Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sometimes sunny sometimes cloudy humid 70-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well.

I'm so sorry it looks like your precious boy is in the process of losing another tooth. Too bad you can't find it when it dislodges so that you could put it under a pillow for the Kitty Tooth Fairy to leave a donation on his behalf. If it's any consolation I have read stories in veterinary articles as well as seen reports on a few TV shows how our companions are still able to eat even when they are toothless. Of course they can't chew so their food needs to be of a soup consistency so that they can lap it into their mouths. Indeed, adjusting to infirmities is challenging both for humans as well as our companions, but as long as your precious Tang has his Forever Dad to comfort and encourage him I have no doubt that he will do just fine whatever happens. Please let us know how things go with his check up this coming Saturday.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. Late yesterday afternoon I did a load of laundry. Still have another load patiently waiting for its turn to be done at some point in time.

My precious Noah is doing well. We have had a morning greeting, he had a chance to lay in the sunbeams earlier when the sunbeams were brightly coming in through the big door windows. He is now settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another hot and humid day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Thank you for the encouragement for Tang. I also read many articles online from pet parents who's kitty's have few or no teeth and do just fine. I read one who had no teeth and ate dry food wacko.gif I'm not sure how that's possible. I read one who has only their canines too. Tang will be the opposite of that it looks like, but if we can manage to help him hang onto his molars he should be able to eat with little or no adjustment. As I write this the sucker (tooth) is still hanging on. But what ever I have to do to keep him eating; which so far he is and doing everything else normally.

I saw my usual waifs at the colony closest to me this morning, but none at the farther one. I hope they're OK. Not much else going on here. Just me and Tang hanging out.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny forecasted to be on the stormy side later today 80-ish humid Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well.

I can truly relate to your precious Tang's loose tooth situation. I still have a primary (baby) tooth that was never replaced by the permanent tooth which had to be surgically removed 40 years ago because it was impacted in the roof of my mouth. The dentist doesn't understand how the tooth continues to "hang in there" in the gum because there is no root to the tooth. It gets very loose at times almost as if it's ready to fall out - - but it continues to "hang in there." So maybe your precious Tang will also have this similar "good fortune" with at the least the teeth that are important for him to keep in order to eat comfortably. I'm keeping your precious boy in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things go with his check up this coming Saturday.

Today was errand day to the post office and the pharmacy to pick up some non prescription items. Wearing the knee brace while making errands really does make a positive difference. I used my walker this time for better stability as my right ankle is feeling a bit on the cranky side today. When I got home I stopped off at the street end of the driveway to get my mail delivered since last Thursday, and was able to feel safe enough to use my cane for that distance walking. It's good to be back home with my precious Noah who is settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you.

Just before I left to do errands, the vacuum I ordered for the upstairs living space was delivered, and of course this UPS driver had to ring the doorbell. I'm glad I was still home at the time of delivery because the doorbell upsets Noah - - the tone of the doorbell. So I was able to comfort him from this intrusion before I left.

The rest of the day is going to be lazy. Doing errands is still like a full day's work for me, but it's a good feeling to have some form of independence again.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast, muggy and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you had quite a workout running your errands. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound to your little man's delight no doubt.

Well, Tang's tooth was still "hanging" in there this morning. If it's still there Saturday, I guess Dr. Mills will have to decide what to do. I have a feeling if any monies are going to have to be spent, my rent this month will be late. I'm still recovering from the expense of Theresa's passing and this next check barely covers the rent. So, rather than go down that nasty road of payday advance, I'd rather cough up the extra 40.00 on the 15th. I'll let you know how he's doing when I get home. Thank you for sharing your story and your kind words of encouragement.

Typical Monday in the "pit" with tech and Discover queue (sigh) But over 1/2 the day is over and just counting down until 4:30 when I can clock out and 5:30 when I can head home.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:35 (bus started out on time but didn't stay that way - oh well) Tang met me at the door and was quite pleased it was time to open a "fresh" can of food. That ugly tooth is still hanging in there but does not seem to be causing him much discomfort; he even let me have a look w/o too much fuss. The base is pretty black but does not seem to be spreading to other teeth or parts of his mouth. May have to do a local and have it pulled Saturday sad.gif He's otherwise well and in good spirits and even went a few rounds of chase the red dot happy.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well.

I'm so sorry finances are on the challenging side for you in making your rent, but it sounds like you have a plan just in case your precious Tang needs some dental work done on Saturday. Please let us know how things go.

It sounds like you and your precious boy are continuing to settle into your "new normal" of activity. Seeing him play laser tag with you is a good sign.

Worked on financials this morning. When I was done with that I went upstairs to unpack and put together the vacuum that was delivered yesterday for the upstairs living area. It's now ready to use when needed. My precious Noah is doing well. He kept me company as I worked on financials, and is settled comfortably next to me as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, warm but not as humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I hope the new vacuum works out for you. Or as we call it in our home "The Big Red Tang Eater" (to hear him tell it anyway) rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the encouragement on Tang's upcoming vet appointment. I've been down this road before, so I'll just have to see what happens Saturday regarding the rent being late. They are usually OK about it as long as I give them a heads up.

The tooth was still there this morning when I left and he doesn't seem any worse for wear about it other than making a funny face from time to time. At least he's not "clawing" at it which is a relief. But I do think he'll feel better if we get it extracted and some antibiotics to be safe. I'll let you know more about how he's doing when I get home.

Same old same old at work. Just 2 1/2 more hours until the end of my shift. Hoping the ride home will be timely.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:25! Tang was at the door and ate up all his can food happy.gif Tooth still hanging in there. Jiggles when he meows wacko.gif Otherwise he's doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant almost 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well.

I'm so glad your precious Tang is continuing to do well despite his dental challenges. He is so blessed to have you for his Forever Dad taking care of him. Please let us know how he's doing.

Today has been a full day already. My precious Noah had just settled down for our early morning snuggle when the hum of mowing equipment was heard outside. That got both my precious boy and me up for the day around 8 a.m.. Took advantage of the early rise to do some cleaning in the bathroom, taking the trash upstairs to the trash bin for the volunteer to take out to the street tomorrow, and cleaned out a storage cabinet in the garage for my next trip to the special trash bins. Some items can be taken to Goodwill. Now all I need to do is dismantle the cabinet as it really is on its last legs so that it can go to the special trash bin along with the other items. It's nice to have that done as it has been on my "to do" list for quite awhile now.

Now that the chores are done for the day my precious Noah and I can find some snuggle time together. As I'm writing to you he is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company. Since the humidity levels are lower today we are enjoying having the big door open and gated.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you had quite a busy morning. Was the mowing your contractors or something else?

When I came into work today, I saw they had put me in a number of queues I did not recognize. We were told they are only variations of Vantiv tech (including a mobile app I've never even been trained on) All I know is I'm getting way more calls than I had been. May be time to start thinking about moving on. Especially with my year of service coming up in September.

Tang was well this morning waking me up with nuzzles and kisses wub.gif That old tooth is still hanging in there, so I doubt it's going to come out on it's own (sigh) I will update how he's doing when I get home.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:30 on the dot. Tang greeted me at the door and is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny humid 70-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well.

I cannot think of any better way to start the day than with purrs, nuzzles, and kisses from our precious companions. It is perfectly clear that your precious boy loves you very much, and feels very blessed to have you for his Forever Dad.

It's supposed to be a sign of an employer's confidence in an employee to increase their work levels. However the management doesn't take into consideration the increased levels of stress that accompany the increased work levels. I'm hoping this is merely a temporary situation - - since it is summer vacation time. Please let us know how things are going for you.

The mowing yesterday was the new contractor fulfilling the basis of the contract mowing every 2 weeks - - any day this week would fall within the 2 week contract. It only takes the crew about 20 minutes to do the mowing, and they get right to the job when they arrive.

Didn't have anything major on the agenda to do today so I resumed the project of going through very old financial records. I'm keeping records of closed accounts "just in case" I should ever have to refer to it for some reason. But the collected "stuff" is slowly dwindling and I should have a pile of records to take to the community shred a thon later this year.

My precious Noah is doing well. He has been keeping me faithful company as I have worked on going through "stuff." He is now anxiously awaiting lunch in his bowl, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your contractors are doing a good job. Sorry it woke you and Noah up though.

Nothing temporary about these work group assignments from what we've been told. And it has nothing to do with any "confidence" they may have in me. Everybody got it. It was Hades on Earth today too. Everybody calling in to beat today's deadline to get terminals updated/downloaded for EMV/chip. Someone had the bright idea to deactivate their terminals to force them to call in. And on top of that they decided to "migrate" our 800 number to a new server. So most of our callers could not hear us dry.gif

On a brighter note, Tang is still doing well - wobbly tooth and all - I can't wait until Saturday, which reminds me I need to call Dr. Mills and give him the heads up as he's expecting a routine exam. I will update how he's doing when I get home.

Almost time to go (yay) I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:29. Tang greeted me at the door, ate up all his can food and is settling in. He seems in fairly good spirits.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Thought I'd stop by to say hello. I hope you and Tang are feeling better and getting used to the new normal.

I haven't been on the computer much. For the past few days I have really been sick, some kind of bug I guess. Just now getting able to eat more.

Blackie is faithful in coming by for breakfast. Socks shows up whenever and when he does, he looks skinny, but eats well. He knows where the food is, so its up to him to come by. No other cats around, not even the white one.

Well, I must go, I want to sleep a lot. I hope Tang has a good checkup Sat. "Wishing you lots of bugs and butterflies" smile.gif God Bless...TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well sad.gif I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm glad to hear Blackie still comes around regularly, but sorry to hear Socks only comes by sometimes and the other 2 not at all. You say you haven't seen them since they stopped coming around?

Thank you for the "bugs and butterfly" wishes. It's appreciated. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny 80-ish humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry the new assignment is permanent, my friend. Sounds like there's a lot of aggravation to deal with. I remember from one of your previous posts that you will be eligible to apply for other jobs after your one year employment anniversary. This may be an option for you to consider. I remember there were a couple of jobs you tried applying for earlier but were not considered eligible yet by HR. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, my friend, and keep your options open. Please let us know how things go.

I'm so glad to share your news that your precious Tang is continuing to do well. Sounda like the wobbly tooth isn't inhibiting his ability to eat - - or his appetite. This is very good news. Please let us know how things go with his check up tomorrow.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. Just getting caught up on some e-mails, etc.. My precious Noah is doing well, which is always a blessing of good news to share with you. He is settled comfortably next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I'm so glad you have this long weekend home with your precious boy, my friend. Just about 4 more hours to go and then you will be homeward bound - - the best part of the day. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast and warm TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Today is pretty much a repeat of yesterday. Buried in queue non-stop. Unfortunately the job I was interested in has never come back up in the internal postings. But one can always hope by September it or something similar does. I need to do something because I really hate this job as it stands right now (sigh)

Tang is continuing to hang in there - wobbly tooth and all. I called the vet's and spoke to Christine who will give Dr. Mills the heads up on what to be expecting. Hopefully all will be well. We are both looking forward to a 3 day weekend - 2 whole days of doing nothing, which is fine since it's supposed to rain. He was doing well when I left for work and I will update when I get home.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah ans that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:45. Which isn't bad considering Dollar Tree run and my bus home was late for the first time this week. But I should have expected it being the last day before extended time off; never fails. But not so late I couldn't get the UPS bus home smile.gif Tang met me at the door and seems to be in good spirits wub.gif
Tom's Dad
Well, home from the vet.

Tang did need to have the canine extracted. Dr. Mills was able to proceed with a numbing agent and didn't have to put him under. Him being diabetic that always worries me unsure.gif There was no sign of infection and I'm told the remaining canine and molars look to be in fair shape. But he's my one fang Tang now sad.gif He did go right for the food bowls when I let him out of his carrier - so that's a good sign.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Tang's check up went. For as loose as that tooth was it doesn't surprise me that Dr. Mills was able to extract it with just a local numbing agent. I bet your precious boy feels much better having that loose tooth gone. I'm so smiling that he went straight for the food bowls when you got home. This is always a good sign.

My friend, I'm so sorry things at work are challenging. I know call center work is not your first preference - - and understandably so. It's a high stress job even under the best of cricumstances, which makes it a high burnout job with frequent employee turn-arounds. I hope things will improve for you, my friend. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and keep your options open so that - - if you do find another job elsewhere - - you can leave on YOUR terms.

Did a bit more work on looking through old records this morning to be included in the community shred a thon later this year. Not much happening around the homestead today - - a quiet day to share with my precious Noah. We had a nice cuddle this morning, and he is stretched out next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Once again, Tracy, I'm so very glad your precious Tang's check up went well this morning. I know it takes a HUGE concern off your mind. Now you and your precious boy can relax and enjoy the rest of this weekend together. I hope the remainder of today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast, humid and warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Thank you for the kind words about Tang. It is indeed a relief that it was "by the book" and he seems no worse for wear. I forgot to mention that his weight was up about 1.5 LBS, so obviously he's eating well enough.

Transportation was much smoother this time around. I am working with Taxi 7 now (all little green hybrids and phone number all sevens) Since I have been using them, they come within no more than about 15 minutes, send me texts about where my cab is, and if I call or text back I can get automated updates in real time. And they all speak perfect English. Well the drivers do - not sure about where their dispatch is.

It's been a pretty relaxed day since we got back. At first my boy was a bit stand offish like he was mad at me. But since you are right in him probably feeling better with the tooth out, he's been his old cuddly self the rest of the day wub.gif A side effect that's actually kind of endearing is his tongue sticks out just a little sometimes. But as long as he's OK, that's all that matters.

Not mush else happening. Just getting ready for 2 more days of nothing (thanks for the encouragement about my job BTW) I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy forecasted to be rainy / stormy 60-ish humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

So glad your precious boy "recovered" from the "unpleasant" and "undignified" medical check up yesterday as you share with us "At first my boy was a bit stand offish like he was mad at me. But since you are right in him probably feeling better with the tooth out, he's been his old cuddly self the rest of the day." Going to the doctor isn't a pleasant experience for us, nor is it one for our precious companions. After you got home he probably just needed some time to "recover" from the event. I'm so glad your cab transportation is better which does help to lessen some of the stress on both you and your precious boy.

Not much going on here today. My precious Noah and I had a nice cuddle earlier this morning. He is settled on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and occasionally rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Thanks for the encouragement in Tang's recovery. Dr. Mills said to expect some bleeding, but so far nothing. I'll take that as a good sign. That and his appetite seems quite in tact. He never ceases to amaze me with his good behavior at the vet's and his quick recoveries. Something he has in common with Theresa (rest her soul)

Since I went to bed early last night, I was up at around 4:30 this morning. So decided to feed the waifs before all the "haters" started to stir. I only saw Siamese in the area by me and Little Gray and Bobtail by the other - eating together with no fighting happy.gif I also saw Tux and Tux Jr out and about yesterday.

It's been a pretty low key day with Tang cuddling with me on the couch. Looking forward to "sleeping in" (more or less) on a Monday.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy 60-ish humid Independence Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm so very glad to share your news that your precious Tang is doing well from his medical check up and especially his tooth extraction. It doesn't surprise me that he is thriving under your loving care, my friend.

I'm also glad you were able to see some of the community waifs out and about over the past couple of days. So glad you are seeing Tux Sr and Jr again - - I know how worried you were that "something" had happened to them, especially Tux Sr. Are you seeing Tux Sr and Bobtail together again yet? The colony may have gotten so large that they decided it was time to split into smaller groups with an experienced "elder" taking charge of each smaller group. Always look forward to knowing how the community waifs are doing.

Got my electric bill online this morning and am glad to share with you that the carry over balance from month to month so far is decreasing. The company "adjusts" my payment accordingly but I continue to pay the monthly budget amount which is more than the "adjusted" payment required. I'd rather have a credit balance - - or as close to one as possible - - come the year end balance due in February 2017. Since the temps are only in the 60's today and the air is on the dampish side I'm washing a blanket and some odds and ends which will be ready for the dryer in a few minutes. Running the dryer will help to take the dampness out of the air, which will help me bones feel a bit better.

My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast. While he slumbered under blankets I did what I needed to do on the big desk top computer which is now going through its security scan before I shut it down. As I'm writing to you he is settled comfortably next to me.

I'm so glad you have today to be with your precious prince Tang - - that you don't have to deal with the holiday transportation schedule, and crowds. I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Independence Day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your electric bill is in line with what you were expecting from your budget. I have a budget plan of my own with LG&E - Having worked there for 14 months I know what the threshold is (75.00 not including late fees) So I pay just enough each month to meet that threshold (for no disconnect) cool.gif

I saw Tux Sr and Bobtail in the same vicinity at the far colony this morning but not "together" exactly. Tux Sr did follow me up the hill and let me pet him though.

Well, Tang is not "one fang" but NO fangs ohmy.gif I noticed this last night putting out is can food supper. Nothing on the vet notes said anything about it (or the actual extraction for that matter) The difference is the one that was extracted shows no bone at all, while the other has a little nub (like the bottom 2) Leading me to think it came out on its own at some point. But when? I put a call in to have Dr. Mills call me Wednesday when he returns regardless. He's still eating just fine. But he can't "spear" the people food handouts anymore sad.gif He did enjoy the remains of my sausage gravy this morning though; have to make that a breakfast staple more often.

The rest of the day has been spent napping and vegging on the couch with cuddles from my boy wub.gif Back to the grind tomorrow though (sigh)

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy occasional sunbeams through the clouds 70-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Poor little Tang - - no more canine teeth. I hope Dr. Mills will be able to offer you some encouragement when you speak with him tomorrow. The good news is that he's still being able to eat, although having to adapt to the absence of four teeth. Please let us know how things go.

So glad you saw Tux Sr and Bobtail in the same area of the far community yesterday, even though they weren't "together." It's been awhile since you've seen them in the same area, so this is good news. And I'm so glad Tux Sr came up to you for some lovin'. I know this gladened your heart as the last time you were physically close to him there was a "dispute" occurring with another community waif causing Tux Sr to get spooked and run away from you. That was upsetting. Hopefully your encounter with him yesterday is an indication that Tux Sr's nerves are beginning to settle down again. Please let us know how things are going with the community clan.

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed some water underneath the basement living quarters' refrigerator. Have come to the conclusion that there is a plugged water line somewhere in the fridge, so this morning I called GE to arrange for a service tech to come take a look. A technician will be here sometime tomorrow afternoon to check out the problem and hopefully fix it. The fridge is 18 years old - - I'm not in the mood to replace another major appliance. I'll let you know how things go when I can.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. I was able to make his dental appointment for next Thursday, 7/14. I will be glad when he's back home safe and sound.
Not much else on the agenda for today, except perhaps the ongoing purging of very old financial records.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, very warm and muggy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I am so sorry to hear about your leaky fridge sad.gif I hope they are able to repair it as you have had to replace too many things lately. Thoughts and prayers on that.

Yes, poor Tang has no canines left sad.gif He did have a mishap last night and threw up - in the food bowl (sigh) Without thinking, I yelled at him for it and he slinked off to the bedroom. I'm horse from that and and yelling at my computer earlier for messing up in the middle of my post. I feel bad about the former, but not the latter. Especially since it's not his fault. I apologized and he came around though. I'm putting out less food now to reduce the temptation to "wolf" it down without chewing - and to have less the throw away in the event of another mishap (which I hope he doesn't have because he needs to be able to eat) I will try to offer more can food if it becomes necessary. I will let you know what Dr. Mills tells me.

Work is not nearly as busy as I was expecting for a Tuesday after a Monday holiday (knock wood) But the phones are still acting up (callers can't hear us)

Tang was well when I left this morning and we had a good 1/2 hour to cuddle on the bed after I was dressed and had fed the waifs. I didn't see Tux Sr, but I did see most of the rest. Poor Bobtail looked like he got caught in the rain so I tried to give him some encouragement. I'll update on Tang when I get home.

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:23! Bus was 5 minutes early, but I'm not telling wink.gif Tang was at the door waiting for me when I got in the door too wub.gif and ate his can food all up. I'm experimenting with putting just a little Cat Sip in with it. I had it left over from when I was giving it to Theresa and I thought it might help coat his tummy. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, sometimes rainy, sultry humid 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

You are so wise to begin giving your precious boy smaller portions at a time so that his tummy has a chance to adjust. I hope Dr. Mills will be able to give you some encouragement and suggestions for your precious Tang now that he has no canine teeth. Please let us know what Dr. Mills tells you, and how your precious boy is doing.

It's frustrating enough to try to do a job under the best of circumstances but not having the phone lines work properly - - particularly when your job is call center work - - is, in my opinion, just plain stupid on the part of the employer. Just keep doing the great job you're doing under the obstacles you have to endure, and hopefully as September approaches you will have the opportunity to begin seeking alternative employment - - either in a different department with your current employer, or elsewhere. Please let us know how things go.

This morning has been busy. Got the trash into the trash bin for the volunteer to take out to the street for me tomorrow, did some "touch up" vacuuming in obvious areas, and was able to prepare the area around the refrigerator for easier access for the service tech later today. Since the weather has turned consistently humid again I turned on the central AC to the upstairs, and so far it is running properly - - thankfully. When I got back inside from taking the trash to the trash bin, my precious Noah was upstairs waiting patiently for me, and came back downstairs with me as well. Kept me faithful company as I did the other chores, and is now settled comfortably next to me taking a nap from all the hard work as I'm writing to you. I will be glad when the service tech has come - - and gone - - later today. I'll let you know how things go with the fridge as soon as I can - - the later he's here, it probably won't be until tomorrow.

It's a rare occasion that you're able to get home "early" to your precious boy, and so glad you had that opportunity yesterday evening. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another hot and humid day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both well. I hope all goes well with your fridge repairs and that it doesn't stress out your precious boy too much.

Phones seem to be working OK today (knock wood) so far, but they've left the warning message on the IVR as of today. And yes, it's stupid that a call center would have this kind of phone trouble. Most likely because our phone system is internet and the slightest dip can cause issues.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Tang's recovery from his dental issues. He seems to be adjusting to the smaller portions of dry food, but he is still "guilting" me in the evenings every time I go into the kitchen. I guess it's not acceptable to be able to see any of the bottom of the bowl rolleyes.gif

He is doing well otherwise. Dr. Mills said he honestly could not say for sure if the other canine was there when he was doing the extraction, but confirmed he only pulled the one. He said just watch that the "nubs" don't get inflamed - which so far doesn't seem to be the case. I'll update on how he's doing when I get home.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well, and you, too. So glad you were able to speak with Dr. Mills and have him confirm that he only did the one extraction. I know you are keeping a close watch on your precious boy's health, and will let Dr. Mills know immediately if there are any problems. He is so blessed to have you for his Forever Dad.

I thought I could get Noah's lunch finished before the service rep came, but unfortunately not quite. The doorbell rang and that scared my little boy which sent him hiding. The young man arrived around 2 p.m. and was finished in about 15 minutes. It was a clogged water line which he was able to clear without a problem. So the fridge is back up and running as it should be. He warned me that there may still be some water in the line that may leak through onto the floor but that after this evening there shouldn't be any further leaks. He was a nice young man, and very considerate.

I'm just going to have a simple lunch of soup and a toasted cheese sandwich. Just don't feel up to making a full blown mid-day meal. My precious Noah is a happy camper again and is keeping me company as I'm writing to you. The timer on the stove is letting me know my sandwish is ready so will go warm my soup.

I hope the rest of today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam.

Sorry to hear the fridge repairman interrupted poor Noah's lunch and spooked him. I hope he got to finish it afterward.

Home safe and sound at 6:31 to a grateful Tang wub.gif He ate up all his can food/Cat Sip supper and then started on his dry food. Putting out smaller portions seems to be the way to go now with his teeth issues. He seems to be doing well.

I hope you and Noah have a great night. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, some storms possible, humid 80-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits

So glad you were able to get home yesterday evening at an acceptable time, and am so very glad your precious boy is doing well eating okay. This doesn't surprise me as he has a very diligent dad taking care of him. Please let us know how he's doing.

Worked a bit on financials this morning, got a bill paid online, and did some shredding of stuff collecting in my shred box. The big desk top is now going through its security scan before I shut it down. My precious Noah "recovered" from the interruption of his lunch yesterday, and ate his dinner with gusto and the reassurance that there would not be any further interruptions. He is keeping me faithful company now as I'm writing to you settled comfortably next to me. This time next week he will be at the doctor's office getting his teeth cleaned. I'm already looking forward to getting him back home.

I hope the rest of today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny, cloudy and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Glad to hear your little man was able to get back to his "routine" after the repairs. I hope his teeth cleaning appointment goes well.

Work has been typical back to back Thursday. It probably would not be so bad if there weren't so many people sitting in unavailable playing with their mobile devices mad.gif I have told my supervisor about it many times, but he doesn't seem to care.

I forgot to tell you yesterday I saw Tux Sr and Bobtail "together" on someone's porch coming through to get my mail on my way home. They were looking intently into the glass doors. So, I figure that's someone who also feeds them. I didn't see either of them this morning though.

Tang was well this morning when I left. He seems to be doing OK on the smaller portions of dry food and the can food/Cat Sip in the evenings. I'll update how he's doing when I get home.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:41. Three indicators my bus would be late. First, it started raining the minute I stepped outside to wait. Then it was a new coach (never get those on this route, so the old cruddy one must have broke down) and a substitute driver. But Tang greeted me at the door wub.gif and then ate up all his can food. I've started experimenting with different "flavors" now that it's just him (is that horrible of me?) Salmon tonight tongue.gif He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

When we are adjusting to a major change in our lives because of the physical loss of a beloved companion, it is perfectly natural to wonder if we are "horrible" for doing something "different" with our surviving companion - - as you share with us "I've started experimenting with different "flavors" now that it's just him (is that horrible of me?)". No, Tracy, this is not "horrible" for you to try to improve the quality of your precious Tang's life - - including his food, and particularly since he is losing his teeth. If you can find different flavors that will help him to eat - - and find it enticing to eat - - then it is highly commendable of you, and your beloved Theresa and Sir Thomas would not have it any other way because they only want what is best for little Tang, too.

So glad you have finally seen Tux Sr and Bobtail together. I know it's a good feeling to see the "buddies" together again.

My precious Noah decided to take his after breakfast nap on the bathroom window perch, and where he continues to be as I'm writing to you. He kept me faithful company as I did my morning wash up routines.

Not much going on today around the homestead. May do more sorting through the collected "stuff" for the community shred a thon.

I hope the today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy/stormy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well.

Work is some back to back calls, but not as bad as yesterday (so far - knock wood) I'm just hoping the rain moves out of here by the time I go home.

Thank you for your kind, supportive words in regard to the different things I'm trying in Tang's feeding regiment. He really polished of that salmon last night happy.gif He seems in fair spirits for the most part, but I sense he truly misses Theresa sad.gif I do worry about him being all alone all day while I'm at work. I'll update how he's doing when I get home.

Only 3.5 hours to get through before my shift ends, and (hopefully) another hour after that I'll be on my way home via the Dollar Tree. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:55 which isn't bad considering Dollar Tree run and no sign of the UPS bus to get home. Tang was at the door as usual with "Where have you been, dad? Gee whiskers!" He ate up his can food and is settling in for our weekend. He is doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm 80-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get home to your precious boy at a decent hour yesterday evening being it Friday and after work errands. I know how special it is to have your precious boy welcome you home.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. Continuing to work on my project of sorting through the collected "stuff" for the shred a thon later this year. I'm now down to the "monster" storage trunk that has been chucked full of "stuff" through the years. My precious Noah and I had a nice snuggle together after his breakfast. He is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly this morning so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy the majority of this day together, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny, warm but not as humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sounds like you kept busy today.

Got up about 10 minutes ahead of my alarm and went to feed the waifs. I saw Siamese and Tux Jr at the site by me. White Cat, Little Gray and Bobtail further down. White Cat was very vocal and Bobtail gave my hand a headbutt with a good morning meow.

I then came in to take care of Tang's food and water and proceeded to start my laundry. I hardly had the room to myself, but at least I did get there first allowing my choice of machines. I almost forgot his morning insulin ohmy.gif But remembered at about 7:00, so it wasn't too far off schedule.

I was able to hop a UPS bus to Save a Lot for the groceries a little after 8:00; getting me home by about 9:15. I had a bite to eat with Tang doing his usual begging. It's sad that he really can't have people food handouts any more with his canines missing sad.gif But perhaps that's for the best anyway. Speaking of which, I found his other mysteriously missing upper canine on the bedroom floor. Confirming he did lose it at home at some point. It was too big to be a lower one and it matched the other one perfectly sans the root. I put in the glass tube Dr. Mills gave me with the other one. Is that weird?

The rest of the day has been spent reading, channel surfing and napping with my BHMK (Big Handsome Man Kitty) He has just finished his salmon pate can food/Cat sip "soup" supper and is settling in. He still eats the dry food, just not as much which is probably also for the better. He is doing OK for the most part.

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny 80-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so smiling at your finding your precious boy's tooth and adding it to the glass tube that Dr. Mills gave you holding the extracted tooth. No, this is NOT weird. I would have saved my precious companion's baby teeth had I had the privilege of being their human guardian before they got their permanent teeth. But although this privilege was not mine, I do have a "whisker box" that holds the whiskers of my beloved Eli and Abbygayle, and my precious Noah when I have been able to find them on the floor, or on the carpet, or on the blankets, or on a table. So enjoy your precious boy's teeth, my friend - - they are a "forever treasure."

So glad you were able to see some of the community waifs during yesterday's provisioning, and am smiling that you had a welcome greeting from Bobtail. They are blessed to have your dedicated care.

It's another quiet day here at the homestead for my precious Noah and me. I'm glad for this because I know Thursday will be quite stressful for him. So I'm hoping keeping the stress levels down for him as much as possible leading into Thursday's vet trip will help him. As I'm writing to you he is stretched out on his bathroom window perch taking a nap.

I'm so glad you were able to get your chores and errands done quickly yesterday so that you and your precious Tang could enjoy most of the day together. I hope today is treating you and your precious boy kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious Tang will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both for his vet appointment Thursday. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your support in my finding Tang's other canine. I still keep Theresa's fur when I find it; which is more and more rare as time marches on. I find I miss her most on the weekends as it was our special cuddle time sad.gif Tang has taken up the slack, so to speak, in being more physically affectionate though.

I saw all my waifs this morning (Tux Jr, Siamese and Orange Tabby where in a "circle" as if my coming with food was just an extra perk) except Tux Sr and Bobtail. Perhaps (hopefully) they were off having an adventure together. The rest of the day has been spent bagging out napping and watching TV. Nat Geo has been showing a multi part series on Generation X (1961-1981) Being born in 1965 it was very nostalgic for me. What I found ironic is all the labels that Baby Boomers hung on us, I hang on Millennials. I have become the grouchy old cat guy in 807 wacko.gif

Getting ready to give Tang his soft food supper and settle in for the evening. Tomorrow it's back to the salt mines (sigh) My boy seems to be doing OK for the most part.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Monday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to see some of the waifs yesterday when you did provisioning. I also hope Bobtail and Tux Sr were hanging out together somewhere safe and cool. Always look forward to knowing how the community waifs are doing under your loving care.

I'm also glad your precious Tang, and you, are doing okay as you continue your adjustment journeys without your beloved Theresa's physical presence. I know it can feel that as more time progresses that you're "losing" contact with your beloved baby girl, but hopefully you will know her sweet Living Spirit, as your beloved Sir Thomas', is always with you - - they are always a heartbeat close to you.

Needed to order a couple of non-prescription items from Walmart, and if I had ordered last week I would have gotten the free delivery option. But because I waited an extra week until supplies are almost gone I had to opt for the standard delivery charge. Still, the entire cost of the items plus the delivery charge are less than what I would have paid getting the items from CVS. So now I know to order a little sooner. Made a trek out to the mailbox to get the mail delivered since last Friday, and discovered the door to the mailbox was hanging open because the mail carrier had not properly closed it. Don't know if that was from last Friday's or Saturday's delivery - - but it's most annoying when that happens as the mail could be blown all over the road, and I'd never be able to retrieve it - - if I were ever able to find it. This isn't the first time it has happened, and I know certainly won't be the last.

The best news of all is that my precious Noah is doing well. We had a nice snuggle this morning after his breakfast, and he enjoyed a long nap on his bathroom window perch while I worked on ordering things from Walmart. He is now eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl, so will get this off to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mostly sunny and very warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear you found your mailbox door open for who know how long. Have you called the post office about this? I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your always welcome support in how Tang and I are dealing with the loss of our precious Theresa. We are doing our best, but it still hurts. I've said it before, but I think it's affecting him more deeply than I would have anticipated. He really cared about her I think sad.gif

Work has been non-stop back to back calls more often than not. Made worse by a certain 2 people that came in at 8:15 and didn't get on the phones until 8:30 (shift 8:00-4:30 same as me) I'm sure they will leave early too in addition to avoiding calls. It really is time to update my resume - which needs to be done anyway. Unfortunately, there are no internal postings that aren't worse than what I'm already doing (if you can believe that) On top of that, staying in the Discover queue is permanent apparently. They'll probably outsource all our jobs at some point anyway dry.gif

I saw all my waifs this morning but Tux Sr (Bobtail was a late comer) I have not seen Tux Sr in a while and hope he's OK unsure.gif

Tang was quite talkative this morning, but threw up his dry food this morning. He seemed OK by the time I left though. I'll update how he's doing when I get home.

I can't wait for this day (or my shift at least) to end. I hope today is treating you and Noah well and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:30 on the dot. I was seriously thinking my bus was super late as I was out there at 5:23 and it's not due until 5:29. But just as my watch turned 5:51, there is came from the other way. This means it was seriously early at least on the first pass. Here again, I'll take that over late any day. Tang greeted me at the door (best part of the day - especially the day I had) He gobbled up his supper and drank lots of water. I was concerned cleaning out the litter box to see he hadn't peed all day except for what I cleaned this morning ohmy.gif But just a little while ago he went (whew) He is settling in with his favorite catnip sock. He seems to be well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your precious boy had an upset tummy yesterday morning after eating the dry food, but am glad he was doing better after you got home. I know how you feel about being concerned with the lack of activity in your precious Tang's kitty latrine, and am glad he made up for "lost time" yesterday evening after you got home. Noah sometimes "misses" what I call a "potty routine" but then makes up for it later when Nature calls big time. When your precious boy's routines changes in any, and every way, it does raise concern.

Worked a bit on financials this morning as my precious boy slumbered. The credit union has gone from monthly statements to quarterly statements, so I worked on bringing my modest savings account up to date. I remember when savings accounts used to earn a minimum of 7 percent interest - - now they earn only a fraction of a percent every month. No wonder people can't get ahead with their savings - - all a part of the government push to invest in the stock market - - to which I say a robust "no thank you." Also worked on going through more "stuff" for the community-wide shred-a-thon. Am down to the last pile of "stuff" in the monster storage trunk to go through. Once I'm done with that I can then go through the many years of tax returns to decide which ones I absolutely need to keep.

My precious Noah decided to have his after breakfast nap on his bathroom window perch, so we didn't get snuggle time this morning, but we have had a couple of hugs after starting the day together, and will probably have a few more throughout the rest of the day.

Sorry your job has turned into a royal headache, my friend - - not that it was any "picnic" to begin with but it did seem it was less stressful until recently. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, my friend, and keep your options open. Please let us know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm, humid and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. Sounds like you had a busy day. Sorry to hear about the low interest on your savings. I can see why you would not want to invest in the stock market, but as I recall from some of my 401k plans there were what they considered lower yield but "safe" investments. Something to think about perhaps.

I must be more stressed out than I thought as I seem to have started sleep walking again. I went to sleep in the bed last night and when I woke up 15 minutes before my alarm, I was on the couch. I have no idea how I got there and felt like I hadn't slept a wink. Between that and the day I had yesterday, I took a mental health day.

It was nice to spend some time with Tang. He's eating his supper and settling in. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very humid storms in the forecast 80-ish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you took yesterday off considering the events you experienced during the night. It's important that you take care of yourself, my friend, both for your sake and of your precious Tang who needs you.

Noah and I had a nice sleep in this morning, but things have been busy since rousing for the day. Have deposited the weekly trash in the trash bin for the volunteer to take to the street for me tomorrow, and checked the fuel levels in the propane tank. Chores are done now, and my precious boy is settled comfortably next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you. Tomorrow is going to be a BIG day here for both my precious Noah and me, so want to keep things as calm today as possible for him.

I hope you were able to get some restful sleep last night so that you feel strong enough to go into work today. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe, comfortable, dry, and expedient so that you and your precious prince Tang can have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid day's greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your little man that all goes well tomorrow. Let us know.

Felt well enough to come to work today, but I certainly got up on the wrong side of the bed. As Tang could attest to my general grumpiness. At some point this morning, they took me out of all work groups but Discover. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or a mistake, but I'm not saying anything. I'm happy for any respite I can get. Mine and another sup approached me about some senior rep slots (PC) that are coming up. No thank you I said. 1.) The pay increase is negligible for the extra responsibility. 2.) That's where I started at the old place, and here again - no thank you. Plus, I worked too hard to get M-F 8-4:30. The only thing I will post for going forward is non-customer facing.

Other than my grumbling, Tang was in pretty good spirits and I managed to put aside about 30 extra minutes to cuddle with him on the bed prior to leaving for work. I'll update his status when I get home. I only saw Tux Jr (in a tree) and Little Gray provisioning the waifs this morning. I hope the others are OK unsure.gif

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound (albeit hot and sweaty) at 6:32 to a grateful Tang wub.gif He ate up all his supper and is settling in. He seems to be doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny sultry humid warm 80-ish Thursday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I can't help but chuckle a bit at your "grumpiness" yesterday morning. I find that when I have the "grumpies" it's usually because I'm tired - - for whatever reason - - tired from not sleeping well, tired from too many things happening all at once, etc.. The good news is that our precious companions take our "grumpies" in stride, and I'm sure the extra cuddle time you had with your precious Tang before leaving for work helped to improve your spirits.

I can perfectly understand your wanting to wait for a position that does not include customer interface. There comes a time when you just really need a change, and I hope you're able to acquire a position that will allow you make the transition. Please let us know how things go.

My precious boy was a bit upset that he didn't get his breakfast this morning as usual. And he knew the "jig was up"when he got on his feeding table. Instead of getting his breakfast I attached his leash to his collar so that he couldn't get away from me as I was taking him to his carrier. But he got in his carrier like a good fellow and didn't force his way out while I zipped the top closed, and he got into his car crate like a good boy. I guess he was resigned to the reality that he didn't have much choice in the matter. I will be so glad when I'm able to bring him home later today.

So I'm working on financials and have printed off my monthly bank statement. Will go through the checkbook to mark off the payments processed by the bank so that I can then focus on the "balance a thon" project in the next few days. Otherwise not much else is going on today. Early this morning there was a deer settled very nicely in the wooded area of the back yard enjoying the coolness of the shade. Unfortunately he / she was still there when I needed to take Noah to the car in his stroller. When I opened the big door to take him out this of course disturbed the deer, who took off through the open gate into the thicker wooded area. I really don't like disturbing the woodland residents when they come to rest on the property, but it was time for Noah and me to begin our journey to his doctor's office. I'm hoping the deer will come back at some point in time to enjoy the property again.

It will probably be late this afternoon, early evening when I can get my precious Noah to bring him home, so I probably won't be letting you know how things go until tomorrow, as when I get him home I will need to focus on him.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Off and on rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear the deer got spooked, but your priority was to get Noah safely to the vet in a timely manner. I hope all goes well. Let us know. I am chuckling at Noah knowing the "jig was up" But it sounds like he accepted the situation in the end. That's pretty much how Tang is pre vet visit.

Back in all the work groups today with back to back calls while the usual suspects take none (sigh) I'm really sick to death of this. But all I can do is bide my time and hope something turns up in the internal postings.

Me and Tang managed to get some cuddle time again before I left for work this morning. He seemed in good spirits and fairly chatty happy.gif I'll update how he's doing when I get home. I saw Tux Jr and Siamese this morning and White Cat further down. No others though. Hoping they are doing OK.

Coming up on 3 hours until my shift ends and another hour until I'm headed home (assuming the bus is on time) I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly, and that he gets a clean bill of health. I hope you both have a blissful evening, TTFN

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 6:34. I'd hoped to stay ahead of the rain, but was not so lucky. At least it was fairly light with no wind. Tang greeted me at the door as usual, the best part of my day wub.gif He gobbled up his supper and is settling in. He seems in good spirits and doing well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish T G I F greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you and your precious boy were able to enjoy some quality cuddle time yesterday morning before leaving for work. And am so glad you saw some of the community waifs during your provisioning. It would be so interesting to have remote cameras on their living areas so that you could keep track of their activities. Have you thought about getting a camera for your apartment so that you could see how your precious boy is doing while you're at work?

Sorry you got caught in yet another rain event on your way home yesterday. Hope you didn't get too soaked in your travels.

Thank you for keeping my precious Noah in your thoughts yesterday for his dental procedure. Was able to bring him home early yesterday evening. He was still very much under the influence of the anesthesia - - somewhat disoriented and agitated. His blood glucose levels were 119 yesterday which is high for him, even though 119 is still well within the normal blood glucose range. Even though I gave him 2/3 of a can of his low glucose food this did not satisfy him (which equals his normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner portions in one day). Around 10 p..m. or so he finally began to settle down, and we both crashed for the night out of sheer exhaustion. He is doing much better today - - more settled for which I'm very happy to see. He kept me company on his bathroom window perch while I took my shower this morning, and is now looking out the big door windows to see what he can see. I'm so glad this is over with for another year.

Not much happening around the homestead today. Both Noah and I are taking things easy today - - recuperating from yesterday's events.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, hot with a possibility of rain (probably right when I go home) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. Sorry to hear his BG was up, but glad he seems to be doing better today. I wish Tang had 119.

Yes, a camera outside would be nice to keep watch over the waifs. The office has some CT cameras, but I don't think it would be wise to ask them why I'd want to see the footage wink.gif I thought about a camera for home, but most systems are way out of price range. I thought about a web camera ( I used to have one) but I don't like to leave the computer on all day.

Work has been a nightmare of back to back calls which I'm sure I'm taking all by myself mad.gif Thankfully it will be over soon - but not soon enough.

Tang was doing well this morning, chatty and all to happy to have a pre-work cuddle smile.gif I'll let you know how he's doing when I get home.

TT and TT

PS: Home safe and sound at 7:01 (Bus home was late and errands) Tang greeted me anxiously at the door happy.gif Gobbled up his supper and is settled on his favorite catnip sock (all mine he appears to be saying) He seems well, and we're both looking forward to a well earned rest.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny very humid 80-ish Caturday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious boy doing well and in good spirits.

Getting home late in the evening after a full day on the job is exhausting, but am glad you were able to get some of your errands done on the way home. I'm so smiling at your precious Tang's possession of the catnip sock.

I can understand your not wanting to leave your computer on all day. I guess it makes sense that you would need to using a web camera. I see the advertisements for technology like this on the TV but am totally ignorant as to how it actually works - - until someone knowledgeable like you educates me.

Worked some on financials this morning bringing records up to date. Also had to do a major security update on the big desk top which took f o r e v e r. When the security program did the normal update the identity theft protection component wouldn't update. Since I had a similar problem with the lap top a couple months ago or so and had to call AVG for assistance, I wrote down the instructions to run the repair program just in case I needed to do it again. So I got out the instructions and ran the repair program - - which took f o r e v e r - - but corrected the problem. But the program needed to download and install all the security updates that had been "lost" during the repair - - and that took f o r e v e r. FINALLY everything updated and all is running properly again. Computers are great when they work but when they have "issues" they can be a royal headache. Once that problem was resolved I was able to do what I needed to do on the big desk top.

Not much else happening around the homestead here today. My precious Noah is doing well, which is always a blessing of good news to share with you. He is settled comfortably next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

I hope you have been able to get your chores / errands done quickly today so that you and your precious Tang can enjoy most of this day together, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious prince Tang are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm sorry to hear you had so many tech issues today, but glad to hear it's better now. I can certainly sympathize. Last week on a lark, I got a Win Cleaner thumb drive at the Dollar Tree with a "free" 1 year activation. It took forever and I'm not really convinced it helped my PC's performance all that much dry.gif

Had the laundry room to myself up to the point of getting my clothes out of the dryer. Saw some of my usual "die hard" waifs, but not all of them. White Cat is very chatty and Little Gray rolls over on her back a safe distance from me, but still follows. It's not trust I guess, but I do take it as expressing gratitude.

Speaking of f o r e v e r, that's what it seemed like for my morning errands. I left at about 7:15 and didn't get home until almost 11:00 blink.gif Even doing Kroger and the library, that seemed a bit much. And I hate going to Kroger because I end up spending too much. Not because they're particularly higher than Save a Lot, but because they have WAY more selection. I'll have to try to balance that out next week at Save a Lot.

Coming down the back path on my way back to my apartment though I saw another big white butterfly wub.gif I said a silent thanks to Theresa and Tom.

Tang is well, but has only come to cuddle a few times throughout the day whilst I bagged out on the couch. I tried another "flavor" of can food for his supper tonight: Fish and chicken diced cuts in gravy. I worried he'd do like Theresa and Tom and lick off the gravy leaving the cutlets, but he actually ate it all up happy.gif He is settling in and I'm about to clean up around here and take a shower, then I will do the same.

TT and TT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Thought I would stop by and wish you and Lt. Tang a happy Caturday. I hope you both are doing well. All is well here. I'm finally feeling well enough to get my dental work done, had to put it off when I was sick.

Well, we have one little faithful waif left, Blackie. Fluffy and Stryker never did come back. Socks shows up sometimes. A squirrel comes by and grabs a bite every once in awhile. Squirrels are funny.

I was looking out the kitchen window today and saw a little white butterfly. He ate some nectar from a small butterfly plant I have in a pot on the patio. It has pink blooms. Not many butterflies this year, not even the tiny ones that eat from the clover in the grass. Not many honey bees either.

I hope you and Tang have a quiet, safe, and cozy evening. We must treasure each day with our little ones. I still miss my Mickey so much.....God Bless...TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

Hope you folks had a good Caturday. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but glad you are better now. Also sorry to hear only Blackie comes by now and Fluffy and Stryker not at all. But at least Socks comes by sometimes. Sounds like Mickey decided to send you a little white butterfly too wub.gif

I woke up on my own at 3:30ish this morning after having a vivid dream about living in 2 very different realities. The first was all too familiar with people from my past, but the 2nd not at all wacko.gif In that one Theresa was still with me and a big orange cat (not Tang but he was there too) that I can only assume was supposed to be Tom (even though he wasn't orange)

Since I was up, I decided to feed the waifs. I only saw White Cat at the far end (chatty as always) and Tux Jr coming back. But he/she wasn't anywhere near the food; just wanted to "talk" and roll around happy.gif I'm letting Tang have some balcony time since it's reasonably cool out now.

Thank you for stopping by and catching us up. I hope you, hubby, Blackie and what ever other waifs that come around (squirrels included) have a great day with more blessings from Mickey. TTFN

TT and TT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid summer 80-ish Sunday greetings to you and your precious prince Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I can empathize with your errands seeming to take longer than usual when all you want to do is get them done and get home as quickly as possible. I'm glad you were finally able to get home to your precious boy so that you could truly begin to enjoy the weekend together.

I'm so smiling at Little Gray rolling over on his / her back for you. This is a sign of trust and appreciation for all you're doing. It is indeed a compliment to YOU, my friend.

I see things like the WinCleaner advertised on TV and wonder if they really do any better than the process of doing the Windows disk clean up and defrag programs. I do the C drive clean up program every week and run the defrag program occasionally. I'm not sure even this actuallly helps the system to run better, but it was recommended by a tech savvy rep a few years ago, so I've continued to do it through the years.

Both Noah and I slept in late this morning. I finally woke up around 11 a.m.. My precious boy slumbered until about 11:30. This is a very rare occurrence, but I guess we both needed the extra rest from Thursday's activities. My precious boy is on his bathroom window perch as I'm writing to you.

Not much happening around the homestead here today. The temps are supposed to be very summerish this week, so I'm glad I don't have any errands to do until next week. So I can focus on doing projects like reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement and beginning the "bill-a-thon" preparation to pay bills for August.

I hope your precious Tang enjoyed the early balcony time, that you and your precious boy are enjoying this day together, and that you and your precious Tang will have a peaceful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious boy. Please know you and your precious prince Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious boy are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.