Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy dampish sometimes rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I know your precious Theresa will thoroughly enjoy the warmth of the heating pad whenever you plug it in for her.

In this current job, do you have supervisors monitoring your calls? Depending on the length of each call, four calls an hour can be challenging. I admire you for doing call center work. I know so well from my years of employment in the clerical field that answering the phone is mentally exhausting, and is ranked as being a "high burn out" part of the job. I hope somehow you will find some satisfaction in this current job, and that eventually - - hopefully sooner than later - - there will be opportunities for you to explore other positions with this employer. Please let us know how things go.

Glad you were able to get some of your errands done yesterday on your way home. I know it will be a "bummer" having your weekends split into two separate days instead of them being consecutive. I presume you will be working Thanksgiving Day in a couple of weeks, but the good news is that you will have Friday off. Hope you are able to get your chores / errands done early today so that you and your precious fur family can enjoy most of this day together.

My precious Noah slept in while I took my shower this morning. No sunbeams today to enjoy, but the birds seem to be enjoying the light rain / drizzle as I can hear them singing even though the big doors are closed. Will probably need to turn the space heaters on again to take the dampness out of the basement living quarters. Not much going on today. I'm sooooo glad I did my errands in town yesterday so that I can do my grocery errand this coming Tuesday, 11/10.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm sorry you and he did not have sunbeams to enjoy. As rough as that is on the human psyche, it's worse for our feline companions I know from experience.

Yes, we have sups and a few team leads and a separate QA for call monitor. What we don't have (that we did when I did this last) are people walking the floor to help. Oh we have a group chat which 100% useless. We are pretty much on our own dry.gif

Today didn't start out so well. When I got to the laundry room (early) there was a woman intent on using every machine - only my timely appearance stopped her. She ended up throwing someone else's finished load from a washer all over the shelf above the machines. I will not miss that part of being off Saturdays.

Grocery errand was much better. I got the bus up there and had to walk home (No UPS bus due for almost 2 hours) I was still home before 9:00. I allowed balcony time while putting things away and starting breakfast, as there was some sun at that time. The rest of the day has been a relaxed one. Theresa and Tang are doing well as I'm always happy to report.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny coolish Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Not having a floor assistant to help with calls can be challenging, but perhaps management is giving the call reps more latitude in handling the calls instead of "micro managing". I'm just speculating as I'm not there and don't know the dynamics of the expectations. But perhaps not having a floor assistant will give you more latitude in excelling in your current position. If you have questions about something, I hope you have the avenues open to you to ask a supervisor about them so that you can do your job efficiently.

Sorry you had to do your laundry yesterday with competition for a machine, but am glad you were able to get the chore done. Am also glad you were able to get your grocery errand done in a timely manner so that you and your precious companions could enjoy most of the day together.

Not much going on here today. My precious boy is enjoying the artificial sunbeams from the space heaters as cloud cover is returning for more rain later today and most of tomorrow.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and clear greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm sorry your boy had to settle for artificial sunbeams today.

Having wider latitude is fine, when you know what you're doing. Like I said,we have the chat but I've yet to see a single question addressed/answered in there - it's like they really just don't care.

Woke up at 6:00 this morning to my alarm. I took care of my kids needs and went on to provision the waifs. I saw Lulu in passing and encountered Tux a little out of his territory down by the 2nd feeding station. I did get to pet and talk to him for a moment.

The rest of the day has been laid back and relaxed. Theresa and Tang are both doing well and have provided loving company. Separately and together. The latter a form of "competition" I suppose rolleyes.gif

Not much else going on. I offered balcony time, but it was short lived due to it being cool. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy chilly Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It's always a blessing to share your news that your precious fur family, and you, are doing well, and I'm also glad to know you were able to see Lulu and Tux during your provisions yesterday.

Was busy this morning on the big desk top working on some financials and a project I'm working on for Noah's doctor. She asked me to bring some pictures in of my precious Noah and his beloved fur family members who are now with the angels to hang on a wall in her practice that she has dedicated as a gallery for her clients. So I have selected four pictures - - one each of Noah, Abbygayle, Oslo, and Eli and am making a collage in a single frame for her. I just need to print out the pictures and then decide on the backgrounds for them to mount into the frame. Also placed an order with Amazon for some items that should be delivered sometime this week. My precious boy slept in this morning snuggled under the warm blankets but joined me at the computer just as I was finishing up. He has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages warming on the stove.

So today starts your new schedule, and I know it will be an adjustment. Still, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Wet and very cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. What a wonderful idea about the collage of Noah and your other precious ones that crossed the bridge. If it's anywhere near as good as the DVDs you sent me, it will be great I'm sure. I can imagine it might have been hard to do though. It reminds me that Sir Thomas has his 5 year angelversary coming up next month sad.gif

Well, it's official on my first day out of training/nesting. I truly dislike this job. Not as much as some others over the past 5 years, and it beats the alternative. But, yeah. At least it did slow down some after lunch and I would have got out on time had I not forgotten my jacket on my chair huh.gif

I went out into the chilly evening mist to get my bus 15 minutes late (downtown usual nonsense) But he made up about 5 minutes of it which was good I suppose.

Theresa and Tang both met me at the door. Both are well ,although Tang was in a bit of a snit. When I tried to move his can food bowl to where he could get at it better, he (albeit briefly) growled at me ohmy.gif Perhaps I startled him. He seems better now.

I hope today has been kind to you and your precious Naoh and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, now sunny coolish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you are disliking this job. Perhaps because it's the "same old" call center job you have been doing and - - if you had your first choice preference - - you would be doing something "different" other than call center work. It seems once you do a job for awhile employers "pigeonhole" applicants / employees into that one job category. Hopefully in time you will be able to expand your horizons to get a job you really would prefer. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and hopefully you will eventually be able to transition to a better / different job title. Is there some way you could "apprentice" for a different position with your current employer? Does HR offer any type of employee "mentoring" for job advancement that you could eventually apply for? Please let us know how things go.

Today was an earlier rise day with several errands to do. The biggest one was grocery shopping. Since I wanted to stop by the bank afterward, I had to get to Kroger later than normal - - and consequently, ended up waiting in a long line to get checked out. What a difference 30 minutes makes!! Next stop was to the pharmacy to pick up some personal care items that Kroger does not carry, and by the time I was done there the bank had been open for business for about 15 minutes. Ended up waiting about 15 minutes to get an attendant at the drive thru - - who left the window after servicing one drive thru customer - - and who knew I was also waiting - - to wait on in-bank customers who had opted to go inside rather than wait in the drive thru lanes. The good news is that once I was done there the two traffic lights were timed in my favor so I was able to get home safely to my little boy after 2 hours of errands. The rest of today is going to be as low key as I can make it enjoying my precious Noah's company - - who is enjoying the sunbeams through the big doors.

I truly wish you could find a job that was more to your liking, my friend. Just keep doing the good job you're doing and keep your options open. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm sorry you got caught up in long waits at the store and bank. I know firsthand how very frustrating that can be. I'm glad to hear the traffic lights were on your side at least.

Thanks for the encouragement about the job. But I'm pretty sure I'm stuck doing this for the foreseeable future dry.gif Today was rendered academic by illness anyway. At least I'll get to burn up some PTO I wouldn't have been able to use (and therefore lose next year) this year.

Theresa and Tang were more than pleased to spend the extra time with me today though. Both are well I'm pleased to report.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny coolish quite breezy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine how disappointed you are feeling "stuck" in doing call center work that is not your first preference. Call center work is a high burn out job - - it is mentally and emotionally draining - - emotionally because you are dealing with some customers who are deliberately rude and abusive regardless of your attempts to help them - - in addition to customers who are understandably upset and frustrated who are receptive to your efforts. I hope somehow you will find some form of satisfaction in being able to help the latter set of customers. Please let us know how things go.

I'm so sorry you were not feeling well yesterday, and am glad you were able to take the day to rest and take care of yourself. Hope you are feeling better today so that you could go into work.

There were a lot of Windows updates to do today so I have been focusing on getting them done on both the big desk top and the lap top. So this has been the primary focus of today's activities thus far. The major part of my Amazon order was delivered this morning. One more item is coming from a different vendor and is scheduled to arrive sometime around 11/30 - - give or take a couple of days. My precious Noah has been keeping me faithful company all through the activities, and is now letting me know he is eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl.

Once again, my friend, I hope you are feeling better today - - whether or not you're able to make the trip into work. I hope today is treating you kindly, and that - - if you were able to make it into work - - that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a bit cool Veteran's Day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear you have received most of your items from Amazon and hope the rest comes soon.

Thanks again for the continued support on the job. I'm feeling better today (thanks for asking) I'll never like it, but am hoping to get to a point where I don't hate it at least. It was back to back calls up until 4:00, and then I had about 15 minutes or more in between until 5:30 when I left. I'm even starting to be able to recall some things w/o having to look in the KB.

I caught the bus home on the second pass around not only on time but about a minute early (I won't tell if the driver doesn't) wink.gif Theresa and Tang were eagerly awaiting my return in the foyer. Both are well I'm happy to say and they each scarfed down their can food happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly gusty windy Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were feeling better yesterday and able to go into work. I'm glad you're being able to handle some of your calls without having to look things up in your reference book. This shows you're beginning to find some confidence in what you're doing. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and - - keep your options open both with this employer and possibilities elsewhere as you think appropriate. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for the best of this job to come your way.

Not much happening here today. My precious Noah is still snuggled under blankets as I'm writing to you. I try my best not to disturb him when he sleeps in. Am glad I don't have any errands or major chores on the agenda for today so that I can share the day with my precious boy.

Once again, my friend, I'm glad you are feeling better, and hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, cool and windy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I so understand about not wanting to disturb Noah when he sleeps in. There have been mornings I was not able to make the bed before heading out to work because Theresa was still curled up in the covers wub.gif

Back to back calls up until just before 5:00 (UGH) At least I'm off tomorrow. I have to work this Saturday, but I snagged the next 2 off. The one after T-Day that I already had and now the one before. Got to try and burn up that PTO or lose it.

The bus was a few minutes late - no big deal. I stopped off at Dollar Tree and they had a plethora of frozen fruit happy.gif But no strawberries. Save a Lot has those though. I had plenty of time to catch the UPS bus home but gave up after about 10 minutes. Wouldn't you know as soon as I am down the back way just far enough away, it goes by (sigh)

Theresa and Tang patiently (or rather impatiently) awaited me at the door. Both are well and scarfed down their can food even faster than last night. Its not like I don't leave plenty of dry out while I'm away. I guess those nights of "skipping" when they don't eat it has had an impact wink.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly gusty windy T G I F greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Soooo glad to share your news that you will have a pleasant long Thanksgiving weekend, and a very nice weekend next week as well. I'm so glad for you. And from my much younger years I can so relate to seeing the bus go by in opting to make the hike home. The good news is that you arrived home safely to your precious fur family who are always ecstatic to see you.

Not much happening around the homestead today. We have bright sunbeams but temps are only in the 50's and the wind is quite gusty breezy. My precious Noah is doing well, which is always a blessing to share with you. Got an e-mail notice this morning that my bank statement is ready to print off so my precious Noah will be helping me reconcile the checkbook with the bank statement at some point in time.

Hope you are able to get your errands / chores done quickly today so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy most of this day together and have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and chilly Friday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm chuckling at your comment about Noah 'helping' you balance your checkbook. I had no idea felines were so good at math wink.gif But then, mine like to 'help' me read my books.

I was first in the laundry room this morning, but hardly alone. At least I got my preferred machines. There was a notice up that next month they will put in all new machines and we will be issued smart cards that we can put money on to use them. Watch them raise the rates on that too dry.gif But at least I won't have to go to the bank to get quarters anymore. Waiting in that line is what made me miss the UPS bus yet again today. But I did still get home by 9:30.

The resat of the day has been laid back and relaxed. I offered balcony time while putting things away, but had no takers except Theresa briefly. She saw those sunbeams and dashed out before I had the door all the way open. Then she came right back in almost glaring as if to say "You tricked me daddy!" Both she and Tang are well I'm always happy to report.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can just hear your precious Theresa "Daddy, what on earth is going on out there. Yeah, there are sunbeams but - - it's c o o l d. I'd rather be in here with you and Tang."

I know what you mean about the possible increase in costs in using the new machines with the cash cards. There always has to be an increase for some reason. Still, now being able to load the money onto the card will be a "savings" in time and aggravation having to go the bank to get the coins.

My precious Noah is still under blankets as I'm writing to you. The only thing peeking out from under the blankets this morning when I got up was his tail. If I thought I could get a picture of this without disturbing him I would - - but for now this will be a precious memory added to my heart.

When I got up the wind was calm but now looking out the big double doors from the computer desk I see the wind has picked up quite a bit again, so I guess we are in for another blustery day. The big desk top is finishing up installing another needed Windows update so will get busy with printing off bank statements and scheduling a payment for the Amazon purchases received this week. Will also do some work on the project for Noah's doctor. So I'll be busy for awhile.

This will be your last working Caturday for November - - I'm sooo happy for you. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and chilly Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm so smiling at your little man's "Kodak" moment. I have often not been able to snap pics of mine (in time anyway) - such as when they are close enough to almost cuddle (without fighting) But the memories are forever treasures.

Well, so completes my first week solo and on my regular schedule. It was hardly stellar. At least the call volume was light. About 2 calls an hour and pretty simple ones. I can see why why it was easy to get the next 2 off. In fact, I put in for the next 3 after that which should tap out my PTO for 2015 (I was already denied the one after Christmas)

That commute was killer and felt twice as difficult going home. But I did finally get home to an eagerly awaiting Theresa and Tang. Both are well and settling in. I hate to cut this short, but my legs and back are killing me.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I hope you were able to get some rest last night so that your legs and back are feeling better today.

Sorry you will have to deal with the after Christmas commute, but hope you will be able to get the Caturdays you have applied for. "Surviving" the first week of "solo" work is a major accomplishment, and you should be proud of yourself. I'm glad you haven't been inundated with calls - - at least not yet. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and please know I'm hoping this job will turn out to be a good one for you. Please let us know how things go.

My precious Noah was the first one up this morning, so I followed shortly afterward. He has been enjoying the sunbeams coming in through the big door windows, and he is now on his bathroom window perch. Perhaps at some point in time we can have a cuddle later on this morning.

Yesterday was busy on the big desk top printing out my bank statement and accompanying checks. The bank's website was having "technical difficulties" with Chrome so I tried I E and was able to get done what I wanted to do. Have gone through the checkbook to mark the payments made per the statement and now all I need to do is the reconciliation at some point this week.

Looks like we still have a gusty breeze outside but thankfully not a "howling" one as we had a couple of days ago. I hope the sunbeams are shining bright and cheerful at your homestead so that your precious fur family can enjoy some balcony time - - temperatures permitting. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool Sunday (or the new Caturday) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear he could have some sunbeams to enjoy today. Sorry to hear about your technical difficulties, but glad you were able to complete your tasks in he end.

Thanks for the encouragement about the job, but for now the most optimistic I can be is, it is what it is: a job to pay the bills.

Woke up about and hour ahead of my alarm and decided to "get things done". I took care of Theresa and Tang (food, water, litter, Tang's insulin) Then I proceeded to provision the waifs. Must have been a bit of a freeze last night as I had to knock some ice out of the water bowls. I didn't see any of my charges this morning.

I then proceeded to make some breakfast, to which Tang mooched a few bites of my sausage (a Sunday morning tradition started with Sir Thomas, that Tang carries on) the rest of the day has been spent watching TV and napping, which produced some strange dreams. Not uncommon when I'm either stressed or unsure of the path my life is taking (or isn't in some cases) It's about as warm as it's going to get now, so I offered up balcony time. Perfectly timed with them finishing their can food. Both my kids are well as I am always glad to report.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. tTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny delightful Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your precious fur tribe were able to enjoy yesterday together with no errands or major chores to do.

The weather today is right on target as forecasted, so I decided to don my yard work clothes this morning to begin the task of leaf removal in the back yard. I managed to get dressed and outside without distrubing my precious boy who was snuggled nicely under blankets. Got both the lower and upper end of the slope of the yard raked up to the where the ground levels out on the back wall of the garage. And I'm soooo happy to share with you that there is GRASS growing in the area that the contractor worked on. YEA!!! I'm almost tempted to have him do the same thing for the rest of the back yard. But will wait to see about that.

As I was working on leaf removal I took the opportunity to look up at the roof and it appears to me that there are a few shingles missing along the peak of the roof line where the garage roof meets with the inside wall of the house. So I called the company who installed the roof to arrange an appointment for someone to come inspect the roof to make sure everything is okay - - and to make any necessary repairs if needed. I'm waiting for a call back to confirm the appointment. The roof is guaranteed for 45 years - - so if repairs are needed they should be at no cost to me.

As I was taking my shower my precious Noah joined me in the bathroom to keep me company and is now settled in front of the space heater enjoying the warmth of the "artificial sunbeams". The real sunbeams have shifted away from the big door windows - - so no real sunbeams to enjoy now. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl which I know he will thoroughly enjoy.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and drizzly greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear about the damage to your roof shingles, but glad to hear you are covered. Also good news about the grass growing - even if it is late in the year for it.

The one universal constant of every single call center I have worked at is this: Mondays stink. Largely because they are the busiest dry.gif Such was true today. Back to back right up until well after 4:00. And even that was not much better.

My bus going home was about 10 minutes late and try as he might, the poor driver could not make any of it up this time. Something about rainy days I guess. But I did get home to find Theresa and Tang (im)patiently waiting on me at the door. When I said "I'm opening a fresh can of food tonight!" They perked right up happy.gif More proof they really DO understand us. Both are well I'm happy to say.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

The website is up and running again. YEA!! Sorry your Monday was challenging - - as Mondays usually are. The good news is that you endured through it, and the travels home as well.

Today has all been about finances - - trying to reconcile the checkbook with the bank statement but not successful yet. Will try again after taking a break from it. My precious Noah is doing well. He is streched out on my legs now taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

Just two more days to get through and then you have Friday and Caturday off to enjoy your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I saw your email and tried to reply but it hung up on me (I hate TWC mail) So I will try to answer here as my time is so limited (I'm sorry) You mentioned hearing from your roofing contractor? I hope all turns out well with that (here again, it was hanging while even trying to read it)

Work was work. No sense dwelling on my prison sentence. Bus home was 10 minutes late again and made worse by a lady getting on in expensive designer clothes "fumbling" for her money to the point the driver had had it and just told her to sit down (she never did pay or get off her cell)

I got home to an anxious Theresa and Tang in my foyer at the door. Both are well I'm happy to say. Once again, I am so sorry for the brevity and not being able to answer your email. There is so little time in my work days sad.gif

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy dampish coolish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I perfectly understand "limited time" - - and especially since you are working with a long commute added. I'm glad you received my e-mail, and I also understand all about "technical difficulties."

The roofing contractor arrived around 1:45 p.m.. He explained that the "break" in the roofing shingles along the peak of the roof is normal because it is in the area where one height of the roof ends and the height of another section of roof begins between the garage and the inside wall of the house. It looks different from the back of the house - - where I was working - - from the front of the house where you can see the difference in the height of the roof where the two peaks meet from the garage to the inside wall of the house. So I'm glad to know that's okay. He also checked the gutter guards which passed inspection with some areas needing some cleaning. So I'm good to go. He suggested I have the gutter guards scrubbed at some point in time next spring as there is evidence that roofing "sludge" is beginning to build up in some of the drainage holes - - but it's not a "high priority" now.

Since I didn't know when the roofing contractor would arrive between "1 and 4 p.m." I gave Noah his lunch a bit earlier. It just happened that he was in the middle of eating his lunch when the doorbell rang - - and the doorbell always frightens him. I hope his lunch will agree with his sweet tummy - - he seems to be okay as I'm writing to you enjoying the "artificial sunbeams" of the space heater.

Was able to get some work done on the big desk top this morning checking on financials before I begin preparing the "bill-a-thon" for December. And I also printed off the pictures I'm using in the collage for Noah's doctor. So that project is making progress.

The timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is now ready so will get this off to you. As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear that your contractor was able to allay your fears about your roof, but sorry to hear it spooked poor Noah. I hope he was OK afterward.

Today started out slow believe it or not (average 15 minutes between calls) but picked up later until after lunch. People from the old place ask me how I like it. Too bad I can't give them an honest answer. And don't get me started on the people who get paid to walk around with a cup of coffee socializing. I'm sure you know what that's like.

My bus home was 15 minutes late tonight dry.gif The substitute driver looked on the verge of giving me grief about what side of the street I was boarding. I gave her a look that pretty much said "DON'T!" It was just me and one other person riding tonight. So much better than when I worked downtown.

Theresa and Tang eagerly greeted me at the door wub.gif Both are well I'm glad to report and are settling in for the evening. Theresa is being especially aggressive lately about getting attention as if to say" "I'm here too daddy!" Good for her happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, now sunny coolish Thursday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know from first hand experience how disappointing it is to be in a new job that is just a continuation of doing what you would prefer not to be doing. I know you are thankful to have the job for the financial stability it provides you and your precious companions - - and sometimes this is what counts the most. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and please know I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this job will eventually prove to be a "jewel in disguise".

Have been working on financials this morning preparing for scheduling online December payments on Monday, 11/23. My precious Noah is doing well - - no problems from yesterday's doorbell interruption while he was eating his lunch. He is eagerly anticipating his lunch as I'm writing to you - - so will get this off to you.

Just a few more hours to go and then you will be able to enjoy a very pleasant long weekend with your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear Noah was not too put off by the doorbell.

Thanks, as always, for the encouragement on the job. I am grateful to have a better paying job than the last. I don't hate it, exactly, but you're right: It's a continuation of something I really don't like . That being said, I will try to soldier on as always.

My bus home was only 5 minutes late tonight. So, I guess that's - better. Theresa and Tang were eagerly awaiting my in the foyer. I don't know how they know, but I figure they have to be there well before I put my key in the door. Both are well and settling in for the evening, as will I soon.

I have not seen any of my usual "customers" provisioning the waifs lately. I can only hope they are OK and continue my efforts. I did read a news item yesterday in that regard they gave me a warm feeling. The local Alley Cat Advocates just got a 84K grant that will help them help over 2,000 homeless/feral waifs.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chily breezy T G I F greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your travels home yesterday provided you an "earlier" arrival home - - even if it was just by a few minutes. Hope you are able to get your chores / errands done in a timely manner today so that you and your precious fur family can enjoy this wonderfully long weekend together.

My precious Noah went upstairs last night for some quality private time, so I once again tackled the challenge of trying to reconcile the checkbook with the bank statement - - and was successful this time. My fingers do not always hit the keys on the calculator properly - - so therein lies the problem. I'm glad that's done and now have confidence moving forward with December's finances.

Today I'm trying to get caught up with some e-mails. My precious Noah is doing well - - he is looking forward to his lunch and is letting me know that his tummy is running on fumes, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and chilly TGIF to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear you were able to successfully complete your financials.

I woke up a few minutes before my alarm clock (which was set for 6:00) this morning. The laundry room was empty right up until I went to get my clothes from the dryer, and by that time it didn't matter. I took care of my brood and went to provision the waifs. I saw Tux and a fluffy little Siamese. Tux was putting on a show of batting at her, but stopped when I said no. In petting him, I was almost able to get the Siamese to come up to me - but not quite.

From there I proceeded to the bus stop to do my grocery shopping. I didn't stop off at Dollar Tree last night and thought I was going to have to wait until they open. But to my pleasant surprise, they open at 8:00 for the the holidays. I went there and Save a Lot. I did the shopping for the coming week and Turkey Day. To my amazement, I spent considerably less than I thought I would. But boy did I have a lot to carry. My cart and backpack were full as well as another reusable grocery bag. My hands were literally full.

When I got home to put things away and take out the trash, I allowed for some balcony time since there were sunbeams. Only my sun worshiper stayed out for any length of time though. Theresa and Tang are both well and we have spent the rest of the day being lazy in preparation for our Caturday together cool.gif

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Caturday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to see Tux and the little Siamese kitty yesterday during your provisioning as I know you get concerned when you don't see them for awhile. I'm smiling at your precious Theresa enjoying the sunbeams. I can hear her sigh with delight basking in the warmth of the sunbeams. Am also glad you were able to get your errands and chores done quickly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy this long weekend together.

My precious Noah and I slept in this morning, but I was able to start the day without disturbing him from enjoying the warmth of blankets for awhile longer. Got some work done on the big desk top which is now going through its security scan. My precious boy finally joined me at the big desk top approving everything I did, and is keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Looking forward to a quiet afternoon and evening together.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, windy and chilly Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both dong well. Chuckling at your little man giving his "paw of approval" on your work happy.gif

I awoke ahead of my alarm once again today. I took care of my brood and then provisioned the waifs. I didn't see any today probably due to the chilly weather. I think they get into the storm tunnels under the back path sidewalk as it's warm there.

The rest of the day has been spent lazily lounging with my precious Theresa and Tang whom were most happy about me being home today. Both are doing well I'm always pleased to report.

When I went to take out the trash and check my mail, I decided to take a few extra steps to the 5 star and get some soda (I forgot it yesterday) They always have a variety of RC 2 liter products for 99 cents. I think the walk (even though I had a jacket) really made me feel the effects of the colder weather today.

Not much else to report. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Good cold and windy Caturday evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! I hope all is well in your land of kitties, yours, and the little waifs.

We are doing ok here. All three of the cats are about the same size now and are doing well. We have several boxes on the carport with cut out doors, but they prefer to sit or lay on top. I put several old throw rugs on top of a heavy duty Amazon box with a little fuzzy blanket on top that I crocheted years ago. When its cold all three cuddle together on it. I put a regular bed pillow on the inside of the box, but I don't know if they ever go inside.

They are always here for breakfast, that's when they get the good stuff, canned food. They get dry food all day and evening, and maybe some leftover table meat. I wear my animal print house shoes in the mornings when we go out to feed them. Blackie always checks them out and pats them sometimes. biggrin.gif Sometimes Socks shows up for breakfast, but no other strays like we used to get.

Well, that's all the cat tales for now so I will say goodnight and God Bless. Always thinking of our little angels Sir Tom and Mickey. I only see butterflies in my dreams now, usually a little white one.

I always pray for you and your job and your furbabies.......TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. I hope you and yours had a good Caturday.

Thank you so much for sharing your news about your waifs. You say 3 cats? That would be Fluffy and the kittens? (because you don't mention her by name) I hope she, Socks, Blackie and Stryker are doing well.

It's very kind for you to put out the boxes and extra blankets in addition to what sounds like a steady flow of food. I wish I could do things like that for my waifs, but I'm sure some "hater" of a tenant would ruin it.

Everything is OK here with Princess Theresa, Lt. Tang (who's "job" it is to keep the monsters away while I shower) and me. This time of year we won't be seeing any butterflies I guess. Let us hope that Angels Mickey and Sir Thomas send us many in our dreams. Blessings and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly breezy Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope you don't have an repercussions from getting a chill yesterday. I'm so glad you and your precious fur tribe had a lazy day yesterday to enjoy, and hope today will be equally enjoyable.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah and I were up at the same time today -- don't want to waste any of those sunbeams coming in through the big windows. He's settled in front of the space heater at he moment giving himself a spruce up as I'm writing to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and literally freezing (32 degrees) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

I woke up on my own a little after 5:00 this morning. Took care of my brood then provisioned the waifs - no shows again, but understandable considering the chilly temperatures.

Been a lazy day here too. The sunbeams being deceptive when I opened the sliding doors to the balcony a little while ago. My sun worshiper zipped out there and had a similar look on her face as last time. But this time she was determined not to let the cold "beat" her. That lasted all of about 30 seconds laugh.gif I was greeted with shaking paws and a twitch of her tail.

Both Theresa and Tang are doing well and have been good cuddle bugs today. She curled up next to me on the couch, and he on the arm by my head; treating me to "stereo" purring wub.gif

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Monday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So very glad you and your precious fur family had a delightfully lazy day together yesterday.

Today was an early rise morning to take care of a couple of quick errands and then settle down in front of the big desk top to work on scheduling December's payments. My precious Noah was up early with me so was able to get blankets straightened before heading out to do errands, and has been keeping me faithful company as I worked on financials. He is now letting me know that it's getting time for some lunch to appear in his bowl, so will get this off to you. The rest of today will be a quiet one as working intensely on financials gives me a headache as I really have to concentrate hard on what I'm doing.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_bean. Sunny and cold (had to actually don my winter coat today) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well and that your errands were free of any problems.

Started out the day by staying on the bus to work to Kroger. I needed to fully provision my tribe as only I can do there, and picked up a box of cornbread stuffing for T day that Save a Lot didn't have. The call volume was in no way slow, but hardly worthy of a Monday. For this I will not complain. Only 2 more days to go before being off for 4.

The bus ride home was a few minutes late but only one other person on there tonight. I SO do not miss the other bus overcrowded with thugs. I saw the bob tail orange and white cat, but could not get close enough to see if they ever got to TNR him. I saw the little gray and white one too.

Theresa and Tang eagerly awaited me at the door and delighted in the "bounty" I brought home to them happy.gif Both are doing well and settling in.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope you have your shopping done now so that you don't have to endure the crowds as the days get closer to Thanksgiving. I'm glad you were able to see some of the community waifs who benefit from your loving provisions and protection.

It was delightful to be able to sleep in a little longer this morning with my precious Noah snuggled next to me. He remains snuggled under the blankets as I'm writing to you. I'm so glad I was able to get the major portion of the bill-a-thon done yesterday - - just have two more payments to schedule online but need to wait for the invoices first. Now I can turn my attentions to getting the Christmas cards ready to be mailed on my next errand run. Otherwise not much happening around the homestead today.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and less cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. How nice that you both got to sleep later and have cuddles this morning happy.gif

Today was a little busier today, but slowing down earlier. I suspect this will be the pattern tomorrow as well. I'm glad not just for the 4 days off, but not having to work "Black Friday" Not that that day will be a picnic. I have 2 new Star Trek novels on hold at the library that have to be picked up by then, and my neighborhood branch doesn't open until 10:00 (sigh)

The bus home was a little later than yesterday, but I was the only one on there again. I didn't see any of my waifs on the way in tonight either. Theresa and Tang were eagerly awaiting my arrival in the doorway wub.gif Both are well I'm always happy to report.

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Wednesday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It sounds like your commute is easier in the respect that you aren't harassed by unruly passengers anymore - - and this is a blessing all of its own. I know your precious companions are always ecstatic to have you home safe and sound.

I'm so very glad you will be off tomorrow as well as the remainder of the Thanksgiving weekend. You have endured several years of not having this opportunity - - it is one that has been well-earned. And I know your precious fur tribe will thoroughly enjoy having daddy home.

Not much going on today. Even though the sunbeams are bright outside they don't feel toasty warm coming in through the big door windows, so my precious Noah is stretched out in front of the space heater enjoying the artificial sunbeams as I'm writing to you. The natural sunbeams won't feel warm again until next spring - - just 4 months from now.

Once again, my friend, I am totally delighted that you and your precious companions will have this long Thanksgiving weekend together. ENJOY!!! I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe, comfortable, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a tad warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear your little man has to make due with the "artificial" sunbeams, bless his heart.

I don't know if I've earned the extra time off, but I sure appreciate it. We started out slow until someone had to comment on that and jinx us dry.gif Sure enough, the queue exploded. But by mid afternoon it pretty much died. My bus home was 10 minutes late picking me up (sub driver of course) and 15 when I got off. Of course I just barely missed the UPS bus home after my Dollar Tree run. Par for the course right before I'm about to be off for an extended period.

Theresa and Tang were especially excited when I finally came in the door. As much for knowing I'm off for 4 days as my tardiness. Both are well I'm happy to say.

I have my turkey loaf and pumpkin pie in the oven as I write this, and everything else can be prepared in minutes on the stove top. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening and a joyous Thanksgiving. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Thanksgiving greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you arrived home safe and sound yesterday to your precious companions who are thoroughly enjoying having daddy home, and hope you and your precious fur family have enjoyed this day together.

It has been a busy day here working on the big desk top. Finally got everything done, with my precious Noah's help. Am looking forward to a quiet evening with my precious Noah.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer Thanksgiving greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

For a treat, I put out some of the Fancy Feast I had left for the waifs that my brood didn't like in addition to the dry food this morning.

I actually prepared dinner last night and it's been leftovers all day today (had to share with Tang of course) I allowed for some balcony time when it warmed up into the 60s, but had to cut is short when I almost got dive bombed by a wasp - this late in the year ohmy.gif

The rest of the day has been spent napping and watching TV - too bad nothing was on. Theresa and Tang are doing well as I am always happy to report.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, mostly sunny T G I F greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your precious fur family had a pleasant leisurely Thanksgiving day yesterday - - that's how Thanksgiving is supposed to be - - in my opinion.

Since the forecast for today was for sunbeams and temps in the 60's I donned my yard work clothes and worked out in the back yard raking more leaves. Started at the upper end on the back wall of the garage and worked my way down the upper slope toward the back fence line for the first raking in that area. Took a few minutes time out and then did the second raking down the slope starting at the deck. Got that done as well. Cannot believe I got that much done in 2 hours. Just as I finishing the lower end of the slope the resident on the property adjoining mine on the basement end of the house decided it was time to shoot his air rifle - - perfect timing to come back inside. My precious Noah was on his bathroom window bench enjoying the sunbeams when I came in, but decided he would enjoy the artificial sunbeams of the space heater while I took my shower. He is now patiently waiting for me to get his lunch.

I have an invitation to join my brother and his wife in Bedford tomorrow afternoon. Depending on how early I start the day tomorrow morning - - as my precious Noah and I might be able to enjoy a longer snuggle tomorrow morning - - I might not be able to fire up my computer to get a note off to you - - just want you to know this may be a possibility so that you don't get concerned. But I will definitely be online Sunday.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy but warmer TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you accomplished a lot outside today. Sorry to hear about your "trigger happy" neighbor though. I hope your trip goes well tomorrow and you are able to return safely and timely to your little man.

Laundry went well with no competition for the room this morning. While that was going on, and after I took care of my fur tribe, I put out food for the waifs. I have not seen Tux or Lulu for while but I saw a few new faces at the far feeding area. There was a tabby I thought might be Lulu, but I've never seen her down that far before.

As I mentioned, the library not opening until 10:00 put a delay on my errands today. Between that, having to stop at Thornton's for a 5.00 MO for my laundry card deposit, and Save a Lot being out of scoopable litter (making me have to go to Feeder's Supply and pay 3X more) I did not get in until about 11:30. I offered balcony time whilst I put things away, but with no sunbeams I had no takers.

The rest of the day has been spent in quite contemplation. At least I have PTO for tomorrow. The other 3 are still pending. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy decent Sunday greetings to you and your precious princess Theresa and little prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your precious fur family had a good T G I F, and hope your Caturday was a pleasant day as well.

Noah and I had a chance to snuggle yesterday morning before I needed to get up to get ready to go to Bedford. As I was getting ready to leave my precious little boy became concerned that he too would be making a trip as well. When I got home he was at the door eagerly greeting me. The travels were uneventful - - for which I am always thankful - - and the visit was pleasant. Their new kitty has black, dark grey, and white markings and is named Scarlet - - named by her previous caregiver. She is now about 8 months old, and is - - in my opinion - - a sweetie with all the mischievousness of a kitten. They allow her outside even though she has shown to them that she will not avoid the very busy city street in front of their house. Consequently at some point in time I am expecting to hear that she does not survive. My brother and sister in law have "no idea what they will do with her" when they go traveling. Of course my heart would enjoy taking care of her, but I will not stress Noah with having another fur visitor in his home. So this is a "problem" they will have to figure out on their own. Knowing their lifestyle and how they feel about companions - - I soooo wish they had NOT adopted another furchild.

Got home close to 6 p.m. and was ever so thankful to be home to my precious little boy. Got him his dinner and then we settled down for the evening with him snuggling so close to me with a big grin on his face. He is still enjoying his soft fleece throw under blankets as I'm writing to you.

I hope you get the other days off you have requested, my friend. I'm glad you and your precious fur tribe have had this wonderful long Thanksgiving weekend together. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm very disheartened to hear of Scarlet's plight. The fact they let her out unsupervised is usually enough in most communities for the authorities to remove her from such a perilous situation. I'd tip them off in a heartbeat. But, that's your call. But you could, and most likely would, be saving her life. I'm glad to hear your trip was safe and that were able to get back to you little man in a timely manner.

Yesterday and today have been a bit gloomy with rainy and cool conditions both days. I did see Tux sitting upon the fence on my way down to put food out at the second feeding station this morning. I was able to persuade him to come down and "chat" for a bit before he moved on to have a bite to eat. It's been quiet today unlike yesterday. In the building next to me, there was a group of rowdy and loud football "experts" watching a game with their sliding doors open. Even if it wasn't too cold, it still nixed any balcony time as it was scaring my kids. So closed the door stayed dry.gif If these people know more than the players and coaches, why are they not on the field rather than on their extra wide bottoms on the couch watching the game?

Theresa and Tang are doing well which I am always pleased to pass along. I've been treated to cuddles and "stereo" purring throughout the day wub.gif I'm am so not looking forward to gong back to work tomorrow after being off 4 days (sigh)

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to share your news that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well. Unfortunately there is no "leash law" or "confinement restriction" in Bedford for cats, and as long as they feed her and provide her medical care - - which they do - - the humane society will not intervene. They have always let their companions wander - - Scarlet is the first one who has shown an obvious interest in "wandering" close to the busy city street. I did inquire about the possibility of tethering her so that she could enjoy the "wildness" of her back yard without the fear of her wandering toward the busy street - - which they immediately replied was not an option. Anything I suggest is immediately scoffed at and am reminded that Scarlet is "their" cat. So - - the only thing I can do is keep little Scarlet in my prayers that her Guardian Angel will keep her safe from the menacing dangers of the busy city street so that she will have a long and healthy earthly journey.

After I sent my earlier post to you my precious Noah roused from underneath the blankets and eagerly greeted me. He needed to have his lunch earlier yesterday because of my travels to Bedford, so as I'm writing to you he is inquiring as to when his lunch will be served today. It's still on the early side, - - need to encourage him to be patient just awhile longer to get him back to his regular routine.

I know how it is being off from work for several days and then having the "reality check" set in that it's time to prepare to go back to the grindstone routine - - even when the job is a fairly decent one. Once again, my friend, I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, and please know that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam.

I'm sorry to hear your suggestions met with such resistance. These are clearly "owners" and not parents. How very sad. I wonder if Scarlet's former caregiver knew what she was getting this poor little girl into sad.gif

I will pray that Angel Tom can spare some extra time and effort to look over her. I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well today. Peace and Blessings to you both.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving with your furbabies. We had a good Thanksgiving with 4 days of food. I had some ready made food sent in and somebody else shared their food with us later. I'm ready for something different to eat now. I gave the little strays some turkey.

They (Fluffy, Stryker, and Blackie) are always here for breakfast. Socks shows up pretty often. Fluffy, Stryker, and Blackie lay on the boxes real often now. I fixed another one with a crocheted blanket on it. All three barely fit on the smaller box at one time. One day they were all stretched out long ways in a row, so funny. I don't know where they go at night.

Well, I must go now and look for some Christmas presents online and then go watch Columbo. I hope you have a good work week and have a cozy evening with your furbabies.

I will pray too, that Mickey helps watch over little Scarlet. Mickey's presence has been felt very strong this holiday....God Bless....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM. Glad to hear you all had a good Thanksgiving.

I'm smiling at Fluffy, Stryker and Blackie all stretched out together happy.gif I was worried when you didn't mention Socks last time. I'm glad to hear he seems to be OK and still comes around.

Thanks for reaching out to Angel Mickey to look out for little Scarlet. Sir Thomas' presence has been deeply felt here too as in a couple weeks it will be 5 years since he crossed the bridge sad.gif

I hope you hubby and your waifs have a good and peaceful evening. Blessings and TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.