Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny "heat wave" 40 degree Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope your laundry time today went smoothly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of today together.

I'm sorry your travels yesterday were harrowing for you. Having had to drive in major snow storms and ice many years while I was working, including with my previous employer, I can so relate to how things must have been for your commute yesterday. I'm very glad to know you arrived back home safe and sound to your precious companions, and know you are thoroughly enjoying be home together today.

It is so nice having the warm sunbeams today, although the warm temps will be short lived with a new Arctic blast coming in for the week as temps fall throughout the day tomorrow. I am so not looking forward to another week of frigid temps. So I will try to do the majority of my errands tomorrow while temps are still decent.

Noah is doing well. He is curled up in my lap wrapped in a warm blanket taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. Recently he has been wanting to be on my lap rather than snuggled next to me - - it is a blessing having his sweet little body snuggled close to me.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer (51) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he is well and hope you are too. Smiling at his wanting to lay on your lap. Theresa is already a "lap" kitty where as Tang just like to be near me; so it's a blessing when he sits on chest and purrs. It's back into the teens and twenties here until Thursday, but then a 20% chance of more snow blink.gif

Laundry went off just fine. Even my paper was there before 5:00. Coming back from putting my clothes in the dryer with my hanging clothes in hand, I saw the little Siamese mix darting along the lot. So, I put food out for him/her. I have not seen his/her tuxedo companion for days and I fear the worst sad.gif Bad enough he/she is homeless and hungry (at least I try to help with that) But now he/she has lost his/her little friend. How I wish I could save even just one of these waifs and see that they get a good forever home. There ought to be stiff penalties for the sub-human jerks that put them out mad.gif

Yesterday must have taken more out of me than I thought. Aside form the harrowing commute in the foul weather, my stomach was acting up and I was feeling not so well overall. After laundry, I slept until a little after 9:00. I had a bite to eat and napped until just a little while ago. At any given time I had Theresa or Tang to snuggle. Both are doing well, but poor Theresa has sneezed a few times, bless her heart. She is parking in front of her personal heater now, and Tang is stalking waiting for can food.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I'm glad you got some much needed rest. This cold and snowy weather takes a lot out of a person besides the normal activities. I hope you feel better.......... I'm glad the Siamese is back and I hope the others are okay.......Smokey came back this morning. When I saw him I went out and gave him some can food besides the dry. He was back this evening too. I haven't seen any others. Tabby1 never did come back........I got a scare last Mon. when I went to the grocery, up on the main highway I saw a gray animal that had been hit and killed. After I got back home I got to thinking about Smokey, but he soon showed up. I was so relieved. That could have been a possum on the road, I didn't want to stare and have an accident.

Tracy, I hope your work week goes well and stay warm. Pet the furbabies for me and have a pleasant and cozy evening.....God Bless.....TTFN...

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey.

Thanks, I do feel better somewhat. I'm glad Smokey came back and it wasn't him in the road. It's also good you didn't get into an accident for it. The tuxedo has been gone for a few days that I can think of sad.gif He/she and the Siamese were always inseparable.

When putting food out tonight I found one of the rectangle plastic containers in front of the dumpster, and the round one all the way over by the sidewalk blink.gif I don't recall it being windy today, but I was asleep most of the day.

I hope the evening and week ahead is good for you, hubby, the kitties and that Angel Mickey is looking over you. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, windy sunny temperature dropping Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you were not feeling well yesterday. I would definitely say that the stress of your travels on Saturday could very well have had a part to play with your digestive upset. I hope you are feeling better today.

Glad to know your laundry time went smoothly yesterday, and that your precious Theresa and little Tang were by your side offering you comfort and love. As grungy as we feel sometimes there is nothing like the company of a precious companion to help ease the discomfort.

Today was an early rise day with bill payments to make online and a trek to the grocery store and post office. I'm so glad I was able to get the errands done early while the temps were still in the decent range and the wind was still on the calm side. Temps are dropping as I'm writing to you and the wind has turned quite gusty. I am sooo hoping this next Arctic blast will be the last one for the winter. I am sooo ready for warmer weather.

Noah was glad to see me when I got back home with groceries and supervised my putting things away. He is settled next to me as I'm writing to you patiently waiting for me to get him his lunch. And looking at the clock it is time for me to get busy with that.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Very cold (and getting colder) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and I'm chuckling at Noah "supervising" the proper placement of the groceries happy.gif What would we poor humans do without them?

Tomorrow is supposed to be colder still, but than gradually warming until we get snow rain mix by Friday and just plain rain on Saturday (sigh) At least the rain does not make one slip and fall. Work was OK, but I think we lost another agent. He seemed frustrated on his calls. He went for lunch and never came back huh.gif Late in the afternoon the manager and his backup were looking high and low for a big stack of email bounce back print outs. I told them I worked them all already; this seemed to please them.

Travels home hit a bit of a snag on the express bus downtown. Traffic was backed up and the driver had to radio to get permission to detour off the interstate. We got downtown in time for me to catch the 6:15 bus that goes by where I live. I didn't think I had "greeters" when I walked into an empty foyer, but Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang were both stretching in the hallway coming to meet me. I guess I caught them both napping wink.gif They have had their can food and are settling in. Oh, when I put the food out tonight I didn't see Siamese, but I think I saw the gray and white one I saw on the other side of the fence the other night. Do you suppose he understood me when I told him where I put the food?

Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful and warm evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy frigid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your travels home yesterday in the storm went okay so that you could make your connections without any interruptions or frustrations. I'm smiling at your "reception committee" yawning and stretching in preparation to greet you as you came through the door. I can just hear them, (waking up from nap) "Hey, it's about time daddy is getting home. We should get up and be ready at the door to meet him. (In comes daddy) Oh, daddy -- you're home!! We were just coming to greet you!!"

Tracy, there is no doubt in my mind that the homeless waifs understand everything you say to them - - your comforting words of encouragement and compassion, - - for your words are also expressed in your loving care for them in putting food out for them. The language of the heart is universal, my friend - - there are no boundaries or restrictions or limitations whoever the life form we share it with.

Noah and I have been focused on staying warm today -- snuggling together and watching the snow flakes put a light covering on the ground. As I'm writing to you my precious little boy is wrapped in a warm blanket curled up on my lap. Temps are in the teens now as they have been all day long. I'm so glad I was able to do my errands yesterday. Called the service place about my HP printer - - the new print head is on order and hopefully I will get it back next week.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, Even colder than yesterday (although there was no storm) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and successfully keeping warm. Good news about your other printer, I too hope you get it back soon.

Work was OK. I seem to be becoming the "work horse" agent with the leads giving up their seats for the new agents so they can "supervise" If a call back is too "complex" for a newbie it's "Give it to Tracy to knock out" I doubt it's appreciated enough to get me hired (especially since the leads are temps too) But if it generates good work Karma, it's all good I suppose.

Travels home hit another snag with my second bus. There was an accident on the main road close to the turn off blocking both ways, so the driver had to detour adding about 10 minutes to the trip huh.gif But when I got in my "greeters" were right there wub.gif Both are well and tummies full. Thanks for the props on the waifs. As I was walking out the food tonight I saw a new one darting to the closest car to the dumpster just waiting for me to set it down. I guess word is getting around. Cold and starving is a deadly combination, so if my efforts are keeping them alive, I guess we can call that a small win.

Not much else to report. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny frigid snow on the ground Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your travels home yesterday were complicated, again, but the good news is that you arrived home safe and sound to your precious companions who were eagerly waiting for you at the door. Getting home is the very best part of the day, and having your precious Theresa and little Tang in good health waiting for you is a blessing JUST FOR YOU, my friend.

It sounds like you are making a very good impression on the leads / supervisors, and this is indeed MUCH BETTER than your immediate previous job. Plus it gives you more responsibility you can include on your resume, and provides you very positive references when the time comes for another assignment. Yes, it would be nice if management could see its way to offering you a permanent position. While all things are possible, Tracy, they also depend on the circumstances. In this situation it is best to continue to keep your options opened, and then if a permanent position is offered from your current employer, you can CELEBRATE.

We received a good ground cover from yesterday's snow event. It's a very light dry powdery snow which is very nice. The temps were cold enough here to have the snow stick to the gravel driveway and cement surfaces, but did not have to do any shoveling at the street, thank goodness. This morning I shoveled the snow off the stoop outside the big basement double door so that the snow cover wouldn't melt then freeze, etc.. And when I went to get the mail yesterday evening, I cleared off the cement apron to the garage for the same reason. The temps are actually falling here today only in the low 20's now, but the sunbeams are warm and the birds are chirping very cheerily outside. My precious Noah is on my lap wrapped in a warm blanket as I'm writing to you.

Not much else going on today. Soon it will be time to start getting some lunch ready for my precious little boy, and some veggies on the stove warming for me as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a bit warmer (but still cold) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad your snow event did not leave too damaging an impact, and that you were able to get it out of the way.

Travels tonight were better with no detours. I didn't get the 5:45, but the 615 was running on time for the most part. Theresa and Tang both met me at the door with special greetings, though I had to break up a spat a little while ago (sigh) fighting siblings. I opened a fresh can of food tonight which they both devoured; and extra special treat for them as no warm water is needed.

Work was OK. We had one agent call off with "car trouble" This was a bit ironic as he made the snide comment "I have a car" when I joked about someone wondering whose car was parked out front and I said not mine unless it's a TARC bus. I must ask him how that's working out when/if he comes back. Of course this is the same twerp who said a grown man has no business having cats dry.gif Makes me wonder if I was that obnoxious in my early 20s. But I keep striving to do a good job. Like you said, it's a good reference if nothing else.

Not much else to report. The kids have finally settled down. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny frigid Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad to know your travels home last night went more smoothly, and that you arrived home safe and sound to the exuberant greetings of your precious fur tribe.

I admire your wisdom concerning your co-workers comment: ". . . this is the same twerp who said a grown man has no business having cats". This "youngster" has a lot of "maturing" to do. The most important thing is that you recognize his comment for what it is - - and hopefully it is only temporary ignorance. YOU, Tracy, are a very mature young man, and hopefully this co-worker will learn some maturity from you during this time together - - if not through conversation then through your example - - because ACTIONS speaker louder than words.

The temperature is still much below freezing here but the sunbeams apparently are warmer as there is some melting going on outside, and Noah is enjoying the sunbeams coming in through the windows today. Soon it will be time for me to go to the kitchen and start getting my precious little boy's lunch for him, and some veggies on the stove warming for me.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and slightly warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I am glad Noah had some sunbeams in which to bask today.

Work was hectic today with just me and a newbie 9-5 and the male lead and another newbie (the only good one as far as I'm concerned) from 1-9. The "twerp's" counterpart sat next to me today, for the first time, and what a charming scent of BO I had to deal with throughout the day huh.gif He also started grabbing call back sheets right from the folder on my desk for EST zone ohmy.gif I told him that I have been assigned to do this in the mornings in the absence of the female lead and regardless in the afternoon. I told him there were plenty of getting started clients he could call and feel free to grab any new call backs. When I got back from lunch, he was pawing through the PST folder. When I asked if he was at least noting the contacts with the proper format, he looked at me like a deer in the headlights. I made the manager aware of this before leaving for the day. As I said before, where does Brooksource find these "winners"?

Travels home were not so good. My 6:15 bus was 15 minutes late and therefore packed with people thinking it went to the mall. When we got down to Fern Valley and I asked to get off at the non posted stop close to me the regular driver does, he refused. But get this: just before picking me up, he let some people off at a non posted stop mad.gif

But I am home and Theresa and Tang have both welcomed me. Both are doing well with full bellies. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you have your challenges to deal with at work. It is good you are letting the leads / supervisors know what is happening with the assignments YOU are given when they are hijacked by another employee. I'm sorry your travels home yesterday were also difficult. Your experiences remind me so much of some that I also experienced during my much younger days when public transportation was my primary source of navigating the streets - - in conjunction with my two feet. I hope your travels today will be less stressful.

Today's temp is now at 50 degrees with bright sunshine, but it will take several days like this to really warm things up. My precious Noah is enjoying the sunbeams, though, as am I. He is also letting me know that it is high time for me to start getting his lunch ready, so I will get this off to you.

One of the many good things about today is that you do not have to work tomorrow, which I know your precious Theresa and little Tang will also be glad for.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Today I heard birds singing for the first time in weeks. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Today was the first day to efile with the IRS, but it wasn't as busy as I would have thought, even being down one agent with a sick child. I overheard the "twerp" saying he didn't really have car trouble; just didn't feel like coming in. Nice work ethic dry.gif Especially after I risked life and limb to get there on my Saturday. My next one is coming up 02/15 with Monday of that week off. The upside is a 3 day weekend, the down side is no viable shopping day toward the end of that week. I guess I'll figure something out (sigh)

Travels home were not too bad, more or less on time. Both Theresa and Tang were there to be my greeters upon opening the door wub.gif Both of their bellies are full and they are settling in for the evening. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Tang and Theresa. I hope all three of you are well and having a good weekend. Our snow is still melting. We got 10 inches on Tuesday night. My car was all covered up. We still got lots of snow on the grassy areas, but at least the streets are clear now. Shelley was brave and stepped out on the balcony into the snow and even sat there for a minute. Mindy wanted nothing to do with the snow.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warmer Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad your travels home yesterday were better than they were during the winter stormy days. I hope the leads / supervisors overheard the "twerp" when he confessed about not having car trouble, and will remember the exceptional effort YOU put forth to get into work regardless of the weather.

I hope you have been able to get your errands done today without any complications so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang have been able to enjoy the majority of today together.

It has been a pleasant day here not too busy. Changed the blankets on the bed so now have a couple loads of laundry to do - - at least. Still have the lunch dishes to wash and a trek to the mailbox to make. Noah is doing well. He is curled up on a soft blanket taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi DannysMom. Happy Caturday to you, Miss Mindy and Shelley.

We didn't get as much snow here, but it too is starting to melt at 61 degrees now. I'm about done with winter, but hear we have one more "blast" coming. I opened the sliding doors upon returning from my errands and Tang spent some time on the balcony; but Theresa was busy napping in the laundry. I hope you and the girls have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warmer but cloudy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he is well, and I hope you are too.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to do a full provision run with my cart because of all the rain that was predicted. While it looks like it could at any time, it held off while I was out. I got another tub of litter even though I already have a full one as a means of stocking up for that week I won't have a viable end of week shopping day, and will probably do the same along with other items next week. I went to library to drop of 2 books and pick up 5 on hold. With 3 extensions each, it should keep me occupied in that area for a while.

I found myself hoping the "twerp" was overheard too, but they were already talking about moving his seat away from his "buddy" to keep him "on task" so I'm sure they already know he's not worth much. I just ignore him, and stay on my own tasks. It makes the day go by faster.

Theresa and Tang are both well and enjoying a lazy day. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Good Caturday Evening to you and furbabies. I hope all is well in your household. We are doing okay and was glad to feel a warmer breeze and sunshine today. The birds have really been singing and eating well. All the kitties have been accounted for since the bitter cold except Tabby1. He's the one that had a flea collar on when we first saw him. It looked like he got into a fight and the collar was pulled off. That was last summer....I don't know if I mentioned this big cat or not. He has white legs and dark gray stripes on his back. I named him "Leggins". Looks like he has white leggins on. smile.gif

Looks like we have more bad weather on the way and I didn't get the grocery shopping done and the dry cat food is almost gone.. sad.gif .............I hope you have a good work week next week and I hope you and furbabies stay well. Give them a special pat for me....Always thinking of our little angels, Sir Tom and Mickey.....God Bless.....TTFN..

LMM
Tom's Dad
Good Caturday evening to you too LoveMyMickey from Princess Theresa, Sgt. Tang and me (both are well)

I'm glad all the kitties are accounted for, but am sad.gif that Tabby1 is still missing. Leggins sounds like a handsome boy. I don't know about Frankfort, but the forecast in Louisville for this coming week does not look too bad but for some rain. You should have time to get more dry cat food hopefully.

I keep seeing new kitties here along with some veterans. I have not seen Siamese for a few days, and no Tuxedo for over a week unsure.gif But the gray and white one who favors Tom still comes around. I'm putting out about 2-3 times as much dry food as I used to to keep up with the growing need, which makes me sad when I think about it. At least they are not having to deal with the extreme cold, snow and ice for the time being.

I hope today has been kind to you, hubby and the kitties, and that you all have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to share your news that you were able to get your errands done before the rain began and are stocked up for a few days. Hope your laundry time this morning went smoothly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this day together.

As I'm writing to you Noah is snuggled in my lap taking his afternoon nap. The local PBS station is showing a recording of a production of Webber's Phantom of the Opera as performed at the Albert Hall. It's not the original cast, but so far it's a good performance. Otherwise it's a quiet peaceful day here.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and enjoying your show.

I didn't mention the weather in my greetings because here it kind of stinks. The rain actually held off all night and decided to come down as I was starting my laundry run dry.gif When I got down there, there were already 4 dryers going and a washer (sigh) Some lady decided it was time for "monthly" laundry; and she had more to go that was only stopped by my presence with my 2 loads. This was evident by her having to sacrifice one of her dryers to put a big comforter in its place. I guess she heard me grumbling about the situation while putting my loads in the only 2 free dryers as she asked if I needed any more. I was tempted to say I only ever need 2, if I need more I'm considerate and break them up. But I just said nope. Getting back to the weather, just when all of that nastiness had melted away it's snowing again huh.gif It's supposed to stop by 5 AM and be sunny and 35 tomorrow. So, hopefully it won't stick around long.

This afternoon, I got a VM from the Kroger by where I work saying my RX is ready. I think I finally figured out that since I'm in the system at both locations, it gets filled at both. Plus the one I already have has a refill. I'm guessing this is a duplicate. I'm certainly not going to cancel it this time, just pick it up tomorrow and be that much ahead. I'll need insulin syringes soon anyway, and that location doesn't give me a hard time like the one by me.

Today has been a lazy day otherwise with Theresa and Tang both doing well, snuggling me in their unique ways wub.gif I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, soggy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like laundry time yesterday was challenging, but am glad you were finally able to get your chores done so that you and your precious fur tribe could have dedicated snuggle time. Hope you're able to get your prescription and syringes for your precious Tang without any hassles. And I hope your travels today will go smoothly without any weather related delays or incidents.

Today I'm doing the security updates and scans on the big desk top, and getting caught up on some financial record keeping. The earlier forecast for some wintry icy precipitation changed to just good old fashioned wet rain, for which I am very thankful. Occasionally the sun peeks through the clouds, which may be the only time this week it does as most of this week is supposed to be rainy with the potential for freezing rain / sleet at times right through this coming weekend.

Noah is doing well, and is letting me know that it is time for me to start getting his lunch ready. He is so precious.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam colder and snow covered greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope you were able to attend to your tasks with little fuss. Any word on your other printer?

Last night we got about 4 inches of snow dumped on us blink.gif Fortunately, the temps hovered around the freezing mark, going only as low as the upper mid 20s before it stopped at around 5 AM. Then the sun came out and we got to 36 degrees. So, travels in the morning were a bit hectic with my express bus running about 10 minutes late. So that coupled with navigating the sidewalks where the excess snow was pushed made for interesting travels. That being said, I held off on Kroger. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer with rain late in the morning; perhaps I will go then. Coming home was much easier with interstate traffic light, I was able to catch the earlier second bus home. I actually managed to take Theresa and Tang by surprise happy.gif Both are doing well with full bellies.

Work was OK. The "twerp" moved on to another job (no loss there) I only found this out because the other newer agent stated he had an interview for a similar job which is why he asked to come in later. I can certainly appreciate keeping one's options open, but to openly flaunt it that way in front of your current employer even if it is temp seasonal? Is this how this generation has been taught to behave by their parents (my generation)? I'm glad I have limited my kids to the fur variety. They are much better behaved.

Not much else going on. Going to enjoy the tiny amount of extra time I have with the kids. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

PS: Coming up to the stairs this evening I saw the gray and white cat looking so pitiful in an empty parking spot clear of the snow. I bent down and gently spoke to him and said "Go wait by the dumpster and I'll bring food down" He darted away, but when I came out again he was peeking out at me from under a car and followed at a distance. Bless his heart
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news as to how you and your precious fur tribe are doing.

When it comes to the working world in this day and age there are no "loyalities" - - although employers still expect unconditional loyality from the employees without giving it in return. However, i agree with you that flaunting interviews with other potential employers is not recommended. The "good news" is that the "twerp" is no longer there to deal with, and hopefully this will help to make the remainder of your assignment less stressful.

So glad the homeless waif waited for you to provide another meal for him / her and the others who came to participate in the "banquet" you provided for them. I know your doing this for these precious little ones is a blessing to them, and this blessing will come back to you in some way at some time.

I received a call late yesterday letting me know that my HP printer was ready for pick up. So I went to get it this morning. I stopped at the post office on my way to get more stamps as I only had one left from my previous purchase which would not be enough for the upcoming bill-a-thon in 3 weeks. I haven't tried using it yet to see how it works now, but that will come before the month is out. I tried printing from the Canon yesterday using the desk top computer, but once again received the hate message about the printer not being recognized by Windows. Oh well - - at least I can use it from my lap top. Eventually I will call my computer guru to come figure it out, but it's not a high priority at this point in time.

My precious Noah is letting me know that it's time to start fixing his lunch, so I will get this off to you. Not much else is happening here today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and rainy greetings to you and Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad to hear you have your HP back and hope it performs well for you when the time comes. Sorry to hear about your Canon not working with your desktop though.

Travels in today were OK with both buses reasonably on time. I was able to get to Kroger for my RX and syringes for Tang. I did slip and fall on my walk to the office though on what I though was good pavement that turned out to be "black ice" No worse for wear though, thank goodness. The "twerp's" buddy (Mr. BO) sat next to me unfortunately. He asked whether he should change a fee on our side and I told him to my knowledge we never change any of that. When I tried to tell him what I thought the preparer's issue was, he began to argue. So, I just help up my hand and shut him out. He sought help elsewhere, and guess what? I was right dry.gif Millennials and their know-it-all attitudes.

The travels home were interesting. It started with freezing rain, turning to regular rain. This had the effect of starting to melt the remaining snow and creating a lot of ponding. If the temps hover around the freezing mark over night as predicted, perhaps it won't be too bad tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath. I did at least get home more or less on time. Theresa and Tang were glad for this. Both are well with full bellies.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you fell yesterday, and am very glad you were not injured. I hope you are not feeling any "after effects" today. I'm glad you were able to get your med and your precious Tang's syringes yesterday, as I know this takes a concern off your mind.

Thank you for your thoughts about the Canon printer and my desk top computer. The good news is it works just fine with my lap top, so I'm doing okay. At some point I will need to call my computer guru to come check out the desk top because I keep getting "alerts" that things are not interfacing right with it, or Windows is finding "issues". Don't have a clue what to do about them.

Otherwise life is going well here for my precious Noah and me. I read an article in the local newspaper online that the county is once again looking at raising the tax rates for both real estate and personal property to make up the "difference" in revenue shortfalls. I have e-mailed the rep for the district I'm in letting him know I am against this - - it seems raising taxes is the first, last, and in between "solution" to bolstering the coffers of the government treasuries. In the long run the government - - on every level - - is going to do what IT wants regardless of how it affects the people.

Noah is doing well. He is stretched out on my lap taking his nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and wintery gray skies greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he is well and I hope you are too. I'm sorry to hear about your property tax situation and hope it works out in a way that is not a burden to you. Hoping your "guru" can get your tech issues solved too.

No lingering effects from my fall, but I'm being extra cautious going forward. Travels to and from work today were not too bad. I got lucky coming home as the 5:45 bus was a little late and I was able to catch it. Theresa and Tang were certainly fine with this too happy.gif Both are well and tummies full.

Work was OK and I'm looking forward to the 3 day weekend coming up, but not to having to work the following Saturday (sigh) I at least hope the weather that day is halfway decent. I'll stock up on provisions more this Saturday and possibly the Monday I'm off to be safe though.

Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad to know your travels yesterday were better, and am very glad to know there are no lingering effects from your fall a couple of days ago. I know there is another huge winter storm making a trek eastward. Right now the forecast for this area is that we are not in the bull's eye for the brunt of the storm, for which I am once again thankful.

I decided to start tackling the laundry cart and did a load of laundry this morning which is now waiting patiently to be put into the dryer. Noah is also letting me know that it's time for me to get some lunch in his bowl, and looking at the clock he is right. Later on there will be a trek to the mailbox to make.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and snowy greetings to you and Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope you managed to get through your laundry with no problems.

Today's travels were OK, but I didn't the early bus home tonight; oh well. Theresa was the first to greet me at the door, which is a first. She immediately wanted her "daddy hugs" where she reaches up with both paws to be picked up wub.gif Tang was right behind her though happy.gif Both are well with full bellies.

Work was a bit of a madhouse. The IRS released funds today and I don't think the management was expecting it, as I was the only one scheduled in tech from 9-11. They tried to downplay it to the owners saying we had the female lead out with car trouble, which didn't hold for long as the schedule clearly showed her as being off today rolleyes.gif I didn't even get so much as a thank you for holding things together. Well, that's not true - I did get yelled at by one of the owners for trying to be proactive and print off an efax of a check from a prep with alignment issues whom I had on the phone in real time dry.gif

Not much else to report. Going to settle in with the kids for the night. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very cozy and warm evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news.

Sounds like yesterday had its ups and downs. Sorry you were yelled at. Just what would the owner who yelled at you want you to do about printing off checks for services rendered? I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I can imagine it could make you feel hesitant about being "proactive" in the future. I hope you will be able to get some helpful guidance on this for future situations.

Not much going on here today. Noah is letting me know that it's definitely time for his lunch, so I will get this off to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Sunny but cold TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I honestly don't know why I would get yelled at for such a thing, but I won't ever do it again. Perhaps they are stressed over the fact that after all that bragging and crowing about how great their customers think they are, this season is going anything but well for them. I guess that's what happens when one rests on one's past laurels and loses sight of reality. The manager and his back up have been going out of their way to ask if I'm doing OK though. So, that's nice I guess.

Travels to and from were reasonably timely. Work itself was about the same as yesterday with the person who was off yesterday really being out today with car trouble. What burns me up about that is she lives in Old Louisville which is just a hop from downtown, so she could easily take the same bus as me. It's not the ritz, but it gets the job done. This being the trend though the manager said just go ahead and come in Monday and take next Saturday off. From what he said, I may be free of Saturdays for the interim. That would be nice.

Neither Theresa or Tang greeted me at the door, and both turned their noses up at can food that I went to great trouble to mix with warm water as I always do to make it more palatable. Perhaps they are upset with me for seeing to cleaning the litter boxes and putting out food for the strays first. Right now, the feeling is mutual dry.gif I guess they feel like I don't do enough for them (sigh)

Anyway, I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad yesterday was better for you at work, and hopefully you won't have many Saturday's to work through the remainder of your assignment. It's nice that the managers extended courtesy to you to make sure you are okay.

It is situations like yesterday evening with your precious Theresa and little Tang, as I have experienced similar ones through the years with my precious companions, that make me wish our companions could talk to us in a common language to tell us what is on their minds, what we could do better / differently for them, what they need, etc. - - instead of us fumbling trying to figure things out. I'm certain beyond all shadow of a doubt that your precious Theresa and little Tang KNOW you are doing everything in your power to take good care of them and provide for them. I hope you and your precious companions were able to enjoy the evening together.

Did another load of laundry this morning which is patiently waiting to be put in the squeaky dryer. Since another series of wintry whatever storms are forecasted for next week I also checked on the propane levels to make sure the tank didn't need a refill - - all is well, and I checked the oil levels in the generator which are still reading "full." So if one of the storms does come through the area and takes out the power I should be okay.

Noah is here on my lap keeping me company as I'm writing to you - - letting me know it's time for his lunch, so I will get this off to you. The only other "project" on the list today is a trek to the mailbox later on.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Theresa, and Tang. I hope you and your fur kids are having a nice and relaxing weekend. Sorry to hear they turned their noses up at the canned food, but if it makes you feel any better my two have turned up their noses at the choicest canned foods, especially Shelley. She is just not into canned food. I had to switch Mindy's canned food to another flavor recently and she seems to like it. It could be that your two crave more variety and would like a different flavor. Just guessing.

It is cold here today and my two little fur babies are happy to have me home with them. They have been so sweet and loving. Mindy is very talkative as usual on a Saturday. Unfortunately she has developed another big, red, itchy bump on her head and I had to put some ointment on her which she didn't like, but she soon forgave me. Poor thing, she has a real problem with acne. Mindy chattered at the seagulls yesterday and crouched low on her windowseat. Shelley just watched and didn't chatter.
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and gray Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad to hear you are prepared for a power outage should one happen, but I hope it does not.

Today started out with some steady snow, but it did not stick. And as the temps rose into the upper 20s/lower 30s, some of the existing snow and ice receded. The parking lot of my apartments is bit more passable now, which has been the most problematic part of my travels to date. This made travels for errands a little less difficult.

Aside from the can food incident, the rest of the evening last night was pleasant enough. At least Theresa and Tang ate their crunchy on the outside, meaty on the inside tartar control treats. Sometimes when they do this though I have to hold off on the can food for a night or two before they want it again. At least they are chomping down on the Iams and drinking plenty of water, which is especially important for Theresa with her blood work numbers a bit elevated for her kidneys.

Not much else happening here. Getting ready to do the evening chores and settle in with the kids. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both has a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom and Happy Caturday to you, your precious Mindy and Shelley. Sorry to hear about Mindy's ongoing skin issues, and hope it gets better soon. I know you are doing everything you can for her.

I can see a wish for variety in Tang's case, but Theresa is very set in her ways. She only wants Friskies pate Ocean Whitefish/Tuna. I have tried just about every other kind to come to this conclusion. Most recently with Tang I tried the tuna filets with gravy in the pouches. He liked them at first, now he just licks the gravy off and leaves the meat huh.gif As I said to moon_beam, about all I know to do these days is back off a night or two on the can food and start up again.

Theresa and Tang did some wildlife watching out the sliding doors to the balcony (too cold to open them) but didn't chatter; although Theresa did pounce the glass a few times happy.gif

I hope you and your girls are well and that you all have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news.

I'm glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday without too much difficulty, and hope your laundry time this morning was completed without any interference so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy the majority of today together.

There is a tribute to The Beatles tonight which I'm not sure if I will watch. As I read the articles on who is performing what, I'm just not sure if I will watch it - - or at least not the entire tribute. I'm so very glad that Olivia and Dhani Harrison were there, and that Dhani performed in tribute to his dad. And I'm also very glad that Yoko and Sean were there for John as well.

Not much on the agenda today. Late yesterday I ran the security updates and scan on the desk top, and decided to give another try to see if the Canon printer would work with the desk top. Lo and behold - - it did without any hesitation - - or frustration. Go figure. I guess the "computer gremlins" were on holiday yesterday.

Noah has had his lunch and mine is in the final stages of warming on the stove, so I will get back to the kitchen. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cool and cloudy (but clearing) Greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad your Canon worked with your desktop, that's good. More of the snow and ice has receded in the parking lot, but temps are supposed to plummet over the next few days, only to rise into the 40s and (maybe) 50s with rain later on. Maybe it wash it all away; good riddance

Laundry went well having both the room and all the machines to myself. I put food out for the waifs during the process which was gone this evening when I went to put out more.

There were plenty of cuddles with Theresa and Tang especially when I got in the bed. Tang started to get up and act all indignant when Theresa hopped up on the other side, but I calmed him down. So I had kitty bookends for an hour or so wub.gif

I saw the advert for the Beatles tribute but didn't watch. I'm a big fan from way back, but the two most talented members are no longer with us.

The kids are on day 2 (after skipping last night) of the can food boycott (sigh) I guess I'll have to put that on hold for a couple of nights. At least they are eating the crunchy outside/meaty inside treats, so they are getting some semblance of moist food. I just don't get it. After all sorts of experimentation of brand, flavor, texture and storage, I thought I'd hit upon the solution. This too shall pass.

Well, time to get things in order around here to settle in and prepare to work tomorrow. No 3 day weekend but I'll take that over having to trudge in there on a Saturday. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Good Sunday Evening to you and furbabies. I went to bed real early last night, this weather and trying to get food in here was getting to me. A guy keeps our driveway cleared, but the ice scrapper truck went down the street and the scrapped ice blocked our driveway. Since it didn't melt we had to call our guy again and he had to chop up the ice to move it. We had a lot of freezing rain one night as well as a lot of snow. Anyway I finally got to the kroger yesterday. Smokey was waiting for me tto come back. He knew he was going to get some good can food. I got Friskies Salmon Pate this time. Tabby1 never came back, but the others are accounted for.

Well, I must go, I have a date with Columbo later tonight. wink.gif Give the furbabies a special pat for me and I hope you all have a warm and cozy evening. I also hope your work week goes well.....God Bless.....TTFN..

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. I was beginning to worry about you folks. I'm glad you are all OK.

I have a feeling Tabby1 has joined Tom, Mickey and the others sad.gif But I'm glad Smokey and the others are still coming to enjoy your gracious hospitality. I have found the snow and ice a barrier to helping my waifs, but I do my best to break through it.

I hope you, hubby, and the menagerie are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur tribe had a peaceful pleasant day yesterday, and that laundry time went smoothly for you.

I did end up watching the tribute to The Beatles last night, and am glad I did. I did not so much enjoy the "artistic license" the performers took with the music, but I watched primarily to see the film clips of the boys, and to see Olivia and Dhani in the audience. The BEST PART of the entire program was when Ringo and Paul took the stage. Ringo has blossomed into a consummate performer all by himself, and it was a joy to have him on drums for a couple of songs he, and Paul, performed. When they performed there was a "magical mystery" transformation that just electrified the audience and the stage. It was difficult not seeing George and John there, but for me, I definitely felt their Spirits when Ringo and Paul took the stage. The Beatles earned this tribute in so many ways, and I am so happy the music industry has recognized this and honored them.

From the forecast predictions for the winter event mid-week it seems this region is definitely in for some "accumulation" this time. This morning I thought I would check out my little snowblower, come to find out it is out of gas, which I hope is why I couldn't get it started (as opposed to something more involved like a clogged carburetor). I do have some gas left over from the summer mowing season, but I had to come back inside to read the manual about the proportions for mixing the gas with the oil. Either later on today or tomorrow I will go back upstairs to the garage and put more fuel in it and hopefully it will start. It is an electric start blower, so that helps with the initial start up. The good news is that temps are supposed to warm up after the storm is over, so this should help with the clearing of the driveway. Fortunately I don't have to go out anywhere this week, so I can take my time clearing whatever needs to be cleared - - be it with the assistance of the snowblower or the old fashioned way with a shovel.

Noah is on the desk keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Will try to send off a couple of e-mails to a couple of friends who have been patiently waiting to hear from me.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold greetings to you and you precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope you don't get dumped on with too much of the white stuff. I hope both your blower and generator are in good working order, but that you have little need of them. I'm glad you enjoyed the Beatles tribute, it sounds like it was quite a show. I know what you mean about the "artistic license" I felt much the same way when Roger Waters (after he split from Pink Floyd) and various artists performed the Wall at the tearing down of the Berlin Wall. Van Morrison's butchering of Comfortably Numb was actually painful blink.gif

Looks like the weather has warmer temps and rain in store for us over the next 10 days; lets hope it clears the rest of the crud out of here. I'm about done with winter dry.gif

I may finally get a break with BO boy. My boss's boss was over there today and I heard him comment about it. That combined with his arguing with the leads when they tell other agents how to fix an issue is definitely not endearing him to management. Otherwise, work was OK. I got lucky and caught the early second bus home tonight for which Theresa and Tang were pleased. I thought about not doing can food as previously posted, but noticed there was so little left in the plastic container, I decided to mix it with a fresh can and they ate it up. We'll see how it goes from here though.

Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad your travels home last night went smoothly so that you could get home earlier to your precious fur tribe. And I'm so glad they had their appetites last night when you gave them the canned food. This is good news indeed.

This morning I bit the bullet and drove to Kroger down the road to get a fresh gallon of gas and mixed the oil in with the gas at the pump. When I got home I put some of the fresh fuel in the snowblower and got it started, for which I am very thankful. I let it run for a few minutes to let the blue smoke from the carburetor clear up and to give the motor a chance to run smooth. So, I think Noah and I are as prepared as we possibly can be. The newest accumulation predictions are between 10 to 12 inches, and possibly more, before the storm is over with come late Thursday. The last time we had a MAJOR snow event was in January 2010. The worst part is going to be clearing the driveway at the street after the snowplows build a dam of snow and ice. That will have to be dealt with using the shovel because my little snowblower is not equipped to handle that.

Otherwise things are chugging along today. My precious Noah is snuggled on my lap wrapped in a soft blanket taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad you were able to get your snow blower in good working order. 10 to 12 inches ohmy.gif Oh my! I will be praying you and Noah are able to weather it OK (no pun intended) I hope you have enough provisions for both of you.

A very different story here though. Warmer temps but bringing with it some rain with the highest likelihood Saturday (isn't that always the way) I think we can both agree that spring can't get here soon enough my friend. But then it will be rain and wind etc. huh.gif

Today's travels home were not as fortunate in getting the earliest bus, but Theresa and Tang were still there to greet me wub.gif And they both ate their can food. Perhaps I was down to the dregs of the last container and it just needed an infusion of freshness. They are settling in with Theresa sidling up to her own special heater happy.gif

As I was taking out the trash and fresh food for the waifs, I saw the little gray kitty making his way to the dumpster, but it just so happened about 5 cars decided that was a good time to pull into the area and scarred him into running the totally wrong way sad.gif Have I mentioned how much I loathe my neighbors lately? I hope he makes his way back to the food.

Not much else happening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cold, now snowing Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm very glad to share your news that your precious fur tribe ate their evening meal with enthusiasm. You are right that sometimes a little "fresh" food can enhance the flavor when added to the leftovers.

The accumulation predictions are holding between 10 to 12 inches of snow for this area. I, too, am glad I was able to get the snowblower working yesterday. When we had our last major snow event in January 2010 I did not have the benefit of my little snowblower then - - as in I could not get it started because the carburetor was clogged with the remains of old fuel mix. Since I was working then I HAD to hand shovel the driveway which was not an easy task. Thank goodness a couple of young men drove by and stopped to help - - without expecting any form of payment, which was nice since I don't keep cash in the house. So, we'll see how things go this time around.

Provisions are fine for both my precious Noah and me through the end of this month, so hopefully this major snow event will be the first and last one of the remaining weeks of winter.

The timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is ready. My precious Noah has had his lunch, and is now settled in front of one of the space heaters which he likes to do from time to time. The snow is coming down quite steadily now. There is a possibility that there may be power outages in the area from this storm. If this area is affected, although I will have power with the emergency generator, I will probably lose internet access until the main power is restored. So if you don't hear from me at some point in time it will be because I don't have internet access.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a tad warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Smiling at him nestled close to the space heater. I know Miss Theresa loves hers. I'm glad you have enough provisions to get through the snow. I hope you don't lose power though.

Travels today were not too bad, only minor delays and the later second bus home again tonight. Both Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door, They ate their can food although I had to trick Tang by opening fresh pouch of the tuna filets and pouring some of the sauce on the can food; Theresa finished it up. Who knew she liked anything but the pate huh.gif I keep trying new ways to get them to eat it.

Work was not as busy as previous days; I guess it wasn't a big fund release day for the IRS. I'm sure it's coming though blink.gif Almost 2 months into the assignment and probably only about 2 or so to go (sigh) I try not to think about that though.

The kids are settling in and it's time to do my evening chores and settle in myself. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, winter wonderland Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad to know your precious companions are eating their food. I know this takes a concern off your mind. Sounds like your precious little girl still has some surprises in store for her daddy - - such as eating the leftovers with the tuna sauce.

It's still snowing outside, sometimes with rain / sleet mixed in. Oh joy - -. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have a chance to begin the process of snow removal for the driveway and around the mailbox. Hopefully the warmer temps this weekend and into next week will do the majority of the work for me. So far we are still on main power, for which I am very thankful.

The snow has spooked Noah a little bit today. He has had his lunch and is snuggled on my lap wrapped in a soft blanket taking his afternoon nap. Did the security update on the desk top earlier and printed off the monthly bank statement in preparation for the "checkbook balance-a-thon" in the next couple of days or so.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Sorry about the snow and its adverse affect on your boy. We have some headed our way tomorrow as well, though not anywhere near what you folks are getting. I hope you are able to get through it with as little fuss as possible.

Today's travels were fair to mid; stopped off at Kroger on the way in for more Iams and can food. Both Theresa and Tang were there when I got in to greet me. They ate their can food with gusto without having to resort to "tricks" Both are settling in for the evening.

Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wrm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny hopefully snow melting Friday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope the weather is treating you kindly in your travels today, my friend. We are forecasted to have a rain / snow mix event tonight and tomorrow.

This morning I ventured forth to begin the task of clearing the driveway. We got at least a foot of snow here at the homestead. This is more than what my little snowblower is equipped to comfortably handle, but with a lot of effort I was able to get 1/4 of the driveway cleared in 1.5 hours. By that time I was at the space where the turn around begins, and I had had enough. The goal is to clear the driveway - - not have a coronary in the process. There is a HUGE ice dam at the street end of the driveway which I am so not looking forward to tackling. I am hoping with all my heart that by the time I get to that area the warmer temps will have made a major impact on it. Hopefully by this time next week I will have the driveway cleared - - and no, I'm not kidding. I haven't tackled trying to clear the porch outside the big basement double door yet, and I know from looking out the window that I can't begin to open the storm door to the single door entrance to clear off the stoop. Fortunately we did not lose power here, but I am ever so glad I have the emergency generator so that if we had lost power I could run the space heaters because if I were limited to the wood stove for emergency heat I would never be able to get wood up to the house because of the depth of the snow, AND the fact that the wood is buried under a foot snow as well. I truly do hope and pray this the ONLY major winter storm we get for the remainder of the winter season.

Noah is stretched out on my lap as I'm writing to you taking a nap. It has been good for him seeing the sunbeams today.

I bet you're glad you don't have to work tomorrow. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cool and wet TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I hope you are both well. That being said, I am SO sorry to hear about all the snow that got dumped on you unsure.gif I can imagine your frustration at trying to get it all cleared with just your little blower. It must have felt like Sisyphus and his boulder. I am praying for you and your little man that this is indeed the last time for the season, and that you do not lose power even though your generator is working (which is a good thing)

Today's travels in were a breeze. It was supposed to rain then snow (2-4 inches) starting around noon. But we kept temps around 40 and the rain didn't start until about 4. Knowing what was coming, I asked if I could leave at 4:30 to catch an earlier bus which I was allowed to do. My plan was to get off the the bus and go to Dollar Tree and Save a Lot by where I live (instead of tomorrow) and get a cab home since it's not even 2 miles away. Well that fell flat when I was on hold with the cab company almost 30 minutes and nobody ever answered huh.gif I looked at the time and realized another Fern Valley (goes close to where I live) bus was due in about 15 minutes. So, with a full back back, 2 cloth sacks full of provisions, and a 14 LB tub of litter I ambled down to the stop, and the driver was kind enough top let me off at the entrance to my apartments. I wish I'd passed on the litter now since I didn't really need it yet, just stocking up. My arms and back are so sore.

But, that means not having to go anywhere tomorrow, Caturday. Me, Theresa and Tang are all happy about that. They are both well by the way. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah (the snow removal not withstanding) and that you both have a very warm and restful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.