Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Probably by now you have your laundry done and are enjoying this day of rest with your precious fur tribe.

When will you know about your new schedule? I presume the 8 - 9 OT opportunities are in the morning - - or are they just on the days that you have the evening staff meetings? Will you be "rotated" again with a change in supervisor as well? Please let us know how things go with your schedule.

Today is one "recovery" for me from yesterday's yard work. Hopefully the next time I go out to work in the yard I can focus on the upper part of the slope on the garage end of the house which has yet to have a rake touch the carpet of leaves. The 18 bags raked so far have been from three raking episodes in the lower slope area of the back yard.

As I'm writing to you Noah is on his bathroom window perch which has become his favorite spot in the morning. There aren't many sunbeams shining today, but it is where he can see some of the woodland residents who visit the woodsy area in the front yard.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Pleasant Sunday to you as well. I'm sorry to hear your chores have you feeling under the weather, and hope you feel better soon.

We will know about the schedules 11/30 and start them 12/30 - I'm not holding my breath on getting a M-F, but my old sup said you never know; he's heard some folks wanting a weekday off. And, by now, everybody knows how easy Saturdays and Sundays are. We'll see. No, I won't have to move or change sups. This is just an agent shift bid. I do have to work T-Day but my sup worked it to where I'm not due in until 9 so I can take the holiday schedule bus and not be late; he said he'd give me a lift home. So, another holiday season spent working and away from my babies sad.gif Must be nice for the call center manager to "make" half the staff and at least one sup work when she won't step foot any where near the office. Rank has it's privilages - and she RANKS. In an email, she even said she knows how slow it is and mentions plans to have us do "busy" work or just go home. I ask you, why can't they just let the phones roll to residential T2 like they do at night and have the on-call person deal with what ever they can't? BTW, the OT I mention is in the mornings.

Well, it's been a pretty slow day here. Tang's ear looks none the better, but he has not been fussing with it or showing any other signs of distress, so I hope it's "cosmetic" being as both vets say it's not cancerous. With his BG who know when it can be removed, never mind the cost. I moved some of the mags from in front of the doors to the coffee table and Theresa has taken to holing up in there again. I also lay out a fleece blanket by the old space heater at night which she also seems to like. I've just fed them and cleaned Tang's ear and am getting ready to settle in. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening and an even better tomorrow. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I know you have awhile still to get through at your work station, but I hope the time will go by quickly for you.

Glad to know little Tang's ear is no worse - - appears to be holding its own. This is good news - - something to be thankful for. I'm sorry that you will have to work Thanksgiving Day. I'm glad, though, that you were able to get your travel time adjusted so that you could get to work without being late, and have a ride home. I know what you mean about "rank having its privileges" having been the lowest employee on the totem pole for most of my employment years. Thanksgiving for you this year is having a paying a job, your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your health and strength to take care of what you need to take care of. Perhaps next year you will be able to get the holiday off to enjoy with your precious companions.

Had to call Dell technical assistance a little bit ago. My computer completely locked up - - couldn't move the mouse. Tried the ctrl-alt-delete trick - - unplugging the computer - - nothing worked. The technician I spoke with was very helpful. Had to unplug the computer and take out the battery, then put the battery back in -- and that seemed to do the trick. Everything is back up and running - - for the moment.

Noah is doing well. It has been mostly cloudy here today, but the sun has decided to make an appearance and he is enjoying the sunbeams coming in through the bathroom window as I'm writing to you.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

These are, indeed, reasons to be thankful and I am. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it's just so depressing to think about. I will have kind of a long week this week as one of the other agents wanted Wednesday off and for me to work for her. The upside is being off this coming Caturday, the down is I have not worked 5 days in a row for months now. I'll muddle thru and look forward to Caturday I guess.

I'm glad you got your mouse fixed. That is a common fix for the wireless mouse/keyboard. I'm also glad to hear Noah is doing well and taking in some much appreciated sun, I'm sure. Getting ready to head on out home to the babies. I hope you and Noah have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy late afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Perhaps working 5 days in a row this week will perhaps be a "preparation" for the schedule you requested. The good news is that you have both Caturday and Sunday off - - TWO DAYS IN A ROW with your precious fur tribe.

Today I worked outside for about 2.5 hours raking leaves at the upper end of the slope at the garage end of the house. I raked 9 bags - - which is all I had left - - which brings the total to 27 bags raked. I managed to get that entire area raked and bagged with the 9 bags. It was easier because that area has a lot of pine needles in addition to the leaves, and the oil from the pine needles makes it a much easier task to handle. Am I done? No - - I still have the space underneath the deck to do as well as the deck to clean up from the collected leaves - - but that is not as pressing as getting the leaves cleaned up off the ground. The weather is supposed to be turning colder after Friday, so I wanted to use today as an opportunity to work outside.

Noah has had his lunch and is on his bathroom window perch enjoying the peek-a-boo sunbeams that break through the clouds. Have the lunch dishes to do after I get this posted to you. I am a bit on the tired side, so I'm looking forward to resting the rest of the evening.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

You must have read my mind. I too had been thinking (hoping anyway) That the schedule switch this week is a "preview" of things to come. But experience has taught me better than to hope. I just hope I don't end up on a worse shift that I am now.

Sounds like you really have your hands full raking the leaves; I hope it's not taxing you too much. I can just imagine Noah watching his mom in the window. "Mom, what are you doing out there?" I'm glad he was able to catch at least some sun beams today. The sun has been playing hide and seek here too, but fairly warm and mild. Well, off homeward to my fur tribe. The shift I'm working tomorrow will allow for an extra 1/2 hour of sleep. Not like my usual Tuesday nights (sigh) but it's something. Crossing my fingers on the shift bid. I hope you and your precious Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Wednesday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. In just a little while you will be heading home to your precious fur tribe who are eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Nothing significant in the news bag much to share today - - mostly catching up on getting a couple of bills scheduled for payment and enjoying today with my precious little boy. The sun has been shining nice a pretty today, and my Noah has enjoyed the bright sunbeams.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Enjoy the extra half hour of sleep tomorrow morning before you have to begin your travels into work. I'm sorry that you have to work the holiday this year, but am very glad for you that you have a job. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

About T minus 1 hour to getting to leave. Actually that extra 1/2 hour was last night. Because of holiday bus schedule, tonight I will get about 1/2 less. But it's not the end of the world. I would have spent too much on T-Day food anyway if I didn't have to work. As it is, I had to stop at Kroger by work because I don't think I'd be able to coast to Saturday for some things. I'm still looking forward to being off too.

I'm glad you and Noah have been able to enjoy some pleasant weather today. I hope you both have a wonderful evening and a great Thanksgiving. Any Plans? TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just stopping by to wish you, Sgt.Tang, and Princess Theresa a Happy Thanksgiving. We expect to have a quiet one, might have some company to drop by Sat.

It was kind of scary last night. No animals showed up before after midnight. I wondered if they knew something that we didn't, like an earthquake or something. (Or maybe Bigfoot was down in the trees.)......Anyway all the food was gone this morning.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cozy evening.....TTFN..

LoveMyMIckey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey for the holiday well wishes

A quiet one here too. But if one has to work, quiet is best. At least I have a ride home and get to be off Caturday. Interesting that no critters showed up until late yesterday. I hope they are all OK. Has Blackie been back since you last posted? How are the other kitties doing? You are so very kind to help them as you do, bless you.

Not much else going on here. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope your workday went well, and I hope you and furbabies are doing okay. That's good that you will be off Caturday.

No, I haven't seen Blackie since the last time I mentioned him. A solid white short hair cat was eating this morning. There are so many colors coming by and they all seem to be doing well.

Not much going on here, had a quiet day. Give the furbabies a special pat for me and have a peaceful and cozy night.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Work day was slow, By 4:00 we had taken 12 calls. Most of which where transfers to residential. The sup decided to start asking people if they wanted to go home; himself included at 4:00. Since he was my ride home, I didn't really have a choice. But I suppose it's better to lose 1.5 hours of pay than to have been off and all 8.

I do hope Blackie is OK, but it's heart warming to know that word of Hotel LoveMyMickey has spread smile.gif You truly are a kind soul for your efforts.

Not much going on here either. Just going to finish my DVD and head to bed with the kids. Hope you have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this bright sunny Friday. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - although I know you still have a few hours yet to go at work.

I'm glad you were able to leave earlier yesterday - - although I'm sorry you will lose the pay because of it. I DO know how every penny counts - - and how it hurts when those pennies are not to be seen in the checking account where they are needed.

I spent a good part of the day with my brother and sister in law at their home, and by the time I got home my precious Noah was very frantic to see me and needed my undivided attention. He snuggled so close to me during the night. Still I hope you know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang were in my thoughts and prayers that you would be able to have a good Thanksgiving when you finally got home after work.

This morning I went out to run the generator to keep the battery charged - - it has been a couple of months since I did that. It ran for about 25 minutes and then ran out of gas. So I will need to put another gallon of gas in the tank at some point in time so that I can do the battery charge runs. Noah is staying close to me today - - he doesn't like me out of his sight for too long. As I'm writing to you he is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap. Soon it will be time to go to the kitchen to start getting lunch on the stove and I know he will also be looking forward to getting some lunch in his bowl, too.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hope you are able to get your generator in good working order, but that you don't need it any time soon.

I'm sure you enjoyed time with your family, but were eager to get home to your precious Noah. He sure does not like being seperated from his mom at all. But with your recent scare, I can see why he's like that.

It was nice (the loss of pay not withstanding) to get home early. Theresa, Tang and me had a nice little nap in the bed. It's so rare I can get them both on the bed at the same time; I always treasure those times.

Not much else going on here. Sunny and very windy. I hope you and Noah have a good day and a peacful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gusty breezy sunny chilly Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits - - enjoying this bonus day home with your precious fur tribe.

I hope any errands you needed to do today were accomplished quickly and safely so that you can spend most this day home with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope and pray that this is indeed a "preview" to a more normal routine for you in the coming weeks.

In addition to working on the December bill-a-thon today I have been enjoying watching my precious Noah re-familiarize himself with access to the upstairs. I think he is happy having access to the upstairs again - - if for no other reason than just seeing the gate barriers finally removed. That in itself is a morale booster.

Need to do the lunch dishes and brave the gusty wind to go get the mail, so I guess I better get started with the chores. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My errands were short, but not totally productive. I forgot the cottom swabs to clean Tang's ear that I was out of. I could have gotten a box of 300 at either Dollar Tree or the Save A Lot for 1.00 (both of which I was at) So after getting my stuff inside, I had to run accross the street to the mini mart and pick up some personal size ones (75 for .99) It'll get me thru until I can get out again, but it made me mad at myself for forgetting one of the prime things I went out for.

Other than that it's been a peaceful day with naps all around for me and the kids. I am SO happy for Noah being healed enough to expore again. I know what you mean about just knowing the gate is no longer up. Cats do hate any kind of closed doors or off limits areas. You are both in our thougfhts and prayers for his continued well being. Have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, chilly Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Ah yes - - I do so relate to your dilemma and frustration yesterday about the cotton swabs. I, too, find myself in similar shopping situations - - especially when the item is on my list that I have in front of my face as I'm shopping. The good news is that you had a store across the street from you that you could make an "emergency run" to without having to trek back across town.

I hope by now you have your laundry done and are being able to enjoy this day with your precious fur tribe. Tomorrow you resume your "normal" schedule - - hopefully Friday you will be able to look forward to a better schedule come the New Year.

Noah has been upstairs and downstairs and upstairs this morning - - and is now snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you. Not much on the agenda today - - thank goodness.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It did feel good to get a "real" night's sleep before rising early to do laundry. It's a good thing I did get the swabs as Tang has had me worried today. I've had to dose him with Benadryl twice and perform an extra cleaning. I hope he's just having an off day. But I think I will need to take him to the vet Wednesday just the same. I'll call first though. If it's just an infecton perhaps I can get an antibiotic - need more drops anyway. I can't really afford it right now, but I have to do what ever I can. I will pray for him and do what I can. Why do I always find myself in dire financial straights when my boy needs me? First Tom, now Tang.

Anyway, not much I can do right now. He hasn't fussed over it in a couple hours. I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening, my friend. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Monday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry that little Tang's ear is having a bad flare up. With the changes in temps and weather you may need to give him an extra dose of Benadryl to help with his ear. If it has been awhile since he has had his doctor look at it, you are very wise to have your precious little Tang's ear checked just to make sure that the status has not changed. I hope your little boy's ear is looking better today. I do so understand your concern, Tracy.

The good news is that you are doing the very best you can under challenging circumstances - - your precious Tang knows this - - as each of us here knows this as well. If you do have to take your precious little boy to see the doctor on Wednesday, please let us know how things go for him.

Looking ahead over the next month, with both Christmas and New Year falling on Tuesdays, I'm wondering if you will have to work those days, and if so, what your transportation situation will be. I so wish you could have both those days off - - with pay - - to share with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Have been working on paying bills online this morning, and Noah is enjoying the sunbeams on his bathroom window perch as I'm writing to you. Still have some things to work on before it's time to start getting lunch ready, so need to get back to the bills.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I just called the vet and spoke to a receptionist who spoke with Dr. Harris. She said it was OK to pick up the Tresiderm (drops) and the Clavimox (antibiotic) w/o having to bring Tang in. It's almost exactly the same as when I had been RX the wrong antibiotic by the (ahem) other vet. But by the time we relaized it it had pretty much cleared up. So, the collective opinion is that I know my boy's condition well enough by now to know what to look for and what is generally called for. I do hope the combo of meds gets him doing better. He is just so upbeat even when his ear isn't doing well, that when he's "down" it worries me unsure.gif

As for the holidays, as far as I know I will be working unless I don't want to get paid (sigh) I've made my sup aware (and will remind him) of my need to adjust my schedule accordingly. We will have to see. How is Noah getting along with his new "territory"? Good, I hope. I'm so glad to hear he's doing so much better. Hope you both have a great day and a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, gloomy Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your little Tang does not need an in-person consult with his doctor tomorrow. I know it is very stressful coping with a chronic condition such as your little Tang's ear - - with the constant "wondering" if the situation is getting worse or if it's just a bad flare up that can be treated with the knowledge gained from previous episodes. Please let us know how your little boy does.

So - - if I may ask -- will you ever "earn" paid time off with your current job - - like for vacations and occasional days off? I am so sorry that you will have to work on both holidays - - that is a bit of a bummer - - and I hope you will be able to adjust your schedule to accommodate your transportation. In 3 days you will get your work schedule and am continuing to hope that it will be your "first choice" schedule.

Noah is doing well and is enjoying having access to the upstairs again. It is a blessing seeing him back to full normal again. At the moment he is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

Not much on the agenda for today. May do a load of laundry soon that has been patiently waiting for time in the washing machine.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

At lunch now and the sun has finally come out. I too am glad I can treat Tang for the ongoing issue w/o a visit - that saves me cab fare and the meds will stretch me to the limit as is. I keep telling myself I'm doing the best I can, but sometimes have a hard time believing it sad.gif

As for PTO? Only if I get hired; and the down side of that is the rotating on-call business (sigh) I too am hoping I get first choice (or close) on the shift bid, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm so glad to hear that Noah is adjusting well to getting back to normal. I can just see him prancing around saying "See, mom? I TOLD you I was OK" I'm just glad it's more than just his opinion now smile.gif

Well, another 1/2 day to get through and off tomorrow. At least I had one Saturday off which was nice. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful day and a peaceful blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I hope you were able to get your errands run early so that you and your precious fur tribe are being able to enjoy most of this day together. Hope the meds help your precious Tang's ear as they have done in the past. Please let us know how he does.

Sounds like you're caught betwixt and between getting any kind of benefits like PTO - - none if you stay as a contractor, and having to work rotating on call if you are hired which doesn't sound swift either. I hope at the very least you are able to get a schedule that is more helpful for transportation-wise.

Have been working on some bookkeeping chores this morning - - entering payments made into the financial ledger and updating some information. Noah has had his lunch and is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion. Have lunch dishes to do and need to make a trek to the mailbox. I bumped my errand run till tomorrow - - need to make a grocery list.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Errands were not too bad. I went into Banfield in PetSmart first and one the ladies I know was working. I got the Clavimox, the Tresiderm, and even though I didn't mention it on the phone the ear cleanser that I'm almost out of. It all came to around 70.00 with my discount which is about what I'd expected; saving about 20.00 having a wellness plan. Not a moment too soon either as I had to give him some Benadryl this morning. Of course he tore off and hid by the bed looking at me as though I had punished him; breaks my heart every time. I wish he understood I'm trying to help. But I guess it has to be enough that I know (sigh) Then it was off to a much needed haircut and a few supplies at Kroger, then home on the bus.

A rock and a hard place is right on the job front. I too hope I can at least get some M-F hours, but won't be too hopefull. Another after hours meeting tomorrow; so much for trying Tuesdays for a while. At least my old sup said he'd give me a ride home (after 2 emails) I hope he does not stiff me again. Plus there is no OT available, so it won't even be profitable. I don't even see the point of the meetings as we don't cover anything that could not be accomplished by say breaking us up into small groups during business hours. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that my first sup always takes all the left over pizza for him and his family and practically barks at anyone who tries to take home any for themselves. Like it's our fault he has 5 kids and chooses to home school them all not allowing his wife to work. Oh well, not like there is anything I can do about it. Just more lost sleep.

I hope all is well with your payments and book keeping. And as always, glad to hear Noah is doing better. Not much else going on here. Time to give Tang his "ritual" and then can food for him and Theresa; I hope he eats it tonight and does not continue this finicky phase of his. I hope you and Noah have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Something I meant to add about my trip home from the store/vet. Walking back through the sub divsion from the bus stop, almost to my apartments, I saw something amazing and unusual for living in the city. As I was getting to the last street before where I live I saw a deer out of the corner of my eye. A buck, as I think I saw antlers. I was going to see if I could get closer, but the mail man decided it would be funny to bang his truck and yell at him (laughing the whole time); he skittered off into what was once a semi wooded area before UPS cut down most of the trees. I called the mail man a name right to his face that I can't print here, but it starts with an A. He looked and me all evil and I proceeded to say "Go ahead, please hit so I can sue the US governent." He went on his way. But it was still an amazing sight. I hope the deer will be OK....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, another sunny pleasant Virginia afternoon sending greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits, although I know today is going to be a very long one for you until you are able to get back home to your precious fur tribe. I hope the meeting goes quickly this evening and that you will have a reliable ride home afterward. Tomorrow you will know your new schedule - - I'm really hoping it will be an improvement for you.

Please know that your precious little Tang DOES know that what you do for him is because you love him with all your heart - - even the yucky Benadryl. If he didn't trust you as his Forever Dad he wouldn't let you do for him at all.

Glad you got your errands done yesterday. What a blessing you were able to see the deer yesterday. If it has been dry in your area and / or the wooded areas disappearing due to development, you may begin to see more deer venture into the city looking for food. I totally agree with your dismay about the mailman's behavior. If you think about it you may want to call the local forest ranger to see if your State has any laws about harassing wildlife. Depending on what you learn, you may then want to call the manager of the local post office to report the incident.

Got my errands done today - - was gone about 2 hours. So glad I just needed to do them locally. Noah is glad to see me back home, and is now eagerly anticipating some lunch. When I get this sent to you I will start lunch warming on the stove.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening when you are finally able to get home tonight. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, a LONG day today. I now start my 3 hours of waiting since no OT available. Even the call I got at 4:58 ended up dropping on me. I will be so glad when I get home to the babies.

I do hope Tang realizes I'm trying to help him. As for "letting" me do it, I don't know about that. Sometimes I have to pull him out from under a chair. But most of the time I guess he's OK with the regular stuff - just not the Benadryl. And that's the only time he gives me that soulful look that breaks my heart. One thing he does do that warms my heart though is when I've had a bad day and they do something to set me off. He will come around and nuzzle my legs when I've cooled off as if to say "I'm sorry dad" Sometimes I wonder if I even deserve such devotion.

I hear you about the deer. There has been a lot of urban sprall around where I live. I feel so sorry for the woodland creatures that are being put out by humans. As for the laws around here, I can assure you that they are a joke. Because I did think about reporting that mailman; but figured it would be a waste of time.

I too am hoping for an improvement on my hours, but am not counting on it. Thanks for the good thoughts though. Actually I tend to doubt we will even know tomorrow as announced. We'll see. I'll let you know.

I'm glad you were able to get your errands done quickly and get home to your precious Noah, and that he's developed a new appreciation for spending time with you on the lower level. Well, only 2.75 more hours to kill (sigh) I hope you and Noah have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. In just a couple of hours or so you will be on your way home to your precious fur tribe who are already eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad.

I hope the meeting went quickly last night and that you were able to get home to your precious companions in a timely fashion. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will indeed get your "preferred" schedule.

This morning the sun was shining very invitingly and the temperatures were decent so I got into my yard work clothes and worked a couple of hours outside raking the accumulated leaves from underneath the deck and back down the slope which came to another 5 bags - - total to date 32 bags of the 30 gallon large trash bag size. I am so glad I am having the oppportunity to ge the back yard cleaned up - - it is so nice working outside as I'm feeling much stronger physically now. December 6 will be 8 months since I left the venomous snake pit and it has taken every day since then for me to begin to get some physcial strength back. Noah kept me company as I took my shower. He has had his lunch and is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Wow, has it really been that long since you left the "pit"? I do envy you that; but you certainly deserve the peace, my friend. That's a lot of leaves. What do you do with them?

We didn't find out our schedules as I predicted today; I should have bet money. I'm taking it in stride but some of my neighbors are freaking out. Cest la vis, I say. Also, the call center manager decided to put in a rare appearance at the meeting. Turns out she's the most chatty go off on a tangent one of them all - and encourges others to do the same. Needless to say, we were there for every bit of that 1 1/2 hours. But she did make a brief mention to the contractors that our score cards are being reviewed in anticipation of hiring.

Well, another Friday over and not looking forward to working Caturday (sigh) Who knows how many more I will have to work. Many, many with my luck. Onward home to the kittles. I hope you and Noah have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
**UPDATE**

The shift bid results did come out, I just wasn't on the email distro; got another agent to forward to me. DRUMB ROLL

M-F 9-5:30 - My Caturdays belong to me and the babies now smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new work schedule!!! YEA!!!! So o oo o - - my next question is - - would you want to be an employee at this point in time OR would you prefer to stay as a contractor. Do you have an idea when the "hiring" will be offered? I hope you get whatever is best for you. But for now - - ENJOY your new schedule, my friend. I know you will be counting the hours, days, weeks until your new schedule begins.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Noah has had his lunch and is enjoying the sunbeams on his bathroom window perch. Lunch dishes need to be washed and eventually a trek to the mailbox. Nothing exciting - - which is okay with me.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I am happy for the change. Only 4 more Caturdays that I have to work. Plus it sets me up for not having to adjust my schedule for New Year, just Christmas. Being hired would be nice for the benefits of health insurance, PTO, and the signifigant savings on my services (a boost in income in way) The down side is the on-call. But we do have some people that actually want it because it's an extra 25.00 a day. So, maybe I can get out of it that way. The hiring is supposed to start after the first of the year - give or take, who knows? We will just have to wait and see. I'll just try to keep my score cards looking good.

Today was busy for a Saturday, and they cut OT which deprived us of a 5th agent. If this is a trend, I will be glad to be rid of it. Hope you and Noah are enjoying your day and have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Tracy, I genuinely hope and pray that the change in your shift is the beginning of BETTER things for you and your precious fur family come 2013. You have endured a lot of the "down" side of work experiences over the last couple of years or so, -- it is about time that you begin to know the "UP" side for a change. I can feel your excitement for your new hours, and I know you are already telling your precious Theresa and little Tang that soon things will be better with your work hours. This is a time for you and your precious companions to celebrate.

By now you have your laundry done, and hopefully are enjoying a lazy Sunday with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Not a lot going on around here. Noah is on his bathroom window perch enjoying the sunbeams. I'm catching up on some e-mails.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I am looking forward to having a "normal" schedule again. Last night my second bus home was almost 30 minutes late, and it was not crowded; so basically no reason why. In fact, when I got off to go home the one behind it buzzed by. I'm so tired of that and won't miss it. Thank you for your hopes that this is a sign of better things to come in the work area. It has been a rough 2.5 years and I've been praying for it to get better. I just hope it does not come too late for Tang. Life can be like that. Give something and take something else away. It's probably best not to dwell on it I suppose.

When I got into the laundry room this morning ALL the washers were taken. I recognized the female half of the couple as the woman I worked with at Bacon's Department Store years ago. She didn't see me though and that was just fine. I wasn't in the mood. I sat on the floor against the wall behind my shopping cart full of laundry. Fortunately, they only had about 15 minutes to go and did not need the dryers. From their conversation, their washer broke and another is on the way; so I guess it won't be a regular thing. Still using all the machines at once? How rude and inconsiderate. But it was done (although late) and the rest of the day was restful I guess. Not much cuddle time with the kids; guess they were not feeling it today sad.gif But that's just one more reason it will be good to be off for the entire weekend again.

Not much else going on here my friend. I hope you and Noah enjoyed your day and have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your laundry time yesterday was challenging - - good thing it is not a routine situation. You find "machine hogs" in public laundromats - - using two or more machines at a time so that they can get their laundry done - - then using two or more dryers for the same reason. The good thing is you were eventually able to get YOUR laundry done.

Not much happening here today. Thought I might be working outside today but it is very cloudy here and a damp feeling to the air, so did not attempt outside work today - - perhaps tomorrow. My precious Noah isn't impressed with the cloudy skies either. He is taking his after lunch nap on his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It was a challenge, but I got it done. Sorry to hear your outdoor work didn't pan out. But am smiling about Noah sleeping with paws over his eyes; Tang does that. Such special man kitties smile.gif

Not much happeing here either. Another busy day (sigh) probably a trend. But, getting ready to head home to the babies; the best part of my day. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

This morning was much better weather-wise to work outside, so outside I went for a couple of hours. Got the rest of the space underneath the deck on the upper end of the slope cleaned out, re-raked some areas that had a new layer of leaves and debris on it, and was able to do some "finishing touches" around the beginning of the tree line in the back yard. All said and done added 4 bags to the total which I believe is now up to 36 bags. And to FINALLY answer your question about what I do with the bagged leaves: I "recycle" the leaves into other wooded places on the property which is easy to do with a little over an acre of wooded areas. But THAT job is way down on the "priorty" list. Now that I have the piles of leaves out of the way, I'm hoping the next time I am able to venture out it will be with my small chain saw to start the process of clearing back some of the overgrowth. This property is great for growing trees and bushes which multiply rapidly, but very poor on growing grass.

And now as I'm writing to you my precious Noah and I are enjoying each other's company. He has had his lunch and is snuggled down on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Wow, you really do keep busy on the homestead. But I know you probably enjoy it way more than the "pit"

Got spooked at work because my cell was buzzing and it was the vet. But it turns out they had me down for an appointmnet for Theresa tomorrow that I never made. False alarm. Lost another contractor from my class to another job. That just leaves 2 of us now.

Glad you got good weather today; guess you folks sent the rain our way. And of course, it picks now to storm when I'm getting ready to go home to the babies. Oh well. This is life. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

If you had any errands to run today I hope you were able to get them done early and successfully so that you and your precious fur tribe could enjoy most of this day together.

Not much going on here today. After Noah had his lunch he went upstairs for awhile. All of a sudden I heard a thump on the floor as he jumped down from a counter in the upstairs kitchen and came racing downstairs to look out the big door. Whatever / whoever was the object of his interest eventually subsided and he went to his lamb's wool cushion, gave himself a bit of a spruce up, and curled up to have his afternoon nap - - which he is still enjoying with a very satisfied grin on his face. It is a blessing to me to see him so contented. Tomorrow I will make a grocery run and hope that I can get most of the major things so that I don't have to make another major grocery run unitl after the first of the year.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Today's errands were fairly quick and uneventful. When I got home there was a notice in my mail box about my lease due for renewal next month. They want 30.00 more per month (sigh) They know they have me because I can't afford to move or the rates they want for month to month. Plus my rent will be late again, but this time by the 15th so only one late fee. Plus I had to break down an sign up for the expensive insurance through KFORCE because one of my meds will run out next month. Although I don't need it for the generic meds, I need it for the Dr. visit to get the RX. It never rains but it pours sad.gif

I wonder what was at the door/window that got Noah up in arms (paws?) But I'm glad he settled down and got some rest. I'm always glad to hear that he's doing better. Theresa and Tang are doing OK; Tang's ear doing a tad better. But, lately he won't touch his canned food; he used to go crazy for it, but not now. This started about the time I put him on the Clavimox (antibiotic) He eats the dry food and treats as much as ever, just does not want canned. I let them have some balcony time today, but they were only out there for a brief time, coming back in on their own. Nothing else happening. I hope you and Noah have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Thursday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you precious Tang's ear is looking better - - even if it's just a tad bit better. Yeah, unfortunately medications can cause changes in appetite - - even the way foods taste that are normally enjoyed to not tasting good at all. This can be frustrating and a cause for concern for you seeing your precious Tang not wanting to eat the canned food. The good news is that he continues to eat his dry food and treats - - this is helpful.

I am sorry about the increases in your rent and having to get the health insurance to have access to your meds. I do understand how frustrating this is having to continue to juggle finances that are already limited. You are in my thoughts and prayers that the Good Lord will provide for you and your precious fur tribe according to your need.

Today was major grocery shopping day stocking up on supplies so that hopefully I will not have to make another grocery run until after the new year has begun. I'm no fond of grocery shopping to begin with, and even less so during the shopping crush for holiday meals. The lunch dishes are washed and I just got back inside from a trek to the mailbox, and Noah is cuddled next to me as I'm writing to you. In awhile it will be time to do some light evening chores and get Noah his dinner.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Tang's Clavimox is almost gone, so I hope he gets his taste for can food back soon after. I may not have to get the insurance after all (open enrollment, I can still back out) I called my drs. office and the lady said call the pharmacy and have them fax a request which I did. I called later and it was refilled for 90 days! My other med has 2 more refills before 12/15. I went online and opted out of the plan. Sometimes God does throw me a bone.

Glad you got your running done. I hear you on the crowds. I actually enjoy grocery shopping EXCEPT when it's crowded. Glad to hear Noah is still doing well smile.gif

Getting ready to head out into a rainy evening to make my way home to the fur kids; best part of my day. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. At this hour you may be at lunch; I hope this afternoon goes quickly for you at work.

I am SOOOOOOO GLAD for you that you were able to opt out of the expensive health insurance. I'm sooooo hoping that, if it is a good move for you, that you can be offered a hired position so that you can get the insurance you need at hopefully a lower cost to you. The Good Lord does know what He's doing - - it just takes time and patience on our part - - even and especially during desperate times - - to see the benefit of HIS wisdom.

I, too, am hoping that your precious little Tang will resume his enthusiasm for his canned food treat when the antibiotic is done. It may take a few days after the last med is given, - - please let us know how things go.

I have scheduled the payments for the rest of the December bills today. Next month I can pay off the balance due for the auto insurance and not have to make another payment until March when the policy is renewed for another 6 months. When I first got my driver's license many eons of years ago here in Virginia the policies ran on a yearly basis. Somehow the insurance industry was able to persuade the elected officials and State inurance commission that they could provide much better service to the customers if they were allowed to write the policies on a 6 month basis - - which of course allows them to RAISE the premiums every 6 months - - which they do without any form of guilt. Just incredible.

Not much else going on here today. It's cloudy here with occasional light showers. We haven't had any rainy for quite sometime over the homestead, so the light showers are welcome. I'd rather it be good old fashioned wet rain than of the frozen form. I hope the weather in your neighborhood today is drier so that you won't have to make the trek home this evening in dampness. If my calculations are correct, you only have 3 more weeks to go until you assume your new work schedule. What a wonderful Christmas and New Year gift to you and your precious companions.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you got a lot done today. You don't have to tell me what a scam inurance is - I know all too well. But we need it.

Tang ate a healthy portion of can food last night. Of course, it was freshly opened. So perhaps it's being cold is what is turning him off, but it never seemed to matter before. But maybe the meds are doing that. Perhaps he can't smell it as well when it's cold. The Clavimox is gone anyway. So, hopefully he will start eating canned again.

I am counting the days to the new schedule; it will be very helpful. Getting "hired" would be most helpful, but I don't know that I'd say it's totally the best "fit" over all. But God works in mysterious ways, so I 'll just try to go along to get along for now.

Been raining here too all day. Probably be like that when I leave. But I will be going home to the fur kids soon enough. The best part of the day.

I hope you and Noah are having a good day and have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just giving one more check in before shutting down this techno whiz gizmo for the day to devote the evening to my precious Noah.

Just wanted to give a suggestion about the refrigerated canned food: If you think this may be helpful, you may want to consider warming the "left over" canned food before giving it to both your precious Theresa and little Tang. You are right in that the cold food is not as fragrant - - nor flavorful - - as it is when served at room temperature. You can do this by placing the canned food in a container of just enough hot / boiling water that does not cover the can of food, and then put a cover over the container and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. You may want to loosen / stir the food before you put it into the container of hot / boiling water so that the moisture from the heat can more easily warm the food. And -- the container is not on a heated stove element - - it's sitting in the sink or a counter. And if the food gets a little too warm, you always stir in a little bit of cool water to it so that it doesn't burn their tongues and mouths when they eat it. Just thought I would pass this "tip" onto you - - for whatever it may be worth - - for your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Hopefully you are gathering your things together to begin your trek homeward to your precious fur tribe. Once again, my friend, I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hi Tracy! I agree with moon_beam, definitely heat up the canned food. They can get sick by eating it cold, because it can lead to indigestion. I feed Mindy canned food in the morning and I put it on some wax paper (microwave safe) and heat it up in the microwave for 9 or 10 seconds and then stir it up real good. And yes, they can't smell the food when it's so cold.
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, DannysMom

All very good suggestions. I've tried the microwave in the past. But even just a few seconds and it's too hot for them. The water in the pan sounds intriguing too. But I may have found something easier. I already leave it out for a while after I get home and go about cleaning Tang's ear, etc. I also mash it up really good, the friction warming it more. Last night I put some on the tip of my finger and offered it to him like a treat. He associates this gesture as getting a bit of "people" food. A rare treat given his condition. This seemed to do the trick. I gave him that bite, and moved my hand down to the bowl. He finished not only his, but Theresa's left overs as well. I still think a lot of it had to do with the Clavimox. Because he would eat just about anything; Theresa always being the finicky one. If my "trick" stops working, I'll experiment with your suggestions.

Not much else going on. Four more Caturdays to work (including this one) lets hope they are not like last week blink.gif

I hope you both have a great day as well as Noah, Mindy and Shelley. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, mostly cloudy, sometimes sunny, Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It doesn't surprise me that you already have a method of warming up your precious companions' food. As usual you have things well under control. From what you shared with us from last night it sounds like your precious little Tang's enthusiasm for his canned food has returned. I know this has taken a concern from your heart and mind. Thank you so much for sharing this good news with us.

And the clock is ticking - - not just for the hours you have left today to work, but also the looking forward to when you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have your weekends back. YEA!!!! It really warms my heart that you have this to look forward to, my friend.

Nothing much going on around here today. Really don't have anything pressing on the agenda - - which is nice. In the process of doing the security update on the desk top. The internet has been playing "musical service" - - the up, then down, then up, then down - - oh it's up again - - routine for the last several days, including this morning and including during the first attempt to do the security scan on the desk top. So I'm running the security scan again since the internet seems to be "stable" at the moment. The day started out quite foggy here but has transitioned to clouds and occasional sunbeams. Noah is on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And once again, my friend, I am so glad to know that your precious Tang is eating his canned food again. This is very good news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was greatly relieved that Tang ate his can food 2 nights in a row; I hope this continues. I am looking forward to spending Caturdays with him and Theresa again.

Today my mind has been in a kind of fog, which is appropriate to the gloomy weather we are having. It was, in fact, pouring about 10 minutes before I left for my bus. But it slowed to a drizzle or less for the actual trip in. It seems to have abated for now and I hope it stays that way. Three more times I will have to make this epic journey (sigh)

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your internet connection and I hope it clears up so you can get done what you need. Not much else going on. I hope you and Noah are having a wonderful day and will have a peaceful blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you have your laundry done and are enjoying a very peaceful day with your precious fur family.

Since I have had cable internet service since 2004, the service provider has changed about every 2 years or so - - right now we're on the 4th service provider. It is annoying that cable service is restricted by law to one service provider per county - - there is no opportunity for cable service competition. The only other options are dial up, satellite, or dsl through the telephone provider. The good news is that the price for the cable internet services have stabilized which is good news for me - - and many others who are on strict monthly budgets. However, the folks who have cable TV services are continuing to see their costs increase without much improvement in TV services. Sooo glad I do not have that financial concern.

Not a lot going on here today. Have been catching up on some reading and e-mails. Soon it will be time to start getting lunch warming. Noah is on his bathroom window perch enjoying the sunbeams whenever they break through the clouds. The temps have been in the 50 - 60 degree range this weekend - - very nice indeed.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.