Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
DannysMom
Hi, Tracy! Hope you and the fur kids are well. Yesterday it rained all day and we had lots of thunderstorms moving through the area. Shelley napped on the couch for a while and Mindy snuggled up in that green bag. Having a rough time as I miss my Tina so. Next Saturday it'll be 3 months. Mindy and Shelley are keeping me good company. Shelley never seems to tire of running after toy balls. I wish Mindy had half as much energy! This morning the girls tussled and wrestled as usual, but Mindy let out a hiss and a growl when Shelley attacked a bit too much.
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and DannysMom

Today was a pretty lazy day up until about 20 minutes ago. My downstairs neighbors are blasting it again so loud that it sounds like it's coming from outside; vibrating every floor and wall of my apartment. Poor Theresa and Tang are a wreck. Per the manager, I am not stomping on the floor, but called the police and let the management know. I have the feeling if it was me, I'd have been served eviction papers by now. (sigh) They turned it down after the police came, but right back up when they left.

Other than that, it's been a not too bad Sunday. Just recharging after a very long Saturday. Hope you both and Noah, Mindy, and Shelley are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending hot afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry that your neighbors were obnoxious yesterday to the point you had to call the police. Yeah, I, too, am familiar with having to request law enforcement assistance when management abandons responsibility. I am so sorry you are having to endure this. I hope eventually your neighbors did quiet down so that you and your precious furkids could get some rest.

Not much going on here today. Paid a couple of bills online and got caught up with a few e-mails. I did attempt to trim Noah's nails which is not his favorite activity. I did get most of his nails trimmed on his front feet, but there are still a couple that need attention at some point.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful so that you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang will be able to enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I know the nail trimming freak out all too well. Actually, Theresa (who fights meds) isn't too bad about it. But Tang totally freaks. I have to work hard to calm him down. I'm thinking it might stem from abuse he may have suffered from his so called former family that dumped him. I guess I will never know. All I can do is assure him thnat he's safe with his forever dad.

I was going to have the vet do an all day arc blood check on him, but it's not covered under any plan, but there will be an add on in about 3 weeks. So, I'm just going to do a one time spot check to see if he needs to change his insulin intake until then. I will do that when I'm off Wednesday. On my way home to them now. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news.

I hope all goes well with your precious Tang's blood check up tomorrow. Please let us know how things go.

Today has been busy starting the monthly bill-a-thon - - paying bills on line and writing checks that need to be mailed either tomorrow or Thursday. We are under another severe storm watch until 8 this evening with the potential for hurricane force winds and hail. Ever since the storm almost a month ago we have had intermittent power interruptions, as recently as last night. I thought with the potential storm this evening I would wait until tomorrow to re-set the clocks from last night - - providing that we have power tomorrow.

Noah is doing well. He has had his dinner and is now taking a nap next to me as I'm writing to you. I hope your day at work went well and that your travels home will be safe and uneventful, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing your news, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hope you don't suffer anymore long term power failures. Failing that, I hope you managed to get a decent generator.

The last 2 days at work have been cruddy. All hard calls, all way too long (like 30 minutes to an hour) And I'm sure the sup will pick all of those out to give me lousy scores (sigh) it's supposed to be random, but me and the lady that sits behind me agree it's not. He simply loves to put people down too much. Plus I saw the other sup collecting things from the desk and taking down the name plate of one of my classmates. Short handed and they still love to get rid of people. I guess as long as it covers them for the TW overlords. Will the insecurity ever end?

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. They said Dr. Harris won't be there, so that makes me nervous about accurate results. I hope you and Noah are having a good evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and Teresa. I hope and pray your vet visit goes well tomorrow even though Dr. Harris won't be there. As for your sup, maybe when you ride with him you can find out why he puts people down so much. Is he getting pressure from his bosses? It really stinks that he picks the calls he wants to instead of randomizing. I guess you can't complain about it. Just do the best you can, because that is really all you can do. And, when the day is done, and you know you've given it your best, then your conscience is clear. I know it stinks when other people have so much control over you, believe me, I DO know. Give Tang and Teresa pats from me! smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thanks DannyMom

It could be pressure with the Time Warner buy out of Insight. But you'd think they would try harder to avoid turn over rather that invite it. But, that's not my call. As you say, all I can to is try my best.

Tang's visit was OK. His BG is down a few points but not as much as we were hoping. Apparently it's not enough to up the insulin dosage at this time; so that's a half way positive. I also noticed the price of the RX food is down 5.00 per bag, so that was nice. In a few weeks when I can get the diabetic add-on to his wellness plan we can do an all day arc, and perhaps learn more. Until then, I'm to just keep doing what I've been doing. It didn't help me or poor Tang that the first cab driver lied and said he came there and I was not there. It's a trick they like to do when they don't want the run but don't want to get penalized. The second driver was nice, but poor Tang was stuck in his carrier for over an hour sad.gif

Not much else to post. Going to try to salvage the rest of my day off with the kittles. Hope you and Mindy and Shelley are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits - - particularly now that you and your little boy are home from your vet travels.

Sounds like reasonably good news about Tang's blood levels. Hopefully when you have the all day arc test done Dr. Harris will be in the office to oversee it. I hope you will be able to ensure that Dr. Harris will be in the office on the day of the appointment. And it's always good news when a cost goes down as it has for your little Tang's food -- every penny saved helps.

Adding my sincere sympathies to DannysMom about your situation at work. It's always nice to have the confirmation of another fellow worker who makes the same observations about the practices of management. It never ceases to amaze me how they think they can control how much time a call should take - - there are so many variables that can arise in the course of a call. Are you supposed to say to a customer "oops - - your time is up for this call. You can call back and talk to a different employee to continue resolving your issue"? As DannysMom has shared with you, I add my affirmation: All you can do is your best, Tracy. Sometimes it is considered "good enough" by those who are in "authority" over us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that all will work out okay for you with this job so that you CAN have a good reassurance of financial security and stability.

Got the rest of the checks written today and payments entered into the financial ledger, so tomorrow will be my errand day. It will soon be time to start veggies warming for lunch. Noah is curled up next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you. We had a game of soccer this morning and he has made his rounds making sure that his domain is safe and sound. We got some gusty winds yesterday evening and clouds but no power interruptions or storms. So this morning I re-set all the clocks. The sun is shining brightly and the AC is running when it needs to.

Hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are being able to enjoy the rest of your day together, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, cool, and cozy evening. I know tomorrow is going to be a very l o n g day for you, but I hope it will be better than what perhaps you are anticipating. I look forward to knowing how your day goes tomorrow, including the meeting after work. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing your news, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hope it gets better at work. My anxiety is working overtime. I had the most awful dream while napping that my co-workers(different people from my actual co-workers) were tormenting me terribly. From threats to making me miss my bus stop.

My wisdom tooth pain has returned to make matters worse. I hope it goes away eventually like it did last time. Juggling loans, slow paybacks, it's becoming a nightmare. Ironic, considering I started down this path because I was worried about Tang's ear only to find out he can't have surgery due to a more expensive problem in the long run. Will it ever end? Why can't I ever get the "easy" ones? (sigh)

Anyway, he and Theresa are fine. I had to break up a little scuffle early this morning though. I guess I'll never know what it was about. I hope you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our H O T late afternoon greetings from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I know today is your very llloooooonnnggg day with your mandatory meeting tonight. I hope your day is treating you kindly at work, and that the meeting this evening will go quickly so that you can get home to your precious furkids - - who will be very anxious to have you home. AND I hope you will have a friendly ride home. I will look forward to knowing how things go for you.

This morning I did my weekly errands - - bills to the post office that cannot be paid online and a quick stop at Kroger to pick up a few items. The store was busy again today, but I was able to take advantage of the express check out which was nice for a change. I was only gone for about an hour, but my precious little boy greeted me like I had been gone forever - - and I was ever so glad to be back home with him, too. Soon it will be time to get him his dinner. I also need to make a trek to the mailbox to collect whatever has been delivered yesterday and today.

Once again, my friend, I hope your day at work is going well, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening when you get home. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing your news, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Just getting off and waiting for co-worker to get off to go to the mall to kill some time. I'm glad you were able to get your errands done and home to your precious Noah. As for my ride home, silence would suit me just fine frankly. But I'll let you know. I hope you and your Noah have a great evening smile.gif TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stormy greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I know it was late when you got home last night, and I know you are at work today - - at least I hope you are at work today. I hope today is treating you and your precious furkids kindly, my friend.

It has been a pleasantly quiet day here for my precious Noah and me. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 tonight. We are having a thunderstorm pass overhead as I'm writing to you but nothing severe - - and I hope it stays that way.

Once again, my friend, I hope your day at work is going well, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I know they are anxiously anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad, and I know you are eagerly looking forward to getting home to them. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing your news, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, I'm at work today after a LONG day yesterday. Ride home was OK althogh he took the long way. I ended up getting about 4 hours sleep, and I feel dead on my feet. Theresa got a pass on her ear drops. But Tang got his cleaning and insulin. Today was busy from outages from last nights storms. But now I'm heading home to my kittles which is good. I hope you and Noah are well and having a good evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to know that you're on your way home to your precious furkids. Perhaps sometime you will be able to share with us what happened at the meeting last night - - if you want to do that.

Hope your travels home will be safe and unevenful. Once again, my friend, you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, that I always look forward to sharing your news, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I posted that last one at work when I got off. It was short because I do not feel comfortable posting there since I got moved. The meeting was OK. I did get some valuable insight (no pun intended) on what I'm looking at on the real time vs historical graphs and charts troubleshooting cable modems. They shared kudos from customers and management, and mine from a few weeks ago was mentioned. The ride home was OK, I guess. He decided to go all the way down Hurstbourne until it turns into Fern Valley (the street I live off of) rather than taking the interstates which would have been much faster. I thought perhaps he did that because he wanted to talk; turns out he's just stubborn. He did ask me how I liked the job, and that I was doing OK all considered. So, I guess that's good more or less. I still feel kind of ambivalent. Perhaps the last 2 years have jaded me and left me bereft of any genuine hope. What with job security so uncertain and now Tang having diabetes, I feel like "Haven't I been here before?" I'm trying not to let it get me down, but it's hard sometimes.

At least today I got in before 7 and can share that time with Theresa and Tang before I have to get up at 4AM to start all over. I do believe I will sleep like the dead come Sunday. Hoping this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy, Happy Caturday!

I hope your day at work isn't too bad after those terrible storms last evening. We got hit by lightning, blew a fuse on one line in the basement. (we still have the old-fashion fuse box). We heard thunder and lightning for hours, even as it slowly moved down into other counties. Anderson Co. got a lot of flash flooding.

I hope little Theresa and Tang are doing well today. Blackie hasn't come back yet, been gone for over 2 weeks. I haven't seen any cats for a long time, just raccoons.

Even though it is a long day for you, I hope you and furbabies can settle down and have a cozy evening. Sleep, sleep, sleep tomorrow!.....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

We had some bad storms here too, but not until after I'd been home a while. Lights fickered a couple times, but no other problems. Theresa and Tang were scared by the thunder and ran to me. Especially Tang since that's what he was abandoned in before I rescued him from the vet. I'm really starting to worry about Blackie sad.gif Especially since you mention racoons because of that other thread where the cat has been missing for days and they are afraid he was attacked by a racoon. And since you said he'd fussed with some of them. I hope he's OK.....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, adding good Caturday greetings to LoveMyMickey to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Soon it will be time for you to begin your travels home. I know you are eagerly looking forward to getting home to your precious furkids and enjoying your time together - as your precious furkids are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad.

Sorry your sup decided to take the long way home for you Thursday evening - - another indication of "control" instead of taking the more direct and most expedient route that would have been helpful for YOU. Considering how employment has been less than kind to you over the last couple of years it is perfectly normal for you to be uneasy now about having any employment security. Hopefully the meeting gave you some ideas and recommendations as to how to handle the more challenging calls you get so that you can "improve" your call ratio. This only comes with repetition and gaining experience, Tracy - - just do the best you can. And - - you can always keep your options open, my friend - - hopefully for employment that will offer you better and genuine job security.

It's another hot day here in the VA mountains. Noah has had his lunch and is upstairs this afternoon enjoying some private time. I need to wash the lunch dishes, and after awhile make a trek to the mailbox to collect whatever has been delivered yesterday and today. I keep reading articles on the internet how the postal service is going to stop Saturday deliveries but that hasn't happened yet in this area.

I hope your day at work is going well, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing your news, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It did occur to me that the insistance on the route home was a "control" issue. Eh, at least I was lucky enough to get a ride home. I think you may be right about keeping my options open. I still get all those job site emails, but I tend to delete or ignore them. I think perhaps I should start seeing what's out there again. Two people here (including one from my class) have went on to other jobs. And having a weekday off helps for scheduling interviews. I'll have to mull that over.

We have had a fairly nice day here in the weather. Right now it's 85 with low humidity and a nice breeze. That should make my long bus stop hikes a little easier. I still have about 20 minutes before I get that underway and home to my forever fur kids. I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Happy Cat-urday from me as well, Tom's Dad! Seems like your sup is one of those "difficult" people. I've read that the way to please control freaks is to always ask them for their opinion, like "What would you do?" or "Could you give me some advice on this?" Maybe you could try it and see if it helps! smile.gif I think I agree with moon_beam that you should keep looking for greener pastures. I'm sure there is something better out there for you where you would be a lot happier. Keep reaching for the stars! smile.gif

I hope Tang and Teresa are well. It's another hot day here in my neck of the woods. Mindy and Shelley are napping.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Sunday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you have the laundry done and are enjoying a peaceful day with your precious fur family.

Not much going on here today. Sundays are very low key here. Noah spent the night upstairs but is very comfortably snuggled next to me tummy up and legs stretched out taking a nap as I'm writing to you. He is so fascinating to watch - - awake and asleep.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom and moon_beam

Asking him questions would work on a "classic" control freak. But he's not that. In fact he seems to hate it when people ask questions. Well, to be more accurate: He loves when people ask him WHAT to do, not so much HOW to do it. Because then that shows his own level ignorance in the various systems. Still, I'd like for it to get better and work out. I'm so tired of hopping from job to job looking for my "final destination". Besides, getting hired on full would mean paying only pennies on the dollar for my services, and that savings alone could really help me pull ahead. We will just have to see how it turns out (sigh)

Today has been one of mostly sleep catching up from Thursday, and of course Saturday. The latter being hell. The second bus home was 10 minutes late, was packed with people with bikes, wheel chairs, and strollers and screaming kids. On top of that, the driver went at a snails pace. So, by the time I got to my final stop is was more like 30 minutes late.

I've just finished with the round of meds/cleaning for both Theresa and Tang (she is still indignant about the drops) and the can food. Now I will finish cleaning up and watch some TV before going to bed to start all over again tomorrow. I hope you both and Noah, Mindy, and Shelley are well. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Monday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. I know you are at work - - which is a good thing and I know you are very thankful for the job - - and I hope today is treating you kindly.

Tracy, I know what you mean about the "job hopping." Since you are employed now it would still be beneficial for you to keep your options opened - - keep checking the e-mails and respond to those you think would be of interest to you. You can be more selective now in what you respond to as well. You just might find "the job" for you in keeping your options opened with better hours and an easier transportation schedule. Of course the decision is up to you, and only you can make this decision. If things improve for you on this job, that's GREAT and I truly hope and pray this happens - - but at least by keeping your options opened
YOU are exercising some "control" over whether or not you stay. Whatever you decide, Tracy, please know you have my full support.

A few moments ago I contacted the electrical contractor to confirm the appointment tomorrow to discuss emergency generators and I'm still on their schedule between 10 am and Noon. I suspect this will be pretty close to an all day project once they arrive - -which I am not particularly looking forward to but it is a project that needs to be done nonetheless. So might as well get it done and over with so that Noah and I can resume our serenity.

Not much else going on today yet. I will need to move some things out of the "maintenance" closet where the electrical panel and main water lines with the well pump are located so that it will be ready tomorrow when the contractor arrives. I'm hoping that since I already have a generator in place - - although it doesn't work - - that this will help the contractor in that they will not have to start from "scratch" - - and may actually speed up the new installation.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe, uneventful, and expedient so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will be able to enjoy a blissful, peaceful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

On my lunch now. I know what you mean about keeping my options open, and I am certainly giving it much thought. It is always better to have control over where we choose to go - or stay. I hope everything goes well with your electrical work. I know you have said Noah does not care for strangers, so I hope this does not stress him too much.

Hoping you and Noah have a great day! TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
I can't get a picture out of my head from this morning. I was walking my usual route to the bus. When I got to the part where I was passing the hotel. I saw movement from just behind the big metal flood doors leading to the parking area of the lobby where I cut through. I stopped and saw a small pair of eyes peering out at me. I moved closer and saw 2 kittens no more than 4-5 months old; a gray and orange tabby. The gray one and I made solid eye contact. He didn't run away, he looked at me as if to say "Will you rescue me and my brother/sister?" Oh how I hate having to work at times like that. It broke my heart to have to tell him, I'm sorry little one, but I must get to work to make money to care for my 2 already at home. I feel so terrible. But, what really could I have done for them? I suppose if I had a car, it would not have killed me to be late in order to at least take them to a shelter. But I could not even do that sad.gif
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, do not beat yourself up that you couldn't rescue the kittens. Perhaps you could stop by there on your day off or call someone from a rescue organization to check on the kittens? Perhaps someone from work would rescue them? There are so many possibilities.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

I know I can't save them all. I see stuff like that in my area all too often. This one hit me harder becuase the little guy (or girl) didn't run away like all the rest, but pleaded with his/her eyes.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. In a little while you will be heading home to your precious companions and will be home with them tomorrow - - which I know your precious furkids will thoroughly enjoy.

Today has been reasonably decent -- but frustrating. The contractor showed up around 10:30 this morning. Apparently electrical contractors are only interested in installing whole house generators powered by propane or natural gas. I do not trust propane and natural gas is not available here in the rural area. Whole house generators are way out of my financial league. So, I am on my own looking for a new portable generator. On the good side the contractor did write down specifications for me to look for in my search for a new generator. He also gave me an estimate for installing an upgraded panel box and connecting the new generator. The estimate for the contractor is good for a year, but I hope to have this resolved in the next couple of months. Right now my head is spinning looking at generators online and trying to make sense of the specifications. Once again my lack of "technical knowledge" is a HUGE handicap. I need to go somewhere that has generators on display to try to get some idea about how they are "laid out" in terms of access to the battery, oil compartment, etc.. So - - I have my work cut out for me.

Other than this the day has been good. My precious little boy was ever so thankful to be released from his "incarceration" in the bathroom after the contractor left - - and after I got everything put back in the utility room.

I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home this evening will be safe, uneventful, and expedient so that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will be able to enjoy a blissful, peaceful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the generator. I did not even know there was such a thing as a whole house unit. Might as well have your own nuclear reactor (just kidding) I'm sure Noah was glad to get out of "kitty jail"

I will be heading out on my 1 1/2 hour journey in about 20 minutes to get home to my kittles. Tomorrow there are no vet appointments, so I really do get to sleep in for a change. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies had a good day. That was sad about the two little kittens. I know what you mean about the pleading eyes......Blackie never did come back, gone 3 weeks tomorrow. I was thinking like you were, about the raccoons. There are no signs in our immediate area of any foul play, but could happen any where. Raccoons can get scared and vicious when cornered. It's kind of weird how all the strays that used to stop by, have disappeared.

Tracy, I hope little Theresa and Tang are doing well and give them a special pat for me. Sleep, sleep, sleep all you can tomorrow! smile.gif

I'm always thinking of your angel Sir Thomas too. wub.gif

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - totally enjoying this day together.

I'm so chuckling about your "nuclear reactor" observation. I have seriously considered and looked into solar energy here, but the cost of installing is astronomical. I have never been able to understand why alternative energy should be so outrageous price-wise - - except to keep people "chained" to the traditional forms of power and transportation. The generator quest will work out - - eventually. I just need to give myself some space from yesterday to think things through and try to make some sense of it. I will probably go into the city tomorrow to a company that sells generators that was recommended to me to look at the ones they have on display and ask more questions. I'm not particularly happy about this because the company is in a not so good part of the city that I really prefer to avoid, but I will go in the morning and hope that I can get business done quickly.

Early this morning around 5:30 Noah was very interested in something he was seeing outside. I was awake so I got up and joined him at the big window. Lo and behold a beautiful adult red fox was traveling through the back yard -- started up close to the porch. He / she looked in the window and saw Noah and me looking at him / her and he / she quickly scampered toward the thick woods out through the back fence - - and points beyond. WOW!! this is the first time I have seen a fox live and in person - - what a treat!!! Neither the deer nor the rabbit have been back for a visit, but the birds and squirrels are plentiful and keep Noah and me entertained.

Since I was awake early this morning I took advantage of the cooler temperature of 70 degrees at 8 a.m. and mowed the front yard. It needed it. It was a 2 hour chore with a 10 minute time out in the garage when the mower ran out of gas. Thank goodness I only had 10 minutes of mowing left to do. And I'm glad I got started early because as the sun got higher the temperature got warmer with the humidity mixed in for additional discomfort. After midnight we got a bit of a loud thunderstorm overhead so the grass and ground was still wet for the mowing job, but I needed to do it today because the temps are supposed to return to the 90-something range beginning tomorrow lasting through several days. It's been about 6 weeks - - perhaps a little longer - - since I last mowed because of the intense hot temps and triple heat indice temps.

So it's been busy around here. Noah is doing well. After I got my shower we played some soccer with his big puff ball. He usually joins me in the bathroom and keeps me company while I'm taking my shower but not today - - he's steering clear of the bathroom today.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very blissful, peaceful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey. I'm sorry to hear that Blackie has been gone so long. I hope he is OK unsure.gif

Thank you moon_beam. I do hope you get your generator situation dealt with to your satisfaction. What a great srory about the fox smile.gif

Today I woke up at 5:00 because of the alarm on an old watch I use as a back up. But then I rolled over and slept until 10:00! I must have needed it. Tang was with me most of that time; kneeding my chest and arms and laying on me. It was nice. I got up grabbed only my backpack and a single thermal cloth shopping bag and proceeded to the bus to go to Kroger to get only what I could carry and back on the bus again. I'm just cooling off from the heat and humidity and am going to lie down for a while. I hope you all are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say good evening to you and your precious fur tribe before shutting down this whiz gizmo for the evening. Glad you were able to get your shopping done for re-supply and back home with your kitty kids quickly.

Have been doing generator research for the last 4 hours and have narrowed the field to 4 that really look promising with very good to excellent customer reviews. So tomorrow when I go to the supply store I will have the information with me and ready to do business.

When Noah and I took a brief break from researching generators we took a look outside and I noticed that a huge tree has toppled in the wooded area inside the fence. This must have been from the rather loud lightning strike that resulted in a BIG BOOM during the storm in the wee hours of the morning. Isn't the first tree to be a victim of a lightning strike here, and am thankful that once again the house was spared.

It's time for me to give my eyes a rest from this screen, so I will bid you, your precious Theresa and little Tang a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. As always I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Good to hear your research is coming along OK. On my walk to the bus today, I saw a tree that looked to be partially felled by lightning. I wondered how a fire did not start from all the surrounding brush; but was glad that none had. This may go on record as both the hottest and stormiest summers in years. Yet there is no such thing as climate change, so say the people rich enough to escape it (so they think)

Not much going on here. Just finished a nap about 40 minutes ago and now time to tend to Theresa and Tang. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Your day is coming to a close at work and soon you will be homeward bound to your precious fur tribe.

Today has been a very busy but productive one. I am SOOOOOO GLAD I do not have to commute into the city every day. I got turned around and lost a couple of times but eventually made it to each destination - - the first one to the generator store and the second one to the electrical contractor. A generator is on order, will be delivered to the electrical contractor who will deliver it and set it up when the job is scheduled. I ended up ordering the generator online through the generator store's website, but the trip to the generator store was very informative. With a project this size it's always good to actually talk to someone face to face before making a decision - - particularly when one hasn't a clue what they're doing - - like me. Left the house about 8:45 this morning and got back home just before 1:30 this afternoon. It was a L O N G morning's work - - but worth the effort. I'm just glad I won't have to go back into that part of the city for a very long time again.

So when I get this note to you loaded I will be signing off for the day as I really need to do some serious winding down. The generator thing has literally been on my mind 24 / 7 and now that a decision is finally made I need to let my brain slow down to a more "steady as she goes" function instead of "full steam ahead."

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, that your travels home will be safe and uneventful, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you have your generator project underway; and I'm sure you are glad you have the yardwork out of the way too. Not much going on here. Two more days before I'm off again to spend time with the kittles. I hope you and Noah are well. TTFN.

TTT
Tom's Dad
One more day down, one to go - my LONG one. On my way home to Theresa ansd Tang.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. I hope your travels home are safe and uneventful, my friend. I know you are eagerly anticipating getting home as your precious furkids are eagerly anticipating the familiar sound your footsteps in the hall, the click of the key in the lock, and the joyous greeting that daddy's home.

Today has been a busy one starting the process of getting caught up with e-mail correspondence with friends who have been patiently waiting to hear from me. Yesterday when I ordered the generator online I was very pleased that I could complete the transaction through PayPal. It's a good thing that PP keeps the credit card information on file because I could not find my PP credit card when I went to look for it to make the transaction - - a victim of my prior "organization" project. This unnerved me somewhat last night as I couldn't find it anywhere that I could think of to look. This morning I went back through my PP transaction folder and lo and behold - - there it was. So I put it in a separate folder hoping this will make it easier for me to find it the next time - - providing that I can remember to look for it in the new folder. The brain is no longer so elastic in updating and retrieving the memory bank.

Noah is doing well. He appears to have recovered from his incarceration on Tuesday while the contractor was here for he is once again bravely venturing into the bathroom. At the moment he is stretched out so sweetly next to me taking a pre-dinner nap as I'm writing to you. He had just finished a spit and polish clean up a few moments ago - - perhaps to save time when he lets me know it's time for dinner.

I hope today treated you kindly at work, my friend, and your precious Theresa and little Tang as they have waited patiently for the safe return home of their Forever Dad. May you and your precious furkids have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you have been busy. I'm glad you are able to keep on track for your generator; and will be glad when you finally have it installed. Glad to hear Noah is returning to normal after being in "jail". Well, one more day to get through before I'm off for another day. A lazy Sunday with the kids will be nice. Oh, I have been wanting to share something that Tang does I think is kind of cute. When I'm petting him on the bed when I'm getting ready for work, he has a special purr. He puts just a hint of a meow into it so that he sounds like a tribble. It's so endearing. Well, I hope you and Noah are well and have a great Caturday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, another hot Caturday greeting to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - and that your day at work is being kind to you. I'm wondering how things are going since the meeting last week - - any "improvement" in your supervisor's interaction with you?

Thank you for sharing with us about your precious little Tang's purr communication. Isn't it amazing how many different tones and sounds they share with us?!!! I know beyond all shadow of a doubt that your precious Tang is saying, "I love you, daddy, and thank you for being my Forever Dad." How is your precious little boy doing with his ear and insulin, my friend?

It's a quiet day here so far. I have the big desk top with Win XP up and running this morning to do the security updates and scan. I want to keep it current - - I still prefer the XP system to W7. It is cloudy here and apparently boring outside as Noah is curled up on the sofa next to his window bench taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to get some veggies on the stove warming for lunch, and I know that will rouse my precious Noah as he likes to keep the veggies company as they're cooking.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe, uneventful, and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, just wanted to wish you a happy Cat-urday as well and I've also been wondering how things have been going for you at work. Any improvement? I hope both Tang and Teresa are well. Tang's purr sounds so sweet. You know he loves you. smile.gif
I posted two funny pictures of my girls last week, don't know if you saw them. Shelley looks so surprised most of the time that I take pictures of her. Mindy likes to pose when she is in the mood for it. I hope you have a nice and quiet evening with your fur kids! smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and DannysMom

Actually Tang has been doing fairly well as near as I can tell. His ear is a little redder at times than I would like, but both vets have assured me it's benign and not life threatening. As I wrote before, his last vet visit revealed his BG had dropped a little but not as much as we would have liked. He is still on 2 units twice a day of the Humulin N. He is being a very brave boy about it though. Theresa, not so much. And all she has to get is a few drops in each ear once a day. I keep telling her Tang has it worse and takes it better, but that just gets me a glare. But she always comes around. Especially since can food comes right after. Another close to the work week on this Caturday. In about 20 minutes I will begin my 2.5 hour trek to get home. I do hope both buses are on time this evening, and I do not have a repeat of the fresh hell that was last week's second bus ride home. Hope you both are well, as well as Noah, Mindy, and Shelley. TTFN.

TTT

PS: Work is about the same. I have spoken with other people including one lady from my class. The concesus is he's a control freak with a "don't bother me" attitude who pretty much makes us ALL (newbies and veterins alike) feel stupid. No people skills at all. But the manager seems to like him, and I have seen the way she looks at him; kind of creepy really. So, I'm not going to take it personally. Just keep doing my best.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Sunday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - laundry done and now enjoying a lazy day with your precious furkids.

Hope your travels home yesterday were safe and expedient. I'm glad to know your little Tang's ear is holding its own, and that he seems to be doing well on his insulin. I'm chuckling about your precious Theresa's consternation about having drops in her ears, but she seems to understand that you are doing this for her benefit - - as I'm sure she realizes that her ears feel better for the effort.

Thank you for sharing with us about how work is going. I'm glad that your fellow co-workers share your observations, which helps you to feel not so isolated which is a GOOD thing. Just keep doing your job to the best of your ability, my friend.

It is a quiet day here, as Sunday's usually are. The sun is shining brightly and the A C is humming along. Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time, but soon I will go to the kitchen to start lunch on the stove and I will hear him come racing down the basement steps to keep the veggies company as they warm - - knowing that eventually his bowl will also be replenished.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was tried this morning at 4, but managed to get my laundry done. Looking over my loan repayments, it seems I'm doing better than I thought. I'll be glad when I finally get them paid off. I don't want to think about what it will cost me in the long run; but at least I was able to give Tang the help he needed. I won't go through what I went through with Tom ever again. Even if I have to sell the shirt off my back. It's going to be tough, but what else can I do? Maybe if I'm lucky and God is feeling generous, I'll win the 2000.00 from all those Banfield visit surveys I took online.

Work is, well, work. But like you said, all I can do is keep trying. All things considered, it's not as stressful as any of my jobs in the last 2 years. I consider myself lucky to even be working and at a higher wage than the last few jobs. I was prematurely awoken from my afternoon nap by the downstairs neighbors again. There was a knock at my door, but I ignored it. Probably the police on a counter complaint from the neighbors. I'm sure the "safety" officer that lives on site will tell the manager I'm "over reacting" as usual. You would think the fact I have lived here 9 years this month, and predate most of the residents AND the manager would count for something. But I think they all just want me gone. Feels like some of the jobs I have had actually. Well, I was here first darn it, and I follow the rules.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now. Theresa and Tang are doing OK. I hope you and Noah are as well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Soon you will be beginning your travels homeward bound to the eager greeting of your precious little girl and boy.

So glad your loan repayments are going better than you initially thought. This is ALWAYS good news!!! I'm so glad you had these resources available to you so that you could get your little Tang the medical treatment and care he needs.

It sounds like you are finding some positives in your job, my friend, and this is always helpful. I hope and pray with all my heart that you will be able to settle into this job and gain some feeling of job and financial stability.

Sorry your neighbors continue to be a source of aggravation for you and your precious furkids. I hope things quieted down so that you and your precious fur family could enjoy a peaceful evening.

Not much going on around here today. Continuing to get caught up on e-mails and preparing a folder for the generator work. It's cloudy and humid here. Noah has just about had all the dreariness he can handle for one day and is curled up next to me with his paws over his eyes taking a pre-dinner nap. He is so precious.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious furkids can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Just having a job that does not want to make me pull my hair out is a plus all by itself. My neighbors are at it louder tonight than yesterday. I called the police and emailed the manager. Somehow, I don't see this ending unless they are kicked out; which I do not see happening. Being a "jerk" to the staff is an evictable offence, apparenty, but not continually breaking the rules. Go figure.

I did at least catch the 2nd bus home that I wanted to giving me more time with the kids. I hope this evening is treating you and your precious Noah well. TTFN

TTT

PS: As I finish this, the noise stopped and their sliding doors slammed REALLY hard (as in tantrum)
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. I know you are on your way home - - or will be very soon - - to the eager greeting of your precious companions.

I know what you mean about being grateful for a job that doesn't make you want to pull your hair out. This truly is a bonus for
you.

Sorry your neighbors continue to be a royal nuisance. If their behavior is reaching up to your apartment I am certain their obnoxious behavior is also reaching other surrounding residents as well. Perhaps if management receives enough complaints from the police reports that the troublesome occupants will be given a "shape up or ship out" notice. One can always hope.

Today has its busy peaks. Paid a couple of bills online, continue to get caught up with e-mails patiently waiting for my replies. Got an e-mail notice that an attempt was made to deliver the generator to the contractor but was denied delivery because the package was damaged. I called the contractor to get a better idea about the situation, and I am soooo glad delivery was made to the contractor - - the manager did the very right thing on my behalf. He made a follow up call to the company and a new generator is being prepared for shipment with delivery either the end of this week or the first part of next week to the contractor. When the shipment meets the approval of the contractor, they will then put me on their schedule for installation. This is working out soooooo nice.

Noah is doing well. He has already started his dinner "tummy empty" alerts. He is sooooo funny, and the light of my life.

I hope today treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious furkids can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I hope you get your new generator soon and installed to your satisfaction. I know what you mean about the "empty tummy" alerts. I get those aplenty from both. Tang is especially vocal screeching at me "Daddy, hurry up and FEEEED US!!!!" Speaking of "talking" it's funny how they both were so quiet and reserved when I first brought them home. And now, they just "talk" up a storm smile.gif

My neighbors are quiet for the moment. What you say about other tenants being disturbed works in theory, but the problem is that many units in my building are empty; and the ones that aren't contain folks just as creepy. We will just have to see.

Work was OK, but I'm glad it's over and I'm off tomorrow. Then just 3 more days including my "long" one before I'm off again. It's nice having a weekday off, but I miss having my days off back to back (sigh) Anyway, I hope you and Noah have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending hot Wednesday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits, and able to enjoy this day at home together in peace and serenity.

I am so smiling at your precious Theresa's and little Tang's conversations with you. They are telling you all the things they see and hear while you're at work, and most importantly - - are telling you how much they deeply love you for being their Forever Dad. Sometimes when Noah gets really talkative I thank him for singing me his love songs. When I say that to him he looks at me with his beautiful eyes and then comes to me to offer soft love rubs.

Today's agenda includes making a grocery list for tomorrow's trek out. Noah has made his rounds to make sure his domain is safe from all intruders and is now settled down next to me taking a late morning nap.

I hope today is treatin you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to sharing how you and your precious fur family are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.