Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very hot greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad you were both able to "sleep in" this morning. Unfortunately, I can't do that even on my days off due to Tang's insulin schedule (but I can always go back to sleep, which I often do on Sundays) I do all the things on my PC that you do including running my McAfee once a week. But I figured for 1.00, what the heck.

Tang has been much more affectionate this morning. I forgot to buy anything for breakfast at Kroger yesterday so I just had some Triscuits and soft cream cheese spread I did have. I saw a couple tins of sardines in the cupboard I bought a while back and cracked one of them open. Tang really enjoyed his share of that happy.gif Didn't stop him from begging for my crackers and cream cheese though rolleyes.gif It's nice to know that even w/o his canines, his appetite is still good. I can attest to that from hefting him to the sink yesterday to clip his claws.

The rest of the day has been spent channel surfing and napping on and off with my no so little man. Sans the weird dreams this time. Now just the Sunday afternoon blues knowing I have to return to my indentured servitude tomorrow (sigh)

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope your weekend is going well. I just want to say you are doing a great job by keeping all the little waifs fed. We had no takers this morning, but I noticed some of the food disappeared later.

Maybe your dream meant that you will get another orange cat. I saw an orange butterfly the other day and I thought of Tang. I know it was comforting to dream about Theresa.

One night I dreamed hubby was at the carport door feeding a big donkey. laugh.gif He had opened a can of cat food and was feeding him by hand.Those big donkey ears showed up so plain in the dream. I looked up the meaning of donkey dreams and it said, "you or somebody around you are acting like an *** or you are carrying a heavy burden." Dreams can be so weird, but that is true about hubby, he will feed anything. smile.gif

I use the AOL software for my email and browser and I got a PC cleaner from them, but they charge 4.99 a month. It cleans up everything even identity threats, disk cleans, etc.

Have a great day and evening with sweet Tang and I am always thinking of our angels Sir Tom, Princess Theresa, and Sweet Mickey....God Bless....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM.

There are days I too see few if any waifs, but the food is always gone when I go out next time. That's an interesting dream you had. Your hubby sounds like a kindhearted soul with a love for all animals. Too few people like that in the world.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing. I hope you, hubby and the waifs have a wonderful evening with your sweet Angel Mickey watching over you all. Peace and blessings.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very warm humid Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious Tang had a good day yesterday, and that you were able to find a special treat in the cupboard to share with him. I'm so smiling at him begging for your cheese and crackers.

As yesterday morning was a late rise, this morning was an early rise around 7:30 a.m.. My precious Noah decided to settle down on his bathroom window perch for his after breakfast slumber, and I couldn't get back to sleep stretched out in bed. So, I decided to make use of the early rise by reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement. Found a $10 error in my math in my checkbook - - thankfully to my credit. So that was helpful. I then proceeded to work on the "bill-a-thon" getting payments outlined in my checkbook that will need to be paid beginning next week. So that's taken care of for now. By then my precious boy roused from his sweet slumber and joined me at the desk. I made a trek out to the mailbox to get the mail that was delivered on Saturday, and was able to take apart the wobbly cabinet in the garage which is now ready to go to the special trash bins. So it has been a productive day - - which is nice. My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Off and on rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you have had a productive day indeed. Glad to hear the math error was in your favor; that always helps.

I so did not want get up for work today. This was made worse by Tang waking me up at 3:30 or so blink.gif He usually waits until about 10 minutes or so before my alarm goes off, so I guess he needs to work on his timing. I couldn't be mad at him though as he licked, meowed and nuzzled my face wub.gif

Work is shaping up to be another back to back call Monday. It didn’t use to be that way, in fact I often commented on how odd it is for a call center to be slow on Mondays. One more reason for me to hate this place (sigh)

This morning I saw Tux Jr and Siamese after wondering where they were and moving on down to the 2nd feeding area. I just saw Little Gray down there. I hope the rest are OK unsure.gif

Just over 2 hours until my “sentence” for the day is over and it can't come soon enough. I’ll update on how Tang’s doing when I get home.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:37 (Bus home was late - what a shock) Tang was at the door as usual, the best part of my day happy.gif Gobbled up his supper and is snuggling my feet as I post this update. He is well and seems in good spirits.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious prince boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry your job has become more stressful particularly at a time when you need it the least. Still I hope the busier workload is helping to make the day go faster for you - - instead of having it feel like it will never end. Please let us know how things are going.

So glad your precious Tang is doing well - - which is no surprise under your loving care. Am also glad you are seeing some of the waifs out and about when you do the provisioning. I know you worry about the ones you don't see, and add my hopes that Tux Sr, Bobtail, and all the others are doing well, too.

It has been a busy day on the big desk top making several online orders. My precious boy and I had a nice snuggle this morning, and joined me at the big computer when awoke from his slumbers. He has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know that mine is now ready so will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and HOT greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you have had quite a productive day indeed.

Thanks for the kind words about the job. It is what it is. At least there is one team lead on my side. He twice caught one of the slackers I mentioned improperly transferring calls to the wrong department because she could not get a download to go through (call avoidance) He presented the evidence to management and they ignored it. So…yeah dry.gif He did get me set up with a higher level of access in our processing host to allow me to correct a common settlement error so I don’t have to beg in chat. That’s going to be nice I think.

I did see most of my regular waifs leaving for work this morning (I only saw Little Gray when feeding them) I didn’t see Bobtail, but I did see either Tux Sr or his “twin” (didn’t have time to stop and look at his tail) I do worry about them in this heat unsure.gif

Tang was his usual affectionate chatty self this morning happy.gif We didn’t have much time to cuddle, but that’s the way it is some mornings. I’ll let you know how he is when I get home.

Less than an hour to go before I’m “free” I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:36 (Yup, bus late again - imagine that?) Tang greeting me at the door as usual wub.gif He gobbled up all his supper and came for some scritches as I booted up the PC. He seems well and in good spirits.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad one of the team leaders is validating your work ethic even though management chooses to ignore the slackness of the other employee. I hope being able to have access to the processing host will help to lessen your stress levels. Please let us know how things go.

So glad your precious boy is continuing to do well with his eating. I know seeing him have a healthy appetite and being able to eat his food takes a lot of concern off your mind. So glad you were able to see most of the community waifs yesterday morning on your travels to the bus stop. Hopefully they have a cool place to congregate during the heat of the day, but can understand your concern for them with this hot weather.

My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle early this morning. At some point he decided he would be more comfortable on his bathroom window perch, so that's where I found him when I got up around 8:30 or so. The yard contractor was here this morning a little after 9 a.m. to do the mowing. It's been about a month since they were last here, and the yard was beginning to look like it needed another grooming. With today's mowing it won't need another mowing until sometime in August. Since the noise of the equipment woke up my precious boy from his peaceful slumber, he decided to keep me company while I took the trash out to the trash bin. We had our morning greeting, and he is now settled down on his bathroom window perch for a nap.

Got a call from my brother in Bedford this morning, and he and Judy would like me to join them for lunch at one of their favorite restaurants for lunch tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another hot and humid day’s greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear the noise of the contractors bothered your little man, but I’m glad to hear he is doing better now.

Thank you for your kind support, as always, in the stress that is my job. I already had one call today where my access came in handy. Better than waiting 20 minutes in chat while a certain diva lead flits about the floor socializing (not the one who got me access)

This morning on my way to the bus stop I saw all the waifs but Tux Sr/Other Tux. I did see Bobtail finally. He seemed to be doing well enough. I think they may go down into the storm drain network below the jogging path when it’s hot. When I used to gather up my “missing” bowls around back I’d see them congregate there because there was noticeably cool air coming from the entrance. I used to try to give them water during the summer, but they didn’t seem to drink it and the bowls got thrown away anyway.

Tang seemed in good spirits today even thought we had limited cuddle time while I was putting on my shoes. He is such a good boy. I asked him the other day how he’d feel about bringing another feline companion into our family. He seemed amenable to the idea. But he’s always been very sweet. I’m not trying to replace Theresa – not that I could or ever try. I just hate the idea of him being so lonely all day. Just something for us to ponder for a while. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Didn't get in til 6:45. Very angry with TARC right now; will elaborate later. Tang is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your access to the processing host is already proving to be useful to you, and hope it helps keep some of the stress levels manageable. Please let us know how things are going for you.

I'm so smiling at your precious Tang. He knows you love him and knows he is so blessed to have you for his Forever Dad, and I know you feel blessed to have him for your precious companion. I'm also glad you were able to see most of the community waifs yesterday morning on your way to your bus. I'm glad they are doing well with access to a cool storm drain and your devoted care.

As mentioned yesterday I have a luncheon date with my brother and sister in law this afternoon, so will not be back online later today after I get home. This will be the major activity of the day for me. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle this morning, and he is now settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I'm sorry your travels home yesterday evening were obviously difficult. I hope you're able to get the situation resolved in your contacts with TARC. As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm (with heat advisory later) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I meant to acknowledge your luncheon with your brother and his wife but forgot (sorry) I hope you have a nice time. I’m sure you will be glad to get back to your precious boy.

Work is a little less hectic today (so far – knock wood) The reason I was upset with TARC (and late) was not just the driver was 7 minutes late, but that she lost over 20 more minutes driving at a snail’s pace because she was running her mouth nonstop. Then I overhead her tell a passenger that when she runs late, she doesn’t try to make up her time. Just the opposite in order to get OT. The rep at the call center was rude and combative too. I emailed several members of upper management at TARC and even got a response from the director. Not that I’m holding my breath anything will be done about it.

Yes, I am blessed to have my Lt. Tang in my life. He was in pretty good spirits this morning getting pets on the bed while I got ready for work. I saw most of my waifs this morning both feeding and going to my bus stop. It’s kind of a good feeling that they seem to be waiting on me each morning and acknowledge me happy.gif I’ll update how Tang is doing when I get home.

Half my day down, half to go. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe an sound at 6:44 dry.gif There was a different driver and a supervisor along. Obviously didn't help. I give up. Tang greeted me at the door and happily gobbled up a his supper from a freshly opened can wub.gif He seems well and in good spirits.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So sorry that your travels Wednesday evening were aggravating, topped off by rudeness from the call center rep. It is very frustrating not getting the resolution to an obvious problem - - improper and inappropriate driver attitudes. Please let us know how things go.

Always glad to share your news that your precious Tang is doing well, and that you continue to see some representatives of the community waifs when you provision, as well as in your travels to and from the bus stop. I can imagine the good feeling it brings to your spirits to see them. Like your precious Tang, the community waifs also learn your "schedule" and it doesn't surprise me that there are some of them who make a point of being out and about to cheer you on your way.

The lunch yesterday was a nice one. We met at a restaurant close to the lake. Enjoyed a nice meal and good conversation. As always was glad to get back home to my precious Noah. Shortly after getting home, the volunteer who takes the trash can to the street for me and gets the mail from the mailbox was here - - so it was busy for awhile even after getting home. Was glad when the evening came when Noah and I could finally be together without any additional interruptions. We had a nice snuggle this morning before starting the day. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

So glad your day yesterday was not quite so hectic. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot, hazy and humid TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I’m glad to hear your luncheon was enjoyable. Sorry to hear you had to attend to the duties with your helper and weren’t able to spend time with you precious boy right away.

Tang was in good spirits this morning as I went about my routine getting ready for work this morning. I saw all the waifs except Tux Sr and Other Tux. I hope they are OK. I especially hope Other Tux hasn’t fallen prey to that lunatic again unsure.gif

As I posted yesterday, TARC obviously did something about my complaint (the driver anyway) but it still didn’t help. We lost just as much time as the day before (sigh) I can hope today will be better, but I seriously doubt it will be. I will let you know that and how Tang’s doing when I get home.

Work has been a joy (sarcasm) with all the merchants who had their terminals deactivated forcing them to call in for downloads to meet compliance. That’s where my higher access came in handy again. Sometimes the reactivate doesn’t feed the host system and I could just force it directly from there. It’s so nice to stay out of that quagmire that is group chat.

I am looking forward to not just the end of this day, but the end of this week. I’m exhausted. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound (dripping with sweat) at 6:55. I would have been home 10 minutes earlier if I hadn't been stupid enough to wait on a UPS bus after Dollar Tree run that never came. My main bus home was 5 minutes late but lost no additional time. I like this regular Friday driver - she hauls. Tang happily greeted me at the door as usual wub.gif Gobbled up all his supper and gave me leg nuzzles as I logged on here. He seems to be doing well.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I can empathize with you about your tribulations with public transportation from my own experiences in my much younger years, but driving a personal vehicle also has its own set of problems. I think the ONLY creatures that have the "transportation" problem solved are the birds as they can soar above the "masses" to get to where they want / need to go without enduring "traffic jams" and other forms of difficulties. The good news is that you arrived home yesterday evening safe and sound to your precious boy.

It sounds like having access to the processing host is helping to reduce some of the stress levels for you. I'm so glad for this, my friend.

Today has been busy on the big desk top scheduling online bill payments and printing off statements, receipts, etc., while my precious boy slumbered on his bathroom window perch. We did have an after breakfast snuggle before he decided to get up on his window perch. The last of my Amazon order was delivered yesterday by the Postal Service so I needed to make a trek to the mailbox to get it. The big desk top is going through its security scan and will be able to shut that down soon. Now that my financial chores are done for a little bit I can now focus on getting my precious Noah his lunch, which he is eagerly anticipating.

I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly this morning so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy the majority of this day together, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you've had fairly productive day.

I hear you on public transit and driving both being fraught with pitfalls. Being the sci-fi geek I am, I have often wished for a personal teleporter/wormhole generator to get from point A to point B wink.gif

I awoke to my alarm at 5:30 and proceeded with starting my laundry. I didn't quite have the room to myself as someone had all but 2 of the driers going (including my favorite 2) But at least I got my favorite washers and the 2 driers I had to use were in good working order.

I then proceeded to provision the waifs and ran into a little snag. Some creep was loitering on a bench on the jogging path by the 2nd feeding area (at 5:45 AM on a Saturday? Up to some sort of no good no doubt) So I had to bring my half full container of food back with me while I attended to Tang's needs. I cautiously circled back after that from the other side to see that he'd gone. I'd have hated shorting them. All 3 of my waifs "dive bombed" me on the first round - Tux Jr even followed me halfway to the other feeding station laugh.gif I saw White Cat (still loud and proud) and Little Gray waiting on my 5 minute drier fluff for my work clothes. No Tux Sr or Bobtail though.

Just a simple run to Save a Lot today getting me home a little after 9:00. I then fixed breakfast and of course Tang had to have some of my spam (his favorite believe it or not) He got a few bites of that, and I must say he's getting better at procuring those little bites sans his canines - he's such a clever and adaptable boy wub.gif

After that the intention was to read and watch some TV. However the Sandman had other ideas about that, so an amazingly long nap was in the cards. I must have needed the rest I guess. Tang snuggled with me much of the time. I don't know if I mentioned this, but in addition to his normal routine of laying by my head on the arm of the sofa he also cuddles up next to my chest like Theresa used to. I have to say I have mixed feelings about that sad.gif

After checking the mail and getting my latest Netflix of TV shows, I have given Tang an early supper which he happily gobbled up tongue.gif Getting ready to straighten up here and settle in. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday getting chores and errands done. So glad you were able to get the second colony of waifs provisioned. So glad you saw most of the waifs, and hope you will see Tux Sr and Bobtail again soon - - in good shape.

It doesn't surprise me that your precious boy has "adapted" to the loss of his canines to find a way to enjoy his spam treats. I'm so smiling at his being able to enjoy his treats once again. As for his snuggling with you the way your beloved Theresa did during her earthly journey, it's not uncommon for our surviving companion to adopt some of the actions their housemates used to do. And Tang snuggling with you the way your beloved Theresa used to may be Theresa's way of letting you know she is still close to you - - only through Tang's physical body. It's just a thought that might help you feel more comfortable - - however helpful it may be to you.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. Temps are in the 90's with "feel like" temps already in the 100's. So Noah and I are enjoying staying inside today. My precious boy and I had a nice snuggle this morning. He is now on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Unholy hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. We are strictly inside today too. But even with AC I'm miserable. I don't do extreme heat wacko.gif

Up early to my alarm to feed the waifs and take care of Tang (upper 70s and humid even then) I saw most of the waifs including Bobtail looking no worse for wear. No Tux Sr though. Perhaps he's gone "walk about" in the budding new forest behind the property.

I thought about Tang just trying to comfort me (like petting my head with his tail while I sat in the chair like Tom used to) or Theresa just letting me know she's still with me in spirit. Hard to believe it's not even been 2 months - feels like a lot longer sad.gif Perhaps it's both things....

Due to the above mentioned heat and humidity, it's been a very low energy day. Days like this I don't spend much time on the PC as it's right by the glass door that catches the sun at it's hottest. Tang has had his supper and we are both getting ready to settle in. Back to my prison sentence tomorrow.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish "feels like" 100-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious Tang, and you, are doing well. So glad you were able to see Bobtail yesterday during your provisioning, and hope Tux Sr will make an appearance soon to help put your mind at ease as to how he's doing.

Needed to get more first class stamps as I only have one left from my previous purchase a couple of months ago. I wanted to get the National Parks stamps this time, and needed to check with the local post offices first to see which one had them in stock. There is a "satellite" post office over by the pharmacy and Kroger so I called that one first, only to learn - - as usual - - the CSR did not have any stamps in stock for sale. So I called the main local post office which does have the Parks stamps in stock (and is responsible for keeping the "satellite" office stocked with stamps as well). So I was able to mail the few monthly payments I can't make online and get a set of the Parks stamps. So now I'm set for another couple of months.

The gas gauge in the car was also less than a quarter tank full, so I decided since I was already out to drive to Burnt Chimney - - in the opposite direction from the main local post office - - to get gas in the car. This is the first time since last November 2015 I have needed to get gas in the car - - due to not being able to drive for 3.5 months. All went well until I waited, and waited, and waited at the pump to get my receipt. With no receipt forthcoming, I had to walk from the gas pump into the store to the cashier to ask for a receipt. There was a very nice gentleman who saw me using my walker who opened the door for me both coming into and going out of the store. So glad that chore is done for awhile. Am glad to be back home now to my precious Noah who was glad to see me. He is doing well, and is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

As far as I know I won't need to make anymore errands this week, which is nice since the temps are supposed to be quite hot this week. Am planning a grocery run next week, and have called the Neighbor's volunteer coordinator for assistance. It will probably be a few days before I get a call letting me know who will be helping me.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mercilessly hot and humid (index over 100) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear you had such trouble obtaining the stamps you wanted, but glad to hear you were finally able get them as well as gas in your car. Bet you were glad to finally get home to your little man.

Saw most of my waifs today but still no Tux Sr. It was already 80 out with high humidity at 5:00 AM. Tang was in good spirits if a bit chatty on the grumpy side. I guess he can wake up on the wrong side of the bed too wink.gif I’ll let you know how he’s doing when I get home.

Work is not as hectic as the last 2 Mondays (knock wood) Perhaps most of those application updates are behind us. One can only hope anyway. Just counting down the hours/minutes.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:39 (bus late) but at least I wasn't dripping with sweat as expected due to the rain that cooled things off and was done by the time I got off at my stop. Tang greeted me at the door and seems in a better mood than this morning wub.gif He didn't quite gobble up all his supper, but gave it a good effort. He's resting at my feet as I update here. He seems to be well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your Monday yesterday was not as hectic, which always helps to keep stress levels down. I can imagine that when there are updates to programs this would cause a higher call volume. The customers are blessed to have the value of your experience and expertise to help them get back up and running.

Needed to make a trek to the mailbox this morning as my new order of checks were delivered late yesterday afternoon. Didn't want them sitting in the mailbox until Thursday afternoon when my volunteer comes to help me. It is very hot outside, and was glad to get back inside into the coolness of the air conditioning. When it is warm like this Noah doesn't feel comfortable snuggling for very long, so when I woke up after our early morning nap he was on his bathroom window perch. But we did get some snuggle time this morning.

Not much else happening here at the homestead today. Need to work on some financials before getting Noah his lunch. My precious boy is doing well, which is always a blessing of good news to share with you.

I'm so glad you are seeing some of the community waifs during your provisioning and travels to and from the bus stop, and am always glad to share your news that your precious prince Tang, and you, are doing well, too.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, hot and humid with a chance of rain greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both well. Glad to hear you were able to retrieve your checks from the mail, but sorry you had to endure the heat to do so. I’m sure it did feel good to get back into the AC as you said.

I saw most of the waifs this morning including Tux Sr. He was roused out of the bushes by White Cat meowing quite loudly – I heard long before I saw. I don’t think he/she is talking to me so much as calling “chow time” to the others laugh.gif No Bobtail today though.

Tang was in pretty good spirits this morning and I made about 5-10 minutes while getting ready for work to give him some cuddle time. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Work isn’t too bad today (knock wood) More stragglers calling in for updates. I’ll be glad when that’s all done with. Hard to believe in a little over 2 months it will be a year.

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:16! Bus was 10 minutes early (I'm not telling anyone) and it set me up perfectly to get a connecting UPS bus the rest of the way home. Between that and the sunbeams shining through the clouds like rays from heaven, I'm pretty sure Angels Theresa and Tom had my back tonight wub.gif Tang was a bit surprised (not even quite in the foyer when I walked in) He ate all his supper and has given me many snuggles. He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Soooo glad your travels home yesterday were expedient - - a very welcome change to the late routine. No doubt at all that your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa were looking after you - - as always. Also glad you were finally able to see Tux Sr in your travels / provisioning yesterday. I know seeing him has eased your mind that he's still doing well and a part of the community.

Have been busy working on financials this morning paying a couple of bills online. Placed another order with Amazon most of which should be delivered on Friday. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a very enjoyable snuggle this morning. Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah as well. I hope this finds you both doing well and you’ve been able to complete your tasks in order to spend quality time with your little man.

Saw most of my waifs this morning except Tux Sr and Bobtail; hoping that are faring well. Tang woke me up just prior to my alarm going off (glad his sense of timing has improved) He was in good spirits when I left for work this morning. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home (hopefully on time)

Work’s a bit hectic with more of these inactive terminal/updates coming in. The people that did this to these merchants in the middle of the day should have to take these calls I think dry.gif Just counting down the time until my “sentence” if over.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:23 - Travels home were about like last night except I just missed the UPS bus and had to walk - Tang greeted me at the door this time happy.gif Gobbled up all his supper and is by my feet settling in as I will be soon. He seems well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid T G I F evening greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Just gave a quick read through your post of a couple of days ago, and am glad your precious boy, and you, are doing well. I know you are glad this is F R I D A Y and hope you will be home soon to your precious Tang to enjoy the weekend together.

This will be brief tonight. We had a sneak attack severe storm hit the area late Wednesday afternoon, 7/27, which took out my security system, the signal boosters to both the upstairs and basement living quarters TVs, AND - - my internet. The internet service provider tech rep was here around 4:30 today to diagnose the problem: the lightning strike actually fried the modem and wireless router. He had a router with him but did not have a power cable with it so had to go meet another tech rep on the road to pick up a router with a power cord. The new modem also has a built in wireless router so I am now back up and running. HALLELUJAH!!!!

My precious Noah has had his dinner - - finally - - and I have managed to update the new wireless setting on my Roku box so I can now access my Hulu, Amazon, and Acorn programs. Need to finish chores so that my precious boy and I can settle down. Needless to say it has been very busy here these past two days getting everything tended to.

I hope today has treated you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well (considering) I'm sorry to hear the storms knocked you off the the net, but I'm glad that's all it was. We were worried something might have happened to you unsure.gif LoveMyMickey was worried too and messaged me. Thank you for letting us know you are alright. Glad to hear you got your online TV services working too.

Not much to report here. Just glad another week is over. Got home a little before 7:00 with my Friday evening errands. Tang was at the door as he ever faithfully always is. He's had his supper and is snuggling my legs as I post here. He is in good spirits now that it's "Caturday Eve"

I hope today has been as kind as possible to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I thank you and LoveMyMickey for your concern during my unplanned absence. At whatever time the "something" should happen that I could no longer actively participate here - - and I would be unable to personally notify you, Marc, and our wonderful forum friends - - I have written instructions for someone on my behalf to email Marc to let him know what has happened and request him to share the news with the forum. I promise you to the very best of my ability it would never be my intention to just "disappear" from here.

I'm so glad you were able to get home at a fairly decent hour yesterday evening to your precious Tang considering Fridays are your major errand run after work. I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your little boy can enjoy most of this day together.

Had a couple of pending bills I needed to pay so was able to get those taken care of this morning now that I'm back online. The service tech yesterday disconnected the old hardware but did not unplug the cords from the surge protector, and he left the old wireless router connected to the new modem / wireless router. So I was able to follow the loose cords to the right plugs to disconnect from the surge protector, and called tech assist to make sure that I could indeed unplug the old wireless router from the new one. So now the only hardware on my computer desk is what is actually plugged in and working. I have to be careful with the new modem as the connections are really sensitive to movement that actually moving the modem can disconnect me from the internet. So I guess I will need to be very careful with that.

I really didn't realize how "dependent" I have become on having an internet connection until this event. Every day to some extent I am on the internet, and not having access to it for a little more than two days really was a major inconvenience. I hope it's a very long time before I have another outage like this again.

My precious Noah is a real trooper dealing with all the folks coming and going to get us back to "normal." The only "outstanding" business is having new signal boosters installed for both TVs which will happen in the next couple of weeks, as they are on order. I can get most of my local channels but they have a tendency to pixel and some channels fade in and out of signal reception. So I'm looking forward to getting the new signal boosters installed.

Am planning on just enjoying the rest of the day with my precious boy who is comfortably settled next to me as I'm writing to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes sunny Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. It's good to know you have a contingency plan in place - and we pray you never have to use it. Glad to hear you have made further progress in getting your connections back in place. I think we have all become "dependent" on the internet to some degree.

I woke up literally seconds ahead of my alarm this morning. I got my laundry started but was not able to use both my favorite machines as one had a load in it already. Thankfully all but one of the others was functioning normally and the timing was such that I didn't actually see anybody else in there.

It was then on to provision the waifs of which I saw all 3 on my side of the property (Siamese eventually bringing up the rear) I saw Little Gray on my first pass at the other end and White Cat and Tux Sr while waiting for my clothes to fluff in the drier. Tux Sr was parked by the utility shed by the pool while White Cat stood guard over the food at the bottom of the hill. I sat on the fence and let Tux Sr come to me and eventually down to the food. Remember he was food bullied by Little Gray once: But I let him (and the others) know I had his back, so he gingerly made his way down and began to eat.

Came back in and took care of Tang's needs and had some cuddle time between laundry cycles. Then it was on to Save a Lot with no delays and I was home by 9:00 on the dot. Picked up another tin of lite Spam since it had a coupon on it to share with Tang (his favorite as I said) Putting up groceries and breakfast was out of the way by 10:00 and it's been relaxing and cuddling with Tang the rest of the day. He's just had an early supper from a freshly opened can. He seems well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
LoveMyMickey
First of all, Moon-beam, I am so happy you and Noah are okay, but sorry about the storm damage. I said prayers for you and Noah and I did see your post last night right after you wrote it.

Hi Tracy....Happy Caturday night to you and Lt. Tang. I hope you both are doing well. We had a thunderstorm to come through here this evening. Speaking of storms, we had a terrible scare last Tues. afternoon. I had just gotten home from spending 3 hrs. in the dentist chair in a too cold office. After my ride brought me home I was sitting in my favorite chair in the living room and a big thunder storm came up. All of a sudden there was a loud boom and crash like I have never heard before. I saw a big streak of lightening fire hit the ground a few feet from our house. The electricity went off for just a few seconds. I went all over the house and basement to make sure nothing was on fire.

A few days ago I saw signs of a mouse in our kitchen, can't figure out how he got in. Anyway I ordered a little live bait plastic trap from Amazon. I put one in the basement too. The mouse in the kitchen ate the food and got back out. But I found a little mouse in the trap in the basement this morning. I let him loose out back in the grass.

Blackie is still the only one that comes by to eat. He seems to be doing okay, but not friendly.

i hope you and Tang have a peaceful and cozy evening. I'm always thinking of all our little angels, Tom, Theresa, Mickey, and I have been including our little Annie too. She has been gone since 2001.

Wishing you many butterflies!

God Bless...

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

Hope you and hubby had a good Caturday. Sorry about the storm and brief power out. That is one of the good things about living across from the airport and being on the same grid for me - I rarely have power outages and when I do they are brief.

How kind of you to humanely trap the mice and set them free. They don't mean to be pests. Sorry to hear only Blackie comes around for food and that he is no longer friendly sad.gif I'm thinking something has happened to him like someone being mean. Some of my own formerly friendly waifs are wary of me these days unsure.gif Why are there such hateful people in the world who have nothing better than to be cruel to animals that never did them any harm? But your and hubby's kindness is appreciated by the waifs and it will be remembered kindly.

I hope you, hubby and Blackie had a peaceful evening with Angels Mickey, Annie, Theresa and Tom looking over you. Wishing many butterflies to you as well. TTFN

TT and TT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid almost 90-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your chores / errands done quickly yesterday so that you and your precious Tang could enjoy most of the day together. I know Tux Sr sincerely appreciates your extra protection so that he can have his food in peace. Both your precious Tang and the community waifs are blessed to have your loving care.

Not much happening around the hometead here today. My precious Noah and I had a cuddle this morning after his breakfast, but I woke up for the day to find him settled on his bathroom window perch. I'm looking forward to a quiet day here with my precious boy.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid (is there any other kind) greetings to you and your precious Noah I hope this finds you both doing well.

Woke up to my alarm at 5:30 and proceeded to provision the waifs under he cover of darkness (and hung over residents still inside and not out bothering us) I saw a smattering of my waifs including all 3 of my "regulars" closest to me. But all hung back until the food was delivered and I was walking back up the stairs. Being wary of even me makes me think someone has been especially mean to them mad.gif There is a special place in the Underworld for people like that.

I the came in to take care of Tang's needs and have some more sleep and woke up around 9:00 to have some breakfast - with of course a few bites going to a pitifully begging Tang. The rest of the day has been pretty much a snooze with noting much on TV. Tang has come to cuddle a few times. He's enjoying an early supper right now. Back to "prison" tomorrow (sigh)

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine how disappointing and discouraging it must be for you to see the community waifs leery of you when you have done so much to try to gain their trust through your devoted provisioning and intercession when danger has been imminent. Still they can hear your voice when you calmly talk to them, and they know YOU are not the threat - - even though they elect "caution" for their survival. So I hope you will not take their cautiousness as an insult to you. There is no doubt in my mind that they are so very thankful for all of your devoted care.

It has been a somewhat busy day here at the homestead this morning. Retrieved the mail from the mailbox delivered since last Thursday, and boxed some glassware and other items that have not been used for many a year to take to Goodwill. Have my grocery list ready for tomorrow along with some coupons this time that I got in the mail from Kroger. I used to get coupons from Kroger on a regular basis but that stopped for a couple of years. I hope I will continue to get coupons again as they sure do come in handy - - especially when there aren't any digital coupons available for the items on my list.

My precious Noah is doing well. We had a very nice snuggle this morning after his early morning breakfast. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope all goes well with your travels tomorrow.

A stomach bug kept me home today, but at least I was able to get out and feed the waifs before collapsing on the couch (via the bathroom) I don't take them being wary of me personally. I'd rather they do that than to trust the wrong person to their detriment. Still, it's disheartening. People just don't seem to get the connection between hurting small defenseless animals and moving on to people.

Since I was home feeling like garbage (a little better now after several trips to the bathroom) I took it easy on the couch trying to drink lots of water. History channel is running a marathon of Nostradamus doomsday prophecies which has made for some strange dreams unsure.gif But Tang has stayed by my side for the most part, so it's not so bad. Should feel well enough to go back to work tomorrow - needed to use the PTO or lose it anyway. I have my birthday and election day off burning up my floating holidays.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny scattered storms forecasted humid 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you were not feeling well yesterday and am glad you were able to take the day off to rest. I know having your precious Tang's comforting company helped you to feel better. Hope you're feeling well enough to go to work today.

I found in my volunteer work with my beloved Oslo doing presentations to community groups about the bond between humans and animals, and including the FBI and Scotland Yard personality profiles of a criminal sociopath who begins their cruelty torturing / murdering domestic companions, wildlife, and livestock eventually progressing their activities toward humans that some people understood the material presented and actively began programs to protect animals AS WELL AS their human victims of domestic violence, while others in equally prominent law making positions scoffed at the entire "idea". Even in this supposedly "enlightened age" there are still people who firmly believe that humanity is the be all and end all of living beings on this planet - - and everything else is expendable. The same is being seen in our global legistlatures regarding the need to change human behaviors to try to diminish the direct human influence of detrimental effects on the environment. Thank goodness we have this wonderful forum where we can come to share our hearts with others who truly DO understand the eternal love bond we have with our beloved companions - - both during their earthly journey with us and continuing after their transition from this earthly realm.

Was able to get the grocery errand done. The volunteer was very helpful, and in talking with one another we discovered we had a few things in common. A very nice lady. About a year ago she lost her beloved canine companion, and it's still difficult for her to talk about it. Won't need to make another grocery run until after the Labor Day weekend. As I was getting dressed for the event, my precious Noah hid under the bed concerned that I might be tricking him into another trip to the vet - - even though I tried to reassure him that it was a grocery errand. When I got home he was greeting me as I came down to the basement living quarters on the stair chair. We had a very nice snuggle cuddle this morning after his early morning breakfast.

Once again, my friend, I hope you're feeling better today so that you could go back to work. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm, hazy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Poor little guy scared he was going to the vet. I’m sure he was glad to see you upon your return. How sad to hear about your volunteer’s loss of her canine companion. I hope talking to you (even a little) helped her. You might want to suggest this forum to her. Just a thought.

I have found the same information online about the connection between animal abuse and violent crimes against people. Law enforcement is taking it more seriously than you may think. The FBI (I hear) has been pushing to make it a felony in all 50 states and American territories.

I was feeling better (just barely enough to go to work) this morning. I only saw a few of my waifs this morning and almost stepped on poor Tux Jr from getting so close to me ohmy.gif At least he/she didn’t shy away from me and let me pet him/her for a bit.

Tang was in affectionately good spirits this morning and we had about 30 minutes of cuddle time on the bed before I had to head off to my bus stop. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.
Just counting down the time now until I am “free” from my prison. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:25 (early bus) Tang met me at the door with his usual excitement. He's had his supper and is curled up at my feet as I post. He seems in good spirits and is well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy suffocatingly humid sometimes rainy 70-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

As always it is a blessing to share your news that your precious Tang, and you, are doing okay, and I'm glad you were feeling well enough to go to work yesterday - - although "well enough" may be an overstatement after a GI upset. Hope you are feeling better today.

My precious Noah and I had an enjoyable snuggle this morning after his breakfast before starting the day. Got the trash into the bin for the volunteer to take to the street tomorrow. Fired up my big desk top only to have the screen show all kinds of errors about files missing or corrupted, etc.. Then I noticed I had forgotten to take a back up disk out of Drive A before I turned it off a few days ago, so I removed the disk, turned off the computer for a few seconds, then turned it back on and everything started okay. So I presume having the back up disk still in Drive A when I initially turned on the computer was the culprit for all those nasty error messages.

Thankfully not much else going on here at the homestead today. This afternoon will be a week since the ferocious storm came and caused some "high anxiety" here for awhile. Hopefully sometime next week the antenna service reps will be able to install the new signal boosters to the TVs, but for now I'm glad to be able to have access to the local channels so that I can at least see the weather reports. I do have weatherbug installed on my computer, but I don't have the computer turned on in the evenings, so being able to get the local weather report on the TV is helpful.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid day’s greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Let’s hope no more power/internet killing storms come your way again. I’m sorry to hear you have to wait so long to get your antenna booster and can only get local channels. But, as you say, you can at least keep up with the latest weather reports. Yes, having that disk in the computer was the problem; it can’t boot from that.

The head count for my waifs was disappointingly sparse again this morning; I hope the ones I didn’t see are OK. Tang was in good spirits this morning and came to give my face kisses and nuzzles just before my alarm went off wub.gif He seems to be adjusting to being alone during the day, but there is a lingering sadness in his eyes when he thinks I’m not looking. He tries to put on a brave face for me bless his heart. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Just about 3 hours or so to go before I’m “free” and an hour after that until my bus home (hoping this early streak holds) I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening.

TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 7:03 dry.gif The bus was over 30 minutes late. Tang was waiting for me as I came in the door though - always the best part of even a bad day. He's eaten his supper and curled up at my feet. He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy humid 70-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So sorry your bus home yesterday evening was so late. I can imagine your precious Tang was quite relieved to see you home safe and sound. I can soooooo understand how difficult it is to see those moments of sorrow on your precious Tang's face - - knowing that it is an expression of his grief adjustment to the physical absence of his, and your, beloved Theresa. The good news is that he has you for his Forever Dad who comforts him and loves him.

The mattress on my bed is the original one when I bought the bed 18 years ago. I used to be able to turn the mattress periodically so that it didn't get lumpy. But I can't do that anymore, and it is beginning to get quite worn in the area that is used the most. I can't afford a new mattress at this time, so I have been doing some internet shopping on mattress pads. Have narrowed the field to two I found on Amazon. Hope to be able to order one soon. Otherwise not much else happening around the homestead here today. The volunteer came a few minutes ago to take the trash can to the street and help me get my mail. For some reason he felt compelled to look inside the trash can and questioned me if he really needed to take the can out to the street since it only had one bag of trash in it. With a bit of encouragement he complied with my request to take the bin out to the street. He is a "substitute" volunteer for the one who helps me on a regular basis. She and her husband are on vacation this week.

Thank you for clarifying about the "technical problem" I had with my big desk top yesterday. I'm thankful for your verification that having the back up disk in the drive was indeed the culprit - - instead of perhaps something more sinister lurking in the background like a virus or perhaps a warning that the motherboard is going bad.

My precious Noah is doing well, which is always a blessing of good news to share with you. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another hot and humid day’s greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear about your mattress. I can imagine how uncomfortable that must be especially with your physical issues. I hope the pad you end up choosing works out for you. It seems silly that the volunteer substitute would give you grief about taking out the trash since he had already made the trip. What part of “volunteer” doesn’t he understand? Glad to hear he took it out in the end.

Thanks for the comforting words about Tang’s missing Theresa (as do I) We are coping as best we can with each other for support. I only saw White Cat on my provisioning today and she looked more apprehensive than normal even for her. I hope the others are alright and haven’t come to harm unsure.gif

Tang was in good spirits this morning throughout my morning ritual of getting ready for work and taking care of his needs for the day. Each day he gets more and more hungry for attention in those morning hours. Perhaps it’s the afore mentioned missing his big sister sad.gif I keep looking for signs it’s the right time to seek a new companion for our family, but so far none seem forthcoming. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

Just counting down the time until I am “free” for the day. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:43. Bus was only 15 minutes late. And the driver announcing to another rider that next week when school starts back, he'll be using that as an excuse to be that late every night did not improve my mood dry.gif Enjoy the stolen overtime, jerk. Tang was at the door to greet me though which always lifts my spirits wub.gif He gobbled up his supper and is settling in as I am about to do. We are both well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy humid 70-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry the majority of your bus drivers aren't respectful of their responsiblity to provide reliable transportation - - which includes being on time with the scheduled routes as best as possible - - with reasonable allowances for the truly unforeseen issues that impede traffic / safety / mechanical operation, etc.. I truly do understand your frustrations, my friend.

Thank you for your support and encouragement regarding the "substitute" volunteer assisting me this week. I will be glad when my "regular" volunteer gets back from vacation.

Received an e-mail from my internet service provider that there had been a change made to my account. So I called my ISP to find out what the change was. My account now shows the new modem / router and that I will be billed $8 a month for a rental fee. I could purchase it outright for $80 but the CSR I spoke with told me that going with the rental would idealistically provide prompt service should I need it at some point in the future. Purchasing the unit would only give me a year's warranty. Renting the unit I don't have to worry about that. So we'll see how it goes.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a very nice snuggle this morning, and he joined me in the bathroom while I took my shower. He is curled up on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I know you are already counting the hours and minutes to when this day ends so that you can be on your way home to your precious Tang for the weekend. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm with some haze TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear about the extra charge for the modem. That’s the latest “scare” tactic from cable/ISP providers. If you buy the modem or get your own, we won’t give you prompt service. I hope the new unit is working out well for you in any case.

This morning I only saw Siamese (looking about as scared as White Cat did yesterday) and a Tux that was too big to be Jr – so it was either Sr or Other. Something is up with the waifs and I am determined to get to the bottom of it and stop it (if I can) Why can’t people just leave them alone? Like the rescue/TNR mantra says: You don’t have to help them, but please don’t hurt them. At least the food is being eaten and I have not seen any raccoons or possums since they replanted the forest behind the property. So the waifs must be the ones eating it.

Tang at least was in his usual good spirits this morning as I got ready for work. We only had a brief time for cuddles but it was nice just the same. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

As you say, just counting down the time until I’m free of this place. I hope the bus is reasonably on time tonight. Friday never has a regular driver – pot luck if you will – so anything is possible I suppose.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 7:03 - not too bad for a Friday with the bus being 15 minutes late. Tang was at the door with chatty greetings wub.gif He's eaten his supper and keeping me company as I post this. He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine how concerned you are for what is happening with the community waifs. I know you're doing everything you can to help them be safe and well cared for. Look forward to sharing with you whatever is happening if you're able to find out what it is.

Been busy on the big computer this morning ordering a few things from both WalMart and Amazon, and paying a couple of bills as well. My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast and after he finally roused from the blankets he joined me at the big desk top to keep me company while I worked. It is now going through its security scan and will be ready to shut down when that's done.

So glad you were able to get home yesterday evening at a fairly decent time being Friday and errands. I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy most of this day together. After all - - that's what weekends are for.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Thank your for your kind support in my ongoing efforts to help the community waifs. This morning was still pretty thin in that area. I saw only Siamese, White Cat and Little Gray. I actually heard White Cat before I saw her. Almost as if like Lassie she is trying to tell me something about the others unsure.gif I'm praying they are OK and hopefully the heat hasn't ultimately gotten to them. Taking my laundry down to the laundry room I saw a new little orange tabby slinking around the stairs. I saw him again a little while ago coming from getting my mail huddled in the first feeding area, but he ran away. I can only do so much for them and appeal daily to angels Theresa and Tom to look out for them - even if it costs me a little of their protection.

The laundry room was empty start to finish which I can't remember that ever happening since staring to do my laundry on Saturdays. Not complaining though. Errands were more time consuming though. Since I had books due with no extensions and holds about about to be put back, I had to go to the library. I got a haircut and hit Kroger in the mix. My bus up there was 15 minutes late (here again, the driver was laughing/bragging about it) This threw me off 30 minutes and I ended up getting home 30 minutes later than I would have (11:30 instead if 11:00)

On the way back from my bus stop a black and yellow spotted bug kept lighting on my hand even though instinctively I kept brushing it away. Since it kept trying I thought it might be Theresa or Tom trying to talk to me. They stepped their game up the rest of the way as I was treated to multitudes of butterflies happy.gif

The rest of the day has been spent relaxing with Lt. Tang who has been a cuddly delight wub.gif He's had his supper and is curled up at my feet as I post this. We are both getting ready to settle in for the evening. He seems well and in good spirits.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I just now made a post to you and lost it. Anyway I hope you and Lt. Tang are doing well. We are ok here. Pay attention to the bugs and butterflies because they may be your little angels in disguise. I have always felt bad about a big pretty dragonfly that lit on me shortly after Mickey passed. I shooed him away. I guess I was more into butterflies. I don't see many butterflies this year, just a little white one almost every day when the weather is nice.

Blackie still comes by to eat and Socks shows up sometimes, still looks skinny. The white cat came by after breakfast this morning. He just sniffed everything and left. There was food out there. He is so skinny too.

I haven't caught any more mice. The one that comes out at night in the kitchen outsmarts the trap. I don't see how he can get under the little door. One night I put a big cookie in it and it was gone the next morning. He either took it with him or ate it. The trap hasn't been bothered since. unsure.gif Maybe he ate too much. blink.gif

There is a Blue Jay that eats some dry cat food on the carport. He sure is loud. Hubby calls him Henry like the old Henry J cars. biggrin.gif

Have a cozy and safe night with your baby boy Tang. I always think of our little angels, Sir Tom. Princess Theresa, Mickey Baby, and little Annie.......God Bless........TTFN
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM.

I hope you folks had a good Caturday evening. I hear you about the bugs. That's why I stopped and thought about it. Glad to hear Blackie comes around for food - and Socks too though sorry to hear he's still looking so skinny sad.gif

Sounds like your house has become a real life Mouse Hunt. Hopefully the little guy has decided to move on as that would be best for him and you. Interesting about the Blue Jay. The fact that he feels safe enough to get that close to eat the dry food is a testament to both you and hubby. Birds are more naturally cautious of humans than just about any other wildlife.

I hope you, hubby and all the waifs are doing well under the watchful care of Mickey, Annie, Theresa and Tom. TTFN.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid (supposed to be sunny) 80-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precoius Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Now that your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa are no longer restricted to their physical bodies, they don't have to make any choices as to where they are - - they can be watching over the homeless waifs AND you and little Tang all at the same time. I'm so glad you had "visits" yesterday on your way home with the bugs and butterflies - - it is obvious your beloved companions were letting you know they were with you.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. I guess the effects of the storms through the region have finally caught up with the internet service provider as there were technical issues with many customers' emails - - including mine - - that the techs were trying to locate and fix yesterday. There are still glitches in the system today but I can at least send and receive email - - even though it's still a bit on the sketchy side technology wise.

My precious Noah is doing well. We had a bit of a snuggle this morning after his lunch until he decided he would be more comfortable on his bathroom window perch where I found him when I got up. But we had a nice snuggle a couple of hours ago. He has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know mine is almost ready.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny with some clouds, warm but not as humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear you are experiencing more hiccups with your internet in regard to your email. I hope it's up to full capacity soon. Did you get your antenna booster or is that yet to come?

Going to bed early last night had me waking on my own around 4:45. So I decided to get an early start on the day. I went to provision the waifs and sadly none of my regulars were at the closest feeding area. At the further one, however, I saw Bobtail, White Cat, and Little Gray. Bobtail let me pet him but did not really acknowledge me or return the affection. He was also being a bit more piggy with the food in regard to the others than usual (So I went and got more, but he hogged that too - I hope the others got some) So, just another sign that something or someone is messing with them mad.gif Angels Theresa and Tom have their work cut out for them.

Speaking of them, I took a walk this afternoon since the humidity was low. I was provided with many butterflies along the jogging path as well as the back field - it was an attempt to see if I could find any errant waifs, but to no avail. The nice weather this morning also allowed me to let Tang have some balcony time.

The rest of the day has just been me an Tang, a modest breakfast (yes, Tang got a few bites of my spam) and vegging out on the sofa to recharge. Tang came and went providing cuddles and kisses when he was there wub.gif

Back to the salt mines tomorrow (sigh) I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy very humid 60-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry you didn't see any community waifs on your walk yesterday. I know how concerned you are for their safety and well being. I'm keeping them in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, and that you will see at least the "regulars" soon. Please let us know how they're doing.

Took a walk to the mailbox this morning to get the mail delivered since last Thursday. Have a couple more bills to mail when I make my errand run this week. And got the box in the car that I'm sending to my sister with the tea service to take to the UPS store in my travels. So that project will finally be done. So it has been a busy morning here at the homestead.

My precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle after his breakfast, and he has been keeping me company witih all the "doings" so far today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm and surprisingly pleasant (low humidity) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you have had a busy day indeed. Hopefully you will now have plenty of quality time now with your little man.

This morning I saw Tux Jr and Siamese at the first feeding area and White Cat and Little Gray at the other. They seemed a tad less stressed and Tux Jr was positively social – good signs. I guess Angels Theresa and Tom were looking out for them.

Speaking of which, we are having an incredibly good weather day for this time of year. And just today too. Tomorrow the heat and humidity/possible storms return per the forecast. I can’t help but thinking my angels had a paw in this. I can especially hear Theresa saying “I know it’s only one day daddy, but it’s all they would let us give you” wub.gif

Tang was in fairly good spirits this morning as I readied myself for work. I’ll update how he’s doing when I get home.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:32 (bus was only a few minutes late) Tang heartily greeted me at the door - always the best part of the day happy.gif He gobbled up all his supper and is curled up at my feet. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy oppressively humid 60-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you saw some of the community waifs out and about yesterday during your provisioning and travels. I know you always look for Tux Sr and hope you will see him again with the others. Please let us know how the waifs are doing.

For some reason I couldn't get settled this morning after getting Noah his breakfast, and tried not to disturb my precious boy in getting up early. But he joined me in the bathroom to keep me company as I did my usual routines. The early rise was beneficial as I was able to get my errands to the post office and UPS Store done quickly and was back home around 9:30 a.m. My precious boy has been keeping close company as I have been working on my lap top. Nothing else on the agenda for today. Looking forward to settling in with my precious Noah for a snuggle before it's time to get him his lunch.

My friend, it's always a blessing sharing your news as to how your precious Tang, and you, are doing. I am so happy your precious boy is doing well. I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.