Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad and happy Caturday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope you and your fur kids are well and having a good weekend so far. It's raining here, but at least it's not snowing. Mindy and Shelley are so happy to have me home, and Mindy had to have her weekend dose of snuggling this morning. She rolled on her back and rubbed her face all over my arm. Thankfully, the red bump by her ear is beginning to shrink and heal. Shelley is sitting in the window, no doubt looking for that tabby cat in the other building.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad the bus driver was kind to take you to your apartment and let you off. Although it was quite an effort, the payoff is that you have not had any errands to do today which allows you and your precious companions to enjoy all of today together.

The wind is quite gusty today around 40 mph. The sun is also shining bright, so I ventured forth this morning to see if I could make anymore progress on snow removal on the driveway. The temps got up to around 50 degrees here yesterday and I knew there would be some snow melt but I wasn't sure how much. When I opened the garage door I saw God's blessing: what had been a foot of snow yesterday while I was working with snowblower is now reduced to just inches on the driveway - - with the exception of the ice dam at the street. So with walker, snow shovel, and steel garden shovel in hand I went to the street end of the driveway - - and received another blessing: the ice dam was not frozen solid. So I was able to clear away the major part of the ice dam using just my snow shovel. However, with the wind blowing quite fiercely I had to be careful because the wind would sometimes pull at the shovel like it was wind sail. I was only able to work about a half hour, but I did make some good progress. The temps are forecasted to warm up considerably this coming week, so the driveway should be clear by mid week. The areas southwest of here got over 2 feet of snow. If that had happened here I would definitely have needed to send out an S O S for help.

I have had my shower, Noah and I have had our lunch and my precious boy is snuggled on my lap taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you, and the wind is still blowing quite fiercely outside. Still have the lunch dishes to clean up. Now that I have significantly put a dent in the ice dam at the street I could take a walk to the mailbox to get the mail, but I'm not going to venture forth again in this wind. There isn't anything in the mail that is of importance, so whatever is there can wait until Monday or Tuesday to be retrieved.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom and Happy Caturday to you, your precious Mindy and Shelley. I hope you are all well.

I'm glad to hear Miss Mindy is doing better. The sun has been shining here and the snow continues to melt. Perhaps soon, when the temps start getting up into the 50s as predicted, there will be balcony time again (when it isn't raining that is) But there were cuddles all around as I didn't have to go anywhere today.

I hope you and the girls had a good day and an even better evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and slightly warmer Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I'm glad you were blessed with higher temps so quickly as to greatly aid your snow removal efforts. What's this about a walker? You have never mentioned a need for that. Is this new, were you injured? unsure.gif

It was worth the extra effort last night in order to truly sleep in and spend more time with Theresa and Tang. Well, I didn't really sleep in per se. My watch alarm was still set for 5:30 and it did wake me up. But I got up again at 7 to give Tang his insulin and get the paper. When I did that, Theresa bolted out the door ohmy.gif That's when it's good to have an indoor entrance with only 4 units with fire doors on either side. She scurried up one side and down the other, stopping only to scratch the much thicker carpet of the hallway. Which is when I finally caught her, little minx wub.gif I'm not sure what she was trying to accomplish; perhaps stir crazy from no balcony time for so long.

As always when I feel hurried, I forgot a few things at the store last night, but nothing of immediate import that I can't get at the Kroger by work when weather permits. Not much else happening. I hope today has treated you and Noah well and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday to you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! I know you enjoyed your at home day today with your furbabies. Theresa probably has cabin fever. smile.gif

We are doing okay here. The electricity went off about 1:30 Thursday morning in our neighborhood, but they got it back on within an hour and a half, so it wasn't too bad. I don't know what happened. We got a little snow last night, seems like we get a little snow every night. Maybe it will all melt next week with warmer temps.

Kitties keep coming and going. Smokey is the most faithful. He is friends with Whitie, they kissed with their noses this evening. Bobtail came by and tried to pick a fight. He finally went across the street. One day I saw a bunch of different cats in the driveway. Leggins was giving them the evil eye. There was a new yellow and white one and 2 gray striped ones, looked like twins. They all looked healthy. They finally went down the street.

I don't know if you read in my thread where I dreamed of Mickey. It seemed so real.......I hope you and furbabies have a pleasant and cozy evening and a blessed Sunday.......Always thinking of angel Sir Tom too........TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. Hope you are well and had a good Caturday.

I'm sorry to hear about the power outage, but glad they got it back on fairly quickly. It's good to hear the kitties (especially faithful Smokey) still come by for your kind hospitality. Sounds like Mickey is telling you he is doing OK in your dreams. I have not had one about Sir Thomas in some time now.

I still have kitties come for the food I leave out, even wait for me and follow at a distance until I set it down. I have not seen Siamese or Tuxedo in a while though sad.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and we have all enjoyed snuggles today. I hope you, hubby and the kitties have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sooooo glad your precious little girl did not have access to the outside when she bolted out the door yesterday morning. WOW!!! That certainly gets the blood pressure pumping for sure. Glad you can pick up your grocery items during the week.

Thank you for your concern about my needing a walker. There are occasions when I still need to use my walker because of the injuries sustained to my right leg, hip, and foot from the automobile collision 28 years ago. One of the occasions is during bad weather - - like snow. There is no way I could navigate in the snow without the help of my walker. And for added precaution I also wear my medical alert pendant when I am outside just in case I should fall and not be able to move. Otherwise, when the weather is decent I use my cane for stability when I run errands and go get the mail from the mailbox.

Today my precious Noah and I are thoroughly enjoying a lazy day together, and it is absolutely delightful!! Noah is on his window perch next to the bed looking out the window as I'm writing to you. Still have lunch dishes to do - - eventually.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a tad warmer greeting to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I didn't know you still had issues of that nature from your accident years ago. I'm just glad you didn't fall down and need the alert. Be careful out there my friend.

Laundry was a breeze with no people or left over loads. Theresa didn't try any "great escapes" again wink.gif The day has otherwise been uneventful filled with lazy snuggles with Theresa and Tang. My project for the evening is ripping some of my relaxation CDs to the computer to put on my MP3 player as I'm kind of getting tired of the same music on the rides into work.

Not much else going on. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny decent Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It's always nice to have a lazy day with our companions, and I know your precious Theresa and little Tang thoroughly enjoyed all the snuggles with you yesterday. I hope your travels today will be safe as there is another round of frozen / freezing whatever headed here from the westward locations.

This morning was an early rise day as I wanted to go out to see what the situation was with the driveway. Although temps over the weekend did get above freezing, not much melting happened Saturday or Sunday. My walk to the street this morning with my walker and shovels barely broke the glazed surface. So I began the task of shoveling off the top of the snow pack still on the driveway so that the sun would have a better chance of melting the rest off down to the gravel. I was a quarter of the way down the driveway when a young man stopped and offered to finish the job for me. So while he shoveled the frozen glaze off the snow pack I talked to him. Today is his day off from work because of the holiday. Through the course of our chatting he told me his 16 year old daughter, who is a cheerleader at the high school, is recovering from major hip surgery from being dropped so many times doing the high flips. I told him about my challenges with my right leg from the injuries from the automobile collision, and he was so thankful that someone actually understood the trauma and pain his daughter is going through. So - - this morning was a blessing for me, and I hope I was a blessing for him as well that he can share with his daughter. After he left I worked on clearing the steps to the front porch, and when I got that done I needed to come inside to get my feet my warmed. My turn around area is still snow covered, but I'm hoping the warmer temps will clear that.

So the rest of the day is just going to be resting and enjoying the sunbeams with my precious little Noah - - who is letting me know that his tummy is beginning to run on fumes. So as soon as I get this off to you I will go to the kitchen and start warming his lunch. Thursday I'm hoping to be able to make a run into town to pick up more food for him. Two cases of the 5 ounce cans lasts him a month.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold, rainy and gloomy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad to hear the nice man came to help you with the snow removal and provide meaningful dialogue about your physical condition and his daughter's.

Today started out sunny, but the rain moved in around 2:00. Since we were so slow due to the holiday (banks closed and no funds released by the IRS) Our boss's boss (our boss was out with a sick child) asked those of us that came in early if we wanted to leave early. Since the other guy lives in my general direction, he offered me a ride home. This proved to be a good thing as it POURED on the way home unsure.gif

But walking in the door even earlier than when I catch the "early" second bus was met with great enthusiasm by Theresa and Tang wub.gif We all laid down for a brief nap to the rain with the presidents doumentary droning on the History channel in the background. Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to bring sunny skies and 50ish degrees. I think the rain finally washed all the snow away! I hope it stays that way.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny melting Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

How so very nice that you were able to leave work early yesterday AND get a ride home!! I know this made your commute home easier in the pouring rain. I can so relate to how you're feeling about the rain washing the snow away. There are many people in many areas of the country who also share your (and my) feelings - - good riddance.

The temps got into the mid 50's today, and there are patches of ground now showing through the blanket of snow. It's going to take several days of this warmer weather to make significant progress in making the snow disappear.

I didn't do anything outside today - - just enjoyed sharing the day with my precious Noah, responded to some e-mails, and did a little bit of work on financials in preparation for the upcoming "bill-a-thon" for March. As I'm writing to you my precious Noah is stretched out on my legs resting until it's time for me to get him his dinner.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I can imagine it felt good to just relax and enjoy the sunbeams after all the hard work you have put in outdoors.

It was sunny here and got all the way up to 57 today, but there are still a few stubborn patches of snow and ice; these are the times to exorcise caution as those stray patches can still trip us up. That's how I broke my ankle in 1992. It's supposed to get to 68 by Thursday, but with T storms (sigh) Then, unfortunately, back to the 20s and 30s for the following week. Winter does not quite appear to be done with us yet.

Work was OK, I was scheduled Saturday next week but managed to trade with the guy who gave me a lift home yesterday. He' starting to get calls about other jobs, and our manager's last day is next Friday blink.gif And he was a FT employee. I guess it's time to start digging into my emails again for job searches, not that I'm looking forward to it. Why, oh why can't I find a nice boring clerical/support FT job to stick with the next 15-20 years? It's now been almost 4 years of lousy temp jobs and UE. Perhaps the Good Lord has decided I have not yet suffered enough.

Travels home were not bad. I was able to cut out 15 minutes early (slow again) and get home about 30 minutes earlier than when I catch the regular "early" bus. Theresa and Tang were most pleased with this. They have eaten and are settling in. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny melting Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad your travels home yesterday went so well allowing you to get home sooner to your precious fur tribe.

What is happening in our society with employment has very little to do with God, my friend. It's all based on the almighty dollar - - profit - - and from what I hear on the news companies are devising every way possible to replace people in the workforce with computers and eventually robots. Anyone who doesn't have the skills to "fit in" with the technology will not have a place in the workforce. So, please know you what you are experiencing with temporary positions is becoming more the norm than the exception. You are wise to begin your job search now, my friend, and please let us know how things go.

Made a trip into town today to get more food for my precious Noah. I thought about waiting until tomorrow but I decided not to wait. Noah is on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed settled down for his after lunch nap, and the timer on the stove is letting me know that my lunch is now ready. Nothing exciting happening today - - which is nice.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warmer and sunny greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm sure he appreciated the replenishment of food even though you had to leave to do it.

Travels today were fine both ways. Got home at the later time, but it's all good. Work was busier, but still not up to the usual volume. They even had us starting to sort the call back sheets by issue category - it's usually done later in the season. I found out Craig's List posts a lot of local jobs from some of the other agents - in fact one found this one through there. I guess it's worth checking out. I'd really like to be working by the end of this assignment to avoid all that UE "delay" on payments and, well, having to depend on those surly civil servants at all frankly.

Theresa and Tang are both doing well. Bellies full and settling in. I have not seen any of the local waifs for a few days, but the food bowl is empty each night, so I keep filling it. At least the bitter cold seems to be over which is good for them.

Not much else happening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Like you, I am also hoping you can avoid the UE journey when this assignment ends, and I hope you're able to find another job soon. You are wise to begin your job search now. Will your contact at Brooksource be of help to you?

So glad your travels home yesterday went smoothly, and it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well. And I can well imagine how the homeless waifs are thankful for the warmer temps for now as well, although I hear on the weather reports how another "polar express" is expected to sweep through the country once again beginning next week.

Not too many sunbeams shining today for my precious little boy, but he's in good spirits nonetheless. He is patiently waiting for me to start getting his lunch ready for him. Not much going on around the homestead today - - trying to get up the enthusiasm to begin the bill-a-thon work for March.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warmer with thunderstorms greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, though sorry to hear he had no sunbeams to bask in. We are going to see some pretty severe thunderstorms here this evening unsure.gif

Travel to and from were fairly timely. Another slow day at work, if this trend continues the assignment may be over sooner than expected (sigh) They have been sending us home early as it is. Fortunately, with my buses that only equates to a 1/2 hour - but it adds up. I try to look on the bright side of getting more time with Theresa and Tang, who are both doing well by the way.

Not much else to report here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to know your travels homeward went well yesterday, and hope the storms that came through your area were not severe. This area had the potential for strong thunderstorms early this morning, but thankfully that did not happen - - all we got was some light rain. At some point in time the sun is supposed to make an appearance - - I hope so. Tomorrow temps are supposed to be around 60 degrees with bright sunshine and calm winds. If so, I might be able to get outside and resume my leaf clean up before the temps take another tumble come next week. What a difference a week makes - - this time last week there was a foot of snow on the ground.

Noah and I bit the bullet this morning and worked on the March bill-a-thon. I have the checks written that will be mailed next week - - and Monday begins the task of paying bills online. The birds have been quite active today keeping my precious Noah entertained. At the moment he is perched on the back of my chair keeping me company as I'm writing to you. It's getting time for me to go to the kitchen to start getting his lunch ready for him, so I'll get this off to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Looks like our forecasts for tomorrow are about the same, which is good because I desperately need to get my unruly locks cut. Chuckling at "Noah and I bit the bullet this morning and worked on the March bill-a-thon. " I hope he was helpful happy.gif

Travels to and from work were OK, except what I thought was a 6:15 Fern Valley bus home was actually the 5:45 running that late blink.gif No wonder it was so crowded. But I got home just fine to greetings from my precious Theresa and Tang. Both are well with full bellies. Work itself was OK; busier than that last few days, but still down from the past week or so. I had an email about another job, but it's just 3 months temp. I'll have to think on that one. Bird in the hand and all that.

TGIF beckons with Caturday waiting in the wings. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope all three of you are well and enjoying the weekend. I stopped by the pet cemetery today to pick up the vases from Tina and Danny's graves. The roses I had put there for Valentine's Day held up pretty good considering the bad weather. Poor Miss Mindy ended up at the vet again yesterday for her skin allergies. She had a rash on her tummy and still the pustule on her ear and they gave her a shot of antibiotics and a steroid. Will write more in Mindy's sick forum....not too happy right now.

Tried to run the A/C last night and I discovered it wasn't working. Neither was the heat. Thankfully maintenance came out today and fixed it. They put a new thermostat in and fixed something else. So now I have a digital thermostat which is nice, I guess. It's in the 50s here today and real nice. Hope you're having decent weather too.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny beautiful Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your errands today have been accomplished in good time so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of today together - - perhaps some balcony time as well to get some fresh air in their lungs.

Today is beautiful outside, so I worked for 2.5 hours raking and bagging leaves. Today's count is 9 bags, added to the 5 bags I raked last month, brings the grand total to 14 bags thus far for the back yard. Got a lot accomplished today. If push came to shove I could mow the rest with my mulching mower.

Late yesterday afternoon I tried to make an appointment for Noah's quarterly check up to include a blood glucose check with Dr. Neel, only come to find out that the new schedule for her under the new management is the early morning appointments up to 9 a.m., then she's in surgery, and takes afternoon visits only with clients. I was informed I could bring Noah in and leave for the day - - which for a check up to me is unacceptable with no opportunity to speak with Dr. Neel. OR - - I could have him shuffled from one vet to another - - whoever is "available" when I need to make an appointment - - which I do not like that option either. So, I have bit the bullet and made an appointment for him with his previous vet where she is working now at the vet practice in Rocky Mount for Tuesday morning. I am old fashioned - - I want consistent medical care for him with a vet who is going to care for him - - and be available to me to answer my questions.

Noah has had his lunch and is now curled up on my lap taking his afternoon nap. My lunch is ready too - - it's very simple today - - soup and a egg salad sandwich.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom and Happy Caturday to you, and I hope you, Miss Mindy, and Shelley are well. I read about Mindy in your post and replied there. I hope she gets better soon.

Sorry about your heat and AC. When they fixed mine a few was ago it was the exact same thing and I got a digital thermostat too. They are nice, and more accurate. Fortunately I have not had need for either lately. The weather here is decent; 63 and sunny. I hope you and the girls had a good day and that you enjoy a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you had quite a work out in the yard today. I'm sure it feels good to take it easy.

Errands today were not too bad, just took a long time. I got up in time to get down to the bus stop to catch an 8:50 bus getting down to the shopping center shortly after 9:00 when Great Clips opens. The stylist was very nice and turned out to be animal lover from the conversation I overheard with her precious customer. We had a nice chat about cats and dogs during my cut. Somehow the topic of my age came up, and she guessed me a good 10 years younger which felt good. For a moment, I had the notion she may have been flirting with me, but I'm sure it was all in my mind. Still, it brightened my day. After that I dropped off some books at the library, but missed the bus (sigh) So, I went back into the library to wait and checked out a few graphic novels. I caught the next bus and went to Dollar Tree, Save a Lot and home.

I was gone about 3.5 hours total. Theresa and Tang were pleased to see me, and it was warm enough to reward them with some balcony time. I'm sorry to hear you got such a run around with Noah's vet appointment. I totally understand the need for consistency and not wanting to do "drop off" for a check up. That's why the lady at Banfield always lets me know ahead of time when Dr. Mills is going to be at my location to set an appointment for my kids. I hope Noah gets a clean bill of health. Not much else happening here. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday Evening to you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa. I hope you all are doing well. We all are okay except for kind of a sad day. It's Mickey's 3 year angel-versary. I've been sitting here looking at picture albums on the computer going back to 2001. He was happy and playful with us from the beginning.

All our little strays still come around except Tabby1, like I said before. Smokey is out there waiting for breakfast most every morning and in the late afternoon for dinner. We give him dry food with some canned at dinner and just the dry for breakfast. We leave quite a bit of food and leftovers out over night. I looked out late one night and saw a big bandit, he was desperately looking for food which was already gone. I felt sorry for him so I tossed him a granola bar. smile.gif That scared him, but it was gone later.

I hope you all didn't get bad storms night before last. We were prepared, but they kind of died out before they got here. But we did get a lot of rain and some thunder.

I must go, I want to watch some old Andy Griffith shows tonight. I like the old TV shows better than the new ones, but I do like American Idol, Survivor, and Dancing with the Stars.

I hope you and furbabies have a cozy evening and a blessed Sunday. I hope your little strays are doing okay.....God Bless..TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. Happy Caturday to you, hubby and the kitties. I hope you are well. I'm sorry you were sad about Angel Mickey's anniversary - I'm sure he, Sir Thomas and the others are watching over us always.

I'm glad to hear the kitties are still coming around such as your regular Smokey. I'm still hoping Tabby1 found a home. I may have seen Siamese the other day, but sadly still not his/her friend Tuxedo sad.gif I still put food out every night and twice on weekends though. Last night I almost ran into one of the live in maintenance men while doing so. I think (hope) he'll keep his mouth shut - that is if he does not want the manager to know about the unauthorized splitter he put on my cable tap the TWC tech found when my modem kept going down a few weeks ago.

Sgt. Tang and Princess Theresa are well. She needs her claws clipped as our rough play proved earlier. I hope you all have had a good day and that your evening is even better. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny very pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your errands yesterday went well, although it was a long venture. I'm quite sure your precious fur tribe enjoyed the balcony time and hopefully will be able to do so again today.

Have been working on getting copies of Noah's medical records pulled together for Tuesday's appointment with Dr. Bolen. Want to do a summary sheet to help with the various copies, so will be busy doing that.

I want to thank you for your support and understanding about my feelings regarding Noah's medical care. If he were younger without any chronic medical conditions, having a primary veterinary care provider might not be an issue - - thus him seeing whoever is available when I make an appointment would be okay. However, now that he does have a chronic medical condition with diabetes and he is a senior citizen I do not feel comfortable with this type of care. He really needs someone who will be familiar with his medical challenges on a routine basis. The only time I will feel comfortable having a different vet take care of him now is for emergency situations only.

Noah has just had his lunch and mine is on the stove warming. I am sooo enjoying a lazy day today after working in the yard yesterday. But I have a good feeling of satisfaction for what I accomplished yesterday.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Colder and wetter greetings to you and your precious Noah, looks like another week of cold air. I hope you are both well.

No thanks necessary in regard to my understanding of your feelings regarding Noah's vet care. Had I been as on top of things over 3 1/2 years or so ago, perhaps Sir Thomas would still be with me sad.gif I hope he gets a clean bill of health. Let us know how it goes.

Laundry went OK with no people or machines in use; just the way I like it and the reason I get up so darn early. Theresa and Tang are well and have taken turns cuddling me today, although are rather unhappy with me at the moment because I clipped their claws. "Gee whiskers dad, we just got them nice and sharp!" I was prompted to do so by a spat I had to break up. Fur siblings (sigh)

Not much else happening here on this slightly rainy Sunday. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a warm and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny breezy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your laundry time yesterday went smoothly, and that you and your precious fur tribe enjoyed much quality time together. I am so chuckling about the "pedicure" procedure - - I can sooooo relate to the challenges as nail clipping time is not my precious Noah's favorite activity either.

I finally got my precious Noah's medical summary completed and printed to accompany copies of his major medical records for his appointment tomorrow. Today was also online bill payment day, and I was able to make a quick run to the post office to mail the checks. My precious little boy has had his lunch and is snuggled next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you have all his records for his checkup. I hope he gets a clean bill of health.

Today's travels were on time coming and going. Work was busy in the morning but then it died after the other agents came in; go figure. At least we didn't get sent home early, so that's something. I emailed Brooksource and was told they have no end date for my assignment, but will keep me posted. He also said he was "working" on lining up something for when it's over. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that, but at least he answered me.

Theresa and Tang were pleased to see me when I got in and now have full bellies. Both are doing well, I'm happy to say. Not much else to report. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From your experience with employment agencies I can very well understand your skepticism about Brooksource. Still, it is somewhat reassuring to at least think that your rep is keeping you on his "active client" job search. Please let us know how things go.

And of course it's always a blessing sharing your news about how your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I imagine with the the warm temps being replaced with colder ones they are wondering what happened to SPRING. They are not alone, I assure you. Temps here are between 10 to 15 degrees colder than normal, and snow - - in some form or fashion - - is in the forecast periodically this week. From the way the air feels today it feels like the weather could do something very unfriendly eventually.

The biggest news for today is that Noah had his check up with Dr. Bolen at the new vet clinic, and his blood glucose reading is 119 - - which Dr. Bolen is very pleased with. He has lost a couple of more pounds, which is not a bad thing - - his weight is down from 17 pounds in October to 13.5 pounds today. There were some concerns I had from the results of his complete blood panel that was done last November but were never addressed because of the focus on his high glucose levels. Dr. Bolen reviewed these concerns with me today and explained that, although some of the other results came back higher than the "normal" protocols for his kidney and liver functions, there is no concern at this time. He will need his teeth cleaned when the weather becomes warmer, and Dr. Bolen assured me that there should not be any major concerns with him undergoing the procedure with his glucose readings. I spoke to her about some of the issues that were arising at the Vinton practice with feedback from a couple of the vet techs telling me that Noah is "not a nice kitty to work with", and that I was becoming concerned as to how he was being treated and handled. Dr. Bolen was astonished that the vet techs would even make an issue of telling me this. She told me that it is understood that animals are already stressed being in a hospital environment and react to this stress sometimes in "acting out" - - but this does not make them "bad" clients. Needless to say, I am soooo glad to have Dr. Bolen taking care of my precious little boy again, and I found all of the staff at the Clinic very helpful and caring. This takes a HUGE concern off my mind.

Noah has had his lunch and mine is on the stove warming. I am looking forward to settling down with him for the afternoon and evening.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and colder greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. It sure sounds like Noah is from his checkup results! 119 is fantastic! I'm happy if Tang hits the low 200s - And Noah is doing that w/o insulin. I'm very happy for both of you. I'm glad you have a place to take him that truly understands the bond between fur child and parent.

Yes, it was nice that the agency rep at least answered me. But, it does not necessarily mean he'll find anything. Since the manager was not in until noon (and this is his last week anyway) I approached his boss about the situation. I basically asked if I should bother spending the extra money on an express pass for March. He said he's get back to me, but never did (big surprise) So, I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and just get a regular pass. If I work the entire month, it's only about 5.00 more for the month by putting the extra dollar in the fare box versus getting an express pass. At least it will be a savings in the short term.

I got a couple of emails about jobs. One, after reading the description and that it's in Jeffersonville IN, makes me pretty sure it's AIG (no help there) The other was all fussy about why my last 4 jobs were only a year give or take. I responded with the fact it was all contract work, and that's the nature of it, etc. He never answered back. I guess he didn't like my answer (sigh) I'm wondering if that's a barrier I'm going to be seeing more of. I can't with for losing huh.gif

Travels were timely, although I got the later bus home. Tang greeted me at the door, and I found Theresa lounging atop the laundry basket. She stretched both here front paws up and yawned as if to say "Oh, daddy. Are you home now?" Both are well with bellies full. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so smiling at your precious little girl's reaction to your homecoming yesterday - - there's nothing like a nice deep slumber in the laundry basket to make a little kitty unaware of the time - - until daddy walks through the door. I can just hear Tang, "hey, sis, wake up - - daddy's home!!"

I'm sorry about the reaction you received from one of the potential job leads concerning your contractor employment history. Some HR / management reps just don't "get it" when it comes to recognizing that employment with one employer for 10 or more years is no longer the standard. Just keep doing the best you can, my friend, and please let us know how things go.

Thank you for your comforting support with my precious Noah, and please know that I share your concerns about your precious little Tang's health challenges. I hope and pray that your precious little boy will continue to do as well as he is under your loving devoted care. We do the best we can, and that is all our precious companions ask.

The sunbeams have been welcome today from yesterday's gloomy cloud cover. My precious Noah was glad to not have to go anywhere today, as was I. I had a couple of more bills to pay online today as I finally got the e-mail invoice notices, and Noah kept me company as I scheduled their payments. As I'm writing to you he is curled up on my lap taking a nap.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but very cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad you both had sunbeams to enjoy today.

Thank you for your kindness and compassion in regard to my unfortunately ongoing struggle with full time employment. The other agent I work with who did get an interview said it was a tribunal gang up type interview. He didn't get the job either and they made him download a PDF rather than just put the rejection in the email. They sound like a bunch of jerks anyway. But I sent out a bunch more resumes today. Apparently Craig's List is another good source I found out through my fellow agents.

Travels to and from work were good, I even managed to snag the early second bus home. Both Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door smile.gif Their bellies are full and they are settling in. Both are well. I tried laying down on the bed and giving them both attention and that didn't work out so well. Then I tried to engage them both in play with the same toy to limited success. Bottom line is I had to break up a spat that was no doubt about who deserves more of dad's attention (sigh) Kids, what are we to do? Not much else happening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny windy chilly Thursdsay greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you have found another resource for your job seeking with Craigslist. The more options you have, my friend, the broader your opportunities hopefully will be. Please let us know how things go.

I can just hear your precious Theresa and little Tang: "hey, it's MY turn to play with dad -- no - - it's MY turn. You've had your turn snuggling with daddy - - move over - - it's MY turn now!!!" When my home enjoyed multiple furkids I so well remember the constant shuffling of "turns" for this and that. This just goes to show you how much your precious Theresa and little Tang love you, my friend - - how much they value having your love and devotion.

Not much going on today. The sunbeams are shining bright and cheery, but not very warm. Still, my precious Noah has enjoyed stretching out in the sunbeams, and I enjoy seeing him comforted by the sunbeams. He has had his lunch and the timer on the stove is letting me know mine is ready. We're enjoying a Nature program on the PBS station on Ireland's wildlife.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cold greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I'm glad he had sunbeams in which to bask again today.

That sounds about right for Theresa and Tang's "dialog" laugh.gif They are both well and met me at the door this evening. I managed to get the earlier 2nd bus home as it was a bit late, so that was good. As I watch them settle in as I write this, I am reminded what a precious gift they both are in my otherwise miserable existence; at least I have them.

Work was fine I guess. We are down to just me and 3 other agents (not including the leads who don't take calls anyway) and not getting sent home early. Last week was the last for Sunday and this week is the last for open until 9. Then it's 9-7 M-F and 9-6 Saturday. It's certainly coming down to the wire. With that in mind, I applied for 8 more jobs today. So far the only email I got today was From Randstad for Chase Bank data entry for tax season 3-6 weeks - and they want 3 forms of ID?! I can only hope something better and, frankly, more permanent comes along. Any prayers are appreciated.

Not much else happening. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your travels home yesterday went smoothly, and hope this being Friday the same will happen. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that your job search will yield better results for you, and please let us know how things are going.

Not a lot happening around the homestead today. Noah has had his lunch and is curled up on my lap taking his nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Not so good TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I found out when I got home and opened my email that today was my last day of the work assignment sad.gif What a way to find out. I called the agent but didn't get much more than what was in the email. What really burns me up is they are keeping two guys that they brought in as an after thought and didn't even drug or background screen like I had to. I still have a few personal items there too. At least with Republic the agency informed us at the beginning of our last week - and they did it in person.

I have one last check that WAS going to pay the rent with figuring I had a few more coming in at least. Now I have to fight with UE to get my claim reopened - and there is a snag with that. Apparently there was an over payment a while back (not my fault) that I didn't even notice what with all I've had on my mind. So, now I can't even get that going until I pay it back.

I am beyond distraught, worried sick, and depressed. I really don't know how much more I can take. Every time it seems like I have my head even a little bit above water, I get shoved back under. At least Theresa and Tang are well (knock wood, God willing) I feel like all those strays I try to feed, wondering where my next meal will be coming from sad.gif

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits - - as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

Tracy, I am so very sorry you received notification of your termination of the job assignment without warning. Employees are expected to give a minimum 2-week notification when they leave a job - - but it seems employers are exempt from any form of decency. I have known this for quite awhile with my own experiences, but it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Hopefully your rep at Brooksource will be able to help you find another job, and perhaps you still have the option of the short-term job with Randstad - - which would give you some income for the short-term while you continue your job search for something more long-term, and preferably more permanent.

I know things look bleak right now, but I hope you will hang in here. It would seem to me that your overpayment of UE benefits could be done over a period of time so that you would not have to pay back the overpayment in a lump sum. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend. You have come through events like this in the past, and you will get through this one now.

The weather is forecasted to be on the unpredictable side next week, so this morning I did the grocery shopping errand. I got an early start - - was at the store by 7:30 a.m. and back home before 9 a.m.. Saturdays are busy shopping days, so I'm glad I was able to get my shopping done before the crowds arrived. Noah helped me put things away, and is now stretched out over my feet taking a nap as I'm writing to you. His sweet warm little body feels sooooo good to my feet.

My friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Thank you for the compassionate support and encouragement, it's appreciated. I don't have much to post right now as I'm still trying to process all of this. I just didn't want you to worry. Being it's a weekend, there is not much I can do but marinate in uncertainty. Theresa and Tang (as usual) are being extra supportive sensing my dilemma.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just a quick note to say hello and to let you know how sorry I am about your job. You and your furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Same kitties coming around here to eat, they seem to be doing well. I don't look forward to the ice and snow we are expecting to come in.

Try to have a relaxing and cozy weekend with your furbabies. Give them a special pat for me. God Bless.......TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey.

Thank you, thoughts and prayers are always appreciated. I'm glad the kitties are still coming around for your kind hospitality. Last night coming in the back way through my apartments I encountered no less then 4 or 5 different strays. I told them all where to come get the food (I can still do that - for a while anyway) When I finally put the food out, I saw a straggly looking little waif running right for it.

I'm not looking forward to the winter blast either - I suppose a kind of sort of upside is I don't have to be out in it. Theresa and Tang are well and I hope you are too. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits under the circumstances.

I hope you were able to get your laundry chores accomplished this morning without any complications so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this day together. I know it's a two-sided coin with the oncoming storm - - certainly you want a job to go to, and need a job for the well being of both you and your precious companions. Yet, with the oncoming storm there is still a sense of relief - - to some extent - - of not having to contend with the frustrations and hazards from the weather to commute to a job. You are in my thoughts and prayers that this "reprieve" from commuting in the latest winter storm will be short-lived - - that you will have another job quickly.

Not much happening here today. My precious Noah is doing well and is letting me know that it is high time I get some lunch in his bowl, so I will get this off to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

With another arctic push on its way, I guess it's time to "batten down the hatches" Laundry was uneventful except seeing more homeless waifs. There was one cowering in the dirt in front of the laundry room who appeared scared and injured. Upon closer look. he/she just had somewhat matted fur; he/she ran off at my approach anyway. It seems seeing more homeless waifs in conjunction with another round of being out of work may be an omen of bad times ahead for us all sad.gif I'm hoping and praying not though.

Next month it will be 4 years that I have been riding this awful roller coaster of UE and temp jobs. When will it be over? I find myself absently muttering "I hate my life" and wonder just how many thousands of times I've done so over the past 4 years. If not for Theresa and Tang, I probably would have checked out long ago. But they are living beings who love me and need me. Thank goodness (knock wood) they are both well. They have provided comfort throughout the day.

I can see snow on the balcony and some of the cars, but not the street yet - but I'm sure it's coming. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, snowy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sadly there is a direct correlation between economic instability and the increase in abandoned companions. Community / government assistance programs do not extend assistance to the family companion animal(s), and donations to the organizations who try to offer assistance for companion animals become non-existent - - so that services cannot be offered, or offered on a very limited basis. You, LoveMyMickey, and others who follow your example are to be commended for your efforts to try to offer homeless waifs some form of comfort and sustenance.

Tracy, I do understand your weariness with employment challenges. I know this doesn't solve your problem, but I do keep you, and your precious Theresa and little Tang, in my thoughts and prayers that you WILL find a job that will offer you some form of financial and employment stability.

There is a light misty snow falling outside as I'm writing to you with a light ground cover so far. I have been doing more in-depth research on health insurance coverage options. Aetna seemed to be a reasonable alternative to my current plan with Anthem which will not be available come renewal this fall, but further investigation has revealed that Aetna does not offer individual plans in my area. There is something very wrong with this when both my doctor and pharmacy are participating members of the Aetna in-service network providers. So it looks like I'm stuck with Anthem. I will need to get in touch with Anthem at some point in time to see if they will be expanding their coverage options to include PPO plans for the coming year, as right now they only offer HMO plans that do not include my doctor. But, if I have to change my doctor to have health coverage then so be it. It isn't what I want, but that's life.

Noah is doing well. He is keeping me company as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to get him some lunch in his bowl.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_bean. Snow covered but sunny greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty in securing health insurance that allows you to keep your doctor; I hope it won't come top that for you.

You are correct in there being a correlation between unemployment and homeless companions. I'm just hoping it's not an omen for harsher times to come. I truly have had enough. Your thoughts and prayers my not solve my problems, but they are greatly appreciated. Just knowing someone cares is helpful.

I got an email from Brooksource that they would not be able to pick up my items today from Refund due to the weather (no surprise there) He suggested I apply for UE - people are SO clueless when it does not affect them personally, huh? No offers of any new jobs either (another no surprise) They got what they needed, as did Refund. I'm just a disposable pen to be thrown out now sad.gif

Today has been quite unremarkable, but Theresa and Tang are well. I hope today has been kind to you and Noahg and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cold Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope Brooksource has been able to arrange pick up of your personal items from Refund today, or will be able to do so soon. And equally important I hope Brooksource will be able to arrange another job assisgnment for you quickly. Please let us know how things go.

Although temps have not gotten above freezing today there has been some melting from the sunshine, which is nice to see. I'm ever so thankful that all we got was a ground covering - - nothing to shovel. Tomorrow morning a service rep will be here to do routine maintenance on the emergency generator, so it will be an early rise day tomorrow. Noah is doing well. His new routine after he has had his lunch is to curl up on my lap to take his afternoon nap. He is a real joy.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and slightly warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope all goes well with your generator servicing tomorrow.

It is just above freezing here, but the sun is shining and the snow and ice is melting away. I doubt I will ever hear from Brooksouce about my stuff or a job again - unless I force the issue. Being let go with no notice is what one expects when one has done something wrong not someone who has "done a great job from the day he walked in the door" as was apparently said about me. Heck, I even asked the manager point blank before I got my monthly bus pass (another waste) He knew, and chose not to tell me mad.gif

(sigh) Well getting angry does not help I guess. I keep posting to and/or checking the online job boards to no avail thus far. Theresa and Tang are well and have been especially affectionate, like they know I'm distressed. Not much going on here. I hope today has treated you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny melting chilly Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I hope you will keep in contact with Brooksource to get your personal things returned to you as well as for new job opportunities. Is there some way you can contact the Refund HR office to get a clarification about the way your assignment ended rather abruptly? It simply could be that the short-term assignment came to a close, and sadly, like most employers now Refund chose the less than stellar way of letting you know.

I got "stood up" by the contractor today - - when 11:30 rolled around and no one arrived I called the company to confirm today's service. I was informed that the service rep was "booked up" today, even though I had an appointment scheduled, so it is now re-scheduled for Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. So I was able to make a couple of quick errands, and tomorrow I need to go into Rocky Mount to pick up Noah's food from his new vet, and drop off the Husqvarna mower for routine maintenance as it's been a couple of years since it was last serviced.

All else is doing well today. Noah is next to me giving himself a spruce up in anticipation of lunch. It is sooo cute watching him wash his feet and face.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm sorry the generator contractor stood you up - especially since you had and appointment - did they even apologize for the gaffe? Well, I hope it turns out well on Friday.

I guess I do need to keep after Brooksource about my stuff. I'm not holding my breath about a job though. As far as why I was let go (along with another agent) it was simple: The call volume dropped way off earlier than expected. Still, the manager could have told me when I asked him early in the week. That fact that he didn't was just plain self serving and cowardly.

I got a call/email yesterday from KFORCE. I returned them both but only got VM, and no response to the email. With my luck, she probably took a closer look at my resume, looked up my profile from the Insight job and decided "never mind" I called again today and only got VM. I got another call for an interview with another company that did not go well. You know, the stupid questions and words to describe oneself? I never get anywhere with them. I tried to call UE payments about the over payment but was on hold forever. I will try again tomorrow. Tomorrow is also my last check from Refund and the rent is technically due today (sigh) It never rains, but it pours.

At least Theresa and Tang are well and being cuddly as usual. Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cold Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

My friend, you are doing everything you can to obtain a new job - - just keep answering those e-mails / phone calls. I saw an article on the national news a couple of nights ago about a veteran who has training and experience as an anesthesiology nurse, and since he returned to the States from Iraq he has had difficulty finding a job. Over the past 3 years he has been "outsourced" twice from two different hospitals due to downsizing of personnel, and has just acquired another job in another hospital - - that will require a 2.5 hour commute every day.

You are not alone in your job odyssey, my friend - - but I also know it doesn't help much to know that. Still I hope you will know that what is happening to you is NOT your fault - - it is the fault of our society and the deplorable quest for profit over the cost to the human spirit. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going.

I was able to make an errand run into Rocky Mount to pick up Noah's food from the vet's office and drop off my Husqvarna mower for routine service since it's been a couple of years since the blade was sharpened, oil changed, etc.. Another wintry frozen something or other event is forecasted for this evening into tomorrow, so I don't know if the service rep will be here tomorrow to service the generator. Since it's just routine maintenance it's not a matter of urgency - - so if the appointment needs to be rescheduled - - again - - that's okay.

Noah is stretched out on my lap enjoying his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. He was ever so glad to see me when I got home.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and a bit warmer greeting to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear you have more arctic weather coming your way. I hope the contractor is able to make it.

Thank you for the continued support, thoughts and prayers. You are correct in knowing it isn't my fault does lessen the stress of the situation. I did get a call back yesterday from the KFORCE lady who called me again this morning to chat about jobs she believes are coming down the pike. The one she specifically spoke of for Humana may be a tad over my head, but she passed on the info anyway. She said she thinks more entry to mid level jobs will be coming soon - I hope she is right unsure.gif

I called the UE payment office and was told that since the over payment is not being considered fraud, they only take 25% of the checks until it's paid. So, that's something I guess.. Meanwhile, my tax refund is still just sitting at the IRS "processing" I don't know what's taking so long. From looking at my bank statement and Turbotax logs from last year, I had gotten that withing 5-6 days of filing - If I get it at all that is. I can't claim my first check until the 23rd per the info in reopening my UE claim. That does not sound right to me.

Theresa and Tang are both well and have been keeping me company all day. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.