Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Today was supposed to be a joyful day off from the rat race. Instead it's been one of gloom and uncertainty. When this "manager" was getting her revenge on me for, frankly, making herself look foolish - did she think about the damage she was doing? The little fur kids that depend on me? If there is justice, karma in this world, one day she just might be at the receiving end of the same kind of petty spite. I am trying not to think too much right now. I'm still in shock (even though I saw it coming - it doesn't help) and sad and numb. All I wanted was to go in and do my job and go home each day. I guess that's either not enough or too much to hope for for some people's tatse. I am truly sad.gif
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...You know the old saying, "what goes around, comes around". Maybe someday she will get hers. Some people just don't care who they hurt or what damage they do........I know you feel bad and I wish there was something I and your friends here could do to help you......I'll keep saying prayers for you and little Tang and Theresa. Try to rest and enjoy your furbabies.......God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I'm doing my best to muddle through. 46 years old and I failed at even being a call center drone. Theresa and Tang deserve a better dad than the loser they have been saddled with sad.gif
larrylinus
Hello Tom's Dad,

Just trying to give a little encouragement. Try to keep your spirits up, I know it can be hard during the holidays. It's weird how the holiday season can make you feel worse. I don't have a spouse or a children. But when I've felt depressed or lonely, I've thought about the 2 little lives that depended on me (just one now). It was a great comfort to know at least the cats are still happy. There is still a full bowl of catfood. There is still a warm bed to sleep in. Its important I think, for a man, for anyone really, to feel needed and useful. Its shocking to think about how much they give us. And that they still love us despite out failings.

Try to be thankful. I know I am having a hard time of it this season. But I still have my cat, Larry. And he still wants his can of food; one in the morning and one in the evening. I am thankful for that.

Best wishes to you, and Tang, and Theresa.

-Daniel.
moon_beam
"Theresa and Tang deserve a better dad than the loser they have been saddled with"

Hi, Tracy, Friday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you well in health.

First of all, may I please try to reassure you that you are NOT a loser. How can you be when you have your precious Theresa's and little Tang's undivided attention and unconditional love? YOU have earned their trust and it is YOU they turn to when they are frightened and need comforting. It is YOU who takes care of their medical needs and feeds them and takes care of them. It is YOU who risks life and limb to rescue your little Tang when he does his aerial circus acts. How can you ever be a loser?????

The loser is the call center, and specifically the supervisor from Hades (your supervisor sounds a lot like mine). I do so understand your apprehension about your financial situation. I have been there more times in my life than not, and it is a real concern that you have. The potentially good news is that you may soon be able to start a new job with the bank. Even though it would be a dollar less per hour in pay - - if you're in a more stable environment than the call center the lack of the extra dollar will not be missed - - mental health is as important as the salary you earn. You and your furkids will adjust to the dollar difference.

You are experiencing what I call an emotional and physical "de-toxification" state from having to work in the toxic atmosphere of the call center. If it's any consolation to you, about a year ago or so I did an on-line interview "personality profile" with a company that hires employees to work for various home-based on-line and call center contractors. I jumped through the hoops and answered the questions honestly - - and was determined "unfit" for the "quality" of contractors they wanted to hire. When all was said and done I was not upset because I had come to the conclusion that they were "unfit" for me.

I do so agree with LoveMyMickey - - what goes around comes around - - and I assure you the "evil supervisor" WILL get her come-uppence eventually. And perhaps somehow you'll hear about it through the grapevine. But the MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOU TO FOCUS ON RIGHT NOW IS ALLOWING YOUR MIND AND BODY TO HEAL FROM THE HORROR OF WORKING IN THE CALL CENTER SO THAT YOU CAN GO INTO A NEW JOB WITH A NEW SPIRIT. I promise you, Tracy, you WILL endure through this, and you and your precious fur tribe will be far better off in the long run. Take this time to enjoy being home with your precious Theresa and little Tang, allowing yourself to heal from the traumatic stress your body and your mind have been under working for the call center.

Tracy, you are a very intelligent young man with a generous heart and spirit, and you are a valued person here sharing your heart and insights with each of us. I personally thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you Daniel, moon_beam

Yes I am blessed to have two such wonderful fur kids like Theresa and Tang. I can only hope Sir Tom really is looking out for us in this time of uncertainty and need. They have both literally been by my side the last few days. Always in the bed with me. Or if I'm on the sofa, Theresa on my chest and Tang right by my head on the extra pillow. The lady at Today's said she was sure she could get me the other job. But even in the description on line (I get them in my email) it said it's only 3 months and who knows when it would start. I can only hope with 7 years experience in banking and check/credit card processing it might turn more permanant. Mean while I have opened my UE claim and hopefully can request that check week after next. I know that as long as I'm working SOMEWHERE I'll be better off in the long run than I was in that "pit" For months I've been having doubts about my future there even had I not been let go. I have a feeling not just that supervisor, but that whole evil company will get what's coming to them. Power companies are almost as bad, if not worse than big oil.

I've been looking over what bills are due, and what's expected to come in. And it is with shame and embarassment that I must accept any offer of assistance that's been offered. I'm proudly independant. But it's not just me but Theresa and Tang I must consider. Especially Tang with his problems. And the wellness plans won't pay for themselves. I checked and my paypal account is still active under t.messmore@insightbb.com from when I was desperate over Tom last year. My humblest thanks to everybody here that's offered so much kindness, compassion and understanding. You are all in my prayers. Peace.

TTT
cat mom
Tracy,
Check your Pay Pal account. If you still find yourself short, let me know.
God Bless you and your fur kids.
Cat Mom (Carol)
Tom's Dad
Carol-

What can I even say? Thank you seems too inadequate for your generousity! You have taken a huge weight off of me and my babies. I never knew that there were such kind and decent people in the world until I joined LS. Maybe one has to know the joy of being a pet parent in order to understand such goodwill. That being the case, I fully intend to "pay it forward" at my earliest opportunity. God bless you.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. And thank you for sharing with us your PayPal account.

I share your sentiments about your ex-employer regarding my employer, and it's not just me that perceives my employer as an "evil force" in the community and region. My employer has taken the attitude that it doesn't give a whit as to how it is perceived by the community at large and by the patients who come through its for medical care. As for my particular department, if I needed home health again I would NOT engage the services of the clinical staff. Every day I go there I truly feel like I'm selling a part of my soul to the devil. History has proven over and over again that any organization, political leader, etc., who sets itself or him / her self ABOVE the actions of common decency WILL eventually implode -- self-destruct. I for one am THRILLED that you are no longer there in that toxic environment, and that you have the prospects of hopefully BETTER employment in the near future. Don't look down the road about the position being "seasonal" or "temporary" - - yet. The first line of business is to BEGIN your employment.

I have an opportunity to see my nephew today, so I may not be able to check in with you until tomorrow. My nephew is a delightful young man who worked very hard to earn his PhD's in literature to teach at the college level. He has YET to receive a permanent teaching position. He has been sustaining himself on yearly contracts with universities who invite him for "guest professorship" positions. He gets requested for interviews with the universities well aware of his excellent standing with his colleagues and students, yet others are selected. He is invited by many literary organizations to provide speaking engagements, but no tenure positions have come his way. It has been at least 10 years since he received his final Doctorate.

Tracy, I hope this Caturday will be a peaceful one for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news and your cherished memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. Rest assurred your beloved Tom IS keeping a loving watch over you and his sister and brother.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

At least your company is honest enough to pretty much say they don't care. LG&E/KU goes to great lengths to look like a "caring pillar of the community" Like many evil entities, for them the thrill and kick is "getting away with it" For what it's worth, though, neither the local media or general public buys their act for a moment. Add to the fact that the parent company (PPL) has decided all people will be direct hires has shown how woefully inadequate and out of practice their HR really is. Most of the people I've seen paraded through there will be gone in a few months from the look of them.

I'm gald you are getting to see your nephew and hope he gets the permanant position he deserves soon. Today I was very frugal and took the bus both ways to the store, got only what we needed and I could carry home in my cart. And even that was quite light. Still, I'd forgotten what a physical chore that all can be. Caturday started out OK with fair weather that I decided balcony time was in order, if short lived. Not 10 minutes after I opened the doors did I hear a loud crash. I rushed to the balcony to see Tang clumsily pulling himself through the railings to the inside of the deck. At that point it was pretty much "Everybody - OUT OF THE POOL" Which they did as Theresa glared at Tang as if to say "You ruined it!" Now he is "pouting" in the kitchen pawing open the cabinets and letting them slam shut. His version of a temper tantrum.

I want to say again how grateful I am to you, cat mom, LoveMyMickey, leejaye and all the other wonderful people here on LS. God belss you all!

TTT
cat mom
Hi Tracy,
You are so welcome. I am glad that you now have some of the stress lifted from you and you can breathe a little easier for awhile. When it comes time to "pay it forward", the help you offer to someone else might not even be financial. Perhaps you might meet someone who just needs a friend to talk to, or someone might need help with some chores....you will know when the opportunity presents itself.
People have helped me in the past, and I have so many people watching over me now, helping me get through this hell that I am stuck in with my husband's passing. I guess this is my way of paying forward all the kindness that is being shown to me from my friends and from all of those here on L/S that helped me get through the passing of Zilla last year.
About two weeks ago, I bought a coat at a thrift store. I had been looking for a coat like that, and it was practically new, and the size and color was just what I wanted - it's like I picked it new off a store rack. Anyway, when the doctors finally confronted me with the fact that my husband would most likely die in a few days, I was in such despair that I had to flee outside and find a private place to break down. I put on my new coat and went out to the serenity garden at the hospital.
While sitting on one of the benches, I put my hand deep into the right hand pocket, and I found a little gold angel lapel pin, and a calmness settled over me. It felt like it was a sign that someone up there was watching over me, and things would be OK, that I would be OK. My husband's passing was mercifully fast and peaceful, so maybe my little angel helped him to move on as gently as possible.

Peace and blessings to you, Tracy
Carol
Tom's Dad
Thank you again cat mom

What a touching story about the coat and the angel pin you found inside it. I do believe there was an angelic presence for you in that garden. It may very well have been your sweet Zilla to comfort you. I say this because I beleive Sir Thomas has become my guardian angel. I have felt his presence many times. As have Theresa and Tang. Once again, I want to offer my humblest thanks for your kindness and deep condolences on the loss of your husband. I hope Zilla continues to watch over you and Tank and Boomer. Peace and blessings my friend.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Noah and I are sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our Sunday afternoon greetings. I hope this finds each of you doing well this day.

I am always glad to get home to my precious Noah, and yesterday evening was no exception. The good part about yesterday was being able to my nephew again for a few hours.

I hope life is treating you and your precious furkids kindly today. I am so sorry that your adventureous little Tang once again found himself in a very precarious situation during balcony time yesterday. I must confess my heart went into my throat when you described him pulling himself back onto the balcony. I hope if you permit balcony time today that your little Tang will be contented to enjoy the time and forego the acrobatics.

Noah's tummy is like an alarm clock - - he knows when it's time to be fed. This morning was no different - - up at 6-ish something to give him his breakfast and fresh water in a clean water bowl, and then back to bed for a snooze and snuggle. We slept in until around 11 -- and it felt so o o o o good. And here it is after 1 pm. I think it's time to start getting some lunch for the both of us. Noah had breakfast - - but lunch will be my first feeding.

Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It has rained all day and does not show any sign of stopping. So, no balcony time. Someting odd happened while doing laundry early this morning. As I was putting my loads in the washers a strange man came in. At first, I thought great there goes having the room to myself - what's the point of getting up at 4:00 AM? But no. All he had was a small duffle bag and a bag of White Castle which he proceeded to devour. He was in there all the way through my pulling what I hang to dry out of the dryer. Clearly he didn't live here (else why not just go to his apartment) and I felt a tad unsafe. I had thought about going back to my apartment and reporting to the police. But something inside me thought about being charitable and paying it forward, etc. So, I didn't. Last I saw him he was walking toward the end of the property that dead ends at the highway. There is only one way in or out of the complex. But, I guess one would have to live here to know that. I remember thinking what if, for what ever reason, he had no place else to go and just wanted out of the rain for a while? I guess I'm not very good at inperpreting "signs" but I think I'm glad I kept silent on the matter.

Theresa and Tang are well and remain close to me at all times (feline suicide watch? - sorry, just kidding) I'm still depressed and dark humor comes more easily in these times. I can't help but thinking one step forward, two steps back is the recurring theme of my entire life. I lamented about being 46 and a call center drone. Now, I'm 46 and unemployed. I have no idea what the future will hold and try not to think about it. But I know that soon enough I will have to for Theresa and Tang's sake. Speaking of Tang. He's found a new "spot" The alluminum papasan chair that was always Tom's favorite. Even Theresa has steered clear of it after Tom passed. I don't know what to make of it, but as long as he's happy. Peace, TTFN and pats to Noah.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending Monday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well. It's always a blessing logging on and sharing your news.

I believe you did the right thing in not reporting the "traveler" to the police. Like you I also think he was looking for a temporary safe haven from the elements. Perhaps he had lived in one of the apartments at some point in time - - or in his travels he figured out the "path" in and out of the complex, and felt the laundry room would be the safetest and warmest place for him to visit without posing a threat to any of the residents. Still I understand your uneasiness, but am so glad it worked out for the both of you.

Tomorrow morning I am scheduled to have my annual evaluation - - so I may be joining you in the ranks of unemployment. While it would be financially "inconvenient" at this time, there is a part of me that would not be too upset. I'll find out soon enough.

We got some light rain during the night last night and have had mostly cloudy skies today. Steady rain is forecasted for tonight into tomorrow with a flash flood watch for some of the region and the potential for some snow in the western mountain slopes as the temperatures fall. I am SO GLAD I am not in the western mountain slope terrain.

My friend, - - one day at a time. Enjoy this time with your precious Theresa and little Tang. Since none of us know what the future holds - - and that includes from one moment to the next - - it is important to try to keep focused on what is important in our lives, what brings purpose to us. I know your precious Theresa and little Tang are the lights of your life, as you are the light of their lives.

I hope today has been kind to you and your furkids, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It literally rained all day here, and still is. I called Today's today and got a bit of the brush off. I was told the man that goes to collect people's personal things after getting the axe won't be out that way until the middle to end of this week. I didn't want to get out in this weather anyway. I asked about the other job in a round about way and was only told "nothing today" Perhaps it's too soon to tell. It is the first business day after a holiday after all. I know I should be enjoying the time off, but I just can't. If I knew that I had another job lined up as well as UE for time I have been off, then maybe I could. But I don't. Yeah the odds are favorable, but I don't "know" for sure yet.

Theresa and Tang are the lights of my life yes. But I just can't seem to break out of this depression. I just hope God decides to throw me another proverbial bone, so I can at least continue to provide for them and me. Give Noah a pat for me. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this Tuesday evening. It is always a blessing logging in and sharing your news.

When uncertain times are the focus in our lives it is a challenge to feel any form of confidence or hope that things will indeed get better. The question looms how long will it be until things show any sign of getting better. I am so very sorry you are going through this, my friend. I truly wish there was something truly tangible that I could do for you - - which would be to give you a meaningful good paying job today -- but I do not possess that power. All I can do is share this journey with you, my friend, and offer you sincere encouragement.

I had my evaluation today. For the moment I am still employed. There were some tense moments when I called the office supervisor's evaluation comments into question. Nothing new just the same assault on my "personality." She asked me why don't I just quit, and our discussion went forward from there. Several weeks ago I had put in an application for a position with the local social service department, but heard nothing all this time. After I got home I got a telephone call requesting me to come in for an interview next week. Timing? A reason to hope? Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I really could use a POSITVE change of employment right about now.

Noah is doing well. He is doing his dinner dance on the computer table as I'm writing to you, so I need to get this sent off to you. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Good luck with your interview. You deserve a positive change. Your "supervisor" sounds about like the one I had. One can only hope these people will receive an object lesson in the error of their attitudes. The weather here is no better and is supposed to mix with some snow torrow. joy. I received a booklet and insert from the UE office about all the hoops I'm supposed to jump through. But no notification on how much and all that - I had received that long before when I tried to apply for partial. I hope I get something soon - I may just call.

Not really feeling any better about myself today. Theresa and Tang are doing their best to make me feel better. Just a moment ago Tang was over here giving me nuzzles and kisses. But it's probably just time for fresh food and water (sigh) Thank you as always for your kind words. Pats to Noah. Peace

TTT
Tom's Dad
Today was a little better. I got home from running a few errands and there was a voice message on my phone from Today's. I have an interview at Republic Bank next week. Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll need it. Now, if I can nail that and get paid by UE for the time I've been off (can claim my first check next week supposedly) I'll be on the way to being "OK" again - assuming that's possible. Theresa and Tang are well and doing their best to lift my spirits. They are a blessing. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. It's always a blessing logging in to share your news. Sorry I missed logging in yesterday - - was just a bit overwhelmed from things at work and needed some time to get caught up with myself.

CONGRATULATIONS on your interview scheduled for next week!!! This is very good news. I wish you EVERY GOOD THING AND SUCCESS in getting this position, Tracy. I know getting this job will be a blessing to you and your precious fur tribe. I promise you, Tracy, you will be okay from this experience. It may always be a lingering bad memory through the course of time, but it will be a memory that you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of yourself for enduring through and overcoming. The victory is yours, Tracy. So hold your head high with dignity.

I'm taking a couple of days off from the pit -- accrued use or lose paid time off, and it feels so good not to be home with my little Noah. I had a routine dental check up scheduled for this morning and so that's done with for another 6 months.

Tracy, I hope today is being a good one for you and your precious fur tribe. Thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam for letting us know how you are doing. Paid time off is a wonderful thing. Not so much when things are uncertain. Thanks for the good luck wishes, I really do need to get working again. I'm also hopeful my UE benefits will not be held up. I didn't quit or commit "misconduct" as far as I know so I hope it won't. I don't know how much pride or dignity (if any at all) I have left, but thank you.

Cleaning Tang's ear has been a bit more of a chore lately as he's managed to get some gunk in his fur of the outer ear area. I tried pulling it off but he yelped. I tried the trimmer part of my electric razor but that didn't work out. Since I don't have any surgical scissors I just took some gauze and cleaner and cleaned it up best I can. Hopefully it will grow out enough to be pulled or cut off. Better in the fur than the ear I guess (sigh)

Hope all is well with you and Noah - peace

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I haven't forgotten you and your furbabies. I've been trying to get some house cleaning done since Thanksgiving and getting rid of some junky stuff. When a person has a basement, things can really accumulate. I've also been doing some Christmas shopping online, trying to catch the sales.

Tracy, I do hope and pray things will get better for you. Please don't get too discouraged, I feel things will work out for the best. I hope you can get the UE without any problems. Years ago we have been there and done that.

I hope little Tang's ear gets better. I know it's a pain to clean pet's ears......Our little Blackie hangs around on the carport more and eats all the time, but won't come inside the house. We put some rugs out there for him/her to lay on. He does go other places, so I don't know how long he will make it. He/she looks like a young cat.

Take care my friend and give little Teresa and Tang a special pat for me......You all are in my thoughts and prayers.....God Bless...TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I hope you are right and all turns out well. I think that anything other than what I was doing will be an improvement. It was not call center environment that was so toxic. It was being in a call center for a public utility that was woefully understaffed (ie. 30-100 calls in queue and any given time) dealing with people having to pay for something they need but just don't want to pay for. Plus the fact that LG&E is as crooked as the day is long in August didn't help.

I'm glad "Blackie" continues to come around for food. I still have not given up hope he will learn to trust you enough to let you take him in. It sounds like he's led a hard life and deserves a break. I'm sending prayers to Tom to whisper coaxing in his ear as he did for Tang. Peace an TTFN

TTTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well.

I hope little Tang's ear is doing okay. I'm chuckling about your attempts to clean his fur. Noah is fussy too when I try to "spot clean" a sticky patch in his fur after he's been up on the counter - - where he knows he's not supposed to be. I usually have to wait until his fur grows out a bit and then I can pull the clumpy mess out and leave the fresh fur in its place. Sometimes he will let me brush it out.

I know so well what you wrote to LoveMyMickey about the problem not being the job itself but with the toxic atmosphere of and the total lack of support to do the job. I am so o o hoping and praying that your interview will go well this coming Wednesday and that you will be offered the job on the spot. I would so love this to happen for you, Tracy.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

It was about the same tonight. But I'm sure the vet will have the proper tools to deal with it tomorrow. The nurse said it's about time for Theresa, but she's been doing well and I don't think I could get them both in the one carrier. So she will have to wait a bit which seems all too familair (sigh) Sometimes I wonder if I'm short changing her because she does not seem to be in as much need. I too hope I get the job. Right now all I can do is hope and try to think positive. Thanks as always for your kind words, pats for Noah. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, just checking in before I shut down this techno whiz gizmo for the night. It's always a blessing logging in to get caught up on you, your precious Theresa and little Tang's news.

Hmmmm -- - Theresa feeling short-changed??? From my experience with multiple furkids I think your precious Theresa is more likely saying to herself, "better Tang than me going into that crate". And little Tang is probably saying, "why is it always ME going into this crate!!!!" There is no doubt in my mind that you are NOT overlooking your precious little girl. You are taking the very best care of your precious furkids, Tracy, and I know you will get your little girl in for her check up just as soon as you can.

I hope your and your little Tang's travels tomorrow will be uneventful, and that the vet will be able to offer you encouragement in your care of Tang's ear. I hope you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The vet visit went fine - faster than usual for a drop off. The tumor has gotten a little bigger, but no need to operate yet. And no infections. They said just keep cleaning and using the tresiderm. When picking up the carrier this morning, Theresa uncovered a new (well, old) toy that they have proceeded to fight over. I dug around and found a catnip mouse to try to make things equal. Not 5 minutes later Theresa was in the bedroom "telling" on Tang. Sure enough the little devil was playing with BOTH toys at the same time. (sigh) Other than that the day has been uneventful. I'm tired with the usual aches and pains and am going to lay down for a while. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well. Thank you so much for sharing with us your news and how your little Tang's check up went. Sounds like you got a lot of good news today -- no need for surgery yet and no infection. And I'm sure little Tang appreciates the good news as well.

I am so chuckling about the toys - - furkids will be furkids. I know you lovingly said to your precious Theresa that everything will be okay and encouraged your little Tang to share with his sister.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe are being able to enjoy a very relaxing afternoon, and that you will have a very peaceful and blissful evening. Thank you so very much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and that I look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad about Tang being as OK as can be expected. I asked about the scratching and head shaking and the vet said it's just habit at this point. But not to worry it's NOT infected. It's been a pretty uneventful Caturday. Getting nightly chores done so I can go to bed and get up at 4:00 (yawn) to do laundry. Hope you and Noah are doing well. Peace and TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Just stopping by to say hello and glad your all's Caturday went well. I'm glad no infection or surgery for Tang. Like moon_beam, I had to laugh about the toys.....When I fed Blackie tonight I stood real still and he rubbed my leg before he started eating. My husband feeds him in the mornings and he always rubs his leg and sometimes smacks at his leg. I think he has been a little scared of me because he hissed at me awhile back and it scared me, so I hissed right back pretty loud. biggrin.gif

There was a man in Kroger yesterday picking up canned cat food as I was. He said he was feeding a stray and the cat was all he had, sounded kind of sad. Several people we've heard about take care of the strays. Probably better than taking them to the local humane society. They get a lot of bad publicity.

Tracy, I hope you, Tang, and Theresa have a snuggly evening. Okay Mr. Tang, if you get out on that balcony tomorrow, no circus acts, okay?

You all are always in my thoughts and prayers and I'm always thinking of Angel Tom. I bet he and Angel Mickey are friends, running and playing....

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

I know how that man in Kroger feels. Theresa and Tang are all I have outside of the wonderful people on here. And actually I am kind of OK with that. Like that man probably has discovered humans (myself included) are incapable of unconditional love. It warms may heart to know you are helping Blackie. Remember, hisses are more a fear response than agression, espsecially toward humans (look how much bigger than them we are) The swatting? Well, if he's like Tang that's a kind of affection/attention getter/ As if to say "You have not been dismissed" I hope you have a restful wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Good Sunday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your furkids doing well. Hopefully by now you have your laundry done and are enjoying a Sunday morning snuggle with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

I'm smiling about the "swats" - - my Eli was a swatter as well. Sometimes I thought he might have been a tennis player, or badmitten or ping pong champion in a previous life, and was keeping up his skill in his feline life.

Today will be a low key day here with my little Noah - - before having to go back into the pit tomorrow which I am definitely NOT looking forward to. Which is why I must stay focused on the blessing of being home today with my little Noah.

I hope today will be a peaaceful one for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, my friend. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...I hope you and furbabies had a peaceful day. The rain is on its way, looks like we'll get plenty. Better rain than snow in my opinion. Little Blackie didn't show up all day. That usually happens on the weekends. He's either out partying or he belongs to somebody that keeps him in during the weekends. I agree about the smacking, one day my husband was coming back in the house and Blackie smacked him twice on the leg as if to say, don't go........I agree too, about some people are okay to live alone, but that man sounded so sad.......I am that kind of person too, that I could live alone and be okay. I might have to find me another little Mickey though. smile.gif Or a little Blackie....

Have a good evening Tracy, and lots of good luck on your interview next week. I pray that everything will get better for you....Give sweet furbabies a special pat for me.....TTFN...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and LoveMyMickey

It's pretty much been a gray and rainy day here. Good napping weather. But, as I get older I find I can no longer take amazingly long naps (sigh) Laudry was depressingly simple with no work clothes to wash sad.gif At least I had the room to myself the entire time. Two more days to the bank interview (wish me luck) I'll need to get with the insurance company to see what I can do about the gap - perhaps I'll just go to the doctor tomorrow while I still can. About the swatting. Tang does this cute thing with his front paws when I'm petting him on his side - he curls them up into little balls, then stretches them back out again. It's adorable. Not much else to report. Just feeling a bit sad and tired. Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Monday evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well.

I hope you were able to see your doctor today and will not encounter all hassles from insurance provider(s) to assist you with coverage. I hope your doctor was able to offer you the proper assistance you needed today.

Thank you so much for sharing your little Tang's expressive paws. He truly enjoys the touch of his dad, as I know your precious Theresa does too.

Tracy, you are close in my thoughts and prayers that your interview on Wednesday will go well and that YOU will get this job. I would understand it if you are feeling nervous and apprehensive about the interview. It is important for you to remember that YOU are highly qualified for this job. I will look forward to sharing your news as to how your interview goes on Wednesday.

The news here is that I survived the pit today, and the best news of all is that I am now home with my precious Noah. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow will be a good one. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I never did get out today as the rain was nonstop sad.gif Perhaps tomorrow. Thanks for the good luck wishes on the job, I'm sure I'll need it. Tomorrow I'm supposed to call in my first 2 week check for UE. I've received no letters or calls that there is any dispute, so hopefully I'll get that about the end of the week. I did have a nice fur kid moment a little while ago. Theresa was on my chest, and Tang jumped up on the back of the couch. I (we) were watching the movie Fluke when Theresa decided she needed to be elsewhere for what ever reason (jealousy?) Tang came down and laid on my chest and purred while I petted him and finshed the movie. I hope you and Noah are doing well. Peace and TTFN

TTT
leejaye
Hi Tracy, I haven't been able to get on here for a while, but I have been thinking about you and the furkids a lot, trying to send you some good energy in this hard world - I have everything crossed for your interview, and have asked Purszi to keep his toes and tail crossed too! It's wonderful how the furkids know what we need in a way humans rarely do, I am so glad you have the lovely Theresa and acrobat Tang to remind you that you are a person who is valued and loved, please take care my friend, I will be back as soon as i can, you are never far from our thoughts, Leejaye and Purszival
Tom's Dad
Thanks leejaye for the well wishes. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed too. Pats for Purzi
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this rainy Tuesday. I hope this finds each of you doing well. It's always a blessing logging in to share your news.

Tracy, once again I am sending my thoughts and prayers your way that all will go well with your interview tomorrow. My interview is tomorrow after I leave the pit for the day. I"m not sure that is the best time for an interview, so please keep me close in your thoughts and prayers, too.

Today was the office "Christmas party". Several months ago my supervisor informed me that I would not be welcome at the staff meeting lunches unless I took paid time off or worked extra hours to cover the time - - and she informed me that this would include everything including the Christmas party. Today I e-mailed both the clinical team leader and supervisor to let me know when the staff meeting was so that I would be there for that mandated attendance. The clinical team leader told me that I would be welcome at the Christmas party, and I told her that I was not going to risk being docked for time to participate in an event that I am not authorized to attend (mind you, I am the ONLY EMPLOYEE in the office who is not authorized to participate). She said that it would be a "gift to me" and I told her only if I get permission in writing. About an hour later the supervisor sent me an e-mail "authorizing my attendance" at the Christmas party with full pay. I am so hoping that the both of us will be successful in our interviews tomorrow.

It is a blessing being home with my little Noah, as I know you are blessed being home with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope that today is being kind to you and your fur family, my frieind. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I am certainly keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for your interview tomorrow. I am so sorry you have to work in such a thoughtless demeaning environment. You deserve better. I went to my doctor today as the pain moved into my bicep and forearm, hoping she would RX a muscle relaxant like the clinic doctor did, but no dice sad.gif Guess I'll just have to tough it out with the indomethicine I have and OTC. I did find out from my insurance that I'm good as far as they know until I am notified - I can pay the deductions myself but she strongly hinted I had some leeway time to do that. With luck I may slide through if I get the job. I filed for my UE check by automated phone this norning but messed up on reporting my two days of earnings the first time around and it hung up. I called back and went all the way through - but I have a feeling I'm going to be sitting a long time in the local UE office to get it straightened out (sigh) Theresa and Tang are both well. Hoping you and Noah are the same - Peace and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang this soggy Wednesday evening from Noah and me. I hope this finds each of you doing well, and that your interview went so very well that you are now anticipating a date to begin your new job. I do so very much hope so.

I'm so glad you had a chance to see your doctor yesterday, and hope the combination of meds and OTC's will help with the pain you're having. Chronic pain can be debilitating as it drains the body and spirit of energy it could be using for more positive activities. From personal experience I'm sure the rainy damp weather is not any help. And I do hope and pray that all works out okay with your UE check. I would hate for you to have to go to the UE office to go through THAT hassle.

Sadly my interview did not go well at all. It was in front of a panel - - NOT with the person who called me to arrange the interview. I was supposed to receive a letter confirming the interview and the location where the interview would be held, but as of today's mail delivery I have yet to receive it. I called the person yesterday who contacted me for the interview to find out where I was supposed to go and never got a call back. So - - I went to the place where the resume was mailed - - wrong place. Instructed that I needed to go to another location - - but was never given specific directions - - got lost - - had to call the main number in route to get specific directions -- ended up being 10 minutes late. And the interview itself was painful. It's a new position so the people who were doing the interviewing today didn't have a clue about what the position was about - - they were only weeding out the "undesirables." A second level interview is suposed to be sheduled in the next couple of weeks - - guess I can kiss THAT opportunity good-bye. So - - it looks like I'm still stuck in the venomous snake pit where I work now for awhile longer. This is aggravating, frustrating, and a tad bit depressing.

There is another older employee in the office who is also experiencing a lot of harassment from the office manager. And it doesn't seem to be limited to the department I'm working in. I have a friend - - also an older employee - - who is an office worker in the outpatient rehab department who is also a constant target of "why don't you just quit" mentality.

The BEST part of this day i now being home with my precious Noah, and that there are only two days left in the pit to get through.

Tracy, I do hope and pray that life is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly today, and that you are CELEBRATING the opportunity for a new job in a place that will provide you a more positive work experience. I thank you, Tracy, for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm sorry you had such a hard time with the interview. Did it really go that badly? I know the feeling about them not having a clue - that's how it was when I interviewed at Software in 2008. In fact, I was not even the first choice. It's just that person was smart enough to tell those clowns no thank you. Are sure you won't get another interview. I'm hoping that you do beacuse I know how unhappy you are where you are at.

My day actually went pretty well with all I had to do. I was early for the interview which I feel (hope) went pretty well. She seemed to focus on my banking an team lead experience. She said to expect to hear by the end of the week. From there, the main UE office was on the way to the bus to Today's to get the drug screen form. I was in and out in about 10 minutes - the check should be released over night. There was a Labcorp a block from my bus stop home, and I was in and out of there too. So except for this horrible pain it was a pretty good day. Tomorrow I'm going to call my dr and beg for a muscle relaxant if I have to. I know from my neck and shoulder exp. that should do the trick.

I'm sorry to hear about your having to deal with such ignorant small minded people sad.gif I hope it gets better for you. I'm glad you are home with your precious Noah (pats for him) I'll keep you and him in my thoughts and prayers. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I'm sorry you're in such discomfort, and hope that your doctor tomorrow will give you the meds you need to get control of the pain.

I am THRILLED to know that you had a good interview and that your visits to the UE and lab offices went smoothly. This is very good news, and I am so o o keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will get THE GOOD NEWS by Friday at the latest that you have a new job.

Sadly, yes, the entire process really went very badly. Last night I began to have an uneasy feeling about it when I did not receive a call back letting me know where the interview was to be held. Let's just say I would be totally stunned if I was called back for the second interview - - so as far as I am concerned it's a total write off with today's fiasco. There is no hope for things to improve for me in the venomous snake pit - - 12 years of hoping and wishing has proven that. My focus has to be on getting out of there in a way that is beneficial for me. Just exactly how that's going to work out I have no idea yet - - but it obviously is not going to be as a result of today's interview.

I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that you will be able to get some relief from the pain in your neck and shoulder. I thank you, Tracy, for your cherished friendship, and that of your precious furkids. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I went to the dr today and got rx for muscle relaxant - hopefully that will do the trick like it did last time. I'm also sorry to hear that your interview didn't go so well. From personal experience I honestly don't know what's worse: A toxic wok environment or no work at all. I know I'm not going to be able to get by on UE. Going to be hard enough on 1.00 less per hour. And that's IF I get the job. So until I hear that I do, I'm going to hold off on being thrilled myself. But you may feel free to keep the thoughts and prayers coming, as I will for you. I hope your day in the pit isn't TOO awful. Take care my friend. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious fur family doing well. It is always a blessing logging in to share you news.

I'm so glad you were able to get the prescription for a muscle relaxant added to your arsenal to help with pain relief. I truly do hope and pray that it will help you along with your other meds.

I truly am sorry that you are looking at having to take a cut in hourly pay. I do understand how every penny counts with meeting financial needs - - and that's just the basics. I am hoping though that your hourly wage will have the hope of being increased after about 6 months on the job instead of having to wait a full year. I am hoping and praying with all my heart and strength that you will get the GOOD WORD by tomorrow at the latest that you have been selected for the job. The fact that they had you stop by the lab for pre-employment testing is a hopeful indicator that you are being seriously considered for the position.

Neither situation is really acceptable - - contending with a toxic work environment and / or unemployment. Both devastate the spirit, and are humiliating. I am appalled at how people who have been unemployed for months, and in some cases years, are being treated by prospective employers because of the political manipulation of jobs in this country. I hope and pray with all my heart that YOU, Tracy, do not fall victim to the political statistics.

Another day in the pit has been survived, and I am home now with my precious Noah. Just one more day to get through until another weekend of freedom arrives.

It is quite a bit coolish here on the eastern side of the Appalachian / Blue Ridge Mountains. Several days of sunny skies are on the horizon. I am so glad Noah and me have not been in the "snow belt" activity, and hope this remains for the rest of the winter.

I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, Tracy. I thank you for the blesisng of your friendship, and of your precious fur tribe. Please know you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The jury is still out on whether or not the meds are doing any good. Have to wait and see. I'm glad your time in the pit is over for the day and you can enjoy the comfort of your precious Noah. I heard nothing today about the job, but am still crossing my fingers, so to speak. Like you said, I'm not getting ahead of myself. It's only guaranteed for 3 months. So just getting the job is the important thing right now. Sorry to cut this short, but my arm is really hurting and it' s hard to type. Blessings to you and Noah

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, I am so sorry that the new med is taking its time in helping to relieve the pain in your arm. It's best to give your arm rest from activity as much as possible. You need to focus on using it for more important things like cuddling with your precious Theresa and little Tang, cleaning little Tang's ear, feeding your precious furkids, etc..

Although the initial contract may be for 3 months, I'm hoping that it will turn into an indefinite long-term assignment for you. As you say the most important thing at the moment is to get the job. It takes time for the HR department to get the results of the lab tests, so it probably would have been a "miracle" if you had heard anything today - - since yesterday after your interview was when you stopped by the lab. I know how unsettling this is for you, my friend, and how the tension and stress of waiting can become very unbearable. I am anxiously waiting with you, my friend.

I hope your arm will begin to feel better, my friend, so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful and pain free evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The arm is better somewhat, but slow going. Whether or not I get the job is not soley dependant in the drug screen. The lady I interviewed with said I should hear back no later than today if I got the job, which I have not. I sent an email to the lady at Today's inquiring, but am not very hopeful. I probably should have down played some of my experience (i.e. been a team lead before) as it has proven more hinderance than help in the past. In other words, I was viewed as a possible threat or competition to the interviewer rather than an asset. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job for that or any number of other reasons. I really do not know what I'm going to do now sad.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, first Noah and I are sending you, your precious Theresa and little Tang our Friday evening greetings. I am so sorry you did not hear about the job today. I truly was sending all my thoughts and prayers and best wishes your way. I hope you hear from Today's with another prospect of employment. I so wish you were not having to go through this, my friend. I know how upsetting this is.

I'm glad your arm is feeling a tad bit better, and hope that it will continue to improve with the neds. Stress will affect the effectiveness of medication, and there is no denying you are definitely under stress. I am so sorry you are having to go through another weekend waiting.

The news here is that it is Friday and I am home now with my little Noah for the weekend. He is anxiously awaiting his dinner, doing his dinner dance in front of the computer screen as I'm writing to you. He is my precious little boy.

Tracy, I know today has been a horrible disappointment - - to put it mildly. Still, I hope somehow you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will be able to have a peaceful evening and a decent weekend. I know it's hard to feel thankful when you're looking around and seeing people having what you need - - specifically a job. I'm hoping and praying that the folks at Today's will be able to help you obtain gainful employment very soon.

Thank you so much, Tracy, for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
thank you moon_beam

yes, it was disappointing. Also now my right arm hurts. Perhaps you are right and it's stress. I checked the mail and UE check didn't come, but the lady at the office said it was released so hopefully soon. I never did get a reply to my email to Today's - I suppose I can hope as I've seen a few other agencies online advertising the same job (one said 50 openings) But I'm not going to hold my breath. I seriously doubt the agency will come thru with anything else...

Glad you are home with your precious Noah - Theresa and Tang are both doing well. Which is good because right now they are all that's keeping me alive. Speaking of which I'm going to attend to the food and water bowls. Peace and TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.