Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Actually I have a tube of that stuff; Kroger brand. And it helps some, but it's more of an injury to the joints than muscle. I smacked it hard on the ice years ago and had to have the bursa sack drained (the joint lubricant, basically) and had to have it drained; it never regenerates sad.gif So, from time to time, I just have to tough it through the pain when I bang it, or bend it the wrong way, etc.

Thanks for the hope and prayers. I'll let you all know how it's going. Hope Blackie is well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
"OUCH" Tracy, that sounds painful. Mine is mostly arthritis and this spring everything hurts worse, must be the changeable weather.

Anyway, I hope you feel better.....Have a good night with your furbabies....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Thursday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I know you are at work - - HIP HIP HOORAY!!! - - and hope this first day is being kind to you. I am looking forward to knowing how your day went. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang must have been confused, if not downcast, when you left for work this morning. I know they are eagerly anticipating your return home.

I'm so glad your cabbie friend will offer you a discount for your Sunday travels. I am so glad you have him to depend on.

My dental check up went okay, and afterward as planned went to Goodwill to drop off the items. One of the CSR's helped me get the TV out of the car which was very much appreciated. Then I went into town to get gas in the car. It's been 2 months since I had to do that. The last time I had to get gas in the car was the last week I worked in the venomous snake pit. I can't believe it has only been 2 months now since I left the pit. I don't miss it at all!! I feel like I have been given a full pardon. I am so thankful that I am able to have this time at home with my precious Noah.

I hope your knee is not being too painful for you today, Tracy, and that you will find your heating pad. Oh how well I know the
"now where did I put that . . . " syndrome.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hi Tracy, I hope your day went well and that your knee is doing a bit better. I am sure your fur kids missed you, but they will adjust to your new schedule in time. I hope your neighbors have been quiet and staying out of your way. Mindy and Shelley are fine, although Mindy worries me a bit. She is much less active than Shelley and seems a bit depressed. Shelley wants to play all the time. She loves chasing after toy balls and just can't get enough. Mindy has been so good to Shelley. Last night she wrapped her front paws around Shelley's neck in a loving hug and "washed" her head and ears profusely.
Tom's Dad
Thank you ladies SO much!

I'm being brief tonight as I only just got home a 1/2 hour ago and am bushed. (both buses coming home were late) The knee still hurts unless I keep it straight standing ot lying down. Which made sitting on the buses and work SO much fun, not sad.gif Today and tomorrow I will shadow a rep on the phone and training starts next week. Theresa and Tang both dutifully greeted me at the door, and I have given them their can food. Only a few more hours before having to go to bed and start it all over again tomorrow - gone on average 13 hours per work day - whew! Hope all of you and yours are well. TTFN

TTT

PS: More later, I promise - just sooooooo tired.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Friday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I am not surprised at all that you were exhausted yesterday evening when you finally got home, my friend. It's going to take you a few days to get reacclimated to the work routine. I am so glad you just have today to get through, and then tomorrow off, before you have to go back for Sunday, and for this Sunday I'm very glad your travels to work will be via your cabbie friend, although I am sorry for the expense even at a discount. At least you will be able to stretch your leg out on the seat for the trip to work. I am so sorry your knee is so uncomfortable, downright painful, for you, my friend. I hope you will be able to find your heating pad so that you can have some comfort from it.

So, my friend, from yesterday's and today's "shadowing" what are your impressions of your new job? I hope it will provide you with job satisfaction, my friend, along with providing you and your fur family financial stability and security.

Not much going on here today after yesterday's excursions. I think Noah is upstairs at the moment checking out the woodland residents on the road side of the house from the front windows. He also likes to go up there for some "private time". He is so precious.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope your work day wasn't too bad, but I know you are exhausted. I know little Theresa and Tang will be glad to see you when you get home.

I want to share this with you. A big business lawyer got scammed here in town, happened last year. It sounded like the same kind of deal you were offered a few months ago. Anyway the bank is suing the lawyer for the amount that was overdrawn in his account which was several hundred thousand. The bank got a call from a foreign sounding man saying it was a scam that he was a part of but backed out. But by then it was too late. This story was in today's State Journal......So Tracy, you were smart not to fall for the deal you got.

I hope you have a peaceful and cozy night with your furbabies and a happy Caturday tomorrow.....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and LoveMyMickey (thanks for the heads up on the scam)

Today was about the same. From the shadowing, I think I can do the job, my biggest concern is how to access all the databases, knowlegde bases, and work order and ticket sytems. Today I was allowed to "drive" after lunch (at the keyboard while the rep told me what to do as she talked to the customers) She said I did very well, but to tell the truth (as I told her) I've just gotten very good at doing what I'm told. I do not have to work this Sunday as we will have M-F classroom training next week. The supervisor said since I was only able to shadow for 2 days, there would probably be more of that. So, not sure when the Sundays will begin. But the rep I sat with and a few others asked what part of town I lived in. Who knows, I may at least be able to get someone to take me to the bus stop after work rather than have to walk that 1.3 miles on Sundays.

The ride home was about the same. The first bus was on time, but the traffic on I64 makes it impossibe to keep to the schedule of getting downtown in 23 minutes. More like 30 plus. But that leaves me taking the 6:15 bus that gets me closer to homs. The bonus of that bus is it's done at the end of the line and goes back to the garage. Last night and tonight the drivers let me ride down to the light before the highway, so no 10 minute walk home. Depending on the driver, just have to play that by ear. But it sure helped with my knee. Which still hurts, but I discovered not as much when I don't wear the brace (go figure) I did find my heating pad on one of the dining table chairs, so that's been a help. Theresa and Tang greeted me happily again tonight. I think they are adjusting. Not much else going on. I hope you both as well as Noah and Blackie are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you found your heating pad and that it is helping you with the pain. Braces can induce / increase swelling even though they also provide stability. I have the same problem with my ankle, and I have had to learn to do without using a brace because it makes the swelling much worse which puts pressure on the damaged nerve which causes other problems which brings to mind Murphy's Law "nothing is ever as simple as it seems". I hope you will be able to rest your knee this weekend, my friend.

I'm glad you won't have to begin the Sunday routine right away, and I'm hoping that by the time it does that your schedule will have been adjusted to accommodate your transportation. I know you will be able to pick up the procedures on how to access all the databases, knowlegde bases, and work order and ticket sytems. It will just take time to get used to everything. Please let us know how the training goes next week.

Yesterday I read that I'll Have Another has suffered a tendon injury and will not be racing today - - or ever again as he has been permanently retired. I'm sorry for the horse and I wish him a speedy and uneventful recovery. Will have to wait another year to see if there is another serious contender for Affirmed's Triple Crown record.

Noah is doing well. He is upstairs enjoying some "private time" in the master bedroom, which is the first room to the right at the top of the basement stairs. He and Abbygayle used to like to go upstairs to the master bedroom together. Occasionally he still feels the need to spend time there alone. Anyone who tries to tell me that our companions have no "memories" is totally clueless.
Today I will be joining my brother and sister-in-law for lunch, so Noah will have the house to himself for a little while. I need to make a stop at the special trash bins on my way to meeting them to drop off my collection of items.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, I was sorry to read about I'll Have Another in the paper (when I get the paper, but that's another story) I'm often horrified to learn the conditions in which race horses are kept sad.gif Yes, our animal companions DO have memories of furry companions that have passed. I often find Theresa in spots that were exclusively Tom. I once thought she was saying "finaally, mine!" But I think what you are saying makes more sense.

I hope you have a pleasant day spending time with your family. The knee still hurts but is better; especially w/o the brace. Just have to be more careful how I walk. The job is a lot to take in, but that's how it was when I joined NPC (later Bank of America) I was on a desk that received no formal training, pre se'. I just shadowed and had a couple days to go over the systems. After a few months I picked it up. In fact, I belive my record of the only person from that desk to make team lead still holds today. So, I hope I will have a similar experience (well, perhaps even better) with Insight. Hope you and Noah have a great Caturday. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hi Tracy, happy Saturday to you, Tang, and Teresa! I hope you'll have a nice day with your fur kids, and hopefully your neighbors will keep quiet. So glad that things are looking up for you, and hope you'll pick things up real quick in the new job! Congrats! smile.gif
I too am bummed that "I'll Have Another" won't race today. He COULD have won. But I'm glad that the owner cares about the horse, some others may have raced him regardless.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

Things have been pretty quiet here lately. The little trailer (that I suspect stored the equipment) is gone, for the moment. I too hope I can pick things up on the job. It's an adjustment, but even with inconvenience of the travel distance, it's nice to be working again. Hope you and your girls are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Perhaps your precious furkids are enjoying balcony time now that you have your laundry done.

So you are once again having newspaper delivery struggles. That is soooo aggravating. I hope you are keeping the newspaper folks informed of the ones you don't receive so that you get a credit on your charges.

Sounds like things have quieted down a bit with outdoor activities for now with your neighbors. I hope it stays this way.

The lunch with my brother and sister-in-law was pleasant yesterday. We checked out a re-opening of a restaurant on a cove close to Smith Mountain Lake. The former owners refused to pay taxes, so the IRS closed it down and sold the property. It was closed for 2, maybe 3, years. The new facility opened a couple of months ago. The setting is still pleasant overlooking the cove, but the food is not up to the same standard from the previous owners which is kind of sad. But the company was nice. I am happy to share that my nephew has FINALLY received a full tenure professorship position with the Idaho University. He begins his new PERMANENT job this fall. I am sooooo happy for him. He worked so hard getting his degrees to teach at the university level, and all these years since graduation he has been interviewing at various colleges only to be passed over for other candidates. The only way he has been supporting himself is through guest professorships at various universities. Wherever he has worked he has always earned the respect of his students and colleagues. I am soooo thrilled he has FINALLY achieved receiving a full tenure professorship position.

I did watch the Belmont yesterday and am thrilled that Union Rags won. I am soooo happy for the owner and Michael Matz. It was also nice seeing I'll Have Another there at the track and the tribute paid him by allowing him to parade in the paddock area and have some time with his fans in the winner's circle before the race.

Not much going on here today. Have the big door open to enjoy the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I hope your knee is feeling better, and that your travels to work tomorrow will be pain free and uneventful. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I called the "so called" distribution manager but got a VM that he was out of town and gave another number. I called that guy and left a VM, but got no reply (big surprise) So, I sent another irate email to the CS dept. We'll see how that works out. Yes, I call the 800 number each time and get credit for the missing papers.

I'm glad you had a nice time with your family, too bad the food was not up to the standards you remember; I can imagine that's disappointing. I'm happy to hear that your nephew has received such good career news.

I may have spoken too soon on the neighbors. I thought I heard a noise and poked my head out the sliding doors in their direction and made eye contact with them on their porch for just a second. Not 10 minutes later (in almost 90 degree heat) BAM! Now I am SO sure they do it just to upset me. How sad that they would risk overexertion in the heat just to upset a neighbor. The office is no longer open on the weekends; guess I should have grabbed that extra AC filter after all last time. They go thru personnel like tissue paper in that office. Leads me to believe that I was right about the manager's "sweetness" just being an act.

I've discovered lately that Theresa is even more picky about can food. I knew she would not eat shredded or diced, only pate. I also knew she only liked seafood, no beef, turkey or chicken. Now apparently salmon is out too. So, last trip to the store I picked up a bunch of white fish pate ONLY. Tang will eat anything, so he's no worry. My girl is getting very finicky in her senior years (sigh) Not much else going on here. Knee is still stiff and sore, but better; especially w/o the brace. Still envious of your wider range of wild life and hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I'm sorry you're still having noise problems with those neighbors. I hope you can get the newspaper thing straightened out. Sometimes it's the small things that will drive a person nutty.

Blackie likes the white fish pate the best also, Friskies brand. He eats some fish flavored dry too. He is getting aggravated with the raccoon that comes by at night to eat. Sometimes they will bristle up at each other, The other night they bristled and the raccoon turned around and started eating. Blackie reached over and smacked him on the butt. I don't think he felt it because of all that fur. After a day of rambling, Blackie comes back here and he is so tired and sleepy. He is taking a nap right now.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cozy evening and I hope your work week treats you well....You and furbabies are in my thoughts and prayers....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Near as I can tell, it's quiet tonight. More proof, I think, that they do it just to upset me. Yes, I bought the Friskies brand and will continue to do so. Chuckling at Blackie and the racoon. A True odd couple. Glad to hear he's doing OK. Hope you have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Looks like no posts tonight. So, I guess I will make my own.

First day of classroom training, not to bad but dry. Mostly overview. Tomorrow we will start getting in the actual call systems. I lucked out with a ride home from another person in my class because she was going my way. She also offerd to take me to work Sundays for 10.00 which is quite reasonable. I'll have to keep that in mind.

When I got home, Theresa and Tang were at the ready. Well, only Tang at the door. I guess Theresa is already adjusting wink.gif But Tang is and always has been my door greeter. Gave them their can food and am cleaning up. Not much else to post right now. I hope everybody has a great evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hi Tracy, glad to hear your day went well and that you got a ride home. Hopefully you can take Tang to the vet pretty soon. How did things work out with the Care credit application? It's nice to have someone greet you at the door, that's for sure. Tina used to be my door greeter. Now Shelley comes down the stairs sometimes, but only when I call for her. Hope you have a nice, relaxing evening!
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

The care credit was declined as expected sad.gif So, I'm just going to have to do my best to cut corners and save up. It's actually time for both to have their regular check ups which I've had to put off for a bit. Theresa is always in fairly good health. Tang's ear is looking, well not "better" really, but in a way it is compared to the past. I can't see the mass as as easily as I once did and he's fussing with it less. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed for time to save up (sigh) I hope you and Shelley and Mindy have a great night. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon Tuesday greetings and belated Monday greetings, to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Sorry I didn't have a chance to write yesterday. I spent the day climbing a ladder here in the basement trying to re-set and replace some ceiling tiles that have shifted over the years, and didn't re-set very well when I had to lift them to check out some things. Needless to say I was very tired and didn't have much energy left. I still have a few ceiling tiles to work with but that is definitely for another day. Noah and I are just taking it easy today.

I'm so glad to know that your first day of classroom training went well, and adding my congratulations to DannysMom's that you were able to get a ride home. How nice that one of your co-workers has offered to carpool with you on Sundays. I'm still hoping that your schedule can be adjusted so that you can make your bus connections okay.

Even though you were turned down on your first CareCredit application you can still reapply - - particularly now that you're working again. You may want to wait 90 days, or however long feels comfortable for you, and then reapply. When I first started using PayPal I applied for the PayPal credit card and was denied. Still can't figure that one out. Since I was using money dot cards this really didn't bother me too much. For convenience, though, a couple of months ago I reapplied and was accepted. So, please don't give up on it entirely.

I am so glad that your little Tang's ear is holding its own. I hope you will be able to get your precious furkids their checkups soon. I know getting this done will take a lot of concern off your mind.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I hope your knee is feeling better, and that your travels to work tomorrow will be pain free and uneventful. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was worried about you. I hope you are none the worse for wear after all that work. I really doubt It would do any good to re-apply for a Care Credit or any other for that matter with my terrible credit. I guess I can thank the struggles of the last 2 years for a big part of that (sigh)

Training today was OK, but we are starting to run behind. It's a good thing Friday was not actually on the schedule, because we will need it. It might even spill over to next week, who knows. Both the kids met me at the door today and were especially vocal about can food and attention. My goodness they were not this excited when I got home from the first day last Thursday!

I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Wednesday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. It is always a blessing loggin in to share your news. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you so much for your understanding and concern when I didn't write Monday evening. My hands and arms were so tired and achy from lifting the tiles and struggling to get some of them back in place. They just needed a good night's rest.

Sounds like your training is quite involved - - I imagine it would be particularly since you are training on the commercial side of service. I imagine the tech folks want all the most possible fix it scenarios investigated before having to make an on-site visit. Are you continuing to "shadow" real-time calls still or are you being able to participate in classroom "scenario" calls? How do you feel about the training so far in terms of how you feel about the job, doing the job, etc.?

Sounds like your precious furkids are beginning to understand that daddy has a new schedule - - and so do they as the "welcome home committee". What a wonderful greeting that must have been for you yesterday finding both your precious Theresa and little Tang eagerly anticipating your arrival home.

Not much going on here today so far. I imagine I'll think of some mischief to get into before the day is out, and my precious Noah will be watching me shaking his head thinking, "oh no - - here we go again, mom!!"

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I do hope you are feeling better. This week is classroom only. My understanding is I will shadow some more next week - just not sure how many days. Until they think I'm ready I guess. The good news is that I no longer have to work Sundays. The woman who offered the ride on Sundays (even though she didn't work) is not with us anymore. Apparently one should be truthfull about why one was let go from the Residential side. It's sad, but I can't believe she thought they wouldn't check. But I now have those hours. 8-5 M-T-Th-F and 8:30-5 Sat. Off Wed/Sun. Saturday will still make for a long day (and walking and waiting) but it's doable w/o having to get a cab.

Another savings to look forward to if I can get hired full time is substancial service discounts. That comes to a savings of over 100.00 per month! And I get all the channels. The kids were vocal again tonight. I guess they missed their old dad. But we are settling into the routine not too badly. I hope you and Noah are well. TTTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. So glad to know you had a welcome committee greeting you at the door yesterday evening.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new hours!!! I am sooooo glad this has worked out for you travel-wise, my friend. NOW you can put the funds you were going to have to use for cabbie fare toward Tang's fund -- I hope. I, too, am hoping that you will be able to go permanent full time to have the benefit of even more savings on your service. I just hope the atmosphere in which you will be working will be supportive and positive, my friend. I would be truly sad if it turned out to be similar to LG&E. I am sooooo hoping and praying this job will provide you and your precious fur tribe with both financial stability and a positive work environment.

I thought I would need to make an errand into Rocky Mount today but instead found what I was looking for online and ordered it. Since I will be ditching satellite service in about 6 months I started the process of contacting local electrical contractors to try to find someone who would come to help me with the hook ups to the antenna. I spoke with a gentleman yesterday who is willing to help me - - for a price but within projected reason. I told him about the 16 year old antenna I already have but the problem is it is 16 years old and needs all kinds of additional hardware to work adequately. We discussed getting an antenna that is more suitable for HDTV's. I had already done a preliminary search but put it aside because it was boggling my brain with all the different this and that. This morning I went back online and found an RCA antenna that supposedly can be used either outside or inside and got a LOT of good reviews from people who seem to live in similar terrains as I do. Normally it sells for close to $80 but I got it from Amazon for $40. So I should be getting it sometime next week. I'd like to have it on hand when the gentleman comes so that if I do need an updated antenna I will have one. Will it be the "right" antenna? Your guess is as good as mine right now. This high technology stuff just blows my mind. Anyway it saved me a trip out today and I am grateful for that because I really didn't want to go out today.

Got the monthly checkbook balancing act done this morning which went smoothly. So all in all this morning has been productive. Noah is doing well. He is upstairs at the moment enjoying some quality "private time." Soon it will be time for me to start getting some lunch, and when he hears me rustling in the kitchen I guarantee you he will be back downstairs lickity split.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, that your travels today will be pain free and uneventful, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hi, Tracy! I'm so glad to hear about your new hours. This will work out so much better for you, and I know you had been hoping for a better schedule. It's great that things are really falling into place for you! smile.gif Give Tang and Teresa a pat on the head for me.
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and DannysMom

moon_beam, I hope you will be able to get your TV situation squared away to your best satisfaction.

Yes, this schedule will work much better. Oh, Saturday is going to be a pain - longest walks to and from both bus stops and about a 30 minute wait time on each (away from home about 15 hours total) But, it's only one day, and I can take the bus. Besides, I'm off the next day; as to whether that will remain early morning laundry day remains to be seen. And I have Wednesdays off. Perfect for Drs or vets appointments, or if I need to go to the bank or the office here.

One more day of classroom and shadow next week. I don't know if it will be a full week or what. The kids were again excited to see me as I came through the door (extra pats for both of them DannysMom) Well, time to sign off for now. I hope you all have a great night. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, TGIF greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing getting caught up on your news.

I am sooo sorry for your Caturday work schedule - - 15 hours away from home. Boy do I know how that feels. The good news is that you do have Sundays off to dedicate to your precious fur family. Hopefully as your time with the company continues your schedule will be adjusted again to better accommodate your needs. For now I am very glad you are not having to face a $35 cabbie fare every week.

I know your precious furkids are eagerly anticipating your arrival home this evening, my friend - - eagerly listening for the familiar sounds of your footsteps in the hallway, the click of the key in the lock and then - - the exuberant joy that "daddy's home!!!" I am soo happy for you, my friend.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, that your travels today will be pain free and uneventful, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
TGIF Greetings to you as well, moon_beam

Training week over, and shadowing all next week M-F - Presumably start my schedule after that. The week is ending on a sour note. Even though I put my direct deposit on the web site 06/01 - as of yesterday they were saying they don't have it and a paper check was mailed. Today I was told they have it active as of the 8th - what the heck! The check was not here today and even if I get it tomorrow, my mail does not come until after the bank closes (sigh) I suppose I can try to deposit it in the ATM (assuming that function is working) Because I only paid the Insight by the deadline due to all this, I waited a day too late on my LG&E to pay the past due. A disconnect notice popped out for 06/25. He giveth, He taketh away sad.gif

At least Theresa and Tang were both eagerly at the door when I got home with "YAY, Daddy's home!" I swear there are days and weeks (like this) that they are all that put even half a smile on my face. Lord knows nobody at Kforce was trying very hard to help me mad.gif I'm a little nervous in my ability to do this job with such scant training. I guess I will just have to hope and pray. I hope you and Noah are doing well this evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits. It is always a blessing getting caught up with your news.

I am sooo sorry about your paycheck, Tracy. I have been hoping that when you began getting a paycheck and having it direct deposited that the process would go smoothly for you. I went through a snafu similar to what you are going through with my now ex-employer during a bank consolidation and I do so understand your concern. Yeah, if it's not THEIR paycheck that gets screwed up there is little concern or effort put forth to correct the situation - - without the person persisting. I do hope and pray this will get resolved for you. I hope you are able to get your electric bill paid soon, my friend.

I know when I have started a new job there is always anxiety in the beginning. I am glad you are receiving some basic training, and in time it will begin to make sense to you. I have gone into jobs, including with my ex-employer, where I received NO training -- just told what to do and had to figure it out on my own. Are there any manuals on what your training covered that you can study? I have every confidence that you will do fine, Tracy.

This morning I mowed the front yard - - again. Even though we haven't gotten the heavy rain that was forecasted this week for a couple of days we still got some light evening showers and foggy mist in the morning. So the weeds and green whatever needed another trimming. The job only took a little over an hour to do without any need for a "time out" in the garage or a fuel refill for the mower. That was nice. Noah kept a vigil over me from the front windows as I mowed, and when I came inside he was waiting for me asking me if I was finished, or perhaps more appropriately telling me "it's about time you're done." He is sooooo funny sometimes with his vocal expressions. The rest of the day is will be "free time" to share with my precious Noah.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you will be able to get your paycheck deposited okay even through the ATM. I know getting this done will take a huge concern from your mind so that you and your precious furkids can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Happy Caturday to you too. Well, all things considered it wasn't so bad. Not only did I get my check in the mail, the mail came early for a change. Since I had enough in the bank to cover my Insight with about $20 to spare, and nothing automatic due to come out for a couple weeks, I cashed it at Kroger. They would not give me quarters, but I needed a a couple things at CVS across the way and that nice lady did. Since my DD was suposedly active as of the 8th, I hope the next check is DD. Since I only worked 16 hours last week, I should qualify for one more partial UE (about 100.00) which will help.

I hope you didn't work too hard mowing the lawn. Yes, our feline companions have a lingo all their own laugh.gif Insight does have electronic manuals for pretty much everything we covered, which the trainer said the real point is to make sure we know where to look. But it's not something I can take home with me. Residential gets 2-3 weeks traing (on each skill) nesting, the whole 9 yards. But, as I was told in my interview, business is looking for folks who don't really need all that hand holding. A compliment, I suppose. I hope I can do well.

Not much else to report here. I hope you and Noah enjoy the rest of your Caturday. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hi, Tracy! Happy Cat-urday from me as well! smile.gif I know Tang and Teresa will be happy to have you home tomorrow. I hope that things will work out well for you in the new job. I have every confidence in you that you can do it and pick up things real quick. smile.gif Your trainer is absolutely right by saying that the important thing is knowing where to look for an answer. You can probably pick up some helpful hints from people who have worked there for a while.

My two girls are fine. Shelley enjoys racing around like a maniac when she gets bored. If I don't play with her she'll pick up a toy mouse to chase around. Mindy is much less active and sleeps most of the time.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

My Theresa is the "maniac" player in our home. In the evening after I get home, she will run all around the apartment from window to window, and even chase her own tail in the tub laugh.gif Tang is young enough that he will get in the "chase me" action - it's a true joy to watch. I try to be quiet and unassuming so as not to deter them. Hope you and your kitty clan are well this Caturday - TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday morning greetings to you, your precoius Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I am so glad your check came earlier yesterday than anticipated and that you were able to get your laundry money at CVS. I'm hoping you will be able to get a partial UE check as you were able to do when you started working for the bank last December. I am wondering if there is some way you could print off some of the instructions from the manuals so that you could take them home with you to review - - or if this would be allowed. Every job is a matter of learning the processes by repetition, and I know with your technical background you will be able to renew your confidence levels quickly once you get started.

Not much going on here today. The birds are plenty active this morning, a few are outside the window next to the bed enjoying themselves looking for bugs or padding they can take back to their nests. Noah has his nose pressed to the bottom gate at the big door watching and listening to all the woodland residents. Haven't seen the deer or the rabbit over the last couple of days.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Happy Sunday greetings to you as well. I guess I could print off the manuals. But by that time I'll be well under way on the shadowing. I hope you are right that I'll pick it up. Funny you should mention the brids. I noticed this morning doing laundry, they were particularly vocal here as well. I let the kittles have balcony time and they were both rapt with the avian activity as well.

Not much going on here. Just taking it easy with the fur kids on Father's Day. I hope you and Noah are having a peacful Sunday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stormy afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I hope today is going well for you at work, and that your travels home will be speedy and uneventful.

Today has been a low key one here. I started the shredding job today of all the "stuff" I no longer need from the paper sorting project I did. That is going to be a chore to wade through but it will get done for as long as the shredder holds out. Noah is doing well and is taking his afternoon siesta as I'm writing to you. Not much else happening.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Greetings to you and Noah. Not much going on here. I didn't get to "drive" today during shadowing because we had very high call volume; a weekend storm outage apparently. Perhaps tomorrow. I still don't how they expect us to get all this stuff. We did, however get our ID badges today. So, I can now leave the call center for break, lunch, etc. w/o loitering by the door waiting for someone to come in or out.

Buses synced up nicely for once, and I caught the one home that goes back to the garage at the end, so no walk. Both Theresa and Tang at the ready for love and canned food. Tang's ear continues to 'hold it's own' and requires a lot less cleaning than before. The mass is harder to see. I wonder if it's possible to shrink or remission on it's own. That would be a nice gift. Well, not much else going on. Glad to hear you got some more of your paper shredding done. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. Thank you for the gift of sharing your news with us.

Getting your ID badge is a good indication that you are an "official" contractor / employee. Another step forward in your new job. Hope you're getting a better chance at some "hands on" work today. You learn both by observing and doing, and it's helpful to get your "kinks" worked out and your confidence level up while you have the benefit of your "guide" during the training curve.

I'm so glad your travels home yesterday went well. How is your knee feeling these days? I hope your travels today will be equally safe and uneventful - - and beneficial.

Tried working on the old laptop to erase the hard drive so that I can recycle it safely but have royally screwed up something in the process to the point where now when I go to turn it on it will only go to the Windows "welcome" window and then it won't do anything else - - won't open to the desk top at all. Don't know what I did to have this happen. Last year I knew it was in the process of shortcuiting which is why I bit the bullet and purchased this new lap top whiz gizmo. I was just hoping to get the hard drive erased before it completely died so that I could recycle it. Don't know yet what I'm going to do with now - - or what I CAN do with it now. It's a good thing I didn't make my living as a computer tech because me and my furkids would have starved!!!!

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your old laptop. It sounds like the OS is corrupted. If you have the Windows OS disc it came with you may be able to boot up with it and clear the HD. Just a thought. Today I did get to 'drive' as it was not nearly as busy. I'm getting better but still feel like I have a long way to go. The person I sat with seemed impressed when I anticipated where she wanted me to navigate to. The rest of the week the sup wants me to work 8:00-4:30 which actually works out pretty good. I have to get up a 1/2 earlier, but should get home over an hour earlier. The kittles will like that. Speaking of which, they were both at the door eager for attention. I wonder how long that will last wink.gif

Not much else to post tonight, so I will say I hope you and Noah are well and have a pleasant eveing. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot Wednesday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits, and that your day at work is going well.

I am so happy that your trainer is supportive of you in your training - - this is ALWAYS helpful. And how wonderful that you get to work an 8 to 4:30 schedule today and the rest of this week. I know you will enjoy getting home sooner to your precious furkids, as I know they will be SOOOO HAPPY to have daddy home sooner, too!!!!

Thank you for your suggestion about trying to boot from the OS disk. I did attempt this this morning, but to no avail. I am now at a point where I have discovered how to remove the hard drive and am seriously contemplating wrapping it in a few rags and taking a hammer to the thing - - literally - - and sending the pieces back to Dell along with the intact laptop for them to figure out what to do with it.

I have begun making a grocery list for tomorrow's outing, and hope to get the errands done before it gets too hot as temps are supposed to be in the 90 something range again tomorrow. Noah is doing well and is taking his afternoon siesta as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry you had no luck with your lap top. You had asked before how my knee was, but I didn't answer. It's better, but now the other one is hurting; probably from doing all the work (sigh) Today I got to type and talk and I guess I did OK. There is still much I do not know. The talking part is easy as I have been a team lead, escalation specialist, and worked in my fair share of call centers. Now, if I could get the other part down unsure.gif

The kids were indeed glad to see me an hour earlier and have just finished snarfing up their can food. I hope your travels tomorrow are trouble free and that you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot Thursday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. It is always a pleasure logging in to get caught up on your news.

Sounds like yesterday went pretty good for you, and hope today is going even better. You will pick up on the technical side of things through repetition of doing, Tracy, and this just takes time.

Sorry that your other knee is now feeling poorly, my friend. You're probably right about the "compensation" syndrome. I hope it will not become as painful as your other knee was, though. I hope you have enough room in your work area where you can stretch your leg out now and then which may help.

I finally had to turn on the AC unit to the upstairs when I got home from errands around 11 a.m. - - which means the AC use will be included on the next bill to be paid in July. Ugh. The basement was beginning to feel humid and now that the AC has been running for about 45 minutes it's beginning to feel better. I sort of went over budget today with the groceries by about $20 which could not be helped as I stayed to my list and actually deliberately did not get everything that was on my list today. So I guess $20 is really not too bad to "underestimate". The good news is that the extra $20 is in the bank so lack of funds is not a worry to cover the groceries today.

Noah was very glad to see me when I got home from errands, and I know your precious fur tribe are eagerly anticipating hearing the familiar sound of footsteps in the hall, the click of the key in the lock, and then the exuberant greeting "daddy's home!!" I know how grateful you are to once again have a job, Tracy, and this is indeed a blessing, and I am sooooo very thrilled for you. But as wonderful as it is for you to have employment once again, I know you know that the greatest blessings of all are your precious Theresa and little Tang to come home to.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yeah, it's a bummer when we have to run AC we don't want to for the bills it generates (blech) I'm glad you were able to get your running done and come home to your man kitty Noah.

Today at work was more of the same. I sat with someone else who told the sup I was "coming along nicely" I wish I felt confidence in the praise. Tomorrow is a dress down day with a cook out. I'm going to drag my Hawaiian shirt out of moth balls for the occasion happy.gif Free food is always nice. Speaking of food, it's nice to be home with the kittles who are always grateful for can food and attention. They are, indeed a blessing; the reason I work really. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon Friday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits - - and that today is going well for you at work.

I'm glad you are getting encouragement as you learn the ropes in your new job, my friend. The first three months of any new job for everyone is normally a time of "insecurity", so what you are feeling is very normal. The good news is that the people who are working with you during this learning curve time are being supportive and I hope this will help you as you gain confidence in your new job skills. Please let us know how things go.

Sounds like you're ready to party with your Hawaiian shirt. I hope you will enjoy the free food and perhaps an opportunity to meet and chat with some of your other co-workers. I do hope and pray that the work environment in this new job will be a POSITIVE one for you, my friend.

Much to my surprise the new antenna was delivered about an hour ago - - instead of the anticipated 8 p.m. delivery. It must be because of the forecasted heat and humidity, and potential thunderstorms later on today into this evening. If I were a delivery person I would want to get my travels done early, too.

Guess I need to do a couple of chores before it's time to start lunch for me and my precious Noah. I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Jun 18 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Thank you moon_beam

Buses synced up nicely for once, and I caught the one home that goes back to the garage at the end, so no walk. Both Theresa and Tang at the ready for love and canned food. Tang's ear continues to 'hold it's own' and requires a lot less cleaning than before. The mass is harder to see. I wonder if it's possible to shrink or remission on it's own. That would be a nice gift. ...
TTT

Tracy, that is good news about Tang's ear. Perhaps the mass did shrink on its own. I pray that Tang will get better and that you'll have him with you many more years. He seems like such a sweet cat. Shelley is watching me as I type this. She has placed herself on the desk in front of the monitor. We have some thunderstorms moving through the area this evening, but they should clear soon. Have a great evening! smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam. I'm glad you got your new antenna and hope it works well for you. Thank you DannysMom. I'm praying for Tang too. He seems to be doing better for the most part.

At the end of my shift today, I got set up with email, the main call/ticket system, internal chat, and a few others enough to start taking calls on my own next week. I expressed being nervous to the sup, who said all he's heard is that I'm doing very good. I hope they are right unsure.gif So, this will be my last full weekend off (Sat/Sun) for a while. But I will be off Wed which I guess is nice.

I had a little scare getting logged on here tonight, but the admin was super helpful! Theresa and Tang are well, but wanting attention. So, I'm off to enjoy that for a bit. I hope both of you and Noah, Mindy and Shelley have a great evening. TTFN ~

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday!

I am sooooo happy for you, about your job. It's quite normal to be nervous starting a new job, but I'm sure you'll do fine. That's great news that Tang's ear is looking a little better.

Blackie is still doing well. Yesterday I gave him Liver and Turkey flavor canned food for a change. He really loved it. I think he enjoyed the change.

Tracy, I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have a great afternoon and evening. You all are still in my thoughts and prayers....God Bless!

LoveMyMickey

Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I hope you're right about the job. Time will tell. Glad to hear Blackie is doing well, especially in this heat. He's lucky to have you to put out food and water for him. It's good he enjoyed the change of flavors. I wish I could do that, but Theresa won't even touch anything but Friskies white fish or white fish and tuna pate. Tang, of course will eat anything. Hoping you are well on thios Caturday. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hi, Tracy! Happy Caturday to you and your fur kids! I hope they're both well. I think it's only normal to be nervous at a new job, but I think you will do just fine. It seems to me that you don't have anything to worry about since they're saying you're doing very good. You know we're all rooting for you! smile.gif

I'm off to watching Spain play France in the EURO 2012 soccer championship. It should be an interesting game, and I expect Spain will win. I'm so glad Germany kicked out Greece yesterday and is on to the half finals. Go, Germany! smile.gif

Mindy is still teaching Shelley the intricacies of rough kitty play, but Shelley is a fast learner and managing to hold her on with Mindy.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot Caturday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing logging in to get caught up on your news.

Our L S Administrator is A M A Z I N G for sure. When it comes to technical issues he is A L W A Y S helpful as quickly as he can be. Thank you S O M U C H for all your help, Marc.

Sounds like you are now a full-fledged contractor / employee. I'm sure the company would not have set you up with your own e-mail account, etc., if they felt you were not ready to sit in the "hot seat" assisting customers. Just try to take it easy, Tracy. I'm sure you still have a "safety net" of sorts tha if you have questions you can still ask your supervisor (I hope).

This morning I started the challenging task of vacuuming. I got half the basement living quarters done and the basement steps. It is a harder job than mowing actually because I have to move heavy furniture and this takes a L O T of energy. After I got the steps done I called it a day, took my shower, washed my hair, and now have my veggies for lunch on the stove a-warming. Noah is soooo funny - - when I first turned on the vacuum cleaner he went "Y O W W E E E !!! and scampered off somewhere, which I thought was to the safety of the upstairs. When I got over to the bathroom he was up on his window table stretched out sweet as you please sleeping through the whole commotion. I had turned off the cleaner for a little bit to do some floor dusting, and when I was ready to turn the vacuum back on to do the area rugs I told him I was going to start the "beast" up again. He gave me a little twitch of his tail to let me know he heard me, and he continued with his sweet dreams. He is now patiently waiting for me to get my lunch fixed knowing that some crunchies will also appear in his bowl. He is sooo precious.

I hope your and your precious furkids are enjoying this hot Caturday, my friend, and that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. If you had any errands to do I hope you were able to get them done before the heat of the day set in. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom. I saw from your post how well Shelley and Mindy are coming along. It's so sweet. Thank you moom_beam. Vacuum night (tonight and every other night here) is always stressfull for Theresa and Tang, as it was for Tom. They think it's the big red Tom/Theresa/Tang eater. I hope it didn't stress Noah out TOO much.

This will be my last Caturday off for a while as I start my new schedule Monday. At least I'll have Wednesday off to help prepare. I'm going to get up 1/2 hour earlier just on Monday to have time to set up my desk top. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll need all the luck I can get.

We have just concluded the can food portion of the evening. It's funny how Tang scarfs his up and waits patiently for Theresa to finish so he can snarf her left overs. Not much else to report. I hope both (and your precious Noah, Mindy and Shelley) have a good eveing. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.