Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and very warm TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well today. I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get your personal email migration squared away. Sounds like you still got a lot done today even with a late start.

My alarm went off at 5:20 today to do laundry, and I didn't want to get up either. I did manage to stay ahead of other people in the room - barely. I was able to get my grocery shopping done in time to get the UPS back home by about 8:30.

It was still cool enough to allow balcony time while I put things away. Only Theresa stayed out there for any length of time though. She just loves to stretch out with her belly up to the sunbeams happy.gif The rest of the day has been laid back with cuddles, purrs, and sandpaper kisses (from Tang) wub.gif

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you were able to get errands and chores done early yesterday so that you and your precious fur family could enjoy most of the day together - - including sunbeam balcony time for your precious Theresa.

Thank you so much for your encouragement with my e-mail migration project. I just have one more e-mail address that is going through the process and then I will be done. So far today everything seems to be working properly.

Finally got my bank statement printed off so now I can proceed with reconciling my checkbook with the bank statement. When I was logged into my bank website on Thursday couldn't print off the statement. Called the bank to find out the website was having "technical difficulties" and to try again in a couple of days. The bank transitioned its internet system from IE to Google Chrome, as well as updating its online website. I'm glad the bank has transitioned to Google Chrome, but am NOT happy with its current website format - - which is now designed for "techie" whizzes.

Noah is doing well. We enjoyed sleeping in this morning. He remained peacefully snuggled among the blankets while I washed up and washed his dishes from last night's meal, but awakened when I opened the big door to gate it for the day. Since then he has been keeping me faithful company and enjoying the sounds and songs of the woodland residents. Other than working on the checkbook no other major projects are on the agenda for today. The big desk top is going through its security scans and will be able to shut it down when they are completed.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. Sorry to hear about ongoing "tech" issues - first your email, now your bank. A lot of businesses are transitioning away from IE as the rumor is it's going away. But then again, so did XP but I still get calls from subscribers using it.

Been a pretty low key day around here. Got to bed early last night, so I woke up on my around 5:00. I put wet food out for the waifs, scooped out the litter boxes, put out fresh kibble and water, and gave Tang his insulin. I also gave balcony time before the temps rose and the rain came.

I just got back from my afternoon waif feeding and checking the mail. I saw the new gray tabby and a little friend in tow - they both look so skinny sad.gif Probably why they weren't too skittish on my approach with a bowl of food in hand. I have not seen either tux yesterday or today, but the wet food bowl was empty. But I also saw the raccoon yesterday in the gully of the far colony where the gray tabby and little friend hang out.

Theresa and Tang are well and have provided cuddles, purrs, and kisses wub.gif I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy.....Happy Caturday evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa! I hope all is well in your "neck of the woods". All is well here, enjoying the rain, really needed it.

Fluffy and Socks still come around for breakfast. Fluffy rubs on my legs, so I fill his plate first while Socks goes back and sits by his plate like a little gentleman. One morning Fluffy wasn't there, but I looked up and saw him running across two yards, fur flying in the air. He was saying, "wait for me!!!!".....I took a pic of hubby and Fluffy on the patio one evening. Fluffy was laying on his foot just like Smokey did. That's kind of spooky....Fluffy still comes back for supper, but Socks very seldom comes back until breakfast.
Sounds like you are still doing a great job feeding your area little waifs......We still feed the birds too and give them fresh water. A robin built her nest on top of one of the front porch lights. They were so cute. They are gone now and I hope they are ok.

Speaking of construction, they are always tearing up and replacing stuff here. They are putting new concrete on the old Louisville/60 road. It's quite a challenge to deal with it at the 4 way stop lights. They also tore up the swimming pool and are making an aquatic park which is nice especially for children.

I hope you and furbabies stay well and have a pleasant and cozy evening.....God Bless.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LMM. Hope you and yours are having a good Caturaday.

Not sure if we really needed the rain. Since the start of spring, that's all we've had (not even going to mention the flooding) So glad to hear Fluffy and Socks are still coming by for your generous care. I'd love to see that picture of Fluffy at hubby's feet if it's digital.

It's not unusual for the new companion doing things that the recently departed one did. As you recall, Tang in the first few days I had him, sat upon the back of the recliner at "petted" my head the way Tom did - just passing the torch I think. He has not done it for a long time since he's established his own "presence"

I hope today is treating you all well and that you all have a wonderful evening TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur tribe had a pleasant lazy Caturday togethe, and am glad your waifs find a way to let you know they are still with you and greatly appreciate your loving provision and protection.

I have read articles on the internet that Microsoft is replacing IE with a different browser which is now under "testing". IE has had some serious security breaches and doesn't always interface well with the "latest and greatest" websites. I cannot help but wonder if Microsoft, Apple, etc., are trying to phase out the "old fogies" like me who are technology challenged under the best of circumstances from using the internet altogether.

Had some challenges reconciling the checkbook to the bank statement yesterday, so I put it aside. When Noah went upstairs for his private time last night I got everything out again and went through the figures on the calculator print out which revealed a couple of misprints. Once I discovered that I was able to get matching figures on the bank statement and in checkbook. So now I can proceed with the "bill-a-thon" for June knowing that everything is in proper order.

Today is a quiet low key day for my precious boy and me. He is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. We are enjoying having the big door open and gated enjoying the songs and sounds of the woodland residents.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, humid and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both doing well. Actually, I think the opposite is true about technology. With "baby boomers" rapidly approaching senior status, they want more folks using the internet, not less. I think MS is taking a tip from Apple and trying to make things easier. (Windows 8 is very graphics oriented like Apple's OS) But I do not have any wireless internet devises, so what do I know?

Work was a typical Sunday, but died down about 9:30 for my first break. And allowed for my 1 on 1. The system that pulls the stats is still down (we even had to do actual paper time sheets this week) But my sup pulled up my scores and plugged them into Excel for a rough idea. Looks like I went from a 2 to a 4 in average handle time and a 3 to a 4 in saves. If I can maintain that and my 95% QA I should should finish off the period with a high 3.

The trek home was right on time, thankfully. I didn't see any waifs in either colony, but I managed to get food out a good 3 hours before the sky opened up. It's sunny again, go figure. But still much too humid for balcony time.

Speaking of which, Theresa and Tang are both well and have provided their usual excellent companionship while I dozed on the sofa watching a documentary on History channel about WWI and WWII and how each came to be - some very interesting facts such as how Churchill was able to use Nazi Germany's aggression toward France to oust PM Chamberlain for appeasement.

I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly, and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad you and your precious fur tribe had a most enjoyable day yesterday after you got home from work.

Congratulations on your scores, my friend. I hope that the preliminary stats are accurate so that you can get your well-eared bonus this time around. Please let us know how things go.

There were many "politics" involved with WW I and II. I was never good at history while I was in school because the studies involved understanding the "politics" of events - - and that to me was very confusing. I now enjoy watching programs that explain / portray historical events - - which I surmise comes from having lived through some major "history" events and can better relate now to other historical events. I was watching a program about WW II on PBS recently that disclosed German submarine attacks on the US. It was very informative - - one aspect of the war that had never been discussed in history classes while I was in school.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is doing well keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. If the weather cooperates this week I may be able to tackle cutting back the foliage overgrowth - - but that project will be scheduled for later on in the week. I'm trying to get caught up on some e-mails that have been neglected during the "migration" process.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Mostly cloudy with chances of rain greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope mail migration is going well.

Thanks for the congratulations, but it's premature. Apparently my QA went from 95 to 81 huh.gif There is certainly "foul play" afoot on this. I work hard to get one metric up, and another falls. And I don't think it's evil sup - at least she's not the ring leader. The director is. He's been chomping at the bit trying to make me quit for a long time. And he'd have the access/connection to make these things happen. I don't care if the QA are 3rd party now. You can bet he's got a connection in there somewhere mad.gif And I'll bet the reports/recordings for those calls "disappear" just like my out of nesting score. Each day this job makes me die just a little bit more inside sad.gif

Travels home were more or less timely with no hold up at the usual construction site. New gray tabby and a tux were both waiting on me by the time I came back out with the food.

Theresa and Tang are both well I'm always happy to report. Tang's coming up his 4 year anniversary with us as Memorial Day approaches. Thank God it's Greenville's turn to work the holiday and we all have it off. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy...Here is the pic of Fluffy.

Tom's Dad
AWWWW wub.gif That's ADORABLE LMM. Thanks smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am truly very sorry for the things that are happening to you in your job, Tracy. I know what it's like to work in a job where there is no doubt that management has targeted you for failure. It makes doing a difficult job even more stressful and depressing. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will soon receive a job opportunity that is encouraging. Please let us know how things go. And I'm so glad you have a long Memorial Day weekend to enjoy with your precious fur family, my friend.

So glad your precious fur tribe are doing well. Offering my heartfelt congratulations on you and your little Tang's adoption anniversary. I know both your precious Theresa and little Tang bring great joy to your heart, my friend, and they are so very blessed to have you for their Forever Dad - - and the waifs are very blessed to have your loving provision and protection.

For a change my precious Noah was up and about today before me. I have managed to finish the vacuuming in the kitchen and computer area, and now all I need to do is some hand dusting. Humidity levels are dropping here which is very nice indeed. And I'm happy to share with you that the e-mail migrations are completed - - all is working well - - thank goodness.

Not much else happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is doing well and keeping me company as I'm writing to you. LoveMyMickey - - thank you so much for sharing with us the picture of Fluffy at your husband's feet - - Fluffy is gorgeous.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant weather greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I appreciate the empathy for my being "targeted for failure" on this stupid job. I know you know the feeling. I was supposed to have a 1 on 1 with my sup about the QA calls, but of course it was cancelled dry.gif Gee, I wonder who ordered that? He printed them out and left them on my desk though. 5 calls - 94,90,86,81, and 60 (I have NEVER scored that low on a single call) The new thing I'm being dinged for? "Not enough personal chit chat before you get down to business" Really? I can say as a consumer and a person who actually takes these calls (as the people who make the rules clearly don't) NOBODY wants to hear that, especially when calling in a complaint. But hey, they just put 3 newbies fresh out of training on Saves - so go figure. I do have the holiday off, but still have to work Sunday. Just as well as I will stay on the bus and get a haircut and some things from Kroger.

The bus home was right on time and traffic, such as it is, was minimal. No waifs, but empty bowls awaiting filling. Theresa and Tang are well I'm always happy to say. My little girl can always be found on the bed and demands her daddy hugs when I go in there happy.gif She was not going to eat her can food until I said there'd be none tomorrow if she doesn't eat it. She ATTACKED the bowl laugh.gif Nobody can tell me they don't understand what we say.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Tracy and moon_beam......I'm glad you liked the pic of Fluffy...Here are pics of Smokey....

Tom's Dad
Oh LMM!

He's a Russian Blue, and a magnificent looking one too! A credit to your and hubby's loving care. Thank you smile.gif

PS: When I first posted this, I had not thought about his passing sad.gif Like moon_beam said, he's in the perfect world now with Mickey, Sir Thomas and all the others. He was blessed to have you and hubby in his life.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It is mystifying to me how you can drop from a high score of 94 to a low score of 60 - - even on your "worst" days. This is truly a "manipulation" of scores, and certainly understand your frustration. Just keep doing the great job you're doing - - whether or not management acknowledges it - - and continue to keep your options open for other opportunities. Please let us know how things go.

It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious fur family and you are doing well, along with your homeless waifs under your provision and protection. I'm smiling at your precious Theresa's decision to "chow down" her canned food dinner. Indeed, our companions do understand every word we say to them!!!

Have been working a bit on financials today and doing the security updates and scans on the big desk top. My precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Not much else happening around the homestead today.

LoveMyMickey - - thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures of Smokey with us. He is a beautiful cat who brought much pleasure to you and your husband during his earthly journey. He is now among all creatures great and small in heaven's perfect garden telling them how loving you both were to him, and he will be standing next to your beloved Mickey eagerly greeting you and your husband when it is your appropriate times to join them in eternal joy.

Tracy, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Tracy and moon_beam.....It was my pleasure to show the pics of Fluffy and Smokey. I wish we could have done/or do more for the little waifs. We could if our health was better. But I guess the Good Lord has chosen us to do what we can.

Thank you both for your kind words.....God Bless..

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cooler with some sprinkles greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Manipulation of scores, indeed. Just because the QA is 3rd party now doesn't mean corruption is impossible - especially if it's that punk director doing the corrupting. But my sup will hear none of it. In his position, ironically, he has more to fear from him than I do I guess (sigh) This is why I seek no "promotions" of any kind. I'd rather not "sell my soul" thank you very much.

Today was the first day this week we weren't sacked in queue right up until quitting time. The ride home was timely but for downtown traffic. Here's something interesting about that that was on our CJ news web site today. According to a poll, 82% of commuters in Louisville drive to work - alone. No car pools, no public transit, etc. I suppose this would explain why we are also in the national top 5 for obesity and poor health. Basically Louisville is fat, ignorant and lazy. Been here over 25 years - I could have told them that cool.gif

Since it looked like rain, I put out wet food for the waifs and had my usual takers. Theresa and Tang are both well too. I had just enough of the can food in the 'fridge container to give Theresa and opened a new one for Tang. Big mistake since she obviously caught that. But I wasn't going to waste the last of the cold. I was about to give the same speech as last night when Tang looked up and saw her expression. He walked away and let her have the rest of his. What a gentleman wub.gif I told her "See, he's not such a bad little brother after all."

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy humid coolish Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad your precious companions are doing well - - it's always a blessing sharing your news that they are happy and healthy.

No open door today as temps are only in the 50's here. This is a brief cool down as tomorrow temps will be back into the 70's with sunbeams. My precious Noah is not impressed with what he is seeing outside the windows today, so he is keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

In a few hours you will begin your trek homeward to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their Forever Dad, and to the homeless waifs who also anticipate your loving provision. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cooler, but clearing greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Upper 50s here as well. But with being on the second floor and all my windows facing west, I surely have the windows open to take advantage of the cool off. Sorry that poor Noah had nothing good to watch though.

We were dead all day but for a few spikes. But we spiked to almost 100 between 3-4, so we both know what that means dry.gif Travels homeward were marred by traffic. I just don't get it. Thursdays used to be a breeze because it's only 4:00. But lately the traffic has been like 5:00. I did have enough time to get the next UPS bus home as Dollar Tree was dead. But after waiting 15 minutes, I gave up and walked.

I got a little bag of dry food and replenishment of disposable bowls there, so I could feed the waifs before heading up to my apartment - usual takers. I really think that might be THE gray tabby down at the 2nd colony now that I got a closer look and she meowed at me. I wonder why she's so skittish now? unsure.gif

Theresa and Tang are well, and Tang surprised me by eating the cold can food tonight. I did put some warm water in it and mashed it up, but I always do that huh.gif Both have enjoyed some balcony time as I post this. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Sorry your travels home yesterday were not smooth, but the good news is that you arrived safely to your precious fur family who are always eager to have their Forever Dad home, as well as the homeless waifs who are thankful for the blessing of your loving provision and protection.

Early rise day today to work on cutting back the foliage overgrowth in the front yard. Took a good 2 hours to get it done and tools put away. So glad that's done for awhile. Will probably need to do it again at some point in time but it will be later in the summer / early fall should it need to be done again. My precious Noah was eagerly greeting me at the bottom of the basement steps when I came in, and kept me company as I took my shower. He is anxiously awaiting lunch in his bowl as I'm writing to you, so will get this off to you.

I hope you were able to get your chores and any errands done early today so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy most of this day together and have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and pleasant TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you put in quite bit of work in the yard today. Glad to hear it's done and you and your little man can spend quality time together today.

I too was up early to do laundry (with an empty room the whole time) and feed the waifs. The bus to the store was also right on time. That's pretty much where things stopped going well. I get to the Save a Lot right at 8:00 to see the doors not working and a sign on a cart saying "Lines down, no credit, debit, EBT, ATM or checks. And the manager guarding the door like Fort Knox making sure people knew this. So, I go the Chase ATM in the same parking lot. I could have gone all the way across the street to use the PNC and avoid the fee, but I guess I was being lazy. Then I forgot to peel off a coupon from an item to have scanned and the cashier missed it too. She also neglected to give me one of my bags, but the man in line behind me called after me. And I still forgot the apple juice. Mercury is certainly in retrograde.

However, it took so much time to get all through this, that it was feasible to wait on the 8:50 UPS bus. It was right on time and driven by the lady that picks me up going to work in the early mornings, who offered to drop me at the traffic light. Theresa and Tang are doing well and have kept me company with cuddles and purrs on this otherwise laid back day. They also got balcony time while I put up the groceries since it was still in upper 50s.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your grocery errand was a hassle yesterday, but the good news is that your travels went well transportation-wise. I know all so well that "something" has to frustrate and aggravate and irritate even the most simplest and routine of tasks.

Noah and I blissfully slept in this morning. Have the big desk top going through its security updates and scans and will be able to shut it down once that is completed. Need to get caught up on an e-mail or two but otherwise it's a very laid back day for my precious boy and me. We are enjoying having the big door open and gated today with the pleasure of my precious Noah keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions can enjoy a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you both could enjoy the splendor of nature with the big door open.

Got up at about 5:30 to fed the waifs, scooped out the litter boxes, put out fresh dry food and water, and gave Tang his insulin. Been a pretty laid back day here with cuddles and purrs from Theresa and Tang who are both well. Had a little role reversal tonight with Tang eating the cold can food 3 days in a row now, and Theresa turning her nose up to hers. Even my "none tomorrow" speech changed her mind. What DID though was Tang taking an interest in her bowl. As I post, she is eating of it rolleyes.gif

As I was going to check the mail and feed the waifs again, I saw mister raccoon at the plastic bowl someone else has been filling (I swear it's one of the ones I bought) trying to pull it under the fence. I put my disposable down at the pole and saw gray tabby getting shade on a porch.

Got to work tomorrow, but off Monday thank goodness. Not looking forward to the day after though. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur family enjoyed a calm lazy Caturday yesterday. I'm so smiling at your precious Theresa's reaction to her little brother eating her food - - "well, I guess if Tang is eating it I suppose I should too." Our precious companions are so interesting to watch in their reactions to things.

As I'm writing to you my precious Noah has finally roused from his peaceful slumbers in the bed covers. The big door is open and gated, and I'm certain he heard the woodland residents singing cheerily in the trees. When I get this sent to you I will need to straighten up the covers for the day.

It's a quiet day here as Sundays usually are. I'm so glad you have tomorrow to share with your precious fur tribe. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and glad to hear you could both enjoy the sights and sounds of nature with the big door open.

I really thought work was going to be a bear (the bus being crazy crowded on Sunday mornings is usually a gauge for that) But except for the service calls between 7-8 because just a few of us were there, it was quite slow. Got VTO at 11:40, and though that didn't help with getting the 11:45 UPS bus, it did allow me to stop at CVS and get ANOTHER umbrella (the last one was completely destroyed beyond use) And I had to have a mall bus anyway to get a haircut and get my RX and some other things from Kroger. It took longer than expected for the haircut, so I missed the bus that would've linked me to a UPS bus, but I still got the next one. If I'd missed that one, I'd have had to wait an hour because of the UPS bus for that time of day ohmy.gif (the UPS buses only run every 2.5 hours on weekends and holidays, it's complicated)

All in all, I got home about 2.5 hours later than normal. The sun was beating down with 83 and high humidity, so I guess the waifs were seeking shelter in the storm drain network below the jogging path. I put food and water out for them though.

I looked at the first post on here, and it was the 21st - Soooo, Tang's anniversary was 3 days ago (OOPS) He and Theresa are well, and giving me heck for being so late. But I asked "Guys, what's a few hours compared to the whole day I get to spend with you tomorrow?" I think I'm forgiven happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening and great holiday! TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, happy sunny pleasant Memorial Day greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From first hand experience with public transportation I can very well relate to holiday schedules. I'm glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday while you were out and about so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy this day completely together.

Noah and I slept in again this morning, which was delightful. Temps are only in the 70s here so we are enjoying having the big door open and gated. I do sooooo enjoy the warmer weather.

Not much happening here today, but tomorrow the activity pace will pick up once again with scheduling bill payments online, then Wednesday's errand day, and a mowing day for the front yard. But today my precious Noah and I are just enjoying the songs and sounds of the woodland residents and each other's company.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions can enjoy a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Gloomy, rainy Memorial Day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Glad to hear you have the big door open. Not so much around here with all the humidity in the air.

It's been a pretty low key day around here, with plenty of naps all around. Nothing on TV except documentaries and movies glorifying war.

Theresa and Tang are doing fine, I'm glad to say. But they both turned their noses up at can food this evening - no matter what I did or said. I guess none for them tomorrow. Ach, tomorrow. Calls on a Tuesday after a Monday holiday are the worst.

Not really much else going on around here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur tribe had a good day together yesterday, although it sounds like the weather wasn't particularly suitable for balcony time for your precious companions. Still, even a rainy day home with your precious fur family is better than a rainy day at work.

Have been busy scheduling bill payments online, logging in payments in the ledger, etc.. My precious Noah has been keeping me company as I toiled at the big desk top. I'm now done with that task for a few days - - just need invoices for two bills before I can schedule those payments. Have the big desk top going through its security updates and scans, and then will shut it down. Tomorrow is errand day to the post office.

My precious boy and I are enjoying another day with the big door open and gated. The humidity is a bit higher today, but that is offset by the northwesterly breezes. Speaking of my precious boy, he is eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl which I will get for him when I get this sent off to you.

I can relate to your dreading today in the call center after a holiday. Still, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I'm glad to hear the weather was such that you both could enjoy the view with the big door open.

Work was not as bad as I thought it would be (in fact until 8:30, I wondered if we were off the hook altogether) But, no. It peaked at about 300 and stayed at about 150 all day, and we were still over 100 when I left at 5:00. My bus was 20 minutes late, but the driver struggled to make up her time. At least the rain was sans the high winds, so my umbrella stayed in tact for another day.

I put out a mix of wet/dry food for the waifs since it was sprinkling still as I made my way to do that. Gray Tabby came right up and talked to me a for a moment before chowing down. I didn't see either Tux this time, but the scruffy looking Siamese mix I hadn't seen in a long time came to partake.

Theresa and Tang are both well, but just as stubborn as ever about the can food. I guess I'll have to stick to my guns tomorrow night (sigh) Sometimes I wonder if they appreciate how good they have it compared to the homeless kitties. But, I'll keep loving them and moving forward.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny sometimes cloudy pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I have no doubt as your precious Theresa and little Tang watch the homeless waifs from the vantage of the balcony that they know how blessed they are to have you for their Forever Dad. And even when they are fussy / cranky about eating their food or taking their meds, etc., I know you feel blessed to have them for your Forever Companions.

Speaking of meds, I'm wondering how your precious Tang's ear is doing. You haven't mentioned for awhile if you are continuing to clean out his, and Theresa's, ears. I hope Tang's ear is continuing to do well since his surgery.

Today was errand day and my precious little Noah became quite concerned that I would be "tricking" him into another trip to the doctor by hiding under the bed as I was getting ready to leave - - despite my reassuring him that he would not be going with me. When I arrived back home he was comfortably settled on his bathroom window perch, and is now settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. I'm planning on having him undergo his dental cleaning procedure in a couple of weeks, and I know that will be very stressful for him since he will know another trip to the vet is on the agenda when I do not give him his breakfast. That will be a stressful day for me as well knowing he will be stressed.

Not much else happening around the homestead today - - my precious Noah and I will enjoy "hanging out" with one another with the big door open and gated. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy but clearing and cooler greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear Noah was stressed thinking he was going to the vet, poor guy. I hope all goes well with his dental appointment.

Today was not as bad as yesterday, and we even go to 0 by about 2:00. As usual the 4:00 people got to go at 3:30, leaving the queue spiked just enough to give us 5:00 people the shaft dry.gif My bus home started out on time, but lost 10 minutes to downtown traffic.

Had a bit of a dust up with the waifs. I put a bowl out at the end for Gray Tabby, and as I was making my way back to the closer colony I saw Tux at the other bowl I put out. But we have a newbie. An orange and cream colored tabby way too friendly to have been out long. Showed me his tummy and nuzzled my hand. I didn't think Tux was going to share, so I put out another bowl for the new guy. By the time I got back upstairs, scruffy Siamese had bullied Tux away from his bowl and he took over the new guy's. Next thing I know Tux is chasing either Siamese or new guy up a tree blink.gif

Theresa and Tang are well. Tang's ear is in wonderful shape. I still clean both of there ears about once a week or so. I haven't mentioned it because he's doing so well and I don't want to jinx it. I do appreciate you asking after him though. I know they appreciate what I do for them. But it gets frustrating seeing them turn up their noses at such an important staple of their diet. Like a parent who's kids won't eat their veggies. At least they eat the Whiska Lickins crunchy outside/meaty inside treats after my shower; never have snubbed those.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad to share your news that your precious fur tribe's ears are doing well. This is very good news indeed.

I'm chuckling a bit about the Tux kitty taking things in hand with the food with the Siamese cat. I'm sure you have watched programs depicting the acceptable eating behaviors and heirarchy in big cat prides - - and the same is true for the smaller feline homeless groups. Apparently Tux saw the need to restore some "order" at the dinner table.

Thank you for your encouragement about my precious Noah's upcoming dental procedure. I will let you know how things go. Speaking of my precious boy, he is comfortably settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Not much on the agenda for today - - tomorrow I am planning to mow the front yard.

In just about 3.5 hours you will be able to begin your trek homeward to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating your arrival home knowing that they will have you home for the next couple of days. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes rainy, hot and sticky greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Work was busy in the morning, but slow the rest of the day; no VTO though. I had a 1 on 1 with my sup thinking it was because he's going to be off Sunday. But no. He had to "come down" on me for too much hold time. I swear there is no way to have 275 second handle time without hold time. If they were serious about it being because they want us to take as many calls as possible, there wouldn't even be scoring for AHT. I sense the hand of the Great and Powerful Wizard (AKA the director) in this because my AHT is finally good. I'd like to see these sups and managers take calls all day without putting anybody on hold and see what their AHT looks like. Nah, they'd just "doctor" the scores (sigh)

My bus home was running 10 minutes late, but I still was able to hit the Dollar Tree and get out for the next one - which was also about 10 minutes late. Good thing too, because they sky decided to open up just as it pulled up. It stopped by the time I got home though. I put food out for the waifs, but only new orange tabby showed up. He even stopped eating to greet me. And it's just me he comes up to, he runs away from everybody else. Poor thing is just so lonely sad.gif

As for my brood, Theresa and Tang are doing well and acting silly as they always do when they know I'm about be off a couple days. Tang is on his back against the wall, paws curled up as if to say "Look how cute I am Daddy" wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your review did not go well with your supervisor yesterday. The only thing you can do is the best you can with each customer as the customer needs assistance. If that means putting the customer on hold while you sort out an answer then that is what you need to do. Just keep doing the great job you're doing, and continue to keep your options open for more suitable employment. Please let us know how things go.

Today was mowing day in the front yard to level off the green whatever. It is so dry here - - with the exception of a brief gully washer we had a couple of weeks ago we have not had any beneficial rain. We are actually now in drought conditions as the ground is so dry and mowing kicks up a mini dust storm. There also was no breeze today so the mowing exercise was H O T. Needed to take a couple of time out's in the coolness of the garage before I was finished.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the day and evening with him.

I hope you were able to get your chores and errands done early today so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy most of this day together and have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hazy, hot and humid TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. If you want rain, you can have ours. I'm about sick of it. Also, don't overdo it in the yard work. It'll keep my friend.

Thanks for the support about the review. I will have to be a bit more strategic about my hold from now on. But it's going to kill my AHT. The director knows this and sticks his nose in to try to make those of us he doesn't like quit. But what he doesn't know, what I don't think I have even told you is this. No manager, boss, supervisor, etc. has ever messed me over and gotten away with it. I guess Karma is with me in at least in that regard. I've seen them demoted, fired, and worse (we won't go into that) It just happens at some point after the fact. I'll still keep my eyes and ears open for something better - assuming it exists for me dry.gif

Today I got up early to give Tang his insulin, scoop out the litter box, put out fresh food and water inside (before laundry and grocery of which both went well and timely) and for the waifs. The latter got dicey. Jerk with dog decided to walk him before going to work right as I was making my way back to my stairs. Tux and Orange Tabby were already there eating (and sharing if you can believe it) I watched him from the stairs until he finally moved on. When I got back upstairs and looked out the sliding doors I saw him coming back. So, I opened the door, turned on the light and stood on the balcony. Sure enough the dog went crazy, jerk was laughing, and about to let go of the leash. But he looked up and saw me glaring at him, my arms folded. He thought better of it. Some people should not only be banned from having animals, they should not be allowed within 1000 feet of any mad.gif

The rest of the day has been relaxing with reading, watching TV, and napping. The latter of which got me Tang sitting on my shoulder with his front paws hanging off the sofa arm, and Theresa ensconced between my arm and chest with her front paws stretched over my tummy. It was like an upside down T formation wub.gif Didn't last long though.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for letting us know how things are going for you in your present job. Please know I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will not be victimized into leaving this job. I hope your continued search for better employment will prove fruitful. Please let us know how things go.

I agree with you that some people are not meant to be with, around, near animals in any way, shape, or form. I am so sorry the dog is not being trained to "ignore" his urge to pursue and antagonize cats - - but that is the fault of his human owner who obviously has no tolerance for the feline population. The homeless waifs are blessed to have you for their provider and protector.

Have been working on financials a bit this morning and now the big desk top is going through its security scans and updates. I will be able to shut it down when that is done. My precious Noah has been keeping me faithful company during my activities, and is now patiently waiting for lunch.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving protection and provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny, hot and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah are doing well.

Thank you for the support in regard to the waifs. Speaking of which, the most amazing thing happened during this early morning (about 5:15) feeding. Both Tux and Orange Tabby came right out to eat and were still sharing. But that's not the amazing thing. I was about to deposit food in the 2nd colony when I saw the raccoon staring up at me from the gully under the fence. I was about to give him the speech about how I don't mind him taking the food, but please leave the bowls where they are. Just then, Tux came leaping out from behind me straight at the raccoon ohmy.gif And the raccoon ran away blink.gif I kept saying don't take on the raccoon, he's bigger than you! But he came back from under the fence looking very pleased with himself. The only explanation I can think of is he thought I was in danger. He's seen me go up against people who are bigger than me in defense of him and the others, so he was returning the favor by going up against a bigger animal in what he perceived to be my defense?

Theresa and Tang are both well, and have provided companionship, cuddles, purrs and sandpaper kisses wub.gif It's been too hot for balcony time (except briefly this morning) so Theresa has been getting her sun up against the sliding doors. I don't know how she stands it though. I get overheated just sitting here typing. Tang has also been especially playful engaging all of the toys happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so smiling about your observations while tending to the waifs yesterday. Sounds like Tux has taken upon himself to be your assistant in protecting the waif colonies from "intruders" - - and protecting you as well. I'm sure the raccoon will be able to benefit from your provision as well even if he has to wait his "turn" at the dinner table.

It's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious fur family, and you, are doing well. I can relate to your precious Theresa's tolerance for lounging in the warm sunbeams. It's different laying still in the sunbeams as opposed to doing chores in them - - particularly when the temps are in the 80's or higher.

Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is still enjoying the comfort of the bed covers and the coolness of the fan breezes as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Yes, I thought Tux's action somehow noble if unnecessary. That raccoon seems a rather gentle being for a wild animal; I doubt he would have been chased off so easily otherwise. He (Tux), orange tabby, gray tabby, and a new orange and white one I barely saw were all out there today.

Work was not terribly busy, but enough for no early release. Well, there may have been some at 10:30 when we spiked, but I didn't see any of that. Had the usual jerks, but a few genuinely nice people in the mix too. As I figured, having my hands tied on holds, I was about a minute below the minimum AHT goal (sigh) Travels home were timely and uneventful.

Since it's been in the lower to mid sixties with a cool breeze, I have had the windows and sliding door open. Theresa and Tang are both well and taking advantage of that time even now. I think cracked the mystery of upturned noses at the can food, and I must say I don't blame them. I don't know if it was in the 'fridge too long, or went bad sooner than expected. But it spelled awful. I opened a new can and they devoured their portions. Guess I'll put the smell test on the checklist.

Nothing much else going on here. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening.

TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy....Good Sunday Evening to you, Lt. Tang, and Princess Theresa. I hope all is well in your neck of the jungle. smile.gif I had to laugh about your Tux chasing the raccoon away.

You are right, some people should not be allowed to have pets or animals. We would always teach our pets to be good to other animals, but really our little dogs were kind anyway. We almost convinced Smokey not to bother the birds, at least in front of us. There was a story in our local newspaper where a lady had a robin's nest with eggs on her front porch light (just like we did). One morning she found the mother robin hanging from a tree limb in her back yard and egg shells all over the porch. That makes me sick every time I think about it. They will probably never find who did it.

We are kind of confused about Smokey. One just like him/her showed up on the local humane society website in March. It was adopted. Now another one is there and it has been declawed. Smokey had been declawed too. We will never be sure what happened.

Fluffy and Socks still come around to eat. Fluffy joins us on the patio in the evening when we sit for awhile. He/she acts like Smokey but doesn't bother the birds. A raccoon or two comes by late at night to clean up what's left of the food. I put leftovers out for the raccoons too.

We see a little white butterfly every once in awhile. This evening we saw a yellow one. One day hubby was leaning over fixing the trash can and a little white butterfly flew close to the ground close to his head. I told him that was Mickey.

I hope you and furbabies have a peaceful and cozy evening and a good work week..God Bless.......TTFN
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM. Good Sunday evening to you, hubby, and the waifs too.

Probably some stupid kids that hurt the mother robin and destroyed her eggs mad.gif Funny, I took an online quiz about how many (human) kids I should have. Unsurprisingly, the answer was 0. I just wish more people likely to get that score would NOT reproduce to avoid giving the world little monsters like that. I'm reminded of that episode of the Andy Griffith show where Opie killed the mother bird with his slingshot, and Andy made him raise the chicks. You don't see parenting like that any more.

I hope Smokey was one of those lucky cats you saw on the shelter web site. It's hard not knowing, as I know all too well from personal experience. I'm glad to hear Fluffy and Socks still come by for your kindness. Yes, I imagine that little white butterfly was the work of Angel Mickey, and I hope he sends you many more.

I hope you, hubby, and the waifs are having a good evening. Thanks for stopping by and sharing - TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your precious fur family and community waifs are doing well under your provision and protection. Our companions' noses are more sensitive to smell than human noses, so they can smell something going "bad" before we can. I hope this latest "revelation" can help in reducing the frustration at meal time.

My precious Noah is doing well and keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Am working on finishing my grocery list for tomorrow's errand. If the weather forecast comes to fruition this area may be in store for some rain this week - - finally - - and perhaps some accompanying cooler temps. I haven't opened the big door since last Thursday because the humidity has been on the somewhat oppressive side. Keeping the doors and windows closed with the fans running helps to keep the living quarters cooler.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy, cool and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope the weather improves enough for you to open the big door soon. I know he really enjoys that. Hope all goes well with your shopping errands tomorrow.

Work was fun in that the only service elevator was out all day. We are not allowed to take the 3 regular elevators, as the "pretty plastic people" AKA "executives" might be put off by having to see us grunts. It was a text book Monday topping out at 200 in queue and dropping off at 3:00 - no early release though. My bus home was more or less on time and the ride uneventful.

I only saw gray tabby putting out food this evening. No Tux, orange tabby or the other new one. But when I got back to my apartment, I saw why. Two of the "dog jerks" were out there talking with sour looks on their faces, occasionally pointing up at my balcony. They took their loathsome butts inside eventually though, and I saw orange tabby and the newbie is at the food bowl.

Theresa and Tang are both well. I "sniff tested" the container of can food, and it smelled OK. Tang didn't eat his, but Theresa ate both portions. Probably a mistake on my part, as she promptly threw up in one of the water bowls getting just enough into the food bowl next to it that I had to dump it and clean the bowls and floor (sigh) Both have enjoyed some balcony time with temps at 60 degrees.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Good grief - - are you actually restricted to only using the service elevator? What sort of rule is THAT - - and how is it enforced? Are you threatened with immediate dismissal or personnel action if you use a regular elevator? How can a company forbid its employees from using the elevators? I experienced a LOT of dumb management rules during my employment years, but I guess I was lucky in being able to use the elevators. I hope the service elevator in your building is back to running today.

Did the grocery errand after I got my precious Noah his breakfast. The Kroger store is in its "musical aisle" phase - - every time I go there aisles have been switched around - - so shopping is like a scavenger hunt now because the aisle signs are not always accurate. Was able to get everything on my list and checked out without having to wait. Groceries are put away and my precious Noah is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

We got a brief gully washer early last night which is adding to the oppressive humidity levels today with the cloud cover and foggy mist, so the big door remains closed with the fans running. It feels more like August than June.

The rest of today is going to be focused on sharing it with my precious Noah. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope that you are both well. Sorry to hear the weather does not permit opening the big door.

Yes, we are restricted from using the main lobby elevators for the reasons I said (no lie) I honestly don't know how it's "enforced" It was still down today. Would have been an easy slow day too. But management got it into their heads that everybody (except me, of course even though I had 4 saves and 2 new starts) should get a chance at Plinko to win prizes for every save and new start they did as part of a new campaign. ALL of them. At the SAME time. At one point, I counted no less than 30 people all lined up passing my desk (making noise that customers could hear, of course) while we sat 100 deep in queue. But I can't use hold or after call work because we want the calls answered as fast as possible? I emailed the sup about it, but due to his spineless fear of the director (who's idea it was) said/did nothing dry.gif

Travels home were equally fun with my bus 30 minutes late. When I went to feed the waifs, a woman smoking on the bench said hello, and I said hello back going about my business. On the way back she came up to me saying she noticed I was feeding them. It was then I saw her Louisville Animal Services T shirt, and my blood ran cold. Turns out (so she said) she's been trying trap them for TNR and shots. She also happens to live here. She did know a lot about them from descriptions, names, etc. And they didn't seem afraid of her. I hope she's on the level. But my gut's telling me something else. I guess I could just be being over protective. It would go a long way toward explaining why they are so social though....

Theresa and Tang are well. I didn't have time for can food tonight, but they didn't seem to mind. I did allow for some balcony time though. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy humid coolish Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know how hard it is to work in a place where there is "commaraderie" for everyone but you - - and then you're penalized for not "participating" and labeled "not a team player." Just keep doing the great job you're doing, just continue to be the great person you are, and continue to keep your options open for alternative employment opportunities. Please let us know how things go.

I can understand your feelings of unease for the lady with the shelter T-shirt. It would be great if she was working with the waifs to help control their populations and disease threats (such as Rabies shots) so that they could continue to live in their community-based colonies. This is - - in my opinion - - an exellent program as long as the waifs have folks like you looking after them, providing for and protecting them from others who would prefer to eradicate them from the face of the earth. Please let us know how things go.

It has been a busy morning working on financials - - paying a couple of bills online - - and such. Have the big desk top going through its security updates and scans now. My precious Noah has had his lunch and is now settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Soon my lunch will be ready.

I hope the service elevator will be up and running today. I wonder what employees who have medical challenges who cannot take the stairs are supposed to do when they are denied access to the regular elevators. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warmer greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Third day for service elevator being down. Just us lowly grunts using it, so no repairs are forthcoming anytime soon. I'm using the trick of going up to the 6th floor on the regular elevator (since just the training room is up there) and walking down to 3 when need be. It was mostly a slow day with no early release (like there ever is for me) The bus home was only 15 minutes late tonight, so I guess one could say it's improving.

It was a bit of a different atmosphere feeding the waifs tonight. They were all out waiting for me - even Grumpy Cat has come back. A man walking his dog pulled the leash and scolded him to "be nice" And then commented the orange tabby is way to friendly to not belong to someone. And of course, according to the animal control lady, she does in fact belong to her neighbor and her name is Lulu. Why she's allowed to roam free and why the animal control lady is alright with that is beyond me. He left me saying it's good of me to feed them. I said it's the least I can do. I'd rather spend money doing that than give it to ASPCA, etc not really knowing where that money goes.

Theresa and Tang are doing just fine. It's just a tad to warm and humid for balcony time though. But they are taking turns looking out the glass door. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy coolish soggy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news as to how your precious companions, and you, are doing.

Sounds like you have a "system" in getting from one floor to the next in your office building with the service elevator out of commission. Good for you.

So glad you were able to see your community charges yesterday. Sadly, there are some adults who still believe that a cat needs the freedom to roam despite the dangers - - my brother and his family in Bedford are such thinkers. They live on one of the main streets in town, and have the professed belief that if a cat is "dumb enough" to venture into the busy street then whatever happens to him / her is not their fault. Thank goodness Lulu and the other community waifs have you for their provider and protector.

Perhaps by the weekend we may see some sunbeams again, but for now we are having some occassional beneficial light rain showers here at the homestead. Communities along the I-81 corridor west of me received heavier rain Tuesday night which led to some flooding and closure of roads for awhile, but that has now subsided. Not much happening around the homestead today. My precious Noah is thoroughly bored with the dreary weather, and is settled next to me as I'm writing to you. Have a load of laundry in the washer that is now ready to go into the dryer, and will get caught up on some e-mails today.

As always, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels are safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, as well as the waifs under your loving provision, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and borderline hot greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sorry to hear the dreary weather has your little man feeling down. I hope it improves soon.

No offence, but your brother and family sound like real pieces of work. This wouldn't by any chance be the same people that ignored poor Stan until he died of a broken heart would they?

The service elevator was fixed by the time I was returning from my morning break. It was another dead day with no early release (I like using your words instead of VTO because it sounds like I'm imprisoned, which I basically am) The Boy Who Would Be King (our spoiled little dilettante of a director) just may have reached a childish new low in today's "contest" Who ever got a new start or save, and yelled (I guess raising of hands is too mature) got a balloon. When all the balloons were handed out, those who didn't have one and got a start/save got to "steal" a balloon from the agent of their choice, with the final "owners" getting put in a drawing for a prize. What's next, pin the tail on the donkey and spin the bottle? I had my share of starts and saves, but chose to keep my dignity and not report them.

The ride home was more fun being 15 minutes late. This meant I had to walk home from the Dollar Tree, but that which doesn't kill us and all that. I got more bowls and small bag of dry food so I could feed the waifs in one trip toward my apartment. I didn't see any them then, but looked out a while ago and saw Grumpy Cat chowing down happy.gif

Theresa and Tang are both well and romping their usual "YAY daddy's home and off for 2 days" dance. Too hot for balcony time though. Perhaps in the morning the next couple days.

TTT

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.