and Dr. Bizer's is in the general area, I might do it then. For now, I'm going to make sure my good pair are in the hard case each night. BTW, I'll keep you posted on the FTE (still, not holding my breath)

Today was slow and relaxing. It was cool enough this morning to allow balcony time which was much enjoyed. Even now it's only 77. Theresa came to cuddle on my chest for a bit, and Tang by my head on the arm of the sofa; both at one point which was nice. Time now to minister to Tang and take care of food/water etc. I hope today was most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm soooo glad you and your precious fur tribe had a FULL relaxing day yesterday because you were able to get your errands done Friday. See - - sometimes "catastrophes" can lead to something "good" happening - - as in your being able to get your errands done so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang could enjoy ALL of yesterday together. Glad they were able to get some enjoyable balcony time, and that you and your fur tribe could also enjoy some quality cuddle time together.

Have been busy getting caught up on correspondence today. The MeTV channel is doing a tribute to the Clayton Moore The Lone Ranger series, so my precious Noah and I are enjoying watching the selected programs. Not much else happening except that I still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but not as warm as it has been Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah

Yes, I did try to see the "silver lining" of Friday. But the loss of income makes it kind of hard. Still, it was nice to have a whole day with the fur kids.

Lone Ranger huh? I remember watching that as a kid. I guess they're hyping the latest film. Having a hard time picturing Johnny Depp as Tonto though blink.gif But at least it's being produced by Disney. Enjoy the original my friend.

Not much happening here. Cuddled with the kittles and dozed off and on to a How the Universe Works marathon on the Science Channel. Trying not to think about the 12 hour day tomorrow. Still Ohio is already half TWC anyway and not very big (crosses fingers) Have already taken care of Tang and Theresa. Getting ready to vacuum and settle in. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, unexpected sunny Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Am so glad you and your precious fur tribe had a pleasant day yesterday. I know today is a marathon day for you at work. Hope you have secured a ride home this evening. I am so sorry that Friday's loss of income will impose a financial challenge for you, my friend.

Nothing exciting happening here today. Although the temps are in the pleasant low 80's the humidity is high, so Noah and I are just keeping the activity levels to a pleasant minimum. The shade of the trees helps to keep the basement living quarters comfortable, and my precious little boy is enjoying his after lunch nap to the cheerful lullaby of the birds nad woodland residents.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe, direct, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and sometimes rainy Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah. (Started out sunny though)

Glad to hear the weather is good out your way though, and that Noah can enjoy some sunbeams. Always glad to hear he is doing well.

Today has not been all that bad really. Slower than a "normal" Monday in fact. Perhaps our Ohio customers don't use our phones much (they were already TWC internet) OR they actually read their letters and set up their accounts and voice managers accordingly. Just had some customers getting fast busy that we had to balance their modems/account and reset them. All things being equal, I'll take it. I do have a ride home BTW. I also posted for the FTE, but didn't realize it starts a 48 hour clock to take the assessment. I'll try tomorrow, and the next day. If it expires, then so be it. I'm not sure I really want it to be honest. I emailed for an extension and got no response - big surprise dry.gif

Just under 2 more hours until it's over though, then home to the fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening.

TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad yesterday is over for you and that you're back to your normal schedule for the rest of the week. I hope you're able to apply for the vacancy, my friend. Please let us know how things go.

Once again not too much going on here today. Did pay the electric bill online. Noah has been keeping me faithful company and is now enjoying his after lunch nap cuddled next to me as I'm writing to you. Still have lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox after awhile.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear you both are doing well and are having some time to relax.

Yesterday I didn't get home until almost 9:00 last night as my ride was the person who always gets a call at the last minute; such is life I guess. At least I was able to get home to the kittles.

Today was not too bad. I put in an hour of OT this morning to add to the 3.5 I did yesterday. That didn't give me enough time for the FTE assessment. But I checked with the help desk link in the email and apparently 48 hours is the time I have to access it on the web portal. So tomorrow I will take the early bus in again and have 1.75 hours before my shift to complete it. I got a response from the call center manager who seemed not to know about the 48 hour time frame. So, I should be good to take it tomorrow morning before anybody gets in and it's nice and quiet. I'll let you know how it goes, but as I said I'm not holding my breath. But perhaps since it's going thru TWC corporate, the politics will be kept to a minimum. One can always hope.

Sunday I have an appointment for Theresa and Tang to see Dr. Mills. I'm going to see if I can get him to coach me on the tester and explore Tang's options on his ear. Mean time, he soldiers on; my good old Sgt. Tang.

Getting ready to head out on my trek homeward to them both. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, soggy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to submit your application today for the vacancy, and that you WILL be seriously considered for it, my friend. I know the travels to and from the job are not convenient, BUT getting the job would be a blessing to you - - as opposed to having to go the unemployment route and the worry of "will I / won't I get another job." I am hoping and praying that whatever is in your best interest will happen for you, my friend. Please let us know how things go.

I'm glad you will be able to get your precious companions in for a check up with Dr. Mills this weekend. Not snooping - - just hoping this will be covered by their medical plan you have with Banfield. And yes, I hope Dr. Mills will be able to give you some coaching on the meter, too, to help you feel more confident in using it to help keep a better track of your precious Tang's insulin. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

Not much going on here today. It has been another steady rainy day here with temps only in the 70's - - a very welcome relief compared to this time last year when we were sizzling under triple digit daytime temps with triple digit heat indicies and "cooling off" at night to the upper 70's - - under the labor of a massive power outage. I'll take the rain and cooler temps over that anytime. Got the electric bill and was happy to see that I only needed to pay the standard monthly budget payment this month - - and did not get any notices that my payment was being increased, thank goodness. I guess paying a little extra the last couple of months has "paid off." Still have July and August to get through in terms of "high usage" for any days that include the running of the AC unit for the upstairs. AND - - this afternoon the generator automatically ran through its weekly "system charge" apparently without any problems. I must confess I am still a bit uneasy with it because of the very close call I went through with the last generator almost setting the house on fire, but I'm hoping I will eventually get used to the new generator and the memory of "what almost happened" will begin to ease.

My precious Noah is curled up next to me taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. Once in awhile there will be a soft snore, or a little twitch of his paws, tail, and whiskers, and a little sucking of his tongue. He is soooo precious - - I do so enjoy sharing his company.

I know tomorrow you will have to go into work and are faced with the trials of "holiday" transportation schedules. I hope your travels will not be too inconvenient for you, my friend. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Good morning moon_beam. Rainy July 4th greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I didn't post yesterday because I got stuck on a call (sigh) Thank you for the well wishes for Theresa and Tang. The comprehensive and any shots they may need are covered in their plans. I got the reminder call the other day. I'm taking them both because Dr. Mills will be there, and I frankly can't afford separate cab trips. I also hope Dr. Mills can give me some guidance with Tang.

I was able to take the online assessment well before my shift started. I'm not sure how I did, and I'm not going to fret about it. My luck they'll give to one of the temps they just hired even though the manager said in a meeting the they were hired with expectations that they ARE temp.

I'm glad to hear the weather has been kind over all to you and Noah and that your electric bill budget didn't go up too much. I have about 8 more hours here (I hope it's slow as is typical for a holiday) I got soaked coming in and likely will going home. It's not storming, it's that steady constant kind of rain that stays around all day huh.gif

I hope this holiday is kind to you and Noah and that you both had a pleasant evening yesterday. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and a happy 4th of July to you and your fur kids. I know you have to work, but hopefully you'll get home quickly and have some time to enjoy with Tang and Teresa. After a few days of rain we've got plenty of sunshine today! My girls are enjoying some window time together.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom. Happy 4th to you Mindy and Shelley as well.

Unfortunately there will be no getting home quickly as my express bus does not run today. So I have to do like I did when I worked on Saturdays. IF both buses are on time I'll get home around 8 - and I get off at 5. But that's only about 20 minutes later than a regular weekday. Glad to hear you and the girls are getting some sunshine. I think your rain came our way though sad.gif

Wishing you and your girls a great holiday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Star Spangled greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that you got drenched on your way into work this morning, and hope there will be a break in the rain this evening at least long enough for your travels home to be drier. I have looked at the national radar and it does seem that the swath of rain streaming up from the Gulf is headed more in your direction than eastward. Sorry.

So glad you were able to get your application posted for the position. Yeah, I know - - no guarantees - - you can only do what you can do. The good news is that you HAVE done what you can do by tossing your hat into the ring to be considered for the position - - and I'm hoping that this will turn out to offer you a positive alternative to having to go through another unemployment experience. Please let us know how things go.

We have had periods of rain today, with brief periods of sunbeams for Noah to enjoy. The humidity is up along with the temps - - in the mid 80's today, but Noah and I are still enjoying having the big door open and gated for fresh air and the beautiful chorus of the woodland residents.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient - - and hopefully dry - - so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Happy Independence Day greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Yeah, it looks like the rain is going to stay with us through my trek home (sigh) That's life I guess. It would be nice to have a ride home, but that does not seem to be in the cards. Thank you for your well wishes in the job area. I'll keep you posted. Right now I'm taking the "set it and forget it" approach to it. I did what I was supposed to do.

I'm glad Noah was at least able to enjoy some periods of sunbeams today. Just over 2 more hours to go before I can begin my epic trek home to the kittles. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very pleasant evening. TTFN

TT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Fourth to you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! Rain, rain, rain...we're under a flash flood warning right now. I'm glad we live on higher ground now. It did stop raining about an hour ago so I could feed the birds.

We have a light yellow cat that comes around sometimes. I named him Sunny. Also a beautiful snow white cat has been coming by to eat. It looks like a young cat and is kind of slim. It runs when it sees us. I'm glad we can still help the little strays and of course the raccoons.

I hope your furbabies get a good checkup and that Tang's ear gets better. Give them a special pat for me. Have a cozy and peaceful evening with the furbabies. I hope the fireworks noise doesn't scare them.....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey and happy 4th to you too.

Rain is right. And I got it coming and going today. Although it breaks my heart to know there are homeless kitties out there, I am glad you are there to provide for them. I hope the "newbies" are able to take every advantage of your kindhearted assistance. I hope you have a pleasant evening and that Mickey and White Collar send you many white butterflies. Take care.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your travels home yesterday were soggy and sloshy -- that truly is no fun. But I know your precious fur tribe was very happy to have you home safe and sound.

The owner of the electrical business that installed the generator stopped by this morning to introduce himself and to make sure that everything is okay from the installation. That was very kind of him. I am really impressed with how this company has been so far.

Noah and I are keeping a low profile today because of the humidity. There are chores that need to be done outside - - mowing and work on the tree that fell - - but it is far too humid outside for me to work. The ground also needs to dry out a bit as it is very saturated from all the rain. Noah is taking his afternoon after lunch nap stretched out next to me as I'm writing to you.

This weekend is going to be a busy one for you - - tomorrow being errand day and Sunday taking your precious Theresa and little Tang in for their check ups. Still I hope the weekend will be a good one for you and your precious companions.

But you still have a couple of hours to go at work, and I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and sometimes rainy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah as well.

I agree with your assessment that it's too humid to work outside my friend; it will keep I'm sure. It's nice that the man came around to check on the generator. That's very good (and practically unheard of) customer service. I'm glad it's working out for you.

Yes, it will be a busy weekend, but gotta do what I gotta do. I spoke with Dr. Mills today and he said he has never gotten consistent results from home testers. So much for that I guess (sigh) So, we moved on to talking about Tang's ear. He asked how he was doing on the insulin, and I said pretty good. Less water drinking and peeing for the most part. He said if his numbers look good enough after I bring him in a few hours after his first insulin shot, he will perform what is called a debulking on the mass. It's not as invasive as a full extraction, and what was done just before I got him. That was good for over a year by my estimate. Keeping my fingers crossed. I asked about the cost quote from before (160.00) and he said that sounds about right. Of course this meant taking out another loan (albert a much smaller one) for ends to meet and do the procedure unsure.gif That's life I guess.

As for my own health, I had had to beg and plead to get my meds refilled w/o an office visit. And wouldn't you know it? The Dr. only had them fill it for 30 days rather than the traditional 90. So, unless I get hired inside 30 days, I'm going to have to fork over funds for KFORCE insurance long enough to get an office visit (sigh) I'd ask what next, but I'm afraid to.

Getting ready to pack up and head home to the kitties. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Cat-urday to you and your fur kids! I hope all goes well with the vet visit today. It seems Tang and Teresa will be in good hands with Dr. Mills. I'm sure whatever the vet can do for Tang's ear will help him a lot. It is hot and humid here today so me and the girls are staying indoors. Hopefully you'll still have a lot left of your day when you get home with the kitties.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I hope you were able to get your errands finished early this morning so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of today together. From the look at the national radar it looks like you will be receiving a good deal of the rain that is streaming up from the Gulf coast. I hope you did not get drenched during your errands.

It has been a quiet day here. Haven't opened the big door yet today - - it seems cooler without it opened with the humidity, which as I just checked it has significantly lowered since earlier this morning. My precious Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying the sunbeams through the west windows. Added more free programs to my Amazon kPrime streaming - - one of them being the Mission Impossible series. I really liked the theme music to M I, too. Just finished watching all the seasons of Peter Gunn on HuluPlus - - enjoyed watching each of the programs - - and also liked the theme music.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom and happy Caturday to you Mindy and Shelley.

The vet appointment is actually tomorrow because Dr. Mills does not come to the facility in my area on Saturdays and I wanted him for Tang's ear issue. Dr. Harris had said in the past she isn't comfortable doing the debulking (assuming his BG cooperates) So today was just standard errands. But you are right, what ever we can do both he and Theresa will be in good hands.

I hope today has been kind to you and your girls, and that you all have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Happy Caurday to you and your precious Noah.

It sprinkled off and on during my errands, but I didn't get too wet. Started out at 10:30 and was home by noon. When I did get home, it wasn't raining so I let the kids out for some balcony time. This time of year we don't get to do that a lot.

Tomorrow is their vet appointment, wish us luck. Sounds like you got some nice goodies from your Hulu/Amazon accounts. An interesting note is that many years ago when I was figure skating we did a Blues Brothers themed routine to the Peter Gunn theme; it was fun.

Not much going on here today. Getting ready to tend to Tang's need, then food/water/litter duties. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday evening to you and furbabies. We had lots of rain today but not too heavy. I don't think they expect the Ky. River to flood. They built a flood wall, but some areas still get flooded.

You figure skated?..Cool!.....Speaking of old theme songs and TV series. We watch the old Columbo series on MeTV on Sun. nights. We probably have seen them all, but they are still interesting. And who can remember everything anyway.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow that Tang and Theresa will get good health reports and that Tang's ear can be helped......Have a peaceful and cozy evening with your babies......God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

Glad to hear you didn't get washed away. Yes I did ice dancing through the 1983/84 qualifying competition season. Would have made nationals but one judge gave us a 6th killing our 3rd place tie mad.gif

I remember Columbo (and all the other Sunday Night Mystery Movies) Mystery Science Theater used to parody all of the 70s Quin Martin shows. Plus I seem to remember they showed you who did it in the beginning, then you had to figure out how it all got there. Maybe that's where I picked up the habit of reading the last page of books first wink.gif

Thank for the well wishes for Theresa and especially Tang. Hope you have a wonderful day TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello all my LS friends.

I am happy to report both Theresa and Tang have clean bills of health. Tang's BG was at 220 and he came through the debulking surgery like a trooper; that's my Sgt. Tang wub.gif

I asked Dr. Mills about some kind of installments on the quoted fee of 160.00 of the surgery. He could not do that BUT he "left some things off" the invoice and got it down to 117.83 - and that included a bottle of Tresiderm. It looks SO much better. Dr. Mills advised locking him up in the bathroom as he may drain out for a few hours and shaking his head could get messy. So far, it's not draining very much at all and his last few head shakes didn't produce anything. If I have to clean up a mess here and there, so be it. My baby is better and that's all I care about. I'm keeping a close eye on him as he walks around trying to reorient his balance to not having that big nasty thing in his ear anymore. He's not supposed to have any food for a few hours, so I had to pick up the food bowls off the floor. And I'm not supposed to clean or do drops for 48 hours. It's a big weight off both id us.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, maybe stormy greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I am looking forward to knowing how their check ups went today.

Glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday in a timely fashion and that your precious fur tribe was able to enjoy some balcony time. I assume the aerialist Tang behaved himself.

Not much going on here today. My precious Noah is curled up next to me taking his afternoon after lunch nap. I have a fan running today to help keep the cool are circulating as the prolonged humidity is beginning to be felt here in the basement living quarters. I just don't want to turn on that AC yet.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it looks like we were posting close to each other -- so didn't see your news about how your precious Theresa and little Tang did for their check ups until after I posted.

I'm SOOOOO GLAD to share your news that your precious Tang is recovering nicely from the procedure on his ear, and hope that this will provide the both of you some welcome relief for a very long time. There is no question that he is in the best of care of his Forever Dad and his sister Theresa to help him through his recovery.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam.

I wanted to mention something kind of cute that happened at the vet's . When we were taken into the exam room, the nurse decided to start with Theresa who was SO scared. The nurse eventually won her over and got purrs and shoulder hugs. But not before she literally threw her body over Tang's carrier and would not budge. I was like she was trying to "protect" her little bother. It was so cute wub.gif

Had to put the damage on debit since their system wouldn't take my check ohmy.gif I'm just glad there was enough available to do that and the cab up and back because my smaller loan won't deposit until tomorrow at the earliest. Which is a bummer in it's own right. Apparently they do personal AND payday loans now. And I unwittingly took the former that has lower/longer payback schedule but the overall fee is higher (sigh) They offered to let it pay out with just the 47.00 fee but that would not have done me any good toward paying my rent this next weekend. Live and learn I guess. Both my babies are healthy and that's worth celebrating.

I hope today has been kind to you and your precious Noah. And that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I just had to stop here first after I got on the computer to see how Tang and Theresa were doing. I'm soooo happy that Tang got through his surgery okay and also that was good that Dr. Mills cut back the bill a little. I'm glad little Theresa got a clean bill of health too. That was so cute what she did, like trying to protect her brother.

I hope Tang's recovery goes well......... I know Sir Tom and his guardian angels were protecting you and furbabies today........Tang and Theresa are blessed to have you as their "forever dad".....You all are in my thoughts and prayers..Have a peaceful and cozy evening with the babies......God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you so much, LoveMyMickey, for checking in.

Yes me and the nurse both thought what Theresa did was adorable wub.gif "I'll protect you little brother" laugh.gif

I'm glad it at went well. Tang is trying get his balance settled again, but is otherwise doing quite well. Theresa gave him a complete "sniff over" and seemed satisfied he was OK.

I hope you have a wonderful day smile.gif TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm humid Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I agree with you and LoveMyMickey and the nurse about Theresa - - "don't worry, brother, I won't let them get you!!" How so very precious. And checking out Tang's ear when they got home to make sure that it was okay - - what a great sister!!

The big news for today is that I finally have a tree contractor arranged to come next week to take down the many pine trees that are in danger of falling - - 13 trees total. It's going to be a BIG job - - at least 2 full days - - but the good news is that once these trees are felled hopefully I won't have any further need for their services for quite awhile - - unless a super mega wind or ice storm comes through and tosses the remaining trees into the road - - or blows them onto the house. I started making calls this morning and received the same old story I got 3 weeks ago - - so I started calling other contractors and one came out early this afternoon. He and his workers are licensed, bonded, and insured, and members of the Better Business Bureau - - so I guess this company is as good as all the others I have contacted. He said that he tries to accommodate customers with earlier service when it is obvious that the trees are in jeopardy of falling and creating a serious hazard - - which most of the 13 trees qualify for. So - - this is why he has scheduled me for next week. I must confess this does take a growing concern off my mind.

Finally bit the bullet and turned on the AC to the upstairs unit this morning. It was time as the upstairs was becoming very stale as I do not have any of the windows opened upstairs for ventilation. Cool air sinks and the humidity in the basement living quarters is beginning to become more comfortable. If the humidity breaks like it is forecasted to do this coming weekend perhaps I can turn off the AC for awhile.

Noah is enjoying his afternoon nap curled up next to me as I'm writing to you. The good news about the tree contractors is that the workers will not have to come inside the house - - thus invading Noah's domain.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah as well.

For 2 kitties that don't seem to get along very well (at least when I'm looking) Theresa and Tang always seem to be there for each other in a pinch. Perhaps my "You two are all each other has when I'm not here, you know" speech is sinking in? In any case, it's a load off my mind that they both have clean bills of health and poor Tang has some normalcy restored to his ear. I'm not supposed to do a thing with it until tomorrow evening, to which I'm sure he's glad. But each time I have put him in the sink for his insulin, he suspiciously looks at me as if to say "OK, what about the other thing?" Then he scampers off.

I'm glad to hear you have been able to get your tree situation worked out with a reputable contractor. As you say, a big load off for you. I hear you on the AC. I have central and keep it at 77 in the hot month; 76 in short bursts. Raising it to that level has really saved on my power bills. Glad to hear Noah is well, and that his domain will not be "invaded".

I hope today has been kind to you both and that you have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, broken record humid greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits this Tuesday afternoon.

I am so chuckling about your precious Tang scampering off - - not waiting too long for you to give him a "wait a minute, little one - - we're not done yet" response. Anyone who says that our companions don't communicate with us has never had the blessing of sharing their lives with a precious companion(s). While we cannot communicate with them in a common language - - if we really pay attention to them they DO have ways of letting us know what is on their minds.

I hope your resuming your additional "nursing" care this evening with his ear will go smoothly. I look forward to knowing how things go.

This morning I had a "technical glitch" to deal with concerning my MagicJack phone - - I had no connection. So, I bravely unplugged the ethernet cord from the router and plugged it back in, then unplugged the unit from the outlet and plugged it back in, and then turned off the router for about 30 seconds and turned it back on and voila - - got my phone back. This is the first time my MJ has stopped working - - even with the internet service working. Glad I was able to get it back to working okay. It's nice only paying $32 a year for unlimited local and long distance calls and voice mail - - as opposed to over $50 a month for very limited land line service that is up to the hilt with fees and taxes and surcharges. Just don't have the funds for that nonsense anymore. Looked into "bundling" phone service with my internet provider - - that was even WORSE than what I was paying for the land line provider.

Noah is doing well. He is enjoying his after lunch nap stretched out next to me as I'm writing to you. This afternoon I called the optician who is making my new glasses and apparently they are having to re-do the lenses because "something" happened to the first set of lenses. The office rep said she would check on the status of how things are going with the "new" set of lenses and will call me tomorrow or Thursday to let me know what the status is.

So this is the latest here. Soon I will need to make a trek to the mailbox. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

It's true those who don't know the joy of having fur kids do not understand that they truly communicate with us in their own way. They are both quite vocal when they want food or attention. I too hope all goes well with Tang's restart of his daily/nightly ear regiment. I'm going to try to be as passive as I can to start as he's still a bit twitchy. When I first got him, he'd had time to fully heal from the original surgery. I'll keep you posted. Thank for the well wishes.

Sorry to hear about your MJ, but glad you could fix it yourself. Honestly I have not heard a whole lot of good things about it. But, if it works for you and saves you money, good deal I say. Sorry to hear about your glasses and hope they get that corrected ASAP. Always glad to hear Noah is doing well, bless his heart. I hope he's getting plenty of sunbeams and interesting sights.

Getting ready to pack up and head on out on my trek homeward to the kittles. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, another humid afternoon greeting to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm wondering how things went yesterday evening when you and your precious Tang did your evening health care rituals - - this time including his ear. I hope all went well - - and know that, even if your precious little boy did not appreciate the event at the time, you know he is so very grateful to have you for his "Forever Dad" - - for love overcomes all things - - including the momentary differences.

Got an early start to the day this morning with grocery shopping and stopping by the pharmacy to pick up a renewed prescription. Items on the grocery list included replenishing some treats for my precious little boy. I have very dry skin on my elbows and OTC lotions just don't help with the scaling and flaking. So I need to use a prescription lotion from time to time to help soothe the roughness. Glad I did get an early start because by the time I got home around 10 a.m. the humidity was stifling outside. I'm glad I turned on the upstairs AC unit on Monday - - Noah is definitely more comfortable as I imagine he would be having to wear a fur coat in this weather. My precious little boy was very glad to see me when I got home.

Yeah, I know what you mean about some folks not liking MagicJack. I read many of the complaints about it as well as the comments from people who found it to be useful alternative. Being very cautious about technology to begin with, I purchased it and installed it and used it for awhile BEFORE I actually canceled my hard wire land line service. When I saw that it would actually work for me, then is when I canceled my land line service - - and haven't regretted it at all. Yesterday was the first time that I had any "glitches" with it in 3 years, and I was very, very glad that it was simply a matter of re-setting the ethernet cord. I have researched other similar VOIP services but so far I haven't found anything yet that would lead me to change from MagicJack.

Nothing much else going on an am enjoying my precious Noah's company cuddled next to me as I'm writing to you. He has had his lunch and is listening to the local PBS' program on Abraham Lincoln with me. It would be interesting to know what he thinks about it.

The week is almost half way over for you - - just two more days to get through until another weekend. Have you heard anything from your application for the full time job yet? I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah with T-Storms rolling through here that seems to have abated - for the moment.

Glad you got your errands done early and sorry to hear about the dry skin. I hope you can get some lotion that helps. So, does Noah actually watch the TV too? Theresa does that and it's adorable.

Thank you for asking after Tang. It went pretty well all considered. All I got out of his ear is what appeared to be died blood from the surgery drain out. And even that was not near as bad as Dr. Mills was anticipating. I had to stay away from a tiny spot that looked like he may have scratched it; hoping it will scab over. He didn't give me too much trouble though. Funny thing, going back to they understand what we say, when he started to scratch I just said "Benadryl". That stopped him in his tracks. rolleyes.gif He and Theresa have both been sleeping in the bed with me at different points throughout the night, which is nice.

No, I have not heard anything about the job. But I will tell you something I do that makes me feel better. Every time one of the FTEs comes over to ask the same procedural question (for the tenth time) that I know the answer to, I pipe up. The FTE will glare at me, but the sup does not refute my answer either happy.gif

Getting ready to pack up and start my trek home; hoping to avoid any more storms. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, more humid greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang on this Thursday afternoon from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to know that your and your precious Tang's "procedures" went well. I'm so smiling at your code word "Benadryl" with him - - ABSOLUTELY your precious Tang understands what you say to him, and I am so chuckling at him stopping the scratching at the mention of the word. It may not always work - - depending on how much his ear is itching - - but if he does continue scratching at least you will know he will be telling you "dad, I need some Benadryl."

Congratulations to you on your method of being a consultant for the full time employees who don't know what they're doing. I am sooo hoping you will be on the top of the list of candidates for the vacancy, my friend. It is sooooo time that you have a more permanent job. While it may not be the most ideal situation, it could provide you some stability until you could find a better position elsewhere - - without having to go the unemployment route again. Please let us know how things go.

Got the security updates and scan done on the big desk top today. The desk top is definitely slowing down but I still prefer XP Pro for major projects as opposed to W7. I woke up this morning to my precious Noah snuggled next to me. I share your sentiment so much about my precious Noah when you share with me about your precious Theresa and little Tang: "He and Theresa have both been sleeping in the bed with me at different points throughout the night, which is nice." - - It is very nice indeed.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make after awhile. Tuesday evening when I went to get the mail there was a little rabbit in the front yard feasting on the clover. As I walked to the mailbox I took the long route through the yard that brought me out closer to the road, and the rabbit seemed to be okay with that. I took the same long route back but unfortunately this time the little bunny didn't think the distance was far enough so he ran under the fence at the upper end of the property at the garage into the back yard and disappeared from there.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear you got your security updates and that Noah is well. Yes, Tang is quite a character as is his big sis Theresa. They got into a rousing game of "chase me" last night that was just too cute wub.gif Tang has been even more affectionate than usual since the surgery. It's like he's saying "Oh, THANK you dad for getting that awful hurty out of my ear"

What an adorable mental picture I'm getting of the cute bunny rabbit. I've seen a few in my area. I'm not sure if they are wild or had been bought as gifts and then "disposed" of. The latter breaks my heart and angers me at the same time.

Yes, it's interesting to be able to answer more questions than I am asking. The one good thing about the migration, is that it's leveled the playing field. Whether or not that will translate to permanent employment remains to be seen. dry.gif I'll keep you posted though.

Getting ready to pack up for my trek home. Four down, and one to go. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine getting the growth in his ear minimized must feel much better, and it is so heartwarming to share your news on how well your precious little Tang is recovering and showing you how much he appreciates everything you do for him.

Haven't seen the sun today for the cloud cover - - my precious Noah has been going to the windows looking outside and shaking his head in dismay and disgust. Things are not forecasted to improve much until maybe Sunday. I'm hoping there will be enough of a break in the rain come Monday so that I can mow the front yard - - before the next onslaught of rain begins.

Just a couple of more hours to go as I'm writing you, more or less, until you are able begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, breezy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sorry to hear you and he have no sunbeams today sad.gif Bless his heart, shaking his head in dismay. I hope good weather returns soon.

Speaking if kitties shaking heads, Tang has been doing that a bit more since the surgery. And it makes a weird flappy noise (like a dog) I guess he's still getting used to the new balance of having that mass gone, bless his heart. But overall, his recovery seems to be going well enough. Theresa still keeps a big sisterly eye on him.

Today has not been too bad at work. Just about another hour to go until TGIF kicks in to Caturday Eve. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah (weather not withstanding) and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Happy Cat-urday to you and your fur kids! smile.gif I am glad that Tang is doing well after his surgery. Poor little guy...I hope he won't be scratching his ear so much now. It's good that Theresa keeps an eye on him. I hope you and your fur kids have a nice and relaxing weekend. It is real muggy and hot here today. We had a thunderstorm this morning which sent Shelley into hiding again. My girls happily shared a window seat, but then Shelley began moving around too much and so Mindy gave her some gentle bites on the back to set her straight! They are so funny together.
Tom's Dad
Happy Caturday to you, Mindy and Shelley as well Dannysmom

I understand about the thunderstorms. To this day Tang is terrified of them considering he was abandoned in one. He is doing very well after the surgery, thanks for asking after him. A bit hot here too which was made worse by my bus passing me up (on purpose) going home from the store leaving me to walk with all my stuff home.

Smiling at Mindy nipping at Shelley to "settle down" Thank you for sharing. I hope you all have a wondeful day and evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hipe this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your travels home from your errands was so hard. What a lousy thing to happen - - your bus not stopping to pick you up. Sounds like it's time to give a "review" - - or complaint - - of bus service online at the company website. The good news is that you DID get home, and now hopefully you and your precious companions have been, and continue to, enjoy this day together.

This morning I decided it was time to mow the front yard. It was cloudy foggy and humid when I started around 8 a.m., and continued to be so when I finished around 10:30 - - which included stopping a few minutes to move a large limb that had been blown down into my mowing path from the storm a month ago, having a 10 minute time out in the garage when the mower ran out of gas, and then after I finally got the mowing done taking 5 minutes to wearily and unsuccessfully whack out three pine tree sapplings that have sprouted at the street which are blocking my line of sight on the road making it dangerous for me to pull out on the road. I at least got them whacked enough so that they are now leaning down on the ground instead of standing straight up. When I go to get the mail I may take my hand saw and try to finish the job.

Noah kept me company as I took my shower, and has been staying close to me all afternoon - - which I do so enjoy his most pleasant company. The PBS station here is showing a program on the Lewis and Clark expedition. Noah likes programs like these, as do I. So he settled down on the bed after his lunch and fell asleep during the program. So I stretched out next to him and ended up taking a nap next to him - - woke up as the program was ending. Oh well - - at some point in time it will be repeated. It is a very interesting program, and hope to be able to see it all the way through sometime.

The sun has made an appearance as I'm writing to you - - which is nice. The ground is really soggy and needs a chance to dry out a bit.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Oh, I called TARC and gave them an earful. You see I didn't used to be able to take the bus to and from the Save-a-Lot on Saturdays until the route change that now brings it down my way due to it going all the way to the UPS by the airport. I caught it going in just fine. But as I patiently waited to take it back, the driver just pointed up to her sign (Fern Valley/UPS) and kept going even though I was yelling and waving my hands. I suppose one of the other people standing there could have waved her on because they were going to the mall. But she still should have stopped when she saw me freaking out. But that's what these Fern Valley drivers do when they are running late. They assume people want the mall bus and pass them right up. I mentioned that too. I don't care what union they are in. In my opinion if it's determined that a driver passes someone up on purpose (assuming it's not a crazy person safety issue) they should be terminated on the spot. It's inexcusable mad.gif 21.00 per hour, indeed!

Sounds like you had quite a work out in the yard today, my friend. Sorry to hear about the trees, but at least you cleared your view some. You mention Noah liking that type of programming. I asked once, but don't recall an answer. Does he actually watch TV? I'm glad to hear he is well as always and that he keeps you company as you work, that's nice. Getting ready to take care of the kitty duties and settle in for the evening. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits, and enjoying this day together.

Glad you called TARC and let them know what happened, and hope you don't have to go through this again anytime soon.

Sorry about not answering your previous question about my precious Noah's TV program preferences - - must have forgotten to include that. Yes, Noah does enjoy watching TV with me. He likes nature programs the best, and the program on Lewis and Clark was very visually nature with calm music in the background. The narrator's voice was also very pleasant - - not monotone like some voices are. He also likes watching MacGyver and ST Enterprise and Sea Patrol.

The sun has been shining for most of today and my precious little boy is enjoying the sunbeams as am I. This week is supposed to be warm with temps in the upper 80's and low chances of rain, so I'm hoping this will enable the tree contractor to come to take down those 13 trees. When I went out to get the mail yesterday I did take my hand saw and was able to remove those three saplings. There is another one that also needs to be removed but that will need to wait for another day. In yesterday's mail I finally got the bill from the propane company for the installation of the tank. I haven't opened it yet but will do that tomorrow, as I may need to get a check in the mail this week for that. I also got my bank statement printed off yesterday afternoon so I will be working on the checkbook balance-a-thon this week in preparation for the bill-a-thon for August.

Noah is curled up next to me taking his after lunch afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. Still need to do the lunch dishes.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and hot (91) Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

That is so cute about Noah watching TV. I can see why he likes nature programs, and he obviously has taste if he like ST Enterprise wink.gif I'm betting it's Captain Archer's beagle Porthose that's the draw. Theresa used to watch TV (and the computer) when I first got her, but she does not do it much anymore. Glad to hear you got some of the trees out of your way, too bad the saplings could not take root somewhere more appropriate. Also glad to hear Noah is getting sunbeams to bask in.

Today laundry went fine, no others in the room. They recently put in hard wood floors, and while beautiful, not a good choice for a laundry room with all that potential for flooding. While clothes were drying, I allowed for balcony time in the semi cool breezy air which seemed to be enjoyed. During that time I put out some cat food behind the dumpster and caught a glimpse of a pretty dark gray kitty I've taken to calling Smokey. Such a sad thing to see the poor little waifs. I give them some food, but what they really need is love and a forever home sad.gif It's just not right. I've been thinking of giving Alley Cat Advocates a call to see if they could help.

The rest of the day was spent lazily on the sofa with Theresa and Tang coming and going. It's back to the pit tomorrow to start the process all over again (sigh) Time to take care of kitty duties (Tang's ear is doing very well still) I hope today has been most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your precious Tang's ear is continuing to do well since his surgery, and that your precious fur tribe were able to enjoy some balcony time yesterday. I know they appreciated the opportunity to get some fresh air in their lungs.

I agree that hardwood floors in a laundry area is not the first choice - - but now there are so many different types of hardwood flooring available for different living areas. Hopefully management has chosen the hardwood flooring appropriate for the laundry room - - since they are using YOUR rent money, along with the other renters, to make this "home improvement."

It's always worth a try contacting the Alley Cat Advocates to see if they can help the homeless waifs in your area. I know how much of a heartache it is for you to see these little ones homeless and defenseless and unloved by a Forever Mom and/or Dad. Please let us know what you hear from ACA.

Today has been a bit of a challenging one. I worked on the checkbook reconciling it with the bank statement - - which took quite awhile. I did find a bank error with one of the checks I wrote to Kroger - - the amount on the check was accurate but whoever keyed it into my account shorted the payment by 51 cents. So I called the bank and supposedly a "correction" will be included on my next statement. Meanwhile, the next time I'm out doing errands I will need to stop by Kroger and show them the discrepancy and make sure they were actually paid the full amount - - if not, then I will need to give them the outstanding 51 cents.

Called the optometrist - - still waiting for my glasses to arrive - - perhaps by Friday at this point. Called the contractor who will fix the vinyl siding - - should be able to come sometime next week to get that job done. Life is chugging along.

After struggling with the bank statement and check book for quite awhile my precious Noah decided I had been working on it long enough and started to let me know I should put it aside for awhile. The comfort of his presence helped me to FINALLY get a matching figure - - thank goodness - - and by that time I had already been working on it for about 3 hours - - including making the telephone call to the bank and holding to speak to a LIVE customer rep.

The good news is that my precious Noah has had his lunch and is now settled on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

If all you got was a .51 error balancing your account, then I'd say you are doing a far better job than I with such things. Glad you got it straightened out with Noah's help wink.gif I hope you get some positive movement in getting your glasses and siding repair.

Yes, it does break my heart to see these poor little waifs. I try to let them know I care if nobody else does, but they always get scared and run away (can't blame them) Somehow, though, I think I'd feel worse if they did let me approach them knowing there is nothing I can do aside from leaving food out.

Today was another fairly slow one at work. This after a slow Friday. Makes me wonder if something is up huh.gif I had to check with KFORCE recently about getting SRC/AETNA insurance even though it's not very good (it has dropped about 5.00 per week since I last checked though) My Dr. only gave me a 30 RX for the gout prevention and blood pressure meds since it's been over 6 month since I've been in. If she'd done the usual 90 day I could have had some breathing room. Now I have to pay too much for insurance, get at least a 1/2 day off work to go to the Dr. (more lost money) just to get my 4.00 generic meds that I don't need insurance for. I'm looking into herbal alternatives in the mean time (sigh) It's always something.

Tang continues to do well though, so that's a plus. And Theresa is ever my vigilant scratching tattletale wink.gif But there has not been much of that lately. Not much else going on. Time to pack up and head homeward to the fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can so relate to your lament when you share with us: "It's always something." If it's feasible you may want to talk to your pharmacist for OTC alternatives for your meds. I hope you're able to find a suitable alternative until you are able to get your prescriptions renewed. Since the meds you are on are controlled substances, there is a law that requires your doctor to have a "face to face" with you at regular intervals before automatically renewing prescriptions. I know this is a royal inconvenience for you, but it is also for the protection of both you and your doctor.

Today has been less stressful - - thank goodness. Did a couple loads of laundry and started working on the overflowing shred box. Got about 1/4 of the box put through the shredder until it stopped to cool down - - it's an automatic stop instead of the motor blowing a fuse. Noah wasn't interested much in keeping me company while I worked on the shredding project, so he went upstairs for awhile. When he heard the shredder stop, he raced back downstairs and immediately began letting me know it was time to stop and pay attention to him - - which is a "no brainer." He helped me take the first load of dry clothes out of the dryer and put the second load in, and kept earnest vigil while I started putting lunch on the stove knowing that there would be some niblets in his bowl soon. His tummy now content he is upstairs enjoying the sunbeams through the west windows. PBS is replaying the documentary on the Lewis and Clark expedition so I'm watching that. Hal Holbrook is the narrator and Sam Waterston is the voice of President Thomas Jefferson. It's a very interesting program.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make later on. Looking at the clock it seems you have about 2.5 hours or so still to get through at your work station before you can begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.