Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....Good Caturday Evening to you, sweet furbabies Tang & Theresa. Hot! is right. I don't like real hot weather and I don't like the AC blowing real cold either.....We're just lazying around this weekend too, might have company Monday.

Blackie got back here from his day of "whatever" about an hour ago. He had some can cat food along with his dry. He usually spends the night here. When I check on him after dark, he is really sleeping good, either on the car hood or his rug.

One night this week right after dark, somebody went by and threw a rock at our front door. It sounded like the house was falling apart. It hit the plexiglass? storm door so it didn't break. If it had of hit the glass side windows then we'd been in trouble. Like I said before this is a quiet neighborhood, but the next morning we saw that a lot of neighbors trash cans by the road had been knocked over. I don't know if anybody reported anything or not, but next time we will.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a relaxing and cozy night. Always thinking of Angel Sir Tom too. TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Glad Blackie is OK. I know I said it before, but with this heat you may want to put out some fresh water with the food. I know what you mean about the AC blowing colder when it's hotter outside. I keep mine at 77 and it seems to blow colder when it's hotter. I make use of fans as much as I can. If I can keep my LG&E below 75.00 each month, I can keep juggling the payments 30 days in arrears.

I'm sorry to hear about the commotion. Probably some young thugs out for kicks. These kids parents usually do not know where they are, who they are with, or what they are doing. Nor do they care. I see it alot in the subdivision behind my apartments. I was told it used to be a pretty good neighborhood at one time. But when I see BMWs, Caddys, Mercedes parked at houses that look like run down shacks, it's not hard to guess the source of income. Anyway, I hope you folks have a good weekend, and stay cool. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

By now you have your laundry done and hopefully are enjoying a leisurely day with your precious furkids - - perhaps balcony time? I hope your internet snafus have been resolved. Lately I have been getting a pop up message on this lap top gizmo informing me that my IE has crashed and a notice is being sent to MS for resolution. Haven't a clue as to what that is all about. Never had that with Windows XP. I am so NOT impressed with Windows 7.

Noah and I are enjoying having the big door open for fresh air and to enjoy the sounds and songs of the woodland residents. As I'm writing to you Noah is lounging on his window perch intently listening to and observing the woodland critters. Yesterday when I went out to check the mailbox I went out through the upstairs and it was very warm upstairs, as it usually is. I was a little tempted to turn on the AC unit to the upstairs but really don't want to add to the electric bill yet. And when the upstairs AC does run we cannot have the big door open here in the basement which both Noah and I really enjoy, so I'm hoping to be able to wait at least another month before I have to turn on the upstairs AC. Noah and I use a fan here in the basement, as it is cooler down here.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please let us know how things go with your job search.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The Insight tech called right at 7 and went to work on the box outside. Before he did though, my downstairs neighbor ambushed him in the parking lot. Seems hers was out too, but she didn't place a trouble call. This leads me to belive she's been ciut off and is stealing mine. But I can't prove it. The tech says they lock the boxes, but I imagine there's a way around it. It went out again at exactly the same time this morning, and came back up around the same time. I'm almost sure it's the downstairs neighbor now. I placed a trouble call, so we will see.

I can understand about you wanting to wait on the AC and wanting some fresh air. I personally do not do well in the heat, so I have little choice. About your windows message. Are sure it's not saying the certificate is invalid or the copy is not authentic? I get that because I borrowed a copy from a friend and it didn't require a registry number. So I'm guessing it's tied to his PC somehow.

I had forgotten to but more cat litter the last time I was out but thought I could coast into next week, but I was wrong. So, this morning while doing laundry I went to the convenience store across the street. All they had was regular non-clumping clay kind. Not the best, but it's better than them scraping plastic. I will try to use as little as possible so as not to stress the babies out too much. Not much else going on. Shaping up to be another 90 plus hot one. Hope you and Noah are well.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Good hot Sunday afternoon to you and furbabies.......Oh yeah, Blackie got his fresh cool water along with his breakfast this morning. He drank it too. He will get more fresh this evening when he shows up.

About using the AC, so far we mostly use it during the afternoon and evening. I turn it off at night because the house stays cool from the early evening run. Our electricity has gone up and so has the cable. We have landline phone, electric, water, sewer, tv cable, and broadband all bundled with FPB and on their budget plan. That makes it a lot easier.

They probably were some young kids doing their thing the other night. Around 2:30 this morning I saw some flashing lights, so I looked out the window. An unmarked fairly small black car stopped and a young man ran down the street and got in. I guess it was an unmarked police car because of the big red light on top.

Well, I'm off to take a nap. I'm lazy today, ordered a pizza to be delivered for supper........Give the furbabies a special pat for me and try to enjoy the rest of the holiday.....TTFN...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

Yep, another hot one. Glad to hear Blackie is doing well. You are to be commended for giving him food and water. I hope they catch the thugs that have been causing the trouble in your area. Hope you have a pleasant Sunday. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Memorial Day greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I hope you're able to get the internet connection problem resolved, Tracy. Please let us know how things go with this. It's very frustrating to not have reliable internet service - - particularly when you're paying for the service. And if anyone is "hijacking" your service I hope they will be discovered and properly taken care of.

Thank you for your support on my IE issues. The installation was made by Dell when I bought the computer and I have the installation disk, so I don't think it's a matter of a "pirated" installation. The message is that IE has crashed and is sending MS an error message to fix the problem. Once I have had to restart the computer in order to get back online. DannysMom told me to basically ignore it as a temporary "technical glitch" - - I like that advice which means my computer isn't going to blow up. I can live with that.

Not much going on here today. I put the final touches to the paperwork organization project. Just have one more label to type and print. Next chore is the shredding project. Oh thrill!!

I wish you could see my precious Noah as I'm writing to you. He is stretched out on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap. His rear feet are dangling over the edge with his tail curled up over his right leg, and his front feet are stretched out in front of him. He has a big smile on his sweet face. He is sooooo precious - - the light of my life.

I hope this Memorial Day is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please let us know how things go with your job search.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was able to get the internet taken care of. This tech was really good. He even checked my modem, phone and main digital cable connections; found a glitch in the latter and fixed it. That's service. This Memeorial Day (and weekend) has been kind of a downer. The unseasonably warm temps have not helped. And last night (as I put in my post on your tribute page) I cried my heart out last night thinking of Tom when the song Honey came on my digital cable 70s music station.

"One day while I was not at home
While she was there and all alone
The angels came
Now all I have is memories of Honey
And I wake up nights and call her name
Now my life's an empty stage
Where Honey lived and Honey played
"

I have not done much of anything today except sleep. There wasn't even anything good on TV, so I switched to the relaxation music station and rolled over to a dreamless sleep. Next thing I knew it was 5:00. I'm glad you have been able to finish your paper work, and thank you for the lovely image of Noah. They are always the most precious when sleeping. I often wonder what they think/dream about. I hope this holiday is being good to you and him. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Oh my goodness, Tracy, now I have tears.....I hope you are feeling better. I know a good cry and sleep helps......

Our company cancelled, so it was kind of a hot and boring day, but I'm thankful for what health we have left and for the things we have.....Blackie came by for breakfast and supper. I gave him some canned tuna for an extra treat.......In the yard next to the carport, there is a smooth dirt area where we had some walking stones. Anyway Blackie stretches out on that cool dirt in the late evening and sleeps.

Tracy, I hope this week brings you some good news. Give Sgt. Tang and Precious Little Theresa a special pat for me. I'm thinking of Sweet Angel Tom also......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Sorry your company canceled. Good to hear Blackie is doing well. A true free spirit and good friend. My Darwin award winning neighbors are at it again with heavy metal ring toss and grilling in the parking lot (not far from my very much made of wood balcony and support beams) I've decided I'm not reporting anything to the office anymore. I mean, if I feel me or my babies are at risk, I'll call the police. But the office manager? Nope. I'm waiting for to ask me why not. "Because, Brandy. Everytime I did, you told me to shut up and mind my own business. Good luck with your law suit" Thanks for the well wishes for Miss Theresa, Sgt. Tang and me. Hope you are well. TTFN

TTT
leejaye
Hi Tracey, Just a quick one to say hi and let you know we are thinking of you - give the lovely Theresa and acrobat Tang their favourite pats, sending huge hugs for you my friend, Leejaye
Tom's Dad
Thanks leejaye. Hope you and Purzi are well.

TTT
leejaye
Hey Tracey, Start of a whole new day for you I guess, I should really be going to bed, I know that!! Hope it's a good one for you guys!! Thinking of you, Leejaye PS Purszi is still charging around in and out of his cat tunnel (it's nearly midnight)! Have been thinking about maybe getting him a friend?
Tom's Dad
Thanks leejaye, have a good one. Pats for Purzi. Let me know how the kitty friend search goes.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Thank you so much for sharing the song Honey with you. I could never listen to that song without breaking down in tears. I know your beloved Sir Thomas is very proud of you, Tracy. He is forever close you, Tracy - - he is always a heartbeat close to you.

Today has been a pleasant one here. Tomorrow will be busy getting groceries and doing errands, but thankfully my travels will be local. Soon it will be time for me to get my little Noah his dinner. He is stretched out next to me washing his face and front paws in preparation for his dinner. He's even scrubbing behind his ears.

I hope today is / has been treating you and your precious furkids kindly, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And please let us know how things go with your job search.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

That song always gets to me. Especially the part I posted, given how Tom joined the angels sad.gif Tomorrow will be errands for me too. It was supposed to be today, but it rained well into the afternoon. It really kicked up the humidity, so tomorrow won't be fun (sigh)

Theresa and Tang have just finished their can food. Poor Tang licked his bowl into a corner again; he looked so forlorn. That is, untill I gave him Theresa's left overs. There were hardly any jobs to post on today nor has my phone has rung much. You'd think today was the holiday. Not much else going on here. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ May 28 2012, 08:36 PM) *
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Sorry your company canceled. Good to hear Blackie is doing well. A true free spirit and good friend. My Darwin award winning neighbors are at it again with heavy metal ring toss and grilling in the parking lot (not far from my very much made of wood balcony and support beams) I've decided I'm not reporting anything to the office anymore. I mean, if I feel me or my babies are at risk, I'll call the police. But the office manager? Nope. I'm waiting for to ask me why not. "Because, Brandy. Everytime I did, you told me to shut up and mind my own business. Good luck with your law suit" Thanks for the well wishes for Miss Theresa, Sgt. Tang and me. Hope you are well. TTFN

TTT

I've had neighbors like that before, and I feel for you. sad.gif You'd think that it was in management's best interest to not tolerate the bad tenants. Don't they have security patrolling the complex? If your neighbors are grilling that close to wood structures you could always call the fire department. I'm sure there must be some kind of laws or codes that would apply.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

Security? Please don't make me laugh.

Yes even she has put out flyers about the fire laws and grills. But since she has "encouraged" these people in other activities, I suppose they think the rules don't apply to them. Oh, I thought about reporting the grill. But no. If I spy anything really dangerous I WILL call the police/fire department. I did freak them out though Monday night. I was going to the mail box to drop of some Netflix returns and took my cell phone with me. It's old and does not have a camera (but they don't know that) Each time I walked by, I pointed it at the grill and pushed the clear button as if snapping pics. The looks on their faces was priceless wink.gif Hope you and your girls are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Unfortunately we live in a "survival of the fittest" and "everyone for themselves" society, so it doesn't surprise that your apartment complex does not offer any form of security service. I hope and pray that you will never need to call the police or fire / resue because of the idiocy of one of your neighbors, or management.

I am chucking about your "psyching out" your neighbors with your cellphone. If it makes them a little more cautious about what they do then - - hey - - whatever works, right?

I hope you were able to get your errands done early before the heat and humidity set in. I was able to do all of my errands locally today, so my errand time was considerably less than last week - - thank goodness. The BIG NEWS of the day is that I saw the deer in the back yard this morning when I got up to get my precious Noah his breakfast around 6 a.m.. They were literally frolicking in the back yard - - what an AMAZING sight it was to behold!!! They left shortly afterward to continue on their journey in the woods. I am soooooo happy that I really did not permanently frighten them away the last time I mowed the front yard.

I hope today is treating you and your precious furkids kindly, my friend. You continue in my thoughts and prayers that very soon you will get a response to your job queries that will be the RIGHT one for you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yeah, I thought the cell phone thing was a good idea. Now they can sit and stew wondering if I have shown the "pictures" to the office. What an amzing sight the deer must have been. I'm glad to hear they have returned. I did get my errand done about 11:45, so it was not too bad.

When I got back I had a rather frantic VM from the local kforce agency wanting me to go to an interview for customer Support for Insight (the company I get cable, internet, and phone through.) According to the ad (when I posted) it pays 13.00-14.00 per hour. It is over in the east end though so it's bit of a ride. I also got a call from the agancy about the computer assembly tech. Not any firm offers but following up. A while ago I got a VM from Heartland Payment Systems in Indiana. I'm waiting until after the interview tomorrow to follow up on that one. Seems like I never hear from anyone, then all of a sudden, my phone is ringing off the hook. Wish me luck. Not much else going on. Hope you and Noah are well, TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, CONGRATULATIONS on your interview for tomorrow and all the responses you've received. I am sooooo excited for you!! I am hoping and praying with all my heart that ONE of these opportunities is ONE for you!!! And not just a job, but a GOOD JOB with a salary that will provide you and your precious furkids good financial stability and security. I look forward to knowing how things go for you, my friend.

Once again, my friend, I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

I'll let you know.
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....Congratulations from me too! Like moon-beam said I hope the job you do get will pay well, so you and furbabies can feel secure.......My thoughts and prayers are with you for your interview tomorrow.

I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful evening without the game players. I had to smile about the cell phone. ....TTFN..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Years ago (in the 80s) I worked for a cable company. One of the perks was free service. Of course, that was before the internet and digital phone service, so I'm not not sure that still applies. But even a discount would help. I'll let you know.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I am so anxious to hear how your interview went today, my friend, and if you have any other interviews pending.

Early this morning Noah and I saw a couple of very young deer walking along the outside of the fence in the woods. It is always a blessing seeing these beautiful woodland residents. I also worked on better organizing my personal property and real estate tax receipts, so that's finally done. And today I was finally able to order new cartridges for my HP inkjet printer. The pop up window that lets me know the ink levels has been letting me know they are at the "critical" levels now. I needed to wait until after I got groceries. I will wait until after next month to see about getting the Snapper mower fixed. And my precious little boy is now taking a well deserved afternoon nap snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you.

Tracy, I do hope with all my heart that your interview went well today and that the job is yours for the taking if it is what you want - - and need. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Well, I got lost finding the place. I called the guy from the agency, and he met me at the closest land mark and drove me over. I met with a very pleasant woman. She basically informed me that the people she would be seeing today (7 in all) are being offered the positions, she just wanted to talk with each one to make sure it's a good fit. It's on the business side, not residential. I used to envy those reps at LG&E because it seems like they had less stressful calls. Being that it's business, we take all the calls from basic trouble shooting to billing questions. The pay is in exactly the middle of the range I was quoted. Tomorrow I go to the agency office for orientation at 1:30. I filled out a background and drug screen authorization on line. Hopefully I can do the drug screening (if I get the auth email) downtown before I head over to the east side for the appointment.

So, let's all pray the "paperwork" comes out OK and I can start Monday. Theresa and Tang are as well as can be expected. I have talked to each of them about how they will have to get along without me for 12 hours a day, give or take. I'm hoping for a "day" shift after training. Otherwise, I'll have to walk about a mile to catch the nearest bus. But that's about as far as I have to walk to the Save-a-Step, so it's not the end of the world; maybe I'll get a bicycle if I can find one cheap. Oh, thanks for sharing about the deer. It's always nice. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how your interview went. I am hoping and praying that this works out for you, my friend. How nice that the agency rep rescued you so that you could get to the interview. Was there any mention of a discount for company internet user employees? Is this a permanent position (I hope) as opposed to a temporary one? Perhaps you will still want to follow up with your other responses if nothing else than keeping your foot in the door so to speak.

Once again, Tracy, I am soooo glad this interview went well. Please let us know how things go tomorrow with the orientation and drug screening. I hope you, your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful and cozy evening, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's contract to hire. The woman said they are averaging 6-9 months for transition to regular employment. But they are growing; 7 new people to a dept. that's only about 20 now. So, who knows. I didn't want to ask about any service discounts, especially being a cotractor to start. But I'm sure someone will ask, and I will keep my ears perked. Even if I get a day shift that fits with the express bus schedule, the extra money spent on that would probably eat up any discounts (sigh) But it sounds like a good opportunity to get back into call center and to sharpen my help desk skills.

It's not too far from the Banfield location Tang's orginal vet went to. So, perhaps when I have saved up enough. I can take a cab that day and do a drop off on his procedure while I'm working. Just have to see, but it was one of many thoughts that crossed my head today. I'll keep you posted. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hi Tracy,

So glad to hear your job interview went well! smile.gif Things are really looking up, and I am so happy for you! Good luck with everything! smile.gif Maybe you could even find someone you could ride into work with. I am sure that after a week or so Tang and Teresa would get used to you being at work. Cats tend to sleep a lot when their humans are gone, so it shouldn't be a problem. And it's good that you can drop off Tang at the nearby Banfield vet.

My girls are fine. They enjoy playing together, and last night Mindy held down Shelley's head with her paw while she gave her a long, luxurious bath on the head. What a sweetie! Shelley sure enjoyed it and she likes Mindy. I would NEVER have seen this kind of interaction between Tina and Mindy as Tina was always totally focused on me.

I hope your neighbors are giving you a rest. I chuckled when I read about your cell phone trick. smile.gif
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

It's kinda back to my call center/help desk roots. Limited training "sink or swim" from the old NPC days. But I managed OK back then. In fact, I was the only one from the desk I started on to ever cross train and make team lead. As far as I know, that record still holds.

I'm going to take it one step at a time on the transport. I have looked at all the bus schedules and Google mapped the possible walking distances. I'll make it work somehow. Always glad to hear about Shelley and Mindy. Theresa and Tang don't do the communal bath thing. Maybe that's a gender thing. Hope you and your girls contunue to do well, TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me on this Friday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I know you are at orientation now, and I hope all is going well. I hope and pray so much that this job will turn out to be a blessing to you, my friend. I hope you were able to get the drug screening part taken care of as you wanted to, and am looking forward to knowing how things go for you today. I hope you will be able to smooth out any rough edges on the transportation as well. Perhaps once again if this job turns out to be a good one for you, you may be able to find suitable living accommodations closer to the transportation route - - maybe? But if you did move would you still be able to have the assistance of your cabbie friend?

Not much going on here today. I gave Noah a needed pedicure before lunch. Nail trimming is not his favorite activity, so getting his lunch afterwards helped him to know that all is well. He is taking his afternoon siesta as I'm writing to you. We're under a tornado watch until 9 this evening. The regional radar is quite colorful but so far all that has happened is the sound of thunder in the distance. Right now we are enjoying bright sunshine.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And I do look forward to knowing how your day has been going, my friend.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I am still waiting for the background/drug screen. Hopefully by Monday and can start Tuesday. The one snag I see in my schedule is working Sunday. My off days are Saturday and Tuesday. This will start after 2-3 weeks of training M-F 8-5 - The problem with Sunday is even taking the bus that I have to walk a mile from the bus stop, the earliest one would get me there 30 minutes late. So, I would probably have to take a cab in to work. And that part of town would run about 35.00, give or take (sigh) The KFORCE rep said it would not be out of line to see if they could work with me on the schedule due to having to ride the bus. Just have to see dry.gif

I can certainly relate to nail clipping time. Theresa and Tang BOTH hate it. Tom at least tolerated it. Home now and seeing to the kids. Not much else happening. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Caturday greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your orientation went okay yesterday, and I do hope that HR will see its way clear to switch your schedule so that you don't have to worry about transportation on Sundays. I presume that $35 price tag for cab fare is one way? Gulp - - even if it is total round trip fare that would eat up your earnings big time. Please let us know how this goes for you, my friend. And I hope HR gets your background and drug screening back by Monday so that you can begin your new job. I presume you will get a call or e-mail confirming your start date?

Noah is giving his feet a good scrubbing as I'm writing to you. He is perched on his window box with the sunbeams shining through with the big door open and gated so that we can enjoy the sounds and songs of the woodland critters. Last night's tornado watch came and went uneventfully, at least over the homestead here. Got a brief rain shower with an occasional thunder rumble in the distance, and then the sun was out just in time to call it a day. Today is supposed to be in the low 70's range - - very pleasant indeed.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

That cab fare is one way, which is all I'd need because I can get home on the bus. I figure that to be a cost equal to about 1.00 per hour pay on a work week. Which would still have me coming out way ahead of UE, but it would just be so wasteful. Even if they could just move my sechedule back an hour on Sunday that would work for the bus both ways. I've already got the 1.00 each way extra for the express bus on the weekdays. What a scam TARC has going on that; and they are about to go up across the board again in July. I'd sure like to know how the guy that got M-F 9:30-6:00 rated. unsure.gif

Smiling at Noah enjoying the sunbeams and his woodland neighbors. It's fairly cool here today so I'm letting Theresa and Tang have Balcony time for a bit. Hope you are bothj doing well. TTFN

TTT

DannysMom
Hi Tracy! Happy Saturday to you, Tang, and Teresa. I hope the weather is nice in your neck of the woods, and that your neighbors are keeping quiet. Not much going on here. I watched my two girls happily chasing each other this morning. Shelley did her usual whine in the kitchen about a fresh bowl of water. She really does "whine" -- it's long, drawn out meows, and she sounds almost like a little baby. Oh, the exuberance of the young! smile.gif We got lots and lots of rain late last night, and a couple thunderstorms. The girls didn't seem to be bothered by it. I remember how my Danny always used to run and hide under my bed whenever he heard the first rumble of thunder.
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom

Weather is nice today. What a funny story about your girls. Especially Shelley's whines, bless her heart. "Moooooooom, I wants fresh waaaaaaater" laugh.gif I hope they continue to entertain and comfort each other. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny breezy Sunday afternoon greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to know that the cab fare would only need to be one way, but am still sorry that you are having to face using this as an option. I can so understand your feelings about "I'd sure like to know how the guy that got M-F 9:30-6:00 rated." Most of my working life I have always wondered when it was going to be my turn to wear the glass slipper. The only thing you can do, my friend, is your best under challenging circumstances whether or not anyone else notices it. Please know each of us here DO notice your valiant efforts, even though there may be little we can do to change your circumstances. Still I hope receiving validation from us will offer you encouragement and support to keep trying and enduring.

We are being visited by a very young deer this afternoon. It is always a welcome delight to see the deer on the property. I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's a blow to the budget (so much for the Tang fund, in the short term anyway) but if it get's me closer to my goal of security, so be it. It's a great chance to get back up to speed on the latest in communications tech. Perhaps I can try to get Tang to Banfield (when I have the money) on a Sunday so the expence isn't totally wasted; just have to see.

I appreciate the support from you and the others that have visited and posted. Always good to hear about the deer and other local wild life. It makes a me a tad envious. I hope you and Noah are having a pleasant Sunday. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just stopping by to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers for everything to go well for you and furbabies.

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey

Word on the background/drug screen is maybe tomorrow (at the soonest) Should come out OK, but who knows these days unsure.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, early evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I see from your post that you are still waiting for your background check to process. This must be frustrating to you when you're chomping at the bit to resume a somewhat stable work routine. I hope your paperwork will get processed promptly so that you can then receive a definite reporting date. Please let us know how things go with this.

Today has been a productive one. With DannysMom's expertise I was able to add my HP printer to this new gizmo laptop. I had been trying to do it with the CD to no avail. She inquired about going onto the HP website to see if there were any driver updates. So, today I ventured onto the HP website and lo and behold there were instructions on how to use the HP printer I have with Windows 7. Worked beautifully and now I can cross off getting a new HP printer from my "updates" list. YAHOO!! Thank you, DannysMom. Also, I have been wanting to remove the upstairs TV from the satellite service and hook it up to the antenna I had installed 16 years ago when I moved to the country. I tried doing it on Saturday but once again to no avail. So I talked to an appliance rep at a local appliance store and he said to just hook it up to the antenna cable, turn on the TV, and put it through the channel selection. So, I did that and lo and behold I have channels on the upstairs TV - - without having to buy a new antenna. The only channel I can't get is the local PBS station - - which is one of the primary channels I wanted. But there's a way around this even if I have to view it online. That's okay, too. The good news is that I CAN do what I want to do without being hooked up to a satellite receiver. It's very difficult functioning in this high tech world when one is a technology dinosaur.

Noah is doing well. He is letting me know that it is time for his dinner, and he is right. So I best be tending to my little boy. I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad to hear you got all of your techincal issues cleared up. Yes, I am waiting. The only word I got today is they don't have it yet (sigh) A couple days more may not hurt as my old knee injury is acting up once again. It's always something. No changes here with the fur kids. I hope you and Noah are doing well. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, early evening greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

You must be feeling like the waiting for the paperwork is bordering on the ridiculous at this point. I do hope and pray that HR will receive whatever they need so that you can begin your new job.

Thank you for sharing my technical successes yesterday. Today I mowed the front yard - - another 2 hour job due to the rain showers we have had. In fact we must have gotten a quick shower sometime in the early morning as when I got up around 9:30 I could see the green whatever in the back yard was wet. But I really needed to work on the front yard so I bit the bullet and am glad that I did. We are supposed to have rain and drizzle over the next couple of days. Thursday I have my routine dental check up and Friday I need to make a run into town to get gas in the car and stop off at the dumpsters to contribute my special trash items. So, today is basically the only day I had to tackle the mowing job.

Noah is doing well. He is enjoying his afternoon siesta on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. This time yesterday he was supervising my "technical" work with the upstairs TV. I thought I might be able to take the old TV to a pawn shop, but none of them in this area want it. However Goodwill does, and there is a local Goodwill 10 minutes from me. So I will probably load it in the car and take it on Saturday.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Sounds like you had a rough time with the yard work. I'm sure you're glad it's over. Smiling at Noah "supervising" the technical tasks. Theresa and Tang did that when the guy from Insight was here. Speaking of which, yes I am getting antsy about the drug/background screen. But the email did say they expect to hear by 06/06 - At least that will leave me to 2 days to work and earn some money this week. Thank goodness they pay every week. My UE check did not come today, but I forgot to call it in until late Sunday afternoon. I sure hope it gets here tomorrow as I need to get it in the bank ASAP - I put my rent check in the drop slot a little while ago. The office is still technically open, but hopefully I was quiet enough they didn't notice and wont pull it until tomorrow. I am SO sick of this nonsemse (sigh)

Yeah old TVs and other tech depreciate fast and most pawn shops don't want older ones. But I'm sure the Goodwill will put it to good use. Good for you. My knee still hurts like heck mad.gif Hope it's better tomorrow. Hope you and Noah are well.
Tom's Dad
Well, I got "the call" (while in bathroom, of course) But I made it to the phone before it went to voice mail. I start at Insight tomorrow. Knee still hurts, but I have an Ace and a wrap around brace. I do hope it feels better tomorrow....
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, late morning greetings to you, your precious Theresa and little Tang from Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious furkids doing well and in good spirits.

YEA!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your starting your new job tomorrow!!! I am SO THRILLED for you, my friend!!! YEA!!!! I know this has been a long and painful trial for you getting another job. I am soooooo hoping that this works out for you so that you and your precious furkids will have financial stability and security. And HOPEFULLY your Sunday schedule can be changed to better accommodate your transportation so that you don't have to "eat up" your funds with cabbie fare. I do so know how employers do NOT take into account the hardships they place on employees with their decisions. Have you been given any indication as to how long will it be before your "contract" turns into a bona fide "hire"?

I hope you get your UE check today and that you can get it deposited quickly. And I hope this is the LAST UE check you need to receive, my friend.

Have been working on getting a few bills scheduled for payment this morning. Tomorrow I have my routine dental check up and will stop off at the local Goodwill afterwards to drop off the old TV and other items. Sometime this afternoon I will need to go upstairs and load the TV into the car. It is a heavy TV with the cabinet, but I think I can manage.

I hope your knee will get to feeling better today, my friend. I know you are looking forward to getting back into a work routine and you don't need physical pain to distract you. I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm not counting heavily on being able to change schedules, but will keep my eyes and ears open. The upside is having a week day off; I can get stuff like Drs appointments, etc w/o having to ask for time off. Also, If I continue to NOT take a cab home from the market as I used to do once a week (instead I've been walking with my cart to Save-a-Lot and only getting what I can carry home from Kroger) it will balance out about half of that Sunday fare and I will still come out ahead of what UE pays.

I only know what I've been told about going permanant. Agency says about 3 months, Insight said about 6-9. But the agency has some very good benefits from medical to 401K, so that's nice. The knee still hurts, but managing by keeping it wrapped (immobile) and probably too much ibprofrin (I have very little RX med, and it does no better anyway) Putting cold packs on when I can stand it; still looking for my lost heat pad huh.gif

Be careful with that TV, get help if you need it. I hope this finds you and Noah doing well. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for your concern about the TV. I was able to get it loaded into the car okay. The cabinet has wheels on the bottom so it wasn't too bad getting it into the garage and over to the car. The challenge came in gettig it onto the portable ramp and then into the car without breaking the tube. I had to load it into the car on its side, but that isn't such a bad thing as the bottom of the cabinet with the casters is facing out and will touch ground first when I take it to Goodwill tomorrow. So, phase I is done.

I hope you're able to find your heating pad. Did you by any chance loan it to your precious Theresa? I do hope your knee begins to feel better. And I'm glad you're being able to come up with "alternatives" so that you can try to save some funds transportation-wise. I'm hoping the agency is the better of the estimates for you to switch from contractor to employee status.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you, your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you will have a very peaceful and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious furkids. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thanks moon_beam

No, I probably misplaced the heating pad when I was cleaning up the dining area. Glad you were able to get the TV loaded without too much trouble. I had to have my cabbie friend pick me up (because of my knee) to the bank to deposit my UE check. He said he would offer a cash discount for the Sundays, which is nice. Using online maps and the cab company's rate menu, I determined it's about a 30.00 fare. So any discount he offers would help. Plus he has 2 more regulars every Sunday, so he's already out and about.

I'll let you know how the day goes tomorrow. Hope you and Noah are well. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

"CONGRATULATIONS" on your job! I hope your transportation won't be too much trouble and costly....About your knee, Aspercreme Rub is good, but the Kroger brand is less, about 3.29 for a large tube. It's in a blue box in the over the counter meds. section. It is odor free also.

Tracy, I hope and pray everything goes well for you. Give little Theresa and Tang a special pat for me. Blackie is doing well.

God Bless,

LoveMyMickey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.