Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Tang
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny warm and breezy Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Today was even busier than yesterday blink.gif and we had a 10 hour person out (meaning in queue late) But I made it thru with less of a headache. Good to know your errands were completed in a timely manner and you were able to get home to your little man; I'm sure he was glad to see you. Sorry to hear he was upset by the feline "traveler" Theresa and Tang get a little antsy when the see them in our area. Of course it's from the balcony, so it's usually not bad. I reassure them (as you did with Noah) But I also remind them how lucky they are and that those poor waifs are not out there by choice. I guess that's why I put food out.

I'm glad to hear that he's settled down though with a full tummy and a warm place to lay. Well, 2 days down and 3 to go. Or, 40% down and 60% to go. Sad how I count it down to the minutes like that, huh? I don't know if it's this job, or the grind in general that has me down so dry.gif Anyway, time to pack up and get home to the kittles smiling faces. I hope you and Noah had a terrific day and have a most peaceful evening. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. It is always a blessing sharing your news as to how things are going for you and your precious fur tribe.

Hope today is not driving you insane at work, and equally important, that you are not having to contend with a splitting headache.

Today has been a mixed bag of accomplishments. Was able to get the emergency generator started today to charge the battery - - started fine which is good news since it still has some of the untreated gas in it. Got the desk top updated on its security programs and scans - - that went smoothly. Then I thought I would try to do the checkbook balancing act - - but can't seem to get the figures to reconcile between the checkbook and the bank statement -- very aggravating when this happens. I did find an error in the checkbook math - - not in my favor - - but even with the correction still can't get the figures to work out. I know I'm missing something somewhere in the math - - just haven't figured it out yet. My next step is to go over the figures on the bank statement to see if I can make sense of any discrepancies showing there.

Noah and I are enjoying having the big door open and gated today, and something just caught his interest so he is over on his window bench keeping watch. The lunch dishes are done, and the tarp is back over the generator.

In about 45 minutes you will begin your trek homeward to your precious companions who are eagerly anticipating to the jubilant arrival of you - - their Forever Dad. I hope today has been treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny, warm Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Today has been about the same as the others, not as much of a headache though. This is looking like the trend going into migrations (sigh) I'm a little surprised I have not been asked to do any OT. We'll see.

I'm glad your generator seems to be in good working order. I am sorry to hear about the banking problems; how well I can relate my friend. I do hope it works out in the end for you. I'm chuckling at Noah "stalking" what ever is outside. I always laugh at Theresa and Tang when they do that. For a while there was this one squirrel that would come on to the balcony and tease Theresa, bless her heart. Glad to hear you both are enjoying having the big door open.

It has come time for me to pack up my stuff and head home to my kids, the best part of my day. Three down and two to go. I hope you and Noah have had a good day and that your evening is most enjoyable. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you aren't being plagued with headaches this week so far - - they can be quite debilitating. I hope you will get more overtime - - and hopefully it will help you get ahead with your finances.

After I shut down this whiz gizmo yesterday evening I went over the bank statement and everything figured up okay. Then I went back through my checkbook and discovered that I had overlooked some payments that have not yet cleared the bank - - which then reconciled the finances for another month - - thank goodness.

This morning was mowing day in the front yard - - a 2-hour cardio workout which included a couple of very much needed time-outs in the cool garage because the sun was bright and very warm. It felt so good to get a shower and wash my hair afterward. By the time I got through it was time to get my precious boy his lunch. With contented tummy he is upstairs now enjoying the sunbeams through the west windows.

I'm glad I mowed today as showers are forecasted for the area beginning this evening - - some may materialize over the homestead at some point in time. Still have lunch dishes to do and eventually a trek to the mailbox and put the lawnmower away in the garage. Looking forward to an early evening with my precious Noah snuggled next to me.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and cloudy, breezy (but not raining anymore) Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sounds like you had a quite a work out in the yard today, I hope you didn't over do. I guess the rain we had must be heading your way. I hope it's not too bad. Kudos on getting the bank statement cleared up, I imagine that's a load off your mind. Glad to hear Noah is doing well, with a full belly and sunbeams to bask in.

Today was about the same at work. Four down and one to go for the week. My horoscope today said something about my career being at a crossroads and I need to reach out to the past to go forward. That being the case, I got an email that Kindred (formerly Vencor from my resume) is hiring desktop support. I applied even though I figure my chances are about as good as an ice cube in Hades. Can't hurt I guess.

Not much else going on. Time to pack up and start on my trek homeward to Theresa and Tang. I hope you and Noah had a great day and that your evening is most blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you received a job notice that you felt you could reply to, and hope the job with Kindred actually turns out to be a good prospect for you. Please let us know how things go.

Today has been a lazy day here enjoying just hanging out with my precious Noah. His tummy is content with lunch, and he's upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time. We have the potential of rain showers this afternoon and evening, and it's cloudy outside at the moment.

My friend, I hope today is treating you kindly at work, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam and hazy breezy TGIF greetings to you and little Noah.

Like I said, I figure I don't have much chance on that job, but I thought I'd post anyway. I almost had an in thru an agency last year @ 19.00/hr but it fell through. I think it's because I worked there before thru Tek Systems who have been forever banned because they would not stick with them while they were going thru the bankruptcy/name change.

Today was a typical Friday as far as being busy. But it's over and I can go home and enjoy 2 days with my fur kids. Next week it will be 2 years that I've had Sgt. Tang. My, how time flies! I'm glad you and Noah have had a relaxing day and hope that your evening is most peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes rainy Caturday afternoon greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you were able to get your errands run today in a timely fashion so that you and your precious companions can enjoy most of this weekend together.

Today I did a serious search on Amazon Prime for free TV episodes to supplement HuluPlus, and have found several that I have loaded into my "watch list". The programs are streaming nicely through my Roku box. YEA!!!

Noah is upstairs at the moment enjoying some private time as his lunch settles on his tummy. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make, and the load of laundry to put in the dryer. In about 30 minutes coverage of the Preakness begins.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and a partly sunny and warm Caturday to you and your precious Noah too.

It didn't start out that way though, and I thought I was going to get rained on a couple times to and from my errands. I did get them done in about 1.5 hours. My first stop was to the Book and Music Exchange to use up some more credit. I was looking for book 2 of the Q Continuum trilogy of which I read 1 and have 3; no luck. So I turned to the best seller section for which I had 2 coming. I found 2 over 500 pages each. A collection of short SF stories by new authors that were judged to be published by some of the best in the business. The other, The Timeships, appears to be a modern day sequel to HG. Wells The Time Machine. I can't wait to give that a read. Then Dollar Tree, Save-a-Lot and home. I found some good bargains at the latter.

On the weekends I put out food for the strays twice a day as opposed to just in the evenings during the week. Last night I saw a poor little black cat darting from behind the dumpster who was near skin and bones sad.gif I was on my way to put the food out behind there as it turns out. I hope he/she availed him/herself of it.

Glad to hear you were able to find some more programming, and free no less. I wish I had a way of streaming other than the computer; I like free it fits my meager budget. Glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always, with a full belly and sunbeams. The rest of the day was lazy spent with the fur kidlets. Not mush else going on. I hope you and Noah had a good Caturday and that your evening is filled with peace and joy. TTFN

TTT
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you, Sgt. Tang, and Princess Theresa are doing well today. I bet the furbabies will enjoy balcony time during this warmer weather......That is so generous and good of you to feed the stray cats. I have found that if one gets scared, he will hide and come back later.......We had a yellow tabby to eat this morning, he wasn't scared with the door open.....White Collar still comes by twice a day. The big white cat came by the other day and inspected everything and went on his way. The raccoons are funny, they wash their hands/feet after they eat.

I hope you have an enjoyable evening with your furkids and a pleasant work week.......You are always in my thoughts and prayers, and always thinking of Angel Sir Thomas......TTFN

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, rainy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your errands done in a reasonably timely fashion yesterday, and hope laundry time this morning went smoothly so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can enjoy the majority of this day uninterrupted by chores.

The good news from the Preakness yesterday is that Orb was defeated by my personal choice Oxbow - - which continues Affirmed's record as Triple Crown winner for another year. YES!!! Another nice bit of news from yesterday's race is that Rosie Napravnik who rode MyLute finished in third place - - as she was the only female jockey in the race. It would not have hurt my feelings any if she had finished first, but am glad she finished in the top 3.

As was the case yesterday there are no sunbeams for my precious Noah to enjoy today. Instead of taking his after lunch repose upstairs, he has snuggled down next to me. He is so sweet. I love watching him sleep peacefully and dream.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
moon_beam, I hope you forgive me for "butting in"...BUT...I just don't get it. Affirmed did not set a record as Triple Crown Winner. He won the Triple Crow in 1978, not for all time to come. Most horse racing fans would love to see another Triple Crown Winner, but you just seem so determined not to and that makes no sense to me. If any Triple Crown Winner set a record it was "Secretariat". His records in all three races still stand today as they have finally updated his time he ran in the Preakness. His record at the Belmont race has never even been approached. And Oxbow's pedigree is really not all that impressive if you look at it. Unfortunately Orb had a bad day. There were plenty of fine horses in the past years who COULD have been the next Triple Crown Winner, but it was usually due to injury that prevented them from accomplishing this feat, Charismatic, Smarty Jones, Big Brown, I'll Have Another, etc. It's not like a new Triple Crown Winner would take anything away from Affirmed; he won his in 1978 and that's that. Let someone else have a shot at it too, that's all I'm saying.

Tom's Dad...I hope your fur kids are well...been having problems with mine, but both Mindy and Shelley are doing better. Miss Mindy gave me quite a scare this Tuesday when she vomited up blood and bile. The vet seemed to think it was a touch of pancreatitis or inflammatory bowel disease. She hasn't vomited since, but I'm keeping a close eye on her
Tom's Dad
Wow, looks like my own Triple Crown of posts today smile.gif

LovemyMickey, I do what I can, but what you do for the neighborhood kitties eclipses what small efforts I can make. But I thank you just the same. I'm glad White Collar and the others still avail themselves of your kindness. And I agree the raccoons are funny to watch laugh.gif

moon_beam, I too must say I'm confused at you not wanting to see a Triple Crown winner again. But to each their own. Personally it does not mean much to me as I'm not a sports fan of any kind. As was evidenced when U of L won the NCAA championship huh.gif Laundry was a bit tricky, but thankfully nobody showed up to claim the load I had to move over to another dryer. I'm sorry to hear Noah had no sunbeams. We didn't have any here either, but that didn't stop it from climbing to 86. Hardly balcony weather. Well, Theresa would have loved it, but my AC and energy bill would not. I hope you have both had a good day though.

DannysMom, I am sorry to hear about the health scares you have had with your girls. I tried many time to post on the one about Mindy, but the page kept freezing mad.gif That was in Chrome; I didn't try IE because I hate the way the site works in that. I'm hoping Mindy has nothing more than IBS or a mild form of pancreatitis. Tom had the latter in his final days, but I think that was a symptom of bigger issues brought about by that butcher that put him under when his BG was so very low. Have you had her blood checked? I do hope both she and Shelley will be OK and stay that way. You will be in our prayers.

Thank you all for stopping by and hope you and your fur babies have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy, sometimes sunny, sometimes stormy Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad your laundry time yesterday went smoothly. Seems like you have had to do some laundry shuffling lately to acquire access to the machines you prefer to use. I know from my years in an apartment setting how frustrating this can be. Hopefully you not lost any money from machines that do not work, or whose money containers are jammed.

Today has been busy getting caught up on some e-mails and enjoying my precious Noah's company. Even though we have periods of storms overhead, we have the big door open and gated to enjoy the fresh air and the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. Ever since I had the gutter guards installed I no longer get rain sloshing inside around the area where the two double doors meet and close. This is very nice.

From looking at the clock seems you have a couple of more hours to go before you can begin your trek homeward to precious companions. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and partly sunny and very warm (85) Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I didn't lose any money in the machines, thank goodness. Other than the "shifting" it went pretty well. I'm glad to hear you and Noah have enjoyed some fresh air today. We are supposed to see rain too later this week, which would appear to be the only reason it will cool down. We really don't have much of a Spring or Fall around these parts, just Summer and Winter (sigh)

As I look at the date of the first post on this thread, I see that tomorrow will be 2 years to the day little Tang joined our family! Where does the time go? It was just this past March that Theresa celebrated 6 years with me. She's slowed down some, but she's still my baby girl. And Tang continues to have the best outlook and attitude despite his issues. How have I managed to be so blessed with 2 such perfect little fur kids?

Well, getting ready to pack up and head on out for my trek home to them. I hope you and Noah had a terrific day together and that your evening is most peaceful. Blessings and TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. CONGRATULATIONS on your and your precious Tang's two year anniversary - - and his precious sister Theresa. Your precious little boy has come a long way under your loving supervision, my friend. May you and your precious Tang and Theresa have many more happy and healthy years together.

It's another quiet day here at the homestead for my precious Noah and me, although I do have some things that I could do if the spirit were to be so moved. My precious boy is upstairs enjoying his after lunch private quality time enjoying the sunbeams through the west windows. This is the first full day of sunshine we have had and it is a nice respite from the cloudy weather. The big door is open and gated to enjoy the fresh air and songs and sounds of the woodland residents. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make later on.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sometimes sunny, sometimes overcast Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear you are both getting some nice weather and enjoying some open door fresh air. I appreciate the compliment in my parenting of both Theresa and Tang. Hard to believe it's been so long. Last night was not so good though. There was throwing up right and left sad.gif It was the first truly hot day of the year, but I had the AC at 77 as always and it felt comfortable to me when I got in. After much fussing at the clean up (which unfortunately sent then scurrying) they seemed fine. I saw some fur in one mess, so I brushed them, but didn't get much fall off. I'm hoping it's isolated. There was not blood or anything like that, thank goodness.

I certainly understand having a hard time getting motivated to do anything when it gets hot like it has been; I am so NOT a summer person. I do hope you continue to have fairly decent weather in any case. Work was, well, work. Best not to dwell too much on that. Time to pack up and trek home to the kittles. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a wonderful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, another warm and sunny day greeting to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

It is distressing when our companions have upset tummies - - for whatever reason. Furballs can be as dangerous as any other medical situation. It is very good and healthy that your precious Theresa and little Tang can relieve themselves of the fur that accumulates in their tummies. It is much better for them to do it naturally than to end up having to need emergency surgery to remove a furball obstruction.

Have done some light chores so far today. Am waiting for the humidity to subside this weekend before going back outside to work in the yard. Noah has been keeping a close vigil at the big door today for some reason. There are little lizards that come out in the warm weather, and with the door open perhaps a passer by stops to investigate if the open door is an invitation. My precious little Noah - - always on the alert to defend his home against invaders. He is taking a "time out" at the moment- - he has had his lunch and keeping me company as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and finally not raining Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

You're right that it's best they get rid of hairballs naturally, I just wish they didn't do it in the food and water bowls. In Tang's case, I think it may be occasional bouts of gluttony. Who knows how long he was on the street with no food; Sometimes he eats all nervous looking like he thinks I'm going to take the food away (sigh) Bless his heart.

Chuckling at Noah "standing guard" Those lizards don't stand a chance. Theresa is the "mighty hunter" in our house. It's always funny to watch. Almost as funny as when Tang sits front paws crossed, ears pricked, as if he too is standing watch.

Today was not too bad at work, except I found out I have to work 6-6 Sunday 06/09 and 8-8 Monday 06/10 for the KY cut over. I have rides home, Monday I can get a bus in, but Sunday coming is still a big "?" Be a decent check I guess though dry.gif

Well, time to pack up and trek homeward to Theresa and Tang, hoping the rain does not start up again. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that your evening is most peaceful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm humid cloudy sometimes sunny forecasted to be stormy evening Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

WOW - - that is some work schedule for you coming up the first weekend in June. I'm glad to know you have a ride home and hope you will be able to find suitable transportation into the office on Sunday. Please let us know how things go.

Last night we had a series of typical summer-like thunderstorms come through the area and at one point the power flicked off. Thought we might need to fire up the generator but the power came back on and remained on for the rest of the night. Still it's nice to know that it's there - - and working - - in case a need should arise. Today I worked on the June bill-a-thon, and now have saved up enough money to purchase the arched trellis arbor for the front yard to put over the St. Francis statue. It's a verdigris green which should blend in nicely with the terrain and be a nice offset for the cement statue. I ordered it from Amazon with free shipping, and it should arrive by next Tuesday at the latest.

Instead of taking his after lunch repose upstairs, my precious Noah is keeping me company taking his nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. He is sooo sweet. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and cooler but sometimes rainy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Yes, it's a daunting schedule indeed. And Memorial Day next Monday is no better dry.gif This contractor nonsense is wearing very thin. I'm sorry to hear your power went out, but glad it came back on quickly. Even though you didn't need the generator it's good to know it's in good working order. The trellis for the statue sounds very nice, I'm sure it will make a nice addition to the yard.

Another so-so day in the pit, with one more day to go before Caturday. I'm glad to hear that your boy is keeping you company and am always glad to hear he's doing well. Getting ready to pack up and head on out toward home to the kittles. I hope today as been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny cool T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I remember so well through my years of employment being expected to do all the "unwanted" jobs and schedules that no one else would do - - expected to pick up the slack for the other employees as well while still being expected to keep up with my own work. I do understand how weary you must feel sometimes, Tracy - - sometimes more often than not, and it really doesn't get easier as time goes on - - whether you're an actual "employee" or a "contractor." Hold onto your dreams of better days, my friend - - I promise you they will come and at exactly the right time. In the meantime, I do hope that the day to day regimen will be bearable for you.

It's quite cool today as forecasted and quite breezy. I have enjoyed doing some reading with my precious Noah keeping me faithful company. Also have done the security updates on both the desk top and this whiz gig lap top. I hope to be able to do some yard work tomorrow but we'll see what happens when tomorrow comes.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny somewhat warm TGIF greetings to you and little Noah.

Thanks for the encouragement about the work situation. I hope you're right, but most days I really wonder if it will really ever get better, or if I'm stuck on this hamster wheel forever. Today I got to sit with someone to see how TWC stuff is done. He got maybe 3 of those calls. I got a general idea of how the process flow works, but I doubt I'll really be ready by the 2nd week of June. But, as with all things, it is what it is. Not much I can do about it.

That being said, I made it through another week and am looking forward to a quiet weekend with the kittles before having to slog back in here on Monday via the old Saturday schedule method. Not really looking forward to that. Glad to hear you got your security updates done while your precious Noah kept you company. Time to pack it up and start my trek homeward to Theresa and Tang. I hope this day has treated you and Noah well and that you both have a most pleasant evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, sunny breezy Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that you have to trudge into work on Monday while other employees enjoy the benefits of a three day weekend. I hope your transportation schedule will not be too grueling or difficult.

Since the rain has finally subsided for awhile and the temps have warmed up a bit I decided to work outside in the front yard a couple of hours trying to get up some of the dead leaves and thatch that have accumulated over the years. I managed to get a 25 foot square area raked and the debris deposited in the woodsy areas. I still have a bit more that I want to clean up but that will be another day. The front yard hasn't been touched by a rake for many a year as my priorities in earlier years was keeping the back yard cleaned up for my precious companions. The breezy wind was coming from the west which made the workout interesting in keeping the collected debris from being blown back into the yard - - but I did the best I could with the mindset that whatever I could get accomplished would be better for the yard than before I started.

It was great getting my shower and washing my hair and getting some soup. My precious Noah kept me faithful company as I freshened up, and alerted me that FedEx delivered the trellis - - as promised by Amazon when I ordered it on Thursday. Good ol' Amazon. At some point in time I will need to put it together - - that's a project for another day - - definitely NOT today. Still need to do the lunch dishes and make a trek to the mailbox and put the trellis in the garage. My precious Noah has had his lunch and is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. He is soooo sweet.

My friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and mostly cloudy by fairly warm Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sounds like you had a quite a work out in the yards today. I can imagine you are feeling a sense of accomplishment. Glad to hear the trellis arrived. I hope looks as good over the statue as you imagined.

I got errands done within 2 hours. The Save-a-Lot didn't have the usual generic litter, so I had to spend an extra 1.50 on the Arm and Hammer. It could have been worse, they didn't used to carry that at all. Hope it's not a permanent thing. The weather when I got home was sunny and 68, so I opened up the sliding doors to the balcony. They didn't stay out long though. Spent the rest of the day relaxing with Theresa and Tang. Not much else going on. Getting ready to take care of Tang's daily process and top off the food and water bowls. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that your evening is blissful. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Glad you were able to get your errands done in a timely manner yesterday, and hope that your laundry chores this morning were accomplished quickly and uneventfully.

It has been a quiet day here. Noah and I have been enoying watching the MeTV network tribute to the military air force program "12 o'clock High" which is a series based on the oldie movie of the same title with Gregory Peck - - one of my favorite oldie movies.

Noah is letting me know that it is definitely time for his dinner so will get this posted to you. I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny, breezy and warm Sunday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Laundry was fine; nobody in there when I got there and no "left over" loads. One person came in at the point of transitioning my loads to the dryers then pulling out the things I hang to dry the rest of the way. So, that was all good.

Quiet day here too. Sounds like you found some good things to watch. Speaking of which, yesterday I called Insight and spoke with a fellow in sales/retention about getting my prices down. Not only did he get 26.00/month off my current bill, I picked up 40 more channels. Including History 2, BBC America (New Dr. Who) Nat Geo Wild and all of the Encore channels. They show slightly older movies, but they are commercial free. I didn't even get charged the 25.00 "fee" for doing so. I guess folks grumbling about Time Warner and going to AT&T has had an effect after all.

I have spent most of the day snuggled up with either Theresa or Tang at any given time. Theresa came to cuddle by my arm and chest right after laundry as usual, and Tang came up a couple times and snuggled right up to my head on the pillow and let loose his tribble like purr motor wub.gif I hope today has been kind to you and Noah, and that your evening is most peaceful. TTFN

TTT

moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy sometimes sunny Memorial Day Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your cable bill decreased AND having more channels added!! I'm sure you will enjoy the Nat Geo Wild, History, and BBC America channels, and maybe even the Encore channels, too. I'm so very glad this worked out for you, my friend. ENJOY!!

Got a very unexpected call last night from my brother in Bedford who invited me to lunch and a visit today, so will need to be getting ready so that I can meet him and my sister in law at a little restaurant at Smith Mountain Lake. So I probably will not be back online today when I finally get home, as I will want to focus on my precious little Noah for the evening.

I hope your travels into work today were uneventful, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny warm Memorial Day greetings to you and your precious Noah as well.

What a nice surprise from your brother to meet for lunch, enjoy! I hope Noah greets you enthusiastically when you get home, my friend.

As you may have guessed from when I'm posting this, it's not been busy (knocks wood) But getting here was problematic. I was well in time to catch my second bus, but needed to take a quick restroom break at a hotel very near my bus stop. As I was approaching the intersection, I saw a bus go by. Nothing was scheduled in that time frame, and it was 7 minutes until mine was due. So, either mine came early (likely) or it was another bus and mine never came. Well for the 10-12 minutes after it was due anyway. At this point I'd have been late taking it anyway. So, down to the Marriot I walked and got a cab. I can't afford it, but as I opined before, it's better to be out 30 dollars than 80 (a day's pay after taxes, giver or take). Even if I'd taken the next bus I'd have been 2 hours late (the same amount as the fare give or take) I did find a dollar in the seat of the cab though dry.gif

So, I am here until 5:00. At which time I will meander on down to the stop for my first bus due at 6:00 to get downtown about 20-25 minutes before my second due at 7:10. I figure on getting home about 20 odd minutes later than usual. I do hope your weather improves so you can enjoy your lunch/get together with your brother and sister in law. I also hope the day is treating you and Noah well, and that you have a blissful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry that your travels to work yesterday were a challenge - - and expensive with the cab. But - - you found a dollar in the cushion - - and that was a bonus of sorts. Hope your travels home yesterday were safe and uneventful.

It is always good to get back home to my precious Noah after spending time with family - - and yesterday was more stressful than usual with my brother and sister-in-law. It is apparent they have become too financially affluent with little empathy for those who are just struggling to keep what little they have. The kicker was when they were sharing the news with me about their cat Stan who now at 12 years of age has diabetes. They were going to withhold insulin therapy from him if the vet discovered any other health issues. Fortunately, the vet told them the truth - - that his medical status is good - - which then forced them to reluctantly provide insulin for his diabetes. I just wanted to cry for Stan - - and had to clamp my jaw shut as they were laughing about just letting Stan die from the effects of diabetes. And they wonder why I prefer the company of my precious Noah to them. I was soooooo glad to get back home to my precious Noah. I had to take a couple of aspirins when I got home yesterday because I had a raging headache.

Today has been a blessing just being home with my precious boy. I got some bills paid online and began working on my financial worksheet for a meeting that I want to have with my tax preparer in July to go over my tax status for this year. It's better to do a mid-year financial review than to wait for the end of the year and get a rude awakening from the new tax laws. I do NOT like surprises - - especially when it comes to money.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny Tuesday greetings to you and Noah.

I'm so sorry for your experience yesterday. I don't think I could have kept my mouth shut what with having lost Tom to such a horrible affliction and now dealing with it with Tang. The self absorbed cruelty of humans never ceases to amaze me. Is there any chance you could take Stan? Just a thought, I know you seem content with just you and Noah. But that subject hits close to home for me. I hope they didn't ruin your day too much.

I hope your taxes turn out well, my friend. I do not like surprises in the area of money either. Today I sat with someone, but only took 2 calls from TWC. I'm guessing it's going to be sink or swim like everything else in my life (sigh) Not much else going on, running late so got to make it brief. Getting ready to head home to the kittles. I hope today has been kinder to you and Noah and that you both have peaceful and joyous evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I want to thank you very much for your support about my visit with my brother and sister-in-law. The option to take in Stan is not possible: first because my precious Noah will not tolerate another companion inside his domain - - so my first priority is to him. Secondly, my brother and sister in law will not even let me house sit with Stan free of charge when they are out of town - - have totally ignored my offers - - they prefer to pay someone else to do it. Now with Stan's diabetes issues they have the "added expense" of boarding him at the vet - - which they also complain about.

All the while they were grousing about Stan's medical needs I actually was thinking of you and how heartbreaking it has been for you to just be able to meet your beloved Sir Thomas' and now precious Tang's, and Theresa's, medical needs - - while here are two people who are financially well off and they have NO compassion for the little one that is in their care. It literally gave me a raging headache.

Today was errand day - - mailing checks and a quick grocery run for items that were getting low in the larder. My precoius Noah was ever so glad when I got back home, and we have been enjoying a really nice day with the big door open listening to the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. My precious boy has a content tummy from lunch and is taking his afternoon nap snuggled next to me as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny warm Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

My heart really goes out to poor Stan sad.gif So, instead of treating him at home, they just dump him at the vet for indeterminate amounts of time? You are right that it's awful that they have the resources to treat his condition, and yet seem indifferent to his needs. While people like myself scrape by to do the bare minimum that I can for my babies. I swear there ought to be an animal version of CPT that removes the poor fur kids from uncaring environments. I can understand your not wanting to upset Noah with the presence of another cat in the house. My prayers go out to poor Stan.

Glad to hear you and Noah got to enjoy some fresh air and nature today; that's always nice. Getting some OT here for special projects for migration making sure modems are assigned correctly. There is mandatory 3 hours uninterrupted on that tomorrow. Which means I have to stay until 8:30. I have been "assured" I'll have a ride home dry.gif The upside is the meeting I cancelled. So, I guess I won't get home as late as I had planned.

Well, time to pack up and head home to my fur kids that mean the world to me (unlike some people) I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you for your prayers for Stan. In addition to my precious Noah's emotional need to be my only furchild, another reality is that I am also now on a strict budget - - so I would not be able to properly take care of both my precious Noah and Stan, or any new additional companion on a continuous basis. Stan has been in my prayers since he was adopted as a kitten by my niece, and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf.

Noah and I are enjoying a non-"agenda" day today - - no errands, no bills to pay, no yard work chores, - - just enjoying the day together. Very nice.

Noah and I had a visit this morning from the "bob tail" kitty who felt very much at home enough to enjoy some stretch time on the porch outside the big door. He had also been doing some sniffing and searching and chirping earlier in the morning into the corner of the side single door, and as lunch was on the stove warming, I got the door gates so that we could have the big door open. As I was getting the gates from the corner, I saw what Noah had been tracking: a little lizard had made its way into the house and was hiding in the corner. So I got the long handled dust pan which has come in handy on previous occasions for "wildlife rescue" and was finally able to get it into the dust pan and gave the lizard a live release outside. After lunch Noah checked out the corner and decided that everything is as it should be, so he is upstairs enjoying some private time and the sunbeams through the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make.

So this has been the "day in the life" here. Today is going to be a very long one for you at work, but I know the overtime will come in very handy for you come pay day. I hope your ride home this evening will be a direct route so that you can get home to your precious Theresa and little Tang in an expedient time frame so that you and your precious companions can have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and warm partly sunny Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Glad to hear you both got to have a "no agenda" relaxing day. I'm chuckling at Noah the "mighty hunter", but glad the poor little lizard received a rescue from you. Is this an actual wild bobcat, or a stray with a bob tail? Either way, it's nice that they feel safe enough in your domain to take a load off from time to time.

I stopped at Kroger on my way in to the office for kitty food and walked the rest of the way. I saw something both sad and distressing. Two of the goslings (well, not goslings any more, but still very young) run over in the road sad.gif I also saw many stray adult feathers. I figured it was from the parents fighting to save their babies. Geese cross that road all the time, and most folks stop for them; there are even signs. I can only figure this was a deliberate act mad.gif It's been on my mind all day. I hope they are at the Bridge at least.

Tonight will be a pain for sure. But at least I won't be staying as late if there were a meeting. My ride home is the sup, so I doubt any "direct" routes. But as long as I get home, it' s all good. And yes, the OT will help. But, alas, it never seems to go as far as we think, does it?

Not much else going on. Just filling the time until I can travel home to Theresa and Tang. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that your evening is most peaceful. TTFN

TTT

PS: Continued prayers for Stan.
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm T G I F greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Hope your travels home last night got you home at a decent hour, and that the overtime will be a worthy compensation for any additional aggravation you encountered. Yeah, unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head when you share with us: "But, alas, it never seems to go as far as we think, does it?" - - I am all too familiar with the adage "A day late and a dollar short."

The little kitty that occasionally comes to visit has a natural bob tail (as opposed to having it amputated) - - I tried looking up the different bob tail breeds of cats and so far have not found one that is an "exact" match to this little beauty - - which probably makes him / her a very "mixed" heritage. Because of the long fluffly dark gray fur this kitty reminds me so much of my beloved beautiful baby girl Abbygayle - - and is the only feline visitor to the porch that Noah has not tried to leap through the window to chase away. Perhaps it is our beloved Abbygayle coming to visit us through this little kitty.

I am so sorry about the gosslings. Unfortunately wildlife does not always abide by the human rules of stopping and looking both ways first before crossing the road - - sometimes it is an honest unavoidable accident. These precious creatures are now with the angels restored to their beautiful bodies and are enjoying the beauty of their eternal home.

This morning I bit the bullet and mowed the back yard. The temp and humidity were both in the 70's when I started, but the good news is that the back yard is mostly shady area, so that helped a great deal. It felt very good to get my shower and wash my hair afterward, and spend time with my precious little boy - - who is upstairs at the moment enjoying his after lunch private time and the sunbeams through the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do and need to go put the lawnmower in the garage now that the engine has had a chance to cool.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and overcast, sometimes rainy TGIF greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sounds like you got a lot done in the yard today. I hope you didn't over do it my friend. So, it's a domestic cat. Do you think she belongs to someone? From Noah's reaction and her resemblance to Abbygayle, perhaps she is visiting you. It sounds hart warming. Please let me know how she's doing if she keeps coming around.

Getting home was not too bad last night; got in a little after 9:00 to quite a greeting committee. Today I attempted to take TWC calls and muddles through. I don't think I've actually been set to that queue yet though. I'm not looking forward to the 2nd week of June (sigh)

Not much else going on right now. Getting ready to pack up and trek home to Theresa and Tang to enjoy Caturday Eve. At least it looks like the rain has cleared for now. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you both have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, warm sunny Caturday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

I hope you have been able to get your errands done today in a timely manner so that you and your precious companions can enjoy the majority of today together.

Today has been a pleasantly lazy one here for my precious Noah and me. Have been getting caught up on e-mails and enjoying my precious little boy's company - - who at the moment is upstairs enjoying his after lunch private time and the sunbeams through the west windows. Still have the lunch dishes to do a trek to the mailbox to make. Didn't see the little bob tail kitty today - - at least not yet - - she / he doesn't visit every day but it is always a real treat when this little beauty does stop by to say hello.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and overcast sometimes rainy and mild Caturday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

I got a late start on my errands (another week where I just seemed to need the extra sleep) but got them done in 1.5 hours from leaving to getting home. Some newbie cashier at Dollar Tree broke one of my glass encased candles it seems (sigh) I did get sprinkled on going up, but it was clear going back home.

Been a lazy day here too, as I imagine tomorrow will. Next Sunday I won't be so lucky dry.gif Glad to hear Noah is enjoying some sunbeams today. Sorry to hear Bobtail has not come by. Perhaps you could set a little food out for her. Just a thought. That's the reason I buy the cheap generic stuff; for my neighborhood waifs. Not much else going on here. Got to get Tang's ear and insulin taken care of, etc. I hope today has been most kind to you and your precious Noah, and that you both have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, stormy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. By now you and your precious fur tribe are enjoying this day together after early morning chores.

Sorry that one of your glass encased candles arrived home broken. That is always aggravating.

A couple of hours ago we had a strong thunderstorm pass through the area, although Noah and I were spared of the direct path of the thunder and lightning - - got quite dark outside though for awhile. Storms are supposed to continue on through some of tomorrow. So we'll see what happens.

Noah and I have had our lunch, and my precious boy is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking his afternoon nap as I'm writing to you. We're just enjoying this quiet lazy day together.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Tracy,

I hope you had a peaceful and cozy day with your furbabies. I'm glad we didn't get those storms that they predicted for here this weekend. My heart goes out to the tornado victims and the storm chasers that got hurt or killed.

On a lighter note, I looked out the carport window last night and there was a raccoon and a cat eating together, in different plates. I thought the cat was white collar, but I think it was the darker gray one with the same markings. He went over and laid on the rug for several hours after he ate.....I buy the Pet Pride store brand dry cat food and the Friskies can food. They get a small amount of can food because I mix it with other stuff or dry food.........I haven't seen the Bobtail cat for quite awhile. He was solid gray with medium length fur, not slick or real long.....Speaking of cat food, I gotta' challenge that big Kroger store tomorrow. They're still working on it....One morning a man held up the PNC bank inside Kroger, he got the money and was trying to find the back door when a construction worker caught him. I had shopped the day before.

Tracy, I hope you have a pleasant work week and a cozy evening with Theresa and Tang. Give them a special pat for me...TTFN

LoveMyMickey
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and Sunday greetings to you and Noah.

I'm glad you were spared the worst of the storms, I hope your weather is not too bad going forward so that you don't need your generator. Though it's good to know its there. Glad to hear Noah is doing well as always.

Thank you LoveMyMickey. I'm glad we were spared the bad storms too. As I said, I just got sprinkled on a little yesterday going to the store. It could have been much worse, and I fully expected it to be given my luck. Thanks for sharing about the raccoon and the other cat. What a nice picture. Bless you for your kindness to the neighborhood waifs. Good luck with Kroger, I sure hope you don't run into any trouble unsure.gif

Today I got up after realizing my alarm had been going off for 25 minutes blink.gif Between that and sleeping until almost 10:30 yesterday, I'm still feeling out of gas (sigh) A sign of getting older I suppose. Laundry went down with no trouble and it was a lazy if a bit fitful day in terms of getting rest. Tang scratched his ear bloody again, and I had to dose him with Benadryl making him think he was in trouble. Just a while ago I was trying to use the bathroom and in he came, followed by Theresa. I asked if there was a family meeting. Time to take care of evening chores and settle in for what promises to be a difficult week and beyond. I hope you are both well, the strays and Noah are well and that you have most blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Monday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry your precious little boy had a problem with his ear yesterday. I know how stressful this is for you seeing him so uncomfortable. Hope you were able to get your little boy cleaned up and Benadryl administered showing your precious boy once again the tenderness of daddy's loving care.

I know this week is going to be a long one for you - - so sorry about your "extended" week. One day at a time, my friend, and soon you will be back to the more normal routine - - I hope.

Have been getting caught up on e-mails today, - - which for me can take up most of the day. The storms that passed through yesterday, and may pop up this afternoon, are definitely bringing in cooler, drier air which is a welcome relief to the stifling humidity of previous days. Noah has had his lunch and is upstairs enjoying is afternoon private time and west window sunbeams.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and partly sunny and warm Monday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Thanks for the supportive words for Tang. Sometimes I wonder if that thing is getting bigger, or if it just looks that way because he's irritated it ohmy.gif I'm hoping it's the latter because I don't know what else to do at this point.

Yes this will be a long week making Saturday that much more precious and busy as I will have to do my laundry when I'm done with my running. I have no idea how that will go (sigh) As for it getting back to normal, I'm really not counting on that. But, if I'm right about us being phased out, maybe it won't be that busy at all. Talk about a mixed bag dry.gif

Glad to hear some good weather has come your way and you and Noah were able to enjoy sunbeams. Not much else going on. Time to pack up and trek home to the fur kids. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that your have a peaceful and blessed evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, pleasant Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits. Hope today is going well for you at work.

This morning I finally unpacked the trellis arbor for the St. Francis statue that was delivered 2 weeks ago over the Memorial Day weekend. Have read through the instructions on putting it together and installing it. It's going to be a bit of a project but am sure that I will be able to get it done. Noah's tummy is content with lunch, and instead of taking his afternoon repose upstairs, he is snuggled into his lamb's wool cushion sweetly napping as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox later on to make.

I hope today is treating you kindly at work, my friend, and that your travels home will be safe and expedient so that you and your precious Theresa and little Tang can have a peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening together. I thank you for your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny, warm Tuesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Great news about the trellis. It does sound like a bit of a project, but I imagine it will look great when it's done. Glad to hear Noah is doing well, as always and enjoying his sunbeams.

The OT for Sunday has become a good news/bad news thing. The good news is I only have to work 6 hours and don't have to go in so early. The bad news it's 5-11 PM blink.gif I can take the bus in and was told by my sup he secured a ride home for me. But that's literally 6 hours between when I get off and when I have to be up to get here to work 8-8 the next day (sigh) Have I mentioned how much I am starting to hate this job lately? I even had to turn down an interview for a job tomorrow because I could not get out of work. But there are no guarantees and it would have eaten up that Sunday OT anyway. Sometimes I think I'm stuck eternally in a "wait and see" mode. I guess I'll just have to see if my contract expires to start really hitting the bricks, as it were. what a grind.

But, another day is over and the lovely Princess Theresa, and handsome Sgt. Tang are awaiting my return which I'm packing up to do now. I hope today has treated you and Noah kindly and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, cloudy Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Oh my - - I can so understand your distress about this coming Sunday's hours - - a REAL BUMMER indeed!!! I am so sorry that you had to decline the job interview - - it isn't often you get one, and to have to decline it because of your current job is the pits. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this coming Sunday and Monday will not be as stressful as they are looking to be - - and however they turn out, that you will endure through them okay. Please let us know how things go.

Today was mowing day in the front yard - - 2.5 hour cardio workout including a 10 minute time out in the garage when the mower ran out of gas. Am glad that chore is done for awhile - - not that I mind the mowing it's just a BIG job. Noah kept a faithful vigil from the front windows as I worked outside. His tummy is content with lunch and he is upstairs at the moment enjoying his private time. Still have the lunch dishes to do and eventually put the mower back in the garage.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and sunny and warm Wednesday greetings to you and your precious Noah.

Sounds like you had quite a work out. I can imagine you're glad that's over with for now. At least you had Noah to keep vigil while you worked. Glad to hear he is doing well as always.

Yeah, Sunday is going to be a pain. One lady who is working her regular shift (8-4:30) said she'd swap with me if she could work 8 hours. Of course the sup said no; even swap of hours only. I was going to ask her if she could do it anyway, be she left early today. I sent an email. We'll see. It would almost be worth it to get a cab in not to have to work so late. It's cost about 1.5 hours OT. So I'd come out a little ahead too. Not holding my breath tough dry.gif As for the interview, I got called by 2 different guys at different area codes. So I'm thinking there was something not kosher about it anyway.

Thought I'd share a wildlife story. Coming into work yesterday off the 2nd bus, I saw the most beautiful owl perched atop one of the lot light poles. Apparently a little bird (I don't know the breed) decided that was his spot and was carrying on and diving in, and cursing this owl something terrible. The owl was totally unimpressed, and did nothing. Talk about the mouse that roared laugh.gif I've seen other raptors in the area, but that was my first owl sighting. Not living in the country, I get excited seeing animals I don't usually see.

Well, just about 5 minutes until I can pack up and trek home to Princess Theresa and Sgt. Tang, the lights of my life where there are so few. I hope today has been kind to you and Noah and that you have a most blessed evening. TTFN.

TTT
moon_beam
Hi, Tracy, soggy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Sorry the supervisor will not allow you and the other employee to switch schedules. Could it be that the job you had to decline an interview with was listed with two different agencies - - which might account for the duplicate calls? Whatever the situation, it's always best to follow your "gut" feelings which could very well be telling you that the job opportunity was not a good fit for you to pursue. Hope you will get a call for THE job that IS right for you. Please let us know how things go.

Thank you so much for sharing your wildlife story with us. Owls are very "independent minded" creatures for sure - - I'm surprised the owl did not make lunch of the other little bird - - braveheart for sure when dive-bombing an owl. This would have made an incredible video.

We're under a thick cloud cover until Saturday sometime, with the potential for rain forecasted through this coming Tuesday, 6/11. Temps were forecasted for the 70's today but they have remained in the low 60's instead. It's feeling a bit on the damp side here in the house so I have done a load of laundry which needs to be put into the dryer - - which will help to dry out the damp feeling here in the basement living quarters. Noah has had his lunch and is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion with his paws over his eyes as I'm writing to you. Still have the lunch dishes to do and a trek to the mailbox to make later on.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Tom's Dad
Thank you moon_beam, and cloudy, sometimes rainy Thursday greetings to you and your precious Noah. I hope your weather gets better over the next few days.

Yeah, them's the breaks for Sunday. At least I do have a ride home, and I can still do my laundry on Sunday. I'll just have to make sure I get a good long nap afterward, as I'll likely only get about 3 hours sleep that night before the grueling 12 hour Monday after blink.gif It wasn't just that there were 2 different guys at different area codes, but the one caller did not complete his message. He stopped in the middle and said "Oh, is this your account?" then hung up. Not a good sign.

I too wish I'd had a video cam and more time on that bird/owl conflict. I didn't know who to admire more: The bird for his tenacity, or the owl for his restraint.

I know what you mean about the humidity and am glad you found a way to combat it. I really hate that part of summer. Glad to hear Noah is well, and getting his beauty rest. Not much else going on here. In a few minutes I can pack up and head on home to Theresa and Tang no doubt awaiting my return. I hope today was kind to you and Noah, and that you both have a most peaceful evening. TTFN

TTT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.