Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sorry to hear your work load is so much. The "pit" was not bad as Mondays go. My heart even went out so a few sad cases I could not help. But, by the end of the day my compassion was wearing thin after being cursed out. Today I got out at 6:30 - it's 7:00 the rest of the week mad.gif Our regular coach is back half days for now after being out ill for 3 months - she stopped by to see how I was doing, which was nice. I found my cubicle "surrounded" by the castle wall wallpaper/decor for Halloween. At first it was daunting, but after a while I started to like the seclusion.

This morning I had to break up a turf war over the lower left side of the bed. I didn't think about it being Tang's favorite spot when putting down a T for Theresa to lay on. She's taken to doing what she did with Tom. Scoping out his few favorite places and "claiming" them (sigh) And tonight she was more demanding of personal attention than normal. This too shall pass. Well, on to the rest of my chores and settle in. Peace to you and your little Noah.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to know you're home with your precious furkids for the evening. Sorry the remainder of the week will be a late "dismissal" for you, though. Hope tomorrow will be a decent day for you in the pit. It is nice that the regular coach came by to see how you're doing, and I hope you are feeling like you can relax a bit - - not having to be quite so on edge about having a job on a regular basis.

I'm chuckling at the "turf war" - - perhaps her way of acquiring reassurance that she is always "daddy's little girl." Both your precious Theresa and little Tang are blessed to have you for their Forever Dad.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

It was nice to have her back at work. And also the other coach that filled in for her - approving our time, monitor feedback, and who stuck up for me (sort of)

Tonight I was smart and put the shirt down on the other side of the bed wink.gif We'll see how that works out tonight. At least I will have a 1/2 hour longer to sleep in the morning. Peace and TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Today was not so bad at work. Got out on time and buses were on time (more or less) Both kittles greeted me making sure I knew just what what time it was, thank you very much.
Tang's ear is OK dirt wise, but I want to have him checked out. This weekend or next after a few good checks. Plus I just found out on my own LGE account my deposit came back. So what I thought was an 84.00 bill was actually a credit, and I paid it. Now I have a HUGE credit. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about my bill going into the heating season. This should help with Tang's vet visits.

They both are being their usual playful mischeivious selves smile.gif Two days down three to go (sigh) Peace.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I tried posting to you earlier but there were some "technical glitches" going on - - I got kicked off and of course what I had written got lost in cyberspace. So, here I am and hope this gets to you this time.

Glad to know you're home with your precious Theresa and little Tang for the evening, and that your day in the pit was a decent one. Glad you have a credit on your electric bill -- that always helps, doesn't it? Am very glad to know that little Tang's ear is continuing to do well. Hope you're able to take him in for check soon, and will look forward to sharing with you the vet's assessment - - whatever you want to share with us.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe are having a very pleasant and peaceful evening, Tracy. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope your day in the salt mines tomorrow will be a decent one for you. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Yes, I have noticed more and more "outages" on the site here lately. My opinion of Apache servers grows dimmer every day. But I'm sure the admin is doing everything he can, God love him. Yes, it's nice to have credit on my bill, but I really could have used that extra 84.00. My bad for not paying better attention. Oh, I got another auto email from RPM - A different ops manager excused at least one of my off days. I guess her counterpart is not happy wink.gif Well, me and my tribe are pooped. Hope all is well with you and Noah. Peace

TTT
LoveMyMickey

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Dad. Thank you for adopting me...XO Tang.
LoveMyMickey
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Dad, from Tang, Theresa, and Angel Tom! You are the BEST!

Tom's Dad
OMG, THANK YOU LoveMyMickey!

I don't know where you got that pic, but it looks very much like him (well, if he were a long hair) but still. The GIF is wonderful too! I'd almost forgotten what today is.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....I'm glad you like the pic and graphics. I found them on Google Images.....Now..

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" from me and my Angel Mickey. I hope you had a good day.

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Wednesday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. So glad you are getting at least on of your medical days approved, and hopefully this means you will get PAID for that day. Every little bit helps.

I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are looking forward to your coming home and being with them. I am always glad when I get home to my precious Noah. I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that your day tomorrow in the salt mines will be a decent one for you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you again LoveMyMickey for the wonderful birthday wishes! Thank you moon_beam as always for your kind words as well.

Today I have been thrown little birthday bones, from all my buses (going in and coming home) running on time for a change, to a pretty slow day in the "pit", to the rain stopping just as I was getting off. Maybe these were Tom's gifts to me? I am home now with my loving fur kids and that's the best part of the day smile.gif

3 down and 2 to go until the next Caturday = Peace and Blessings

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...You are so very welcome, my friend! I'm sure Angel Tom was giving you the gifts of things going better yesterday. I hope everything goes well for you today. Give the furbabies a special pat for me......You all are always in my thoughts and prayers......God Bless...

TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Noah and I send you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our Thursday evening greetings. So glad your day yesterday was filled with many special unexpected blessings -- most assuredly your beloved Sir Thomas' umbrella of love reaching out to you from heaven's perfect garden.

I know you are still "doing time" in the pit as I'm writing to you, and I also know you are looking at the clock saying "just this much time to go and then I am OUT OF HERE on my way home to my precious furkids." And your precious furkids are watching the sun beginning its descent below the horizon and listening intently to the sounds - - waiting with great anticipation for the familiar sound of your footsteps in the hallway and the click of the key in the lock and - - the exuberant celebration - - "DADDY'S HOME"!!!

I hope today is being decent for you, my friend, and that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
For anybody that read my last post that I deleted, our family (Tang included) is hurting but we will prevail with love. I will post more later.
LoveMyMickey
Oh Tracy, now you have me worried.....I didn't see the deleted post. Whatever happened, you all are in my thoughts and prayers......Hugs..

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, adding my deepest concern to LoveMyMickey's about your post. I did not see your deleted post, either. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and am here for you and your fur family.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry anyone. But we had some high drama in our home last night. I wrote the original post when my emotions were very raw; I even edited it before deciding to delete it entirely. Last night when I got home (late as usual because of the stupid 7:00 OT) There was a letter on my door. My lease is up soon, and rent will be going up 41.00 monthly including pet rent (wich I don't understand, deposit yes but rent?) And now for the first time a flat fee for water. Since when do apartments charge for water?

Well, while I was processing this, I was not being very attentive. This irked Tang to the point of picking a fight with Theresa. Then when I went to clean his ear, he ran all over the apartment, fought me the whole way, and then when done ATTACKED Theresa. Not picked a fight, but brutally attacked. Her literal scream alerted me (a sound you do NOT ever want to hear) I had to physically pull him off her, my voice having no effect. Fortunately her scream was from fear as I didn't find any injuries. But when I turned to let Tang have it with both barrels, I saw terror in his eyes for the first time and he bolted all around the apartment. I was so angry I was shaking. I even said out loud "Buster you may just have misbehaved your way out of a home" From the look in his eyes, he understood me. My original post danced around the idea of getting rid of him for Theresa's safety. Which I'd never think about in a more rational state of mind. I gave him the silent treatment for the better part of the evening, ignoring his pleas for attention after my shower.

When I finally broke down and forgave him, he nuzzled my hand and arm harder than ever. By this morning both were at either side of the foot of the bed, no fighting. Last night Theresa even kept fussedly checking on him as if feeling bad for getting him in trouble. Tomorrow morning he and I are going to the vet. If he's fighting me this much on cleaning, it obviously hurts. Either I'm doing it wrong, or something else is very wrong. But we will get to the bottom of it for all our sakes.

Our family may be fractured but it is not and will not be broken. I was just very upset that for a second time I doubted my suitability as his dad. I'm sorry for being cryptic and getting folks worried sad.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm sorry about the notice you received from the management regarding the increase in rates and additional charges, and very glad to know that basically all is okay with you and your fur family health-wise. I was concerned that maybe someone - - specifically your adventurous Tang - - had attempted a new dare devil act and came up on the short end. I do know how concerned you were for your precious Theresa last night - - I once was there when I had a home of several furkids. Disagreements do occur, and sometimes they can quickly escalate into "wars" - - leaving battle scars behind. I'm glad you're getting Tang's ear checked out tomorrow, and hope his doctor can give you some encouragement and guidance. Please let us know how things go.

I hope life is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang more kindly this evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

As it turns out I was going in too deep with the swabs. But I was doing it EXACTLY the way that nurse showed me. The vet, however, said just put a little in the ear or a cotton ball or swab; massage and clean around the edges and the gunk that settle in that one outer area. I also got a refill on the Tresiderm drops to be used daily. The one nurse even called over a PetSmart trainer to consult about the behavior; she said it's normal and just keep an eye on him after the cleaning. I think he thought I was not going to bring him back (from the other night) But we are home now and I am letting them enjoy some sunshine on the balcony. Tuesday I'm working half day to go do my doctor for follow up and to ask about these headaches/light headedness I've been getting off an on (sigh) It's always something.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy..Please don't worry about us worrying, we're just concerned about a friend. I'm sorry about your rent and cat fight problems....I know what you mean about going too deep with the ear cleaning. I always had to be careful with my doggies.......I'm sorry about your headaches and light headedness, Could be sinus problems working on your inner ear.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful what's left of Caturday and Sunday. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.....God Bless..

TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, I'm so glad to see that life is returning to "normal" for you and your furkids. As LoveMyMickey has so reassuringly offered you, I'm so glad the doctor was able to give you more instruction on ear cleaning. We ALWAYS need to refresh our skills and techniques on doing things, and you and your little Tang will both benefit from your visit today with his doctor. My Oslo had to routinely have his ears cleaned, and sometimes - - despite my best efforts - - he would give me a little yelp to let me know I had gone too deep.

I hope you will not have any "grief" from your supervisor about your medical appointment on Tuesday. I hope your doctor will be able to help you with the headaches.

I hope you and your precious furkids are having a peaceful and restful Caturday. I have been doing some laundry today, one of the loads being my electric blanket. Very soon it will be time to put it on the bed, - - it needs extra time to air dry.

Thank you, Tracy, for sharing with us how your and your little Tang's visit went with his doctor today. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are close in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam

Since the vet already cleaned his ear today, Tang will get a reprieve this evening. But I'll probably put a few drops of Tresiderm in. My drs appointment Tuesday is "approved" I had my acting coach show me how to get approved time off in the system. Tuesday being the first day of November is the first day that had available group hours. The 31st has -17 (explain that for a Monday) I'm hoping it's something simple as sinuses or needing to tweek my blood pressure RX, etc. Since next week is ALL 7:00 OT it will be a nice break. Thanks as always for the concern and comments.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Noah and I are sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our Sunday morning greetings. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good sprits.

This morning is usually your laundry day, and perhaps by this hour you already have it done and are relaxing now with your precious furkids. I hpoe you will have a most enjoyable day with your furkids, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precoius Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to wish you, little Theresa, and Tang a peaceful day. I hope Tang was not a ninja or a circus boy today. wink.gif ......I hope your headaches are better too......Always remember you and furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

Today was a peacful Sunday. Long naps, no acrobatics. My headaches, light headedness come and go (not as bad when not at work, go figure) Drs appt Tuesday so that will be a mercifully short work day, but it blows away all the OT dry.gif Oh well. Tangs ear cleaning went well. He still figets but not fighting. He's sacked out total cute style in front of the circular space heater wink.gif while Theresa shamelessly has her "bath" near by. Tomorrow is Halloween and back to the pit (sigh) Hope all is well with you all. Peace and TTFN ~

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your, your precious Theresa's and little Tang's news with us. So glad your Sunday was a peaceful one. I know your little Tang appreciates all that you do for him, including keeping his ear cleaned - - but I'm sure the daily ritual does get a bit tedious for him. He is so blessed to have you for his Forever Dad, as is your precious Theresa.

I know what you mean about the headaches being worse at work than at home. I literally have the same problem - - and it's because of the increased stress levels at work. If I'm fortunate to not have a headache when I wake up before my time is finished in the pit I will have one. The flurourescent lighting doesn't help any either as it can induce migraines, and a myriad of other health hazards - - even linked to cancer exposure. And yet our government - -bless their hearts - - have passed laws outlawing incandescent lighting for mandated flurouescent lighting. I hope your doctor appointment tomorrow will offer you support and assistance with your headaches.

I know it's going to be awhile before you can sign off and make a quick exit to begin your journey home, but I imagine you are looking at the clock from time to time and counting the remaining minutes you have on duty. I hope your travels home will be safe, and that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon-beam
LoveMyMickey
"HAPPY HALLOWEEN" to Tracy, and furbabies Theresa, and Tang.
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam - Happy Halloween to you as well. In the 8 years I have lived here, I've had one, maybe two knocks at my door. This is the first year I didn't buy any candy, and guess what happens? I pretended I wasn't home ph34r.gif

Today really was like being in a "pit" as the Haunted Castle decor was still up all over my area, dim lighting included. So much for my headaches (sigh) but at least our team won the contest. But I only work 1/2 day tomorrow and will see my doctor after.

Both fur kids greeted me upon my return home on time (well as on time as I can be working until 7:00) The weather isn't bad, but I don't think there will be balcony time it being the night it is and the awful things you hear about happening to cats on this night. Since tomorrow I only work 8:30-12:00 it will be like skipping to the middle of the week when I go back to work the next day. About as close to time travel as I will ever get wink.gif Both fur kids are well, and we aregoing to settle in for the night. TTFN ~

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Tuesday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your furkids enjoyed a safe halloween last night.

I hope your doctor visit went okay today and that he / she was able to offer you some support and relief for your headaches.

I hope you and your precious furkids are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It felt SO good to leave work at noon today. I got to my neighborhood about 30 minutes before my appointment. Enough time to stop at the bank and that Walgreens to fill RXs that are there. The bank was to get quarers for laundry this weekend. Doing that because Breeder's Cup is Saturday and my cabbie said it will be a zoo; so he suggested I do my Kroger run Friday after work and he would bring me home. So, this Caturday I really will get to sleep in and not have to be anywhere smile.gif

The doctor looked over my chart and my complete bloodwork from this past August, as well as checking my BP several times. BP is good, blood sugar is good. She said to keep trying to remember my BP pill in the morning, try to eat something for breakfast, even just some juice. I never used to eat breakfast before and it didn't bother me, but alas, I'm not getting any younger. Also my glasses RX is about 8 years old, so she said I definately need to get an eye exam ASAP. No optical insurance, so I will have to wait until Dr. Bizer is running one of their specials. At least it does not appear to be anything super serious; better safe than sorry. Plus it felt good to have an afternoon off. But I suppose that it will make tomorrow seem that much longer (sigh)

I totally suprised the kittles walking in the door at 3:00 after signing my new lease (does not take place until January thank goodness) We all had a nice nap. When I woke up around 7:00, Tang was in his usual greet me post in the hallway between the bedroom and the front door at the ready. When I walked up to him from the living room he seemed a bit confused wink.gif Getting an early start to he evening so at least I can get a good night's sleep for a change. Hope all is well with you and Noah. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Sounds like you had a successful afternoon yesterday. That was nice of your cabbie to remind you of Breeder's Cup Day and the traffic........I'm glad you Dr. app't went well. I agree about the breakfast eating. I don't know if Dr.s tell their patients this or not, but it's not good to drink grapefruit juice with blood pressure pills. It causes them to absorb faster and might lower the pressure too much.

That was funny about Tang getting confused. That shows he is watching for daddy to come home from work every day...Tracy, I hope your work day is treating you well and I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful evening.

God Bless,

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this Wednesday evening. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits, and that your day in the pit is being / has been a decent one for you.

Sounds like you got a good report from your doctor, and yes, if your glasses need "upgrading" the strain on your eyes from deficient glasses will also cause headaches. Like LoveMyMickey I'm also glad your cabbie is going to help you get groceries on Friday so that you don't have to go out anywhere on Caturday.

I'm chuckling about little Tang's dedication to routine standing his post at the hour he expects you to be coming home. He will be standing his post this evening, too, in great anticipation of having daddy home for the evening.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that tomorrow in the pit will be a decent day for you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are always close in thought and prayer, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam

I knew about the grapefruit juice (I don't drink it much, and rarely buy it) Since making sure I take my pill in the morning and trying to eat a little something, It's been a little better. Glasses will have to wait until I've saved up a little more. The pit wasn't bad until after about 5:00 when there was an outage coinciding with everybody trying to make payment arrangements. But it cleared out by about 6:00 and we were able to leave at 7:00. I too found Tang's guard duty yesterday both amusing and touching. Between that and always waiting for me when I finish my shower, it's like he's saying "I know I'm not Tom dad, but I'm a pretty good boy cat and I love you" Speaking of Tom, we may have had a visit as they are both keyed up and Theresa seems to be chasing things that are not there (that I can see or hear anyway) I could not sense him though sad.gif Two more days to Caturday - the week is more than half over thank goodness. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. At this writing you are still in the pit, but I know from time to time you check the clock and are encouraged that in "just this much time" I will be OUT OF HERE heading home to my precious furkids.

Your precious Theresa and little Tang may sense your beloved Sir Thomas' presence - - and this is okay as Sir Thomas may "use" their reactions to let you know he is with you - - is close to you - - is always a part of you. Enjoy, my friend.

Hope your day in the pit is being a decent one for you. Tomrrow there is supposed to be rain in the region. I hope by the time you get your groceries tomorrow evening that you won't have to do your shopping in the rain. But that's tomorrow. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening this evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Actually I was reading your coments at the pit when it FINALLY slowed down after being slammed from lunch time to about 6ish - but we did get out on time. It rained all day and we got to stand out in it when the fire alarm went off about 10 minutes after I logged in. But it's supposed to be clear by tomorrow night. I'll get home around 10ish rather than 8ish - but (as I explained to the kittles) that means home ALL DAY Caturday! Tang is liking (well, tolerating) the new ear cleaning method, and it's been pretty well by the numbers.

Yeah, I know Tom shows his presence thru the kids I guess. Still it would be nice to feel him the way they do. I even mused aloud that Tom has gone from chasing the closet monster to more or less BEING the closet monster that gets chased. Who knows, maybe there is more than one spirit cat (or dog) here. These apartments have been here 35-40 years and I've noticed some odd goings on in the 8 that I have lived here.

One more day in the pit until another week is over. And even though I had that half day off, it seems like the longest one yet blink.gif
Well, off to settle in with the babies. Hope all is weel with you and Noah. Peace ~

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Friday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know you are still in the pit as I'm writing, and it sounds like it's going to be awhile before you get home tonight. I hope you'll be able to get your provisions quickly after work so that you can get home to your precious furkids sooner than anticipated.

The fire alarm evacuation in the rain - - oh how typical. I hope you were able to grab your umbrella on your way out so that you didn't get too soaked.

I'm chuckling about your beloved Sir Thomas' transformation into being the closet monster. That is so funny. I know there are some traits of my Eli that my little Noah has absorbed into his personality and behaviors. This is not surprising as Noah adored his big adopted kitty brother and emulated Eli during the three years they had together on this side of eternity - - not always my first choice but was awesome to watch the close bond that formed between Eli and Noah.

I know what you mean about yesterday and probably today feeling exceptionally long. I thought today would NEVER end at the pit where I work. I hope as you look at the clock at your desk that you will be able to say ' ' 'wow - - in just a few more minutes and this day will be over with!!!"

Glad to know that your little Tang is doing okay with the new ear cleaning procedure. Hope you're feeling more confident with it, too. So glad you'll have a FULL weekend with your precious furkids, my friend - - no errands to run.

Last night my desk top crashed - - blue screen and all. I was able to get it re-started okay but my internet security program would not work - - not even after re-starting at least half a dozen times to try to clear the message it kept giving me that my computer needed to be re-started. I hoped that letting it sit overnight and today turned off while I was at work and then turning on the computer fresh would clear whatever happened, but - - NOT. The security program was frozen. I had heard that in cases like that the best resolution is to un-install the program and then re-install it. My coputer would not let me re-install the program with the CD. So - - I had to call AVG and the tech rep helped me download the program and get it re-installed. So far so good. I did all the current updates and ran the security scan - - no viruses detected. So, don't know why the security program froze, but I'm ever so grateful that it is back up and running. I'm trying to make this desk top last at least one more year - - it has Windows XP Pro - - because I really can't afford a new computer right now. The grace is that I do have my new lap top to keep me "connected" in case my desk top does go terminal.

So, that has been the saga here. I'm looking forward to a quiet and peaceful evening with my precious Noah - - no more computer challenges, thank you very kindly.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The pit today was nuts. We didn't get out until 7:10 - then my bus out to Kroger was late. BUT I did end up getting home around 9:45, so that wasn't so bad. The kittles were none too pleased, but took it in fair stride. They didn't know what to make of sacks of groceries in the hall on a Friday night rather than Saturday morning laugh.gif I am all done but shower and settle in. I am SO sleeping in for real Caturday. Hope all is well with you and your precious Noah. Sorry to hear about your computer problems and hope they get better. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this Caturday.

Thank you for your best wishes about my computer. So far so good. Have the crock pot going for some home made veggie soup which will be part of tomorrow's lunch. Got the clocks turned back in preparation for standard time tomorrow. Sure wish congress would leave time alone.

Not much else going on today. Just wanted to stop by and say hello to you and your precious furkids. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my frieind. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon-beam

Let's hope your computer continues to hum away. Enjoy the soup, it sounds yummy. Today was peaceful enough. Though my intention was to sleep in, I awoke on my own around 7 (sigh) Had a rare moment a little while ago when Tang jumped onto my chest and laid down and purred for about 20 minutes. Like Tom he's more of a lay next to me rather than on me kind of guy. Tom only did it rarely - but often toward the end sad.gif
It ended when Theresa came around and glared at us. I guess she figures that's her spot. But stealing spots is name of the game around here wink.gif

I must remember to set my clocks back either before I go to sleep or when I wake up in the wee hours to do laundry. Peace and ttfn

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to see how you and furbabies are doing.....Like moon_beam I've been having computer challenges. I've still been using my old computer and my mouse died, that caused the cursor arrow to freeze. I tried out a good mouse and it still wouldn't move. I had my new computer all hooked up but not online. So I hooked up my cable modem to the new one. The hardest part of that was untangling some wires. rolleyes.gif ...Then I had to download AOL so I could get to my mail, but my long list of favorites was gone. Now I have to get used to this keyboard...Enough about me......

I hope you, little Theresa, and the "closet monster" Tang wink.gif are having a pleasant Caturday evening. An extra hour tonight or in the morning for something, I don't know what. I'll probably wake up early.

Have a blessed Sunday, Tracy, and enjoy your furbabies.....Thank you for being a friend.....TTFN...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

Last night was peaceful enough. Was up at 4 (well 3) for laundry and planning on relaxing and using that extra hour for such. Hope your computer woes are fixed soon as well.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good CaterSunday to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. So glad you were able to get your laundry done early and hope you and your fur family were able to chill the rest of the day.

Speaking of chill my neighborhood dodged a weather forecast of freezing rain / sleet for this morning - - no tears here. We have enjoyed a very sunny day -- chilly - - but dry and sunny. I"ll take it.

Sundays are very low key here, so no news to share - - all is calm, for which I am very thankful. That will change tomorrow morning when the clock alarm goes off and it's time to begin another week in the pit.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Glad you and Noah avoided the bad weather. It's supposed to stay somewhat warm here too for the next few days. Not much to report. Usual aches and pains. This time in my left foot. I'm starting to think I'm injuring myself in my sleep sad.gif It's more or less bearable now, but going to allow myself twice as much time to get to the bus tomorrow, cane in hand if need be. SO tired of something always hurting. Theresa and Tang both snuggled with me while napping on the sofa which was nice. Both are doing well. Another week in the pit about to begin. But at least the only 7:00 night I'll have is Friday which is not too bad. Heck even had to volunteer 2 days to get in the usual 5 hours of much needed OT. All my best to you and your precious Noah. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I'm glad to see that you and furbabies had a peaceful Sunday. I love the weather we're having, mild and sunny, pretty autumn leaves falling everywhere. I didn't get that extra hour sleep last night, woke up early. But it will be nice and light when I get up early to do some errands tomorrow.......That stupid cursor arrow is still sitting in the middle of my old computer. I ordered the exact same mouse I had from Walmart, should get it in a few days........My Favorites in AOL just popped up today in their window, so I feel at home now.

Well, Tracy I hope the work week treats you well and I hope you, Sgt Tang, and Princess Theresa have a peaceful evening.....I always think of sweet Angel Sir Thomas too....God Bless you all....TTFN.....P.S. I hope your foot gets better. I know what you mean about old aches and pains.

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

Glad you have a good back up computer - hope you can get the other one fixed soon. All our best from me, Sgt.Tang (AKA the amazing flying Tang) Princess Theresa, and always the loving living spiirit of Sir Thomas.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang on this Monday evening. I know you are still in the pit, but I hope today is being a decent one for you.

I know your precious furkids are looking forward to hearing the familiar sound of your footsteps in the hall and the sound of the key in the door - - and I know you are looking forward to your welcoming committee. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening.

Thank you so much for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

The pit was busy this morning, but pretty much out of queue by the afternoon and I left at 6:30 on the dot. I didn't sign up for any additional OT tomorrow so I get an extra 1/2 hour with the babies tonight/tomorrow morning. Took almost exactly twice as long to walk to and from the bus stop as I predicted (sigh) Hopefully this particular pain will go away soon. Both were there to greet me tonight and the ear cleaning went well enough w/o any fights. One down, four to go. Thanks for checking on me and peace to you and Noah. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits -- which I KNOW will happen for sure when you are finally home with your precious furkids.

So glad you're being able to get out of the pit 30 minutes earlier - - that makes a BIG DIFFERENCE. I'm so sorry that you're having mobility challenges. Boy do I know what that's like. I hope this will pass quickly for you and you'll be able to feel a bounce in your step again. I must use a cane - - sometimes my walker - - particularly for long distance walking and to steady me up and down steps and street curbs. It's a permanent part of my life. I hope it is only a temporary part of yours.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow in the pit will be a decent one for you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories and visits of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Getting out 30 minute early tonight did me no good at all tonight. My first bus was 15 minutes late. I could have caught the next one of my second buses, but was really not up to the "long" walk home. So I waited the extra 15 minutes for the next "my" bus - gettimg me home more than 30 minutes late (the driver on that Fern Valley bus is ALWAYS late) And boy, do the kittles KNOW when I'm late (sigh)

But, I am home, and hurrying to get things done, while trying to explain to them it's so I can have as much "quality" time with them as possible (since dopey me signed up for OT and have to go in an hour earlier the next 2 days) Hope all is well with you and your precious Noah - TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.