Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and unseasonably warm (78) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear you and your volunteer had time to catch up today.

I’m feeling somewhat better, thanks. Funny you should mention my employment situation. Last night around 7:00 I noticed a missed call and message on my cell from a corporate big wig asking me to call her back ASAP about a “company announcement” I was panicked and texted my sup and FB messaged a co-worker. Turns out we’re ALL fired as of March 2017 (give or take) My prediction of them closing down this call center is coming to pass. Something about our proximity to Cincinnati making us redundant. So, they are going to expand the Houston call center instead. Isn’t that nice? What’s worse is it seems like the lounge dictator will be keeping her job as I have noticed she’s been working from home a lot lately dry.gif At least some of the other "dead wood" are in the same boat as me it would seem.

I saw Siamese and Little Gray this morning provisioning, so that was nice. I will keep trying to help them for as long as I am able to.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and kept me faithful company as I got ready for work. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down my time until my shift is over and I can think about getting home to Tang – on time hopefully. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Well, home safe and sound at 6:40 - I SO won't miss this. Tang met me at the door and has had his supper. He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 70-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I'm so sorry about the notification of your job. At least this time it is because the business is closing instead of you specifically being "discharged". Is there perhaps a way you could transfer to the Houston office, as I know you liked living in Texas - - or if transportation is appropriate perhaps a transfer to the Cincinnati office - - providing of course you would even want to go this route? Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to find another job quickly. Now is the time to begin the search, even if your current employer is offering job search assistance. If you need help updating your resume just let me know, and please let us know how things are going.

So glad you saw Siamese and Little Gray yesterday morning during your provisioning / travels. I know they sincerely appreciate everything you do for them. Please let us know how the community waifs are doing.

Received a telephone call from the handyman contractor this morning confirming that he will be here tomorrow morning to install the paneling on the two walls with the built-in bookcases. I will be glad when that project is done as well as it will be a major improvement in the aesthetics here in the basement living quarters. So tomorrow morning will be an early rise day for me.

Not much else happening around the homestead yet today. It will be nice to have a quiet day today as tomorrow will be busy with the contactor. Sunbeams are shining brightly today which is also nice as the weather is supposed to turn quite unseasonably cold during the weekend with the possibility of some freezing rain / sleet in the forecast on Sunday. YUK!!!

My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam_ Sunny and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. Hope you are both well.

Sorry for being brief, but I've been in the hospital since about 12:00 last night due, I'm guessing to food poisoning (never eating work catered food again) I was throwing up blood and lactic acid and could not stand w/o cold sweats and dizziness Since Thursday night. My labs looked not so good, but the scope came out OK. They wanted to keep me through today, but I needed to get home to Tang as he's already missed 2 insulin shots in that time. Also when I left by ambulance (I have nobody to call) He had only a smattering of food and water and well as dirty litter boxes sad.gif

I'll try to writ more when I can. Peace and Blessings.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold blustery windy Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you feeling ever so much better, my friend, and your precious Tang not suffering any negative consequences to missing his insulin shots.

Oh my gosh - - I'm soooooooooooooo sorry you had such a health crisis, my friend. I can imagine how frightened you were for yourself, as well as your precious Tang's well being. I know you're glad to be back home with your precious boy, and hope you both will recuperate together without any adverse situations. Please let us know how you both are doing.

I don't blame you for never eating work catered food again. I stopped "participating" in work catered food events a long time ago because of a similar experience - - but not quite as drastic as yours. People at work thought I was being "snobbish" but after reading an article written by the CDC warning about catered food, I didn't feel "guilty" at all about not "indulging." When I shared this information with others I was told that I "shouldn't let that stop" me from participating in a work-related social event. I value my health more.

Yesterday was a very busy day here at the homestead. The handyman contractor arrived around 10:30 a.m. and didn't leave until close to 5 p.m.. He worked on the two built-in bookcase walls installing the paneling. I knew that was going to be a BIG job, and it was. But it looks ever so much better than what it has been for a few years. He still has a few "finishing touches" to do with moulding. When he left yesterday evening he thought he might come back today. He called me around 10 am. this morning to let me know that he would not be returning until Saturday, 12/3. This suits me just fine - - as I really am not up to having him here again today. Yesterday was quite stressful for Noah because of the noise of his tools, as well as for me with him being here so long. But I understand his wanting to get as much of the project done as possible - - as it really was a very involved job.

So I'm looking forward to a very quiet day here today with my precious Noah's company. We had a nice snuggle under blankets this morning. He just awoke for the day and has joined me here at the computer desk keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Yesterday a very cold, frigid weather front began crossing the State. We have had very blustery winds that will continue right on through today. Temps will only be in the 40's for highs today with temps plummeting in the evening into the teens and 20's. The western slopes of the mountains are getting their first accumulating snow of the season - - which is great for the ski resorts. I'm so not looking forward to the time when the snow events have enough strength to make it over the mountains moving into the neighborhoods.

My good friend, once again I do hope you and your precious prince Tang are safe at home recovering from your horrible health crisis, and that you and your boy will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your contractor got so much done.

Sorry for being brief again as I'm still not a well man. I don't know what's worse. This health crisis or the missed work and pay - possibly tomorrow the way things are going. I'm starting to wonder if I should have stayed in the hospital another day unsure.gif

All I've had today besides water is a popscicle and some juice. I know I need to eat but I just don't want to. Tangs' been by my side the whole time. At first, angry and hurt at feeling abandoned. Then paranoid - as in not having used his litter boxes since I cleaned them this morning; like he's afraid I'll go away again and leave him with dirty ones.

Thanks for checking up on us. I hope today is treating you and Noah well and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold gusty windy 40-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well - you beginning to feel better - - and your precious boy's fears beginning to relax.

It's important that you don't force yourself to eat until your digestive system has settled down. Broth and fluids are perfectly okay until your appetite returns to normal. Please let us know how you're doing.

Today has been focused on finishing up the major reorganization of documents to be filed and getting the storage room settled again. I am sooooooooo glad that's finally done - - for the most part. I just have one more folder to go through and organize, and that can be done when I have devoted time to work on it. It's the folder that holds all the work I've had done to the house over the years and is my record for tax information whenever the property is sold.

My precious Noah is doing well. He has been watching me work today and let me know when it was time to stop to get him his lunch. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove. I'm definitely ready to settle down for the rest of the afternoon and evening with my precious Noah.

My friend, I hope you and your precious prince Tang are safe at home today continuing to recover from your harrowing health crisis, and that you and your precious boy will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear you projects are moving along well.

I did indeed take today to recuperate some more. Since I did need to to try to consume something of more substance than water, I ventured out to the Kroger via Taxi 7 at about midnight last night. Not financially the best idea considering the missed work/pay, but my December rent is going to be late either way so, yeah. I got plenty of soup/broth, juice, lemon-lime soda etc. I picked up things for T-Day assuming I'm up to it by then. I am feeling better after a nice bowl of soup today; albeit a bit weak and tired.

Tang is doing better even though he's only barley used the litter boxes today...poor boy sad.gif I gave him some of his milk this morning which he seemed to enjoy. He seems better with his insulin back on track too.

Not much else going one here. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold 40-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well - - improving in your recovery - - and in good spirits.

Right now after such a serious GI upset you need to keep yourself hydrated more than you need to eat your regular normal meals. Soups, broths, etc., will give you the nourishment your body needs right now and more importantly the fluids to keep flushing out the toxins from the food poisoning. Please let us know how you're doing.

Also hope your precious prince Tang is doing well and is not experiencing any adversities from not being able to have his insulin shots while you were in the hospital. I can so very well understand your desire to get home to him, my friend. I know you would have been absolutely devastated if he went into a diabetic event because you were not able to give him his injections. Also hope he's back to using his kitty latrines more regularly now as well. Please let us know how he's doing.

Today has been very busy working on the bill-a-thon and then turning my attention to getting the recycling clutter organized from all the boxes and "stuff" that have been "retired" from the purging process. The boxes were in pretty flimsy shape after many years of service. It's nice to have things organized again and now stored in plastic bins. Still have 3 tall kitchen trash bags of shredded paper to take upstairs to the garage where it will wait for an errand to the recycling bins.

My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle under blankets and was able to get the bill-a-thon done by the time he roused to start the day. Next week will begin the process of scheduling payments online. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove.

I hope you received my e-mail requesting clarification for your resume. Just need you to send me the information and then I can begin working on it for you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and spending plenty of quality time together after your busy day.

Back to work today but , as I half expected, not a full day, Even my sup said didn't look so good after reviewing my hospital papers (and he never makes any personal observations) So I worked through lunch and left at 2:00 to catch that new early bus home.

Thanks for asking after Tang. He seems well enough after his lost insulin shots. He's still sparing on the litter boxes though. I heard him scraping after I got home and there was only one spot in there to clean.

Sorry to keep this brief again, but it's still hard to focus to type (at work the tickets have drop down windows and I don't have to type anything really) I just want to keep you up to date that I haven't you know, died unsure.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly 50-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well - - you continuing to feel better - - and the both of you in good spirits.

I'm glad your supervisor approved an early leave day for you yesterday. He sounds like he can be a more "reasonable" type of person than other supervisors you have had in your recent previous jobs. Just continue to get plenty of rest and fluids, and go light on any solid food you may begin to have an interest in for a few more days. You have been through a horrific major medical trauma.

Today has been a "quiet" day here activity-wise. Just doing light chores as I'm really tired from all the organizing activity. Got the load of laundry I did yesterday out of the dryer and most of the items put away. Checked on a couple of financial things online, and resumed working on a project for my sister for a Christmas gift -- one that she requested a couple of years ago, and I finally found what I had started during my "organizing" activity - - amazing. It was a "whenever you get around to it" type request - - so it's a good thing she hasn't been eagerly looking forward to it all this time.
My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle this morning before starting the day. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stage warming on the stove.

I am hoping you will have tomorrow off, but I don't remember if you were able to get Friday off as well. Whatever your work schedule is, I hope each day is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that your travels are safe, dry, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope your special project for your sister’s gift works out to both your satisfaction.

Yeah, my sup’s pretty laid back and understanding. I’m going to miss that. Believe me, I’m going easy on the “solid” foods. All I’ve had the past few days is soup, broth, and popsicles. I made some Jello last night too. Drinking plenty of water too, which goes without saying. I’m pretty sure they emptied at least 4-5 bags of saline into my IV at the hospital. Did I mention I passed out when they took my blood in the ER? And not because I’m squeamish. Pretty suire they put some powerful pain meds in there too as I was only able to properly go to the bathroom today blink.gif

Tang was in good spirits this morning and is starting to use the litter boxes more “normally” again. I guess he’s decided I’m staying. Another thing that’s helped is my sleeping on the couch. He tends to cuddle up with me way more there than in the bed – perhaps it's because I can’t roll over on him. I’m going to stick with that for a while. Whatever makes him happy and gets me more time with him, the better. Plus I get more channels to doze off too in there. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

I’ve also been glad to get back out to take care of the waifs. It seems they haven’t lost the faith as I have seen Siamese and Little Gray pretty regularly. Although Siamese skittered under the fence this morning, but came back when I called. Almost as if to say "OH! It's you, you're back!"

Looks like I will make it through a full day of work, although the queasiness and aches come and go still – going to take time I guess. Just about an hour before I ‘m off and can start thinking about getting home to Lt. Tang.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Well, home safe and sound (and reasonably dry) at 6:42. Part of that's on me though because I'm not walking very fast these days. Any little over exertion makes my lungs and kidneys hurt - well more than the current dull ache. Tang met me at the door which brightened my day though. We have the whole day together tomorrow. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 60-ish Thanksgiving Day greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to know you were able to make it through the whole day at work yesterday, even though I know it was very exhausting for you. Hopefully each day you will feel a bit stronger than the day before. Please let us know how you're doing.

Am also very glad your precious Tang is once again back to his normal latrine routines. I know how concerning it is when you see changes in routines and wonder / worry if they are health related. I can also imagine the community waifs are glad to see you back and were concerned about your absence. I'm so smiling at how Siamese responded to your voice - - a definite indication that the waifs know you.

While my precious Noah slumbered under blankets this morning I worked on finishing an Amazon list of things I need to order, and will get that placed soon. Also did some preliminary bill-a-thon preparations for when I begin scheduling payments online. Made a trek to the mailbox - - only junk mail which will be put through my shredder. My precious boy awoke to sunbeams coming in through the big windows and has been thoroughly enjoying them.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool Thanksgiving Day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I decided to "sleep in" this morning to 7:00 figuring 1/2 an hour of darkness left would be enough to provision the waifs. For the most part it was but for one guy out walking his dog. So I had o detour around front and provision in reverse order. I only saw Little Gray, but he/she seemed glad to see me.

I woke up again around 10:00 and prepared holiday fixings (small portions of course) I'll have plenty of leftovers so shopping this weekend should be short and cheap.

What's been foremost on my mind today has been this is the first holiday season w/o my baby girl Theresa sad.gif It really started the other night when I felt the need to fire up the space heater for the first time. The big one, not the little one that was her favorite. That one is packed away.

The rest of the day has been spent napping and trying to get my strength back. It feels like 2 steps forward and 1 step back (sigh) A day at a time as you say.

Sorry for the brevity again, but it's still hard to spend time in front of the computer (to say nothing of trying to correct the typos) I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 60-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Food poisoning is serious, my friend. It takes awhile before all the toxins are cleansed from the body, so it's vitally important that you continue to get plenty of rest and fluids, and stay on the light side of solid foods until your digestive system is feeling normal again. Don't mean to sound like a hovering busy body - - just please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, - - and am just offering encouragement to you in your recovery.

My friend, I can very well understand how challenging the holidays will be for you as they are the "first without" without your beloved princess Theresa. What is advertised as being the "most wonderful time of the year" can in reality be the "most horrible time of the year" when our hearts are grieving the physical absence of a beloved companion. Please know you and your precious Tang are in my thoughts and prayers that in some way you will find peace in your hearts during this un-festive time.

My precious Noah is doing well which is always a blessing of good news to share with you. My precious boy and I had a nice snuggle this morning, and he continued to slumber under blankets until my morning get ready for the day routines were done. I went upstairs to finish wrapping and packing a set of china dinnerware that I'm taking to Goodwill and sorted through and re-packed the box of miscellaneous items that will also go to Goodwill. Am planning on making that errand run on Monday when I go to the bank and post office. The upstairs dining area now looks a bit more civilized. Stored the three bags of shredding in the garage so that's no longer taking up space here in the basement living quarters. Discovered I had overlooked a tall feeder that I had gotten many years ago for one of my beloved companions - - which I had planned on taking to the vet's office with the other items. So I have taken that upstairs and placed it next to Noah's car traveling crate so that I'll remember to take it come the time when he's due for this next check up.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you accomplished quite a lot today. I hope you and your precious boy are now enjoying some much deserved quality time.

Thanks for asking after my health. My “solid” food consumption is not only VERY small portions, but once daily max. The reset of the time is fluids/soup etc. It’s been a week and I’m just getting to where I can stand and walk without really feeling “sick” My heart rate at the slightest exertion will take a bit more time I’m afraid unsure.gif

Thanks also for your comforting words about all the “firsts” me and Tang are and will be soon experiencing as the holidays come and go. Tang was in pretty good spirits this morning near as I can tell. He dutifully kept me company as I readied myself for work. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

I saw Big Tabby, White Cat and Little Gray this morning provisioning – the latter scrambling over the hill at the last moment as I turned to leave to let me know he/she was coming rolleyes.gif

Just counting down my time until my shift ends and I can start thinking about getting home to my BHMK Tang. Not sure what to expect with the Black Friday traffic that is bound to be around the Walmart shopping center where the bus must travel through...

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:33! My bus was on time, but assuming it would be late, I used the hour after my shift to go to the Dollar Tree down the road from where I work instead of the one by me. This allowed me to come straight home to a very surprised Tang tongue.gif He's had his supper (even the canned meat - looks like turkey and giblets is a new favorite) He is well and doing his "cuteness" rolls on the floor by my feet smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly breezy 40-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Soooo very glad you were able to get one of your errand runs done yesterday after work and get home at a good time. You really needed that this week particularly while you're still recuperating from a very serious health crisis. And I'm also glad you were able to see some of the community waifs during your provisioning / travels yesterday. I know it lifts your spirits to see some of the gang.

Today has been busy getting a jump on scheduling payments for December bills. So I'm now ready for my errand run on Monday. My precious Noah joined me at the computer desk when he roused for the day. Have all the stuff for Goodwill in the car so I can just leave when I'm ready Monday morning.

My precious Noah has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know my lunch is now ready so will get this off to you.

Hope you were able to get your errands / chores done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together and will have a very blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and spending quality time together after your tasks today.

I awoke to my alarm at 5:30 and proceeded to get my laundry ready. Unfortunately, I didn't have the room to myself, but the the guy did at least leave me 2 washers side by side. He was another one of those "talkers" to total strangers dry.gif At least he took the hint when I just nodded.

I saw Siamese and Little Gray during provisioning which was nice.

Since I only had to go Save a Lot and didn't need much, grocery run was quick getting me home just after 9:00 - would have been 8:45, but I'm still moving a bit slow. My trip up there was marred by the night shift rent-a-cop from Fern Valley hotel getting all up in my personal space at the bus stop and NOT taking the hint when I nodded. Why do people think that those of us that prefer to be left alone need "help" "opening up" and it's their job to do it? I figured if I gave him my honest opinion of that rat trap hotel, he'd shut up, but no. Not even when I asked him to politely do so.

The rest of the day has been blissfully spent with my little man Tang. Watching TV, reading, napping and cuddling. While I'm getting better from the original health crisis, it's left me vulnerable to a bit of a chest cold (sigh) At least I have meds for that and it's something I can deal with.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny coolish 50-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores and errands done quickly yesterday so that you and your precious Tang could enjoy most of the day resting in each other's company. I know what you mean about people who make it their personal crusade to get the quiet folks like you and me to "open up". I have been told frequently that there is "something wrong with you [me]" because I'm not like them. My reaction to that is "yeah, yeah, - - now go away."

While my precious Noah slumbered under blankets this morning I did some creative work on the big computer working on Christmas cards for family members and the project I'm doing for my sister. Made good progress on both. Now it's just a matter of doing the "finishing touches." My precious boy joined me at the computer when he roused for the day. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear you are making progress on your holiday projects.

I awoke on my own today around 5:00. I immediately saw Siamese out provisioning, and Little Gray met me halfway down the walk to keep me company before putting food down in that area. I filled me with a sense of "normalcy" even though I'm still feeling the lingering effects of last weekend.

I came back inside and had a small breakfast; feeding a few bites of ham to Tang from my holiday leftovers.

The rest of the day has been spent resting up for what I'm sure will be a somewhat grueling week ahead. Friday's call volume was more like a holiday than the mess I was expecting. So, I have a feeling tomorrow will be horrible.

Tang has given me plenty of cuddles today as well as had a some brief balcony time when the mercury finally hit 50. He's had his supper and is doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny chilly 40-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw some of the community waifs during your provisioning yesterday. It's encouraging to know that they are still with you. And I'm so glad you and your precious Tang had a peaceful, restful day together yesterday.

Was able to get an early start to the errand run today with successfully completing each task. Won't have to go out again until next Tuesday, 12/6, for my grocery run with the help of a volunteer. My precious boy roused from the blankets as I was getting ready to embark on my errand journey, and was happy to see me when I got back home. Have now completed the project for my sister. Her birthday is in early January so will wait until then to mail it to her. Now I can focus on the "finishing touches" to the Christmas cards. My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Gloomy and perpetually rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad to hear you have finished your projects for the day and hope you and your little man can spend some quality time together.

I only saw Siamese this morning provisioning, but at least that’s something. I’m feeling bad about having to ration their food a bit due to the store being completely out of dry food but for a monster sized bag I’d never have gotten home on my own this past weekend. I’m glad I got a 13 LB bag on my last Kroger run unsure.gif

Tang was in pretty good spirits this morning. Even though there wasn’t much time for cuddling, he kept me faithful company as I got ready for work. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume has not been the “dead zone” Friday was, but by no means anywhere near as bad as I was anticipating (knock wood) I have a feeling the process of gradually routing calls away from this call center may have begun.

I’m just counting down my time before the end of my shift and can begin thinking about getting home to Tang. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home at 6:50 soaking wet with another trashed umbrella and nothing to take its place. Tang "hollered" at me when I got in and I snapped right back at him, poor baby sad.gif He's had his supper and doing better now though. I'm going to go finish drying off dry.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy coolish 60-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So sorry to learn your umbrella broke yesterday when you needed it in your travels home. The last thing you need especially right now is to have a chill set in from being soaked. I hope you were able to take a hot shower / bath yesterday evening to help warm the bones.

Was able to get my Amazon order placed today - - items I can only find on Amazon now that are not carried in any of the local stores. From what I read in the "reviews" section for these items this is a similar situation shared by many folks across the nation, so I'm glad Amazon provides these items. I have been periodically looking for a good cart that I can use in the kitchen to help move things from place to place. Yesterday I found a website that has a cart at a reasonable price - - and was on sale. So I decided to "bite the bullet" and buy it. It should arrive sometime tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it as it is taller than the one I'm currently using and has handles on both ends of the top tray for pushing / pulling - - the one I'm currently using doesn't have any handles. It received good reviews on the website, so I'll see if those reviews actually hold up. I'll let you know how things go.

My precious Noah joined me at the big computer when he finally roused from his morning slumber. He is not at all pleased with the lack of sunbeams today. Soon it will be time to get him his lunch, and I know this will brighten his spirits.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope your new kitchen cart works out to your satisfaction. Thanks for asking about my health after getting soaked. I did indeed take a nice long hot shower last night. I'm also taking extra herbal anti-oxidants.

Speaking of biting the bullet, I did just that this morning. I set my alarm ½ an hour earlier so I could take the first bus into work and stop off at Walmart for an umbrella. We’ll see how long this one lasts. I also picked up a 6.3 LB bag of Cat Chow for the waifs so I should not have to ration as much if at all. I only caught glimpses of Siamese and Big Tabby this morning.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and I managed about 20 minutes of cuddle time for us. The sleeping in the living room experiment isn’t quite working out BTW. He’s been sleeping in the bedroom lately. But when I sleep in the bedroom, he sleeps in the living room (sigh)

I’m feeling the “burn” of last night’s “super soak” and less sleep, but just over 2 hours to go until my shift is over. Then I can think about getting home to Tang.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound (and dry) at 6:37. Tang greeted me at the door a little less excitable than last night. He's had his supper and enjoying some balcony time with this one off semi warm day. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid 60-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels home yesterday evening were dry. You really don't need any additional health issues to deal with, my friend. And I'm glad you were able to get a new umbrella.

Thank you for your encouragement about the new kitchen cart. It is supposed to be delivered sometime today. Probably won't get it assembled until tomorrow. This morning I worked on going through a couple of file folders in the "organizing" project - - the folders that I needed to go through and make copies of receipts for an eventual new homeowner. Got that done and just need to make labels for the folders so that I know which one I keep and which one goes to an eventual new homeowner. So everything is now pretty much current, thank goodness. My precious Noah joined me at the desk to keep me company after he roused for the day. Finally got the trash up to the trash bin, took a walk to the mailbox, and got my precious boy his lunch - - for which he is very thankful. The timer on the stove is letting me know my lunch is now ready so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and spending quality time together at the completion of your tasks today.

I saw only Siamese this morning when I went to put the food out, but by the time I was coming back from the other area he/she seemed to be spooked unsure.gif I didn’t see anyone, but I double checked for the pesky old possum just the same.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and even came to cuddle with me on the couch a couple hours before my alarm went off wub.gif More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume has been pretty slow today (knock) wood. I would enjoy it if I wasn’t pretty sure I know the reason for it. But, just over an hour until the end of my shift and I can turn my thoughts toward getting home to Tang.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:31. I had to intercede in Bobtail going after Little Gray (who ran straight to me) again on my way through. I don't know what's gotten into him. I know for a fact he's been neutered. Tang met me at the door and has had his supper; cleaned his bowl good too happy.gif He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny windy chilly 50-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Bobtail reminds me a bit of my beloved kitty son Eli. Even though Eli had his "manhood" surgery this didn't deter his "bossy" tendencies - - nor did it stop him from marking territories inside the house from time to time. I know with my beloved Eli he had some serious psychological challenges that required medicinal intervention. Bobtail may just be trying to "assert" his "seniority" with Little Gray. It's nice Little Gray had you to intercede yesterday.

The new utility cart was delivered around 5 p.m. yesterday evening. I got it put together last night - - and what a wonderful difference it is making. This morning I organized my supplies on the lower two trays, and the top tray is used for my immediate needs. It has two wonderful large handles - - one on each end of the cart - - and the wheels are huge making it much easier to roll than the smaller cart I have been using. This one is definitely a "keeper" and worth the investment.

Worked a bit on financials this morning and finished organizing the paperwork I worked on yesterday - - so that's now ready to go back in the file cabinet. My precious Noah joined me for the day as I was finishing up getting ready to start the day. My volunteer has come to help me with a couple of things, my precious boy has had his lunch, and the timer on the stove is letting me know mine is now ready.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad to hear the new cart is working out for you. Anything that makes life easier is, indeed, a keeper.

Thanks for the insight on Bobtail. I wasn’t really upset with him, just concerned. He seemed confused when I admonished his behavior, so that lends credence to your theory. Little Gray seemed no worse for wear when I saw her and White Cat this morning.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we managed about 20 minutes of cuddle time as I got ready for work. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Just about 30 minutes before my shift ends and I can think about getting home to my little man. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:43. The bus was on time but the substitute driver got lost in the subdivision at the end of the line and she was depending on me for directions blink.gif It's not easy turning a full sized bus around in a residential neighborhood. I saw Little Gray again by the mail boxes tonight. I hope she hasn't been pushed out of her area because she's so small unsure.gif Tang met me at the door. He's had his supper and is doing well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny windy chilly 40-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw White Cat and Little Gray yesterday during your travels / provisioning. I'm smiling at your observation of Bobtail's reaction when you admonished him for what appeared to be picking on Little Gray. My beloved Eli would get an expression on his face as if to say, "hey, mom, I'm "boss" here." Little Gray and the others will be just fine. In the wild there is a "pecking order" as to who is first, second, third, etc., - - and this is true as well with the community waifs.

Today has been busy since getting started for the day. Did some much needed vacuuming and dusting, and opened and sorted items from my Amazon order which were delivered today. Just one more item to get that is scheduled to be delivered next week. My precious Noah is doing well. He joined me as I did my preparations to get started for the day rather than sleeping in this morning. While I did the vacuuming he stretched out on his lamb's wool bathroom window perch enjoying the sunbeams coming in through the bathroom window. He is keeping me faithful company now as I'm writing to you.

Have started working earnestly on my grocery list for this coming Tuesday's, 12/6, errand to Kroger with the assistance of a volunteer. Will be working on that tomorrow to get it finished up. My handyman contractor is scheduled to be back tomorrow to do the "fine tuning" on the paneling areas, and hopefully finish up a couple of other small items on the list. So I'm not sure I'll be able to be online tomorrow. Just wanted to give you a "heads up" just in case.

Today is F R I D A Y and I know you're already counting the hours and minutes until you're able to begin your trek home to your precious prince Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you got quite a lot done today. I hope all goes well with your home improvement projects and errands next week.

Thanks for the encouragement on the waifs. I’m sure Bobtail was thinking along the same lines as your precious Eli. Sadly, I didn’t see any of the waifs this morning. I hope they are doing OK unsure.gif

Tang was in good spirits this morning as we managed about 20 minutes of cuddles – he nuzzled my face repeatedly which is always nice wub.gif More on how he’s doing when I get home.

It is indeed Friday and I am SO looking forward to the end of the day and week. It hasn’t been bad (knock wood) but I will be glad for it to end so I can turn my thoughts to getting home to Tang for the evening and weekend.

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:52 dry.gif Good thing I went to the Dollar Tree by where I work again. Jerk is back to being late and letting people ride free. Guess I know what I'm doing first thing Monday morning. I think I saw Tux Sr on my way in though which was nice. Tang met me at the door which was even better happy.gif He's had his supper and is getting frisky with his toys laugh.gif He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold 40-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Tux Sr yesterday on your travels home. And I'm glad you were to get home safe and sound to your precious prince Tang.

It has been busy here this morning with the handyman contractor. He finished the "fine tuning" on the paneling job, and did a couple of other little things. He will come back at some point in time to remove the fencing section along the back of the property. It is in bad shape from trees falling on it, which now gives me the reason to remove it so that the deer and other wildlife can have freer access to the back yard. My precious Noah is glad to have the noise of the electric saw and staple gun stopped. Was also able to get payment scheduled for my electric bill, and my grocery list finished for Tuesday's errand. May be able to get a load of laundry going at some point this afternnon as well.

I hope you were able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together and will have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like your handyman accomplished quite a bit today. Sorry to hear the noise bothered Noah and hope that you were both able to spend some quality time together after. I'm curious to see if the deer will come closer now that the fence is down.

Not only did I not have the laundry room to myself, it was the same Chatty Chet as last week. And it didn't end there. When I went to provision the waifs while my clothes were washing, guess who I almost ran smack dab into? Yep. Not once but twice. After I thought he'd gone and I sneaked back down to provision the 2nd area, there he was with his dog. Then when I went to visit with the waifs while the clothes I hang to dry fluffed in the dryer, there he was again! So, no Caturday visits with the waifs today mad.gif

With all that, I assumed the loud mouth security guard from the hotel would bogart my bus stop to the store. So, I gave myself enough time to go down to the next stop. He wasn't there thankfully. I was home from the store at 9:15; would have been 9:00 but I'm still not moving very fast. If walking to and from the bus stop during the week winds me, imagine that walk with a cart of groceries. Since I'm sticking to soup, pasta, and other bland foods it wasn't so bad. I guess it's really going to take time to recover fully from this last health crisis. I don't know that I'll ever be 100% again.

I then had a light breakfast that a shared few bites of with Tang. After that I read a little and since there wasn't anything of interest on TV, I napped most of the rest of the day to recharge my batteries with Tang by my side for most of it wub.gif

He's had his supper and doing well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold forecasted to be rainy 30-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your provisioning and visits with the community waifs was so rudely interfered with yesterday. It's almost as if this person was watching for you. Hopefully this morning you will be able to provision the waifs in peace, and hopefully have at least one of them greet you. Please let us know how things go.

At least you were able to get your grocery errand done without having to deal with any interference. Indeed, it's going to take quite awhile for you to sufficiently recover from your serious food poisoning crisis. Just continue to take things as easy as you can - - activity-wise as well as meal-wise - - until you're feeling stronger. I'm glad you and your precious Tang had a good restful day together after you got your chores and errands done. This is exactly what you both needed.

After I wrote to you yesterday I was able to get a load of laundry done. Just need to take it out of the dryer at some point in time. My precious Noah and I did indeed have a very peaceful evening together yesterday. And I'm so happy to share with you that the basement living quarters does look so very nice with all the "updates" done thanks to my handyman contractor.

Today is going to be a low key day here at the homestead. My precious Noah and I enjoyed a long sleep in together this morning. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I thought about this person waiting for/following me. I don't think it's coincidence running into him in the laundry room 2 Saturdays is a row. Since I have already made an adjustment to my bus stop (for the Saturdays I only go to Save a Lot) I may have to get up a bit earlier and provision the waifs before I do my laundry. It's sad that I have to make these adjustments because people can't/won't seem to respect my personal space and boundaries and/or have nothing better to do than "catch" me feeding the waifs. The latter being ironic considering most of them are customers of our resident "recreational pharmaceutical vendors". Something they can't get kicked out for, but they can for not having their dogs on a leash and/or cleaning up after them. It's true. The flier for the former carries no eviction threats but the latter does. Go figure.

I did see Little Gray this morning (as well as yesterday after all the fuss) My new little die hard. After that I came in and had a light breakfast which I shared a few bites with Tang. He's been right by my side the whole day be it watching TV, reading or napping - recharging for the week to come. I have to get up earlier tomorrow to get the early bus to work so I can swing by Kroger. I don't think Tang's Iams Sr will last to the weekend. He's had his supper and is doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Thought I would stop by to say hello. I'm sorry you have been sick. You might have to be careful of what you eat . I have problems and have to watch my diet. Stress can make things worse.

We still have 2 little waifs as far as I know. Socks comes by for breakfast every morning and sometimes at night. White bobtail comes by when he thinks nobody is looking. I always keep food out for him. He really acts scared.

I'm glad Lt. Tang is doing well and I hope you keep feeling better. I miss the butterflies but I ordered some postage stamps with butterflies on them. Try to have a good work week. I always remember you and Tang in my prayers. Our Angels are looking over us too......God Bless.............TTFN...
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I'm starting to feel better albeit a bit weaker than usual. The softer diet coupled with herbal remedy detoxifers are helping (never should have gotten off them)

Glad to hear Socks still comes by. Is White Bobtail new? I don't recall you mentioning him. Glad he is coming by too though.

I too miss the butterflies, but know our angels are thinking of us. Thanks for stopping by. Peace and Blessings.

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warmer 50-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw Little Gray yesterday during your provisioning. It is very perturbing to have uninvited viewers / participants while trying to "do your own thing" without interference. I hope you're able to find a way to avoid the undesirable attention. Please let us know how things go.

A few years ago I used to buy commemorative stamps to start a collection - - as I used to be really interested in that sort of thing. So I have several volumes of stamps now that I haven't gone through for quite awhile taking up space and collecting dust. One of my "quiet time" projects has been wanting to go through the volumes one more time before donating them to Goodwill. This morning I started that project while my precious Noah slumbered under blankets, and as it turns out I'm really not ready to part with the entire collection yet. However, I did remove some stamps that I can donate now, and was able to pare down the volumes to just two binders instead of three. So that's a little bit of progress. There are a couple of other volumes that I want to go through to do the same thing. My precious Noah joined me at the desk when he finally roused for the day.

When I finished that project it was time for me to get Noah his lunch and make a trek to the mailbox to get the mail delivered since last Thursday. The timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is now ready so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Just a suggestion, but you might want to have your stamp collection appraised before donating any of it. Some of them may be worth a lot of money. Just a thought.

My only waif representative this morning was Siamese. But it’s nice to even see one so that I have some idea they are doing OK. Especially this time of year. But each time I see Siamese I can't help but wonder about Tux Jr who I haven't seen in forever sad.gif They used to be thick as thieves.

Tang was in good spirits this morning even though there was no time for cuddles. He seemed to understand when I told him it’s because I had to get the early bus to get him more Imas Sr. I guess a full tummy trumps cuddles happy.gif More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Another fine day in the pit of despair. Volume has been relatively low though (knock wood) Less than an hour until it’s over and I can think about returning home to my precious Tang.

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:38. Tang met me at the door which is always nice. He's had his soft supper and I took what was left of the food in the old bag and his bowls and mixed it all up with the new an refilled his bowls. You'd think he was getting all new food the way he attacked them rolleyes.gif He is having his evening bath and doing well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, soggy cold 30-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious prince Tang doing well and in good spirits. It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious boy, and you, are doing okay.

Glad you saw Siamese yesterday during your travels / provisioning. Perhaps they get together in the evening to "nominate" who will be their morning "representative" to greet you. Hopefully you'll see Tux Jr again soon. Please let us know how the community waifs are doing.

Thank you for the suggestion to get the stamp collection appraised. I recently tried that but was informed they would only be worth "something" if I sold them on e-bay. I'd rather give the lot away than go that route.

It was a very soggy trip for the grocery errand this morning. The forecast called for steady rain, and for a change this is exactly what we're getting until sometime later this afternoon, evening. I believe I have enough provisions now to get me through until the end of January. The gentleman who has been helping me - - who wasn't quite so helpful when he first began several months ago - - is getting a little better with each trip. He is quite the "social bug" as we go through the store - - he knows just about everyone in the surrounding area and greets the folks he knows when he sees them in the store. Me - - I'm focused on getting the groceries and out of the store as quickly as possible.

My precious Noah was glad to see me when I got back home. Most of the groceries are put away where they need to be. Just need to put away the soup and paper stuff. Can't believe it's now 2 p.m.. My precious boy is letting me know it's time for some lunch, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I understand about wanting to get in get what you need and get out of the grocery store. I’m the same way. I hope your helper’s socializing didn’t drag things out too long. I can understand your frustration with that. At least Noah was waiting patiently for you when you got home.

I saw no waifs this morning as we have had steady rain here too. I put food out anyway since I know from past experience they will come out to eat it when the rain stops; even if it’s soggy. Bless their hearts.

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we managed about 20 minutes of cuddle time before I had to be off to work. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume has been a bit more today than I have gotten accustomed to (sigh) this too shall pass. It’s a bit depressing hearing people talk about job leads and even one who has already found another job. I guess I really need to get cracking on that.

I’m just counting down my time until the end of my shift when I can think about getting home to my precious Tang. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:38. I saw Little Gray on my way to the mail boxes. He/she almost lets me come up to him/her, but not quite. Tang met me at the door and has had his supper. He's looking out the sliding door as I post this. He is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny coolish 50-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

It's nice one of the waifs greeted you on your travels home. Little Gray may have elected to be the community "representative" yesterday evening.

I agree with you that it's probably wise to begin your job search sooner than later. I hope you're able to find something before your official "end date" with your current employer. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this search will go smoothly for you. Please let us know how things go.

After I got my chores done I did some "creative" work on the big computer this morning. Went through the stamps I set aside and separated them into categories to donate to some local organizations. For example, there are several honoring military service which I would like to donate to one of the local veterans organizations. So we'll see how it goes.

My precious Noah is doing well. We have had sunbeams today which has brightened his spirits considerably after yesterday's gloomy rain. He is stretched out on my lap resting comfortably as I'm writing to you.

Soon you will begin your trek homeward to your precious Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and enjoying the sunbeams. What a nice gift those military stamps will be to the VA. I’m sure they will appreciate them.

Little Gray was my only greeter again this morning when provisioning. He/she came scampering over the hill as if to say “I’m coming, I’m coming!” happy.gif

Tang was in good spirits this morning and we managed about ½ an hour of cuddle time this morning. I’m usually worn out by this time in the week and the short “nap” was nice. More on how my boy is doing when I get home.

Call volume today has been less hectic which is most welcome. Just the usual tier 1 transfers from overseas that are annoying. They will have about ½ as many people to “dump” their calls on soon enough dry.gif

It is getting close to the end of my shift and I’m already looking forward to getting home to Tang. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

Home safe and sound at 6:53 mad.gif The bus was only about 8 minutes late coming through the first time, but the road from the shopping center to the subdivision was closed. Most nights we could have just skipped it and come back around. But tonight was the 1 in a 100 time someone was on the bus that needed to go back there. So LONG detour and when we get there the driver creeps along while this woman gives him the grand tour of all the neighborhood lights. Tang met me at the door and was understanding. He's had his supper and evening "bath" and doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold 30-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I can feel your frustration about your late arrival home last night to your precious Tang. Hopefully your next job will be easier travel-wise.

Today was busy continuing "creative" projects on the big computer while my precious boy slumbered under blankets. He joined me at the desk when he roused to start the day. Had a nice visit with my volunteer who comes on Thursdays. She and her husband will be traveling out of town in a couple of weeks to spend the holidays with their family who live in the northeast, but another volunteer will come to take the trash can out to the street in her absence.

Noah had his lunch before the volunteer came, and I just finished a bowl of soup with some crackers. Noah is stretched out comfortably in front of his personal space heater as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm happy to hear you had a nice visit with your volunteer. I hope the substitute in her absence is just as helpful.

I didn't see any waifs this morning, but it was pretty cold. So perhaps they were down by the storm drain vents trying to keep warm. I hope they're OK unsure.gif Tang and I had a good 30 minute snuggle/nap this morning, so that was nice.

There was a 5 car pile up on Preston Highway way just blocks down from my bus stop this morning ohmy.gif So we had to detour around it all.

My bus home was more or less on time and no traffic snags tonight. So I was walking in the door at 6:33. Tang met me at the door and has had his supper. He even ate all the can food and didn't just drink the milk. I think perhaps he doesn't care for the Friskies that Theresa so loved. So I'm going to try some other brands and flavors. He's curled up at my feet as I post this and doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold 30-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get home to your precious prince Tang yesterday evening in a timely manner. Every moment not stuck on a bus is one more moment you and your precious boy have together.

It has been a quiet low key day here - - no major projects going on, no need to fire up the big computer today. It is a very cold day here with temps only at the freezing temp for a high. Even though sunbeams are plentiful they aren't warming up the house today as they normally do on warmer temp days. So my precious Noah is enjoying his personal space heater.

It's F R I D A Y and I know you're looking forward to the time when you can begin your trek homeward to your precious Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear the sunbeams are not particularly helpful today. Good thing Noah has his own heater.

I didn’t think I was going to see any waifs this morning when I was putting the food out. But as I was heading out to my bus stop I saw Siamese, and he/she was quite vocal and social. It broke my heart I didn’t have any time to give him/her sad.gif

Tang was in good spirits this morning even though I didn’t have any time for snuggles due to needing to take care of some things online. More on how he’s doing when I get home.

Call volume was low today until just before 3:00 when one of our partner processing hosts went down. Thankfully I was scheduled for some online training from 3:00-4:30.

Just counting down my time until my shift is over and I can think about getting home to my precious Tang.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

Home safe and sound at 6:40 (score another one for the Dollar Tree by work) Tang met me at the door which is always nice. He gobbled up his supper again. I guess I'll have to pick up some more 9 Lives with his milk at Kroger tomorrow. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold 30-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get home to your precious Tang yesterday evening at a relatively good time with provisions. I know you're always glad to get home to your precious boy as early as possible, and I know your precious Tang is always glad to have his daddy home safe and sound.

While my precious boy slumbered under blankets this morning I worked on greeting cards on the big computer. With a couple of more things to do I think I have everyone in the family taken care of. I just need to finish putting the cards together and getting them in the mail. Need to check the weather for this coming week as I think there's only a couple of days when the weather won't be rainy or even possibly a "wintry mix". My precious boy joined me at the computer when he roused for the day. He has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know mine is now ready.

I hope you were able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious prince Tang can enjoy most of this day together and will have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but very cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Per last week's plan, I got up a little earlier this morning to provision the waifs before starting my laundry. I only saw Siamese, but that's something. I was not "observed" that I can tell either.

I guess it would not have mattered anyway as Chatty Chet wasn't in the laundry room this time anyway. In fact, I had it all to myself for the duration. This allowed my visit with the waifs during the drier cycle, but none showed sad.gif

This was a "long" errand day. Staring with a haircut, then Kroger for groceries, then CVS for my RX, then the library and home. Things ran long so I just missed my normal bus home and had to wait for the next one. This got me home at 11:30 rather than 11.

I had a light breakfast which I shared a few bites with Tang. As I was tired and there was nothing on TV, we both snuggled and napped until about a 1/2 ago. Tang seems to be doing well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold 40-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you had a long day yesterday with chores and errands. Am glad you were spared interference while provisioning the waifs and doing your laundry.

My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast. While he slumbered under blankets I did some work on the greeting cards getting them folded and put together. Still have the letters to put with the cards and then they will be ready to mail. My precious boy joined me at the desk when he roused for the day. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy wil have a blissful, peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both well and enjoying quality time after your day's activities.

I awoke on my own at about 5:00 and went out to provision the waifs. Unfortunately I didn't see any, so I hope they are doing OK.

I came back in and just laid back down until almost 10:00. At that point I fixed a light breakfast that did not include any meat to Tang's chagrin.

The rest of the day has been spent on the couch watching TV and slipping in and out of slumber. I thought I slept a lot on the weekends before I got sick. I slept really hard between 3:30 and 5:30 and woke up with one of those headaches one gets under those circumstances. I'm hoping a hot shower will clear the cobwebs enough for me to get a good night's sleep tonight before going back to the pits of despair.

Tang has been with me most of the day offering the comfort of his warmth and tickling whiskers wub.gif He's had his supper and doing well.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warmish 50-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious boy had a peaceful lazy day to share together yesterday. Hope your headache subsided so that you could get some rest last night.

My precious Noah enjoyed a warm snuggle under blankets after I got up for the day. While he continued to slumber I worked on finishing greeting cards. Much to my surprise I was able to get every single one put together and ready to mail tomorrow when I go to the post office. And I had the exact amount of Christmas stamps for each of the envelopes. I love it when a plan comes together. My precious boy joined me at the desk when he roused for the day. He has had his lunch and mine is warming on the stove as I’m writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.