Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Being that I work for one such provider, who just got gobbled up by giant Time Warner, I totally understand. That would be a benefit of being hired; having to pay next to nothing for said services.

Yesterday's travels home didn't start out so well. The rain stopped, which was good, but the first bus was 10 minutes late. The driver moved with urgency though. The second bus, however, was right on time. Only the second time I can recall that it ever has been. Only 3 more of those to go. Laundry also went off without a hitch. Nobody in there and no loads left behind.

The rest of the day has been pretty lazy. I have been having trouble getting good naps lately though. Not sure what's up with that. Anyway, I hope you and Noah had a great day and and even better evening. TTFN

TTT
Tom's Dad
This morning didn't start out so well. I had to get up to use the restroom 30 minutes before my alarm. I awoke groggy and tired, and it was raining (again) As I'm putting on my shoes, I hear the tell tale sound of someone spitting up. Of course it was Theresa all into the food bowl that I just filled which had to be tossed. So, I went off hollering and they both scattered. I softened before leaving making sure I told them both how much I love them. But I just hate leaving on that kind of note. You just never know when that may be the last time you see them. It's put a cloud over the whole day sad.gif
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry that your precious Theresa had an upset tummy this morning. You know she really has no control over the timing and place when her tummy upsets happen. The important thing is that before you left you let your precious companions know that you love them. And I know you will give your precious little girl some extra lovin' when you get home.

Not much going on here today - - Noah is enjoying a nap on his lamb's wool cushion and the lunch dishes are done. Have been checking on a few things on the internet today and getting caught up on some e-mails.

In about an hour you will be gathering your things together to begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I know she does not do it on purpose. If only she could just move a few inches away. I feel bad enough that I can't afford the RX food right now, but the IAMS senior plus isn't cheap either (sigh) But she does not undertsnad that either. I guess I'm really mad at myself for being such a loser that I can't afford mishaps like this. I will, of course give her some extra attention tonight. She and Tang are, after all, all I really have in the way of a family. I need to try to keep that in mind. Lord knows I tell them that enough when I break up their spats. Heading out that way now. I hope you and Noah have a great evening my friend. Thanks as always for the support. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Thought I would stop by to let you know I think of you, little Theresa, and Tang every day. I'm sorry little Theresa was sick, i hope it isn't anything serious.........I hope you had an uneventful trip home tonight. This weather is nasty, but it could be a lot worse. I saw a few snowflakes this afternoon.

Nothing new about the animals, if Blackie comes around, we never see him. The Tuxedo still eats the dry food, eats a little at a time all day long. The Tuxedo looks gray and white at times and black and white at times. I thought it was the different lighting, but there could be 2 of them. The solid white still comes around. They're all easily scared off.

Tracy, I hope little Theresa gets better. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Like I said, I know she does not do it on purpose. But I just wish she'd move away from the food bowl. She was doing better last night and I gave her extra daddy hugs.

Glad to hear the neighborhood kitties are still taking advantage of Chez Mickey's. We saw a few flurries here yesterday too, but nothing big. I hope you have a great day and thanks as always for checking in. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, good Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad your precious Theresa was doing better last night. I know it was reassuring to you both when you gave her your special daddy hugs. One of the many blessings we have with our precious companions is that they unconditionally accept us with our human imperfections - - they unconditionally love us as well as unconditionally forgive us.

Have been working on financials most of the day - - logging in payments made into the ledger and filing receipts. I am now ready for the upcoming challenge of reconciling the checkbook with the monthly bank statement this coming weekend. Updated the log I give to my tax preparer and prepared the tax log sheets for next year. All I have left to add for tax purposes are a couple of December payments I will be making in a couple of weeks, and that will close out the 2012 records. I am looking forward to getting my final W2 records from my ex-employer which should be by the end of January. Once I get that I will truly be able to put my ex-employer totally behind me.

Noah has been keeping me faithful company all through today's activities. He is now curled up on the foot of the bed taking his after lunch nap as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do, and after awhile will need to make a trip to the mailbox. The mail is not delivered until after 4 p.m. or so, - - so I still have a little while to wait until I make that trek.

In about 90 minutes or so you will begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Theresa did indeed enjoy her hugs and fussing over. I straightened out her fleece blanket on the floor and made sure she I knew I had turned on the old low power space heater for her. I suppose if I was a horrible dad, I would not feel guilty for yelling. Still, as I said, I hate leaving on that kind of note. She and Tang are all I have.

Sounds like you had your hands full with financials. I hope it gets squared away soon. I know you will be glad to have no more ties to the "pit"

Heading out on my journey home. I hope it's quick like last night's. I hope you and Noah had a great day and a peaceful and blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur family had a pleasant evening, and hope today is treating you and your precious fur tribe kindly. Hope if you had any errands to do that you were able to get them accomplished safely and quickly so that you have been able to spend most of the day with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

This morning I had a routine dental appointment. Much to my pleasant surprise my precious little Noah did not cower underneath the bed as I was getting ready to leave. Instead he kept me company as I got dressed and combed my hair letting me know that he would keep the home fires burning until I got back home to him. And he was at the door enthusiastically greeting me when I did return.

The weather has been feeling quite unfriendly today - - like it could do something frozen outside. The hygienst who cleaned my teeth said she was glad for the colder weather. I didn't contradict her, but I know I can share with you that - - for me - - my bones feel a lot better with warmer temperatures, and I am looking forward to warmer weather returning - - quickly.

Nothing else on the agenda today. Noah has had his lunch and is snuggled down on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious fur tribe are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moone_beam

I'm glad that Noah did not cower under the bed and instead kept you company. Might he have though he was going to the vet? I know that's why Tang hides when I prepare to run errands on my day off. But only then. On the mornings I'm just getting ready for work he (and Theresa) keep me company - it's like he can tell the difference from the different times of day.

Glad your dental appointment went OK. Hopefully if, one day, I can get affordable insurance again, I can look into that. I hear you about the cold weather; it makes my ankle implants ache. But, as long as the snow and ice are at a minimum, I can endure. That's another thing my new schedule will help with. Saturdays epic treks were bad enough, but in the winter? No thank you.

Today's errands were quick and painless. I got back to my apartments just before noon. Since it was cold outside I just left my basket ouside, figuring the perishables would keep while I went into the office sign my new lease. That too was quick, if not painless. 30.00 more per month (sigh) The assistant manager is somebody new (again) The manager was there (didn't expect her back until after the 15th per her auto reply email) When I commented on a new AM she simply said "You know me, I'm hard to work with" fairly dripping with sarcasm. Who knows maybe, she trolls this site; it's the only "public" forum I even talk about it in. At least they didn't mention the late rent or the nasty gram I always get in the mail about it. When I go to the bank Friday to get the money order for it and the late fee, I figure I'll have about 23.00 left; not inclidung the Netflix that comes out about that time. But no other recurring paymemts should be due before the next paycheck for which I already have or will have extensions/payment arrangements on my electric and phone, etc. Just never seems to end this juggling act.

Not much else going on. Theresa and Tang are doing OK. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening together. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday. Am glad you were able to get your errands done and your new lease signed. I do know how frustrating it is having to continually juggle finances while trying to absorb new increases on already strained resources. Just keep doing your best with what you have, Tracy - - that's what any of us can do.

I'm so glad you have something to look forward to in terms of your transportation to your current job - - not having to endure the weekend commuter schedule in bad winter weather. Hopefully as time progresses you will have more good things to look forward to with this job - - or perhaps to an even better job opportunity in 2013 should you come across a suitable position in your ongoing job search.

Noah is settled on his lamb's wool cushion for his after lunch nap. I still have the lunch dishes to do and will need to make a trek to the mailbox after 4 p.m.. I'm also doing the security updates on the desk top this afternoon - - which takes awhile now since it is an older computer.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I guess it was productive indeed, if not all together painless. I too hope this new schedule works out for the best, especially in the winter. Three more Saturdays to go, let's hope the weather is halfway decent; supposed to rain this coming though. I hope it's a sign of good things to come. To be honest I have not really been keeping up with the job search. Oh, I peruse the emails, but that's about it. I guess maybe I'm feeling a little depressed lately and just can't make myself do more (sigh) Especially since 2 of the 5 that were in my class have left for better jobs.

Funny you should mention security updates as I had to do that too. My AVG was trying to update and kept failing. So I scrapped it. I rememberd that Insight customers can get access to free McAfee, so I DL that from the insightbb.com website. It seems alot more thorough.

Theresa and Tang are doing OK; they got into a rousing game of "chase me" last night that they seemed to enjoy. Not much else going on other than getting ready to head home to them now. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get the McAfee downloaded and up and running okay - - and that it's free, too - - that always helps.

Got the checkbook reconciled with the bank statement today without any major challenges - - I'm always glad when that is done. The next phase of the "finance-a-thon" will begin next week with the planning for January expenditures.

Nothing else much going on at the moment. Noah is on his bathroom window perch enjoying the sunbeams. Soon it will be time for me to go to the kitchen to get lunch on the stove warming. I know when he hears me working in the kitchen he will know that it will soon be time for some lunch in his bowl, too.

I know you still have awhile yet to go at work before you can begin your travels homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. Still, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

It's good you got your finances in order for another month. I'm sure that's a load off. Always glad to hear Noah is doing well. Has he been "exploring" much, or sticking close to mom?

Been busy at work with people being out trying to get thier vacation time before the end of the year lest they lose it. I wonder what that's like? Had another review and still keeping it at 3 or higher (4 is perfect) My current sup says there is no reason I won't get hired when the budget for the next year rolls around for that. It would be nice to have "regular" job security again.

Got home a little earlier today as the bus that goes back to the garage was late and I was able to come straight home to the babies. They are currently tag teaming the laser toy wink.gif It's good to be home to them. Just 3 more Caturdays of work to go; looking forward to that even if I do have to work the holidays. Beats not getting paid I guess (another benefit of being a regular employee) I hope you and Noah had a great day and a peacful and blessed evening. TTFN.

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Saturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on your latest review at work. It sounds very promising about the potential of your receiving a more permanent position. I know receiving a more permanent position would greatly improve your feelings of employment stability - - and hence financial stability. Please let us know how things go for you.

Noah does go upstairs whenever he wants to but does not stay there for hours like he used prior to his serious illness. He seems to enjoy keeping company with me - - and this is always welcome.

It's a quiet day here so far - - have been getting in some reading this morning - - and cleaning off some useless files from the lap top that I have saved over time. Soon it will be time to start getting lunch on the stove - - Noah is already letting me know that it is getting close to time for something in his bowl.

I hope to day is treating you kindly at work and this afternoon will go quickly. I also hope that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Rainy day here. But at least it waited for me to get into work before it started. Thanks for the encouragement on the job front. I will let you know of any news. Glad Noah can roam again, but it's nice to know he does not stay gone and keeps pretty close to you. I guess his issue was as much of a scare for him as you. More proof, in my opinion, that our companion animals think and feel more that some give them credit for. May you both share many more years on your Earthly journey. Chuckling at his "reminding" you it's time for lunch. I certainly get that from Theresa and Tang about dinner when I get home in the evenings. Tang even ventures a peek in the fridge as if to say "That's where you keep the NOMS, huh?" I've never seen a cat eat with such gusto except for Tom, of course.

Not much going on here. Just waiting for the rest of the work day to tick by so I can start my epic trek home to the babies. Just 2 more to go after this! I hope you and Noah are having a good day and have a peaceful blissful evening. TTFN.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Sunday morning greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope your trek home yesterday was decent. The good news is that you have today home with your precious fur family all day. By now you have your laundry done and are enjoying a lazy cuddly day with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

The radar is showing a considerable amount of moisture that is supposed to come through the region today, and maybe even a little bit of it fall over the homestead here. We really could use some good old fashioned wet rain - - as opposed to an icy form of precipitation this time of year.

Not much going on. Noah is on his bathroom window perch - - no sunbeams yet to warm the spirit.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Been kind of rainy here too. Fortunately I have not had to be outside when it has. Yesterday's second bus was 10 minutes late but the driver tried hard to make up the time. Laundry was done with no interference and managed to have a lazy cuddly day with Theresa and Tang; especially while I was waiting for my clothes to dry, I laid down on the bed and Tang nuzzled and hugged my head with his front paws.

Just two more weeks of split days off, and I will be glad for that. Not much else going on here either. I hope you and Noah had a good day and a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gloomy Monday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and your precious fur family had a peaceful day together yesterday. I share your excitement in only having two more weeks to endure in your current work schedule. It has been a long year for you one filled with many ups and downs and struggles to endure. I hope and pray that 2013 will be a better year for you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. Getting the work schedule that is best for you with your transportation is a beginning.

Have been busy on the computer today - - it seems the time just flies by. Fortunately I have Noah here with me to remind me of the really IMPORTANT things - - like time outs for snuggles and of course when it's time to put some food in the bowl. As I'm writing to you he is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes taking an after lunch nap. Still have some things to work on and the lunch dishes to do, so will get this posted to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work and this afternoon will go quickly. I also hope that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, 2012 has been rough for me indeed. 2010 and 2011 too, for that matter. I hope it gets better and I thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

Chuckling at Noah "reminding" you what time it is. Theresa and Tang do that plenty each evening when I get home. Altough I think they really just want dad's attention. They are both so physically affectionate. Tang especially as if saying "Thank you for saving me" Theresa still does, but I think she has had more time to adjust to the reality that she really does have a forever home.

Thunder storms have been rolling thru here all day (sigh) I hope I can get some dryness for the trip home, for which I'm about to embark. I hope you and Noah had a good day and and even better evening, my friend. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope your trip home was uneventful. The storm didn't get here until late this afternoon and wasn't too bad. We had the most beautiful big rainbow out back. It started behind one of our back fence pine trees and I couldn't see where it ended. The clouds were beautiful too. Maybe the rainbow was a sign from Mickey.

We still have an assortment of pretty cats coming around but haven't seen Blackie recently. All these cats are giving me nightmares. The other night I dreamed I was looking up at a big tree with dark black limbs, no leaves. The very top limb was shaped like a cat sitting straight up. smile.gif

Tracy, I hope you have a pleasant work week and I hope everything works out well for you in the new year. Have a cozy evening with your precious Theresa and Tang and give them a special pat for me....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

We had 2 sets of storms today - both of which were pretty well gone by the time I started for home. The latest of which was right at 5:00 ohmy.gif But gone in about 15 minutes. This is the 2nd December in a row with spring like storms. No such thing as climate change my hinder. As for the Rainbow? Sounds beautiful. I'm sure it was a "Love you mom" from Mickey smile.gif

I'm glad you are still showing kindness to the neighborhood feline population; although I'm sorry about the dreams. I do hope Blackie is alright. I'm starting to wonder if he isn't some angel/spirit cat too.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny windy Tuesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to make your trek home yesterday without being drenched by the storms passing through your neighborhood. That is always helpful. From what I can tell on the radar it looks like your commute home this evening should be a dry one as well.

Not much happening around the homestead these days. Enjoying the "calm" before the next round of major projects - - whatever they may be. Noah has enjoyed the sunbeams today - - a welcome change from the gloomy cloudy recent days. Still have the lunch dishes to do and need to make a trek to the mailbox in an hour or so.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work and this afternoon is going quickly. Once again, I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Just another day in the life here; same old same old, But I guess that's better than dealing with crisis. Supposed to be half way nice tomorrow then get cold for Friday and the weekend. Ten more days on this schedule (and counting)

Got home on time tonight, the bus nearly empty which is rare, but nice. Theresa and Tang are doing OK. Batteries gave up the ghost on the laser toy for which they were disappointed; guess I'll have to get more tomorrow.

Always glad to hear your little man Noah is doing better, including all his tummy fur back wink.gif Not much else going on here. Just going to settle in with the kittles for the night. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope today is going well for you with any errands you have needed to do, and that you and your precious companions are being able to enjoy this day together.

Low key here today. Noah is enjoying the sunbeams, as am I. Still need to do the lunch dishes. Tomorrow I have a couple of quick errands to run locally, and then this weekend will be working on the monthly bills for January.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I got the errands done fast, but later in the day than I would have liked. I also had not considered a downside of the new schedule. Lately I've only been going as far as the Save a Lot on my off day (Wednesday) and getting my quarters from the PNC by there. But that PNC isn't open on Saturdays. Which means I guess I will have to go to Kroger every other week and get 2 rolls. Oh well, it's still better than those awful Saturdays spent commuting as long as I am working.

Been a low key day otherwise spent with the kittles. Two more Saturdays working and one more Wednesday off. That first week on the new schedule will seem long I'm sure. Well, time to take care of Tang's ear, insulin and can food for him and Theresa. I hope you and Noah have a very peaceful and pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy chilly Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know there are changes in routines when schedules change. Sounds like you already have an alternative plan in place for getting your quarters - - I presume for the laundry machines. Yeah, the first week may be an adjustment, but the good news is that you will have your weekends back with your precious Theresa and little Tang.

This morning I got my errands run to the Goodwill store and the bank. I still have other stuff that I need to go through to add to the donation list of things to drop off at Goodwill. All in due time. So glad to be back home to my precious Noah who was eagerly greeting me when I came in from the garage. Glad I made the errand run today as beginning tomorrow we are supposed to be under a high wind advisory until Saturday afternoon with damaging wind gusts and potential power outages due to falling trees. I hope this does not turn out to be another horrendous wind event like we had the last of June.

After lunch I will focus on getting caught up on e-mails and then a trek to the mailbox. Noah is on his bathroom window perch - - no sunbeams today to warm the body or spirit. Still the bathroom window gives him a good view of the surrounding woods and some of the front yard - - and he can watch the coming and going of traffic on the road.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work and this afternoon will go quickly, my friend. I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, the quarters are for laundry; a bit of a snag but I'm sure being off Saturdays will more than make up for it. TGIF and Caturday will have meaning again soon.

We had an interesting weather day. Started out with thunder storms and heavy rain and finishing with high winds and flecks of freezing rain. Supposed to snow some tomorrow but no more than a dusting to half an inch expected in the metro area.

Work was OK, I guess. But my old sup did my mid month as my sup was out. I dropped below a 3 over all for the first time in a while sad.gif Oh well, what can I do?

I can understand that Noah likes to sit high up in the window for a better view. Theresa and Tang like to sit in the bedroom window for much the same reason as I'm on the second floor. Happy to hear he was there to greet you when you got home. Not much else going on here. I hope you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, gusty windy chilly cloudy Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I am so sorry about the results of your evaluation. How can your old supervisor do your evaluation? How is he aware of your performance if he is no longer your supervisor? Did your old supervisor tell you why he could not give you a better score so that you could "improve" for your next evaluation? Can you talk to your current supervisor about your evaluation and explain to him why you feel you deserve a better rating? I really am very sorry, Tracy. I hope this will not adversely affect your consideration for a permanent position. However, it does offer some affirmation that keeping your options opened for more stable employment would be a good idea.

Hope the weather is not a factor in your travels today. The blustery gusty winds are here through tomorrow. I hope no one in the windy path has to endure power outages.

Did some chores this morning, changed the linens on the bed and Noah's - - now have some laundry to do at some point in time. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his after lunch nap. Have the lunch dishes to do. Tomorrow will be bill-a-thon day.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work and this afternoon is going quickly, my friend. I hope your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

My sup actually did the review. The other one just went over the results so it could get filed. I'm not too worried because I've seen actual empoyees do worse. Plus a little while ago he came by with paperwork for me to sign to get a Time Warner email; so that's good I guess. Also I am the last of my training class because the other guy got another job. It's my experience that I never get jobs I go after, they seem to find me.

It's been windy here today and cloudy and cold. I hope it dies down soon. I hope it's not too bad there. I hope you and Noah are doing well today. Getting ready to head on home to the babies. Hope you and Noah have a peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT

LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

What can I say, Brrrrrrr!!!! We got a little snow last night and today. The wind started yesterday and we were supposed to put our trash and recycle bins out down by the street last night for this morning's collection. Not many put theirs out, we didn't either after I saw paper flying down the street.

We have at least 2 faithful cats, solid white one we call Snowball, and the gray and white one we call White Collar. The white color goes around the back of his neck like a collar. I hope they find a place to stay warm.

I hope you, little Theresa, and Tang have a warm cozy evening......God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you LoveMyMickey

Aye, cold it is indeed. And windy. I hope White Collar and Snowball can keep warm. Didn't you say you'd put out some kind of makeshift shelter? At least they will have food to eat thanks to your kindness. You are truly an inspiration. You keep warm as well. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Yes, we have a nice shelter for them, but I think they might be scared because they might feel trapped. Anyway they have been eating well, even in the cold.

Have a good Caturday with your precioud furbabies....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Hi LoveMyMickey

I had not considered the trapped/fear factor. I've thought about putting a cardboard box with some old clothes/towels out, but I'm sure my neighbors would throw it out - lovely people - NOT. Hoping your Caturday is going well.

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Ours is a cut in half plastic trash can laying down, filled with old T-shirts and a towel or two. It looks like a cozy little den to me, but like I said they might feel trapped.....TTFN..
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, windy, chilly, sunny Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope and pray with all my heart that the e-mail you get from Time Warner will be an offer for employment, my friend. What a glorious celebration that would be - - in addition to your new schedule beginning in a week. Please let us know how things go.

The bill-a-thon for January is done, checks are written to be mailed next week, mailing labels are prepared for next year's checks that still get mailed - - progress. The weekly secuirty updates are done on the desk top as well. Noah is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking an afternoon nap and lunch dishes now need to tended to. In a half hour or so I will make the trek to the mailbox - - sure wish the wind would begin to subside.

The hour is getting closer to when you can begin your travels homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. Just one more Saturday to get through, Tracy - - I know you will be a happy camper next week when you make your final weekend journey home from work. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

The paperwork was for me to get an email address/access for Time Warner, not expecting anything from them. But, still, it's a good thing. But, I'll let you know of any positive changes (if any)

Today started out cold, gray, and windy. But the sun is finally out and feeling warmer than it is. Yes, one more Saturday to get through. I'll be very glad when that day is over and I make it home to the babies. Caturdays will be ours again smile.gif

Only about 30 more minutes to get through and my trek begins. 3.25 hours after that until I'm home, if the bus is on time. I'm hoping it will be, but not holding my breath. I hope you are able to get through your bill-a-thon with a minimum of effort. I hope you and Noah had a great day and a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, chilly Sunday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Laundry has been done by now and hopefully you and your precious fur family are enjoying a peaceful lazy Sunday together.

Hope your travels home yesterday were expedient. The light is at the end of the commuting tunnel - - just one more Saturday to get through. YEA!!!

Have been getting caught up on e-mails today. Lunch is on the stove warming - - it's a little later than usual today as I have had quite a few e-mails to respond to so far today. Noah is stretched out in front of one of the space heaters soaking up the warmth on the tile floor since there are no warm sunbeams to enjoy today.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Laundry was done with minimal interference, and a lazy day all around for me Theresa and Tang. My second bus home last night was 15 minutes late, but oh well. On the way to my first bus I had extra time so I ducked into Goodwill and hit he book area. Someone had donated a whole bunch of Star Trek novels; all books being .50. I got one, and will see about getting more next week. .50 is in my budget happy.gif Like you said, just that last one to go. I'm looking forward to no more Saturdays having to work.

Glad you got caught up on the emails. Thank you so much for the e-card by the way. As I said, it illustrated why I don't put up the tree wink.gif

I hope you and Noah have had a good day enjoying each others company and have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, Christmas Eve greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to find the Trek novels at Goodwill. This must have give you bit of cheer to look forward to. Hope you're able to get the other novels, too.

It is quite chilly and damp today with steady light rain. Thankfully tomorrow is supposed to be a dry day for driving to spend some time with my brother and family. So I may not be able to correspond with you tomorrow. Just finished putting together the gift cards with the Christmas cards for tomorrow.

I know you will have to work tomorrow - - wish you didn't have to. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that tomorrow will be also be kind to you, and that your travels home today and tomorrow will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Yes, finding the books gave me some cheer. Good timing too because I had just finished the second book of a trillogy that my current sup lent me. Next one does not come about for another year or so.

Been rainy here today, but it's starting to go away a little bit. Been kind of slow, what calls we have had have been jerks unfortunately. You'd think at least one day out of the year people could at least try to be nicer. But, that's humans for you. I prefer my animal companions frankly. I am looking forward to returning home to them already.

I hope you have a nice time with your family tomorrow. Does Noah get to come along or stay home? If it's the latter, I'm sure he will be glad to see you when you return. I wish I didn't have to work either, but I can't afford to lose the pay. As you know, I'm struggling as it it is (which I am growing most weary over) I hope you and Noah have a most joyous holiday, my friend. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy, dreary, sometimes icy Wednesday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope your travels yesterday went smoothly for the holiday schedule, and that all went well at work. Actually clinical studies have shown that the holidays can cause more overt acts of hositility because of the stress and pressure of social expectations. Of course this still doesn't give people the excuse to be aggressive or hostile - - but perhaps knowing it is a "phenomenon" of the season may help to endure.

Yesterday was a good visit with family, but nothing replaces the joy of getting back home to my precious Noah. On the way home I almost had a collision with a deer crossing the road before I crossed the bridge back into Franklin County. Thankfully I was going slow enough that I was able to swerve just in time as the deer was right in front of me by the time I saw it in my headlights. Then I was coming down my road - - I was using my high beams at this point - - I saw the shadow of a young buck standing at the side of the road getting ready to cross the road. Thankfully I was able to pass him before our paths crossed. It is sooooo good to be home with my precious Noah today.

Have been working on getting bill payments scheduled due for January. It is a cloudy, chilly, rainy, sometimes freezing rain day outside. I am soooo glad that I no longer have to go out in this type of weather. Tomorrow is forecasted to be a sunny day, so I will make my trip to the post office tomorrow to mail the payments that I cannot make online. Thankfully that will be a quick trip. Am looking forward to getting some soup on the stove warming for lunch, and I know my precious Noah will be looking forward to having some lunch in his bowl, too.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I'm glad you had a good time with your family. Sorry to hear about not one, but two near misses with deer? I'm glad you (and hopefully they) are OK. Glad you got home safe and sound to Noah. I got a ride home from work so it was good.

Today was my last Wednesday off, but due to freezing rain, sleet, etc all day, I was not able to get out for anything. But tomorrow is after hours meeting. So, since I have a ride home, I will go get a few things at Kroger during my 3 hour gap. Yeah 2 "long" days this week. But after this Saturday that's over.

Been a pretty lazy day all around here for me Theresa and Tang (due to the weather) They are just finishing up their can food and I will settle in for the night. I hope you and Noah have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, somewhat cloudy chilly Thursday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I was wondering if you were able to get your errands done yesterday, and am not surprised you were "canceled out" by the weather as it was looking on the weather map. Hope you're able to get your provisions later on today as planned, and so glad you have a ride home after the meeting tonight.

Was able to make my quick errand run this morning - - stopped off at the store to pick up some provisions that were on the low side to tide me over until I make my next major grocery run in a couple of weeks, and then stopped off at the post office to mail the checks on my way home. The store was busy but thankfully was able to get checked out quickly instead of having to wait in a long line.

Noah's tummy is comfy from lunch and is now curled up on his lamb's wool cushion for his afternoon nap. We have had some sun today, and earlier he was enjoying the warm sunbeams on his bathroom window perch. Still have the lunch dishes to do and in about an hour a trek to the mailbox.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, that hopefully the meeting tonight will be shorter than usual so that you can get home to your precious Theresa and little Tang to enjoy a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

Well, the meeting was cancelled. So much for that plan. I'm happy for not getting home late, but the provisions will be tricky. Tonight I guess I will grab the litter on the way home because I am out, and the pans are thin; even if I have to lug it home (sigh) I guess tomorrow I will bring an extra shopping bag with me and get some things at Kroger on lunch. This is life.

Glad you were able to get your errands done and home to your precious Noah. I'm always happy to hear that he's doing well. Theresa and Tang are OK, and I guess they will get a nice surprise tonight when I get home fairly early after telling them this was a "long" day. I hope you and Noah have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny Friday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I know the change in plans for the meeting also changed your plans for shopping. Hope you're able to get the provisions you need during your lunch today, and won't have too much difficulty getting them home during this evening's commute. Hang in here, Tracy. Next week begins your new schedule, and then you can plan your errands that do not involve the inconsistencies of your employer's decisions - - like canceling meetings.

Not a great deal going on today - - scheduled another bill to be paid - - so glad I don't have to write checks anymore for every bill that needs to be paid especially since every bill has different "due by" dates - - I'd be spending most of my time driving to the post office.

Looks like the extended forecast is now including the words "snow" and "freezing" whatever for next week. Soo glad I no longer have to force myself to drive in this type of weather to get to a job - - I just do not have the endurance anymore for white knuckle driving.

I know you still have quite awhile yet to get through today, but I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your journey home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was able to get what I need (I hope) during lunch as well as quarters from the bank. Last time I will be able to use that location it looks like. But I have enough for 2 weeks worth of laundry. Looks like we may see some snow tonight. Isn't that nice for my last Saturday working? (sigh) Oh well. Next week I will try not to look back. Still one holiday to work, but at least my schedule accomodates that - if I can get off a little early that is.

I'm glad you were able to get your tasks done today, and that you don't have to drive in foul weather to go to a job you hate. Enjoy the extra time with your precious Noah; you have earned it my friend.

Well, on the way to the break room to put my stuff in my thermal shopping bag and get outta here home to the babies. Hope you and Noah have a wonderful night. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, chilly Saturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you were able to get your provisions yesterday during lunch. That is helpful. Perhaps next year you will be able to have at least one of the holidays off - - I hope so, anyway. And I'm soooo glad this is the LAST Saturday you will have to work. I am truly very happy for you, my friend.

This morning Noah and I woke up to patches of white on the ground and trees, which has now completely disappeared since the temps have warmed. Have been busy doing laundry and doing the weekly security updates on the desk top. Noah has had his lunch and is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap. Still have lunch dishes to do, and in a couple of hours will make the trek to the mailbox.

I hope your travels to work this morning were not hampered by any winter weather. I know you must be counting down the last couple of hours, and minutes, to the time you can begin your trek homeward to your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your journey home this evening will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam

I was able to get most of what I needed. And I lucked out in that traffic was light enough on my first bus (on time actually) that I was able to get the 2nd bus that goes back to the garage (so not far to walk) last of that too I guess. The only thing I have not been able to get is more insulin syringes for Tang. I was going to go on my lunch, but I only get 30 minutes and it's fairly ugly out. But, I remembered the shift change next week and I will have about 45 minutes before I have to clock; so I can get them at Kroger some time before Wednesday when I run out.

Getting a ride down to my bus stop this evening, so that's good. Well, as far as the Goodwill near by; I want to check out those books again. I too am looking forward to being off next Caturday. I'm glad you were able to get your stuff done and have time to spend with Noah. I hope you both have a great evening. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

Happy Caturday to you, little Theresa and Tang. I'm happy for you too, that you will have the weekends off. I hope you had a safe trip home this evening.....The snow is beautiful today in the neighborhood. Easy for me to say, because I got my Krogering done yesterday morning....We were running out of cat food and I didn't want anything knocking on the door saying, "Where's the Beef?"

No matter how cold or snowy, the animals clean up everything at night. I looked out one night and White Collar was laying on a rug I have by the door, so they know where to go for a little warmth.

Tracy, I hope you and furbabies have a warm and cozy evening and enjoy your books. Thank you for being a friend....TTFN

LoveMyMickey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.