Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Thought I'd stop by and wish you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa a Happy Caturday. Also I want to say I'm sorry about you losing your job. I could say there's something better waiting for you, but you probably are tired of hearing that. But I do hope you can find a decent paying job so things can be easier for you and furbabies. I am praying for you all.

We have been getting more hungry cats stopping by, the gray bob-tail was back today. Also a smokey gray one comes by every day. (Years ago I had a smokey gray one and yes, I named him Smokey. He would jump in my lap every time I sat down.).....Tabby still comes by too. Looks like I'll have to go to the store soon.

Well, Tracy, try to have a cozy and pleasant evening with your furbabies and give them a special pat for me. Always know you have friends here and we never get tired of you talking to us.......May God Bless you and furbabies....TTFN

LMM

Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey

Thanks for stopping by to offer your support. I'm not really tired of hearing "there's something better waiting for you" I just wish I could believe it. But hope is a hard commodity to come by these days. Almost 3 and half years and counting. And apparently these contract stints are harming my hireability (at least as far as that jerk at Compucom is concerned) I suppose I could say there is a silver lining in that I really didn't want to have that hellish commute anymore. But that's not enough really.

I do have another phone interview for Humana through their 3rd party aquisitions company tomorrow morning at 9:30. At least that's downtown and easy to get to. Not holding my breath. But I will be honest when they ask that stupid "Where do you see yourself in X years" question. Honestly with this economy/job market? I don't know. Hopefully still employed by the same company.

I'm glad to hear your kitty "resort" is growing popular by word of "meow" My best to Smokey, Tabby, Bob-tail and the rest. Bless you for your efforts. I hope you and your hubby had a most wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just a quick hello and to wish you the best of luck on your interview with Humana tomorrow morning. That sounds like a good honest answer to me for that question.....

Well, I had better go put some more cat food out, I saw Smokey eating a few minutes ago. Then naptime, I have to tackle that Kroger store tomorrow.

Have a blessed Sunday and hug the furbabies for me. I am sending you prayers and lots of energy for tomorrow..TTFN..

LMM

DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, good luck to you on the interview tomorrow! I hope it works out. I guess you missed my Caturday post as you responded to moon_beam and LMM, but not me. I remember you saying it had to do with your browser. I hope you and your fur kids are having a nice Sunday together. Today was nail trimming day at my place, and naturally it didn't go so well with Shelley trying to escape several times. But she is such a forgiving little cat, holding no grudges, and minutes later she came to me and let me pet her. Mindy did better, but let out a disapproving little screech when I got to one of her extra toe nails. I didn't hurt her, but I guess it's uncomfortable for her. The extra toe nails are hard to get to as they sit higher up on her paw and there's not enough room to "spread" them out. We got some much needed rain overnight, and today it is a bit cooler, but still nice.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Adding my CONGRATULATIONS to your interview for tomorrow, and hope it will go well for you. It sounds like it will be an easier commute for you so that is a DEFINITE bonus. You may want to go online to try to find some answers to interview questions that can help you feel better prepared for the ones that you find the most difficult to answer - - such as the one "where do find yourself in "x" years from now". While you want to be honest in your responses, you also want to present yourself in a way that will "inspire" an employer to hire you. Because of the struggling economy they need to see a candidate who has a desire to rise above the limitations. You definitely want to rise above the limitations you have been enduring over recent years - - and you'd like to do that with a company with whom you can establish a long-term permanent employment history. Please let us know how things go for you.

I also hope you are being able to get your UE benefits worked out to YOUR benefit. Please let us know how things go for you on that.

Noah is upstairs enjoying the afternoon sunbeams through the west windows as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello, moon_beam, LoveMyMickey and DannysMom. Pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious fur kids.

DannysMom, I'm sorry I missed your post. I promise I do not do it on purpose. I feel you on the nail trimming. I did Tang's yesterday while I had him in the sink for his "treatments" The lack of mobility on his part really helped. I still need to do Theresa's though.

LoveMyMickey, thanks for sharing about Smokey. I hope Tabby, Bob-Tail and all the rest are still coming around too. I saw the little black cat parallelling me in front of all the cars in the lot on the way back from the laundry room. I kept pace with him/her all the way down to my stairs. I hope he/she was coming get the food I put out.

moon_beam, not a bad idea about the questions. I guess it could help me put a smoother edge on my "honest" answers. You're right in that it would be a MUCH easier commute. And it would increase my availability.

Thank you all for your caring support. I hope today has been kind to all of you as well as Noah, Mindy, Shelley, Smokey, Tabby, and all the rest and that you all have a most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
xxForeverxx
Hi Tom's_Dad

I hope your interview goes well today. Just dropping by to send my love to you and your furbabies.

It is great you got a job interview and I am sure you will nail it!

xxForeverxx
Tom's Dad
xxForeverxx

Thank you for stopping by and offering your support. The interview went quite well in fact. But the guy from the other job that the interview didn't go so well also called waning me to come in. Now it looks like I may be forced to choose. My luck is an offer will be made before I hear back from Humana which is the job I'd prefer both for location and type of work. Oh well neither start until the end of the month. We'll see. Thanks again. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on your interview this morning, AND on your call back from Brooksource - - or the employer rep. This is SOOOO EXCITING as in the past you have had to take the "whatever" job. I am sooo hoping that you will get an offer from Humana since this is your "first choice" preference of the two jobs. Please let us know what happens, my friend. Hopefully you will not have to worry about being on UE for very long. If I may ask: Are these positions PERMANENT FULL TIME positions, or are they temporary contractor positions?

My nifty jiffy contractor is here today splitting the wood from the cut up tree trunk in the back yard, and has charged me the exact price he quoted me last week when he looked at what needed to be done. I really like this man - - both for his work and personally. He is honest and he has NEVER upped his price from what he has quoted me. So, with the only pending job with the front porch railings, this should finish the contractor chores for awhile. I can now shift my focus to call the company who inspects my wood stove to come and do that. AND I can FINALLY call my computer expert to come and instruct me on how to use the external hard drive - - and there are a couple of things I need him to show me what to do with W7 on the desk top. It's nice to be able to shift focus to something else other than major repairs / maintenance from the June 13 storm.

Have done a load of laundry this morning and need to put that in the dryer. It's a bit on the dampish side today so running the dryer will help to take the dampness out of the air. My precious Noah is curled up next to me taking a nap as I'm writing to you. He feels quite comfortable now with the contractor crew on the property.

Again, my friend, I am SOOOOOOOO GLAD your interview went well this morning, and that you have a call back from Brooksource. This is VERY PROMISING indeed!!! I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad your contractor came and did the work to your satisfaction. I'm also glad you are happy with his work and him personally. I hope your computer expert is able to assist you soon as well.

The Compucom job is through Brooksource and therefore contract, Humana is direct hire (albeit through a 3rd party) This is what it says in the description:

Limited Term (LT) – Limited Term Humana associates may work any number of hours, depending on the business needs, for a limited period of time (usually 1 to 180 days). Some classifications that fall into this category are summer interns, seasonal, and co-op. These associates are not to be confused with contingent labor (temporary workers, system access vendors and independent contractor/consultants) who are not employed by Humana but who complete work on behalf of Humana.

I'm guessing that means direct hire but similar terms to being contract. It's research and escalation follow up. Plus it's downtown which is easier and cost saving. I have an in person interview at CompuCom tomorrow. But, as I said in my email, this guy gives me a really bad vibe. But, by the same token, I cannot afford to turn anything down especially since I have no offer from Humana at this time. What a hard spot to be in (sigh) I will let you know how it's all going.

BTW, they UE figure was correct because 2 months of the second quarter was on UE, and that money does not count as earnings. I have no idea how I'm going to pay my rent now, even late unsure.gif

I suppose I should wrap up before I get too depressing. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and for sharing with us the news about your interview tomorrow with CompuCom. I can relate to what you're saying about accepting CompuCom and then getting an offer from Humana. I was in a similar situation after I graduated high school with two Federal agencies. One I had applied for while I was still in my Senior year and had not heard anything even after graduation day - - some 6 months had passed with no word. So I submitted applications to other agencies, and the day that I was offered a position with the Justice Department I got a call from the agency I had applied to while I was still in school giving me a report date for work. I told the HR person that I had already accepted a job because I had not heard from them, and the HR person had the nerve to tell me to call the Justice Department back and tell them I was coming to work for them. I told the HR person to go fly a kite and hung up. I have no regrets the decision I made those many years ago.

Not knowing what Humana is going to do, if you get an offer from CompuCom first you can always accept it. If at some point in time you get an offer from Humana then you can leave CompuCom with your head held high. Remember -- an employer has no regrets in firing an employee for any reason at any time - - and YOU should not feel any regrets in doing what YOU need to do for YOU and your precious companions.

Although you have misgivings about your interview tomorrow, I hope it will go well for you, and please let us know how it goes. Meanwhile I hope you will be able to find a way to pay your rent. I know this is a huge concern for you, my friend. Please let us know what happens.

I hope you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Thank you for sharing your story and perspective. It sounds similar to the problem I had when I got out of tech school (before I went back for my AS) The company I really wanted to work for because it would have given me much more practical experience as a mainframe operator didn't call me back. So, I had to go with the offer on the table from Dresser Industries as what we referred to in those days as a "tape jockey" - back when human intervention was required for tape mounts. And yes, it was as dreadfully dead end as it sounds. After being there a few months, the other company called back. Apparently their first choice didn't work out. Between being insulted and a sense of misplaced loyalty I turned them down.

I'm hoping if Humana does make a genuine offer, it's before the start date. As much I do not relish the idea if calling Brooksource to opt out, I must look after my own best interests as you say.

The weather has been nice all day and I have allowed Theresa and Tang balcony time which they have appreciated. I hope that today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm wondering how your interview went today with CompuCom. I hope your travels there went smoothly and that you feel comfortable with the results of the interview. Please let us know how things went.

This morning I worked on gathering things together that I want to take to the Goodwill tomorrow when I go to do my errands which include mailing the monthly checks for payments I cannot make online. I hope when I'm done unloading things at Goodwill that I will have the energy left to go across the road to the hardware store to get a bag of quick cement so that I can do the repairs on the statue trellis and stabilize the stakes in the ground. It's nice to be able to resume my projects instead of having to be focused on contractor projects.

Noah is doing well. We are enjoying having the big door open and gated today - - it is a lovely early autumn day. I wish it could stay this way for the coming winter months. We are watching a PBS program on the history of establishing the National Parks. It is a very interesting program narrated by Peter Coyote.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad your contract work is out of the way for the most part, and you can concentrate on your own personal projects.

As I said in the email response, the interview went well enough. Stating my wish for long term job stability in answer to "the question" I found out about the 45-60 length of the contract for this particular job/client. While they are growing and that in itself could lead to full time, it's by no means a guarantee (pretty much the interviewers words) I got a brief sense that might have hurt my chances. But, then I never thought I'd get a call back either. The agency rep called to ask how it went and stated she had heard nothing from them yet. I was gone 6 hours for a 15 minute interview that may very well have been a waste of time. On top of that I wore dressy but sturdy shoes that are not built for that mile plus long walk; as my sore feel will attest blink.gif

As I waited for my second bus home I had a perfect view of the Humana Waterside facility (where the job would be) and could not entirely suppress a wistful sigh .

I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well as always. Theresa and Tang are well too. I hope today has been most kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, gloomy, damp Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Sounds like your interview yesterday went well, and for that you can be thankful. Granted, there are no guarantees with an interview, and it can feel to be an exercise in futility sometimes. I can imagine your feelings looking at the Humana building and giving a wishful sigh. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will receive a call either for an in-person interview or a job offer. In the meantime I know you are continuing your job search with earnest and hope it will prove fruitful quickly.

Got my errands run this morning to the Goodwill, a brief stop at Kroger to pick up the items I forgot last week, and the post office. Stopped at the hardware store to pick up a small bag of quick cement - - the only size bag they had was a 40 lb bag. So I went to the other hardware store - - the only size bag they had was 50 lb bag. Called the building supply store - - the only size bag they had was a 60 lb bag. So I came home. After a brief internet search Lowe's has 10 lb bags, so I will make a trek into Rocky Mount at some point in time and pick one up. It was sooo good to get home to my precious Noah.

Speaking of my precious Noah, he is upstairs at the moment enjoying some after lunch personal time. Unfortunately there are no sunbeams today to enjoy.

Not much else happening here today - - thank goodness. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble finding the cement in a manageable size, but glad you finally found out where you can get some. I'm glad to hear Noah is doing well as always. Same here for Theresa and Tang.

Yes, the interview did go well, but the agency called this morning to state the client does not want to move forward with me. She said she'd try to find out why, but the running theory was I'm over qualified. I, however, believe it's because they want people that will accept that's it's only 45-60 days but won't leave for any better offers in the interim. I never indicated that would do that, but when I said I was looking for some long term stability, that's when the interviewer started to look a bit cross. I know you will say that I would probably not want to work for people like that, but I sure as heck could have used those few paychecks sad.gif

I called about the Humana job today and all they could tell me was I "passed" the first phone interview but no new decisions have been made (sigh) I do have an interview across town tomorrow morning with Adecco about a long term contract for a tier 1 help desk; client not disclosed until they decide they want to submit me. I suppose it's movement, but it's not bringing me any closer to having a paycheck before the 15th (cut off between first and second rent late fee) To add insult to injury I got a call a while back that showed up on my CID as Humana, but hung up. I called the number back only to get a worker who apologized that she had mis-dialed her own home number. Somehow I just know the Fates are laughing on that one dry.gif

And time marches on. These are the runs of bad luck that have broken better men than me. I imagine my time will come though. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you did not receive a job offer from CompuCom. I was hoping you could receive an offer from them as "interim" income until you were able to find a more permanent / long term position. I, too, have heard that "over qualified" feedback. I'm hoping you will hear something POSITIVE from Humana soon, my friend. The good news is that you know Humana's feedback on your phone interview. It is very hard to be patient when you have financial concerns hammering at the door.

I hope your interview went well with Adecco this morning. It is good that you are getting interviews - - this is better than sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for the phone to ring or get an e-mail requesting an interview. At least you are getting positive results on your applications - - and this is a reason to have some hope. Please let us know how things went with your interview this morning with Adecco, and I hope you will receive a positive phone call from Humana quickly.

The sun has finally made an appearance which is nice compared to yesterday's very gloomy overcast sky. It's time for me to start getting lunch on the stove, and Noah has come to me letting me know that his tummy is telling him it's time for some niblets in his bowl.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear the sun has come out and finds you both doing well.

Today was another dead end. Oh, the interview went just fine, and the client is Yum! Brands help desk. The problem is the location as it pertains to the shift. There only one bus that goes out that way and it's an express geared for day shift. And this would be mid to 2nd shift. Meaning that taking the regular bus that runs all day into the night would still require me to walk 3 miles to and from the job site - each way! So, that's another one down the tubes. Coming home I got a VM from a rep at another agency. But when I called her back all she had were very low paying jobs all the way on the other side of town; but she said she'd keep my info if something better comes along. You are correct in that I'm seeing activity on my search, but it's all false starts and dead ends so far (sigh)

I could pick up 60.00/week at the plasma clinic in my neighborhood, but unfortunately I can't go back there without a doctor's note about my Penicillin allergy that I was dumb enough to answer that question with instead of saying no allergies like the first time around. I guess I can try to find another one I can get to on the bus. BTW, I still have not head anything from Humana. Because that one is as close to perfect for me as anything I can think of, how much to you want to bet it will be forever kept out of my reach?

At least Tang and Theresa are doing well, and that's important. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and how your interview went with Adecca. I'm sorry this particular client is not a good match for you transportation-wise, but it is good news that the Adecca rep will continue to keep you as in active search for a job. So it's not a complete loss. It's good that you are being able to have a follow up in-person interview to your phone interviews.

I hope you are able to either correct your "allergy" record or find another plasma clinic that you can get to if you pursue the donation route for additional income. You may be able to get a letter from your doctor at no charge to help rectify your record at the clinic - - which the doctor's office could mail to you.

Need to make a trek to the mailbox. A few days ago I ordered more Laxatone chews for my precious Noah and they were delivered today - - and are waiting in the mailbox for me to get. My precious Noah is watching the birds fly from tree to tree this afternoon.

I hope you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam

Actually, it is a total loss. The agency I was referring to that called me was Aerotek; it was they who said they'd keep my info. Adecco has yet to respond to my email about the bad match for transportation, and I doubt they ever will. I did find another clinic I can get downtown on the 18 bus. I will check it out at some point. My Dr. has no idea about my Penicillin allergy. It's just something I got from the person who calls herself my mother a long time ago. My best to you and Noah from Theresa, Tang and me.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me on this very pleasant Friday afternoon. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm glad you have been able to find another plasma clinic you can get to in case you need or want to. I was thinking your doctor could write a letter stating that you do not have any allergies so that you could have that with you if you went back to the plasma clinic that you had mistakenly answered the question about having an allergy to penicillin - - but that is something you would need to decide whether or not it would be beneficial.

A contractor came today to inspect and - - upon insistence - - clean the flue to the wood stove. I will not be using this contractor again. I called the contractor I used last year twice and left a voice mail message each time but never received a return call from them - - which is why I contacted this other chimney contractor. Next year I may need to ask my nifty jiffy contractor for a referral.

After the chimney contractor left I turned my energies to getting caught up on the shredding project that was beginning to get a bit overloaded, and was able to get caught up on that project. Since tomorrow is going to be pleasant temperature-wise outside I may do some yard work chores. It sure is nice to be able to focus on other things now instead of "contractor" projects.

My precious Noah is taking a nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. Soon I will need to close the big door as it is beginning to feel a bit coolish here in the basement living quarters as the warmth of the sun is now on the west side of the house. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and soon it will be time to be getting my precious Noah dinner in his bowl.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Friday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties in regard to your chimney, and hope you have better luck with the other contractor. That's a good suggestion about my doctor, but if I did that she'd try to rope me into an appointment and I can't do that w/o insurance.

Today I did not do much in the job search saga; nor did I get any calls or emails (sigh) I am SO tired of this ride, but you knew that already. Once again it would seem that Theresa and Tang are almost literally keeping me alive. I know that w/o me they would not have a chance. Both are doing well BTW.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope you're having a nice Saturday with your fur kids. It's in the low 70s here and windy, but I've got the window open for my girls and Mindy is enjoying her bird watching. Shelley is sitting on top of the couch in the living room, watching a little tabby cat on the balcony across from us.

I hope you find a new job soon, hopefully with a good company and benefits.
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom, and a fine Caturday greeting to you Mindy and Shelley.

Not as cool here, already 80. So no balcony time perhaps until tomorrow morning during laundry which I will only have half as much to do since I've worn none of my "work" clothes this week. Not much of an upshot, but I take what I can get. I just got in a little while ago from the library. I had to return a few books and pick up one on hold. It was on order when I requested it, so I am probably the first to read it. Another small thing, but as I said, I take what I can get.

Smiling at your girls enjoying their afternoon. I hope today is being kind to you all and that you have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy cool Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your errands done and pick up another book from the library. I hope you find reading your books an opportunity to rest your mind from the labors of finding a job.

Not much happening here today. I was too tired to work outside today and there's a dampness to air as well, so Noah and I are enjoying a quiet low key day together. I do have the lunch dishes to wash and trek to the mailbox to make after awhile - - but that will be the extent of my activity for today. My precious Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying his after lunch private time.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and sunny Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate with your plans to work outdoors. Speaking of which, were you able to find the cement to repair the trellis? In any case, it's good you and your precious boy got to spend some time together.

Note to self on going to the library on a Saturday: Take the 9:52 bus down there and not the 10:52. The change in route leaves a gap during that time that made it to where I was able to walk down the shopping center by me (about 1.5 miles or so) nearly 10 minutes before the bus would have gotten me there. If I'd taken the earlier one I could have picked up the bus ahead of it on its way back from the mall. Yes, reading does help take my mind of the worries some. But I have found I'm reading slower and less now. I guess depression will do that. The book I picked up is the first in the latest series of the Star Trek TNG/DS9 relaunch timeline (Voyager has its own where they return to the Delta quadrant) It was on order when I had it held. So it's literally brand new; I'm the first to read it.

Upon returning home, I was greeted by Lady Theresa and Sgt. Tang. It was already 80 out so no balcony time; perhaps tomorrow morning. Time to clean Tang's ear, insulin shot, etc. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Stopping by to wish you, Lady Theresa, and Sgt. Tang a happy Caturday evening. Not much going on, but I do love this pleasant weather, haven't used the AC for several weeks.

Tabby and Smokey both still come around several times a day for food. We always keep a pile of dry food out and sometimes they will eat just a little several times a day. I put out some can food too. I told you I had a Smokey cat years ago, but I don't think I mentioned what he ate. He ate his toy rubber mouse one day and as you might guess, it didn't stay down very long. blink.gif It didn't seem to bother him. Also at the same time, we had a Tabby. A neighbor gave them to us when they were kittens......Then I got real sick with a high fever, stayed in hospital a few days. I have no idea what my mother did with the cats. She thought maybe I caught something from them.....Well, so much for my cat-tails....

I hope you and furbabies have a cozy night and a blessed Sunday. You are in my thoughts and prayers for life to get better for you......God Bless...

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. I hope you had a great Caturday.

Yes, you did tell me you had a cat named Smokey as a kid, but not about Tabby. I'm so sorry you lost them when you took ill. However, there are few (if any) diseases that humans can get from cats. I guess your mother was doing what she thought best; still very sad though.

I'm glad the the current Smokey and Tabby still come around for your kind hospitality. Hoping you and the neighborhood critters have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant sunny Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits. Hope your laundry time was accomplished without any major inconveniences, and perhaps your precious fur tribe was able to enjoy some quality balcony time.

I remember very well the "timing" of the bus schedules for the various routes to and from destinations. It's another example of how minutes, even seconds, can make a difference.

It is a very enjoyable peaceful day here. The temperature has not yet gotten to 70 degrees here, so I don't know if it will ever be warm enough today to try to have the big door open and gated. Still it is very nice having the sunbeams today. Noah is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap in the sunbeams as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time for me to start getting lunch on the stove warming, and I know my precious little boy will be joining me in the kitchen eagerly anticipating some niblets in his bowl, too. It is during this time that I give him his Laxatone "treats" and he can hardly contain his exuberance as I break the pieces into smaller bits to give it to him out of my hand. He definitely likes the "treats" much better than the paste from the tube.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm happy to hear he is well enjoying the sunbeams. It's also good that he enjoys the Laxatone treats that are in reality medicine. Shh, make sure you don't tell him that wink.gif

Laundry we OK but half the machines had out of order signs on them. Since I had less laundry I just put it all in the front loader. There was a man there just taking his stuff out of the dryers and he made a good recommendation about which was the best dryer to use. Weather was calm and cool at the time, so I allowed balcony time for Theresa and Tang which they both enjoyed.

Not much else going on today. The usual cuddles with Theresa at my side, and Tang on the arm of the couch purring by my head; music to my ears. Time for his cleaning, insulin, and their can food. I hope today has been Kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, very pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

So glad your laundry time was successful. It was nice that you received useful hints about which units were working from one of your "neighbors". And am glad your precious Theresa and little Tang were able to enjoy some balcony time yesterday.

Hope you have had a decent day in your continued quest to obtain suitable interviews which I hope and pray will lead to gainful employment very soon.

Today has been a very pleasant one. Noah and I have enjoyed having the big door open this afternoon. This morning I did the security updates and scan on the desk top, and worked on a couple of graphics projects - - each went very nicely using W7. This afternoon I called my computer expert and he will be here in the next week or so to show me how to use the external hard drive and go over a couple of things on the desk top that need attention but I'm not sure what to do about them. His schedule is full this week, so it might not be until next week or the following week before he can come - - which is okay. My precious Noah is doing well and is taking an after lunch nap as I'm writing to you.

I am so glad your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well, Tracy. I know this takes a huge concern off your mind - - and I know they are very thankful that YOU are their Forever Dad.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah. Glad to hear he is doing well and your projects are humming along. I hope you computer expert is able to make time for you soon.

Today has not gone so well on the all too often job search roller coaster I have been on for over 3 years; and I see no end in sight sad.gif First, the Careerbuilder web site was having issues and not letting me post on anything. I called their service desk and the guy put in a ticket. It seems to be working now. In the mean time I used other sites to post on other jobs. I got an email about the Humana job:

"Thank you for your on-line application to the Limited Term Service Operations - Work Content Specialist-107632 role. From time to time there are changes to our business strategy which change the direction of our recruiting efforts. As such, we wanted to let you know we will no longer be recruiting for this position at this time."

So, all the jobs/interviews so far are officially a dead end. Still wondering what it is I did that God, Time, or Fate is punishing me for. Perhaps I was Hitler in a former life (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are well. They awoke me with their antics at about 7:30 this morning; better than an alarm clock. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, beautiful autumn Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

Tracy, I truly am very sorry that you are going through another unemployment saga. I have been where you are, and it is frightening wondering WHEN your next job will become a reality. And until that time arrives, the longer it takes the more anxious - - and depressing - - the hours and days become. The only thing I have to offer you is my sincerest friendship and with that all the encouragement and support that is mine to give. I know what you are going through can feel like a "punishment" - - but I truly believe it is only that you are among the many others on this planet who are experiencing the same (un)employment struggle for no other reason than the economical plight of the world which unfortunately also affects the area in which you live - - and try to work. It is important that you keep doing what you're doing - - responding to the job announcements for which you qualify, work with as many recruiters as you can, and have faith that you WILL have another job soon. And if it's any consolation to you, even the Government employees are not spared of being furloughed - - and for some permanently.

This morning was busy with errands. I'm so glad I stopped off at the propane company because they confirmed I am already on automatic refill, and I am now also on a monthly budget payment plan. The office CSR's are very pleasant and helpful. Then I stopped at the treasurer's office and paid my taxes - - this is the first time ever I have paid them this early, but I was in Rocky Mount today and did not want to have make a special trip in just to pay the taxes at a later time. I could pay them by mail, but I prefer to pay them in person. Stopped of at Radio Shack to purchase a longer USB cord for my little external hard drive. The one it came with is only 12 inches long - - if that - - and it wasn't long enough to plug into the USB socket on the back of my desk top and reach to a place on the desk that would be handy for me. My last stop was at Lowe's where I picked up a couple of 10 pound bags of quick cement - - so now I'm ready to work on the trellis.

I was gone for 2.5 hours, and I was ever so glad to get back home to my precious Noah - - who is also glad to have me home. Lunch is on the stove warming, and my precious little boy is eagerly anticipating some niblets in his bowl when my veggies are ready. Later on will be my trek to the mailbox.

Tracy, I truly hope and pray today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad you were able to get all of your errands done. Sounds like you accomplished a lot. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in your efforts to finally repair the trellis. Hope all goes well with that.

Thank you for your comforting words of support. Earlier I laid down in the bed in pit of depression, shortly joined by both Theresa and Tang on either side of me. As I laid there trying to let my mind wander, I inexplicably "perked up" So, I got up and then both my land line and cell were ringing. Two different agencies calling about jobs. One was in the east end and low pay. But the other was an agency I'm quite familiar with for IT jobs. It's with Kindred formerly Vencor (internal help desk) He asked me about setting up users and resetting passwords in Windows Active Directory which I have not used since I left SMLLC in 2010, and even then I sometimes needed help. He assured me the questions would be fairly simple, and I jotted down some notes from the MS web site tutorial. It may be moot because, as you may recall, I had a lead on Kindred through another agency and that never went forward. I suspect it's because I worked for them over 12 years ago through Tek Systems - and that company has practically been banned because they left them high and dry in 2001. But I'll go anyway. Both the job site and agency office are downtown. My appointment is tomorrow at 11:00. Pay starts at 18.00/hour long term to hire which is why I'm not getting my hopes up. Downtown, and my old good pay rate? Sounds like a cosmic joke to me. We'll see.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gorgeous Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I am so glad you got the job query calls yesterday, and hope your interview went well today with Kindred. Please let us know how it went, my friend. I am hoping this will lead to a job offer for you - - sounds like both the location and the pay rate would be good for you.

Today was trellis repair day. It was more of a major job than what I expected it to be. I had to pratically dismantle the entire trellis and start from scratch. Three of the ground spikes were seriously bent, so I had to replace them with the new spikes from the parts that came with the "repair" trellis. I thought I could lift the sides of the trellis out of the holes, put in the cement, replace the spikes back into the ground, and pour water into the holes - - but no deal. I had to separate the sides of the trellis from the spikes, pour the cement into the ground, pound the new spikes into the ground, align the sides of the trellis over the spikes so that the bolt holes would line up, and then pour water over the spikes and ground hoping the water would also seep in around the spikes and activate the quick cement. I even tried using my garden auger attachment with my drill to help re-set the holes - - but even it got stuck in the rock base half way down. So the job was pretty much like starting from the very beginning. It took 2.5 hours to get this project done, for better and for worse - - however the results may be. I still have to put the river rock around the base of the pedestal, but that is for another time. I have plenty of cement left over - - 1.5 bags - - in case I need it for another project sometime down the road. I'm glad I got the small 10 pound bags of quick cement.

It felt very good to get my shower, and my precious Noah was ever so thankful when lunch was finally served in his bowl. He is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking his after lunch nap.

My friend, once again I hope your interview(s) went well today, and that you WILL receive a good job offer quickly. I hope and pray today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

It sounds like you had quite a hard time with the trellis I'm sorry to hear. So, did you finally get it back up again? Glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always. Hard to believe it's been over a year since his ordeal. I hope you both have many more happy years together.

The interview with New Age for Kindred went well enough. The recruiter was very nice; kind of old school which I related well to. The questions were not to terribly tough, but a few kind of stumped me. He "coached" me to nudge me in the right direction on those. So it sounds like he really wants me to get the job. He then went over my resume (which he complimented - props to you my friend) and suggested how I could add some things to the SMLLC entry where the work I did was relevant to the position. It's a good thing you sent me the Word format because I was able to send him a copy for him to format those changes he suggested, which I thought was nice of him. Now all I have to do is get a face to face with the hiring manager and not mess it up unsure.gif

Theresa and Tang are both doing well. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sending another gorgeous autumn Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I am so glad your interview went well yesterday with the recruiter, and that he was able to help you expand your experience and qualifications for your resume. I am very glad I was able to help you. I hope you will be able to get an interview with Kindred - - and that it will provide you with a positive outcome. In the meantime, keep doing what you're doing in applying for the jobs you qualify for, and have faith that you WILL get a GOOD JOB.

Yes, the trellis work was finished yesterday, and it looked decent when I got done. Later on this afternoon when I go out to get the mail I will take a closer assessment of it - - now that 24 hours has lapsed I know this will provide me a better perspective of my achievement. I am hoping I will NOT have to do this again - - unless a bad storm comes through the area. I don't mind making repairs because of that - - but I DO take exception to careless contractors.

Not much going on here today. Noah and I are enjoying a respite from activity today. Either tomorrow or Saturday I will mow the back yard and try to get some grass seed down, as come Sunday evening into Monday the forecast is calling for beneficial rain coming up from the Gulf Coast.

It's getting time for me to start getting lunch on the stove warming, and my precious Noah will be eagerly anticipating lunch in his bowl too. We enjoyed a good cuddle time this morning. He is on his bathroom window perch taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

I hope and pray today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and sunny Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I'm glad you got your trellis back up. I too hope it stays standing. It's a pity that it was knocked down by careless contractors; I still think they should have offered to reimburse you for it. Glad to hear Noah is doing well as always.

Today I have been feeling like total crud. I don't know if it's something I ate, or just some kind of bug. In any case I took a break for the search today as it would not have been a good time to talk to anybody on the phone. I did get a self identification (affirmative action) form in my email to fill out from New Age stating my info has been submitted to the client. I'm not holding my breath since they didn't want to interview me a couple years back for the other agency. But it is just what I need. Not just a job, but a good paying one that would get me back on my feet again. Any thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Not much going on here. In a little while I will clean Tang's ear and give him his shot, then can food for him and Theresa. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, I hope you'll feel better soon. Let nurse Theresa and doctor Tang take care of you with sweet purrs and snuggles! smile.gif I hope you get this job you went to see the recruiter about yesterday. It sounds good being downtown and the pay is good, too. Think positive! Good things can and do happen. Even though they didn't want to interview you a couple years ago doesn't mean they won't interview you this time around. Things change. It sounds like the recruiter gave you some good tips.

Me and the girls are fine. The temps are in the 80s and it feels like a return to summer, so I guess maybe this weekend I'll have some balcony time with Mindy. Shelley has been wanting long cuddles tonight. Looked at my granite plaques for Tina and Danny yesterday, and they are so nice. Can't wait to have them installed.
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Thanks for stopping by and your good wishes.

I'm feeling a little better today. I just got done claiming my first UE check. Since I worked 2 days of the first week, I'm not sure how much it will be. It should be enough to pay my rent but I'm not sure if it will arrive for me to pay on time. Working downtown at that rate of pay would be everything I could hope for. I just hope it works out this time.

Glad to hear the plaques have arrived for your precious Danny and Tina. I'm sure they will look great. I hope today is being kind to you and that you, Mindy and Shelley have a wonderful evening, TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Friday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I am glad to share your news that you are feeling better today, and that your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing well, too.

I am also glad to know you have your first UE check in hand, and that you have received a follow up self identification (affirmative action) form in your email to fill out from New Age stating your information has been submitted to the client. I add my thoughts and prayers to DannysMom's that this will become a positive - - and permanent - - job offer for you. In the meantime, keep doing what you're doing, my friend, and please let us know how things go.

Not much is happening here today. Noah and I had another late morning "sleep in" - - it is exactly what I have needed - - the opportunity to finally catch up with my rest from so many early rising days for contractors. Even my precious Noah is enjoying the solitude once again. It's nice to be able to once again focus on more routine things.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm October Friday greetings to you and your precious Noah. Glad to hear you are both having a nice relaxing day.

Oh, how I wish my UE check was "in hand" All I did was request it in the phone system this morning. It will probably not process until later today or Monday. And even with direct deposit the soonest I see it getting to me is Tuesday, which is too late to late to pay my rent on time by tomorrow (sigh)

Now for some good news. I got a call from the recruiter at New Age today. I have an interview at Kindred Monday morning. Which is good because before he didn't even think the resume would get to them by then. Looks like it might have gotten pushed through. I hope so, because that would be a good sign.

Not much else going on here. Just hanging with Theresa and Tang. I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you for sharing your good news about your interview on Monday. You have this weekend to prepare - - go over questions you've encountered in previous interviews and the opportunity to polish your answers - - and an opportunity to think of other "surprise" questions you might encounter and formulate appropriate answers. I know this can be hard to anticipate because every interview is a unique experience.

I'm sorry I misunderstood about you having your UE check. I hope your interview on Monday will go so well that you will not need to depend on a UE check for very long. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

I hope you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang, and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam, and thank you for the well wishes.

I do indeed have all weekend to "prep" for the interview. I have trepidation, but am trying to think positive. I keep asking myself - Is my 3.5 year penance finally coming to an end? I hope so.

Another little bit of good luck. I was walking down to the mailboxes to get my mail. When I spied a 10 dollar bill on the ground; with nary a soul around. Just as I bent down to pick it up, a gust of wind came by that surely would have blown it away. I hope the fates are with me for a change. My best to you and your precious Noah. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope you're having a nice and relaxing weekend with your fur kids. We're having a regular heat wave here with temps in the mid 80s today and tomorrow. Mindy has been enjoying the open window, and Shelley has been relaxing on top of the couch. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for the job interview next week. You may want to go to the company website and familiarize yourself with their mission statement, what it is they do, how many employees they have, company culture, etc. Those are all good things to know and even if not asked about them you can bring it up yourself to show them that you did your "homework". I think hiring managers want to see that a candidate cares about what the company does and that it's not just another job for them.

How is Tang's ear doing? I hope Tang and Theresa are both well. I'm planning on some balcony time with my girls today, and maybe tomorrow go to the pet cemetery to see if they have installed the granite plaques.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gorgeous Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Congratulations on your $10 windfall - - literally. Who knows where it would have disappeared to if you had not been fortunate to find it. Just make sure it's REAL MONEY - - and not "funny money" (the kind that the Treasury Department confiscates).

Mowed the back yard this morning and got some grass seed down. I'm hoping the rain from the remnants of Karen that is forecasted to come through the area tomorrow night and Monday will help to jump start the seed. Lunch has been served and my precious Noah is upstairs enjoying the wonderful sunbeams through the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Happy Caturday to you, Mindy and Shelley.

It has indeed been a warm October here so far too. Today it's been raining and staying a bit cooler though. Good suggestion on the interview, but I already worked for this company from 1999-2001 when they were Vencor (just before the bankruptcy and name change) I'm actually trying to downplay that due to the bad blood between them and Tek Systems.

Thank you for asking after Tang. His ear continues to do well. It looks even better than when I first got him over 2 years ago; just a few drops of cleaner fluid and 1 Q-Tip to do the job each night. He did have a sneezing fit earlier that scared me (he's heart worm positive) But he was in a dusty corner by the sliding doors, so I hope that was it. I called him over to the couch and petted him and told it would be OK. Theresa is well and sleeping the afternoon away in my "dad" chair.

I hope today is being kind to you and your girls, and that you all have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. Glad to hear he's doing well and enjoying sun beams. It sounds like you got a lot done outside today; I hope the weather cooperates and you are spared the worst of the storms.

The 10 dollar bill looked real enough to me; spent it just fine at Save a Lot this morning. I had to go back and get a couple things I forgot yesterday. The Dollar Tree was still out of all it's cat stuff though (sigh) I guess I went before their new truck came in. I buy 1 LB bags of generic dry cat food for the strays and they usually have the big cans of Friskies whitefish/tuna pate can food I give Theresa and Tang. Oh well, I have a can of 9 Lives in the cupboard and enough generic dry for the strays for a couple days. I can get more while I'm out Monday I guess. Not much else happening here. Theresa and Tang are both doing well.

I hope today is being kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday Evening greetings to you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa. I hope you had a good day. It doesn't take long for the cat food to run out especially when you're feeding poor little strays. You are a kind person Tracy, and you will be blessed for feeding the little strays......I have a feeling where the ten dollar bill came from...maybe from Sir Tom and when the gust of wind came through it was Sir Tom saying "pick it up, Dad!"....

Smokey and Tabby still come by several times a day to eat, sometimes together. I'm happy to see that they are friends now. This is funny...Smokey was eating some food and Tabby came up behind him and very gently smacked Smokey's tail. He did it several times very gently, but I was afraid that would scare Smokey away. So I very gently, almost whispered "stop it!" several times. And to my surprise, Tabby stopped, and I took some more food out. Sometimes I see them just hanging out together.

My thoughts and prayers are with you too, for your interview to go well and to get this job......Have a cozy evening with your furbabies and a blessed Sunday tomorrow.....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hello LoveMyMickey. Thanks for stopping by.

I too am glad to hear that Smokey and Tabby seem to be friends and are working together. I've often thought in that line when I see the strays fighting over scraps; which is part of why I started putting out food. I would tell them (if I saw them) Hey guys you should work together instead of fighting. It's been raining most of the time yesterday and this morning. The bowl of food was untouched and flooded out. While it's like this I don't see the point of putting any more out (since I'm low anyway) as they are probably holing up somewhere.

I'm smiling at the playful swats of Smokey and Tabby trying to get their turn at the food. Theresa and Tang do that even though there are 2 bowls each for food and water blink.gif

I hope yesterday was kind to you, your husband, Smokey and Tabby and that you all have a terrific day. TTFN

TTT

PS: I didn't think about it at the time, but I bet you are right that Tom sent me that money to find wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.