Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

It's not so much getting out at 7:00 - it's getting out at 7:15-7:30 because of the queue. Especially Fridays as was the case tonight with 40 calls in there at 6:30. This was the resaon I opted for this shift. I certainly hope this "manager" is proud of herself. But at least I can enjoy this Friday night one last time (hoping they don't make it a regular thing)

I think the kids know what night it is too, as both greeted me at the door with an over abundance of exuberance smile.gif I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling quite right. My cold is almost gone and my left shoulder is feeling better. Just in time for my right forearm to start hurting sad.gif I swear SOMETHING is always hurting on me. I'm glad Noah was able to get some fresh air. I will let my kids have some too as the weather is nice. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Good Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I know your precious furkids are thrilled to have their daddy home with them for the entire weekend.

I am so sorry that your shift has been arbitrarily changed, Tracy. My supervisor does the same thing with me -- changes things that affect my workload after "consulting" with her personal assistant and then informs me as to what I will be doing. No respect there.

I'm glad your cold is clearing up nicely, and your left shoulder is feeling better. Sorry that your right forearm is now giving you some grief, though. The Benadryl worked its wonders last night. I haven't opened the big basement door yet as it's still a bit chilly to do that, so I'm enjoying being allergy free so far today. The squirrels are putting on quite a show for Noah. The acorns are dropping in piles and the squirrels are enjoying the feast. I sure do hope this is not a hint of how the winter is going to be - - I am so NOT a winter person anymore.

I hope today is being kind to you and your precious furkids, Tracy. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news. Please give your precious furkids a hug from "auntie moon_beam" as I give my Noah a hug from "uncle Tracy".

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and pleasant Caturday to you as well.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Ibprofren seems to be making the pain in the arm at least manageable; always good for joint and muscle pain. Acedominifen for everything else. With all that's been going on with me I don't want to think about how much of that's been going through my system. Hopefully my daily round of herbal remedies helps balance it all.

Slept in until after 10 today, so my routine was delayed by a few hours. Not much of a nap, so I'm planning on making the the most of tomorrow for rest. Tang was his ususal funny self hiding as I was getting ready to leave as if he were going to the vet.

Monday we are closed in observance of Columbus Day but will be in some sort of training (food provided) 8-5. Tuesday my normal schedule which will be like a Monday in terms of being busy. Then that loathsome Wed-Fri stayng till 7:00 mad.gif It's not the end of the world, but I felt I'd put in enough time to earn my way out of that. But, if this manager felt in necessary to go to such lengths to mess me over, then I can safely assume she does not have the authority to end my contract. And has to do these petty lateral maneuvers with the schedulers to feel powerful. They are all pathetic.

It's been a peaceful Caturday. I let Theresa out on the balcony while I put groceries away with Tang opting to stay close to me. Afterward she took his spot on the back of the easy chair, and he looked at me as if to say "Daaaaddy, she took my favorite nap spot, gee whiskers"

Hoping for a nice peacful evening here for us and for you and little Noah.

TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Good evening to you, Tracy, and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. Thought I'd log on to see how things are going before shutting this whiz gig down for the night. I'm so glad to know you and your precious furkids have enjoyed this Caturday, and have Sunday to enjoy as well. I hope the OTC's and other remedies help to keep you comfortable. I know what it's like to live with chronic pain as well, so I do understand what you are going through.

I, too, hope your "revised" schedule is only for this week - - perhaps because of the holiday??? Do you have any idea what the training will be? I so do understand your feelings about the supervisor.

So Theresa felt the need to nap on the back of the easy chair. I can just hear you say, "It's okay, my little son, you come here with me and let Theresa have the back of the chair for now. You can have it back after she wakes up and gets down." I can just hear Tang purring, "I love you, daddy."

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I have no idea what the training is for since I was cut out of it last minor holiday. To be honest, I'd just as soon have been on the phones again since all we take are outage and reconnect calls. But getting off at 5:00 will allow me to stop off at Walgreens downtown and pick up the things I forgot at Kroger yesterday and still get home earler than usual. The pain in my forearm has moved to my bicep and increased some what. I swear the pain that lives in my body is alive with a mind of its own sad.gif

I too hope the schedule change is temporary, but mandetory OT is here to stay for a while, so I really don't know. Like I said, it's not the end of the world, and if the manager thinks this will make me quit she's very much mistaken. The buses still run every 15 minutes that time of day (night?) but I may end up on the second one that makes me walk home farther sometimes. Especially since the first one that time of day tends to be late.

I did indeed tell Tang it's OK and to come be with me. He did just that hopping onto the arm of the couch by my head on the extra pillow I brought from the bed and proceeded to purr in my ear as we both drifted off.

This whole weekend I have had this cloud of sadness hanging over me that I can't really explain. I guess it could be Tom's angelversary, of course the chronic pain does not help either. I just hope it's not an omen of something bad coming my way as has occasionally been the case in the past. Well, I guess I will get started on the evening chores, Tang's cleaning, etc. since I have to get up 30 minutes earlier tomorrow. Peace and TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this Sunday evening.

I'm sorry you are continuing to have discomfort in your arm. Chronic pain is not easy to cope with 24 / 7 - - it does wear on the body and spirit. I hope you are able to have some relief from the pain from the OTC's and other pain remedies.

It is quite normal to feel sad when our beloved companions are on our minds. We miss their sweet physical presence with us, and the angel-versaries not only remind us of the blessing we have sharing their eteral love bond but are focused reminders that they are no longer physically present with us. Thank you so much for sharing your and your beloved Sir Thomas' angel-verary with us, Tracy.

Not much going on today. I try to keep Sundays as low key as possible. I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The Ibprofrin helps some. Heat rub lotion does too since this is actully in the muscle now. Hard having to try to do some things left handed though. This too shall pass. Until my sentient pain decides to take up residence elsewhere in my body (sigh)

A peaceful Sunday so far. Nice weather and let kids out on balcony. Theresa is hunting bugs to Tang's puzzlement. I just told him girl cats like to hunt. He, on the other hand likes to "fly" - busted him a few time too near the left side of the railing. He's decided maybe it's better to hang with dad watching TV for now.

At leat tomorrow I won't be on the phones. Just listening to a bunch of people who like to hear themselves talk. Oh well, at least I get breakfast and lunch out of it and an early time leaving. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. So glad to know that yesterday was a peacful day for you and your fur tribe and that your furkids had some quality balcony time - - minus the "Amazing Tang" circus act. So glad you were able to re-direct his "flying" interests by spending quality time with daddy.

I am so chuckling about your assessment of your work day today: "Just listening to a bunch of people who like to hear themselves talk." Yeah I do so understand where you're coming from!!! I hope the "training" today will have had something of interest in it -- in addition to watching the clock for the minute that it's OVER.

Today is the last day for the next several days that the sun is forecasted to shine here. Rain is in the forecast at least through Thursday beginning tomorrow - - and me bones are already beginning to feel the dampness in the air. After the rain ends temperatures are supposed to become more autumn-like in the 60's - - after all come the weekend October will be half over.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and that of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Will keep it short as I am in a lot of pain. I had to visit the urgent care clinic across from work again when I got off. Dr. DX w/ tendonitis (pretty much my whole right arm) RX again for muscle relaxant and NSAID pain med same as last time. I really wish it was my left arm as I am right handed. How I managed to clean Tang's ear (or type this) I have no idea. Guess I'm getting adept at using limbs with limited mobility. Hoping the meds kick in soon as I took while waiting for the bus. We got out at 4:15 which was nice. Training reinforced some of us would be working at least some of our OT at the end of shift rather that start due to service levels. Rest was just agency/heating asst. and avoiding off in error in pmt. arrangements. Home with kids and that's good. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this soggy Tuesday evening. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry that you are having pain in your arm now, and am glad you stopped to see your doctor to try to get some medicinal help. I hope the meds have taken effect and that your arm is feeling better today and this evening.

Bummer about the training confirming that you may have end of shift OT as opposed to being able to choose your OT. I do hope you are not always scheduled for the end of shift OT.

Hopefully by now you are home with your precious furkids and that you will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. All is well here with Noah and me, and I'm looking forward to snuggling with him after I get evening chores done. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Much pain tonight, so I called my regular dr. office to get a refill on the indomethacin which is much more powerful than what i got at the clinic. Of couse they called it into the wrong pharmacy so between the distane and the pain had to call my buddy the cab driver to round trip that and go home. 40 dollars for my 6.00 RX (sigh) Hopefully it's worth it as this was typed totally left handed. Cleaning Tang's ear was make shift at best. Thankfully it's not as dirty as before. Hope you and Noah are well. ttfn

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in to see how you're doing before I shut this gizmo down for the night. I'm so sorry that you're in pain. Chronic pain wears on the spirit and the rest of the physical body. I hope the med you got tonight provides you quick relief so that you can get some good rest tonight with your precious Theresa and little Tang snuggled close to you.

And I'm sorry about the pharmacy sanfu which of course multiplied your transportation to get the medication. I am so sorry for this additional aggravation. If you have refills is there some way you can get the prescription transferred to your regular pharmacy so that you don't have the transportation expense in the future?

All is well here with Noah and me. I hope your day in the trenches goes decently for you tomorrow. I know your precious fur tribe will be so very happy when you get home. Hold onto that as you are anticipating the final moment of your OT tomorrow. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a peaceful evening, my friend. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers and always look forward to shairng your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

The med is doing OK. pain is ebbing but still very stiff. They just got lazy and called it into Kroger where I got it filled the first time because it was a Saturday and I was there to grocery anyway. People just don't listen. I even TOLD her - "Walgreens Fern Valley right across the street from your office" They had the nerve to leave me a voice mail (lying) that it was called into a different Walgreens and when I get to mine just tell them - it's on the same network. I would have totally wasted my time and money. And I thought I cut corners when I am trying to leave work (sigh) Home with the kids. They are a little put off by me not being as "touchy feely" as usual, but I assured them it's not them just that daddy is hurting. I hope they understand. Glad you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Noah and I send you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our rainy Wednesday evening greetings. Today is the first day of your "extended" shift. I hope the next couple of hours go quickly for you. I know you are looking so forward to getting home to your precious furkids. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang will be greeting you with much enthusiasm - - "where were you, daddy? are you okay? we were getting worried, daddy. We're so glad you're home, daddy." Believe me, our furkids KNOW when we're supposed to be home, and when we are delayed they want to know WHY - - and are so relieved to have us home safe and sound.

I'm glad the meds are finally giving you relief from the pain. It is always nice to be able to focus on something else - - preferably more positive.

It's Wednesday. Just two more days to get through until another weekend is here. I hope your day in the trenches today is being decent for you, my friend. I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and that I always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam and Noah
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

They were both at the door tonigght as if tapping their feet (paws) But at least both buses were on time. Arm and hand pain about the same except hand is very swollen. Going to cold pack it later and have taken meds. Worst pain was between lunch and quittng time. A coach came over to look and said I should email a certain manager about getting approved time off to see my doctor - no reply - big surprise. Starting to look like if I do what I need to do for my health my contract will end. Honestly I almost welcome it as long as I get my UE. I really can't take this garbage any more. And have asked god to show me the way sad.gif If no better tomorrow I AM going to dr. and what happens happens. I can't take care of my babies with one arm/hand. I'll keep you posted.....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in with you before calling it a day with my little Noah, who is peacefully sleeping on the bed as I'm writing to you.

I am so sorry that you are having medical issues to contend with on top of the stress of your job. Is there a way you can alert your contracting office that you will be taking time for a medical appointment and provide them a copy of the doctor's certificate -- to cover your bases if the jerk face supervisor gives you grief and tries to get you fired? It's just a thought - - for whatever it's worth. I do so wish you could have a job that you don't feel threatened with being fired for medical visits - - or for any other reason.

The good news is that you are home now with your precious furkids and hope that you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a peaceful and blissful evening together. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam and Noah
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Already tried that route w/ Todays - they wanted nothing to do with it - LG&E is GOD to them. So, I gotta do what I gotta do. True both companies are probably breaking the law, but good luck getting anybody to listen or care. I'm icing my hand now with the kitties near by and I'll just have to see.....
Tom's Dad
Well, I went to work this morning after feeling somewhat better. Ran into the same coach that told me to send the emial. I told her I never got a reply. She took one look at my hand and said it looked no better. I called my doctor's office and told them what's going on. They said she (my dr.) said I should get in right away. Definately tendonitis in my arm. My hand she thinks is some sort of infection. With no bite or puncture marks, ruling out insect bite/sting she gave me RX for antibiotic, ordered blood work, and an x-ray which I'll do tomorrow. In short, I was told it's good I came in when I did. During the wait I spoke with a lady at Todays who said it was terrible I never got a reply to my request and she would definately go to bat for me. I called her again after to tell her Dr ordered no work until Monday (with note). If nothing else, it at least sounds like Todays won't fight my UE if my contract ends.

The kids were surprised to see me coming in around noon, but took it in stride and seem happy for the extra time. We will just have to see what tomorrow brings (sigh)
LoveMyMickey
Oh Tracy, I am so sorry about your health problems. I hope the antibiotics takes care of the infection. Make sure you get that blood work and X-Rays. That could really be serious.....Years ago I trimmed a wart on one of my fingers and the infection got in my lymph glands and got blood poisioning. Had to spend a few days in the hospital and almost died, fever got so high that they gave me a shot of something to bring it down one night.

Tracy, you are in my thoughts and prayers....Pet the furbabies for me..

Hugs,

LoveMYMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I am so glad the coach is providing you some support, and that you went to see your doctor promptly. Adding my encouragement to LoveMyMickey's that you do follow up with getting the x-ray and blood work tomorrow - - even - - and especially - - if your hand is feeling better. I hope the antibiotic works.

I wish it were for better reasons that you're home with your furkids, but - - hey -- there is a saying "a bad day at home is better than a good day at work." Enjoy this time with your precious Theresa and little Tang, my friend. I can just hear them saying, "hey, who's that at the door. Oh no - - they're trying to get it in. Run - - hide - - quickly. Huh???? Hey, it's daddy!!!! Oh daddy!!! We're so o oo o glad it's you!!!"

One day at a time, my friend. I'm hoping that if you do get any grief about this time off that your doctor will provide the back up support if your contractor needs it - - or if you need it to get UE - - or for any reason. I truly am very glad your coach appears to be offering you some support. This is better than what you have had in the past.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings.
moon_beam
Tom's Dad

Thanks LoveMyMickey, moon_beam.

I had the blood work done there at the Drs office. Since I have a history of gout, she wants to check uric acid levels among other things. But I'll have to go to one of the hospitals downtown for the x-ray. She gave me and RX slip for that and told me just to go to registration and show it. I asked if it was OK to do that tomorrow since I was already so tired and stressed, and she said yes. I filled the RX for antibiotic on the way home. Oddly enough pennicillan is still best for that, but I'm allegic. No reaction so far to what I did get; except I did crash on the couch and woke up just now. In addition to med, I'm supposed to rest and use a cold pack. Yes, it's nice I had a coach who expressed concern, and the rep at Today's was similarlay sympathetic. When I responded to her VM to call, the first thing she asked was if I was alright. She said she would email the company that this is a medical issue and should be excused; but was honest in saying she didn't know if it would do any good in how they choose to "code" it. To back up my postion in regard to this horrid manager, I related the threat phone call issue to her. The rep agreed this was equally inexcusable behavior. If nothing else, this leads me to believe that Today's will not fight my UE if it comes to that. I'd sure hate a repeat of last year on that one. Perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise, in that I'll find something better suited me; maybe even Today's will come up with something. Who knows? Right now I'm too stressed and in pain to vex about it.

Actually neither met me at the door when I came in. But Tang looked up at me from the back of the chair with a curious look. He then proceeded to do his little pay attention to me Tang dance smile.gif I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, so glad to know that you're home resting with your precious Theresa and little Tang for the next few days. I hope you do not have any negative reactions to the medication your doctor gave you. Do not hesitate to call your doctor if you begin to notice any allergic reactions. If you do, your doctor may want you to go the ER for treatment.

Enjoy this time with your precious furkids, my friend. Rest, relax. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam and Noah

Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam.

Still pretty sore, but I think I'm improving, albeit slowly. Even if I don't get canned, 2 days w/o pay is going to hurt. I'm going to check and see if I can get supplimental UE for it - I have in the past when working PT. Both my babies have enjoyed having dad home for the day smile.gif Weather isn't bad for balcony, but no go tonight as I'm in no shape for a high wire rescue. I'm going to settle in and watch some netflix tv shows and enjoy the kittles. I'll keep you posted about my progress tomorrow. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
I had the x-rays done this morning at a hospital downtown; awaiting the results. The bloodwork came back OK. Still hurting but I think it's getting better. The swelling has gone down a good deal. I think Theresa and Tang have enjoyed having me home, but I also think it's messing with their daily routine (what ever that may be.) Two more days to take it easy, and I hope I'm at least functional by Monday.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I am so glad to know that your hand is doing much better, and that your blood tests came back okay. I hope the x-ray will be okay, too.

I think your precious furkids will always prefer having daddy home. I know when I'm home with my little Noah for a few days he is always stressed when we have to return to our "pit" routines (as am I). I hope there is a way you can get some financial assistance for the days you won't be paid. I do understand how being "shortened" on your paycheck can be a concern.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and I always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam and Noah
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Getting better I think, but still aching. The swelling has gone down noticably. I spoke with a rep at Today's who was sympathetic and agreed a cedrtain manager is very unprofessional. I think that may be why I still have a job (Today's called and emailed and said I work Monday and what time) Of course it could just be becuase it's Monday and they are busy. On the other hand after all the bad press they got from the audit, they may not want risk canning people who then might go straight to the media to tell them what REALLY goes on in that place. I'd prefer not to think about, but rather just keep working if I can.
That all being said: I'm enjoying the extra time with Theresa and Tang. I'm letting them have time on the balcony since it's nice out and am watching. I'll kepp you all posted. Thanks for the support.
TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. It's so good logging in to share your news, and am so happy that your hand is steadily improving. This is very good news indeed. And I am TOTALLY THRILLED to share your news that you are receiving support from the contractor. I hope this continues for you, my friend. It is so long overdue. I hope it helps to take some of the uneasiness from you about having a job - - at least for the near term. None of us know what will happen in the long haul of things. So, just remember - - one day at a time, my friend - - knowing that you are NOT alone in your journey.

I'm so glad your precious furkids have enjoyed some quality balcony time today, and hopefully your "Amazing Tang" has shown restraint from practicing his "high wire" act. A thought just came to mind: Would you be able to rig a trapeze - - or a strong vine (couldn't resist the temptation for the "Tarzan" comparison) - - from your balcony that would reach over to the other one that would make it easier for you to more safely rescue your circus boy? I know - - I'm bad.

It's been too breezy and chilly here for the big basement door to be open and gated off for Noah. But he has been able to enjoy the sunbeams through the big windows, so all is not lost for him.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your furkids are close in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam and Noah
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Its been a fairly peaceful Caturday. The kittles had some balcony time; Tang got a little close to the left ledge again so I had to shoo him in. I don't think a rope woud help as my hand and arm is in no shape to grab that any more than the railing. I too hope I can get compenstaed for those 2 days, but am not holding my breath. In my experience government help is a lot like bank loans. Tends to go to those who need it the least. But to that end, I'm proud of myself for spending less than 30.00 at the Kroger just for what I really need. My hand and arm are improving, but it's slow and still aches. I can, however, comb my hair and almost feed myself with my right hand and arm again. So, that's improvement I guess.
I wanted to share something admirable about Tang. Earlier when I was trying to change the water bowls, he got too vigorous with his head butting and I spilled everywhere. I promply yelled at him to MOVE! He did, but only to the livingroom, and came back a few minutes later to the kitchen when I'd cleaned it up. Unlike many other cats (Theresa and dear Thomas included) he does not run and hide when yelled at - just goes far enough to be out of the way. And he always comes back within a few minutes with a positive attitude. He's a better soul than I, I must say. Well, Caturday chores before settling in. 4:00 AM comes early for doing laundrey. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it is always a blessing logging in to share how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. I'm so glad you and your furkids had a pleasant Caturday. I'm smiling how your little Tang knows that you when you raise your voice to him it is merely to get his attention to STOP what he's doing. It's a natural repsonse for them to temporarily scamper away from the "loudness" - - his coming back to you is an indication that he knows your loving heart, as does your precious Theresa and your beloved Sir Thomas.

I hope you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and pleasant Sunday. I hope your arm and hand are feeling better today. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precoius Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your teasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank moon_beam

Its been a fairly peaceful Sunday. Up early for laundry and no people in the laundry room. Theresa and Tang waited patiently for me to finish. Then it was crash time on the sofa. Theresa cuddled on my chest off and on; same with Tang by my head on the arm of the sofa. I decided to lay down in the bed for a while hoping it would be easier on my arm. Tang came to lay not really on my chest, but with his body by my side and under my arm. Just his paws on my chest looking alert. Almost like he was guarding/protecting me wink.gif

Tomorrow it's back to the "pit" and what ever aggravation that may bring (sigh) My hand is much better, but arm still aches. At least I can be considered functional at this point and hope it lasts a good while. Give little Noah a pat for me. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just checking in to see how you and the furbabies are doing. I'm glad you are doing better. That's so sweet how little Tang and Theresa take a nap with you. Sounds like you all had a peaceful weekend. I hope your work week is kind to you.....My thoughts and prayers are with you daily....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just logging in to see how life is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. So glad you and your fur family had a peaceful Sunday. I can so relate to your Tang's "guarding / protecting" you. My little Noah is the same with me. It's really quite amazing, and awesome. I know this deepens the bond between you and your little fur son.

I hope today is being kind to you in the pit, my friend. I'm wondering if you have OT tonight, or if that was just last week's assignment. I hope your hand and arm are continuing to do and feel better, and I hope the results of the x-rays will be okay, too.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. I know they are anxiously awaiting to hear the familiar footsteps of their daddy coming down the hallway and the click of the key in the lock - - and "it's daddy!!!!"

Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend. Thank you for the gift of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. I look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam and Noah
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey, moon_beam

Today's work was not bad for a Monday; even a bit slow after lunch time. I saw many automated emails about my absenses including one with an excerpt from Today's defending it as medical need. We'll see what happens. The kittles did NOT want me to leave for work today, guess we all got spoiled wink.gif But they were both there to greet me tonight which is always nice. One day down, four to go....I got a call from UE office wanting my Drs note, so I'll fax that tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some money and missing those 2 days won't be AS bad.

I'm only there (work) until 6:30 ALL week, so I will get more time with the babies. I swear next shift bid I'm going for 8:30-5:30 so they CAN'T schedule me past 6:30 - But I'm home with the kids now and that is always the best part of my day smile.gif TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just being able to log in to see how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm so glad you are not having to do late OT this week, and that your contractor is standing up for you about your medical absences. I hope you are able to get the UE approved so that you will not feel the financial pinch from this experience.

Oh yes I do so know how you felt about having to go back to the salt mines yesterday morning. The good part of the day for me is getting home to my precious Noah, as I know this is the same for you getting home to your precious Theresa and little Tang.

I hope you are home now with your precious furkids, and that you are continuing to feel better. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow in the salt mines will be a decent day for you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I probably won't get much if anything for those 2 days. I got a letter saying what I qualify for and it's almost 100.00 a week less than the maximum I was expecting sad.gif Apparently they only go back a year on earnings and the last year was hardly my most profitable. Therefore, it's more important than ever I either hang on to this job or get a better one (sigh) Why do I have the feeling my life is about to be turned upside down again? So unfair to the babies, Tang especially. I can only pray that does not happen (again)

Both were there to greet me when I got home again, as are they both there to see me off in the mornings lately. Work was not bad all things considered. I had to walk home from the bus stop in the chilly rain. It stopped just as I was getting home dry.gif

I'm just going to take care of nightly tasks and watch some TV before bed with the kittles. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, finally being able to log on and get caught up with your news. Hopefully you are home now with your precious Theresa and little Tang - - which is the best part of the entire day. Sorry that you had to walk home in the rain from the bus stop yesterday. I hope you were able to get a bus this evening that got you closer to home - - and / or that the weather was drier tonight for your travels home.

So sorry that the UE will not be more, - - but as the saying goes - - "every little bit helps." I know what it's like to actually be counting pennies in the checkbook - - there was a time not too very long ago when a penny actually made the difference between checks accepted and having to rely on overdraft protection. What has made the difference is not having a car payment at the moment. But still I have to be careful and "plan" funds in the checking account for things like insurance payments, taxes, etc., so that the funds are already there in the account available when the payments need to be made. I do hope whatever you receive will be better than not having any payment at all.

Noah had his annual check up today and this time the vet gave him boosters to the vaccinations. Because Abbygayle developed Fibrosarcoma (but not linked to vaccine-induced cancer) - - both the vet and I are concerned about his genetic potential to develop cancer as well. So, she does not want to push his immune system every year with boosters, and since he is now a totally indoor kitty this is an acceptable protocol. He took everything like a trooper - - but was very glad when we got back home, as was I. The next few days will now be spent just enjoying each other's company.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend, and that your day tomorrow will be a decent one in the salt mines. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Actually I doubt I will get any payment based on what I earned the 3 days I did work last week. So I just have to pinch pennies, as you say, and hope for the best.

I hope Noah will be OK, and I am sure he's glad to be home with his mom. Me and my fur tribe will keep him and you in our thoughts and prayers.

Work was not bad. It's still "rainy" and chilly but was not actually raining walking from my stop. Tang's ear is looking better over all, but he sure fussed with it a lot after tonights cleaning. I hope I didn't irritate it too bad. Theresa is feeling her oats as she keeps trying to engage him ih play wink.gif I don't think he's interested at the moment.

More than half way thru the week getting to Caturday, and am looking forward. Give Noah a pat and hug for us. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Guess I'll be the only poster today. Had a quarterly review at work with certain manager and Today's rep. Apparently I need to work on my attendance and call monitors dry.gif But it was also a slow day which was nice.

Home with the kittles now who are excited to see me. One more day until Caturday smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just getting a chance to check in with you to see how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. So glad to know you're home with your precious furkids for the evening. Just one more day to get through and then it's the weekend.

Wish your quarterly review had been easier for you. Work on your attendance??? The only times you've been off is when you are not feeling well. Just do the best you can, Tracy - - that's all any of us can do.

After I wrote to you last night I checked on Noah, and as anticipated the vaccinations were beginning to make him feel really crummy. He was running a low grade fever and refused his evening treats. I finally got him settled down comfortably for the night, which he slept through. Around 7:30 this morning he was interested in having his breakfast - - which he ate with enthusiasm. He slept / napped most of the day with the other times showing interest in watching the wind blow the leaves off the trees and swirl them around before they hit the ground. I'm so glad I took today and tomorrow off to be with him to share his company as well as to keep an eye on him for any adverse reactions to the vaccinations. He is doing better this evening, thank goodness.

I'm glad your little Tang's ear is still looking good, and hope that this evening's cleaning session went smoothly. I hope you and your precious fur tribe are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day in the salt mines tomorrow will be a decent one. Thank you for sharing your news with us, Tracy, and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your beloved Sir Thomas. I always enjoy checking in with you to share your news. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I'm glad to hear Noah seems to be doing better today. It's good you were able to stay home and be with him. I only wished I'd done that with Tom that last day, consequences be damned sad.gif As for my attendance, they really don't care if you are not feeling well. But I walked out of the room with a job still, so that's good I guess.

Theresa and Tang were delighted to see me again tonight. I think this may be the case more as it gets colder; wanting snuggles. I'm going to settle in for the night. Thoughts and prayers for you and Noah.

TTT
Tom's Dad
The work week is over. I still have a job, and tomorrow is Caturday. Theresa and Tang have been playing the "pouncing chase me" game for the past hour. It got a little rough a little bit ago and I had to break it up. They are indeed a blessing.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, logging in to see how things are going for you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I'm so glad you are home with your precious furkids for the evening and the weekend - - with the assurance that you still have employment. This truly is indeed a blessed evening.

Noah is now back to himself today, for which I am very grateful. I have so enjoyed being home with him these days. I am thankful that we still have the weekend together before the "reality routine" begins again on Monday.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening together. Their exuberant playtime is a reflection of their joy of having you home - - somtimes exuberance becomes TOO exuberant and daddy has to intervene. They understand this and are grateful for your loving care.

Thank you for the gift of your friendship, Tracy, and for the blessing of sharing your precious Theresa and little Tang with us, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I am pleased to hear that Noah is feeling better. I'm sure he enjoyed the extra time with you as did my kittles with me. Yes, it's nice to know I can return for more work, for the time being. Especially since I found out what a pittance my UE would be. I received a VM from the Today's rep this morning, and called her back on break. Apparently she "grilled" a certain manger about the threat call issue after our review. She wanted me to recall the account (number) if I could as the manager claimed to only 'vaguley' remember. Yeah, right. I thanked her for standing up for me though. I'm hoping this will buy me some job security.

Tang is hanging out with daddy. And Theresa? Well, I was laying out my night clothes (shorts and T) and she wanted to lay on them on the bed. I yanked them away and she looked hurt. I remembered the link on here about cats greiving their humans and borrowed a trick from it. I put an under shirt I'd worn to work and will wash anyway Sunday on the bed. She is currently snoozing comfortably on it wink.gif

Tomorrow is Caturday and not a moment too soon. Peace and Blessings to you and Noah.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Caturday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to remember the account number, and that you still have access to the information in the records, as well as the e-mails that the manager sent to you. I'm hoping and praying that this follow-up with Today's will provide you the job security you need - - and affirmation that the problem is with the supervisor - - and has never been with you.

Yes, our furkids do enjoy laying on things that have our scent on them. I'm so glad you gave your precious little girl your T-shirt. What a loving daddy you are!!!

I hope today will be a good day for you and your precious furkids. I'm wondering when your little Tang has his next check up with his doctor? Pllease know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. Noah sends his purrs and rubs to you and your precious fur tribe, too.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to let you know I haven't forgotten you and your furbabies. I hope you and furbabies are having a pleasant Caturday. That's true, pets like to lay on their owners t-shirts, clothes, etc. Mickey always laid on a piece of our clothing. He would rub his little face on anything that had our smell on it.

We still have stray cats stopping by the carport to eat. One evening I heard two fighting. They were gone as soon as they heard the door knob rattle. Yesterday an exotic one came by, had real long legs, odd coloring, gray and black stripes with tan or yellowish in between.

Tracy, I hope you, little Tang and little Theresa have a fun weekend. (No circus acts, Sgt. Tang!)
Always thinking of Angel Sir Thomas too....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, LoveMyMickey

This Caturday has been fairly unevenful, just the way I like it. My regular cab driver asked, incredulously, if I did the "same thing" every weekend. I said except when one of the kittles has to go to the vet, yes. I think it was the lead charcater's neighbor in Office Space that said don't underestimate the power of doing nothing wink.gif It's better than drama, believe me. I let the babies have some balcony time when I got home from errands while I put up groceries. To his credit Tang stayed far away from the left side of the balcony. But now Theresa has been sniffing around there more and more. They do learn from each other, but I hope she does not pick up that urge. She is NOT built for it. Thanks for checking on us. Peace and TTFN

TTT

PS: moon_beam, Tang does not have a scheduled check up for some time. Thankfully he's been doing well, I'm trying to get a few more good pay checks under my belt before going again.
moon_beam
Good evening to you, Tracy, and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this Caturday evening.

So glad your day was uneventful - - there is something to be said for the comfort of the positive routines. Oh yes - - our furkids DO learn from one another for sure. If I had any doubt about that it was all removed in observing my Eli and Noah together. Many times my beautiful Abbygayle would just look at them as if to say, "what are you up to NOW"!!!

So glad your little Tang's ear is doing well, and that you feel comfortable spacing out the visits for now. And I'm sure your little Tang is enjoying the reprieve as well.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are having a very pleasant and blissful evening. Thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
moon_beam
Chilly Sunday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits. I hope you're being able to get your laundry done so that you can devote the rest of the day with your precious furkids. Just remember to keep something special of yours that has your scent on it out for your precious Theresa - - and Tang - - to cuddle into.

Nothing going on here at the moment - - Sundays are always low key here. Just stopping by to say "hello" and to let you know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers. I always look forward to sharing your news, my friend, and am blessed to have your cherished friendship, Tracy, and your precious Theresa and little Tang.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

Got the laundry done and am just chillin' with the kittles - both have taken turns laying on my chest on the couch while I snoozed on the sofa. Tang has taken up a new habit that's kind of cute. He lays, paws crossed, in the doorway of either the bedroom or the bathroom like he's "guarding" it. Who is he guarding it from? Theresa maybe? Anyway, it's adorable. Hope this finds you and Noah well.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang this Monday evening from Noah and me. I'm so glad you and your fur family had a very peaceful Sunday, and am hoping that this Monday in the trenches has been a decent one for you.

I am so smiling at your precious Tang's role as "guardian" - - ever ready to protect his dad and sister from anyone and anything that may be a danger - - truly "Kodak" moments for the heart.

Today was busy in the pit for me from the moment I arrived to the moment I left to come home. Still have some "catch up" work to do, which will get done "whenever." There was a time when I would have gladly gone in 30 minutes earlier to try to get everything caught up in one day, but "new rules" have been dictated for me to abandon that. So - - what gets done during my hours gets done, and the rest takes its turn as time permits. Actually, this has taken some stress off me - - which is not what the "management" intended. Oopps!

Hopefully soon you will be able to clock out of your cage and begin the journey home to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.