Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Overcast, but almost spring like temp greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

Yeah, I can certainly see the wheels turning in Tang's head when he's on the balcony happy.gif My little ninja man. He and Theresa are both doing well. I spent the better part of the day trying to get that stupid "This copy of Windows is not genuine" box off my screen - deleted updates, turned off updates, and did the rearm in the command prompt. Nada, it's still there mad.gif

So, subsequently, I didn't see the email from Brooksource until just a little while ago. Fortunately, he also called. It's for a company that does tax refund work (like Republic) internal desktop support 4-5 month contract with a slim possibility of hire. He's getting my resume in front of the manager and we will have to wait and see. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers on that.

Sorry to hear about your garage door SNAFU. I hope you can get it fixed for a reasonable amount. Not much else happening here. I hope today was kind to you and your precious Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, now cloudy warmer Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm so sorry you are having "technical challenges" with the copy of W7. I hope you will be able to get things resolved, and hope this glitch doesn't interfere with your being able to access your programs, e-mails, etc.. Please let me know how things go.

Although it isn't ideal because of the current slim possibility for permanent employment, I hope you will be able to get the tax refund work (like Republic) internal desktop support 4-5 month contract. This will at least give you some work up to the coming spring, and knowing that it is temporary will give you an opportunity to continue looking for more permanent employment while you're earning a paycheck. But of course the job depends on transportation accessibility, and only you can decide what is best for you. Please know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to obtain decent employment soon, and please let us know how things go.

My contractor will be here tomorrow morning to take a look at the weather stripping at the bottom of the garage door. He may be able to fix that section somehow, but if not I'm already planning on needing the entire weather stripping replaced. I'll let you know how things go.

I spoke with Noah's doctor, Dr. Neel, on Monday as to how he is doing, and she approved adding an additional 1/4 can serving to his daily meals. He had been on 1/2 a can twice a day - - which is 1/3 cup serving each meal - - and he has been a very hungry kitty during the afternoon - - it is a long time from breakfast at 6 a.m. and dinner at 6 p.m.. So now I can give him a 1/8 cup serving mid-day to help keep the hungries at bay until dinner. This afternoon I began him on this additional serving, and he was VERY EXCITED!!

Not much else happening around the homestead today. My precious little boy is contentedly taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Unseasonably warm greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear he is doing well and that you can now increase his daily food allotment. I'm sure he is very happy about that. Poor hungry man. I do hope your contractor can get your garage door fixed with a minimum of fuss.

I got a call from Brooksource this morning. The job is just down the road from TWC and it's 8-5 M-F with possible occasional 1/2 days on Saturday (but he says they may work with me on that) So, it's doable on transportation, just more expensive (sigh) To sweeten the pot, he got me approved for .50 more per hour. He also said yesterday that when it's over and if they don't hire me, he felt confident I could be placed in another assignment. AND, if I complete the assignment, perhaps a bonus. So, I'm just waiting to hear back about the so called 20 minute "informal" interview. I'm hoping, under the circumstances, it won't be too bad.

I can use my computer just fine. I just get that annoying pop up that kills my wallpaper and sometime interferes with my screensaver. As I said, annoying dry.gif

Theresa and Tang are well and have enjoyed occasional balcony time due to the warmer temps. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy pleasant Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits. I had a bit of a problem getting into the L S website, so I'm hoping my post will load properly.

I hope this job through Brooksource will work out for you, even though it is temporary. I'm sorry the transportation will be a challenge, but if it does go through for you it will be "a job" until you are able to find more suitable employment with easier transportation. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

I'm glad the technology glitch is not interfering with you being able to use your computer. Those pop up windows are aggravating for sure.

The contractor was here this morning to look at the weather stripping on the bottom of the garage door. He will try to salvage the stripping first but if it can't be put back into place then a new weather stripping will need to be installed. He will try to have a work crew here tomorrow - - weather permitting. After the contractor left I went into town to pick up two cases of Noah's food from the vet's office, and took the syringes and insulin with me for the veterinary staff to use as appropriate. My precious Noah is doing well - - he is snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you. In a little bit I will need to make a trek to the mailbox.

So this is how things are here. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy and chilly greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm so glad to hear he's continuing to do well.

I hope your contractor will be able to fix your garage door with the lowest cost to you. I too braved my way out into the world in the pouring rain. I desperately needed some antacid and didn't want to pay 1.50 for 10 at the convenience store when I could get 60 at the Dollar Tree. I picked up more soy milk there as I picked up more cans of "cream of" soups (and a few other dry goods) at Save a Lot; they have a good variety for .50 a can. I figured stock up for the winter storm that's supposed to come around tonight and tomorrow.

While I was out the guy from Brooksource called. I called him back and the client liked my resume (hat tip you you, thanks) Now he's just trying to get an interview and (hopefully) a start date. Yeah, I hate paying the extra bus fare, but I figure I'll be pulling in about 110.00 (give or take after taxes) per week more than UE. So, that's got to help. Wish me luck.

Theresa and Tang are doing well. No balcony time due to the weather, but I had the sliding door open briefly to let them get some fresh air. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly, and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, previously rainy, warm Friday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits, and prepared for the icy whatever heading its way eastward.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this job will work out for you, my friend. I wish the transportation were easier for you both logistically and financially, but still it is a route and a cost you are familiar with and know if it is doable. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

Not much going on here today. Noah and I have had our lunch, and he is upstairs at the moment enjoying some quiet private time. He is doing even better now that he can have something on his tummy mid-day. Tomorrow I will be visiting with my brother and sister-in-law in Bedford, so I may not be able log in here tomorrow. This is our "Thanksgiving" visit before our Christmas visit in 2.5 weeks. My nephew Matthew will home for Christmas, so it will be good to see him.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and snowy (about an inch or 2 on the ground now) greetings to you and your precious Noah. Glad to hear he is still doing well with a full tummy happy.gif

I emailed the rep about the job, and he responded promptly that they do still want to see me but are trying to work out the logistics. The winter storm has one of the managers out today. I do hope it improves by the time it's time to go for the interview. Looking at the snow coming down, I'm glad now I went out for the extra provisions yesterday; I imagine the grocery stores look like Wal-Mart on Black Friday blink.gif

Theresa and Tang are doing well, taking a snow day snooze. Tang on the easy chair and Theresa in a cardboard box I put a fleece blanket in. There is also one in front of a small space heater she enjoys too.

Have a good time with your relatives tomorrow, I hope Noah does not miss you too much. I hope today has been kind to you both and that you have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Got weather???? blink.gif We have had a little bit of everything and I think it is still snowing. I'm glad I got extra cat food last time because I'm not going anywhere for awhile. I always keep our cabinets supplied with extra canned food in the winter. Sometimes I have to get creative with the meals. The kitties are still coming around to eat, I saw Smokey this evening before dark. I don't know where he went. I don't know if they ever use the little shelter or not.

Sometimes we think things couldn't get any worse, it does. I got a letter this week calling me to jury duty. We have lived in this county since 1970 and this is the first time. It would be a hardship for me and that is what I'm going to mark on the return letter. They built a new judicial center downtown and they are moving from the temporary one this week.

I'm glad the furbabies are doing well and give them a special pat for me. Stay out of this bad weather and keep warm......TTFN...

God Bless..

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey.

BRRRR is right. And it doesn't bode well. In my experience, when we get a winter storm this early, we are in for a harsh winter. Which is what the farmer's almanac predicted anyway dry.gif

Sorry to hear about the letter, and I hope you can get out of it. Glad to hear the kitties are coming by for meals. My hope is that they don't need the shelter, but you are kind to provide it. I thought about that yesterday when I was out trying to feed mine. It was still lightly snowing and the dumpster lids were closed. Being that it was still business hours, I didn't want to get "caught" opening them again. So, I cleared away some of the snow and slid the bowl most of the way under with just a bit sticking out. I hope they figure it out, pour souls. I think I figured out who is throwing the bowls away; the same people that leave cans out in plastic bags. They help homeless people with that, but have a problem with my helping homeless cats?

We are in for the day too. Soup, rice, crackers, canned meat, mac & cheese, etc in the cupboards. I hope today will be kind to you, hubby and the kitties, with special thoughts for Angel Mickey. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Tang, and Theresa. I hope you'll have a safe, warm, relaxing weekend with your fur kids. We broke a record yesterday in Norfolk with 80 degrees! But today it is only in the 40s, rainy and windy. Shelley is napping under the Christmas tree right now and Mindy is relaxing next to me. Miss Mindy was very vocal today as usual on a Saturday. She expressed her happiness of me being home by rolling on her back and giving off her little 'happy' screeches. Shelley and I had a nice cuddle last night. She always looks up at me with those big green eyes so full of love and she seems to be saying "Thank you for giving me a good home".
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Happy Caturday to you, your precious Mindy and Shelley.

It was sunny today, but still very cold. Some of the snow melted and the apartment staff did a good job of salting the stairs and sidewalks. I'm glad to hear your girls are doing well; Theresa and Tang are well too. Theresa has spent most of the day curled up on the fleece blanket in front of the space heater. Tang napped in the old "Tom Chair" the cross way folding one with the thick Indian blanket.

It's time to clean his ear, give him his insulin and take are of the evening round of food and water. I hope today has treated you and the girls kindly and that you all have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Just a quick hi and happy caturday to you and furbabies. Our electricity was out for awhile tthis evening, internet and phone was out longer which just now came back on. More nasty weather tomorrow so they predict....I saw one white cat eating last night and most all the food was still out there this morning. It was too cold even for the bandits.......That's kind of you to feed the little strays. Sometimes it's hard work, but worth it.......We had soup for supper too and ice cream.

Stay warm and give the furbabies a pat for me......Have a blessed Sunday...

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey. Happy Caturday to you, hubby and the neighborhood critters.

Yeah I had to dig out the food from under the dumpster and it was covered with snow. I cleared a new spot an put more out under one of the lids that was already open. I don't blame the waifs for not wanting to give up what ever cover they find to forage for the food we put out though.

I'm sorry to hear your power, etc was out (good old KU) but glad it's back. I may be eating more of that soup and rice, etc than anticipated if UE messes up my payment again on tomorrow's claim. Hopefully I'll have a better paying gig soon for 4-5 months anyway.

My best to you, hubby and the kitties. Stay warm. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, foggy wet somewhat icy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm glad that you have your larder stocked to see you through this messy icy whatever marching east of the Mississippi, and hope you do not lose your power. So far so good here - - it looks right now that the homestead will not be too adversely affected with the weather event, for which I am very thankful. The folks north and west of here, however, will not be so fortunate, and my thoughts and prayers are with them as they contend with the ice and expected prolong power outages.

Yesterday was a decent visit with my brother and sister-in-law. Apparently their feline companion is also a diagnosed diabetic now, and is on both Purina DM and insulin twice a day. Poor Stan - - he looks so miserable and acts like he is misery. He has banished to the enclosed front porch now because he has developed a habit of not using his latrine, - - which I firmly believe is due in part to his health issues (although they argued against that when I mentioned it) - - and due in part, perhaps, to his objection to the lack of empathy from his human caregivers. I am glad they are not planning on having another companion after Stan - - who they really didn't want but "inherited" from their daughter who didn't want him any longer. Very sad situation. As I was leaving they mentioned that they would "get back to me" about whether or not they would be home for Christmas - - meaning whether or not I would be joining them for Christmas - - meaning whether or not I would see Matthew while he is home. Whatever -- my joy is here with my precious Noah.

It was EVER SO GOOD to get back home to my precious boy who was eagerly greeting me at the door - - asking me "where have you been!!??? it's about time you got home!!!" When we finally got settled down for the evening he stretched out on my legs ever so contentedly. It is sooo good to be home with him.

He has had his lunch and is keeping me company as I'm writing to you. My lunch is on the stove warming and will soon be ready.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the job through Brooksource will work out for you, my friend. Please let us know how things go.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cold and sometimes snowy greetings to you and you precious Noah. Glad to hear you didn't lose power. I didn't either, but rarely do because of being on the same grid as the airport.

I'm so saddened to hear about Stan. Your brother and sister-in-law sound like a real piece of work (no offense) A reminder of why I don't even bother with my family. If Stan is having litter box issues it could be that he's in decline; that's how it was with poor Tom sad.gif I'm assuming Stan is older? He could be helped by additional vet care, but I'm guessing they can't bothered. I'm surprised he's even getting special food and insulin. Of course they could just be saying that. Poor boy. Do they even talk to him or spend time with him in his "room"? My prayers are with him.

It snowed kind heavy here a few hours ago even though it wasn't supposed to and covered the lot that was cleared away yesterday. It's kind of cleared again. Whether by shovels are cars coming and going I can't say. When I was doing laundry I discovered the food for the strays was gone, so I put out some more. Unfortunately it put me too close to the luxury car of one of our resident "dealers" (if you know what I mean) and he picked that moment to get the rest of his "merchandise" out of his trunk. He started going off on me about what was I doing by his car. Fortunately I had my cell and made like I was calling the police which backed him off (whew) I'd say better than half the residents are guys like him and the career college students (for whom mommy and daddy pay for everything) that are their customers. I'd complain to the manager but I'm pretty sure she knows all too well about it.

Theresa and Tang are well and are napping in the warm spots they have picked out. Thank you the well wishes on the job search, it's appreciated. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful and cozy evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Tom's Dad, I'm glad your run-in with the neighbor did not turn into something nasty. These guys can be real mean. I'm a bit surprised the police doesn't get involved there. Maybe you should have told that guy you were just putting out cat food so that he doesn't get suspicious about you next time he sees you out there. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you. It's just raining down here, but it looks like they're getting some ice and snow in the Richmond area. Hope you, Tang, and Theresa are staying warm.
Tom's Dad
Hi DannysMom.

Somehow I doubt that kind of "character" would have cared what my reason for being there was. As for the police? They know all about it too. This whole neighborhood is pretty well known for it from what people who have lived around here for many years tell me. I have a feeling our live in cop is here to "enforce" something other than the law.

The weather has been fairly calm after the initial snow earlier. The lot appears fairly clear and I see liquid water (melted) Tomorrow it's supposed to get close to 40, so hopefully more will melt.

My best to you and your girls. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, now sunny melting Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Having lived in similar situations in previous years I agree with you, Tracy, that the owner of the car would not have cared what your explanation would have been for being "at the right place at an inopportune time." You did the best thing in using your cell phone as a "protection" from a highly potentially threatening situation. I'm so very glad it worked out for you.

I'm hoping and praying that you will get a call today from Brooksource, or at the very latest one day this week, giving you a report date to the job. Please let us know how things go.

The contractor crew was here around Noon today to fix the weather stripping on the garage door. It took them about 45 minutes to do the main work. We gave it a "test drive" several times before they started to leave. The door was in the open position as they began to pull away, so I pushed the button for the door to close, and lo and behold - - it popped open again instead of staying closed. As the door was opening the crew was backing up into the driveway to take a look at what the problem was. Apparently a screw had popped out of place, so they removed the screw - - we did a couple more "test drives" and the problem appears to be solved. For how long - - who knows - - but at least for now it's working. The checkbook is a little lighter in funds for the work, but such is life.

When I got home Saturday evening I stopped at the mailbox to get the mail but didn't look at it until this morning. I got a nice card from Dr. Neel thanking me for the information I gave her about the sugar-free Laxatone, and confirmed that it would be adviseable for Noah to have quarterly check ups rather than waiting 6 months for the usual senior wellness checks. Dr. Neel is very good, - - I really do like her.

Lunch is ready so I will close by hoping that today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sometimes sunny and sort of melting greetings to you and your precious Noah. I'm glad to hear he is well. Hopefully adding some vet visits will be most beneficial for your little man.

Glad to hear the garage door is "fixed" and hope it will remain that way. I agree with your assessment about the "neighbor" Only someone who has been in similar circumstances can understand. Taking my cell with me when I go out is a habit I formed from when my downstairs neighbors had those illegal BBQs (outlawed by the FD due to the wood balconies) and feigned taking pics.

I had not heard from Brooksource all day and finally sent an email. The response was pretty much "hurry up and wait" (sigh) Once again my UE payment didn't process from my accepted claim. This time however, I was told it could still be processed as DD, but to check back tomorrow. When I asked about the so called research, she said they would have no way of doing that outside of a local office (huh?) It's amazing what one gets told by a government office depending on whom one speaks with, isn't it?

Theresa and Tang are well and napping comfortably. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Dec 9 2013, 05:17 PM) *
... I agree with your assessment about the "neighbor" Only someone who has been in similar circumstances can understand.

TTT

Wow! Thanks a *lot*, moon_beam and Tom's Dad, for making me feel bad that I live in a nice neighborhood. mad.gif Perhaps you two misunderstood what I was trying to say. Since the guy perceived you as a threat I would have thought that maybe had you said to him "look I'm just feeding the cats out here" he would have relaxed.

The way I've been treated on here by some people does get me upset. I'm trying my best to be nice, and all I get is the cold shoulder. Thanks a lot! See if someone else would have done that much and given hundreds of dollars to help. Not that I'm looking for any pat on the shoulder or anything. At least I DID something to help instead of just talking, so there. And yes, can you tell I'm upset?
Tom's Dad
DannysMom, I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to make you feel bad. That certainly was not my intention. I simply meant that some things are hard to understand unless one has been in that situation. I'm sure there are many other types of situations I would not understand as I have not been in them. But trust me, the less one says to a drug dealer the better. I speak from personal experience having been mugged once by one of their customers.

I do appreciate the assistance. I kept it out of here because it was personal. A wise person once told me that I (and others) sometimes take things too personally and read things into statements that just are not there. I feel like this is one of those times? In any case I'm sorry you took offence, for none was intended.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news that you and your precious companions are safe.

I'm so sorry you haven't heard anything definitive from Brooksource yet. I do hope you will hear something before the week is out - - that being with a report date for work. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going. I am so hoping your UE check is direct deposited this time - - particularly this time of year when things can really get "lost in the mail" - - as I learned many eons of years ago with one of my paychecks. Please let us know how things go.

It has been a busy day working on a grocery / errand list for tomorrow. I am hoping to be able to get the bulk of errands run tomorrow so that there is only one quick errand to do next week. The sun has been shining brightly today but the sunbeams haven't been very warm through the windows today, so Noah has been enjoying laying in front of the space heaters. For now, though, he is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking his afternoon after lunch nap as I'm writing to you.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. Glad to hear he is doing well.

Well, round 2 with UE payments this morning. I spoke to a different woman, whom after digging around found who I spoke with yesterday. It wasn't processed yesterday because she tried to put it through as emergency UE (sigh) and will try again today. There also seems to be a descrepancy on when I'm supposed to do my 6 week review online. The paper I got from the office says 12/19, and the payment office says 12/12. She gave me her name and the direct number to check again tomorrow.

I sent an email on the job this morning and have yet to get a response. I'm starting to think that's going nowhere dry.gif But, as I said, I have not had the best of luck with that particular agency.

Not much else going on. Theresa and Tang are well; napping comfortably. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Dec 9 2013, 06:38 PM) *
DannysMom, I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to make you feel bad. That certainly was not my intention. I simply meant that some things are hard to understand unless one has been in that situation. I'm sure there are many other types of situations I would not understand as I have not been in them. But trust me, the less one says to a drug dealer the better. I speak from personal experience having been mugged once by one of their customers.

I do appreciate the assistance. I kept it out of here because it was personal. A wise person once told me that I (and others) sometimes take things too personally and read things into statements that just are not there. I feel like this is one of those times? In any case I'm sorry you took offence, for none was intended.

Tom's Dad, thanks for the clarification. Maybe I was reading too much into it, however it can be hard to tell how something is meant when the tone of voice and body language is missing. I did feel misunderstood. I was just trying to be helpful and didn't expect to be "shot down" like this. I've just really had it with this forum. It is hard for me to come on here and post and nobody ever cares about what I say plus the fact that moon_beam posts to everyone else but me and makes me feel like I'm such a horrible person over a non-issue. Now THAT is mean. I'm sorry, but it is. Sometimes people may appear to be real nice, but on the inside they are bitter and angry. I want none of that and I refuse to submit to a "control freak". I'm a nice and open person, any of my friends will tell you that. But to be treated like I have been treated is really shabby.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in reasonably good spirits.

I'm sorry you are having challenges with your UE benefits. I do hope the UE office will be able to get this straightened out for you very soon. Please let us know how things go. Just keep your options open for ALL job opportunities, and please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that a good job will come your way quickly. Please let us know how things go.

Today was errand day, and it was a marathoner day. The good news is that I got all the errands run and am now done until I either go to Bedford for Christmas or need to make a quick trip to the post office to mail payments that will need to be mailed before the end of the year. YAHOO!! Noah was very glad when I finally got home, and is now taking his after lunch nap on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny and slightly (above freezing) greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. How is the garage door holding up?

Well, it turns out I had a return to work date that was gumming up the works on my UE. So I had to schlep all the way down to an office (about a 1/2 hour walk to the shopping center where I used to work at Sykes) The lady removed the date and had me go back to the computer room to request my check again. It should be DD, but I don't know when I'll get it (sigh) Probably Monday at the latest. With only about 30.00 in the bank, I think I'll have to write a check over the weekend for provisions (no bank activity even online on weekends and holidays)

No word on the job either. Funny how he was all eager to get me to "accept" the job, from getting me more money to talking a bonus, etc. Now I can't even get him to answer a lousy email. I wish I knew what happened. I am continuing to troll the job boards, post for jobs, and save the emails in my job search folder. I'm really reaching the lowest depths of depression sad.gif

Not much else going on here. Theresa and Tang are both well. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LS Support
hello all, this thread seems to be having some interpersonal conflicts that are not especially related to the mission of this website/forum. please do your best to keep emotions in check. people are simply here to help people and to bond with others who love their babies, the best way to accomplish this is to remain kind and empathic. please let me know if you have questions. let's maintain this as a peaceful refuge from the crazy world out there.

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cold sunny Thursdsay greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry your UE benefits have been messed up. I hope your going to the office yesterday has resolved the problem. And I'm so very sorry you haven't gotten a response from Brooksource. That is frustrating - - putting it mildly. I know this is being very difficult for you, my friend - - particularly at this time of year. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that a good job will come your way very quickly, - - but until then, that your UE benefits will arrive when they should. Please let us know how things go, my friend.

Late yesterday afternoon I went out to try to take down three tall spindly pine trees that were damaged by the ice storm this past Sunday. They were on the outside of the fence line on the garage end of the house close to the roof. They were leaning over the fence toward the roof. I managed to get two of the trees cut with my chain saw, but in the process of cutting the second tree the chain got stuck in the cutting groove which caused the chain to separate from the saw. I tried re-setting the chain - - to no avail - - which irritated me no end. But I did get the two trees down that were leaning toward the roof. The third tree is leaning more toward the open yard. I will try to re-set the chain in the next few days, but if all else fails I will take it someplace and have it professionally re-set.

The garage door is back to popping open, so I called a garage door specialist today who arrived within 30 minutes. The crew re-inforced the work my nifty jiffy contractor crew did on Monday, and re-set the sensitivity on the door when it is in the closed position so that it doesn't pop back open like it is sensing an obstruction. They confirmed that the only permanent fix is to replace the weather stripping on the bottom of the door. They measured the length of the door which is 16 feet and the owner of the business is supposed to call me with the cost of doing this. The door is 18 years old - - so I guess it's time for it to have some maintenance.

Noah is doing well. The sunbeams have been shining bright and cheery today but not so warm because of the cold temps. Still it's nice to see the sunbeams. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but very cold greetings to you and your precious Noah. Glad to hear he is doing well.

I'm sorry that your chainsaw gave out trying to clear the trees; but at least you got the ones that posed a danger to the house. I'm sure that's a load off for you and Noah. Sorry to hear about your garage door acting up again too. I hope you can get it fixed with a minimum of fuss and expense.

The visit to the local UE office seems to have done the trick. The VRU (phone) system confirmed the payment was released overnight. Now it's just a question of when I get it. I'm not sure if there is ACH post activity Friday night if it will post say Saturday or not. I'll probably have to go with my other plan from my last post (sigh) Oh, and I was able to do my 6 week review online with no problems.

I did finally get an email back from Brooksource. I have an interview next Tuesday at 3:00 PM. This, of course, does not work well with the express schedule, so the rep has offered to pick me up and drop me off at the bus stop of the Middletown bus I'll have to take, which is nice of him. He did apologize for not getting back to me yesterday; said he'd been out of the office all day. But given I've had responses from his iphone, yeah well. Best not to dwell though.

Theresa and Tang are well. She is curled up on a fleece blanket in front of the small low yield space heater, while Tang is in the "dad" chair happy.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Brrrr!!! Will this cold weather ever leave? Maybe we will have an early Spring. The kitties still come by to eat and I saw two bandits last night. I really need to go to Kroger tomorrow. I'm almost afraid to go out, it being Friday the 13th, according to the way this week has been going. I get one thing settled and another problem pops up. My credit card co. left a message on the answering machine this morning saying to call them back, it was important about my account. So after I figured out that wasn't a scam, I checked my email and I knew it was legit. I called the fraud no. and the guy said somebody tried to put a little over 2500.00 on my card, bought something at Sears in Seattle Washington, late last night. How that happened, I will probably never know. So I will get a new card in a few days. They also notified the 3 ID Theft companies.

Good Luck on your interview next week. My thoughts and prayers are always with you for everything to turn out well.....I'm glad Sgt. Tang and Princess Theresa are doing well. I hope you and furbabies have a warm and cozy evening......God Bless...TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey.

It's supposed to warm up over he next few days and maybe bring some rain to (hopefully) wash away the snow. Whether or not my UE DD goes through tonight, I'll still have to venture out tomorrow for some "must haves" (like insulin syringes) and wait until Saturday to write a check for the remaining provisions.

Sorry to hear about your credit card blink.gif but glad to hear it was caught in time to avoid any real damage. I'm glad to hear the kitties come around for food still. Mine are too, I just don't get to see them often. That's one of the things I'll have to put on the write a check for list; generic cat food.

Thanks for the well wishes on the job. My best to you, hubby, the kitties, and last but not least Angel Mickey. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny, cold Friday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Adding my congratulations to LoveMyMickey's on your job interview next week. I'm so glad your contact at Brooksource is offering to help you with transportation for the interview. I hope it will go well for you so that you can indeed give the UE office an accurate start date. Please let us know how things go. And speaking of the UE office, I hope your benefits will be direct deposited to your account. I know this will take some concern off your mind.

Hope you were able to get your errands done without any problems, my friend. How is your grocery cart doing these days with the repairs?

Today has been a quiet one here getting caught up on some e-mails. This weekend will begin the process of reconciling the checkbook with the monthly bank statement - - oh fun - - in preparation for the upcoming bill-a-thon for January's payments. Life in the fast lane. Tomorrow we may have another icy weather event but it is currently forecasted to not be too severe in this area. If the long-term forecast holds true, we may have a "tropical heatwave" this time next week with temps in the upper 40's, maybe even 50 degrees.

Thank you for your support on my chain saw snafu as well. And before I forget (again) to mention it - - thank you for your support about Stan. It is a sad situation for him, indeed, and I thank you for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

My precious Noah is doing well. He is on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed taking his afternoon repose as I'm writing to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly,my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon beam. Partly sunny and warmer (low 40s) greetings to you and you precious Noah. Glad to hear he is well.

Yeah, I really feel so bad for poor Stan. Being treated like they are just waiting for him to die. Unless they have hearts of stone, they will be sorry when he's gone sad.gif I've asked Sir Thomas to send him some spirit support.

UE payment not in my account today either; perhaps tomorrow. If not, I may be able to squeak by until Monday. I'll decide in the morning. The errands for today were not bad. I walked the whole way up and back, trying to save money. I hit the Walgreens to get a 10 pack bag of insulin syringes. 3.00 plus tax (they went up a 1.00) It's cheaper by the box, but I only have so much to work with and that will get me to when my payment posts. Then I hit the Dollar Tree for a few items and then home. Just one big loop.

Thanks for the well wishes on the interview, I'll let you know how it goes. Theresa and Tang are both well and have each had some cuddle time with me at some point today. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most blissful evening. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy chilly dreary Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you were able to get your errands done yesterday, and hope you and your precious fur tribe are being able to cuddle in today from the wet, snowy, icy weather moving through the region.

Thank you for asking your beloved Sir Thomas to keep a loving eye on Stan. And no - - my family members do not mourn the loss of their "animals" - - it isn't a loss to them.

Got the security scan done on the big desk top today, and have printed off the bank statement so that I can work on balancing the checkbook. Noah is snuggled next to me wrapped in a soft wool throw taking a nap as I'm writing to you. The old Rawhide show is on MeTV, - - it's a hoot seeing the actors in the roles that led them to becoming "stars."

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Rainy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah. Hope you are both well.

Poor Stan. I'm guessing from what you tell me they don't even try to socialize with him; what a lonely existence sad.gif Makes me wonder why they keep him at all. We are praying for him (all of us, here on earth and at the bridge)

UE payment hit last night, this morning. But it also came with a service charge of 15.00 for DD. Apparently on 12/09 they discontinued "free" checking. I called and was able to change to standard checking which only requires 500.00 per month DD for no fees, as opposed to the 2000.00 my current account type had. And the 15.00 was waived. I guess that will teach me to pay more attention to notifications on the web site ohmy.gif

I went ahead and braved the rain this morning to go to Walgreens for a whole box of insulin syringes since it's a fair distance between there and Save a Lot. That can wait until Monday. I picked up a couple items to get through the weekend while there.

Glad to hear your financials are on track. I knew Clint Eastwood got his start on Rawhide, but who else? Not much happening here. Theresa and Tang are well. This morning when I got back from running, they were playing "chase me" and it did NOT deteriorate into a fight! It was a joy to watch wub.gif

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
DannysMom
Hello Tom's Dad, and happy Caturday to you, Tang and Theresa. That was nice of your bank to waive the $15 fee after all. Hope Tang and Theresa are getting along and enjoying their weekend with you. Mindy and Shelley had a little spat earlier this week. Mindy was feeling rather frisky and jumped Shelley and wrestled her. Poor Shelley let out a shriek and ran off.
Tom's Dad
Hello DannysMom. Happy Caturday to you, Mindy and Shelley as well.

I hear you on the girls play turning to a spat. Happens all the time with Theresa and Tang. That's why it was so nice to see them play without it turning into that wub.gif

I hope today has been kind to you and the girls and that you all have a most wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits, and enjoying this day together. I hope your laundry time went smoothly with all machines working properly.

I'm glad your UE check was direct deposited to your account - - that takes a concern off your mind. And like DannysMom, I am very glad you were able to get the $15 service fee waived. Honestly, banks can find all kinds of ways to get money out of customers - - when the banks were set up to protect the money of the depositors - - not fee us to bankruptcy. Banks / financial institutions, utilities, airline industry, etc., were all decentralized in the 1970's under the disguise of providing competition for services which were supposed to lower costs to customers, etc.. All that has happened are more fees being imposed costing customers MORE money for minimal services.

So glad you were able to get little Tang's insulin syringes at Walgreen's yesterday, and am so smiling at how well your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. This is a credit to your loving care, my friend.

Not much happening at the homestead here today. Noah is snuggled next to me under a warm soft wool throw taking his after lunch nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. Hope you are both well.

Yes, well when the banks (and stock market) were restructured after the 1929 crash, a lot of other good regulations came about in order to prevent it from happening again. When, as you said, in 70s and more so in the 80s deregulation kicked in, look what happened. Ah well, a topic for another time and place.

I saw 2 things at Walgreens that I'm not sure if I found funny, or just troubling: A whole end cap of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story, and another of the most gigantic boxes of Twinkies and Ding Dongs I have ever seen, for like 20.00. Somehow I get the feeling whom ever bought one bought the other rolleyes.gif I also ended up having to get a shoppers card just to get the advertised price on some cat treats. Ah greed and consumerism - the backbone of the holiday season.

Laundry went OK I guess. There were 2 dryers with loads long done; the owner showed up later to run them through another cycle. Seemed like a waste to me. The "candy-man" made an appearance as I was coming back with my hanging clothes (just as was thinking/hoping last week was a one off as I hadn't seen the car all last week) I waited a good 1/2 hour and looked both ways before distributing the morning food for the strays. Also Theresa and Tang were playing and not fighting, again happy.gif They both are doing well. Tang's ear is doing so well, I only clean it once a day and use only one Q-Tip - where I used to use 5-6 twice a day. Much improved and continuing. It shows in his overall disposition.

I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Cold Sunday evening greetings to you and furbabies. I made it to Krogers Friday, I'll have to go back again this week. I bought a can of Friskies to give Smokey and Tabby1 as a treat. Smokey showed up right away when I got home and I gave him a half can. Tabby showed up later, sat down close to the dry food and "meow, meow, meow, meow, I can smell that good stuff." So I gave him the other half........I haven't seen Smokey today, but Bobtail and Tabby1 came by at different times to eat.

I'm glad Sgt. Tang and Princess Theresa are doing well, especially Tang's ear. I know he feels better.....Tracy, I hope you have a good week and it brings you all good things. Again I'm sending you extra good energy for your interview Tuesday.....
Have a warm and cozy evening with your furbabies.

I'm always thinking of Angel Sir Tom too.....God Bless...........TTFN

LMM
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey. Cold and cloudy greetings to you, hubby, and the kitties.

Glad to hear they are still coming around for the food you kindly provide. I went out to give mine some evening food and the plastic container I had just put out this morning was gone mad.gif I would ask these people: What harm is being done to you by my putting out food for these poor waifs? People. Got no use for them for the most part (the exceptions being the people on here) Chuckling at Smokey smelling "the good stuff" It sows he's comfortable enough around you to "ask" That's a good thing wub.gif

Thanks for the good luck wishes on the job temp as it may be. At least I'll pull in 100.00 plus per week over UE for a few months or so if I get it. As always, thanks for the ongoing concern for my fur kids. I hope today was kind to you all and that you have a most blissfull evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, was sunny now a bit cloudy chilly breezy Monday greeetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Like LoveMyMickey I, too, am thrilled that your precious Tang is doing so very well since his last ear operation. I know this brings great joy to you, my friend.

Glad you were able to get your supplies at Walgreen's, and hope the shopping card you had to get did not cost you anything extra. And glad you were able to avoid the "candy man" when you put out food for the homeless waifs.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your interview, and transportation, will go splendidly tomorrow, and look forward to knowing how things go for you.

I have noticed that a large tree in the woods has toppled into two trees inside the fence line close to where the propane tank is located. I called my nifty jiffy contractor this morning and he and his crew were here around 1:30 to inspect the situation and come up with a plan to remove the toppled tree so that it doesn't topple the two trees supporting it into the house. They will be here tomorrow morning to do the job. There is always something going on with a house.

Have been working on balancing the checkbook today - - I keep getting a figure that says the balance should be $35 more than what it actually is. I have gone back through the checkbook scrutinizing every entry but for the life of me cannot figure out where that extra $35 is coming from - - and this is since last month's statement when everything figured out fine. The good news is that the $35 is in my favor - - but I won't add it in yet. I'll wait until next month - - if I'm still $35 "off" in my balance then I'll know I need to make the adjustment.

Otherwise life is just perking right along for a Monday. Noah is on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Sunny but cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. Hope you are both well.

Sorry to hear about the trees. I hope the contractors can take care of it with minimal fuss. I can imagine how the 35.00 discrepancy is frustrating as you keep a very close eye on your account (better than me anyway) I hope you get the 35.00 to your favor. The card at Walgreens didn't cost anything, it's just one of those with a bar code they scan for in store bargains. That and sell your info to advertisers dry.gif One more thing to put on my key chain.

Thank you and LoveMyMickey on the well wishes for the interview and Sgt. Tang's ear. Both he and Miss Theresa are well and played more games this morning with no fighting biggrin.gif Lord knows I have begged them for this for so long. It's nice to know it may actually finally be sinking in.

Today I did some errands since one of my library books was due. Normally I'd just do an extension even though I'm done with it, but I had none because another hold request was on it. Probably because it's the latest in a new Star Trek relaunch series. I have the next one on hold myself as soon as whoever has it has their due date. I hit Save a Lot for the remainder of the provisions I didn't get while waiting for the UE to post. Now that that the return to FT work date is gone it should be smooth sailing. I was advised that if my next job is temp (as it likely will be) Don't put a return date, just report the wages to keep the claim current.

Not much else going on. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your interview will go okay this afternoon, along with your transportation.

It has been a busy day here with the contractor crew working on the fallen tree. Before they left they took down the remaining scraggly tree that was bent over the fence, and helped me re-set the chain on my chain saw. A corner of the top rail of the fence where the major work was done did suffer some mild damage when a part of the tree fell on it as they were taking it down. I totally expected this to happen - - just because of the way the tree was snarled on the other two trees. The good news is that neither of the men on the crew were hurt, and that is the most important thing. They will return in the next couple of days to repair the top rail at no cost to me.

Still can't find the source of the $35 "bonus" what the calculator is saying I should have and what is actually in the checkbook. If the "bonus" continues with next month's reconciliation then I will make the addition to my checkbook and just be grateful for the blessing. Got the filing of receipts up to date, and fixed my 2014 financial log book. Got my e-Christmas cards done for family and will send them an e-mail note in the next few days.

My little Noah has been a bit upset today with all the goings on - - but has now settled down onto his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window next to the bed for his afternoon nap. I'm glad to see him settled down peacefully now. At some point I may join him in a little nap because I'm tired from all the activity, too. Later on will need to make a trek to the mailbox.

Once again, my friend, I do hope all will go well with your interview, and I'm so glad you will be able to keep your UE account open should you get the job by reporting your wages so that you don't have to endure a major hassle getting your benefits re-instated when the job assignment ends. Sure wish someone had told you that a long time ago - - it could have saved you a lot of frustration.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas. And I look forward to knowing how things are going for you today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hello moon_beam. Chilly greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well.

Sorry to hear your railing was damaged by the tree removal, but it's good the contractors were not hurt and will return to repair it at no cost to you. I hope that 35.00 "bonus" stays in that category for you too. Sorry to hear Noah was stressed by the goings on, but glad he is settled back in again. Tang got like that when they maintenance man came to check on my shower after I signed the new lease yesterday.

The interview went well I think. It was with two guys, one from CS and the other IT. It lasted about 15-20 minutes and they didn't ask any of the "difficult" questions we all dread; it was pretty laid back. As to whether that means I got the job or not, I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow unsure.gif That's when they said they'd get back to the agency. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers on it by the way.

Even with the transportation assist, I still only got home about 25 minutes ago and left here at about 11:30 (I wanted make sure there were no problmes if one or both buses were late) That's the longest I've been gone since the AIG fiasco. Theresa is all like "Meh, turn on the heater daddy" After which she proceeded to "climb into it" rolleyes.gif Tang has fussed at me though, bless his little heart. Getting ready to take care of the evening chores. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a very peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny chilly Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad your interview went well yesterday, and hope the results will be positive in your favor. I'm sorry your travels were long and I imagine exhausting. It is not surprising your precious Theresa and little Tang were anxious to have daddy home. I hope you and your precious companions were able to settle down and enjoy one another for the evening. Please let us know what you hear regarding the job, my friend.

Today has been a quiet one here - - a welcome change from yesterday's activities. If the weather report holds true for tomorrow and Friday I just may be able to get some leaf raking time done in the back yard. Noah appears to be more settled today, and is enjoying his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion in front of the window.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Hi moon_beam. Sunny and cool greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope you are both well. I hope you are able to take advantage of fairer weather in order to see to your outside projects.

I got the call this morning around 9:00 from Brooksource that I got the job smile.gif I did the background check online this morning and have just come in from downtown after completing the drug screen. He wanted me to hustle on both as they want me to start the day after Christmas. The first 2 weeks will just be 2-3 days each due to the holidays. So, I guess I'll still get a partial UE for that time and a full one I can claim Sunday. I got lucky on the drug screen as I got there at 3:10 and the lady said they stop at 3:00 (even though he sign said 4:00) but they did it anyway; only took about 15 minutes which is a record for me.

Theresa and Tang were excited to see me even though I was only gone 2 1/2 hours. Right now they are romping to and fro like a couple of hyper kids laugh.gif Not much else going on here. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and support. I hope today was kind to you and Noah and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy! Just stopping by to say: on getting the job!
Tom's Dad
Thanks LoveMyMickey wub.gif

Hope you, hubby, and the kitties are well.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, very pleasant sunny Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

And I know you must be in very good spirits - - adding my very best congratulations to LoveMyMickey's on your new job. Indeed - - a very Merry Christmas present!! I am sooooo happy for you, my friend, and I know you must be sooo excited!!

Glad you were able to get your drug test and background check completed. I hope your transportation schedules will work out okay for you. Please let us know how things go for you, my friend.

Today is a beautiful outside so I worked outside for a couple of hours raking leaves. Got the path cleared from the garage end of the house down to the basement big double doors. Got 5 bags raked - - only have one more left in the box, so - - sadly - - I won't be able to work outside tomorrow as I won't be able to get anything accomplished with just one bag. I have to get another box of bags before I can resume the clean up. The weather is supposed to turn cold next week - - sigh.

Noah is doing well. He has had his lunch and is snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.