Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From what you share with us it sounds like your new assignment is "promising." I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this assignment will only be the beginning of better and brighter things for you in this job. Please let us know how things go.

I hope your errands today will go smoothly so that you and your precious fur tribe can enjoy most of this day together. In just a little bit I will be loading the car with many items I have collected over the years for the needs of beloved companions to take them to a local "no kill" shelter to use either on site or to include in their yard sale / auction fundraising events. I know I will never be using these items again, and I can now "let go" of them with a happy heart knowing they will be enjoyed by other precious companions. I probably won't be back home until later this afternooon, and probably won't be back online until tomorrow.

My precious Noah is stretched out on his big window bench thoroughly enjoying the sunbeams. When I get back home I will need to give him his afternoon meal and open the big door for him, and me, to enjoy the songs and sounds of the woodland residents.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and I'm glad he has sunbeams in which to bask. I hope all of your generous donations will help out other companions out there. I think it's what Oslo, Abbygayle, and Eli would want.

Today's errands went fine, only took about 1.5 hours in all. It was in the upper 60s this morning, so I allowed balcony time for Theresa and Tang (which is from when I posted the video of Theresa) She really does love being outside. I guess that comes from living in a cage the first 4 years of her life sad.gif

It's been a pretty lazy day otherwise. I'm getting ready to give the kids some can food while I have some eggs on to boil for a yummy batch of my tuna salad for sandwiches for my lunches next week as I will be getting an hour from now on.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I hope your laundry time this morning went smoothly.

I'm so glad your errands went well yesterday, and that you and your precious companions were able to enjoy the day together. And what GOOD NEWS that you have an hour for lunch in your new schedule. This will be a good mid-day break for you from the stress of the call center.

The no kill shelter is a wonderful place operated by dedicated people who truly have the best interests of the animals first and foremost. I truly wish there was more I could do to support them, but hopefully the items I took to them yesterday will help them in some form or fashion. We enjoyed a good visit with each other, and I was later getting home to my precious Noah than I had wanted to be. But he was eagerly greeting me at the door, and my first priority was to get him his afternoon meal - - which was about an hour later than usual.

Today we are enjoying having the big door open and gated, and my precious boy is next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Soon it will be time to get his lunch ready.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. It's good you both can enjoy the panorama of the outside from the big open door.

Laundry went fine but for a one guy in there, but he was putting his stuff in the dryer and gone by the time I came back to change my loads over. The weather was nice, so I allowed Theresa and Tang some balcony time which the enjoyed. This will be my last Sunday doing laundry for some time I suppose, as I switch that day to Thursday. I'm going to try to do my errands then too so I can have Catuirday with nothing to do but relax.

Otherwise, the day has been low key and relaxed with snuggles all round. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Sunday Evening Greetings to you, Princess Theresa, and Lt. Tang. I hope you all enjoyed your day. The temps were so pleasant here today.
I think most of the same group of kitties still come around. Smokey is so funny, he leaves on the weekend. He came back this morning, was out there waiting for his breakfast.
Sometimes in the evenings after dinner, he goes around back on the patio and hubby sits with him awhile. Then Smokey curls up in a lawn chair, takes a nap, and leaves aroud dark.
He ate quite a bit of can food today. I found a good bargain on a case of 24 on Amazon and also stocked up on birdseed, no shipping charge.

One cat brought us another present, poor little Charlie the chipmunk, all laid out on the carport. We left it there and it disappeared later. I don't care for those kinds of presents.

Tracy, Congratulations on all your job training. Sounds like you did good on your tests and everything. I hope your regular work goes well......You and furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a cozy evening with your furbabies....I'm always thinking of our angels, Sir Thomas and Sweet Mickey...God Bless....TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM

Pleasant evening greetings to you, hubby and the kitties. Glad to hear Smokey is still coming around with the others. I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie the Chipmunk sad.gif

Thanks for the good wishes on the job. Tomorrow starts the "long" days" I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. I hope you all have a good evening while Angel Mickey watches over you. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Today is your "first day" in your officially assigned schedule. I hope all is going well for you today, my friend. And I hope you wlil be eligible to look at the July schedule and perhaps improve on your current schedule. Please let us know how things go.

Today I am gathering up my used laser and ink jet cartridges to get them ready to drop off at the local Lion's chapter tomorrow in their recycling program. I have 12 laser cartridges and many ink jet cartridges, so I hope they will help the Lion's in their fundraising programs. Tomorrow I will also need to stop off at my dentist's office to pay the balance due for my emergency check up last month. So tomorrow will be "errand" day for me. The large collection boxes will be at the dumpster site this weekend for special trash items, so I will be taking several items there as well.

Noah is stretched out next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. We have the big door open and gated enjoying the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. We played a brief game of volley ball this morning which was fun.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Partly sunny and pleasant greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. It's good you had some quality game time by the big window. Good luck with the recycling run tomorrow.

Today was a typical Monday with 200-300 in queue until after lunch, then about 100. Then it dropped suddenly after 5:00. I wasn't complaining. My lunch/breaks are spaced exactly 2 hours apart except after my last break in which I have 2.5 hours until time to leave, so not too bad. And with an hour for lunch, not only did I have time to read the paper, I actually got to work the crossword puzzle.

Travels home were uneventful if a bit late. Tang was there to greet me and Theresa was relaxing in one of the chairs (a good sign for her) I held off on can food tonight as they snubbed it last night. Good thing as Tang threw up a little while ago unsure.gif He seems better now though.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm humid Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you had a busy day in the call center yesterday, and it sounds like you have a decent work day schedule with breaks, etc..

I can imagine you were a bit concerned with your precious little boy's upset tummy last night. I hope he is feeling better.

Today was errand day. When I got home I tackled organizing my "stuff" in the garage to take to the special trash collection bins on Friday. That took me about an hour and was a very grimy job. It felt good to get my shower, and then be able to hug my precious Noah and get him his lunch. We have the big door open and gated, and my precious Noah is cuddled next to me as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well enjoying the view from the big door. Sounds like you got a lot done today.

Work started out heavy in queue, but dropped to a trickle by lunch time; this seems to be the pattern with mornings being the busiest. But that makes sense since most (if not all) papers are morning publications.

Travels home were quiet and on time. Both Theresa and Tang greeted me at the door, which is always nice. I tried the can food again tonight telling them if they made even a small effort, I would open a new can tomorrow. No luck (sigh)

Since the rain has cooled things down considerably, I have opened the bedroom window and the sliding door to the balcony. I'm too busy to watch them for balcony time though. But they seem content with the fresh air.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, sometimes cloudy, humid, forecasted to be sometimes stormy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you are getting adjusted to the routine of the call center, which is a credit to your experience and expertise. I know you are looking forward to having tomorrow and Saturday off, so you only have Friday and Sunday morning to work for your first week of full time employment. I hope you are finding the atmosphere in the call center compatible, and are being able to establish a good rapport with your supervisor. I look forward to sharing how things are going for you.

It is an early start to this day. Noah and I had some snuggle time after he had his breakfast but shortly afterward he went upstairs to greet the day from the west windows. I didn't feel the need to take a nap, so I got an early start on the day. I have a load of laundry that is ready to go into the dryer - - thought I would get that done during the "cooler" part of the day, and will need to fire up the big desk top to load the Microsoft security updates. Otherwise it should be a low key day here after yesterday's busy-ness. My precious Noah is settled next to me resting comfortably as I'm writing to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. partly cloudy, breezy and sometimes rainy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. It sounds like you two have had a very productive day, and it's good you and Noah had quality time by the big door.

Today was a very good day at work. I had my last evaluation for training from my time spent in OJT with that supervisor. I guess she doesn't dislike me as much as I though OR I'm doing such a good job she had to give me grudging praise. We are expected to get a 2.25 out of training, but I got "A whopping 3.15" (her words) A score that she said she would only expect a seasoned veteran to get most times. I'll take that as a win smile.gif

Yes, I am so looking forward to being off tomorrow. I don't think I could do these extended hour shifts for more than 3 days in a row blink.gif Looking over my schedule, it's really only Monday and Tuesday nights where I may get less sleep than I'd like. So, that's not too bad compared to other jobs I have had over the last few years. I don't know if I will do the shopping after the laundry tomorrow as I have a TWC tech coming to install an HD converter tomorrow between 8-10. I don't have an HD TV and it won't cost me anything. Let's just say I raised enough heck about Dr. Who on demand showing regular SD availability (and being lied to about it by a chat rep) So, while it won't be in HD, I will still have SD access to all that additional programming.

Travels home were quiet and timely. Tang met me at the door, and I went in the bedroom and gave Theresa her "daddy hugs" As I was walking by the hall, I saw Tang grooming Miss Theresa's back and her not minding it wub.gif I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid maybe stormy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on your high score evaluation yesterday. That is truly a WINNER!!! You have earned this win, my friend, through all the trials and tribulations you have endured through the years in previous jobs. I am SOOO HAPPY for you, my friend!!! I hope this score will enable you to have better opportunities with this employer. Please let us know how things go.

I hope by now the TWC rep has come to do the HD converter installation, and that everything continues to work as it should. I hope your laundry time went okay this morning as well - - perhaps you will find you have less "competition" for the machines doing your laundry on Thursdays as opposed to the weekends.

I'm so smiling at your seeing your precious Theresa "accepting" a grooming from her little brother. For you to see her accepting it means this isn't the first time Tang has groomed her. And grooming is a time of bonding - - so this is a very good indication that your precious Theresa and little Tang are truly "siblings".

We got some storms through the area yesterday evening with some lightning brightening up the sky at times but the area around the homestead was spared the brunt of the storms that passed through the region. My precious Noah and I enjoyed a good snuggle cuddle this morning before starting the day. It is always a blessing waking up with his sweet precious body snuggled next to me.

It's a quiet day here today. Tomorrow will be a busy day with the errand to the special trash boxes - - which is always a grubby chore. I also received an e-mail that my monthly bank statement is now available online so at some point in time I will be working on reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes sunny and breezy greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well and enjoying the scenery from the big door.

My experience with tWC today was (and still is as we speak) horrific. I got on chat at 9:45 to check my status and was told my appointment had been cancelled (even though I had confirmed it) and had to be rescheduled. Turns out it wasn't, just running late - 2.25 hours late! I only got back home from my errands about an hour ago. Five hours of my life wasted that I'll never get back. The VOD was working fine when the tech was here, but when I got in I discovered I had powered off the box and now VOD won't connect. I'm currently wasting more time in chat for that huh.gif

Thanks for the congrats on my score - it was a bright spot in my day. I get to go back tomorrow with my day off totally wasted. This has also resulted in my fussing at TWC scaring poor Theresa and Tang. But they seemed to have bounced back OK. Soon it will be time to see to their evening needs. I'd ask where the day went, but I already know the answer to that.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It's always frustrating when things just don't go as planned - - as what happened with your day yesterday. Hopefully you have your VOD connection back up and running properly. It sounds like Murphy's Law "if anything can go wrong it will" certainly applied to your day yesterday. I hope today is proving to be more positive for you.

It was a little later start to the day here as both my precious Noah and I enjoyed a cuddle this morning. Was able to get the special trash items to the collection box as planned, and did a little more "organizing" of stuff in the garage. Am already collecting items for another run into the regional recycling center. By the time I was finished with my shower it was just about time to get my precious Noah his lunch. He is cuddled next to me keeping a vigilant watch through the windows on the movements of the woodland residents as I'm writing to you.

I have also managed to reconcile the checkbook with the bank statement, so that chore is done for another month. Soon it will be time to begin the "bill-a-thon" for July's payments. This year seems to be marching forward at a brisk pace, but then that may just be my old age talking as time does seem to speed up the older and slower I get.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Sounds like you got much accomplished today.

Today was NOT good. Between something I must have eaten and the monumental stress placed on me by TWC - I had to deal with many nasty people on chat and the phone before getting a nice young lady who did some trouble shooting and tried a roll back for yesterday that didn't happen and resulted in another appointment for tomorrow - I was sick to my stomach this morning. Throwing up and doubled over in pain from stomach cramps. So, I had to call in sick as I could hardly even stand up.

I thought, oh well I get sick time now and it's 3 call offs before we are in "trouble" as I understood it. Not according to the guy I talked to in work force (who was in my class) Apparently when still in the 90 days, not only do we not get sick pay, but I may be on final warning and can't miss anymore time until the end of next month (sigh) The shape I was in, I never would have been able to work. Heck, I'm still feeling a little shaky sad.gif

Theresa and Tang were very comforting though. I will be tending to their needs shortly. As bad as I felt this morning, I may have forgotten Tang's insulin. I should have known things were going just a bit too well for me lately. Anyway, I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you feeling much better today, and both you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry you were not able to go to work yesterday, but you made the right decision regardless of what happens. Once you get beyond the 90 day "probation" period you will be just fine, and you only have until the end of July to accomplish this. I hope and pray that yesterday's absence will not become a "negative" on the good record you have already established. Please let us know how things go.

It's a pleasant day here - - no errands to run and no chores to do. This doesn't mean there aren't chores that need to be done - - it's just that I'm taking the liberty of not doing them - - just focusing on sharing this day with my precious Noah, who is settled next to me keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

My friend, I do hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. sunny and pleasant Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. I know what you mean about just wanting to have a "do nothing" day - it's why I packed so much into Thursday, to my ultimate chagrin huh.gif

I'm feeling better today, but still somewhat weak. It is a bummer about my sick day situation, but I agree that I probably made the right choice under the circumstances. I guess I just have to work that much harder to get back on top of things.

I just got off chat to TWC and so far my appointment for 5-7 is still on, and the 55.00 in credit was applied to my past due minimum. That's good I suppose. Now it just remains to be seen if he shows up on time and fixes the issue. I can't believe this all started because I could not load what was listed as regular signal Dr. Who on VOD dry.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and enjoyed balcony time this morning due to mild temps in the mid 60s. They have both provided me with much cuddles and companionship today. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I hope you were feeling better this morning so that you could feel comfortable during your commute and time at work. I also hope you did not receive any "reprisals" for not being at work on Friday. Please let us know how things go.

It's another peaceful quiet day here. My precious Noah is cuddled next to me as I'm writing to you. Perhaps by now, or soon, you will be on your way home to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are eagerly anticipating having their Forever Dad home - - for every day to them is Father's Day.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and sunny greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Today did not have a good start. Oh, I'm feeling better and was making my way to my bus stop on time this morning. As I was heading out the door, I was confronted in the hallway by my downstairs neighbor because I was apparently stomping too loud (which I do not) But rather than asking me to keep it down, he threatened to "Drag my <bleep> of of my door and beat me" When I kept walking he followed me half way down the jogging path and said he "Would break into the apartment and KILL my GD cats, when you get home you'll find 6 dead <bleeping> cats"

I called the police on the way to my bus stop but they said they'd have to actually come out for me to file a complaint. I was worried all day at work, but they offered to let people go early due to it being slow. I got home as quickly as I could and thankfully both Theresa and Tang are OK; no sign of a break in. I called the police again about an hour ago and they are still not here (I guess that's how seriously threats against animals are taken in the ignorant state) I also called the office and let them know too. I was scared when I got home as Tang was nowhere in sight and Theresa was very still and did not stir until I poked her a second time unsure.gif Hopefully the police will arrive soon.

I hope today has bee kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. I am so very sorry your neighbor had a psychotic breakdown which led to you and your precious companions being threatened. You are doing the absolute RIGHT THING in placing a police report against this neighbor, and you may also want to consider having a restraining order placed against him as well. It is also well that you contacted the manager's office. Be sure to write an account of what happened as well as another part of the documentation "trail" should you need to seek legal advice. I hope and pray this doesn't escalate - - that this is a "one time" incident - - one that is extremely frightening.

You really do NOT need this additional stress after your GI upset on Friday, and I must confess I am concerned as to how you will be feeling come tomorrow and this week. You cannot afford any additional time off until your probation time is completed. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that this event will not have any further adverse effects.

My friend, I hope this afternoon and evening will treat you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam.

The police did finally come, and while the officer agreed it was an extreme over reaction he did not really seem to take it all that seriously. He just said "I"ll go talk to him" The weekend leasing agent was also apologetic, but here again did not seem to react in a way that indicated she took it seriously. She did say she would pass it on to the manager and on site safety officer. The old manager moved away according to the June news letter and the assistant that I really like took her place. The problem is that she's out on maternity leave. I WILL follow up with them when I'm off on Thursday.

Sadly, this is the reaction I was expecting. As I said, animal cruelty and threats there of are not given the attention they deserve in this pathetic poor excuse for a state. Thank goodness Theresa and Tang are well (Tang bolted when the police officer knocked on the door though) I guess I'm going to have to give serious thought to balcony time from now on. This week it won't be an issue with record heat on the way though. I do feel anyone that can casually toss out a threat like that has probably done it before - and I don't just mean the threat, but has probably hurt or killed someone's pet. And they are the ones with the yappy little dog that has woken me on more than one occasion.

I hope you and Noah are well and have a good evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad the police officers arrived and hope they took a report to file to have on record should there be a need for follow up - - which I hope and pray is not the case. You should be able to get a copy of the police report for your records, but don't know if you need to pay a fee to get it. It is also good that you were able to speak with the apartment management. Keep a personal record of your contacts of date, time, and who you spoke with for your own references "just in case." I assure you that the response you received from the police and your manager are universally typical regardless of the State, even though the threat was against both you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. It isn't that the police don't care, - - it's just that they see a lot of "domestic violence" cases and there are protocols that have to be followed - - beginning with the "first incident" of talking to the neighbor who threatened you and your precious companions. Hopefully this is an "isolated incident", and hopefully in time you will be able to find peace again in your precious Theresa's and little Tang's safety, and yours. I do know from first hand experience how upsetting a situation like this is, and I do understand how concerned you are - - you have a right to be. I am keeping you and your precious companions in my thoughts and prayers, and hoping you will not have an adverse physical reaction to this stress. Please let us know how things go.

The woodland residents are keeping a low profile today with the warmer temps and higher humidity. Occasionally Noah and I will hear a bird chirpping, but for the most part the birds and squirrels and other woodland creatures are conserving their energies. My precious Noah is stretched out on his window bench in front of the big door enjoying the sunbeams and little breeze that is coming in through the open door. I have the pedastal fan on low speed oscillating to circulate the air and so far it is pleasant here in the basement living quarters.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam and hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well and keeping cool. Too bad about the woodland creatures, but I can see why they'd want out of the heat.

I called the office today and I was told that our resident police officer (referred to as the courtesy officer, but still a real cop) Talked to this psychotic nut job. And the woman I spoke to said what he did was NOT in ANY way acceptable. If nothing else, one can hope his wife talked him into backing off lest they bring bad karma on themselves and their little dog (which I would never wish on ANY animal regardless of his/her "questionable" guardianship) The fact this piece of garbage has been allowed to procreate and retain custody is beyond the pale of frightening. And we wonder why so many kids grow up to be psychos dry.gif

Today at work was the busiest I have ever seen it - cresting at 450 plus in queue blink.gif And it didn't drop off until about 5:45. I did get out on time though. Travels home were more or less uneventful if about 8 minutes late. Theresa and Tang are both well (thank goodness) Tang greeted me at the door, and I looked in on Theresa on the bed. Both have been fed with fresh water and are settling in.

That one little waif was laying next to the dumpster on my way up the stairs. He/she was about to get up but spotted me and laid back down. He/she ran as I approached with food but came around as I was walking away. He/she clearly associates seeing me with food which is nice I guess.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

From what you share with us, it is very good news that both the resident courtesy officer and the apartment management are supportive of YOU with this situation. Indeed, the behavior of the other tenant is TOTALLY unacceptable. I do know how relieved you are to get home in the evenings now to see your precious Theresa and little Tang safe.

Sounds like you had an extremely busy Monday yesterday, and hope that today will be more "normal" in call volume. I hope you did not receive any negative "feedback" from your needing last Friday off. Please let us know how things go.

When Noah and I were up earlier this morning to get him breakfast, there was a beautiful deer in the back yard. But - - as usual, when the deer saw me standing in the big door window he / she ran back into the thick woods. This is the first deer I have seen in the yard for quite awhile and so close to the house.

Not a lot of activity going on here at the homestead. The temps have just reached 90 degrees, and there isn't much of a breeze today - - at least not at the moment. The good news is the humidity isn't too much of a factor, so we're enjoying the big door open with the fan running to circulate the air. The forecast includes a chance of thunderstorms later this afternoon and evening, but the radar appears to be clear for the entire region as I'm writing to you. The woodland residents are keeping a low profile again today, so there isn't much wildlife entertainment for my precious boy.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another hot and humid greeting to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I had a similar wildlife experience but with a squirrel - and in reverse. I came upon on him feasting on a nut or berry on an outdoor cafe chair along 4th street on the way to the office. But he didn't run away. Just looked up at me with a cheery expression and kept eating.

I have good news on the home front. I got a voice massage from one of the ladies in the office. I called her back at lunch and she wanted to let me know these creeps are moving out this weekend. She didn't go as far as to say they were being evicted, but the subtext was definitely there. And get this, the guy was the boyfriend of the lady living there NOT the husband. Not even on the lease. I guess that explains the hostile confrontations I would hear in the parking lot. In any case they will be gone, in fact may already be from the signs, and that's all that matters. The lady wanted me to know that and that the safety officer had a "talk" with them to be sure there would be no "issues" between now an then. After 11 years here, I finally feel like I scored a win. And all it took was some shuffling of personnel.

Work was not as bad, in fact it died down earlier than usual. But even when we aren't in queue, there is never more than a few minutes between calls. Oh, and nobody has said anything to me about Friday thus far. Travels home were timely if a bit stifling from the heat and humidity. Tang met me at the door and Theresa was on the bed waiting for me. Both seem well.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm sunny Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am sooo relieved to share your news that the resident who threatened you and your precious companions is moving. I know this helps in restoring to you a sense of safety for your precious Theresa and little Tang - - especially when you are not home - - and you.

It's a low key day here. The temps are in the 90's, the woodland residents are conserving their energies, and my precious Noah is letting me know "mom, I am sooooo bored - there is NOTHING to do!!!" Soon it will be time to get some lunch in his bowl, and I know that will be a "happy time" for him.

Once again, my friend, I am sooo happy to share your news about the tenant moving. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Poor Noah with no woodland creatures to espy and capture his interest. Perhaps mom can play some games with him?

I think the creeps may have already moved. I saw none of the vehicles, and no yapping little dog or slamming sliding door all night. It's equally quiet tonight. I really think the old manager moving away and the assistant that took her place out on maternity has made way for a new "regime" that does not tolerate this or any other kind of garbage. Like I said, I feel like someone is finally on my side. Adding this to a permanent full time job, it seems like things are finally going my way (dare I hope?)

Work was about the same as yesterday, and looking forward to being off tomorrow helped. Hopefully with no stress factors (I'm talking to YOU Time Warner Cable) I'll be able to get an early start on my errands and be able to relax most of the day.

Travels home were timely and both my precious Theresa and Tang met me at the door. Both are well and settling in as dad does his typing on the funny glowing box happy.gif

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

My friend, I am so very glad you have peace and safety returned to you and your precious companions. I know this takes a HUGE concern off your mind when you are at work or out doing errands. And I am so happy that you have job stablity with a full time job again. These are blessings to be thankful for, my friend.

Once again not much going on today. The woodland residents are continuing to keep a low profile with the hot temps outside. My precious Noah and I are keeping activity levels at a minimum inside as well. I am looking forward to the "cold front" that is supposed to come through the region today and tomorrow to cool temps back into the 80's.

I hope today is treating you kindly with your errands, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will be able to have a GOOD DAY together and a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Another hot and humid greeting (with no real cold front coming our way) to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Certainly less stress today than last week. I got a later start than I would have liked on errands, but still was home by a little after 11:30. Theresa, Tang and I had a nice lazy day together; both are well.

Not much else going on around here. I guess when it gets this hot (even with AC) everything slows down. I hope today is treating you and Noah kindly and you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot sunny T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. So glad to share your news that yesterday was a HUGE improvement over last week.

Like you have shared with us, activity does come to almost standstill, even with AC, when the temps are consistently hot, and today is no exception to the low profile activities of this week. Noticed that the annual "march of the ants" has started, so put out fresh ant traps in the usual places - - which was my "high activity" for the day. Noah is doing well and has had his lunch.

I know you are glad to be at work today, as opposed to being off last week due to a major GI upset. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and that the ants don't become a problem.

I really didn't feel 100% today, but soldiered on to work anyway. Fortunately it wasn't too busy for a Friday. Work force was expecting some kind of surge during the noon hour and moved our lunches back accordingly. It never came (not that I'm complaining). The site director sent out an email for 1 member of each team to join the ihelp team (tech support for online content) I responded back to him and my supervisor I'd be glad to be part of that. She excitedly responded back she'd heard I had a strong background in that area and I'd be a good fit. More later as I know it.

Travels home were marred by the pouring rain and the bus running 15 minutes late, then getting hung up in some parade detour. I ended up home about 30 minutes late, but was promptly met by Theresa and Tang fussing at my lateness. Both are well though. A little while ago I was taking trash out, and food for the waifs (as the rain has stopped). As you know, I try to do this on the down low. Wouldn't you know some air heads in an SUV pull up right next to the dumpster? I thought I'd wait them out, but they are STILL out there running their mouths as I post this mad.gif

I hope today has treated you and Noah, kindly and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, sometimes cloudy, humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

How EXCITING that you will be included in the ihelp team. Will this be a "permanent" transfer or in an "as needed" assignment? Please let us know how things go.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling 100 percent chipper yesterday, but am very glad you were able to go into work. An item on the local news yesterday has me asking you if you have checked the settings on your refrigerator and freezer to make sure your food is being kept at the proper temperatures. Even the standard "recommended" temps can be lower than what the environment in your apartment actually needs to keep your food from becoming tainted - - even slightly. It doesn't take much in temperature variation to start botulism in food - - even when it is refrigerated. Just thought I would toss this thought out to you for your consideration.

The forecast calls for mostly cloudy conditions today with a wide coverage of summer-type storms, but the sun is not cooperating with the forecast. I hope the forecasted "cold front" will make its way through the region so that Noah and I can once again enjoy having the big door open and gated.

Need to get Noah's lunch for him. Not much happening around here today. I hope you were able to get your laundry done early this morning so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy most of this day together. I hope today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam sunny and hot Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well.

I do my laundry on Thursday mornings now along with my grocery shopping. I figure it's a better time than Saturday to get the room to myself, and so far it has been. That way I don't have to do anything, or go anywhere on Caturday's ; just chill with Theresa and Tang like I have done today. They are both well. It's been so quiet since the people downstairs have gone away. The coldest setting on my refrigerator is 7 and I keep it at 5 so everything is very cold to the touch. Also it sometimes half freezes the water in my Britta filter pitcher - I'd say that's about as cold as I dare set it.

I don't know if the ihelp thing will be permanent or not. But I do know it's a chance to get off the phones for a little while and do something different. Adding that to my record high test scores for pre-employment and way above average first QA out of training is a way to stand out. I'm not trying to do that for any glory (far from it, I usually shun the spotlight) but as a way to show I'm more valuable working "behind the scenes" than as call floor cannon fodder; know what I mean? I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone else, but when the average age of such fodder is early to mid 20s and I'm pushing 49 and have worked hard for as many years as some of them have even been alive, I feel like I deserve more. Is that selfish?

It will be time soon to check the mail, feed the waifs, and see to my own babies. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, sometimes cloudy, very humid Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you're being able to get your Thursday schedule settled with chores and errands so that you and your precious companions can enjoy your Caturdays together uninterrupted. This is very good news.

Even though the temps are in the 70's so far the humidity is quite high, so I haven't yet decided about opening the big door. You may have heard about the tornado reports in the central eastern part of Virginia yesterday evening - - Appomatox County and southeastward. This did not affect Franklin County residents in any way, and the severe thunderstorm that did come through this area stayed to the south of the homestead. So Noah and I were safe from yesterday's storms.

Soon you will be getting off work and making your travels home to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad you missed the the worst part of the storms, and hope you both are well.

Travels today were less than ideal. The bus was packed going in until we reached the newly reopened Kentucky Kingdom and a bunch of teenagers got off. It was packed going home until about the halfway point too; and that longer walk home in the heat (Sunday's schedule doesn't line up with the bus that comes close to me). Work itself was OK, the usual missing papers and dispatching for replacements with a side of occasional verbal abuse (apparently I "don't have a brain in my head")

Theresa and Tang are well and we enjoyed some cuddle time when I got home this afternoon. I don't know if I will ever get used to working Sundays huh.gif Just feel so tired. Well, I've got to get things done and settle in so I can start it all over again tomorrow. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy humid Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like it's a good thing Sundays are only half days. Clinical professionals recognize that it's generally the little "irritations" (like missing newspapers, etc.) that can cause the angry eruption response that includes all the other irritations, aggravations, frustrations a person is experiencing. Unfortunately, the eruption usually targets the person / people who are not responsible but just happen to be in the "line of fire" at the moment. So I hope you aren't taking the insults, etc., personally, my friend. Obviously you DO have a brain in your head in order to be able to help resolve the problem.

Sorry that the bus schedule on Sundays does not include the route closer to your home - - that was the same operating procedure for the bus company in the area that I grew up in many eons of years ago. The good news is you arrived home safely so that you and your precious companions could enjoy the rest of the day together.

This morning has been focused on financials - - getting payments scheduled online, posting payments in the ledger, filing receipts from last month's payments, etc.. My precious Noah has been with me all through this activity, and is now settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you. Will start working on a grocery list to do that errand tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Warm and breezy (and looking like rain now) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well, and you have been able to complete all of your tasks so you can both relax.

No, I don't take it personally. I had one today going off on me demanding a supervisor. Turns out she had been paying for her mother's subscription and it was finally put on a printed bill to the mother. But, she was listed as the billing address. Apparently she and her mother have some very dark and stormy history. When I took her off the billing address and advised her she was preaching to the choir (about the mom thing) the poor thing broke down crying apologizing to me unsure.gif Oh, and we crested at almost 500 in queue today with no relief until it was almost time to go blink.gif

Travels home were timely, quiet, and uneventful. Tang met me at the door, and I went into the bedroom to give Theresa her "daddy hugs" Both are settling in as I post here. Two more full days before I'm off again. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, humid sunny Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so glad you were able to help the caller yesterday with the billing situation. I'm sure your kindness and sympathy for the caller's situation is much appreciated and helped her feel better to know she is not alone. You were the RIGHT person for her to talk to yesterday.

I'm so smiling at your precious companions' daddy greetings when you get home. Your precious Theresa and little Tang are so blessed to have you for their Forever Dad.

This morning was an early rise one to get errands done before the humidity of the day settled in. I needed to go to the hardware store to get a new table fan for the basement kitchen area. I alternate fans - - one runs during the day and the other one runs during the evening - - this way the motor to each fan has a chance to cool off at some point. One of the fans I was using was quite old and the motor simply quit working. The grocery store was getting busy for "senior discount" day by the time I was ready to check out, but was able to get checked out quickly. I gasped at the total for the groceries, though. Kroger now has a monopoly in this immediate area for groceries, as Food Lion closed its store and built its new mega facility several miles down the road which put another small grocery mart which had been serving the area for many decades out of business. My precious Noah was ever so glad to see me when I got home, and by the time I got home the humidity was at sauna levels. It feels good to have groceries put away and finally settled back in for the day. My precious Noah is cuddled next to me taking a nap with a big grin on his face as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Stormy greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hear you on the fans; I need to get some more now that I'm working. I have a decent "table" fan that I use on the floor, but still need a box fan. Sorry to hear Kroger has you monopolized. I'm so glad I have a Save a Lot in my neighborhood. I'm glad Noah was so happy to see his mom when you got in.

Travels home were about 10 minutes late. The sky was threatening to open up as I was walking up, so I wanted to get food out under the dumpster lids as quick as I could. I saw the Siamese mix coming toward there when I brought the food out, but then a black and white one was making a beeline from the other way. I thought they were going to fight, but they met in the middle and "kissed" before moving on. I was going to try to get another portion out for the other cat, but then the sky really did open up. I tried.

Theresa and Tang both met me in the hall (as they are wont to do when I'm late) giving me the "treatment" Both are well and settling in. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sultry cloudy sometimes sunny Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Ah yes, the "where have you been, daddy - - you should have been home before now - - we are sooooooo glad you're home!!!" greeting. Anyone who has been / is privileged to have precious companions in their homes knows that our companions DO have emotions and are very straightforward in sharing them with us.

I'm glad you were able to get some food out for the homeless waifs. How sweet that the Siamese mix and Tux kitties kissed when they met for dinner - - perhaps the feline version of "Lady and the Tramp"? Perhaps you are their "maitre d"? How wonderful you are, and LoveMyMickey and others, in being able to help these precious lives know the loving care of a human.

Not much happening here on the homefront today. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my insurance agent to go over the homeowner policy before it renews since it's been a couple of years since we've done that, and also to talk about health insurance policy options for me come the next open season. She is licensed to issue health policies under the new ACA laws, and we have already established a "base" of information through e-mails on this matter. So we'll see what happens. In any event I will need to change insurance providers as I'm not going to go clear across the region for medical care when I need it which is what I would have to do if I were to stay with my current provider.

Today is about half way over for you at work, and tomorrow you will be able to focus on getting your chores done and spending time with your precious companions. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you and furbabies are doing well and had a good day. I still can't get around too well, don't like to sit very long at the computer either. Hubby keeps the little waifs well fed and also the birds.
One early morning he scared something that ran out of the shelter, it let out a terrified yell, but did stop to get a drink of water after he came back inside. It was a cat, maybe a different one. Smokey is still faithful
about coming around as well as some others. I order 3 14lb. bags of dry cat food each month, plus some can food. Mostly Smokey gets the can food unless the others are around at the time.

Tracy, I'm happy for you, seems like your job is working out well for you. I wish for you the best of everything. And I hope you and Lt. Tang and Princess Theresa stay well. Have a pleasant and cozy evening.
Give the furbabies a special pet for me. I always think of our angels Sir Tom and Mickey......TTFN

LMM

Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Hot and Humid greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. Wishing you the best of luck with your insurance issues tomorrow. Does the agent come there, or do you have to go to her? I hope it all goes well.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 2 kitties know each other from their reaction. It's nice to see them "teaming up" to get by rather than fight over every scrap; but that's why I try to be generous. I know it's only the cheaper generic food (I could not afford premiums with how much I put out) but I figure it's better than nothing or picking through the garbage (which, sadly, I have seen them do)

Work was about a usual Wednesday volume wise, but people sure were mean and ugly today for not having to wait in the queue blink.gif Two sup calls that I could not talk them down! And with my experience, I'm usually pretty good at that. I guess the leads/sups know that too because they never question me on it. I spoke with my sup yesterday about the ihelp thing and she said she highly recommended me and there should be some testing later. She said it's probably in line with the pre-employment one they give, and apparently I aced that. More to come later.

Travels home were good - Tang at the door, Theresa in the bed almost jumping into my arms for "daddy hugs" wub.gif Although I may have to mend that shirt now huh.gif Both are settling in as I write. Thank goodness for a day off tomorrow. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. tTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
Hi LMM.

So sorry to hear you are still having trouble with mobility, and hope you feel better soon. Sounds like hubby gave some poor waif a scare. But at least he stayed long enough for a drink of water. I'm glad to hear Smokey is still coming around for food. Any other newbies?

Thank you for the well wishes on the job. While not perfect, it's certainly much better than anything else I've dealt with over the past 4 years. Lt. Tang and Princess Theresa are well, and I will let them know you send your love. I hope you, hubby, and the waifs have a blessed and peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, hot humid Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad to share your news that your supervisor has submitted you to be considered for the ihelp department, and hope this comes through for you. Will look forward to sharing your news as more information becomes available.

My agent's office is in the same general area as the Kroger, so going to her office is not a problem. We reviewed the homeowner policy with the propane powered emergency generator and still having a wood stove. She said there were no problems with this. So this is good news. I told her about having a new roof installed in May, and she will update the policy to reflect this information.

Then we focused on health insurance options, and she was able to offer me an option for short-term health coverage at policy renewal time until Medicare benefits kick in. The coverage is the same as a regular health policy, but the premiums are significantly lower than going through the Affordable Care Act - - because it is short-term coverage which is not governed by the ACA. She is going to e-mail me premiums for a couple of options so that I can do some budget planning over the next 4 months. So this is very helpful information.

My precious Noah was ever so glad to see me when I got back home, as I was ever so glad to see him. It is very humid outside, so the big door is closed today. The weather forecast keeps saying that the "cold fronts" from the storms coming through the region will reduce the humidity levels, but so far that hasn't happened here yet.

I hope you have been able to get your laundry and errands done by now so that you and your precious companions can enjoy most of this day together, and that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Glad to hear all went well with your insurance meeting. I'm glad you will be getting policies that work for you.

You're preaching to the choir on the ACA. I am all for the concept, but it just doesn't seem to work. My Passport was not accepted by my doctor (and hasn't been for 2 years, nice going kyconnect.com) And I have just spent and hour on the phone and online getting enrolled for my work version that kicks in July 1. Much of that was getting my user ID and password I set up emailed to me since the web site would not let me do it there. I really think they make it so hard so people will get discouraged and not sign up. I figured with there being no co pay and full out of pocket until the 1500.00 deductable is met (and only 80% coverage then), it'd be cheap. WRONG. 41.00 per paycheck! that's 82.00 per month! That's higher than when I had coverage with no deductable and a co pay. Another loophole in the ACA I guess. Oh well, it's not like I can NOT have it.

Travels today were not too bad. I had to go out to Kroger because I needed my hair cut (in the same shopping center) and just missed the sale Great Clips was running by a few days dry.gif I know what you mean about Kroger and why I usually shop at Save a Lot in my own neighborhood. Everything is just so high. And I still ended up forgetting to get any medicine for a little chest cold I've been fighting (sigh)

Theresa and Tang are well, and have been hanging out with me since I got home around 11:30. Soon it will be time to see to their needs and settle in for the evening to get ready to work one more day and then be off again. I so look forward to Saturdays now that I do everything on Thursdays. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny humid T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits, and hope you are not too uncomfortable with the summer cold to deal with.

Insurance policies are written for the benefit of the insurance company - - NOT the customer. The attitude is - - if you don't like the terms, go elsewhere - - BUT you'll find the same terms with other companies. Like you, I agree with the concept of the ACA but NOT with the way our elected officials have implemented it - - which is still leaving the "control" in the hands of the insurance companies instead of the customer. For me going the route of the short-term policy will allow me to keep my current PCP which is helpful at this stage in my life. I'm glad you are able to have medical insurance coverage again, my friend, and hope the premium deduction from your salary will NOT cause a financial hardship for you.

This morning I mowed the front yard - - 1.5 hour project with a couple of time outs in the coolness of the garage and a couple of chores involving pulling a couple of ugly weeds from an area around the foundation and chopping back a tree sapling that was regrowing in a place where I don't want it. When I got back inside I noticed I had a voicemail message. My brother called requesting a lunch date today, so I will be meeting him and my sister in law at a small restaurant close by around 1:30 p.m. So when I get back home I probably won't be back on the computer for today. Soon I will need to get my precious Noah his lunch which will be earlier than normal. He is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah, I hope you are both well. Sounds like you had quite a work out in the yard my friend. How nice that your brother invited you to lunch. Enjoy!

I got a voice mail today too (deleted). Three guess from whom, and the first two don't count. The email went straight to my deleted folder (per my filter settings) But the post on here is beyond the pale, don't you think? It's been reported.

The good news on my insurance deductions is it's pretax (the more you make, the more they take) And after 90 days, we are supposed to get a raise if performing well. Plus various commissions and bonuses; I'm hoping it evens out. The only real good thing the policy will give me is I don't have to pay when I go to the doctor's office, I can wait for the bill in the mail. Nice huh? Oh well, once I go and get my meds refilled for a year, hopefully I won't need to go again for anything else.

Work was not too bad for a Friday, and travels home were fairly smooth. I stopped off at the convenient store to get a travel size Day Quil hoping it'll take me to Sunday when I can stop off at the Dollar Tree on the way home from work. Theresa and Tang are both well and settling in. I'm hoping with my side trip tonight, I can stay in all Caturday.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am soooo glad to share your news that you will be given a raise and bonuses at the end of your 90-day probation - - which should be the end of July, right? I hope whatever you may be charged for an MD visit will only be a co-pay and NOT the full amount of whatever the doctor charges. I hope the DayQuil will help you with your summer cold symptoms, and that you are being able to rest comfortably at night.

My nephew Matthew has been visiting and yesterday was "my turn" to share some time with him, and his parents, at lunch. It is always a joy to see him - - he is a delightful young man. He came home for his counsin's wedding last weekend, and will be returning to Idaho on Monday, so he probably won't be back home until the Christmas holidays. The "bad news" during the lunch is that my sister in law announced that she and my brother are planning on adopting another feline companion but will need to wait until after the summer to do it since they have a busy social calendar through August. I didn't say anything - - if I had it would have brought friction to the visit with Matthew, and I didn't want anything to interfere with that. And I know if I said anything about this that my thoughts - - however kindly epxressed - - would be severely ridiculed and jeopardize my limited access to seeing Matthew. Still, the thought of them having another feline companion just saddens me so.

It is always a special treat seeing Matthew, but it is always a blessing getting home to my precious Noah. It is nice not having any errands to do today or outside yard chores - - just be able to be close to my precious little boy who is settled next to me keeping me faithful company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and humid Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch with your brother and nephew. I too am concerned about your sister in law's comments about getting another cat. I'm sorry, I just can't say feline companion in her regard because that's not what they are to her. I'm glad a waif will be spared death (assuming they go to the shelter and not a breeder) but weep for his or her impending lack of love and attention. I can see though why you didn't want to say anything during lunch. But I think it's vile that having done so would have jeopardized your contact with your nephew. You have patience I don't think I could have had in a similar situation my friend.

Today I woke up coughing a a little before 7, and gave Tang his insulin. I knew just one more dose of Day Quil wasn't going to make it for me, so I went down to the Thornton's on the other side of the 5 Star where I got that. They had a 24 pack of generic Tylanol severe cold and flue for 5.99; more than I would normally pay, but much less than I was expecting. This has an expectorant, so at least my coughs are more productive.

This has had me sleeping most of the day, which I probably need. Theresa and Tang are well and have been good company while I try to feel better. The temps weren't too bad when I got back from getting the cold medicine, so I let them out on the balcony for a bit. It's nice to know I can do that again without worrying about the psycho downstairs. Not much else going on.

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.