Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes rainy Wednesday evening greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were spared the wintry mix stuff for your commute - - and that includes the walking part as well to get to your bus connections.

Today has been spent working on the computer continuing with the printing project for my tax preparer. I have run out of ink so I have ordered a combo ink package that is a "substitute" for the "original" HP cartridges. They received a good review for the most part, so we'll see how it goes. Yes, he is paying me for the job, including supplies that I need to purchase for it.

While I was waiting for the copies to print I started working on the shred box. Have about a quarter of the shred box done, but that's better than when I started this morning. I cannot believe how fast the junk mail collects.

Noah let me know when it was time to take a break for lunch, - - he is soooo precious. His tummy is content and he is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I got an e-mail notice that my February bank statement is ready to access, so before I shut down my desk top for the day I do want to go onto the website to print off the statement and payment verifications for receipts that I will need for tax purposes. That will be done so that this weekend I can then focus on the monthly challenge of reconciling the checkbook to the bank statement. Oh fun.

I also checked on the status of Noah's food order and much to my surprise it should be received tomorrow, as it is now at the UPS dock in Roanoke. That was fast.

Still have the lunch dishes to do, so I best be getting started on the chores. I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Greetings to you and Noah as well. I didn't have any wintery mix last night. But late this morning it looked like a blizzard outside at work. But the temps stayed warm enough that it didn't stick to anything but grass and cars. As it's heated up to over 40 even that's all gone now. I can not even tell it snowed.

I'm glad you are being compensated for your printing work; I hope the new cartridges work to your satisfaction. I am chuckling at Noah reminding you it's time to eat. I know that one all to well. Theresa and Tang are doing OK. I was worried about Tang not wanting his can food for a couple days. But I discovered that by mixing in a teaspoon or so of hot/warm water heats it nicely for him and he's back to having his and finishing off Theresa's left overs.

Not much else going on here. Time to start heading out for home to the fur kids. It's sunny and about 40ish now. So I hope that will make for a decent commute. I hope you and your precious Noah have had a good day together and that you have a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this very sunny Thursday. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad the wintry scene was gone by the time you headed home yesterday so that your travels were not impacted. And I'm glad that your precious Tang has resumed eating his canned food. Seems your precious boy has very specific preferences for his food - - such as being warmed before being served. This is so cute. However, I can understand your concern when he becomes "finicky" - - because he can't tell you WHY he's not eating. I'm so glad adding warm water to his serving was the "easy fix" he needed.

It was a busy morning today as I did my grocery errand. Kroger had sent me some coupons that I could actually use for a change, so that helped quite a bit at checkout. Am always glad when that errand is done for awhile.

Noah was glad when I got back home lavishing me with rubs and purrs - - which we enthusiastically exchanged. The sun is shining bright and pretty today, and Noah is thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams. He has had his lunch, his tummy is content, and is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and after awhile will need to make the trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

No, Tang can't "tell" me why he does not eat the food, but he (and Theresa) sure do "talk" up a storm when I get home in the evenings wink.gif He also does not drink the water out of the bowls right away when I refill them. It must be a a cold sensitivity. But the vet reports say his teeth are fine huh.gif

Glad you were able to redeem some coupons you can use, that's always nice. Chuckling at the exchange of affection between Noah and you. If I lay down on the bed for a time out evenings or weekends he will come over and grab my head with his front paws and nuzzle/head butt me. Him and those expressive front paws. He uses them in conjunction with his meows to get his point across. It's so cute.

Sun is shining bright here and we got all the way up to 56 today. Getting ready to head out to home to Theresa and Tang, best part of the day. I hope you and Noah had a good day and wish you a peaceful blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant T G I F afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am chuckling about your precious Tang not drinking the water in the bowl right away. My Noah is the same way. Instead, he will come to me while I'm working on the computer or bills or such and take a drink out of my water cup that I have on the table next to me. If the water level is low, he will stick his paw down into my cup and lick the water off his paw. He is so funny.

I know how much joy your precious Theresa and little Tang bring to you, my friend, and I always enjoy sharing your accounts of their activities and methods of communicating with you, and their many precious ways of letting you know they are so very thankful that YOU are their Forever Dad.

Today has been busy getting caught up on e-mails, and bringing some firewood up to the porch in case the weather does turn on the frigid side this weekend as forecasted. The good news is that it's not supposed to last long, but if it does get cold tomorrow and Sunday, then Noah and I might want a nice warm fire in the wood stove. The ink cartridges I ordered a couple of days ago should be delivered today with the regular mail, so I will need to check on that in awhile. I still have the lunch dishes to do. Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time for a change.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

TGIF and Caturday Eve greetings to you and Noah! Chuckling at Noah paw dipping the water glass. Tang doesn't do that, but I've had kitties in the past who did. I always figured it was a Siamese thing,

Glad you got some fire wood for the upcoming cold weekend. It's supposed to get much colder here too, but not much (hopefully) wet stuff. In any case, not wanting to get out in that tomorrow I took along a couple extra cloth shopping bags and did my errands on the way home tonight, as I didn't really need much. As you may recall, I said I was looking forward to a real Caturday off not having to go anywhere. I plan to enjoy it with little Sgt. Tang and Lady Theresa. They were miffed with me getting home 1/2 hour late, but once I explained the reason, they warmed up.

Not much else going on here. It's late to just be starting to settle in, but I think it will be worth it. I hope you and your precious Noah have a peaceful and warm evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you had a "maranthoner" day yesterday getting your supplies after work. I can just hear your precious companions: "Where have you been, daddy? Do you know what time it is? We have been so worried about you!!! But it's sooo good to have you home finally, daddy. We love you!!" There is no better homecoming reception than this!!

I hope your errand run after work last night is paying off today with your being able to enjoy the ENTIRE day home with your precious companions.

Got the checkbook reconciled with the bank statement today fairly easily. I'm always glad when that is done. Need to make a trek to the mailbox after awhile - - not really anxious to venture out into the winter chill today. No sunbeams today for my precious Noah to enjoy. His tummy is content from lunch and he is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes taking his afternoon nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Getting the supplies last night was indeed worth it. I did forget a couple things, but they were not important enough to break my promise to the kittles. It was a very relaxing day. The only place I went was down to the mail boxes to send a Netflix disc back. If the news reports out the USPS are true, that will be moot soon enough (sigh)

Glad to hear your got your taks done and were able to relax with your precious Noah. That's always nice. Sorry to hear he had no sunbeams to bask in, poor little guy. Not much else going on. I hope you both had a pleasant Caturday and and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Stopping by to say hello to you and precious furbabies. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Caturday. You and furbabies deserve it. I hope you all are doing well........Haven't seen Blackie anymore, but other pretty cats stop by to eat.

There is a TNR (Trap, Neuter, and Release) group here that helps feral cats. After they're neutered/spayed and given their shots, they either release them back where they came from or some people can release them on their farm or land. That keeps the cat population down without euthanizing them. I think the Franklin Co. Humane Society helps them. I think that is a good idea.

Tracy, I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have a good rest of the weekend, and a good work week ahead......God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Yes, TNR is a great idea. Unfortunately there are cat hating groups out there trying to shut them down. I'm sorry to hear Blackie has not come around lately, perhaps the TNR group rescued him. But you are a kind soul to keep providing for the cats that still come around.

Theresa Tang and I had a good day off yesterday. I hope you are doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, cold, gusty blustery Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm soooo glad you and your precious fur tribe were able to "profit" from your errand run Friday evening. As Hannibal Smith on the A Team says, "it's always nice when a plan comes together." I'm sure your precious companions are thoroughly enjoying having daddy home for the entire weekend.

Although it's a cold and blustery day outside, the sunbeams are plentiful, and Noah is enjoying them immensely. In fact as I'm writing to you he is streched out on his big window bench watching the leaves blow in the wind. We had a very nice cuddle time this morning with his sweet little body stretched out next to me with his warm fleece blanket covering him.

PBS is having a "marathon" day beginning at 1 p.m. on Season 3 of Downtown Abbey, so I am looking forward to that - - it will go straight through to 11 tonight with the season finale beginning at 9 p.m. I really like how Fellows has blended actual historical facts into the "fictional" story line. I also have watched the PBS feature "The Secret of the Manor House" which is an historical overview of the life and politics of the latter 19th and early 20th Centuries. In particular was the mention of technology - - specifically the invention of the typewriter - - which gave women an option for employment other than serving as maids - - it was noted by the historical commentators that becoming a secretary was a different form of "menial employment" but which paid better at that time. In my younger years just starting out in employment I believed being a secretary was an honorable profession even though a secretary was not classified as a "professional" because at that time a secretary did not have a college degree. Because there were so many secretaries available at that time we were always considered "replaceable." Now because of my many years of experience and observation I can fully understand the similarity the historians equate to it - - but without the benefit of better wages. Until recent years historically and legally women's wages were significantly less than those of men who also were employed as secretaries or administrative assistants. Which is why now with the boom of computer technology the "secretaries" of my time are no longer in the workforce and are being replaced by the "tech boomers". I truly do not feel like I am missing anything by no longer being employed - - the youngsters have my sympathy in dealing with the stress and frustration and aggravation.

By now you have your laundry done, and hopefully without any aggravation, and are enjoying this day with your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I looked for that program in my local PBS listings and didn't see it. Sounds interesting though. Coincidentally, I was watching a program on History about that era that said a lot of women worked in factories. Management had similar distain for its labor as well. I can see why a lot of wealthy business people are trying to turn back the clocks to pre New Deal. Not that I agree with them. But by the same token, I can see why it's getting easier with some folks (local transit bus drivers come to mind) having the "I'm in the union and am therefore untouchable" attitude. But you are right about how secretaries were treated. Even the entry level IT jobs (in the 80s called DP or Data Processing) like tape room operators are gone, replaced by robots. Even console/system monitors of yore must have some sort of expensive certification. I'm amazed I can even find a job at all with a lowley AS.

I woke up on my own at 3:50 and decided to get started on the laundry. It paid off in uninterrupted access start to finish. Chuckling at Noah under his fleece blanket. Cats do seem to love those. I have one in front of each space heaters in the bedroom and livingroom that Theresa loves. She cuddled with me on the couch and later Tang with me in the bed. I was having stomach issues about that time and needed some alone time in the bathroom. He was having none of that though. I ended up having to close him out on the other side of the door, which just distressed him more. He finally waited for me on the bed on the pillows; and proceeded to comfort me with purrs and paw caresses as I drifted off for the remainder of the afternoon.

He needed an extra ear cleaning today and Benadryl, bless his heart. But through it all he always comes around and meows, purrs and does his cute barrel roles. They are both a blessing.

Not much else going on here. They've been fed and now I will do my chores and settle in for a new work week (sigh) Where does the time go? Hope you and Noah are well and have a peaceful and warm evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits today.

I am so sorry your were not feeling well yesterday - - I hope you are feeling better today. There is a very wicked stomach virus going around - - I hope you will be spared getting it.

Thank you so much for sharing with me the history programs you have watched. I read an article about how the industrial revolution changed the workforce, including after WW II. In the late 1970's, early 1980's, with the onset of the "technology revolution" in the workforce, many companies were doing everything they could to force the retirement of employees in their mid to late 50's and S S age employees so that they could hire the "youngsters" graduating with college degrees. Now with high technology being the norm, employers do not want anyone who is not "technology intelligent" - - they want to hire someone they do not have to "train" - - which is forcing a lot of people like me out of the workforce. I brought this to the attention of my supervisor while I was still employed in the "pit" and informed her that eventually she and all the other youngsters in the office will eventually also become "extinct". She didn't appreciate it much.

I hope your little Tang's ear is doing better today. He sounds like a real special little fellow understanding that everything you do for him is because you love him, and your precious Theresa also knows. I hope the cleaning and Benadryl will help him with his ear.

Today has been busy working on the continuing printing project and shred box. Got the shred box emptied, so that's done for awhile. It will be several days before I have the printing project completed though. I installed a set of the new ink cartridges today and they are working very nicely, I am glad to say. It's nice to know that these re-manufactured cartridges will actually work because they are less expensive than the "original" HP cartridges.

Lunch was later today because of the computer project, but finally Noah's little tummy has been satisfied and he is taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and want to do a little more on the printing project before shutting down for the day.

Just a little less than an hour to go before you begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Monday greetings to you as well on what's likely to be the only decent weather day here this week. Yes, the "youngsters" will get a taste of what it's like to be on the other side of wall one day. Plus they have not been raised to really deal with the real world; so they will be hurting even more. I'm chuckling at your parting shot to you supervisor though.

Yes, Tang is a very special indeed, as is his big sis Theresa. Although she can be wicked jealous at times. Over the weekend he was sitting on the bed nuzzling me and she decided she didn't like, and reached up and bopped his head (sigh) But Tang takes it all in stride. I don't think I have ever known a cat who's more upbeat with such a positive attitude. I suppose I should take a lesson from that. It's hard to believe he's been with me 2 years come May and Theresa 6 years next month. Where does the time go?

Glad you found your refurb cartridges satisfactory and that you are keeping up with your tasks. I bet Noah "reminded" you when lunch was late wink.gif Bless his heart.

Well, time to start treking home to the fur kids. I hope you and your precious Noah had a good day and have a warm and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny dampish Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am chuckling about your precious Theresa bopping her brother on the head. I just hear her say, "Hey, it's MY turn to snuggle with daddy!!!" You are sooooo right about how time passes so quickly with our precious companions, Tracy - - our earthly journey with our precious companions is never, ever long enough no matter how much time we are blessed to share with them.

If I remember correctly, you mentioned something in an earlier post when you first began working in this job that you might have to work for about 9 months or so until you would be offered the opportunity for a permanent position. I'm wondering how that time frame is going, Tracy - - have you heard ANYTHING from any source that might let you know what is happening in this regard?

Have been working on the print job, and have been cutting the ones already finished. I'm on my last batch which may not be finished until tomorrow. Once I get all the packs cut in half (there are 2 invoices per one 8.5 x 11 inch sheet) I can then begin the task of two-hole punching them to fit on the flip board. I hope to be able to deliver the order by the first week in March - - give or take a day or so.

Noah and I have had our lunch - - MUCH earlier than yesterday, thank goodness. Noah's tummy is quite satisfied, and he is on his lamb's wool cushion taking his nap. When I get this sent to you I will go check on the printing status, do the lunch dishes, and eventually will have a trek to the mailbox.

I know you stll have a couple of hours yet to go until the best part of the day begins for you - - your trek home to your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah as well. Yes, they can get into it sometimes as all siblings do. It reminds me of the time I first got Theresa and Tom casual as you please walked over to where she was looking out the sliding glass doors and bit her head. Not hard, but it got a yelp. When I admonished him about it he looked at me as if to say "What, I thought she'd like it" Enjoying those pleasant memories of him is starting to come just like you said. But, it's still bittersweet.

It will be 9 months on the job next month, No offers yet, but there are at least 3 other contractors who have been here longer. I think the merge with Time Warner has things up in the air. But I will keep you posted. Thanks for asking, it's appreciated. I keep getting 3s on my reviews, so that's good.

Glad to hear your printing job is coming along, AND that Noah got his lunch on time wink.gif Time to start my trek homeward to the fur kids, the best part of the day. I hope you and Noah have had a wonderful day together and that your eveing is warm and pleasant. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, blustery, chilly Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for refreshing our memory about how long you have been with this job. I thought it was getting close to the 9 month mark for sure. It seems employers can find all kinds of reasons for postponing hiring, promotions, etc. - - including mergers. It is very good news that your reviews continue to go well, my friend. I am sooo hoping and praying that you will receive a permanent job offer sooner than later. Please do let us know how things go.

Thank you for sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas with us. I'm glad the memories are becoming more enjoyable for you, but I also do understand how they are bittersweet - - because I so well understand that your heart will always want to have your Sir Thomas' sweet physical presence with you rather than enduring the adjustment to cherishing the memories of his earthly journey. Sharing our memories of our beloved companions with one another is one way that we are able to keep the eternal flame of their sweet Living Spirit glowing as we continue our earthly journey.

Much to my surprise I was able to finish the printing part of the project yesterday evening, as well as the cutting of the packs. Today I two-hole punched all the copies and have them packaged into 4 individual plastic zip lock bags to keep them clean. I have just a few little finishing touches to make before packaging them for delivery, as well figuring up the cost for the job including supplies. I will also need to print off a copy of my credit card charges that I used to purchase the paper to include as proof of purchase as a receipt for my tax preparer's records since I will be billing him for reimbursement. I already have a copy of my PayPal statement showing the charges for the ink which I will pro-rate the cost of the ink. According to the ink levels I have just about exhausted the 3 color cartridges and the photo black cartridge for this project alone. So that will be 4 cartridges out of 5 that I will charge him for.

Noah and I have had our lunch, a little bit later today than yesterday but still within an "acceptable" time frame for my precious little boy's tummy. He is a happy little boy now with a contented tummy enjoying his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion. He has thoroughly enjoyed the sunbeams today.

Still have the lunch dishes to do, so I guess I better get with the program. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Chilly Wednesday greetings to you and Noah. Glad to hear your project is coming along and you have what you need to get reimbursed.

Thank you for the well wishes on the job. We were just speculating about that. I just heard they fired all the residential trainers sad.gif Business Customer Care only has 15 agents tops. In the grand scheme of things we are wondering if they will even bother to keep us after the full merge (sigh) It's always my luck, huh? I will keep you posted though. Tomorrow is another after hours meeting, sans the food this time. TWC rules so we have been told. At least I have a ride home.

Yes, I do cherish my memories of Sir Thomas bittersweet as they are. But , I'm sure you know all about that feeling. Theresa and Tang help me fill the void and keep me going as I'm sure your precious Noah does for you. Glad to hear he had his lunch at a "reasonable" hour. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Well, 3 days down, 2 to go. Soon, I will make my trek home to the fur kidlets. Hoping I get lucky like yesterday and the one bus I used to have to wait for on the old schedule will be late again getting me home about 25 minutes earlier. I hope you and Noah had a good day together and that you both have a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, chilly Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Oh Tracy, I surely do hope and pray that you will eventually become a hired employee and not have to go through the "redeployment" exercise again. Do you have any indication as to when the "full merger" will be completed - - to give you some sort of time frame? Please let us know how things go.

I hope the meeting goes okay this evening - - and am very glad you have a confirmed ride home. This is good news and hope the meeting will not go as long as scheduled so that you can get home to your precious companions sooner than expected.

Today has been bill-a-thon for March finances, and have records up to date and checks written ready to be mailed next week. This coming Monday will be the primary online bill day for payments that are required by the first of the month - - mortgage and insurance. I will call my tax preparer tomorrow to try to arrange a day next week to deliver the invoices - - and hopefully will be able to coordinate that errand with my trip to the post office.

Noah and I have had our lunch, and my little boy is contentedly curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox later on. But it's nice to be able to have a few moments to just sit and relax and truly focus on enjoying my precious little boy.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and once again - - that the meeting this evening will be adjourned earlier than expected so that you can get home to your precious Theresa and little Tang who will be eagerly anticipating your arrival so that you and your precious fur tribe can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank goodness you only have tomorrow to get through after this long "maranthoner" day. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Freezing rain Thursday greetings to you and Noah. I hope you are able to coordinate your efforts/errands to your satisfaction so you can get home to your precious little man.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers on my work situation. I too hope I do not have to go through all of that again. There are black out dates in late spring/early summer that nobody can take vacation days. I'm guessing they expect us to be busy taking TWC calls and vice versa. But I know that does not necessarily mean they plan to keep us on long term. I'll keep you posted.

The meeting tonight does allow for me to have extra time to walk down to the Kroger pharmacy to get more insulin syringes/needles for my precious boy Tang. I only had enough to last through tomorrow. I like to get a partial case because they always calculate the cost down. If they scan the box it comes up 15.99. But I got half a box (50) and they calculated it at 15.00 for the box and charged me only 7.00. I love their math wink.gif We are getting pizza after all for the meeting, which is nice. I really don't feel like rustling up anything getting home so late.

I hope you and Noah had a good day together, and hope that you both have a warm and blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to safely navigate the sidewalks in the freezing rain on your trip to Kroger for your precious Tang's supplies. You don't need to risk a fall on slippery pavement - - that wouldn't help you or your precious companions at all.

When I visited with my tax preparer a couple of weeks ago he had fallen and was limping on his right foot with the aid of a walking stick. I spoke with his wife this afternoon and she told me that he finally consented to go see a doctor who did x-rays which confirmed he had broken his ankle. So now he is in a cast up to his knee and has to depend on her to drive him wherever he needs to go for the next 3 months. She chuckled as she told me that he is not a happy camper right now because of his restrictions. We arranged for me to deliver the invoices next Thursday afternoon, 2/28.

Today the temps are only in the 30's so this afternoon I started a fire in the wood stove to help take the chill off the bones for my precious Noah and me. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap enjoying the warmth from the fire. Still have the lunch dishes to do and will need to tend the fire as well.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Happy T G I F!! I know it is espeically appreciated after the very long day you had yesterday. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I got stuck on a call at the end of my shift. I meant to post later when I got home, but had comitted to watching The Dark Knight Rises on Netflix disc. Running time 2:45 which is about 3 times what I usually allocate for an evening of viewing. I need not have bothered, as it was not vey good.

The ice had only just begun on my trip to Kroger Thursday and didn't really stick. Thanks for the concern though. Sorry to hear about your tax preparer, I know all to well how he feels. 20 years ago I broke my ankle slipping on a stray patch of ice running for a bus. Almost compound at the ball joint. Surgery, pins, plates, the whole 9 yards. Still gives me trouble from time to time to this day.

Just got in from my errands. My first stop was the Book and Music Exchange. I had about 20 Star Trek novels I wantd to sell/trade. They would not give me any cash, but agreed to an even trade. I picked out 6 and got the rest on a store credit for later; that should keep me in reading material for a while and I didn't have to spend a dime.

I hope you and Noah are having a great Caturday!

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you have been able to get your errands done and are now home to your precious fur tribe to enjoy the rest of the weekend together. Congratulations on your book exchange - - sounds like you have made a good deal there. And am very glad your travels on Thursday were safe and uneventful with the weather you were having.

It has been low key here today - - no sunbeams for my precious Noah to enjoy. The temps are in the 40's today which is about 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. It would feel warmer though if the sun was shining through the windows. Noah has had his lunch and just finished giving himself a spruce up, and has settled onto his lamb's wool cushion for a nap. Still have the afternoon routines of washing up the lunch dishes and making a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah as well. Sorry to hear you and he did not have any sunbeams today. I think our furry companions suffer from the blahs as much as we do on the cold gray days. Since it was sunny here if a bit cool when I got home (upper 40s lower 50s) I let Theresa and Tang have some balcony time. Of course when Tang saw me watching he darted back in to nuzzle my leg as if to say "I wasn't by the ledge daddy, promise" Which, of course, he was wink.gif

Glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always, and he has a full belly with the obligatory after meal wash up. Mine do much the same after can food. It's too cute. Not much else going on here. Already gave Tang his cleaning/insulin and neither seems interesetd in can food tonight, so I passed on that. But Theresa has "reclaimed" here spot on the couch they she graciously cedes to me on the weekends. I hope you and Noah had a great Caturday and a warm and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty breezy Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hopefully by now you have your laundry done without any frustrations to deal with so that you and your precious furkids can now enjoy the rest of the day and evening together.

I so well know how fast the weekends go - - particularly when you have errands and chores that need to be done that can't be done - - or don't have the energy to do - - during the week. This cuts down on much needed quality time just being able to be home.

I am so chuckling about your precious Tang trying so hard to convince you that he was not contemplating a daring aerial act yesterday during balcony time. Nice try. But he was a very good boy to come running to you when he saw you watching him. Sounds like you might still need to invest in some mountain climbing safety equipment, though, so that you can do a "rescue" safely should he test his aerial "daring do" again.

The sunbeams are brightly shining today with temps hugging the 50 degree mark already - - nice!! Noah is on his big window bench thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams and watching the leaves blow in the gusty breeze. He is so much fun to watch.

Need to get caught up on some e-mails today so will start doing that when I get this posted to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sunday greetings to you and Noah as well. Sunny today but didn't get quite as warm here. I was able to get my laundry done with no "intruders" I didn't even have to get up earlier to do it, which was nice.

Been a pretty lazy day today with snuggles all around. A little while ago I was laying in the bed with Tang when Theresa came along and tried to displace him from his chosen spot. When I admonished her for it, she got on the night stand and glared at both of us (sigh)

Getting ready to give Tang his cleaning and insulin and can food if they are interested. Another weekend gone. They go quickly like you said. Sometimes I wonder, will it just be 20 years or so of more of the same struggling? Then what? I try not to think about it too much - too depressing. I hope you and your precious Noah had a good day together and have a warm and blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope Monday is treating you well. Try not to think too many years ahead, because things never turn out the way we think. I have learned that many times.

Not much going on here, but it is bill week. Time really flies by.......Cats still come by and the pretty gray and white one comes by the same time every morning for the dry food. We named it Faith, because it is so faithful by coming by. It also comes back in the late evening for my goulash. smile.gif If it sees us looking through the blinds, it takes off.

Give the sweet furbabies a special pat for me. Take care and God Bless....

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Yeah, that's why I dodn't think about too much, like I said. Too depressing. I don't see any positive change on the horizon either. My one dream, that I think about a lot, is to somehow get enough money so that I could "retire" spend my time helping local animal groups. Speaking of which, what beautiful name for the gray and white cat - Faith. As is she has faith that she can come there for food and shelter. Bless you for your efforts. You are a kind soul. I hope today is treating you well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, cold Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get the laundry done in a timely fashion without any competition for the machines. That is always helpful. I am chuckling at your precious Theresa's reaction to your encouraging her to find another spot to snuggle with you without displacing her brother. "But daddy - - I want to cuddle there!!! It's MY turn now!!!"

I, too, agree with LoveMyMickey as she shares with you: "things never turn out the way we think." Just try to stay focused on what you can do now, Tracy, and plan as best you can for the time when you are able to stop working. Keep your goal in front of you and aim for it, Tracy - - sometimes things can turn out better than we can ever imagine. Remember that most of the population lives on a "fixed income" - - the goal is to utilize the resources we have to their optimum efficiency - - which is always an interesting exercise in financial planning.

The region is under a winter weather advisory for a freezing rain / sleet / ice event beginning sometime tonight and lasting into tomorrow morning. I didn't know this until after I got home from my errands, but while I was out and about it sure felt then, as it feels now, like it could do something very unfriendly. I'm glad I went to the post office this morning, and I'm so very glad I do not have to try to go out in the weather tomorrow - - whatever it decides to do.

When I got home from errands my precious Noah was at the door anxiously waiting for me - - calling for me - - as I came through the door. It was so good to get back home to him, even though I was only gone for about an hour. I stopped off at the local hardware store and picked up some wing nuts that I need for the patio table that I had to dismantle when I removed it from the deck. The old nuts are so rusted that I did not think I should try to use them again. Also got the bills paid online that are due by Friday, so that chore is done for now.

My little boy has had his lunch and is snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap. Have the normal chores to do, so guess I better get busy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam (and LoveMyMickey) for the kind words of encouragement; they are appreciated.

Monday greetings to you and Noah as well. Today will probably be the best day weather wise this week. 100% chance of rain starting tonight and into tomorrow (yuck) with slight chance of snow by Wednesday. I guess winter is not done with us after all.

Glad to hear you got your errands/tasks done ahead of the possible bad weather; hope it does not get too bad. How well I know how nice it is for our companions to greet us when we get home, regardless of how long we are gone. I'm sure Noah appreciated you being home again.

Was slow for a Monday which just makes me worry that tomorrow will be a zoo, especially with he rain (sigh) But at least this work day is over and I can start my trek homeward to Theresa and Tang (best part of my day, second only to the time I actually walk in the door) I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day together, and that your evening is warm and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy chilly Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope your day is going well at work - - busy enough to help make the hours go quickly without being insane. After today the weather is supposed to be somewhat decent with temps in the 40 something range. Hope the weather in your neighborhood proves to be better than forecasted.

Not much happening here today. Finally got around to putting the big comforter in the washing machine and dryer. Sometimes it needs an extra run in the dryer so I will check on it in awhile. Will also need to make a trek to the mailbox after awhile.

Trimmed my precious boy's front nails before lunch - - he is always a bit of a squirmy worm but we eventually got through it. He has had his lunch and is now enjoying his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Gray rainy Tuesday greetings to you and Noah. It's the kind of day where it doesn't rain hard, but it doesn't stop either. Good for staying home and reading/napping. Not so much for us public transit commuters. But I brought my "good" umbrella today. It's not collapsable, but it works well.

Today was not that busy except for lunch time when 3/4 of the staff goes on break - literally (scheduling genious) The preavailing theory about why it wasn't busy is the absence of a certain sup wink.gif 'nuff said.

I feel you on the nail cutting. Theresa and Tang need it soon and they are both drama king/queen about it. You'd think I was torturing them. Glad you were able to, hopefully, get your precious Noah's done with no scratches - I generally am not so lucky. Speaking of my brood, getting ready to trek home in the perpetual drizzle to them - best part of the day. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your eveing is warm and cozy. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry that nail trim time with your precious fur tribe is a battle. I know how that goes with experience from my beloved companions who are now with the angels. I know what it is like to have my fingers pinned by jaws and my hands used as a scratching post. I am very grateful that Noah is not a biter by nature, but rather expresses his protests vocally and squirming. Please let us know how things go with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

It is nice to see the sun shining today. This morning I did some major dusting and vacuuming in the basement living quarters -- got half of the living space done. Noah kept a vigil at a safe distance from the vacuum cleaner. After about 2 hours of working on this chore, I took a 10 minute break - - and Noah and I enjoyed it together. He let me know that he thought it was good I was taking a break so that we could share some rubs and hugs. Worked another hour and called it a day. It was time to get my Noah some lunch in his bowl and warm some lunch for me as well.

Noah's little tummy is content and he is now taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion. Still have the lunch dishes to do after awhile. Cannot believe that Friday is the first day of March already - - I am so looking forward to spring - - along with all the people who have endured a very brutal winter.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Cold and gray with flurries Wednesday greetings to you from here. I'm glad you got some sunshine today though. I'm sure Noah loved being able to bask in the glow.

Sounds like you got a lot done today. Chuckling at Noah keeping his distance from the vacuum. My babies do that, but are losing their fear a bit. Tang comes right back out of the bedroom the second I'm done. Of course, I usually fire up the laser toy about that time, so maybe he's become "conditioned"?

Work was not too busy today, which is always nice. Getting ready to head home to Miss Theresa and Sgt. Tang (best part of my day) I hope you and Noah had a wonderful day and that your evening in peaceful and warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sometimes sunny quite blustery Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad to know yesterday was a decent day for you at work, and hope this is the same today. I'm smiling at your precious Tang's "emerging" from the safety of the bedroom when he hears the vacuum turned off. He probably does anticipate the fun of the laser toy - - "oh boy - - now that dad's done with the monster machine, it's time to PLAY!!!"

Am sending this sooner today as I will need to deliver the invoices to my tax preparer later this afternoon, and probably will not fire up this technology whiz gizmo again after I finally get home, as it will be time for me to focus on getting my precious Noah his dinner and doing the normal evening chores before settling down for the evening.

Still have the invoice to finish up for doing the work, so guess I better get to that, as soon I will need to start getting lunch fixed for my precious Noah and me as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Gold gray with a few flurries Thursday greetings to you and Noah.

Yes, I think you summed up Tang's (and Theresa's) reactions to play time quite well. Last night I really threw them for a loop when I turned on the auto toy AND used the manual laser pen. They could not decide which one to chase laugh.gif

I hope all goes well in your travels to your tax preparer and everything works out with that to your satisfaction so you can get home soon to your precious Noah. Today's work was not too busy again, which is always nice. But tomorrow is Friday when we have 4 people scheduled out and who all knows out for vacation/illness. I hate those days.

Getting ready to head on home to the fur kids hoping I won't have any delays. I hope you and Noah had a great day and wish you both a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sure your precious fur tribe appreciated the double fun with the lasers. It's so fun to share with you your precious companions' activities.

Got the invoices delivered to my tax preparer yesterday afternoon, and had a wonderful chat with his wife. Seems the past 6 months have not been kind to them as the three Clumber Spaniels they have enjoyed over the past 13 years transitioned home to the angels within a time frame of 60 days. It broke my heart to share their news, but it gave me an opportunity to offer her some comfort as I could tell she is still coping with the grief journey - - and I know what I shared with her she will share with her husband.

With the flurry of his need for medical appointments for his ankle, his wife told me he has not had a chance to stay focused on doing taxes, but he is planning on burrowing in this weekend to focus on doing nothing else. She advised me to give a call sometime next week to check on the status of mine. If I can get them in the next couple of weeks I will be happy.

This morning I collected more firewood to bring up to the porch and shortened a few of the logs with my trusty chain saw to a better length that will more easily fit into my wood stove. If the weather is as forecasted this weekend Noah and I may have a fire in the wood stove again. Fired up the desk top to run the security updates and scans, so that should be done by now. Noah has had his lunch and is taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

In a little over an hour you will begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are already eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Cold gray TGIF greetings to you and Noah. Glad to hear you were able to dispatch your errand to the tax preparer, but am so sorry to hear about their loss sad.gif But they have a truly compassionate and empathetic ear in you my friend.

TGIF, Caturday eve. Don't get to sleep late due to Tang's vet appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping that being able to check his BG more often, I can get it under control enough to get him in for Dr. Mills to remove the mass from his ear; I know my little man will appreciate that. Bless his brave little heart.

Yes, he and Theresa enjoyed the "double whammy" on the laser dots last night. They even played more with the catnip socks. I guess it really got them in the "mood" laugh.gif They are such a joy to watch. Well, getting ready to head out of here on my trek home to the fur kidlets. I hope you and Noah had a nice day together and that you keep warm with the wood stove this evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, SUNNY gusty Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I wasn't able to access the L S website yesterday for some reason although I had internet access all day long. I also didn't receive any L S posting notices until this morning - - so perhaps there were some "technical issues" going on within the "high technology" medium of communication. The nice part is that whatever the problem was yesterday is now resolved for today.

I hope you were able to get your errands run okay yesterday, and hope by now you have your laundry done so that you and your precious companions can settle in for the day. Looks like this part of Virginia may get a bit of accumulating snow come Tuesday evening into Wednesday - - but don't know exactly what that means until it happens. The weather forecasters can give their scientific predictions, but Mother Nature has the final say.

Sundays are always low key here. Noah is thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams today, as am I. We are about 15 degrees cooler today than normal this time of year - - temps only in the 30's - - so the warm sunbeams coming in through the windows today are very welcome.

I know today is going to feel like it is going way too fast, and that tomorrow's resumption of the weekly work routine will begin too soon. Which is why among many reasons that I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sorry to hear you were having trouble getting on here, and glad you could make it back. Today was another "empty" room laundry day, thank goodness. We'll see how that goes next weekend on the spring forward time change.

It was sunny but cool (high topped out at 40) here. I think we just had a delay in the winter more than it being mild overall. It was low key here too today with snuggles all around. You are right in that the weekends never are long enough. Even when I have little to nothing that I have to do - which is rarely the case anyway, Tomorrow it all starts up again (sigh)

I hope you and Noah had a good day - enjoying the sunbeams - and that your evening is warm and blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, chilly, windy, sunny Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Glad you and your precious fur tribe were able to enjoy a good weekend together.

It's nice seeing the sunbeams again today as this will change beginning tomorrow sometime when the rain and snow clouds begin to gather. Noah enjoyed the sunbeams coming in through the bathroom window while I worked on scheduling more payments online this morning for the current round of bills.

Noah is doing well. He has had his lunch and is now taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion. Am enjoying watching the PBS spring festival program tribute to the 50's songs. Brings back a lot of memories. I remember so well the programs the hosts mention that were popular in the 50's and were broadcast live.

I know you have about 2.5 hours still left at your station before you can begin your trek home to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah as well. Today started out sunny. Even had a "real feel" a few degrees higher than the actual temp, but that didn't last long. Gloomy and gray now and for most of the afternoon.

Glad to hear you were able to enjoy some quality programming, and that Noah was able to bask in the sunbeams. Work was fairly slow for a Monday which is always appreciated. Not much else going on other than getting ready to pack up and trek homeward to Theresa and Tang (best part of the day) Hoping travels go well. Speaking of which, I read on the bus company's web site today that my #18 is considering servicing the UPS hub by the airport. The only way I can see this happening is for the one I take (that does not go on to the mall) to go out there. That would mean no more walking home from the usual bus stop. Wouldn't that be nice.

I hope you and Noah had a pleasant day together, and that your eveing is warm and comfortable. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

The news about the bus route sounds very promising and hope the transit authorities follow through with this route change. I know this would be a big help for you in your commuting. Please let us know how things go.

The air feels like a storm is coming. I hope your travels will be safe going home tonight and in your travels tomorrow. The snow is supposed to be wet and heavy, so warnings about the potential for power outages are already included in the news and weather advisories. Hope you are spared of this as well.

PBS is doing a special on the 1960's program Hullabaloo this afternoon as part of their spring festival fund raising hosted by Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits fame. It's a good program showing many of the original live performances of the various groups that appeared on the show that were popular of that era. Another "blast of the past".

Noah is a happy boy curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do and need to make a trek to the mailbox at some point in time as well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

And chilly, windy, snowy greetings to you and Noah from me and the kids. I seem to remember that program vaguely. Was it just musical acts, or all types?

Another so so day in the job today. Forty percent of the work week over now, sixty to go. The wind and snow started kicking up something fierce around quitting time. This made for a bit of a nasty commute home. Especially since my first bus was 10 minutes late all the while I was getting pelted with wind and wet snow waiting on it. I barely made the connection to the second bus I normally have to wait 20 minutes on (whew)

Always glad to hear Noah is doing well, bless his heart. Not much else going on here. Home to the kittles and snuggs all around. I hope you and Noah had a good day and a warm and pleasant ecening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, gusty windy, chilly Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hullabalo was a music variety show. It was a fun show to watch during its original airing, and watching the excerpts during the tribute brought back many memories.

Most of this morning was focused on doing a graphics project for my sister in law's birthday card. Got it done - - finally, and now have it to mail in time for her April birthday. My HP printer does not interface well with narrow margins, so it took awhile to work with the graphics borders so that they would print as close as I could get them to the outer margins that the printer would recognize. Noah has had his lunch, and is now snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion for his afernoon nap. The ION channel is showing First Knight this afternoon with Sean Connery, Kevin Costner, Ben Cross to name a few of the excellent actors. First time I have seen it.

Still have the lunch dishes to do, and you still have about 2 hours 45 minutes left to go at your work station. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Gray Wednesday greetings to you and Noah. Thanks for filling me in on the show, I thought it sounded familiar. I am a bit of an odd man out in my interests in entertainment technically before my time. I've never seen First Knight, but heard good things about it. Enjoy.

Another fairly unbusy day at work; always appreciated. It's supposed to start warming up over the next few days and even be sunny and 64 by Caturday - YAY. How wonderful that you take the time to actually make a card for your sister in-law - Very thoughtful and creative.

As always, glad to hear Noah and you are doing well. Hopefully my commute home to the fur kids will better than last night. Hoping you and Noah had a great day together and that your evening is peaceful and warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, gusty windy, chilly Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirirts.

I make the basic card using the American Greetings Create And Print program, and then I embellish the final card with graphics from my various graphics programs. The creative juices were flowing yesterday so I was able to finish the project in one sitting. I'm hoping to be able to make contact with my tax preparer sometime this afternoon to verify if he has been able to complete preparing my taxes so that I can go pick them up and get them in the mail.

Noah has been a bit on edge today because of the gusty wind which has been blowing since Tuesday evening when the storm began coming through the region. So we have been enjoying lots of reassuring rubs and hugs today. Like you we are eagerly anticipating the warmer temps and calmer breezes forecasted for the coming days.

Still have the lunch dishes to do and trek to the mailbox later on, and you still have awhile left to go at your work station. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Gray but not as cold Thursday greetings to you and Noah. I too am looking forward to warmer weather in the next few days. I'm so sorry poor Noah was spooked by the storms; Tang is still scared of them too. I hope he gets sunbeams again soon.

I hope you are able to get with your tax preparer and get all that out of the way soon. Same old same old day at work. Getting ready to head on out and home to the kittles. Hoping commute goes well. I hope you get some better weather there soon.

I hope you and your precious Noah had a good day together and that your evening is comfortable and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this cold but sunny Friday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope today is going well for you at work. Just about 90 minutes, give or take, for you left to go and then you will be home with your precious companions for the weekend. YEA!!!

This morning I ventured forth to go into Rocky Mount to get the annual decal for the car. This is the last year the County will be issuing decals, yet the government will continue to charge the $25 fee which is supposed to now be included with the year end personal property tax. This was supposed to be a financial boon for the county, but I read an article in the local rag that it will actually cause a deficit in revenue for this tax year and the county legislators are trying to figure out a way as to how they can charge taxpayers to make up for it. Just incredible.

Also needed to get more gasoline in the car on my way home - - haven't needed to get any gas since the week of Thanksgiving last year - - about 3.5 months. I stopped at a Shell station that partners with Kroger and got 10 cents off per gallon of gas - - that was a nice savings.

Unfortunately my travels did not include going to pick up my taxes - - I spoke with his wife early yesterday evening and he hasn't gotten to mine yet. Their daughter is coming for a visit for these next 2 weeks to help out in the office, and hopefully at some point in time my taxes will float to the top of the stack.

The good news is that my precious Noah was very glad to see me back home, as I was glad to get back home to him. He has had his lunch, and as I'm writing to you he is in the process of giving himself a spit and polish - - as he just changed position on his lamb's wool cushion after taking a nap. He is so fascinating to watch.

Still have the lunch dishes to do so I guess I need to get with the program. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

TGIF/Caturday Eve greetings to you and Noah as well. sunshine has returned along with warmer temps. I hope for you too and that Noah was able to enjoy the sunbeams; am chucking at the "spit and polish" it is fun to watch our feline friends. They get such serious looks on their faces when bathing.

Sorry to hear your taxes are not ready, and hope they wil be soon. Sounds like Noah was very pleased to have his mom back home safe and sound. You say you have not gotten gas since Thanksgiving? You must get very good mileage my friend. Glad to hear you got a discount.

Today was the usual in queue from time to time - typical Friday with 4 people off and one out for training on TWC merge in Columbus. Plus a supervisor. Leaving just one here very busy. But it's over and I get to venture home to my fur kids for the whole weekend. I hope you and Noah had a great day together and that your evening in pleasant and peaceful. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.